Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:58 am

"Hermetic chanting do share her terribly yes, but I can imagine that if we tell her that we are going to operate on her wounded Avatar after all she have been through that might...terrify her as well."
Amadeus said.
"I am also concerned about how her Core will react, it have been hurt twice now and do not really like interacting with anyone but it's host."
Cita chimed in.
"I am going to have to try to calm it."
Colin nodded, "I think Adley is the best for calming her, perhaps... In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she's sleeping like a baby now."

"It seams I have missed a few things while I have been sitting down here in the basement watching over Bee, what on earth have happened?"
Colin frowned, "Mr. Karyak participated in the rescue mission to get the Nephandi's hostages. It was successful, but he... gave some questionable orders that were not his to give; it was mr. Haagen's command, and mr. Karyak usurped it. And he took a captive, rambling about how he could save her, and claimed... some body parts as trophies - 'Mana', he calls it - from the fallen Fallen. I hope he took my orders to heart and had his shapechanger allies evacuate the place where he had those bits sent; fortunately, he didn't bring those pieces here... He's young, reckless... and as the Cabal Leader, it falls to me to try to salvage the situation and him as best I can. He's not an entirely lost cause yet, but if he screws up again and the... Italian Angel hears of it, I'll have to disavow him to protect the rest of the Cabal."

"I see your point Mr Wainwright, it is probably best to keep him out then, if he have done the things you mentioned earlier...hum...try not to shoot members of the Chantry though but yes I will not have anything disturb this operation and put Beatrice at greater risk."
He snorted, "I'll try to just maim him, rather than kill him outright. And this time, the gun is loaded with regular ammunition rather than Primium, so it will be less troublesome to heal it... Ah, I'm still sorry about the whole mess with Lady Ceris..."

"I do not often indulge in movies Mr Wainwright so while I have seen Star Wars I have not really enough involvement with the franchise to catch the reference no."
He nodded, "Essentially, the Sith grow stronger in the Force through strong emotion - any strong emotion - while the Jedi deny themselves emotional attachment. Both sides miss something vital, though, I think..."

"Yeah that would fit them exactly only that the Cultists believe in personal responsibility and usually are not aggressive, though if you get one mad...oh hell they are mad..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Hulk smash?"

"Now that I have seen, it is a pretty entertaining show."
"Very much so. I have plans to build a blue box for myself - probably not as spacious, but a functional pod, at least - although the sonic screwdriver is probably going to be miss Adelbloom's toy."

"Well being hit by a missile do not sound comfortable. I was killed by a Ball of Abysmal flame once...ah the old spell not the one you know. The old spell was an exploding fireball you would throw...I still have issues with fire."
He grimaced, "I wouldn't say I know the newer version, either... I know how to help drain one, but I think I'll pass on learning how to make the bloody thing. I've... caused enough collateral damage with explosions for a lifetime, and more."

"I still would gladly take that again...many times rather than having someone damage my Avatar..."
He stroked his scars, "Now that, at least, i can agree with wholeheartedly. Though with my luck, I'd probably survive with an even more impressive set of scars. And possibly a few bits scattered from Nebraska to Florida."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 am

Colin nodded, "I think Adley is the best for calming her, perhaps... In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she's sleeping like a baby now."

"That Flambeau boy do seam to have a unique ability to reach Beatrice yes, and I do hope you are right, she needs her sleep. Perhaps he will be able to calm her fears before such an operation."

Colin frowned, "Mr. Karyak participated in the rescue mission to get the Nephandi's hostages. It was successful, but he... gave some questionable orders that were not his to give; it was mr. Haagen's command, and mr. Karyak usurped it. And he took a captive, rambling about how he could save her, and claimed... some body parts as trophies - 'Mana', he calls it - from the fallen Fallen.

Amadeus looked at you and blinked a few times.
"Ehm...excuse me he did what?"
He asked and Cita just shook her head and looked down at her computer again.

I hope he took my orders to heart and had his shapechanger allies evacuate the place where he had those bits sent; fortunately, he didn't bring those pieces here...

"Such bits and parts would be fine arcane connections, anyone around them would be in danger."
Amadeus said.
"At least if the Nephandi went looking for their missing men. I also hope the Nephandi in question was dead before any parts where removed."

He's young, reckless... and as the Cabal Leader, it falls to me to try to salvage the situation and him as best I can. He's not an entirely lost cause yet, but if he screws up again and the... Italian Angel hears of it, I'll have to disavow him to protect the rest of the Cabal."

"I see I do not envy you that task Mr Wainwright and I hope you are successful."
The old Verbena said though his eyes narrowed a bit at the mention of Vittoria D'Angelo.

He snorted, "I'll try to just maim him, rather than kill him outright. And this time, the gun is loaded with regular ammunition rather than Primium, so it will be less troublesome to heal it... Ah, I'm still sorry about the whole mess with Lady Ceris..."

"I do appreciate you trying to create less work for me Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said sounding a bit amused but then he turned serious when you mentioned the Marauder.
"Gloria...I...well you did what you had to do child, I just wish there was a way to set her free, it is my fault she is a Marauder I...feel responsible for her..."

He nodded, "Essentially, the Sith grow stronger in the Force through strong emotion - any strong emotion - while the Jedi deny themselves emotional attachment. Both sides miss something vital, though, I think..."

"Hum...well that do sound like Cultists but yes I would say both of those approaches lack something vital, perhaps there is always a golden middle path to strive fore."
Amadeus said and nodded.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hulk smash?"

Amadeus raised an eyebrow at that.
"I am afraid I do not get the reference Mr Wainwright."

"Very much so. I have plans to build a blue box for myself - probably not as spacious, but a functional pod, at least - although the sonic screwdriver is probably going to be miss Adelbloom's toy."

"Just be careful which monsters you run into young man."
Amadeus said and sounded amused.

He grimaced, "I wouldn't say I know the newer version, either... I know how to help drain one, but I think I'll pass on learning how to make the bloody thing. I've... caused enough collateral damage with explosions for a lifetime, and more."

"I do not know how to make one of the newer ones either I am not a Master of the Art of Wind...er Forces...I might be able to pull off one of the older ones but...I doubt I will ever use that spell, some memories are to painful."
The old druid muttered.

He stroked his scars, "Now that, at least, i can agree with wholeheartedly. Though with my luck, I'd probably survive with an even more impressive set of scars. And possibly a few bits scattered from Nebraska to Florida."

"Well ladies love scars I hear...and Miss Adlebloom should be good at locating things so I am sure she could find any missing bits."
Amadeus joked and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 pm

"Hum...one of the Akashics perhaps, and Miss Day though she is busy watching over our other vampire guests, I am telling you mea filius there are to many Massassa involved in this for my taste." Jeffry grumbled.

"You're telling me!" he said.

"But yes getting this man to cooperate might be difficult, and I hate to try to use force to make him...on the other hand his help would be quite useful..."

"The Nephandi will try to put him down if they can, they already have tried once."

Have you tried to ever get a straight answer out of Mara O'Connor fili mi? She always answer in bloody riddles, but yes perhaps she might know something. I would appriciate it if you could find out more about this when you return to Chicago though...as for the dagger yes there will be quite a few imprints on it but I recon I can isolate the one belonging to the owner."

"I confess I have not often talked to Deaconess O'Connor. But as we seem to only get more loose ends and questions the more answers we get, perhaps a new and novel riddle would be an appropriate new method to try," he said with a grin. "I'll see if I can find out anything else and let you know."

Later:

"I already feel rather lost but...no they are not all bad, keeping my course though...I feel adrift in a sea of emotions and thoughts, not all of which I understand."

"There is certainly a tide of emotions," he agreed. "But you said there was a torch now, that can help us from being lost."

"I wish this had not happened...but that is not...your fault...and you say we are here...I am safe...my...Mentor say I will work magick again...I guess we have to take what we got...and there is hope...we have that..."

"Yes," he agreed.

"I...will paint it...when I am not...shaking to much to hold a brush." Beatrice promised and glanced up at you.

"Good...I will look forward to that time."

"I would...like there to be an acorn...but he is so confused...he do not know what he want, I will paint his emotions, I always do I let him express himself through me, at least...I can do that for him since he have not made me into a monster..."

He nodded at that. "Perhaps you can help him, if he is confused. Perhaps, sometimes there can be an acorn...for now, though, it is time to rest."

// and so my 12 hour work Saturday begins today. Wish me luck, I might be able to check in at some point.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Earlier:

"You're telling me!" he said.

"Yeah...well I will be happy when we do not have to have anything more to do with those...well in effect walking, talking poison containers."
Your old Mentor muttered.
"Though that is a bit unfair some of them are decent people I am sure but their kind and mages just should not mix."

"The Nephandi will try to put him down if they can, they already have tried once."

"Yes and chances are sooner or later they will get him meaning we need to get to him first."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"I confess I have not often talked to Deaconess O'Connor. But as we seem to only get more loose ends and questions the more answers we get, perhaps a new and novel riddle would be an appropriate new method to try," he said with a grin.

"Well I would take anything that could give us some answers right about now, and perhaps we can find some in Master O'Connor's riddles, it never hurts to try at least."
The old Flambeau said with a tired sigh.

"I'll see if I can find out anything else and let you know."

"Thank you I appreciate it fili mi."

Later:

"There is certainly a tide of emotions," he agreed. "But you said there was a torch now, that can help us from being lost."

"Yes...it can help us find out way perhaps, it feels like my Avatar is carrying a torch...that is how I see him now...that torch comforts me...it is beautiful and perfect..."
Beatrice muttered.

"Good...I will look forward to that time."

That made the young Verbena smile a little and she nodded.

He nodded at that. "Perhaps you can help him, if he is confused. Perhaps, sometimes there can be an acorn...for now, though, it is time to rest."

"I am not sure...it is possible to...help him...but I would like to...do so if I can...there should be an acorn...but he have forgotten that."
Beatrice muttered then she nodded.
"I...am so tired..."
She agreed.

(OOC: That long a work day sucks, good luck and take care of yourself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:56 pm

It is cold and he takes short swimms. But think on how the other fish tremble before him! I think he totally likes that. he said with a smile And we got to accept we're not part of the throngs of normal brainwashed people. It's eventually just fine.

I'd rather have the mages all in one chantry with pitted resourses and the certainty that the justice is such and not just whatever some 500 years old decided

Exactly. Explore that posibility with her, find oportunities in what looks like a threat and empower her
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:08 pm

It is cold and he takes short swimms. But think on how the other fish tremble before him! I think he totally likes that. he said with a smile And we got to accept we're not part of the throngs of normal brainwashed people. It's eventually just fine.

"I can imagine a Great White is a fearsome predator...well not we are not like the sleepers but we also have to remember not to get to arrogant and think we are more than them either, everyone can learn magick if they would just open their eyes and Awaken."
Hildegard said and smiled.

I'd rather have the mages all in one chantry with pitted resourses and the certainty that the justice is such and not just whatever some 500 years old decided

"Every Chantry in the city have their own goals and ways to do things, I do not believe in some forced unity, as for our laws, well those five hundred year olds are the most powerful among us, and the most respected."
The old Chorister said sternly.

Exactly. Explore that posibility with her, find oportunities in what looks like a threat and empower her

"Perhaps you are right Mr Karyak...we will see...she is the youngest student I have ever trained."
Hildegard said and nodded.

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 pm

That Flambeau boy do seam to have a unique ability to reach Beatrice yes, and I do hope you are right, she needs her sleep. Perhaps he will be able to calm her fears before such an operation."
Colin smiled, "They're siblings, of sorts; they've been close for over five hundred years..."

"Ehm...excuse me he did what?"
He grimaced, "Hearts and hands, apparently - which makes some sense; he's rather a savage sort, it seems, and as the heart and hands of someone would be considered representations of someone's power, taking them for himself after defeating them would be tantamount to gaining greater power for himself... but he ignored the bloody obvious dangers inherent in doing so."

"At least if the Nephandi went looking for their missing men. I also hope the Nephandi in question was dead before any parts where removed."
"Apparently, the bodies were destroyed after their... dismemberment, but that's no reason to assume the Nephandi can't track the pieces yet. It would likely be a simple thing for them to discover that bits were removed..."

"I see I do not envy you that task Mr Wainwright and I hope you are successful."
He frowned, "Indeed... Well, the longer it takes before you hear of a lynching, the better, I suppose..."

"Gloria...I...well you did what you had to do child, I just wish there was a way to set her free, it is my fault she is a Marauder I...feel responsible for her..."
He nodded, "I... can't guarantee anything, of course, but it might be possible to convince the Deacon Council to let Lady Ceris assist us against the Fallen, and... 'accidentally' lose track of her in the conflagrations. With her ward, Maya, rescued, she could be convinced to aid us and subsequently disappear into the Umbra for good... It's a slim chance, I suppose, but it's the best she has. If nothing else, we can treat her with kindness and compassion before then..."

"Hum...well that do sound like Cultists but yes I would say both of those approaches lack something vital, perhaps there is always a golden middle path to strive fore."
"I do believe there was some sort of Grey Code, acknowledging both extremes as extremes. Not certain whether that was a fan creation or in the no longer extant Extended Universe, though."

"I am afraid I do not get the reference Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "Comic book character, with a few movies and a TV series under his belt; a scientist to turns big, green and insanely strong whenever he gets angry. The limits to his vocabulary are only surpassed by the limits to his patience."

"Just be careful which monsters you run into young man."
He grinned, "I'll be wary of statuary. Most of the others... have more easily exploitable weaknesses. Plus, a lot of them do tend to be rather thick."

"I do not know how to make one of the newer ones either I am not a Master of the Art of Wind...er Forces...I might be able to pull off one of the older ones but...I doubt I will ever use that spell, some memories are to painful."
He nodded, "I know what you mean... Even if I were to make a Philosopher's Stone, I wouldn't want to try it on people. And even if I were to somehow master the realm of Spirits, I doubt I'll ever reach out to tamper with someone's Avatar. I've used enough heat and fire for constructive and creative work to not have immediately traumatic responses to it, but dealing with Avatars... I've been hit by the worst imaginable twice; the first time, it worked, the second, not so much. I wouldn't want to do anything even remotely similar to anyone else..."

"Well ladies love scars I hear...and Miss Adlebloom should be good at locating things so I am sure she could find any missing bits."
He smirked, "Only if they were bits she'd have a vested interest in, I'm afraid. Let's settle for trying to avoid a scenario where my face gets dismantled again in the first place..."

((OOC:
"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright...we will see...she is the youngest student I have ever trained."
Hildegard said and nodded.
Oi, Colin's not colocating yet! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Colin smiled, "They're siblings, of sorts; they've been close for over five hundred years..."

"Hum...well if they have incarnated together over the lifetimes that do make sense I guess that they have a unique way to relate to one another."
Amadeus said and nodded.

He grimaced, "Hearts and hands, apparently - which makes some sense; he's rather a savage sort, it seems, and as the heart and hands of someone would be considered representations of someone's power, taking them for himself after defeating them would be tantamount to gaining greater power for himself... but he ignored the bloody obvious dangers inherent in doing so."

"I am less concerned with the body parts themselves, such blood magick is not to alien to me, but doing it and not properly dealing with arcane connections is another thing and ignoring orders while out in the field is...not good...not good at all that type of behavior gets people killed."

"Apparently, the bodies were destroyed after their... dismemberment, but that's no reason to assume the Nephandi can't track the pieces yet. It would likely be a simple thing for them to discover that bits were removed..."

"I could probably track a body part even if the rest of the body was destroyed so there are no reason not to assume our enemies can not do the same."
The old Verbena said.

He frowned, "Indeed... Well, the longer it takes before you hear of a lynching, the better, I suppose..."

Amadeus gave a bit of a grin about that.

He nodded, "I... can't guarantee anything, of course, but it might be possible to convince the Deacon Council to let Lady Ceris assist us against the Fallen, and... 'accidentally' lose track of her in the conflagrations. With her ward, Maya, rescued, she could be convinced to aid us and subsequently disappear into the Umbra for good... It's a slim chance, I suppose, but it's the best she has. If nothing else, we can treat her with kindness and compassion before then..."

"Hum...that might be the best solution Gloria can hope for after she attacked us, and if she manage to escape that would be good...well I can hope and yes in either case we can treat her kindly for she is not a bad person she is just...insane..."
The old healer said sadly.

"I do believe there was some sort of Grey Code, acknowledging both extremes as extremes. Not certain whether that was a fan creation or in the no longer extant Extended Universe, though."

"It do not matter right now in either case Mr Wainwright we all have tasks to attend to, but yes in fiction as well as reality going to extremes are seldom a good idea."
Amadeus said and glanced at you.

He smiled, "Comic book character, with a few movies and a TV series under his belt; a scientist to turns big, green and insanely strong whenever he gets angry. The limits to his vocabulary are only surpassed by the limits to his patience."

"I see, that sounds like a werewolf...well perhaps not the green part but the rest do sound familiar."
Amadeus said with a bit of a grin.

He grinned, "I'll be wary of statuary. Most of the others... have more easily exploitable weaknesses. Plus, a lot of them do tend to be rather thick."

"Ah yes those...seeing those episodes made me remember a friend I once had and his young apprentice who had a stone angel as his Avatar...if he had lived I am sure he would have gotten teased a bit about that...unfortunately he and his Mentor was kidnapped from Chicago by we think Nephandi years ago..."
The old Verbena said and sigh.
"Hum...it is the strangest things that get you sentimental."

He nodded, "I know what you mean... Even if I were to make a Philosopher's Stone, I wouldn't want to try it on people. And even if I were to somehow master the realm of Spirits, I doubt I'll ever reach out to tamper with someone's Avatar. I've used enough heat and fire for constructive and creative work to not have immediately traumatic responses to it, but dealing with Avatars... I've been hit by the worst imaginable twice; the first time, it worked, the second, not so much. I wouldn't want to do anything even remotely similar to anyone else..."

"Well you know ehm...tampering with Avatars can be used to heal as well Mr Wainwright..."
Cita said and glanced at you. Amadeus nodded he sigh.
"I am not easy around fire but I can do a fireball I just usually do not since if I have to fight I can do so much more with a few seeds or someone's blood than with fire...but a Ball of Abysmal Flame, I do not think I could bring myself to do that rote even if I remember from my life as a Hermetic how to do the rote."
Amadeus said and shook his head.

He smirked, "Only if they were bits she'd have a vested interest in, I'm afraid. Let's settle for trying to avoid a scenario where my face gets dismantled again in the first place..."

"Agreed young man...let us try to avoid that."
The old Verbena said.
"Do try to keep all body parts where they belong."

(OOC: Colin, Colin everywhere! )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:34 pm

"I am less concerned with the body parts themselves, such blood magick is not to alien to me, but doing it and not properly dealing with arcane connections is another thing and ignoring orders while out in the field is...not good...not good at all that type of behavior gets people killed."
Colin nodded, "I can to an extent understand how and why it works, and I do have a casual familiarity with the area where such beliefs are held - you know, familiarity with the former Empire and present Commonwealth, that sort of thing; I could probably work some sympathetic magic with those pieces, myself, though I would prefer not to deal with bits of Nephandi for any purposes. But as you say, doing it in such a sloppy manner is reckless and dangerous."

"I could probably track a body part even if the rest of the body was destroyed so there are no reason not to assume our enemies can not do the same."
He frowned, "We know the troublesome Chicago labyrinth keeps blood samples of every member on hand, for whatever purposes they might need; it would be a simple thing to use that to track pieces, and it would be optimistic beyond rhyme or reason to assume the Boston Labyrinth does not use the same simple trick."

"Hum...that might be the best solution Gloria can hope for after she attacked us, and if she manage to escape that would be good...well I can hope and yes in either case we can treat her kindly for she is not a bad person she is just...insane..."
He sighed, "And even so, she is neither irrational nor unreasonable, just... slightly dislocated in time, as it were, seeing another era."

"It do not matter right now in either case Mr Wainwright we all have tasks to attend to, but yes in fiction as well as reality going to extremes are seldom a good idea."
He smiled wryly, "Why, Master Nassa, was that a jab at my previous incarnation? But yes, the only thing that can be more dangerous than extremes is to not acknowledge them..."

"I see, that sounds like a werewolf...well perhaps not the green part but the rest do sound familiar."
"Which reminds me I have to contact one to get his stones. And see if he has any information on a ritual mr. Karyak implied can cleanse a soul - even an Avatar. If he is right about that, learning more could be an immense boon..."

"Ah yes those...seeing those episodes made me remember a friend I once had and his young apprentice who had a stone angel as his Avatar...if he had lived I am sure he would have gotten teased a bit about that...unfortunately he and his Mentor was kidnapped from Chicago by we think Nephandi years ago..."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Not Sebastian Silverberg, by any chance?"

"Well you know ehm...tampering with Avatars can be used to heal as well Mr Wainwright..."
He gave Cita a sad smile, "Oh, I know, but healing takes more skill than harming, and I fear I would be too nervous about making mistakes to get the necessary practice... I have CPR training, and I can hold down a patient while a better physician works, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better pilot for an air ambulance, but please don't ask me to use a scalpel on someone."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Colin nodded, "I can to an extent understand how and why it works, and I do have a casual familiarity with the area where such beliefs are held - you know, familiarity with the former Empire and present Commonwealth, that sort of thing; I could probably work some sympathetic magic with those pieces, myself, though I would prefer not to deal with bits of Nephandi for any purposes. But as you say, doing it in such a sloppy manner is reckless and dangerous."

"I do not think I would like to work my magick with Nephandi parts no, I would be worried about the Resonance of that, but yes it is sloppy to just bring them along, but then perhaps Mr Karyak do not know about such things as arcane connections or how they work so that might be why he did what he did."
Amadeus said.

He frowned, "We know the troublesome Chicago labyrinth keeps blood samples of every member on hand, for whatever purposes they might need; it would be a simple thing to use that to track pieces, and it would be optimistic beyond rhyme or reason to assume the Boston Labyrinth does not use the same simple trick."

"It is a smart trick and yes if they have the dead Nephandi's blood on file the tracing those parts should be easy, it is also useful in other to keep control over your own men, if someone want to leave and you have that kind of a connection to them then you can easily find them again or kill them from afar with some curse or another."
The old Verbena said and frowned.

He sighed, "And even so, she is neither irrational nor unreasonable, just... slightly dislocated in time, as it were, seeing another era."

"Yes she is...mentally living in another time where a computer is a scroll and a car is a horse and cart...that is still insanity though."

He smiled wryly, "Why, Master Nassa, was that a jab at my previous incarnation? But yes, the only thing that can be more dangerous than extremes is to not acknowledge them..."

"It might have been."
"And yes I agree the only thing more dangerous than extremes is indeed not to acknowledge them."

"Which reminds me I have to contact one to get his stones. And see if he has any information on a ritual mr. Karyak implied can cleanse a soul - even an Avatar. If he is right about that, learning more could be an immense boon..."

The old Verbena raised an eyebrow.
"You have to contact a werewolf to get his stones? My my Mr Wainwright did we not just discuss the dangers of harvesting body parts."
He said with a smirk and Cita blushed again. Amadeus quickly got serious though.
"Mr Karyak have spoken about a ritual that might cleanse a soul or destroy it, but he have provided no proof or anything other than something vague about Coawa mentioning there is a realm that werecreatures use to cleanse themselves, but we are not the same, I am very skeptical about the whole thing."

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Not Sebastian Silverberg, by any chance?"

"Yes...that was the little boy's name...where have you heard it?"
The healer asked sounding rather surprised.

He gave Cita a sad smile, "Oh, I know, but healing takes more skill than harming, and I fear I would be too nervous about making mistakes to get the necessary practice... I have CPR training, and I can hold down a patient while a better physician works, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better pilot for an air ambulance, but please don't ask me to use a scalpel on someone."

"Yes it is...easier to harm than to heal."
Cita said sadly and sigh.
"Well whatever you are called to do Mr Wainwright...for me healing souls is what I am good at...and it is a way for me to...make amends..."
She muttered and looked away towards unpleasant memories.
"Well on that note, as pleasant as this talk have been gentlemen, I do have to check on my patients."
Cita said and she begun to get to her feet from where she had been sitting on the floor. Amadeus stood and offered the spirit healer his hand to help her up.
"Yes off course Master Telar and I should get back to Beatrice as well."
He declared.
"I do not like to be away from her for to long."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 pm

"I do not think I would like to work my magick with Nephandi parts no, I would be worried about the Resonance of that, but yes it is sloppy to just bring them along, but then perhaps Mr Karyak do not know about such things as arcane connections or how they work so that might be why he did what he did."
Colin nodded, "Let us hope it is only a matter of gaps in his education..."

"Yes she is...mentally living in another time where a computer is a scroll and a car is a horse and cart...that is still insanity though."
He nodded, "True, but stable and predictable. And that's something, at least..."

"You have to contact a werewolf to get his stones? My my Mr Wainwright did we not just discuss the dangers of harvesting body parts."
He grinned, "One of mrs. Knox' old pack is a gemcutter. He does great work, and I might want to employ those skills for my own mundane business. I believe he's the one who carved the rose, actually."

"Mr Karyak have spoken about a ritual that might cleanse a soul or destroy it, but he have provided no proof or anything other than something vague about Coawa mentioning there is a realm that werecreatures use to cleanse themselves, but we are not the same, I am very skeptical about the whole thing."
He frowned, "Well, it's crazy enough that it just might work... It certainly does bear looking into, at least. Though I'm not so sure we can trust mr. Karyak to be the sole researcher on the subject."

"Yes...that was the little boy's name...where have you heard it?"
Colin frowned, "I've... encountered the young man; he's... a Nephandus, though he was fleeing when I met him. He's not entirely corrupted; he's still rather on the pleasant side - rather similar to Beatrice's disposition, actually. He left us his phone, and we spoke at some length about what he could reveal about the Labyrinth there... He had a happy accident a few years ago; a gorgeous little daughter, already Awakened, pure as the driven snow. I managed to get them to safety before a pair of Nephandi reached them... God, that's a deep hole I'm digging there, but... I've managed to do some good, at least... Mr. Silverberg has not had a good life since the Fallen got him, I'm afraid, but he just might manage to turn some of that around now... Perhaps even stay hidden long enough for mending his Avatar to become possible... It seems a lot of names from the different times are turning up this weekend; a great conjunction of people and plots coming together for an apocalyptic finale... with me getting information from a future where we've already won. That one reassures me greatly, mind you..."

"Well whatever you are called to do Mr Wainwright...for me healing souls is what I am good at...and it is a way for me to...make amends..."
Colin smiled wistfully, "If I were to boil it down to the base concepts, I suppose I'm good at moving and changing things... For the better, if possible, but the important part, I guess, is to not stand still... I destroyed so much when I was younger; now I create anew, and build upon what is. I guess some would call that my atonement... I'm still quite able to destroy, though I hardly enjoy it."

"Yes off course Master Telar and I should get back to Beatrice as well."
He nodded, "Indeed, and I have to make the final couple of preparations before returning to Chicago - including determining how to get back there. Hm, and I need a word with Master Steelhaven first, as well..."
He sighed, "It's going to be a long night yet..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:05 am

Colin nodded, "Let us hope it is only a matter of gaps in his education..."

"Well his Craft might not have arcane connections as part of it's beliefs."
Amadeus suggested.

He nodded, "True, but stable and predictable. And that's something, at least..."

"Yes that is something...she is still dangerous though, but I would prefer if she was returned to the Umbra rather than killed."

He grinned, "One of mrs. Knox' old pack is a gemcutter. He does great work, and I might want to employ those skills for my own mundane business. I believe he's the one who carved the rose, actually."

"I see well he is a skilled man then...and you think he might also be able to tell you something about the ritual Mr Karyak mentioned?"
The old Verbena asked.

He frowned, "Well, it's crazy enough that it just might work... It certainly does bear looking into, at least. Though I'm not so sure we can trust mr. Karyak to be the sole researcher on the subject."

"That something is crazy are no indication that something will work Mr Wainwright, TV to the contrary, usually crazy ideas fail, it bear looking into yes, but I would not hold out much hope, it seams to me to be a flight of fancy and little more and certainly not something I would risk and Avatar to test."
Amadeus said he did not sound convinced that the idea had any merit.

Colin frowned, "I've... encountered the young man; he's... a Nephandus, though he was fleeing when I met him. He's not entirely corrupted; he's still rather on the pleasant side - rather similar to Beatrice's disposition, actually. He left us his phone, and we spoke at some length about what he could reveal about the Labyrinth there...

"So the boy Fell...that is horrible."
The old Verbena said sadly.
"And it is even more sad in a way if he is not all corrupted, that means that when he is eventually caught, which he will be if he no longer have the protection of the other Nephandi...then what happens with him will be all the more tragic."

He had a happy accident a few years ago; a gorgeous little daughter, already Awakened, pure as the driven snow. I managed to get them to safety before a pair of Nephandi reached them... God, that's a deep hole I'm digging there, but... I've managed to do some good, at least... Mr. Silverberg has not had a good life since the Fallen got him, I'm afraid, but he just might manage to turn some of that around now... Perhaps even stay hidden long enough for mending his Avatar to become possible... It seems a lot of names from the different times are turning up this weekend; a great conjunction of people and plots coming together for an apocalyptic finale... with me getting information from a future where we've already won. That one reassures me greatly, mind you..."

"Mr Silverberg have a daughter an Awakened child that is not with the Nephandi...that is good."
Amadeus said but he just looked sad at the rest of your tale.
"That you have had visions of a future where we have won this conflict is comforting Mr Wainwright...but cleansing Fallen Avatars are a long way of, if it is possible at all, I doubt the boy's life will be better now that he have left the Nephandi, now he will be hunted by every faction and it is doubtful that it will take long for one of them to catch him."

Colin smiled wistfully, "If I were to boil it down to the base concepts, I suppose I'm good at moving and changing things... For the better, if possible, but the important part, I guess, is to not stand still... I destroyed so much when I was younger; now I create anew, and build upon what is. I guess some would call that my atonement... I'm still quite able to destroy, though I hardly enjoy it."

"Well that is...a good way to look at things Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and smiled.
"It is always good to create something."

He nodded, "Indeed, and I have to make the final couple of preparations before returning to Chicago - including determining how to get back there. Hm, and I need a word with Master Steelhaven first, as well..."

"I will open a portal and get you and Mr Roth Hicks back so you do not need to worry about that."
Cita said.
"Well if you excuse me then, just let me know when you are ready to go."
The spirit healer said she stopped for a moment to hear your response then gave both you and Amadeus a nod before she left the room.

He sighed, "It's going to be a long night yet..."

"It will at that Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said with a tired sigh.
"Well then I will go and take care of Beatrice and make that medicine, if you will excuse me?"
He said and gave you a nod before he walked out of the room as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:44 am

"Well his Craft might not have arcane connections as part of it's beliefs."
Colin frowned, "That would sound odd, but perhaps not impossible..."

"Yes that is something...she is still dangerous though, but I would prefer if she was returned to the Umbra rather than killed."
He nodded, "I agree, but beyond asking the Deacon Council nicely, there's little I can do..."

"I see well he is a skilled man then...and you think he might also be able to tell you something about the ritual Mr Karyak mentioned?"
He shrugged, "To be honest? Probably not much right away. But it's possible he knows someone who is familiar with it; he would be more likely to know where to inquire about it."

"That something is crazy are no indication that something will work Mr Wainwright, TV to the contrary, usually crazy ideas fail, it bear looking into yes, but I would not hold out much hope, it seams to me to be a flight of fancy and little more and certainly not something I would risk and Avatar to test."
He smiled, "A figure of speech, Master Nassa, a figure of speech. Crazy ideas don't necessarily usually fail, but they rarely have the exact result one might have hoped for. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative, but rarely without effect... As you say, it bears looking into, if nothing else then as a possibility to eliminate as not applicable to Avatars."

"And it is even more sad in a way if he is not all corrupted, that means that when he is eventually caught, which he will be if he no longer have the protection of the other Nephandi...then what happens with him will be all the more tragic."
He nodded, "All the more tragic is why he went into the Caul... He was given a deal; if he went in, he'd be allowed to kill his Mentor, to release him from the tortures the Nephandi had been putting him through... That's a hell of a thing to lay on a kid, not even a teenager... Still, the fact that he did so as an act of mercy seems to have had some impact on his, hm, rate of corruption. As for his protection, it's true that he doesn't have the Nephandi to hide behind, but he has acquired some... other allies. It might be enough to keep him safe for a little longer, it might not..."

"That you have had visions of a future where we have won this conflict is comforting Mr Wainwright...but cleansing Fallen Avatars are a long way of, if it is possible at all, I doubt the boy's life will be better now that he have left the Nephandi, now he will be hunted by every faction and it is doubtful that it will take long for one of them to catch him."
He smiled wryly, "The visions imply some degree of success with Avatar cleansing... not saying it outright that there's any complete success, but at least some progress. But in any case, I suspect the boy's life might be a little better, actually - there are other factions than those of Mages, after all; he's been given shelter by a faction of vampires, that... should be less torture-happy than the Fallen, at least. And less directly abusive."

"Well that is...a good way to look at things Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and smiled.
"It is always good to create something."
He smiled thinly, "It's a functional perspective. Blessed are the cheesemakers, and so on."

"I will open a portal and get you and Mr Roth Hicks back so you do not need to worry about that."
Cita said.
"Well if you excuse me then, just let me know when you are ready to go."
He nodded, "That's that sorted out, then - I'll send you a text once everything's in order."

"Well then I will go and take care of Beatrice and make that medicine, if you will excuse me?"
"Quite - I should see you once Chicago is tidied up, then."

He sighed and typed out a quick message to Joakim, "Slight delay this end - someone did something stupid, I had to mop it up. Explain later; shouldn't be much longer. Things complicated."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:31 am

"Yes and chances are sooner or later they will get him meaning we need to get to him first." Jeffry said and frowned.

"That they found him at all is disconcerting, I imagine they are not that easy to find...us trying to find him, in fact might lead the Nephandi to him, or they might pick up his trail that way. I'm not sure what the best thing to do right now is. But as it stands, we have a means of possibly finding him."

"Well I would take anything that could give us some answers right about now, and perhaps we can find some in Master O'Connor's riddles, it never hurts to try at least."

"I don't think it would hurt to try. If I find a moment, should I ask her about this matter then?"

Later:

"Yes...it can help us find out way perhaps, it feels like my Avatar is carrying a torch...that is how I see him now...that torch comforts me...it is beautiful and perfect..." Beatrice muttered.

"I think it can help..."

"I am not sure...it is possible to...help him...but I would like to...do so if I can...there should be an acorn...but he have forgotten that. Beatrice muttered then she nodded. "I...am so tired..."

"Perhaps we can help him remember the acorn...for now, though rest will help you get strong again."

// Survived!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:25 am

Adley:

Earlier:

"That they found him at all is disconcerting, I imagine they are not that easy to find...us trying to find him, in fact might lead the Nephandi to him, or they might pick up his trail that way. I'm not sure what the best thing to do right now is. But as it stands, we have a means of possibly finding him."

"Hum...yes I do wonder how they found the man in the first place and you are right us looking for him might end up leading them to him...for now try to find out more about this creature and we can decide later if this is a lead we should act on or not."
Jeffry said and sigh, there where few things that where not complicated it seamed.

"I don't think it would hurt to try. If I find a moment, should I ask her about this matter then?"

"Yes...do ask Deaconess O'Connor about this if you get the chance to do so, if not then I will see if I get the time for it."

Later:

"I think it can help..."

Beatrice gave a tired smile and nodded.

"Perhaps we can help him remember the acorn...for now, though rest will help you get strong again."

"That...would be nice..."
Beatrice muttered.
"I...will try to get some sleep..."

After Beatrice had slept in your arms for perhaps five or ten minutes the door to the Node room opened and Amadeus came inside, he noticed his sleeping apprentice and gave you a thankful smile though he did not say anything so he would not disturb her, he only held out his arms so he could take over tending to her, hopefully without waking her up.

Colin:

Colin frowned, "That would sound odd, but perhaps not impossible..."

"Not all Paradigms have this element, however belief against belief very often mean that what you do not believe in, still might take effect on you, unless your belief is allot stronger. Even if you do not believe in unicorns do not mean you can not get a horn up your butt to put it like that."
Amadeus said.

He nodded, "I agree, but beyond asking the Deacon Council nicely, there's little I can do..."

"I know, I know and as a member of that Council I am doing what I can but some of the others are concerned that if she have gotten herself to our reality and caused trouble once she can do it again, and I can not brush those concerns aside."

He shrugged, "To be honest? Probably not much right away. But it's possible he knows someone who is familiar with it; he would be more likely to know where to inquire about it."

"Well it is a place to start at least, which is better than nothing Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and nodded.
"You should probably call this werewolf as soon as you get the chance then."

He smiled, "A figure of speech, Master Nassa, a figure of speech. Crazy ideas don't necessarily usually fail, but they rarely have the exact result one might have hoped for. Sometimes positive, sometimes negative, but rarely without effect...

"Crazy ideas get you shot by the Men in Black...creative ideas, now those might just work and might get you a unpredictable result, but crazy ideas land you with Primium bullets in your body and me with allot of work patching you back up."
Amadeus grumbled.

As you say, it bears looking into, if nothing else then as a possibility to eliminate as not applicable to Avatars."

"I do not have much faith in this ritual Mr Karyak suggested but yes not looking into it would be foolish, even if there is only the smallest of chance that it might work it is worth checking out."

He nodded, "All the more tragic is why he went into the Caul... He was given a deal; if he went in, he'd be allowed to kill his Mentor, to release him from the tortures the Nephandi had been putting him through... That's a hell of a thing to lay on a kid, not even a teenager...

"That is just...yes there is little else to call it but tragic, and it go to show what methods the Nephandi will use."
Amadeus said sounding angry.
"And the horrible thing is that we can not help this kid, all that will happen if we get him back is...well you know..."
He added and looked down.

Still, the fact that he did so as an act of mercy seems to have had some impact on his, hm, rate of corruption. As for his protection, it's true that he doesn't have the Nephandi to hide behind, but he has acquired some... other allies. It might be enough to keep him safe for a little longer, it might not..."

"Hum well if he ran away from the Fallen he can not be completely corrupted. It is...terrible, part of me hope he is found so...a new widderslainte is not eventually born but another part of me hope that child manage to eke out some life for himself, that he manage to escape."
The old Verbena admitted.
"Let us just hope some way to cleanse Fallen Avatars are one day found."

He smiled wryly, "The visions imply some degree of success with Avatar cleansing... not saying it outright that there's any complete success, but at least some progress. But in any case, I suspect the boy's life might be a little better, actually - there are other factions than those of Mages, after all; he's been given shelter by a faction of vampires, that... should be less torture-happy than the Fallen, at least. And less directly abusive."

"Vampires you say...well they are inviting trouble by taking in a renegade Nephandus, but I wish him the best non the less. Some Chantries have taken in other Awakened in trouble with their own kind so...why not, however especially the Nephandi will shy away from no means to punish young Mr Silverberg and they might attack these vampires you say he is with as well."
The old healer warned.
"I hope the Massassa know what they are doing."

He smiled thinly, "It's a functional perspective. Blessed are the cheesemakers, and so on."

Cita nodded and gave you a smile.
"It is at that Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "That's that sorted out, then - I'll send you a text once everything's in order."

"Very well, I will be with my patients in the meantime...at yes that reminds me Mr Wainwright, the elderly gentleman I am treating expressed a wish to thank you for stopping his student from making a mistake she could not recover from at the Umbral Docks."
Cita said as she closed her computer up and prepared to leave the small stone room.

"Quite - I should see you once Chicago is tidied up, then."

"Good, and take care of yourself young man."
Amadeus said and he gave you a smile before he left.

He sighed and typed out a quick message to Joakim, "Slight delay this end - someone did something stupid, I had to mop it up. Explain later; shouldn't be much longer. Things complicated."

You get a reply back from Joakim.
"Someone always do something stupid, thank you for the message, I will see you later then Mr W.

(OOC: Are you sure? You could be a zombie. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:02 pm

"Not all Paradigms have this element, however belief against belief very often mean that what you do not believe in, still might take effect on you, unless your belief is allot stronger. Even if you do not believe in unicorns do not mean you can not get a horn up your butt to put it like that."
Colin grimaced, "Good thing unicorn horns are supposed to have healing properties... You know, I think I will pass that simile on."

"I know, I know and as a member of that Council I am doing what I can but some of the others are concerned that if she have gotten herself to our reality and caused trouble once she can do it again, and I can not brush those concerns aside."
"Nor should you - those are highly valid concerns. However, consider this: She lives in the tenth century, where a person's spoken word was perhaps a far stronger bond than it is today. She might be persuaded to swear an oath of nonaggression; the remaining question then would simply be how far you'd be willing to trust her to keep her word."

"You should probably call this werewolf as soon as you get the chance then."
He nodded, "I had hoped to do it during, you know, business hours, but needs must be..."

"Crazy ideas get you shot by the Men in Black...creative ideas, now those might just work and might get you a unpredictable result, but crazy ideas land you with Primium bullets in your body and me with allot of work patching you back up."
He grinned wryly, "Now that would depend entirely on where those crazy ideas were attempted... I should think Horizon would be a place where I'd have distinctly different things to worry about than the Union. Primium weaponry might still be relevant, though..."

"Let us just hope some way to cleanse Fallen Avatars are one day found."
He nodded, "We have a lot of work ahead..."

"Vampires you say...well they are inviting trouble by taking in a renegade Nephandus, but I wish him the best non the less. Some Chantries have taken in other Awakened in trouble with their own kind so...why not, however especially the Nephandi will shy away from no means to punish young Mr Silverberg and they might attack these vampires you say he is with as well."
He grinned darkly, "In fairness, mr. Silverberg's chances are better than one might normally expect; we've already greatly diminished the Labyrinth, and we mean to go in and finish it once and for all... With the Labyrinth gone, there'd be a lot less Nephandi who'd know about him."

"Very well, I will be with my patients in the meantime...at yes that reminds me Mr Wainwright, the elderly gentleman I am treating expressed a wish to thank you for stopping his student from making a mistake she could not recover from at the Umbral Docks."
He nodded, "Ah, miss Birmar's Mentor, then... How is he? She did say she'd received his Branding in the mail... is he quite alright?"

"Someone always do something stupid, thank you for the message, I will see you later then Mr W.
Colin sighed and started making his way up to George's apartment.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 pm

Colin grimaced, "Good thing unicorn horns are supposed to have healing properties... You know, I think I will pass that simile on."

"Yeah about that not all unicorns are friendly, especially the ones that live on Horizon, but yes you do get my point I trust."
The old healer said and grinned.

"Nor should you - those are highly valid concerns. However, consider this: She lives in the tenth century, where a person's spoken word was perhaps a far stronger bond than it is today. She might be persuaded to swear an oath of nonaggression; the remaining question then would simply be how far you'd be willing to trust her to keep her word."

"Gloria is ambitious, that is what got her into trouble originally but if she give her word, I do think she will hold it, however I do not know how much her permanent Quiet can have changed her. It might be possible to work a rote on her making it impossible for her to return to our reality, that would solve the problem with how dangerous she is and at the same time make sure we do not have to kill her."
Amadeus said and looked thoughtful.
"That is one option at least and one the Deacon Council might agree to, at least if Gloria agree to help us."

He nodded, "I had hoped to do it during, you know, business hours, but needs must be..."

"Yes...calling in the middle of the night might be seen as rude...and it is doubtful that we will be able to do something about this before we deal with that Labyrinth anyway."

He grinned wryly, "Now that would depend entirely on where those crazy ideas were attempted... I should think Horizon would be a place where I'd have distinctly different things to worry about than the Union. Primium weaponry might still be relevant, though..."

"Well yes there are not that many Men in Black on Horizon other than perhaps in the holding cells, but crazy ideas there get you shot by the Security Council, eaten by dragons or chastised by Master Porthos' pet Earth elemental...take your pick."

He nodded, "We have a lot of work ahead..."

"We do at that."
The old mage agreed.
"And impossible work at that."

He grinned darkly, "In fairness, mr. Silverberg's chances are better than one might normally expect; we've already greatly diminished the Labyrinth, and we mean to go in and finish it once and for all... With the Labyrinth gone, there'd be a lot less Nephandi who'd know about him."

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright, for better or for worse perhaps the kid have a chance to live to see another year then, and maybe, just maybe he might survive until we find a way to help him, and get policy changed so helping him will be legal...though it is not likely."
Amadeus muttered.
"Ah he was such a sweet child, polite and joyful...I do hope he can find some peace."

He nodded, "Ah, miss Birmar's Mentor, then... How is he? She did say she'd received his Branding in the mail... is he quite alright?"

"Yes Miss Birmar's Mentor...well no he is not quite alright, but he will be. I can not discuss my patients but I will say that his magickal abilities are not in danger, but his Avatar will require rest, and I have sent Dr Lee up to take care of hus physical injuries."
Cita said and nodded.
"I will go and check on him once I have seen to Tobias."

Colin sighed and started making his way up to George's apartment.

You reach the old archmage's apartment and the door is opened before you can knock.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, you are late."
The ancient mage said and gave you a smile.
"Come in, come in."
He said and you could smell something freshly baked from inside of his small apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 pm

"Yeah about that not all unicorns are friendly, especially the ones that live on Horizon, but yes you do get my point I trust."
Colin grinned wryly, "I've read a bit of the folklore; I'm afraid it's quite some time since I was eligible for unicorn taming."

"Gloria is ambitious, that is what got her into trouble originally but if she give her word, I do think she will hold it, however I do not know how much her permanent Quiet can have changed her. It might be possible to work a rote on her making it impossible for her to return to our reality, that would solve the problem with how dangerous she is and at the same time make sure we do not have to kill her."
"Hm, are you referring to a Geas, then? That could work, I suppose."

"Yes...calling in the middle of the night might be seen as rude...and it is doubtful that we will be able to do something about this before we deal with that Labyrinth anyway."
"Precisely my concern. I don't know enough about the sleeping habits of werewolves to presume he might be up with the moon or otherwise, but I wouldn't want to take the chance."

"Well yes there are not that many Men in Black on Horizon other than perhaps in the holding cells, but crazy ideas there get you shot by the Security Council, eaten by dragons or chastised by Master Porthos' pet Earth elemental...take your pick."
He grinned, "Well, 'Eaten by dragon' would look pretty impressive in the obituary, I expect, but I'd rather stay alive, if it's all the same to you."

"Ah he was such a sweet child, polite and joyful...I do hope he can find some peace."
Colin smiled, "He might have lost some of that joy, but he's still rather a sweet kid, and polite. His first concerns were not even for himself, but for his daughter and... another child."

"Yes Miss Birmar's Mentor...well no he is not quite alright, but he will be. I can not discuss my patients but I will say that his magickal abilities are not in danger, but his Avatar will require rest, and I have sent Dr Lee up to take care of hus physical injuries."
Cita said and nodded.
"I will go and check on him once I have seen to Tobias."
He nodded, "I would not want to impose on patient-doctor confidentiality, by any means, but I'm glad to hear he's recuperating. I might find the time to swing by and see if he's awake later."

"Ah Mr Wainwright, you are late."
Colin smiled, "I believe I am, yes, but did you mean in terms of the lateness of the hour, or that you expected me to arrive sooner?"
He followed George into the apartment and sniffed at the air, "Buttered scones, Sir? Do you ever find the time to sleep, or do you have to make it as you go?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:18 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "I've read a bit of the folklore; I'm afraid it's quite some time since I was eligible for unicorn taming."

"Well yes there is that, but the unicorns on Horizon are just...nasty creatures they will attack you just as soon as looking at you, my advice is to stay far away from them."

"Hm, are you referring to a Geas, then? That could work, I suppose."

"Well I was thinking about an enchantment to simply make it all but impossible for her to cross the Gauntlet, but a Geas will work as well."
Amadeus said and nodded.

"Precisely my concern. I don't know enough about the sleeping habits of werewolves to presume he might be up with the moon or otherwise, but I wouldn't want to take the chance."

"The werewolves I know...not that many but there are a pack in the same marches where my Coven have our Life Tree, sleep during the night and are up during the night and hunt at dusk however you could have a night owl on your hands but most of them are more human than animal and sleep as normal human beings do, it is probably best not to make him irritated."
The old Verbena commented.

He grinned, "Well, 'Eaten by dragon' would look pretty impressive in the obituary, I expect, but I'd rather stay alive, if it's all the same to you."

"Well I guess there are worse ways to go down, but let us try to avoid it, we would not want to give the poor beast indigestion now do we."
The healer joked.

Colin smiled, "He might have lost some of that joy, but he's still rather a sweet kid, and polite. His first concerns were not even for himself, but for his daughter and... another child."

"Hum...poor boy it seams the Caul have not been able to erase all that he was, in a way though I think those are the ones that have it the worst, those that...keep enough of who they was to understand that what they are now are wrong."

He nodded, "I would not want to impose on patient-doctor confidentiality, by any means, but I'm glad to hear he's recuperating. I might find the time to swing by and see if he's awake later."

"I think he would appreciate that Mr Wainwright we put him in the attic room next to the one Mr and Mrs Danbrock is in."
Cita said and smiled.

Colin smiled, "I believe I am, yes, but did you mean in terms of the lateness of the hour, or that you expected me to arrive sooner?"

"I expected you a few minutes earlier Mr Wainwright, the tea water is getting cold."
The old Hermetic said and showed you the way into his apartment he was wearing a gray dressing robe and his nearly white hair hung free around his shoulders.
"I already had a guest not long ago, but I put on the tea and scones when I knew I would get another...ah please sit."
He said and indicated a chair.

[quoteHe followed George into the apartment and sniffed at the air, "Buttered scones, Sir? Do you ever find the time to sleep, or do you have to make it as you go?"][/quote]

"I find time for what I need to find time for Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said and he went to his kitchenette to fetch the tray of scones putting a hand to the small of his back in dismay, he might still look young when looking straight at him but he was starting to feel the aches and pains of age.
"I am afraid they are the half made ones you buy at the store, I got a bag for convenience when I have guests, but they are not to bad...but off course not the same as home made ones made from scratch."
The old Hermetic said and put several of the scones on a plate and came over to the table, there was already teacups, a pot of warm water and several years with blends spread out over the old oak table.
"Here young man, I got a feeling you could need a bite to eat."
The kindly old magus said as he put the plate on the table and then sat down in his chair with a groan.
"My bones are old..."
He muttered more or less to himself.
"So what can I do for you young Orphan?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:06 pm

"Hum...yes I do wonder how they found the man in the first place and you are right us looking for him might end up leading them to him...for now try to find out more about this creature and we can decide later if this is a lead we should act on or not."

"Well, there's Carmon. That's the connection I know right now, so I shall see if I may find out more. But he was in a terrible state. I asked about things of course, but he had been tortured and had his fangs removed. He needed rest. But as time may be of the essence, I will see if he is able to talk."

"Yes...do ask Deaconess O'Connor about this if you get the chance to do so, if not then I will see if I get the time for it."

"Yes, sir."

Later:

After Beatrice had slept in your arms for perhaps five or ten minutes the door to the Node room opened and Amadeus came inside, he noticed his sleeping apprentice and gave you a thankful smile though he did not say anything so he would not disturb her, he only held out his arms so he could take over tending to her, hopefully without waking her up.

Adley looked up as Amadeus came though the door and gave him a nod, though he looked reluctant to move Beatrice and protective of her to boot. Gently, he moved his arms out towards him though to place her into her mentor's arms. He didn't want to wake her either.

// lol well I did sleep like the dead

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Earlier:

"Well, there's Carmon. That's the connection I know right now, so I shall see if I may find out more. But he was in a terrible state. I asked about things of course, but he had been tortured and had his fangs removed. He needed rest. But as time may be of the essence, I will see if he is able to talk."

"I see, well I do not relish burdening the man further, I might not like vampires but that do not mean I want them to suffer."
Your Mentor said as he made a bridge of his fingers.
"But as you said time is of the essence we might have to disturb him to ask more about this strange, black eyed vampire."

"Yes, sir."

Jeffry nodded.
"Well then mea filius I will not keep you any longer, we both have things to attend to."
He said.

Later:

Adley looked up as Amadeus came though the door and gave him a nod, though he looked reluctant to move Beatrice and protective of her to boot. Gently, he moved his arms out towards him though to place her into her mentor's arms. He didn't want to wake her either.

Amadeus gave a little smile when he noticed the protective look in your eyes. Beatrice whimpered a little when she was moved but she settled back down again in her Mentor's arms as he gently rocked her trying to get her to go back to sleep.
"Thank you."
The old Verbena mounted, not wanting to say something out loud as to not wake his student as he with some difficulty reached for one of the blankets to cover her with so she would not get cold.

(OOC: Well vampires do that...so perhaps not a zombie but...that do not mean living either. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Jeffry nodded. "Well then mea filius I will not keep you any longer, we both have things to attend to." He said.

"Yes, pater," he said and gave him a bow. Then he turned about to leave and asked, "I assume the business you needed me here for has been concluded then?" waiting for the answer before hurrying downstairs.

Later:

Amadeus gave a little smile when he noticed the protective look in your eyes. Beatrice whimpered a little when she was moved but she settled back down again in her Mentor's arms as he gently rocked her trying to get her to go back to sleep.
"Thank you.

He gave the Verbena a nod and stood up, looking at them a moment and then turned to leave the room. He gave Jon a passing nod as well before ducking into the smaller ritual room to see if anyone was still there. He spent a moment cleaning up anything he'd left behind and then headed back -upstairs- toward the north area where he'd been told the gafflings had collected, keeping an eye out for them as he went.

// lol well I was already have an aversion to sunlight -before- xD I'm assuming by the time Adley gets to the other small ritual room everyone else has left already.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:25 pm

"Well yes there is that, but the unicorns on Horizon are just...nasty creatures they will attack you just as soon as looking at you, my advice is to stay far away from them."
Colin nodded, "Docile unicorns are only really something that's appeared in Fantasy over the past thirty or so years, anyway - I'll be wary."

"Well I was thinking about an enchantment to simply make it all but impossible for her to cross the Gauntlet, but a Geas will work as well."
He pondered for a moment, "I suppose if that were the case, we might be able to arrange for some means by which she could contact us, in case the Fallen were to try their little abduction scheme again or something... the equivalent of a dedicated telephone line, if you will."

"The werewolves I know...not that many but there are a pack in the same marches where my Coven have our Life Tree, sleep during the night and are up during the night and hunt at dusk however you could have a night owl on your hands but most of them are more human than animal and sleep as normal human beings do, it is probably best not to make him irritated."
He nodded, "I'll contact him over lunch, then."

"Well I guess there are worse ways to go down, but let us try to avoid it, we would not want to give the poor beast indigestion now do we."
"Quite; I expect I would do everything in my power to disagree with the fellow's digestion - and I think I could pull off quite a few... peculiar disagreements."

"Hum...poor boy it seams the Caul have not been able to erase all that he was, in a way though I think those are the ones that have it the worst, those that...keep enough of who they was to understand that what they are now are wrong."
He nodded, "It seems to me the Caul might invert the Avatar, but it doesn't necessarily seem to change the personality of the Mage in question... that takes a lot more deliberate, er, conditioning, it seems."

"I think he would appreciate that Mr Wainwright we put him in the attic room next to the one Mr and Mrs Danbrock is in."
He smiled, "I think I should be able to find that in the morning. Wouldn't want to interrupt his sleep needlessly."

"I expected you a few minutes earlier Mr Wainwright, the tea water is getting cold."
The old Hermetic said and showed you the way into his apartment he was wearing a gray dressing robe and his nearly white hair hung free around his shoulders.
"I already had a guest not long ago, but I put on the tea and scones when I knew I would get another...ah please sit."
Colin moved toward the indicated chair, eyebrow arched, "Your prediction was off by minutes? That's... rather extraordinary, isn't it? I've never known you to miss the timing before?"

"So what can I do for you young Orphan?"
He smiled and picked up a scone, "The half-baked ones are quite acceptable; I suppose I feel a sort of kinship with them on occasion..."
He turned serious as he prepared a cup of tea, "But there's little time for jest. I've... learned something important; whose Avatar it is I hold... and that's important enough for you to be informed of even at this hour... It seems that my last incarnation was... gilgulled in 1470, in a rather famous incident from which the Traditions perhaps still haven't recovered fully... I was Mia de Napoli, the better half of Heylel Teomim..."

((OOC: Actually, it's not entirely implausible Adley spots Colin's back heading for the stairs...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Adley:

Earlier:

"Yes, pater," he said and gave him a bow. Then he turned about to leave and asked, "I assume the business you needed me here for has been concluded then?" waiting for the answer before hurrying downstairs.

"Yes...eventually we are going to have to cut the arcane connection between Beatrice and the rescued Guernicus, I do not trust one of the Security Council to have such a link to a member of this Chantry however now that we have the Enforcer in question in safety away from the Nephandi that is not an immediate concern, the most pressing matter was to make sure the Nephandi could not use that connection to infiltrate Steelhaven and to try to find the hostages...so yes cutting that connection can wait until the current crisis is over."
Jeffry said and nodded.

Later:

He gave the Verbena a nod and stood up, looking at them a moment and then turned to leave the room. He gave Jon a passing nod as well before ducking into the smaller ritual room to see if anyone was still there.

No one was left in the small ritual room as you made your way there and the protections around the small chamber is fading, you do however she the back of Colin heading for the cellar stairs further down the corridor though.

He spent a moment cleaning up anything he'd left behind and then headed back -upstairs- toward the north area where he'd been told the gafflings had collected, keeping an eye out for them as he went.

If you peer into the spiritual realms then you will be able to see the little spider gafflings that was crawling up and down the outside walls of the apartment building if you lean a little out of a window to look for them.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Docile unicorns are only really something that's appeared in Fantasy over the past thirty or so years, anyway - I'll be wary."

Amadeus gave a bit of a grin at that.
"Good you do that."

He pondered for a moment, "I suppose if that were the case, we might be able to arrange for some means by which she could contact us, in case the Fallen were to try their little abduction scheme again or something... the equivalent of a dedicated telephone line, if you will."

"The more complicated you make a rote Mr Wainwright the more costly it gets, we do not want a Marauder to contact us, if we restrain her from re entering physical reality that is something done instead of killing her, she will be on her own after that, I doubt the Nephandi will go for the same target twice in any regards, and especially one that can no longer cross the Gauntlet."
Amadeus said sternly.

He nodded, "I'll contact him over lunch, then."

"That sounds like a good idea."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

"Quite; I expect I would do everything in my power to disagree with the fellow's digestion - and I think I could pull off quite a few... peculiar disagreements."

"Oh I imagine you could do that indeed, so it is probably best for both you and the dragon if you stay of the menu young man."
Amadeus said sounding amused.

He nodded, "It seems to me the Caul might invert the Avatar, but it doesn't necessarily seem to change the personality of the Mage in question... that takes a lot more deliberate, er, conditioning, it seems."

"Well those thousand years of suffering inside of the Caul might take their toll though very few avoid becoming monsters when they Fall, but I guess some are spared that, or are strong enough to retain some of what they once where."
The old mage said and frowned.

He smiled, "I think I should be able to find that in the morning. Wouldn't want to interrupt his sleep needlessly."

"That is probably wise, I do not know if he is sleeping yet, but the old Etherite do need his rest."
Cita said and nodded.

Colin moved toward the indicated chair, eyebrow arched, "Your prediction was off by minutes? That's... rather extraordinary, isn't it? I've never known you to miss the timing before?"

"No...and I do not like it, I usually know exactly when someone will arrive, that something are throwing my predictions off are unnerving...then again perhaps I am just getting old."
George said as he moved towards his kitchenette shaking his head a little at his own mis calculation.

He smiled and picked up a scone, "The half-baked ones are quite acceptable; I suppose I feel a sort of kinship with them on occasion..."

The old Hermetic gave a bit of a smile at that as he picket up a scone himself and put it on his plate and begun to brew his own tea.

He turned serious as he prepared a cup of tea, "But there's little time for jest. I've... learned something important; whose Avatar it is I hold... and that's important enough for you to be informed of even at this hour... It seems that my last incarnation was... gilgulled in 1470, in a rather famous incident from which the Traditions perhaps still haven't recovered fully... I was Mia de Napoli, the better half of Heylel Teomim..."

George took a bite out of his scone and nodded he did not seam to surprised.
"I see, I suspected that some pieces might have been left from that Gilgul large enough to...survive...and you are sure about this Mr Wainwright, about who you where in a past life?"
He asked then he looked concerned.
"How many others know about this?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:13 pm

"Yes...eventually we are going to have to cut the arcane connection between Beatrice and the rescued Guernicus, I do not trust one of the Security Council to have such a link to a member of this Chantry however now that we have the Enforcer in question in safety away from the Nephandi that is not an immediate concern, the most pressing matter was to make sure the Nephandi could not use that connection to infiltrate Steelhaven and to try to find the hostages...so yes cutting that connection can wait until the current crisis is over."

"Very well then, let me know if situation changes your mind while I'm here."

Later:

No one was left in the small ritual room as you made your way there and the protections around the small chamber is fading, you do however she the back of Colin heading for the cellar stairs further down the corridor though.

"Colin?" he asked, spotting him down the hall and hurrying up towards him. "Let me know when the rest of your business is concluded, if you would?"

// re: ((OOC: Actually, it's not entirely implausible Adley spots Colin's back heading for the stairs...)) - makes sense

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next