Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 12 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven 5 in th afternoon.)

"Some things are a matter of security and the whole tale would take a long time, but yes, he saved lives."

The Danbrocks looked at one another and smiled.
"I am so glad to hear that, you could not imagine, with our son's dark impulses...we knew he could do good but to see him actually do it, that is wonderful."
Mr Danbrock said, the large man sounded moved by what you had told him and he had to fight to keep his emotions under control, you could see he was proud though.

He added the answers into his writing. 'We think they are good. As far as I understand, it would be at Horizon since he is now a member of the Traditions but the details you can speak about with our mentor when things have settled down.'

"His chances are good to be allowed to keep his magick and be allowed to live?"
Mr Danbrock asked.
"What if things do not go well, will he just be...destroyed and disposed of alone on a faraway realm in the spirit world and taken out like so much trash?"
The hedge wizard asked and his wife looked sad and concerned.

A few bright spots appeared on his cheeks as the pair of them talked between themselves, not necessarily from embarrassement but from the flash of emotions that hit him. He looked warily between them, still expecting something more since it was not as if they had many reasons to trust him, but then nodded at her. "Good, I'm glad that's settled. I'm here to resolve any...misunderstandings. I'm not trying to make more of them."

"I am glad we could settle that then Mr Roth Hicks."
The true believer said diplomatically but she still gave you an uneasy look.

"I don't know exactly how things will work out, my mentor and you both will have to sit down and figure things out together. He's busy in the aftermath and sent me up to tell you what was going on.

"I appriciate this Mr Roth Hicks that you take the time to inform us about what is going on, and we will be glad to sit down with your teacher."
Mr Danbrock said.

There will be things that Kyle will not be able to speak of as he grows up and learns our Tradition, but this is not different than between us and others in other Traditions, though we share much there are some things that are private knowledge or for security reasons.

"This is understandable there are things I to are not able to share with my son and my wife about the Order I am in."
Mr Danbrock said.
"It is completely acceptable yours have the same rules."

My mentor is a good man; I was his apprentice and he takes a progressive view of learning and discipline. Everything is intended to teach, not just to punish for misbehavior. He doesn't use rulers on knuckles if that's what you're asking, and he's never whipped me or laid a hand on me. His lessons are always constructive and meant to learn from mistakes. He is a fair man. But that doesn't mean it will be easy, mind."

"Whatever or not your Mentor use physical dicepline is not a concern. I have done so with Ray...ehm Kyle since I learned what he was, quite severely to scare him away from acting on his darker urges...it was not something I enjoyed but it was neccesary."
Mr Danbrock said darkly and his wife looked away.
"Your teacher do sound like a good man though I am glad, perhaps he can control Ray em Kyle in gentler ways than me, I only had physical pain and blocking his magick from him as a punishment as ways of controlling him, teaching him..."
The large man said regretfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 12 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Suspect? More like "dead cert".' Nicole replied, giving an annoyed grunt. 'Planned obsolescence, deliberately shortened lifespans and inability to repair easily - keeps the sheep buying replacements and the economy chugging along on the wave of debt. Even cars are becoming harder to repair... No.' she said, on seeing Thorn start to take down a window, counter-acting this by pressing her master control buttons to stop him.

'Keep it. I have a plan.' rooting around in the footwell, finding a pack of gum and shoving a couple of strips in her mouth.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 in the afternoon.)

'Suspect? More like "dead cert".' Nicole replied, giving an annoyed grunt. 'Planned obsolescence, deliberately shortened lifespans and inability to repair easily - keeps the sheep buying replacements and the economy chugging along on the wave of debt. Even cars are becoming harder to repair... No.' she said, on seeing Thorn start to take down a window, counter-acting this by pressing her master control buttons to stop him.

"I do not deny that there is an economic interest in keeping consumer electronics...well consumable and hard to repair so that the masses have to buy new products at an alarming rate."
Jamed said then he jumped when you called out to Thorn who stopped what he was doing and gave you a suprised look.

'Keep it. I have a plan.' rooting around in the footwell, finding a pack of gum and shoving a couple of strips in her mouth.

"Hum...ok very well."
The Verbena said and he stopped his motion to toss the tracker out the window.
"What do you want me to do with it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:04 pm

'Hold it for a sec.' Nicole replied, mouth full of gum, chewing frantically. Started looking around for a bus or perhaps truck, which she could pull up next to. After a moment of this, took out the gum, stuck it on a finger and shoved it towards Thorn. 'Put it in this.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:13 pm

"Ok I can hold it but I have to start on healing him as well."
Thorn said he wanited and then hesitently put the tiny tracker into the gum. You saw a large truck some Ikea heading out of town that you could get close to.
"What is happening?"
James wanted to know.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:37 pm

"Yeah...that is true it is not the same as in the outside world it is not the same as when it is real. But if I leave here then the horrible things will have happened, and I do not want them to have happened, I do not want to think about them and remember them and I do not want them to have happened for they are so terrible that if they have happened they would destroy me!"
Bernard said and he put his fork down, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Horrible things don't happen on a day-to-day basis. And sometimes we have to brave those fears and anxieties if we want to truly live in this world. Confining yourself in this room cowering in terror on the outside world is no way to live. You'll lose out on all of the things that make life worth living. Your friends, your family, television, the internet...." Serge said softly.

"Yes my mom have to be wondering where I am and she is probably very worried and I do want to see her again but...I am scared to go outside...horrible things happens outside, in here it is safe."
The wounded man muttered and looked down.

"Horrible things may happen....or incredibly good things may happen. This is a big world full of chaotic uncertainty. We can't truly predict what's going to happen in this world. Only shape it to fit our desire and hope it works out." Serge said taking another bite of his mental spaghetti.

"When you go outside there is an equal chance that something bad or something good will happen. But isn't seeing your mother and reassuring her your alright worth the risk? You can always come back here if you think you can't do it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Anja's Post:

'Fucking with Mirrorshade heads, we are.' Nicole said, the amusement clear. Rolled down the window, drove towards the truck. Plan was simple; to stick the gum [and tracer] onto the side of the truck. If lucky, they'd follow that for a bit...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm

"I see, well I am all for giving them a bit of a runnaround."
Thorn said and grinned.
It was not the easiest task to get the gum stuck to the side of the trailer, not while driving at the same time but somehow you did manage and the trailer went on it's marry way, with the tracker attatched to it's side.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 5 in the afternoon.)

"Horrible things don't happen on a day-to-day basis. And sometimes we have to brave those fears and anxieties if we want to truly live in this world. Confining yourself in this room cowering in terror on the outside world is no way to live. You'll lose out on all of the things that make life worth living. Your friends, your family, television, the internet...." Serge said softly.

"I am...not sure if I want to live on the outside world...or at all."
Bernard said and sigh and he shook his head.
"You do not know what the bad woman did to me, I am not sure if I can live with the memories of that and the shame of it."
He whispered and looked away.

"Horrible things may happen....or incredibly good things may happen. This is a big world full of chaotic uncertainty. We can't truly predict what's going to happen in this world. Only shape it to fit our desire and hope it works out." Serge said taking another bite of his mental spaghetti.

"That is why I am staying in here, I do not want to risk it, risk being hurt again, in here I am safe, I am not coming out."
Bernard said and shook his head, he was to afraid of something hurting him again to take the chance to leave the safety of his own mind.

"When you go outside there is an equal chance that something bad or something good will happen. But isn't seeing your mother and reassuring her your alright worth the risk? You can always come back here if you think you can't do it."

"Nothing is worth the risk and I am not allright."
The wounded man said darkly.
"I am not getting hurt again I am staying here forever!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Anja's Post:

'Hope it's making a delivery all the way up Cabot Cove country [Maine]' Nicole quipped with a laugh, giving a little wince from stretching out her arm to it's limit. 'Now to get out of here.' taking the next turn away from the truck, to continue heading out of the city.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 in the afternoon.)

"Well that would end up being some rather tired agents at the end of the day if they have to drive all the way to Maine and then it turns out they have been chasing a shipment of cheap bookselves."
James said and he gave a slight smile.
"I remember one time we where out chasing a Deviant only the Virtual Adept we where after had found the tracker we had placed on him and put it on a pigeon...that was a ehm...fun day."
He said wryly.

Thorn nodded.
"Should we perhaps find another train station, just in case that tracker had some way to transmit what we where talking about?"
The Verbena suggjested.
"Or do you think it is safe to go where we had decided?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 am

'Which was why hoping for a bus, I was. More believable.' she replied with a smile. 'They then can have a chuckle that this car is an Esdel Corvair in a museum and my house is a large trash-hole.'

'Yeah... change of plan. Find me the nearest out of city Greyhound station which has a route to Providence. No offence, but ain't gonna drive you all the way there.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:31 am

"I am...not sure if I want to live on the outside world...or at all."
Bernard said and sigh and he shook his head.
"You do not know what the bad woman did to me, I am not sure if I can live with the memories of that and the shame of it."
He whispered and looked away.

"I....yeah your right. I don't know what sorts of things you've been through." Serge said, lying somewhat. He had seen the memories of the horrors that Bernard had to go through. The torture, from both the evil women and Jace. However he didn't feel like it was wise to reveal that he had such intimate information about him.

"Those memories you have. I might be able to do something about them. Suppress them and lock them away in a dark corner of your mind where you'll never see them again. Where they'll never bother you again. That is if you let me." the young cultist offered.

"That is why I am staying in here, I do not want to risk it, risk being hurt again, in here I am safe, I am not coming out."
Bernard said and shook his head, he was to afraid of something hurting him again to take the chance to leave the safety of his own mind.
"Nothing is worth the risk and I am not allright."
The wounded man said darkly.
"I am not getting hurt again I am staying here forever!"

"Well like I said, I'm not going to force you. It's entirely up to you. " Serge said, remembering Allison's words on how it might've been wiser to leave the man in his own head whilst he was being healed.

"Forever is a long time though. Mental spaghetti is delicious but it won't nourish your body on the outside. We can only sustain your body for so long. You will have to eat or drink something eventually."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:29 am

"His chances are good to be allowed to keep his magick and be allowed to live?" Mr Danbrock asked. "What if things do not go well, will he just be...destroyed and disposed of alone on a faraway realm in the spirit world and taken out like so much trash?" The hedge wizard asked and his wife looked sad and concerned.

"We do believe his chances are good, they're certainly better than before. As for...what might happen if things don't go well," Adley began with a frown, "what I have heard happens is those given the rite are given an option whether or not to...live afterward. If they chose not to, they are killed as quickly as possible so as to prevent needless suffering. There may not be much left as far as remains go, but if there are any, I would rather they be allowed to come back for some type of service, if possible, but I am not sure exactly what happens for certain, sir. If he chose to stay alive...well, I would imagine we would care as best we could for him. This all can be discussed with my mentor, he would know better than I, however we're trying to maximize his chances of things going as well as they can go, and to keep him in good spirits since it may take some time for everything to be determined."

"I appriciate this Mr Roth Hicks that you take the time to inform us about what is going on, and we will be glad to sit down with your teacher."
Mr Danbrock said.

"Good, we want this to work out and we know it's been nerve wracking for you all and you're anxious. We had to deal with the Nephandi activity though and there wasn't much choice in that being priority number one, since we needed a Monday and everything after."

"This is understandable there are things I to are not able to share with my son and my wife about the Order I am in." Mr Danbrock said. "It is completely acceptable yours have the same rules."

"Whatever or not your Mentor use physical dicepline is not a concern. I have done so with Ray...ehm Kyle since I learned what he was, quite severely to scare him away from acting on his darker urges...it was not something I enjoyed but it was neccesary." Mr Danbrock said darkly and his wife looked away.
"Your teacher do sound like a good man though I am glad, perhaps he can control Ray em Kyle in gentler ways than me, I only had physical pain and blocking his magick from him as a punishment as ways of controlling him, teaching him..."

'Hm, I'm sure my mentor would like to know how things have been going and what has worked, though I hope we'll be able to find a better way to deal with it, together. Very well, are there any more questions at this time? Are we clear between us what's going on, at least for the most part?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:18 am

"We do believe his chances are good, they're certainly better than before. As for...what might happen if things don't go well," Adley began with a frown, "what I have heard happens is those given the rite are given an option whether or not to...live afterward. If they chose not to, they are killed as quickly as possible so as to prevent needless suffering. There may not be much left as far as remains go, but if there are any, I would rather they be allowed to come back for some type of service, if possible, but I am not sure exactly what happens for certain, sir. If he chose to stay alive...well, I would imagine we would care as best we could for him. This all can be discussed with my mentor, he would know better than I, however we're trying to maximize his chances of things going as well as they can go, and to keep him in good spirits since it may take some time for everything to be determined."

"Will you make sure someone stays with him, if it go wrong so he will not have to face it all alone?"
Mrs Danbrock asked her husband sigh.
"Poor boy he must be absolutely terrified."
He said then he loked at you.
"Can you answer me honestly though Mr Roth Hicks, do my son have enough of a chance that he should not be adviced to try to end it as soon as he get the chance?"
The hedge wizard's voice was hard as he regarded you.

"Good, we want this to work out and we know it's been nerve wracking for you all and you're anxious. We had to deal with the Nephandi activity though and there wasn't much choice in that being priority number one, since we needed a Monday and everything after."

Mrs Danbrock nodded at that and her husband said.
"It have been nerve wrecking yes but at least now we know a little more, but please may we see our son, I am sure he is concerned about us as well."

'Hm, I'm sure my mentor would like to know how things have been going and what has worked, though I hope we'll be able to find a better way to deal with it, together. Very well, are there any more questions at this time? Are we clear between us what's going on, at least for the most part?"

"I will inform your Mentor about how I have raised my son up until now and if he have a better way to deal with his dark impulses then I would welcome that, I did not like to hurt the boy."
Mr Danbrock said then he shock his head.
"No more questions Mr Roth Hicks other than when can we see our son?"

"I....yeah your right. I don't know what sorts of things you've been through." Serge said, lying somewhat. He had seen the memories of the horrors that Bernard had to go through. The torture, from both the evil women and Jace. However he didn't feel like it was wise to reveal that he had such intimate information about him.

"Those memories you have. I might be able to do something about them. Suppress them and lock them away in a dark corner of your mind where you'll never see them again. Where they'll never bother you again. That is if you let me." the young cultist offered.

"Would the memories be completely gone if you did that Serge? So I would not know what had happened me so it would be like it never happened?"
The wounded man asked softly.
"I do not want to remember what happened but I do not want such memories to just suddenly show up again either."
He said cautiously.

"Well like I said, I'm not going to force you. It's entirely up to you. " Serge said, remembering Allison's words on how it might've been wiser to leave the man in his own head whilst he was being healed.

"Forever is a long time though. Mental spaghetti is delicious but it won't nourish your body on the outside. We can only sustain your body for so long. You will have to eat or drink something eventually."

"Here I am safe I can pretend all of it..did not happen, what the needle man did is one thing, it hurt and it...was terrifying but it...was not as bad as what the bad woman did, again and again and again, that...that..."
Bernard started crying again and the kitchen grew dark around him, the meal before you looked rotten now and cracks could be seen appearing in the walls.

'Which was why hoping for a bus, I was. More believable.' she replied with a smile. 'They then can have a chuckle that this car is an Esdel Corvair in a museum and my house is a large trash-hole.'

"Hopefully they will not check what sort of car they are following."
The former Union Man said.
"Ah I see, that is clevar but irritating for those who might try to chase you down."
He said with a tiny smile.

'Yeah... change of plan. Find me the nearest out of city Greyhound station which has a route to Providence. No offence, but ain't gonna drive you all the way there.'

Thorn nodded and checked his phone.
"Let me see there is one right next to the Ikea located on the Northside of town."
The Verbena said. James nodded.
"I am just thankful you are helping me at all Miss."
He told you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:58 am

Anja's Post:

'But I want them to check. Even better, want them not to Google "my" address before sending a snatch team.'

Anja's Post:

'Is that outside of Boston? Think every station will be watched right now; if anything else for fleeing Fallen.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 am

'But I want them to check. Even better, want them not to Google "my" address before sending a snatch team.'

"Perhaps it is just as well that I do not dare to return to the Union, hunting you down might have ended up a rather anoying and dangerous endavor."
James said wryly and Thorn chuckled.

'Is that outside of Boston? Think every station will be watched right now; if anything else for fleeing Fallen.'

"It is right inside the city limits, then again what is the city and what is the suburbs are a rather gradient thing, it is hard to say where one ends and the other begin."
Thorn said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:14 pm

Anja's Post:

'Heh. Been avoiding them lot even before I knew there was a "them lot".' Nicole replied with a chuckle. 'Plus, not exactly stereo-typical Deviant, I'm not. So harder to predict.'

Anja's Post:

'If it can be reached by bus or cab, it's in Boston.' she said after a thoughtful pause. 'I'm just gonna high-tail it out of the city, going east or south. Once we get out of Boston, find me the nearest station where Shade can leave from.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 pm

'Heh. Been avoiding them lot even before I knew there was a "them lot".' Nicole replied with a chuckle. 'Plus, not exactly stereo-typical Deviant, I'm not. So harder to predict.'

"You are Sons of Eether are you not? My Mentor told me that used to be a part of the Union but they left right after the Order of Reson changed their name to the Technocratic Union."
James asked.
"I guess tracking down a fellow Technomancer is harder than your standard Deviant."

'If it can be reached by bus or cab, it's in Boston.' she said after a thoughtful pause. 'I'm just gonna high-tail it out of the city, going east or south. Once we get out of Boston, find me the nearest station where Shade can leave from.'

"As you will Miss, that is probably a good idea."
Thorn said and nodded.
"Let us hope we can get the man out of Boston without further incident."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:28 pm

"Will you make sure someone stays with him, if it go wrong so he will not have to face it all alone?" Mrs Danbrock asked her husband sigh. "Poor boy he must be absolutely terrified."

"If at all possible, and I have seen such precedent for it."

"Can you answer me honestly though Mr Roth Hicks, do my son have enough of a chance that he should not be adviced to try to end it as soon as he get the chance?"
The hedge wizard's voice was hard as he regarded you.

"Sir, I haven't sugar coated anything I've said and much of what I've said has been hard to hear, no doubt. I can't tell you with 100% certainty that what we want to happen will happen, but we are doing all we can in his favor. My pater said to us that he had a good chance, and he's not a liar either. However, if you tell him to try to kill himself or worse try to help him do so, at this point, he is a member of the Order. We'd be compelled to try to stop you from harming him and honestly, we don't want problems like that. I want to concentrate on getting Kyle the help he needs to make it through and he will need the support of all of us."

"I will inform your Mentor about how I have raised my son up until now and if he have a better way to deal with his dark impulses then I would welcome that, I did not like to hurt the boy." Mr Danbrock said then he shock his head. "No more questions Mr Roth Hicks other than when can we see our son?"

He sighed. "That rather depends on you both. If you promise not to try to kill him or try to take him out, then he'd appreciate seeing you too. But I warn you, trying to kill him would force us to have to intervene and honestly I have just got back from a Labyrinth and the last thing I want is more violence under my roof against a member of my House, my own brother. I'm sure you're hungry too, we'll get you some food." He eyed them both. Mrs Danbrock had always been rather vocal with her feelings but Mr Danbrock was more reserved and seemed to be weighing things in the depths of his mind. "Does giving your word carry weight in your Tradition, Mr Danbrock?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:53 pm

"If at all possible, and I have seen such precedent for it."

Mrs Danbrock nodded at that and sigh then she looked down.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, that is...a comfort at least...hopefully it will go well though and pur boy will get to live and will stay complete though."
She muttered softly.

"Sir, I haven't sugar coated anything I've said and much of what I've said has been hard to hear, no doubt. I can't tell you with 100% certainty that what we want to happen will happen, but we are doing all we can in his favor. My pater said to us that he had a good chance, and he's not a liar either. However, if you tell him to try to kill himself or worse try to help him do so, at this point, he is a member of the Order. We'd be compelled to try to stop you from harming him and honestly, we don't want problems like that. I want to concentrate on getting Kyle the help he needs to make it through and he will need the support of all of us."

The hedge wizard hesitated.
"I do not want to see my son die...I want him to live a long and happy life, but I have see the result of a Awakened mage loosing their powers."
He sigh.
"I can promise you that I will not try to kill my son or encourage him to kill himself, but if he decide to not take the chance of a trial I am not going to try to stop him either."
Mr Danbrock said darkly.

He sighed. "That rather depends on you both. If you promise not to try to kill him or try to take him out, then he'd appreciate seeing you too. But I warn you, trying to kill him would force us to have to intervene and honestly I have just got back from a Labyrinth and the last thing I want is more violence under my roof against a member of my House, my own brother.

"I promise I will not try to kill my son or help him escape, nor talk him into it. I will not stop him if he try to do something on his own accord, but I am not going to instigate it."
Mr Danbrock promised.
"I certinly would not want to see violence done to Ray...Kyle and and do not mean any ill will towards this Chantry."
He added.

I'm sure you're hungry too, we'll get you some food." He eyed them both. Mrs Danbrock had always been rather vocal with her feelings but Mr Danbrock was more reserved and seemed to be weighing things in the depths of his mind. "Does giving your word carry weight in your Tradition, Mr Danbrock?"

"Yes we are both hungry though the sweet young woman outside had some set up a while ago."
Mrs Danbrock said. Her husband regarded you carefully then he nodded.
"Yes it do Mr Roth Hicks, we where once...Hermetics, words have power so they are not given lightely."
He said solenmly.
"So when I give my word that I will not try to harm my son I will not do so."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Mrs Danbrock nodded at that and sigh then she looked down. "Thank you Mr Roth Hicks, that is...a comfort at least...hopefully it will go well though and pur boy will get to live and will stay complete though." She muttered softly.

He nodded.

"I do not want to see my son die...I want him to live a long and happy life, but I have see the result of a Awakened mage loosing their powers." He sigh.
"I can promise you that I will not try to kill my son or encourage him to kill himself, but if he decide to not take the chance of a trial I am not going to try to stop him either."

"I have seen it as well, but whether he choose to live or die should that be the verdict, that will be in part his choice...I imagine your input and that of my pater would factor highly since he's still so young. It will be tough for him to deal with all these emotions and know he has to wait, while I can't expect you to do anything more than what you've said, just think about it. He will have his own long dark night of the soul, so to speak. I hope one of us can be there with him, and we'll all see it through to the best result. Fear is the enemy of hope, but within that we can find that hope is the enemy of fear, our weapon against it. Real hope, which involves actions on our part."

"I promise I will not try to kill my son or help him escape, nor talk him into it. I will not stop him if he try to do something on his own accord, but I am not going to instigate it." Mr Danbrock promised. "I certinly would not want to see violence done to Ray...Kyle and and do not mean any ill will towards this Chantry." He added.

"Good, I know we haven't historically given you a lot of reasons to trust us and you know the reasons. However this chantry is not your enemy."

"Yes we are both hungry though the sweet young woman outside had some set up a while ago." Mrs Danbrock said. Her husband regarded you carefully then he nodded. "Yes it do Mr Roth Hicks, we where once...Hermetics, words have power so they are not given lightely." He said solenmly. "So when I give my word that I will not try to harm my son I will not do so."

"And you, ma'am?" he asked Mrs Danbrock.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:20 pm

"I have seen it as well, but whether he choose to live or die should that be the verdict, that will be in part his choice...I imagine your input and that of my pater would factor highly since he's still so young. It will be tough for him to deal with all these emotions and know he has to wait, while I can't expect you to do anything more than what you've said, just think about it. He will have his own long dark night of the soul, so to speak. I hope one of us can be there with him, and we'll all see it through to the best result. Fear is the enemy of hope, but within that we can find that hope is the enemy of fear, our weapon against it. Real hope, which involves actions on our part."

"Waiting is the worst part, if my son need anyone to talk to I will listen, and I hope he will be strong through this. I am just saying that if decided nto to take the chance of a trial and choose to end his life, I am not going to try to stop him, though I will not encourage him taking such action. Perhaps there are hope that he will be okey, that he will be given a chance and I hope he will be given that chance, but I do fear for him, fear that it will not work out and...the suffering that will come to him then."
Mr Danbrock said and sigh.
"As for if things go badly...I will do my best to support him no matter what he choose, but I hope it will nto come to that."

"Good, I know we haven't historically given you a lot of reasons to trust us and you know the reasons. However this chantry is not your enemy."

"I know the reason the Traditions hunt down widderslainte, I have seen the darkness in my son, but I think some of them can be saved, and Kyle is not evil."
The hedge wizard said seaming to struggle with his son's new name.
"I will reserve judgement of your Chantry Sir...for now all I can promise is that I will not work against it."

"And you, ma'am?" he asked Mrs Danbrock.

"I am a member of no Orders I am not even a mage young man, it seams like my son are not harmed when I see his magick and it is not as hard for my husband to do his around me as with others with no powers of their own, but I am just a regular woman. I do value honesty and keeping one's word though and I will give mine that I will not try to harm my son or encourage him to harm himself. I will hold out hope that your Traditions will not harm him and that he can get to live, whole and complete and be happy."
The true believer said and she gave you a thin smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:25 pm

"Would the memories be completely gone if you did that Serge? So I would not know what had happened me so it would be like it never happened?"
The wounded man asked softly.
"I do not want to remember what happened but I do not want such memories to just suddenly show up again either."
He said cautiously.

"They would basically be gone. Tucked away in the back of your mind where they'd be really hard to get to. You wouldn't be able to see them unless you forced them into your mind, which I doubt you'd do." Serge informed the man, stretching the truth a little.

"I can't say it'll be permanent though. I'll try to make it last for as long as I can muster. It'll give you some brief respite. Enough time for perhaps a more permanent solution to be given."

"Here I am safe I can pretend all of it..did not happen, what the needle man did is one thing, it hurt and it...was terrifying but it...was not as bad as what the bad woman did, again and again and again, that...that..."
Bernard started crying again and the kitchen grew dark around him, the meal before you looked rotten now and cracks could be seen appearing in the walls.

"Your right. Your right. Your safe here. Don't worry. There's no need to think about what happened." Serge said hastily noticing the changes in their surroundings. The world they were in could get very dangerous if the man's emotions flared up.

"We can talk about something else. There was one more thing I wanted to discuss with you anyways." Serge said wanting to change the topic.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Anja's Post:

'Might be... what makes you say that?' half-curious, half-suspicious.

Anja's Post:

A nod to this; continuing to drive to the freeway, then to follow the first exit out of the city.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:20 pm

"They would basically be gone. Tucked away in the back of your mind where they'd be really hard to get to. You wouldn't be able to see them unless you forced them into your mind, which I doubt you'd do." Serge informed the man, stretching the truth a little.

"I can't say it'll be permanent though. I'll try to make it last for as long as I can muster. It'll give you some brief respite. Enough time for perhaps a more permanent solution to be given."

"It would be nice if those memories where gone but if they are at the back of my mind, would they not then pop up again when something reminded me of what have happened to me?"
The wounded man asked nervously.
"If they are there but just not easy to get though, would not a stray thought get to them? For that would be really uncomfortable if it did."

"Your right. Your right. Your safe here. Don't worry. There's no need to think about what happened." Serge said hastily noticing the changes in their surroundings. The world they were in could get very dangerous if the man's emotions flared up.

"I...I do not want it to have happened, I want to be here safe where no one can hurt me, I want to pretend that I was never captured and hurt...it is just...just to much."
Bernard wept, the kitchen getting dark and glum with his emotions.

"We can talk about something else. There was one more thing I wanted to discuss with you anyways." Serge said wanting to change the topic.

The wounded man looked up and nodded.
"I would very much like to talk about something else Serge, I do not want to talk about what happened or leaving here...what did you want to ask me?"
He inquired softly.

'Might be... what makes you say that?' half-curious, half-suspicious.

"Wel first of all most Technomancers know more about how technology and the world in general work and can use that against their pursuers, they are often less affected by Paradox than more blatant Deviants and they can often understand our own Paradigms and can use them against us."
James explained.

A nod to this; continuing to drive to the freeway, then to follow the first exit out of the city.

You drove out onto the freeway, there was some traffic, there always where but not so much as during a weekday. There did not seam to be any new pursuers, not yet at least. As you neared the city limit Thorn said.
"There is supposed to be a bus station not far from here, right next to a gas station and a little delli."
The Verbena informed you.
"I think we can drop our new friend of there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next