Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 21 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:47 am

Serge's Post:

'Bet you'll find something great. Like one who served in the War for Independence and got lots of medals. From George III.' Nicole said, while getting a re-fill of the bowl.

Serge's Post:

'Hey! I can do other things too, y'know!' putting on a faux-upset tone. 'Like kicking.'

Anja's Post:

'"Doesn't work well with others"... that's what reports used to say about me, they did.' Nicole replied, going back to the table with her seconds'. 'Though they usually meant "doesn't want to wear a dorky pantsuit in a cubicle and do TPS reports" or "tells the dick to shove it if asked to pretend to be a tree".'

[Know it's a typo but: What men? Random ones you find hanging around? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 21 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:11 am

[Serge and Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

I agree with the vampire puncher. What's with the sudden disapproving facial features. When I met Tane he seemed really nice. Nothing seemed unusual about him, especially considering we're in a mage chantry." Serge said with equal curiosity.

"Doesn't work well with others"... that's what reports used to say about me, they did.' Nicole replied, going back to the table with her seconds'. 'Though they usually meant "doesn't want to wear a dorky pantsuit in a cubicle and do TPS reports" or "tells the dick to shove it if asked to pretend to be a tree".'

"Mr Karyak is...nice enough like I said Mr Yager he means well, however I was put to the task of leading a rescue operation he was a part of. I will not go into details as it is not my place to do so, but I have informed Master Morgan I will not take part in any combat operation with the man again. There are many who can be nice but who still have some personal...issues."
Darrian said then he glanced at Nicole and smiled a little.
"Yes well that was not the issues I have with Mr Karyak Miss Bouchard."
The Alchemist said and frowned.

(OOC: Yes we will just grab whatever random men we find. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:39 am

"Ohh that would be fun, you can do that? It is amazing."
The white haired woman said and she smiled and clapped her hands together entusiastically.
"I would like that."
She agreed.

"Wouldn't even be that hard. Wait hang on a second." Serge said as he dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He turned on the front-facing camera and turned it towards Strawberry so that she could see herself in the screen.

With his other hand he lifted the picture of Strawberry so that it was behind the phone which allowed the wereat to see both the picture and the phone screen simultaneously. "Concentrate on the picture and try to imagine what you'd look like with the earrings. Imagine their red color matching your eyes, dangling off of your ears, shining with the familiar sparkle that you love so much." Serge began stirring up the were-rat's imagination so that his magick could properly affect her.

"Once you have the image clear in your head close your eyes and concentrate on it. I'll start counting and when I get to three open your eyes and you should see yourself wearing earrings on the phone screen."

Serge waited for Strawberry to close her eyes before working his magick.

"Burying a penncil in the ground will do that? Make it into a sword?"
The werrat said sounding confused.
"Oh and I still do not know your name."
She reminded you.

"I-it's Serge. Didn't I already tell you that?" Serge said in a confused voice. "I swore I already told you that. Am I that forgettable?"

Nicole wrote:'Bet you'll find something great. Like one who served in the War for Independence and got lots of medals. From George III.' Nicole said, while getting a re-fill of the bowl.

"Or I could find out they were nobodies like me who were conscripted, forced to fight against their will, and died to the first volley of gunfire." Serge said with a shrug.

"See, I can be pessimistic too." he added with a slight grin as the role-reversal became evident.

Nicole wrote:'Hey! I can do other things too, y'know!' putting on a faux-upset tone. 'Like kicking.'

"And shooting! Never forget shooting." Serge quipped amusingly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:57 am

"Wouldn't even be that hard. Wait hang on a second." Serge said as he dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He turned on the front-facing camera and turned it towards Strawberry so that she could see herself in the screen.

With his other hand he lifted the picture of Strawberry so that it was behind the phone which allowed the wereat to see both the picture and the phone screen simultaneously. "Concentrate on the picture and try to imagine what you'd look like with the earrings. Imagine their red color matching your eyes, dangling off of your ears, shining with the familiar sparkle that you love so much." Serge began stirring up the were-rat's imagination so that his magick could properly affect her.

"Once you have the image clear in your head close your eyes and concentrate on it. I'll start counting and when I get to three open your eyes and you should see yourself wearing earrings on the phone screen."

Serge waited for Strawberry to close her eyes before working his magick.

Strawberry obeyed your instructions after looking at yo in wnder for a while, she looked at the drawing and then closed her eyes.
"Ok I am imagining it, I am focusing on it."
She anounced with expectation in her voice.

"I-it's Serge. Didn't I already tell you that?" Serge said in a confused voice. "I swore I already told you that. Am I that forgettable?"

"No you are not forgettable at all but I was sure you had not said your name, perhaps I just id not catch it, sorry."
The little werrat said and she scratched her head as she regarded you.
"It is a nice name."

"And shooting! Never forget shooting." Serge quipped amusingly.

"I don't like shooting, it makes allot of noise and flashes and is scary and can kill you."
Strawberry said nervously.
"I do not like shooting at all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:11 am

[Boston Umbral Port, 7 PM]
"I gathered as much Sir I saw that movie as well."
The Mercere said and smiled.
"No no paperwork other than the rent contract for the locker room, but if you only rent it under an alias then we can not deliver mail under your real name there."
Colin nodded, "That's quite alright - this post locker would be for any materials I might be... requiring an extra layer of discretion for in any case; this letter you just gave me, for example, came from someone I could never trust with my real name or address. An enemy whose personal goals for a brief moment paralleled my own. And also for some items I might need for my flight lessons here in the imminent future."

"I see would you like me to contact the Umbral Dock's security about this matter Sir?"
The Red Cap asked then she nodded.
"I see, poor dear it is not fun to be afraid, I hope all will go well Sir."
He shook his head, "Not much point to that - it will happen on the way through the city. Still, I believe my group will get the drop on the assailants with no real trouble - and we'll get a neat little package for the Quaesitors, as well."

"I can ask one of my Housemates to pick the gloves up the next time they deliver mail to Steelhaven Hall if that works out for you Sir?"
The Mercere suggjested.
"My name is Erin Hanigan so I will ask one of my Sodalis to mention my name and my gloves if that is acceptable."
He nodded, "Very good, Miss Hanigan - I shall make sure the gloves are neatly packed up and marked properly. And given a gentle cleaning if necessary."
He laid the gloves on top of the jewelry box in his bookbag, "That should be all for now, ma'am, you have a good night."
He gave her a quick, crisp bow, and jogged back to where the others were waiting, quickly scanning the letter for any magical presence.

((OOC: Simple Prime Scan, and yes, he's using the monocle, of course; Arete roll: 4,6,0. Should suffice to check there're no traps or trackers...))

((OOC2: Come to think of it, that rote of Colin's would probably be overcome by even the Sleeper mailman, if there's a letter for him. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:04 am

[Colin] (Boston Umbral port at 7 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "That's quite alright - this post locker would be for any materials I might be... requiring an extra layer of discretion for in any case; this letter you just gave me, for example, came from someone I could never trust with my real name or address. An enemy whose personal goals for a brief moment paralleled my own. And also for some items I might need for my flight lessons here in the imminent future."

"That is understandable, well then renting a locker should be no problem and should serve your purposes then Sir."
Erin said and nodded.
"Reception will be able to set that up for you."

He shook his head, "Not much point to that - it will happen on the way through the city. Still, I believe my group will get the drop on the assailants with no real trouble - and we'll get a neat little package for the Quaesitors, as well."

"I see well let me wish you the best of luck then Mr Steed."
The Mercere said politely.
"And yes the Quesitors do enjoy such a little package, but I hope you are right and that you and your party will not come to any harm in the process."

He nodded, "Very good, Miss Hanigan - I shall make sure the gloves are neatly packed up and marked properly. And given a gentle cleaning if necessary."
He laid the gloves on top of the jewelry box in his bookbag, "That should be all for now, ma'am, you have a good night."

"Cleaning the gloves will not be needed unless you feel better in removing all arcane connections from your daugther from them before returning them.
"A good night to you as well Mr Steed and please be careful."

He gave her a quick, crisp bow, and jogged back to where the others were waiting, quickly scanning the letter for any magical presence.

Erin returned the bow as you left. You found the rest of your party on a bench on the promenade, Anna had gotten a paper bag of roasted chesnuts to munch on while waiting she grinned to you when you came over and she offered you the beg.
"Want some Mentor they taste good."
She said.

You examined the letter using your monocle and found no trace of magick on it.

(OOC: Well then I am off, sorry for the short reply but I have to run. I will post more later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 am

Anja's Post:

'Not thought he's just the type of person who needs a reason to obey you more than "respect the chain 'o command" thing?' she said thoughtfully.

Serge's Post:

'Meh. Still sore that I didn't get to do shopping in that armoury, me.'

[If I did that, so far I would have grabbed a) the local idiot b) a very old man wearing a thick coat and hat in a heatwave, c) a jogger and d) the guy who delivered a half-dozen takeaway menus.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:14 pm

"I see well let me wish you the best of luck then Mr Steed."
The Mercere said politely.
"And yes the Quesitors do enjoy such a little package, but I hope you are right and that you and your party will not come to any harm in the process."
Colin shrugged, "Thank you. I'll likely take a slug in the arm, but aside from that, I think we'll be fine... I've been around this loop a few times, and my future self has given me warnings of what did and did not work out... One day, I'm going to have to bleed off a lot of Paradox, but it is not this day."

"Cleaning the gloves will not be needed unless you feel better in removing all arcane connections from your daugther from them before returning them.
"A good night to you as well Mr Steed and please be careful."
He nodded, "I fear there may be a drop of blood or that infernal serum involved - but yes, the arcane connections are a good point, as well."
He grinned, "I'm ambushing an ambush by driving straight into it. Careful doesn't quite fit that plan..."

Erin returned the bow as you left. You found the rest of your party on a bench on the promenade, Anna had gotten a paper bag of roasted chesnuts to munch on while waiting she grinned to you when you came over and she offered you the beg.
"Want some Mentor they taste good."
She said.
He smiled broadly, "Ooooh, chestnuts? Haven't had those in years... I'd love a couple."
He fished out a couple and chomped down gleefully, before handing Anna the gloves, "Here, sweetie, I borrowed these for you... I want you to put them on when we get to the car. Don't ask why, just trust me... and make sure they don't impair your manual dexterity, to the extent you use hand seals."

You examined the letter using your monocle and found no trace of magick on it.
He showed Udella the letter, "This was waiting for me... I'd like you to confirm that the seal is unbroken, as a matter of evidence, before I open it and skim its contents."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:57 pm

Once he saw Theodora in there and that she seemed to be under some kind of spell, he holstered the gun quickly. With her seemingly inhuman strength it didn't seem wise to rush into stabbing range himself without a shield up. Instead, he brought up his free hand to begin the air press spell instead before his comrades killed each other.  It was similar to the auram rote Fisher had used on the vampire in Chicago, one he'd used himself but with hand gestures and not a fancy wand. He was trying to pin Theodora to the nearest wall, out of stabbing reach of Dr Lee and Welder, preferably without harming her. He had to work fast but with some finesse and he was tired, not a good combination so he whisked in the bit of last bit of quintessence he'd received from the experience earlier with the avatar and hefted in a measure of pure stubborn-mindedness...

// sorry for late reply, been feeling cruddy for the last several days - caught a thing at work and am trying to powersleep my way out of it but that didn't work, unfortunately.
ooc2: have a good trip
ooc3: Forces air press rote: 8, 4, 1 - (+1 WP sux and 1 Quint) - blew that quint but it's not a total fail or botch w/ the WP, though I don't know how effective it turns out with only one sux, not very probably
ooc4: I think Dr Lee, Theodora and Welder are currently the least happy with what's going on atm >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Strawberry obeyed your instructions after looking at yo in wnder for a while, she looked at the drawing and then closed her eyes.
"Ok I am imagining it, I am focusing on it."
She anounced with expectation in her voice.

"Alright. 1..." Serge began closing his own eyes as he also began to imagine Strawberry with those glasses. Concentrating hard in his drawing and how he wanted to make it a reality.

"2...." he said as he concentrated harder on the mental image and focusing it through his artwork. Combining his imagination with the young women's. The anticipation, the expectations, the desires. He could feel them bubbling away within both of their minds.

"3!" Serge said with enthusiasm befitting a magickal spell incantation. He focused his will through his drawing and used it as a gateway into Strawberry's mind so that when she opened her eyes, her imagination made reality.

"No you are not forgettable at all but I was sure you had not said your name, perhaps I just id not catch it, sorry."
The little werrat said and she scratched her head as she regarded you.
"It is a nice name."

"Thanks. Your name is cool too. Do you like to eat Strawberries?" Serge asked humorously.

Nicole wrote:'Meh. Still sore that I didn't get to do shopping in that armoury, me.'

"What armory?" Serge asked with a confused look on his face. "When did you have the time to go gun-shopping? I though you were in the labyrinth the whole time."

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to cause Strawberry to see the mental Illusion of Strawberry shaped-ruby earrings on her ears when she looks at herself in the phone camera

Arete Roll: 10, 3, 8, 4

I think that's two successes which is good for a simple and moving illusion that affects one sensation. I'll make affect sense of sight and have her see the earrings dangling off of her ears and sparkling in the sunlight.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 pm

'Not thought he's just the type of person who needs a reason to obey you more than "respect the chain 'o command" thing?' she said thoughtfully.

"He would not have to obey me in everyday life, I do not care that much about rank, but in a combat situation ignoring the orders of whoever is in charge gets pepole killed, we where lucky earlier today when he did just that, but that is also all it was luck. Unless the leader appear to be completely out of his or her mind, then take any disagreements up with them when the mission is done."
Darrian grumbeled.

'Meh. Still sore that I didn't get to do shopping in that armoury, me.'

"Well such a sopping expedition might have turned out to be less fun when you had to wade through the Deep Umbra to get home Miss Bouchard."
Darrian said and he raised an eyebrow at you.

Colin shrugged, "Thank you. I'll likely take a slug in the arm, but aside from that, I think we'll be fine... I've been around this loop a few times, and my future self has given me warnings of what did and did not work out... One day, I'm going to have to bleed off a lot of Paradox, but it is not this day."

"Are you sure I should not call security for back up Sir?"
The Mercere said she looked rather concerned.
"Getting shot that...is not good, neither is Paradox for that matter, are you sure you will be fine?"
She asked and she sounded rather shocked.

He nodded, "I fear there may be a drop of blood or that infernal serum involved - but yes, the arcane connections are a good point, as well."
He grinned, "I'm ambushing an ambush by driving straight into it. Careful doesn't quite fit that plan..."

"Ah yes the Serum, the one that look like liquified Haribo candy right? It is not relevant for me since I am nto Awakened, but that do look nasty."
The Red Cap commented.
"Hum then it is probably best to at least clease the gloves of the arcane connections involved you do not want them floating around and yes it seams you have a rather...unusual approach to things Mr Steed."
She commented and glanced at you a bit skeptically.

He smiled broadly, "Ooooh, chestnuts? Haven't had those in years... I'd love a couple."
He fished out a couple and chomped down gleefully, before handing Anna the gloves, "Here, sweetie, I borrowed these for you... I want you to put them on when we get to the car. Don't ask why, just trust me... and make sure they don't impair your manual dexterity, to the extent you use hand seals."

The chesnuts tasted perfectly and they where still a little warm.
"Yeah they are pretty good Mentor, I have never had roasted chesnuts before."
Anna said and smiled.
"I hope it is okey I bought her a treat Mr Steed, I did not want to get her anything sugary without your consent but I thought some chesnuts would be okey."
Udella said.
"I do apologize if you do not agree with it."

Anna took the gloves and tried them on and went through several hand gestures, they where similar to the ones Adley used but not the same.
"Ok Mentor I will do so."
The young girl promised though she clearly looked confused.

He showed Udella the letter, "This was waiting for me... I'd like you to confirm that the seal is unbroken, as a matter of evidence, before I open it and skim its contents."

Udella nodded she took the letter and muttered some Latin words over it then she handed it back to you.
"It is sealed and the seal is unbroken Mr Steed."
She declared.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

At least your magick worked this time and your managed to slam Tehodora gainst a wall, she would get some bruises but not be seriously harmed, your spell was to weak to hold her though and she faught against the bond of air, broke free and fushed you with her knife raised, still with those jerky, unsteady movements, which was a boon of such, this controlled version of Theodora clearly did not have the knife fighting skills of the real deal. Your Mentor was chanting in Greek, but he would need just a but more time for his magick to take effect. You had gotten Theodora off Dr Lee but the Akashic Brother was badly injured, he had been stabbed multiple times and was bleeding badly.

(OOC: Not a problem at all, get well soon.)
(OOC 2: Thank you it was good.)
(OOC 3: It works but not for long.)
(OOC 4: Well yes they are three very unhappy mages, then again unhappy mages is nothing new in this campaign.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm

"Alright. 1..." Serge began closing his own eyes as he also began to imagine Strawberry with those glasses. Concentrating hard in his drawing and how he wanted to make it a reality.

"2...." he said as he concentrated harder on the mental image and focusing it through his artwork. Combining his imagination with the young women's. The anticipation, the expectations, the desires. He could feel them bubbling away within both of their minds.

"3!" Serge said with enthusiasm befitting a magickal spell incantation. He focused his will through his drawing and used it as a gateway into Strawberry's mind so that when she opened her eyes, her imagination made reality.

Strawberry opened her eyes and she made a squee of joy as she looked at her own image on your phone.
"Ohh they are so shiny and so pretty!"
She declared happily and she clapped her hands enthusiastically.
"How do you do that Serge?"

"Thanks. Your name is cool too. Do you like to eat Strawberries?" Serge asked humorously.

"Yes strawberries are yummy."
The young shapechanger confirmed.
"And other kinds of fruit as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 pm

This was not going to go easily. The spell was not strong enough to hold her and it snapped. As she rushed him, he tried again. If she got within knife reach she could quite possibly kill him (or one of the others that were in a very, very bad way already), even if the thing possessing her didn't seem to have the best control. He needed to buy his pater some time to banish whatever it was. If she was that close he'd have to get out of the way if possible. Maybe she would follow him out of the smaller room...

// same again, plus another 1 WP: 3, 3, 7 (let me know if you need another initiative roll)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

It took most of that stubborness your Mentor had so fondly commented on but you got another spell out and this time it held, you could feel the pressure you put on Theodora's body using air itself as you pressed to woman up against a wall. It would have been less creepy if she had screamed or grunted or made any sound of struggle, but she was just silently and meticulusly fighting you, then suddenly her body stiffened as Jeffry's chanting intensified, if you could makage to restrain her for a little bit longer perhaps he could get whatever was controlling her banished so you could safe Captain Welder and your Cabalmate without harming the young Tytalus.

(OOC: No that is ok, but I can get a willpower roll to see if Adley manage to fight through his fatuige and keep the spell going for just a little bit longer.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:42 pm

"Are you sure I should not call security for back up Sir?"
The Mercere said she looked rather concerned.
"Getting shot that...is not good, neither is Paradox for that matter, are you sure you will be fine?"
She asked and she sounded rather shocked.
Colin shook his head, "This ambush is one I know about; they are two rogues with three stolen HIT-Marks... if they get spooked by reinforcements, they'll try again under circumstances I won't know about. I'll be fine; it won't be the first time I've been shot. This week."

"Ah yes the Serum, the one that look like liquified Haribo candy right? It is not relevant for me since I am nto Awakened, but that do look nasty."
The Red Cap commented.
"Hum then it is probably best to at least clease the gloves of the arcane connections involved you do not want them floating around and yes it seams you have a rather...unusual approach to things Mr Steed."
She commented and glanced at you a bit skeptically.
He grinned, "The molten wine gums, yes... And I believe my Security Chief has a few other choice words about my approach to danger. Mostly in quite colourful Greek."

The chesnuts tasted perfectly and they where still a little warm.
"Yeah they are pretty good Mentor, I have never had roasted chesnuts before."
Anna said and smiled.
"I hope it is okey I bought her a treat Mr Steed, I did not want to get her anything sugary without your consent but I thought some chesnuts would be okey."
Udella said.
"I do apologize if you do not agree with it."
He smiled to Udella, "Quite alright, old friend - I'm going to have to accept the adorable little princess is going to get away with treats anyway; healthy snacks like nuts and fruits should be quite fine. Though, I have a hunch our in-house physician might recommend a diet to accelerate healing."
He looked at Anna, "And i don't mean diet in the weight loss sense, but to make sure you get all the balanced nutrients you need; you might put on a bit in the short term, in fact, since you'll not be able to exercise quite as vigorously as you might otherwise have."

Anna took the gloves and tried them on and went through several hand gestures, they where similar to the ones Adley used but not the same.
"Ok Mentor I will do so."
The young girl promised though she clearly looked confused.
He nodded, "Good. You may have to get your hands dirty, and I'd rather you wear gloves for that, considering the immediate situation."

Udella nodded she took the letter and muttered some Latin words over it then she handed it back to you.
"It is sealed and the seal is unbroken Mr Steed."
She declared.
He nodded and accepted the letter back, quickly opening it and sifting through the contents.

((OOC: Unhappy Mages? In one of YOUR campaigns? However could that happen? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'We were. They had an armoury which I was itching to take a look at. Yeah, I know we had to get out of there, but still...' ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'May not be used to fighting in a team. Might not get why you were in charge instead of him. Or what the plan was.' she replied in between mouthfuls, rapidly demolishing her food.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:12 am

Strawberry opened her eyes and she made a squee of joy as she looked at her own image on your phone.
"Ohh they are so shiny and so pretty!"
She declared happily and she clapped her hands enthusiastically.
"How do you do that Serge?"

"Same as all witches and wizards you see on television. With lots of dramatic yelling." Serge half-joked enjoying the were-rats happiness.

"I can do more if you want. Is their anything else you want to see or experience? A rain of coins? A dragon? Perhaps Nicole in a dress or something equally as horrifying?"

"Yes strawberries are yummy."
The young shapechanger confirmed.
"And other kinds of fruit as well."

"Fruits are tasty. Better than vegetables at least." he commented.

Nicole wrote:'We were. They had an armoury which I was itching to take a look at. Yeah, I know we had to get out of there, but still...' ending with a shrug.

"Damn, imagine what you could've looted from a Nephandic Labyrinth. They might've had some weird mutated flesh gun or something." Serge said glancing to the side with a faraway look in his eyes as he tried to imagine what demonic weapons the nephandi might've possessed.

"So what was the Labyrinth like anyways?" Serge asked. "Is it actually as horrifying as I keep hearing? One of the prisoner's told me to never be the first one to enter a room."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 am

Wp: 7, 3, 2, 2, 9, 1

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:07 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

You where exhausted and keeping the spell going took all you had, your mind and body screamed for you sto stop now and rest, but you managed to keep it going, pinning the Tytalus to the wall despite her struggeling as your Mentor cast his spell, then suddenly Theodora screamed and then went limp against the air you pressed against her and you saw a spirit in the room, it was elongated and looked to be a swirl of water caught in a strong wind. The spirit hissed and tried to get back into the young Tytalus.

You heard your Mentor's chant changing, it became harder and more agressive and then the spirit hissed before it vanished, leaving just a wet spot on the floor as it was banished back to the Umbra.
"Good job mea filius I will make sure the spirit is gone, please go and find Master Nassa or Dr Wong, quickly if we can get them here soon enough Dr Lee might still be saved."
Jeffry said as he crossed the floor to check on Theodora, grabbing a roll of bandages from the supply cabinet to bind her just to be sure until it was completely sure she was no longer being controlled.

'We were. They had an armoury which I was itching to take a look at. Yeah, I know we had to get out of there, but still...' ending with a shrug.

"Well I am not sure we should bring to many things that have belonged to the Nephandi into the Chantry Miss Bouchard. Such things can be corrupted and carry unfortunate Resonance."
The alchemist said.

'May not be used to fighting in a team. Might not get why you were in charge instead of him. Or what the plan was.' she replied in between mouthfuls, rapidly demolishing her food.

"Well we can hope that is what the problem is, and that in time he may learn to work with others, Nothing will be better than that."
Darrian said but it was clear he did not really think Mr Karyak would improve much.

"Same as all witches and wizards you see on television. With lots of dramatic yelling." Serge half-joked enjoying the were-rats happiness.

"I can do more if you want. Is their anything else you want to see or experience? A rain of coins? A dragon? Perhaps Nicole in a dress or something equally as horrifying?"

Strawberry seamed very impressed she looked at you and grinned then she considered for a moment.
"Can you make the little girl who used to take care of me? I really miss her."
The little werrat requested.

"Fruits are tasty. Better than vegetables at least." he commented.

"Vegtables are tasty as well, other than peas, they make me ill."
Strawberry commented.

"Damn, imagine what you could've looted from a Nephandic Labyrinth. They might've had some weird mutated flesh gun or something." Serge said glancing to the side with a faraway look in his eyes as he tried to imagine what demonic weapons the nephandi might've possessed.

"So what was the Labyrinth like anyways?" Serge asked. "Is it actually as horrifying as I keep hearing? One of the prisoner's told me to never be the first one to enter a room."

"They might have but I suspect they had regular weapons, some of them enchanted. The simple is often the best, such a flesh gun would cause allot of Paradox there are no reason to bring that on when a regular gun will work just as well. As for the Labyrinth, it is...as bad as they say, a hellhole of corruption and pain."
Darrian said darkly.

Colin shook his head, "This ambush is one I know about; they are two rogues with three stolen HIT-Marks... if they get spooked by reinforcements, they'll try again under circumstances I won't know about. I'll be fine; it won't be the first time I've been shot. This week."

"I see, well if I can not get you to change your mind Mr Steed then I can only hope that you are right and that you will not get seriously injured."
Erin said and frowned.

He grinned, "The molten wine gums, yes... And I believe my Security Chief has a few other choice words about my approach to danger. Mostly in quite colourful Greek."

"Yes it do look quite horrid that serum, and Greek my good man is a lovely language to swear in."
The Mercere said wryly.

He smiled to Udella, "Quite alright, old friend - I'm going to have to accept the adorable little princess is going to get away with treats anyway; healthy snacks like nuts and fruits should be quite fine. Though, I have a hunch our in-house physician might recommend a diet to accelerate healing."

"I am glad I did nto overstep my bounderies Mr Steed and yes indeed her physician might have some advice as to her diet but I think a few rosted chesnuts should not do to much harm."
Udella said and smiled. Anna looked at you and smiled.
"I don't want to be a princess I want to be a magus."
She declared.

He looked at Anna, "And i don't mean diet in the weight loss sense, but to make sure you get all the balanced nutrients you need; you might put on a bit in the short term, in fact, since you'll not be able to exercise quite as vigorously as you might otherwise have."

"That is okey Mentor, I can eat what the doctor recomend, as long as it is not all porridge or something."
Anna agreed with a smile.
"And it is ok if I get fatter I don't care to much."

He nodded, "Good. You may have to get your hands dirty, and I'd rather you wear gloves for that, considering the immediate situation."

"I understand Mentor, I will do as you say."
Anna said as she pulled the other glove on.
"They are soft this is good leather."

He nodded and accepted the letter back, quickly opening it and sifting through the contents.

The letter said.

"Once when I was an apprentice of a Virtual Adept my name was Thomas Eld and I will use that name here. When my Mentor and brothers where captured by the Technocrazy as the Adepts left them, the Nephandus Griga offered me a chance for vengance, I acccepted and became his student. Lord Griga is the Gilledian of the largest Labyrinth in Boston, a ruthless but skilled ruler that I am proud to call my lord and my teacher. About a year ago Lord Griga left the Labyrinth in order to bleed of Paradox in the Deep Umbra or so we where told. He left his first Prelata Lisa Larson in charge of the Labyrinth.

Now and again we got messages from Lord Griga which always supported Prelatus Larson's rule, the strange thing is none of those filmed messages was spoken in the Dragon's Tounge. I have come to suspect that Lord Griga was captured by two of Prelatus Larson's pawns and held captive after they Gilgulled him. These paws are two Traditionalsit Masters I do not know their first names but they are Hermetic Enforcers and their surname are D'Angelo. For years they have had a contract with Lady Larson, the deal being that they do her bidding and are her eyes and ears in the Traditions and she provide them with widderslaintes that she then...Gilgul...we have lost so many there are no widderslaintes left in the Labyrinth and Lady Larson have even sacrificed reinforcements from Chicago, and all of them are destroyed by the Italian Enforcers and then killed or dumped.

I write this letter in order to get revenge for my Mentor, one day I would have probably ended up in a fight for supermacy with him myself and if things went my way I would have taken his life, but he deserved better than this, the man was a true Nephandus. Please take the fucking Italians down.

Thomas Eld."

(OOC: Me tortmenting player characters and NPCs that can't be true it is probably you guys' fault. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 am

"I see, well if I can not get you to change your mind Mr Steed then I can only hope that you are right and that you will not get seriously injured."
Erin said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Thank you - I am quite confident that my intel from the future is reliable; chronomancy's odd that way. And besides, I can't get myself killed, my future wife would utterly murder me if I let that happen."

"I am glad I did nto overstep my bounderies Mr Steed and yes indeed her physician might have some advice as to her diet but I think a few rosted chesnuts should not do to much harm."
Udella said and smiled. Anna looked at you and smiled.
"I don't want to be a princess I want to be a magus."
She declared.
He grinned, "Why not both, sweetie? It's common enough to hear of magical powers associated with the Blood Royal... Well, perhaps not so much in modern royalty - I guess the Technocracy's diluted some of that reverence for kings and queens, but all the same..."

"That is okey Mentor, I can eat what the doctor recomend, as long as it is not all porridge or something."
Anna agreed with a smile.
"And it is ok if I get fatter I don't care to much."
He nodded, "I'm not too worried about porridge - it's more likely he'll recommend things that ensure you get enough of various things, like broccoli for iron, fish for vitamin D, that sort of thing."

"I understand Mentor, I will do as you say."
Anna said as she pulled the other glove on.
"They are soft this is good leather."
He nodded, "They're just a loan, so we're going to make sure they're returned in as good a condition as possible. Next week, we'll go shopping for a few pairs of your own, alright?"

The letter said.

"Once when I was an apprentice of a Virtual Adept my name was Thomas Eld and I will use that name here. When my Mentor and brothers where captured by the Technocrazy as the Adepts left them, the Nephandus Griga offered me a chance for vengance, I acccepted and became his student. Lord Griga is the Gilledian of the largest Labyrinth in Boston, a ruthless but skilled ruler that I am proud to call my lord and my teacher. About a year ago Lord Griga left the Labyrinth in order to bleed of Paradox in the Deep Umbra or so we where told. He left his first Prelata Lisa Larson in charge of the Labyrinth.

Now and again we got messages from Lord Griga which always supported Prelatus Larson's rule, the strange thing is none of those filmed messages was spoken in the Dragon's Tounge. I have come to suspect that Lord Griga was captured by two of Prelatus Larson's pawns and held captive after they Gilgulled him. These paws are two Traditionalsit Masters I do not know their first names but they are Hermetic Enforcers and their surname are D'Angelo. For years they have had a contract with Lady Larson, the deal being that they do her bidding and are her eyes and ears in the Traditions and she provide them with widderslaintes that she then...Gilgul...we have lost so many there are no widderslaintes left in the Labyrinth and Lady Larson have even sacrificed reinforcements from Chicago, and all of them are destroyed by the Italian Enforcers and then killed or dumped.

I write this letter in order to get revenge for my Mentor, one day I would have probably ended up in a fight for supermacy with him myself and if things went my way I would have taken his life, but he deserved better than this, the man was a true Nephandus. Please take the fucking Italians down.

Thomas Eld."
He read the letter, then handed it and the envelope to Udella, "Well, it's as clear and crisp as we could have wished for... you're a better judge than me of how well this will hold up on its own, but it's certainly a strong piece of corroborating evidence. I'll entrust it to you until we can add it to the evidence pile."

((OOC: No, no, it's the Technocracy's fault. Get with the program, boss! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 am

Colin nodded, "Thank you - I am quite confident that my intel from the future is reliable; chronomancy's odd that way. And besides, I can't get myself killed, my future wife would utterly murder me if I let that happen."

"If you say so Mr Steed though from what I have heard the future is not a set thing. I hope you are right though, and your wife sounds like an...interesting woman."
Erin said and she raised an eyebrow.

He grinned, "Why not both, sweetie? It's common enough to hear of magical powers associated with the Blood Royal... Well, perhaps not so much in modern royalty - I guess the Technocracy's diluted some of that reverence for kings and queens, but all the same..."

"I guess I could go for both, then again what have royalty really done to be revered for other than be born into a certain family? It seams that a monachy would be the oposite of a meritocrazy where someone are honored for who their daddy is rather than what they acomplish for themselves."
Anna said and frowned.

He nodded, "I'm not too worried about porridge - it's more likely he'll recommend things that ensure you get enough of various things, like broccoli for iron, fish for vitamin D, that sort of thing."

"Fish can be good but broccoli is rather meh, but I guess I will not complain to much if it gets me better."
The young mage said and grimaced.

He nodded, "They're just a loan, so we're going to make sure they're returned in as good a condition as possible. Next week, we'll go shopping for a few pairs of your own, alright?"

"I will be careful with them Mentor."
Anna promised and she looked down at the gloves.
"Yeah a pair a little bit smaller would be nice though I do not think I will need a pair of gloves."

He read the letter, then handed it and the envelope to Udella, "Well, it's as clear and crisp as we could have wished for... you're a better judge than me of how well this will hold up on its own, but it's certainly a strong piece of corroborating evidence. I'll entrust it to you until we can add it to the evidence pile."

"Udella glanced at the letter and nodded.
"On it's own I do not think it will do much good it might be enough to to get a preliminary investigation going but nothing more, after all this was written by an enemy so in a trial defence would just claim it is an attemnt to take down two powerful Traditionalists, as a piece adding to the evidence pile though it might be very useful...I will store it in my pocket realm for safekeeping then if you don't mind...I also have some idea for how to get further evidence but that is best discussed in private."
The Quesitor said as she regarded you.

(OOC: To be fair in this game it have been mostly the Nephandi's fault. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 pm

"If you say so Mr Steed though from what I have heard the future is not a set thing. I hope you are right though, and your wife sounds like an...interesting woman."
Erin said and she raised an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "Very true - but the closer to the precise now the future events are, the more certain they become. I would not trust events two months in the future to occur precisely as I have foreseen, but information on events taking place five minutes in the future is quite reliable. And my wife-to-be is... quite fascinating, yes. Highly determined, you could say."

"I guess I could go for both, then again what have royalty really done to be revered for other than be born into a certain family? It seams that a monachy would be the oposite of a meritocrazy where someone are honored for who their daddy is rather than what they acomplish for themselves."
Anna said and frowned.
He gave Anna a proud grin, "Mostly, you would be right about that, but weakling kings who never actually accomplished anything on their own have generally not lasted long or been particularly well remembered in the history books. However, I am so going to tell you all about Britain's own princes - Charles, and his sons William and Harry. All three qualified military pilots, just like me. Though, admittedly, of the three only Harry has an actual war record. Not all royals are wastrels, even today."

"I will be careful with them Mentor."
Anna promised and she looked down at the gloves.
"Yeah a pair a little bit smaller would be nice though I do not think I will need a pair of gloves."
He smiled thinly, "You'll find gloves quite useful from time to time, sweetie... you might not need them on a daily basis, but Boston usually drops below freezing in the winter months."

"Udella glanced at the letter and nodded.
"On it's own I do not think it will do much good it might be enough to to get a preliminary investigation going but nothing more, after all this was written by an enemy so in a trial defence would just claim it is an attemnt to take down two powerful Traditionalists, as a piece adding to the evidence pile though it might be very useful...I will store it in my pocket realm for safekeeping then if you don't mind...I also have some idea for how to get further evidence but that is best discussed in private."
The Quesitor said as she regarded you.
He nodded, "Agreed. I was not aware the chap was a Fallen Traditionalist, though - that might lend a little more credibility to the letter, if records of him can be recovered."

((OOC: So, D&D tomorrow. The heroic party will cross paths with a poor, widowed farmer who's only trying to raise a daughter on his own. Well, more like reanimate, but he doesn't quite know the distinction... Razz )
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:31 pm

"Good job mea filius I will make sure the spirit is gone, please go and find Master Nassa or Dr Wong, quickly if we can get them here soon enough Dr Lee might still be saved." Jeffry said as he crossed the floor to check on Theodora

By the time the spirit was sent back to where it belonged, he thought he was about to pass out; his entire body was shaking. Running up or down the stairs to find a doctor was not high on his list of things he thought he would be able to do in time for them to be useful. He remembered Fran being upstairs and ran through who else might be close by the makeshift ward to call he could call Bruce or Serge for Master Nassa downstairs as well. He grabbed his phone with an unsteady hand and began dialing for help, then went over to his cabalmate to see if he could apply any of the lessons the doctor gave him earlier lessons to stop him from bleeding out.

// lol Warp

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Serge's Post:

An annoyed 'Hmph!' on being part of that category as she continued to eat.

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'I know the deal, anything that comes in gets the once-over.'
she replied. 'But what the hell do you expect when I'm supposed to get my own gear? Ain't like I've got a rich Daddy, me. Doing this gig is costing me a bomb.' quickly polishing off her bowl as though it was nothing more than a light snack.

Anja's Post:

'Shit I would prefer to unsee.' was all that she said, finishing her food. Then she rose from the chair and stretched out her limbs. 'Thanks.' taking the bowl and giving Darrian a nod. 'Serge... can you drive?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:46 pm

Strawberry seamed very impressed she looked at you and grinned then she considered for a moment.
"Can you make the little girl who used to take care of me? I really miss her."
The little werrat requested.

"That would be harder but I could do that. But remember she won't last forever. As soon as I leave she'll be gone again. Is that OK with you?" Serge warned.

"Vegtables are tasty as well, other than peas, they make me ill."
Strawberry commented.

"All vegetables are the worst. Can't think of any reason that I'd them over literally anything else."

"They might have but I suspect they had regular weapons, some of them enchanted. The simple is often the best, such a flesh gun would cause allot of Paradox there are no reason to bring that on when a regular gun will work just as well. As for the Labyrinth, it is...as bad as they say, a hellhole of corruption and pain."
Darrian said darkly.

"So exactly what you'd expect." Serge said with a shrug not sure what else he was expecting out of a Nephandi labyrinth. "A flesh gun could've been a cool defense tool in the Labyrinth. It might not be as paradoxical within the Labyrinth and would've cause more psychological horror."

'Shit I would prefer to unsee.' was all that she said, finishing her food. Then she rose from the chair and stretched out her limbs. 'Thanks.' taking the bowl and giving Darrian a nod. 'Serge... can you drive?'

"Err...n-no." Serge said nervously as if he wished that wasn't true. "I took a couple of lessons before coming here but I never got around to getting my license. Why do you ask?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next