Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 11 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:32 pm

"You can call me Dion if you like Sir, after all you do outrank me." The Chorister said then she sigh.

"As you wish, Ms Dion."

"I...guess I am not allright right now but I will be, nearly getting killed and loosing several of my spirit allies have been ha hard strike, but with time to process it all I will be fine, thank you for asking about me."

He nodded. "It was a difficult battle. It is important to remember our ephemeral allies as well, that fought with us and ceased to be in existance. If it is any consolation, we managed to help some of the beneficial spirits that the Nephandi had trapped or enslaved."

"Ah yes off course go right ahead they are in the room on the right if you remember." She said and gestured towards the Danbrocks' door.

"Thank you," he said with a nod and went over to knock on the door.

Adley

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 11 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:45 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"That must have been horrible Mentor."
Anna said softly and she gave you a concerned look.
Colin smiled thinly, "It was. It kept terrifying me for years, any time I saw a sudden movement in the corner of my eye, or heard a sudden loud noise... but, the dread and shock of it has been cut out and sealed away, all that remains is the clear memory, as though I watch a movie..."

"Yeah I know Mentor, I do not want to get another little tail to deal with."
Your young apprentice said and frowned.
He chuckled, "Oh, I don't know - you could do a lot of adorable monkey impersonations with that..."
He shook his head, "Ah, I'm teasing... no, we don't want any unusual outgrowths. A tail would be... lucky."

"That is allot of food for breakfast Mentor."
Anna commented.
"But it do sound delicious."
He shrugged slightly, "Not necessarily a lot, though I will grant that the bun and the beans are more recent additions... The traditional Full English breakfast is just the sausages, bacon, and eggs, and that's how it's been since the middle ages. One needs a solid start on the day, after all, and you are quite correct in that too sugary a breakfast will burn you out sooner."

You got a reply back.
"To: CW
"I will send someone if possible but I can not promise anything at this time. I will let A know. Please take care of yourself and be well.
JM."
He smiled wryly and replied, 'I understand; wish everyone good health for me. I will remember to have future me come provide cover fire from some suitable vantage point, if necessary. Try not to get too much of a headache from the idea.'

((OOC: Letting Lily get her hands on Serge would be a horrible idea. And on that note, do you think it would be possible to have Serge help Colin sort through a few memories of today that he won't want to keep? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am

Anja's Post:

A short silence before Nicole replied. 'Dunno... always had someone out to get me. Just that now I'm bigger, so are They.'

Anja's Post:

A slight shudder at the ways Thorn did his thing, but focused on the job at hand; losing the tail. Putting the foot to the floor, banking on the Victoria's excellent acceleration to at least keep the distance between the two even. A long route around the lot, ideally in a manner which didn't offer any means of short-cuts for the Mirrorshades. Then out back into normal traffic, to make a beeline for the nearest freeway junction - the best way to lose any tail.

As soon as they hit a decent stretch of straight tarmac in the lot, time to flick that unassuming switch on the central column to to show that this "tired" sedan was no bark and all bite...

[Attempting 'Overboost']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven 5 in th afternoon.)

"As you wish, Ms Dion."

He nodded. "It was a difficult battle. It is important to remember our ephemeral allies as well, that fought with us and ceased to be in existance. If it is any consolation, we managed to help some of the beneficial spirits that the Nephandi had trapped or enslaved."

"I is a comfort Sir that spirits in the Labyrinth where saved. I hope they will be well. I still miss the spirits I used to work with though and they are not just magick they are...beings that think and feel, but I guess death is part of their existence just as it is for us."
The Chorister said and nodded sadly.

"Thank you," he said with a nod and went over to knock on the door.

Mr Danbrock opened the door and glanced outside seeing you he gave you a measured nod.
"Good evening..."
He said then he looked concerned.
"Are there any news about our son?"

[Colin] (On the road in Chicago at 6 30 in the afternoon)

Colin smiled thinly, "It was. It kept terrifying me for years, any time I saw a sudden movement in the corner of my eye, or heard a sudden loud noise... but, the dread and shock of it has been cut out and sealed away, all that remains is the clear memory, as though I watch a movie..."

"Is that why you understand my fears Mentor, that you do not think them silly for you know how it is to be afraid?"
Anna asked then she nodded.
"Some things are probably better remembered as something seen in a movie than something experienced."
She whispered with a serious look on her face and she looked away.

He chuckled, "Oh, I don't know - you could do a lot of adorable monkey impersonations with that..."
He shook his head, "Ah, I'm teasing... no, we don't want any unusual outgrowths. A tail would be... lucky."

Anna stuck out her tounge at you.
"Yeah I could grow eyes where I don't want them, or worse, you did see Doc in the Labyrinth I assume."
The young Nephandus said and frowned.

He shrugged slightly, "Not necessarily a lot, though I will grant that the bun and the beans are more recent additions... The traditional Full English breakfast is just the sausages, bacon, and eggs, and that's how it's been since the middle ages. One needs a solid start on the day, after all, and you are quite correct in that too sugary a breakfast will burn you out sooner."

"Usually I have a fried egg and toast for breakfast, sometimes with a bit of bacon and a glass of juice."
Anna said.
"But the dish you describe do sound delicious I would want to try it."
The young mage said and grinned.

He smiled wryly and replied, 'I understand; wish everyone good health for me. I will remember to have future me come provide cover fire from some suitable vantage point, if necessary. Try not to get too much of a headache from the idea.'

You get a reply back.
You forget our Primus is a Cabalmate of mine I am quite used to time irregularities. Be Well for now.
JM."

The cab by now stopped at the Mac Allister building.
"Here we are Sir."
The driver asked and she asked for the same in fare as it had cost to get to Morningstar.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 5 in the afternoon.)

A short silence before Nicole replied. 'Dunno... always had someone out to get me. Just that now I'm bigger, so are They.'

"I guess it is always a struggle to stay alive."
The Technocrat muttered and frowned.

A slight shudder at the ways Thorn did his thing, but focused on the job at hand; losing the tail. Putting the foot to the floor, banking on the Victoria's excellent acceleration to at least keep the distance between the two even. A long route around the lot, ideally in a manner which didn't offer any means of short-cuts for the Mirrorshades. Then out back into normal traffic, to make a beeline for the nearest freeway junction - the best way to lose any tail.

As soon as they hit a decent stretch of straight tarmac in the lot, time to flick that unassuming switch on the central column to to show that this "tired" sedan was no bark and all bite...

The tired old, but well cared for car shot forwards with great speed, allowing you to get quite a bit of road between you and the dark red car, then you noticed the other car sort of slowing down as if it had engine trouble and Thorn gave a satisfied grin at that as he put his life awat again. It seamed your tinkering with your car what whatever Thorn had done had given you and oppertunity for escape.

(OOC: Sege can delete memories but it would be easier to make someone willingly supress them.)

(OOC 2 I do think that was Nicole's first spell of the game, everyone else have been using magick left and right but she have used her gun. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 am

The wounded man looked at you confused.
"This is my mother's kitchen!"
De declared stubbornly, wanting it to be so, wanting to be somewhere safe.
"And no let us not talk more about the evil woman I do not want to think about her, I want to pretend that she don't exist."
He whimpered.

"Right right! Sorry. This world will become what you want it to be." Serge said wryly. "My world looks like it came out of a medieval fantasy novel so I tend to use those sorts of analogies when describing these things. Although I have wanted to create a sci-fi section...."

The fridge was full of all the things someone hiding out in their own mind might want to fill it with, there where milk, cake, jello, pie and vanilla sause in there.
"My name? You are going to luagh...it is Bernard, it was my grandfather's name."
The wounded man said as he set the table.

"Are you kidding me. That's an awesome name! It sounds so official." Serge said as he reached into the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk.

"Not to mention it's an actual name. My name is a verb with a letter switched out." he said laughing as he walked over to the cabinets to get some glasses.

He brought the glasses and milk over to the carton and helped Bernard set up the table, arranging the glasses in their proper places for a meal for two.

(OOC: Hey a movie star is a movie star right Razz )

(OOC2: Serge would be happy to help to take those memories off of Colin! A Hero valiantly 'sacrificing' himself to take down the monster and save his comrades. Serge would eat that right up.  Granted the pain and suffering and existential dread of the caul would likely drive him insane but that's a small price to pay for a good movie right  Razz )

(OOC3: Didn't Nicole use Deadaim a bunch?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven 5 in the afternoon.)

"Right right! Sorry. This world will become what you want it to be." Serge said wryly. "My world looks like it came out of a medieval fantasy novel so I tend to use those sorts of analogies when describing these things. Although I have wanted to create a sci-fi section...."

"I want it to be real for this to me my mother's kitchen and that nothing bad have happened!"
The wounded man said.
"I do not want a science fiction section I just want to feel safe!"

"Are you kidding me. That's an awesome name! It sounds so official." Serge said as he reached into the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk.

Bernard smiled a little.
"Really? Most think the name sound silly and old, but my mother insisted and naming me after my grandfather."
He explained.

"Not to mention it's an actual name. My name is a verb with a letter switched out." he said laughing as he walked over to the cabinets to get some glasses.

"I think Serge sounds cool, it is a good name."
Bernard said, you noticed that there was a pot of spagetti and a pan of metballs in sauce on the table now, filling the room with their familliar smell.

He brought the glasses and milk over to the carton and helped Bernard set up the table, arranging the glasses in their proper places for a meal for two.

Bernard sat down and indicated you could do the same.
"Let us have dinner."
The wounded man said as he accepted the glass of milk.
"I hope you like pasta and meatballs."

(OOC: Ah yes off course it slipped my mind. She did that allot.)
(OOC 2: Lily is pleased to hear that Serge want to be her movie star. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:11 am

Anja's Post:

'And off we go on our adventure.' Nicole quipped, flipping the auxiliary tank off on exiting the lot and back onto the road. 'If you could check Shade over for any tracking bugs or the like, that would be good. That tail got us rather too quick for my liking.'

[She's used 'Deadaim' loads, 'Fifth Limb' 2-3 times and ran a 'condition scan' on her PDA to check the ship crystals once. She's not had time to 'prepare' for much else Science-wise - she's not even unpacked yet!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:35 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Is that why you understand my fears Mentor, that you do not think them silly for you know how it is to be afraid?"
Anna asked then she nodded.
"Some things are probably better remembered as something seen in a movie than something experienced."
She whispered with a serious look on her face and she looked away.
Colin nodded, "I know what it's like when fear twists your ability to think rationally, when sheer irrational terror makes you want to hide, curl up in a ball, and throw up, and you don't even know which order to do it in, all because someone flashed a lighter or something similar just on the edge of your vision... It is not silly, and there's no shame in asking for help when you cannot climb out of that hole on your own... and some things should not even be remembered as a movie, far less as personal experience..."
He smiled thinly, "Fortunately, I know there's someone else in Boston who knows your fear - a girl around your own age - and you will be able to help one another heal."

Anna stuck out her tounge at you.
"Yeah I could grow eyes where I don't want them, or worse, you did see Doc in the Labyrinth I assume."
The young Nephandus said and frowned.
He frowned and nodded, "Yes, I know a brave young man who had to have an extra eye removed from his leg... and I've seen too many unpleasant mutations in both the Chicago and Boston Labyrinth today."

"Usually I have a fried egg and toast for breakfast, sometimes with a bit of bacon and a glass of juice."
Anna said.
"But the dish you describe do sound delicious I would want to try it."
The young mage said and grinned.
He smiled, "Oh, you certainly will get to try it. Repeatedly."

You get a reply back.
You forget our Primus is a Cabalmate of mine I am quite used to time irregularities. Be Well for now.
JM."
He chuckled and replied, 'I remember. Familiarity is no guarantee against headaches. Be well, and get some well deserved rest. Has Master Tolle arrived yet?'

The cab by now stopped at the Mac Allister building.
"Here we are Sir."
The driver asked and she asked for the same in fare as it had cost to get to Morningstar.
He pocketed his phone and took out his wallet, quickly counting out the fare and a decent tip, and handed the cash over to the driver, "Thank you, ma'am."
He glanced back at Udella and Anna as he got out, "Well, then, let me give you a hand."
He stepped out and opened the rear door, offering Udella and Anna a hand.

((OOC: I'm off to Atlanticon today - will be offline until sometime Sunday. Should be enough time to let most of the group catch up with Colin time-wise. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 am

Bernard smiled a little.
"Really? Most think the name sound silly and old, but my mother insisted and naming me after my grandfather."
He explained.

"I think it's cool. Sorta like passing on a family legacy." Serge said with a smile. "I've always been a fan of that. You always see it in shows and movies. I didn't know much about my family so I've always envied those who were close to there extended families."

"I think Serge sounds cool, it is a good name."
Bernard said, you noticed that there was a pot of spagetti and a pan of metballs in sauce on the table now, filling the room with their familliar smell.

"I think my last name is cooler though. Yager...." Serge said, speaking his last name out loud to get a feel for it. "Replace the 'Y' with a 'J' and you get the German word for hunter. I always thought that was a neat fact."

Bernard sat down and indicated you could do the same.
"Let us have dinner."
The wounded man said as he accepted the glass of milk.
"I hope you like pasta and meatballs."

Serge sat down and poured himself a glass of milk as well. "Who doesn't like pasta and meatballs?" he quipped humorously as he brought helped himself to a large plate of the Italian delicacy.

He ate his food and looked at his surroundings diligently. Any change in their surroundings was a good indicator of Bernard's emotional state. As he looked around, Serge asked "How's it taste? Just like you remember?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:34 am

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston 5 in the afternoon.)

'And off we go on our adventure.' Nicole quipped, flipping the auxiliary tank off on exiting the lot and back onto the road. 'If you could check Shade over for any tracking bugs or the like, that would be good. That tail got us rather too quick for my liking.'

"They have to be tracking our friend somehow."
Thorn said.
"But when the Nephandi captured me they cut my tracher out."
James protested and he trouched his neck and winced.
"I suspect there are another."
Thorn said, he used some of the blood he had spilled and drew a symbol on te palm of his hand and held his palm out towards the former Technocrat.
"There is something in his lower, left arm...I am not sure exactly what."
The Verbena said but the Technocrat shook his head.
"But...they said that was a vaccine, that a illness had broken out among the Deviants on Horizon and everyone in the Construct needed to be inoculated against it."
He protested.
"There are no epidemic on Horizon that I know of."
Thorn said and he shook his head.

(OOC: I even made the Arete rolls for those effects. I had a brain fart, it happens when I post before I have had my morning coffee. Razz )

[Serge] (Steelhaven 5 in the afternoon.)

"I think it's cool. Sorta like passing on a family legacy." Serge said with a smile. "I've always been a fan of that. You always see it in shows and movies. I didn't know much about my family so I've always envied those who were close to there extended families."

"I guess so, my grandfather where a nice guy from what little I remember about him, he died when I was five, other kids gave me a hard time about my name though."
Bernard said and sigh.
"But I guess kids always do."

"I think my last name is cooler though. Yager...." Serge said, speaking his last name out loud to get a feel for it. "Replace the 'Y' with a 'J' and you get the German word for hunter. I always thought that was a neat fact."

"Yeah that is a pretty cool last name. My last name is pretty boring, it is Elliot., Bernard Elliot that is me."
The wounded man said and shrugged.
"Pretty boring I know."

Serge sat down and poured himself a glass of milk as well. "Who doesn't like pasta and meatballs?" he quipped humorously as he brought helped himself to a large plate of the Italian delicacy.

"Vegitarians I guess, but there are some alternatives one could make the meatballs out of brans."
Bernard said and he sipped his milk.

He ate his food and looked at his surroundings diligently. Any change in their surroundings was a good indicator of Bernard's emotional state. As he looked around, Serge asked "How's it taste? Just like you remember?"

The room was brigther now, and there less shadows in the corners.
"Yeah it tastes exactly as I remember. My mother used to make this dish when I was sad or for the weekends when we all ate together as a family."
Bernard said and he seamed to relax a little and he looked down at his plate.
"I guess that if I stay in here and never come out I will never see my mother again."
He muttered sadly.

Colin nodded, "I know what it's like when fear twists your ability to think rationally, when sheer irrational terror makes you want to hide, curl up in a ball, and throw up, and you don't even know which order to do it in, all because someone flashed a lighter or something similar just on the edge of your vision... It is not silly, and there's no shame in asking for help when you cannot climb out of that hole on your own... and some things should not even be remembered as a movie, far less as personal experience..."
He smiled thinly, "Fortunately, I know there's someone else in Boston who knows your fear - a girl around your own age - and you will be able to help one another heal."

Anna nodded at that.
"When I see needles I...get so scared...I am back in Gabriel's torture chamber, I hear the screams I...I..."
She muttered and shivered then she seamed to cheer up a little.
"Another girl like me who are afraid of needles? It would be nice to talk with someone who understand."
She agreed with a weak smile.

He frowned and nodded, "Yes, I know a brave young man who had to have an extra eye removed from his leg... and I've seen too many unpleasant mutations in both the Chicago and Boston Labyrinth today."

"I do not think I would like to have an eye grow out somewhere strange or get tentacles or anything, and I know Paradox will harm me more than you for reality do not like me Mentor."
The young mage said and sigh.
"I will be careful."

He smiled, "Oh, you certainly will get to try it. Repeatedly."

Anna grinned at that.

He chuckled and replied, 'I remember. Familiarity is no guarantee against headaches. Be well, and get some well deserved rest. Has Master Tolle arrived yet?'

You got a reply back.
"To CW
From JM
Master Tolle have arrived I am having a meeting with him shortly about requesting him to defend Kyle. Until then Mr Wainwright I have tasks to see to.
Be Well
JM."

He pocketed his phone and took out his wallet, quickly counting out the fare and a decent tip, and handed the cash over to the driver, "Thank you, ma'am."
He glanced back at Udella and Anna as he got out, "Well, then, let me give you a hand."
He stepped out and opened the rear door, offering Udella and Anna a hand.

"Thank you very much Mr Steed, you and your party have a nice evening now."
The driver said as you helped Anna and Udella out of the taxi.
"Goodbye Ma'am."
Anna said to the driver and Udella smiled.
"Yes have a plesant evening."
She said before she left the car.

(OOC: Have a nice time Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
Anna nodded at that.
"When I see needles I...get so scared...I am back in Gabriel's torture chamber, I hear the screams I...I..."
She muttered and shivered then she seamed to cheer up a little.
"Another girl like me who are afraid of needles? It would be nice to talk with someone who understand."
She agreed with a weak smile.
Colin smiled, "Apparently, she has been talking about you for some time, too - she's a Chronomancer, too."

"I do not think I would like to have an eye grow out somewhere strange or get tentacles or anything, and I know Paradox will harm me more than you for reality do not like me Mentor."
The young mage said and sigh.
"I will be careful."
He nodded, "Good... while we do have excellent healers at Steelhaven, those strange mutations do seem a little more difficult to treat, especially magically..."

"Thank you very much Mr Steed, you and your party have a nice evening now."
The driver said as you helped Anna and Udella out of the taxi.
"Goodbye Ma'am."
Anna said to the driver and Udella smiled.
"Yes have a plesant evening."
She said before she left the car.
He nodded, "You too, ma'am."
As the taxi drove off, he turned to Anna and Udella, "So, are you ready to meet an urban legend? Oh, and Master Tolle has arrived; Chief Morgan is consulting with him on a separate matter while they wait."
He gently lead Anna into the building and over to the elevator, "Time to play the elevator game..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Colin smiled, "Apparently, she has been talking about you for some time, too - she's a Chronomancer, too."

"She sounds interesting. I should have made her a gift as well, perhaps I will make her a necklace. If you have any crimps I could use that clear tubing and put translucent beads on them and they wpuld look like beads of water that just hang on the skin, that might look cool."
Anna said and smiled.

He nodded, "Good... while we do have excellent healers at Steelhaven, those strange mutations do seem a little more difficult to treat, especially magically..."

"Most wounds caused by Paradox are hard to do anything with by using magick, when they removed my tail they could not even use magick to numb the area, and I was to afraid to let them use needles so Cotta was called in and she touched my cheek and I went to sleep, after they cut the tail of it had to heal on it's own and that hurt, I had to sit on a donut shaped pillow for a long time and take little pills that made me funny in the head so it would not hurt so much and other pills to make sure it did not become infected it did not really work though and I got sick since the wound where so close to well my bum and I got a high feber Gabriel was really stressed I could tell he was scared and they could not heal it, they tried but the tail was caused by Paradox so it did not work. Gabriel even promised me any book I wanted if I would only allow Doc to give me a shot with antibiotics, I knew I was really sick but I just could not do it...I think that scared Gabriel but he did not force me. I did get better though and the cut healed but I still have a scar where the tail was."
Anna said and nodded.
"So yeah Paradox is sucky."

He nodded, "You too, ma'am."
As the taxi drove off, he turned to Anna and Udella, "So, are you ready to meet an urban legend? Oh, and Master Tolle has arrived; Chief Morgan is consulting with him on a separate matter while they wait."

"An urban legend Mentor?"
Anna asked and she looked confused.
"Is that like the ghost stories that have always happened to the friend of someone's cousin?"

He gently lead Anna into the building and over to the elevator, "Time to play the elevator game..."

"The Elevator game Mentor? How do we play?"
Your young apprentice asked.

(OOC: I went to play some MtG today, no one likes my white control deck.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:35 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a hollow chuckle, continuing to drive - fast, but not too fast to get any cop attention. 'Sounds like HQ suspects even their own now. Yet... why would they do this? And if they had a trace, why didn't they hit us earlier in the shop? Or even the Fallen base itself?' ending with a frown.

'Can you get rid of it?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:06 pm

"I is a comfort Sir that spirits in the Labyrinth where saved. I hope they will be well. I still miss the spirits I used to work with though and they are not just magick they are...beings that think and feel, but I guess death is part of their existence just as it is for us."

"Yes, they are beings in their own right. I share your sentiment for those that I have worked with and that are not malevolent to us. I have been taught to treat them as well as I can and not exploit them. They don't seem to have the same sense of time as us, they are, or are not.

Mr Danbrock opened the door and glanced outside seeing you he gave you a measured nod. "Good evening..." He said then he looked concerned. "Are there any news about our son?"

"Good evening. I do have some news, if I might come in and speak with you both?" he requested.

// Have fun at con, Warp!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston 5 in the afternoon.)

Nicole gave a hollow chuckle, continuing to drive - fast, but not too fast to get any cop attention. 'Sounds like HQ suspects even their own now. Yet... why would they do this? And if they had a trace, why didn't they hit us earlier in the shop? Or even the Fallen base itself?' ending with a frown.

"I...I do not understand, if command wanted to place a secondary tracker I would have consented to it."
The former Technocrat protested.
"I do not know the answers to your questions Miss, perhaps they finally have realied I am not coming home or perhaps they think you are holding me prisoner and are trying to rescue me?"
He suggjested.

'Can you get rid of it?'

"It is not deep, I can cut it out without doing much damage and what damage there is I can heal."
Thorn said and James whimpered.
"I have been cut into so much I don't...don't...please don't..."
He muttered clearly he was near panicing again.

"Yes, they are beings in their own right. I share your sentiment for those that I have worked with and that are not malevolent to us. I have been taught to treat them as well as I can and not exploit them. They don't seem to have the same sense of time as us, they are, or are not.

"No most spirits have little understanding of time but they are alive, and they probably think we are as alien as we think them."
Dion said and she smiled a little.
"Often they are easier to work with than physical pepole for they are so honest about what they are, they are their purpose, perfect in their being."

"Good evening. I do have some news, if I might come in and speak with you both?" he requested.

Mr Danbrock immediatly looked concerned but he nodded and moved to the side to let you into the room.
"Yes off course, please come in."
He said. The attic guest rooms where simple, one chamber and a small bath to one side, this room contained a bed, a table with two chairs, a desk and a dresser. Under the window on a old, blue cabinet stood a electric collage room mini stove. The walls where blue painted wood panel, a white and blue rug where on the floor and a home made looking felt lay over the bed, it was a simple room, but a comfortable enough one. Mrs Danbrock had been sitting in one of the chairs, she stood when you entered.
"Mr Roth Hicks, is there any news about Raymond, please is my son okey?"
The true believer asked with a desperation in her voice.
"Please let us talk with our son, he must be terrified, please let us talk with him what have you done to him?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Just thinking aloud, me.' Nicole replied. 'Not expecting any answers to it or anything.'

Anja's Post:

'Rock and hard place, this is.' she replied, keeping her eye on any new tails. 'If it's not removed, the Union will pick you up. Might as well skip the running bit, turn this car 'round and drop you off at the Port.'

'The one doing it is the guy who fixed you up, helped sort out your running gear. Has he hurt you in any way?'

[Fun things are fun!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:54 pm

"No most spirits have little understanding of time but they are alive, and they probably think we are as alien as we think them." Dion said and she smiled a little. "Often they are easier to work with than physical pepole for they are so honest about what they are, they are their purpose, perfect in their being."

"As long as I'm not trying to explain why I can't be perfect now, or do everything now, yes I find their directness sometimes refreshing. The ones I've been able to discuss the matter seem to find us quite bizarre," he said with a faint smile. "If your friends were doing their duty right to their end, then perhaps it can be said that they at least satisfied their purpose right until that now."

Mr Danbrock immediatly looked concerned but he nodded and moved to the side to let you into the room.
"Yes off course, please come in." He said.
Mrs Danbrock had been sitting in one of the chairs, she stood when you entered. "Mr Roth Hicks, is there any news about Raymond, please is my son okey?" The true believer asked with a desperation in her voice. "Please let us talk with our son, he must be terrified, please let us talk with him what have you done to him?"

He was expecting the onslaught of worry and held up his hands in a placating gesture then took out the wax tablet to write.  "Please calm down, if you can so I can answer your questions," he said as he wrote. He was given a serum to contain his powers for the time being but we've tried not to harm him. There have been some things that have happened that were unexpected but he is doing alright considering it all. He has been offered and accepted an apprenticeship with the Order, with my own pater in particular. He is a renown magus, with good standing. We feel that he will have a good chance of surviving intact, given his good conduct and legal precedent. Right now, he's more or less been freed but under supervision since he is an apprentice. He will be given a room and he's had something to eat with our pater and they're having a bit of a lesson. We will try to get him legal assistance, for there will still need to be a trial, but all is not hopeless. Please do call him by his apprentice name, Kyle, from now on as the knowledge of even part of his given name can be a powerful thing to know in certain hands and it is our best interest not to share that knowledge. Where mage law is concerned, he is my pater's magickal son but we should work together so that we can give Kyle a good transition, since he's still a minor under mundane law. All of these details will need to be discussed once the aftermath of our immediate crises are dealt with.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 pm

"As long as I'm not trying to explain why I can't be perfect now, or do everything now, yes I find their directness sometimes refreshing. The ones I've been able to discuss the matter seem to find us quite bizarre," he said with a faint smile. "If your friends were doing their duty right to their end, then perhaps it can be said that they at least satisfied their purpose right until that now."

"My friends where destroyed while they performed their purpose and while they protected Steelhaven, I do think they satisfied their purpose Sir, but it is still sad, that they are gone and it makes me wonder if spirits get an afterlife...do you think that they do Sir?"
The young Chorister said.
"At times it can be hard to make spirits understand us, but they aremarvelous are they not, we are blessed to be able to see them and interact with them."

He was expecting the onslaught of worry and held up his hands in a placating gesture then took out the wax tablet to write. "Please calm down, if you can so I can answer your questions," he said as he wrote. He was given a serum to contain his powers for the time being but we've tried not to harm him. There have been some things that have happened that were unexpected but he is doing alright considering it all.

Both of the Danbrocks looked somewhat confused that you where writing out what you wanted to say but they went along with it. Mrs Danbrock looked very concerned.
"What do that mean Mr Roth Hicks that something unexpectant have happened? Have something happened to Raymond? And this serum have it hurt him?"
The woman asked fearfully.

He has been offered and accepted an apprenticeship with the Order, with my own pater in particular. He is a renown magus, with good standing. We feel that he will have a good chance of surviving intact, given his good conduct and legal precedent. Right now, he's more or less been freed but under supervision since he is an apprentice. He will be given a room and he's had something to eat with our pater and they're having a bit of a lesson. We will try to get him legal assistance, for there will still need to be a trial, but all is not hopeless.

"He have been offered and apprenticeship? What will that mean for him Mr Roth Hicks? Do it means that he will not be...that he will not be..."
Mr Danbrock gave you a concerned and angry look.
"I know what the Traditions do to children like my son, I have spent nearly ten years trying to keep him away from you lot, what is going to happen to him now?"
The hedge wizard demanded.
"Please just let my son go...please he have done no wrong!"

Please do call him by his apprentice name, Kyle, from now on as the knowledge of even part of his given name can be a powerful thing to know in certain hands and it is our best interest not to share that knowledge.

Mrs Danbrock had been calm until now but this set her of and she pointed at you, so angry she was red in her face.
"How dare you? How dare you take my son, terrify him, drug him, imprison him, and now take his name away. I gave him the name Raymond! It is a good name. I bore him, I gave birth to him, I comforted him when he cried, I changed his diapers and sat with him through every childhood illness. I am his mother how dare you take him from me? You and your damned Traditions you are the reason why my husband had to teach our son how to kill himself in a way that is hard to heal, you are the reason why we made him read those horrible sections in a series of books that have something similar to what your bloody Traditions will do to him, we made him read it again, and again and again so he would be scared enough not to slip up, not hesitate to kill himself if he was ever caught....and I sat with him when he had nightmares about what he read. When Raymond got a mutation in his leg...and eye, we could not risk letting him keep it, if anyone saw it, then it might lead the Technocrazy or the Traditions to him, so my husband held our little boy down while I cut the extra eye out of his leg with a sharped spoon and then carved the wound up so that no one would be able to guess that what had been there, and all the while we did this Raymond were screaming, begging and then convulsing in pain...we could not get ahold of any proper painkillers you see so he felt every cut until he finally...mercifully fainted. Later I washed my son's blood and urine of the table and I did that...mutilated my boy to keep him safe from you. I did all that I am his mother, I kept him safe and now you dare to even try take his name? You...have...no...right!"
The woman screamed at you, she was so angry she was shaking.
"You just have no right."
She repeated and then all that rage seamed tofissle out into despair and she just sank down into her chair sobbing.

Where mage law is concerned, he is my pater's magickal son but we should work together so that we can give Kyle a good transition, since he's still a minor under mundane law. All of these details will need to be discussed once the aftermath of our immediate crises are dealt with.'

Mr Danbrock put a hand on his wife's shoulder and he fixed you with a stern look.
"Mr Roth Hicks if my son can get a chance to...avoid...the unsual fate of his kind in the Traditions' hands, and what's more he have a chance to stop running, then I welcome that and I also welcome him getting a teacher, there is only so much I can teach him, our magic is so different, however me and my wife is not goign to transition out of my son's life, we are his parents and we will stay his parents, we will be a part of his life, we are going nowhere!"
He declared sharply.

'Just thinking aloud, me.' Nicole replied. 'Not expecting any answers to it or anything.'

"O...ok I wish I could be of more help though Miss."
The former Technocrat said.

'Rock and hard place, this is.' she replied, keeping her eye on any new tails. 'If it's not removed, the Union will pick you up. Might as well skip the running bit, turn this car 'round and drop you off at the Port.'

'The one doing it is the guy who fixed you up, helped sort out your running gear. Has he hurt you in any way?'

"N...no he...have not hurt me...but I...I can't I can't take anymore...you don't know what was done to me in that lab."
James sobbed and he broke down crying. Thorn sigh and he put his hand gently on the Technocrat's arm.
"I am not going to force you James...but if we do not do this then you will be captured. I can promise you though that it will not hurt, I will numb the area, you will feel nothing."
The Verbena promised and the former Unionman shivered.
"I but...I...can't...I..."
Thorn shushed him as he gently took his arm and turned it so he could get to the tracker.
"You can tell me to stop and I will stop...for now though why don't you tell my friend here about the latest computer you built, you seamed to have experience with that...I am sure she would like to hear about it."
The Verbena said clearly wanting to find a way to distract James so he could get what needed to be done acomplished without the traumatized man going into a complete panic.
"You want to hear about a computer he built don't you Miss?"
Thorn asked you as he discreetly got his knife out of his pocket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Both of the Danbrocks looked somewhat confused that you where writing out what you wanted to say but they went along with it. Mrs Danbrock looked very concerned.
"What do that mean Mr Roth Hicks that something unexpectant have happened? Have something happened to Raymond? And this serum have it hurt him?"
The woman asked fearfully.

"We have found out some things about this serum, but we believe that he should be alright and he is not going to be given any more, which I will explain. He is very brave and saved many people's lives."

"He have been offered and apprenticeship? What will that mean for him Mr Roth Hicks? Do it means that he will not be...that he will not be..."
Mr Danbrock gave you a concerned and angry look.
"I know what the Traditions do to children like my son, I have spent nearly ten years trying to keep him away from you lot, what is going to happen to him now?"
The hedge wizard demanded.
"Please just let my son go...please he have done no wrong!"

"You know we cannot let him go, however as an apprentice he will be afforded a much better chance at his trial. Please, let me finish. The reason I'm writing is that this is private information and my voice will carry down the hall," he said.

Mrs Danbrock had been calm until now but this set her of and she pointed at you, so angry she was red in her face.
"How dare you? How dare you take my son, terrify him, drug him, imprison him, and now take his name away. I gave him the name Raymond! It is a good name. I bore him, I gave birth to him, I comforted him when he cried, I changed his diapers and sat with him through every childhood illness. I am his mother how dare you take him from me? You and your damned Traditions you are the reason why my husband had to teach our son how to kill himself in a way that is hard to heal, you are the reason why we made him read those horrible sections in a series of books that have something similar to what your bloody Traditions will do to him, we made him read it again, and again and again so he would be scared enough not to slip up, not hesitate to kill himself if he was ever caught....and I sat with him when he had nightmares about what he read. When Raymond got a mutation in his leg...and eye, we could not risk letting him keep it, if anyone saw it, then it might lead the Technocrazy or the Traditions to him, so my husband held our little boy down while I cut the extra eye out of his leg with a sharped spoon and then carved the wound up so that no one would be able to guess that what had been there, and all the while we did this Raymond were screaming, begging and then convulsing in pain...we could not get ahold of any proper painkillers you see so he felt every cut until he finally...mercifully fainted. Later I washed my son's blood and urine of the table and I did that...mutilated my boy to keep him safe from you. I did all that I am his mother, I kept him safe and now you dare to even try take his name? You...have...no...right!"
The woman screamed at you, she was so angry she was shaking.
"You just have no right."
She repeated and then all that rage seamed tofissle out into despair and she just sank down into her chair sobbing.

The outburst was like being slapped in the face and he just stood there and took the abuse while seeing if his father was going to hex him on top of it all. "We are trying to protect him," he said finally. "If you shout his name to the treetops, you give any of those that listen and understand power over him. This name that he has been given is to protect him from those who would misuse the name /you/ gave him, for the name /you/ have given him is imbued with a great deal of power. That power is his own, yours and between himself and his mentor. I am not trying to take it away from him, I am trying to keep it from being misused against him by enemies. I am not trying to take it for myself, nor is my mentor. We understand you're scared and worried for your son, but we have been trying to protect him and this is the way we know to do that."

"Mr Roth Hicks if my son can get a chance to...avoid...the unsual fate of his kind in the Traditions' hands, and what's more he have a chance to stop running, then I welcome that and I also welcome him getting a teacher, there is only so much I can teach him, our magic is so different, however me and my wife is not goign to transition out of my son's life, we are his parents and we will stay his parents, we will be a part of his life, we are going nowhere!"

"I never said you were going to be kicked out of his life. I said that we'd need to work together. However, where mage law is concerned, this is the way it will be, because that is also what is affording him protection.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:31 pm

"I guess so, my grandfather where a nice guy from what little I remember about him, he died when I was five, other kids gave me a hard time about my name though."
Bernard said and sigh.
"But I guess kids always do."

"Those kinds of kids are the worst aren't they. I had my own fair share of problems with bullies. Not because of my name though. I was made fun of because I constantly talked with myself. I was a strange kid...." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Vegitarians I guess, but there are some alternatives one could make the meatballs out of brans."
Bernard said and he sipped his milk.

"Ahhh, vegetarians...also known as weirdos." Serge joked thinking about all of the nature witches and shamans who would skin him alive if they heard him say that.

The room was brigther now, and there less shadows in the corners.
"Yeah it tastes exactly as I remember. My mother used to make this dish when I was sad or for the weekends when we all ate together as a family."
Bernard said and he seamed to relax a little and he looked down at his plate.
"I guess that if I stay in here and never come out I will never see my mother again."
He muttered sadly.

"That's true. If you stay here you'll never see any of the people you once cared about. Of course, you could just recreate them from memory and talk with them in here." Serge said solemnly as he ate another spoonful of spaghetti. "But as much as I'd like to believe that memories and imagined thoughts of a person are just as good as the real thing, they really don't compare to seeing them in real life do they?"

He glanced up from his plate and looked at Bernard. "I'm sure your mom would love to see you again. She's probably worried about you. Your probably worried about her."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 am

Anja's Post:

'Eh?' Nicole said, not expecting to play a part in this - though caught on quickly. 'Admit I'm a bit curious, I am; how you lot do things on the other side of the street. Like do you suffer from the same lack of parts, prints and the like so folk have to go and get ripped off or have to buy a new one?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Those kinds of kids are the worst aren't they. I had my own fair share of problems with bullies. Not because of my name though. I was made fun of because I constantly talked with myself. I was a strange kid...." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Strange or not the other kids should have left you alone and not bullied you for that is just cruel."
The wounded man said.
"But I guess kids often are cruel and adults as well."

"Ahhh, vegetarians...also known as weirdos." Serge joked thinking about all of the nature witches and shamans who would skin him alive if they heard him say that.

"Well now let us not do the same as those cruel kids at school and make fun of those we may see as different from us. It is completely ok not choose not to eat meat, perhaps it is the kindest way to eat, but I would have a problem with giving up meat."
Bernard said and he frowned a little.

"That's true. If you stay here you'll never see any of the people you once cared about. Of course, you could just recreate them from memory and talk with them in here." Serge said solemnly as he ate another spoonful of spaghetti. "But as much as I'd like to believe that memories and imagined thoughts of a person are just as good as the real thing, they really don't compare to seeing them in real life do they?"

"Yeah...that is true it is not the same as in the outside world it is not the same as when it is real. But if I leave here then the horrible things will have happened, and I do not want them to have happened, I do not want to think about them and remember them and I do not want them to have happened for they are so terrible that if they have happened they would destroy me!"
Bernard said and he put his fork down, tears welling up in his eyes.

He glanced up from his plate and looked at Bernard. "I'm sure your mom would love to see you again. She's probably worried about you. Your probably worried about her."

"Yes my mom have to be wondering where I am and she is probably very worried and I do want to see her again but...I am scared to go outside...horrible things happens outside, in here it is safe."
The wounded man muttered and looked down.

'Eh?' Nicole said, not expecting to play a part in this - though caught on quickly. 'Admit I'm a bit curious, I am; how you lot do things on the other side of the street. Like do you suffer from the same lack of parts, prints and the like so folk have to go and get ripped off or have to buy a new one?'

"Yes and no. On one side members of the Union have accsess to the newest parts and can apply to be granted use of them in our duty, however the application process is rather...bogged down with red tape to sayit like that, we get some standard gear but often have to do favors to get anything beyond that. I usually build my computers from a combination of parts I buy in regular stores and manage to get from the Union, for example I happen to know just the kind to anime the Iteration X operative who run the equipment depot at our Construct favors, so slipping him a few blu rays might just see some parts my way."
James said and he smiled a little at that. You saw that the distraction seamed to be working, and so did Thorn's rote to numb James' arm for he was working on him and the skittish former Technocrat did not seam to notice.

"We have found out some things about this serum, but we believe that he should be alright and he is not going to be given any more, which I will explain. He is very brave and saved many people's lives."

"My son have saved lives?"
Mr Danbrock said and he smiled a little proudly.
"You seam to be deflecting what unexpected thing have happened that our son are okey despite of though Mr Roth Hicks."
Mrs Danbrock said but she sounded proud as well.

"You know we cannot let him go, however as an apprentice he will be afforded a much better chance at his trial. Please, let me finish. The reason I'm writing is that this is private information and my voice will carry down the hall," he said.

"Very well, finish but please tell me, what are Raymond's chances?
Mr Danbrock said and he sounded concerned.
"How will this trial be held?"

The outburst was like being slapped in the face and he just stood there and took the abuse while seeing if his father was going to hex him on top of it all. "We are trying to protect him," he said finally. "If you shout his name to the treetops, you give any of those that listen and understand power over him. This name that he has been given is to protect him from those who would misuse the name /you/ gave him, for the name /you/ have given him is imbued with a great deal of power. That power is his own, yours and between himself and his mentor. I am not trying to take it away from him, I am trying to keep it from being misused against him by enemies. I am not trying to take it for myself, nor is my mentor. We understand you're scared and worried for your son, but we have been trying to protect him and this is the way we know to do that."

"Is that true, can a name be used against someone?"
Kyle's mother asked and his father nodded.
"It is true my love."
He said. Mrs Danbrock chewed on her lip for a moment then she sigh.
"I am sorry Mr Roth Hicks I should not have gone of on you, I misunderstood, please forgive me."
She muttered apologetically.
"I guess hiding his birth name is acceptable then."

"I never said you were going to be kicked out of his life. I said that we'd need to work together. However, where mage law is concerned, this is the way it will be, because that is also what is affording him protection.

"As long as we are still a part of his life, that is acceptable, and we are willing to work together with your Mentor."
Mr Danbrock said then he frowned.
"How will my son be treated as this man's apprentice?"
He asked in a worried tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:44 am

'How many places sell proper parts these days?' Nicole replied, still watching out for any new tails, heading towards the freeway. 'And if they do, it's all "why do you need this" and "can we see ID". Done a proper number on the cops and politicos; a test tube leads to a meth lab and an electrical timer a bomb on a train. Then half the shit you can get has proprietary features all over; sorry, you'll need to pay $300 for this $10 bit 'cos we trademarked the fucking shape of the slot or type of screw.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 am

'How many places sell proper parts these days?' Nicole replied, still watching out for any new tails, heading towards the freeway. 'And if they do, it's all "why do you need this" and "can we see ID".

"Well since I mostly buy computer parts I do not get allot of questions as most assume I will build a computer with it. Sometimes when I get things like liquid metal for cooling some ask me if I know how to use it for you can very easilly mess up your whole computer if you do it wrong, the stuff errode most other metals after all, but other than that getting sleeper grade parts are not a problem if you can pay for them. Getting things from Union storehouses though are allot harder and then you better be ready to fill out allot of forms."
James explained. You did not see any new tails, at least not for now.

Done a proper number on the cops and politicos; a test tube leads to a meth lab and an electrical timer a bomb on a train. Then half the shit you can get has proprietary features all over; sorry, you'll need to pay $300 for this $10 bit 'cos we trademarked the fucking shape of the slot or type of screw.'

"I do not buy allot of test tubes and timers so I have not encountered that problem up until now, but I can imagine that it is anoying. How difficult consumer electronics are to repair though are irritating, for example a phone might have a ten dollar part wrong with it, but most of them are to difficult to open and replace that part without special tools and training, leading to allot of perfectly usable electronics having to be discarded needlessly."
The former Technocrat said and sigh.
"I suspect the Syndicate had a hand in that one, they have a bit of a conflict with Iteration X about it."

Thorn smiled and you saw him toss something tiny out the window and then he went to work on healing the tiny cut he had made in James's arm, the skittish former Union man seamed still to have not felt anything as the Verbena worked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:05 pm

"My son have saved lives?" Mr Danbrock said and he smiled a little proudly. "You seam to be deflecting what unexpected thing have happened that our son are okey despite of though Mr Roth Hicks."

"Some things are a matter of security and the whole tale would take a long time, but yes, he saved lives."

"Very well, finish but please tell me, what are Raymond's chances? Mr Danbrock said and he sounded concerned. "How will this trial be held?"

He added the answers into his writing. 'We think they are good. As far as I understand, it would be at Horizon since he is now a member of the Traditions but the details you can speak about with our mentor when things have settled down.'

"Is that true, can a name be used against someone?" Kyle's mother asked and his father nodded.
"It is true my love." He said. Mrs Danbrock chewed on her lip for a moment then she sigh. "I am sorry Mr Roth Hicks I should not have gone of on you, I misunderstood, please forgive me." She muttered apologetically. "I guess hiding his birth name is acceptable then."

A few bright spots appeared on his cheeks as the pair of them talked between themselves, not necessarily from embarrassement but from the flash of emotions that hit him. He looked warily between them, still expecting something more since it was not as if they had many reasons to trust him, but then nodded at her. "Good, I'm glad that's settled. I'm here to resolve any...misunderstandings. I'm not trying to make more of them."

"As long as we are still a part of his life, that is acceptable, and we are willing to work together with your Mentor." Mr Danbrock said then he frowned. "How will my son be treated as this man's apprentice?"

"I don't know exactly how things will work out, my mentor and you both will have to sit down and figure things out together. He's busy in the aftermath and sent me up to tell you what was going on. There will be things that Kyle will not be able to speak of as he grows up and learns our Tradition, but this is not different than between us and others in other Traditions, though we share much there are some things that are private knowledge or for security reasons. My mentor is a good man; I was his apprentice and he takes a progressive view of learning and discipline. Everything is intended to teach, not just to punish for misbehavior. He doesn't use rulers on knuckles if that's what you're asking, and he's never whipped me or laid a hand on me. His lessons are always constructive and meant to learn from mistakes. He is a fair man. But that doesn't mean it will be easy, mind."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next