Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 20 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 pm

[Boston Umbral Port, 7 PM]
"If our on techs are able to then analyze the data and verify it then yes I can accept that, but if te tech is not compatible with ours in any way and it just ends up being a Traditionalist's word that the scans are correct then we are just as far, for all we know there are completely different reasons why you would want these two men gone and are trying to use us to get rid of them."
Miss Tanner-Smith said sharply.
Colin nodded, "That is a reasonable concern... but if I merely wanted them dead, I would not have taken the effort to let them live during the rescue operation. Which, I might add, I had to pull off from the relative safety of a bloody Nephandi Battlecruiser while my colleagues were working their way through the wards to the Caul chamber of the damn place. The bullet I used on the redhead, mind you, had to be removed, because it is a special anti-Fallen material. I would give you that bullet, except I can't afford the chance you'll trace it to its origin."
He grimaced, "The guy tried to blow up my head like in one of those Scanners movies... said he found an app on Facebook or something..."

"Perhaps not Mr Steed but I will not be going against my superiors and try to get my Convention to leave the Union."
She said simply.
He nodded, "Of course. Loyalty is still a commendable trait."

"I did not know the serum had long term side effects Mr Steed."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she raised an eyebrow.
"The rest though unfortunatly I can not discuss with a Traditionalist."
He nodded, "Of course you can't - but I can afford to give you the warning, straight up."

"When it have been used it have been for short term restraints here at the docks but I will take it to my superiors that the serum might be dangerous long term."
Was all the Void Engineer said.
He nodded, "Of course, I expect most whom you keep on the serum for a few weeks are then... politely introduced to the Computer, which extricates the Primium-encapsulated gland in its entirety, so I suppose it would be less of a concern to you..."

Miss Tanner-Smith raised an eyebrow.
"I do not know what a Moloch is Mr Steed, but thank you for your warning. I really can not discuss the matter with you though."
She repeated politely but firmly.
He nodded, "Moloch is... well, the warning describes a tyrannical godlike being; with armies of machines and artificial soldiers, to whom humanity is either an experiment or a sacrifice... the mad lord of a world guided only by corrupted, inhumane reason... A world where the ideals of protecting the Sleepers have been abandoned in favour of using them for, well, fodder... It is not a future I would want to allow to happen. At all."
He shook his head, "But speaking further would be likely to get you into needless trouble... I expect we'll see each other again around the Umbral Port in the near future. I hope we can manage to keep the world holding together..."
He bowed politely and opened the door, "Stay safe, ma'am."
He then made his way straight for the main hangar, to look for the Mercere drop, then to check in with Alice, in case the Nephandus from earlier had had the opportunity to drop off his affidavit concerning Griga...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 20 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:16 pm

[Colin] (Boston Umbral port at 7 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "That is a reasonable concern... but if I merely wanted them dead, I would not have taken the effort to let them live during the rescue operation. Which, I might add, I had to pull off from the relative safety of a bloody Nephandi Battlecruiser while my colleagues were working their way through the wards to the Caul chamber of the damn place. The bullet I used on the redhead, mind you, had to be removed, because it is a special anti-Fallen material. I would give you that bullet, except I can't afford the chance you'll trace it to its origin."
He grimaced, "The guy tried to blow up my head like in one of those Scanners movies... said he found an app on Facebook or something..."

"I am just telling you what my superiors are likely to say Mr Steed, I doubt much will come of tis but I will give them the information you have provided me."
Miss Tanner-Smith said firmly then when you mentioned the Scanners movies she gave a wry smile.
"Ah yes the other Factions did not like ut giving out the information for those...well no matter, as for those effect done with an app on the phone that probably comes from the NWO rotes database, I am glad to see you where not seriously harmed though Mr Steed."

He nodded, "Of course. Loyalty is still a commendable trait."

The Void Engineer just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Of course you can't - but I can afford to give you the warning, straight up."

"Very well Mr Steel I appriciate it."
She said formally as she regarded you.

He nodded, "Of course, I expect most whom you keep on the serum for a few weeks are then... politely introduced to the Computer, which extricates the Primium-encapsulated gland in its entirety, so I suppose it would be less of a concern to you..."

"It is not an uncommon fate for our prisoners or rather Iteration X's prisoners to be fed to the Computer, more than that I can not say Mr Steel."
The Technocrat said calmly.

He nodded, "Moloch is... well, the warning describes a tyrannical godlike being; with armies of machines and artificial soldiers, to whom humanity is either an experiment or a sacrifice... the mad lord of a world guided only by corrupted, inhumane reason... A world where the ideals of protecting the Sleepers have been abandoned in favour of using them for, well, fodder... It is not a future I would want to allow to happen. At all."

Miss Tanner-Smith raised an eyebrow at this but all she said was.
"Well that sounds rather unplesant Mr Steed."

He shook his head, "But speaking further would be likely to get you into needless trouble... I expect we'll see each other again around the Umbral Port in the near future. I hope we can manage to keep the world holding together..."

"You may speak Mr Steed but I can not really add to the discussion."
The Void Engineer said.
"Well I am the security chief of the Umbral Port so if you visit it again you are likely to see me yes."
Was all she said and she commented nothing more.

He bowed politely and opened the door, "Stay safe, ma'am."

"You as well Mr Steed."
The Void Enginner said as she walked you to the door to see you of.

He then made his way straight for the main hangar, to look for the Mercere drop, then to check in with Alice, in case the Nephandus from earlier had had the opportunity to drop off his affidavit concerning Griga...

You got to the Mercere drop the main lobby was in the other direction though so you had to choose which place to go to first.

[Serge and Nicole] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

'So... it's like hereditary or something?'

"That means something you get from your parents right? If so yes that is right."
Strawberry said and she looked at you and smiled.

"That is exactly what I am!" Serge said with unnecessary enthusiasm ignoring the rolled eyes. "My policy is, If you can think of it, it exists. I assume your the more boring alternative. You don't believe it till you see it."

"Well belief create reality Mr Yager, so if your believe something exist, then somewhere it do, it might not be in this reality but in some realm what your imagination have started manifesting will have traveled down the Tree and been given form."
Darrian commented, the alchemist seamed to not be to concerned about the wer rat, looking at Nicole he indicated the kitchen table.
"If you are staying in here Miss Bouchard you might as well sit down and eat I am sure you are hungry."
The alchemist urged.

"So they'd be more flattened?" Serge said as he made a few more alterations, flattening out the nose and making the face a little more rat-like in general.

"Yeah sort of, I would show you but it is hard to control my emotions in that form."
Strawberry said.

"By the way you mentioned that you wanted to see how you'd look with earrings right? What sort of earrings do you want? I can draw them on so you can see what you'd look like." the cultist offered pointing at her human self-portrait.

The rat girl grinned happily and clapped her hands together.
"That would be fun...I want shiny earrings, very shiny earrings!"
She declared.
"I like shiny things."

"So werewolves don't like you guys and your not a fan of them. Are you a a fan of any of the were-people? What about the were-sharks? I've heard their was one who made children's stories." Serge asked curiously enjoying learning about the other mystical he rarely got to see.

"The two wer sharks I have met have been nice enough but I do not know much about them. I have also met a wer spider she is pretty nice but she is very fancy."
Strawberry said.
"The one who make children's stories though are Tane, he is a magic user like you, he just live with a wer shark, he is pretty nice."

[Adley] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"Still haven't forgiven me for my attempt at making you a cake for your birthmonth, have you?"

"Off course I have forgiven you it worked wonderful as Ignem Vis."
Jeffry said and grinned wryly.

"That's amusing, I told Kyle his wasn't up enough..." He looked as if he were about to argue that no, he could do it himself but honestly he was tired and his pater could probably evaporate the whole thing on the spot. "Only if it's not a bother, sir." He offered it out, carefully. Then he chugged the potion.

"It is easy to forget to curve one's fingers enough."
Jeffry said as he took the needle cand carefully placed it on the palm of his left hand and then he muttered several Latin words and a flare of white hot flame that made the whole room warmer burst to life in his plame leaving no trace of metal behind as the needle was burned out of reality.
"No bother at all mea filius."
He said. Drinking the potion you felt better , more refreshed but you still needed to rest.

There wasn't even time for him to swear or wonder 'what now'; he checked his gun quickly as he followed, shutting the door behind them.

You got up the stair to Dr Lee's door, you saw it was open and you heard Richard moaning in pain in there. Jeffry burst through the door there was little time for planning right now.

(OOC: May I way a roll to see who go first in the combat?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:37 pm

"Off course I have forgiven you it worked wonderful as Ignem Vis." Jeffry said and grinned wryly.

"And so ended my brief foray into cooking...your imps thought it was a brilliant present."

"It is easy to forget to curve one's fingers enough."
Jeffry said as he took the needle cand carefully placed it on the palm of his left hand and then he muttered several Latin words and a flare of white hot flame that made the whole room warmer burst to life in his plame leaving no trace of metal behind as the needle was burned out of reality.
"No bother at all mea filius.

"Well, that takes care of disposing of it as well at least," he said, though it was clear he was annoyed at himself, and was fighting his own stubbornness in the face of being tired.

You got up the stair to Dr Lee's door, you saw it was open and you heard Richard moaning in pain in there. Jeffry burst through the door there was little time for planning right now.

He had his gun ready as he scanned the room quickly, looking for threats, either spirits or physical, traces of magick that he might catch a glimpse of as he hurried closer. He could hear Richard, saw the door open...

// Initiative: 1d10 (7) + dex (3)+wits (3)=13

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:09 pm

"I am just telling you what my superiors are likely to say Mr Steed, I doubt much will come of tis but I will give them the information you have provided me."
Miss Tanner-Smith said firmly then when you mentioned the Scanners movies she gave a wry smile.
"Ah yes the other Factions did not like ut giving out the information for those...well no matter, as for those effect done with an app on the phone that probably comes from the NWO rotes database, I am glad to see you where not seriously harmed though Mr Steed."
Colin grinned, "Probably not half as pleased as I am about it... and the movies are quite good, though perhaps the effects are a touch dated by now. Perhaps it would be about time to invest in a reboot? This seems to be the decade for it..."

Miss Tanner-Smith raised an eyebrow at this but all she said was.
"Well that sounds rather unplesant Mr Steed."
He nodded, "If you've ever heard of the rather messy case of Heylel Teomim's betrayal, back in the 15th century... an artificial hermaphrodite possessed of two minds, and two Geniuses... they were torn to shreds back then, preventing them from becoming the first Moloch. But over five hundred years have passed, and things are coming full circle; great deeds, ill or good, have repercussions, and those repercussions are now cropping up."

You got to the Mercere drop the main lobby was in the other direction though so you had to choose which place to go to first.
He glanced around for a Mercere, hoping to find a clerk or other staff at the indicated location.

((OOC: Go, Adley, go, go, go!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole barely needed urging; just sat down and within seconds started to eat like a starving person.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Does tane think he can survive an expedition like this?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:00 am

"Well belief create reality Mr Yager, so if your believe something exist, then somewhere it do, it might not be in this reality but in some realm what your imagination have started manifesting will have traveled down the Tree and been given form."
Darrian commented, the alchemist seamed to not be to concerned about the wer rat, looking at Nicole he indicated the kitchen table.
"If you are staying in here Miss Bouchard you might as well sit down and eat I am sure you are hungry."
The alchemist urged.

"Don't need to tell me twice. I just had spaghetti that a patient thought into existence inside a mental version of his mom's kitchen." Serge said with a chuckle glad that Darrien shared his point of view, at least somewhat. "I've been to the dream realms a bunch of times. I'm pretty sure I awakened in mines."

The rat girl grinned happily and clapped her hands together.
"That would be fun...I want shiny earrings, very shiny earrings!"
She declared.
"I like shiny things."

"Ahhh perfect! Shiny earrings it is then! We'll make them all sparkly!" Serge said excitedly as he placed his sketchbook flat on the table in full view of anyone who cared to watch him.

He began drawing to draw ornate earring on Strawberry's ears. Stifling his desire to give her cheese shaped earrings, he instead decided to give her simple jeweled ones. He drew ornate ruby's shaped like strawberries whose color matched the girls eyes in rat form (although it was difficult to tell as the drawing was in black and white). The drawn earrings seemed to glisten and sparkle as they dangled off of the girls ears, just as he envisioned they would.  

"The two wer sharks I have met have been nice enough but I do not know much about them. I have also met a wer spider she is pretty nice but she is very fancy."
Strawberry said.
"The one who make children's stories though are Tane, he is a magic user like you, he just live with a wer shark, he is pretty nice."

"Oh Mr. Shark Sword! Yeah I met him. He seems like a pretty cool guy. He told me to bury my pencil in my ancestor's grave so that my deceased family members could give it my blessing. At least he said something like that." Serge said as he tried to remember the conversation he had with Tane so long ago.

"I swear the were-shark did something for those stories though. Illustrations? No....maybe he gave Tane the stories of spirits or something." Serge said showing forgetfulness that no disciple of mind should ever show.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 am

Colin grinned, "Probably not half as pleased as I am about it... and the movies are quite good, though perhaps the effects are a touch dated by now. Perhaps it would be about time to invest in a reboot? This seems to be the decade for it..."

"Well at the time the Research Director of our Convention got news of some captured psychics being experimented on, she demanded the Progenitors release them and when they refused we had those movies made. But yes perhaps a remake is in order the next time the other Conventions annoy us."
Miss Tanner-Smith and for the first time she showed emotion and she looked like a cat eying up a nice, juicy bird.

He nodded, "If you've ever heard of the rather messy case of Heylel Teomim's betrayal, back in the 15th century... an artificial hermaphrodite possessed of two minds, and two Geniuses... they were torn to shreds back then, preventing them from becoming the first Moloch. But over five hundred years have passed, and things are coming full circle; great deeds, ill or good, have repercussions, and those repercussions are now cropping up."

"In our history we have a record of the first Cabal being a pain in the behind until their leader a Solificato betrayed the rest, it was assumed they wanted to join back up with the Order of Reason. Beyond that we do not have allot of records."
The Void Engineers said as she regarded you.

He glanced around for a Mercere, hoping to find a clerk or other staff at the indicated location.

You found a rather large woman wearing black jeans and a flowing black tops and a bright red headband she was making lists over packages in some shelves, when she notices you looking at her she turned and smiled.
"Ah welcome Sir what can I do for you?"

[Adley] (Steelhaven 6 30 in the afternoon.)

"And so ended my brief foray into cooking...your imps thought it was a brilliant present."

"The imps enjoyed the Ighem Vis."
Jeffry said sounding amused.
"I am afraid I am not much better at cooking myself though so I really can't complain."
He added with a slight smile.

"Well, that takes care of disposing of it as well at least," he said, though it was clear he was annoyed at himself, and was fighting his own stubbornness in the face of being tired.

"We all fail a spell now and again mea filius do not worry about it, and especially when this tired."
Jeffry said and he gave you a kind smile, sensing your irritation.
"But yes I thought it was best to get rid of the thing completely, it is best not to leave any arcane connections laying around."

He had his gun ready as he scanned the room quickly, looking for threats, either spirits or physical, traces of magick that he might catch a glimpse of as he hurried closer. He could hear Richard, saw the door open...

The living room looked rather normal but the door to the side room that Richard used as a treatment room where ripped of the hinges and you heard the sound of someone bein stabbed and then Richard groaned again. Jeffry headed in that direction but you where probably faster, someone where in there with your Cabalmate and the good doctor where in trouble. You did not see any spirits but you saw the residue of magick, Mentam, Spiritus, Vim and Corpus but you think two different casters had produced the spells responsible for the residue, all coming from inside of the treatment room.

Nicole barely needed urging; just sat down and within seconds started to eat like a starving person.

The food where delivious, perfectly spiced and savory, the alchemist Master clearly could cook. Darrian smiled a little at seeing his food enjoyed and stirred the pots some more.

"Don't need to tell me twice. I just had spaghetti that a patient thought into existence inside a mental version of his mom's kitchen." Serge said with a chuckle glad that Darrien shared his point of view, at least somewhat. "I've been to the dream realms a bunch of times. I'm pretty sure I awakened in mines."

"Reality is more complex than you would know, first of all you have themicro and macro cosmos but in the theory of the Tree of Life something is created in the plane of ideas before it gains physical manifestation."
Darrian said.
"With time you can learn to be nourished by thought up food, as it is real, it is just real on a different plane."
The alchemist explained.

"Ahhh perfect! Shiny earrings it is then! We'll make them all sparkly!" Serge said excitedly as he placed his sketchbook flat on the table in full view of anyone who cared to watch him.

"Shiny earrings are the best kind of earrings."
Strawberry said and she smiled happily.
"Do you like shiny things magic user man I do not know the name of?"
She asked as she watched you draw.

He began drawing to draw ornate earring on Strawberry's ears. Stifling his desire to give her cheese shaped earrings, he instead decided to give her simple jeweled ones. He drew ornate ruby's shaped like strawberries whose color matched the girls eyes in rat form (although it was difficult to tell as the drawing was in black and white). The drawn earrings seemed to glisten and sparkle as they dangled off of the girls ears, just as he envisioned they would.

"Ohhh sparkly..."
Strawberry said happily and she jumped up and down with exitement and clapped her hands together.
"Very sparkly."

"Oh Mr. Shark Sword! Yeah I met him. He seems like a pretty cool guy. He told me to bury my pencil in my ancestor's grave so that my deceased family members could give it my blessing. At least he said something like that." Serge said as he tried to remember the conversation he had with Tane so long ago.

"Mr Shark Sword is a good name for him, he is nice though when the bad magic users killed my friend he came and found me and brought me to his home and gave me food."
Strawberry said.
"Why would your ancestors want your pencil? Do they like to draw?"

"I swear the were-shark did something for those stories though. Illustrations? No....maybe he gave Tane the stories of spirits or something." Serge said showing forgetfulness that no disciple of mind should ever show.

"Coawa do not seam like the children's book type to me, he mostly likes to swim and eat fish and ask women if they want to spawn with him."
Strawberry said and she scratched her head a little.
"But he might I mean I do not know them to well, but he is nice enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:45 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

You do not know, you have never been out into the Deep Umbra, you have swam with Coawa out towards what the Western magi call the Horizon but not gone beyond, you do not know how to cross that wall between the nearer layers of the Umbra and the deeper ones, and you do not know if it is possible for you to survive out there or not.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 am

"Well at the time the Research Director of our Convention got news of some captured psychics being experimented on, she demanded the Progenitors release them and when they refused we had those movies made. But yes perhaps a remake is in order the next time the other Conventions annoy us."
Miss Tanner-Smith and for the first time she showed emotion and she looked like a cat eying up a nice, juicy bird.
Colin chuckled, "If that happens, do you think it would be possible to slip me a ticket to the premiere, for the audacity to suggest it be made?"
He pondered for a moment, "Then again, probably not a wise plan to risk going to a screening where I'd be expected..."

"In our history we have a record of the first Cabal being a pain in the behind until their leader a Solificato betrayed the rest, it was assumed they wanted to join back up with the Order of Reason. Beyond that we do not have allot of records."
The Void Engineers said as she regarded you.
He smiled wryly, "They were trying to forge the Traditions together against a common enemy, seizing the latter role for themselves... it sort of worked, I suppose, and it prevented a greater betrayal later, but all the same, it was a messy affair."

You found a rather large woman wearing black jeans and a flowing black tops and a bright red headband she was making lists over packages in some shelves, when she notices you looking at her she turned and smiled.
"Ah welcome Sir what can I do for you?"
He nodded, "Good evening, miss. I was wondering if you might have a letter for me - addressed to John Steed? If it's been delivered, it would be here or at the desk in the main hall..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:21 am

Colin chuckled, "If that happens, do you think it would be possible to slip me a ticket to the premiere, for the audacity to suggest it be made?"
He pondered for a moment, "Then again, probably not a wise plan to risk going to a screening where I'd be expected..."

"I am sure some members of my Amalgam, if you know what that is Mr Steed, would love to know where a Traditionalist is intending to be located at a given point in time...I might be able to get you mentioned in the credits though...discreetly."
The Void Engineer offered with a wry smile.

He smiled wryly, "They were trying to forge the Traditions together against a common enemy, seizing the latter role for themselves... it sort of worked, I suppose, and it prevented a greater betrayal later, but all the same, it was a messy affair."

"I can see how that plan could work and also how it could turn out really, really messy."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and frowned.
"So what happened to this Solificato then? He was executed?"

He nodded, "Good evening, miss. I was wondering if you might have a letter for me - addressed to John Steed? If it's been delivered, it would be here or at the desk in the main hall..."

"Off course Sir let me check."
The Mercere said and she went through a list on a clip board quickly and nodded.
"A letter was delivered at the front desk adressed to Mr John Steed, it was then delivered here I will find it for you."
She said and she went to one of the shelves and found a small, brown envelope that she handed to you.
"Here you go Sir, is there anything else I might be of service with?"
She asked, she sounded happy and friendly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:56 am

"I am sure some members of my Amalgam, if you know what that is Mr Steed, would love to know where a Traditionalist is intending to be located at a given point in time...I might be able to get you mentioned in the credits though...discreetly."
The Void Engineer offered with a wry smile.
Colin grinned, "I'll take that with a smile. A pseudonym in the 'Special thanks To' section of the credits would be quite excellent. Especially when it's a pseudonym that might be recognized by Union members as belonging to a Traditionalist..."

"I can see how that plan could work and also how it could turn out really, really messy."
"So what happened to this Solificato then? He was executed?"
He frowned, "Teomim's... Geniuses - they had two - were ritually shredded, torn to so fine pieces that Teomim would never reincarnate... then they were barely able to get back to their feet with the help of a staff, before someone turned them into their component atoms in a flash."

"Off course Sir let me check."
The Mercere said and she went through a list on a clip board quickly and nodded.
"A letter was delivered at the front desk adressed to Mr John Steed, it was then delivered here I will find it for you."
She said and she went to one of the shelves and found a small, brown envelope that she handed to you.
"Here you go Sir, is there anything else I might be of service with?"
She asked, she sounded happy and friendly.
He smiled as he accepted the letter, "Thank you... I don't suppose you have a post box system here, so I can retrieve any delivered mail on my own without assistance? Oh! And I need a pair of gloves for my daughter - is there somewhere at the Umbral Port where I might be able to purchase such?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:54 am

Colin grinned, "I'll take that with a smile. A pseudonym in the 'Special thanks To' section of the credits would be quite excellent. Especially when it's a pseudonym that might be recognized by Union members as belonging to a Traditionalist..."

"I might be able to arrange for that Mr Steed, if there a prticular name you would want us to put in the credits?"
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she folded her hands on her desk as she regarded you.
"Just as another little stab at the other factions the next time they try to push us to far."

He frowned, "Teomim's... Geniuses - they had two - were ritually shredded, torn to so fine pieces that Teomim would never reincarnate... then they were barely able to get back to their feet with the help of a staff, before someone turned them into their component atoms in a flash."

"Ah that sounds like he got a horrible end, we have ways for destroying a Genious as well and it is not a plesant thing to witness but when we capture young Awakened children unfortunatly there is little else that can be done unless they are to be executed, experimented upon, enslaved or recruited, it is a lesser of two evils. This is one of the reasons why the Void Engineers don't support the Pogrom, we see no reason to harm other Awakened who are doing no harm themselves."
The Technocrat said and frowned.

He smiled as he accepted the letter, "Thank you... I don't suppose you have a post box system here, so I can retrieve any delivered mail on my own without assistance? Oh! And I need a pair of gloves for my daughter - is there somewhere at the Umbral Port where I might be able to purchase such?"

"Not exactly a post box system Sir but it is possible to hire a locker and your mail can be delivered to it."
The Mercere said politely.
"There is a gift shop out on the promenade, it is right next to the entrance of the main hangar, a small, gray building, they might have gloves, though I doubt they have a wide selection and there are stores for hats, belts and gloves in Boston I can give you some recomendations."
The Red Cap offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:55 pm

"I might be able to arrange for that Mr Steed, if there a prticular name you would want us to put in the credits?"
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she folded her hands on her desk as she regarded you.
"Just as another little stab at the other factions the next time they try to push us to far."
Colin nodded, "John Steed will do just fine."

"Ah that sounds like he got a horrible end, we have ways for destroying a Genious as well and it is not a plesant thing to witness but when we capture young Awakened children unfortunatly there is little else that can be done unless they are to be executed, experimented upon, enslaved or recruited, it is a lesser of two evils. This is one of the reasons why the Void Engineers don't support the Pogrom, we see no reason to harm other Awakened who are doing no harm themselves."
The Technocrat said and frowned.
He nodded, "It's a terrible thing, and it largely adds to the entropy of the universe... Still, I expect you are not unfamiliar with what we refer to as shard clusters, usually drifting in the Umbra. They're the fragmented remnants of Geniuses, trying to reform into something new. On exceedingly rare occasions, they succeed..."
He frowned, "To be frank, execution is preferable. By far. If someone has experienced true flavour, it is cruel to condemn them to an eternity of unsalted mashed potatoes..."

"Not exactly a post box system Sir but it is possible to hire a locker and your mail can be delivered to it."
The Mercere said politely.
"There is a gift shop out on the promenade, it is right next to the entrance of the main hangar, a small, gray building, they might have gloves, though I doubt they have a wide selection and there are stores for hats, belts and gloves in Boston I can give you some recomendations."
The Red Cap offered.
He nodded, "I'll be by someday soon to arrange such a locker, then; I'm in a but of a rush - and I'll chance the gift shop. I'm about to be ambushed on the way home, so I won't have the time to swing by the leatherware shops... I'm sufficiently familiar with the city, having lived here for some years, but thank you for offering. It's just the Umbral Port part that is fairly new ground to me."

((OOC: I just realized that Colin's probably got an old Entropy 2 Rote of his own - "Under the Radar" - to simply grant him the luck to avoid chance detection by the Union and the like when he's out shopping. It would be so undignified to be caught by an MIB while purchasing new underwear, after all. (It would probably not be as efficient against a targeted search, though, just against accidental discovery.) Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Serge's Post:

'Shark Sword?' Nicole asked, in between mouthfuls.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:06 pm

"Reality is more complex than you would know, first of all you have themicro and macro cosmos but in the theory of the Tree of Life something is created in the plane of ideas before it gains physical manifestation."
Darrian said.
"With time you can learn to be nourished by thought up food, as it is real, it is just real on a different plane."
The alchemist explained.

"It'd be a long time before I learn any sort of magick like that. I remember the Deaconess explaining the scope of the dream realm's to me. Although she didn't explain it in the clearest way possible." he replied.

"And the spaghetti was pretty tasty. I feel like I've been nourished. Although that might just be because I've eaten a lot today." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Shiny earrings are the best kind of earrings."
Strawberry said and she smiled happily.
"Do you like shiny things magic user man I do not know the name of?"
She asked as she watched you draw.

"Oh yeah, I didn't say my name did I. I just sorta came here and started drawing." Serge said with a smile before introducing himself. "My name is Serge and I love shiny things! Their fun to look at."

"Ohhh sparkly..."
Strawberry said happily and she jumped up and down with exitement and clapped her hands together.
"Very sparkly."

"You know, with a bit of effort and magickal magick I could make these earring appear on you. If you'd like." Serge said with a grin.

"Mr Shark Sword is a good name for him, he is nice though when the bad magic users killed my friend he came and found me and brought me to his home and gave me food."
Strawberry said.
"Why would your ancestors want your pencil? Do they like to draw?"

"I said that I wanted a cool magickal weapon like his sword and that's what he told me. Don't know what'd they would do with it. All of my ancestors were pretty ordinary people. At least I assume they were." Serge said with a shrug.

Nicole wrote:'Shark Sword?' Nicole asked, in between mouthfuls.

"There's a shaman at this chantry who wields a massive sword that's just covered in shark teeth." Serge explained. "It's probably the coolest looking weapon I've seen today."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Colin nodded, "John Steed will do just fine."

"Very well I will make a note of it Mr Steed."
The Void Engineer said and smiled.

He nodded, "It's a terrible thing, and it largely adds to the entropy of the universe... Still, I expect you are not unfamiliar with what we refer to as shard clusters, usually drifting in the Umbra. They're the fragmented remnants of Geniuses, trying to reform into something new. On exceedingly rare occasions, they succeed..."
He frowned, "To be frank, execution is preferable. By far. If someone has experienced true flavour, it is cruel to condemn them to an eternity of unsalted mashed potatoes..."

"I can see your point, I can not imagine a life without my Genious, wothout being able to travel the Void and see and understand in the way my Awakening lets me."
"It might be cruel our common practice but it is not up to me, if it where, we would only attack those Deviants who actually became a threat to the sleepers. Now as for such shard clusters as you call them, yes they are encountered in the Void and they can be quite hazardus, unfortunatly there seam to be a growing number of encounters with them and yes I have read reports of un Awakened ship hands who where working outside the ship when a cluster where encountered having mysteriously Awakened...hum...there where some reserch and experimentation done on the clusters some years ago, but I am afraid it was quite cruel and unethical done mostly on prisoners and again not performed by my Convention though we did provide transportation for the research team."
She said and she frowned slightly again before taking on a neuteral facial expression once more.

He nodded, "I'll be by someday soon to arrange such a locker, then;

"Very well Sir just ask in main reception they will be able to set that up for you and then come to this depot and inforum us to drop of your mail there."
The Mercere said and nodded.

I'm in a but of a rush - and I'll chance the gift shop. I'm about to be ambushed on the way home, so I won't have the time to swing by the leatherware shops... I'm sufficiently familiar with the city, having lived here for some years, but thank you for offering. It's just the Umbral Port part that is fairly new ground to me."

"You will be attacked? Oh my that is not good Sir. I will not ask what gloves have to do with that I suspect there will be no time for an explination but if it is an emergency you may borrow my gloves, I am afraid they are a little worn though."
The Red Cap said she ducked under her counter and rumaged around and produced a pair of doe skin gloves, they where bright red and once they would have been and expensive, high end product but they had clearly been worn for many years and while they had been treated gently some wear and tear could be seen though they where still in resonably good condition.
"As for the Umbral port, main reception have maps that they sell quite cheaply Sir, the stands out on the promenade change allot but the actual buildings are rather constant."
The woman informed you.

(OOC: Well you would then be working against other mages so there is a limit to how sucsessful such a rote would be and if there is a targted search there would be an opposed roll, but a rote to make it less likely that Colin attract attention to himself would work.)

'Shark Sword?' Nicole asked, in between mouthfuls.

"There's a shaman at this chantry who wields a massive sword that's just covered in shark teeth." Serge explained. "It's probably the coolest looking weapon I've seen today."

"Tane says it is the sword of his ancestors."
Strawberry informed you. Darrian frowned as the conversation went to Tane and something told you he did not like the Dreamspeaker very much, but he said nothing.

"It'd be a long time before I learn any sort of magick like that. I remember the Deaconess explaining the scope of the dream realm's to me. Although she didn't explain it in the clearest way possible." he replied.

"Deaconess O'Conner? No she have her own world and her own way of looking at thins Mr Yager. As for how long before you can perform such magick, sometimes the learning and getting there is just as rewarding as having that power will be when you do."
The Solificato said.
"I think I prefer real food to imaginary food."
Strawberry commented and Darrian grinned a little at that.

"And the spaghetti was pretty tasty. I feel like I've been nourished. Although that might just be because I've eaten a lot today." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I could not say Mr Yager I do not know the scope of your abilities, but it is probably best to make sure that you are before you give up eating in the physical world."
The alchemist commented.

"Oh yeah, I didn't say my name did I. I just sorta came here and started drawing." Serge said with a smile before introducing himself. "My name is Serge and I love shiny things! Their fun to look at."

"I Serge I am Strawberry that is what the little girl who owned me called me."
The Werrat said and she waved to you happily.
"Yes shiny things and food are the best they are fun to look at."
She agreed.
"So do you like to draw then Serge?"
She asked and glanced at your drawings again.

"You know, with a bit of effort and magickal magick I could make these earring appear on you. If you'd like." Serge said with a grin.

"Like with holes in my ears and all?"
Strawberry asked and she glanced at you.

"I said that I wanted a cool magickal weapon like his sword and that's what he told me. Don't know what'd they would do with it. All of my ancestors were pretty ordinary people. At least I assume they were." Serge said with a shrug.

"I guess they could write things with it."
Strawberry said.
"Or draw tressure maps."
She suggjested.
"I doubt a burined pencil will hurt as much to be hit by as a shark sword though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:02 pm

The living room looked rather normal but the door to the side room that Richard used as a treatment room where ripped of the hinges and you heard the sound of someone bein stabbed and then Richard groaned again. Jeffry headed in that direction but you where probably faster, someone where in there with your Cabalmate and the good doctor where in trouble. You did not see any spirits but you saw the residue of magick, Mentam, Spiritus, Vim and Corpus but you think two different casters had produced the spells responsible for the residue, all coming from inside of the treatment room.

There was a swirl of magick, some of it probably from his cabalmate but the other, maybe not but the door was not opened with much subtlety - whoever was in there was strong. Since he hadn't closed in or sighted on a target yet, he continued forward towards the adjacent treatment room...

//I'm still used to D&D initiatives, lol. 13 is not bad for a D10 plus stats, but its just above middling in D&D xD Technically, iirc, since Adley doesn't have any mind sphere yet he can't detect mentem enough to differentiate it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:43 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

You got to the treatment room and a terrible scene appeared before you. Theodora was only it was not her. The young Hermetic's eyes where glazed over and she moved in a jerking sort of way as if she was fighting her own motions. In Theodora's hand was her ritual dagger and she was trying to get to Captain Welder but Richard had thrown himself over his patient to protect her. It was clear from the wounds on Theodora's body that the Akasic had fought her fiercely but he had lost and the Hermetic now stabbed him again and agin in her effort to get to Captain Welder and all he could do was groan and whimper. At least he was still alive so far.

Caotain Welder where awake and she was struggeling to do something but in her cindition and with Richard over her there was nothing she could do.
"Get her of Dr Lee I will basish whatever is controlling her!"
Your Mentor ordered before he started forming hand sigils and chantinh in Latin.

(Ooc: Sorry my mistake I thught Adley had one dot in Mind.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Can't you hit the records site and find out?' Nicole replied, giving a smirk as she demolished her meal rapidly. 'Tane?'

[Nicole's not gonna be happy when she finds out what's going on upstairs. Well, Serge too I assume]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:23 pm

"What records Miss Bouchard? To find out about Mr Karyak's sword?"
He asked then he nodded.
"Tane Karyak he is a young Dreamspeaker who joined the Chantry recently he...is quite unusual."
Darrian said and frowned.
"Ah can I get you a second portion and some more bread Miss Bouchard?"
The alchemist offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:29 pm

'Nah. Seeing if Serge has a famous ancestor.' Nicole replied. 'Yeah, please; it's nice not to have my guts complaining for at lest five minutes, it is.' getting up from the table with her bowl.

'C'mon... you can't do the "meaningful silence" bit before "quite unusual" and leave us hanging! Spill!' she said with a mischievous smile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:50 pm

"Hi Serge I am Strawberry that is what the little girl who owned me called me."
The Werrat said and she waved to you happily.
"Yes shiny things and food are the best they are fun to look at."
She agreed.
"So do you like to draw then Serge?"
She asked and glanced at your drawings again.

"Yup. Love drawing. Ever since I was a kid. Had nothing better to do. Parents were always working and had no friends when I was little so I drew the ones in my head and on tv." Serge said with a smile as he flickered the the sketchbook to show the curious rat-women some of his drawings (being careful to not show her the 'special' one covered in runes). "Turns out if you do something for 17 years you get good at it."

"Like with holes in my ears and all?"
Strawberry asked and she glanced at you.

"Oh god no. Nothing like that. You'd just see the earrings appear on your ears. You wouldn't even feel them just see them. Nothing about you would physically. In fact Darrien and Nicole wouldn't see anything. Only you and I would be able to see them." Serge explained. "I just thought it would be cool for you to see them in color rather than on paper."

"I guess they could write things with it."
Strawberry said.
"Or draw tressure maps."
She suggjested.
"I doubt a burined pencil will hurt as much to be hit by as a shark sword though."

"But imagine if it was a magickal pencil. Then it might do some damage. I'd love to be able to do a Percy Jackson and be able to turn my pencil into a sword. Wouldn't that surprise people?" Serge said with a smile, flipping the pencil between his fingers.

Nicole wrote:'Can't you hit the records site and find out?' Nicole replied
Nicole wrote:'Nah. Seeing if Serge has a famous ancestor.' Nicole replied. 'Yeah, please; it's nice not to have my guts complaining for at lest five minutes, it is.' getting up from the table with her bowl.

"Man, I wish I had some family legacy like in those tv shows and animes. Then I might be interesting like everyone else here. All I'd probably find is a group of boring people who went to work and did nothing but work." Serge said nonchalantly, frowning slightly as he mentioned his relatives.

Nicole wrote:'C'mon... you can't do the "meaningful silence" bit before "quite unusual" and leave us hanging! Spill!' she said with a mischievous smile.

"I agree with the vampire puncher. What's with the sudden disapproving facial features. When I met Tane he seemed really nice. Nothing seemed unusual about him, especially considering we're in a mage chantry." Serge said with equal curiosity.

(OOC: Serge is definitely not going to be happy. The infirmary is attacked right after Serge assured three trauma patients that it wouldn't be attacked Sad )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:25 pm

"I can see your point, I can not imagine a life without my Genious, wothout being able to travel the Void and see and understand in the way my Awakening lets me."
"It might be cruel our common practice but it is not up to me, if it where, we would only attack those Deviants who actually became a threat to the sleepers. Now as for such shard clusters as you call them, yes they are encountered in the Void and they can be quite hazardus, unfortunatly there seam to be a growing number of encounters with them and yes I have read reports of un Awakened ship hands who where working outside the ship when a cluster where encountered having mysteriously Awakened...hum...there where some reserch and experimentation done on the clusters some years ago, but I am afraid it was quite cruel and unethical done mostly on prisoners and again not performed by my Convention though we did provide transportation for the research team."
She said and she frowned slightly again before taking on a neuteral facial expression once more.
Colin nodded, "In the Traditions, that punishment is only reserved for the most heinous of crimes, and for captured Nephandi... and even then, it is used too liberally, in my opinion. It is possible to reverse the corruption, but it takes time and voluntary effort. Not always something the Fallen will agree to... and not something our legal system has concerned itself with as a possibility, for that matter. Still, it is possible..."
He sighed, "But, let us leave this grim topic for some other time..."

"Very well Sir just ask in main reception they will be able to set that up for you and then come to this depot and inforum us to drop of your mail there."
The Mercere said and nodded.
He nodded, "Will do... It's an alias, though; will I need some documentation for it?"

"You will be attacked? Oh my that is not good Sir. I will not ask what gloves have to do with that I suspect there will be no time for an explination but if it is an emergency you may borrow my gloves, I am afraid they are a little worn though."
The Red Cap said she ducked under her counter and rumaged around and produced a pair of doe skin gloves, they where bright red and once they would have been and expensive, high end product but they had clearly been worn for many years and while they had been treated gently some wear and tear could be seen though they where still in resonably good condition.
"As for the Umbral port, main reception have maps that they sell quite cheaply Sir, the stands out on the promenade change allot but the actual buildings are rather constant."
The woman informed you.
He smiled wryly, "It is an attack I know about beforehand, and the attackers don't realize I am ambushing their ambush. I'll be fine. The gloves are for my daughter; she's going to have to extricate a dart from one of my party, and she's afraid of needles, so I'll want to avoid her panic attack in the middle of the fight..."
He accepted the gloves and gave them a quick once-over, "Thank you... I'll return these as soon as I come back to the Umbral Port; they're perhaps a little large for my girl, but they're excellent quality... they should be fine. Or would you rather swing by Steelhaven Hall to retrieve them in person?"

((OOC: Like I said, the Rote would be explicitly to avoid an accidental discovery, such as by taking a path that happens to not lead past an MIB casually scanning the crowd, instead of straight through a Union investigation team, for example. It would probably do nothing at all if a HIT-Mark was actively searching for Colin.))

((OOC: Serge can rest assured that the infirmary is safe - these shenanigans take place in Dr. Lee's room.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 am

Colin nodded, "In the Traditions, that punishment is only reserved for the most heinous of crimes, and for captured Nephandi... and even then, it is used too liberally, in my opinion. It is possible to reverse the corruption, but it takes time and voluntary effort. Not always something the Fallen will agree to... and not something our legal system has concerned itself with as a possibility, for that matter. Still, it is possible..."
He sighed, "But, let us leave this grim topic for some other time..."

"Well at least those who have had Genious extraction performed survive, at least for a little while."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and frowned deeply.
"Hum...you have found a way to undo the psyological damage from the Caul, that is interesting but yes let us drop this topic for now it is not a comfortable one."
She agreed.

He nodded, "Will do... It's an alias, though; will I need some documentation for it?"

"I gathered as much Sir I saw that movie as well."
The Mercere said and smiled.
"No no paperwork other than the rent contract for the locker room, but if you only rent it under an alias then we can not deliver mail under your real name there."

He smiled wryly, "It is an attack I know about beforehand, and the attackers don't realize I am ambushing their ambush. I'll be fine. The gloves are for my daughter; she's going to have to extricate a dart from one of my party, and she's afraid of needles, so I'll want to avoid her panic attack in the middle of the fight..."

"I see would you like me to contact the Umbral Dock's security about this matter Sir?"
The Red Cap asked then she nodded.
"I see, poor dear it is not fun to be afraid, I hope all will go well Sir."

He accepted the gloves and gave them a quick once-over, "Thank you... I'll return these as soon as I come back to the Umbral Port; they're perhaps a little large for my girl, but they're excellent quality... they should be fine. Or would you rather swing by Steelhaven Hall to retrieve them in person?"

"I can ask one of my Housemates to pick the gloves up the next time they deliver mail to Steelhaven Hall if that works out for you Sir?"
The Mercere suggjested.
"My name is Erin Hanigan so I will ask one of my Sodalis to mention my name and my gloves if that is acceptable."

(OOC: Yes that should work for a rote if Colin is not being looked for spesifically.)

'Nah. Seeing if Serge has a famous ancestor.' Nicole replied. 'Yeah, please; it's nice not to have my guts complaining for at lest five minutes, it is.' getting up from the table with her bowl.

Darrian refilled your bowl with more of the Mexican stew and more of the freshly backed bread.
"Well accosting a Labyrinth do take allot out of a person."
The Alchemist said and smiled.

'C'mon... you can't do the "meaningful silence" bit before "quite unusual" and leave us hanging! Spill!' she said with a mischievous smile.

The Solificato sigh and shook his head.
"I let my frustrations get the better of me, I should not gossip or speak ill of somone behind their backs. Suffice to say that while the boy means well, he have a bit of an issue in working well with others."
He said as he stirred his pots.

"Yup. Love drawing. Ever since I was a kid. Had nothing better to do. Parents were always working and had no friends when I was little so I drew the ones in my head and on tv." Serge said with a smile as he flickered the the sketchbook to show the curious rat-women some of his drawings (being careful to not show her the 'special' one covered in runes). "Turns out if you do something for 17 years you get good at it."

"Your drawings are amazing I do not know how to draw but it looks like fun. My parents where not busy but I was only with my mother for a few weeks before I was sold, I do remember her though."
The young werrat said and smiled.

"Oh god no. Nothing like that. You'd just see the earrings appear on your ears. You wouldn't even feel them just see them. Nothing about you would physically. In fact Darrien and Nicole wouldn't see anything. Only you and I would be able to see them." Serge explained. "I just thought it would be cool for you to see them in color rather than on paper."

"Ohh that would be fun, you can do that? It is amazing."
The white haired woman said and she smiled and clapped her hands together entusiastically.
"I would like that."
She agreed.

"But imagine if it was a magickal pencil. Then it might do some damage. I'd love to be able to do a Percy Jackson and be able to turn my pencil into a sword. Wouldn't that surprise people?" Serge said with a smile, flipping the pencil between his fingers.

"Burying a penncil in the ground will do that? Make it into a sword?"
The werrat said sounding confused.
"Oh and I still do not know your name."
She reminded you.

(OOC: It is not the infirmary that is being attacked it is the small treatment room in Richard's apartment.)

(OOC 2: Men and my mother is going to go to Oslo today so I will be away for most of the day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next