Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 11 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 am

"I was sent to bed at eight when I was five years old, most kids have a bedtime."
Rosa said as she looked at the young girls run around after Strawberry.
"But it might be a little early yet."
She said and then there was another knock on the door.

"Funny. That was around the time my parents went to sleep as well." he said with a hint of bitterness in his voice. "I was allowed to sleep whenever I wanted as long as I made it to school the next day. So I just stayed up all night watching television and playing video games and went to sleep when I was done, normally around 12 or 1."

"That is probably one of their Mentors now."
Rosa said and she went to open the door after a moment she returned with Hildegard, the Chorister smiled as Jane ran over to her and hugged her.
"I am safe child."
She said then she turned to you and Rosa.
"Mr Yager, Miss Olsen thank you for looking after Jane for me."
The Chorister said, you saw freshly healed, still pink skin on her right arm and on her neck, the elderly woman had been injured.

"No problem at all. Jane was extremely polite and a joy to be with. We had a lot of fun together. She drew lots of pretty pictures." Serge said with a smile as he saw the elderly women. He didn't comment on her recently healed injuries, knowing that Jane would only get worried if he drew attention to them.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 11 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

"Funny. That was around the time my parents went to sleep as well." he said with a hint of bitterness in his voice. "I was allowed to sleep whenever I wanted as long as I made it to school the next day. So I just stayed up all night watching television and playing video games and went to sleep when I was done, normally around 12 or 1."

"I always had a bed time but it got later and later as I grew up."
Rosa said and sigh.
"My parents where usually there though, yes now and again both had to work in the evening but not most days, I guess I was lucky there."

"No problem at all. Jane was extremely polite and a joy to be with. We had a lot of fun together. She drew lots of pretty pictures." Serge said with a smile as he saw the elderly women. He didn't comment on her recently healed injuries, knowing that Jane would only get worried if he drew attention to them.

"I am glad to hear that Mr Yager."
Hildegard said and she smiled proudly.
"I am here to pick up Jane and Cava was it? Master Haagen asked me to make sure she have a place to sleep and supper if he is not able to meet her tonight as he have some tasks still to do."
The Chorister explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:21 am

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
[Node Chamber]
"Yes indeed you might end up causing gray hairs in all of your Traditionmates Mr Wainwright."
Cita said wryly.
Colin looked at Adley's hairline for a long moment, then chuckled softly, "At the very least, I try to make up for such... grievances."

"And all of you cook better than I do," he said.
"Well you know more languages than we do Adley."
Beatrice said.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, that's a matter of priority and practice... I think you and Freddy might be about evenly matched in the kitchen. Speaking of languages, Adley - how's your Arabic?"

He glanced at Amadeus. "I take that back."
Amadeus gave you another confused look.
"I see."
Was all he said.
He grimaced slightly, "That said, sharing in the sensations of a great polyp as it... eats people is something I never wish to do again - however otherwise friendly it might be."

"I need to as well, and some others so it might be good to have a run done."
"No allergiesand I am sure a bit of curry would be fine Colin."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"Thank you, and sorry for the bother."
She muttered and gave you another slight smile.
He smiled, "No bother. There's a lot of shopping runs, both groceries and furniture, scheduled for tomorrow. A bit of time set aside for fixing a good lunch is hardly much of an issue."

He raised an eyebrow at Colin, then said to Cita..."Like I said, you'd think you'd get used to it..."
"Well I do have an old Cultist in my Cabal, you do not get used to it."
Cita said wryly.
He sighed, "I know... It's not unlike sitting in a movie theater next to someone who's seen the movie before, and who keeps dropping tiny spoilers just before something happens, isn't it? Except perhaps with more grammatical confusion."

"Yes I was more thinking about the comment about meddeling further in order to provide further casualities even if those losses where...difficult to bare."
Amadeus said and frowned then he looked confused again.
"The First Cabal? What do you mean Mr Wainwright?"
He frowned at them. "Let's not talk about that right now."
Amadeus looked even more confused but he nodded.
"Yes it sounds like something best discussed in a warded room with no spirits listening in."
The old Verbena commented.
He nodded, "I'll make introductions later, if it's practical to do so."

[Common Room]
"We can not have unneven, unjust sentencing where one judge give one punishment for a given crime while another give another, then you get unfair treatment based on that judge's personal biases, and that is not acceptable, therefore the Traditions have a strong focus on precedence, and the precedent is that when you have a widderslainte taken as an apprentice by a Master of the Art they are spared but their Mentors are given full custody over them, including after they are initiated and they are Branded and off course should they turn to the Nephandi what they are will count against them, the added blank slate points in Miss Alexander's sentence where if she commit any crime or go near corrupted Quintessence are unlawful accroding to precedent so what will happen at the resentencing is that these two caviots will be removed."
Master Tolle said.
"That is the only things that would be legal to do by the law."
He nodded, "Having Beatrice reassured of that, though, would probably be helpful - she is understandably scared, poor thing..."

Udella looked confused but Master Tolle did not even flinch he just went back to his papers.
He smiled wryly, "I rescued a young vampire abducted by one of Larson's lieutenants today, and got her sent to a safehouse. She wanted me to have the green teddy bear she was given there, so I could bribe Miss Adlebloom with it after I got shot. As it turns out, I did get shot after the battle, so now I need to pick up the bribe..."

You had Kristina's number but not Alexandra's. You got back to your room. Jareth where sitting on the fridge eying the fridge magnets, clearly wondering how he could get to them and get them down to the floor, he gave a happy sound when he saw you.
He looked at Jareth, picking out Kristina's number on the phone, "Now, now, Jareth, those magnets are dangerous for you. You had best not play with them - we wouldn't want an uncomfortable visit to the veterinarian, would we?"
He called Kristina and took a deep breath, "Ah, Mrs. Knox? I was wondering if you could put me in touch with Miss Jarden? I've had a few urgent matters to deal with first, but I should like to apologize to her now..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 am

[Adley and Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

Node Chamber:

Colin looked at Adley's hairline for a long moment, then chuckled softly, "At the very least, I try to make up for such... grievances."

Cita raised an eyebrow at that and gave you a wry smile but she said nothing about it.

He grimaced slightly, "That said, sharing in the sensations of a great polyp as it... eats people is something I never wish to do again - however otherwise friendly it might be."

"No I can imagine that was...unplesant, the inside of that ship alone where disturbing but feeling it eat, I am glad I did not have the pleasure."
Amadeus said and frowned.

He smiled, "No bother. There's a lot of shopping runs, both groceries and furniture, scheduled for tomorrow. A bit of time set aside for fixing a good lunch is hardly much of an issue."

"In that case, thank you Colin I appriciate that."
Beatrice said in a tired voice but she did give you a smile.

He sighed, "I know... It's not unlike sitting in a movie theater next to someone who's seen the movie before, and who keeps dropping tiny spoilers just before something happens, isn't it? Except perhaps with more grammatical confusion."

"Yes it is sort of like that indeed."
Cita said wryly.
"Very much like that Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "I'll make introductions later, if it's practical to do so."

Amadeus nodded at that though he still gave you a rather curious look though he said nothing more about it right now.

Common room:

He nodded, "Having Beatrice reassured of that, though, would probably be helpful - she is understandably scared, poor thing..."

"I would be happy to inform the young lady, but I suspect that seeing me would scare her more."
Master Tolle said.

He smiled wryly, "I rescued a young vampire abducted by one of Larson's lieutenants today, and got her sent to a safehouse. She wanted me to have the green teddy bear she was given there, so I could bribe Miss Adlebloom with it after I got shot. As it turns out, I did get shot after the battle, so now I need to pick up the bribe..."

"I see well that explain things, seams you got use for that teddy bear quicker than expected Mr Wainwright, unless there is another time you will get shot in the near future."
Udella said and grinned.

He looked at Jareth, picking out Kristina's number on the phone, "Now, now, Jareth, those magnets are dangerous for you. You had best not play with them - we wouldn't want an uncomfortable visit to the veterinarian, would we?"

Jareth jumpe around on the fridge and made a happy sound again but then he looked at those magnets again, he really wanded to tear them down and play with them.

He called Kristina and took a deep breath, "Ah, Mrs. Knox? I was wondering if you could put me in touch with Miss Jarden? I've had a few urgent matters to deal with first, but I should like to apologize to her now..."

"Mr Wainwright, good evening. I can give you Miss Jarden's phone number."
Kristina said and she did not sound happy.
"And tell her to take the call somewhere...where she will not be a danger to anyone."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:28 am

[Node Chamber]
"No I can imagine that was...unplesant, the inside of that ship alone where disturbing but feeling it eat, I am glad I did not have the pleasure."
Colin nodded, then smiled wryly, "Don't get me wrong - aside from relieving its pain during the battle, that was probably the only really unpleasant part of sharing its senses. The creature is a lot like a big, playful dog, or perhaps an otter or dolphin tumbling around. Had it been corrupted like the majority of the Nephandi battlecruisers, though..."

[Common Room]
"I would be happy to inform the young lady, but I suspect that seeing me would scare her more."
Master Tolle said.
He nodded, "Which is why I suggested reassuring her Mentor, rather than her directly."

"I see well that explain things, seams you got use for that teddy bear quicker than expected Mr Wainwright, unless there is another time you will get shot in the near future."
Udella said and grinned.
He sighed, "Well, that's an uplifting thought. I'd rather not, you know."

[Colin's Apartment]
Jareth jumpe around on the fridge and made a happy sound again but then he looked at those magnets again, he really wanded to tear them down and play with them.
He sighed softly, "I'm going to have to take those down and hide them for your safety, am I not?"

"Mr Wainwright, good evening. I can give you Miss Jarden's phone number."
Kristina said and she did not sound happy.
"And tell her to take the call somewhere...where she will not be a danger to anyone."
He nodded, "Of course... and as for Alexandra, have you picked her up yet? I haven't had the time to check in on her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this.

Anja's Post:

'Mainly cosmetic work, sir. Thorn checked it earlier, but if you'd like to check again... its the Subrau downstairs.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:12 pm

(Node Chamber)

Colin nodded, then smiled wryly, "Don't get me wrong - aside from relieving its pain during the battle, that was probably the only really unpleasant part of sharing its senses. The creature is a lot like a big, playful dog, or perhaps an otter or dolphin tumbling around. Had it been corrupted like the majority of the Nephandi battlecruisers, though..."

Amadeus nodded.
"They are not naturally corrupted then Mr Wainwright? I am still impressed that it's Handler let you close to her though, and if the creature is not corrupted I really hope Mr Karyak is not stupid enough to attack the shipwhile he is helping the fera with their dead."
The old Verbena said and frowned.

(Common Room)

He nodded, "Which is why I suggested reassuring her Mentor, rather than her directly."

"Ah then I understand Mr Wainwright, please forgive the confusion, just have him arrange an apointment with Master Nassa and I will be happy to do so."
Master Tolle said and nodded.

He sighed, "Well, that's an uplifting thought. I'd rather not, you know."

"Well there is always hopen you will not be shot again Mr Wainwright it is most unplesant, it is in fact on my list of least favorite things."
Udella said wryly.

(Colin's Appartment)

He sighed softly, "I'm going to have to take those down and hide them for your safety, am I not?"

Jareth tried to reach for the magnets with his beak but leaning as far from his perch as he could and he allmost tumbeled over and had to flap his wings to regain balace, making an anoyed hoot as he did so, so near and yet so far, how to get them how to get them.

He nodded, "Of course... and as for Alexandra, have you picked her up yet? I haven't had the time to check in on her."

"I did and I will be returning her to her family and her Sire later in the evening, right now she is here with me playing with some of the hedge wizard apprentices."
Kristina informed you.
"Thank you again for saving her, the girl is family."

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'Mainly cosmetic work, sir. Thorn checked it earlier, but if you'd like to check again... its the Subrau downstairs.'

"Understood, I might have to do so. As for the car, what would it cost to have it fixed up properly, it can be used now but a shoddy car would be easier to notice on the street."
Jeffry asked and he emptied his coffee mug.
"And do you have the expertice to take care of it if I cover the material costs and a resonable payment for your labor Miss Bouchard?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 pm

[Node Chamber]
Amadeus nodded.
"They are not naturally corrupted then Mr Wainwright? I am still impressed that it's Handler let you close to her though, and if the creature is not corrupted I really hope Mr Karyak is not stupid enough to attack the shipwhile he is helping the fera with their dead."
Colin nodded, then frowned, "They're naturally highly entropic beings - the incarnation, if you will, of decating flesh. Perfectly natural, in their way. If Mr. Karyak was stupid enough to try to harm the ship, I'm afraid he's dead - eaten by the ship if he's lucky, or dumped into an inhospitable part of the Deep Umbra if not... I hope he just loitered a little too long while helping the werewolves, though - they'd be fine allies, and Mr. Karyak would be a tragic loss for the Traditions."

[Common Room]
"Ah then I understand Mr Wainwright, please forgive the confusion, just have him arrange an apointment with Master Nassa and I will be happy to do so."
Master Tolle said and nodded.
He nodded, "I will let him know; thank you."

"Well there is always hopen you will not be shot again Mr Wainwright it is most unplesant, it is in fact on my list of least favorite things."
Udella said wryly.
He grimaced, "Quite so; I would rank it somewhere around seventh place, personally... on a top ten list."

On his way upstairs, he sent Amadeus a text message, 'Master Tolle is willing elaborate on the only legal outcomes of Beatrice's retrial for you - you may wish to speak with him before he leaves, and pass the assurance on to Beatrice.'

[Colin's apartment]
"I did and I will be returning her to her family and her Sire later in the evening, right now she is here with me playing with some of the hedge wizard apprentices."
Kristina informed you.
"Thank you again for saving her, the girl is family."
He smiled thinly, "I could indeed say the same - she's family. In a rather roundabout way, I will admit, but all the same... Would you be so kind as to put her on for a few moments?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Anja's Post:

'It's my day job, sir. I'll have to do a full check, but from what I saw so far shouldn't be that much. Get a few cars pass through my hands, I do; would be an idea to divert one to here now and then. Ones which I could change the colour, plates and paperwork often so they don't become known to the Union. Plus, means folk won't get so annoyed if it's their car which got shot up, crashed or exploded while on a mission.'

Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:52 pm

'It's my day job, sir. I'll have to do a full check, but from what I saw so far shouldn't be that much. Get a few cars pass through my hands, I do; would be an idea to divert one to here now and then. For times where the chances of the car being shot up, crashed or exploded is quite high.'

"Good I will leave it in your hands then Miss Bouchard and you will inform me of the cost when you know as well as the payment for your labor...ah while you are at it would you mind taking a look at my own care when you are done at the communal one, I will pay you off course, when I step on the breaks there is this sound, allmost like a little bird squaking, and as I assume there is not a great chance there is actually a small bird inside of my car."
Jeffry said and paused as if he where wondering if it was possible a small bird where to bleme for the sound.
"I assume I should have that looked at."
He finished and frowned.
"I am afraid though I am not sure what you mean with would be an idea to divert one to here now and then, could you clearify please?"

(In the Node Chamber)

Colin nodded, then frowned, "They're naturally highly entropic beings - the incarnation, if you will, of decating flesh. Perfectly natural, in their way.

Amadeus just nodded at that.

If Mr. Karyak was stupid enough to try to harm the ship, I'm afraid he's dead - eaten by the ship if he's lucky, or dumped into an inhospitable part of the Deep Umbra if not... I hope he just loitered a little too long while helping the werewolves, though - they'd be fine allies, and Mr. Karyak would be a tragic loss for the Traditions."

"I hope Tane is ok, he is a nice guy."
Beatrice said with a concerned look in her eyes.
"I hope so as well Bee, that Mr Karyak will get home safely but the young man can be...to eager I worry what his rash actions might lead to."
Amadeus said and sigh.

(Common Room.)

He nodded, "I will let him know; thank you."

Master Tolle nodded at that.
"Very Well Mr Wainwright."

On his way upstairs, he sent Amadeus a text message, 'Master Tolle is willing elaborate on the only legal outcomes of Beatrice's retrial for you - you may wish to speak with him before he leaves, and pass the assurance on to Beatrice.'

You got a reply back from Amadeus.
"Thank you Mr WI will contact Master T."

(Colin's Apartment)

He smiled thinly, "I could indeed say the same - she's family. In a rather roundabout way, I will admit, but all the same... Would you be so kind as to put her on for a few moments?"

"Yes off course...Alexandra Mr Wainwright want to talk with you."
Kristina said, in the background you heard the sound of children running around and playing.
"Okey I will be right there."
You heard Alexandra say and a few moment later you heard her voice on the phone.
"Hello Mr Wainwright. I am safely at Morningstar."
The young vampiress informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:19 pm

Anja's Post:

'Worn break pads, loose pads or chronic damp.' Nicole commented to herself on hearing the Chief's own auto issues. 'Just the sound of fast-moving metal rubbing on other metal, sir. I'll get on it when I can get set up.'

Anja's Post:

'Perk of the job, sir. Mechanics often end up learning of cars dirt-cheap or occasionally free. Like someone in PC repair often ends up with older computers that aren't worth selling, but still usable.' Nicole explained, hopefully in a manner which the Chief would get. 'It means I can use that to keep a small pool of common cars here that anyone can use.'

'It also offers a security advantage, sir. If Chantry members use those cars when chances of Union - or other - attention is high, it means their personal cars won't be ID'd. I can also do what the police do; to regular change colour and plates, so they don't become known.'

[Repeated a little from previous post, as it was an edit which you didn't see.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:32 pm

"I am glad to hear that Mr Yager."
Hildegard said and she smiled proudly.
"I am here to pick up Jane and Cava was it? Master Haagen asked me to make sure she have a place to sleep and supper if he is not able to meet her tonight as he have some tasks still to do."
The Chorister explained.

"Oh ok then. Well Cava is here as well." Serge said moving aside so that the elder Chorister could see the young child playing with the rat.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Hildegaard smiled to the little girl and said.
"Hello Cava."
The young girl stopped playing with Strawberry and came over and gave the older maga a curtsy.
"Good evening Ma'am."
She said and Hildegard smiled.
"Hello I am Hildegaard Gottschalk, I will care for you until tomorrow morning when your new Mentor will pick you up, what do you say we go and get some supper."
She said and Cava nodded.
"Okey Ma'am."
She said then Cava turned and waved to you.
"I have to go now, thank you for today Miss Olsen and Mr Yager I had allot of fun...bye Yu Die and Anna."
She said and Jane smiled and did the same.
"Have a good night Miss Olsen and Mr Yager, bye bye Yu Die and Anna."
She said and Yu Die waved to the two girls.
"Have a nice evenin girls."
She said and Anna smiled.
"Yeah nice to meet you, have a good evening Jane and Cava."
Hildegaard turned towards you again and gave a stern smile.
"Again thank you both so much for your help, I owe you both a favor."
The Chorister said.
"Well I and the girls better be off."

'Worn break pads, loose pads or chronic damp.' Nicole commented to herself on hearing the Chief's own auto issues. 'Just the sound of fast-moving metal rubbing on other metal, sir. I'll get on it when I can get set up.'

"Ah so not birds then? i did once enchant a necklace for a woman I hoped to court placiing a songbird inside of a pocket realm inside of the pendant...but yes that was unlikely to be the problem, very well let me know when you will get a chance to look at it Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said and nodded.

'Perk of the job, sir. Mechanics often end up learning of cars dirt-cheap or occasionally free. Like someone in PC repair often ends up with older computers that aren't worth selling, but still usable.' Nicole explained, hopefully in a manner which the Chief would get. 'It means I can use that to keep a small pool of common cars here that anyone can use.'

Jeffry seamed to understand computers even less than he understood cars, however after a while he seamed to get what you where talking about and nodded.

'It also offers a security advantage, sir. If Chantry members use those cars when chances of Union - or other - attention is high, it means their personal cars won't be ID'd. I can also do what the police do; to regular change colour and plates, so they don't become known.'

"Two or three cars as communal cars might be useful Miss Bouchard but more than that would be to costly to maintain I think as most Chantry members already have their own cars, I can not sanction having a fleet of cars in the garage to be used when someone have to do something that have to do with their duties as Traditionalists, but the two cars we have now should be fine, perhaps one more if a good deal should manifest."

(OOC: Ok sorry about that I did not see the edit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Anja's Post:

'Don't see why we'd need to have more than three; merely that any new pool cars coming in means an old one which has become too familiar can be scrapped and to replace ones lost in action.' Nicole replied.

'Next thing... this were-spider woman apparently wants to give me a car for killing her sister. Okay, I'm hazy on this one and it's not relevant... point is, I managed to convince her that it was in her - or her kind's - interest to help us a little against the Union. She wanted to leave a spider here so I could contact her. I kicked the issue, said it was up to you. Personally, not liking it, thinking it would be an excellent spy. Your thoughts, sir?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Hildegaard smiled to the little girl and said.
"Hello Cava."
The young girl stopped playing with Strawberry and came over and gave the older maga a curtsy.
"Good evening Ma'am."
She said and Hildegard smiled.
"Hello I am Hildegaard Gottschalk, I will care for you until tomorrow morning when your new Mentor will pick you up, what do you say we go and get some supper."
She said and Cava nodded.
"Okey Ma'am."
She said then Cava turned and waved to you.
"I have to go now, thank you for today Miss Olsen and Mr Yager I had allot of fun...bye Yu Die and Anna."
She said and Jane smiled and did the same.
"Have a good night Miss Olsen and Mr Yager, bye bye Yu Die and Anna."
She said and Yu Die waved to the two girls.
"Have a nice evenin girls."
She said and Anna smiled.
"Yeah nice to meet you, have a good evening Jane and Cava."
Hildegaard turned towards you again and gave a stern smile.
"Again thank you both so much for your help, I owe you both a favor."
The Chorister said.
"Well I and the girls better be off."

"See ya Cava. See ya Jane. Hope to see you again soon." Serge said as he waved goodbye to the two young girls and watched them leave.

He gave a friendly smile to Ms. Gottschalk as he watched her leave. "No problem. We're happy to help. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:20 pm

"Yes indeed you might end up causing gray hairs in all of your Traditionmates Mr Wainwright."
Cita said wryly.

"The way things have been going, I may have torn it out in frustration before it had a chance to turn," he said wryly.

"Well you know more languages than we do Adley."
Beatrice said.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, that's a matter of priority and practice... I think you and Freddy might be about evenly matched in the kitchen. Speaking of languages, Adley - how's your Arabic?"

"I don't know Arabic, at least not yet. I'm working on Hebrew now and Arabic is the next language I want to learn. I know old Persian but they are not in the same language family at all. Greek and other Balkan languages have a few loan words from Arabic and vice versa thanks to their interaction with the Turks during the time of the Ottoman empire."

He gave Colin a look. "That's very disturbing."

Amadeus nodded.
Colin nodded, then frowned, "They're naturally highly entropic beings - the incarnation, if you will, of decating flesh. Perfectly natural, in their way. If Mr. Karyak was stupid enough to try to harm the ship, I'm afraid he's dead - eaten by the ship if he's lucky, or dumped into an inhospitable part of the Deep Umbra if not... I hope he just loitered a little too long while helping the werewolves, though - they'd be fine allies, and Mr. Karyak would be a tragic loss for the Traditions."
"I hope so as well Bee, that Mr Karyak will get home safely but the young man can be...to eager I worry what his rash actions might lead to."
Amadeus said and sigh.

"That's what he was doing? Hrm...I really hope he comes back soon from that excursion. I don't want to have to get a rescue party together but it is starting to concern me that he has not returned yet He is a member of our cabal, we would need to try to find him, we can't just assume he died without some investigation into the matter."

"Yes it is sort of like that indeed."
Cita said wryly.
"Very much like that Mr Wainwright."

"Very good analogy."

"Not that I know of, no spirit have been tasked with that. I think the worst danger is over for now but if you find someone you trust that are not exhausted then sending them down here might be a good idea."
Cita replied and nodded.

"I see, thank you. I will keep an eye out." He cleared off the tablet, put it away and went upstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 pm

[Node Chamber]
"The way things have been going, I may have torn it out in frustration before it had a chance to turn," he said wryly.
Colin grinned, "Well, Lady Arden did give me a bottle of some rejuvenating fertilizer for my roses - I don't think it would work well on hair, but if you are desperate, you are welcome to a few drops..."

He gave Colin a look. "That's very disturbing."
He nodded, "My second most disturbing experience on board the ship."

Amadeus said and sigh.
"That's what he was doing? Hrm...I really hope he comes back soon from that excursion. I don't want to have to get a rescue party together but it is starting to concern me that he has not returned yet He is a member of our cabal, we would need to try to find him, we can't just assume he died without some investigation into the matter."
He nodded, "He's something of a savage, but not a bad person at the core. If we don't hear from him soon, well... Fortunately, we won't have to mount a futile expedition; I know how we can contact Lady Dalisse, the Handler - she will know what happened. And in honesty, I find it more likely that she managed to throw him out before he got eaten."

"Very good analogy."
He sighed, "I will try to keep spoilers at a minimum, then, unless it is of strategic or tactical importance..."

[Colin's apartment]
"Yes off course...Alexandra Mr Wainwright want to talk with you."
Kristina said, in the background you heard the sound of children running around and playing.
"Okey I will be right there."
You heard Alexandra say and a few moment later you heard her voice on the phone.
"Hello Mr Wainwright. I am safely at Morningstar."
The young vampiress informed you.
He smiled, "Hello, Alexandra, I'm glad to hear that. Listen, I need a favour, which you probably know... When you were tucked in, I heard you tell the nice lady who helped you relax that you wanted to give me that green teddy bear, so I could bribe my girlfriend after I got shot... So on my way home, i did get shot, because of course some bad people didn't want me to get home unaccosted. Do you perchance have that teddy bear with you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 pm

"See ya Cava. See ya Jane. Hope to see you again soon." Serge said as he waved goodbye to the two young girls and watched them leave.

"I hope to see you again soon to Sir."
Cava said and smiled.

He gave a friendly smile to Ms. Gottschalk as he watched her leave. "No problem. We're happy to help. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you."

"Thank you Mr Yager if ever you need anything as well come and see me, well then good night."
Hidegaard said as she brought the two little girls with her and left Rosa's room. Your Cousin smiled a little.
"We then Serge three down two to go."
She said with a wry grin.

'Don't see why we'd need to have more than three; merely that any new pool cars coming in means an old one which has become too familiar can be scrapped and to replace ones lost in action.' Nicole replied.

"The problem is that I think restoring and repairing a slew of new car to be used as expendable vheicles will be far to expensive, this Chantry is not rich."
Jeffry said sounding skeptical.

'Next thing... this were-spider woman apparently wants to give me a car for killing her sister. Okay, I'm hazy on this one and it's not relevant... point is, I managed to convince her that it was in her - or her kind's - interest to help us a little against the Union. She wanted to leave a spider here so I could contact her. I kicked the issue, said it was up to you. Personally, not liking it, thinking it would be an excellent spy. Your thoughts, sir?'

"I am afraid I do not know much about this woman, but I agree with you letting her leave a pet here would be unwise, I might have an alternative though."
He said and he rummaged in one of his drawers and then found a candle inscribed with a multitude of symbols painted in red and handed it to you.
"Break this in half and give her one piece and keep the other piece for yourself. If ever you need to send her a message light your end and hers will be light as well, and no the flame on the recieving end do not burn to avoid starting fires, then she will know to contact you."

(Node chamber)

He nodded, "He's something of a savage, but not a bad person at the core. If we don't hear from him soon, well... Fortunately, we won't have to mount a futile expedition; I know how we can contact Lady Dalisse, the Handler - she will know what happened. And in honesty, I find it more likely that she managed to throw him out before he got eaten."

"That is good to hear, I hope he is allright."
Beatrice said and nodded. Amadeus nodded.
"Good for the Umbra is a large place to search for one lost mage."
He grumbeled.

He sighed, "I will try to keep spoilers at a minimum, then, unless it is of strategic or tactical importance..."

"I appriciate it Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said and he gave you a even look.

"Agreed we have to rescue the man, though if he have been foolish enough to attack the ship then he will need a stern talking to."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"I would not put it past him though he means well, but he lacks a bit of tactical sense about what fights are not worth it."
He said with a stern look that said he had experienced some of that lack of tactical sense first hand.

(Common room)

"I see, thank you. I will keep an eye out." He cleared off the tablet, put it away and went upstairs.

You got up to the common room where Master Adimari where petting Mundi, the dog wagging his tail at you when he saw you, and Master Tolle sat bent over some papers though he put them down when you came into the room.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright said you wanted a word with me."
The old Quesitor said.
"Is this matter of a delicate nature that we should find somewhere private to talk?"
He asked.

(Colin's Apartment)

He smiled, "Hello, Alexandra, I'm glad to hear that. Listen, I need a favour, which you probably know... When you were tucked in, I heard you tell the nice lady who helped you relax that you wanted to give me that green teddy bear, so I could bribe my girlfriend after I got shot... So on my way home, i did get shot, because of course some bad people didn't want me to get home unaccosted. Do you perchance have that teddy bear with you?"

"I have it with me Mr Wainwright and I hope you are ok, being shot is probably not fun, I can ask Master Harris to send to teddy bear to you if you think he will be allowed to teleport something into your Chantry."
Alexandra said.
"Yes I saw you getting shot, but then it was to late to warn you and I fell asleep, there is little I can do when there is day out, sorry about that Sir."
The young vampiress muttered over the phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'May be cheaper than you think, sir; we're talking about the car equivalent of picking up old sneakers from thrift stores and glueing them back together so they hold for a couple of months.' Nicole countered. 'Just something to consider. Once the current one's been sorted out, you'll have some figures to work from.'

Anja's Post:

'Well... a candle is easier to feed.' the Etherite quipped, taking the item and turning it over in her hand. 'Thanks.'

'Anything else... oh. Haven't been assigned a cabal or duties yet, sir. Am gonna assume I've shown myself worth having around.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:02 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, gotta be 8 by now]
[Node Chamber]
He grumbeled.
"Agreed we have to rescue the man, though if he have been foolish enough to attack the ship then he will need a stern talking to."
Amadeus said and sigh.
"I would not put it past him though he means well, but he lacks a bit of tactical sense about what fights are not worth it."
He said with a stern look that said he had experienced some of that lack of tactical sense first hand.
Colin frowned, "There's something of a berserker mentality to him... Well, I am going to have to have another stern talk with him about some of his... less wise decisions in battle. I'm going to have to confer with Master Dupuis about that, too, I'm afraid... Worst case, I'll have to convince Coawa to sit on Mr. Karyak. More or less literally."

[Colin's apartment]
"I have it with me Mr Wainwright and I hope you are ok, being shot is probably not fun, I can ask Master Harris to send to teddy bear to you if you think he will be allowed to teleport something into your Chantry."
Alexandra said.
"Yes I saw you getting shot, but then it was to late to warn you and I fell asleep, there is little I can do when there is day out, sorry about that Sir."
The young vampiress muttered over the phone.
He nodded, "If you have him there, and he feels rested, I believe he should be able to piggyback on the telephone call. And it's alright - I heard what you said and managed to figure out the when and where of it on my own. There's no helping the need for sleep, but you gave me all I needed to save my own apprentice, and avoid more than a couple of small flesh wounds that are already healed between my entire party."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:19 am

Colin grinned, "Well, Lady Arden did give me a bottle of some rejuvenating fertilizer for my roses - I don't think it would work well on hair, but if you are desperate, you are welcome to a few drops..."

"I'll pass."

He grumbeled.

Amadeus said and sigh.

"Let's just hope he and his allies come back safe, first."

"That doesn't solve the problem of him wandering around in the umbra...hopefully he will be able to find a way back but if he's gone into the Deep..."

"I don't understand time magick well...or how to conceptualize things that you see or find out. I have no doubt it's saved our lives more than once, but the possible ramifications are a growing challenge."

[common room]

You got up to the common room where Master Adimari where petting Mundi, the dog wagging his tail at you when he saw you, and Master Tolle sat bent over some papers though he put them down when you came into the room.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks, Mr Wainwright said you wanted a word with me."
The old Quesitor said. "Is this matter of a delicate nature that we should find somewhere private to talk?"
He asked.

He was surprised to see the pair in the common room and then gave them each a short bow and Mundi a pat. "Yes, sir, it is a private matter. There is another person that should be involved in the discussion, let me see if we can set up the meeting in their apartment so they would not have to leave," he suggested.

// I can wait to finish the scene with Tolle and Day just let me know

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 am

"Thank you Mr Yager if ever you need anything as well come and see me, well then good night."
Hidegaard said as she brought the two little girls with her and left Rosa's room. Your Cousin smiled a little.
"Well then Serge three down two to go."
She said with a wry grin.

"Man, you beat me to it. I was gonna say that." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Don't forget about Strawberry though. With her around we still have three other people here." he said as he turned around to see what the wererat was doing now that she had lost all of her friends.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening) >>> ((DO we play since whe Tane goes back or should we say he goes and nothing special happens, or what?))

[Tane] (Meeting with an old shaman earlier in the day.)

Tane went up and knocked on the door, curious of how this could go
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:07 am

(Node Chamber)

Colin frowned, "There's something of a berserker mentality to him... Well, I am going to have to have another stern talk with him about some of his... less wise decisions in battle. I'm going to have to confer with Master Dupuis about that, too, I'm afraid... Worst case, I'll have to convince Coawa to sit on Mr. Karyak. More or less literally."

"I do believe a talking to would be in order yes Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said.
"And yes Master Dupuis might have a thing or two to say. Also a wershark would be quite effective at sitting on someone."
Amadeus said and nodded.

"Let's just hope he and his allies come back safe, first."

"Indeed let us hope this is so."
The old Verbena agreed.

"That doesn't solve the problem of him wandering around in the umbra...hopefully he will be able to find a way back but if he's gone into the Deep..."

"If he have gone into the deep then he is now dead I am afraid, only the Masters of Spirit know how to survive in the Deep Umbra, it is as hard a magickal task as making a realm for example."
Amadeus said and Cita nodded to that.
"Agreed, and not it is not easy I can attest to that."
She said and Beatrice looked sad at that.
"I hope he is safe."
The young Verbena commented.

"I don't understand time magick well...or how to conceptualize things that you see or find out. I have no doubt it's saved our lives more than once, but the possible ramifications are a growing challenge."

Amadeus nodded at this and looked rather grim.
"There will be ramifications."
He said darkly.

(Common room.)

He was surprised to see the pair in the common room and then gave them each a short bow and Mundi a pat. "Yes, sir, it is a private matter. There is another person that should be involved in the discussion, let me see if we can set up the meeting in their apartment so they would not have to leave," he suggested.

Master Tolle nodded.
"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
He said. Udella gave you a slight smile.
"We are waiting here between appointment, it seamed like as good a place as any to do so."
She informed you.

(Colin's appartment.)

He nodded, "If you have him there, and he feels rested, I believe he should be able to piggyback on the telephone call.

"I am in Kristina's room while Master Harris probably is in the computer room or his own room. Chief Joakim do not much like me roaming around the Chantry."
Alexandra said and you heard a boy behind her say.
"I can go and tell Master Harris that you wish to talk with him Alexandra."
He was probably one of the little hedge wizards that the young vampiress was allowed to play with.

And it's alright - I heard what you said and managed to figure out the when and where of it on my own. There's no helping the need for sleep, but you gave me all I needed to save my own apprentice, and avoid more than a couple of small flesh wounds that are already healed between my entire party."

"That is good to hear Sir, so you are home safe as well then?"
Alexandra asked.
"I am glad that you and your apprentice is safe."

(OOC: No it is not a problem now, it is when we get so many conversation threads going on at once that it takes me over an hour to write a reply that I need to pause moving forward to finish some of them up first.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"Man, you beat me to it. I was gonna say that." Serge said with a chuckle.

Rosa grinned a bit at that.
"Great minds think alike."
She commented.

"Don't forget about Strawberry though. With her around we still have three other people here." he said as he turned around to see what the wererat was doing now that she had lost all of her friends.

"That is very true Cousin."
Rosa said. Strawberry had climbed into Anna's lap and lay there being petted as the young Orphan and Yu Die talked. Anna looked better now that she had been sitting down for a while.
"Well that is adorable."
Rosa said and smiled.

'May be cheaper than you think, sir; we're talking about the car equivalent of picking up old sneakers from thrift stores and glueing them back together so they hold for a couple of months.' Nicole countered. 'Just something to consider. Once the current one's been sorted out, you'll have some figures to work from.'

"Very well once you have a figure for me for what this will cost I will conider it Miss Bouchard however be aware that what hi place gets in from rent money are generally not much more than what is needed to maintain this and a secondary site we have with another Node and we do not have much other revenues of income."
Jeffry said as he regarded you.

'Well... a candle is easier to feed.' the Etherite quipped, taking the item and turning it over in her hand. 'Thanks.'

"Yes so it is and this is not going to observe what you do and rapport it to it's owner either."
The Chief said with a small smile.

'Anything else... oh. Haven't been assigned a cabal or duties yet, sir. Am gonna assume I've shown myself worth having around.'

"That you have Miss Bouchard, and I am sorry there have not been allot of time to get new members introduced to potential new Cabals. For now doing what you want to do to recharge after the fight...through there is one thing you know what happened with Dr Lee? I have to try to find out who sent that spirit but since it can possess a mage I need a guard standing by with a dose of the serum that blocks magick so that if that spirit manage to posess me, then it will not be able to wreck havock with my magick. I need someone who will not flinch to give me that doze if there is the slightest indication that the spirit is controlling me, like I said it is not likely, I will be protected, but just in case."
Jeffry said and he regarded you with his dark eyes as he talked.
"Would you be willing to do this, I have a feeling you would not flinch to cause me pain if the need should arrise."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening) >>> ((DO we play since whe Tane goes back or should we say he goes and nothing special happens, or what?))

(OOC: We should play it out as several of his new Cabalmembers are waiting to talk to Tane.)

(Earlier in the day.)

Tane went up and knocked on the door, curious of how this could go

A very, very old African American woman opened the door, she was tiny and age and made her bent and croked, she had so many wrinkles her skin looked like bark, very inteligent, black eyes looked at you and braided, stark white hair decorated with beads where set into a neat bun on the top of her head. The woman was wearing a white dress, a necklace carved from bones and gold earrings. She was supporting herself on a carved wood cane, decorative, colorful rings decorated her bony fingers.
"The tea is ready young man, we will eat and have tea an then we will talk."
She said as she regarded you with wise old eyes. Inside of her apartment you saw a slew of spirits, many of them wounded and in the process of healing, every potted plant had a spirit sitting under it, the sink had a spirit, everywhere was spirits who now also regarded you curiously.
"And say hello to my friends."
The old werewolf informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next