Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 10 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:28 am

"I am glad to hear that Mr Yager."
Master Boz said and smiled though the smile looked strange on his scarred and battle worn face. He said a few things to his apprentice in Arabic and she turned to you and smiled.
"Gratia."
She said before she went to pick up her own drawings and the one you and given her, she smiled a ltitle over it and carefully picket it up, then it was clear that she and Jane exhanged contact information and she and the other girls hugged before she went over to her Mentor again and said something. Master Boz nodded and said to you.
"My apprentice thanks you for looking after her and making it a fun afternoon Mr Yager and Miss Olsen, she also asks that if you see the ones who saved her, Mr Wainwright, Mr Roth Hicks, Miss Mundis and a few others she do not know the names of then please thank them for her, and also for me, I owe them a great dept for saving my student."
Master Boz said

"I'll be sure to mention it when the next time I see them." he said with a nod.

then Liv said something else and he smiled and added.
"Liv also says that the next time she meets you she will speak better English."
He said and he seamed amused.

"And I'll be sure to speak better latin." he said, equally amused.

"Also if you are ever in Turkey please come and visit us."
The old Hermetic said.
"You would both be most welcome."

"Sure thing. If I ever end up in Turkey I'll make sure to see you guys." Serge said stifling a bit of laughter as the thought of magickally appearing in the middle of a foreign country flowed through his mind. These thoughts were only made more amusing as he remembered that Narim had promised to give him Correspondence lessons so accidentally teleporting to a random location wasn't the unlikeliest thing that could happen to him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 10 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:31 am

[Nicole] (On the streets of Boston at 8 in the evening.)

A puzzled frown, then the fact that not everybody was a mechanic and judged a car's colour as something easily changed sank in.

'Vanity. But nothing wrong with that. Think every girl's allowed to be a little vain.' Nicole quipped with a smirk.

"Yeah, as long as vanity do not become truly impractical and it is done for fun then I think it is okey."
Fran said and grinned.
"Then again bringing with me a teddy bear bag to have my weapons in for a battle some might say are truly impractical."
The Euthanathos joked and looked at her bag.

'If it's the one with the ton of books and the painting with the guy surrounded with flame on the wall, I know where that is.' she continued. 'Check in, eat, get hammered. Do we have a local bar?'

"That would be the one, on the first floor, first door on the left when you get up from the garage."
Fran confirmed.
"Yeah there is Linda's a few blocks away but it is more of a sports bar so it is not my favorite."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

"I'll be sure to mention it when the next time I see them." he said with a nod.

"Thank you Mr Yager I appriciate it."
Master Boz said and nodded.

"And I'll be sure to speak better latin." he said, equally amused.

"Ah yes, it is a most useful language Mr Yager, especially in our society."
The old Hermetic said and grinned which twisted his scarred face.

"Sure thing. If I ever end up in Turkey I'll make sure to see you guys." Serge said stifling a bit of laughter as the thought of magickally appearing in the middle of a foreign country flowed through his mind. These thoughts were only made more amusing as he remembered that Narim had promised to give him Correspondence lessons so accidentally teleporting to a random location wasn't the unlikeliest thing that could happen to him.

"Good, good."
Master Boz said then he gave you and Rosa a polite inclination of his head.
"Well then we should be of, than you again Mr Yager and Miss Olson."
He said and he waited to see if you had anything to add, at which time Rosa said goodbye to Liv and curtsy to Master Boz and said goodbye to him as wel, then he and Liv left, you heard her speaking with her Mentor in Arabic but since you heard the names from the story you and the girls had created it was clear that she was exitedly telling her Mentor the story even if you did not understand her words.

[Adley and Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

Colin chuckled, "There's a good chance that Anna is sitting peacefully, holding hands with her future wife right now. I'm not going to intrude on that, though - I'll simply let things unfold as they will, unless something takes a dark turn."

"Young love eh...well yes it have to be allowed to develop as it may."
Beatrice said and Amadecus gave a wry grin.
"And yet not getting involved is so hard."
He commented and Beatrice gave her Mentor a bit of a look which made him chuckle.

He nodded, "It was fine work, and I'm sure you'll get to do more wondrous things in the near future."

"I want to learn more magick and help pepole, I want to become a skilled healer and perhaps learn to affect matter as well and learn more about the nature of magick as well."
Beatrice said hopefully.

He sighed, "Besides, you just can't get a proper fish'n'chips anywhere on this side of the Atlantic. If we ever visit Old Blighty, that treat will be on me."

"I would appriciate that Mr Wainwright, I am sure such a dish would be delicious."
Amadeus said and smiled.

He sighed, "No, I know. I can still regret when a small missing bit of intel cost lives... Besides, fixing what did not go completely right seems to be the entire reason why my future self is jostling my present self around in time to get information."

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright but playing with time can be dangerous, even with the best of intentions."
Amadeus said and frowned.

He nodded, "That would probably be the best we can do for him."

Cita nodded at that.
"I will make sure he gets some paper and a pen."
She promised.

He nodded, "Like I said, I'm not planning to use this one much, except as a foundation. My own variant will likely be unrecognizable. And I will not pass on a Hermetic secret."

"Perhaps so, but then again the Order of Hermes was founded on that one spell alone, so they are likely to be able to recognize even a changed form."

"I would like to say you get used to it, but," he said with a shrug.

Cita grinned a little.
"If I did not know better Mr Roth Hicks I would have assumed your Cabalmate where a Cultist."
She commented wryly.

"When you are feeling better, we can decide a name for the cabal. It's beyond time. Plus membership..."

"Yeah...never never decided on a name for our Cabal did we, yes that is high time indeed. Hum but Cabal membership, is not that the same as before, me, you, Colin, Jon, Richard, Bruce and now Tane as well."
Beatrice said.
"Have there been other changes?"

"Not really fair, no. But I don't know that they care for fair so much as hedging their chances of winning."

"Well fair seldom have a place in war but yes the Union are brutal and we are going to have to defeat them."
Cita said darkly, she would have experienced the brutal hunt the Technocrazy held on the fleeing Virtual Adepts when they left the Union and before they joined the Traditions, older Virtual Adepts generally had nothing good to say about the Technocrazy.

"No, nothing like them. Much more human-looking, with a personality as well as function. It was quite disturbing."

Amadeus frowned at that but said nothing.

He sighed. "Well, I will try to get the key for these as soon as I can," he said, nodding to the cuffs. "But there is another appointment I must see to, if you will excuse me...." He stood up and went to the door so he could collect his things from the doorguard again and then head upstairs.

"Very well, thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Amadeus said and nodded. There where no doorman right now since Bruce where tending to Tobias at the moment.

(OOC: I will start a new scene soon I just want to finish a few more conversations in this one first and I should probably have Colin talking to Tolle before Adley do unless you where thinking he was going upstairs and doing something else first?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... not so sure about that, me.' Nicole replied thoughtfully, twirling her cigarette in her hand. 'Folk often think "girly" means "weak". Doesn't hurt to be underestimated by the enemy now and then.' sounding a little jealous.

Anja's Post:

'Each to their own, 'suppose. Though chances are that's where I'll be found when hockey season fires up.'

[Thought they'd already returned to the Chantry?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:45 pm

'Hmm... not so sure about that, me.' Nicole replied thoughtfully, twirling her cigarette in her hand. 'Folk often think "girly" means "weak". Doesn't hurt to be underestimated by the enemy now and then.' sounding a little jealous.

"True enough, show up with frills and corcscrew curls and everyone assume that I am unnable to fight or be a threat. I think perhaps the problem is that the world have this idea of what girly is, one narrow idea of what is feminine and that is stupid, liking cute things are seen as girly but liking big guns are not but I am just as much a woman with both."
Fran said and sigh.

'Each to their own, 'suppose. Though chances are that's where I'll be found when hockey season fires up.'

"You enjoy hockey then? I can not say I have ever liked sports allot, at least not watching them, but like you say to each their own."
The Euthanathos said and nodded.

(OOC: I might have missed them walking up out of the garage and into the main part of the Chantry, if so then Fran will just point at Jeffry's office door instead.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Cita grinned a little. "If I did not know better Mr Roth Hicks I would have assumed your Cabalmate where a Cultist." She commented wryly.

"He has other attributes as well..."

"Yeah...never never decided on a name for our Cabal did we, yes that is high time indeed. Hum but Cabal membership, is not that the same as before, me, you, Colin, Jon, Richard, Bruce and now Tane as well."
Beatrice said.

"No, not yet. We'll talk about it when you're better."

"Very well, thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Amadeus said and nodded. There where no doorman right now since Bruce where tending to Tobias at the moment.

He noted that there was no one at the door with a slight frown. He ducked into the node room again. He wrote out onto the tablet: 'Is there a spirit here that's helping keep watch?' he asked Cita.and showed it to Cita.

// It depends if he gets waylaid on his way to see Tolle. I can wait, no problem.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm

"I would like to say you get used to it, but," he said with a shrug.
[quote]Cita grinned a little.
"If I did not know better Mr Roth Hicks I would have assumed your Cabalmate where a Cultist."
She commented wryly./quote]
Colin chuckled, "That's what Dr. Bouchard said, too. Ah, the Cultist psychiatrist, that is."

He grinned, "Yes, I'm quite the cook, as well."

"Young love eh...well yes it have to be allowed to develop as it may."
Beatrice said and Amadecus gave a wry grin.
"And yet not getting involved is so hard."
He commented and Beatrice gave her Mentor a bit of a look which made him chuckle.
He smiled, "I'd say there's a pretty good they'll make me a grandfather, so yes, giving them the space they need and not getting involved might prove difficult at times. Still, I'm not going to impose that expectancy on them; it's going to be complicated enough as it is for a while."

"When you are feeling better, we can decide a name for the cabal. It's beyond time. Plus membership..."
Beatrice said.
He nodded, "Not yet... but while Mr. Karyak was sort of thrust upon us, there's the new Cultist in the Chantry, Serge Yager, whom I should like to invite to join us. But we should discuss that together, the whole Cabal; I may have been appointed leader, but I should still like everyone's opinion on the young man."

"Not really fair, no. But I don't know that they care for fair so much as hedging their chances of winning."
He shrugged, "It is fair, in the sense that most bullets in war are addressed 'To Whom It May Concern'. They kill us, we kill them... it is simply the way of a state of war. That is, of course, not to say that I approve of there being a state of war, just that that's how wars work."

"No, nothing like them. Much more human-looking, with a personality as well as function. It was quite disturbing."
He grimaced, "Ew."

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright but playing with time can be dangerous, even with the best of intentions."
Colin shrugged slightly, "So it is. Still, 'It was worth it' is not bad, as epitaphs go."

"What if I want to be taught the older form?" he said, raising an eyebrow. "I see no reason not to try to learn both, if there is time."
He grinned, "Spoken like a true knowledge-seeker. I suppose I could teach you, with your Mentor's approval. Considering the subject matter, I'd rather not do so without.

"Perhaps so, but then again the Order of Hermes was founded on that one spell alone, so they are likely to be able to recognize even a changed form."
"It is not something to boast about or for common knowledge."
He nodded, "Agreed. It is, however, what it is - and I'd rather you knew about it in advance than, say, getting surprised by it in a combat situation."

((OOC: I'm fine with having a short chat with Tolle now. It was, in any case, just a matter of Colin giving a couple of messages before placing two phone calls from the privacy of his own apartment.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:31 pm

"True he do at that."
Cita said and smiled.

Beatrice gave you a tired nod at that.
"Yes...we can talk more about it when I am able to cook us a dinner to talk over...oh the fish...Tane gave me a fish for the dinner we had...on that day...it is still in my fridge if it is still good, someone should eat it, I mean it would be a shame if it would go to waste."
The Verbena muttered suddenly remembering the fish she had been gifted.

He noted that there was no one at the door with a slight frown. He ducked into the node room again. He wrote out onto the tablet: 'Is there a spirit here that's helping keep watch?' he asked Cita.and showed it to Cita.

"He is in the High Penumbra."
Cita said after she ha read what you had written and she pointed to her computer and a bit of code there that probably represented the spirit.

Colin chuckled, "That's what Dr. Bouchard said, too. Ah, the Cultist psychiatrist, that is."

"I know Angelica Boudavich, she have worked with some of my patients, after all many who come to me have experienced rather...traumatic things."
Cita said and nodded.
"Perhaps you should consider joining the Cultists Mr Wainwright since you seam like you would fit with them."

He grinned, "Yes, I'm quite the cook, as well."

"He is, he is even better than me, though I bake better cookies."
Beatrice managed the bit of levity raising her spirits a little and she gave a bit of a wry smile.

He smiled, "I'd say there's a pretty good they'll make me a grandfather, so yes, giving them the space they need and not getting involved might prove difficult at times. Still, I'm not going to impose that expectancy on them; it's going to be complicated enough as it is for a while."

"A grandfather well now, yes you better let them take things in their own pace, if they are meant to fall in love they will do so on their own."
The young Verbena said and smiled.

He nodded, "Not yet... but while Mr. Karyak was sort of thrust upon us, there's the new Cultist in the Chantry, Serge Yager, whom I should like to invite to join us. But we should discuss that together, the whole Cabal; I may have been appointed leader, but I should still like everyone's opinion on the young man."

"The kid with the drawings? He is sweet, he helped me earlier, but yes we should discuss this as a Cabal when there is not a crisis around the corner."
Beatrice agreed.

He shrugged, "It is fair, in the sense that most bullets in war are addressed 'To Whom It May Concern'. They kill us, we kill them... it is simply the way of a state of war. That is, of course, not to say that I approve of there being a state of war, just that that's how wars work."

Cita just nodded at that and frowned.

Colin shrugged slightly, "So it is. Still, 'It was worth it' is not bad, as epitaphs go."

"No for the one playing with time it might not be however the consequenses could affecct more than just you, perhaps someone find comfort in one another in the wake of a tradgedy and ladter they have a child who grow up to be a new Bonisagus who manage to unifry the Traditions, the Union and the Crafts, defeating the Nephandi and ending the Asencion War however in preventing the original tragedy this child's parents never bond and this child is never born, playing with time is dangerous even when it is for a good cause."
Amadeus warned and frowned.

He nodded, "Agreed. It is, however, what it is - and I'd rather you knew about it in advance than, say, getting surprised by it in a combat situation."

Amadeus frowned again but he said nothing.

Later:

Heading up from the Node chamber again, he briefly pondered stopping by to give Diego a few well-intended words, but decided against it and went back to the common room, to speak with Tolle and Udella again, "Honored Quaesitors, Miss Alexander's operation went well...

The two Quesitors where done with their meal when you came up. Udella sat petting Mundi when you came in and Master Tolle where reading over some documents. Udella smiled at that.
"Ah that is great news Mr Roth Hicks, how is Miss Alexander doing?"

Master Tolle, there was one thing I forgot to mention earlier - one of the Fallen prisoners downstairs, I believe his name is Siege, has a phylactery, a ring which is the physical manifestation of his Avatar. He entrusted that ring in my possession for me to examine, as a matter of academic curiosity, on the condition I not let it come to harm before his trial. I mean to clean it up and keep it safe, and I should like to be informed of the date for his trial, so that I can properly deliver it to the prosecution at that time. It was not my intent to withhold this information, merely a momentary slip of the mind between the other urgent matters."

Master Tolle looked up from his papers and nodded.
"Off course. I assume you will take full responsibility for the phylactery then. I will have word sent to you aout when the date for the trial will be set, it depends on whatever this is a Fallen Traditionalist or not though for if he is not he might not et a trial."
The old Quesitor commented.

(OOC: Yes I guess we have cut down enough on the conversation threads for the scene in the Node chamber to continue. I am sorry for the delay I just like to keep the time it takes to respond to under one hour to make it easier for me to keep up with the game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Anja's Post:

'Do I really need to remind that I'm in the two percent of mechanics with pink blankets?' Nicole quipped with a wry smile, taking a drag as they both went into the Chantry. 'Funny thing is, if I meet another if we're not talking shop we end up on guys, clothes and beauty stuff. Though it's more "best brand of coveralls" and "moisturiser which really does the job" level.' giving a little chuckle. 'Remember being told a few years back that female soldiers are like that too. What did she say... "We don't want to be men. We want to be women who fight.".'

Anja's Post:

'That I do.' giving a grin. 'Used to play a bit too, when I was a kid. Was pretty good too.'

[Thought we'd entered Chantry post after arriving in garage. No issue, though]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:06 pm

'Do I really need to remind that I'm in the two percent of mechanics with pink blankets?' Nicole quipped with a wry smile, taking a drag as they both went into the Chantry. 'Funny thing is, if I meet another if we're not talking shop we end up on guys, clothes and beauty stuff. Though it's more "best brand of coveralls" and "moisturiser which really does the job" level.' giving a little chuckle. 'Remember being told a few years back that female soldiers are like that too. What did she say... "We don't want to be men. We want to be women who fight.".'

"I do not see you as someone who want to be a man, or someone who is not a woman, you are simply goo with machines and good with fighting. But yes many have this idea that if a woman ever do something that is considered masculine then she want to be a man, and that is just bullshit."
Fran said as she followed you into the Chantry and pointed at Jeffry's office door.
"Right in there, you might find the Chief at his office.

'That I do.' giving a grin. 'Used to play a bit too, when I was a kid. Was pretty good too.'

"I played a bit of basketball when I was in school but that is pretty much it."
The death maga said.
"I stopped when my brother got really sick though, he and my parents needed me to help out, I did not have the time for such hobbies any longer."

(OOC: Just a misunderstanding sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Anja's Post:

'An opinion which is not that common... even amongst women.' Nicole replied, shaking her head at this. 'And thanks for the assist.'

Anja's Post:

'You should start again. If nothing else, it's a more fun way of keeping in shape than a gym. Cheaper too.'

Once Fran leaves, Nicole will knock on the door, to see if the Chief was in...

[Nevermind, it's a minor 'continuity error' which didn't cause any actual issues. Happens to all of us]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:30 pm

'An opinion which is not that common... even amongst women.' Nicole replied, shaking her head at this. 'And thanks for the assist.'

"No I suppose it is not, well it is my opinion regardless."
Fran said and smiled.
"No problem I had nothing else to do right now so getting a car for the Chantry where well worth it."

'You should start again. If nothing else, it's a more fun way of keeping in shape than a gym. Cheaper too.'

"I would need someone to play with first. But yeah...I might do that, it would be a fun way of keeping in shape, though I suspect I would be very rusty by now."
Fran said and nodded.
"Well then I will see you later Nicole."
Fran said and waved before she headed for the stairs.

Once Fran leaves, Nicole will knock on the door, to see if the Chief was in...

You knocked on the door to the security office and Jeffry opened the door.
"Ah Miss Bouchard, please come in what can I do for you?"
The old magus asked.
"I am afraid I only have a few minutes though before I have to attend to other tasks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this.

Anja's Post:

'You're really telling me you can't find nine women in a city of millions to play with?' Nicole replied with a look. 'More popular than softball, what with the "winter snows" issue.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave Fran a little gesture as she left, then stubbed out the smoke before disturbing the Chief.

Anja's Post:

'A few points to clear, sir. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.' she said in a businesslike manner, still clutching the bag of fast food.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:20 pm

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'You're really telling me you can't find nine women in a city of millions to play with?' Nicole replied with a look. 'More popular than softball, what with the "winter snows" issue.'

"Well when you put it that way."
Fran said and grinned.
"I probably can find some interested in a game every now and again."

'A few points to clear, sir. Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.' she said in a businesslike manner, still clutching the bag of fast food.

"Very well, please take a seat then Miss Bouchard, can I offer you a cup of coffee?"
Jeffry said and he indicated one of the two chairs in front of his desk before he went to a shelf that among other things contained a coffee maker and he filled a cup for himsef and looked at you and made a gesture with the pot to ask if you wanted one as well.
"So what did you need to talk with me about?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"I know Angelica Boudavich, she have worked with some of my patients, after all many who come to me have experienced rather...traumatic things."
Cita said and nodded.
"Perhaps you should consider joining the Cultists Mr Wainwright since you seam like you would fit with them."
Colin shook his head, "No... for starters, I don't have the Cultists' knack for adjusting my state of mind, and my methods are closer to Hermetic. Plus, my plans require independence from the individual Traditions."

"True he do at that."
Cita said and smiled.
Beatrice managed the bit of levity raising her spirits a little and she gave a bit of a wry smile.
He grinned, "You should try my shepherd's pie, though - even if it's not peppered with actual shepherd on top."

"A grandfather well now, yes you better let them take things in their own pace, if they are meant to fall in love they will do so on their own."
He smiled thinly, "I will, of course, offer Anna a few stern words about boundaries from time to time, as a good parent ought to, but honestly, I think the two will do quite well by themselves."

"The kid with the drawings? He is sweet, he helped me earlier, but yes we should discuss this as a Cabal when there is not a crisis around the corner."
Beatrice agreed.
Beatrice gave you a tired nod at that.
"Yes...we can talk more about it when I am able to cook us a dinner to talk over...oh the fish...Tane gave me a fish for the dinner we had...on that day...it is still in my fridge if it is still good, someone should eat it, I mean it would be a shame if it would go to waste."
The Verbena muttered suddenly remembering the fish she had been gifted.
He nodded, "If you wish, I could make a hearty serving of fish soup for you for lunch tomorrow?"

"No for the one playing with time it might not be however the consequenses could affecct more than just you, perhaps someone find comfort in one another in the wake of a tradgedy and ladter they have a child who grow up to be a new Bonisagus who manage to unifry the Traditions, the Union and the Crafts, defeating the Nephandi and ending the Asencion War however in preventing the original tragedy this child's parents never bond and this child is never born, playing with time is dangerous even when it is for a good cause."
Amadeus warned and frowned.
He grimaced, "I know... Saving Anna from excessive torment shifted her unpleasant fate on to another - a woman named Cecilia. Easing her pain, now, is probably going to be a fair bit harder, but I will have to do what I can, and hope I can end he suffering without pushing it onto yet another undeserving victim..."

The two Quesitors where done with their meal when you came up. Udella sat petting Mundi when you came in and Master Tolle where reading over some documents. Udella smiled at that.
"Ah that is great news Mr Roth Hicks, how is Miss Alexander doing?"
He smiled, a bit of weight seeming to fall off his shoulders, "I believe she was finally falling asleep without more than the memory of pain when I left. She'll make a full recovery."

Master Tolle looked up from his papers and nodded.
"Off course. I assume you will take full responsibility for the phylactery then. I will have word sent to you aout when the date for the trial will be set, it depends on whatever this is a Fallen Traditionalist or not though for if he is not he might not et a trial."
The old Quesitor commented.
He nodded, "I am assuming full responsibility for the phylactery, and for making sure it gets to Horizon on time for... well... I assure you, the phylactery will be in as good condition as possible, and hand-delivered to the poor man's trial or sentencing, whichever comes first. On another note, Mr. Roth Hicks wishes to set the time for your meeting in thirty minutes, if that is quite alright with you?"

((OOC: Quite alright, but it was Colin who went up to talk with the judges first, not Adley. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Anja's Post:

'There always is. There's usually at least one club or the like around who does drop-in games. Then there's always the local amateur leagues and shit.'

Anja's Post:

'Erm... better not.' Nicole replied to the Chief's coffee question, sitting down in the chair indicated. 'First off, thought I'd better report that the Technocrat we rescued decided he didn't want to go back to 'em after all, so we instead dropped him off at a bus station outside of the city.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:50 pm

[Nicole] (On the streets of Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'There always is. There's usually at least one club or the like around who does drop-in games. Then there's always the local amateur leagues and shit.'

"I guess I have to google it and see what I can find of such chances to play around Boston."
Fran said and smiled.
"When things get a little less hectic around here."

'Erm... better not.' Nicole replied to the Chief's coffee question, sitting down in the chair indicated. 'First off, thought I'd better report that the Technocrat we rescued decided he didn't want to go back to 'em after all, so we instead dropped him off at a bus station outside of the city.'

Jeffry nodded he sipped his own coffee and sat down behind his desk.
"Well that is good then, one less enemy for us to worry about and perhaps one day if he remember that you helped him he can become an ally."
He said and seamed to approve of this.
"Any problems when you released him Miss Bouchard?"

Colin shook his head, "No... for starters, I don't have the Cultists' knack for adjusting my state of mind, and my methods are closer to Hermetic. Plus, my plans require independence from the individual Traditions."

"Yes you told me of your plans and I guess that indeed that do require indepedence, I am sure the Cultists would have liked to have you though with your knack for Time magick."
Cita said and smiled.

He grinned, "You should try my shepherd's pie, though - even if it's not peppered with actual shepherd on top."

"I am sure it is delicious."
Amadeus said and raised an eyebrow.
"And I try to avoid cannibalism unless it is ritualistic from a willing participant."

He smiled thinly, "I will, of course, offer Anna a few stern words about boundaries from time to time, as a good parent ought to, but honestly, I think the two will do quite well by themselves."

"I am sure they will Colin, and I am sure they will be adorable."
Beatrice said and she gave a slight smile.

He nodded, "If you wish, I could make a hearty serving of fish soup for you for lunch tomorrow?"

"I would like that Colin...the fish is in my fridge, second shelf, feel free to take whatever else you find of use in there as well I hate it when the bounty of nature go to waste."
Beatrice said and she gave you a warm smile.

He grimaced, "I know... Saving Anna from excessive torment shifted her unpleasant fate on to another - a woman named Cecilia. Easing her pain, now, is probably going to be a fair bit harder, but I will have to do what I can, and hope I can end he suffering without pushing it onto yet another undeserving victim..."

"The problem is Mr Wainwright is that suffering can not always be soothed and the ends do not always justify the means. I for example are not so sure I would want the time line we now to vanish in the attemnt to create a better one, playing with time is playing with the lives of others and that is seldom a good idea."

He smiled, a bit of weight seeming to fall off his shoulders, "I believe she was finally falling asleep without more than the memory of pain when I left. She'll make a full recovery."

Udella smiled.
"That is wonderful news Mr Wainwright, I know you where concerned about your Cabalmate."
Master Tolle nodded.
"Good, good, when the girl is better she can file for compensation and get on with her life."
He said and nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "I am assuming full responsibility for the phylactery, and for making sure it gets to Horizon on time for... well... I assure you, the phylactery will be in as good condition as possible, and hand-delivered to the poor man's trial or sentencing, whichever comes first. On another note, Mr. Roth Hicks wishes to set the time for your meeting in thirty minutes, if that is quite alright with you?"

"Very well I will make sure the Security Council are informed about the phylactery, as for Mr Roth Hicks, noted that is acceptable, I will meet him here in the common room then."
Master Tolle said with a short nod.
"Was there anything else then Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: That is what I meant, Adley where going to talk with Tolle so then Colin would have had to deliver the message first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:07 pm

Anja's Post:

'Oh, so that happens, then?' Nicole quipped with a smirk.

Anja's Post:

'Nothing more than the usual, sir. Picked up a tail while driving out, but lost them pretty quick. May have been followed by a drone, but that suffered a sudden loss of power. Followed standard counter-surveillance, don't think the Union had enough time to effectively monitor us or resources to monitor bus stations out in the sticks. Plus, should still be worrying about the Fallen.' giving a little smile. 'But my licence plate is now known to the Union, and perhaps regular cops. Who do I speak to about getting that sorted?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:51 pm

[Nicole] (At Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'Oh, so that happens, then?' Nicole quipped with a smirk.

Fran gave a chuckle at that.
"It would appear so."
The young Euthanathos said and smiled.

'Nothing more than the usual, sir. Picked up a tail while driving out, but lost them pretty quick. May have been followed by a drone, but that suffered a sudden loss of power. Followed standard counter-surveillance, don't think the Union had enough time to effectively monitor us or resources to monitor bus stations out in the sticks. Plus, should still be worrying about the Fallen.' giving a little smile. 'But my licence plate is now known to the Union, and perhaps regular cops. Who do I speak to about getting that sorted?'

Jeffry listened as you spoke then he nodded.
"Well done Miss Bouchard."
He commented before he looked a little puzzeled.
"Your licence plate...as yes the plate of numbers that tell who a car belongs to?"
He asked.
"Ehm...try one of the Virtual Adepts they might be able to help you there for I would not even know where to begin."
The old Hermetic informed you before he sipped his coffee again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:57 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"Yes you told me of your plans and I guess that indeed that do require indepedence, I am sure the Cultists would have liked to have you though with your knack for Time magick."
Cita said and smiled.
Colin smiled thinly, "I'm sure they might. All the same, so would perhaps several Traditions. And they'd all be at risk of ulcers all the while."

"And I try to avoid cannibalism unless it is ritualistic from a willing participant."
He chuckled, "Ah, that's a line from the musical Sweeney Todd... Best pies in London, indeed."

He just smiled smugly.

"I would like that Colin...the fish is in my fridge, second shelf, feel free to take whatever else you find of use in there as well I hate it when the bounty of nature go to waste."
Beatrice said and she gave you a warm smile.
He nodded, "I'll have to do some shopping tomorrow; whatever I don't have and don't find in your fridge, I'll get then. Do you think you could take a dash of curry, and do you have any allergies I should be aware of?"

"The problem is Mr Wainwright is that suffering can not always be soothed and the ends do not always justify the means. I for example are not so sure I would want the time line we now to vanish in the attemnt to create a better one, playing with time is playing with the lives of others and that is seldom a good idea."
He sighed and nodded, "You are right, of course... And truthfully, I might not have meddled in the timeline if the stakes were not so ridiculously high in any case. This time, while we still lost people, we did manage to save the lives of members of the First Cabal, as well as prevent, well, the end of the world. And we did end two Labyrinths in the process. All in all, we did good, even if we did not avoid fatalities..."

Udella smiled.
"That is wonderful news Mr Wainwright, I know you where concerned about your Cabalmate."
Master Tolle nodded.
"Good, good, when the girl is better she can file for compensation and get on with her life."
He said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "I'm sure she will. There is, however, still the matter of her retrial, over which she has expressed some concerns. I tried to reassure her that the same precedent that interrupted the ritual should still hold for her retrial, but she seemed reluctant to believe that... Perhaps it would be beneficial if you could reassure her Mentor of that, assuming you are confident in the legal precedent so presented."

"Very well I will make sure the Security Council are informed about the phylactery, as for Mr Roth Hicks, noted that is acceptable, I will meet him here in the common room then."
Master Tolle said with a short nod.
"Was there anything else then Mr Wainwright?"
He bowed politely, "No, that would be about it. Now, I have to call a young vampiress about a green teddy bear. If you would excuse me?"

He briskly made his way back to his room, and scrolled through his phone for Isabella's number, and failing that, Kristina's...

((OOC: Yeah, drifting off from the next scene again already. Oh, well. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little smile to this as Fran left.

Anja's Post:

'Yes. The plate isn't linked to me, but if the Union wish to do a little pot-stirring they can send the details to the police as a "stolen car" or something.' Nicole explained, hoping the Chief would at least understand this was an issue.

'I recovered one of the cars from the auto shop, shouldn't take much work to get it in full working order. Was thinking that as I don't need it, it could be one of the pool cars here. Was told Steelhaven only has one.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:25 am

"Good, good."
Master Boz said then he gave you and Rosa a polite inclination of his head.
"Well then we should be of, than you again Mr Yager and Miss Olson."
He said and he waited to see if you had anything to add, at which time Rosa said goodbye to Liv and curtsy to Master Boz and said goodbye to him as wel, then he and Liv left, you heard her speaking with her Mentor in Arabic but since you heard the names from the story you and the girls had created it was clear that she was exitedly telling her Mentor the story even if you did not understand her words.

Serge also waved goodbye to Liv and said his farewells to Master Boz. He watched them as they left and smiled when he realized what Liv was talking about.

When they left Serge turned to Rosa and said,  "Darn, now I'm a little sad. It feels different without her. I'm guessing since all the chaos is over the other girls will be leaving soon as well. Care to take a guess at who you think will be next? Jane, Cava, or Yu Die?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:09 am

"And all of you cook better than I do," he said.

He chuckled, "Ah, that's a line from the musical Sweeney Todd... Best pies in London, indeed."

He glanced at Amadeus. "I take that back."

He nodded, "I'll have to do some shopping tomorrow; whatever I don't have and don't find in your fridge, I'll get then. Do you think you could take a dash of curry, and do you have any allergies I should be aware of?"
"I need to as well, and some others so it might be good to have a run done."

He raised an eyebrow at Colin, then said to Cita..."Like I said, you'd think you'd get used to it..."

He sighed and nodded, "You are right, of course... And truthfully, I might not have meddled in the timeline if the stakes were not so ridiculously high in any case. This time, while we still lost people, we did manage to save the lives of members of the First Cabal, as well as prevent, well, the end of the world. And we did end two Labyrinths in the process. All in all, we did good, even if we did not avoid fatalities..."

He frowned at them. "Let's not talk about that right now."

"He is in the High Penumbra." Cita said

Adley tilted his head and replied back on the tablet, 'Not the one watching B. I mean is one taking over the duty of door guard, or if I should see if someone is available.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:26 am

[Nicole] (At Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'Yes. The plate isn't linked to me, but if the Union wish to do a little pot-stirring they can send the details to the police as a "stolen car" or something.' Nicole explained, hoping the Chief would at least understand this was an issue.

"Well yes that could be a problem, like I said I would not even know where to start to help you with this Miss Bouchard but try to talk with one of the Virtual Adepts they might know what to do."
Jeffry said and frowned.

'I recovered one of the cars from the auto shop, shouldn't take much work to get it in full working order. Was thinking that as I don't need it, it could be one of the pool cars here. Was told Steelhaven only has one.'

"One of the cars from the workshop? The one the Nephandi kept as a cover? The car will need to be examined for Resonance. However you are right another communal car might be a good idea. How much work will it need before it can be used?"
The old Hermetic said before he sipped his coffee again.

Serge also waved goodbye to Liv and said his farewells to Master Boz. He watched them as they left and smiled when he realized what Liv was talking about.

When they left Serge turned to Rosa and said, "Darn, now I'm a little sad. It feels different without her. I'm guessing since all the chaos is over the other girls will be leaving soon as well. Care to take a guess at who you think will be next? Jane, Cava, or Yu Die?"

"Well they where not going to stay here forever Cousin however I am sure we will see Liv again one day."
Rosa said and smiled.
"Hum let me see, Dr Wong is probably going to be busy with the wounded for a while longer, but I bet Jane's Mentor will come for her soon or Master Haagen to meet Cava."
The young Cultist said.
"It is about time the youngest of the girls where sent to bed anyway."

Colin smiled thinly, "I'm sure they might. All the same, so would perhaps several Traditions. And they'd all be at risk of ulcers all the while."

"Yes indeed you might end up causing gray hairs in all of your Traditionmates Mr Wainwright."
Cita said wryly.

Amadeus gave you another confused look.
"I see."
Was all he said.

"No allergiesand I am sure a bit of curry would be fine Colin."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"Thank you, and sorry for the bother."
She muttered and gave you another slight smile.

"Yes I was more thinking about the comment about meddeling further in order to provide further casualities even if those losses where...difficult to bare."
Amadeus said and frowned then he looked confused again.
"The First Cabal? What do you mean Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded, "I'm sure she will. There is, however, still the matter of her retrial, over which she has expressed some concerns. I tried to reassure her that the same precedent that interrupted the ritual should still hold for her retrial, but she seemed reluctant to believe that... Perhaps it would be beneficial if you could reassure her Mentor of that, assuming you are confident in the legal precedent so presented."

"We can not have unneven, unjust sentencing where one judge give one punishment for a given crime while another give another, then you get unfair treatment based on that judge's personal biases, and that is not acceptable, therefore the Traditions have a strong focus on precedence, and the precedent is that when you have a widderslainte taken as an apprentice by a Master of the Art they are spared but their Mentors are given full custody over them, including after they are initiated and they are Branded and off course should they turn to the Nephandi what they are will count against them, the added blank slate points in Miss Alexander's sentence where if she commit any crime or go near corrupted Quintessence are unlawful accroding to precedent so what will happen at the resentencing is that these two caviots will be removed."
Master Tolle said.
"That is the only things that would be legal to do by the law."

He bowed politely, "No, that would be about it. Now, I have to call a young vampiress about a green teddy bear. If you would excuse me?"

Udella looked confused but Master Tolle did not even flinch he just went back to his papers.

He briskly made his way back to his room, and scrolled through his phone for Isabella's number, and failing that, Kristina's...

You had Kristina's number but not Alexandra's. You got back to your room. Jareth where sitting on the fridge eying the fridge magnets, clearly wondering how he could get to them and get them down to the floor, he gave a happy sound when he saw you.

"And all of you cook better than I do," he said.

"Well you know more languages than we do Adley."
Beatrice said.

He glanced at Amadeus. "I take that back."

The old Verbena healer gave a chuckle at that.

He raised an eyebrow at Colin, then said to Cita..."Like I said, you'd think you'd get used to it..."

"Well I do have an old Cultist in my Cabal, you do not get used to it."
Cita said wryly.

He frowned at them. "Let's not talk about that right now."

Amadeus looked even more confused but he nodded.
"Yes it sounds like something best discussed in a warded room with no spirits listening in."
The old Verbena commented.

Adley tilted his head and replied back on the tablet, 'Not the one watching B. I mean is one taking over the duty of door guard, or if I should see if someone is available.'

"Not that I know of, no spirit have been tasked with that. I think the worst danger is over for now but if you find someone you trust that are not exhausted then sending them down here might be a good idea."
Cita replied and nodded.

(OOC: I might be a bit slow responding today I have two apointments early in the day today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:32 am

"Well they where not going to stay here forever Cousin however I am sure we will see Liv again one day."
Rosa said and smiled.
"Hum let me see, Dr Wong is probably going to be busy with the wounded for a while longer, but I bet Jane's Mentor will come for her soon or Master Haagen to meet Cava."
The young Cultist said.
"It is about time the youngest of the girls where sent to bed anyway."

"My guess was going to be Cava as well." Serge said with a smile. "She's from another chantry right? Jane already lives here so her mentor might not be in too much of a rush."

Serge glanced at the young girls playing with the young rat and grinned. "I mean...it's only 7:30. It's far from bedtime. Although I didn't really have a bedtime so I wouldn't know when that was anyways."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:45 am

"My guess was going to be Cava as well." Serge said with a smile. "She's from another chantry right? Jane already lives here so her mentor might not be in too much of a rush."

"Cava used to live at another Chantry but now she have been broguht to Steelhaven to be Master Haagen's new apprentice the way I understand it so she will live her from now on."
Rosa said and smiled.
"It will be nice for Jane to have a friend of roughly the same age living here."

Serge glanced at the young girls playing with the young rat and grinned. "I mean...it's only 7:30. It's far from bedtime. Although I didn't really have a bedtime so I wouldn't know when that was anyways."

"I was sent to bed at eight when I was five years old, most kids have a bedtime."
Rosa said as she looked at the young girls run around after Strawberry.
"But it might be a little early yet."
She said and then there was another knock on the door.
"That is probably one of their Mentors now."
Rosa said and she went to open the door after a moment she returned with Hildegard, the Chorister smiled as Jane ran over to her and hugged her.
"I am safe child."
She said then she turned to you and Rosa.
"Mr Yager, Miss Olsen thank you for looking after Jane for me."
The Chorister said, you saw freshly healed, still pink skin on her right arm and on her neck, the elderly woman had been injured.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 38  Next