Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 29 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Adley Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 pm

[Morgan's office]

"Less generosity mea filius than pride on my part, pride and vanity you are my student and your behavior and apperance do reflect on me, allow an old man a bit of vanity."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"As you wish, sir."

Colin smiled thinly, "Anna will make a friend in six weeks' time - a promising young child who will eventually be brought into our fold. But while I can make her situation with her parents a little... less unpleasant for now, I can't very well intervene directly until we actually meet. That would probably lead to another cup of tea and a bit of apologising to Wrinkle... but there is a, heh, case of parental abuse."
"I see, we that must be dificut then to not be abe to help before those months are up, a child being abused is always a horrible thing, I hope the girl will be okey."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Your apprentice wil make another friend then? That is good but make sure that Anna do not harm this other girl."

"Then I agree this child needs to be rescued...I suppose you will find a way to pull it off. But better make sure you are stocked up on the good tea."

Colin nodded, "Which reminds me, I'm probably going to need some help in subduing an angry ghost soon, once I have fashioned a proper memorial piece for her son..."
"Yes you told me about this Mr Wainwright it is a most concerning situation, it is always possible to kill this ghost off course but I would rather not if there are any other option."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"Oh right, that...that's going to be a thing..." He frowned. "AJ might be able to help you with that, too. Ghosts are sort of an Euthanatos thing, I would imagine. But it is quite infuriated and gunning for you, that's for sure."

[Kyle's room]

"Yeah Master Morgan seam to be a bit old fashioned when it comes to technology, is he like really, really old? My dad says that it is possible to get really, really old with magick."

He gave him a wry look, wondering what he meant by 'really really old'. "That depends. Do you think I'm old? If so, then he's of venerable age."

"Yeah I would like it if you went over the hand gestures with me when you have the time." He said then he frowned. "Okey but you look like you need more rest Adley."

"I plan on taking it easy for the evening. I'm going to swing by the library and pick something to read. I don't think I can sleep yet though I just got up." He tilted his head a little. "Are you okay?"

// Vervain! Kitty!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 29 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:25 pm

"I know it is lampwork, I suspect using dufferent formulas for the glass so it will melt at different temperature but I am just guessing Sir."
Anna said and scratched her head.

"I wonder if they make the parts separately?" Serge wondered. "Like, make a glass dragon separately and then encase it with two halves of a glass sphere and then seal the glass shut."

"Yeah I suspect so I understand that allot that are common for me is not exactly normal for everyone else."
The young Orphan said and sigh.

"I mean, we're mages. A lot of stuff that is common for us isn't normal for others people. Sometimes it isn't even normal for other mages. We just have to get used to each other. " Serge said with a grin.

"So he is like me then...I guess he will be on trial soon as well, which kind of sucks, my new Mentor say it will go well but it still scares me."
Anna muttered and looked down.
"Being captured by the Traditions have been the nightmare for many of us for so long."

" Well it won't have to be your nightmare anymore. Not as long as you got your Mentor and friends by your side." Serge said kindly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening)

(Jeffry's office)

"As you wish, sir."

Your Mentor gave a bit of a smile at that.

"Oh right, that...that's going to be a thing..." He frowned. "AJ might be able to help you with that, too. Ghosts are sort of an Euthanatos thing, I would imagine. But it is quite infuriated and gunning for you, that's for sure."

"That is true the Euthnathos Tradition and the Hollow Ones are probably the ones most knowledgeable about ghosts, and this situation will have to be dealt with."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.

(Kyle's room)

He gave him a wry look, wondering what he meant by 'really really old'. "That depends. Do you think I'm old? If so, then he's of venerable age."

"I do not think you are old Adley you are like ten years older than me or so, give or take, but Master Morgan is he older than he looks you know?"
Kyle asked.

"I plan on taking it easy for the evening. I'm going to swing by the library and pick something to read. I don't think I can sleep yet though I just got up." He tilted his head a little. "Are you okay?"

"I am going to the library tomorrow with Serge."
Kyle said when you mentioned the library.
"Yeah I am okey, I mean I am nervous about the trial and what will happen to me and my back still hurts allot but other than that I am pretty good, don't worry about me Adley."
He said and smiled.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening.)

'Give me a sec.' Nicole replied, waving a hand to Helga as she removed her pistol holster. Went over to a battered suitcase, removed a par of camouflage jackets, found a grey-blue longcoat [an old Soviet greatcoat], shook it out and put it on.

'Do they do food there?' she asked, while loading up her pockets.

"Yeah sure I will wait."
Helga said then she nodded at your question.
"They have pretty good chicken wings in hot sauce, it is bar food but they do serve some food."
She informed you.

(OOC: She have a safe place to sleep and seam happy but she do look for her mother and her former family at times.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the morning)

"I wonder if they make the parts separately?" Serge wondered. "Like, make a glass dragon separately and then encase it with two halves of a glass sphere and then seal the glass shut."

"That would be my assumption Sir."
Anna said and nodded.
"I do not know for sure though."

"I mean, we're mages. A lot of stuff that is common for us isn't normal for others people. Sometimes it isn't even normal for other mages. We just have to get used to each other. " Serge said with a grin.

"There are few things that are normal in the Awakened world I guess you are right about that Sir, but I will try not to weird people out to much."
Anna said and grinned.
"I will try."

" Well it won't have to be your nightmare anymore. Not as long as you got your Mentor and friends by your side." Serge said kindly.

"We are going to have to see at the result of the trial."
The young Orphan said and frowned.
"The nightmare may have just started."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Anja's Post:

'Good... don't want the booze to get lonely.' Nicole quipped, grabbing her wallet and keys. 'Let's go.'

[As long as they've got somewhere to hide and be alone when it's all too much, they'll be fine.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:23 pm

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening)

"Well no we would not want that."
Helga said wryly as she went with you out of your apartment.
"It is not far to the bar so we thought we would walk that way all of us can drink. Do that work for you as well?"
The Cultist asked as she headed towards the stairs.

(Ooc: she got plenty of that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Anja's Post:

'Dunno... a couple of blocks sounds really far.' Nicole replied with a smirk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 pm

"That would be my assumption Sir."
Anna said and nodded.
"I do not know for sure though."

"That's a mystery we can solve another day. Or whenever I get the strength to Google it." Serge said with a grin

"You two both said that you liked computer games. Got any favorites there?" he asked both Yu Die and Anna.

"We are going to have to see at the result of the trial."
The young Orphan said and frowned.
"The nightmare may have just started."

"Or it may be reaching an end." Serge said. " It's hard to say. But there's no use in worrying about it right now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:48 am

"I do not think you are old Adley you are like ten years older than me or so, give or take, but Master Morgan is he older than he looks you know?"
Kyle asked.

"How a magus or maga look is not always the best indicator of their age. But yes, he's venerable."

"I am going to the library tomorrow with Serge." Kyle said when you mentioned the library. "Yeah I am okey, I mean I am nervous about the trial and what will happen to me and my back still hurts allot but other than that I am pretty good, don't worry about me Adley." He said and smiled.

"Nice that he's taking you to scope out some books. I'm sure you'll have a hefty reading list to pick up and get started on. Anyway, pater just wanted to make sure everything was ok, that you were alright and I did too..." He glanced in the room, just to make sure everything was still fine. "I told him about meeting up for a meal tomorrow, also, like we talked about earlier."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:50 am

"How a magus or maga look is not always the best indicator of their age. But yes, he's venerable."

"I thought so, he is pretty cool though I bet he could kick some ass if he wanted to."
Kyle said and grinned.
"I like him he feel like someone that I can trust."

"Nice that he's taking you to scope out some books. I'm sure you'll have a hefty reading list to pick up and get started on.

"I really like reading so that is quite okey for me."
Your brother said and nodded.

Anyway, pater just wanted to make sure everything was ok, that you were alright and I did too..." He glanced in the room, just to make sure everything was still fine. "I told him about meeting up for a meal tomorrow, also, like we talked about earlier."

"All is ok, the book is really interesting and when I get to tired to read I will lay down and play a bit on my PSP."
Kyle said, his room seamed quite ok. Curly where playing around one of the lamps, a notepad full of notes from the book he was reading where on the living room table along with a half gone glass of soda.
"That is great breakfast with evryone will be good...do not let me keep you though you can tell Master Morgan that I am just fine."
He said and smiled.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening.)

"It will feel allot longer when we are good and dunk and trying to make our way back to the Chantry."
Helga commented as she led you down to the lobby where Fran, now wearing a dark gray frilly dress and big gray bows in her corkscrew curl hair and Theodora who had just changed her bloody tshirt for a fresh, simple black one.
"Ladies night out then?"
Theodora said and grinned as she waved to you. Fran smiled to you before replying.'"So it seams yes."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the afternoon.)

"That's a mystery we can solve another day. Or whenever I get the strength to Google it." Serge said with a grin

"True that Sir or get a book about it. My new Mentor have said that if I want to he can help me to learn to do some glasswork myself."
Anna said and smiled.
"Which would be nice, perhaps one day you can draw things and I can make it into a glass sculpture."

"You two both said that you liked computer games. Got any favorites there?" he asked both Yu Die and Anna.

"I prefer JRPGs Sir and other RPGs but I also like strategy games, old school platformers and racing games."
Yu Die said and Anna smiled.
"I really like racing games and plaformers and those games where you shoot all the things with a spaceship."
She commented and the two girls started discussing which racing games where their favorites.

"Or it may be reaching an end." Serge said. " It's hard to say. But there's no use in worrying about it right now."

"Yeah you are right off course Sir, but not worrying is not easy. I know there is no point in it and even if all go badly then it would be better to just enjoy life until it happens but knowing that would be wise and living by it are not always the same thing."
Anna said and sigh. Yu Die patted her shoulder and muttered.
"It will be okey Anna, it will all be okey."
The young Akashic said and smiled.

(OOC: Vervain decided to help me to perform the LBRP this morning and by helping I mean runing around my feet or sitting on them making the ritual motions somewhat difficult. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:11 pm

Anja's Post:

'Can't be a ladies night out. Ready too quick, we are.' Nicole quipped, giving a nod to the rest of the group. 'Now for the kit drill; everyone check pockets and bags. Not gonna have a situation where somebody loses ritual knives, odd powders or a gun... again.' unconsciously taking charge of the little group.

[Is Nicole the oldest of the group?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:13 pm

"True that Sir or get a book about it. My new Mentor have said that if I want to he can help me to learn to do some glasswork myself."
Anna said and smiled.
"Which would be nice, perhaps one day you can draw things and I can make it into a glass sculpture."

"Perhaps. I would love to do that. See one of my drawings sculpted. Although I think the things I draw might be a bit difficult to translate into 3d." Serge said with a chuckle. "Does Mr. Wainwright work with glass? I thought he sculpted with a different material."

"I prefer JRPGs Sir and other RPGs but I also like strategy games, old school platformers and racing games."
Yu Die said and Anna smiled.
"I really like racing games and plaformers and those games where you shoot all the things with a spaceship."
She commented and the two girls started discussing which racing games where their favorites.

Serge hated racing games but decided not to mention that. He was outnumbered and their was no point in ruining the girls pleasant discussion with pointless negativity.

"Yeah you are right off course Sir, but not worrying is not easy. I know there is no point in it and even if all go badly then it would be better to just enjoy life until it happens but knowing that would be wise and living by it are not always the same thing."
Anna said and sigh. Yu Die patted her shoulder and muttered.
"It will be okey Anna, it will all be okey."
The young Akashic said and smiled.

"It's like Yu Die said. It'll be fine. I'm sure your Mentor has something up his sleeves." Serge assured the Orphan.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:50 pm

[Morgan's office]
"Then I agree this child needs to be rescued...I suppose you will find a way to pull it off. But better make sure you are stocked up on the good tea."
"Can you not try to tell her that for someone else at a doctor's office needles are not a problem, that not everyone are afraid of them?"
The old Hermetic asked.
"Though it is possitive that she want to try to help others but et us try to limit the violence."
Colin nodded, "Of course I try to teach her that... the complication with miss Taldor is that her mother is forcing needless examinations on her, convinced that the poor child is a boy. Which in terms of mere flesh would seem to be true, but... well, it's a rather unpleasant topic when certain allegedly Christian values not found in the Bible are taken as gospel..."

"Yes you told me about this Mr Wainwright it is a most concerning situation, it is always possible to kill this ghost off course but I would rather not if there are any other option."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"That is true the Euthnathos Tradition and the Hollow Ones are probably the ones most knowledgeable about ghosts, and this situation will have to be dealt with."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
He nodded, "I would by far prefer a solution that lets her find peace and move on of her own volition than something... less gentle. I pulled the trigger on her son, after all..."

[Common room]
"It was a bit different but I really enjoyed watching it as a kid."
Richard said and grinned.
"I made my parents by me a pet mouse I named him Throttle."
He nodded sagely, "When I was a kid, my parents had a beagle named Snoopy, and a canary bird named Woodstock. It was always considered a disappointment that the two never quite got along... or slept on the roof of the doghouse."

"You did not earlier but you did now. I can do so if you wish it can be useful for the girl to know some self defense."
Your Cabalmate agreed and smiled.
He nodded, "There'll be an altercation with a nurse in a few weeks; I'd rather she'd learned to sort that out without risking breaking anything... And before you ask, no, she will not be the one in danger, she will act to protect another child in actual danger."

"Yeah I would not mind but I do think the doc have a issue with pumping alcohol into the patients."
Rodger said and Richard glanced in his direction.
"I can filter acohol out of blood with magick that is why I accept donors the red cross would not have accepted. What is dificult is making blood that is full of life force, however I am concerned about your liver my good man and woud not drain bood from you without first examining your health."
Your Cabalmate said and Rodger nodded.
"Well yes my regular doctor do compain about my liver, I mostly ignore him."
He smiled wryly, "My apologies, doctor, for what I will help do to this poor man's liver tonight... I'll see you both in a little bit."

He gave a quick nod, and vanished up the stairs to Beatrice's room to find a couple changes of clothes for Anna.

((OOC: Okay, I am getting old. Seems I am no longer quite up for partying and drinking for six and a half hours straight. Razz Still not actually hung over, though, just a bit fatigued.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:55 pm

[Morgan's office]

Colin nodded, "Of course I try to teach her that... the complication with miss Taldor is that her mother is forcing needless examinations on her, convinced that the poor child is a boy. Which in terms of mere flesh would seem to be true, but... well, it's a rather unpleasant topic when certain allegedly Christian values not found in the Bible are taken as gospel..."

Adley frowned. "This is the kind of problems I have with religions and the effects they can have, socially."

He nodded, "I would by far prefer a solution that lets her find peace and move on of her own volition than something... less gentle. I pulled the trigger on her son, after all..."

He frowned and wrote out, 'Do you still have the keychain?'

[Kyle's room]

"I thought so, he is pretty cool though I bet he could kick some ass if he wanted to." Kyle said and grinned. "I like him he feel like someone that I can trust."

"He most assuredly can, if he needs to do so. He is a good man, we are fortunate to have him as our mentor."

"I really like reading so that is quite okey for me." Your brother said and nodded.

"That's a good thing, believe me but not all of it is reading. There is going to be quite a lot of practical work too."

"All is ok, the book is really interesting and when I get to tired to read I will lay down and play a bit on my PSP." Kyle said, his room seamed quite ok. Curly where playing around one of the lamps, a notepad full of notes from the book he was reading where on the living room table along with a half gone glass of soda.
"That is great breakfast with evryone will be good...do not let me keep you though you can tell Master Morgan that I am just fine." He said and smiled.

It struck him very, very late that just perhaps his pater had wanted him to spend some time with his brother, if he wanted to, make sure he wasn't terrified and alone with an invisible watcher...and it wasn't as if his room wasn't currently occupied by someone though he doubted he would bother him in the other room and he would have to go in to grab a few things anyway. He'd likely be up far longer than Kyle as well, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. "Are you going to be up a while longer? I can come back after I grab my books and bag from my room and read here, help you with your practice a bit. You're not keeping me from much, though I might be a bit grumpier in a little while. Not your fault, I assure you."

// you're just out of practice ; ) /teasing

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:51 pm

(Jeffry's office)

Adley frowned. "This is the kind of problems I have with religions and the effects they can have, socially."

Jeffry's eyes darkened and the half empty coffee pot behind him started bubbling.
"I see and now the girl's family are using a child's usual fear of doctors and pain as a form of legal child abuse to punish her for being who she is and also to try to find something to explain her claims? That is despicable...I will not blame Anna for wanting to save her friend, but try to remind her that as mages we are so much more powerful than a sleeper, we see what they do not so harming a sleeper is distasteful, it is like an adult man harming a child or a human being beating a small dog or a cat, no matter how annoying the lesser party have been, using physical force against them are wrong just due to the power difference, protect the sleepers for they are ignorant of what they do."
The old Hermetic said still frowning.

"I would prefer that as well, perhaps she can be made to understand that in killing her son he was given a mercy for if he had been captured alive his fate would have been far worse."
The old Hermetic commented.
"He was allowed to die a warrior's death, if I had lost my hands at the hands of the enemy during similar situations I would have wanted my Cabal and my filii to forgive my slayer war claims lives that is the way it is."

(Kyle's room)

"He most assuredly can, if he needs to do so. He is a good man, we are fortunate to have him as our mentor."

"Yeah if he had not taken me in I would have been completely and utterly fucked, as fucked as one gets, with a cactus!"
Kyle grunted.
"I owe him everything and I will make sure to make him proud of me."
The boy promised.

"That's a good thing, believe me but not all of it is reading. There is going to be quite a lot of practical work too."

"That is good I like magick and I mean I assume there will be other things like chores and such as well and I will do those as well."
Your brother said and nodded.

"Are you going to be up a while longer? I can come back after I grab my books and bag from my room and read here, help you with your practice a bit. You're not keeping me from much, though I might be a bit grumpier in a little while. Not your fault, I assure you."

"I would like that if it is not to much of a bother for you, I would like the company and learning a bit more is always welcome."
Kyle said and smiled.
"But if there is anything else you need doing I can manage fine on my own as well."
He assured you.
"I will be up for a bit longer though probably not far out into the night, there have been allot of things happening today."

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

(Common room)

He nodded sagely, "When I was a kid, my parents had a beagle named Snoopy, and a canary bird named Woodstock. It was always considered a disappointment that the two never quite got along... or slept on the roof of the doghouse."

Richard smiled a little at that.
"My sister had a budgy she called Thundercracker he was dusk blue, or dog was just named Sally though, a mix we adopted, it did not feel right to give a five year old dog a new name to learn."
He said and he seamed fond of the old memories.
"It was Sally that made me want to be a doctor, she got an infection in a claw and I was allowed to be in the room as the vet removed it, he told me every step and it fascinated me how she was listless and in pain one day and running around trying to get her cone of shame off the day after so I wanted to become a healer as well."

He nodded, "There'll be an altercation with a nurse in a few weeks; I'd rather she'd learned to sort that out without risking breaking anything... And before you ask, no, she will not be the one in danger, she will act to protect another child in actual danger."

"I can teach her how a smaller person can break the grip of a larger and stronger one and push them over giving the one attacked time to run away, and that should not be more harmful than a fall onto one's butt are. Though off course wit all fighting there is a chance of injuries."
Your Cabalmate suggested.

He smiled wryly, "My apologies, doctor, for what I will help do to this poor man's liver tonight... I'll see you both in a little bit."

"I can hear the liver shuddering in fear from here."
Richard and and Rodger grinned.
"Nah he is okey with it Dr Lee, he likes being small and shriveled up."
The Umbral pilot commented and Richard gave him a bit of a look.

He gave a quick nod, and vanished up the stairs to Beatrice's room to find a couple changes of clothes for Anna.

You entered Beatrice's room and there you found the third shelf in her wardrobe, there was a pale green knitted weather Bee had not used much because it was a bit to big, two white tops with butterfly pint that where unloved for the same reason and a purple sweater that was to to dark in the colorings for your Cabalmate's taste. A pair of plain, blue jeans though they might be to small for Anna as Bee where far to thin, and a flowing, white night dress that Beatrice for some reason had never favored.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening)

"Perhaps. I would love to do that. See one of my drawings sculpted. Although I think the things I draw might be a bit difficult to translate into 3d." Serge said with a chuckle. "Does Mr. Wainwright work with glass? I thought he sculpted with a different material."

"You probably would have to draw something intended to be made into glass Sir."
Anna said then she shook her head.
"No he is a silversmith but he have a kiln so he have most of the equipment needed for working with glass. I suspect the first attempts for both of us will be little shapeless lumps but one have to start somewhere eh."
She said and grinned.

Serge hated racing games but decided not to mention that. He was outnumbered and their was no point in ruining the girls pleasant discussion with pointless negativity.

After some discussion the girls seamed to come to the conclusion that they liked the Rige Racer series but also the Wipeout series.
"I want a little space ship car full of weapons like that."
Anna announced and Yu Die nodded in agreement.

"It's like Yu Die said. It'll be fine. I'm sure your Mentor has something up his sleeves." Serge assured the Orphan.

"You are probably right Sir, I have to keep faith in that."
Anna said and she smiled a little. Yu Die nodded.
"Yeah my brother tells me that Mr Wainwright can talk anyone into doing anything so I am sure he will fix it Anna and my brother would know he is his Cabalmate."
The young Akashic said to calm the young Orphan and Anna smiled a little at that.

[Nicole] (Out on the town with the girls at 9 in the evening.)

Can't be a ladies night out. Ready too quick, we are.' Nicole quipped, giving a nod to the rest of the group.

"You should see how long it takes to get into a full Gothic Lolita, fit of the streets of Tokyo attire but right now I want to drink more than I want to look like a perfect Victorian porcelain doll."
Fran said, she still looked pretty much like a Victorian doll though.

'Now for the kit drill; everyone check pockets and bags. Not gonna have a situation where somebody loses ritual knives, odd powders or a gun... again.' unconsciously taking charge of the little group.

The group of mages started checking their pockets and purses.
"Well I have my gun and a few knives, just a few."
Fran said and Theadora nodded.
"A ritual knife, a gun and a wand for me."
Helga shrugged.
"I have left my gun in my room but I never leave home completely unarmed, I have some blades and a box of pepper spray and a set of knuckles on me, not planning on loosing them though."

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply new kitten.)

(OOC 2: Fran is 25, Theodora is 31 and Helga is 35.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Anja's Post:

'Think the lot at a sports bar wouldn't appreciate it anyways.' Nicole replied with a wry smile.

Anja's Post:

'So any creepy guy with wandering hands is really going to get it tonight.' she replied, checking her own pockets; discovering a teaspoon, several small fuses and a half-eaten, lint-covered candy bar in the coat. 'Ewww...' dumping the last in a nearby bin.

'Everyone got ID? Let's go then.'

[No worries]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight edit: US plugs don't have fuses...)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:09 pm

"You probably would have to draw something intended to be made into glass Sir."
Anna said then she shook her head.
"No he is a silversmith but he have a kiln so he have most of the equipment needed for working with glass. I suspect the first attempts for both of us will be little shapeless lumps but one have to start somewhere eh."
She said and grinned.

"Well keep those lumps. They'll be fun to look back on when your both master glass smiths" Serge said with a grin.

"A silversmith! That's unique. I wonder if he ever gets requests from secret werewolf hunters." Serge pondered.

After some discussion the girls seamed to come to the conclusion that they liked the Rige Racer series but also the Wipeout series.
"I want a little space ship car full of weapons like that."
Anna announced and Yu Die nodded in agreement.

"What sorts of weapons would you want on the car?" Serge asked, instinctively pulling out a pencil.

"You are probably right Sir, I have to keep faith in that."
Anna said and she smiled a little. Yu Die nodded.
"Yeah my brother tells me that Mr Wainwright can talk anyone into doing anything so I am sure he will fix it Anna and my brother would know he is his Cabalmate."
The young Akashic said to calm the young Orphan and Anna smiled a little at that.

"From what I've seen of him I'll have to agree with your brother." Serge said giving a nod of agreement in Yu Die's direction.

"Mr. Wainwright quite the talker. He talked me into cheering up a Nephandi prisoner and then just sort of vanished after I agreed." Serge said exaggerating the details a little.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:56 pm

[Nicole] (Out on the town with the girls at 9 in the evening.)

'Think the lot at a sports bar wouldn't appreciate it anyways.' Nicole replied with a wry smile.

"Probably not but I would not be getting dressed up for them."
Fran replied and grinned.

'So any creepy guy with wandering hands is really going to get it tonight.' she replied, checking her own pockets; discovering a teaspoon, several small fuses and a half-eaten, lint-covered candy bar in the coat. 'Ewww...' dumping the last in a nearby bin.

"I do not need weapons to do that."
Helga said darkly.
"And not magic either, but they might get a kick in the groin for their effort."
Theodora nodded at this seaming to agree with the Cultist's method for handling creeps.

'Everyone got ID? Let's go then.'

The others nodded. Fran led the way out of the Chantry, down a few blocks and towards a small noisy bar, the place smelled of beer, sweat and cheap food, a hockey game was on the large flat screen TV in the back and several patrons where gathered around it cheering at the goings on. There where two pool tables in the other end of the bar, two young men where playing at one of them, then there was a long, old fashioned bar with stools, and several small round tables scattered around the room. A young woman bartender where serving beer to a man in his 50's as your group went in.
"What if I get the first round and you guys get a table, what do everyone want?"
Theodora asked.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

"Well keep those lumps. They'll be fun to look back on when your both master glass smiths" Serge said with a grin.

"Also we could wire wrap them and make cool shabby cheek pendants out of them."
Yu Die suggested and Anna smiled.
"That is a great idea."
She agreed.

"A silversmith! That's unique. I wonder if he ever gets requests from secret werewolf hunters." Serge pondered.

"I hope not, it is not nice to hurt creatures just for being what they are, and besides shape changers are cool."
Anna said and petted Strawberry who thankfully where asleep and did not hear the conversation.

"What sorts of weapons would you want on the car?" Serge asked, instinctively pulling out a pencil.

"Rockets and that shockwave thing, but really you drive over symbols and you get all sort of weapons in the games Sir."
The young Orphan said and smiled.

"From what I've seen of him I'll have to agree with your brother." Serge said giving a nod of agreement in Yu Die's direction.

"Mr. Wainwright quite the talker. He talked me into cheering up a Nephandi prisoner and then just sort of vanished after I agreed." Serge said exaggerating the details a little.

"Well that was nice of you Mr Yager I mean the prisoners they are probably terrified considering...what will happen to them."
Anna muttered and Yu Die shivered.
"Yeah...that is horrible."
The Orphan agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Anja's Post:

'Creeps don't bother me much. No idea why...' Nicole replied in a faux-thoughtful tone.

Anja's Post:

Once out of the Chantry, Nicole lit a cigarette, glancing up at the sky afterwards. 'Shit... what happened to the moon? Oh yeah, that eclipse thing.' ending with a little shrug.

On reaching the bar, Nicole's eyes went straight to the game on the screen, barely taking in the rest of the surroundings.

'Go on then. Mine's a decent beer, like Sam Adams. Or least something which doesn't taste like carpet, like Keystone.' looking around to locate a table where she could keep half an eye on the game... and the front door too.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:24 pm

[Morgan's office]
Jeffry's eyes darkened and the half empty coffee pot behind him started bubbling.
"I see and now the girl's family are using a child's usual fear of doctors and pain as a form of legal child abuse to punish her for being who she is and also to try to find something to explain her claims? That is despicable...I will not blame Anna for wanting to save her friend, but try to remind her that as mages we are so much more powerful than a sleeper, we see what they do not so harming a sleeper is distasteful, it is like an adult man harming a child or a human being beating a small dog or a cat, no matter how annoying the lesser party have been, using physical force against them are wrong just due to the power difference, protect the sleepers for they are ignorant of what they do."
The old Hermetic said still frowning.
Colin frowned, "The parents are not using a child's fear as punishment, no... The mother, in particular, is trying to find something wrong, something that can be fixed with her daughter to make her believe she's a boy again. And in the process, they're creating a fear of medical personnel. I will do what I can to make sure that Anna's reaction is as harmless to the nurse as possible; with luck, Dr. Lee will be able to help teach her a few maneuvers that will simply convince an assailant to sit down a little without risking serious or lasting harm."

He frowned and wrote out, 'Do you still have the keychain?'
"I would prefer that as well, perhaps she can be made to understand that in killing her son he was given a mercy for if he had been captured alive his fate would have been far worse."
The old Hermetic commented.
"He was allowed to die a warrior's death, if I had lost my hands at the hands of the enemy during similar situations I would have wanted my Cabal and my filii to forgive my slayer war claims lives that is the way it is."
He nodded, "I have the keychain resting on a shelf in my apartment; I'll bring it down to my workshop tomorrow, to clean it and make a small shrine of it... The poor ghost still only remembers the sweet child she had when she was shot, not the adult Fallen we had to... well... I am not proud of how I handled it."

[Common room]
Richard smiled a little at that.
"My sister had a budgy she called Thundercracker he was dusk blue, or dog was just named Sally though, a mix we adopted, it did not feel right to give a five year old dog a new name to learn."
He said and he seamed fond of the old memories.
"It was Sally that made me want to be a doctor, she got an infection in a claw and I was allowed to be in the room as the vet removed it, he told me every step and it fascinated me how she was listless and in pain one day and running around trying to get her cone of shame off the day after so I wanted to become a healer as well."
He smiled, "That's a good reason to get into medicine. Though I do hope you don't generally use the cone of shame on your own patients?"

"I can teach her how a smaller person can break the grip of a larger and stronger one and push them over giving the one attacked time to run away, and that should not be more harmful than a fall onto one's butt are. Though off course wit all fighting there is a chance of injuries."
Your Cabalmate suggested.
He nodded, "But with such techniques, the risk of a broken arm or leg would be greatly diminished... In the timeline in question, she delivered a swift kick to cause pain and make the nurse lose her grip - I do not know if there was any actual injury at that time."

You entered Beatrice's room and there you found the third shelf in her wardrobe, there was a pale green knitted weather Bee had not used much because it was a bit to big, two white tops with butterfly pint that where unloved for the same reason and a purple sweater that was to to dark in the colorings for your Cabalmate's taste. A pair of plain, blue jeans though they might be to small for Anna as Bee where far to thin, and a flowing, white night dress that Beatrice for some reason had never favored.
He quickly rummaged through the shelf and collected the tops, sweaters and night dress, gave the jeans a quick once-over to see if they'd be likely to fit, shrugged, and put the jeans back, neatly folding and stacking the set of clothes over his arm before heading on to Freddy's room to check the door.

((OOC: Out of practice, old and rusty. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 pm

"I hope not, it is not nice to hurt creatures just for being what they are, and besides shape changers are cool."
Anna said and petted Strawberry who thankfully where asleep and did not hear the conversation.

"Shapechangers are really cool. Plus, I doubt Mr.Wainwright would make silver bullets for some random stranger." Serge said. "What sorts of things does he usually make?"

"Rockets and that shockwave thing, but really you drive over symbols and you get all sort of weapons in the games Sir."
The young Orphan said and smile

"How'd you want your car to look? If you could customize every aspect of it. What kinds of cool patterns and designs would you plastered all over it?" Serge asked as he flipped to a random page In the sketchbook and began doodling the car that Anna described.

"Well that was nice of you Mr Yager I mean the prisoners they are probably terrified considering...what will happen to them."
Anna muttered and Yu Die shivered.
"Yeah...that is horrible."
The Orphan agreed.

"Yeah...I certainly learned that multiple times over. I had to calm down and cheer up a lot of different prisoners like that. Don't know if I did a good job or not but I wish I could've done more." Serge said sadly as images of Cadence, Ulv, and other prisoners flowed through his mind.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:25 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening.)

"Shapechangers are really cool. Plus, I doubt Mr.Wainwright would make silver bullets for some random stranger." Serge said. "What sorts of things does he usually make?"

"I think he mostly make trinkets and jewelry and like silver spoons and such, no I do think he would ask questions before making weapons."
Anna agreed.

"How'd you want your car to look? If you could customize every aspect of it. What kinds of cool patterns and designs would you plastered all over it?" Serge asked as he flipped to a random page In the sketchbook and began doodling the car that Anna described.

"One of those triangular, spaceship cars from Wipeout hum it can be pale blue with a dark blue dragon with gold details down the side and black windows."
The young Orphan said and grinned.
"It would be cool."

"Yeah...I certainly learned that multiple times over. I had to calm down and cheer up a lot of different prisoners like that. Don't know if I did a good job or not but I wish I could've done more." Serge said sadly as images of Cadence, Ulv, and other prisoners flowed through his mind.

"When you are trapped and alone Mr Yager that someone do try mean allot, even if it might not be enough, I mean a bit of comfort will not make it all okey but it still means allot."
Yu Die said and frowned she seamed to know what she was talking about. Anna frowned a little at that and nodded.
"Yeah that someone care do help Sir."

[Colin] (Steelhaven 8 30 in the evening)

(Jeffry's office)

Colin frowned, "The parents are not using a child's fear as punishment, no... The mother, in particular, is trying to find something wrong, something that can be fixed with her daughter to make her believe she's a boy again. And in the process, they're creating a fear of medical personnel. I will do what I can to make sure that Anna's reaction is as harmless to the nurse as possible; with luck, Dr. Lee will be able to help teach her a few maneuvers that will simply convince an assailant to sit down a little without risking serious or lasting harm."

"I see, well that is almost as bad, there is nothing wrong with the girl, sometimes a soul meant for a man is born in a female body and vice versa, no one know why, perhaps it is just more complicated than what privates one possess. Thank you I will let Anna help her friend as long as she o not harm the nurses."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

He nodded, "I have the keychain resting on a shelf in my apartment; I'll bring it down to my workshop tomorrow, to clean it and make a small shrine of it... The poor ghost still only remembers the sweet child she had when she was shot, not the adult Fallen we had to... well... I am not proud of how I handled it."

"Some ghosts are sort of stuck in the time they died and unable to see that time have moved on for the rest of the world, and no it is never something to be proud of to take a life but I will assume you had little other choice Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said softly.

(Common room)

He smiled, "That's a good reason to get into medicine. Though I do hope you don't generally use the cone of shame on your own patients?"

Richard grinned at that.
"No but perhaps I should."
He joked.

He nodded, "But with such techniques, the risk of a broken arm or leg would be greatly diminished... In the timeline in question, she delivered a swift kick to cause pain and make the nurse lose her grip - I do not know if there was any actual injury at that time."

"A kick to the shins or the like very seldom create worse wounds than a bruise but yes what I will teach her will be safer for both Anna and the one she will be fighting...I assume there are no way you can convince her not to kick nurses."
Your Cabalmate said and he raised an eyebrow.

He quickly rummaged through the shelf and collected the tops, sweaters and night dress, gave the jeans a quick once-over to see if they'd be likely to fit, shrugged, and put the jeans back, neatly folding and stacking the set of clothes over his arm before heading on to Freddy's room to check the door.

Freddy where heading out the door as you reached her apparent, a large basket full of crafting supplied in her arms.
"Hi Colin."
She said and grinned.
"This is the last of the things I am placing with Fran, my apartment should be safe for Anna now."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled, her eyes focused now though her vision was still blurry.

[Nicole] (Out on the town with the girls at 9 in the evening)

'Creeps don't bother me much. No idea why...' Nicole replied in a faux-thoughtful tone.

"Yeah well I don't like to be touched."
Helga said sharply her eyes showing pain for a moment then she shook her head.
"Well let us hope no one tries anything."

Once out of the Chantry, Nicole lit a cigarette, glancing up at the sky afterwards. 'Shit... what happened to the moon? Oh yeah, that eclipse thing.' ending with a little shrug.

"Yeah that is rather....creepy actually."
Theodora said and looked up.
"I did some ritual work earlier tonight though the energies are fantastic, I wonder if the Nephies decided to do their thing tonight because of that?"
The young Tytalus asked no one in particular.

On reaching the bar, Nicole's eyes went straight to the game on the screen, barely taking in the rest of the surroundings.

'Go on then. Mine's a decent beer, like Sam Adams. Or least something which doesn't taste like carpet, like Keystone.' looking around to locate a table where she could keep half an eye on the game... and the front door too.

"I would like a sweet cherry please."
Fran said and Helga grunted.
"Beer...European if possible. I will help you carry the drinks, your hand is still hurt."
She announced and Theodora nodded.
"Thanks."
The two of them wandered off. You found a table where you could see the TV an the front door which was empty.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Anja's Post:

'Remember some God guy on the radio yesterday... going on about how the world was gonna end tonight.' Nicole commented thoughtfully.

Anja's Post:

'Oooh, fancy.' Nicole quipped on Helga's choice, moving over to the table to sit down.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:20 pm

[Morgan's office]
"I see, well that is almost as bad, there is nothing wrong with the girl, sometimes a soul meant for a man is born in a female body and vice versa, no one know why, perhaps it is just more complicated than what privates one possess. Thank you I will let Anna help her friend as long as she o not harm the nurses."
Colin frowned, "I would argue that it is worse, creating fear and pain where neither were needed... and I will do what I can to minimize the risk of harm to the nurses. Anna will still run to the rescue, but... it will work out. For both girl, once Dr. Bouchard gets involved at the right time."

"Some ghosts are sort of stuck in the time they died and unable to see that time have moved on for the rest of the world, and no it is never something to be proud of to take a life but I will assume you had little other choice Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said softly.
He frowned, "I could have waited a little, let mother and son reunite, if only for a brief moment... I did steal that away from them."

[Common room]
"A kick to the shins or the like very seldom create worse wounds than a bruise but yes what I will teach her will be safer for both Anna and the one she will be fighting...I assume there are no way you can convince her not to kick nurses."
Your Cabalmate said and he raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "By and large, Anna will not turn to violence. The incident in October, though, will be a matter of protecting another from needless harm. Not just from Anna's perspective, but an objectively heroic rescue. The nurses, though, will not be willing and informed accomplices in the situation, merely... tools, as it were, acting on false information."

[Upstairs]
Freddy where heading out the door as you reached her apparent, a large basket full of crafting supplied in her arms.
"Hi Colin."
She said and grinned.
"This is the last of the things I am placing with Fran, my apartment should be safe for Anna now."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled, her eyes focused now though her vision was still blurry.
He grinned, "Hey, luv, I was just going to drop off some spare clothes for Anna, courtesy of Beatrice, before retrieving her and bringing her around. I'll let Dr. Lee give her a quick checkup first, just in case, and then I'll bring her up. Hopefully, she hasn't scarred anyone for life yet."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:51 am

(Morgan's office)

Colin frowned, "I would argue that it is worse, creating fear and pain where neither were needed... and I will do what I can to minimize the risk of harm to the nurses. Anna will still run to the rescue, but... it will work out. For both girl, once Dr. Bouchard gets involved at the right time."

"They do that in some of the more restrictive churches, try to convince you 're not gay, or what gender you feel you are, or anything else that does not conform...pray for you, and send you away to "summer camp" to brainwash you until you "get better." When none of that works, parents might send you to the doctor, or the psychiatrist. I've heard about it happening. I never told my family, in case they might think it was a good idea...I feel for her."

Jeffry said softly.
He frowned, "I could have waited a little, let mother and son reunite, if only for a brief moment... I did steal that away from them."

"It seemed important, perhaps show it to AJ before you clean it up," he suggested.

(Kyle's room)

"I would like that if it is not to much of a bother for you, I would like the company and learning a bit more is always welcome." Kyle said and smiled. "But if there is anything else you need doing I can manage fine on my own as well." He assured you. "I will be up for a bit longer though probably not far out into the night, there have been allot of things happening today."

"I was just going to read a while, so I may as well read in here, right? I just need to get some things. I'll be back shortly then. " He nodded to him and went down the hall to his room. He needed his bag from the living room desk and a blank notebook.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 am

"I think he mostly make trinkets and jewelry and like silver spoons and such, no I do think he would ask questions before making weapons."
Anna agreed.

"Yeah, I remember hearing how he made stuff like that. Do you think he could make something mechanical? Something simple, like a small toy or a pen?" Serge asked next.

"One of those triangular, spaceship cars from Wipeout hum it can be pale blue with a dark blue dragon with gold details down the side and black windows."
The young Orphan said and grinned.
"It would be cool."

Serge drew with his right hand and pulled out a reference image on his phone with his left, due to his inexperience with the series.

He drew it as described, triangular, sleek, sharp, with a minamalist design that seem to favor speed. The dark blue dragon was drawn so that it stretched across the side and appeared that his mouth was engulfing the triangular end of the car.

"When you are trapped and alone Mr Yager that someone do try mean allot, even if it might not be enough, I mean a bit of comfort will not make it all okey but it still means allot."
Yu Die said and frowned she seamed to know what she was talking about. Anna frowned a little at that and nodded.
"Yeah that someone care do help Sir."

A small defeated chuckle came from Serge. "Yeah. I should probably know that better than most. Thanks. Its nice to hear I helped."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next