Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 16 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:10 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"You need to learn how to communicate with them young one, remember a jovial gesture here is a grievous insult in Korea so you need to know the rules and get used to the way spirits think."
George said.
"Remember they are not human and never have been."

"I'll remember that for the future. I just need a bit of practice." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"Yes I did not assume her to undertake a working to merge two time lines on a whim."
The Primus said.
"Likely she have prepared for months for this."

"For months of work, she certainly left a lot of things to chance." Serge said frowning slightly.

Anja wrote:"It is a question worth asking."
The Primus said. The spirit looked at you though it's strange form did not really have eyes as it replied.
"Twenty one minutes and seven seconds by car, Three hours two minutes and four seconds if you walk though the exact time vary from day to day."
The Umbrood replied.

Serge nodded at that and looked at the Primus, "With that information we might be able to determine potential locations where this happened."

Anja wrote:"What is a location?"
The umbrood asked sounding confused.

"Pardon me. I believe it can also be referred to as a 'point in the Now'? Is that more understandable?" Serge explained, remembering something his cabalmate had said.  

Anja wrote:"Well fate would be another part of reality, it would still likely be a spirit of time but it might be a spirit of old grudges and retribution on the guilty."
George replied at he regarded the strange spirit.

"Oooh, that's a good too." Serge said, seeming more on board with the name than he did before.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 16 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:58 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"I'll remember that for the future. I just need a bit of practice." Serge said with a nod.

"Indeed so."
George agreed.

"For months of work, she certainly left a lot of things to chance." Serge said frowning slightly.

"Really what is it she have left to chance child? Her plan nearly worked if that message that your Cabalmate where wondering about had not worried him enough to come to me about it, chances are we would not have caught it in time."
The Primus asked and he raised an eyebrow.

Serge nodded at that and looked at the Primus, "With that information we might be able to determine potential locations where this happened."

"Yes there is a good chance that we can child."
George agreed with a pleased nod.

"Pardon me. I believe it can also be referred to as a 'point in the Now'? Is that more understandable?" Serge explained, remembering something his cabalmate had said.

"Ah yes...well this did happen in a point in the now."
The spirit said convinced it now understood you.

"Oooh, that's a good too." Serge said, seeming more on board with the name than he did before.

"It might also be dangerous but yes this might work out to our favor indeed."
The Primus agreed and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:47 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"Kyle idolize you Adley I suspect he...would like to appear strong in your eyes."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"To impress his older brother."

"He is strong, he does not need to prove it to me. His reaction is...understandable."

Beatrice nodded she took the glass of water.
"I will remind him Colin, poor kid hopefully he will be saved."
She muttered and headed into the bathroom to check on Kyle.
Colin nodded and sighed softly, "Poor kid, I didn't mean to upset him that badly..."

"Honestly, what did you /think/ was going to happen? Not everyone has such a blase attitude to...that, you know. And we leave soon, please...he hasn't even eaten anything, I've been trying to get him settled to eat something and now whatever he had in there is gone," he said sternly, and sounding upset.

He smiled wryly, "Overcrowded classrooms and overworked teachers... underfunded schools and various social groups like the burly bullies and the mean girls who rule the schoolyard with an iron fist, and the more timid kids who just try to learn something other than how to dodge bullies... The public education system is a bit of a shambles, really. And, of course, the slight risk of a bit of Union oversight."
"That do not sound good, it is better to learn here then."
Anna said then she pointed at Adley.
"But Mr Rot Hicks are a teacher is he not, he teach people stuff so school have to do something."

"Oh, dodging bullies turned out to be a good thing for me to learn, as it happened. It's not always easy to learn depending on which school you go to, but you can wrestle a lot of information out of the library, or if you find a good teacher. I teach college, and much enjoyed my time in college with regards to learning. I learned a lot language outside of school, starting in churches."

e smiled wryly at Adley, "Yes, he is, but on a higher level. Where he teaches, people have to pay to study, so there's generally a bit more... dedication to academia in a university than in middle school. I suppose the teachers may still be a little overworked, but nowhere near the extent in public schools..."

"Many people get scholarships. And some really do not put in any more effort than they did in any other school they were in, other hardships or not. My classroom size is a lecture hall of hundreds, I would prefer a smaller one but that is the way it is at most lower division courses. Middle and high school teachers have to deal with younger attention spans on top of resource crunches, it is a hard job."

"I understand but would not someone need good education on the lower levels before they get to the higher ones? There are no point in having good higher education if you don't have good basics is there?"
Anna asked sounding confused.
Colin nodded, "True, and there are differences between public schools - not all are run down and overcrowded... That's one of those social inequalities I've mentioned; poorer districts tend to have fewer kids with the grades needed to get into higher education. It's a problem a lot of Sleepers are addressing, too."

"Yes, that is so. It can be hard, that is why the first year there is a lot of remedial assistance available for some of the basics like English and Mathmatics, but it would be much better to be able to learn it earlier."

[A spirited rebuttal]

"It hasn't been very joyful for me so far. I end up just making them angry and getting nearly set on fire. Although I can't say it hasn't been fun. Perhaps with a bit of practice I'll get the hand of it." Serge said with a small grin.

"Not true, you had an enjoyable visit otherwise," he said with a sideways look. "This is a good way to learn, they are so varied that interacting with different types is useful. Though the conditions should always be set to protect you, of course."

"Yes she did, she gave me Quintessence from each so I could identify them and ordered me to merge the two time lines."
The spirit confirmed.

"Did you already use this quintessence, by this point in the now?"

"You would be three minutes and five seconds older if you went there though the Umbra."
The spirit said.
"Twenty one minutes and seven seconds if you drive in the physical world. Three hours, two minutes and four seconds if you walk."
The spirit offered.
He frowned, "A... Amicus? How long does it take for you to get to work in the morning?"

"That was remarkably useful." He frowned, as a thought occurred to him just as Colin asked him a question in the same vein. As the crow flew, or without traffic or construction re-routes it was 20-25 minutes. He gave him a glance, then asked the spirit, "By the compass of the earthly plane, whereby north is this direction," he gestured to the right point, "which direction was the journey by walking or car?" he asked.

He nodded, then glanced to Adley, George and Serge, "Alright, gentlemen, before I make the offer, then, how do you feel about 'Karma' for a name? Or do you have better suggestions?"

"It is an umbrood of Time; it should have something similar to its job that it had previously to having it's Name taken. Perhaps you should ask the spirit what it's normal duties are...or were? I feel that would be better than us trying to turn it into something it is not, simply because we find the idea satisfying," he said flatly.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Adley wrote:"Not true, you had an enjoyable visit otherwise," he said with a sideways look. "This is a good way to learn, they are so varied that interacting with different types is useful. Though the conditions should always be set to protect you, of course."

"I tried to make it enjoyable for the little imp. But I was a little on edge that I would've been lit on fire. Especially when I let it slip that most of what I was carrying was flammable." Serge said with a smile. "Although it was quite enjoyable. I wouldn't mind meeting her again."

Anja wrote:"Really what is it she have left to chance child? Her plan nearly worked if that message that your Cabalmate where wondering about had not worried him enough to come to me about it, chances are we would not have caught it in time."

"I don't know about that. She sent a spirit to attack someone in the middle of a busy chantry full of people who could've quickly stalled or identified the problem. The attack also wasn't very precise, it's effects could be seen throughout the chantry like with what my cabalmate saw. All it took was one person to notice it's effects to lower the plan's chance of success." Serge said, explaining his reasoning.

Anja wrote:"Yes there is a good chance that we can child."

Serge thought for a moment before looking at the spirit and asking, "You described how the women looked like. But do you think you can describe what your surroundings look like. Or...perhaps a better question would be...how old were your surroundings?"

He figured if the spirit excelled in time-based questions, he would know the ages of the things around him. Knowing how old the area the spirit was summoned in would help. At least it would help narrow down the potential building it could be in.

Adley wrote:"That was remarkably useful." He frowned, as a thought occurred to him just as Colin asked him a question in the same vein. As the crow flew, or without traffic or construction re-routes it was 20-25 minutes. He gave him a glance, then asked the spirit, "By the compass of the earthly plane, whereby north is this direction," he gestured to the right point, "which direction was the journey by walking or car?" he asked.

Serge looked at the spirit, curious as to its answer and whether it would understand the cardinal directions or the concept of direction at all.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:34 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"He is strong, he does not need to prove it to me. His reaction is...understandable."

"Yes it is...understandable."
Beatrice said darkly.
"And I know that but he want to impress you, which is pretty natural for a younger brother to want his holder brother to be impressed by him."
She said softly.

"Oh, dodging bullies turned out to be a good thing for me to learn, as it happened. It's not always easy to learn depending on which school you go to, but you can wrestle a lot of information out of the library, or if you find a good teacher. I teach college, and much enjoyed my time in college with regards to learning. I learned a lot language outside of school, starting in churches."

"Yeah not getting shot is good, take it from me Sir it hurts and it is even worse if it don't hurt then you die."
Anna said and nodded.
"Collage that is the higher educations right? You know allot of languages Sir? How many do you know?"

"Many people get scholarships. And some really do not put in any more effort than they did in any other school they were in, other hardships or not. My classroom size is a lecture hall of hundreds, I would prefer a smaller one but that is the way it is at most lower division courses. Middle and high school teachers have to deal with younger attention spans on top of resource crunches, it is a hard job."

"I guess some don't want to learn, but I don't understand that Sir I always want to learn."
Anna said then she frowned.
"Being a teacher must be hard. What are attention span by the way?"
She asked and she glanced up at Adley.

Yes, that is so. It can be hard, that is why the first year there is a lot of remedial assistance available for some of the basics like English and Mathmatics, but it would be much better to be able to learn it earlier."

"I see so you can get some help with the basics when you go to collage? That is useful."
Anna said then she looked at Colin.
"Am I going to go to collage dad?"
She asked.

[A spirited rebuttal]

"Did you already use this quintessence, by this point in the now?"

"No I have not needed to by this point in the now, I have been summoned and not needed to use my own power to cross the Gauntlet."
The spirit said.

"That was remarkably useful." He frowned, as a thought occurred to him just as Colin asked him a question in the same vein. As the crow flew, or without traffic or construction re-routes it was 20-25 minutes. He gave him a glance, then asked the spirit, "By the compass of the earthly plane, whereby north is this direction," he gestured to the right point, "which direction was the journey by walking or car?" he asked.

"In the direction ruled by Gabriel."
The spirit replied.
"I think, I do not really understand directions they are not a part of my Domain but I the four archangels stand guardian and that I can understand."

"It is an umbrood of Time; it should have something similar to its job that it had previously to having it's Name taken. Perhaps you should ask the spirit what it's normal duties are...or were? I feel that would be better than us trying to turn it into something it is not, simply because we find the idea satisfying," he said flatly.

George nodded approvingly at that.

"I don't know about that. She sent a spirit to attack someone in the middle of a busy chantry full of people who could've quickly stalled or identified the problem. The attack also wasn't very precise, it's effects could be seen throughout the chantry like with what my cabalmate saw. All it took was one person to notice it's effects to lower the plan's chance of success." Serge said, explaining his reasoning.

"I am afraid child that merging of timelines are quite difficult and is not a precise science, any plan have a chance of failure but A she chose a spirit that could actually get into the Chantry though the wards, most would not, and B yes it was discovered but that was by pure luck. I am afraid plans in real life is not like in storybooks flawless until the dashing heroes comes by. All in all this was a pretty well coordinated attack and remember it was not a traditional attack either but a merging of timelines if I had not by chance gotten prior knowledge of it then it would have succeeded."
George said calmly.

Serge thought for a moment before looking at the spirit and asking, "You described how the women looked like. But do you think you can describe what your surroundings look like. Or...perhaps a better question would be...how old were your surroundings?"

He figured if the spirit excelled in time-based questions, knowing how old the area the spirit was summoned in would help. At least it would help narrow down the potential building it could be in.

"The stone in the wall and floor where 5 million, three hundred ad fifty thousand four hundred and nine years old, the building as a unit are three hundred and twenty one years old, the table where fifty three years and five months, her robes where two months and four days old, the drawings on the floor where done seven minutes before the now I was summoned in."
The spirit replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:04 pm

[Nassa's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Nicole thanked the Deacon, and gave Kyle a friendly nod on passing; though he might see the woman was clearly both in a hurry and somewhat distracted.

Anja's Post:

'That I did. If you two follow me in a different car, you can park up in the strip-mall beside the shop - the target might get spooked if you drove in to our lot. I'll flash my lights when we've arrived.'

'Do you have my "delivery"?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"Honestly, what did you /think/ was going to happen? Not everyone has such a blase attitude to...that, you know. And we leave soon, please...he hasn't even eaten anything, I've been trying to get him settled to eat something and now whatever he had in there is gone," he said sternly, and sounding upset.
Colin shook his head, "I didn't expect so dramatic a reaction. I overestimated his fortitude, or underestimated the stress he's under. One of the two. I can only apologize for that... Not much else of practical value I can think of right now, aside from the antacids..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Oh, dodging bullies turned out to be a good thing for me to learn, as it happened. It's not always easy to learn depending on which school you go to, but you can wrestle a lot of information out of the library, or if you find a good teacher. I teach college, and much enjoyed my time in college with regards to learning. I learned a lot language outside of school, starting in churches."
Anja wrote:"Yeah not getting shot is good, take it from me Sir it hurts and it is even worse if it don't hurt then you die."
Anna said and nodded.
"Collage that is the higher educations right? You know allot of languages Sir? How many do you know?"
He smiled wryly, "Dodging bullies, Sweetie, not bullets. Gunfire is fortunately still blessedly rare in schools, though you wouldn't know it from watching the news..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Many people get scholarships. And some really do not put in any more effort than they did in any other school they were in, other hardships or not. My classroom size is a lecture hall of hundreds, I would prefer a smaller one but that is the way it is at most lower division courses. Middle and high school teachers have to deal with younger attention spans on top of resource crunches, it is a hard job."
Anja wrote:"I guess some don't want to learn, but I don't understand that Sir I always want to learn."
He grinned at Adley, "I'll leave this one to you, Amicus."

S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, that is so. It can be hard, that is why the first year there is a lot of remedial assistance available for some of the basics like English and Mathmatics, but it would be much better to be able to learn it earlier."
Anja wrote:"I see so you can get some help with the basics when you go to collage? That is useful."
Anna said then she looked at Colin.
"Am I going to go to collage dad?"
She asked.
He pondered for a moment, "Probably not... for several reasons, cost being the least of them. I believe you'll do far better, far quicker, with personal instruction and self-study anyway; in the words of Frank Zappa, if you want to get an education, go to the library."
He gave Adley an apologetic smile, "No slight intended to your esteemed profession, of course."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Jeremy wrote:"It hasn't been very joyful for me so far. I end up just making them angry and getting nearly set on fire. Although I can't say it hasn't been fun. Perhaps with a bit of practice I'll get the hand of it." Serge said with a small grin.
Anja wrote:"You need to learn how to communicate with them young one, remember a jovial gesture here is a grievous insult in Korea so you need to know the rules and get used to the way spirits think."
George said.
"Remember they are not human and never have been."
Jeremy wrote:"I'll remember that for the future. I just need a bit of practice." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy wrote:"Indeed so."
George agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Not true, you had an enjoyable visit otherwise," he said with a sideways look. "This is a good way to learn, they are so varied that interacting with different types is useful. Though the conditions should always be set to protect you, of course."
Jeremy wrote:"I tried to make it enjoyable for the little imp. But I was a little on edge that I would've been lit on fire. Especially when I let it slip that most of what I was carrying was flammable." Serge said with a smile. "Although it was quite enjoyable. I wouldn't mind meeting her again."
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, you met the adorable little brat, then? Consider this, though, speaking with spirits can be a lot like speaking with children, in terms of there being things they don't understand."

Jeremy wrote:"She certainly did her research..." Serge said thoughtfully.
Anja wrote:"Yes I did not assume her to undertake a working to merge two time lines on a whim."
The Primus said.
"Likely she have prepared for months for this."
Jeremy wrote:"For months of work, she certainly left a lot of things to chance." Serge said frowning slightly.
Anja wrote:"Really what is it she have left to chance child? Her plan nearly worked if that message that your Cabalmate where wondering about had not worried him enough to come to me about it, chances are we would not have caught it in time."
Jeremy wrote:"I don't know about that. She sent a spirit to attack someone in the middle of a busy chantry full of people who could've quickly stalled or identified the problem. The attack also wasn't very precise, it's effects could be seen throughout the chantry like with what my cabalmate saw. All it took was one person to notice it's effects to lower the plan's chance of success." Serge said, explaining his reasoning.
Anja wrote:"I am afraid child that merging of timelines are quite difficult and is not a precise science, any plan have a chance of failure but A she chose a spirit that could actually get into the Chantry though the wards, most would not, and B yes it was discovered but that was by pure luck. I am afraid plans in real life is not like in storybooks flawless until the dashing heroes comes by. All in all this was a pretty well coordinated attack and remember it was not a traditional attack either but a merging of timelines if I had not by chance gotten prior knowledge of it then it would have succeeded."
George said calmly.
He frowned, "Very few points where we might have caught on... Without the telephone problems, I can only see one other point where we might have figured something out, and that was the syringe that appeared in my pocket. When Anna became sick and the syringe appeared, we could have figured out the situation - but by then, it might have been too late to stop it. This was not at all sloppy work, it was very well executed, only stopped by a fluke."
He glanced at the spirit, "Almost a fluke one might suspect was intentional..."

Jeremy wrote:"Arg...I really liked that idea too. But yeah that's a good point. Although he did seem to have some form of understanding to how we view time linearly. Perhaps ask him how much older we would be if we were to travel to the location where he was summoned?"

Sighing a little, he looked at the spirit and said, "How long would it take for us to get from this point here to the location where you were summoned? Assuming we traveled in the physical realm as opposed to the Umbra."
Anja wrote:"It is a question worth asking."
The Primus said. The spirit looked at you though it's strange form did not really have eyes as it replied.
"Twenty one minutes and seven seconds by car, Three hours two minutes and four seconds if you walk though the exact time vary from day to day."
The Umbrood replied.
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded at that and looked at the Primus, "With that information we might be able to determine potential locations where this happened."
Anja wrote:"Yes there is a good chance that we can child."
Jeremy wrote:Serge thought for a moment before looking at the spirit and asking, "You described how the women looked like. But do you think you can describe what your surroundings look like. Or...perhaps a better question would be...how old were your surroundings?"

He figured if the spirit excelled in time-based questions, he would know the ages of the things around him. Knowing how old the area the spirit was summoned in would help. At least it would help narrow down the potential building it could be in.
Anja wrote:"The stone in the wall and floor where 5 million, three hundred ad fifty thousand four hundred and nine years old, the building as a unit are three hundred and twenty one years old, the table where fifty three years and five months, her robes where two months and four days old, the drawings on the floor where done seven minutes before the now I was summoned in."
The spirit replied.
He arched an eyebrow, "Just five million and change years? Seems awfully young for stone... but there are many buildings in Boston that well predate the United States."

S7trif3 wrote:"That was remarkably useful." He frowned, as a thought occurred to him just as Colin asked him a question in the same vein. As the crow flew, or without traffic or construction re-routes it was 20-25 minutes. He gave him a glance, then asked the spirit, "By the compass of the earthly plane, whereby north is this direction," he gestured to the right point, "which direction was the journey by walking or car?" he asked.
Jeremy wrote:Serge looked at the spirit, curious as to its answer and whether it would understand the cardinal directions or the concept of direction at all.
Anja wrote:"In the direction ruled by Gabriel."
The spirit replied.
"I think, I do not really understand directions they are not a part of my Domain but I the four archangels stand guardian and that I can understand."
He glanced at Serge, and shrugged as if to say, 'that didn't tell me much, either.'

Jeremy wrote:"Is that to the location where the women summoned you?" Serge asked, a little confused as to what the spirit was referring too.
Anja wrote:"What is a location?"
The umbrood asked sounding confused.
Jeremy wrote:"Pardon me. I believe it can also be referred to as a 'point in the Now'? Is that more understandable?" Serge explained, remembering something his cabalmate had said.
Anja wrote:"Ah yes...well this did happen in a point in the now."
The spirit said convinced it now understood you.
He looked to Serge, "The poor fellow might not be able to easily distinguish points in the Here, as opposed to points in the Now. Travel time is one thing, but when you travel by association and the age of things..."

Jeremy wrote:"Karma works for me. Short, sweet and simple. Plus I bet it would turn him into a cool spirit of fate. Also all the other names I can think of are too long and would likely make him a monster."
Anja wrote:"Well fate would be another part of reality, it would still likely be a spirit of time but it might be a spirit of old grudges and retribution on the guilty."
George replied at he regarded the strange spirit.
Jeremy wrote:"Oooh, that's a good too." Serge said, seeming more on board with the name than he did before.
Anja wrote:"It might also be dangerous but yes this might work out to our favor indeed."
S7trif3 wrote:"It is an umbrood of Time; it should have something similar to its job that it had previously to having it's Name taken. Perhaps you should ask the spirit what it's normal duties are...or were? I feel that would be better than us trying to turn it into something it is not, simply because we find the idea satisfying," he said flatly.
Anja wrote:George nodded approvingly at that.
He nodded, "A point well made, Amicus... Spirit, what can you tell us of what your purview was before your Name was stolen?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, you met the adorable little brat, then? Consider this, though, speaking with spirits can be a lot like speaking with children, in terms of there being things they don't understand."

"I'm usually great with children. Although I guess I don't really try to explain human concepts to them. Or explain anything really. I mostly join them on their imaginary adventures." he said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"I am afraid child that merging of timelines are quite difficult and is not a precise science, any plan have a chance of failure but A she chose a spirit that could actually get into the Chantry though the wards, most would not, and B yes it was discovered but that was by pure luck. I am afraid plans in real life is not like in storybooks flawless until the dashing heroes comes by. All in all this was a pretty well coordinated attack and remember it was not a traditional attack either but a merging of timelines if I had not by chance gotten prior knowledge of it then it would have succeeded."
George said calmly.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Very few points where we might have caught on... Without the telephone problems, I can only see one other point where we might have figured something out, and that was the syringe that appeared in my pocket. When Anna became sick and the syringe appeared, we could have figured out the situation - but by then, it might have been too late to stop it. This was not at all sloppy work, it was very well executed, only stopped by a fluke."

"Guess you guys are right." Serge said politely conceding to the points brought by the two older mages. He didn't look to convinced but Serge figured it wasn't wise to argue with the Primus or his Cabal leader in matters they were far more experienced and knowledgeable in.

Anja wrote:"The stone in the wall and floor where 5 million, three hundred ad fifty thousand four hundred and nine years old, the building as a unit are three hundred and twenty one years old, the table where fifty three years and five months, her robes where two months and four days old, the drawings on the floor where done seven minutes before the now I was summoned in."
The spirit replied.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Just five million and change years? Seems awfully young for stone... but there are many buildings in Boston that well predate the United States."

"Boston as a city is like 400 years old so that's a building that's been around since the start. A building like that has probably got some history to it." Serge said, mostly to himself as he pulled out his phone.

He began searching up old buildings within Boston to see if he could find any that were around 320 years and were within a 21 minutes drive from Steelhaven. He didn't expect to find anything, as the building the sanctum was located in was likely an old abandoned building that had long been forgotten. But curiosity still drove him forwards.

Anja wrote:"In the direction ruled by Gabriel."
The spirit replied.
Colin wrote:He glanced at Serge, and shrugged as if to say, 'that didn't tell me much, either.'

Serge glanced at Colin and then at the two Hermetic. "Gabriel? One of the 4 big boss angels right? I don't remember them being associated with the four cardinal direction though."

Colin wrote:He looked to Serge, "The poor fellow might not be able to easily distinguish points in the Here, as opposed to points in the Now. Travel time is one thing, but when you travel by association and the age of things..."

"It can get a bit trippy." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:11 am

[Nassa's Apartment]

Nicole thanked the Deacon, and gave Kyle a friendly nod on passing; though he might see the woman was clearly both in a hurry and somewhat distracted.

Kyle did not speak to you, he looked rather distracted and worried himself, he did not want to disturb you he only gave a friendly wave and then proceeded to knock on Master Nassa's door.

[Garage]

That I did. If you two follow me in a different car, you can park up in the strip-mall beside the shop - the target might get spooked if you drove in to our lot. I'll flash my lights when we've arrived.'

"We can take my car."
Ty said and Miles nodded.
"Sure that works, we will follow you then Nicole."

'Do you have my "delivery"?'

"Delivery?"
Miles asked sounding confused.
"What do you mean."

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin shook his head, "I didn't expect so dramatic a reaction. I overestimated his fortitude, or underestimated the stress he's under. One of the two. I can only apologize for that... Not much else of practical value I can think of right now, aside from the antacids..."

"Will Kyle be ok dad?"
Anna asked sounding worried.

He smiled wryly, "Dodging bullies, Sweetie, not bullets. Gunfire is fortunately still blessedly rare in schools, though you wouldn't know it from watching the news..."

"Oh bullies...I don't dodge those I kick them."
Anna declared and frowned.

He pondered for a moment, "Probably not... for several reasons, cost being the least of them. I believe you'll do far better, far quicker, with personal instruction and self-study anyway; in the words of Frank Zappa, if you want to get an education, go to the library."
He gave Adley an apologetic smile, "No slight intended to your esteemed profession, of course."

Anna nodded acceptingly at that.
"Ok that makes sense dad, though it did sound sort of fun to go to learn with others my own age."
The young mage said and shrugged.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He frowned, "Very few points where we might have caught on... Without the telephone problems, I can only see one other point where we might have figured something out, and that was the syringe that appeared in my pocket. When Anna became sick and the syringe appeared, we could have figured out the situation - but by then, it might have been too late to stop it. This was not at all sloppy work, it was very well executed, only stopped by a fluke."

George nodded at that. The spirit looked at you though it had no eyes and said.
"I was ordered to merge the timelines not to hide it, I have to obey a order to the letter that o not mean I can not try to defy my tormentor."

He arched an eyebrow, "Just five million and change years? Seems awfully young for stone... but there are many buildings in Boston that well predate the United States."

"It is young stone."
The spirit said simply.

He nodded, "A point well made, Amicus... Spirit, what can you tell us of what your purview was before your Name was stolen?"

"I was one of the servants of the old man of time, I repaired glitches in time and areas where time lines where bleeding into one another."
The spirit said.
"I kept time healthy."

"I'm usually great with children. Although I guess I don't really try to explain human concepts to them. Or explain anything really. I mostly join them on their imaginary adventures." he said with a grin.

"Because you understand the mindset of a chil, but if you think about it a blessed child thinks differently than an adult, so there to you have to talk in a way they will understand, it is the same with spirits."
The Primus said.

"Guess you guys are right." Serge said politely conceding to the points brought by the two older mages. He didn't look to convinced but Serge figured it wasn't wise to argue with the Primus or his Cabal leader in matters they were far more experienced and knowledgeable in.

George gave a slight chuckle.
"We can discuss it further later if you wish child."

"Boston as a city is like 400 years old so that's a building that's been around since the start. A building like that has probably got some history to it." Serge said, mostly to himself as he pulled out his phone.

He began searching up old buildings within Boston to see if he could find any that were around 320 years and were within a 21 minutes drive from Steelhaven. He didn't expect to find anything, as the building the sanctum was located in was likely an old abandoned building that had long been forgotten. But curiosity still drove him forwards.

You found one building or rather just a marker than one had been there, 20 or so minutes by car North West of here and connected to the university but it had long since collapsed. The guide said the building had been made partly from volcanic rock, so that would be young stone and one could still find pieces of it at the grounds which was now a park.

Serge glanced at Colin and then at the two Hermetic. "Gabriel? One of the 4 big boss angels right? I don't remember them being associated with the four cardinal direction though."

"That he is, well they are associated with the four cardinal directions in modern occultism though what direction is ruled by which angel vary from system to system, when younger Hermetics work with this system usually Raphael are the ruler of Air and South, Michael are ruler of Fire and South, Gabriel is ruler of West and Water and Uriel is ruler of Earth and North but like I said the correspondences vary on this."
The old magus said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 am

[Casa Wainwright]

"Yes it is...understandable."
Beatrice said darkly.
"And I know that but he want to impress you, which is pretty natural for a younger brother to want his holder brother to be impressed by him."
She said softly.

"Thank you for assisting him," he said, so he wouldn't delay her.

"He has plenty of fortitude. But everyone has limits, he's a teenager and yes, quite a lot of stress..."

"Yeah not getting shot is good, take it from me Sir it hurts and it is even worse if it don't hurt then you die."
Anna said and nodded.

He shrugged. "I learned dodging those later in my education."

"You know allot of languages Sir? How many do you know?"[/quote]

"Several, but not as many as I would like to know." He smiled.

"I guess some don't want to learn, but I don't understand that Sir I always want to learn."
He grinned at Adley, "I'll leave this one to you, Amicus."

He shot Colin a look that said 'Gee thanks. But then he said to Anna, "Some people are not as interested in scholastic endeavors as others. An attention span is how long you can pay attention to something without your focus shifting from where you want it. There can be a lot of reasons for it to be short - perhaps the subject is presented very dryly, and it's boring. That can be harder to pay attention. Or if you are not used to reading for long periods of time, it takes practice so that you can avoid giving into the impulses that arise, like checking your email or starting another task before you are done reading. Of course, sometimes there are other reasons that can make it harder for some, when it comes to how much personal control that they have over it, but that is the general idea."

"I'm not offended, I like libraries. And if you need a tutor, well, you know where I am."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"I tried to make it enjoyable for the little imp. But I was a little on edge that I would've been lit on fire. Especially when I let it slip that most of what I was carrying was flammable." Serge said with a smile. "Although it was quite enjoyable. I wouldn't mind meeting her again."

"A lesson learned, then."

"No I have not needed to by this point in the now, I have been summoned and not needed to use my own power to cross the Gauntlet."
The spirit said.

"Hm, so you still have it in this now. Are you prohibited from showing us this quintessence?"

"In the direction ruled by Gabriel."
The spirit replied.

"That he is, well they are associated with the four cardinal directions in modern occultism though what direction is ruled by which angel vary from system to system, when younger Hermetics work with this system usually Raphael are the ruler of Air and South, Michael are ruler of Fire and South, Gabriel is ruler of West and Water and Uriel is ruler of Earth and North but like I said the correspondences vary on this."
The old magus said and nodded.
erge glanced at Colin and then at the two Hermetic. "Gabriel? One of the 4 big boss angels right? I don't remember them being associated with the four cardinal direction though."
He turned so his body was facing north, and then waved an arm in the direction of West to try to clarify which 'direction' and named the other points to the Spirit so he would have the same type of reference. "Is this correct?"

"I was one of the servants of the old man of time, I repaired glitches in time and areas where time lines where bleeding into one another."
The spirit said.
"I kept time healthy."

He looked thoughtful, then asked, "So, the person that set you onto the task of merging the timelines was asking you to do something against your nature?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 pm

[Chantry Garage]

Anja's Post:

'I'm supposed to be going to work with a package, remember?' she replied, arching an eyebrow.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:35 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"He has plenty of fortitude. But everyone has limits, he's a teenager and yes, quite a lot of stress..."
Colin nodded, "Again, I'm sorry."

Anja wrote:"Will Kyle be ok dad?"
Anna asked sounding worried.
He nodded, "He will. He just had a scary thought. My fault; he will recover, though."

Anja wrote:"Oh bullies...I don't dodge those I kick them."
Anna declared and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:He shrugged. "I learned dodging those later in my education."
He smiled wryly, "If you could teach me how to actually dodge bullets, I would greatly appreciate it; I'm having enough trouble dodging shooters, let alone little projectiles moving at supersonic speeds..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not offended, I like libraries. And if you need a tutor, well, you know where I am."
He nodded, "Well, I need to pick up Greek, for starters, to catch up with Anna."

Anja wrote:Anna nodded acceptingly at that.
"Ok that makes sense dad, though it did sound sort of fun to go to learn with others my own age."
The young mage said and shrugged.
He smiled, "Well, that can certainly be arranged, at least, if we can convince other Magi to coordinate common lessons with us. There's much we could offer, and gain, from that prospect."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Jeremy wrote:"I'm usually great with children. Although I guess I don't really try to explain human concepts to them. Or explain anything really. I mostly join them on their imaginary adventures." he said with a grin.
Anja wrote:"Because you understand the mindset of a chil, but if you think about it a blessed child thinks differently than an adult, so there to you have to talk in a way they will understand, it is the same with spirits."
The Primus said.
He smiled, "If you speak with children, you often have to explain words to them, too. Some words are easily explained, others, not so much, so you have to adjust on the fly. Kids are perhaps a little quicker learners than most spirits, though."

Jeremy wrote:"Guess you guys are right." Serge said politely conceding to the points brought by the two older mages. He didn't look to convinced but Serge figured it wasn't wise to argue with the Primus or his Cabal leader in matters they were far more experienced and knowledgeable in.
Anja wrote:George gave a slight chuckle.
He grinned, "Indeed, I'm sure we'll find several minor holes in the planning in hindsight."

Anja wrote:George nodded at that. The spirit looked at you though it had no eyes and said.
"I was ordered to merge the timelines not to hide it, I have to obey a order to the letter that o not mean I can not try to defy my tormentor."
He grinned, "And there's one failure in planning; force a clever, unwilling individual to do the dirty work."

Anja wrote:"It is young stone."
The spirit said simply.
Jeremy wrote:"Boston as a city is like 400 years old so that's a building that's been around since the start. A building like that has probably got some history to it." Serge said, mostly to himself as he pulled out his phone.

Anja wrote:You found one building or rather just a marker than one had been there, 20 or so minutes by car North West of here and connected to the university but it had long since collapsed. The guide said the building had been made partly from volcanic rock, so that would be young stone and one could still find pieces of it at the grounds which was now a park.
He nodded, "So volcanic rock or something of the sort, then, I would guess? Can't recall seeing any buildings that fit that description - most remaining buildings I've seen from the colonial era were clad in bricks, I think, or in a few cases, marble."

Anja wrote:"It can get a bit trippy." Serge said with a nod.
He grinned, "I should bring you along next trip to the Umbral Port - in fact, it could probably be quite viable to enter the Umbra here, and drive all the way there instead of going to the airport before crossing over."

Anja wrote:"I was one of the servants of the old man of time, I repaired glitches in time and areas where time lines where bleeding into one another."
The spirit said.
"I kept time healthy."
S7trif3 wrote:He looked thoughtful, then asked, "So, the person that set you onto the task of merging the timelines was asking you to do something against your nature?"
He nodded thoughtfully, channeling a dram of Quintessence into his words, "Then, o Spirit, I offer you the Name Tick-tock; a Name signifying the separation of increments of time, whether those increments are sequential or in parallel branches of time... Your task to prevent things that should not happen at the same time, or in the same timeline, from colliding. Does this offering meet your approval?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"Because you understand the mindset of a chil, but if you think about it a blessed child thinks differently than an adult, so there to you have to talk in a way they will understand, it is the same with spirits."
The Primus said.
Colin wrote:He smiled, "If you speak with children, you often have to explain words to them, too. Some words are easily explained, others, not so much, so you have to adjust on the fly. Kids are perhaps a little quicker learners than most spirits, though."

"I can only hope to have a mind as care free and creative as a child's." Serge said with a grin. "Quick learners without dangerous spirit powers. I can see the comparison though."

Anja wrote:George gave a slight chuckle.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Indeed, I'm sure we'll find several minor holes in the planning in hindsight."

"Nah, there's no need. We should probably focus on finding out who did this." Serge said evenly.

Anja wrote:You found one building or rather just a marker than one had been there, 20 or so minutes by car North West of here and connected to the university but it had long since collapsed. The guide said the building had been made partly from volcanic rock, so that would be young stone and one could still find pieces of it at the grounds which was now a park.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "So volcanic rock or something of the sort, then, I would guess? Can't recall seeing any buildings that fit that description - most remaining buildings I've seen from the colonial era were clad in bricks, I think, or in a few cases, marble."

There used to be a building like that connected to the university. It matches our description almost exactly. Around 320 years old and around 20 minutes northwest of here. Made partly of volcanic rock. Problem is that it collapsed a while back." Serge said showing the group the information he had found.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "I should bring you along next trip to the Umbral Port - in fact, it could probably be quite viable to enter the Umbra here, and drive all the way there instead of going to the airport before crossing over."

"I need to enter the Umbra more. From what I here it's pretty amazing. Plus apparently my drawings of steelhaven look a lot like its umbral representations. I wanna see that." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:24 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He nodded, "He will. He just had a scary thought. My fault; he will recover, though."

"Scary thoughts suck. I will do something nice for him later."
Anna said and frowned.

"Thank you for assisting him," he said, so he wouldn't delay her.

Beatrice just nodded before hurrying into the bathroom to check on Kyle.

He shrugged. "I learned dodging those later in my education."

"Bullies need to be taught a lesson Sir or they will just bully someone else, like Diego."
Anna said and frowned.

"Several, but not as many as I would like to know." He smiled.

"I know Latin and I have been learning Greek since dad says my mom was Greek."
The young Orphan said and smiled as well.

He shot Colin a look that said 'Gee thanks. But then he said to Anna, "Some people are not as interested in scholastic endeavors as others. An attention span is how long you can pay attention to something without your focus shifting from where you want it. There can be a lot of reasons for it to be short - perhaps the subject is presented very dryly, and it's boring. That can be harder to pay attention. Or if you are not used to reading for long periods of time, it takes practice so that you can avoid giving into the impulses that arise, like checking your email or starting another task before you are done reading. Of course, sometimes there are other reasons that can make it harder for some, when it comes to how much personal control that they have over it, but that is the general idea."

"Yeah I get it Sir, that is probably why Gabriel would not let me play games or anything, he wanted me to spend my time studying so i did. I still like studying but I also like playing games and making things and such."
Anna agreed and nodded.
"Studying magick takes allot of my time though it needs allot of focus."

He smiled wryly, "If you could teach me how to actually dodge bullets, I would greatly appreciate it; I'm having enough trouble dodging shooters, let alone little projectiles moving at supersonic speeds..."

"I can do that actually, I can try to teach you Mr Wainwright if you can understand my Paradigm."
Narim said.
"I have an app for it."

He nodded, "Well, I need to pick up Greek, for starters, to catch up with Anna."

"Greek is actually rather fun."
Anna said with a grin.

He smiled, "Well, that can certainly be arranged, at least, if we can convince other Magi to coordinate common lessons with us. There's much we could offer, and gain, from that prospect."

"That would actually be really cool to learn together with other mage kids."
Anna said happily.
"But do you think anyone would allow their apprentice to learn with me given what I am?"

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He smiled, "If you speak with children, you often have to explain words to them, too. Some words are easily explained, others, not so much, so you have to adjust on the fly. Kids are perhaps a little quicker learners than most spirits, though."

"They usually are since human children are not burdened with having alien minds but the concept is similar."
George said.

He grinned, "Indeed, I'm sure we'll find several minor holes in the planning in hindsight."

"This is true, we probably will, no plan is perfect after all."
The Primus agreed.

He grinned, "And there's one failure in planning; force a clever, unwilling individual to do the dirty work."

"Yes very much so, that is one of the reasons it is far better to get cooperation willingly than to force someone to do what you wish of them."
George agreed and he frowned.

He nodded, "So volcanic rock or something of the sort, then, I would guess? Can't recall seeing any buildings that fit that description - most remaining buildings I've seen from the colonial era were clad in bricks, I think, or in a few cases, marble."

"Marble is old."
The spirit said and George nodded.
"So it is...hum much of a certain Hermetic Chantry in town where built from volcanic rock for the Resonance boost that give to fire magick."
He mushed.
"Those buildings have long since been brought over into the Umbra through."

He nodded thoughtfully, channeling a dram of Quintessence into his words, "Then, o Spirit, I offer you the Name Tick-tock; a Name signifying the separation of increments of time, whether those increments are sequential or in parallel branches of time... Your task to prevent things that should not happen at the same time, or in the same timeline, from colliding. Does this offering meet your approval?"

"Yes, this name fit my purpose, I approve of the offering it pleases me."
The spirit said approvingly.

"Hm, so you still have it in this now. Are you prohibited from showing us this quintessence?"

"No I can show it to you in this now but it is my food so please don't take it."
The spirit said and something shimmered and you could feel a dynamic shift in the Quintessence flow in the room.
"This is from what you would call this timeline and this is from the other."
The Umbrood explained.
"This one is tastier."

He turned so his body was facing north, and then waved an arm in the direction of West to try to clarify which 'direction' and named the other points to the Spirit so he would have the same type of reference. "Is this correct?"

"It is hard to understand man with what I can't touch inside, you have moved through time but not direction for me."
The spirit said and it sounded like you might have if Narim had asked you what was wrong with his computer.

He looked thoughtful, then asked, "So, the person that set you onto the task of merging the timelines was asking you to do something against your nature?"

"Yes...she have made me do what is not me and it hurts...it hurts!"
The spirit's non voice sounded like the entity where crying, it was unlikely it could feel pain like you did but being opposite than it's purpose created the same sort of distress.

"I can only hope to have a mind as care free and creative as a child's." Serge said with a grin. "Quick learners without dangerous spirit powers. I can see the comparison though."

"Some Awakened children can have quite dangerous powers child but yes there is a comparison there."
George said with a smile.

"Nah, there's no need. We should probably focus on finding out who did this." Serge said evenly.

The Primus just nodded at that.

There used to be a building like that connected to the university. It matches our description almost exactly. Around 320 years old and around 20 minutes northwest of here. Made of volcanic rock. Problem is that it collapsed a while back." Serge said showing the group the information he had found.

"I do believe that is likely then a part of the Chantry I will not say the name of here."
George said.
"Much of it was made of volcanic rock, the walls where granite but the ritual chambers where clad in it, this Chantry have been moved to the Umbra."
The old magus commented.
"And that would fit with other...pieces of evidence."

"I need to enter the Umbra more. From what I here it's pretty amazing. Plus apparently my drawings of steelhaven look a lot like its umbral representations. I wanna see that." Serge said with a smile.

"It very much do, in the Umbra our Chantry look like a medieval fortress."
George said and smiled fondly.
"And the Umbra can be a wonderful place child, it can also be a quite dangerous place but it is wonderful as well."

[Chantry Garage]

"Yeah I put it in the back seat of the Subaru, just some parts wrapped up in brown paper. That is what you needed right?"
Miles said and nodded now that he understood what you meant.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply my internet went down and then I had to go out and only returned home a little while ago.)

(OOC 2: Narim have an app for everything.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:30 pm

[Chantry Garage]

Anja's Post:

'Cool. I'll take my Vic; if they know where I work, they know what I drive and can't let the target get suspicious in any way.' Nicole replied, moving to get the package and transfer it.

Once done, and if there's nothing else to do, Nicole will get in to her car and head out, with the two following behind in a different car.

[No worries!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"Yes...she have made me do what is not me and it hurts...it hurts!"
The spirit's non voice sounded like the entity where crying, it was unlikely it could feel pain like you did but being opposite than it's purpose created the same sort of distress.

"We'll do our best to make sure this women never harms you or any other spirit ever again." Serge said in a comforting voice, struggling to see the strange entity in such distress.

Anja wrote:"Marble is old."
"So it is...hum much of a certain Hermetic Chantry in town where built from volcanic rock for the Resonance boost that give to fire magick."
He mushed.
Anja wrote:"I do believe that is likely then a part of the Chantry I will not say the name of here."
George said.
"Much of it was made of volcanic rock, the walls where granite but the ritual chambers where clad in it, this Chantry have been moved to the Umbra."
The old magus commented.

"Could the spirit have been summoned in the umbra? Serge asked. " He answered the 'how long would it take to get there in the physical realm' question. Would that be possible if he wasn't summoned in the physical realm?"

Anja wrote:"It very much do, in the Umbra our Chantry look like a medieval fortress."
"And the Umbra can be a wonderful place child, it can also be a quite dangerous place but it is wonderful as well."

"That sounds perfect for steelhaven! An old medieval fortress standing tall and strong. With suit's of armor lining the hallways. Banners with the coat of arms emblazoned on them." Serge said excitedly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:02 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Scary thoughts suck. I will do something nice for him later."
Anna said and frowned.
He smiled, "Thank you, Sweetie... I'm sure he'll appreciate that. His trial is coming up, and he'll need all the reassurance he can get..."

Anja wrote:"Bullies need to be taught a lesson Sir or they will just bully someone else, like Diego."
Anna said and frowned.
He grimaced, "Yes, well, Diego and his like tend to have something of a high resistance to learning, though..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I get it Sir, that is probably why Gabriel would not let me play games or anything, he wanted me to spend my time studying so i did. I still like studying but I also like playing games and making things and such."
Anna agreed and nodded.
He smiled, "Well, I am a firm believer in the educational value of games, too; there are aptitudes and skills one can far more easily learn through games than from reading. Rapid visual assessment and identification, for example, and reflex training - there's a reason pilots often spend a lot of hours in flight simulators before they're allowed to try their hands at real aircraft, for example."

Anja wrote:"I can do that actually, I can try to teach you Mr Wainwright if you can understand my Paradigm."
Narim said.
"I have an app for it."
He pondered, "I can certainly try; I still remember a fair bit of basic programming logic, though that's from tinkering with BASIC back in the eighties. Not the most updated part of my resume, to be certain."

Anja wrote:"Greek is actually rather fun."
Anna said with a grin.
He grinned wryly, "Especially with how the Chief uses it when he's upset. I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to learn that from him, though. Well, not yet, at any rate."

Anja wrote:"That would actually be really cool to learn together with other mage kids."
Anna said happily.
"But do you think anyone would allow their apprentice to learn with me given what I am?"
He nodded, "Perhaps not right away, and certainly not all of them, or perhaps even not many, but yes, there'll eventually be Mentors willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, at least while under strict supervision."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"They usually are since human children are not burdened with having alien minds but the concept is similar."
George said.
Jeremy wrote:"I can only hope to have a mind as care free and creative as a child's." Serge said with a grin. "Quick learners without dangerous spirit powers. I can see the comparison though."
Anja wrote:"Some Awakened children can have quite dangerous powers child but yes there is a comparison there."
George said with a smile.
He grinned wryly, "The combination of pyromancy and the terrible twos is not precisely a pleasant prospect... and a toddler who can communicate with, or even control animals is liable to be a whole lot of trouble."

Anja wrote:"This is true, we probably will, no plan is perfect after all."
The Primus agreed.
Jeremy wrote:"Nah, there's no need. We should probably focus on finding out who did this." Serge said evenly.
Anja wrote:The Primus just nodded at that.
He nodded, "Priorities, yes."

Anja wrote:"Marble is old."
He mushed.
Jeremy wrote:There used to be a building like that connected to the university. It matches our description almost exactly. Around 320 years old and around 20 minutes northwest of here. Made partly of volcanic rock. Problem is that it collapsed a while back." Serge said showing the group the information he had found.
Anja wrote:"I do believe that is likely then a part of the Chantry I will not say the name of here."
George said.
The old magus commented.
Jeremy wrote:"Could the spirit have been summoned in the umbra? Serge asked. " He answered the 'how long would it take to get there in the physical realm' question. Would that be possible if he wasn't summoned in the physical realm?"
He nodded, "Ah, that one... Yes, I suppose Sleeper records would note that the building had simply been demolished or something similar if it were moved into the Umbra... and the spirit is one of Time; it might not understand space so well, but the passage of time related to travel is something I suspect it would understand far more accurately than most Incarnate beings."

Anja wrote:"No I can show it to you in this now but it is my food so please don't take it."
The spirit said and something shimmered and you could feel a dynamic shift in the Quintessence flow in the room.
The Umbrood explained.
"This one is tastier."
He frowned, sniffing slightly at the air, "So the Quintessence from the other timeline, the one we're refuting, is of a slightly darker nature, then? Or is it simply because it is from a timeline which does not exist in this timeline?"

Jeremy wrote:"I need to enter the Umbra more. From what I here it's pretty amazing. Plus apparently my drawings of steelhaven look a lot like its umbral representations. I wanna see that." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"It very much do, in the Umbra our Chantry look like a medieval fortress."
Jeremy wrote:"That sounds perfect for steelhaven! An old medieval fortress standing tall and strong. With suit's of armor lining the hallways. Banners with the coat of arms emblazoned on them." Serge said excitedly.
He smiled wryly, "Perhaps not so many suits of armour... The interior is quite highly themed to whoever inhabits a given room. I'm sure your apartment's shadow looks like an artist's atelier, while, say, our technologically inclined Deacon's apartment might look like something out of Tron."

Anja wrote:"Yes, this name fit my purpose, I approve of the offering it pleases me."
He smiled and reached out to the spirit, offering up the Quintessence like a present, "Then this Name is my gift to you; wear it well, Tick-tock."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:34 pm

[Chantry Garage]

Cool. I'll take my Vic; if they know where I work, they know what I drive and can't let the target get suspicious in any way.' Nicole replied, moving to get the package and transfer it.

"Very well my car is that Prius over there."
Ty said and he pointed at a dark red car parked near the garage door.
The package where heavy clearly filled with metal parts.

Once done, and if there's nothing else to do, Nicole will get in to her car and head out, with the two following behind in a different car.

You dove out of Steelhaven's garage and got on the road, getting to work took you about half an hour give or take, a little less when like now there where few other cars on the road. Pauø's workshop where a small shop where car owners could by necessities for their car, and two larger buildings where vehicles where worked on, the place where old and worn but kept in good repair, it smelled of dust, dirt, metal and oil. You heard the scraping and clonking of someone working when you stopped your car and got out, probably Liam the other mechanic in Paul's employ or Paul himself where working on something, probably on whatever car belonged to the stressed looking middle aged woman who where standing outside and talking on the phone.
"Yeah I don't know what to tell you Barb, I am at this little shitty car repair place, I had to get my car towed, piece of shit, they will probably rip me of to, yeah I know...they say it will only be an hour or so and then I don't want to get a cab I am going to see if there is anywhere to get some food around here, yeah I now this place is the dumb, seriously...yeah I will get there when I can. Yeah there is a shop slash waiting room here but it is just all this...shitty smell, it smells like metal and oil and shit and besides there is this creepy dude in there just sitting there waiting, yeah I know. Ok you guys eat and I will get there as soon as I can, stupid shit car!"
The woman where taking loudly on the phone not bothering to even look at you as you pulled up, she was nicely dressed though her nice pumps had gotten soiled from the muddy ground around the workshop and she was clearly not happy, at least it sounded like the guy you where after where in the shop/wating room part of the establishment.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"We'll do our best to make sure this women never harms you or any other spirit ever again." Serge said in a comforting voice, struggling to see the strange entity in such distress.

"She harms many in the river of time."
The spirit wept, its strange form shifting and moving before your eyes.

"Could the spirit have been summoned in the umbra? Serge asked. " He answered the 'how long would it take to get there in the physical realm' question. Would that be possible if he wasn't summoned in the physical realm?"

"Yes it is quite possible it was summoned in the Umbra in fact it is far easier to summon a spirit in the Umbra than in physical reality."
George said and nodded.

"That sounds perfect for steelhaven! An old medieval fortress standing tall and strong. With suit's of armor lining the hallways. Banners with the coat of arms emblazoned on them." Serge said excitedly.

"That is exactly what the Chantry looks like in the Penumbra young man, a stone fortress with suits of armor, a courtyard and flying banners."
George said and smiled.
"Perhaps what I envisioned as I founded the Chantry."

He grinned wryly, "The combination of pyromancy and the terrible twos is not precisely a pleasant prospect... and a toddler who can communicate with, or even control animals is liable to be a whole lot of trouble."

"Indeed so and mage children often work their magick instinctively. There was one young Orphan girl who fled home due to abusive parents, she was found after she had left a trail of robbers, pedophiles and others who would harm a six year old alone on the street, literary turned inside out like a good sweater made ready for the washer."
The Primus said and frowned.
"Mage children can be most dangerous tough I am glad the girl's power and her teddy bear familiar protected her."

He nodded, "Ah, that one... Yes, I suppose Sleeper records would note that the building had simply been demolished or something similar if it were moved into the Umbra... and the spirit is one of Time; it might not understand space so well, but the passage of time related to travel is something I suspect it would understand far more accurately than most Incarnate beings."

"It is likely it understand the time it takes to travel very well and it replied with the time it would take in the Umbra as well."
George said and nodded.
"Yes the physical building was left to fall apart as it's spiritual part where isolated and permanently manifested as the new home of the Chantry in question."

He frowned, sniffing slightly at the air, "So the Quintessence from the other timeline, the one we're refuting, is of a slightly darker nature, then? Or is it simply because it is from a timeline which does not exist in this timeline?"

"The timeline which is not this one is darker, the ones who are black in what I can't touch one day win, there is much pain, those saved are not saved and the child born from a sword in a tree are lost."
The Umbrood replied.

He smiled wryly, "Perhaps not so many suits of armour... The interior is quite highly themed to whoever inhabits a given room. I'm sure your apartment's shadow looks like an artist's atelier, while, say, our technologically inclined Deacon's apartment might look like something out of Tron."

"Well there are old family suits of armor, no longer in use but kept as mementos on display along the hallways the rest of your description though would be correct."
George said and nodded.

He smiled and reached out to the spirit, offering up the Quintessence like a present, "Then this Name is my gift to you; wear it well, Tick-tock."

The spirit's touch where strange, for a moment you saw yourself standing at an opening of a massive, dark forest, a small girl with dark hair carrying a torch at your side, somehow you knew the girl where Beatrice at the age she had been when she Awakened, then she would have been as long as Anna is now, but she was far smaller, her hand in yours, her torch the only light illuminating the dark woods.
"Remember the fairytale game."
She said to you.
"We must find the Screamer before the light dies and hope dims to nothingness and all that is left is glass and steel."
Then you where back in the small ritual chamber the spirit having pulled away again being pushed back by the protections of the triangle it stood in.
"I am Tick-Tock my purpose is to keep timelines separate and in order. What will you have me do?"
The being said and it's strange form changed, you still could not understand from what or to what but it changed and now it seamed much more happy and content.
"You have given me a name man with what I can't touch inside, command me and I will repay you."

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled, "Thank you, Sweetie... I'm sure he'll appreciate that. His trial is coming up, and he'll need all the reassurance he can get..."

"I can make him hot cocoa when I have rested a bit, he likes hot cocoa."
Anna said.
"Everyone likes hot cocoa."

He grimaced, "Yes, well, Diego and his like tend to have something of a high resistance to learning, though..."

"Yeah they have to be kicked really hard!"
You apprentice declared still thinking a good kick solved most problems. If magick did not fix it, kick it!

He smiled, "Well, I am a firm believer in the educational value of games, too; there are aptitudes and skills one can far more easily learn through games than from reading. Rapid visual assessment and identification, for example, and reflex training - there's a reason pilots often spend a lot of hours in flight simulators before they're allowed to try their hands at real aircraft, for example."

"Really I did not know that. Well games are fun, both board games and especially marbles and computer and video games."
Anna said and smiled.
"I think I learn allot from games as well."
She agreed happily.

He pondered, "I can certainly try; I still remember a fair bit of basic programming logic, though that's from tinkering with BASIC back in the eighties. Not the most updated part of my resume, to be certain."

"Yeah that is pretty old, but I can work with that, drop by my room sometimes and we give it a go."
Narim offered.
"Perhaps you could help me with a fly over of the city in return? I try to do them every so often to make sure I have everything memorized to help with my teleportation accuracy."
The Virtual Adept requested.

He grinned wryly, "Especially with how the Chief uses it when he's upset. I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to learn that from him, though. Well, not yet, at any rate."

"The Chief swears in allot of languages dad, I think that he find it fun to see how many swear words he can manage to memorize from as many languages as possible."
Anna mushed.
"It is really impressive really, but I will try to refrain from doing that if you want me to."
She agreed with a sigh.

He nodded, "Perhaps not right away, and certainly not all of them, or perhaps even not many, but yes, there'll eventually be Mentors willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, at least while under strict supervision."

"I hope you are right. It was pretty fun to good to that classroom they had at the hospital when I stayed for three days that one time so Dino could get a complete three day E..hum...EKG? Reading of my heart, you know when I had all those annoying wires, yeah the children's ward have a classroom for those who are well enough to attend and that was pretty fun but I knew everything they where teaching already. It was fun to go to class with others for a few days."
Anna said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:05 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"Indeed so and mage children often work their magick instinctively. There was one young Orphan girl who fled home due to abusive parents, she was found after she had left a trail of robbers, pedophiles and others who would harm a six year old alone on the street, literary turned inside out like a good sweater made ready for the washer."
"Mage children can be most dangerous tough I am glad the girl's power and her teddy bear familiar protected her."

Serge nodded, "I remember my magick happening instinctively as well for the first few months as well.
Although I wasn't as young as most and I was lucky enough to have a mentor right out of the gate."

Anja wrote:"She harms many in the river of time."
The spirit wept, its strange form shifting and moving before your eyes.

"I cannot see the river as well as you can. So perhaps my perspective is limited. But just know that we'll try our best to ensure that she does not harm spirits in the future. At least in this timeline." Serge said remaining confident in that statement.

Colin wrote:He grinned wryly, "The combination of pyromancy and the terrible twos is not precisely a pleasant prospect... and a toddler who can communicate with, or even control animals is liable to be a whole lot of trouble."

"Talking with animals is annoying. It's a similar situation to spirits. Sort of....They don't get human concepts and communicate through instinct and emotions." Serge replied.

Anja wrote:"Yes it is quite possible it was summoned in the Umbra in fact it is far easier to summon a spirit in the Umbra than in physical reality."
George said and nodded.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Ah, that one... Yes, I suppose Sleeper records would note that the building had simply been demolished or something similar if it were moved into the Umbra... and the spirit is one of Time; it might not understand space so well, but the passage of time related to travel is something I suspect it would understand far more accurately than most Incarnate beings."
Anja wrote:"It is likely it understand the time it takes to travel very well and it replied with the time it would take in the Umbra as well."
George said and nodded.
"Yes the physical building was left to fall apart as it's spiritual part where isolated and permanently manifested as the new home of the Chantry in question."

Serge nodded and the looked at the spirit, "Were you summoned in the physical realm or in what we know as the Umbra?"

Anja wrote:"The timeline which is not this one is darker, the ones who are black in what I can't touch one day win, there is much pain, those saved are not saved and the child born from a sword in a tree are lost."
The Umbrood replied.

"Whoa whoa whoa, the nephandi won in that timeline!" Serge said eyes wide with shock. "That....is horrifying."

Anja wrote:"That is exactly what the Chantry looks like in the Penumbra young man, a stone fortress with suits of armor, a courtyard and flying banners."
George said and smiled.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Perhaps not so many suits of armour... The interior is quite highly themed to whoever inhabits a given room. I'm sure your apartment's shadow looks like an artist's atelier, while, say, our technologically inclined Deacon's apartment might look like something out of Tron."
Anja wrote:"Well there are old family suits of armor, no longer in use but kept as mementos on display along the hallways the rest of your description though would be correct."
George said and nodded.

"That could be a fun thing to see. The umbral representations of everyone's room." Serge said, curiously wondering what Nicole's or Adley's room looked like.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:19 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I can make him hot cocoa when I have rested a bit, he likes hot cocoa."
Anna said.
Colin smiled, "Excellent idea."
He glanced sideways at Adley with a sly grin, "The mini-marshmallows are hidden in the tin labeled 'coffee beans'; feel free to indulge a little extra today."

Anja wrote:"Yeah they have to be kicked really hard!"
You apprentice declared still thinking a good kick solved most problems. If magick did not fix it, kick it!
He grinned, "Terry Pratchett would have loved you, Sweetie. His highest-ranking wizard figured that if whacking a big nasty with a good staff of solid oak, a fireball wasn't likely to bother it much, either... And no, I'm not giving you a staff just yet."

Anja wrote:"Really I did not know that. Well games are fun, both board games and especially marbles and computer and video games."
Anna said and smiled.
"I think I learn allot from games as well."
She agreed happily.
He nodded, "You can learn a lot of physics from books, but it's a lot easier to understand when you see marbles bouncing around and ricocheting off one another."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is pretty old, but I can work with that, drop by my room sometimes and we give it a go."
Narim offered.
"Perhaps you could help me with a fly over of the city in return? I try to do them every so often to make sure I have everything memorized to help with my teleportation accuracy."
The Virtual Adept requested.
He nodded, "Very well. I don't think I can fit a flight in for the rest of the year, though... perhaps the second week of January, provided the weather is tolerable? You'll want reasonably clear skies for such, after all."

Anja wrote:"The Chief swears in allot of languages dad, I think that he find it fun to see how many swear words he can manage to memorize from as many languages as possible."
Anna mushed.
"It is really impressive really, but I will try to refrain from doing that if you want me to."
She agreed with a sigh.
He nodded, "I would prefer if you let swearing be for a few more years, at least."

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right. It was pretty fun to good to that classroom they had at the hospital when I stayed for three days that one time so Dino could get a complete three day E..hum...EKG? Reading of my heart, you know when I had all those annoying wires, yeah the children's ward have a classroom for those who are well enough to attend and that was pretty fun but I knew everything they where teaching already. It was fun to go to class with others for a few days."
Anna said and grinned.
He nodded, "You would certainly be in advanced placement for most subjects. Sleeper history and, hm, soft sciences might be lagging a little behind in places, but I'm not done evaluating your knowledge yet."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Jeremy wrote:"Talking with animals is annoying. It's a similar situation to spirits. Sort of....They don't get human concepts and communicate through instinct and emotions." Serge replied.
He grinned, "I wouldn't say it's annoying. I've connected with a Great Polyp; it's like a cross between a big, fluffy, playful dog and a dolphin."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so and mage children often work their magick instinctively. There was one young Orphan girl who fled home due to abusive parents, she was found after she had left a trail of robbers, pedophiles and others who would harm a six year old alone on the street, literary turned inside out like a good sweater made ready for the washer."
He grimaced, "That's just... wrung, if you'll pardon the pun. I hope the girl's not too badly marred by the whole affair?"

Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded, "I remember my magick happening instinctively as well for the first few months as well.
Although I wasn't as young as most and I was lucky enough to have a mentor right out of the gate."
He scratched his face and gave Serge a wry grin, "Instinctively at first, indeed... I'm just damn lucky I could do little to directly affect my surroundings at the time; displaying bizarre phenomena while confined to a hospital bed would probably have attracted undesirable attention, to say the least..."

Anja wrote:"It is likely it understand the time it takes to travel very well and it replied with the time it would take in the Umbra as well."
George said and nodded.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Clever way of doing it, though..."

Anja wrote:"The timeline which is not this one is darker, the ones who are black in what I can't touch one day win, there is much pain, those saved are not saved and the child born from a sword in a tree are lost."
The Umbrood replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Whoa whoa whoa, the nephandi won in that timeline!" Serge said eyes wide with shock. "That....is horrifying."
He arched an eyebrow, "So in that timeline, the Fallen will one day win and unmake the world... Can't have that. Child born from a sword in a tree, though... have we met this child yet? Or is it a child yet to incarnate?"

Anja wrote:"That is exactly what the Chantry looks like in the Penumbra young man, a stone fortress with suits of armor, a courtyard and flying banners."
George said and smiled.
Anja wrote:"Well there are old family suits of armor, no longer in use but kept as mementos on display along the hallways the rest of your description though would be correct."
George said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "Hum, perhaps I should take the time to stroll through the castle next time I have the chance..."

Jeremy wrote:"That could be a fun thing to see. The umbral representations of everyone's room." Serge said, curiously wondering what Nicole's or Adley's room looked like.
He arched an eyebrow, "It would be fascinating, I'm sure, but I don't quite know if it would be entirely legal without explicit permission. Might run afoul of the Hermetic law against scrying on one another - this is a Hermetic chantry, after all, and even if you and I are not Hermetics ourselves, it might be a very dark grey area, legally..."

Anja wrote:The spirit's touch where strange, for a moment you saw yourself standing at an opening of a massive, dark forest, a small girl with dark hair carrying a torch at your side, somehow you knew the girl where Beatrice at the age she had been when she Awakened, then she would have been as long as Anna is now, but she was far smaller, her hand in yours, her torch the only light illuminating the dark woods.
"Remember the fairytale game."
She said to you.
"We must find the Screamer before the light dies and hope dims to nothingness and all that is left is glass and steel."
Then you where back in the small ritual chamber the spirit having pulled away again being pushed back by the protections of the triangle it stood in.
"I am Tick-Tock my purpose is to keep timelines separate and in order. What will you have me do?"
The being said and it's strange form changed, you still could not understand from what or to what but it changed and now it seamed much more happy and content.
"You have given me a name man with what I can't touch inside, command me and I will repay you."
He wobbled for a moment, feet almost shuffling across the chalk lines before he caught himself, then he shook his head, "I... saw something, neither here nor now... I am glad you fee whole once more, my friend. I now ask two favours of you - first, tell us of the list of things the name-thief wanted kept secret. Second, when you depart, let your Lord and Master know who so abused you, and who tried violate the accord which he and I came to. I am certain he will take a certain measure of offense to such an act."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:19 pm

[Scott's Auto]
Anja's Post:

Nicole drove to work in silence; too preoccupied to listen to music as she usually did. Slowed down and flashed her rear lights on passing the strip-mall, signalling Miles and Ty where they were to park.

Took her time getting out of the car on pulling up in the lot, buying time for the pair to park up themselves and make their way to the auto shop. The middle-aged woman got a wry look from the Etherite, though got a little extra look on hearing her complain about the "creepy dude". Tiny smile; good, he was still there.

Pausing in the lot to "sort out a bootlace" so the two Awakened had time to get into position, once she spots them will walk into the shop, though the entrance going straight into the workshop - her usual route if she'd been on a parts run...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:29 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "Again, I'm sorry."

"Please do be more careful around...that topic." He still looked a bit angry, but more than that he was very worried for his brother.

"Scary thoughts suck. I will do something nice for him later."
Anna said and frowned.
"I can make him hot cocoa when I have rested a bit, he likes hot cocoa."
Anna said.
He glanced sideways at Adley with a sly grin, "The mini-marshmallows are hidden in the tin labeled 'coffee beans'; feel free to indulge a little extra today."

"Thank you."

"It's easy enough in theory, do not be where the bullets are at the same time."

"I can do that actually, I can try to teach you Mr Wainwright if you can understand my Paradigm."
Narim said.
"I have an app for it."

He looked over at Narim and smiled a little. Then back to Colin and grinned.

"I know Latin and I have been learning Greek since dad says my mom was Greek."
The young Orphan said and smiled as well.

He gave Anna a little smile and said in Greek, "Yes. You both should learn the Greek language. Then he will be able to argue properly."

"The Chief swears in allot of languages dad, I think that he find it fun to see how many swear words he can manage to memorize from as many languages as possible."
Anna mushed.
She agreed with a sigh.
He nodded, "I would prefer if you let swearing be for a few more years, at least."

"Cursing is an art unto itself. But as your father says, one to learn when you are a little older."

"Yeah I get it Sir, that is probably why Gabriel would not let me play games or anything, he wanted me to spend my time studying so i did. I still like studying but I also like playing games and making things and such."
Anna agreed and nodded.

"Correct. Sometimes studying is not always fun, but it can be highly rewarding."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Indeed so and mage children often work their magick instinctively. There was one young Orphan girl who fled home due to abusive parents, she was found after she had left a trail of robbers, pedophiles and others who would harm a six year old alone on the street, literary turned inside out like a good sweater made ready for the washer."
He grimaced, "That's just... wrung, if you'll pardon the pun. I hope the girl's not too badly marred by the whole affair?"

He frowned at the story and shook his head.

There used to be a building like that connected to the university. It matches our description almost exactly. Around 320 years old and around 20 minutes northwest of here. Made partly of volcanic rock. Problem is that it collapsed a while back." Serge said showing the group the information he had found.

"That's not necessarily a problem if you are a person with time magick, though." He looked thoughtful, trying to figure out what area it is. "May I see?" he asked Serge.

"Marble is old."
He mushed.
"I do believe that is likely then a part of the Chantry I will not say the name of here."
George said.
The old magus commented.

He nodded. Well, that seemed to be what he'd been thinking. Not a perfect confirmation but about as good as one would get. "Yes."

"It is hard to understand man with what I can't touch inside, you have moved through time but not direction for me."
The spirit said and it sounded like you might have if Narim had asked you what was wrong with his computer.

"Ah...hrm..."

"No I can show it to you in this now but it is my food so please don't take it."
The Umbrood explained.
"This one is tastier."

"Thank you. We will not consume your food, but may we examine it? Then you may take it back. We just wish to see if we can learn anything form it that may be useful."

"The timeline which is not this one is darker, the ones who are black in what I can't touch one day win, there is much pain, those saved are not saved and the child born from a sword in a tree are lost." The Umbrood replied.
"Whoa whoa whoa, the nephandi won in that timeline!" Serge said eyes wide with shock. "That....is horrifying."
He arched an eyebrow, "So in that timeline, the Fallen will one day win and unmake the world... Can't have that. Child born from a sword in a tree, though... have we met this child yet? Or is it a child yet to incarnate?"

He seemed less surprised by the threat of the Nephandi winning than the latter part of what the spirit said. After all, he knew things were not over, and the fight was still happening even if they won a battle recently. "Can you please help me to understand...the child born from the sword in the tree? In this timeline, when were they born?"

"Yes...she have made me do what is not me and it hurts...it hurts!" The spirit's non voice sounded like the entity where crying, it was unlikely it could feel pain like you did but being opposite than it's purpose created the same sort of distress.

"That is a cruel thing to do," he said with a frown at its distress. "Has the person that sent you on this task that is against your purpose summoned you before that point in the now?" he asked. "Have you worked with them before that?"

"Yes, this name fit my purpose, I approve of the offering it pleases me."
e smiled and reached out to the spirit, offering up the Quintessence like a present, "Then this Name is my gift to you; wear it well, Tick-tock."

He nodded in approval. If the Spirit accepted it, then he felt that was as good as they could make things. Certainly better than they were, anyway.

He wobbled for a moment, feet almost shuffling across the chalk lines before he caught himself, then he shook his head, "I... saw something, neither here nor now... I am glad you fee whole once more, my friend. I now ask two favours of you - first, tell us of the list of things the name-thief wanted kept secret. Second, when you depart, let your Lord and Master know who so abused you, and who tried violate the accord which he and I came to. I am certain he will take a certain measure of offense to such an act."

His eyes widened and he reached out, but was glad to see Colin get his feet again. He clearly wanted to ask what happened but waited until he was finished conducting his affair with the spirit he had Named.

// re: convo with Nic - I'm just trying to see how much time there is at the end of this scene, first and if he's inclined to call her or if something else turns up that needs to be done.

ooc2: the terrible twos and pyromancy comment reminded me of a bit of the Sabrina's chilling Adventures Comic where it shows her as a little kid xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:51 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Serge nodded, "I remember my magick happening instinctively as well for the first few months as well.

"Actually most Awaken in their late teens to early twenties though for some it happens much later in life and for others in can happen in early childhood. You where led to an Awakening by your Mentor, lately though we see more and more spontaneous Awakenings where someone just Awaken and yes you are lucky who have had a teacher being a Orphan is not always easy."
George said and he glanced over at Colin as he did so.

"I cannot see the river as well as you can. So perhaps my perspective is limited. But just know that we'll try our best to ensure that she does not harm spirits in the future. At least in this timeline." Serge said remaining confident in that statement.

"Good."
The spirit said simply.

"Talking with animals is annoying. It's a similar situation to spirits. Sort of....They don't get human concepts and communicate through instinct and emotions." Serge replied.

George gave you a stern look.
"Young man while I am not sure if our friend here is able to understand your words or care if it do, it is never a good idea to talk about how annoying someone you are trying to have a polite conversation with is right in front of them...it shows bad manners. lease refrain from doing so."
The ancient magus corrected.

Serge nodded and the looked at the spirit, "Were you summoned in the physical realm or in what we know as the Umbra?"

"In a physical realm but not this physical realm."
The spirit replied.

"Yes."
Was all the spirit had to say to that.

"That could be a fun thing to see. The umbral representations of everyone's room." Serge said, curiously wondering what Nicole's or Adley's room looked like.

"I am not sure everyone would like you to see their innermost chambers represented in the Penumbra young man but you can always ask."
The Primus said.

He grinned, "I wouldn't say it's annoying. I've connected with a Great Polyp; it's like a cross between a big, fluffy, playful dog and a dolphin."

"They sing."
The spirit said but it was unsure whatever it meant Polyps or dolphins.

"As far as I know the girl don't know it happened as her magick always happened before she was attacked and she is still not old enough to be told. She is being cared for on a Chantry you know in Chicago until a teacher can be found for her."
George replied.
"It is for the best that she do not yet know."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Clever way of doing it, though..."

"That it is it makes realm creation easier."

"Yes this is so."
The spirit replied.
"You have med the child's that which I can not touch, but not the child, it do not exist yet but it will."

He smiled wryly, "Hum, perhaps I should take the time to stroll through the castle next time I have the chance..."

"Well it is quite nice and cozy."
George said fondly.

He arched an eyebrow, "It would be fascinating, I'm sure, but I don't quite know if it would be entirely legal without explicit permission. Might run afoul of the Hermetic law against scrying on one another - this is a Hermetic chantry, after all, and even if you and I are not Hermetics ourselves, it might be a very dark grey area, legally..."

"It is illegal for a Cultist to pry on the privacy of another without their consent or a very good reason, for example trying to aid a sick friend, that is in their own Code. For a Orphan though you can not be held to Hermetic law however this Chantry do have rules and one of them are no scrying on fellow Chantrymates."
George said firmly.

"Neither here nor now yes."
The spirit said then it continued.
"She wanted me not to describe her physical appearance but I can not for I do not understand it. There was a man with her, he had what I can not touch inside as well but it was dark and he spoke wrong raping wods with his voice, she told me not to mention him. The man called her a name Vittoria not a true name but one she identify with, she told me not to mention it."
The spirit replied.
"I will do as you wish and inform my master of what have happened bu he knows, he knows the flow of time."

"Thank you. We will not consume your food, but may we examine it? Then you may take it back. We just wish to see if we can learn anything form it that may be useful."

The spirit hesitated, clearly not happy about allowing assess to it's treats but then it agreed.
"Yes."

He seemed less surprised by the threat of the Nephandi winning than the latter part of what the spirit said. After all, he knew things were not over, and the fight was still happening even if they won a battle recently. "Can you please help me to understand...the child born from the sword in the tree? In this timeline, when were they born?"

"Ten years and seven months and four days from now."
The spirit said.

"That is a cruel thing to do," he said with a frown at its distress. "Has the person that sent you on this task that is against your purpose summoned you before that point in the now?" he asked. "Have you worked with them before that?"

"Yes."
The spirit replied.

[Casa Wainwright]

Anna smiled at that.
"I will do so dad, I will make some awesome cocoa, that will cheer Kyle up and I will add plenty of marshmallows."

He grinned, "Terry Pratchett would have loved you, Sweetie. His highest-ranking wizard figured that if whacking a big nasty with a good staff of solid oak, a fireball wasn't likely to bother it much, either... And no, I'm not giving you a staff just yet."

"That is the guy who wrote the funny fantasy books right dad?"
Anna asked then she grinned.
"A staff might be even more effective than kicking I should bring one to the hospital with me."
She declared and Amadeus muttered wryly.
"I am sure the nursing staff would love that."

He nodded, "You can learn a lot of physics from books, but it's a lot easier to understand when you see marbles bouncing around and ricocheting off one another."

"Yeah, you are right dad."
Anna said happily.
"Will you play marbles with me tonight?"
She asked it being one of her favorite activities.

He nodded, "Very well. I don't think I can fit a flight in for the rest of the year, though... perhaps the second week of January, provided the weather is tolerable? You'll want reasonably clear skies for such, after all."

"That is quite acceptable."
Narim agreed.
"And yes I would need fairly clear skies so I could see well."

"I can do that. Swearing sounds so much better in the Dragon's Tongue anyway but no one want me speaking that."
Anna said and sigh.
"English is so cumbersome."

He nodded, "You would certainly be in advanced placement for most subjects. Sleeper history and, hm, soft sciences might be lagging a little behind in places, but I'm not done evaluating your knowledge yet."

Anna nodded at that.

"Thank you."

The little girl grinned at you when you thanked her.

"It's easy enough in theory, do not be where the bullets are at the same time."

"Exactly and I have an app for that."
Narim replied with a smile.

He gave Anna a little smile and said in Greek, "Yes. You both should learn the Greek language. Then he will be able to argue properly."

"And I will understand what they argue over."
Anna replied in shaky Greek with a coy smile.

"Cursing is an art unto itself. But as your father says, one to learn when you are a little older."

"Yeah...I guess so Sir. I can wait until I am older."
Anna agreed with a sigh.

"Correct. Sometimes studying is not always fun, but it can be highly rewarding."

"Yeah it can be, I like learning magick Sir."
The young Orphan agreed happily.

[Scott's Auto]

Nicole drove to work in silence; too preoccupied to listen to music as she usually did. Slowed down and flashed her rear lights on passing the strip-mall, signalling Miles and Ty where they were to park.

The red car parked where directed.

Pausing in the lot to "sort out a bootlace" so the two Awakened had time to get into position, once she spots them will walk into the shop, though the entrance going straight into the workshop - her usual route if she'd been on a parts run...

You noticed the two others getting into position then you walked into the workshop, the mustard yellow BMW that needed new breaks you ha been working on Friday evening where there ready for the owner to pick it up after completed repairs. As you got into the workshop you felt someone touch your shoulder and then you heard Miles yell.
"Stop...police!"

Behind you stood a man that matched the picture from the ice cream place, he was of average height and weight with black framed glasses and scruffy black hair, his eyes where shifty. The an was wearing a suit and gray coat and there was just something of about him, in one hand he held a small syringe with a very fine tipped needle, meant to cause as little sensation as possible going in, the man stopped dead in his tracks at the shout though.
"I ehm..shit!"
He grunted he had clearly followed you into the workshop as soon as he saw you go in, now though he dropped what he was holding and ran or at least tried to run.

(I rolled for Nicole, she score 11 and go first for the fight, then the shifty dude, then Ty and lMiles go last.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:05 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:George gave you a stern look.
"Young man while I am not sure if our friend here is able to understand your words or care if it do, it is never a good idea to talk about how annoying someone you are trying to have a polite conversation with is right in front of them...it shows bad manners. lease refrain from doing so."

"O-of course. Sorry sir. I'll remember that in the future. Serge said nervously, not expecting his statement to draw out the primus's stern side.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "I wouldn't say it's annoying. I've connected with a Great Polyp; it's like a cross between a big, fluffy, playful dog and a dolphin."

"I've connected with a goldfish." Serge said as if that was comparable to Colin's achievements. "It was...meh. He was hungry and that was about it."

Colin wrote:He scratched his face and gave Serge a wry grin, "Instinctively at first, indeed... I'm just damn lucky I could do little to directly affect my surroundings at the time; displaying bizarre phenomena while confined to a hospital bed would probably have attracted undesirable attention, to say the least..."

"The characters I drew sometimes mimicked the emotions of those around me rather than what I was intending. I had to stop drawing around my classmates during finals week since all my characters just ended up looking stressed and paranoid." Serge said with a grin.

Adley wrote:"That's not necessarily a problem if you are a person with time magick, though." He looked thoughtful, trying to figure out what area it is. "May I see?" he asked Serge.

"Sure thing. Go nuts." Serge said handing the phone over to Adley.

Anja wrote:"In a physical realm but not this physical realm."
The spirit replied.

"How was that physical realm different from this physical realm." Serge asked, curious to see if the spirit was referring to the ritual room or something broader.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "It would be fascinating, I'm sure, but I don't quite know if it would be entirely legal without explicit permission. Might run afoul of the Hermetic law against scrying on one another - this is a Hermetic chantry, after all, and even if you and I are not Hermetics ourselves, it might be a very dark grey area, legally..."
Anja wrote:"I am not sure everyone would like you to see their innermost chambers represented in the Penumbra young man but you can always ask."
The Primus said.

"Why scry? Just get the owners permission and walk right in with them. I'm sure other less spirited people would be interested in seeing the spirit versions of there rooms as well. "

Colin wrote:He wobbled for a moment, feet almost shuffling across the chalk lines before he caught himself, then he shook his head, "I... saw something, neither here nor now... I am glad you fee whole once more, my friend. I now ask two favours of you - first, tell us of the list of things the name-thief wanted kept secret. Second, when you depart, let your Lord and Master know who so abused you, and who tried violate the accord which he and I came to. I am certain he will take a certain measure of offense to such an act."
Adley wrote:His eyes widened and he reached out, but was glad to see Colin get his feet again. He clearly wanted to ask what happened but waited until he was finished conducting his affair with the spirit he had Named.

"You all right?" Serge asked looking concerned as Colin wobbled backwards.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"Please do be more careful around...that topic." He still looked a bit angry, but more than that he was very worried for his brother.
Colin nodded, "A lapse in judgment. I like to think they're not all that frequent."

Anja wrote:Anna smiled at that.
"I will do so dad, I will make some awesome cocoa, that will cheer Kyle up and I will add plenty of marshmallows."
S7trif3 wrote:"Thank you."
Anja wrote:The little girl grinned at you when you thanked her.
He nodded, "Thank you, Sweetie."

Anja wrote:"That is the guy who wrote the funny fantasy books right dad?"
Anna asked then she grinned.
"A staff might be even more effective than kicking I should bring one to the hospital with me."
She declared and Amadeus muttered wryly.
"I am sure the nursing staff would love that."
He nodded sagely, "That's the man... and that's why you're not getting a staff until Dr. Lee has taught you more restraint."

S7trif3 wrote:"It's easy enough in theory, do not be where the bullets are at the same time."
Anja wrote:"Exactly and I have an app for that."
Narim replied with a smile.
He smiled wryly, "Most people have to settle for dodging the shooter's aim before the trigger is pulled, you know... That works, too, for most..."

Anja wrote:"That is quite acceptable."
Narim agreed.
"And yes I would need fairly clear skies so I could see well."
He nodded, "I will look at the forecasts when we get closer to the appointed time."

S7trif3 wrote:He gave Anna a little smile and said in Greek, "Yes. You both should learn the Greek language. Then he will be able to argue properly."
Anja wrote:"And I will understand what they argue over."
Anna replied in shaky Greek with a coy smile.
He gave Adley a dirty look, "Okay, I know one of those words translates to either 'argue' or 'debate', so I can only conclude you just pulled out a dirty rhetorical trick."

Anja wrote:"I can do that. Swearing sounds so much better in the Dragon's Tongue anyway but no one want me speaking that."
Anna said and sigh.
"English is so cumbersome."
S7trif3 wrote:"Cursing is an art unto itself. But as your father says, one to learn when you are a little older."
Anja wrote:"Yeah...I guess so Sir. I can wait until I am older."
Anna agreed with a sigh.
He nodded sagely, "Nobody wants to hear the Dragon's Tongue. Everyone here had more than enough for several lifetimes when Diego put on an opera performance in the basement while he was our, hm, guest. As for cursing, that's a fickle art, and not necessarily the same as swearing. I'm sure we'll get around to that, too - when I believe you're mature enough not to do it casually."

S7trif3 wrote:"Correct. Sometimes studying is not always fun, but it can be highly rewarding."
Anja wrote:"Yeah it can be, I like learning magick Sir."
The young Orphan agreed happily.
He grinned, "One day, Sweetie, we'll get around to practicing formal dueling forms. That should prove interesting."

Anja wrote:"Yeah, you are right dad."
Anna said happily.
"Will you play marbles with me tonight?"
She asked it being one of her favorite activities.
He nodded, "If I am home before bedtime, yes. I might have to help out with a problem, though, there's some trouble going on with..."
He frowned, "Oh, right... Dino asked me to tell you, Evelyn has taken a turn for the worse. They're doing what they can, but she's running a fever, and her pacemaker failed... It seems some very bad people are making people with implants sick, and we're all very busy trying to find and stop them."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:George gave you a stern look.
Jeremy wrote:"O-of course. Sorry sir. I'll remember that in the future. Serge said nervously, not expecting his statement to draw put the primus's stern side.
He smiled wryly, "And that goes for addressing children, too."

Jeremy wrote:"I've connected with a goldfish." Serge said as if that was comparable to Colin's achievements. "It was...meh. He was hungry and that was about it."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, I suppose goldfish aren't the most intellectually stimulated being to contact. Perhaps J... my owl friend would be more of an interesting conversation partner?"

Anja wrote:"They sing."
The spirit said but it was unsure whatever it meant Polyps or dolphins.
He nodded, "Yes, I suppose they do, at that."

Anja wrote:"As far as I know the girl don't know it happened as her magick always happened before she was attacked and she is still not old enough to be told. She is being cared for on a Chantry you know in Chicago until a teacher can be found for her."
George replied.
"It is for the best that she do not yet know."
He nodded, "Perhaps not ever. That's quite the protective avatar. A lot like mine, in ways, I suppose."

Jeremy wrote:"The characters I drew sometimes mimicked the emotions of those around me rather than what I was intending. I had to stop drawing around my classmates during finals week since all my characters just ended up looking stressed and paranoid." Serge said with a grin.
Anja wrote:"Actually most Awaken in their late teens to early twenties though for some it happens much later in life and for others in can happen in early childhood. You where led to an Awakening by your Mentor, lately though we see more and more spontaneous Awakenings where someone just Awaken and yes you are lucky who have had a teacher being a Orphan is not always easy."
George said and he glanced over at Colin as he did so.
He smiled wryly, "I seem to have done fairly well for myself so far - not having access to a wealth of resources does inspire a certain innovative attitude and a knack for milking what resources one can."

Anja wrote:"It is illegal for a Cultist to pry on the privacy of another without their consent or a very good reason, for example trying to aid a sick friend, that is in their own Code. For a Orphan though you can not be held to Hermetic law however this Chantry do have rules and one of them are no scrying on fellow Chantrymates."
George said firmly.
He nodded, "Which would be my point - the question was merely whether visiting the shadow of a Chantrymate's room like that would constitute such prying."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure everyone would like you to see their innermost chambers represented in the Penumbra young man but you can always ask."
The Primus said.
Jeremy wrote:"Why scry? Just get the owners permission and walk right in with them. I'm sure other less spirited people would be interested in seeing the spirit versions of there rooms as well. "
He nodded, "Well, there is that... I suppose you could post a note in the common room, inviting people to roam around their own Umbral rooms."

Anja wrote:"Yes this is so."
The spirit replied.
"You have med the child's that which I can not touch, but not the child, it do not exist yet but it will."
S7trif3 wrote:He seemed less surprised by the threat of the Nephandi winning than the latter part of what the spirit said. After all, he knew things were not over, and the fight was still happening even if they won a battle recently. "Can you please help me to understand...the child born from the sword in the tree? In this timeline, when were they born?"
Anja wrote:"Ten years and seven months and four days from now."
The spirit said.
He frowned, then his eyes widened, "...Oh... Let me guess, I met that child's part you cannot touch when she tried to destroy mine, and she died... and the child will be born to me and my then-wife?"

S7trif3 wrote:His eyes widened and he reached out, but was glad to see Colin get his feet again. He clearly wanted to ask what happened but waited until he was finished conducting his affair with the spirit he had Named.
Jeremy wrote:"You all right?" Serge asked looking concerned as Colin wobbled backwards.
He looked around for a brief moment, then nodded to Serge, "Quite alright... just an unexpected vision... I'll explain later."

Anja wrote:"Neither here nor now yes."
The spirit said then it continued.
"She wanted me not to describe her physical appearance but I can not for I do not understand it. There was a man with her, he had what I can not touch inside as well but it was dark and he spoke wrong raping wods with his voice, she told me not to mention him. The man called her a name Vittoria not a true name but one she identify with, she told me not to mention it."
The spirit replied.
"I will do as you wish and inform my master of what have happened bu he knows, he knows the flow of time."
He frowned, "And that would essentially confirm her identity..."
He looked at George, "Sir, would this spirit's testimony hold up in a trial?"
He thought for a moment, then added with a sly smile, "Or should we inform the Senior Quasitor of the city that person or persons unknown violated a spirit and sent it to harm a member of our Chantry by trying to tamper with the timelines for as yet undetermined reasons?"
He smiled to the spirit, "Then if he knows, tell him... that I am glad I could aid one of his flock, and that I hope our next meeting will be no more strained than our last."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next