Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

5 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 17 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:01 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"O-of course. Sorry sir. I'll remember that in the future. Serge said nervously, not expecting his statement to draw out the primus's stern side.

"Good remember child be polite."
George said but he added a smile to soften his words.

"I've connected with a goldfish." Serge said as if that was comparable to Colin's achievements. "It was...meh. He was hungry and that was about it."

"They are simple creatures, and still charming in their simplicity."
The Primus said and nodded.

"The characters I drew sometimes mimicked the emotions of those around me rather than what I was intending. I had to stop drawing around my classmates during finals week since all my characters just ended up looking stressed and paranoid." Serge said with a grin.

"Interesting, well as early manifestations of magick go, that one is fairly benign."
George commented.

"How was that physical realm different from this physical realm." Serge asked, curious to see if the spirit was referring to the ritual room or something broader.

"It was in the same time, there was no difference."
The spirit replied clearly confused about your question.

"Why scry? Just get the owners permission and walk right in with them. I'm sure other less spirited people would be interested in seeing the spirit versions of there rooms as well. "

"Well if you get the owner's permission then all is well just be aware not all will give you said permission."
George warned.

He nodded, "Yes, I suppose they do, at that."

"Yes they do though I do not understand."
The spirit said.

He nodded, "Perhaps not ever. That's quite the protective avatar. A lot like mine, in ways, I suppose."

"I believe that in the case of this young girl, then it is her subconscious doing the magick to protect her, not her Avatar, then again some claim they are one and the same."
The Primus commented.

He smiled wryly, "I seem to have done fairly well for myself so far - not having access to a wealth of resources does inspire a certain innovative attitude and a knack for milking what resources one can."

"You are one of the lucky ones, yes most Orphans never know they have something, and there are millions of them around, they always cheer their family up with their meals, or somehow they always know the right company to back but they never know they are doing magick, they never develop past the apprentice degree, but among those who knows...most get taken by a faction or another or get killed by Paradox long before they get very far in their magick."
George said in a serious tone of voice.

He nodded, "Which would be my point - the question was merely whether visiting the shadow of a Chantrymate's room like that would constitute such prying."

"Yes I would say that it dos yes."
The Primus declared.

He frowned, then his eyes widened, "...Oh... Let me guess, I met that child's part you cannot touch when she tried to destroy mine, and she died... and the child will be born to me and my then-wife?"

"Yes and no, yes this person will be born to you and your then wife but no the child of the sword in the tree is another."
The spirit replied.

He frowned, "And that would essentially confirm her identity..."
He looked at George, "Sir, would this spirit's testimony hold up in a trial?"

"It might, spirit testimony are often contested due to the alien way spirits thin, getting a clear enough reply from them can be hard and there would be question as to whatever or not it have been compelled or tricked in some way but it might hold. It is the best piece of evidence we got thus far."

He thought for a moment, then added with a sly smile, "Or should we inform the Senior Quasitor of the city that person or persons unknown violated a spirit and sent it to harm a member of our Chantry by trying to tamper with the timelines for as yet undetermined reasons?"

"Getting her to panic you think, drawing her out?"
George asked.
"That might work."

He smiled to the spirit, "Then if he knows, tell him... that I am glad I could aid one of his flock, and that I hope our next meeting will be no more strained than our last."

"I will say these words to him."
Tick-Tock promised.

[Casa Wainwright]

He nodded, "Thank you, Sweetie."

"No problem dad, we are friends."
Anna said and smiled.

He nodded sagely, "That's the man... and that's why you're not getting a staff until Dr. Lee has taught you more restraint."

"His books are fun."
Anna said then she pouted.
"But there are so many I would like to hit with a staff."
She protested.

He smiled wryly, "Most people have to settle for dodging the shooter's aim before the trigger is pulled, you know... That works, too, for most..."

"This is true, a bit of chance, a bit of just not being where a bullet will hit and a bit of prediction though tend to lead to a more efficient result."
Narim said and smiled.

He nodded, "I will look at the forecasts when we get closer to the appointed time."

"Very well...thank you Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

He gave Adley a dirty look, "Okay, I know one of those words translates to either 'argue' or 'debate', so I can only conclude you just pulled out a dirty rhetorical trick."

Anna grinned at that but she said nothing.

He nodded sagely, "Nobody wants to hear the Dragon's Tongue. Everyone here had more than enough for several lifetimes when Diego put on an opera performance in the basement while he was our, hm, guest. As for cursing, that's a fickle art, and not necessarily the same as swearing. I'm sure we'll get around to that, too - when I believe you're mature enough not to do it casually."

"Well I guess hearing someone sing in the Daragon's Tongue is probably not plesant if you are not used to it and by used to it I mean Fallen."
Anna said and frowned.
"You are aware Diego only did that to be a dick right? As for cursing are you thinking about sending bad luck and illness on someone, yeah that is a interesting type of magick."
She declared and Amadeus nodded.
"Yes indeed child, most interesting and most useful."

He grinned, "One day, Sweetie, we'll get around to practicing formal dueling forms. That should prove interesting."

"Yeah that will be fun dad."
Anna agreed and smiled.

He nodded, "If I am home before bedtime, yes.

"Remember you said I got to stay up an extra hour."
Your apprentice reminded you.

I might have to help out with a problem, though, there's some trouble going on with..."
He frowned, "Oh, right... Dino asked me to tell you, Evelyn has taken a turn for the worse. They're doing what they can, but she's running a fever, and her pacemaker failed... It seems some very bad people are making people with implants sick, and we're all very busy trying to find and stop them."

Anna's eyes widened.
"Evelyn is worse...but...she was getting better!"
She protested.
"Are she going to die? That is not fair...can't we do something, we could...heal her...we could...and....are you saying someone hurt her? If someone hurt her I will rip their throats out and show it up their ass!"
The little girl declared and she sounded like she meant she would do just that. Amadeus sigh.
"I...and my apprentice and other healers at the Chantry can not heal every sick sleeper child...then we would be discovered."
Anna got tears welling up in her eyes again.
"I know Sir I know...but just one, she is my friend, I don't want her to die...please!"
Amadeus looked rather trapped between a rock an a hard place.
"I really can not..."
He begun and Ana started bawling.
"Ok...ok I will...see what I can do, if I find some way to do it that do not directly break the law of shade child but from what I hear of this disease it might be hard to heal but I will try...please stop crying I will try."
The Master Verbena said and Anna looked at him with tear filled eyes.
"You will try Master Nassa?"
Amadeus sigh, he could not say no to a girl the same age Beatrice had been when she Awakened.
"Yes child...I will try."
He consented.
"I will try."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33 - Page 17 Empty Re: Blood Money, Sick Cyborgs and Hidden Plans IC Thread 33

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

On seeing it was him, and then the needle made Nicole's day. Hands still holding the box, she instinctively went for one of the preferred moves in this situation; the good old "knee in groin"...

[If Adley wants to call her, that's fine...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:56 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"His books are fun."
Anna said then she pouted.
"But there are so many I would like to hit with a staff."
She protested.
Colin grinned wryly, "And that is precisely why you don't get a staff."

Anja wrote:"This is true, a bit of chance, a bit of just not being where a bullet will hit and a bit of prediction though tend to lead to a more efficient result."
Narim said and smiled.
He nodded, "A bit of luck and foresight, that part is fairly easy. It's the juggling of items in a volume of space I'm still having trouble with. Picking a flower in my parents' garden in England, not a problem, I know the place intimately, but relocating moving bullets in the middle of a gunfight... well, I guess I still have some learning to do."

Anja wrote:"Well I guess hearing someone sing in the Daragon's Tongue is probably not plesant if you are not used to it and by used to it I mean Fallen."
Anna said and frowned.
"You are aware Diego only did that to be a dick right? As for cursing are you thinking about sending bad luck and illness on someone, yeah that is a interesting type of magick."
She declared and Amadeus nodded.
"Yes indeed child, most interesting and most useful."
He nodded, "Of course Diego tried to provoke us into killing him here... and yes, cursing is an interesting and useful kind of magic, like I did at the hospital when we met Case. Very useful, and certainly best used very sparingly; I've found that it has the best effect when used like a scalpel, rather than like a shotgun. The same with blessings, really; they're pretty much two sides of the same coin."

Anja wrote:"Remember you said I got to stay up an extra hour."
Your apprentice reminded you.
He grinned, "I do believe I said 'starting next week'. We'll see about the leeway for tonight, alright?"

Anja wrote:Anna's eyes widened.
She protested.
"Are she going to die? That is not fair...can't we do something, we could...heal her...we could...and....are you saying someone hurt her? If someone hurt her I will rip their throats out and show it up their ass!"
The little girl declared and she sounded like she meant she would do just that. Amadeus sigh.
"I...and my apprentice and other healers at the Chantry can not heal every sick sleeper child...then we would be discovered."
Anna got tears welling up in her eyes again.
"I know Sir I know...but just one, she is my friend, I don't want her to die...please!"
Amadeus looked rather trapped between a rock an a hard place.
"I really can not..."
He begun and Ana started bawling.
"Ok...ok I will...see what I can do, if I find some way to do it that do not directly break the law of shade child but from what I hear of this disease it might be hard to heal but I will try...please stop crying I will try."
The Master Verbena said and Anna looked at him with tear filled eyes.
"You will try Master Nassa?"
Amadeus sigh, he could not say no to a girl the same age Beatrice had been when she Awakened.
"Yes child...I will try."
He consented.
"I will try."
He nodded, "It is bloody unfair, but this is not a disease, it looks like some form of deliberate poisoning. As I said, Dino is working his furry butt off to save her, and he's got the whole staff with him. She is in the best of hands, and... we're all fighting for her life, too."
He looked to Amadeus, "I would... be wary, and work from the shadows if possible; I believe there may be a Progenitor at the hospital, and you know how fond they are of, hm, unscientific practices. I've been relying on my own little ward and not using magic on the premises, to avoid his attention, but... this might be worth the risk. Also, I would check in with Miss Bouchard first, she might have a bit fresher intel regarding the attack form."
He frowned, "That said... if you find a cure, let us know right away; we'll have to distribute any advances as quickly as possible."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"I believe that in the case of this young girl, then it is her subconscious doing the magick to protect her, not her Avatar, then again some claim they are one and the same."
The Primus commented.
He nodded, "They're not one and the same, I can swear to that... though I do suppose the Avatar could well be posing as the subconscious. Trust me, my subconscious and my Avatar have quite different personalities..."

Anja wrote:"You are one of the lucky ones, yes most Orphans never know they have something, and there are millions of them around, they always cheer their family up with their meals, or somehow they always know the right company to back but they never know they are doing magick, they never develop past the apprentice degree, but among those who knows...most get taken by a faction or another or get killed by Paradox long before they get very far in their magick."
George said in a serious tone of voice.
He nodded, "Or get killed by the Union for Deviancy... I know. Part of why I have dreams of a House of my own, an Orphanage, if you will..."

Anja wrote:"Yes they do though I do not understand."
The spirit said.
He shook his head, "Sorry, that was a peculiarity of human language. I'm not sure how I would clarify that meaningfully."

Anja wrote:"Yes and no, yes this person will be born to you and your then wife but no the child of the sword in the tree is another."
The spirit replied.
He frowned, "Well, that's reassuring, then I know who our widderslainte child will be... That's going to make for awkward family dinners growing up, alright... Hum, the child of the sword in the tree is another... Well, then, we'll just have to prepare, some ten years from now."

Anja wrote:"It might, spirit testimony are often contested due to the alien way spirits thin, getting a clear enough reply from them can be hard and there would be question as to whatever or not it have been compelled or tricked in some way but it might hold. It is the best piece of evidence we got thus far."
He nodded, "Some of the best, at least. But, not for discussion here and now."

Anja wrote:"Getting her to panic you think, drawing her out?"
George asked.
"That might work."
He nodded, "If you were to let her know, as the senior member of your House present, and as Deacon Primus, that we're handing over the case to her office for a formal investigation, it could lead to... interesting places. After all, we learned that the culprit was a woman, not Fallen, who was working with someone Fallen, so it would be well within her realm of responsibilities to locate the culprit. And she would not be able to call the spirit again, not knowing its Name, would she?"

Anja wrote:"I will say these words to him."
Tick-Tock promised.
He nodded, then looked around, "Does anyone else have any questions for our new friend here?"

((OOC: Ahhh, Colin Wainwright, now casually siccing Old Man Wrinkle on the corrupt Quaesitor who has it in for him and his family. Is this what you would call 'fighting dirty'? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "A lapse in judgment. I like to think they're not all that frequent."

He tilted his head.

"And I will understand what they argue over."
Anna replied in shaky Greek with a coy smile.

He smiled.

He gave Adley a dirty look, "Okay, I know one of those words translates to either 'argue' or 'debate', so I can only conclude you just pulled out a dirty rhetorical trick."

"I was just saying that you will be able to argue better in Greek. It is a good language for it," he said with a small smile. Then he glanced back towards the door to see if Bee and Kyle were okay.

He frowned, "Oh, right... Dino asked me to tell you, Evelyn has taken a turn for the worse. They're doing what they can, but she's running a fever, and her pacemaker failed... It seems some very bad people are making people with implants sick, and we're all very busy trying to find and stop them."
Anna's eyes widened.
She protested....
He nodded, "It is bloody unfair, but this is not a disease, it looks like some form of deliberate poisoning. As I said, Dino is working his furry butt off to save her, and he's got the whole staff with him. She is in the best of hands, and... we're all fighting for her life, too."
He looked to Amadeus, "I would... be wary, and work from the shadows if possible; I believe there may be a Progenitor at the hospital, and you know how fond they are of, hm, unscientific practices. I've been relying on my own little ward and not using magic on the premises, to avoid his attention, but... this might be worth the risk. Also, I would check in with Miss Bouchard first, she might have a bit fresher intel regarding the attack form."
He frowned, "That said... if you find a cure, let us know right away; we'll have to distribute any advances as quickly as possible."

Anna's reaction was the expected one and he looked at Colin again, with a frown. He clearly had no idea how he might be able to comfort her in the face of that information.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Sure thing. Go nuts." Serge said handing the phone over to Adley.

He took the phone and checked over the information that Serge had found and then nodded to himself. He handed it back. "Thank you. Good work."

"Neither here nor now yes."
The spirit said then it continued.
"She wanted me not to describe her physical appearance but I can not for I do not understand it. There was a man with her, he had what I can not touch inside as well but it was dark and he spoke wrong raping wods with his voice, she told me not to mention him. The man called her a name Vittoria not a true name but one she identify with, she told me not to mention it."
The spirit replied.
"I will do as you wish and inform my master of what have happened bu he knows, he knows the flow of time."
"It might, spirit testimony are often contested due to the alien way spirits thin, getting a clear enough reply from them can be hard and there would be question as to whatever or not it have been compelled or tricked in some way but it might hold. It is the best piece of evidence we got thus far."

"Is there a way for us to record a testimony that might stand before we send our friend on its way?" he asked the Primus. Then to the spirit, he said, "The woman who gave you this mission then is not your Master?"

The spirit hesitated, clearly not happy about allowing assess to it's treats but then it agreed.
"Yes."

He nodded to him. "Many thanks. Amicus, sir, did you wish to examine it, with your knowledge of time at hand? You may glean more than I," he said to Colin and the Primus.

"Ten years and seven months and four days from now."
The spirit said.
He frowned, then his eyes widened, "...Oh... Let me guess, I met that child's part you cannot touch when she tried to destroy mine, and she died... and the child will be born to me and my then-wife?"
"Yes and no, yes this person will be born to you and your then wife but no the child of the sword in the tree is another."
The spirit replied.
He frowned, "Well, that's reassuring, then I know who our widderslainte child will be... That's going to make for awkward family dinners growing up, alright... Hum, the child of the sword in the tree is another... Well, then, we'll just have to prepare, some ten years from now."

"...Whose?" It was a bit of a strain to hold onto a conversation in English with the complexities of time and now family lines (which might be spiritual) added to the mix and he looked confused.

"Yes."
The spirit replied.

"At those times, did they also make you work against your purpose?"

He looked around for a brief moment, then nodded to Serge, "Quite alright... just an unexpected vision... I'll explain later."

"As you wish."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 am

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "And that goes for addressing children, too."
Anja wrote:"Good remember child be polite."
George said but he added a smile to soften his words.

Serge nodded to show that he would try his best.

Anja wrote:"They are simple creatures, and still charming in their simplicity."
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Well, I suppose goldfish aren't the most intellectually stimulated being to contact. Perhaps J... my owl friend would be more of an interesting conversation partner?"

"I've wanted to know what that owl's thinking." Serge said with a smile. "I wanna know why he hates our detroit mechanic so much."

Adley wrote:He took the phone and checked over the information that Serge had found and then nodded to himself. He handed it back. "Thank you. Good work."

"Elementary my dear cabalmate." Serge said with a grin taking his phone back.

Anja wrote:"Interesting, well as early manifestations of magick go, that one is fairly benign."
George commented.

Serge looked oddly saddened at his first brush with magick being called benign, but did his best to hide it. When he had first discovered his magick he had thought it was the coolest, most exciting thing in the world and so having it called dull didn't sit well with him....even if it was true.

Anja wrote:"It was in the same time, there was no difference."
The spirit replied clearly confused about your question.

"Of course. How silly of me." Serge said with a smile, knowing he likely wouldn't be able to come up with a proper question in time. And it was likely it wasn't necessary in the first place. "Thank you for answering all of my questions. It was nice talking to you."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Well, there is that... I suppose you could post a note in the common room, inviting people to roam around their own Umbral rooms."

"That kinda makes it sound like I have the ability to side step and was advertising it." Serge said with a chuckle. "I'd need to find someone who could portal me across the gauntlet first. And most people are a bit too busy to humor my curiosity."

Colin wrote:He nodded, then looked around, "Does anyone else have any questions for our new friend here?"

"About 10. But there all unrelated and frankly massive wastes of time. So no, no important questions at the moment." Serge replied.

Colin wrote:He looked around for a brief moment, then nodded to Serge, "Quite alright... just an unexpected vision... I'll explain later."
Adley wrote:"As you wish."

Serge nodded at that.

(OOC: 'fighting dirty' might be putting it lightly Razz . )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 am

[Scott's Auto]

On seeing it was him, and then the needle made Nicole's day. Hands still holding the box, she instinctively went for one of the preferred moves in this situation; the good old "knee in groin"...

The man was pretty fast and so he managed to turn around somewhat sp your kick impacted in his thigh and not his groin, it still hurt though and the groaned as he grabbed or a weapon in his pocket, by this time though Ty kicked him in the side and the man flew of his feet and tumbled to the floor. Miles pointed his gun at the man.
"Don't try anything."
He said but you could see that the creep was planing on doing something by how his muscles tensed up.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin grinned wryly, "And that is precisely why you don't get a staff."

Anna did not press the point she was an obedient child but damn could she pout if she did not get her way and she pouted, she was a pouter alright.

He nodded, "A bit of luck and foresight, that part is fairly easy. It's the juggling of items in a volume of space I'm still having trouble with. Picking a flower in my parents' garden in England, not a problem, I know the place intimately, but relocating moving bullets in the middle of a gunfight... well, I guess I still have some learning to do."

"I find it best to have a hung program running, it is possible to get the eaction time to move out of the way of a speeding bullet but that takes quite allot, just having a program that activates if you would get shot and then get you out of the way though is much easier."
Narim said.

He nodded, "Of course Diego tried to provoke us into killing him here... and yes, cursing is an interesting and useful kind of magic, like I did at the hospital when we met Case. Very useful, and certainly best used very sparingly; I've found that it has the best effect when used like a scalpel, rather than like a shotgun. The same with blessings, really; they're pretty much two sides of the same coin."

"I think he knew you would not kill him Mentor, I think he did it just to be a dick and yeah any magick would be best used with care would it not, but there are some I would like to curse as well if I do not get to hit them with a staff."
Anna replied.

He grinned, "I do believe I said 'starting next week'. We'll see about the leeway for tonight, alright?"

Your apprentice gave a sigh.
"You did say when you left for Horizon but I have to try for tonight as well after all bed time sucks."
She declared happily.

"Will Dino be able to save her dad?"
Anna asked tears in her eyes.
"The ones who hurt her are assholes, this is not right one can not just go an poison someone and what have my friend ever done to anyone to deserve this it is not right!"

"Miss Bouchard? Hum...I will have a talk with her then. And it do not surprise me that the university hospital have Technocrats and no we do not like one another, Progenitors and Verbena are sworn blood enemies but we have an unspoken agreement not to fight at a hospital or clinic, not at places of healing."
Amadeus said and frowned.
"Like I said I can make no promises but I hate to see your kid cry, I will look into it."
He said and Anna nodded still crying.
"Thank you Master Nassa."

"I was just saying that you will be able to argue better in Greek. It is a good language for it," he said with a small smile. Then he glanced back towards the door to see if Bee and Kyle were okay.

Bee where leading Kyle back to the sofa, the young Hermetic still looked rather pale and scared but he sat down as she set the glass of water on the table.
"Sorry for the fuss."
Kyle muttered weakly.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, "They're not one and the same, I can swear to that... though I do suppose the Avatar could well be posing as the subconscious. Trust me, my subconscious and my Avatar have quite different personalities..."

"I would not know I was born with a Fount and it will seem I will leave this world never hearing my Avatar's voice."
George said sadly.
"My Fount give me power, Quintessence flow easier in me than in someone who was born with an Avatar, but I would trade that raw power to hear her speak but once."
He muttered softly.

He nodded, "Or get killed by the Union for Deviancy... I know. Part of why I have dreams of a House of my own, an Orphanage, if you will..."

"Yes or get killed by the Union for Deviancy...hum your House idea are a a good one."
George said and nodded.
"We can discuss it later."

He shook his head, "Sorry, that was a peculiarity of human language. I'm not sure how I would clarify that meaningfully."

The spirit continued to look confused.

"It is so in another now."
The spirit said not really understanding the rest of your words.

He nodded, "Some of the best, at least. But, not for discussion here and now."

Amadeus nodded at that.

He nodded, "If you were to let her know, as the senior member of your House present, and as Deacon Primus, that we're handing over the case to her office for a formal investigation, it could lead to... interesting places. After all, we learned that the culprit was a woman, not Fallen, who was working with someone Fallen, so it would be well within her realm of responsibilities to locate the culprit. And she would not be able to call the spirit again, not knowing its Name, would she?"

"Calling the spirit again would not be easy for her no, the problem is she could just pretend to be investigating the matter and then brush it under the rug."
George said.
"I would think being handed the case would be a dream situation for her."

He nodded, then looked around, "Does anyone else have any questions for our new friend here?"

"I will examine it's Quintessence but other than that I do think we got our questions answered."
George said.

"Is there a way for us to record a testimony that might stand before we send our friend on its way?" he asked the Primus. Then to the spirit, he said, "The woman who gave you this mission then is not your Master?"

"I can make a perfect recording of my memory of this meeting and store that in a crystal."
George said. The spirit looked at you.
"The woman forced me to act against my nature, my master is the old man of time."
It replied flatly.

He nodded to him. "Many thanks. Amicus, sir, did you wish to examine it, with your knowledge of time at hand? You may glean more than I," he said to Colin and the Primus.

George nodded and he started casting a spell, after a few moment he nodded.
"It seams to be as the spirit says one of these are Quintessence from our Pool while the other are from the Pool of another similar but far darker and ore Entropic timeline. The Resonance is odd though this was harvested by someone with a Font...and the woman we suspect I do not believe have one."
He confirmed then he turned to the spirit.
"Thank you."

"...Whose?" It was a bit of a strain to hold onto a conversation in English with the complexities of time and now family lines (which might be spiritual) added to the mix and he looked confused.

"Yours, you are the sword in the tree it will be your child."
The strange spirit said and she looked at you.

"At those times, did they also make you work against your purpose?"

"Yes."
The spirit said pain in it's non voice.

Serge nodded to show that he would try his best.

"Good boy."
George said and he patted your shoulder jovially.

Serge looked oddly saddened at his first brush with magick being called benign, but did his best to hide it. When he had first discovered his magick he had thought it was the coolest, most exciting thing in the world and so having it called dull didn't sit well with him....even if it was true.

The Primus chuckle when he saw your expression.
"Benign child as in not harmful, this is a good thing, benign simply mean something that is not harmful or damaging to you or your environment."

"Of course. How silly of me." Serge said with a smile, knowing he likely wouldn't be able to come up with a proper question in time. And it was likely it wasn't necessary in the first place. "Thank you for answering all of my questions. It was nice talking to you."

"You will try to draw me, it will make your head hurt."
The spirit replied to your thanks.

"About 10. But there all unrelated and frankly massive wastes of time. So no, no important questions at the moment." Serge replied.

"If you are sure your questions are unrelated child?"
George asked.
"Sometimes the strangest questions are the most relevant."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:25 am

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

Working on the old rule of "once you've got the initiative, keep it" Nicole moved towards the man and dropped to her knees - on his chest. Not to crush, but to pin him down and get him out of the battle - plus to abandon her package...

[Colin wants to open an orphanarium?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:43 am

[Scott's Auto]

You dropped you weight down on the man's chest and he grunted as the air was knocked out of him. Ty rushed in to help, pinning the man's arms over his head and still he struggeled, the creep where unusually strong tearing his arms loose from Ty's grip and the Akashic was wiry but you could see well toned muscles under his tight skin, twisting the man threw your considerable weight of, it was clearly an effort but even so he did it which showed suprising strength.
"Damn it!"
Ty grunted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:07 am

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

'Cuff him, then!' Nicole sneers, shifting position a little so she can pin him down better.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:14 am

[Scott's Auto]

"I a trying."
Ty said as he dodged the man trying to kick him. You had to pin him down again completely since he had thrown you of him.
"If you take his torso I will hold his legs down and Miles can cuff him!"
Ty grunted as he struggled with the stranger.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:19 am

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave an annoyed grunt, shifting her position so Ty could get to the guy's legs. 'Fuck... well, you weren't expecting this, were you?' she snarled to the man, giving him a glower.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 am

[Scott's Auto]

"Drop dead bitch!"
The man shouted back. Ty pinned the man's legs to the ground but you had to use all your strength to hold his upper body down. Miles moved in and tried to get the cuffs on him and he managed to snap one side onto one of the creep's wrists but he was just not able to pull his arms behind his back as the man struggled.
"Get of me!"
The man shouted.
"Why could you just have not noticed like the rest, fuck you all!"
Miles grunted as he tried to pull the man's hands behind him.
"Polite bastard is he not?"
He asked between gritted teeth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I find it best to have a hung program running, it is possible to get the eaction time to move out of the way of a speeding bullet but that takes quite allot, just having a program that activates if you would get shot and then get you out of the way though is much easier."
Narim said.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Yes, well, hanging spells is still just a little out of my reach... I'm only Adept on paper yet, I'm afraid."

Anja wrote:"I think he knew you would not kill him Mentor, I think he did it just to be a dick and yeah any magick would be best used with care would it not, but there are some I would like to curse as well if I do not get to hit them with a staff."
Anna replied.
He nodded sagely, "And so the collar stays in place a while longer, too..."

Anja wrote:Your apprentice gave a sigh.
"You did say when you left for Horizon but I have to try for tonight as well after all bed time sucks."
She declared happily.
He nodded, "Well, you might be too tired to debate the issue by then, but if you're up for it, I'll go along with it. Alright?"

S7trif3 wrote:"I was just saying that you will be able to argue better in Greek. It is a good language for it," he said with a small smile. Then he glanced back towards the door to see if Bee and Kyle were okay.
Anja wrote:Bee where leading Kyle back to the sofa, the young Hermetic still looked rather pale and scared but he sat down as she set the glass of water on the table.
"Sorry for the fuss."
Kyle muttered weakly.
He nodded to Adley, "Well, between Greek and Latin, that's rather the foundation of European debate methods, so..."
He looked up at Kyle, "Don't worry about it, Kyle... It was my fault; I underestimated how much it would upset you."

S7trif3 wrote:Anna's reaction was the expected one and he looked at Colin again, with a frown. He clearly had no idea how he might be able to comfort her in the face of that information.
Anja wrote:"Will Dino be able to save her dad?"
Anna asked tears in her eyes.
"The ones who hurt her are assholes, this is not right one can not just go an poison someone and what have my friend ever done to anyone to deserve this it is not right!"
He sighed, "I don't know, Sweetie, I just don't know if he can in time... but that's why I'll likely have to head straight out once I know you're safe - to help find a counter to this attack, and save lives on all sides; Union, Sleepers and us... Whoever is behind it will not get away with it."

Anja wrote:"Miss Bouchard? Hum...I will have a talk with her then. And it do not surprise me that the university hospital have Technocrats and no we do not like one another, Progenitors and Verbena are sworn blood enemies but we have an unspoken agreement not to fight at a hospital or clinic, not at places of healing."
Amadeus said and frowned.
"Like I said I can make no promises but I hate to see your kid cry, I will look into it."
He said and Anna nodded still crying.
"Thank you Master Nassa."
He nodded, "Thank you, Sir... and true, they won't create a fuss at the workplace, but they might call someone in to have a word with you as you leave."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"I would not know I was born with a Fount and it will seem I will leave this world never hearing my Avatar's voice."
George said sadly.
"My Fount give me power, Quintessence flow easier in me than in someone who was born with an Avatar, but I would trade that raw power to hear her speak but once."
He muttered softly.
He frowned, "I... know one person who had a Fount, and who ended up with a distinct Avatar... Lady Dalisse Hermes ex Diedne. But I would not recommend you try what was done to her..."

Anja wrote:"Yes or get killed by the Union for Deviancy...hum your House idea are a a good one."
George said and nodded.
"We can discuss it later."
He nodded, "I am sure the idea will be discussed at great length for years and decades to come. It's a long-term plan, not something to be done tonight."

Jeremy wrote:"I've wanted to know what that owl's thinking." Serge said with a smile. "I wanna know why he hates our detroit mechanic so much."
He frowned, "He might not know so clearly why... and in any case, there are questions best left unanswered. Suffice to say, it's kept a secret for reasons of security and dignity."

Jeremy wrote:"That kinda makes it sound like I have the ability to side step and was advertising it." Serge said with a chuckle. "I'd need to find someone who could portal me across the gauntlet first. And most people are a bit too busy to humor my curiosity."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I think there's a certain chap with impaired mobility in the Chantry who might welcome the excursion. He might be going just a little stir-crazy when he can't get around as much as he's used to."

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded to him. "Many thanks. Amicus, sir, did you wish to examine it, with your knowledge of time at hand? You may glean more than I," he said to Colin and the Primus.
Anja wrote:George nodded and he started casting a spell, after a few moment he nodded.
"It seams to be as the spirit says one of these are Quintessence from our Pool while the other are from the Pool of another similar but far darker and ore Entropic timeline. The Resonance is odd though this was harvested by someone with a Font...and the woman we suspect I do not believe have one."
"Thank you."
He grimaced, "I can smell it from here... I'd rather not get too close to that timeline, thank you; I worked hard enough to break away from it the first time..."
He frowned, "A Fount, though? Not a Fallen one?"

Anja wrote:"It is so in another now."
The spirit said not really understanding the rest of your words.
S7trif3 wrote:"...Whose?" It was a bit of a strain to hold onto a conversation in English with the complexities of time and now family lines (which might be spiritual) added to the mix and he looked confused.
Anja wrote:"Yours, you are the sword in the tree it will be your child."
He arched an eyebrow at Adley, then looked back at the spirit, "...Just to ensure we understand correctly, when you speak of the child of the sword in the tree, do you mean an incarnate child?"

S7trif3 wrote:"As you wish."
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded at that.
He nodded, "I'll need a word with you all afterwards, though - and our little bumblebee."

S7trif3 wrote:"Is there a way for us to record a testimony that might stand before we send our friend on its way?" he asked the Primus. Then to the spirit, he said, "The woman who gave you this mission then is not your Master?"
Anja wrote:"I can make a perfect recording of my memory of this meeting and store that in a crystal."
"The woman forced me to act against my nature, my master is the old man of time."
It replied flatly.
He nodded, "We also have a reliable chronicler here, who has witnessed the testimony."

Anja wrote:"Calling the spirit again would not be easy for her no, the problem is she could just pretend to be investigating the matter and then brush it under the rug."
George said.
"I would think being handed the case would be a dream situation for her."
He nodded, "Point. We might quietly pass the real case on someone senior to her, though - a certain individual of pure, inflexible Law comes to mind."

Jeremy wrote:"About 10. But there all unrelated and frankly massive wastes of time. So no, no important questions at the moment." Serge replied.
Anja wrote:"If you are sure your questions are unrelated child?"
George asked.
He smiled thinly, "What he said, ask your questions, just try to make sure to phrase them unambiguously."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:32 am

[Scott's Auto]
Anja's Post:

'Oh, go and fuck yourself.' Nicole replied, freeing a hand so she could reach for her pepper spray - to apply it to creep's face...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:34 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Yes, well, hanging spells is still just a little out of my reach... I'm only Adept on paper yet, I'm afraid."

"Another method then, it might not safe you from an assassination attempt but it could be useful in a fight, the same spell as mentioned earlier but activated before a fight, it would then move you out of the way of bullets without you needing to have the reaction time to cast it once a weapon is fired."
Narim said considering.

He nodded sagely, "And so the collar stays in place a while longer, too..."

And then there where more pouting, your apprentice was really good at pouting.

He nodded, "Well, you might be too tired to debate the issue by then, but if you're up for it, I'll go along with it. Alright?

"Jay I will be up!"
Anna declared but chances where she would be sound asleep tonight.

He looked up at Kyle, "Don't worry about it, Kyle... It was my fault; I underestimated how much it would upset you."

"It is okey Sir I going to be fine."
Kyle said and he sounded embarrassed.

He sighed, "I don't know, Sweetie, I just don't know if he can in time... but that's why I'll likely have to head straight out once I know you're safe - to help find a counter to this attack, and save lives on all sides; Union, Sleepers and us... Whoever is behind it will not get away with it."

"Yeah...go and save Evelyn dad and get the bastard who did this that is far more important that being here or coming home early, get them!"
Anna declared firmly.

He nodded, "Thank you, Sir... and true, they won't create a fuss at the workplace, but they might call someone in to have a word with you as you leave."

"I can take care of myself Mr Wainwright, but thank you for your concern."
The old Verbena said. Beatrice looked rather worried though.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He frowned, "I... know one person who had a Fount, and who ended up with a distinct Avatar... Lady Dalisse Hermes ex Diedne. But I would not recommend you try what was done to her..."

"I have heard the story...no I would prefer to avoid that."
George said and frowned thinly.

He nodded, "I am sure the idea will be discussed at great length for years and decades to come. It's a long-term plan, not something to be done tonight."

"Indeed very much so."
The Primus agreed.

He grimaced, "I can smell it from here... I'd rather not get too close to that timeline, thank you; I worked hard enough to break away from it the first time..."

"A Fount yes and not a Fallen one, the mage who gathered this Quintessence are a third, unknown party to this."
The old magus said and frowned.

He arched an eyebrow at Adley, then looked back at the spirit, "...Just to ensure we understand correctly, when you speak of the child of the sword in the tree, do you mean an incarnate child?"

"Yes."
The spirit replied.

He nodded, "I'll need a word with you all afterwards, though - and our little bumblebee."

"As you wish."
George replied.

He nodded, "We also have a reliable chronicler here, who has witnessed the testimony."

"Hum...it is likely your friend is unable to chronicle a falsehood when we are done here please find him a surface to write up what happened here, we can add that to my crystallized memories."

He nodded, "Point. We might quietly pass the real case on someone senior to her, though - a certain individual of pure, inflexible Law comes to mind."

"Hum...he would investigate this in a fair way, it is a good idea, we can contact him when we are done here or on Horizon when your group gets there."
The Primus agreed.

[Scott's Auto]

The man cried out in pain when you applied pepper spray to his face and he made a long list of threats about what he wanted to do to you, the most polite of which was to rip your cybernetics out and show them up your ass, however as he was distracted Miles managed to wrestle his arms behind his back and lock them in place with the cuffs.
"My Master will fuck you all up!"
The man cried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:13 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah yeah, crazy guy. The invisible masters will come and get us all.' Nicole replied, putting the spray back in her pocket. 'Might be an idea to now cuff his feet, then he can be carried into your car?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 pm

[Scott's Auto]

"I do not have food irons but I think..."
Miles looked around the workshop and found a roll of duct tape and brought it over and with Ty's help secured the man's feet. The creep continued to shout out insults.
"Fucking ugly bitch, my Master will get you he will get you al."

You saw Paul come into the room a worried frown on his face. Paul where a chubby man with a bunch of white hair in a ponytail to hide the increasing bald spot at the top of his head,he was wearing washed out overalls and he might not wash to often, now he had a tire iron in one hand.
"What is going on, Nicole are you okey?"
He asked and Ty rose to his feet.
"Don't worry Sir we have been looking fo this one for a while he is accused of having been crude and threatening towards several women so we asked for Miss Bouchard's help to lure him out we do apologize for the disturbance we will take him with us to the police station and get this sorted out."
He said and Paul nodded though he still looked at you to see if you where ok, he put the tire iron down though.
"I thought there was something shifty about this guy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:36 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Another method then, it might not safe you from an assassination attempt but it could be useful in a fight, the same spell as mentioned earlier but activated before a fight, it would then move you out of the way of bullets without you needing to have the reaction time to cast it once a weapon is fired."
Narim said considering.
Colin nodded, "That's probably a more practical solution for me - I suppose I could work out some manner to prepare such a ward to last all day, but it would be... a lot of work every morning. I know the Hermetic Parma Magica takes a fair bit of time to cast, even when you've done it a thousand times, and I expect any comparable long-lasting effect would take a comparable amount of time. I don't think six hours of preparation before going out on a three-hour tour would be worth it on a regular basis...""

Anja wrote:"Jay I will be up!"
Anna declared but chances where she would be sound asleep tonight.
He smiled thinly, "We shall see."

Anja wrote:"It is okey Sir I going to be fine."
He nodded, "Very well... Anna will make some cocoa later. With extra marshmallows. I suggest you come around for that."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...go and save Evelyn dad and get the bastard who did this that is far more important that being here or coming home early, get them!"
Anna declared firmly.
He grinned and nodded, snapping his hand up in a crisp salute, "Yes, ma'am. I'll do what I can, ma'am. Soon as the threat to you is dealt with."

Anja wrote:"I can take care of myself Mr Wainwright, but thank you for your concern."
The old Verbena said. Beatrice looked rather worried though.
He nodded, "You're more important to more people than you perhaps realize, my friend... A lot more. We can't afford to lose you now..."

[A Spirited Rebuttal]
Anja wrote:"I have heard the story...no I would prefer to avoid that."
George said and frowned thinly.
He nodded, the pondered, "Though... I suppose it might be possible for Mr. Karyak to reach in and coax it out, just long enough to manifest as an independent being... That would not be painful, or traumatic. If anyone can do it, I think it would be him."

Anja wrote:"A Fount yes and not a Fallen one, the mage who gathered this Quintessence are a third, unknown party to this."
He frowned, "Hum... so an old, powerful Mage... is it possible the Mage in question was merely an unwitting accessory after the fact? Essentially, just someone who traded the Quintessence away in a perfectly normal exchange?"

Anja wrote:"Yes."
The spirit replied.
He grinned to Adley, "Well, then, I'll make sure to have some celebratory cigars ready for the appropriate time."

Anja wrote:"Hum...it is likely your friend is unable to chronicle a falsehood when we are done here please find him a surface to write up what happened here, we can add that to my crystallized memories."
He nodded, "I'll get a sheet of metal or something similar; he uses his claws rather than pen, after all."

Anja wrote:"Hum...he would investigate this in a fair way, it is a good idea, we can contact him when we are done here or on Horizon when your group gets there."
The Primus agreed.
He smiled, "Of course, we would not need to inform our own Senior Quaesitor that we filed a duplicate request for further inquiry... one with supplemental information."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "Oh, I think there's a certain chap with impaired mobility in the Chantry who might welcome the excursion. He might be going just a little stir-crazy when he can't get around as much as he's used to."

"I might ask him. Staying in one place to long will make anyone crazy. He might welcome a little adventure." Serge said with a smile.

Colin wrote:He frowned, "He might not know so clearly why... and in any case, there are questions best left unanswered. Suffice to say, it's kept a secret for reasons of security and dignity."

"All right then." Serge said but it was clear that he still really wanted to know.

Anja wrote:"You will try to draw me, it will make your head hurt."
The spirit replied to your thanks.

"I've attempted it in the past. And as you've clearly seen I'll likely attempt it again in the future. But thank you for your warning." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"If you are sure your questions are unrelated child?"
George asked.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "What he said, ask your questions, just try to make sure to phrase them unambiguously."

Serge looked a little guilty as he was allowed to ask his question. "Oh it's really nothing important. I wanted to ask him a bunch of 'how old is it' questions. Like what this picture looked like." Serge said turning to a page in his notepad and showing a picture of a ninja fighting a treant to the spirit.

"It's best not to indulge me in this instant. It sounds like we have all the information we need and we don't wanna delay our new friend any longer."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:05 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

'And you'd have got away with it too, if it wasn't for us meddling adults.' Nicole quipped, looking around for the syringe to pick it up. 'You need a hand carrying your cargo?' giving Miles a significant look.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... though didn't think he'd try it here. Or this quick. Sorry.' she replied to her boss, running a hand through her hair, giving him a "I'll explain everything properly later" look. 'Suppose you'll need me to come to the station to give a statement and all that?' turning back to the pair of Awakened.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm

[Scott's Auto]

'And you'd have got away with it too, if it wasn't for us meddling adults.' Nicole quipped, looking around for the syringe to pick it up. 'You need a hand carrying your cargo?' giving Miles a significant look.

"Bitch!"
The man on the floor growled. You did find the syringe unbroken on the ground. Miles though gave you a confused look clearly not catching your meaning.

Yeah... though didn't think he'd try it here. Or this quick. Sorry.' she replied to her boss, running a hand through her hair, giving him a "I'll explain everything properly later" look. 'Suppose you'll need me to come to the station to give a statement and all that?' turning back to the pair of Awakened.

"It is ok as long as you are not hurt."
Paul said and sigh before he scratched his head again.
"Is there anything I can do?"
He asked and Ty shook his head.
"No Sir we got it from here."
He said then he turned to you.
"Yes Ma'am sorry for the inconvenience but we will make sure this guy don't bother you again."
He said before hauling the struggling man up to drag him to the car.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "That's probably a more practical solution for me - I suppose I could work out some manner to prepare such a ward to last all day, but it would be... a lot of work every morning. I know the Hermetic Parma Magica takes a fair bit of time to cast, even when you've done it a thousand times, and I expect any comparable long-lasting effect would take a comparable amount of time. I don't think six hours of preparation before going out on a three-hour tour would be worth it on a regular basis...""

"Actually for me casting my Parma takes about three minutes every morning and evening."
George said.
"But yes a to long working would be impractical."
Narim nodded.
"Well for me I work when I got the time and save it all on my computer and phone so I can just activate a program when I need it."

He smiled thinly, "We shall see."

"I am not going to be tired at all!"
Anna boasted.

He nodded, "Very well... Anna will make some cocoa later. With extra marshmallows. I suggest you come around for that."

"I ehm...that sounds very nice Sir...I will come over for that."
Kyle said a bit hesitantly but he offered a weak smile.

He grinned and nodded, snapping his hand up in a crisp salute, "Yes, ma'am. I'll do what I can, ma'am. Soon as the threat to you is dealt with."

This made Anna cheer up and she giggled a little then she turned serious again.
"Yeah you do that and I really...really hope Evelyn makes it you know she is my friend."

He nodded, "You're more important to more people than you perhaps realize, my friend... A lot more. We can't afford to lose you now..."

Amadeus smiled a little.
"I will make sure I stay safe I promise I will not make any foolhardy moves."
He promised and Beatrice nodded.
"Good."
She said but she was cleanly still a little worried.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

He nodded, the pondered, "Though... I suppose it might be possible for Mr. Karyak to reach in and coax it out, just long enough to manifest as an independent being... That would not be painful, or traumatic. If anyone can do it, I think it would be him."

George nodded at that.
"I will talk with him...perhaps he can do what you say we will see also careful with names young one, careful with name."
He said and sigh.

He frowned, "Hum... so an old, powerful Mage... is it possible the Mage in question was merely an unwitting accessory after the fact? Essentially, just someone who traded the Quintessence away in a perfectly normal exchange?"

"Yes a old and powerful mage harvested this Quintessence but as you say it is just as likely they where never involved in any wrong doing and did not know what the Vis they traded where meant for."
The old Hermetic agreed with a frown.

He nodded, "I'll get a sheet of metal or something similar; he uses his claws rather than pen, after all."

"Excellent I will make sure the Chantry pay you back for the cost of the metal sheet."
George said.
"And that are a good use for his claws."

He smiled, "Of course, we would not need to inform our own Senior Quaesitor that we filed a duplicate request for further inquiry... one with supplemental information."

"Indeed we would be under no obligation to give her such information."
The Primus agreed with a wry smile.

"I've attempted it in the past. And as you've clearly seen I'll likely attempt it again in the future. But thank you for your warning." Serge said with a smile.

"Yes."
The spirit said.
"Human heads hurt easily they are ineffective and only last for a maximum of 120 years without magick to preserve them, most puzzling."

Serge looked a little guilty as he was allowed to ask his question. "Oh it's really nothing important. I wanted to ask him a bunch of 'how old is it' questions. Like what this picture looked like." Serge said turning to a page in his notepad and showing a picture of a ninja fighting a treant to the spirit.

"It's best not to indulge me in this instant. It sounds like we have all the information we need and we don't wanna delay our new friend any longer."

Master Steelhaven gave you a confused look at your questions then he said.
"No let us not bother our friend here with such frivolous inquiries child."
The Primus said. Tick-Tock looked at the drawing.
"It was drawn three days and four hours and five minutes ago, the paper where made one year, five montes and three days ago, the notebook where bound one year two months and two days ago."
He replied George smiled a little.
"Well then now that we have that answered shall we send our new friend on his way gentlemen?"'
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Anja wrote:"Yes."
The spirit said.
"Human heads hurt easily they are ineffective and only last for a maximum of 120 years without magick to preserve them, most puzzling."

Serge looked like he had multiple questions that stemmed from that statement alone. But kept them to himself and simply smiled at the spirit.

Anja wrote:Master Steelhaven gave you a confused look at your questions then he said.
"No let us not bother our friend here with such frivolous inquiries child."
The Primus said. Tick-Tock looked at the drawing.
"It was drawn three days and four hours and five minutes ago, the paper where made one year, five montes and three days ago, the notebook where bound one year two months and two days ago."
He replied George smiled a little.
"Well then now that we have that answered shall we send our new friend on his way gentlemen?"'
He asked.

"Sorry sir. I should've made my intentions more clear." Serge said now looking even more guilty. Although he did smile when Tick-Tock answered the question.

"Anyways as much as I'll miss him I think it's time to say goodbye. For now at least."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:47 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

"He forgets how awesome he is sometimes, because he's so used to it," he said to Colin with a bit of amusement. "It will be useful when you can do that, imagine all the figurative rabbits you will have in your hat then?"

Bee where leading Kyle back to the sofa, the young Hermetic still looked rather pale and scared but he sat down as she set the glass of water on the table.
"Sorry for the fuss."
Kyle muttered weakly.
"It is okey Sir I going to be fine."
"I ehm...that sounds very nice Sir...I will come over for that."
Kyle said a bit hesitantly but he offered a weak smile.

"There is nothing to apologize for," he said, turning to look at Kyle.

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

Jeremy wrote:
"I've wanted to know what that owl's thinking." Serge said with a smile. "I wanna know why he hates our detroit mechanic so much."
He frowned, "He might not know so clearly why... and in any case, there are questions best left unanswered. Suffice to say, it's kept a secret for reasons of security and dignity."

He gave Colin a confused look.

"I can make a perfect recording of my memory of this meeting and store that in a crystal."
It replied flatly.
"Hum...it is likely your friend is unable to chronicle a falsehood when we are done here please find him a surface to write up what happened here, we can add that to my crystallized memories."

He nodded to the Primus and Colin. "That would be helpful." And then said to the spirit, "I understand."

George nodded at that.
"I will talk with him...perhaps he can do what you say we will see also careful with names young one, careful with name."
He said and sigh.

"Names, amicus."

"Yours, you are the sword in the tree it will be your child."
"Yes."
The spirit replied.
He grinned to Adley, "Well, then, I'll make sure to have some celebratory cigars ready for the appropriate time."

Adley looked as if someone had hit him with a large fish, straight in the face. Before he could even get his thoughts back in order, Colin followed up for him and then his expression shifted again, from surprise and confusion to fear and still he couldn't get his tongue unstuck to ask any more about it. He couldn't even manage a nonfluency. He glanced over at Colin with an absolutely horrified expression, remembering what happened to Dylan. Then he looked away.

"I will examine it's Quintessence but other than that I do think we got our questions answered."
George said.

George nodded and he started casting a spell, after a few moment he nodded.
"Thank you."
"A Fount yes and not a Fallen one, the mage who gathered this Quintessence are a third, unknown party to this."

He regarded the spirit as best he could, since looking at it was still a weird experience and he was still thrown a bit from earlier in the conversation. "Do you know if the person who sent you on the task was the same one who made this tass that she gave to you?" Then, an idea arose in his head and after the first question was asked, he asked another. "Has the woman who sent you on this mission given you tass she made herself before? If so, did you detect any similarities between the tass you have now and that one? A subtle...very subtle perhaps, flavor, perhaps one from long ago from her perspective?"

"Certainly."

He asked.

He said to the spirit, "Thank you for letting us examine the tass; we are done looking at it so you can take it back now. Thank you for answering our questions," he said with a slight nod in its general direction. "We hope that you find your new Name suitable and are content with the duties that come with it, and are free from being ill-used for the rest of your being-ness." Then he said 'Goodbye' in Enochian and nodded to the Primus.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:09 pm

[Scott's Auto]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little shrug to this, casually slipping the syringe into her coat pocket. Making a mental note to remove it as soon as possible...

Anja's Post:

After bidding Scott goodbye, Nicole followed the pair carrying her wannabe-murderer out into the lot. Once out of earshot she'll move up to the pair. 'What now? Either of you know a way to send him to sleeplyland for a little bit? A way which ain't a hammer?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:31 pm

[A Spirited Rebuttal]

"Sorry sir. I should've made my intentions more clear." Serge said now looking even more guilty. Although he did smile when Tick-Tock answered the question.

"It is quite all right child curiosity is a healthy trait."
George said and smiled.

"Anyways as much as I'll miss him I think it's time to say goodbye. For now at least."

"Perhaps we will have reason to summon our new friend again at some time."
George said and Tick-Tock moved slightly.
"Yes you will."
His non voice confirmed. George nodded.
"Yes my friend I thought so."

He nodded to the Primus and Colin. "That would be helpful." And then said to the spirit, "I understand."

"At least we will have that bit of evidence on our side."
The Primus said.
"So we one day can take this person down."

He regarded the spirit as best he could, since looking at it was still a weird experience and he was still thrown a bit from earlier in the conversation. "Do you know if the person who sent you on the task was the same one who made this tass that she gave to you?"

"No another person made the Quintessence."
The spirit replied.

Then, an idea arose in his head and after the first question was asked, he asked another. "Has the woman who sent you on this mission given you tass she made herself before? If so, did you detect any similarities between the tass you have now and that one? A subtle...very subtle perhaps, flavor, perhaps one from long ago from her perspective?"

The spirit answered your two, long questions simply with.
"Yes."

He said to the spirit, "Thank you for letting us examine the tass; we are done looking at it so you can take it back now.

The spirit immediately took back it's ymmies before you could change your mind and steal it.

Thank you for answering our questions," he said with a slight nod in its general direction. "We hope that you find your new Name suitable and are content with the duties that come with it, and are free from being ill-used for the rest of your being-ness." Then he said 'Goodbye' in Enochian and nodded to the Primus.

The spirit looked at you as you spoke.
"I am content."
It said simply. George nodded and he waited to see if Colin had any words for the spirit then he ended the calling, bidding the spirit farewell in Enochian before performing the ending rituals where he made sure it no longer lingered around the ritual room before speaking the words to end the working.
"Well done gentlemen."
He said after he had taken a moment and a deep breath to settle himself and the strange presence of Tick-Tock was gone.
"I would say that was fruitful."

[Casa Wainwright]

"He forgets how awesome he is sometimes, because he's so used to it," he said to Colin with a bit of amusement. "It will be useful when you can do that, imagine all the figurative rabbits you will have in your hat then?"

Narim blushed at that.
"I ehm...ehm..."
He said and blushed again which made Anna giggle which made Narim blush more.

"There is nothing to apologize for," he said, turning to look at Kyle.

"Still I am sorry for...being so weak."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next