Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 5 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:31 pm

[Steelhaven]

He raised an eyebrow as he was presented with the weapon and ammo, having never seen anything like it before. "I hope he doesn't mind me giving it a test run," he said as he examined it and loaded it. "Thank you! if you see someone on the way that can help could you send them down?"

"I am sure he will not."
Nico said and they picked up the puppy who started licking their face happily.
"I will do so."
The Verditius said.
"Be safe and you to Sir."
She said to you and Master Haagen before she left for the stairs. Darrian looked at you.
"Well then we had a familiar to deal with Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Alchemist asked as he puled some vials out of his jacket pocket.

[Steelhaven]

Nice working with all of you as well." Serge said with a smile as he waited for Nicole to finish getting ready before heading up to Master Morgan's office.

"Right behind you." Serge said following behind his cabalmate to the main part of the chantry, clipboard still in hand as he flipped through the various drawings he had made for the missions.

The two of you saw Adley, Darrian and Nico with the dogs talking near the stairs, up on the second floor. Nico was taking Charlie and leaving after handing Adley what looked like a glass gun. Other than the three magi and the two dogs there where no one in the hallways right now.

(OOC: Sorry for missing Strife and, Jeremy's posts, dinner was on the table and I was rushing to get a post out and only saw Nicole's]
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 5 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Adley Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:05 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Be safe and you to Sir."
She said to you and Master Haagen before she left for the stairs. Darrian looked at you.
"Well then we had a familiar to deal with Mr Roth Hicks?"

"You too," he said to Nico and then nodded to Master Haagan. "Yes, sir. Will your friend be okay in this?" he asked as he turned to go back where his pater was, holding off the parrot. "Preferably we capture it, but if we can't," he tipped his head at the new weapon which he held tipped downward and fingers away from the trigger, but ready to use if need be.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:36 pm

[Freddy's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Yes I agree, Adley and Beatrice are a bit like brother and sister."
Fran agreed with a nod.
"Ethical advice? Ah yes off course because he is a Deacon...I am sure he would not do anything you know...immoral, he just likes Adley that is all and yes I do think they are good for one another I wish them the best."
The Euthanatos agreed and Freddy smiled warmly.
Colin smiled, "Well, now, moral questions were never even on the table - but the position of a Deacon, and especially the heir apparent to the seat of the Deacon Primus, does mean he would have a substantial amount of authoritative leverage for or against Adley, which while I doubt he would ever do anything of the sort, certain other individuals could well use as political ammunition against them both, if it were to be suggested that perhaps Master Sharaya were inappropriately showing favour to his boyfriend in administrative and legal matters. That whole issue was quite simply circumvented by Master Sharaya formally and in perpetuity recusing himself from any decisions made regarding Adley. It's not a perfect situation, of course, nothing ever is, but it's a quite functional one, swiftly deflecting a vast amount of potential ethical issues."

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I will ask Miss Adlebloom if she prefer her mind be stored in her Avatar or somewhere else while the surgeons work, as for why she have overcome her issues with cybernetics all we can do is speculate for now and I fear this is not a field I know very much about."
George said and nodded.
He nodded and smiled, "Her Avatar may be something of a misanthropic pest at times, but I think he'll be quite prepared to protect her like that... As for the question of genetics and cybernetics - you and me both, Sir. I pretty much have only a slightly better grasp than that allowed by pop-culture and fiction pieces."

Anja wrote:"If we have to resort to trying to read his mind then there might be a danger that he have placed traps there we have to move carefully there and if we are to use necromancy we have to make sure foul things are not there ready to get his soul as soon as he die. We might unfortunately end up having to rely on Lady Crexia's other skills than her abilities as a caller of the dead. It is inconvenient that there are only one punishment for the Fallen, it gives us little to bargain with, my Mentor cautioned against such a hard line against the Fallen when the law was made, but he was not heard, yes we have to reduce the number of Fallen and until other ways are found there are only one way to do that but we should have left ourselves room to maneuver."
The old mage said and sigh.
"Are you sure you do not want a cinnomon roll, I was so sure some would want them."
The ancient Hermetic said as he went to find one of the rolls for himself, they where so fresh the glazing had not yet completely set on them.
He nodded, "Such fortune that an alternative way might be around the corner, figuratively speaking... But not soon enough for the chap downstairs."
He smiled and straightened up, "My stomach just unknotted, knowing what you can do for Freddy... I'll be happy to take one of those rolls. And I'm sure Kyle and Chief Morgan's grand-apprentice will be delighted, too, as well as Adley, if I find him... Hum, perhaps even the chap in the basement would like one when he comes to again. Can't hurt to show a little kindness, I suppose."

((OOC: I don't think I missed anything to Colin in my few days' absence, but timewise, I think he should be about right at the same time as Adley, if not a few moments later, considering he probably spent a little while with Freddy, too...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:41 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Irrelevant. You'd have all the trackers blocked so it can't make "more of the same" predictions and if you're not logged in it won't be able to use your history either.' Nicole replied, not looking at the phone - which in a way was good, as she was still driving.

Anja's Post:

'You don't get it. The manipulations are avoidable, like if you both know it exists and you also know exactly what you're looking for. It is not as bad as the take-it-or-leave-it-totally-radical! shit that I grew up with, but you cannot describe the offerings online as "free choice" either. In a way, the old way was better for it didn't give you the impression that it was a "complete selection" of what was out there. Which was why I say it's dishonest - looks like it's a "complete, unbiased choice" when it actually ain't.'

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Nicole stubbed out the smoke, then headed to the Chief's office; knocking on the door on arrival, still carrying her rucksack.

Serge's Post:

The top layer - the one Nicole had put on it - contained an invoice/receipt from some discount sports site; a lot of objects with names which wouldn't mean anything to Serge, though did reveal she'd recently spent nearly $80 on a pair of XL sports bras, around $25 on "protein flavourings" and $65 on a pair of 20lb dumbbell plates. Interestingly, the "delivery address" wasn't for Steelhaven and the name wasn't hers.

[Welcome back! Notice that Nicole didn't kill anyone while you were away!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:05 am

[Steelhaven]

"You too," he said to Nico and then nodded to Master Haagan. "Yes, sir. Will your friend be okay in this?" he asked as he turned to go back where his pater was, holding off the parrot. "Preferably we capture it, but if we can't," he tipped his head at the new weapon which he held tipped downward and fingers away from the trigger, but ready to use if need be.

"Yes he will be fine, my friend can b quite useful in a fight...capturing is a priority but if not we deal with the being anyway, understood."
Darrian said as he joined you. Jeffry where still working at holding back the familiar, he was in the common room. He was focusing on his task though and did not speak to you.
"Should we go out and try to get it or work at a distance?"
Darrian asked.

[Freddy's Apartment]

Colin smiled, "Well, now, moral questions were never even on the table - but the position of a Deacon, and especially the heir apparent to the seat of the Deacon Primus, does mean he would have a substantial amount of authoritative leverage for or against Adley, which while I doubt he would ever do anything of the sort, certain other individuals could well use as political ammunition against them both, if it were to be suggested that perhaps Master Sharaya were inappropriately showing favour to his boyfriend in administrative and legal matters. That whole issue was quite simply circumvented by Master Sharaya formally and in perpetuity recusing himself from any decisions made regarding Adley. It's not a perfect situation, of course, nothing ever is, but it's a quite functional one, swiftly deflecting a vast amount of potential ethical issues."

"That sound like a pretty good solution to that problem."
Freddy said and nodded.
"I mean we can not expect a Deacon never to have relationships and the ones they meet the most often are the members of their own Chantry. Well anyway I wish them the best, I hope it all works out for them."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.

[George's Apartment]

He nodded and smiled, "Her Avatar may be something of a misanthropic pest at times, but I think he'll be quite prepared to protect her like that... As for the question of genetics and cybernetics - you and me both, Sir. I pretty much have only a slightly better grasp than that allowed by pop-culture and fiction pieces."

"Most Avatars are protective of their hosts, other than some Primordial ones who wish to move on. I will never the less ask Miss Adlebloom what she want."
The old magus said and nodded.
"Yes cybernetics are a mystery for me."

He nodded, "Such fortune that an alternative way might be around the corner, figuratively speaking... But not soon enough for the chap downstairs."
He smiled and straightened up, "My stomach just unknotted, knowing what you can do for Freddy... I'll be happy to take one of those rolls. And I'm sure Kyle and Chief Morgan's grand-apprentice will be delighted, too, as well as Adley, if I find him... Hum, perhaps even the chap in the basement would like one when he comes to again. Can't hurt to show a little kindness, I suppose."

"I did it for a man I was defending once, he was sentenced to a Branding and I kept his mind in a crystal while the Branding was done, preventing him from feeling it, that was scowled at though."
George said with a chuckle as he found a basket and filled it with warm cinnamon rolls and handed it to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright this should be enough both for you, for Kyle and his relative and to show a kindness to our prisoner...and you are right kindness often get us further than cruelty."

[Boston]

'Irrelevant. You'd have all the trackers blocked so it can't make "more of the same" predictions and if you're not logged in it won't be able to use your history either.' Nicole replied, not looking at the phone - which in a way was good, as she was still driving.

"Blockers help make the process quicker it still only takes a few minutes to find something that are not recommended, find a wast sea of things not recommended, it takes five minutes or less Nicole whatever you are logged in or not, that is not a huge amount of effort."
Jon said as he put his phone down again.

You don't get it. The manipulations are avoidable, like if you both know it exists and you also know exactly what you're looking for. It is not as bad as the take-it-or-leave-it-totally-radical! shit that I grew up with, but you cannot describe the offerings online as "free choice" either. In a way, the old way was better for it didn't give you the impression that it was a "complete selection" of what was out there. Which was why I say it's dishonest - looks like it's a "complete, unbiased choice" when it actually ain't.'

"Yes you need to be slightly curious and know what you like in order to spend five minutes to search for something not recommended, but if you are not willing to do that or if you are just not curious at all, how would nothing being on offer help you what so ever? Where information is locked away I am against it, where you just can not get it without considerable skills, but when we are talking about having just a bit of curiosity and five minutes to spend searching then really it is your choice if you want to mindlessly consume or not."
Jon said and shrugged.

[Steelhaven]

Nicole stubbed out the smoke, then headed to the Chief's office; knocking on the door on arrival, still carrying her rucksack.

There was no reply from the Chief's office, clearly the old Hermetic was out somewhere else right now.

(OOC: Welcome back Warp I hope you had a good time. Yes Colin should be on the same time as everyone else.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:The two of you saw Adley, Darrian and Nico with the dogs talking near the stairs, up on the second floor. Nico was taking Charlie and leaving after handing Adley what looked like a glass gun. Other than the three magi and the two dogs there where no one in the hallways right now.

Serge smiled and waved at Adley regardless of whether he noticed them or not and continued on his way, not wanting to bother his often busy hermetic cabalmate or delay the report.

Nicole wrote:The top layer - the one Nicole had put on it - contained an invoice/receipt from some discount sports site; a lot of objects with names which wouldn't mean anything to Serge, though did reveal she'd recently spent nearly $80 on a pair of XL sports bras, around $25 on "protein flavourings" and $65 on a pair of 20lb dumbbell plates. Interestingly, the "delivery address" wasn't for Steelhaven and the name wasn't hers.

Serge took a strange interest in the invoice after realizing what it was, particularly the fake name that Nicole used and the address that she had her things shipped too.

Anja wrote:There was no reply from the Chief's office, clearly the old Hermetic was out somewhere else right now.

"Well fuck...probably busy doing wizard stuff." Serge said with a sigh before turning to Nicole and saying, "Do you want to wait for him or try and find him? I'm fine with either."

(OOC: Welcome back Warp!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:24 am

[Steelhaven]

"Well fuck...probably busy doing wizard stuff." Serge said with a sigh before turning to Nicole and saying, "Do you want to wait for him or try and find him? I'm fine with either."

Well as Adley seamed to be sending the artificer who was better at making weapons than fighting and the puppy to safety and he was handling what looked like a glass gun and then going to the common room there was a chance something was going on and that the Chief where trying to stop whatever was going on, that would not be to much of a stretch of the imagination.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:45 am

[Steelhaven]

"Yes he will be fine, my friend can b quite useful in a fight...capturing is a priority but if not we deal with the being anyway, understood."
Darrian said as he joined you.

He nodded to him. "Alright, let's go before it manages to bust in."

Serge smiled and waved at Adley regardless of whether he noticed them or not and continued on his way, not wanting to bother his often busy hermetic cabalmate or delay the report.

He looked over as he saw movement and waved back, glad to see him. "Hey, you okay? Think you might be able to help us?" he called after him.

Jeffry where still working at holding back the familiar, he was in the common room. He was focusing on his task though and did not speak to you.
"Should we go out and try to get it or work at a distance?" Darrian asked.

"It was just outside the window,' he said, going to see if it was still there.

// ugh it is so warm out and it's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. This is unseasonable. It's 70F (21C) out at it's nearly midnight.
ooc2: I assume since the others saw it too, the parrot is not in the umbra it's physically outside?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 am

[Steelhaven]

He nodded to him. "Alright, let's go before it manages to bust in."

"Agreed."
Darrian said and he went with you to the common room.

"It was just outside the window,' he said, going to see if it was still there.

The parrot was still there, right across the street from the common room window, sitting on a street light, looking intently at the Chantry building, it was a very angry and determined critter and did not look like it intended to go anywhere just yet, not without it's bondsmate.

(OOC: It is not very hot here today it is pouring down.)
(OOC 2: Yes it is a familliar so it is physical and sitting there in the physical world.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Again, your argument rests on the point that you know exactly what you're looking for; like what it's actually called and shit. It can usually be found, but after a fair amount of digging. The harder you make it, the less people who'll find it. Simple as that. Then we have the situation where search results are all fucked up 'cos the search engine's gone deaf and is going under the "well I think you asked for this" when you didn't. And there's when the listings are wrong too...'

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

'Meh... this shit can keep for a little bit. Wanna grab something to eat first?' the large woman replied, scratching her neck for a moment.

[Was waiting for Serge to look at the page...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:16 pm

[Boston]

'Again, your argument rests on the point that you know exactly what you're looking for; like what it's actually called and shit. It can usually be found, but after a fair amount of digging. The harder you make it, the less people who'll find it. Simple as that. Then we have the situation where search results are all fucked up 'cos the search engine's gone deaf and is going under the "well I think you asked for this" when you didn't. And there's when the listings are wrong too...'

"I did not know exactly what I was looking for Nicole I simply searched for TV show science fiction, complete. If you want another genre input that instead, so no I did not know exactly what it was called I looked around a bit and found allot of series not recommended by Netflix just like that. And a fair amount of digging, it was like five minutes. Yes sure for most the recommendations are fine, they do not really care about expanding their horizons they want a few hours of entertainment after work, and you know that is perfectly fine as well. Sometimes yes you have the rephrase things in the search engine a few times but it really do not take allot of effort, if most would rather just consume, well really that is up to them."
Jon replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 pm

[Steelhaven]

Adley wrote:He looked over as he saw movement and waved back, glad to see him. "Hey, you okay? Think you might be able to help us?" he called after him.

"I'm fine. Everything went off with only minor hitch's." Serge said turning to his cabalmate. "Help? With what?" he asked glancing at the glass gun in Adley's hand.

Anja wrote:Well as Adley seamed to be sending the artificer who was better at making weapons than fighting and the puppy to safety and he was handling what looked like a glass gun and then going to the common room there was a chance something was going on and that the Chief where trying to stop whatever was going on, that would not be to much of a stretch of the imagination.
Nicole wrote:'Meh... this shit can keep for a little bit. Wanna grab something to eat first?' the large woman replied, scratching her neck for a moment.

"Not that hungry. Plus it looks like something interesting is happening." Serge said glancing in the direction Adley was in. "Kinda wanna see if I can help out."

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:14 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

A short silence, then a sigh. 'What you say sounds fine... but it don't stop the nagging thought you're seriously underestimating the problems...' ending with a shrug.

[Steelhaven]

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a little shrug to this. 'Well, let's go and see then. Also might know where the Chief is...'

[Missed Adley's post...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:23 pm

[Boston]

A short silence, then a sigh. 'What you say sounds fine... but it don't stop the nagging thought you're seriously underestimating the problems...' ending with a shrug.

"That will not be a problem as I do not have such a thought."
Jon replied.

[Steelhaven]

Nicole gave a little shrug to this. 'Well, let's go and see then. Also might know where the Chief is...'

If you follow Adley and Darrian into the common room you will find the Chief there busy casting some spell, the man was chanting in Latin while his hands formed complex gestures, a look of focus on his face, while his student and Master Haagen where casting concerned glanced out one of the windows along the far wall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:55 pm

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Most Avatars are protective of their hosts, other than some Primordial ones who wish to move on. I will never the less ask Miss Adlebloom what she want."
The old magus said and nodded.
"Yes cybernetics are a mystery for me."
Colin nodded, "I suppose even the old Primordial Avatars who are ready to move on still wish to protect their hosts, in the sense that they don't want their hosts to suffer needlessly. After all, there's a difference between death, whether in battle or peaceful in one's sleep, and ending up trapped in an unresponsive body..."

Anja wrote:"I did it for a man I was defending once, he was sentenced to a Branding and I kept his mind in a crystal while the Branding was done, preventing him from feeling it, that was scowled at though."
George said with a chuckle as he found a basket and filled it with warm cinnamon rolls and handed it to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright this should be enough both for you, for Kyle and his relative and to show a kindness to our prisoner...and you are right kindness often get us further than cruelty."
He grinned, "I am sure that was as appreciated by the poor convicted chap as it was frowned upon by those who did not want him to get any pain relief..."
He took a cinnamon roll and took a goodly bite along with the tea, "Hum, hadn't considered how well Darjeeling can go with cinnamon. Not at all bad. And I should probably find Narim and Adley, too, see if they want one."
He sighed, finishing the tea, "Well, I should move on... I'd like to think I can hand out the rolls quietly while we're waiting for Miss Bouchard's mission to return and the next mission to be lined up, but somehow I doubt we'll have that long a breather before the next crisis... At the very least, Narim is as safe as can be, I think, and we're on the trail of Wallace Jace's ghost... The damned man is a lot more persistent than most in making our day miserable."

((OOC: I noticed the lack of casualties at Nicole's mission, and I approve.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 pm

[George's Apartment]

Colin nodded, "I suppose even the old Primordial Avatars who are ready to move on still wish to protect their hosts, in the sense that they don't want their hosts to suffer needlessly. After all, there's a difference between death, whether in battle or peaceful in one's sleep, and ending up trapped in an unresponsive body..."

"That depend on the personality of the given Avatar and whatever or not it are able to understand human suffering. I have not known a Avatar to outright kill it's host, just as it will not abandon the host before death unless some contract have been broken but they can try to lead their hosts to death if they have learned what they desire from them."
George said and nodded.

He grinned, "I am sure that was as appreciated by the poor convicted chap as it was frowned upon by those who did not want him to get any pain relief..."
He took a cinnamon roll and took a goodly bite along with the tea, "Hum, hadn't considered how well Darjeeling can go with cinnamon. Not at all bad. And I should probably find Narim and Adley, too, see if they want one."

"The young man...well not so young now anymore I guess was appreciative yes, he still suffered quite a bit as his soul healed but he escaped the worst of it."
The old Guernicus said with a nod.
"Ah yes I find the flavors mix quite pleasantly, and yes please bring some to Narim and Adley I have made more than enough."
He added with a smile.
"And who knows if I will be able to cook for anyone once I leave."

He sighed, finishing the tea, "Well, I should move on... I'd like to think I can hand out the rolls quietly while we're waiting for Miss Bouchard's mission to return and the next mission to be lined up, but somehow I doubt we'll have that long a breather before the next crisis... At the very least, Narim is as safe as can be, I think, and we're on the trail of Wallace Jace's ghost... The damned man is a lot more persistent than most in making our day miserable."

"I suspect we will all be very tired before we can put our heads on the pillows, but we can hope Mr Wainweight."
Master Steelhaven said and he stood with a bit of a groan at his aging joints.
"I will walk you to the door then, and yes Wallace Jace have...an impressive ability to stay a probably, like a thorn stuck somewhere you just can't reach to pull it out, but we will get him eventually, of that I am sure."
The ancient mage said as he walked you to the door to his apartment.
"I will discuss what we have talked about with Miss Adlebloom, but right now I think she need some time with her friend to just enjoy life for a little bit."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:39 pm

[Steelhaven]

Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a little shrug to this. 'Well, let's go and see then. Also might know where the Chief is...'

"Onwards we go." Serge said walking in the same direction towards where he saw Adley and Darrien.

Anja wrote:If you follow Adley and Darrian into the common room you will find the Chief there busy casting some spell, the man was chanting in Latin while his hands formed complex gestures, a look of focus on his face, while his student and Master Haagen where casting concerned glanced out one of the windows along the far wall.

"Well something interesting is going on here." Serge said upon seeing the scene in the common room. He glanced up at where Master Haagan and Adley were looking at to see if he was able to see what they were concerned about.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:43 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

'Something is always going on...' Nicole replied, looking around to see if there was anybody not doing anything to which they can talk to.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:53 pm

[Steelhaven]

"I'm fine. Everything went off with only minor hitch's." Serge said turning to his cabalmate. "Help? With what?" he asked glancing at the glass gun in Adley's hand.

"Good," he said with a nod at the first part and glancing at Nicole as well. He seemed to be in a brusque manner intent on whatever threat was attacking them now. While he spoke he was looking over the new weapon to gain familiarity with it. "We have captured a Fallen and their powerful familiar is outside, in the form of a bird, trying to bust in. We could use some help coaxing it so we can capture it, so we don't have to use plan B," he nodded to the gun and glancing at him to see if his cabalmates would be able or wanting to assist or not.

"Trying to keep it from busting in through the ward, in the common room" he said, "which is where we're going," he said with a nod to Master Haagan and Mundi.

The parrot was still there, right across the street from the common room window, sitting on a street light, looking intently at the Chantry building, it was a very angry and determined critter and did not look like it intended to go anywhere just yet, not without it's bondsmate.

"Still there, can do line of sight and we can go try to get it," he said.

// lmao - I like to think our cabal has better standards than 'yay no one died' xD
If Nicole is in earshot of Adley he'll answer as above, not sure if they're down the hall

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:06 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Well something interesting is going on here." Serge said upon seeing the scene in the common room. He glanced up at where Master Haagan and Adley were looking at to see if he was able to see what they were concerned about.

Outside on the street light, looking intently at the Chantry was the same Kaka bird from before, there was nothing else out there of interest you could see.

'Something is always going on...' Nicole replied, looking around to see if there was anybody not doing anything to which they can talk to.

Darrian was not directly doing anything he was looking out though the window.
"I am glad you find this situation...interesting Mr Yager."
He said sharply then he glanced over at Nicole.

Good," he said with a nod at the first part and glancing at Nicole as well. He seemed to be in a brusque manner intent on whatever threat was attacking them now. While he spoke he was looking over the new weapon to gain familiarity with it.

The glass gun was as heavy as a regular gun if not a little heavier, it was fairly compact and felt like holding a regular gun but it was very smooth to hold.

"Trying to keep it from busting in through the ward, in the common room" he said, "which is where we're going," he said with a nod to Master Haagan and Mundi.

Darrian nodded at that.
"If someone try to distract it I can try to overpower it and knock it unconscious but we have to be careful, it have a physical body and birds are fragile."

"Still there, can do line of sight and we can go try to get it," he said.

"I think we have to go out and get it, I am not very good at working at a distance."
Darrian said and frowned.
"We might be able to distract it from attacking our Wards though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:11 pm

[Steelhaven]

Adley wrote:"Good," he said with a nod at the first part and glancing at Nicole as well. He seemed to be in a brusque manner intent on whatever threat was attacking them now. While he spoke he was looking over the new weapon to gain familiarity with it. "We have captured a Fallen and their powerful familiar is outside, in the form of a bird, trying to bust in. We could use some help coaxing it so we can capture it, so we don't have to use plan B," he nodded to the gun and glancing at him to see if his cabalmates would be able or wanting to assist or not.
Adley wrote:"Trying to keep it from busting in through the ward, in the common room" he said, "which is where we're going," he said with a nod to Master Haagan and Mundi.

"Bird? I think I saw a black bird when we came back to the chantry." Serge said thinking back. "But yeah I'll help if I can. Familiar loyalty is a pretty potent thing but I'll see what I can do though. Lead the way." he said following Adley to wherever they were going.

Anja wrote:The parrot was still there, right across the street from the common room window, sitting on a street light, looking intently at the Chantry building, it was a very angry and determined critter and did not look like it intended to go anywhere just yet, not without it's bondsmate.
Adley wrote:"Still there, can do line of sight and we can go try to get it," he said.
Anja wrote:Outside on the street light, looking intently at the Chantry was the same Kaka bird from before, there was nothing else out there of interest you could see.
Anja wrote:Darrian nodded at that.
"If someone try to distract it I can try to overpower it and knock it unconscious but we have to be careful, it have a physical body and birds are fragile."
Anja wrote:"I think we have to go out and get it, I am not very good at working at a distance."
Darrian said and frowned.
"We might be able to distract it from attacking our Wards though."

"Oh it's that bird." Serge said when he saw the same bird he noticed before. "I could probably distract from here. Make it see illusionary attackers force it to defend itself instead of attacking our wards."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:15 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Bird? I think I saw a black bird when we came back to the chantry." Serge said thinking back. "But yeah I'll help if I can. Familiar loyalty is a pretty potent thing but I'll see what I can do though."

"You do not need to break any loyalty, just distract it while I try to bind it, between a distraction and it fighting the Chief I might stand a chance to do just that."
Darrian replied.

Oh it's that bird." Serge said when he saw the same bird he noticed before. "I could probably distract from here. Make it see illusionary attackers force it to defend itself instead of attacking our wards."

"It is that bird indeed...yes that would be helpful Mr Yager."
Master Haagen said as he readied some vials from his pockets.
"Give me a moment to get out there and then see if you can draw it's attention for a moment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:20 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"You do not need to break any loyalty, just distract it while I try to bind it, between a distraction and it fighting the Chief I might stand a chance to do just that."
Darrian replied.
Anja wrote:"It is that bird indeed...yes that would be helpful Mr Yager."
Master Haagen said as he readied some vials from his pockets.
"Give me a moment to get out there and then see if you can draw it's attention for a moment."

"Do you need it to be in a specific place or should I just focus on trying to draw as much of it's attention away from you?" Serge asked, flipping the papers on the clipboard until he found the drawing of Frufru. He flipped that picture over to reveal the blank backside and began drawing something on it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 pm

[Steelhaven]

Adley's Post:

'Well, why not simply let it in, then? Get it into say the garage, make sure all the doors are shut, then use like a big net?' Nicole hazarded, giving a little frown.

Serge's Post:

'Bird? Didn't see no bird...'

[Well, the mission succeeded in it's goals and nobody neither died or got injured.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:38 pm

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"That depend on the personality of the given Avatar and whatever or not it are able to understand human suffering. I have not known a Avatar to outright kill it's host, just as it will not abandon the host before death unless some contract have been broken but they can try to lead their hosts to death if they have learned what they desire from them."
George said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "An Avatar ready to move on is one thing, but even those would not want their, hm, pet human to be stuck in, say, a coma or otherwise vegetative state..."

Anja wrote:"The young man...well not so young now anymore I guess was appreciative yes, he still suffered quite a bit as his soul healed but he escaped the worst of it."
The old Guernicus said with a nod.
"Ah yes I find the flavors mix quite pleasantly, and yes please bring some to Narim and Adley I have made more than enough."
He added with a smile.
"And who knows if I will be able to cook for anyone once I leave."
He chuckled, "Ah, yes, I can see it even now, 'Postulant Steelhaven, what do you bring to add to the Oracles?' 'Cinnamon rolls.' I'm sure it would be quite an unanticipated asset to bring along."

Anja wrote:"I suspect we will all be very tired before we can put our heads on the pillows, but we can hope Mr Wainweight."
Master Steelhaven said and he stood with a bit of a groan at his aging joints.
"I will walk you to the door then, and yes Wallace Jace have...an impressive ability to stay a probably, like a thorn stuck somewhere you just can't reach to pull it out, but we will get him eventually, of that I am sure."
The ancient mage said as he walked you to the door to his apartment.
"I will discuss what we have talked about with Miss Adlebloom, but right now I think she need some time with her friend to just enjoy life for a little bit."
He nodded as he chewed on the roll and picked up the basket, "Three years hence, he had succeeded in reincarnating, after stealing Narim's Avatar... This time around, we had advance warning of his involvement, and we just might have saved Narim, as well as having early notice of what we need to find him earlier... It appears the man has a stockpile of stolen Avatars that the Union extracted, as well as a trapped and confused Psychopomp - we'll have to rescue those, as well..."
He smiled thinly, "Dr. Hadermann recommended Freddy get her favourite meal today, and do all the things she wants to do before he has his team assembled for the operation... I think Fran will be good company for her for that while the rest of us are running around trying to save the world. We... have the easy task, after all."
He paused, "By the way, Freddy remembered something from the future, just before I came up here. She's never had much of a talent for Chronomancy, or so she says, and she accused me of being contagious, but it sounded a lot more like how you sense things in advance... I am inclined to believe that her getting rid of the Primium in her brain might help... unshackle her Avatar a bit more, and help her advance in hitherto unexplored areas of magic. Do you, perhaps, have any opinion or advice for her on that? It was a small thing, remembering a brooch I will make, which Anna will borrow for her wedding day, you know, 'something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue', but it was a bit unexpected..."

((OOC: Mission successful and no casualties or fatalities is a pretty good place to set the bar. Pity you were spotted, but you can hardly be blamed for the Union doing Union things... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next