Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 6 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Adley Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:51 pm

[Steelhaven]

'Well, why not simply let it in, then? Get it into say the garage, make sure all the doors are shut, then use like a big net?' Nicole hazarded, giving a little frown.

"It has a physical body, but it is also more than that and powerful. Right now it is demolishing the wards, but it is likely to have other ways to attack us if we just let it inside. Additionally, it will go right to the prisoner to help free him."

"Bird? I think I saw a black bird when we came back to the chantry." Serge said thinking back. "But yeah I'll help if I can. Familiar loyalty is a pretty potent thing but I'll see what I can do though. Lead the way." he said following Adley to wherever they were going.

"Great."

"Oh it's that bird." Serge said when he saw the same bird he noticed before. "I could probably distract from here. Make it see illusionary attackers force it to defend itself instead of attacking our wards."

"Good idea."

"I think we have to go out and get it, I am not very good at working at a distance."
Darrian said and frowned.
"We might be able to distract it from attacking our Wards though."
"It is that bird indeed...yes that would be helpful Mr Yager."
Master Haagen said as he readied some vials from his pockets.
"Give me a moment to get out there and then see if you can draw it's attention for a moment."

"Very well, let's go," he said, ready to go with them to back them up just in case things went awry. "I can try to use my ars so it cannot move and we can safely neutralize it."

//it's hotter than yesterday plus I can't open the windows - they're doing work outside and there's a generator going. At least my house is generally cooler : /

Adley

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 6 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 am

[George's Apartment]

Colin nodded, "An Avatar ready to move on is one thing, but even those would not want their, hm, pet human to be stuck in, say, a coma or otherwise vegetative state..."

"No I doubt they would want that indeed, the Avatar would learn little from that."
Master Steelhaven agreed with a nod.

He chuckled, "Ah, yes, I can see it even now, 'Postulant Steelhaven, what do you bring to add to the Oracles?' 'Cinnamon rolls.' I'm sure it would be quite an unanticipated asset to bring along."

George gave a delighted laugh at that.
"Yes perhaps that would be the way to get accepted as a Postulant, bribe the Oracles with food."
He said still chuckling.

He nodded as he chewed on the roll and picked up the basket, "Three years hence, he had succeeded in reincarnating, after stealing Narim's Avatar... This time around, we had advance warning of his involvement, and we just might have saved Narim, as well as having early notice of what we need to find him earlier... It appears the man has a stockpile of stolen Avatars that the Union extracted, as well as a trapped and confused Psychopomp - we'll have to rescue those, as well..."

"You think Jace have access to the Avatars stolen by the Computer?"
George asked.
"That would indicate he still have contacts in the Union if so."
He said and frowned.
"But yes they and this Psycopomp you mention will have to be rescued."

He smiled thinly, "Dr. Hadermann recommended Freddy get her favourite meal today, and do all the things she wants to do before he has his team assembled for the operation... I think Fran will be good company for her for that while the rest of us are running around trying to save the world. We... have the easy task, after all."

"That is probably a good idea yes both as comfort and in case something go...wrong."
Master Steelhaven agreed.
"And yes her best friend will be good company for Miss Adlebloom at this time indeed."

He paused, "By the way, Freddy remembered something from the future, just before I came up here. She's never had much of a talent for Chronomancy, or so she says, and she accused me of being contagious, but it sounded a lot more like how you sense things in advance... I am inclined to believe that her getting rid of the Primium in her brain might help... unshackle her Avatar a bit more, and help her advance in hitherto unexplored areas of magic. Do you, perhaps, have any opinion or advice for her on that? It was a small thing, remembering a brooch I will make, which Anna will borrow for her wedding day, you know, 'something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue', but it was a bit unexpected..."

"Hum...well it is a bit unusual since the way I know someone will come calling and Jeffry rising the temperature in a room with his emotions or Narim knowing where everyone in the Chantry are located, these things come with the Ars you are most used to. However, yes getting the Primium out of her will make it easier for Miss Adlebloom to work magick and magick can indeed be contagious in the same way that language are. Miss Adlebloom grew up speaking German, so as you get closer to her you will hear her speak it quite often, chances are you will pick up some German words. The same when she is around someone who often work with the Ars Temporis, if she have any talet for it, that might make it easier to understand that part of reality and develop her abilities along those lines."
George said and nodded.
"That she is developing her abilities are nothing to be concerned about."

[Steelhaven]

Do you need it to be in a specific place or should I just focus on trying to draw as much of it's attention away from you?" Serge asked, flipping the papers on the clipboard until he found the drawing of Frufru. He flipped that picture over to reveal the blank backside and began drawing something on it.

"Just drawing it's attention will be enough Mr Yager."
Darrian said and nodded.

Well, why not simply let it in, then? Get it into say the garage, make sure all the doors are shut, then use like a big net?' Nicole hazarded, giving a little frown.

"If it is let in then it can work it's charms inside of the Chantry which would not be a good thing since the thing is clearly hostile, we need to get it under control and bound first."
The alchemist replied.

'Bird? Didn't see no bird...'

Darrian pointed at the large black parrot sitting on a street light right outside of the Chantry looking in.

"It has a physical body, but it is also more than that and powerful. Right now it is demolishing the wards, but it is likely to have other ways to attack us if we just let it inside. Additionally, it will go right to the prisoner to help free him."

"Indeed it want it's bondsmate, and if it is let inside the walls it is free to use it's powers here and while we might be able to contain it after a while it can do some damage before that happens."
Darrian said and frowned.

"Very well, let's go," he said, ready to go with them to back them up just in case things went awry. "I can try to use my ars so it cannot move and we can safely neutralize it."

"Good Sodalis let us move when Mr Yager have distracted it, if you try to keep it from moving I can get my binding motion onto it, a drop will be enough and that should contain it...at least for a while until Master Morgan can get outside and put a stronger binding on it."
Darrian said and he headed outside, the slight limp he had always had more clear when he was just about running. Mundi joined his master hurrying to get outside to deal with the Kaka bird before it could get though the wards.

(OOC: I hate it when it get to hot outside.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:13 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Just drawing it's attention will be enough Mr Yager."
Darrian said and nodded.

"Perfect. Makes my job easier. Let's see how this bird likes gunshots and gangsters." Serge said with a smile, a clear image forming in his mind ready to be transcribed onto paper.

On the sheet of paper, Serge drew four shady gun-wielding men in matching clothing, each in their own corner of the page. The four individuals were firing their weapons at the kaka bird which was drawn at the centre of the page. The placement of the characters was deliberate, with the bird being surrounded by attackers on all sides ensuring that it couldn't simply run away from the threats and was forced to react to attacks coming from all directions.

(OOC: I'll wait for Strife before making the arete roll. Can I make an ability roll to reduce the difficulty of the arete roll in the meantime or is there not enough time in game to do that?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 am

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:George gave a delighted laugh at that.
"Yes perhaps that would be the way to get accepted as a Postulant, bribe the Oracles with food."
He said still chuckling.
Colin grinned, "A bribe as old as mankind, or even older than that, you never know when it might work."

Anja wrote:"You think Jace have access to the Avatars stolen by the Computer?"
George asked.
"That would indicate he still have contacts in the Union if so."
He said and frowned.
"But yes they and this Psycopomp you mention will have to be rescued."
He nodded, "Perhaps not all of them, but a stockpile thereof... and he had Freddy's brain tissues, which he used as the base for the plague; he could not have acquired those without someone on the inside. It is possible his... liaison was Eric Dahl, but it's probably not that simple."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well it is a bit unusual since the way I know someone will come calling and Jeffry rising the temperature in a room with his emotions or Narim knowing where everyone in the Chantry are located, these things come with the Ars you are most used to. However, yes getting the Primium out of her will make it easier for Miss Adlebloom to work magick and magick can indeed be contagious in the same way that language are. Miss Adlebloom grew up speaking German, so as you get closer to her you will hear her speak it quite often, chances are you will pick up some German words. The same when she is around someone who often work with the Ars Temporis, if she have any talet for it, that might make it easier to understand that part of reality and develop her abilities along those lines."
George said and nodded.
"That she is developing her abilities are nothing to be concerned about."
He nodded, "She is probably right on the cusp of figuring out how to see the past and future, then... and I've picked up a few German words already, though I do not believe most of them belong in anything resembling polite conversation."

He smiled, "Well, Sir, I'll bring your delicacies around, and I'll see you later. We're still on for dinner, I hope?"
He gave a small bow, turned, and strode off to start handing out the cinnamon rolls, starting off with Kyle's and Narim's apartments, whichever he reached first.

((OOC: Ugh, hot days are the worst. On cold days, one can at least put on a sweater, but one can't very well strip down at work when it's too hot. (Unless you work in a very particular kind of business.) I envy the places with walk-in coolers and freezers... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:22 am

[George's Apartment]

Colin grinned, "A bribe as old as mankind, or even older than that, you never know when it might work."

"Somehow I imagine those close to Asencion being less likely to be swayed by a bribe then again, allmost everyone enjoy good food."
George said still sounding amused.

He nodded, "Perhaps not all of them, but a stockpile thereof... and he had Freddy's brain tissues, which he used as the base for the plague; he could not have acquired those without someone on the inside. It is possible his... liaison was Eric Dahl, but it's probably not that simple."

"Hum we need to figure this out, if Dahl is Jace's contact with the Union then at least we will have cut of that contact but if he is not then we will need to know."
The old magus said and frowned.
"I assume you will be talking with Mr Dahl Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded, "She is probably right on the cusp of figuring out how to see the past and future, then... and I've picked up a few German words already, though I do not believe most of them belong in anything resembling polite conversation."

"Ah yes...I fear young Kyle will end up learning the same words in Greek. But yes I suspect it is as simple as that though that Miss Adlebloom is right on the cusp of new understanding so it manifests a bit unpredictably."
George said and nodded.
"It should be nothing to worry about it is quite normal."

He smiled, "Well, Sir, I'll bring your delicacies around, and I'll see you later. We're still on for dinner, I hope?"

"Excellent and yes that we are Mr Wainwright I look forward to it."
The old Hermetic said and smiled.

He gave a small bow, turned, and strode off to start handing out the cinnamon rolls, starting off with Kyle's and Narim's apartments, whichever he reached first.

That would be Narim's room. The Virtual Adept opened the door when you knocked on it.
"Ah good day Mr Wainwright."
He said and indicated you should come in. You saw that Adjan was there and Jon as well, though the other Adept looked like he was about to leave and there was a very nice mac computer and two phones on the table.
"Hi Colin."
Your Cabalmate said and waved.
"We are back from vampire hunting."
He informed you.
"We got them all, the vampire, her slave and the cat, and no one died."

[Steelhaven]

"Perfect. Makes my job easier. Let's see how this bird likes gunshots and gangsters." Serge said with a smile, a clear image forming in his mind ready to be transcribed onto paper.

On the sheet of paper, Serge drew four shady gun-wielding men in matching clothing, each in their own corner of the page. The four individuals were firing their weapons at the kaka bird which was drawn at the centre of the page. The placement of the characters was deliberate, with the bird being surrounded by attackers on all sides ensuring that it couldn't simply run away from the threats and was forced to react to attacks coming from all directions.

"Very well thank you Mr Yager, if you can have your effect take place right as me and Mr Roth Hicks get outside that would be perfect."
Darrian said and nodded.

(OOC: I do not like heat. I think I am half Sebacian from Farscape. Razz)

(OOC 2: My auto correct wanted to have Colin gnaw on Narim's door instead on knocking on it, which would have been a bit odd behavior. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:41 am

[Steelhaven]

Adley's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Oh... thought that was like a big crow or something.'

Anja's Post:

'Well, I seem to be useless here...' the large woman replied, giving a shrug.

[They weren't actually spotted in the flesh by the Union. They might have pulled up camera footage before Jon could wipe it, though.]

[I'm going to be offline for most of today. So feel free to ditch Nick. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:57 am

[Steelhaven]

'Oh... thought that was like a big crow or something.'

"No it is a parrot, they are fairly rare and are kept as pets sometimes by those who can afford them...they are kind of cute, when they are not trying to break into the Chantry."
Darrian commented.

"I will call you for a rapport on the mission as soon as I have dealt with this."
Jeffry said and then he went right back to spellcasting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:09 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Thought parrots were like yellow or orange or something...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, then left the room; heading back upstairs, to her apartment...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 am

[Steelhaven]

Thought parrots were like yellow or orange or something...'

"They come in a multitude of different colors, most when they think of kaka bird think of the white ones with yellow or pink feathers they can rise up on their heads as they are the ones most popular as pets."
Darrian said.
"But the guy out there is also a parrot and a kaka bird at that just a different sort."

Nicole nodded to this, then left the room; heading back upstairs, to her apartment...

You saw Colin heading into Narim's room on your way to your apartment but other than that there where no one else in the hallways right now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:22 am

[George's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Somehow I imagine those close to Asencion being less likely to be swayed by a bribe then again, allmost everyone enjoy good food."
George said still sounding amused.
Colin grinned, "True - then again, if our Oracles are anything like the Aswadim, I'd say they'd be still prone to appreciate certain aspects of life on Earth, even if they are no longer allowed to act within Reality. Someone with a new collection of recipes could well be appreciated for that, as well as their worthiness to join."

Anja wrote:"Hum we need to figure this out, if Dahl is Jace's contact with the Union then at least we will have cut of that contact but if he is not then we will need to know."
The old magus said and frowned.
"I assume you will be talking with Mr Dahl Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded, "Initially, yes, I expect I shall. If that does not provide anything of value, I may have to hand him over to Lady Crexia. And I honestly doubt Jace has just a single point of contact in any case - and some of his sources likely don't know about the others."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes...I fear young Kyle will end up learning the same words in Greek. But yes I suspect it is as simple as that though that Miss Adlebloom is right on the cusp of new understanding so it manifests a bit unpredictably."
George said and nodded.
"It should be nothing to worry about it is quite normal."
He nodded, "Pretty much what I expected - and yes, I'm sure Kyle will learn some colourful phrases before he masters the language. Well, Greek or Koptic, I guess, depending on the trouble at hand..."

[Rolls through the Chantry]
Anja wrote:That would be Narim's room. The Virtual Adept opened the door when you knocked on it.
"Ah good day Mr Wainwright."
He said and indicated you should come in. You saw that Adjan was there and Jon as well, though the other Adept looked like he was about to leave and there was a very nice mac computer and two phones on the table.
"Hi Colin."
Your Cabalmate said and waved.
"We are back from vampire hunting."
He informed you.
"We got them all, the vampire, her slave and the cat, and no one died."
He smiled and held up the basket, "Hello again, Sir. Master Steelhaven sent me to deliver a few cinnamon rolls, freshly baked. Is Adley still here?"
He nodded to the others, "Hello, Adjan, er, um... ah... damn... Jon. Good work. Any troubles on the mission? How did Miss Bouchard handle command?"
He held up the basket, "Ah, and a cinnamon roll? The good Deacon Primus sent enough to spare."

((OOC: I think a lot of Norwegians have some Sebacian DNA... and yes, Colin gnawing on Narim's door would have been grossly out of character.))

((OOC2: The team MIGHT have been spotted in the flesh - depending on how much the driver of the pursuing vehicle saw of you all before you left. But odds are not enough to positively ID everyone, I think.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:47 am

[George's Room]

Colin grinned, "True - then again, if our Oracles are anything like the Aswadim, I'd say they'd be still prone to appreciate certain aspects of life on Earth, even if they are no longer allowed to act within Reality. Someone with a new collection of recipes could well be appreciated for that, as well as their worthiness to join."

"Well I have not heard to that strategy for being accepted as a Postulant...if the Oracles want baked goods I will be happy to feed them."
The ancient Hermetic said with a grin.

He nodded, "Initially, yes, I expect I shall. If that does not provide anything of value, I may have to hand him over to Lady Crexia. And I honestly doubt Jace has just a single point of contact in any case - and some of his sources likely don't know about the others."

"Ah yes well if anyone can get information out of the man lady Crexia can."
George said with a frown.
"No you are probably right Mr Wainwright a man like Mr Jace are not likely to put all his eggs in one basket as it where."

He nodded, "Pretty much what I expected - and yes, I'm sure Kyle will learn some colourful phrases before he masters the language. Well, Greek or Koptic, I guess, depending on the trouble at hand..."

"Well Jeffry like to have some choices as to what language to use foul words from."
George said with a chuckle.
"And I noticed his apprentices up through the ages have done the same, i suspect the newest one in the line will be any different, the least foul mouthed of the lot are probably your Cabalmate."

He smiled and held up the basket, "Hello again, Sir. Master Steelhaven sent me to deliver a few cinnamon rolls, freshly baked. Is Adley still here?"

"No he went to handle some things. He asked me to help keep Master Sharaya safe in the meantime."
Adjan said and Narim nodded he accepted a cinnamon roll the same did the Euthanatos.
"He should be back soon, should I tell him you are looking for him Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded to the others, "Hello, Adjan, er, um... ah... damn... Jon. Good work. Any troubles on the mission? How did Miss Bouchard handle command?"
He held up the basket, "Ah, and a cinnamon roll? The good Deacon Primus sent enough to spare."

Adjan gave you a polite nod. Jon accepted a roll and took a bite of it.
"Yeah...she did pretty well, got us in and out safely when the Union showed up, they did not see us and I deleted the camera images so hopefully we got out clean, they clearly know about the vampires though so the others we need to pick up should be picked up pretty soon."
The Virtual Adept said as he chewed.
"So yeah Nicole did fine, well she argued with the others, and with me allot though, let us just say I am on the left politically while she is very very very very Communist so she can be a bit hard to deal with at times but other than that fine."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'I don't. Barely know what a parrot even looks like... isn't them the birds with those really big beaks?' ending with a puzzled frown.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to Colin, but as he looked busy didn't say anything. Simply let herself into her apartment...

[Poor Nick - she'd have made a good Commissar a century ago... ]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 pm

[Steelhaven]

"I believe you are referring to a toucan Miss Bouchard, they are black and colorful with huge beaks. Parrots have smaller beaks that are fairly flat on their faces. Kaka birds are of the second super family of parrots Cockatoos, or rather kaka bird is the nickname for Cockatoos, they are not true parrots but are considered to be in the same family."
Darrian said entering lecture mode.
"They are beautiful animals really."

You got to your apartment, everything was the way you had left it.

(OOC: That she would.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:47 pm

[George's Room]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes well if anyone can get information out of the man lady Crexia can."
George said with a frown.
"No you are probably right Mr Wainwright a man like Mr Jace are not likely to put all his eggs in one basket as it where."
Colin nodded, "The mere fact that he had umpteen contingency defenses to avoid getting captured in the first place, and then apparently had a plan in place to ensure he would become a ghost and build a replacement body to inhabit, complete with a stolen Avatar... He's a man of many backup plans, alright; there's no way he would allow a single point of failure scenario."

Anja wrote:"Well Jeffry like to have some choices as to what language to use foul words from."
George said with a chuckle.
"And I noticed his apprentices up through the ages have done the same, i suspect the newest one in the line will be any different, the least foul mouthed of the lot are probably your Cabalmate."
He grimaced slightly, "Yes, well, the youngest apprentice does have one quite particular language in which to swear. Let us hope he doesn't rely too much on that one, for the sake of everyone's ears..."

Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a nod to Colin, but as he looked busy didn't say anything. Simply let herself into her apartment...
He looked up at the motion in his peripheral vision, then nodded back, "I'd like a word with you in a few moments, alright?"

Anja wrote:"No he went to handle some things. He asked me to help keep Master Sharaya safe in the meantime."
Adjan said and Narim nodded he accepted a cinnamon roll the same did the Euthanatos.
"He should be back soon, should I tell him you are looking for him Mr Wainwright?"
He shook his head, "I'm sure it will be fine if I just look around for him - he's probably quite busy as it is, and will be upset if I drag him away from work to nag at him to get a bite to eat, however delicious."

Anja wrote:Adjan gave you a polite nod. Jon accepted a roll and took a bite of it.
"Yeah...she did pretty well, got us in and out safely when the Union showed up, they did not see us and I deleted the camera images so hopefully we got out clean, they clearly know about the vampires though so the others we need to pick up should be picked up pretty soon."
The Virtual Adept said as he chewed.
"So yeah Nicole did fine, well she argued with the others, and with me allot though, let us just say I am on the left politically while she is very very very very Communist so she can be a bit hard to deal with at times but other than that fine."
He frowned, "We'll have to interrogate the captives quickly, then, to find the location of Francis Milliner before the Union can get to him. And yes, being a European Centrist myself, I find myself slightly to the left of the American left, but Nicole would have been able to make a meteoric career in the pre-Stalin Soviet Union. But, if one can gently ease the conversations away from politics, I think she could have decent potential for leadership. She'll need a bit more training in, hm, people skills, I suppose, but that's merely that - a matter of training."
He shook his head, "Well, I saw her head to her own apartment, so I'll swing by for her report on my way down the stairs. Gentlemen, I'll see you all later."

He gave them all a nod, and headed onward to the next door.

((OOC: A century ago? She'd have made a good Commissar a mere thirty years ago, though the state of the Union might have been what she would consider in dire need of repairs and restoration to get back to the way it was supposed to be. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 pm

[George's Room]

Colin nodded, "The mere fact that he had umpteen contingency defenses to avoid getting captured in the first place, and then apparently had a plan in place to ensure he would become a ghost and build a replacement body to inhabit, complete with a stolen Avatar... He's a man of many backup plans, alright; there's no way he would allow a single point of failure scenario."

"The man is remarkably resourceful and have an impressive ability to think ahead, I will give him that. I agree though he would not have a single point of failure scenario, he have more than one person working for him, knowingly or not."
George agreed with a nod.

He grimaced slightly, "Yes, well, the youngest apprentice does have one quite particular language in which to swear. Let us hope he doesn't rely too much on that one, for the sake of everyone's ears..."

"Yes...that would be a quite foul language to curse in, let us hope he choose Enochian instead, a language where you can promise the most horrid retribution on your enemies while still sounding like angels are singing."
The ancient Hermetic said with a but of a chuckle.

He shook his head, "I'm sure it will be fine if I just look around for him - he's probably quite busy as it is, and will be upset if I drag him away from work to nag at him to get a bite to eat, however delicious."

"He might but he really should eat more."
Narim said and frowned.
"I can save a roll or two for him here if you wish Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept offered.

He frowned, "We'll have to interrogate the captives quickly, then, to find the location of Francis Milliner before the Union can get to him.

"Agreed, well the slave is drugged but I am sure Richard can give her something to wake her up, how much she knows though are the question and we can always try to wake up the vampire. Serge sent her to sleep after she woke up when Nicole staked her, probably the merciful thing to do."
Jon said and frowned.
"Well I would not know the first thing about how to interrogate someone though, do as I say or I take your wifi away is about the extent of it with me."

And yes, being a European Centrist myself, I find myself slightly to the left of the American left, but Nicole would have been able to make a meteoric career in the pre-Stalin Soviet Union. But, if one can gently ease the conversations away from politics, I think she could have decent potential for leadership. She'll need a bit more training in, hm, people skills, I suppose, but that's merely that - a matter of training."

"Yeah the problem is everything is politics with her, we had a discussion on whatever or not Netflix are the enemy for offering suggestions...but no sweat I am pretty used to it there are ALLOT of Adepts with those kind of political views so the message boards are just full of it."
Jon said and shrugged.
"But with Miss Mar...let us just say she and Nicole do not go well together, and that is not all Nicole's fault, Miss Mar have never really had to deal with the world you know, the sleeper world, so while well meaning she do not get some of the realities but at the same time Nicole do see the enemy under every bush."

He shook his head, "Well, I saw her head to her own apartment, so I'll swing by for her report on my way down the stairs. Gentlemen, I'll see you all later."

"Have a nice day Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said and he waved with his roll.
"And thank you."
Narim nodded.
"Yes have a good day Mr Wainwright."
He said as he went to make some more tea. Jon nodded and waved.
"See you."

He gave them all a nod, and headed onward to the next door.

The next door on your planned cinnamon roll tour would be Nicole's room, Kyle's room was further down the hall.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm

[George's Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes...that would be a quite foul language to curse in, let us hope he choose Enochian instead, a language where you can promise the most horrid retribution on your enemies while still sounding like angels are singing."
The ancient Hermetic said with a but of a chuckle.
Colin smirked, "On that note, perhaps I should ask Kyle to translate some high praise for a certain local colleague of yours..."

Anja wrote:"He might but he really should eat more."
Narim said and frowned.
"I can save a roll or two for him here if you wish Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept offered.
He nodded and went over to Narim's kitchen corner to find a plate, and laid a roll on it, "Sounds like a plan - you might find it easier to persuade him to eat than I could."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, well the slave is drugged but I am sure Richard can give her something to wake her up, how much she knows though are the question and we can always try to wake up the vampire. Serge sent her to sleep after she woke up when Nicole staked her, probably the merciful thing to do."
Jon said and frowned.
"Well I would not know the first thing about how to interrogate someone though, do as I say or I take your wifi away is about the extent of it with me."
He smirked, "You do realize that if you try to mess with my wi-fi, I have the merciful option of going to a Deacon, or the not-so-merciful option of going to my girlfriend, right? Weigh your threats carefully."

Anja wrote:"Yeah the problem is everything is politics with her, we had a discussion on whatever or not Netflix are the enemy for offering suggestions...but no sweat I am pretty used to it there are ALLOT of Adepts with those kind of political views so the message boards are just full of it."
Jon said and shrugged.
"But with Miss Mar...let us just say she and Nicole do not go well together, and that is not all Nicole's fault, Miss Mar have never really had to deal with the world you know, the sleeper world, so while well meaning she do not get some of the realities but at the same time Nicole do see the enemy under every bush."
He nodded, "I am not surprised, Miss Mar has had... advantages Nicole has not, and there's perhaps a little envy in the background there, but probably mostly a sense of offense at the inequality of opportunity."

Anja wrote:"Have a nice day Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said and he waved with his roll.
"And thank you."
Narim nodded.
"Yes have a good day Mr Wainwright."
He said as he went to make some more tea. Jon nodded and waved.
"See you."
He smiled, "Thank Master Steelhaven for the rolls, not me - he baked them fresh today."

He gently knocked on Nicole's door, waiting a few moments for a response.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:39 pm

[George's Room]

Colin smirked, "On that note, perhaps I should ask Kyle to translate some high praise for a certain local colleague of yours..."

George raised an eyebrow at that.
"I hope it is Enochian you want such praise translated into and not the Dragon's Tongue Mr Wainwright."
He replied wryly.

He nodded and went over to Narim's kitchen corner to find a plate, and laid a roll on it, "Sounds like a plan - you might find it easier to persuade him to eat than I could."

"I might at that, and these are delicious so hopefully Adley will not be to hard to convince."
Narim said with a smile as you put a roll on a green glazed plate.

He smirked, "You do realize that if you try to mess with my wi-fi, I have the merciful option of going to a Deacon, or the not-so-merciful option of going to my girlfriend, right? Weigh your threats carefully."

"Oh I would not dare piss Freddy off...I am just saying I would not know how to make someone talk."
Jon said with a slight frown.

He nodded, "I am not surprised, Miss Mar has had... advantages Nicole has not, and there's perhaps a little envy in the background there, but probably mostly a sense of offense at the inequality of opportunity."

"Yeah Miss Mar have been lucky, she have had the Chief for a Mentor and every opportunity in life and Nicole have not and that is unfair, but it is also not Miss Mar's fault, I do not think we are ever going to get a world that is 100 percent fair, we would have to give up far to much freedom to make that happen so all we can hope for is to make it fairer."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.

He smiled, "Thank Master Steelhaven for the rolls, not me - he baked them fresh today."

"I will remember to do so when next I see him."
Adjan said with a slightly sad look in his eyes since no one knew if the next time they saw George would be the last time they saw him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Very well thank you Mr Yager, if you can have your effect take place right as me and Mr Roth Hicks get outside that would be perfect."
Darrian said and nodded.

"Sure thing." Serge said with a nod making several adjustments to the picture as he waited for the two mages to get into position.

(OOC: Should I make the arete roll now or would it be better if I wait for Strife's post?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm

[Steelhaven]

At least the beautiful, black bird was a interesting subject to draw and it really looked like it would make a good pet for a villain, a raven would be better but then again sometimes one had to do a variation on the theme not to wear it out.

(OOC: Just make the roll and we can wait to see what Strife do before determining what happens what the familiar do and such.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:At least the beautiful, black bird was a interesting subject to draw and it really looked like it would make a good pet for a villain, a raven would be better but then again sometimes one had to do a variation on the theme not to wear it out.

"Ahhh yes you clearly evil bird. Prepare to face the wrath of my dangerous gang. Ted, Fred, Kled, and Little Jimmy." Serge said pointing to and naming each of the men as he imagined them on the scene.

4 men. Reckless, wild, attention-grabbing and with guns blazing appearing on all sides of the bird. He could hear it clearly in his head, the gunshots, loud enough to deafen anyone nearby, firing on all four sides of him. The slight breeze felt from a bullet narrowly missing you. Bullets going so fast that the only way to notice them was to see the impact they left in the walls nearby.

He waited until Adley and Darrien were outside before he focused on the image in his mind and used the picture to help bring it into reality, forcing the bird to see the imaginary scene that he created and make it think it was real.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to distract and draw away the birds attention.  Affecting primarily his sense of sight and hearing. Making the bird see a mental illusion of 4 dangerous looking men on all sides of it firing guns at him while also making him hear the very loud gunshots and the bullets speeding by him on all sides.

Arete Roll: 4, 10, 2, 5 - 8, 1, 2, 9 - 4, 2, 6, 10 - 4, 3, 7, 2 - 7, 2, 4, 7 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 pm

[George's Room]
Anja wrote:George raised an eyebrow at that.
"I hope it is Enochian you want such praise translated into and not the Dragon's Tongue Mr Wainwright."
He replied wryly.
Colin shrugged, "Oh, I'm sure said colleague - without naming names - would be able to get it translated, either way..."

Anja wrote:"Oh I would not dare piss Freddy off...I am just saying I would not know how to make someone talk."
Jon said with a slight frown.
He nodded, "Well, you'd be more likely tasked with recording the interrogation, in any case."

Anja wrote:"Yeah Miss Mar have been lucky, she have had the Chief for a Mentor and every opportunity in life and Nicole have not and that is unfair, but it is also not Miss Mar's fault, I do not think we are ever going to get a world that is 100 percent fair, we would have to give up far to much freedom to make that happen so all we can hope for is to make it fairer."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.
He nodded, "We do what we can... not always much, but we can at least try to make the world a better place. A solid foundation for everyone to have a fair chance to excel, and a safety net for those unable to is probably the best we can hope for."

Anja wrote:"I will remember to do so when next I see him."
Adjan said with a slightly sad look in his eyes since no one knew if the next time they saw George would be the last time they saw him.
He nodded, "I certainly hope he'll stick around long enough for us to throw him a farewell party... When the time comes for him, he may not have much time to make his goodbyes..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Good Sodalis let us move when Mr Yager have distracted it, if you try to keep it from moving I can get my binding motion onto it, a drop will be enough and that should contain it...at least for a while until Master Morgan can get outside and put a stronger binding on it."
Darrian said and he headed outside, the slight limp he had always had more clear when he was just about running. Mundi joined his master hurrying to get outside to deal with the Kaka bird before it could get though the wards.
"Very well thank you Mr Yager, if you can have your effect take place right as me and Mr Roth Hicks get outside that would be perfect."
Darrian said and nodded.

He nodded. "From his perch it might be hard to use ars to keep it still, if we can get it near the ground that might be easier," he suggested. He made sure the gun was loaded in case all else failed as he spoke and then followed Darrian out. He looked back towards Serge and gave him a nod. "Thank you." He gave Nicole an odd look as he saw her leave them there, and then shook his head. "Hey, keep an eye as you go around, will you? This might be some kind of distraction." Then he hurried to join the elder mage outside.

// today is supposed to be less than 95F so that's something? What gets me is that at work, they normally blast the AC when it's freezing, so ofc when it's hot they don't even turn it on. It's controlled remotely from another state >. >

ooc2: Basically Adley is moving while Serge is casting : ) then he and Darrian go next

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 pm

[Angry Bird.]

He nodded. "From his perch it might be hard to use ars to keep it still, if we can get it near the ground that might be easier," he suggested. He made sure the gun was loaded in case all else failed as he spoke and then followed Darrian out. He looked back towards Serge and gave him a nod. "Thank you." He gave Nicole an odd look as he saw her leave them there, and then shook his head. "Hey, keep an eye as you go around, will you? This might be some kind of distraction." Then he hurried to join the elder mage outside.

"Ahhh yes you clearly evil bird. Prepare to face the wrath of my dangerous gang. Ted, Fred, Kled, and Little Jimmy." Serge said pointing to and naming each of the men as he imagined them on the scene.

The parrot got a really worried look in it's eyes, birds had beaks and lacked allot of the facial cues mammals had but damn if that bird did not look scared as she started hearing wild gunfire around her, she flapped her wings a few times but did not just panic as a normal parrot would, instead it closed it's eyes sadly...and then there was the sound of an explosion from the Chantry basement, the entire building shook, plates and decorative items fell out of shelves and several windows must have broken as glass fell down into the street. like little, sharp bits of rain.
"Fuck!"
Darrian exclaimed, it was not often the Solificato swore. Mundi barked loudly a few times. Wore than the shaking and the sound of an explosion though where the feeling of Paradox, the sickly sensation of reality taking it's toll for the offense of willworking. Only someone getting an absolutely massive backlash could have caused this sensation, a worse backlash than you had ever seen...enough perhaps to rip apart the body of the offending mage in a explosion of forces and payment to the Scourge far to long due.

"Damn...I should have considered that...this is all my fault I should have considered that!"
Darrian said as he rushed the parrot who was still sitting there with it's eyes closed.
"We still need to get the bird."
The Master of the Art said as he uncorked his potion and got ready to throw the contents.

[George's Room]

Colin shrugged, "Oh, I'm sure said colleague - without naming names - would be able to get it translated, either way..."

"Well now, that is quite interesting."
George said and he raised an eyebrow.
"But I will not ask to much about it.

He nodded, "Well, you'd be more likely tasked with recording the interrogation, in any case."

"That I can do."
Jon said and nodded.
"Talking someone into giving up what they know...not so much that is more your department Colin."

He nodded, "We do what we can... not always much, but we can at least try to make the world a better place. A solid foundation for everyone to have a fair chance to excel, and a safety net for those unable to is probably the best we can hope for."

"Agreed."
The Virtual Adept said with a nod.

He nodded, "I certainly hope he'll stick around long enough for us to throw him a farewell party... When the time comes for him, he may not have much time to make his goodbyes..."

"I hope he will yes."
Adjan said.
"And I hope he find what he is looking for when he leaves."
The Euthanatos said. Narim suddenly got a puzzled expression on his face.
"That is curious...Adley and Master Haagen are outside the Chantry...hum...we must be getting visitors."
The Virtual Adept muttered to himself.

About that time, the building shook, violently, one of Narim's windows shattered and several DVDs in his shelves fell to the floor, the plates in the cabinets rattled and the empty tea cup he had set on the counter fell off and shattered on the floor, one of the phones on the table also fell to the floor.
"What on earth!"
Narim exclaimed!
"Fuck...what the fuck!"
Adjan said and he shot up of the chair despite his bad leg.
"Did something blow up?"
Jon asked and he grabbed his phone and started typing with a worried frown.
"Mr Dahl...are no longer in the Chantry..."
Narim said softly.
"The prisoner is just...gone."
And then you two felt the sickly, stagnating residue of a massive Paradox backlash.
"Well shit..."
Adjan muttered.
"Shit!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 pm

[Steelhaven grounds]

Adley was nearly knocked off his feet as the explosion hit them and his eyes widened. There were people watching the prisoner and they could be hurt, even dead. Then the paradox-feeling washed over him and he realised what had had happened. It took a second for it to click then he swore profusely as he got his footing. Fuck fuckity fuck fuck...damn Nephandi prisoners and their inability to go quietly into that good night. He heard Darrian's consternation. He hadn't thought of it either, how could any of them have expected that? The bird looked dead or KO'd at least and he nodded to Darrian as he proceeded to try to assist him. "Very well, then we need to see if we can see who is inured, perhaps evacuate the building if the damage is bad," he suggested, forcing his mind (and hopefully Darrian's) to think of 'what to do now' instead of 'what should have I done.' Mundi would be help finding anyone in the rubble if things were that bad. Then they'd need a cover story for when the firetrucks got there, and to hide the secret areas...it was as if his mind just shut off all his worries and everything became crystal clear and he could focus.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:13 pm

[Steelhaven grounds]

Adley was nearly knocked off his feet as the explosion hit them and his eyes widened. There were people watching the prisoner and they could be hurt, even dead. Then the paradox-feeling washed over him and he realised what had had happened. It took a second for it to click then he swore profusely as he got his footing. Fuck fuckity fuck fuck...damn Nephandi prisoners and their inability to go quietly into that good night. He heard Darrian's consternation. He hadn't thought of it either, how could any of them have expected that? The bird looked dead or KO'd at least and he nodded to Darrian as he proceeded to try to assist him. "Very well, then we need to see if we can see who is inured, perhaps evacuate the building if the damage is bad," he suggested,

The familiar might be knocked out for it sat still with it's eyes closed but it was definitely not dead.
"Yes...off course...ehm if there are structural damage i can...do something about that...get the bird then go through the Chantry and check on the walls."
Darrian said but he still looked rather shocked.
"Shit I should have thought about it I HAVE a familiar, I know they store Paradox for their bondsmate and that they have the ability to give it back, in whole or in parts at will, Mundi could probably kill me to if he wanted."
The alchemist said and frowned.
"The parrot must have wanted to make sure it saved it's Master from...well you know...I should have...thought of that...why did I not think of that?"

forcing his mind (and hopefully Darrian's) to think of 'what to do now' instead of 'what should have I done.' Mundi would be help finding anyone in the rubble if things were that bad. Then they'd need a cover story for when the firetrucks got there, and to hide the secret areas...it was as if his mind just shut off all his worries and everything became crystal clear and he could focus.

Mundi decided that the original task still needed doing, distract the parrot so he jumped and barked at the bird who clearly was awake for it flapped it's wings at the dog as Darrian crept closer with his binding potion, the alchemist looking rather pale but at least he was focused on the task...for now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next