Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 7 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 pm

[George's Room]
Anja wrote:"Well now, that is quite interesting."
George said and he raised an eyebrow.
"But I will not ask to much about it.
Colin nodded, "You know who I mean, and why, anyway..."

[Rolls through the Chantry]
Anja wrote:About that time, the building shook, violently, one of Narim's windows shattered and several DVDs in his shelves fell to the floor, the plates in the cabinets rattled and the empty tea cup he had set on the counter fell off and shattered on the floor, one of the phones on the table also fell to the floor.
"What on earth!"
Narim exclaimed!
"Fuck...what the fuck!"
Adjan said and he shot up of the chair despite his bad leg.
"Did something blow up?"
Jon asked and he grabbed his phone and started typing with a worried frown.
"Mr Dahl...are no longer in the Chantry..."
Narim said softly.
"The prisoner is just...gone."
And then you two felt the sickly, stagnating residue of a massive Paradox backlash.
"Well shit..."
Adjan muttered.
"Shit!"
His eyes widened, "What the actual...? How the hell did that happen, he was on the bloody serum, he couldn't have used magic... Shit, any structural damage in the basement, and is Miss Rozzo unharmed? She was on guard duty outside the cell..."
He frowned, then groaned softly, "Ah, bugger, Wrinkle is going to be livid if I don't find a new source for the intel the Chief said we got from Dahl... Fuck..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 7 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:27 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:The parrot got a really worried look in it's eyes, birds had beaks and lacked allot of the facial cues mammals had but damn if that bird did not look scared as she started hearing wild gunfire around her, she flapped her wings a few times but did not just panic as a normal parrot would, instead it closed it's eyes sadly...and then there was the sound of an explosion from the Chantry basement, the entire building shook, plates and decorative items fell out of shelves and several windows must have broken as glass fell down into the street. like little, sharp bits of rain.

Serge childish grin was wiped off his face as the the sound of the explosion roared across the chantry. He dropped his clipboard to the ground and used his free hands to shield his ears from the sound of the explosion while doing his best to keep himself from falling over.

"What the fuck! What happened? Did that come from the basement?" he said in a worried tone, slightly shivering from the feeling of paradox in the air. He looked around the common room to try and figure out what had happened or see if anyone was in the common who knew what had happened.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:29 pm

[Steelhaven grounds]

"Yes...off course...ehm if there are structural damage i can...do something about that...get the bird then go through the Chantry and check on the walls."
Darrian said but he still looked rather shocked.

"Yes, your friend can help find anyone in there and I will go with you." He holstered the gun quickly with the safety still on, replying to the panicking Master.

"Shit I should have thought about it I HAVE a familiar, I know they store Paradox for their bondsmate and that they have the ability to give it back, in whole or in parts at will, Mundi could probably kill me to if he wanted."
The alchemist said and frowned.
"The parrot must have wanted to make sure it saved it's Master from...well you know...I should have...thought of that...why did I not think of that?"

"Hindsight makes us all perfect," he said. "We do what we can in this now."

He raised his hands to work an air press, not too hard to squish it but not soft enough for it to escape, a spell he had done under several conditions now but this was more finesse than before. His headache was there, but he seemed not to care about it as much, even if it still affected him, as his focus was trained on what he needed to do.

// Forces 2, air press spell: 5, 7, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:07 pm

[George's Room]

Colin nodded, "You know who I mean, and why, anyway..."

"I do think that I do at that."
George said with a slight smile.

His eyes widened, "What the actual...? How the hell did that happen, he was on the bloody serum, he couldn't have used magic... Shit, any structural damage in the basement, and is Miss Rozzo unharmed? She was on guard duty outside the cell..."

"I have no idea how it happened but I am fairly sure Mr Dahl have met his end."
Narim said and frowned.
"I will check on possible structural damage now."
Jon said and he started tapping at his phone.
"She is alive, she is in the basement that is all I currently know...I know I promised to not use magick but perhaps I should get her...and everyone else who are in the basement."
Narim said his eyes wide with fear, the sudden shock of the explosion and then feeling the Paradox residue brought his own situation back into full focus and the Master Adept was shaking.

He frowned, then groaned softly, "Ah, bugger, Wrinkle is going to be livid if I don't find a new source for the intel the Chief said we got from Dahl... Fuck..."

"Perhaps I can intercept Dahl's spirit before his...ehm...employers get it."
Adjan said and he was already grabbing for his bone dice which he started rolling.

You got a text message from Anna which said.
"Dad what happened are you okey?"

[Steelhaven]

Serge childish grin was wiped off his face as the the sound of the explosion roared across the chantry. He dropped his clipboard to the ground and used his free hands to shield his ears from the sound of the explosion while doing his best to keep himself from falling over.

"What the fuck! What happened? Did that come from the basement?" he said in a worried tone, slightly shivering from the feeling of paradox in the air. He looked around the common room to try and figure out what had happened or see if anyone was in the common who knew what had happened.

"It did."
Jeffry said. It was just you and Jeffry in the common room now but from the sound of footsteps from upstairs just about everyone was on their way out of their rooms to find out what the hell was going on. The old Hermetic turned to Serge and looked the younger mage in the eyes.
"Listen to me Mr Yager I need you to do something very important...I need you to start working up a spell to convince the police, fire services and others who might be coming here soon that everything is fine. Normally I would not want sleepers to be manipulated in such a way but we can not let them in here, they will show up and they will believe our explanation that there was an accident with some modern contraption or another but that everyone is fine, they will accept the explanation and leave...can you do this Mr Yager?"
Jeffry said with a note of urgency in his voice.

[Steelhaven grounds]

Yes, your friend can help find anyone in there and I will go with you." He holstered the gun quickly with the safety still on, replying to the panicking Master.

"Yes I...guess you are right I...yes...Mundi can find anyone injured and I can see if any of the walls need me to fix them."
The alchemist muttered.

Hindsight makes us all perfect," he said. "We do what we can in this now."

"You are right off course Sodalis...we will do what we can."
The alchemist agreed, he was still rather pale.

He raised his hands to work an air press, not too hard to squish it but not soft enough for it to escape, a spell he had done under several conditions now but this was more finesse than before. His headache was there, but he seemed not to care about it as much, even if it still affected him, as his focus was trained on what he needed to do.

Your spell pulled the parrot down from her perch, and it actually swore, it might not be so strange as a familiar it would have near human if not more than human intelligence and it was a creature capable of human speech, so it made sense it would talk, what it said however in her anger was a few words no one and particularly not a gay man would enjoy being called. As the parrot tried to be as rude as possible Darrian poured his potion over her which also earned him some insults, a rather long slew of them.
"That will hold her for a while."
The alchemist said.
"And fuck you to."
He added to the Kaka bird which was now being held down by your spell on the ground. Mundi sniffed the bird and growled.

As you cast your spell outside of the Chantry you could feel Paradox seeping in, but thankfully it was not to bad, your headache did make concentrating harder but for now you managed to push your own discomfort away and focus on the task at hand.

(OOC: One point of Dox for Adley.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm

Anja wrote:"I have no idea how it happened but I am fairly sure Mr Dahl have met his end."
Narim said and frowned.
"I will check on possible structural damage now."
Jon said and he started tapping at his phone.
"She is alive, she is in the basement that is all I currently know...I know I promised to not use magick but perhaps I should get her...and everyone else who are in the basement."
Narim said his eyes wide with fear, the sudden shock of the explosion and then feeling the Paradox residue brought his own situation back into full focus and the Master Adept was shaking.
Colin frowned, "Bugger... no, don't retrieve her. Nothing to risk Paradox right now, nothing whatsoever. Damn, that feels sticky... Jon, can you retrieve people from the basement? Or at least check if anyone can... ah, sod it. Narim, don't use magic, but locate all hands that are not preoccupied right now to head downstairs and start helping with the cleanup and any rescue... Send them to the Chief and help coordinate with him."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps I can intercept Dahl's spirit before his...ehm...employers get it."
Adjan said and he was already grabbing for his bone dice which he started rolling.
He nodded, "You do that. Narim, has Lady Crexia arrived yet?"

Anja wrote:You got a text message from Anna which said.
"Dad what happened are you okey?"
He frowned, and quickly typed back, 'I'm unharmed, whatever happened was in the basement. We're looking into it. Are you and the others alright?'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... okay.' she replied, clearly a bit bemused. Being a city girl, her knowledge of birds not being much further than "crow/pigeon/seagull".

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, showing she'd heard him.

Anja's Post:

Giving a sigh on getting home, Nicole went into the kitchen, dug out something from the fridge, shoved it in the microwave. Switched on the television, pulled off the company t-shirt and promptly dumped it on a nearby pile. Stretching out, she then wandered into the bedroom, looking for a top to put on...

Anja's Post:

The explosion caught the Etherite working through a pile of clothes; the force causing her to bang her head on the wall. 'What the?...' she said, it sinking in that it was an explosion. Without hesitation, she shoved on the first shirt she could find, grabbed her carbine, loaded up with ammo and went out into the hallway...

[Training Nicole to be a better leader? Is that wise? *smirks*]

[Which floor is Nicole's apartment again? Did we even define that?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:51 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"It did."
Jeffry said. It was just you and Jeffry in the common room now but from the sound of footsteps from upstairs just about everyone was on their way out of their rooms to find out what the hell was going on. The old Hermetic turned to Serge and looked the younger mage in the eyes.
"Listen to me Mr Yager I need you to do something very important...I need you to start working up a spell to convince the police, fire services and others who might be coming here soon that everything is fine. Normally I would not want sleepers to be manipulated in such a way but we can not let them in here, they will show up and they will believe our explanation that there was an accident with some modern contraption or another but that everyone is fine, they will accept the explanation and leave...can you do this Mr Yager?"
Jeffry said with a note of urgency in his voice.

Master Morgan would notice the shock and confusion still present in the younger mage's eye. It took a bit of time before Master Morgan's words fully registered with him.

"Y-yeah. Yeah! I can do that. I think at least....an apathy field or something like that. Alongside a believable story it should work." Serge said once he finally understood what Master Morgan was asking of him. He reached down to pick up the clipboard and flipped through the pages nervously to reach a new blank one.

"A modern contraptions accident.....can't let them in here....so something that doesn't require police or fire fighter intervention....cooking accident.....fireworks.......engineering failure.....Amps?" he muttered to himself as he tried to think of something that could believably make that loud of a sound that wouldn't be deemed as suspicious.

The sense of urgency wasn't lost on him and if Mater Morgan had nothing else to add Serge would head towards the chantry's main entrance as he muttered to himself. That was likely where sleepers would begin to appear and where he would needed to weave his magick to drive them away.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 am

[Steelhaven grounds]

"That will hold her for a while." The alchemist said. "And fuck you to." He added to the Kaka bird which was now being held down by your spell on the ground

He scowled as the bird spewed derogatory terms and insults at them, but it might prefer being squashed out of his anger to them capturing it; still it was galling, not only had it blown a hole in the chantry in the form of their prisoner and possibly hurt people but now it had resorted to namecalling. The paradox at the heels of what had happened was a reminder of how bad things could be, thankfully nothing worse occurred than the sense of it adding to his current burden. "Now what do we do with it? "

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 am

Colin frowned, "Bugger... no, don't retrieve her. Nothing to risk Paradox right now, nothing whatsoever. Damn, that feels sticky... Jon, can you retrieve people from the basement? Or at least check if anyone can... ah, sod it. Narim, don't use magic, but locate all hands that are not preoccupied right now to head downstairs and start helping with the cleanup and any rescue... Send them to the Chief and help coordinate with him."

"I can not teleport others."
Jon said.
"But I can get a look down there."
He added Narim looked a bit skeptical but then he nodded and started sending text messages to get people to the Chief to help out, he had a very concerned look on his face.

He nodded, "You do that. Narim, has Lady Crexia arrived yet?"

"No not yet but she have sent word that she will arrive within the hour."
The Virtual Adept replied as Adjan worked with his dice.

He frowned, and quickly typed back, 'I'm unharmed, whatever happened was in the basement. We're looking into it. Are you and the others alright?'

You got a reply back which said.
"Yeah I am fine dad. Yu Die are a bit spooked, Master Nassa are moving us to Kyle's room so he can watch over us while the Master go to help out if someone need healing.

[Steelhaven]

'Hmm... okay.' she replied, clearly a bit bemused. Being a city girl, her knowledge of birds not being much further than "crow/pigeon/seagull".

"Ah forgive me Miss Bouchard, I guess not everyone take an interest in animals."
Master Haagen said with a chuckle.

[Nicole's Apartment]

The explosion caught the Etherite working through a pile of clothes; the force causing her to bang her head on the wall. 'What the?...' she said, it sinking in that it was an explosion. Without hesitation, she shoved on the first shirt she could find, grabbed her carbine, loaded up with ammo and went out into the hallway...

You got out onto the third floor hallway, it was filling up by confused, scared mages.
"What the actual fuck was that?"
A small woman with blue stripes in her hair who you think was the Chief's visiting girlfriend exclaimed.
"Are we under attack?"
A young black man you knew where an Euthanathos asked.
"Something blew up!"
Arn said, then young Solificato had drawn his gun.
"Shit!"

At this point you got a message from Narim.
"Please go find the Chief and see if he need help getting people out of the basement."

[Common Room]

Master Morgan would notice the shock and confusion still present in the younger mage's eye. It took a bit of time before Master Morgan's words fully registered with him.

"Y-yeah. Yeah! I can do that. I think at least....an apathy field or something like that. Alongside a believable story it should work." Serge said once he finally understood what Master Morgan was asking of him. He reached down to pick up the clipboard and flipped through the pages nervously to reach a new blank one.

"Good, you focus on that Mr Yager, we can not allow police in here, for our own safety and theirs."
The Chief said as he sort of led you to a chair and sat you down there to work.
"I need to go to the basement and see if someone need help, will you be okey here in the meantime?"

"A modern contraptions accident.....can't let them in here....so something that doesn't require police or fire fighter intervention....cooking accident.....fireworks.......engineering failure.....Amps?" he muttered to himself as he tried to think of something that could believably make that loud of a sound that wouldn't be deemed as suspicious.

The sense of urgency wasn't lost on him and if Mater Morgan had nothing else to add Serge would head towards the chantry's main entrance as he muttered to himself. That was likely where sleepers would begin to appear and where he would needed to weave his magick to drive them away.

"No...steady yourself first Mr Yager, begin your drawing and collect your mind, then go to the entrance, there is urgency but you need to have your wits about you kid."
The old mage said gently.
"Take a few deep breaths and draw."

[Steelhaven grounds]

He scowled as the bird spewed derogatory terms and insults at them, but it might prefer being squashed out of his anger to them capturing it; still it was galling, not only had it blown a hole in the chantry in the form of their prisoner and possibly hurt people but now it had resorted to namecalling. The paradox at the heels of what had happened was a reminder of how bad things could be, thankfully nothing worse occurred than the sense of it adding to his current burden. "Now what do we do with it? "

"Now...we demand it tell us it name and then we have control of it."
Darrian said.
"Can you hold it while I work Sodalis."
The Solificato asked as he begun to pour another potion around the bird and then spoke to it in shaky Enochian, he would nto have learned before the Solificati joined the Order a few years ago. The parrot looked at him and begun with insults, but it was clear the loss of his boundsmate had weakened it and at first it did not reply to the demands with other than more insults, then with silence until the authoritative demands in Enochian finally was met with a weak squawk of.
"Telaris...I am named Telaris..."

(OOC: Nicole's room are on the third floor.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:23 am

Anja wrote:"I can not teleport others."
Jon said.
"But I can get a look down there."
He added Narim looked a bit skeptical but then he nodded and started sending text messages to get people to the Chief to help out, he had a very concerned look on his face.
Colin nodded, "Then get a look... Master Nassa can teleport people, though he's not particularly used to hauling adults from A to B like that."

Anja wrote:"No not yet but she have sent word that she will arrive within the hour."
The Virtual Adept replied as Adjan worked with his dice.
He nodded, "Then let us hope we can hold Dahl until she arrives - I'd hoped not to require her particular skills for questioning Dahl, but now..."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back which said.
"Yeah I am fine dad. Yu Die are a bit spooked, Master Nassa are moving us to Kyle's room so he can watch over us while the Master go to help out if someone need healing.
He frowned, then smiled before typing back, 'Very well, I will be by Kyle's room shortly with a few cinnamon rolls. How is Beatrice?'

[Nicole's Apartment]
He waited for a few moments, then nodded to himself, "She went ahead to the Chief, then... good."
He hefted the basket and headed to Kyle's apartment instead.

[Kyle's Apartment]
Colin knocked on the door again, looking around to see if Anna and Yu Die were on their way.

((OOC: Assuming the corridor was already cleared by the stampede heading downstairs before Colin made it out from Narim's room... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am

Colin nodded, "Then get a look... Master Nassa can teleport people, though he's not particularly used to hauling adults from A to B like that."

"I will get a look."
Jon tapped at his phone and then he paled a little.
"Shit...fuck..."
He muttered and handed you the phone. You saw that the section of the basement where the Node and ritual rooms was in where fine and Henrietta and Cecilia was running from there to see where they could help, in the practical section though, the door to the Chantry's only cell was blown out, along with some of the wall, Bianca was crushed between the wall and door and the wall on the opposite side, she was barely alive and there was allot of blood on the floor though some of it might be Dahl. The image shifted, the game room which was on the other side of the cell sharing a wall with it stood, the wall had shifted but not been blown out, no one where in this room, inside the cell itself where where just blood, Dahl had been reduced to a fine mist and bits of bone dripping of what remained of the walls. The wall into the storage room on the other side though had been blown into said storage room, you saw Helena there under a fair bit of debris, her condition was unclear. A woman who had to be Alexis had a bit of wall sticking out of her shoulder, she was bleeding from her head and she was trapped under a shelf which had fallen on top of her and she was screaming hysterically. The image shifted to the wash room where the vampire had been placed, this room was fine so Vera was safe, Rosa was there she had hid under the sink when she heard the explosion but where now getting to her feet and running out into the corridor, she stopped by Bianca but clearly found she could not do much there and so headed into the decimated storage room to check on Helena then she pulled out her phone to call for help.

He nodded, "Then let us hope we can hold Dahl until she arrives - I'd hoped not to require her particular skills for questioning Dahl, but now..."

"I got him..."
Adjan said. His voice was hollow sort of as his focus was completely on his magick.
"But I can not hold him for long...his pull to go join his masters are strong but due to the Chief's wards they can not get in here...but I have him...for now."

He frowned, then smiled before typing back, 'Very well, I will be by Kyle's room shortly with a few cinnamon rolls. How is Beatrice?'

You got a reply back.
"Ok dad, I want to help but Master N says the best help we can offer right now is to stay together and stay safe. Miss A is still in a Seeking she is with us."

[Kyle's Apartment]

Colin knocked on the door again, looking around to see if Anna and Yu Die were on their way.

Most had already stormed down stairs to find out what was going on when you got out of Narim's apartment. You saw Master Nassa on his way down the hallway, he was carrying Beatrice who where still in the Seeking and he had Anna and Yu Die with him, both the girls looked a little freaked out but okey. Hildegard was also there with Cava and Jane, Cava was bawling, something had fallen on her when the Chantry was shaken by the explosion and she had blood in her hair and on her shirt though the wound was gone.
"Mr Wainwright we where thinking we would collect the kids in one place."
Hildegard said and Amadeus nodded. Anna gave you a nervous look.
"What is going on?"
She asked as Kyle opened the door, books had fallen of his shelves and he had several of them in his hands.
"Come in, me and Stephen will take care of them."
The boy said.
"What on earth happened? Are we under attack?"
He said as Stephen went over to Cava and hunched down next to her.
"Don't cry little girl, all will be well."
The young Hermetic promised but Cava was still crying. Jane though looked to shocked to cry.
"The house shook."
She muttered.

(OOC: Mage stampede is over yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am

Anja wrote:"I will get a look."
Jon tapped at his phone and then he paled a little.
"Shit...fuck..."
He muttered and handed you the phone. You saw that the section of the basement where the Node and ritual rooms was in where fine and Henrietta and Cecilia was running from there to see where they could help, in the practical section though, the door to the Chantry's only cell was blown out, along with some of the wall, Bianca was crushed between the wall and door and the wall on the opposite side, she was barely alive and there was allot of blood on the floor though some of it might be Dahl. The image shifted, the game room which was on the other side of the cell sharing a wall with it stood, the wall had shifted but not been blown out, no one where in this room, inside the cell itself where where just blood, Dahl had been reduced to a fine mist and bits of bone dripping of what remained of the walls. The wall into the storage room on the other side though had been blown into said storage room, you saw Helena there under a fair bit of debris, her condition was unclear. A woman who had to be Alexis had a bit of wall sticking out of her shoulder, she was bleeding from her head and she was trapped under a shelf which had fallen on top of her and she was screaming hysterically. The image shifted to the wash room where the vampire had been placed, this room was fine so Vera was safe, Rosa was there she had hid under the sink when she heard the explosion but where now getting to her feet and running out into the corridor, she stopped by Bianca but clearly found she could not do much there and so headed into the decimated storage room to check on Helena then she pulled out her phone to call for help.
Colin grimaced, "Well, fuck... that looks quite fatal to Dahl, alright... So, three casualties, Miss Olsen looks unharmed, as does Miss Milliner... how is structural support? Any risk of the building wobbling?"

Anja wrote:"I got him..."
Adjan said. His voice was hollow sort of as his focus was completely on his magick.
"But I can not hold him for long...his pull to go join his masters are strong but due to the Chief's wards they can not get in here...but I have him...for now."
He frowned, "Alright, who at hand can help hold him back?"

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:Most had already stormed down stairs to find out what was going on when you got out of Narim's apartment. You saw Master Nassa on his way down the hallway, he was carrying Beatrice who where still in the Seeking and he had Anna and Yu Die with him, both the girls looked a little freaked out but okey. Hildegard was also there with Cava and Jane, Cava was bawling, something had fallen on her when the Chantry was shaken by the explosion and she had blood in her hair and on her shirt though the wound was gone.
"Mr Wainwright we where thinking we would collect the kids in one place."
Hildegard said and Amadeus nodded. Anna gave you a nervous look.
"What is going on?"
She asked as Kyle opened the door, books had fallen of his shelves and he had several of them in his hands.
"Come in, me and Stephen will take care of them."
The boy said.
"What on earth happened? Are we under attack?"
He said as Stephen went over to Cava and hunched down next to her.
"Don't cry little girl, all will be well."
The young Hermetic promised but Cava was still crying. Jane though looked to shocked to cry.
"The house shook."
She muttered.
He frowned and bent down and patted Cava on her head, "It appears a bad man we had caught... exploded in the basement. We're still trying to figure out how it happened. It doesn't appear anyone else is trying to get in, though. But you're safe up here; the wards are holding, and nothing else has managed to gain entry, it seems. Right now, we need to tidy up the rubble downstairs, and we might need every adult available to help."
He straightened his back and handed the basket to Anna, "The Deacon Primus baked cinnamon rolls, still warm and fresh - there should be enough for all of you, go on, get inside Kyle's apartment, now, it'll be fine with his, hm, nephew, Stephen. You'll be fine, I'm sure of it."

Waiting for the kids to file inside and close the door, he turned to Hildegard and Amadeus, "Dahl is dead, and I still don't know how that could happen, but Mr. Terach is holding his soul back in Master Sharaya's apartment. Madame Gottschalk, are you able to help him keep the soul from departing for an hour, until Lady Crexia arrives? And Master Nassa, Miss Rozzo, Miss Mar and who I presume to be Miss Milliner's ghoul down in the basement were injured in the explosion - I believe Miss Rozzo is the worst off of the lot, standing guard over Dahl's cell at the time. Can you make haste down there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:42 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Assume we're under attack 'till told otherwise.' Nicole replied, carbine at the ready. 'Don't see nothing else here, mind...'

Anja's Post:

'Attack seems to have come from the basement. Round up a doctor, escort them downstairs.' Nicole replied to Arn, before heading downstairs herself - worrying about their recently-won cargo.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Colin grimaced, "Well, fuck... that looks quite fatal to Dahl, alright... So, three casualties, Miss Olsen looks unharmed, as does Miss Milliner... how is structural support? Any risk of the building wobbling?"

"Yes I do believe we can say with some certainty that our prisoner is dead, yes there are structural damage, cracks all through the basement and up the walls, it will have to be fixed but the but the building will not come down on our heads."
Jon said with a sigh.

He frowned, "Alright, who at hand can help hold him back?"

"Fran can I think, and Hildegaard, the Chief, and Master Steelhaven, anyone who can affect ghosts."
Adjan said in a strained tone of voice

[Kyle's Apartment]

He frowned and bent down and patted Cava on her head, "It appears a bad man we had caught... exploded in the basement. We're still trying to figure out how it happened. It doesn't appear anyone else is trying to get in, though. But you're safe up here; the wards are holding, and nothing else has managed to gain entry, it seems. Right now, we need to tidy up the rubble downstairs, and we might need every adult available to help."

"I don't like it when bad men explode in the Chantry."
Cava cried.
"Are you sure it is safe here Mr Wainwright?"

He straightened his back and handed the basket to Anna, "The Deacon Primus baked cinnamon rolls, still warm and fresh - there should be enough for all of you, go on, get inside Kyle's apartment, now, it'll be fine with his, hm, nephew, Stephen. You'll be fine, I'm sure of it."

"Thanks dad...I understand I will help take care of the little ones."
Anna said as she took the basket.
"Ok everyone inside...here Cava I have cinnamon rolls..."
Ana said and she took Yu Die's hand and led her and Cava and Jane inside of Kyle's apartment. Stephen stood and he straightened his back proudly.
"I will make sure everyone stay safe Sir."
The young Flambeau declared.

Waiting for the kids to file inside and close the door, he turned to Hildegard and Amadeus, "Dahl is dead, and I still don't know how that could happen, but Mr. Terach is holding his soul back in Master Sharaya's apartment. Madame Gottschalk, are you able to help him keep the soul from departing for an hour, until Lady Crexia arrives?

Kyle and his nephew herded the younger children into the apartment and closed the door. Hildegard nodded and frowned.
"Yes I should be able to help out...are Adjan in Master Sharaya's apartment?"
She asked ready to help her Cabalmate control Dahl's spirit until it could be interrogated.

And Master Nassa, Miss Rozzo, Miss Mar and who I presume to be Miss Milliner's ghoul down in the basement were injured in the explosion - I believe Miss Rozzo is the worst off of the lot, standing guard over Dahl's cell at the time. Can you make haste down there?"

"Bianca...oh no."
Amadeus said suddenly alarmed, without saying anything more he grabbed the dagger hanging at his belt, drew two quick symbols into his own arm and he was gone, a soft smell of spring flowers filling the air as it rushed in to fill the space the Verbena Master had previously occupied.

[Steelhaven]

Assume we're under attack 'till told otherwise.' Nicole replied, carbine at the ready. 'Don't see nothing else here, mind...'

"Agreed ma'am...perhaps we should get downstairs in case they need help there."
Arn suggested, several of the others drew weapons, or started muttering or manipulating various items which where probably foci, thinking the Chantry where under attack.

Attack seems to have come from the basement. Round up a doctor, escort them downstairs.' Nicole replied to Arn, before heading downstairs herself - worrying about their recently-won cargo.

"I will call Dr Lee."
Arn said and he pulled his phone out of his pocket to make the call. You got down to the first floor, the Chief was there barking orders.
"Miss Bouchard we could use a hand, our prisoner...the Nephandus have exploded, likely frm Paradox. I need help evacuating the basement and assessing the damage."
The Flambeau said with urgency in his voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:39 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Exploded? Are we under attack?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 pm

[Steelhaven]

'Exploded? Are we under attack?'

"Yes and no, Dahl's familliar came for him, we tried to capture it but it managed to release all the Paradox it have relieved it's master of right into him at once which resulted in the prisoner...blowing up from the sheer amount of Paradox released into his body at once. There are no other attackers than the bird though."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"Fucking Nephandi."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes I do believe we can say with some certainty that our prisoner is dead, yes there are structural damage, cracks all through the basement and up the walls, it will have to be fixed but the but the building will not come down on our heads."
Jon said with a sigh.
Colin let out a brief, relieved sigh, "Well, at least the support structure isn't affected... I'm sure Adley's little friends are already headed down there to start mending the cracks."

Anja wrote:"Fran can I think, and Hildegaard, the Chief, and Master Steelhaven, anyone who can affect ghosts."
Adjan said in a strained tone of voice
He frowned, "We'll call in Fran as a last resort; Freddie needs her right now for a... separate matter. Call in Master Steelhaven and Madame Gottschalk?"

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I don't like it when bad men explode in the Chantry."
Cava cried.
"Are you sure it is safe here Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded, "There was only the one bad man here, and as soon as we find out how he could explode, we'll do our best to make sure it won't happen again. Right now, it's just a bit of a mess down there, but no-one else was killed, and we have to put the rooms back in order. The building is still stable."

Anja wrote:"Thanks dad...I understand I will help take care of the little ones."
Anna said as she took the basket.
"Ok everyone inside...here Cava I have cinnamon rolls..."
Ana said and she took Yu Die's hand and led her and Cava and Jane inside of Kyle's apartment. Stephen stood and he straightened his back proudly.
"I will make sure everyone stay safe Sir."
The young Flambeau declared.
He nodded and gave Stephen a crisp salute, "Good man. Make your grandfather proud, you hear? I don't expect trouble here, but there's going to be some need for comforting and reassurance."

Anja wrote:Kyle and his nephew herded the younger children into the apartment and closed the door. Hildegard nodded and frowned.
"Yes I should be able to help out...are Adjan in Master Sharaya's apartment?"
She asked ready to help her Cabalmate control Dahl's spirit until it could be interrogated.
He nodded, stepping aside to clear her path, "Yes, Master Sharaya needed protection from... eh, it's complicated, but Adjan is there, as is Mr. Sherman, assisting with coordinating rescue and cleanup. Master Sharaya is temporarily prohibited from working."

Anja wrote:"Bianca...oh no."
Amadeus said suddenly alarmed, without saying anything more he grabbed the dagger hanging at his belt, drew two quick symbols into his own arm and he was gone, a soft smell of spring flowers filling the air as it rushed in to fill the space the Verbena Master had previously occupied.
He nodded, "Master Sharaya said she's still... ah, right, never mind..."
He shook his head at the sudden absence in front of him, then sprinted down the stairs, two or three steps at a time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Colin let out a brief, relieved sigh, "Well, at least the support structure isn't affected... I'm sure Adley's little friends are already headed down there to start mending the cracks."

"Yeah the spiderlings are already there working on one of the walls, they are most useful little spirits."
Jon said and he looked at his phone.
"Would you like me to send you the app that show you where everything in the Chantry are located Colin? It could be useful right now."

He frowned, "We'll call in Fran as a last resort; Freddie needs her right now for a... separate matter. Call in Master Steelhaven and Madame Gottschalk?"

"Yes Master Steelhaven and Hildegard would work, and Hildegard I am used to work with she is the leader of my Cabal after all."
Adjan said, his eyes where unfocused as he rolled his dice relentlessly.

[Kyle's Apartment]

He nodded, "There was only the one bad man here, and as soon as we find out how he could explode, we'll do our best to make sure it won't happen again. Right now, it's just a bit of a mess down there, but no-one else was killed, and we have to put the rooms back in order. The building is still stable."

"It is very rude to explode when you are in someone else's home my Mentor says so."
Cava declared, but at least the little girl had stopped crying.
"Is the basement gone Sir?"
She asked and she hugged her unicorn teddy close.

He nodded and gave Stephen a crisp salute, "Good man. Make your grandfather proud, you hear? I don't expect trouble here, but there's going to be some need for comforting and reassurance."

Stephen returned the saute.
"I will Sir, I will keep them occupied and calm and if something happens I will protect them with my life."
The young Flambeau promised and Kyle nodded.
"Yes we will, the kids will be safe."
He chimed in.

He nodded, "Master Sharaya said she's still... ah, right, never mind..."
He shook his head at the sudden absence in front of him, then sprinted down the stairs, two or three steps at a time."

You sprinted down the stairs, you saw Nicole talking with the Chief. Everyone was running around doing what the Chief had ordered.You saw Nico and Andrew on their way up from the basement they had Tass and lab equipment in their arms, someones where clearly sent to get the important stuff out of the magickal section of the basement, while Richard where on his way down to the basement with his bag, Bruce was being tended to by Allison White, he had a cat carrier by his feet but it looked like his shoulder where out of joint, probably he had fallen when the Chantry shook.
"No...I do not want any strong painkillers I need to be sharp, just snap it back please."
The other Orphan said to the hedge wizard. There was a sea of voices, everyone seamed scared and upset over what had happened.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah the spiderlings are already there working on one of the walls, they are most useful little spirits."
Jon said and he looked at his phone.
"Would you like me to send you the app that show you where everything in the Chantry are located Colin? It could be useful right now."
Colin nodded, "Thank you, that would be useful indeed. Hum, out of curiosity, how good an image do you get in my apartment? No, don't waste time on idle curiosity right now, we can test that when there's no emergency for once..."

Anja wrote:"Yes Master Steelhaven and Hildegard would work, and Hildegard I am used to work with she is the leader of my Cabal after all."
Adjan said, his eyes where unfocused as he rolled his dice relentlessly.
He nodded and arched an eyebrow at Narim.

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"It is very rude to explode when you are in someone else's home my Mentor says so."
Cava declared, but at least the little girl had stopped crying.
"Is the basement gone Sir?"
She asked and she hugged her unicorn teddy close.
He nodded, "Your Mentor is a wise and kind man who would never want to let you get hurt. He's quite right about it being rude to explode in someone else's home. Really, it's quite rude in most places. And the basement is still there, it's just a few walls and such that have taken a bit of a beating. We'll have those sorted out soon enough."

Anja wrote:Stephen returned the saute.
"I will Sir, I will keep them occupied and calm and if something happens I will protect them with my life."
The young Flambeau promised and Kyle nodded.
"Yes we will, the kids will be safe."
He chimed in.
He gave Kyle a quick smile, "Good lads."

Anja wrote:You sprinted down the stairs, you saw Nicole talking with the Chief. Everyone was running around doing what the Chief had ordered.You saw Nico and Andrew on their way up from the basement they had Tass and lab equipment in their arms, someones where clearly sent to get the important stuff out of the magickal section of the basement, while Richard where on his way down to the basement with his bag, Bruce was being tended to by Allison White, he had a cat carrier by his feet but it looked like his shoulder where out of joint, probably he had fallen when the Chantry shook.
"No...I do not want any strong painkillers I need to be sharp, just snap it back please."
The other Orphan said to the hedge wizard. There was a sea of voices, everyone seamed scared and upset over what had happened.
He looked at the crowd, then checked his phone to see how things looked in the basement and strode over to the Chief, "Sir, I just came down from Master Sharaya's. Here's an overview of the basement if you would like to see - Master Nassa teleported down to tend to the wounded when I let him know Miss Rozzo was close to the center of the blast. Master Sharaya said there were no fatalities aside from the exploded Mr. Dahl when I left, and he and Mr. Sherman concur that the structural integrity of the building is unaffected - no load bearing walls were damaged."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Colin nodded, "Thank you, that would be useful indeed. Hum, out of curiosity, how good an image do you get in my apartment? No, don't waste time on idle curiosity right now, we can test that when there's no emergency for once..."

"No your apartment just show up as a blank on my map."
Jon said and he tapped his phone again and he sent the app to you followed by your phone pinging.

He nodded and arched an eyebrow at Narim.

"I will call Master Steelhaven and Madam Gottschalk."
Narim agreed with a nod and the picked up his phone.

[Kyle's Apartment]

He nodded, "Your Mentor is a wise and kind man who would never want to let you get hurt. He's quite right about it being rude to explode in someone else's home. Really, it's quite rude in most places. And the basement is still there, it's just a few walls and such that have taken a bit of a beating. We'll have those sorted out soon enough."

Cava nodded at that.
"O...ok...Sir."
The young mage said and she dried her tears.
"But it was really scary."
She muttered.

He gave Kyle a quick smile, "Good lads."

The two young Flambeau nodded and gave you serious looks before they headed for the apartment to watch over the younger kids.

He looked at the crowd, then checked his phone to see how things looked in the basement and strode over to the Chief, "Sir, I just came down from Master Sharaya's. Here's an overview of the basement if you would like to see - Master Nassa teleported down to tend to the wounded when I let him know Miss Rozzo was close to the center of the blast. Master Sharaya said there were no fatalities aside from the exploded Mr. Dahl when I left, and he and Mr. Sherman concur that the structural integrity of the building is unaffected - no load bearing walls were damaged."

On Jon's app you could see several green dots in the basement, and also allot of blue dots indicating spirits, most of the Chantry members where either helping others to get out of the basement or helping the wounded. There was also a red dot down there, probably that was Miss Milliner.
"It is a relief the Chantry will not fall down around our ears."
Jeffry said.
"I will send Master Haagen to try help repair the walls once he have secured the bloody bird...anything left of Dahl by the way? I assume there is nothing for a healer to work with?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:49 pm

Anja wrote:"No your apartment just show up as a blank on my map."
Jon said and he tapped his phone again and he sent the app to you followed by your phone pinging.
Colin grinned, "Glad to hear it."

[Kyle's Apartment]
Anja wrote:Cava nodded at that.
"O...ok...Sir."
The young mage said and she dried her tears.
"But it was really scary."
She muttered.
He smiled warmly, "It was. But you know, when brave people experience something scary, they start out by admitting they were scared, then they figure out how to make whatever scared them seem less scary, so they can get on with whatever they have to do. It's not an easy thing to do, and it takes a bit of work, but you're quite well on your way there."

[Downstairs]
Anja wrote:On Jon's app you could see several green dots in the basement, and also allot of blue dots indicating spirits, most of the Chantry members where either helping others to get out of the basement or helping the wounded. There was also a red dot down there, probably that was Miss Milliner.
"It is a relief the Chantry will not fall down around our ears."
Jeffry said.
"I will send Master Haagen to try help repair the walls once he have secured the bloody bird...anything left of Dahl by the way? I assume there is nothing for a healer to work with?"
He frowned, "Bird? Not Jareth, i hope? And... yes, there is quite a bit of Dahl left, but I'm afraid it will have to be a funeral in a bucket... Mr. Terach intercepted his soul, though, and Madame Gottschalk came to his aid to hold on to it; Lady Crexia is on her way and should arrive within the hour - with luck, she'll be able to interrogate him before Dahl's dark patrons can... collect."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Colin grinned, "Glad to hear it."

"Nifty rote you got there, that scrambler of yours."
Jon commented.

He smiled warmly, "It was. But you know, when brave people experience something scary, they start out by admitting they were scared, then they figure out how to make whatever scared them seem less scary, so they can get on with whatever they have to do. It's not an easy thing to do, and it takes a bit of work, but you're quite well on your way there."

Cava nodded but the little Solificato did not seam to quite understand what you where saying.
"O...ok Sir, I will try to make it less scary."
She promised.

[Downstairs]

He frowned, "Bird? Not Jareth, i hope?

"No not Jareth a damned kaka bird, Mr Dahl's bloody familiar, it tried to break in through the wards and when we tried to capture it, the little pest released all of it's master's Paradox sending it right back to the man...the result you can see in the basement."
Jeffry said with a frown.

And... yes, there is quite a bit of Dahl left, but I'm afraid it will have to be a funeral in a bucket... Mr. Terach intercepted his soul, though, and Madame Gottschalk came to his aid to hold on to it; Lady Crexia is on her way and should arrive within the hour - with luck, she'll be able to interrogate him before Dahl's dark patrons can... collect."

"Well that will be a joy to clean up."
The Chief grumbled.
"Good please let me know if the good Lady get anything out of the man's spirit and please send her to see me when she arrive."
He added then he looked around with a worried frown.
"Have you by any chance seen Helena Mr Wainwright she is one of those I have not counted after the explosion."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Anja wrote:"Nifty rote you got there, that scrambler of yours."
Jon commented.
He grinned, "I might be able to teach you how it works, if you'd like. Perhaps if you could show me how you make your tracking app in return?"

Anja wrote:Cava nodded but the little Solificato did not seam to quite understand what you where saying.
"O...ok Sir, I will try to make it less scary."
She promised.
He smiled, "You're a brave girl, Cava. You'll be a fine Mage when you grow up."

[Downstairs]
Anja wrote:"No not Jareth a damned kaka bird, Mr Dahl's bloody familiar, it tried to break in through the wards and when we tried to capture it, the little pest released all of it's master's Paradox sending it right back to the man...the result you can see in the basement."
Jeffry said with a frown.
He frowned, "Well, son of a... That was certainly something we didn't know he had. Bugger... Not the sort of thing you'd expect from a Technocrat, is it?"

Anja wrote:"Well that will be a joy to clean up."
The Chief grumbled.
"Good please let me know if the good Lady get anything out of the man's spirit and please send her to see me when she arrive."
He added then he looked around with a worried frown.
"Have you by any chance seen Helena Mr Wainwright she is one of those I have not counted after the explosion."
He nodded, "Will do, Sir. And Miss Mar is in the storeroom; Miss Olsen went to check on her before calling for help... I don't know about her condition, but I believe she's still alive."
He sighed, "Ah, right, the Chantry's children are in the care of your youngest apprentice and your grand-apprentice. I believe they'll be quite safe there; young Stephen is showing himself a credit to your House. With that out of the way, where do you want me?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Good, you focus on that Mr Yager, we can not allow police in here, for our own safety and theirs."
The Chief said as he sort of led you to a chair and sat you down there to work.
"I need to go to the basement and see if someone need help, will you be okey here in the meantime?"

"I'll be alright. Go and help the others." Serge lied. Truthfully he didn't want to be alone, but knew the chief was needed elsewhere.

Anja wrote:"No...steady yourself first Mr Yager, begin your drawing and collect your mind, then go to the entrance, there is urgency but you need to have your wits about you kid."
The old mage said gently.
"Take a few deep breaths and draw."

"All right, all right." Serge said taking a few deep breaths and then walked to the entrance. As he walked he tried to focus his mind. To figure out what he needed to draw.

It was a challenge, to figure out a scenario in which people wouldn't be curious about the loud explosion. He couldn't rely on his illusion, since he needed to drive people away. An illusionary disaster would just provoke further investigation from the police.

He had an idea in his head, but whether it would work or not was something he was concerned about. But it was the first thing that came to his head so it was the one he went with.

He drew a homeless man, face down in the centre of the street, clearly in need of help, and a disinterested crowd of people circling around him. Whether it was because they didn't want to get involved, had something better to do, or just didn't care the crowd of people were avoiding him at all cost. It was something he commonly saw on his commutes in New York and that same apathy was what he wanted to invoke for this disaster.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:37 pm

"Now...we demand it tell us it name and then we have control of it."
Darrian said.
"Can you hold it while I work Sodalis."

"Yes," he agreed. He focused on keeping his spell in order while the elder mage pulled it's Name from it - Telaris. It was not something done by ones like him or his pater lightly but this was an emergency and the creature had created a lot of destruction in its Master's employ. They had to control it and he stood ready to step in with further action if it was necessary.

// Dhal's last work was in the style of Jackson Pollack

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next