Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 18 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:48 pm

[Chief's Office]

Hmm... think this one is going to be quick and dirty, me. We don't have the time to do it like we did the last one.'

"Agreed but do not take to many chances, the Chantry can not afford to loose any of you."
Jeffry said with a curt nod.

Perhaps they should actually be useful before we start claiming as such? How about waking them up and seeing if they've got any useful intel?' the Etherite quipped, giving a raised eyebrow.

"We will speak with the woman, however it now appear rather likely she was not actually involved and then saying she helped us even if that is a small exaggeration are quite acceptable to make sure we do not release her and then she is executed by her own Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said.

'If Milliner gets out of this 'cos the Syndicate allows him to cop a plea or whatever... oh, what a political shit-storm that will cause in the Union. If that happens, I say let them have the fucker. And we do everything we can to make sure every Mirrorshade knows what he did and that their brass has granted him immunity. Quite a lot of 'em have had work done, after all.' ending with a rather nasty grin.

"That is one way to do it Miss Bouchard if we can make other Technocrats believe us that is and for that we need cold hard proof to show them, however if we can turn the other Conventions against the Syndicate I am all in favor of that."
The old Hermetic said before sipping his coffee again.

[Common Room]

"I just left his office. It's gonna be weird if I suddenly come back. Especially with low-priority information." Serge said with a sigh. "But yeah, I probably should. Speaking of Master Morgan and Mr. Wainwright, be prepared for a mission. Our cabal leader's probably gonna ask you to tag along on another one."

"Understood I will be ready and no going back when you have more information is not weird, and while this turned out not to be important, that do not meant finding out it is not important is not in itself important."
The Virtual Adept replied and shrugged.

(OOC: They are trademarked absolutely, but that bother me little. I would not pirate a movie or a book as that take away potential earning from a company but when it comes to trademarked characters and other imagery from various settings that I do not care if someone copy, especially if the thing with the trademarked stuff are on are not something the company themselves sells, then no one lose any revenue and then I have little problem with it. I do have a problem with taking a artist's personal art though, just published on their own blog or on deviant art and earning money on that with nothing going to the artist, that is different than earning a bit on the side on a big company's characters and settings.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 18 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:27 pm

[Chief's Office]
Jeremy wrote:"She's cool but not a werewolf. She's got the queen type of cool. There's a type of primal coolness only a werewolf can possess." he said with smile. "And I don't think I have the skills to make political connections like that. Don't have the patience. But I at least I know you. So I'm in some ways connected to your cool people."
Anja wrote:"Knowing people Mr Yager is the better part of politics, being able to figure out what the other party want and how to get that to them while at the same time getting what you want is the other."
Jeffry said with a slight smile before sipping his mug of coffee again.
Jeremy wrote:"Man, I'm not cut out for politics. I like getting stuff to people. Hate asking for something in return." Serge said with a sigh.
Anja wrote:"This child is something you will have to learn or you will end up broken and beaten somewhere, sucked dry, this is not a kind world Mr Yager and if you let others walk all over you they will bring spike covered boots."
Jeffry said with a sigh as he looked over at the young Cultist.
Nicole wrote:Nicole nodded to this, clearly in agreement to the Chief's viewpoint.
Jeremy wrote:"I'll keep that in mind sir. It's not the first time I've been told that." Serge said with a nod, not really believing the chief but being too polite to argue back.
Anja wrote:Jeffry just looked at you for a moment, he gave advice just once and had no patience if the one offered such advised refused to listen, they in his mind they had themselves to blame.
Colin smiled thinly, "Just remember, young man, that the ones least interested in politics are often the ones most at its mercy... Personally, I don't mind being being used as a tool, but I am much more efficient when I know whether they need a hammer or a screwdriver. And besides, you will need to cultivate a few friends in high places for your future plans, whatever those might be."

Anja wrote:"It would not surprise me if Lady Crexia do."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Hopefully your Euthanatoi contact can defuse the situation but we have to be ready just in case."
He nodded, "In any case, she needs to be warned of our actions against her family, so she can keep herself out of the line of fire."

Nicole wrote:'Hmm... think this one is going to be quick and dirty, me. We don't have the time to do it like we did the last one.'
Anja wrote:"Agreed but do not take to many chances, the Chantry can not afford to loose any of you."
Jeffry said with a curt nod.
He frowned, but nodded, "We do have the address and the key to the place, so we'll not need to kick down the door, guns blazing. A bit of shotgun diplomacy, though, may well be called for, but I should rather we avoid needless collateral damage or casualties. The ghoul may be persuaded it's not worth throwing down their life for a... trifling possession their Master would lose anyway, after all."

Nicole wrote:'You could have at least said "we might have found a cure. More on this later" or something.' Nicole replied. 'What if something happened to you? Or someone had asked me about updates? Today has been one where the battlefield has been moving very fast, which relies on intel being as fresh and accurate as possible.'

'As for the blood... only until I know the Chantry ain't gonna be hit. I'm starting to really flag now as it is...'
He smiled wryly, "I suppose... though the people who needed to be in the know on that front were in the know, save Freddy herself. Which was rather the crux of the matter at the time; it would be unethical to tell everyone else about it before her... I'm sure you would prefer I stonewalled our Chantrymates as a whole about, say, a personal matter regarding you before consulting you about it? It would not have served you for your mission, and would have been more likely to distract."

Nicole wrote:'Perhaps they should actually be useful before we start claiming as such? How about waking them up and seeing if they've got any useful intel?' the Etherite quipped, giving a raised eyebrow.
Anja wrote:"We will speak with the woman, however it now appear rather likely she was not actually involved and then saying she helped us even if that is a small exaggeration are quite acceptable to make sure we do not release her and then she is executed by her own Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said.
He frowned, "It is absolutely true that we would not have pinpointed Francis Milliner's location this quickly without Vera Milliner, whether she was conscious and willing to lend that aid is... a matter of semantics, really, and one which we do not really need to get all that deep into in dealing with the Prince."

Nicole wrote:'If Milliner gets out of this 'cos the Syndicate allows him to cop a plea or whatever... oh, what a political shit-storm that will cause in the Union. If that happens, I say let them have the fucker. And we do everything we can to make sure every Mirrorshade knows what he did and that their brass has granted him immunity. Quite a lot of 'em have had work done, after all.' ending with a rather nasty grin.
Anja wrote:"That is one way to do it Miss Bouchard if we can make other Technocrats believe us that is and for that we need cold hard proof to show them, however if we can turn the other Conventions against the Syndicate I am all in favor of that."
The old Hermetic said before sipping his coffee again.
He smiled wryly, "I think the good doctor at the Umbral Port ought to be informed of the chap's location, at least. I have no problems with a little divide and conquer, as such, either."

Jeremy wrote:"I'm down if you'll have me. Last mission was interesting. Wonder what surprises this one will bring." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"Hopefully as few surprises as possible young man, the more according to plan a mission go the better."
The old Hermetic said and he raised an eyebrow at Serge's statement.
Jeremy wrote:"No mission goes by without at least one surprise." Serge said with shrug as if that was a simple fact of life.
Anja wrote:"Usually plans will change when they get into contact with the enemy this is true, however it is not desirable Mr Yager."
The old Hermetic said with a sigh.
He nodded, "Let us try to avoid outright surprises, though. The adage is true, but you are too young to be so cynical. Let's hope finding a kindly young man is the biggest surprise waiting for us..."

Anja wrote:You passed Serge sitting and talking with Jon on your way to the office, you knocked on the door and your Mentor opened it up after a little while, coffee mug in hand.
"Ah mea filius you should probably come in."
Jeffry said and he moved out of the way so you could get into the tiny office which was already crowded by Nicole and Colin being there.
S7trif3 wrote:He waved to Jon and Serge as he passed them both. He went into the office when he was called in, looking fairly grouchy as he glanced around to see who was there. Seeing Colin he said, "Hey, I have that book..." Then, "So, what's happening now?"
Anja wrote:Jon waved back to you as you passed. Jeffry sigh and shook his head.
"Mr Milliner is a no go, the Union got him."
Your Mentor said as he went to fill a cup with coffee.
"Here mea filius you look like you could use this."
The older Hermetic said as he handed it to you.
"Now we are planning out how to get the vampire with oracular abilities before the Union get him as well."
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, shit. Technocrats, just what we don't need." He sighed, then he suddenly pulled out his phone with a frown. "I was expecting to hear back from Richard...it's been a bit...he went over to another chantry, and was going to check on something for us over there."
Anja wrote:"Shit indeed and attacking a Construct to get a prisoner from them are not worth the risk."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"As for Dr Lee I called him when Mr Dahl exploded to help care for the wounded I suspect he have been to busy to call you back mea filius, he is still working in the basement."
He nodded to Adley, "Amicus... Ah, you can leave the book here, since your Pater wanted to look at it, too... I was headed upstairs, I believe Narim has the key to the house where the oracle is held."

S7trif3 wrote:"Thank you, sir," he said and took the coffee. "Oh, great. We should expect them to be involved then."
Anja wrote:"Hopefully as the target is the property of the leader of the Giovanni in the city and not by Mr Milliner there is a chance the Technocracy will never learn of the boy, we can hope but there is a chance the retrieval party will encounter them yes so we must be prepared for that."
Your Mentor said with a frown at the thought of one sentient being being the property of another.
He shrugged, "I would think the Union is less likely to know about this one, really, as it seems to be something of a secret possession of the Giovanni family head. But he's been tortured by Fio Giovanni, and probably others, as stress more easily provokes his visions of what vampire society is up to..."
He frowned, "Bugger, that's right, Mr. Yager is not to bring pencils, best let him know about that before we go..."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Irene.
"I will not let my father know you plan to steal his oracle, it is better if he do not know so he can not stop it. I will let him know the rest though, as soon as I can get him awake, so far that have been less than easy. I am one of the few allowed into his sleeping chamber but I have tried everything but violence, old vampires do not wake easilly during the day, give it another hour and I will try again."
He smiled thinly and typed back, 'The first part was to warn you, that you might avoid being pushed into any crossfire. Stay safe.'

Anja wrote:You got to Narim's room, you saw that Crexia was about to leave together with Hildegard, she, Narim and Adjan where talking at the door to his room. Hildegard inclined her head towards you when she saw you, Narim gave you a short wave of her hand and Adjan nodded. Crexia turned towards you.
"Hello again Mr Wainwright."
The lich said.
"I was just about to go and see Master Morgan about the information I found when talking with Mr Dahl's spirit."
He bowed quickly, but respectfully, "Hello again, Milady. I came looking for Mr. Sherman, but it appears he has left the apartment... We'll be rescuing the Giovanni's tortured oracle shortly, and I hoped to bring him along to deal with mundane alarms. Ah, also, Master Sharaya, I believe you may still be holding on to the key to the house where the oracle is? If I recall correctly, Mrs. Von Hess should have brought it back here?"
He smiled, "I expect he'll be down in the common room, or assisting in the basement, then... Please, Lady Crexia, let me lead you to the Chief's office, then."

((OOC: Yeah, the off-brand part was not the part I was concerned with, it was the fact that it's a stolen image largely being presented as officially licensed. It's a trademark violation against Wizards of the Coast AND a copyright infringement against Steve Argyle. Art theft is a real pain to deal with.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:46 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin wrote:Colin smiled thinly, "Just remember, young man, that the ones least interested in politics are often the ones most at its mercy... Personally, I don't mind being being used as a tool, but I am much more efficient when I know whether they need a hammer or a screwdriver. And besides, you will need to cultivate a few friends in high places for your future plans, whatever those might be."

"You know your daughter said the same thing to me....although in a much more sinister tone." Serge said with a smile as well. "I'll do my best to remember that Sir. It's certainly not my best skill. But who knows, maybe I can improve in the future."

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Understood I will be ready and no going back when you have more information is not weird, and while this turned out not to be important, that do not meant finding out it is not important is not in itself important."
The Virtual Adept replied and shrugged.

"Yeah but those guys are in there discussing high level military strategy with genius level tactics. Even if it's important its gonna feel real pathetic interrupting their planning session with my unrelated intel." Serge said with a sigh.

"But that's just me whining. By the way, you should probably know in advance that your role in the mission's probably gonna be pretty standard. Disable alarms and watch our backs. Mr. Wainwright's probably gonna have more information when he officially asks you." he said with a final before looking in the direction of Master Morgan's office.

"And now I walk back the way I came." Serge said as he did as narrated and walked back towards the office he had just left.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:24 am

[Chief's Office]

He nodded, "In any case, she needs to be warned of our actions against her family, so she can keep herself out of the line of fire."

"This is true so by all means do contact her."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He frowned, but nodded, "We do have the address and the key to the place, so we'll not need to kick down the door, guns blazing. A bit of shotgun diplomacy, though, may well be called for, but I should rather we avoid needless collateral damage or casualties. The ghoul may be persuaded it's not worth throwing down their life for a... trifling possession their Master would lose anyway, after all."

"Yes hopefully this can be done without bloodshed."
The old magus said.
"But be aware that this guard might not be willing to cooperate, though at least hopefully you can keep them from being able to call in backup at least."

He frowned, "It is absolutely true that we would not have pinpointed Francis Milliner's location this quickly without Vera Milliner, whether she was conscious and willing to lend that aid is... a matter of semantics, really, and one which we do not really need to get all that deep into in dealing with the Prince."

"Indeed so."
Jeffry said.
"It is still true and we might as well give the young woman a bit of assurance that these troubles will not just sweep her away when she is released. But like I said I do what her interrogated first while we have her."

He smiled wryly, "I think the good doctor at the Umbral Port ought to be informed of the chap's location, at least. I have no problems with a little divide and conquer, as such, either."

"If this information should find it's way to this woman I am not against it."
Jeffry said simply but he did give a wry smile.

He shrugged, "I would think the Union is less likely to know about this one, really, as it seems to be something of a secret possession of the Giovanni family head. But he's been tortured by Fio Giovanni, and probably others, as stress more easily provokes his visions of what vampire society is up to..."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
The War Mage.
"And that we can retrieve this person without to much trouble and that we can convince him to cooperate with us despite his trauma, that he will realize we will not treat him in such a way."
He said and frowned.

"You know your daughter said the same thing to me....although in a much more sinister tone." Serge said with a smile as well. "I'll do my best to remember that Sir. It's certainly not my best skill. But who knows, maybe I can improve in the future."

"That is part of the point Mr Yager to improve, if I sat down and said oh but I do not have such a skill instead of teaching myself to develop it, I would be dead long ago. And yes little Miss Wainwright can be...sinister when she want to be."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.

[Upstairs]

He smiled thinly and typed back, 'The first part was to warn you, that you might avoid being pushed into any crossfire. Stay safe.'

"I will try to stay out of the frey if I can, thank you."
Was the reply you got.

He bowed quickly, but respectfully, "Hello again, Milady. I came looking for Mr. Sherman, but it appears he has left the apartment... We'll be rescuing the Giovanni's tortured oracle shortly, and I hoped to bring him along to deal with mundane alarms. Ah, also, Master Sharaya, I believe you may still be holding on to the key to the house where the oracle is? If I recall correctly, Mrs. Von Hess should have brought it back here?"
He smiled, "I expect he'll be down in the common room, or assisting in the basement, then... Please, Lady Crexia, let me lead you to the Chief's office, then."

"Yes Mr Sherman have left but he is currently in the Common room Mr Wainwright."
Narim said then he nodded and said.
"Ah yes the key one moment please, Mrs Von Hess did indeed confirm the address and returned the key."
He said and he ducked into his apartment for a moment and returned with the key and handed it to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"Be careful on your assignment please."
Narim urged.
"Do you need any more help for this mission Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked. Crexia nodded.
"Thank you my good man I do need to speak with Master Morgan please lead the way."

[Common Room]

"Yeah but those guys are in there discussing high level military strategy with genius level tactics. Even if it's important its gonna feel real pathetic interrupting their planning session with my unrelated intel." Serge said with a sigh.

"Genius level now? Well the thing is this kid, knowing the house is not about to fall down is as important as knowing it will not and knowing that this vampire is not something to bother with is actually important in order to form these tactics."
Jon said patiently.

"But that's just me whining. By the way, you should probably know in advance that your role in the mission's probably gonna be pretty standard. Disable alarms and watch our backs. Mr. Wainwright's probably gonna have more information when he officially asks you." he said with a final before looking in the direction of Master Morgan's office.

"Yes thank you for the heads up, I will be ready and yes you are just whining."
Jon said.
"Off you go."

"And now I walk back the way I came." Serge said as he did as narrated and walked back towards the office he had just left.

The Virtual Adept nodded as he put his tablet away again.
"Good luck."
You got back to Jeffry's office and the old Hermetic opened the door again.
"Ah Mr Yager did you need something?"
He said after he had made it past his other guests to let you back into his office."

(OOC: That is true.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 am

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"That is part of the point Mr Yager to improve, if I sat down and said oh but I do not have such a skill instead of teaching myself to develop it, I would be dead long ago. And yes little Miss Wainwright can be...sinister when she want to be."

"She certainly does make things interesting." Serge agreed.

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Genius level now? Well the thing is this kid, knowing the house is not about to fall down is as important as knowing it will not and knowing that this vampire is not something to bother with is actually important in order to form these tactics."
Jon said patiently.

"I know I know. Your right. I've already had that lesson beaten into me before." Serge conceded as he walked off to Master Morgan's office muttering to himself along the way. "Still wouldn't mind reporting something that was actually impressive sounding rather than subtly important."

Anja wrote:The Virtual Adept nodded as he put his tablet away again.
"Good luck."
You got back to Jeffry's office and the old Hermetic opened the door again.
He said after he had made it past his other guests to let you back into his office."

"Just came to update something I said earlier." Serge said entering the office. "I met Jon in the common room and asked him to check that red dot. Turns out it's a vampire who's been living there for 2 years now. Doesn't appear to be anything suspicious about him, although our investigation wasn't that extensive. It seems we just hadn't noticed him in all this time."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:47 am

[Common Room]

Ruin's little gift turned to clear little crystals, like the clear plastic sand used to get urine samples from cats and litter box trained rabbits, the sand just falling to the floor leaving your shoes spotless.
"No problem at all, I find having a decent spot remover on hand can be useful at times."

"Very useful. I might ask you to make me some of that sometime, if you got a chance and I could afford it."

[Cheif's Office]

He nodded to Adley, "Amicus... Ah, you can leave the book here, since your Pater wanted to look at it, too... I was headed upstairs, I believe Narim has the key to the house where the oracle is held."

"Alright," he said, taking the book out. "Pater, will you please put this somewhere for safekeeping, until we get a chance to examine it?" He offered the book out to him carefully. "Yes, he does last I knew unless it was used for dowsing."

"As for Dr Lee I called him when Mr Dahl exploded to help care for the wounded I suspect he have been to busy to call you back mea filius, he is still working in the basement."

"I didn't even know he was back. Well, yes he would be busy since then. It felt pretty bad, is...everyone going to be ok?"

"Hopefully as the target is the property of the leader of the Giovanni in the city and not by Mr Milliner there is a chance the Technocracy will never learn of the boy, we can hope but there is a chance the retrieval party will encounter them yes so we must be prepared for that."

He nodded.

He frowned, "Bugger, that's right, Mr. Yager is not to bring pencils, best let him know about that before we go..."

"Right, this is going to be difficult as he's been tortured and we can't unstake him, and I can't imagine the stakes he's got are not terribly done." He frowned. "We'll also need a car large enough for us to lay him flat probably, like we did in the van. What else do we need and whom?"

He nodded to Serge as he came in and shuffled aside to give him some room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:21 am

[Chief's Office]

"She certainly does make things interesting." Serge agreed.

"Well she is an ehm...interesting young lady, just do not do anything which will in her mind make you deserving of a good hard kick for she will not hesitate to dole them out."
Jeffry said wryly.

"Just came to update something I said earlier." Serge said entering the office. "I met Jon in the common room and asked him to check that red dot. Turns out it's a vampire who's been living there for 2 years now. Doesn't appear to be anything suspicious about him, although our investigation wasn't that extensive. It seems we just hadn't noticed him in all this time."

The old war mage nodded at that.
"Good that is one more problem which do not need to be dealt with right now, eventually we must have a talk with this vampire but for now he can wait."
He said with a pleased nod.

"Alright," he said, taking the book out. "Pater, will you please put this somewhere for safekeeping, until we get a chance to examine it?" He offered the book out to him carefully. "Yes, he does last I knew unless it was used for dowsing."

"Certainly, I will put it in my pocket realm it will be safe there."
Jeffry said and he carefully accepted the book, put it on his desk and made several hand gestures and muttered in Greek, the air before him became shimmering and he picket up the book and placed it carefully into that shimmering area, the book vanished and he performed the same casting to close the entrance to his pocket realm again.

"I didn't even know he was back. Well, yes he would be busy since then. It felt pretty bad, is...everyone going to be ok?"

"Yes...thanks to our healers, but it looked pretty grim for Miss Rozzo for a while, I the healers are still working on her and your sister...got hurt, she was healed but she got a concussion and an injured arm."
Jeffry said and his frown deepened.
"We where lucky no one died. I am sure Dr Lee will get back to you once he is done with his patients though."

"Right, this is going to be difficult as he's been tortured and we can't unstake him, and I can't imagine the stakes he's got are not terribly done." He frowned. "We'll also need a car large enough for us to lay him flat probably, like we did in the van. What else do we need and whom?"

"If he is kept staked that is and it is not done...as part of torture in which case...it will have to be done before he is brought here. It will be easier if you find him in that condition, as then we will not be harming him more, but in either case gaining the trust of someone who have been that hurt...is not easy. You will need some who can put up a fight if there is trouble, I also recommend Mr Yager for his skills with manipulating the mind that can be useful against guards, and perhaps also bring Mr Sherman along he is quite skilled when it comes to keeping track of spaces."
Jeffry said.
"As for a car, perhaps Mr Bridges will be in agreement to letting you borrow his truck again. He is still at Steelhaven I think."

[Common Room]

"I know I know. Your right. I've already had that lesson beaten into me before." Serge conceded as he walked off to Master Morgan's office muttering to himself along the way. "Still wouldn't mind reporting something that was actually impressive sounding rather than subtly important."

Jon raised an eyebrow but he did not comment but it seams he did not think you had learned your esson very well.

Very useful. I might ask you to make me some of that sometime, if you got a chance and I could afford it."

"Tell you what Sodalis what if I make you a bottle of this stain remover and you can pay me by walking Mundi sometimes when I am to busy in the lab to do so?"
Darrian suggested.
"It is not to hard to make once you make it past the basics of alchemy, it is off course just a outer representation of the Art but useful non the less."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:59 am

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"Well she is an ehm...interesting young lady, just do not do anything which will in her mind make you deserving of a good hard kick for she will not hesitate to dole them out."
Jeffry said wryly.

"I'll try my best." Serge said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:The old war mage nodded at that.
"Good that is one more problem which do not need to be dealt with right now, eventually we must have a talk with this vampire but for now he can wait."
He said with a pleased nod.

"I guess..." Serge said sounding uncertain about whether the vampire needed to be talked to at all. "I also told Jon about the potential upcoming mission. Didn't give him specific details though, since I assume there still being ironed out."

Adley wrote:He nodded to Serge as he came in and shuffled aside to give him some room.

"Hey, your here too." Serge said, smiling as he saw Adley. "Lot of people in this office now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:29 am

[Chief's Office]

"I'll try my best." Serge said with a chuckle.

"That would be wise apparently there are a few nurses out there with bruises in the form of footprints."
Jeffry said sounding a bit amused.
"If the kid was not Fallen she would have made a good Flambeau, then again i am not the one to talk since I apprenticed a widderslainte."

I guess..." Serge said sounding uncertain about whether the vampire needed to be talked to at all. "I also told Jon about the potential upcoming mission. Didn't give him specific details though, since I assume there still being ironed out."

"It is and thank you Mr Yager chances are Mr Shermann will be needed for the mission once the final details are figured out."
The war mage said and nodded.

"Hey, your here too." Serge said, smiling as he saw Adley. "Lot of people in this office now."

"It is and it is not a very big office but it will have to do."
Jeffry said as he sat down again in his chair and he regarded the rather crowded little room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:34 am

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Yet it will look weird indeed to outside view that we went to all the effort to take her in and not bother to ask a single question.'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'There are ways. We just think "how do we keep a secret?" and do the opposite to it. We do stuff to make sure everyone within the Traditions knows the story, and watch it bleed over to the Union side. While we lack hard proof, if our story fits the evidence the individual Mirrorshade knows, they may... wonder. Then they'll gossip. Some will end up questioning.' Nicole replied with a smirk.

Colin's Post:

'Not comparable - that does not have direct relevance to the situation. And I'll point out that as soon as something did have direct relevance, I did 'fess up.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:08 am

[Chief's Office]

'Yet it will look weird indeed to outside view that we went to all the effort to take her in and not bother to ask a single question.'

"Not just that Miss Bouchard but also while it seams like Miss Milliner most likely are not involved I would like that confirmed, and also even if she is not directly involved she could be in possession of information which would be useful to us non the less. I have however agreed for Mr Yager to try to talk with her in her dreams if it is time for that before she wakes up, instead of pulling the stake out, talking with her and then driving it back in once we are done, it will be a kinder way."
Jeffry said and nodded.

'There are ways. We just think "how do we keep a secret?" and do the opposite to it. We do stuff to make sure everyone within the Traditions knows the story, and watch it bleed over to the Union side. While we lack hard proof, if our story fits the evidence the individual Mirrorshade knows, they may... wonder. Then they'll gossip. Some will end up questioning.' Nicole replied with a smirk.

"Well at least rumors might reach the Union in such a way Miss Bouchard, but I am not so sure rumors in the Traditions will be generally believed in the Technocrazy."
The war mage said and he sounded a bit doubtful.

'Not comparable - that does not have direct relevance to the situation. And I'll point out that as soon as something did have direct relevance, I did 'fess up.'

Jeffry had finally had enough of this discussion and he looked at the two involved magi and said sternly.
"Miss Bouchard and Mr Wainwright while this is an important topic of discussion within your own Cabal, we do not have the time for this right now, may I recomend you take this to a Cabal meeting as it really concern no one else."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:52 am

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

'We don't have a smoking gun. The hardliners won't believe it anyway. But it will increase doubt amongst the ones who already have some, 'specially the ones who have some facts in front of them which fit the story. This could be the thing which makes a few Mirrorshades jump ship. It wouldn't be the first time, would it?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:16 pm

[Chief's Office]

We don't have a smoking gun. The hardliners won't believe it anyway. But it will increase doubt amongst the ones who already have some, 'specially the ones who have some facts in front of them which fit the story. This could be the thing which makes a few Mirrorshades jump ship. It wouldn't be the first time, would it?'

"I am certinly not against the attemnt, and hopefully something will come of it. I would be more comfortable if we could get a smoking gun though Miss Bouchard to be sure we get the bastards, however I will take what I can get."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"We can look into this plan to spread rumors if we can not find more direct ways to get Milliner and his assosiates, right now though we do not even know and most most likely he is the Union's captive."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:22 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'If we had that evidence, I'd say we'd need to copy it and send to every Mirrorshade we could find.' Nicole replied. 'But that scenario's unlikely.' a short pause as she pushed herself off the wall, clearly readying to leave. 'Anything else before I go off to prepare?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:32 pm

[Chief's Office]
Agreed and like I said I will take what I get, and first we have to sort this situation out then we can worry about revenge."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.
"No nothing further Miss Bouchard you may to and get ready for the mission."
The old Hermetic said with a nod dismissing the Etherite.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:15 pm

[Chief's Office]
Jeremy wrote:"You know your daughter said the same thing to me....although in a much more sinister tone." Serge said with a smile as well. "I'll do my best to remember that Sir. It's certainly not my best skill. But who knows, maybe I can improve in the future."
Anja wrote:"That is part of the point Mr Yager to improve, if I sat down and said oh but I do not have such a skill instead of teaching myself to develop it, I would be dead long ago. And yes little Miss Wainwright can be...sinister when she want to be."
Jeremy wrote:"She certainly does make things interesting." Serge agreed.
Anja wrote:"Well she is an ehm...interesting young lady, just do not do anything which will in her mind make you deserving of a good hard kick for she will not hesitate to dole them out."
Jeffry said wryly.
Jeremy wrote:"I'll try my best." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"That would be wise apparently there are a few nurses out there with bruises in the form of footprints."
"If the kid was not Fallen she would have made a good Flambeau, then again i am not the one to talk since I apprenticed a widderslainte."
Colin chuckled softly, "She can be a bit... dark at times, yes, and she does have a mean kick, though I'm sure the number of impacted nurses is slightly exaggerated..."
He smiled wryly, "And as for being a Flambeau, well... she was a Quaesitor in her prior life, but she did die like a Flambeau..."

Nicole wrote:'Yet it will look weird indeed to outside view that we went to all the effort to take her in and not bother to ask a single question.'
Anja wrote:"Not just that Miss Bouchard but also while it seams like Miss Milliner most likely are not involved I would like that confirmed, and also even if she is not directly involved she could be in possession of information which would be useful to us non the less. I have however agreed for Mr Yager to try to talk with her in her dreams if it is time for that before she wakes up, instead of pulling the stake out, talking with her and then driving it back in once we are done, it will be a kinder way."
Jeffry said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:Nicole nodded to this.
He nodded, "She will be questioned, but we will try to be as gentle in how we approach her as is viable..."

Nicole wrote:'There are ways. We just think "how do we keep a secret?" and do the opposite to it. We do stuff to make sure everyone within the Traditions knows the story, and watch it bleed over to the Union side. While we lack hard proof, if our story fits the evidence the individual Mirrorshade knows, they may... wonder. Then they'll gossip. Some will end up questioning.' Nicole replied with a smirk.
Anja wrote:"Well at least rumors might reach the Union in such a way Miss Bouchard, but I am not so sure rumors in the Traditions will be generally believed in the Technocrazy."
The war mage said and he sounded a bit doubtful.
Nicole wrote:'We don't have a smoking gun. The hardliners won't believe it anyway. But it will increase doubt amongst the ones who already have some, 'specially the ones who have some facts in front of them which fit the story. This could be the thing which makes a few Mirrorshades jump ship. It wouldn't be the first time, would it?'
Anja wrote:"I am certinly not against the attemnt, and hopefully something will come of it. I would be more comfortable if we could get a smoking gun though Miss Bouchard to be sure we get the bastards, however I will take what I can get."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"We can look into this plan to spread rumors if we can not find more direct ways to get Milliner and his assosiates, right now though we do not even know and most most likely he is the Union's captive."
Anja wrote:'If we had that evidence, I'd say we'd need to copy it and send to every Mirrorshade we could find.' Nicole replied. 'But that scenario's unlikely.' a short pause as she pushed herself off the wall, clearly readying to leave. 'Anything else before I go off to prepare?'
Nicole wrote:Agreed and like I said I will take what I get, and first we have to sort this situation out then we can worry about revenge."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.
"No nothing further Miss Bouchard you may to and get ready for the mission."
The old Hermetic said with a nod dismissing the Etherite.
He shrugged, "The easiest way would just be to let Dr. Terlitzer know that the Syndicate got to Milliner first, and locked him up at the Federal Reserve before we could question him, and that if they could extricate the answers to a handful of questions for us for confirmation, that would be appreciated... And, of course, namedrop Eric Dahl and Wallace Jace. I'm sure she'd be all too familiar with the latter, at least by reputation..."

Nicole wrote:'Not comparable - that does not have direct relevance to the situation. And I'll point out that as soon as something did have direct relevance, I did 'fess up.'
Anja wrote:Jeffry had finally had enough of this discussion and he looked at the two involved magi and said sternly.
"Miss Bouchard and Mr Wainwright while this is an important topic of discussion within your own Cabal, we do not have the time for this right now, may I recomend you take this to a Cabal meeting as it really concern no one else."
He nodded, "As you say, Sir. I'm sure we can stop picking at the topic for now."

Anja wrote:"Yes hopefully this can be done without bloodshed."
The old magus said.
"But be aware that this guard might not be willing to cooperate, though at least hopefully you can keep them from being able to call in backup at least."
He nodded, "A strong sedative or other means of knocking the ghoul out might be useful..."
He paused, looking at Nicole, "You didn't use violence with Vera Milliner or her household, think we can use the same method again?"

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
The War Mage.
"And that we can retrieve this person without to much trouble and that we can convince him to cooperate with us despite his trauma, that he will realize we will not treat him in such a way."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "It will take a little while, but he will come around... He'll just be very jumpy around pencils and chopsticks for a few years, I fear. Which reminds me, I will have to make a special stake for later. Ah, I have years until that will be needed, though..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Alright," he said, taking the book out. "Pater, will you please put this somewhere for safekeeping, until we get a chance to examine it?" He offered the book out to him carefully. "Yes, he does last I knew unless it was used for dowsing."
Anja wrote:"Certainly, I will put it in my pocket realm it will be safe there."
Jeffry said and he carefully accepted the book, put it on his desk and made several hand gestures and muttered in Greek, the air before him became shimmering and he picket up the book and placed it carefully into that shimmering area, the book vanished and he performed the same casting to close the entrance to his pocket realm again.
He nodded, "Lady Crexia may want to look at it later, too, but for now, that is no rush, I think."

S7trif3 wrote:"I didn't even know he was back. Well, yes he would be busy since then. It felt pretty bad, is...everyone going to be ok?"
Anja wrote:"Yes...thanks to our healers, but it looked pretty grim for Miss Rozzo for a while, I the healers are still working on her and your sister...got hurt, she was healed but she got a concussion and an injured arm."
"We where lucky no one died. I am sure Dr Lee will get back to you once he is done with his patients though."
He nodded, "Right now, I think the worst off may be Master Nassa, actually - I had to help provide a pint for him, as did Mr. Riez, and he'll need a few more pints before he's back to what can be considered a sustainable amount of blood in his system... Miss Rozzo was... quite badly injured."

S7trif3 wrote:"Right, this is going to be difficult as he's been tortured and we can't unstake him, and I can't imagine the stakes he's got are not terribly done." He frowned. "We'll also need a car large enough for us to lay him flat probably, like we did in the van. What else do we need and whom?"
Anja wrote:"If he is kept staked that is and it is not done...as part of torture in which case...it will have to be done before he is brought here. It will be easier if you find him in that condition, as then we will not be harming him more, but in either case gaining the trust of someone who have been that hurt...is not easy. You will need some who can put up a fight if there is trouble, I also recommend Mr Yager for his skills with manipulating the mind that can be useful against guards, and perhaps also bring Mr Sherman along he is quite skilled when it comes to keeping track of spaces."
Jeffry said.
"As for a car, perhaps Mr Bridges will be in agreement to letting you borrow his truck again. He is still at Steelhaven I think."
He frowned, "The apartment will likely have a body bag that's been used for the kid, and that should be sufficient sunproofing - his torturer enjoyed pulling a hand out through a tiny opening in the sunlight just to torment the poor kid, but that does suggest the bag itself is safe. Not well padded, though, but we can probably manage to drive carefully..."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:"Yes Mr Sherman have left but he is currently in the Common room Mr Wainwright."
Narim said then he nodded and said.
"Ah yes the key one moment please, Mrs Von Hess did indeed confirm the address and returned the key."
He said and he ducked into his apartment for a moment and returned with the key and handed it to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"Be careful on your assignment please."
Narim urged.
He nodded, "We will, and I will keep an eye on Adley, as well. It should be a fairly simple retrieval, though the sole guard is a ghoul, so that might pose a bit more of a challenge."

Anja wrote:"Do you need any more help for this mission Mr Wainwright?"
Hildegard asked. Crexia nodded.
"Thank you my good man I do need to speak with Master Morgan please lead the way."
He smiled to Hildegard, "I believe we will be covered - there's only so much room in a van in any case - but I will let you know if we need one more seasoned veteran to round out the team."
He gave another quick bow, then started leading Crexia down the stairs, speaking softly, "Ah, regarding the vampire I wrote about needing help with, I was informed, vaguely, after it was sent that the issue of Roman gods are a sensitive subject, though without any clarification. I will not pry, of course, and if you decide it is a non-topic, it is. But I would still need some aid in the proper ways to petition a deity to intercede on behalf of a vampire's soul... and you are the most qualified person I know on the subject."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:04 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin chuckled softly, "She can be a bit... dark at times, yes, and she does have a mean kick, though I'm sure the number of impacted nurses is slightly exaggerated..."
He smiled wryly, "And as for being a Flambeau, well... she was a Quaesitor in her prior life, but she did die like a Flambeau..."

"Yes you have told me who she was and she very much did die as a Flambeau."
Jeffry said with an acknowledging smile.
"As for nurses how many more of them would end up kicked if you did not vet all medical staff you let near her Mr Wainwright?"
He asked sounding a bit amused.

He nodded, "She will be questioned, but we will try to be as gentle in how we approach her as is viable..."

"Agreed."
The Security Chief said with a nod.

He shrugged, "The easiest way would just be to let Dr. Terlitzer know that the Syndicate got to Milliner first, and locked him up at the Federal Reserve before we could question him, and that if they could extricate the answers to a handful of questions for us for confirmation, that would be appreciated... And, of course, namedrop Eric Dahl and Wallace Jace. I'm sure she'd be all too familiar with the latter, at least by reputation..."

"I am not so sure this Progenitor will help us Mr Wainwright but I guess discretely letting her know the Syndicate have Milliner is acceptable and it could not hurt and we might get something out of it."
Jeffry said but he frowned clearly not thinking much of the esteemed Dr Terlitzer.

He nodded, "As you say, Sir. I'm sure we can stop picking at the topic for now."

The old Hermetic just nodded at that.

He nodded, "A strong sedative or other means of knocking the ghoul out might be useful..."

"Dr Lee might be able to help you with that Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied.

He nodded, "It will take a little while, but he will come around... He'll just be very jumpy around pencils and chopsticks for a few years, I fear. Which reminds me, I will have to make a special stake for later. Ah, I have years until that will be needed, though..."

"That is understandable, poor kid, if someone take him as a custos and he stay here we are going to have to make a room for him in the basement where he can feel safe."
The old war mage said and sigh.
"And yes the prediction you told me of are some years away still."

He nodded, "Lady Crexia may want to look at it later, too, but for now, that is no rush, I think."

Jeffry nodded at that.

He nodded, "Right now, I think the worst off may be Master Nassa, actually - I had to help provide a pint for him, as did Mr. Riez, and he'll need a few more pints before he's back to what can be considered a sustainable amount of blood in his system... Miss Rozzo was... quite badly injured."

I hope the Verbena Bastard get back on his feet soon, I will not make blood donation mandatory however I will make it clear that our best healer's well being is crucial for our security...how are Miss Rozzo doing now by the way?"
The Security Chief inquired.

He frowned, "The apartment will likely have a body bag that's been used for the kid, and that should be sufficient sunproofing - his torturer enjoyed pulling a hand out through a tiny opening in the sunlight just to torment the poor kid, but that does suggest the bag itself is safe. Not well padded, though, but we can probably manage to drive carefully..."

"I am almost regretting my orders not to harm this ghoul guard."
Jeffry said angrily.
"I see two problems with your plan Mr Wainwright, carrying a body bag from the place this young massassa are held and to a car could rise allot of questions you do not want to answer, also if you put the target into the same bag he was tortured in that might terrify him more and decrease the chance he will be of sound enough mind to talk with us."
The war mage commented with a doubtful tone to his voice.

[Upstairs]

He nodded, "We will, and I will keep an eye on Adley, as well. It should be a fairly simple retrieval, though the sole guard is a ghoul, so that might pose a bit more of a challenge."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright and yes that might pose a challenge, I have every confidence in Adley...and the rest of your abilities."
Narim said with a slight smile.
"But thank you for keeping an eye on him, your Cabalmate is...most dear to me..."

He smiled to Hildegard, "I believe we will be covered - there's only so much room in a van in any case - but I will let you know if we need one more seasoned veteran to round out the team."

"Very well Mr Wainwright, the offer still stand, I will go and see if I am needed with Chantry defenses in the meantime."
Hildegard said with a nod.

He gave another quick bow, then started leading Crexia down the stairs, speaking softly, "Ah, regarding the vampire I wrote about needing help with, I was informed, vaguely, after it was sent that the issue of Roman gods are a sensitive subject, though without any clarification. I will not pry, of course, and if you decide it is a non-topic, it is. But I would still need some aid in the proper ways to petition a deity to intercede on behalf of a vampire's soul... and you are the most qualified person I know on the subject."

Narim, Hildegard and Adjan said their goodbyes and you where on your way down the hallway with Crexia she almost missed a step at your question and there was some time before she replied.
"It is a...difficult topic."
She said and then she sigh.
"I have the experience to help you Mr Wainwright...but doing so will get awfully closed to personal matters I do not want widely known in the Traditions."
She said hesitantly.
"This vampire was an innocent?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"Yes you have told me who she was and she very much did die as a Flambeau."
Jeffry said with an acknowledging smile.
"As for nurses how many more of them would end up kicked if you did not vet all medical staff you let near her Mr Wainwright?"
He asked sounding a bit amused.
Colin grinned wryly, "A lot more, I fear... and we might not be as welcome in a number of hospitals in the greater Boston area, as a result..."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure this Progenitor will help us Mr Wainwright but I guess discretely letting her know the Syndicate have Milliner is acceptable and it could not hurt and we might get something out of it."
Jeffry said but he frowned clearly not thinking much of the esteemed Dr Terlitzer.
He smiled thinly, "I doubt she would be able, or necessarily willing, to get us the answers, but I do believe she would take the request seriously enough to investigate the truth of the matter for herself. She's lost patients to the plague; if she suspected someone within the Union was deliberately harbouring one of the people responsible for spreading it, I am certain she would go to quite impressive lengths to sort the matter out."

Anja wrote:I hope the Verbena Bastard get back on his feet soon, I will not make blood donation mandatory however I will make it clear that our best healer's well being is crucial for our security...how are Miss Rozzo doing now by the way?"
The Security Chief inquired.
He smiled cautiously, "I believe she will recover, given time - she had regained her usual basic shape, at least, by the time Master Nassa was done, though it was apparently quite touch-and-go for a while."

Anja wrote:"I am almost regretting my orders not to harm this ghoul guard."
Jeffry said angrily.
"I see two problems with your plan Mr Wainwright, carrying a body bag from the place this young massassa are held and to a car could rise allot of questions you do not want to answer, also if you put the target into the same bag he was tortured in that might terrify him more and decrease the chance he will be of sound enough mind to talk with us."
He shook his head, "We've still no reason to assume the guard is quite so torment-happy. The one who delighted in hurting the poor kid was Fio Giovanni, who is presently enjoying his incarceration and awaiting execution. The guard... well, we'll determine that when we get there."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:Narim, Hildegard and Adjan said their goodbyes and you where on your way down the hallway with Crexia she almost missed a step at your question and there was some time before she replied.
"It is a...difficult topic."
She said and then she sigh.
"I have the experience to help you Mr Wainwright...but doing so will get awfully closed to personal matters I do not want widely known in the Traditions."
She said hesitantly.
"This vampire was an innocent?"
He nodded, "My lips are sealed - whether I learn the truth or not. And yes, the vampire was an innocent... she was a Toreador, who Embraced a young woman of whom she was quite fond, in a moment of desperation following a suicide attempt. The lack of advance permission got them both chased from Chicago, and they wound up here... I... grossly underestimated the cone of sunlight I aimed at one vampire, and ended up with collateral casualties. The vampire whose soul I wish to plead for, and one who is recovering from her injuries in my personal care... I've kept the ashes of the fallen Toreador for this specific purpose..."
He frowned, "They were caught up in a horrid affair, and I carry the blame for what happened to them."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin grinned wryly, "A lot more, I fear... and we might not be as welcome in a number of hospitals in the greater Boston area, as a result..."

"Well I guess that is a small price to pay for earning the girl's trust, and it looks like she do trust you without question Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a bit of a smile.

He smiled thinly, "I doubt she would be able, or necessarily willing, to get us the answers, but I do believe she would take the request seriously enough to investigate the truth of the matter for herself. She's lost patients to the plague; if she suspected someone within the Union was deliberately harbouring one of the people responsible for spreading it, I am certain she would go to quite impressive lengths to sort the matter out."

"Very well you may speak with Dr Terlitzer about this but only at the Umbral Port in neutral territory and only if we find out it is likely that the money mongers are actually hiding Mr Milliner rather than holding him prisoner, let us not risk burning our credibility with this Progenitor as she might be useful to us."
The Chief said with a frown.

He smiled cautiously, "I believe she will recover, given time - she had regained her usual basic shape, at least, by the time Master Nassa was done, though it was apparently quite touch-and-go for a while."

"I see that do sound serious...perhaps we should try to offer some incentive to get Chantry members to do regular blood donations a few times a year so we have more in reserve for such situations...I will have to discuss it it the Deacon Council...I hope Master Nassa get what he need to recover though for just as he saved his former apprentice it is clear why we need him he can drag someone back from the brink of death."
Jeffry said with a concerned frown.

He shook his head, "We've still no reason to assume the guard is quite so torment-happy. The one who delighted in hurting the poor kid was Fio Giovanni, who is presently enjoying his incarceration and awaiting execution. The guard... well, we'll determine that when we get there."

"I have met those like him before...many times those who would torment those they see as lesser..."
The war mage said and the temperature rose slightly.
"I guess you are right...we will see indeed Mr Wainwright..."
He added after a while but his dark eyes had gotten even darker.

[Upstairs]

He nodded, "My lips are sealed - whether I learn the truth or not. And yes, the vampire was an innocent... she was a Toreador, who Embraced a young woman of whom she was quite fond, in a moment of desperation following a suicide attempt. The lack of advance permission got them both chased from Chicago, and they wound up here... I... grossly underestimated the cone of sunlight I aimed at one vampire, and ended up with collateral casualties. The vampire whose soul I wish to plead for, and one who is recovering from her injuries in my personal care... I've kept the ashes of the fallen Toreador for this specific purpose..."
He frowned, "They were caught up in a horrid affair, and I carry the blame for what happened to them."

Crexia was quiet for a while then she glanced around to see that no one was close enough to overhear.
"Very well, I do not like the idea of someone suffering for eternity just for being what they are...I aid you but you will have to swear to me that if you find out my secret you will tell no one Mr Wainwright...I assure you it is not illegal it is a personal matter I would like to stay personal, and also I can not guarantee that this endeavor will be safe, we will have to petition a major God, an Olympian, a Planetary Ruler and Gods can be cruel."
She said and there was a strange look in her eyes before she returned to her emotionless expression.
"But if these two conditions are understood my good man then I will aid you in this endeavor."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:39 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"That would be wise apparently there are a few nurses out there with bruises in the form of footprints."
Colin wrote:Colin chuckled softly, "She can be a bit... dark at times, yes, and she does have a mean kick, though I'm sure the number of impacted nurses is slightly exaggerated..."

"...Now I kinda wanna get kicked by her since everyone's hyping it up. Would be an interesting experience." Serge said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:"It is and thank you Mr Yager chances are Mr Shermann will be needed for the mission once the final details are figured out."
The war mage said and nodded.

"I assume I'm still on the mission as well?" Serge asked curiously. "If I am then I should prepare. Although I'm mostly ready to go. Do any of you guys have pictures of that vampire oracle or whoever is guarding him? It'd be nice if I could make some pictures in advance."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:24 pm

[Chief's Office]

"...Now I kinda wanna get kicked by her since everyone's hyping it up. Would be an interesting experience." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Do you think the idea of having a bone broken or fractured are fun child?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow and gave Serge a stern look.
"For I can assure you that while there are many things that hurt far more broken bones are not enjoyable."

"I assume I'm still on the mission as well?" Serge asked curiously. "If I am then I should prepare. Although I'm mostly ready to go. Do any of you guys have pictures of that vampire oracle or whoever is guarding him? It'd be nice if I could make some pictures in advance."

"You are indeed Mr Yager, we do not have a picture of the target but Mr Wainwright have met him in another timeline and he might be able to describe him to you, be careful in using your magick on him though, this boy have lost everything, I imagine he might not appreciate loosing control of his mind as well, and we do not want to make him more hostile towards us than he is already bound to be. Also as the target where tortured with small sharp wooden implements perhaps it would be wise if you stick to pens and charcoal on this mission Mr Yager."
The War Mage instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:56 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"Do you think the idea of having a bone broken or fractured are fun child?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow and gave Serge a stern look.
"For I can assure you that while there are many things that hurt far more broken bones are not enjoyable."

"I never said anything about fun. I said it'd be an interesting experience. I've never broken a bone before. Or have been kicked." Serge explained.

Anja wrote:"You are indeed Mr Yager, we do not have a picture of the target but Mr Wainwright have met him in another timeline and he might be able to describe him to you, be careful in using your magick on him though, this boy have lost everything, I imagine he might not appreciate loosing control of his mind as well, and we do not want to make him more hostile towards us than he is already bound to be. Also as the target where tortured with small sharp wooden implements perhaps it would be wise if you stick to pens and charcoal on this mission Mr Yager."
The War Mage instructed.

"No pencils then. That makes sense. I have some mechanical pencils I can use." Serge said with a nod, digging his hands into his pockets to see just how many writing utensils he had on him.

"And I don't really plan on using heavy magick on the oracle. Especially if he's been messed up as much as you say. Beyond just giving him a peaceful sleep if that's what planned again. It's the guards I'm more interested in. Speaking of....is the location of this oracle known?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:18 pm

[Common Room]

"Tell you what Sodalis what if I make you a bottle of this stain remover and you can pay me by walking Mundi sometimes when I am to busy in the lab to do so?"
Darrian suggested.
"It is not to hard to make once you make it past the basics of alchemy, it is off course just a outer representation of the Art but useful non the less."

"That sounds good to me," he said with a nod. "We can discuss it more later."

[Chief's Office]

"Certainly, I will put it in my pocket realm it will be safe there."
Jeffry said

"Thank you. It's above my paygrade, for sure but maybe it will be helpful later."

"Yes...thanks to our healers, but it looked pretty grim for Miss Rozzo for a while, I the healers are still working on her and your sister...got hurt, she was healed but she got a concussion and an injured arm."

"Damn bird," he said with a frown at hearing the extent of things. "I will be glad when she is no longer here at home but I bet she has something under her wing, I wouldn't be surprised. She's tricky and a menace, plus I don't think she likes me very much. Remind me to give you her Name, in case you didn't hear it, pater."

"Jesus," he said, shaking his head at the mental image that brought up.

"If he is kept staked that is and it is not done...as part of torture in which case...it will have to be done before he is brought here. It will be easier if you find him in that condition, as then we will not be harming him more, but in either case gaining the trust of someone who have been that hurt...is not easy. You will need some who can put up a fight if there is trouble, I also recommend Mr Yager for his skills with manipulating the mind that can be useful against guards, and perhaps also bring Mr Sherman along he is quite skilled when it comes to keeping track of spaces."
Jeffry said.
"I am almost regretting my orders not to harm this ghoul guard."
Jeffry said angrily.

"Maybe we can grab some blankets," he said, mentally making a list of how to get the vampire out and secured in the car without tumbling about. "As for the sunlight issue, we'll need to make sure where we put him doesn't get any sunlight. I might be able to help with that, but it depends on where he is put, and there might be an easier way," he said, thinking out loud.

"Yes," he said with a nod back. He didn't seem to like the crowded condition but was used to it, and stood sipping coffee and looking tired already. "Anyone have anything to eat?" he asked. "I need something before I go out again." Then he said, "Jon can help us with their security system, I hope. Unless it's something mystical, at least and keep an eye out for any Technocrats, just in case."

"You are indeed Mr Yager, we do not have a picture of the target but Mr Wainwright have met him in another timeline and he might be able to describe him to you, be careful in using your magick on him though, this boy have lost everything, I imagine he might not appreciate loosing control of his mind as well, and we do not want to make him more hostile towards us than he is already bound to be. Also as the target where tortured with small sharp wooden implements perhaps it would be wise if you stick to pens and charcoal on this mission Mr Yager."
The War Mage instructed.
"No pencils then. That makes sense. I have some mechanical pencils I can use." Serge said with a nod, digging his hands into his pockets to see just how many writing utensils he had on him.

"That's wise, I heard that he's going to be scared of stake-shaped things including pencils and pens so that might be hard for you to draw around him." He sighed and then said, "I can start working up a shield beforehand, just in case but it seems we won't have much time to prepare. Anything else we need?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:40 pm

[Common Room]

"That sounds good to me," he said with a nod. "We can discuss it more later."

"Agreed."
Darrian said with a nod.
"We can discuss the details later Sodalis."

[Chief's Office]

"I never said anything about fun. I said it'd be an interesting experience. I've never broken a bone before. Or have been kicked." Serge explained.

Jeffry sigh and shook his head.
"Seers of Chronos."
He muttered under his breath before he addressed Serge again.
"Just make sure your search for interesting experiences do not endanger anyone else young man."

"And I don't really plan on using heavy magick on the oracle. Especially if he's been messed up as much as you say. Beyond just giving him a peaceful sleep if that's what planned again. It's the guards I'm more interested in. Speaking of....is the location of this oracle known?"

"No pencils indeed Mr Yager and only send the target to sleep using your magick if he agree to it, not by force, as for the guard that is another matter they are an enemy combatant and if you can take them down by making them...step to the side then so be it, that will just be safer for your team."
The war mage said with a nod.

"Thank you. It's above my paygrade, for sure but maybe it will be helpful later."

"Yes I suspect that it will at that mea filius."
Jeffry agreed as he closed the portal to his pocket realm.

"Damn bird," he said with a frown at hearing the extent of things. "I will be glad when she is no longer here at home but I bet she has something under her wing, I wouldn't be surprised. She's tricky and a menace, plus I don't think she likes me very much. Remind me to give you her Name, in case you didn't hear it, pater."

"Well she is an Entropic spirit of ruin and you have a affinity for higher things there is no wonder she do not like you mea filius."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"Her name will be useful when I banish her indeed, Mr Wainwright have asked to be allowed a few words with her before I do so."
Your Mentor said.
"But yes I am pretty sure she have some plan, and I intend to foil it even if she is a clever creature."

"Jesus," he said, shaking his head at the mental image that brought up.

"The young lady is fortunate to be alive."
Jeffry said with a concerned frown.

"Maybe we can grab some blankets," he said, mentally making a list of how to get the vampire out and secured in the car without tumbling about. "As for the sunlight issue, we'll need to make sure where we put him doesn't get any sunlight. I might be able to help with that, but it depends on where he is put, and there might be an easier way," he said, thinking out loud.

"Blankets might help and so might your magick mea filius but these beings are very sensitive to the sun so you need to be careful, we need this boy alive."
Your Mentor replied.

"Yes," he said with a nod back. He didn't seem to like the crowded condition but was used to it, and stood sipping coffee and looking tired already. "Anyone have anything to eat?" he asked. "I need something before I go out again." Then he said, "Jon can help us with their security system, I hope. Unless it's something mystical, at least and keep an eye out for any Technocrats, just in case."

Jeffry handed you a bag of the nut mix he enjoyed, the one he had previously offered to Colin.
"I have this, and yes I suspect Mr Sherman can help with security systems, the man is quite skilled with what he do, even if I forget he is there half the time."

"That's wise, I heard that he's going to be scared of stake-shaped things including pencils and pens so that might be hard for you to draw around him." He sighed and then said, "I can start working up a shield beforehand, just in case but it seems we won't have much time to prepare. Anything else we need?"

"I have some artist's coal, that might be a good tool to draw with around the target."
Jeffry said and he rummaged around one of his drawers and tossed a package of coal sticks over to Serge.
"Will these do young man?"
He asked then he turned to his apprentice.
"Working up a shield beforehand is probably a good idea mea filius, better safe than sorry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:05 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:Jeffry sigh and shook his head.
"Seers of Chronos."
He muttered under his breath before he addressed Serge again.
"Just make sure your search for interesting experiences do not endanger anyone else young man."

"I will. Don't worry." Serge assured the elder mage.

Anja wrote:"No pencils indeed Mr Yager and only send the target to sleep using your magick if he agree to it, not by force, as for the guard that is another matter they are an enemy combatant and if you can take them down by making them...step to the side then so be it, that will just be safer for your team."
The war mage said with a nod.

"That's how we did it for the last mission." Serge said glancing at Nicole. "Forced them asleep at a distance and then just walked in. Making them 'step to the side' is also doable in a variety of ways depending on what type of guards they are."

Adley wrote:"That's wise, I heard that he's going to be scared of stake-shaped things including pencils and pens so that might be hard for you to draw around him." He sighed and then said, "I can start working up a shield beforehand, just in case but it seems we won't have much time to prepare. Anything else we need?"
Anja wrote:"I have some artist's coal, that might be a good tool to draw with around the target."
Jeffry said and he rummaged around one of his drawers and tossed a package of coal sticks over to Serge.
"Will these do young man?"
He asked then he turned to his apprentice.
"Working up a shield beforehand is probably a good idea mea filius, better safe than sorry."

"I haven't use these in a while." Serge said catching the coal sticks and looking at the package. "Can't say there my favorite instrument in the world. But they should be fine."

"As for things we need. A layout of the building where the oracle is being held in would be nice. Is that something we have?" he asked, looking around at the group.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next