Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 16 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes we got lucky but we can not continue to assume luck will carry us to victory Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a frown.
Colin nodded, "Even if we make luck for ourselves, we can't rely on it; our enemies have manufacturers of good fortune, too."

Anja wrote:"I do think it was the exploding Nephandus' fault Sir."
Helena said with a little smile.
"Well please do not let me keep you I just wanted to say hello since I thought I had not done so...and I should check on my apprentice anyway."
He smiled wryly, "In this case, the bird is indeed the word. And your apprentice is doing fine, babysitting with his uncle and a basked of cinnamon rolls courtesy of our Deacon Primus. But yes, someone should probably visit and reassure everyone that the earth shattering kaboom has been sorted out. Best... not let on how severe some of the injuries were just yet, though."

[Jeffry's office]
Anja wrote:"Well now that would take the fun out of drinking and the anticipation out of a good meal."
Jeffry said sounding a bit amused.
"Ah yes diabetes...that is what they call it now, one of my friends as a child died from it, they called it honey sickness since the patient's urine would smell like honey and they would get worse from sweets, few with the illness lived more than a few months after it was diagnosed back then there and there really was nothing one could do other than modify diet, and yes it do seam that sugar is all to popular these days."
He nodded, "There are two types, I believe, one which is treated mainly through dietary adjustments and medications to help control blood sugar, and one type which requires injecting a vital fluid the patient no longer produces themselves, owing to an unanticipated organ failure. The former, as I understand it, is the one generally considered caused by age and poor dietary choices, the latter... I don't know."

Anja wrote:"Ruin saved her bonded from Gilgul, that might give some satisfaction but I would not think the lessen the blow much. Yes those Syndicate members who expand their Paradigms to include spirits often get good at making deals with them but still that expansion are a bit...unusual and yes the Union do not accept their members dealing with Spirits."
The Chief said.
"Well be that what it may getting a familiar spirit are hardly Mr Dahl's greatest crime against the Union's laws."
He nodded, "Well, once we're done here, I'll let her know Dahl's last message, and that I'm afraid I can't make a compact with her in her present form."

Anja wrote:"Yes off course."
Jeffy said and he took a sip from his coffee cup as you called Dino.

You made the call and the werewolf quickly picked up.
"Ah Colin...sorry to disturb you but something have come up, ehm a woman came to the hospital a few moments ago, asking to see me or Dr Boudavich, I was available and she smells...just like Anna but this woman, she looks to be around 45, but her eyes say she is far older. She says she is here to donate blood which must be sent to the old factory outside of town, the one my pack suspect is a nest of mages, if you will excuse the term, she want to donate blood but only will allow me or Dr Boudavich to draw it, the whole situation are rather strange...do you know what this is about?"
Dino asked he sounded skeptical.
"She do know I am a children's cardiologist not a bio tech right? And Dr Boudavich are a psychiatrist there are those far more skilled in this hospital, and to deliver the blood to this old, abandoned factory...ok I am not getting my nose to close to the fireballs Colin so I will not ask for details you can not give me but is this legit? Should I agree to this odd request?"
The shapechanger sounded rather confused and skeptical.
He arched an eyebrow, "Er, slow down a little, Dino... When you say she smells just like Anna, how do you mean?"
He paused for just a second, then grinned wryly, "Does she, perhaps, look a lot like Anna, except some thirty years older? Like a very strong family resemblance, like you would expect her mother or aunt to look? Perhaps sporting a tattoo, or wearing what appears to be hand-embroidered clothes?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 16 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:41 pm

[Jeffrey's Office]

Nicole gave a final nod to Narim, heading out and over to the Chief's office. On reaching it, she'll knock on the door.

[No, there's nothing else she needs to do with Narim]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:54 pm

[Common Room]

Colin nodded, "Even if we make luck for ourselves, we can't rely on it; our enemies have manufacturers of good fortune, too."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright indeed so."
Jeffry agreed.

He smiled wryly, "In this case, the bird is indeed the word. And your apprentice is doing fine, babysitting with his uncle and a basked of cinnamon rolls courtesy of our Deacon Primus. But yes, someone should probably visit and reassure everyone that the earth shattering kaboom has been sorted out. Best... not let on how severe some of the injuries were just yet, though."

"I see no reason to say anything other than that we are all alive and will be well."
Helena said then she nodded.
"I am glad the boy is making himself useful then, but yes someone should check up on them...well then if you excuse me Pater...Mr Wainwright?"
The Hermetic said politely.

[Jeffry's office]

He nodded, "There are two types, I believe, one which is treated mainly through dietary adjustments and medications to help control blood sugar, and one type which requires injecting a vital fluid the patient no longer produces themselves, owing to an unanticipated organ failure. The former, as I understand it, is the one generally considered caused by age and poor dietary choices, the latter... I don't know."

"Hum...interesting, I did not know that, two types eh...well I guess it is the more serious version which killed my friend then, since changing his diet did not help allot."
The Chief said with a sigh.
"I am glad they can treat the sickness now, I guess the Union are good for something...not much but something."
He added and scowled.

He nodded, "Well, once we're done here, I'll let her know Dahl's last message, and that I'm afraid I can't make a compact with her in her present form."

"Very well, and you can tell her I will not let her physical form suffer."
Jeffry said firmly.

He arched an eyebrow, "Er, slow down a little, Dino... When you say she smells just like Anna, how do you mean?"
He paused for just a second, then grinned wryly, "Does she, perhaps, look a lot like Anna, except some thirty years older? Like a very strong family resemblance, like you would expect her mother or aunt to look? Perhaps sporting a tattoo, or wearing what appears to be hand-embroidered clothes?"

"Yes indeed she look very much like Anna so I would not be surprised if she was the girl's mother or aunt and by smell like her I mean she smell like her, everyone smell a certain way and this women smell like your daughter. I do not know about handmade clothes but she have a tattoo on her right forearm."
Dino said then he asked.
"Do you know this woman? Who is she?"

Nicole gave a final nod to Narim, heading out and over to the Chief's office. On reaching it, she'll knock on the door.

Nicole and Serge got to the Chief's office and knocked on the door. As Colin spoke with Dino over the phone the Chief got up, manovered around the Orphan's chair and went to open the door.
"Ah Mr Yager, Miss Bouchard I assume this is about the current issues, please come in."
The old Hermetic said and he indicated that you could enter his office. You both saw Colin in there on his phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:09 pm

[Jeffry's office]

Anja wrote:Nicole and Serge got to the Chief's office and knocked on the door. As Colin spoke with Dino over the phone the Chief got up, manovered around the Orphan's chair and went to open the door.
"Ah Mr Yager, Miss Bouchard I assume this is about the current issues, please come in."
The old Hermetic said and he indicated that you could enter his office. You both saw Colin in there on his phone.

"Just have a few minor things I wanted to report to you. We already told Master Sharaya but he recommended that we tell you as soon as we could." Serge said with a nod entering into the office and smiling at Colin when he saw him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:40 pm

[Jeffry's Room]

"Very well what is it that Master Sharaya thought you should tell me Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.
There where only one more chair in front of the Chief's desk.
"Come in close the door and let me know what is on your mind...unless it is private then it can wait until we are done here and we can talk under two eyes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:49 pm

[Jeffry's Room]

Anja wrote:"Very well what is it that Master Sharaya thought you should tell me Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.
"Come in close the door and let me know what is on your mind...unless it is private then it can wait until we are done here and we can talk under two eyes."

"Just wanted to report a potential person of interest found nearby the chantry. Especially with the plague carrying vampire around, this info could either be incredibly important or nothing at all. Would that be considered a private?" Serge asked taking a seat.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:55 pm

[Jeffry's Room]

"I am sure it would do no harm if Mr Wainwright and Miss Bouchard hears but probably best to wait until Mr Wainwright is done with his phone call as we do not know who is on the other end of that."
Jeffry said.
"Come in I am sure he is done with his call soon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

Serge having snagged the only other chair, Nicole propped herself up against the wall once she'd removed her carbine from her back and leant it up against something nearby.

'Reporting that the last mission went without a hitch, though a little close; almost ran into a Union group with the same mission - we think - on the way out.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:59 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"I see no reason to say anything other than that we are all alive and will be well."
Helena said then she nodded.
"I am glad the boy is making himself useful then, but yes someone should check up on them...well then if you excuse me Pater...Mr Wainwright?"
The Hermetic said politely.
Colin bowed lightly, "Ah, in case you're a bit uncertain about which apartment it is..."
He quickly gave Helena directions to Kyle's room.

[Jeffry's office]
Anja wrote:"Very well, and you can tell her I will not let her physical form suffer."
Jeffry said firmly.
He nodded, "Thank you, Sir."

Anja wrote:"Yes indeed she look very much like Anna so I would not be surprised if she was the girl's mother or aunt and by smell like her I mean she smell like her, everyone smell a certain way and this women smell like your daughter. I do not know about handmade clothes but she have a tattoo on her right forearm."
Dino said then he asked.
"Do you know this woman? Who is she?"
He cracked a small smile, then started chuckling softly, "Do as she asks, it's perfectly alright; just ask her if, when she's in the area anyway, she might at least let her old dad know directly instead of by proxy like this... It is Anna, she'll be quite the adept time traveller in the fullness of time, and she's done this before, back on weekend when we raided that polyp."
He cleared his throat, "Ahem, but seriously, though - she is running quite the risk by doing this, looping back in the timeline. Whatever you do, do not inquire about the future, because Time is a fickle mistress; if she offers foreknowledge, accept it, but do not pry."

Anja wrote:Nicole and Serge got to the Chief's office and knocked on the door. As Colin spoke with Dino over the phone the Chief got up, manovered around the Orphan's chair and went to open the door.
Jeremy wrote:"Just have a few minor things I wanted to report to you. We already told Master Sharaya but he recommended that we tell you as soon as we could." Serge said with a nod entering into the office and smiling at Colin when he saw him.
Anja wrote:"Very well what is it that Master Sharaya thought you should tell me Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Just wanted to report a potential person of interest found nearby the chantry. Especially with the plague carrying vampire around, this info could either be incredibly important or nothing at all. Would that be considered a private?" Serge asked taking a seat.
Anja wrote:"I am sure it would do no harm if Mr Wainwright and Miss Bouchard hears but probably best to wait until Mr Wainwright is done with his phone call as we do not know who is on the other end of that."
Jeffry said.
Anja wrote:Serge having snagged the only other chair, Nicole propped herself up against the wall once she'd removed her carbine from her back and leant it up against something nearby.

'Reporting that the last mission went without a hitch, though a little close; almost ran into a Union group with the same mission - we think - on the way out.'
He grinned as he hung up, still sniggering slightly, "I'm sorry, but Anna decided to pay a visit to her old cardiologist on the day Freddy most desperately needs a blood transfusion... She'll give that certain old gent even more grey hairs than I do, I'm afraid... I'll make sure to teach her how to make those mint candies as soon as Master Steelhaven gives me his recipe, I think."
He cleared his throat and looked up at Serge and Nicole, "Ah, my pardon, my daughter's cardiologist needed an urgent word, poor fellow was confused by an adult smelling like my daughter."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:34 pm

[Jeffry's Room]

Anja wrote:"I am sure it would do no harm if Mr Wainwright and Miss Bouchard hears but probably best to wait until Mr Wainwright is done with his phone call as we do not know who is on the other end of that."
Jeffry said.
Nicole wrote:'Reporting that the last mission went without a hitch, though a little close; almost ran into a Union group with the same mission - we think - on the way out.'

Serge nodded and entered the room, taking a seat in the place Master Morgan indicated. "We have a video of those Union guys who chased us, if you want to see it."

Colin wrote:He cleared his throat and looked up at Serge and Nicole, "Ah, my pardon, my daughter's cardiologist needed an urgent word, poor fellow was confused by an adult smelling like my daughter."

"He recognized the scent of your daughter on an adult? That's one sensitive nose he's got there." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:55 pm

[Common Room]

Colin bowed lightly, "Ah, in case you're a bit uncertain about which apartment it is..."
He quickly gave Helena directions to Kyle's room.

"Ah thank you Mr Wainwright, I was going to call my student to get the number of the room he is in."
Helena said and smiled.

[Chief's Office]

Serge having snagged the only other chair, Nicole propped herself up against the wall once she'd removed her carbine from her back and leant it up against something nearby.

"I was given a rapport from Mr Riez and my student about how the mission went Miss Bouchard, it seams the objective was achieved with no casualties which is good. Do you have anything to add to that?"
Jeffry asked simply.

He nodded, "Thank you, Sir."

"It is the only right thigh to do."
The old Hermetic said softly.

He cracked a small smile, then started chuckling softly, "Do as she asks, it's perfectly alright; just ask her if, when she's in the area anyway, she might at least let her old dad know directly instead of by proxy like this... It is Anna, she'll be quite the adept time traveller in the fullness of time, and she's done this before, back on weekend when we raided that polyp."
He cleared his throat, "Ahem, but seriously, though - she is running quite the risk by doing this, looping back in the timeline. Whatever you do, do not inquire about the future, because Time is a fickle mistress; if she offers foreknowledge, accept it, but do not pry."

"Are you telling me this woman is Anna...from the future? I guess that explains why she asked for me...I hope her phobia do not bother her as much anymore...ehm...in the future...this is giving me a headache."
Dino said then he sigh.
"Ah the polyp...not a fond memory...I will do as ask ask, and listen to what she have to say but not pry...I take it there is great need then since she would take such a chance."

He grinned as he hung up, still sniggering slightly, "I'm sorry, but Anna decided to pay a visit to her old cardiologist on the day Freddy most desperately needs a blood transfusion... She'll give that certain old gent even more grey hairs than I do, I'm afraid... I'll make sure to teach her how to make those mint candies as soon as Master Steelhaven gives me his recipe, I think."

"So your apprentice have decided to pay us a little visit from the future then? And I guess that mean that Miss Adlebloom is the key to stopping this plague then? As for that old gentleman, well he is not one to trifle with but like father like daughter it seams."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.

Serge nodded and entered the room, taking a seat in the place Master Morgan indicated. "We have a video of those Union guys who chased us, if you want to see it."

"Unless these moving pictures are tactically relevant for the tasks ahead I am not sure that will help Mr Yager, but now that Mr Wainwright are done with his conversation with Dr...Hernandez was it? If I do not have the man's name wrong, perhaps you can tell me what needed my attention young man."
The Security Chief said and he sipped his coffee.
"As can I offer any of you a cup?"
He asked and indicated his coffee mug with a gesture.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"Unless these moving pictures are tactically relevant for the tasks ahead I am not sure that will help Mr Yager, but now that Mr Wainwright are done with his conversation with Dr...Hernandez was it? If I do not have the man's name wrong, perhaps you can tell me what needed my attention young man."

"While we were heading towards the location of the mission, I saw something interesting on Jon's radar app." Serge began. "About a 5 minute drive from the chantry the radar showed a red dot occupying one of the buildings. Red dots like that represent a non-living non-spiritual being with higher mental capacities. Typically they represent vampires. It's likely a vampire moved into into one of the buildings near the chantry."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:24 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin's Post:

'Cardiologist? Smelling your daughter?' Nicole repeated, clearly confused. 'Did my brain kinda log out there for a moment and I missed the bit which made that make sense?'

Anja's Post:

'We recovered two phones and one laptop - they're being searched through for any more leads. Also going to attempt a recovery from their two cars.' she answered, then remembered it was the Chief she was talking to. 'In short, do the same thing which gave us the target address last time.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:47 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"Are you telling me this woman is Anna...from the future? I guess that explains why she asked for me...I hope her phobia do not bother her as much anymore...ehm...in the future...this is giving me a headache."
Dino said then he sigh.
"Ah the polyp...not a fond memory...I will do as ask ask, and listen to what she have to say but not pry...I take it there is great need then since she would take such a chance."
Colin smiled warmly, "She got the tattoo as a reward she herself chose after she gave Freddy a blood transfusion to help with birth complications, a number of years in the future. She will conquer her fear, given time. But she'll still want to rely on doctors she has trusted for a long time; take it as a good sign that you will remain in her good graces for life. And yes, there is great need, that's all I can say right now."

Anja wrote:"So your apprentice have decided to pay us a little visit from the future then? And I guess that mean that Miss Adlebloom is the key to stopping this plague then? As for that old gentleman, well he is not one to trifle with but like father like daughter it seams."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, then frowned, "Yes... the plague was made from Freddy... from tissue samples the Union stole from her while she was a prisoner of theirs. Dr. Hadermann will be bringing all her stolen nerve tissues back to her... it will be messy and dangerous, but it will be successful, and she will survive and stay in good health. We're ending the plague as soon as all the materials are in place. Freddy is... enjoying the remainder of the day with Fran, doing and eating whatever she wants, barring alcohol, obviously."
He grinned, "And yes, very much like father like daughter."

Anja wrote:"Unless these moving pictures are tactically relevant for the tasks ahead I am not sure that will help Mr Yager, but now that Mr Wainwright are done with his conversation with Dr...Hernandez was it? If I do not have the man's name wrong, perhaps you can tell me what needed my attention young man."
He looked up at Jeffry quickly, "it's Dr. Acevedo, actually, Sir."

Jeremy wrote:"He recognized the scent of your daughter on an adult? That's one sensitive nose he's got there." Serge said with a smile.
Nicole wrote:'Cardiologist? Smelling your daughter?' Nicole repeated, clearly confused. 'Did my brain kinda log out there for a moment and I missed the bit which made that make sense?'
He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, and thought back for a moment, "Same doctor as the one I spoke with in the car... Hm, I think I did mention he's a werewolf then... or did I forget to mention that at the time?"

((OOC: Had to search a bit for Dino's last name - found it at this post in the first thread of this arc. ))

((OOC2: Pretty sure Dino called while Colin and Nicole were driving, but don't recall whether Colin specified what Dino is at the time. May have, might not...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:56 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin's Post:

'Oh, him.' Nicole replied. 'But smelling people is still really weird...'

[What makes you think Nick would know what the hell a 'Cardiologist' is?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:59 pm

[Chief's Office]

"While we were heading towards the location of the mission, I saw something interesting on Jon's radar app." Serge began. "About a 5 minute drive from the chantry the radar showed a red dot occupying one of the buildings. Red dots like that represent a non-living non-spiritual being with higher mental capacities. Typically they represent vampires. It's likely a vampire moved into into one of the buildings near the chantry."

"Well now that is what we need more Massassa, well we do not know if that is what this mysterious red dot represent, there are several undead critters in existence, but vampires are by far the most common among them."
The Chief said and he did not seams to pleased over the news.
"Well we can deal with this dot later, it will have to be dealt with but are probably not related to our current issues."

We recovered two phones and one laptop - they're being searched through for any more leads. Also going to attempt a recovery from their two cars.' she answered, then remembered it was the Chief she was talking to. 'In short, do the same thing which gave us the target address last time.'

The Chief looked rather confused about the talk about cars and phones but when you explained it was to try to get intel the same way as before he nodded.
"That seams reasonable Miss Bouchard let me know what comes of that."

Colin smiled warmly, "She got the tattoo as a reward she herself chose after she gave Freddy a blood transfusion to help with birth complications, a number of years in the future. She will conquer her fear, given time. But she'll still want to rely on doctors she has trusted for a long time; take it as a good sign that you will remain in her good graces for life. And yes, there is great need, that's all I can say right now."

"That is good to hear, and I will make sure the donation is done in a private room so she will feel comfortable and be as careful as I can and then have the blood shipped to the abandoned factory by a member of my own pack, there is no one I trust more, and yes I am glad to have gotten into the young lady's good graces."
Dino said but he sounded a bit confused still.
"Making friends with mages complicate things."
He muttered to no one in particular.

He nodded, then frowned, "Yes... the plague was made from Freddy... from tissue samples the Union stole from her while she was a prisoner of theirs. Dr. Hadermann will be bringing all her stolen nerve tissues back to her... it will be messy and dangerous, but it will be successful, and she will survive and stay in good health. We're ending the plague as soon as all the materials are in place. Freddy is... enjoying the remainder of the day with Fran, doing and eating whatever she wants, barring alcohol, obviously."
He grinned, "And yes, very much like father like daughter."

"Hum...I hope your prediction is right and that Miss Adlebloom will recover and this will be the end of the illness, we have to do our best to figure out what is happening in the meantime though, just to be sure and also to make sure the responsible parties can not try a similar thing again."
Jeffry said with a concerned voice.
"But I do hope Dr Hadermann's plan works, with not to much trauma to Miss Adlebloom."

He looked up at Jeffry quickly, "it's Dr. Acevedo, actually, Sir."

"Ah yes, sorry I knew the man had a Spanish name, I misremembered."
The Hermetic replied with a nod.
"At least he was not here to catch the insult."
He added with a bit of a smile.

(OOC: Yeah I remember his name but Jeffry did not since he have never met the man.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:04 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"That is good to hear, and I will make sure the donation is done in a private room so she will feel comfortable and be as careful as I can and then have the blood shipped to the abandoned factory by a member of my own pack, there is no one I trust more, and yes I am glad to have gotten into the young lady's good graces."
Dino said but he sounded a bit confused still.
"Making friends with mages complicate things."
He muttered to no one in particular.
Colin grinned, "True, but I do hope the benefits outweigh the headaches, if only marginally?"

Anja wrote:"Well now that is what we need more Massassa, well we do not know if that is what this mysterious red dot represent, there are several undead critters in existence, but vampires are by far the most common among them."
"Well we can deal with this dot later, it will have to be dealt with but are probably not related to our current issues."
He perked up an ear, "Er, just to be completely clear - the building in question is not my shop, is it?"

Anja wrote:"Hum...I hope your prediction is right and that Miss Adlebloom will recover and this will be the end of the illness, we have to do our best to figure out what is happening in the meantime though, just to be sure and also to make sure the responsible parties can not try a similar thing again."
Jeffry said with a concerned voice.
"But I do hope Dr Hadermann's plan works, with not to much trauma to Miss Adlebloom."
He frowned, "Less of a prediction, more of a declaration to the Fates, I suppose... I'll be doing some additional scrying once I have a breather, to look ahead at what complications may arise, and what else needs shoring up before we get started..."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, him.' Nicole replied. 'But smelling people is still really weird...'
He grinned, "I'm fairly certain he doesn't literally go around sniffing his patients, you know - he's just got a quite remarkable sense of smell. Sort of like how, say, some blind people can tell their friends apart by the sound of their footsteps and the smell of their after-shave."

((OOC: Touché, Nick. Touché.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:12 pm

[Chief's Office]

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, and thought back for a moment, "Same doctor as the one I spoke with in the car... Hm, I think I did mention he's a werewolf then... or did I forget to mention that at the time?"

"A werewolf heart surgeon! What the heck that sounds awesome! Why do you know all the cool people!" Serge said, seeming excited about that revelation.

Colin wrote:He perked up an ear, "Er, just to be completely clear - the building in question is not my shop, is it?"

"I took a look at the building when we drove past. I'm pretty sure it wasn't your shop. I would've recognized it." he said thinking back to the building.

Anja wrote:"Well now that is what we need more Massassa, well we do not know if that is what this mysterious red dot represent, there are several undead critters in existence, but vampires are by far the most common among them."

"That's similar to what Master Sharaya said as well." Serge said with a nod. "That's all I have to report. If you don't mine me asking, what's the next planned course of action? Master Sharaya mentioned that the location of Mr. Milliner was found. Are you guys going after him next?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'I disagree, sir. As you said yourself - "probably not related". What if it is? Think this calls for a look now, if only to make sure it and the Giovanni ain't linked.'

Colin's Post:

Serge's Post:

'That's... a good point. I wasn't looking at it, 'cos I was busy driving.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

Anja's Post:

'What? When did we learn of this?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:08 am

[Common Room]

"Yes it would surprise me more if a Nephandus had a pleasant familiar." Jeffry said and frowned.
Ruin seamed pleased with her annoyance skills.

"Agreed." Damaging his calm was probably the least of it's skills, being Ruin but it wasn't making his headache better, not was her smug (so much as a bird /could/ look smug, it somehow /did/) attitude. "A person's familiar says a lot."

ne of the cabunets holding pots and pans would do, so you pulled out several of them while Darrian took a bag of spagetti, poured a few drops of something of it and then he had hey for the make shift cage and then he went to find a soy sauce dish for water.
"It will have to do."
The alchemist said as he handed you the key to spread on the floor of the cabinet.
"My friend will make sure she stays put."

As he was taking cooking stuff out of the cabinet he felt a flash of heat and he paused momentarily to frown. Something probably just pissed off his mentor and he knew it was likely to be more trouble. As if they needed more. He sighed and then looked towards Darrian. "It might be good to lay out some parameters, in case they try something while they are in there, wouldn't it, sir?" he suggested, trying to think like a spirit that did not want to break it's rules but would certainly bend them as much as possible. "No requesting help for example, or telling others about what was discussed or how things appear, or killing it's own physical form, which technically might seem to count as an escape attempt but you never know." His and his mentor had included notes as well, but of course it was hard to know or think of everything that such a spirit could conceive - and the end result of that limitation was the blown-out basement and several hurt people. Just locking the bird in would probably not be sufficient, even with a guard dog that was more than a dog.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:00 am

[Chief's Office]

Colin grinned, "True, but I do hope the benefits outweigh the headaches, if only marginally?"

"They do, but damn are there some massive headaches."
Dino joked.

He perked up an ear, "Er, just to be completely clear - the building in question is not my shop, is it?"

It is not Colin's shop, Serge have been there and he know that Colin have a vampire recovering in the basement, the building with the red dot are about five minute drive from the Chantry so not quite as close as the workshop.

He frowned, "Less of a prediction, more of a declaration to the Fates, I suppose... I'll be doing some additional scrying once I have a breather, to look ahead at what complications may arise, and what else needs shoring up before we get started..."

"Do that however I refuse to be slave to fate. I am not going to just assume things will go the way a prediction have said, but all information are valuable."
Jeffry said firmly.

"That's similar to what Master Sharaya said as well." Serge said with a nod. "That's all I have to report. If you don't mine me asking, what's the next planned course of action? Master Sharaya mentioned that the location of Mr. Milliner was found. Are you guys going after him next?"

"It seams there is a complication with going after Mr Milliner, he is currently located at what the spirit of Dahl under interrogation says are a Union Construct so he might have been captures by our enemies already and I am not sure going after him are worth attacking a Construct over as that would cost us dear."
Jeffry said with a deep frown.

'I disagree, sir. As you said yourself - "probably not related". What if it is? Think this calls for a look now, if only to make sure it and the Giovanni ain't linked.'

Jeffry considered for a moment, taking a sip of his coffee then he nodded.
"Very well, you can take a team and check it out but if it do not seam related do not harm whatever have taken up residence there, if you are not sure take them capture and bring them here so we can talk with them but do as little harm as possible as they probably are not involved."
He said.
"But it have low priority."

'What? When did we learn of this?'

"I heard about it a few hours ago but did not get confirmation before now."
The Chief replied.

[Common Room]

"Agreed." Damaging his calm was probably the least of it's skills, being Ruin but it wasn't making his headache better, not was her smug (so much as a bird /could/ look smug, it somehow /did/) attitude. "A person's familiar says a lot."

Jeffry nodded at that and Darrian smiled and patted Mundi proudly.
"They do indeed."
The alchemist agreed.

As he was taking cooking stuff out of the cabinet he felt a flash of heat and he paused momentarily to frown. Something probably just pissed off his mentor and he knew it was likely to be more trouble. As if they needed more. He sighed and then looked towards Darrian. "It might be good to lay out some parameters, in case they try something while they are in there, wouldn't it, sir?" he suggested

"It would and I will do so once the cage is ready to put our guest in."
Darrian agreed.
"And yes it feels like the Chief is not happy, I hope it is not to much more trouble."
The alchemist said.
"I just love more trouble."
Ruin replied.

trying to think like a spirit that did not want to break it's rules but would certainly bend them as much as possible. "No requesting help for example, or telling others about what was discussed or how things appear, or killing it's own physical form, which technically might seem to count as an escape attempt but you never know." His and his mentor had included notes as well, but of course it was hard to know or think of everything that such a spirit could conceive - and the end result of that limitation was the blown-out basement and several hurt people. Just locking the bird in would probably not be sufficient, even with a guard dog that was more than a dog.

"I will order to stay in the cabinet until she is collected by myself, not try to hurt herself, not call for help, not contact any other spirits and not try to escape, that along with Mundi should be enough."
Darrian said simply.
"What if I finish things up here and you can check with your Mentor if anything is wrong?"
He suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:05 am

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"They do, but damn are there some massive headaches."
Dino joked.
Colin smiled wryly, "Does it help if I tell you we get them, too?"

Jeremy wrote:"A werewolf heart surgeon! What the heck that sounds awesome! Why do you know all the cool people!" Serge said, seeming excited about that revelation.
He smiled, "Well, now, you know quite a few 'cool people', yourself. Your Grandmentor, for example, should qualify, or she would likely have your hide for suggesting otherwise. Besides... many of my personal connections have come about through the power of Chantry alliances - exchanging pleasantries and favours with those who were already our allies in the abstract, but who might not be particularly personally invested in the matter beyond that. Fostering good relations like that tend to strengthen ties on both personal and political scales. You're still young; by the time you get to be my age, I'm sure your selection of friends may well be far more... exotic than mine."

Jeremy wrote:"I took a look at the building when we drove past. I'm pretty sure it wasn't your shop. I would've recognized it." he said thinking back to the building.
Nicole wrote:'That's... a good point. I wasn't looking at it, 'cos I was busy driving.'
He nodded, "I didn't think it would be my shop, but it was a possibility needing to be ruled out. I'd rather not have it raided needlessly, after all."

Jeremy wrote:"That's similar to what Master Sharaya said as well." Serge said with a nod. "That's all I have to report. If you don't mine me asking, what's the next planned course of action? Master Sharaya mentioned that the location of Mr. Milliner was found. Are you guys going after him next?"
Anja wrote:"It seams there is a complication with going after Mr Milliner, he is currently located at what the spirit of Dahl under interrogation says are a Union Construct so he might have been captures by our enemies already and I am not sure going after him are worth attacking a Construct over as that would cost us dear."
Jeffry said with a deep frown.
Nicole wrote:'I disagree, sir. As you said yourself - "probably not related". What if it is? Think this calls for a look now, if only to make sure it and the Giovanni ain't linked.'
Anja wrote:Jeffry considered for a moment, taking a sip of his coffee then he nodded.
"Very well, you can take a team and check it out but if it do not seam related do not harm whatever have taken up residence there, if you are not sure take them capture and bring them here so we can talk with them but do as little harm as possible as they probably are not involved."
He said.
"But it have low priority."
He frowned, "With all due respect, Sir, we might want to ask Mr. Sherman or Master Sharaya to take a look from here before physically going to check. A subtle look at the place should be able to tell us a lot about whether it is a long-term residence, or something used for the duration of, er, a stake-out or similar operation, or if it's just a hideaway of opportunity for the day. And it would let us know what we might expect in terms of defenses, too."

Anja wrote:"Do that however I refuse to be slave to fate. I am not going to just assume things will go the way a prediction have said, but all information are valuable."
Jeffry said firmly.
He nodded, "More the other way around; I would be checking for how things might go wrong, and see to making contingencies and preparations for those things, to reduce the risk and the potential consequences as much as possible."

Nicole wrote:'What? When did we learn of this?'
Anja wrote:"I heard about it a few hours ago but did not get confirmation before now."
The Chief replied.
He nodded, "Dr. Hadermann found the genetic similarity to Freddy's, and also recognized Jace's hand in the plague's creation. We knew when Freddy returned to Boston, and we've been making preparations on that end since. The last update on that was just before you started prying in Master Sharaya's apartment, when I told you off - at that point, I'd not had the time to go over it with Freddy yet, which is why it was not yet pertinent to you. You had your mission then, and we still needed to attack that flank, too."
He frowned, "Future Anna's in town to donate blood to Freddy, I can't ask Present Anna to do the same, but... Nicole, I don't suppose you would have compatible blood?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:26 am

[Chief's Office]

Colin smiled wryly, "Does it help if I tell you we get them, too?"

"Oh it would, commissary is a thing after all."
Dino said sounding amused.
"But yes I should go and tend to my most unusual patient then oh and present day Anna might like to know that the condition of little Evelyn keep improving, she is still in intensive care but she was awake, even if it was just for a few minutes a little while ago, the girl is a fighter."
The werewolf informed you.

He frowned, "With all due respect, Sir, we might want to ask Mr. Sherman or Master Sharaya to take a look from here before physically going to check. A subtle look at the place should be able to tell us a lot about whether it is a long-term residence, or something used for the duration of, er, a stake-out or similar operation, or if it's just a hideaway of opportunity for the day. And it would let us know what we might expect in terms of defenses, too."

"That is a good idea, Master Sharaya have allot on his plate at the moment would you be so kind as to carry the request to Mr Sherman? He is your Cabalmate after all Mr Wainwright, if this is simply someone living there in peace, we can deal with that problem later."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.

He nodded, "More the other way around; I would be checking for how things might go wrong, and see to making contingencies and preparations for those things, to reduce the risk and the potential consequences as much as possible."

"That seams sensible enough Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry agreed.

He frowned, "Future Anna's in town to donate blood to Freddy, I can't ask Present Anna to do the same, but... Nicole, I don't suppose you would have compatible blood?"

"I really should take the time to donate more often myself, according to Dr Lee my blood type is rearly seen outside natives to Horizon, a mutation he calls it, or was it a cariation on a type found on earth...to be honest I do not quite understand it, but apperantly it can be hard to treat many who where born on Horizon without the blood of those who where also born there...I should set up an apointment with the doctor..." Jeffry muttered to himself as your words reminded him of it and he made a note in his book.
"Well then we should discuss what we should do from here, Mr Milliner seam to be out of our reach...how are our progress on finding Jace's lab? This vampire oracle and and others involved with the sikness?"
The Hermetic asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:09 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Fuck... they got him first.' Nicole exclaimed, sounding a little disappointed. 'Makes me wonder that the Union might have already had the goods on this Milliner and so managed to catch up with us. Perhaps this means somebody needs to make a trip back to the Port for an update? This also means trying to find his hidey-hole is now worse than pointless, for it'll be crawling with Mirrorshades. We'll get more Milliners to snag, mind. That is, if we want.'

'Wait... isn't there that "seer" vampire to take care of too?' ending with a frown.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'That's what I was planning - doing a quick "digital strip-search". Then to decide the next action after that.' Nicole replied. 'Question is, will there be enough time before dusk? Wait... now Don Milliner is captured, a counter-attack on us after dusk is much less likely...'

Colin's Post:

'I would realise that, y'know!' Nicole replied, sounding a little hurt.

Colin's Post:

'You could have at least told me with serial numbers filed off, y'know - instead of your complete stonewalling. Was going to ring Hadermann myself, me; but now I know he'll be busy so won't.' Nicole replied, tone reproachful. 'As for blood... you know I'm A-minus - but I'm a bit wary of draining off a pint or so if I'm about to be thrown into another combat mission.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 pm

[Chief's Office]

'Fuck... they got him first.' Nicole exclaimed, sounding a little disappointed. 'Makes me wonder that the Union might have already had the goods on this Milliner and so managed to catch up with us. Perhaps this means somebody needs to make a trip back to the Port for an update? This also means trying to find his hidey-hole is now worse than pointless, for it'll be crawling with Mirrorshades. We'll get more Milliners to snag, mind. That is, if we want.'

'Wait... isn't there that "seer" vampire to take care of too?' ending with a frown.

"The other Milliner siblings which I have been told about might know something so we might want to pick them up, but yes it seams Milliner himself are now a guest of the Union. Taking the trip to the Umbral port and ask around might be a good idea."
Jeffry agreed, from his expression he was not found of the idea that the target got snagged by the Union first.
"No the seer have not been snagged yet but it seams doing so now have to be sped up before the Technocrats get him as well. That might be more important at the moment than getting more Milliners."

That's what I was planning - doing a quick "digital strip-search". Then to decide the next action after that.' Nicole replied. 'Question is, will there be enough time before dusk? Wait... now Don Milliner is captured, a counter-attack on us after dusk is much less likely...'

"Let me see...it is 16:02 right now, so we do not have allot of time before dusk but with their leader missing the Milliners are far more likely to attack the Union trying to free him than us to get our prisoner back...very well see what you can find out about this red dot, but getting this Seer is higher on the list of priorities than whoever that person is."
The Chief said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next