Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 9 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 am

[Common Room]

Colin nodded, "I'm quite sure she'll pull through."

"I...thank you Mr Wainwright...I hope you are right."
Jeffry said but he still looked rather worried for Helena's well being.

He nodded, "Securing the ones in the basement first, though, interrogation after... If the ghoul can give us the answers we require, though, we may not need to wake up the vampire at all."

"Agreed."
The old Hermetic said simply.

He frowned, "We had a stroke of luck, and that turned out... less lucky for everyone involved."

"That is one way to put it."
Jeffry said wryly.

[Steelhaven grounds]

"Shall I check for spells on it?" he offered.

"That might be a good idea yes Sodalis."
Darrian said and nodded.

He nodded and then walked along with them to keep an eye on Telaris. "Perhaps we should tell it not to harm itself, either..." he suggested, seeing as how it was quite willing to blow up its bondsmate; there were a lot of things that could happen when a spirit did not want to be bound and was trying to be uncooperative. Though it could be thought of as 'trying to escape'...

"Telaris you you will not try to end your physical or spiritual existence."
The Alchemist said agreeing with your suggestions. The bird looked sad and defeated.
"Yes."
She said simply. You and Darrian got into the common room. Jeffry where still there directing pepole around. He looked up when he saw the two of you and your prisoner.
"Good...can you please see what you can get out of it gentlemen?"
The old Hermetic asked.

[Basement]

A short silence as Nicole mulled over what to say to all of these questions; the ghoul would see that she'd thrown this large armed woman by asking them. When she broke through the restraints, Nicole immediately pointed the carbine directly at the ghoul's head.

Alexis had not seen that you had a weapon before now and she backed towards the wall.
"Please do not shoot my patient."
Richard said wryly still working on the woman.

'Do not move unless I say so. Let's cut the crap and get it out now that we know Vera is a vampire, you're a blood-slave, yes I have killed vampires before and so have most of the others in this room... so don't fucking bother with the threats, okay? Vera's... clan, isn't it? has attacked us and people in general with a plague. "Us" being "Mages". That's how we captured you - magic. And we want to chat with Vera... before a full-scale vampire-mage war breaks out.'

"So...ehm you are mages do that even...well why am I surprised there are allot of other things so you can can spells and shit?"
Alexis asked.
"It seams I am not the one making threads here lady."
She commented dryly.
"I do not know of any plague but if you wanted to talk with Vera you could have just called...have you harmed her? Are she okey?"
The ghoul asked nervously.

He gave Nicole a quick sideways look, "You are Vera Milliner's ghoul, are you not?

"Yes I am."
Alexis said simply.

We know what you are, just not precisely whose... The man who hired the Milliners to do his dirty work is the one who... just met a grisly end here, which makes interrogating him a little harder than it had to be. Not impossible, but it will require a little more effort.

"This...all this are a guy blowing up, well shit."
Alexis commented and frowned.
"How did that happen?"

The same thing won't happen to you and Miss Milliner,

"So you will not blow us up...wonderful..."

hough, but we will require the location of Francis Milliner... If you can answer our questions, we may be able to let Miss Milliner sleep undisturbed until our investigations are done.

"Yeah...you might know allot man, but not how things work, vampires are pretty paranoid about where they sleep do you think they use to tell their childer's relatives where that is? Yes clearly you do and that would be wrong, as for Vera I doubt she knows either, it would surprise me greatly if she knows where her father is but if she do I am pretty sure she will not betray him by telling you."
The ghoul said and shook her head.

Now, please sit yourself down and let our physician tend your injuries - your cat is safe and sound, and I can assure you, we have no reason to harm you or it. Any attempt to escape, however, will be... unfortunately quite immediately and permanently fatal."

Alexis sigh and sat down in the rubble.
"I am not trying to escape, but what have you guys done with Vera? Is she hurt?"
She asked sounding concerned as Richard continued with his healing work, the wound in her shoulder was gone now and he was fixing various cuts and bruises.

The ghoul would see Nicole simply staring at her with cold eyes, weapon at the ready.

Alexis looked nervously at Nicole now and again.

After the prisoner has been secured again, yes?'

"Have you seen how strong she is, restrains will not hold her unless we control her magickal strength...we might need to use the serum for this but I hate to do that to an injured person."
Richard commented
"What serum?"
Alexis asked suspiciously. She was stronger than Fio though and he was pretty strong, she had ripped right though those restraints as if they where nothing.

He gave the stake a quick visual inspection - looking for any signs of blood spatter to indicate it had shifted in the blast, then nodded, "Small favours... Right, let us let sleeping vampires lie until the worst of the mess here is sorted out. Miss Bouchard, can you help assess damage and start stacking up fallen bricks and whatnot in the passageway, to free up elbowroom for the healers and movers?"

The stake looked fine, the vampire was backed in with bed sheets and other cloths meaning she had not moved much even if the crate had, a small mercy it would have saved her allot of pain during transportation as she would not have been banged around and the stake would not have been hit and moved as she was rattled around in the crate. Instead she was padded down in there like a crystal glass in a crate wrapped up for moving.

Serge bent down onto one knee to get closer to Bianca's face. He made sure to avoid Master Nassa and not disturb him or his magick at all costs.

He wondered what he should do. If he should do anything. If he could do anything. Mr. Wainwright had told him to help Bianca 'cling to life'. So he tried his best to do just that.

"Hey Bianca." he whispered softly to her still broken body. "Don't worry, Master Nassa's got you. Your gonna be watering your plants and baking cookies in no time. Just hang in there. You'll be all right. Just follow the sound of my voice...."

He infused his soft words with his magick to stir Bianca's addled mind into action. A desire for life, remembering all the things she cared about in the world. To help empower herself and keep her fighting against her injuries. In Serge's mind, he hoped it would make it easier for her body to respond to Master Nassa's magick.

As you cast your spell Bianca's head started knitting itself back together, the skull regaining it's natural form, and she took one, gasping breath, perhaps what you had done had worked. Amadeus did not look up from his working he continued to slice into his own flesh, spilling his blood to heal his apprentice. After some more time Bianca opened her eyes, a big part of her body was skill crushed though and she just looked at you with unfocused eyes not speaking.

(OOC: I get someone can be scared of a danger and not let someone asking for help into their house for example, but someone collapsed on the ground is not a danger. I also think it have to do with people looking down on this man. I have a slightly off position ankle and every so often it give out landing me on the ground, I have never gotten hurt doing this, but I am sure it look dramatic and always when that happens in public people have rushed in to see if I am hurt and helping me to my feet. I fainted once at an alternative fair, very strong smells can give me a vasovagal and all of that incense triggered it. I was out for like a second, and almost everyone around where rushing in asking if I needed help, there was this one bitch trying to help herself to my money while I was out but everyone else rushed in to help. Now I look clean, I wear nice clothes and I have enver experienced not getting help when I need it. Someone who look like a drunk, a drug addict though many will ignore.)

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I had a headache and went to bed early.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 9 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 am

[Basement]

Anja wrote:As you cast your spell Bianca's head started knitting itself back together, the skull regaining it's natural form, and she took one, gasping breath, perhaps what you had done had worked. Amadeus did not look up from his working he continued to slice into his own flesh, spilling his blood to heal his apprentice. After some more time Bianca opened her eyes, a big part of her body was skill crushed though and she just looked at you with unfocused eyes not speaking.

"Hey, there you go. Easy now." he said with a soft smile on his face, wanting to keep Beatrice's attention in the real world and on himself. He was afraid if he simply left Beatrice would slip back into unconsciousness and die before Master Nassa had time to finish fixing her body.

"Your getting better by the second. You'll be on your feet in no time. Master Nassa's freakishly good at this. Well obviously he would be. You don't get a title like Master by not being awesome." he rambled, thinking of topics to keep Beatrice's attention.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:10 am

[Basement]

"Hey, there you go. Easy now." he said with a soft smile on his face, wanting to keep Beatrice's attention in the real world and on himself. He was afraid if he simply left Beatrice would slip back into unconsciousness and die before Master Nassa had time to finish fixing her body.

Bianca looked at you she was not fully there but at least she could focus her eyes a little, she was struggling with breath though, the right side of her chest was still crushed.

"Your getting better by the second. You'll be on your feet in no time. Master Nassa's freakishly good at this. Well obviously he would be. You don't get a title like Master by not being awesome." he rambled, thinking of topics to keep Beatrice's attention.

You are not sure the wounded hedge wizard understood you, but her eyes followed you, you do not think she was in pain, for now she was in to much shock to be in pain, she just gave you a dull glance as Amadeus worked at streigthening out her ribs and repairing her chest, her hips and legs was important as well but the most critical organs first and this did imporve Bianca's breathing. Finally thoughs started coming back to the confused hedge wizard's mind though they where all still a jumble.

(OOC: I think you got the wrong sister. This is Bianca the hedge wizard not Beatrice who is up in Kyle's room actually in a Seeking knowing nothing about what have been happening. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am

[Common Room]
Jeremy wrote:"But why would his fami-...." Serge said before Master Morgan had left abruptly, leaving Serge with more questions gained than answered.
Colin frowned, "Better than remaining captured... We tend to do very bad things to captured Nephandi..."

[Basement]
Nicole wrote:'That's a lot of folk to monitor, like.' she replied, a shade uncertain. 'Occam says target was simply tagged as "RD: Vampire (Giovanni)" and they came to do what we did.'
He nodded, "That's still a lot of vampires to try to capture, and the Union does have the advantage of a lot of automation - I'd consider it as likely they decided to wait to see which ones we showed interest in... Not too difficult to set up a quick ward to alert someone once a specific subtype of Deviant crosses the threshold..."

Nicole wrote:'She started it. What am I to do, say "oh sorry, my own damn experiences must be a hallucination simply because you say it is"? The only way folk learn that they're wrong is when they're called out on it.'
He shook his head, "As I said, it's merely general advice - saying 'we'll talk about this later' is perfectly legitimate, too. And while I don't know exactly what the argument was about, I do note that Miss Mar has had several advantages you and I haven't. Fixing such blind spots is something that will take a lot of time and arguing, best saved for after action."

Anja wrote:"So...ehm you are mages do that even...well why am I surprised there are allot of other things so you can can spells and shit?"
Alexis asked.
"It seams I am not the one making threads here lady."
She commented dryly.
"I do not know of any plague but if you wanted to talk with Vera you could have just called...have you harmed her? Are she okey?"
The ghoul asked nervously.
He smiled, "Most things are able to do the latter, but yes, we cast spells. Or as some of our numbers would call it, use hyperscience. Same side of the same coin, really. And Vera is... safe. She is restrained, unfortunately, in the one reliable manner there is, but beyond that, she is secure, and will not be subjected to any further harm, provided you comply with our efforts to stop a plague presently trying to kill everyone with a cybernetic implant - pacemakers, cochlear implants, et cetera. It is in Miss Milliner's interest, as well, to avoid an abrupt decimation of the food supply, is it not?"

Anja wrote:"This...all this are a guy blowing up, well shit."
Alexis commented and frowned.
"How did that happen?"
He shrugged, "It seems he had the equivalent of a friend with a remote detonator... Said friend decided an abrupt and violent death was preferable to captivity. Under the circumstances, I can't blame him - but this fellow was not like you, and his fate would have been far darker than anything we could do to either you or Miss Milliner, even if we wanted to."

Anja wrote:"So you will not blow us up...wonderful..."
He smiled, "We wish to kill neither you, your Mistress, nor your cat; all we are trying to do is to stop the ones responsible for spreading the plague, and stop the plague itself, before too many people die and both our secret worlds are exposed to the common populace. We already know Fio Giovanni was working on the orders of Francis Milliner, but we don't know how deeply the plot was rooted in the Milliner family. Fio is... unlikely to see another sunrise, mind you."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...you might know allot man, but not how things work, vampires are pretty paranoid about where they sleep do you think they use to tell their childer's relatives where that is? Yes clearly you do and that would be wrong, as for Vera I doubt she knows either, it would surprise me greatly if she knows where her father is but if she do I am pretty sure she will not betray him by telling you."
The ghoul said and shook her head.
He shook his head with a wry smile, "I didn't really believe you'd know, I was just hoping. In that case, we'll have to rely on an alternative method... Nothing that should harm you or her, mind, but Francis Milliner's existence is coming to a close."

Anja wrote:Alexis sigh and sat down in the rubble.
"I am not trying to escape, but what have you guys done with Vera? Is she hurt?"
She asked sounding concerned as Richard continued with his healing work, the wound in her shoulder was gone now and he was fixing various cuts and bruises.
He shook his head, "While staking is quite painful for a vampire, she's not been harmed beyond that. Your compliance will help secure that status quo remains. If she is found to have no connection to the plaguemongers, you will both be returned home, with a suitable apology for the discomfort."

Nicole wrote:'After the prisoner has been secured again, yes?'
Anja wrote:"Have you seen how strong she is, restrains will not hold her unless we control her magickal strength...we might need to use the serum for this but I hate to do that to an injured person."
Richard commented
"What serum?"
Alexis asked suspiciously. She was stronger than Fio though and he was pretty strong, she had ripped right though those restraints as if they where nothing.
He frowned, "After that, obviously. The serum might work... or Master Nassa could be able to, hm, temporarily disable her potent blood once he is done healing our injured. I'll leave that decision up to your medical expertise - though ghouls are remarkably resilient, and if she's no longer injured..."

Anja wrote:The stake looked fine, the vampire was backed in with bed sheets and other cloths meaning she had not moved much even if the crate had, a small mercy it would have saved her allot of pain during transportation as she would not have been banged around and the stake would not have been hit and moved as she was rattled around in the crate. Instead she was padded down in there like a crystal glass in a crate wrapped up for moving.
He nodded to himself, "Commendably secured... Hum, I believe the young woman to be truthful about Miss Milliner not knowing where her father sleeps, so chains and unstaking is probably not..."
He turned around, "Doctor, do you have a spare syringe I could use? I need to take a blood sample. If she can't tell us what we need, her blood will let us locate her father."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 pm

[Basement]

He smiled, "Most things are able to do the latter, but yes, we cast spells. Or as some of our numbers would call it, use hyperscience. Same side of the same coin, really. And Vera is... safe. She is restrained, unfortunately, in the one reliable manner there is, but beyond that, she is secure, and will not be subjected to any further harm, provided you comply with our efforts to stop a plague presently trying to kill everyone with a cybernetic implant - pacemakers, cochlear implants, et cetera. It is in Miss Milliner's interest, as well, to avoid an abrupt decimation of the food supply, is it not?"

"Yes I guess most things can do the latter...hum spells eh? Well like I said I should not really be suprised since there are ghosts and werewolves, there are probably all sort of critters out there. I have no idea what hyperscience is though."
Alexis said and nodded seaming impressed. Her expression changed though when you told her how Vera was restrained into a grimace and then a worried frown.
"I see, well it is to be expected I guess with us captured...is...is she awake, is she aware of what is happening to her?"
The ghoul said and she looked up at you.
"And you want me to believe you will just let us go if we cooperate, that is a little hard to buy."
She muttered sounding nervous.
"Can I see her please?"

He shrugged, "It seems he had the equivalent of a friend with a remote detonator... Said friend decided an abrupt and violent death was preferable to captivity. Under the circumstances, I can't blame him - but this fellow was not like you, and his fate would have been far darker than anything we could do to either you or Miss Milliner, even if we wanted to."

"Shit his friend detonated him? Well I guess that could be better than torture but still shit!"
Alexsis muttered.
"Listen man I just want to survive this, me, Vera and the cat but what you have to understand is that Vera is a Mafia princess, her father do not necessarily tell her all that much. I am not sure how much she will be able to tell you. Mafia men do not tend to share much with their women."

He smiled, "We wish to kill neither you, your Mistress, nor your cat; all we are trying to do is to stop the ones responsible for spreading the plague, and stop the plague itself, before too many people die and both our secret worlds are exposed to the common populace. We already know Fio Giovanni was working on the orders of Francis Milliner, but we don't know how deeply the plot was rooted in the Milliner family. Fio is... unlikely to see another sunrise, mind you."

"What is this illness you keep going on about?"
Alexis asked.
"I have never heard about it I can not say what Francis Milliner have or have not done, quite frankly I do not care if he lives or dies, Vera do however so if you want her to cooperate telling her you are planning on murdering her father is probably not the way to go. Just tell me what you want me to do to get me and Vera and the cat out of here safely and I will do it."
The ghoul said and sigh.

He shook his head with a wry smile, "I didn't really believe you'd know, I was just hoping. In that case, we'll have to rely on an alternative method... Nothing that should harm you or her, mind, but Francis Milliner's existence is coming to a close."

"What are you going to do to her? Please do not harm my Mistress."
The ghoul begged.
"I do not want our secret societies exposed that would be bad for both of our kind but please don't harm her."

He shook his head, "While staking is quite painful for a vampire, she's not been harmed beyond that. Your compliance will help secure that status quo remains. If she is found to have no connection to the plaguemongers, you will both be returned home, with a suitable apology for the discomfort."

"That is harmed enough and I will be the one who will be left to pick up the pieces. Vera have never been staked before she will be absolutely terrified. Her father begged her to let him do it once when she was in a safe place and surrounded by those she trust, just so she would know what it is and what it do so she stand a better chance to handling it and finding any opening to get herself out of trouble if someone hostile ever stake her but no, she refused, she was scared and I get that but now she is scared alone and staked and I am not sure an apology will help much for that."
Alexis said with a worried frown.

He frowned, "After that, obviously. The serum might work... or Master Nassa could be able to, hm, temporarily disable her potent blood once he is done healing our injured. I'll leave that decision up to your medical expertise - though ghouls are remarkably resilient, and if she's no longer injured..."

"We have seen the serum works to stop the supernatural abilities of these blood slaves."
Richard said as he stood and straightened his back.
"She is no longer injured, I would recommend being careful with the shouldeer she was hit in it will be sore for a while but I healed that and any other injuries everything else are just small cuts and bruises which will fix themselves she is safe to restrain, but do not hurt her needlessly."
He said and sigh.

He nodded to himself, "Commendably secured... Hum, I believe the young woman to be truthful about Miss Milliner not knowing where her father sleeps, so chains and unstaking is probably not..."
He turned around, "Doctor, do you have a spare syringe I could use? I need to take a blood sample. If she can't tell us what we need, her blood will let us locate her father."

"Yes sure in my bag, get the 25 gauge you might be able to get a corpse's veins with that, but it will not be easy since there are no blood flow."
Richard said he had moved on to help Mr Rush with helping Helena.
"You will not be able to feel the veins as well and so have to go by sight alone, you will only get the little ones that way."
He commented.
"Try not to wake her up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes I guess most things can do the latter...hum spells eh? Well like I said I should not really be suprised since there are ghosts and werewolves, there are probably all sort of critters out there. I have no idea what hyperscience is though."
Alexis said and nodded seaming impressed. Her expression changed though when you told her how Vera was restrained into a grimace and then a worried frown.
"I see, well it is to be expected I guess with us captured...is...is she awake, is she aware of what is happening to her?"
The ghoul said and she looked up at you.
"And you want me to believe you will just let us go if we cooperate, that is a little hard to buy."
She muttered sounding nervous.
"Can I see her please?"
Colin frowned for a moment, "I am not yet sure whether she is awake or asleep; that's one of the things I came down to check on. And we have no interest in the extended difficulties we would have with the Prince if we started simply abducting any vampire we thought were trouble and executed them. It was enough of a mess when we put an end to the outright monster who made ice cream, but that one was justified. But we won't kill for convenience, especially not when we know it will create a greater inconvenience."
He sighed, "I will have to ask the Security Chief if we can let you see her... but I can be persuasive. I can promise no more than that, though."

Anja wrote:"Shit his friend detonated him? Well I guess that could be better than torture but still shit!"
Alexsis muttered.
"Listen man I just want to survive this, me, Vera and the cat but what you have to understand is that Vera is a Mafia princess, her father do not necessarily tell her all that much. I am not sure how much she will be able to tell you. Mafia men do not tend to share much with their women."
He shook his head, "Not torture, but the execution reserved for his kind of Mage... it's quite horrid. And I understand. The concept is not precisely alien; need-to-know is a good policy."

Anja wrote:"What is this illness you keep going on about?"
Alexis asked.
"I have never heard about it I can not say what Francis Milliner have or have not done, quite frankly I do not care if he lives or dies, Vera do however so if you want her to cooperate telling her you are planning on murdering her father is probably not the way to go. Just tell me what you want me to do to get me and Vera and the cat out of here safely and I will do it."
The ghoul said and sigh.
He frowned, "They started deliberately infecting people with implants yesterday, it seems, and people started getting sick and dying today, their bodies displaying what seems to be a violent immune response to electronics... Word is not yet out beyond a few groups of Magi noticing the pattern, and possibly a few doctors in hospitals, and it's not yet global... but if it goes on for another day, we're looking at probably six- or seven-digit fatalities; the media will have a field day. What we need you to do now is sit down, be patient, and keep your head down."

Anja wrote:"What are you going to do to her? Please do not harm my Mistress."
The ghoul begged.
"I do not want our secret societies exposed that would be bad for both of our kind but please don't harm her."
He shook his head, "A few drops of blood won't harm her. Likely, she won't even notice."

Anja wrote:"That is harmed enough and I will be the one who will be left to pick up the pieces. Vera have never been staked before she will be absolutely terrified. Her father begged her to let him do it once when she was in a safe place and surrounded by those she trust, just so she would know what it is and what it do so she stand a better chance to handling it and finding any opening to get herself out of trouble if someone hostile ever stake her but no, she refused, she was scared and I get that but now she is scared alone and staked and I am not sure an apology will help much for that."
Alexis said with a worried frown.
He frowned, then nodded, "On my word as an officer and a gentleman, I will see to it that we try to dampen the trauma as much as possible. I understand the fear she's going through... and I understand picking up the pieces all too well. And as for an apology... I presume you're familiar with the saying 'actions speak louder than words'?"

Anja wrote:"We have seen the serum works to stop the supernatural abilities of these blood slaves."
Richard said as he stood and straightened his back.
"She is no longer injured, I would recommend being careful with the shouldeer she was hit in it will be sore for a while but I healed that and any other injuries everything else are just small cuts and bruises which will fix themselves she is safe to restrain, but do not hurt her needlessly."
He said and sigh.
He nodded, "Of course."

Anja wrote:"Yes sure in my bag, get the 25 gauge you might be able to get a corpse's veins with that, but it will not be easy since there are no blood flow."
Richard said he had moved on to help Mr Rush with helping Helena.
"You will not be able to feel the veins as well and so have to go by sight alone, you will only get the little ones that way."
He commented.
"Try not to wake her up."
He nodded, retrieving the equipment from the bag and putting on his glasses, "I think I can manage that, with a little bit of magic... I guess the jugular or carotid are no good?"
Turning back toward Vera, he mumbled, "Amplificandi Potentia, Canetis Spectare..."

((OOC: So, Colin tries to combo up a little vision boost - magnification (Correspondence 1, or is that 2?) and ultrasound-vision (Forces 1) to discern liquid from not-so-liquid tissues in the vampire to find a vein with sufficient blood in it. Arete roll: 3,8,9. Should hold long enough?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:41 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned for a moment, "I am not yet sure whether she is awake or asleep; that's one of the things I came down to check on. And we have no interest in the extended difficulties we would have with the Prince if we started simply abducting any vampire we thought were trouble and executed them. It was enough of a mess when we put an end to the outright monster who made ice cream, but that one was justified. But we won't kill for convenience, especially not when we know it will create a greater inconvenience."
He sighed, "I will have to ask the Security Chief if we can let you see her... but I can be persuasive. I can promise no more than that, though."

"Hum...what ice cream? Oh yes I think I get I have heard about that incident, well it would make sense you would nto want to create a conflict with the Prince."
The ghoul said and she seamed to calm down a little.
"Thank you that is all I ask...if Vera is awake she will be scared I might be able to calm her down."

He shook his head, "Not torture, but the execution reserved for his kind of Mage... it's quite horrid. And I understand. The concept is not precisely alien; need-to-know is a good policy."

Alexis gave you a confused look but she did not ask further.

He frowned, "They started deliberately infecting people with implants yesterday, it seems, and people started getting sick and dying today, their bodies displaying what seems to be a violent immune response to electronics... Word is not yet out beyond a few groups of Magi noticing the pattern, and possibly a few doctors in hospitals, and it's not yet global... but if it goes on for another day, we're looking at probably six- or seven-digit fatalities; the media will have a field day. What we need you to do now is sit down, be patient, and keep your head down."

"That sounds pretty bad, not that it surprise me the Milliners are involved in some fucked up shit both on and off the books but I do not know anything about that and I can not imagine Vera knows either."
Alexis said and sigh.
"But yeah that might blow the whistle on us all indeed and we would not want that. Mortals with pitchforks...I would prefer not to experience that."

He shook his head, "A few drops of blood won't harm her. Likely, she won't even notice."

"No that should not be harmful for her."
The ghoul agreed seaming relieved.

He frowned, then nodded, "On my word as an officer and a gentleman, I will see to it that we try to dampen the trauma as much as possible. I understand the fear she's going through... and I understand picking up the pieces all too well. And as for an apology... I presume you're familiar with the saying 'actions speak louder than words'?"

Alexis looked at you for a moment and then looked down again.
"It is important she is not scared further in the condition she is in most things will terrify her, if she can be led to believe she is safe and will not be harmed that might help, but the only thing that really will make a difference is the time she spend staked it have to be kept as short as possible, please...and if I could talk to her, perhaps keep her calm."
The ghoul said with a concerned look in her eyes.

He nodded, "Of course."

"I do not have any of the serum on me but I could call someone and ask them to get some from the Chief."
Richard offered.

He nodded, retrieving the equipment from the bag and putting on his glasses, "I think I can manage that, with a little bit of magic... I guess the jugular or carotid are no good?"
Turning back toward Vera, he mumbled, "Amplificandi Potentia, Canetis Spectare..."

"Well if you where drawing blood for a medical test then arteries would be no good as most tests are based on venal blood, drawing some to use for an Arcane connection though it should not matter so you can try, your best chance are in the part of the body which have been down during transport, if you can't get some we can try taking blood directly from her heart but that might harm her so let us try other methods first."
Richard said.

It was not easy, you had to try a few time but in one of the smaller veins in Vera's thin arm you found enough blood to fill a tube, the vampire did not seam to notice, she would not feel your attemnts to get her blood over the pain she was in from the stake and she was also in deep sleep.

(OOC: You got a vial of vampire blood.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:00 pm

[Basement]

Colin's Post:

'Could be, might not be. This is one answer we'll never get...' ending with a shrug.

Colin's Post:

'I tried to leave alone. But she wouldn't do it. Bad as my Mom, she is; just fucking picking and picking. So if I give it back, they've only got themselves to blame.' she replied, an undercurrent of annoyance and sourness.

Anja's Post:

'Would be a waste after the efforts I went to to take her alive...'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, like she'd have talked to mere food.' Nicole replied derisively. 'Anyway, another snatch team arrived just after we did.'

Anja's Post:

'This is why we need more proper fucking cells.'

Colin's Post:

The ghoul might notice a slight face on this part. 'Look, you're just caught in the crossfire here. Your chances of walking away from this are actually quite high.'

Anja's Post:

'How about "more likely to be let go", then?'

Anja's Post:

'Then war it will be. Hope vampires have asbestos bedding...'

Anja's Post:

'Oh, I think if she's like reasonable she'll see we picked the "least worst" option...'

Colin's Post:

'How about on "crimes against humanity" or "attempt to cause fucking genocide", eh?' ending with a sneer.

Colin's Post:

'Predicted death toll: at least million-half in the US alone.'

Anja's Post:

'Who needs pitchforks when they've got .50-cal weapons, napalm, tanks and cruise missiles?' Nicole replied, arching an eyebrow. 'Vampires against everything Uncle Sam can muster... Army, Air Force, FBI, cops, National Guard... That won't be a war, that will be a fucking massacre. On the dead side.'

[Bianca the anti-vaccer, no?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:04 pm

[Common Room]

Colin wrote:Colin frowned, "Better than remaining captured... We tend to do very bad things to captured Nephandi..."

Serge had a guilty look on his face and said, "But self-destructing your master seems like a last resort type of deal. Why'd the familiar just give up? He was fighting this entire time."

[Basement]

Anja wrote:You are not sure the wounded hedge wizard understood you, but her eyes followed you, you do not think she was in pain, for now she was in to much shock to be in pain, she just gave you a dull glance as Amadeus worked at streigthening out her ribs and repairing her chest, her hips and legs was important as well but the most critical organs first and this did imporve Bianca's breathing. Finally thoughs started coming back to the confused hedge wizard's mind though they where all still a jumble.

"Now your thinking." Serge said with a smile. He noticed that Bianca eyes following him and decided to show her something to try and get a bit more of a reaction from her mind. He flipped the pages of his clipboard until he reached the one with the sleeping Frufru.

"While we're waiting let's look at some pictures. Look a this one. A cat. He's so fat." he said with a smile showing the picture to the explosion torn hedge-mage and see if her thoughts reacted to the picture.

(OOC:....The amount of times I've confused them is staggering.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 pm

[Basement]

'Would be a waste after the efforts I went to to take her alive...'

"And my efforts in fixing her injuries, do keep your weapon on her though until we can properly restrain her...just don't you know shoot her unless you have to."
Richard commented with a sigh.

'Yeah, like she'd have talked to mere food.' Nicole replied derisively. 'Anyway, another snatch team arrived just after we did.'

"Yeah she would, she do not see human beings as just food and beside you guys are not normal human beings now are you, and another team? What someone else after Vera as well? Shit who are they?"
Alexis asked and she looked quite alarmed.

This is why we need more proper fucking cells.'

"Well we do not have one proper cell right now as it blew up but yes a few more cells, perhaps enchanted like the ones at Morningstar so those put in them can not use their magick would be nice."
Richard said and Alexis looked like a question mark.
"Well anyway such cells cost money, money we don't got."
The doctor continued and shrugged.
"So we have to make due with what we got."

The ghoul might notice a slight face on this part. 'Look, you're just caught in the crossfire here. Your chances of walking away from this are actually quite high.'

"That is a relief I guess...what about Vera?"
Alexis asked nervously.

How about "more likely to be let go", then?'

The prisoner looked at you and nodded but she still looked rather scared.

'Then war it will be. Hope vampires have asbestos bedding...'

"I guess I will have to buy some for Vera, listen lady I do not know anything else, scaring me with a worst case scenario can not make me tell you things I don't know."
The ghoul said with a sigh.

'Oh, I think if she's like reasonable she'll see we picked the "least worst" option...'

"I am not talking about Vera holding a grudge here Lady I am talking about her being traumatized, if you where kidnapped, tortured, and scared out of your mind would it help knowing that the one who did it could have done worse? Would it make you less terrified and traumatized afterwards?"
Alexis asked and she gave Nicole a bit of a look.

'How about on "crimes against humanity" or "attempt to cause fucking genocide", eh?' ending with a sneer.

"Hey neither me nor Vera have tried to genocide anyone!"
The ghoul protested.

'Predicted death toll: at least million-half in the US alone.'

"Well...shit..."
Alexis muttered.

'Who needs pitchforks when they've got .50-cal weapons, napalm, tanks and cruise missiles?' Nicole replied, arching an eyebrow. 'Vampires against everything Uncle Sam can muster... Army, Air Force, FBI, cops, National Guard... That won't be a war, that will be a fucking massacre. On the dead side.'

"Yeah...that is why we have the masquerade...ehm vampire society stay hidden and since I have not heard about you lot I suspect you do as well, to avoid that, regular humans outnumber supernaturals so much that they will be able to annihilate us if they find out we exist."
The ghoul said and sigh.
"No one would want that."

"Now your thinking." Serge said with a smile. He noticed that Bianca eyes following him and decided to show her something to try and get a bit more of a reaction from her mind. He flipped the pages of his clipboard until he reached the one with the sleeping Frufru.

"While we're waiting let's look at some pictures. Look a this one. A cat. He's so fat." he said with a smile showing the picture to the explosion torn hedge-mage and see if her thoughts reacted to the picture.

"Fat...cat..."
Bianca muttered though she still seamed rather far of, her eyes following you, she was regaining a bit of color in her cheeks though as Amadeus healed her, slowly putting her body back together.
"Cat..."
The hedge wizard repeated in a monotone voice.
"Cat...cat..."

(OOC: Yes Bianca the anti vaxxer and now Bianca the flat anti vaxxer.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:22 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'A powerful group called "the Technocratic Union". In a nutshell, they see anything that's not a vanilla human as a "Reality Deviant" and is tagged to be destroyed, converted or contained, depending on what they are. We managed to turn up at your place 'bout half-hour before they did.'

'They've very fucked off about the plague.'

Anja's Post:

'Unknown.'

Anja's Post:

'No, I'm just being honest. I appreciate that all this is way above your pay-grade...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, just giving a "I don't care" look. She'd in her book done the best she could to minimise damage or stress for the cargo, and that was enough for her.

Anja's Post:

'That lie only holds up 'cos "everybody knows vampires ain't real". Plague means world will learn otherwise. After they've turned the last vampire to ash, they'll then wonder "what other shit is out there" and go after that with the best machine seventy years of paranoia can buy.' the large woman said in a matter-of-fact-manner.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:37 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Fat...cat..."
Bianca muttered though she still seamed rather far of, her eyes following you, she was regaining a bit of color in her cheeks though as Amadeus healed her, slowly putting her body back together.
"Cat..."
The hedge wizard repeated in a monotone voice.
"Cat...cat..."

"Yeah, he's quite spoiled." Serge said with a chuckle. "But him just being asleep is kinda dumb. Let's wake him up shall we."

With a few quick edits, Serge opened the eyes of the cat, who now had a curious look on his face as it stared out of the page at the flattened hedge mage. "Looks like he likes you. But we need to add something else. You got any idea? Perhaps a hat? A scarf? Treadmill?" he asked hoping that Bianca had gained enough consciousness to make such a decision.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 pm

[Basement]

'A powerful group called "the Technocratic Union". In a nutshell, they see anything that's not a vanilla human as a "Reality Deviant" and is tagged to be destroyed, converted or contained, depending on what they are. We managed to turn up at your place 'bout half-hour before they did.'

"Well damn...I do not think we would have wanted to meet those...are they mages to?"
Alexis asked her eyes growing wide.

Unknown.'

The ghoul gave a worried frown to this.
"Vera have not done anything wrong, please let her go."
She muttered.

No, I'm just being honest. I appreciate that all this is way above your pay-grade...'

"Yeah it is..."
Alexis said and sigh.
"I wish I could help you but I can't I have med Mr Milliner a few times but never at his place so I do not really know what to do other than try to get myself and Vera and the cat out of this alive."

Nicole was silent to this, just giving a "I don't care" look. She'd in her book done the best she could to minimise damage or stress for the cargo, and that was enough for her.

The ghoul scowled at you but she did not comment further.

'That lie only holds up 'cos "everybody knows vampires ain't real". Plague means world will learn otherwise. After they've turned the last vampire to ash, they'll then wonder "what other shit is out there" and go after that with the best machine seventy years of paranoia can buy.' the large woman said in a matter-of-fact-manner.

"Yeah...that is how it go...and we have to try to avoid that I do not want to die."
Alexis muttered.
"Though I might be able to hide I mean if I go off the blood eventually I will be a regular human again, but Vera, she would be in allot of trouble."

"Yeah, he's quite spoiled." Serge said with a chuckle. "But him just being asleep is kinda dumb. Let's wake him up shall we."

With a few quick edits, Serge opened the eyes of the cat, who now had a curious look on his face as it stared out of the page at the flattened hedge mage. "Looks like he likes you. But we need to add something else. You got any idea? Perhaps a hat? A scarf? Treadmill?" he asked hoping that Bianca had gained enough consciousness to make such a decision.

"Cat...fat cat..."
Bianca muttered.
"Flower..."
She said weakly and she looked dully at the drawing of FruFru as Amadeus moved on to work on her abdomen and hips trying to get them back to a human body part shape rather than bloody pancake.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:06 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'Calling them that is one of the ways to piss 'em off. But on the bright side, there's not many things you could say which wouldn't.' the tiniest amount of a smile appearing for a couple of seconds.

Anja's Post:

'You don't know that for sure.' Nicole retorted. 'And we need to talk to her anyway. In fact, she might be the lucky one... as she's in the one place that the Union wouldn't hit to drag her for torture and then burning.'

Anja's Post:

'You can, actually. What car did Vera usually drive? Y'know, when she went off to meet Mr Milliner?'

Anja's Post:

'No. Know too much for the Union, you do. You'll need to be silenced too.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:21 pm

[Basement]

'Calling them that is one of the ways to piss 'em off. But on the bright side, there's not many things you could say which wouldn't.' the tiniest amount of a smile appearing for a couple of seconds.

"So ehm...call them mages and run like hell?"
Alexis commented with a bit of a smile.

'You don't know that for sure.' Nicole retorted. 'And we need to talk to her anyway. In fact, she might be the lucky one... as she's in the one place that the Union wouldn't hit to drag her for torture and then burning.'

"I guess one can never know 100 percent about anyone but I am pretty sure and I know Very pretty well...when you talk with her are you going to torture her?"
The ghoul asked sounding concerned glancing up at you.
"And this Union would kill her?"

'You can, actually. What car did Vera usually drive? Y'know, when she went off to meet Mr Milliner?'

"Ehm...she drives a silver BMW, it was a gift from her father, it should be in the garage of the apartment building we live in."
Alexis said.
"She took my car sometimes as well, it is a green Tesla, it is also in the garage."

'No. Know too much for the Union, you do. You'll need to be silenced too.'

"Yeah I guess but would they know I am anything but an ignorant little mortal, once I am off the blood I would be like everyone else."
Alexis commented.
"Might age a few years since I have been doing this for a while, but I would just be your average bitch of 50."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:30 pm

[Steelhaven grounds]

"That might be a good idea yes Sodalis."
Darrian said and nodded.

He nodded. "Please ask them if they have a spell against being checked for magick." Assuming not, he said to Telaris, "This will not hurt you." He raised his hands and discreetly made gestures for intelligo and vis, scanning the bird for magickal traces and markings left by magick.

Jeffry where still there directing pepole around. He looked up when he saw the two of you and your prisoner.
"Good...can you please see what you can get out of it gentlemen?"
The old Hermetic asked.

"Yes, sir," he replied to him. He didn't know the whole story of what went on but he knew enough to get started. He moved them to a spot that was not bound to be in the way of everyone coming and going but where the Chief could hear. "Very well, perhaps we should get started. You realize that your former bondsmate was, what I have heard called by other spirits, one with the dark inside that which cannot be touched? Of what type of spirit are you, before pressed into his service?"

// Prime 2 (magickal traces): 4, 0, 5 - if he were a cheeky orphan or VA, I suppose the rote could be called...spellcheck (sunglasses, YEAHHH) - perception for what he sees if anything: 5, 5, 8, 6, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:35 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Cat...fat cat..."
Bianca muttered.
"Flower..."
She said weakly and she looked dully at the drawing of FruFru as Amadeus moved on to work on her abdomen and hips trying to get them back to a human body part shape rather than bloody pancake.

"Nice choice!" Serge said approvingly making the proper edits to the picture. "We'll just tuck one right here behind it's ear. Let's go with a lily. I think their nice. All right just a few more...aaand there we go. How's it look?" he asked turning the picture over to the deformed hedge mage.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'Union isn't in the habit of letting folk go. Or even leaving the folk with the ability to go after the questions have finished.'

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, hoping that the Union had been lax and hadn't already sized the cars.

Anja's Post:

'Don't be so sure. The Union are decades ahead tech-wise. Think of it as you trying to pull off a crime in the world of Columbo but finding yourself being pursued by CSI instead.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:51 pm

[Steelhaven grounds]

He nodded. "Please ask them if they have a spell against being checked for magick." Assuming not, he said to Telaris, "This will not hurt you." He raised his hands and discreetly made gestures for intelligo and vis, scanning the bird for magickal traces and markings left by magick.

Darrian looked at the bird and asked.
"Do you have protections against being examined with magick Telaris?"
The parrot looked up.
"No."
She said simply. You cast your spell, there where no other magick about the parrot than the magick that would naturally be there since this was a familiar.

"Yes, sir," he replied to him. He didn't know the whole story of what went on but he knew enough to get started. He moved them to a spot that was not bound to be in the way of everyone coming and going but where the Chief could hear. "Very well, perhaps we should get started. You realize that your former bondsmate was, what I have heard called by other spirits, one with the dark inside that which cannot be touched? Of what type of spirit are you, before pressed into his service?"

You found a table in the common room to sit down and talk with Telaris the kaka bird regarded you for a while.
"Yes my master was a Nephandus...I have learned to speak like manifested beings do in the years since I took this form."
She said.
"I was not pressured Eric asked me to be his familiar and I agreed, I was the manifestation of Ten of Swords my name was Ruin...English version not French...and served a bank as a spirit of bankruptcy before he found me, I continued to be with my Master after he went to the Cauls."

[Basement]

"Nice choice!" Serge said approvingly making the proper edits to the picture. "We'll just tuck one right here behind it's ear. Let's go with a lily. I think their nice. All right just a few more...aaand there we go. How's it look?" he asked turning the picture over to the deformed hedge mage.

"Flower...flower..."
Bianca said then she suddenly cried out, she was healed enough now to start felling pain again and she groaned as Amadeus worked on her trying to save her life, she still did not seam completely present though but she was at least more clear headed than before, for good and ill.

'Union isn't in the habit of letting folk go. Or even leaving the folk with the ability to go after the questions have finished.'

"Yeah I guess so..."
Alexis said and sigh.
"You did not reply on whatever or not you would hurt Vera when talking with her though..."
The ghoul muttered suspiciously.

Don't be so sure. The Union are decades ahead tech-wise. Think of it as you trying to pull off a crime in the world of Columbo but finding yourself being pursued by CSI instead.'

"I guess...it could still be in my blood somehow...but I am rather good at taking care of myself."
Alexis retorted.
"But let us hope I do not have to leave my Mistress and go into hiding and that the supernatural societies stay hidden."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Yes my master was a Nephandus...I have learned to speak like manifested beings do in the years since I took this form."
She said.
"I was not pressured Eric asked me to be his familiar and I agreed, I was the manifestation of Ten of Swords my name was Ruin...English version not French...and served a bank as a spirit of bankruptcy before he found me, I continued to be with my Master after he went to the Cauls."

"I see. You did not have any choice to continue to be his familiar though after he went through the cauls, though did you? Do you understand the significance of that act? Perhaps you do, being what-you-are. Did your former Master have a plan in the event he died?" He frowned a little. "Please tell us what you know of your former Master's plans in action, his involvement with the man named Jace, and their plan to use the vampires to further spreading a virus against those with implants. Tell us what you know of Jace's being as a ghost-spirit and where his fetter is."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'Chances are, it won't be me doing the questioning.'

Anja's Post:

'You'd have to proper go to ground. As the Union piggybacks off Uncle Sam's abilities to spy and track us, which is many.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

[Common Room]

"I see. You did not have any choice to continue to be his familiar though after he went through the cauls, though did you?

"I could demand he sever the familiar bond, it would be painful for us both but it can be done but I did not want to, I love my master."
The parrot said simply.

Do you understand the significance of that act?

"No...I felt his pain for what you would call a thousand years and then he came back to me and then he was Nephandi."
The familiar replied.

Perhaps you do, being what-you-are. Did your former Master have a plan in the event he died?"

"Not that I know of no, three spirits I can not understand that should no be are waiting for his soul, but dead at least that which I can not touch will live on."
She replied sadly.
"I do not want to talk more about Eric dying."

He frowned a little. "Please tell us what you know of your former Master's plans in action, his involvement with the man named Jace, and their plan to use the vampires to further spreading a virus against those with implants. Tell us what you know of Jace's being as a ghost-spirit and where his fetter is."

"No my Master would not want me to do that, I might be bound, but I still have will and my loyalty to my Master come before the orders of those who just know my name."
The spirit said stubbornly.

[Basement]

Chances are, it won't be me doing the questioning.'

"I see..."
Alexis said then she hesitated.
"If you let me talk with her I can try to get her to cooperate so you will not have to harm her but please, I do not think she knows much."
The ghoul pleaded.

'You'd have to proper go to ground. As the Union piggybacks off Uncle Sam's abilities to spy and track us, which is many.'

"Going to ground would be nothing new."
The prisoner said and sigh.
"But yeah it would not be a desirable situation for anyone and I would be more scared of the regular folks than this Union of yours."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'That's not within my gift. I'm just the guard, me.'

Anja's Post:

The gun-toting woman shook her head to this. 'Angry mob would just string you up from a lamp-post or something. Union would torture you 'till they were sure they'd got every single drop of intel out of you.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm

[Common Room]
Jeremy wrote:Serge had a guilty look on his face and said, "But self-destructing your master seems like a last resort type of deal. Why'd the familiar just give up? He was fighting this entire time."
Colin shrugged, "I don't know; I haven't seen the creature, far less spoken to it... but whoever can capture and interrogate it might be able to find out."

[Basement]
Nicole wrote:'Could be, might not be. This is one answer we'll never get...' ending with a shrug.
He nodded, "Idle speculation indeed..."

Nicole wrote:'I tried to leave alone. But she wouldn't do it. Bad as my Mom, she is; just fucking picking and picking. So if I give it back, they've only got themselves to blame.' she replied, an undercurrent of annoyance and sourness.
He smiled wryly, "And that is why the team leader needs to be able to put the foot down and say 'we'll talk about this later'. Not to worry, that one took me a while to learn, too... I still think you can get there. Just make sure you actually do get back to the discussion after things settle down, or you might lose face."

Nicole wrote:The ghoul might notice a slight face on this part. 'Look, you're just caught in the crossfire here. Your chances of walking away from this are actually quite high.'
Anja wrote:"That is a relief I guess...what about Vera?"
Alexis asked nervously.
Nicole wrote:'Unknown.'
Anja wrote:The ghoul gave a worried frown to this.
"Vera have not done anything wrong, please let her go."
She muttered.
Nicole wrote:'You don't know that for sure.' Nicole retorted. 'And we need to talk to her anyway. In fact, she might be the lucky one... as she's in the one place that the Union wouldn't hit to drag her for torture and then burning.'
Anja wrote:"I guess one can never know 100 percent about anyone but I am pretty sure and I know Very pretty well...when you talk with her are you going to torture her?"
The ghoul asked sounding concerned glancing up at you.
"And this Union would kill her?"
Nicole wrote:'Union isn't in the habit of letting folk go. Or even leaving the folk with the ability to go after the questions have finished.'
Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess so..."
Alexis said and sigh.
"You did not reply on whatever or not you would hurt Vera when talking with her though..."
The ghoul muttered suspiciously.
Nicole wrote:'Chances are, it won't be me doing the questioning.'
Anja wrote:"I see..."
Alexis said then she hesitated.
"If you let me talk with her I can try to get her to cooperate so you will not have to harm her but please, I do not think she knows much."
The ghoul pleaded.
Nicole wrote:'That's not within my gift. I'm just the guard, me.'
He nodded, "Chances are, I will be the interrogator. I tend to get results without resorting to regrettable actions. I'll see what can be done about having you present. If we can restrain you sufficiently for it, of course - security concerns being what they are. If we can take your words at face value, though, it might not be necessary to unstake her for questioning - if that is the case, she's no security threat to us at all, and you may be all returned to your apartment at the earliest convenience. Likely with a small tampering with your memories of this place and its residents, as a small precaution."

Nicole wrote:'Yeah, like she'd have talked to mere food.' Nicole replied derisively. 'Anyway, another snatch team arrived just after we did.'
Anja wrote:"Yeah she would, she do not see human beings as just food and beside you guys are not normal human beings now are you, and another team? What someone else after Vera as well? Shit who are they?"
Alexis asked and she looked quite alarmed.
Nicole wrote:'A powerful group called "the Technocratic Union". In a nutshell, they see anything that's not a vanilla human as a "Reality Deviant" and is tagged to be destroyed, converted or contained, depending on what they are. We managed to turn up at your place 'bout half-hour before they did.'

Anja wrote:"Well damn...I do not think we would have wanted to meet those...are they mages to?"
Alexis asked her eyes growing wide.
Nicole wrote:'Calling them that is one of the ways to piss 'em off. But on the bright side, there's not many things you could say which wouldn't.' the tiniest amount of a smile appearing for a couple of seconds.
Anja wrote:"So ehm...call them mages and run like hell?"
Alexis commented with a bit of a smile.
He smiled wryly, "More like call them Mages and try to run... you may find that the heel of your shoe snaps, or someone opens a door right in front of you without noticing, or you slip on some dog's, ah, business card on the sidewalk, stopping your escape attempt on the spot... Far better to say nothing and try to not be noticed at all."

Anja wrote:"Hum...what ice cream? Oh yes I think I get I have heard about that incident, well it would make sense you would nto want to create a conflict with the Prince."
The ghoul said and she seamed to calm down a little.
"Thank you that is all I ask...if Vera is awake she will be scared I might be able to calm her down."
He nodded, "I don't so much mind vampires feeding off people - skimming off the top, if you will - but what that bloody Ventrue did was nothing short of mass murder for snacks and profit. He crossed a dangerous line..."

Nicole wrote:'Then war it will be. Hope vampires have asbestos bedding...'
Anja wrote:"I guess I will have to buy some for Vera, listen lady I do not know anything else, scaring me with a worst case scenario can not make me tell you things I don't know."
The ghoul said with a sigh.
Nicole wrote:'No, I'm just being honest. I appreciate that all this is way above your pay-grade...'
Anja wrote:"Yeah it is..."
Alexis said and sigh.
"I wish I could help you but I can't I have med Mr Milliner a few times but never at his place so I do not really know what to do other than try to get myself and Vera and the cat out of this alive."
Nicole wrote:'You can, actually. What car did Vera usually drive? Y'know, when she went off to meet Mr Milliner?'
Anja wrote:"Ehm...she drives a silver BMW, it was a gift from her father, it should be in the garage of the apartment building we live in."
Alexis said.
"She took my car sometimes as well, it is a green Tesla, it is also in the garage."
Nicole wrote:A nod to this, hoping that the Union had been lax and hadn't already sized the cars.
He frowned, then arched an eyebrow and gave Nicole a sideways look, "You're thinking of checking the GPS logs or somesuch?"

Nicole wrote:'Oh, I think if she's like reasonable she'll see we picked the "least worst" option...'
Anja wrote:"I am not talking about Vera holding a grudge here Lady I am talking about her being traumatized, if you where kidnapped, tortured, and scared out of your mind would it help knowing that the one who did it could have done worse? Would it make you less terrified and traumatized afterwards?"
Alexis asked and she gave Nicole a bit of a look.
Nicole wrote:Nicole was silent to this, just giving a "I don't care" look. She'd in her book done the best she could to minimise damage or stress for the cargo, and that was enough for her.
Anja wrote:The ghoul scowled at you but she did not comment further.
He frowned, "Stockholm Syndrome is a thing... but let us try to avoid that particular scenario. Suffice to say, we can ameliorate the trauma to some extent, and the less harm we've actually done, the easier that becomes... but it is like the saying, it's easier to make a functional adult if you don't first have to repair a broken child..."

Nicole wrote:'How about on "crimes against humanity" or "attempt to cause fucking genocide", eh?' ending with a sneer.
Anja wrote:"Hey neither me nor Vera have tried to genocide anyone!"
The ghoul protested.
He gave Nicole a dirty look, "Let's try to avoid automatic guilt by association, shall we? We're still investigating the extent of the conspiracy, and for now, it might stop at Francis Milliner."

Nicole wrote:'Predicted death toll: at least million-half in the US alone.'
Anja wrote:"Well...shit..."
Alexis muttered.
He nodded, "Shit indeed."

Anja wrote:"That sounds pretty bad, not that it surprise me the Milliners are involved in some fucked up shit both on and off the books but I do not know anything about that and I can not imagine Vera knows either."
Alexis said and sigh.
"But yeah that might blow the whistle on us all indeed and we would not want that. Mortals with pitchforks...I would prefer not to experience that."
Nicole wrote:'Who needs pitchforks when they've got .50-cal weapons, napalm, tanks and cruise missiles?' Nicole replied, arching an eyebrow. 'Vampires against everything Uncle Sam can muster... Army, Air Force, FBI, cops, National Guard... That won't be a war, that will be a fucking massacre. On the dead side.'
Anja wrote:"Yeah...that is why we have the masquerade...ehm vampire society stay hidden and since I have not heard about you lot I suspect you do as well, to avoid that, regular humans outnumber supernaturals so much that they will be able to annihilate us if they find out we exist."
The ghoul said and sigh.
"No one would want that."
Nicole wrote:'That lie only holds up 'cos "everybody knows vampires ain't real". Plague means world will learn otherwise. After they've turned the last vampire to ash, they'll then wonder "what other shit is out there" and go after that with the best machine seventy years of paranoia can buy.' the large woman said in a matter-of-fact-manner.
Anja wrote:"Yeah...that is how it go...and we have to try to avoid that I do not want to die."
Alexis muttered.
"Though I might be able to hide I mean if I go off the blood eventually I will be a regular human again, but Vera, she would be in allot of trouble."
Nicole wrote:'No. Know too much for the Union, you do. You'll need to be silenced too.'
Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess but would they know I am anything but an ignorant little mortal, once I am off the blood I would be like everyone else."
Alexis commented.
"Might age a few years since I have been doing this for a while, but I would just be your average bitch of 50."
Nicole wrote:'Don't be so sure. The Union are decades ahead tech-wise. Think of it as you trying to pull off a crime in the world of Columbo but finding yourself being pursued by CSI instead.'
Anja wrote:"I guess...it could still be in my blood somehow...but I am rather good at taking care of myself."
Alexis retorted.
"But let us hope I do not have to leave my Mistress and go into hiding and that the supernatural societies stay hidden."
Nicole wrote:'You'd have to proper go to ground. As the Union piggybacks off Uncle Sam's abilities to spy and track us, which is many.'
Anja wrote:"Going to ground would be nothing new."
The prisoner said and sigh.
"But yeah it would not be a desirable situation for anyone and I would be more scared of the regular folks than this Union of yours."
Nicole wrote:The gun-toting woman shook her head to this. 'Angry mob would just string you up from a lamp-post or something. Union would torture you 'till they were sure they'd got every single drop of intel out of you.'
He frowned, "Not so much CSI... More like expecting NYPD Blue and getting the Men In Black. Which incidentally is exactly what would happen - though MIBs are technically not human, they're more like artificial shock troopers in black suits. And the Union wouldn't necessarily kill you, either - they always need warm bodies for, well... let's just say that the Nazi death camps were very much a Union thing..."

Anja wrote:Alexis looked at you for a moment and then looked down again.
"It is important she is not scared further in the condition she is in most things will terrify her, if she can be led to believe she is safe and will not be harmed that might help, but the only thing that really will make a difference is the time she spend staked it have to be kept as short as possible, please...and if I could talk to her, perhaps keep her calm."
The ghoul said with a concerned look in her eyes.
He nodded, "I will see what I can do. Thank you for the offer."

Nicole wrote:'This is why we need more proper fucking cells.'
Anja wrote:"Well we do not have one proper cell right now as it blew up but yes a few more cells, perhaps enchanted like the ones at Morningstar so those put in them can not use their magick would be nice."
Richard said and Alexis looked like a question mark.
"Well anyway such cells cost money, money we don't got."
The doctor continued and shrugged.
"So we have to make due with what we got."
He sighed, "You're absolutely correct that we need more and better cells, but space and materials remain the issue. Until we have someone here who can pull Primium wall paneling out of their rear end, I'm afraid better cells remain on the long-term wish list."

Anja wrote:"I do not have any of the serum on me but I could call someone and ask them to get some from the Chief."
Richard offered.
He nodded, "Do so."

Anja wrote:"Well if you where drawing blood for a medical test then arteries would be no good as most tests are based on venal blood, drawing some to use for an Arcane connection though it should not matter so you can try, your best chance are in the part of the body which have been down during transport, if you can't get some we can try taking blood directly from her heart but that might harm her so let us try other methods first."
Richard said.

It was not easy, you had to try a few time but in one of the smaller veins in Vera's thin arm you found enough blood to fill a tube, the vampire did not seam to notice, she would not feel your attemnts to get her blood over the pain she was in from the stake and she was also in deep sleep.
He smiled thinly, "Sleep well, Miss... I don't know how you can sleep through that, but... you are fortunate."
He stepped back from the box, capping the needle again, "This should lead us straight to Mr. Milliner."
He frowned for a moment, then looked at the ghoul, "Miss, I am afraid I never caught your name... Vera is sleeping peacefully, it appears someone managed to cushion her mind from the pain of the stake. Best not interfere with that unless absolutely necessary."
He nodded to Nicole, "Alright, I'll confer with the Chief - keep her covered until she's restrained again, then help out at your own discretion?"
He glanced to the laundry room, "Actually, with her strength reduced to that of a normal human, why not handcuff her to the pipes against the back wall in the laundry room? From there, she can watch over Miss Milliner without being able to reach her. Ah, I'll leave that to your better judgment."
He glanced around the area once more, then headed up to find Morgan again.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 pm

[Basement]

Colin's Post:

'What's there to discuss? I am wrong, she is right and not even a bombing run from B52's will budge her from it.' clearly somewhat annoyed.

Colin's Post:

The look on Nicole's face made it clear that unlike Colin yes, she did have a problem with that.

Colin's Post:

'I would give you a "well, duh" look for that but I can't.' Nicole replied, continuing to aim her carbine at the ghoul.

Colin's Post:

'If it gets that bad, somebody will have to take the rap for it. Bodies to be thrown to the baying mob so they don't start ripping up shit and torching buildings...'

Colin's Post:

'Ah, the good old laundry-brig.' Nicole quipped. 'Get the Chief to send me backup. Just in case. Oh, send someone to my place to make sure there's no fire in my kitchen too...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next