Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 19 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:59 pm

[Chief's Office]

"I will. Don't worry." Serge assured the elder mage.

"Good."
Jeffry said simply.

"That's how we did it for the last mission." Serge said glancing at Nicole. "Forced them asleep at a distance and then just walked in. Making them 'step to the side' is also doable in a variety of ways depending on what type of guards they are."

"That might indeed be the right way to handle the ghoul, you will have to see when you get there Mr Yager every situation is different."
The war mage said and nodded.

"I haven't use these in a while." Serge said catching the coal sticks and looking at the package. "Can't say there my favorite instrument in the world. But they should be fine."

"Good, hopefully they will not scare our target."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Sometimes we have to do with tools we might not prefer when the situation calls for it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 19 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:29 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess that is a small price to pay for earning the girl's trust, and it looks like she do trust you without question Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said with a bit of a smile.
Jeremy wrote:"...Now I kinda wanna get kicked by her since everyone's hyping it up. Would be an interesting experience." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Do you think the idea of having a bone broken or fractured are fun child?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow and gave Serge a stern look.
"For I can assure you that while there are many things that hurt far more broken bones are not enjoyable."
Jeremy wrote:"I never said anything about fun. I said it'd be an interesting experience. I've never broken a bone before. Or have been kicked." Serge explained.
Anja wrote:Jeffry sigh and shook his head.
"Seers of Chronos."
He muttered under his breath before he addressed Serge again.
"Just make sure your search for interesting experiences do not endanger anyone else young man."
Jeremy wrote:"I will. Don't worry." Serge assured the elder mage.
Anja wrote:"Good."
Jeffry said simply.
Colin chuckled softly, "Well, I suppose an early morning spar on the rooftop under Dr. Lee's tutelage could be arranged..."
He gave Serge an odd look, "Seers of Chronos indeed... hum, that's a bit odd, you remind me of someone I knew, long ago... Never really noticed that before..."

Anja wrote:"Very well you may speak with Dr Terlitzer about this but only at the Umbral Port in neutral territory and only if we find out it is likely that the money mongers are actually hiding Mr Milliner rather than holding him prisoner, let us not risk burning our credibility with this Progenitor as she might be useful to us."
The Chief said with a frown.
He smiled thinly, "We're already in an unofficial information exchange deal with her to combat the plague. But yes, that only extends to the Umbral Port. Still, letting her know that we know where Milliner and the Syndicate construct are will likely be beneficial in any case, or at least not harmful to us."

S7trif3 wrote:"Damn bird," he said with a frown at hearing the extent of things. "I will be glad when she is no longer here at home but I bet she has something under her wing, I wouldn't be surprised. She's tricky and a menace, plus I don't think she likes me very much. Remind me to give you her Name, in case you didn't hear it, pater."
Anja wrote:"Well she is an Entropic spirit of ruin and you have a affinity for higher things there is no wonder she do not like you mea filius."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"Her name will be useful when I banish her indeed, Mr Wainwright have asked to be allowed a few words with her before I do so."
Your Mentor said.
"But yes I am pretty sure she have some plan, and I intend to foil it even if she is a clever creature."
He pondered, "I did not get her name, either... and I don't think we shared ours with her, for that matter. We might want to make sure she does not have links to other individuals of interest, though."

Anja wrote:"I see that do sound serious...perhaps we should try to offer some incentive to get Chantry members to do regular blood donations a few times a year so we have more in reserve for such situations...I will have to discuss it it the Deacon Council...I hope Master Nassa get what he need to recover though for just as he saved his former apprentice it is clear why we need him he can drag someone back from the brink of death."
Jeffry said with a concerned frown.
S7trif3 wrote:"Jesus," he said, shaking his head at the mental image that brought up.
Anja wrote:"The young lady is fortunate to be alive."
Jeffry said with a concerned frown.
He nodded, "It was quite bad - Miss Rozzo got rather... sandwiched when the cell wall decided to cross the hallway. I don't think Master Nassa has had to work so hard in ages, possibly barring when he saved Lady Ceris' life... We are quite blessed to have so skilled a healer in our midst."

S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe we can grab some blankets," he said, mentally making a list of how to get the vampire out and secured in the car without tumbling about. "As for the sunlight issue, we'll need to make sure where we put him doesn't get any sunlight. I might be able to help with that, but it depends on where he is put, and there might be an easier way," he said, thinking out loud.
Anja wrote:"Blankets might help and so might your magick mea filius but these beings are very sensitive to the sun so you need to be careful, we need this boy alive."
Your Mentor replied.
He paused, "We might be able to get a long cardboard box for concealment - something like an IKEA box or something. Vampires tend not to be quite as likely to fold in the middle as a living person, after all..."

Anja wrote:"I have met those like him before...many times those who would torment those they see as lesser..."
The war mage said and the temperature rose slightly.
"I guess you are right...we will see indeed Mr Wainwright..."
He added after a while but his dark eyes had gotten even darker.
He nodded, "We'll try to avoid needless bloodshed. But there will be some by the end of the affair..."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:Crexia was quiet for a while then she glanced around to see that no one was close enough to overhear.
"Very well, I do not like the idea of someone suffering for eternity just for being what they are...I aid you but you will have to swear to me that if you find out my secret you will tell no one Mr Wainwright...I assure you it is not illegal it is a personal matter I would like to stay personal, and also I can not guarantee that this endeavor will be safe, we will have to petition a major God, an Olympian, a Planetary Ruler and Gods can be cruel."
She said and there was a strange look in her eyes before she returned to her emotionless expression.
"But if these two conditions are understood my good man then I will aid you in this endeavor."
He hesitated for a moment, then nodded, "I swear on my Avatar, whatever secret you have in dealing with Gods is yours to share or retain, not mine. And I know Gods can be cruel - it was one of their number who created vampires, and their punishment for being vampires, after all... I just hope we can petition one with which I have a... shared affinity. Perhaps Athena or Hephaestus, for example, if my admittedly light research into the Greek pantheon is to be trusted."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:03 am

[Chief's Office]

Adley's Post:

Nicole, still leaning up against the wall, patted down several of her pockets, pulled out an energy bar and tossed over to Adley. If he looks carefully, he'll see it's a "Soldier Fuel" bar, peanut butter flavour, the military variant and six months past it's Best Before date.

Colin's Post:

'Highly doubtful. We don't have the time to properly organise this or anything. I feel the ROE with the ghoul may be too tight in this case.'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Hell no - that thing handles only marginally better than a shopping carriage. Plus it's known to the Union now. Both the Subaru or my Victoria has a big enough trunk for just one cargo.'

Serge's Post:

'We don't have time for that. It's gonna be dark within the next ten minutes; any time after that, Giovannis are gonna start waking up and realising something's fucked up. We also need to remember that there's the chance the Union will find or be looking for this target too.' Nicole replied forcefully.

Colin's Post:

'Does it matter? Get some sheets or bit of carpet, dump it in the trunk, get the hell out of there. We don't even know what the target building is...' she retorted, pulling out her phone to take a look at the street view of the property. 'What's the address again?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:24 am

[Chief's Office]

He smiled thinly, "We're already in an unofficial information exchange deal with her to combat the plague. But yes, that only extends to the Umbral Port. Still, letting her know that we know where Milliner and the Syndicate construct are will likely be beneficial in any case, or at least not harmful to us."

"Very well, letting her know that Milliner are being kept by the Syndicate could not harm I guess but do not make any accusations of things we are not sure of yet. The last thing we need is to appear unreliable in this."
Jeffry said with a nod.

He pondered, "I did not get her name, either... and I don't think we shared ours with her, for that matter. We might want to make sure she does not have links to other individuals of interest, though."

"We did not share our names with her hum...asking her of other persons of interest before I banish her might be a good idea indeed, do you wish to do so Mr Wainwright when you speak with her or should I?"
The old Hermetic asked.

He nodded, "It was quite bad - Miss Rozzo got rather... sandwiched when the cell wall decided to cross the hallway. I don't think Master Nassa has had to work so hard in ages, possibly barring when he saved Lady Ceris' life... We are quite blessed to have so skilled a healer in our midst."

"Yeah we are fortunate indeed, the man is a bit of a bastard but his skills as a healer are quite impressive."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I am glad Miss Rozzo made it though, I am glad we did not loose anyone."

He paused, "We might be able to get a long cardboard box for concealment - something like an IKEA box or something. Vampires tend not to be quite as likely to fold in the middle as a living person, after all..."

"That is a possible solution yes, if the box can be sun proofed."
The Chief said and nodded.

He nodded, "We'll try to avoid needless bloodshed. But there will be some by the end of the affair..."

"Yes indeed so Mr Wainwright a reckoning are coming."
The Security Chief said darkly.
"It is very much coming."

Hell no - that thing handles only marginally better than a shopping carriage. Plus it's known to the Union now. Both the Subaru or my Victoria has a big enough trunk for just one cargo.'

"The Subaru is possible as if everything go wrong and the Union tag the car it can be abandoned."
Jeffry said and frowned.

We don't have time for that. It's gonna be dark within the next ten minutes; any time after that, Giovannis are gonna start waking up and realising something's fucked up. We also need to remember that there's the chance the Union will find or be looking for this target too.' Nicole replied forcefully.

"I agree you must leave and soon but there are the time of the road Miss Bouchard that Mr Yager might as well put to good use yes?"
Jeffry said and he looked over at Nicole and then at Serge.

Does it matter? Get some sheets or bit of carpet, dump it in the trunk, get the hell out of there. We don't even know what the target building is...' she retorted, pulling out her phone to take a look at the street view of the property. 'What's the address again?'

Jeffry raised an eyebrow but he did not comment at the moment.

[Upstairs]

He hesitated for a moment, then nodded, "I swear on my Avatar, whatever secret you have in dealing with Gods is yours to share or retain, not mine. And I know Gods can be cruel - it was one of their number who created vampires, and their punishment for being vampires, after all... I just hope we can petition one with which I have a... shared affinity. Perhaps Athena or Hephaestus, for example, if my admittedly light research into the Greek pantheon is to be trusted."

Crexia listened to you as you swore to keep her secret then she nodded.
"Then Mr Wainwright I will aid you."
The ancient lich said then she considered for a moment.
"I have more affinity for Mars and he is far higher in the hierarchy and are a planetary ruler...Athena can be difficult to work with she might decide a vampire deserve their punishment but Hephaestus though he have compassion for the broken, we can try calling to him, but as he is not a planetary ruler a certain Celestine might ignore him...but there is a chance."
The Tytali said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 am

[Chief's Office]

Colin wrote:Colin chuckled softly, "Well, I suppose an early morning spar on the rooftop under Dr. Lee's tutelage could be arranged..."
He gave Serge an odd look, "Seers of Chronos indeed... hum, that's a bit odd, you remind me of someone I knew, long ago... Never really noticed that before..."

"That's not the first time I've heard that old name today. Which reminds me....I have some unrelated but important information to tell you when we've got the time." Serge said glancing at Colin.

Nicole wrote:'Highly doubtful. We don't have the time to properly organise this or anything. I feel the ROE with the ghoul may be too tight in this case.'

"Can't we just do the sleeping beauty play like last time? That doesn't take much time at all. All I'd need is the faces of the ghouls guarding him and I can mess with them. And those can't be too hard to get with Jon on the team." Serge suggested.

Anja wrote:"That might indeed be the right way to handle the ghoul, you will have to see when you get there Mr Yager every situation is different."
The war mage said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:'We don't have time for that. It's gonna be dark within the next ten minutes; any time after that, Giovannis are gonna start waking up and realising something's fucked up. We also need to remember that there's the chance the Union will find or be looking for this target too.' Nicole replied forcefully.
Anja wrote:"I agree you must leave and soon but there are the time of the road Miss Bouchard that Mr Yager might as well put to good use yes?"
Jeffry said and he looked over at Nicole and then at Serge.

"That's what I was thinking as well. And if Mr. Wainwright allows it I can learn how that oracle looks like and make a drawing right now. Casting the actual spells can be done while we're heading towards the building." Serge agreed.

"And if Jon or Mr. Wainwright can scry out the location in advance during the road trip we can learn what those guards look like as well as the layout of the place. Vampire aren't likely to have wards against scrying right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:04 am

[Chief's Office]

"Can't we just do the sleeping beauty play like last time? That doesn't take much time at all. All I'd need is the faces of the ghouls guarding him and I can mess with them. And those can't be too hard to get with Jon on the team." Serge suggested.

"If there are no wards or other obstructions to Mr Sherman's scrying that would seam like a workable plan depending on how quick a caster you are Mr Yager, it might even be quicker than using force."
Jeffry agreed.

"That's what I was thinking as well. And if Mr. Wainwright allows it I can learn how that oracle looks like and make a drawing right now. Casting the actual spells can be done while we're heading towards the building." Serge agreed.

"Yes but not on the oracle as I have already said Mr Yager, if there is to be any point to doing this mission, it is to try to get this boy to cooperate with us, starting things of by raping his mind is probably not going to make him trust us any faster."
The war mage said sternly.
"Only and I stress only if the boy agree for you to mess with his mind may you do so."

"And if Jon or Mr. Wainwright can scry out the location in advance during the road trip we can learn what those guards look like as well as the layout of the place. Vampire aren't likely to have wards against scrying right?"

"That depends on the Massassa Mr Yager, the Giovanni are Necromancer so I would nto suprised if they ahve spirits guarding their assets, and these spirits might detect such scrying, in addition if they are Necromancers chances are they know some hedge wizardry which means they might indeed have wards and I have heard some Massassa can feel the supernatural so it would be a risk of tipping them off before you got there vs benefit scenario young man, if you are making the drawings just to be prepared in case you need them then I would say the risk is to high but if you have a direct plan using them then the situation might be different."
Jeffry said simply.
"I will leave that decicion in your Cabal leader's hands."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:20 am

[Cheif's office]

"Her name will be useful when I banish her indeed, Mr Wainwright have asked to be allowed a few words with her before I do so." Your Mentor said. "But yes I am pretty sure she have some plan, and I intend to foil it even if she is a clever creature."

He nodded. "I don't even want to write it down without protections. The alchemist of course also knows it. His four legged friend is watching over her while she stays in the cabinet. But when you go talk with her you could mention those people of interest, since it will at least talk to you without showing its tailfeathers." He frowned. "I heard something was going on at the other chantry that the doctor went to, bad stuff that made me concerned about the person that I found on the way back here earlier."

"We did not share our names with her hum...asking her of other persons of interest before I banish her might be a good idea indeed, do you wish to do so Mr Wainwright when you speak with her or should I?"
The old Hermetic asked.

"Not on purpose but I know it overheard a lot while it was in the living room. There wasn't any where else to bring her, but I'm sure she did overhear plenty."

"Blankets might help and so might your magick mea filius but these beings are very sensitive to the sun so you need to be careful, we need this boy alive."
Your Mentor replied.
'Hell no - that thing handles only marginally better than a shopping carriage. Plus it's known to the Union now. Both the Subaru or my Victoria has a big enough trunk for just one cargo.'
Does it matter? Get some sheets or bit of carpet, dump it in the trunk, get the hell out of there. We don't even know what the target building is...' she retorted, pulling out her phone to take a look at the street view of the property. 'What's the address again?'

"And sane. Or at least not less sane than he is now. We can't just dump him in the trunk, he's traumatized enough as it is, so yes it matters. And he has a name, he's not an it. Suburu it is then."

Jeffry handed you a bag of the nut mix he enjoyed, the one he had previously offered to Colin. "I have this, and yes I suspect Mr Sherman can help with security systems, the man is quite skilled with what he do, even if I forget he is there half the time."
Nicole, still leaning up against the wall, patted down several of her pockets, pulled out an energy bar and tossed over to Adley. If he looks carefully, he'll see it's a "Soldier Fuel" bar, peanut butter flavour, the military variant and six months past it's Best Before date.

"Thank you," he said, taking the bag from his pater. Then he caught the bar from Nicole. "Thank you too," he said, looking over what it was that she'd tossed him. "That should hold me over."

"As for things we need. A layout of the building where the oracle is being held in would be nice. Is that something we have?" he asked, looking around at the group.

"Yes, if there's a garage that will be easier."

"That depends on the Massassa Mr Yager, the Giovanni are Necromancer so I would nto suprised if they ahve spirits guarding their assets, and these spirits might detect such scrying, in addition if they are Necromancers chances are they know some hedge wizardry which means they might indeed have wards and I have heard some Massassa can feel the supernatural so it would be a risk of tipping them off before you got there vs benefit scenario young man, if you are making the drawings just to be prepared in case you need them then I would say the risk is to high but if you have a direct plan using them then the situation might be different."

"I can probably manage to enchant a weapon in the car for a short while in case we need it. Wards will be a time suck though, and if there's ghosts..."

"Working up a shield beforehand is probably a good idea mea filius, better safe than sorry."

"I'll get some blankets and meet you guys downstairs then, at the car. I'll work on it till we leave."

// unless it's obvious, I doubt Adley will think to check the BB date

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 am

[Cheif's office]

He nodded. "I don't even want to write it down without protections. The alchemist of course also knows it. His four legged friend is watching over her while she stays in the cabinet. But when you go talk with her you could mention those people of interest, since it will at least talk to you without showing its tailfeathers." He frowned. "I heard something was going on at the other chantry that the doctor went to, bad stuff that made me concerned about the person that I found on the way back here earlier."

"I am sure Dr Lee will contact you as soon as he can mea filius as for the bird, I will bind her not to speak of an anything she have seen or heard here before I banish her, but it is best if she do not learn any more, her name though, we are going to have to be careful with."
Jeffry said and he frowned.
"Rude little bastard that she is."

"Not on purpose but I know it overheard a lot while it was in the living room. There wasn't any where else to bring her, but I'm sure she did overhear plenty."

"This is true and is why I will do a binding on her before I release her spirit."
Your Mentor replied.

"And sane. Or at least not less sane than he is now. We can't just dump him in the trunk, he's traumatized enough as it is, so yes it matters. And he has a name, he's not an it. Suburu it is then."

The old Hermetic nodded in agreement to that though he still said nothing.

"I can probably manage to enchant a weapon in the car for a short while in case we need it. Wards will be a time suck though, and if there's ghosts..."

"We can do only what we can mea filius, you have to see what you will have time for doing, shields are quite practical though."
Your Mentor replied.
"But it seam that once again we are working against the clock."

"I'll get some blankets and meet you guys downstairs then, at the car. I'll work on it till we leave."

"Be safe mea filius."
Jeffry said and he gestured that you where dismissed to go and prepare for the mission ahead.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 pm

[Chief's Office]
Jeremy wrote:"That's not the first time I've heard that old name today. Which reminds me....I have some unrelated but important information to tell you when we've got the time." Serge said glancing at Colin.
Colin arched an eyebrow, then nodded, "I'll try to find a few minutes after the mission, then..."

Anja wrote:"Very well, letting her know that Milliner are being kept by the Syndicate could not harm I guess but do not make any accusations of things we are not sure of yet. The last thing we need is to appear unreliable in this."
Jeffry said with a nod.
He nodded, "Of course."

Anja wrote:"We did not share our names with her hum...asking her of other persons of interest before I banish her might be a good idea indeed, do you wish to do so Mr Wainwright when you speak with her or should I?"
The old Hermetic asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"Not on purpose but I know it overheard a lot while it was in the living room. There wasn't any where else to bring her, but I'm sure she did overhear plenty."
Anja wrote:"This is true and is why I will do a binding on her before I release her spirit."
Your Mentor replied.
He frowned, "It might... be prudent not to actually name any persons of interest to her, since I think it seems likely she would seek them out to help ruin our day afterwards... I was thinking more of checking her for connections to people, rather than asking specifically..."

Nicole wrote:'Highly doubtful. We don't have the time to properly organise this or anything. I feel the ROE with the ghoul may be too tight in this case.'
Jeremy wrote:"Can't we just do the sleeping beauty play like last time? That doesn't take much time at all. All I'd need is the faces of the ghouls guarding him and I can mess with them. And those can't be too hard to get with Jon on the team." Serge suggested.
Anja wrote:"If there are no wards or other obstructions to Mr Sherman's scrying that would seam like a workable plan depending on how quick a caster you are Mr Yager, it might even be quicker than using force."
Jeffry agreed.
He nodded, "I second the sleeping beauty trick. We're not bringing the ghoul with us, and if we can render them unconscious before our arrival, all the better. Saves us being recognized, too."

Anja wrote:"That is a possible solution yes, if the box can be sun proofed."
The Chief said and nodded.
He nodded, "Won't be much sun left at that time anyway, but yes... a bit of opaque tape will help, and a couple of blankets..."

Nicole wrote:'Hell no - that thing handles only marginally better than a shopping carriage. Plus it's known to the Union now. Both the Subaru or my Victoria has a big enough trunk for just one cargo.'
Anja wrote:
"The Subaru is possible as if everything go wrong and the Union tag the car it can be abandoned."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "Alright, if that'll be safe for the task..."

Nicole wrote:'Does it matter? Get some sheets or bit of carpet, dump it in the trunk, get the hell out of there. We don't even know what the target building is...' she retorted, pulling out her phone to take a look at the street view of the property. 'What's the address again?'
Anja wrote:Jeffry raised an eyebrow but he did not comment at the moment.
S7trif3 wrote:"And sane. Or at least not less sane than he is now. We can't just dump him in the trunk, he's traumatized enough as it is, so yes it matters. And he has a name, he's not an it. Suburu it is then."
Anja wrote:The old Hermetic nodded in agreement to that though he still said nothing.
He frowned, "His name is Shawn, and he's just a kid. And it's the address Fio gave us, same as for the key you found in his apartment."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:Crexia listened to you as you swore to keep her secret then she nodded.
"Then Mr Wainwright I will aid you."
The ancient lich said then she considered for a moment.
"I have more affinity for Mars and he is far higher in the hierarchy and are a planetary ruler...Athena can be difficult to work with she might decide a vampire deserve their punishment but Hephaestus though he have compassion for the broken, we can try calling to him, but as he is not a planetary ruler a certain Celestine might ignore him...but there is a chance."
The Tytali said and nodded.
He nodded, "Then I believe going with your recommendation is the better plan; though I think Athena might find some sympathy for a Toreador, what with both being consummate patrons of the arts. Still, as you say, a planetary ruler does seem the... safer choice, for lack of a better term."

He led her onward in fairly quiet contemplation until they reached Morgan's office, and he knocked lightly, "Here we are, Milady - Chief Morgan's office."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:51 pm

[Chief's Office]

He frowned, "It might... be prudent not to actually name any persons of interest to her, since I think it seems likely she would seek them out to help ruin our day afterwards... I was thinking more of checking her for connections to people, rather than asking specifically..."

"I am not planning on naming anyone to our guest, I am planning on forbidding her from talking about her time here and sending her spirit on it's way."
Jeffry said and he gave you a confused look.
"I am afraid I am not sure what you are talking about here Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "I second the sleeping beauty trick. We're not bringing the ghoul with us, and if we can render them unconscious before our arrival, all the better. Saves us being recognized, too."

"Whatever get the job done with the least amount of risk and collateral damage."
The Chief agreed.

He nodded, "Won't be much sun left at that time anyway, but yes... a bit of opaque tape will help, and a couple of blankets..."

"Even a dying sun can be harmful to a Massassa and it would be impractical to be stuck in that apartment waiting for Helios to finish his trek across the skies."
Jeffry said.
"Some tape and blankets might work though."

He nodded, "Alright, if that'll be safe for the task..."

"It should be, it is a decent vehicle."
The old Hermetic commented.

[Upstairs]

He nodded, "Then I believe going with your recommendation is the better plan; though I think Athena might find some sympathy for a Toreador, what with both being consummate patrons of the arts. Still, as you say, a planetary ruler does seem the... safer choice, for lack of a better term."

"Planetary rulers are powerful and they have been linked with the pantheon of the Celestine in question making for an easier crossover. Athena might favor such a massassa indeed, or she might find some moral fault or arrogance and at best refuse to help, I do believe a planetary ruler will be the best bet."
Crexia said softly.

He led her onward in fairly quiet contemplation until they reached Morgan's office, and he knocked lightly, "Here we are, Milady - Chief Morgan's office."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I will see you later then."
Crexia said before Jeffry came to open the door. The old Hermetic bowed deeply.
"Lady Crexia it is an honor to see you again."
He said then he turned to you.
"Thank you for bringing the good lady here Mr Wainwright."
He said the others seamed to have left his office by now to get ready for the mission ahead.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"I am not planning on naming anyone to our guest, I am planning on forbidding her from talking about her time here and sending her spirit on it's way."
Jeffry said and he gave you a confused look.
"I am afraid I am not sure what you are talking about here Mr Wainwright."
Colin shook his head, "I'd be worried if we were to ask her about, say, a certain Quaesitor, she might decide to seek out said person afterwards to hurt us..."

Anja wrote:"Even a dying sun can be harmful to a Massassa and it would be impractical to be stuck in that apartment waiting for Helios to finish his trek across the skies."
Jeffry said.
"Some tape and blankets might work though."
He nodded, "Of course, but there might be more shadows we can take advantage of at that point. Or, if we're lucky, a garage."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:"Planetary rulers are powerful and they have been linked with the pantheon of the Celestine in question making for an easier crossover. Athena might favor such a massassa indeed, or she might find some moral fault or arrogance and at best refuse to help, I do believe a planetary ruler will be the best bet."
Crexia said softly.
He nodded, "As you say, Milady."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright, I will see you later then."
Crexia said before Jeffry came to open the door. The old Hermetic bowed deeply.
"Lady Crexia it is an honor to see you again."
He said then he turned to you.
"Thank you for bringing the good lady here Mr Wainwright."
He said the others seamed to have left his office by now to get ready for the mission ahead.
He bowed politely, "The least I could do, Sir. I've retrieved the key to the seer's... location, and will be headed down to see to the rest of the team. I believe I will find Mr. Sherman in the common room, and that should be the lot of us, I think. Madame Gottschalk offered to join, but I do believe we already have a full car."
He bowed lightly again, and turned to head down to the common room.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:29 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"If there are no wards or other obstructions to Mr Sherman's scrying that would seam like a workable plan depending on how quick a caster you are Mr Yager, it might even be quicker than using force."
Jeffry agreed.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I second the sleeping beauty trick. We're not bringing the ghoul with us, and if we can render them unconscious before our arrival, all the better. Saves us being recognized, too."
Anja wrote:"Whatever get the job done with the least amount of risk and collateral damage."
The Chief agreed.

"Sleeping beauty it is then." Serge said with a nod. "And I'm pretty quick. I know it'll take less than 15 minutes. And the guard characters are never important in the beginning of a heist so it shouldn't be much time at all."

Anja wrote:"Yes but not on the oracle as I have already said Mr Yager, if there is to be any point to doing this mission, it is to try to get this boy to cooperate with us, starting things of by raping his mind is probably not going to make him trust us any faster."
The war mage said sternly.
"Only and I stress only if the boy agree for you to mess with his mind may you do so."

"I know that." Serge said, a little annoyed at the mention of 'raping the mind'. "I had other plans with that picture anyways. If so many people are gunning for this oracle I was wondering if getting them to see this boy wondering around will get them off our backs. That's, of course, a contingency plan if we took too long and it's dark out but it's something I had in mind."

Anja wrote:"That depends on the Massassa Mr Yager, the Giovanni are Necromancer so I would nto suprised if they ahve spirits guarding their assets, and these spirits might detect such scrying, in addition if they are Necromancers chances are they know some hedge wizardry which means they might indeed have wards and I have heard some Massassa can feel the supernatural so it would be a risk of tipping them off before you got there vs benefit scenario young man, if you are making the drawings just to be prepared in case you need them then I would say the risk is to high but if you have a direct plan using them then the situation might be different."
Jeffry said simply.
"I will leave that decicion in your Cabal leader's hands."

"Well darn." Serge said looking a little surprised. "Speaking of, Jon's app would be able to see those spirits so we're gonna need to alert him about that."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:47 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... I might be missing something here, but why would it need to be sunproofed? It will be dark by the time we get there.' Nicole replied, clearly puzzled.

Anja's Post:

'That's what it's for.'

Anja's Post:

'Don't know, as I don't know how long he needs to work, what prep is needed or how far away the target building is.' still holding her phone, looking around the room.

Serge's Post:

Colin's Post:

'"Not much time" may be too much to ask for when the time available may be "none".' Nicole replied. 'What's the plan B if it can't be done?'

Anja's Post:

'If the place is a known Giovanni building, the Union may have set some form of silent alarm system - which it's possible they had put on the last target's apartment. Would be an explanation to why they turned up last time.'

Colin's Post:

'Duct tape.'

Colin's Post:

'Their name is "primary target" and they're a vampire.' she replied firmly. 'What is that address again?'

[No. Though he might wonder where Nicole got the bar from as it's the one made for the Armed Forces and not civilian sale. In fact, it may actually have "not for resale" stamped on it. It's just a little show that she's got a fair ability as a "finder of stuff".]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:00 pm

[Chief's Office]

Sleeping beauty it is then." Serge said with a nod. "And I'm pretty quick. I know it'll take less than 15 minutes. And the guard characters are never important in the beginning of a heist so it shouldn't be much time at all."

"We are not living in a story Mr Yager, chances are you will not have fifteen minutes to cast your spell once you get to the apartment."
Jeffry said and he sent Serge a stern look.

"I know that." Serge said, a little annoyed at the mention of 'raping the mind'. "I had other plans with that picture anyways. If so many people are gunning for this oracle I was wondering if getting them to see this boy wondering around will get them off our backs. That's, of course, a contingency plan if we took too long and it's dark out but it's something I had in mind."

"That is not a bad idea Mr Yager if you can pull it off, however how will you target these individuals when we do not yet know who if any are after this vampire boy, all we have for now are speculation."
The Chief said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Well darn." Serge said looking a little surprised. "Speaking of, Jon's app would be able to see those spirits so we're gonna need to alert him about that."

"Informing Mr Yager would probably be wise yes."
Jeffry said simply.

'Erm... I might be missing something here, but why would it need to be sunproofed? It will be dark by the time we get there.' Nicole replied, clearly puzzled.

Jeffry looked surprised for a moment then he looked down at his watch and grunted.
"Darn...you are correct Miss Bouchard, it seams it will nto be needed to protect the target from the sun then.

That's what it's for.'

"So it is."

Don't know, as I don't know how long he needs to work, what prep is needed or how far away the target building is.' still holding her phone, looking around the room.

"That you will have to ask your Cabalmate about Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied.

"Not much time" may be too much to ask for when the time available may be "none".' Nicole replied. 'What's the plan B if it can't be done?'

"Threaten the ghoul or take him or her down before they can activate the alarm and call for help."
The Chief said simply.

If the place is a known Giovanni building, the Union may have set some form of silent alarm system - which it's possible they had put on the last target's apartment. Would be an explanation to why they turned up last time.'

"It is a possibility."
The war mage replied.

Their name is "primary target" and they're a vampire.' she replied firmly. 'What is that address again?'

"No Miss Bouchard this is a person, whatever personal issues you have with Massassa and the Gods know I do not like them either, you will leave behind when on this mission, I will not have this boy mistreated, or any prisoner for that matter because one of the team sent are unable to see them as a person, that will not be tolerated."
Jeffry said sternly.

Colin shook his head, "I'd be worried if we were to ask her about, say, a certain Quaesitor, she might decide to seek out said person afterwards to hurt us..."

"It would be most unwise to ask our guest about named individuals, doing so would make it easy for her to provide incorrect information it is better to ask her whatever or not she know of anyone else Dahl or Jace worked with."
Jeffry said firmly.
"Without mentioning names or suspicions."

He nodded, "Of course, but there might be more shadows we can take advantage of at that point. Or, if we're lucky, a garage."

Jeffry nodded at that.

[Upstairs]

He nodded, "As you say, Milady."

"We will discuss this further in one of my pocket realms then, in private after you have been on your mission and I have delivered my rapport to Master Morgan and also helped out with capturing the ghost of Wallace Jace."
Crexia replied with a short nod.

He bowed politely, "The least I could do, Sir. I've retrieved the key to the seer's... location, and will be headed down to see to the rest of the team. I believe I will find Mr. Sherman in the common room, and that should be the lot of us, I think. Madame Gottschalk offered to join, but I do believe we already have a full car."

"No hopefully an Adeptus Major will not be needed at this mission and it can be done quickly and with a minimum of fuss."
Jeffry said as he showed Crexia into his office and pulled one of the chairs out for her.
"Collect Mr Sherman and be on your way, good luck Mr Wainwright."
He said and gave you a polite nod as he dismissed you.

He bowed lightly again, and turned to head down to the common room.

You got to the common room and found Jon bent over his phone while drinking tea, your Cabalmate looked up when he saw you.
"Ah Colin...I have been looking at what I could find on the building we are going through, I got the address from Mrs Van Hess I assumed she had helped you find it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:22 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'I point to the previous vampire as "exhibit A" on how I deal with them, sir.' Nicole replied, tone and poise making it plain that she felt she'd been insulted by calling into question her professionalism.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:32 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"We are not living in a story Mr Yager, chances are you will not have fifteen minutes to cast your spell once you get to the apartment."

"Less than 15 minutes. And since their not expecting it'll take no time at all. And I thought I was doing this on the way to the apartment, not when we get there?" Serge said not commenting on the chief's story comment.

Anja wrote:"That is not a bad idea Mr Yager if you can pull it off, however how will you target these individuals when we do not yet know who if any are after this vampire boy, all we have for now are speculation."
The Chief said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Same way I targeted people who were suspicious about the explosion, despite not knowing who exactly was suspicious of it. They all have a desire. A goal in mind. And their connected by those similar feelings. and I can use those connections to affect them and make them see their goal." Serge explained.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:48 pm

[Chief's Office]

'I point to the previous vampire as "exhibit A" on how I deal with them, sir.' Nicole replied, tone and poise making it plain that she felt she'd been insulted by calling into question her professionalism.

"Yes Miss Milliner and her servant certainly got here in good condition however from what I was told you wanted to keep her awake after she had been woken up by the stake and put on an act to make her believe just about everyone she know where being rounded up letting her both suffer needlessly and also terrify her more in order to in your mind make her easier to interrogate and only the protests of my apprentice stopped this plan from being put into motion, that kind of cold disregard for the well being of a prisoner will not happen under my watch Miss Bouchard and especially when the prisoner in question as far as we know have not acted against us."
Jeffry said sternly as he regarded Nicole for a while ignoring her clear indignation.

"Less than 15 minutes. And since their not expecting it'll take no time at all. And I thought I was doing this on the way to the apartment, not when we get there?" Serge said not commenting on the chief's story comment.

"So you can prepare the spell in advance then Mr Yager and fire it off once you reach the apartment?"
The Security Chief asked.

"Same way I targeted people who were suspicious about the explosion, despite not knowing who exactly was suspicious of it. They all have a desire. A goal in mind. And their connected by those similar feelings. and I can use those connections to affect them and make them see their goal." Serge explained.

"That sounds reasonable enough, and this will only target the ones who might be after this boy, if someone is after him as even that we are not sure of? And not set new enemies on his trail?"
Jeffry asked as he shifted his attention from Nicole to Serge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:38 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'No, sir. That was when I was told the stake would wake the vampire up. Idea was to imply a little that there were other teams with similar mission by the "overheard enemy" trick. I did not say to wake her up to do it.' Nicole replied, arms crossed over her chest defensively.

'Yes, the idea was to soften her up a bit before questioning. That was when I did not know a solution to the plague was in the wings, that they weren't the main source to find that Francis Milliner - which don't matter no more anyhows - and that from the looks of it not even involved in this shit. I was thinking of the millions of people who could have died from the plague and a mountain of corpses means a bit of mental distress on one weighs almost nothing in comparison.' tone that of the Utilitarian instinctive dirty fighter.

'My idea was simply to exploit the situation to do a little bit of trickery, that was all. Like in the Fallen base couple of months back when someone implied that I'd be immune to that gas they had.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:51 pm

[Cheif's office]

"I am sure Dr Lee will contact you as soon as he can mea filius as for the bird, I will bind her not to speak of an anything she have seen or heard here before I banish her, but it is best if she do not learn any more, her name though, we are going to have to be careful with."
Jeffry said and he frowned.
"Rude little bastard that she is."

He nodded at that.

"He can use spiritual ars? Hm, I'd forgotten that," he sighed. "That's useful."

As the others discussed how to treat Shawn, Adley interjected, "Colin is in charge of this mission and he does not want the vampire treated poorly. There's no use wasting more time arguing over it any longer."

"Be safe mea filius."
Jeffry said and he gestured that you where dismissed to go and prepare for the mission ahead.

He gave his mentor a bow and then nodded to the others. "See you guys soon," he said and headed to go collect up some tape and blankets, a box if he saw one, one of those thermal blankets if possible from a med kit or something, since that might shield better against any light remaining in the sky.

// he probably would not be surprised to find out she's ex-military or trained by someone ex-mil given her bearing

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 pm

[Chief's Office]

'No, sir. That was when I was told the stake would wake the vampire up. Idea was to imply a little that there were other teams with similar mission by the "overheard enemy" trick. I did not say to wake her up to do it.' Nicole replied, arms crossed over her chest defensively.

"Nor did I claim that you did, however the plan was to talk with the prisoner and offer her that Mr Yager could send her into a deep sleep, making transportation more comfortable for her and according to the rapport I got, you wanted to instead pretend you did not know she was conscious and play a mind game on her pretending everyone she knew had been captured talking among yourself while she lay suffering, a suffering that one of your teammates have within his power to alleviate."
Jeffry said just as firmly.

Yes, the idea was to soften her up a bit before questioning. That was when I did not know a solution to the plague was in the wings, that they weren't the main source to find that Francis Milliner - which don't matter no more anyhows - and that from the looks of it not even involved in this shit. I was thinking of the millions of people who could have died from the plague and a mountain of corpses means a bit of mental distress on one weighs almost nothing in comparison.' tone that of the Utilitarian instinctive dirty fighter.

"This is not how we conduct ourselves Miss Bouchard, the time can come when force have to be used to get a prisoner to talk, in most cases however it can be avoided and it is not the first tool we reach for, nor will it be done without my approval, I did not want Miss Milliner softened up, I wanted her brought her...restrained but beyond that with as little suffering inflicted as possible as we did not know if she was even involved and it is looking like she was not."
The Security Chief said calmly.
"And to make myself perfectly clear I do not want this tortured boy I am sending you to collect...softened up!"

My idea was simply to exploit the situation to do a little bit of trickery, that was all. Like in the Fallen base couple of months back when someone implied that I'd be immune to that gas they had.'

"That situation was vastly different than this Miss Bouchard, one was trying to trick and enemy in a combat situation while still engaged in combat with them, this would mean letting a prisoner suffer needlessly, those are not the same."
The old Hermetic said firmly.
"I know you are a practical woman Miss Bouchard, I can respect that however practicality will not trump decency or honor, not while I am on this Deacon Council and as such one of the leaders of this Chantry."

"He can use spiritual ars? Hm, I'd forgotten that," he sighed. "That's useful."

"Yes Mr Sherman had his grading in Ars Spiritus a few moths ago...I...think I had to file the paperwork twice as the first time it got lost, the Mercere forgot he had the letter."
Jeffry said and frowned.

As the others discussed how to treat Shawn, Adley interjected, "Colin is in charge of this mission and he does not want the vampire treated poorly. There's no use wasting more time arguing over it any longer."

"Agreed, I will leave this in Mr Wainwright's hands."
Your Mentor said and nodded after he had given Nicole one more look.

He gave his mentor a bow and then nodded to the others. "See you guys soon," he said and headed to go collect up some tape and blankets, a box if he saw one, one of those thermal blankets if possible from a med kit or something, since that might shield better against any light remaining in the sky.

There where a thermal blanket in the emergency kit Jeffry had given you for Christmas last year, and you had a regular blanket, your kid also included a med kit. You still had some of the boxes after you had gotten new furniture for your apartment so you managed to scrounge up what you needed fairly quickly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"So you can prepare the spell in advance then Mr Yager and fire it off once you reach the apartment?"
The Security Chief asked.

"I can do that, although I'd word it a bit differently." Serge said with a nod. "I draw in the car and build up the spell on the journey. Once we pull up I'll finish the spell and knock the guards out and we can walk in no problems."

Anja wrote:"That sounds reasonable enough, and this will only target the ones who might be after this boy, if someone is after him as even that we are not sure of? And not set new enemies on his trail?"
Jeffry asked as he shifted his attention from Nicole to Serge.

"Yes, the magick will only affect those who had prior intentions of looking for Shawn." Serge said with a nod. "Remember, my spell before didn't cause everyone around me to stop caring about the explosion. It only caused those curious about the explosion to stop caring about the explosion."

Adley wrote:He gave his mentor a bow and then nodded to the others. "See you guys soon," he said and headed to go collect up some tape and blankets, a box if he saw one, one of those thermal blankets if possible from a med kit or something, since that might shield better against any light remaining in the sky.

"See ya." Serge said as Adley left.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm

[Cheif's office]

"Yes Mr Sherman had his grading in Ars Spiritus a few moths ago...I...think I had to file the paperwork twice as the first time it got lost, the Mercere forgot he had the letter."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"Of course they did..."

"Yes, the magick will only affect those who had prior intentions of looking for Shawn." Serge said with a nod. "Remember, my spell before didn't cause everyone around me to stop caring about explosion. It only stopped those curious about the explosion in the first place to stop caring about the explosion."

"You did that? That was incredibly handy, you saved us from so much trouble. I saw the cops arrive right outside, probably thinking we had a meth lab in the basement, then they just left..." he said, impressed.

There where a thermal blanket in the emergency kit Jeffry had given you for Christmas last year, and you had a regular blanket, your kid also included a med kit. You still had some of the boxes after you had gotten new furniture for your apartment so you managed to scrounge up what you needed fairly quickly.

He tied it into a bundle with a rope and then hefted it, heading out to the garage where he could stow it, then work up some spells.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"It would be most unwise to ask our guest about named individuals, doing so would make it easy for her to provide incorrect information it is better to ask her whatever or not she know of anyone else Dahl or Jace worked with."
Jeffry said firmly.
"Without mentioning names or suspicions."
Colin nodded, "That is a far better plan than what I for some reason had the impression of, yes. I'll ask when I swing by the common room. If she tells me anything, I'll send a text."

Jeremy wrote:"Sleeping beauty it is then." Serge said with a nod. "And I'm pretty quick. I know it'll take less than 15 minutes. And the guard characters are never important in the beginning of a heist so it shouldn't be much time at all."
Anja wrote:"We are not living in a story Mr Yager, chances are you will not have fifteen minutes to cast your spell once you get to the apartment."
Jeremy wrote:"Less than 15 minutes. And since their not expecting it'll take no time at all. And I thought I was doing this on the way to the apartment, not when we get there?" Serge said not commenting on the chief's story comment.
He nodded, "We'll see if Mr. Sherman can get a good picture of the guard, and plan on working quickly."

Nicole wrote:'"Not much time" may be too much to ask for when the time available may be "none".' Nicole replied. 'What's the plan B if it can't be done?'
He frowned, "Then we use a gun. Or other means of subduing the guard. Perhaps a taser or something similar, rather than leaving bullets in our wake?"

Nicole wrote:'Their name is "primary target" and they're a vampire.' she replied firmly. 'What is that address again?'
Anja wrote:"No Miss Bouchard this is a person, whatever personal issues you have with Massassa and the Gods know I do not like them either, you will leave behind when on this mission, I will not have this boy mistreated, or any prisoner for that matter because one of the team sent are unable to see them as a person, that will not be tolerated."
Jeffry said sternly.
Nicole wrote:'I point to the previous vampire as "exhibit A" on how I deal with them, sir.' Nicole replied, tone and poise making it plain that she felt she'd been insulted by calling into question her professionalism.
Anja wrote:"Yes Miss Milliner and her servant certainly got here in good condition however from what I was told you wanted to keep her awake after she had been woken up by the stake and put on an act to make her believe just about everyone she know where being rounded up letting her both suffer needlessly and also terrify her more in order to in your mind make her easier to interrogate and only the protests of my apprentice stopped this plan from being put into motion, that kind of cold disregard for the well being of a prisoner will not happen under my watch Miss Bouchard and especially when the prisoner in question as far as we know have not acted against us."
Jeffry said sternly as he regarded Nicole for a while ignoring her clear indignation.
Nicole wrote:'No, sir. That was when I was told the stake would wake the vampire up. Idea was to imply a little that there were other teams with similar mission by the "overheard enemy" trick. I did not say to wake her up to do it.' Nicole replied, arms crossed over her chest defensively.
Anja wrote:"Nor did I claim that you did, however the plan was to talk with the prisoner and offer her that Mr Yager could send her into a deep sleep, making transportation more comfortable for her and according to the rapport I got, you wanted to instead pretend you did not know she was conscious and play a mind game on her pretending everyone she knew had been captured talking among yourself while she lay suffering, a suffering that one of your teammates have within his power to alleviate."
Jeffry said just as firmly.
Nicole wrote:'Yes, the idea was to soften her up a bit before questioning. That was when I did not know a solution to the plague was in the wings, that they weren't the main source to find that Francis Milliner - which don't matter no more anyhows - and that from the looks of it not even involved in this shit. I was thinking of the millions of people who could have died from the plague and a mountain of corpses means a bit of mental distress on one weighs almost nothing in comparison.' tone that of the Utilitarian instinctive dirty fighter.
Anja wrote:"This is not how we conduct ourselves Miss Bouchard, the time can come when force have to be used to get a prisoner to talk, in most cases however it can be avoided and it is not the first tool we reach for, nor will it be done without my approval, I did not want Miss Milliner softened up, I wanted her brought her...restrained but beyond that with as little suffering inflicted as possible as we did not know if she was even involved and it is looking like she was not."
The Security Chief said calmly.
"And to make myself perfectly clear I do not want this tortured boy I am sending you to collect...softened up!"
Nicole wrote:'My idea was simply to exploit the situation to do a little bit of trickery, that was all. Like in the Fallen base couple of months back when someone implied that I'd be immune to that gas they had.'
Anja wrote:"That situation was vastly different than this Miss Bouchard, one was trying to trick and enemy in a combat situation while still engaged in combat with them, this would mean letting a prisoner suffer needlessly, those are not the same."
The old Hermetic said firmly.
"I know you are a practical woman Miss Bouchard, I can respect that however practicality will not trump decency or honor, not while I am on this Deacon Council and as such one of the leaders of this Chantry."
He frowned and rattled off the address, "...and I would very much like to stress that this is a rescue operation, not an abduction. I suggest we return to the topic when there is less of a time crisis going on... and we will return to this topic."

[Upstairs]
Anja wrote:"We will discuss this further in one of my pocket realms then, in private after you have been on your mission and I have delivered my rapport to Master Morgan and also helped out with capturing the ghost of Wallace Jace."
Crexia replied with a short nod.
He nodded, "That will be excellent... should I bring the ashes for that discussion?"

Anja wrote:"No hopefully an Adeptus Major will not be needed at this mission and it can be done quickly and with a minimum of fuss."
Jeffry said as he showed Crexia into his office and pulled one of the chairs out for her.
"Collect Mr Sherman and be on your way, good luck Mr Wainwright."
He said and gave you a polite nod as he dismissed you.
He nodded simply.

Anja wrote:You got to the common room and found Jon bent over his phone while drinking tea, your Cabalmate looked up when he saw you.
"Ah Colin...I have been looking at what I could find on the building we are going through, I got the address from Mrs Van Hess I assumed she had helped you find it."
He smiled to Jon, using maybe a fraction of a second to recognize him, "Ah, there you are. Well, she confirmed it for me... Do you have a good image of the guard, and can you disable the alarms?"
He pointed to the kitchen, "If you would excuse me for a second, I have to talk to a bird about a dead man's last words..."

((OOC: Can't find that we ever got the address in writing, actually.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:40 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Just an off-the-cuff idea, sir. Not every idea is a good one. And that was before the "let her sleep" idea was said.'

Anja's Post:

'That's not force - it's trickery. And I always look to cheat in battle.' completely unabashed.

Anja's Post:

'Why would I?' clearly thrown by this. 'Was under the impression this was more a rescue mission than capturing a source of intel.'

Anja's Post:

'Perhaps if I'd been informed that the risk of a pandemic had gone-' glancing at Colin for just a moment '-I would have not have thought a bit of mental pain as worthwhile price to pay.' Nicole replied mulishly.

Colin's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to Colin as she entered the address into the street map on her phone, to take a look at the target building.

[Yes. Ethernaut Academy in Quebec has several ex-military instructors. Though that's not where Nick got the bars from.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 pm

[Chief's Office]

Adley wrote:"You did that? That was incredibly handy, you saved us from so much trouble. I saw the cops arrive right outside, probably thinking we had a meth lab in the basement, then they just left..." he said, impressed.

"Yes I did and I am very glad someone noticed something." Serge said with a wide smile on hearing the impressed tone in his cabalmates voice. "Glad to hear it did it's job. I don't get to do that kind of magick too often."

Colin wrote:He frowned and rattled off the address,
Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a nod to Colin as she entered the address into the street map on her phone, to take a look at the target building.

On overhearing the address, Serge did the same thing as Nicole and searched it up on his own phone.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next