Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 22 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:19 pm

[Common Room]

"That's an idea." Serge said with a nod. "It's the boring option. And I hate to disturb them. But might be the only way."

"You can talk with the ghoul at least that should not harm anyone, it is not sure she know anything but it is worth a try, remember the best solutions are not the fancy ones it is the ones that give results."
Jon said.

"Ehhh, I feel like a good enough lawyer would be able to argue that using magick to heal injured sleepers is still harmful to them." Serge said looking doubtful. "And we're the good guys. Immoral and Illegal are basically the same thing."

"No that is simply not how it works, the justice system have a thing called precedence, and it have established pretty well what the Protocol means. And no...fuck no never think immoral and illegal are the same thing once it was perfectly legal to discriminate based on race for example and fighting against it are illegal, you can hope the guys that make the laws are moral but that is not always the case...ok to make a concrete example, you know the Von Hess couple, they where basically slaves at the former Chantry they lived in, they where horribly mistreated and that was legal, the Chief broke in there and got them out and he was punished for that, he payed a pretty hefty price actually because helping them where illegal. Laws are not always moral this is not some damn fairy tale world."
The Virtual Adept said firmly.
"Also we are not the good guys, there are no such line, both we and the Union do what we think is best but there are no moral absolute of we are the good guys so we are right thing, that is just not how the real world works Serge!"

"When were we told that?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow, not remembering anytime where the number of guards were mentioned. "And the picture is important cause it helps strengthen the spell. The better connection I have with the target the more I'll be able to make them do. And blowing through ghoul loyalty is no joke so I'll need all the help I can get. I suggested the fortune spell because I thought there would be more than one guard on patrol. Just one guard is a different story though."

"Fio Giovanni said so and Master Sharaya told me."
Jon said.

"You said that their on rotation right?" Serge said tilting his head. "As in...some ghoul works his shift and another ghoul will eventually come over to the building to take over?"

"Yeah that is what I heard, what did you have in mind?"
The technomancer asked.

[Cheif's Office]

There's only so much room though, in the car," he said with a frown. "Maybe we can use the trick that the Master Verbena showed me, I can't do it myself yet but he basically had taken the arcane connections from one thing and transferred it to another," he said, thinking out loud.

"That is true, space in the car is an issue. The working you are talking about might work though but how will that help with the ward mea filius?"
Jeffry asked and he poured himself more coffee and then looked at you to see if you wanted some as well."

[Garage]

"I think you will cheer one of my friends up," he said.

The little sprite danced happily at that and she continued to hum pleasantly, a little, green glowing light.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 22 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:05 pm

[Chief's Office]

Adley's Post:

'Five at the max. Is more even needed for just one slave?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:13 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"It is not the numbers I am thinking about but rather having someone with the expertise to deal with a ghost."
Jeffry said.
"The Giovanni are after all Necromancers."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:21 pm

[Cheif's Office]

"That is true, space in the car is an issue. The working you are talking about might work though but how will that help with the ward mea filius?"
Jeffry asked and he poured himself more coffee and then looked at you to see if you wanted some as well."

He shook his head at the offer. "No thank you, sir. Well, I was thinking...if there is some type of instant snapback rigged into it, we might be able to redirect it to something else, as a proxy. That way at least that first lash will not directly affect us."

'Five at the max. Is more even needed for just one slave?'

"Basically, there is going to be some type of warding alarm that if tripped will call reinforcements, which could also be more ghouls and since it will be nighttime soon, worse, vampires. But if it is linked also to ghosts rather than middle umbral beings it won't be something I'm as good at dealing with - not all spirits are the same and ghosts are another matter really, having been human once. Not that the type of umbrood I know about are bound to be easy, either but banishing umbrood of those realms is different than ghosts, since they have fetters which attach them to our plane."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:32 pm

[Cheif's Office]

He shook his head at the offer. "No thank you, sir. Well, I was thinking...if there is some type of instant snapback rigged into it, we might be able to redirect it to something else, as a proxy. That way at least that first lash will not directly affect us."

"That would actually work, the spell would remain intact but redirected...hum..."
Jeffry said.
"You might be able to keep the alarm from going of that way as well mea filius by tricking the ward in a way, making it appear it have never been triggered by shifting the target...but doing so is tricky."

"Basically, there is going to be some type of warding alarm that if tripped will call reinforcements, which could also be more ghouls and since it will be nighttime soon, worse, vampires. But if it is linked also to ghosts rather than middle umbral beings it won't be something I'm as good at dealing with - not all spirits are the same and ghosts are another matter really, having been human once. Not that the type of umbrood I know about are bound to be easy, either but banishing umbrood of those realms is different than ghosts, since they have fetters which attach them to our plane."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Usually I have found adding a bit of understanding of what others call Entropy helps when dealing with ghosts. I think your Cabalmate Mr Wainwright have been studying up a bit about negotiating with them lately and also the fetters are emotional connections so perhaps Mr Yager can be of help."
The old Hermetic commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:44 pm

[Chief's Office]

Adley's Post:

'In that case then, either we need to drop someone from the team or need to take two cars.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:47 pm

[Chief's Office]

"More cars increase the risk of detection but having someone skilled with dealing with ghosts might be worth the risk."
Jeffry commented with a bit of a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:26 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"You can talk with the ghoul at least that should not harm anyone, it is not sure she know anything but it is worth a try, remember the best solutions are not the fancy ones it is the ones that give results."
Jon said.

"But the super ultra best solutions are the fancy ones that give results." Serge said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:"No that is simply not how it works, the justice system have a thing called precedence, and it have established pretty well what the Protocol means. And no...fuck no never think immoral and illegal are the same thing once it was perfectly legal to discriminate based on race for example and fighting against it are illegal, you can hope the guys that make the laws are moral but that is not always the case...ok to make a concrete example, you know the Von Hess couple, they where basically slaves at the former Chantry they lived in, they where horribly mistreated and that was legal, the Chief broke in there and got them out and he was punished for that, he payed a pretty hefty price actually because helping them where illegal. Laws are not always moral this is not some damn fairy tale world."
The Virtual Adept said firmly.
"Also we are not the good guys, there are no such line, both we and the Union do what we think is best but there are no moral absolute of we are the good guys so we are right thing, that is just not how the real world works Serge!"

"Ok hold up hold up hold up. I think you and I are on verrrrrry different wavelengths here." Serge said taken aback at the sudden lecture. "I wasn't thinking about the wider political injustices that plagues our nation. I just said that line thinking about how we, as genuinely nice people, don't do dickish things so it's basically like 'don't be a dick' is a law for us."

Anja wrote:"Fio Giovanni said so and Master Sharaya told me."
Jon said.

"Does Nicole and Mr. Wainwright know? If not please send that info to them. Especially Nick. She's getting quite uppity about the lack of intel she receives."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is what I heard, what did you have in mind?"
The technomancer asked.

"Just another one of Serge's stupid thoughts...." Serge said glancing in the direction of the stairs. "No point in saying it if talking to Alexis solves our problems though. I'll head down know and see if she knows anything. If you find out anything new let me know all right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:51 am

[Common Room]

"But the super ultra best solutions are the fancy ones that give results." Serge said with a chuckle.

"The best solutions are the simplest ones, the most simple you can do it the less things can go wrong."
Jon commented.

Ok hold up hold up hold up. I think you and I are on verrrrrry different wavelengths here." Serge said taken aback at the sudden lecture. "I wasn't thinking about the wider political injustices that plagues our nation. I just said that line thinking about how we, as genuinely nice people, don't do dickish things so it's basically like 'don't be a dick' is a law for us."

"Ah...so that is what you meant...sorry...yeah i guess that is something I try to live by, not being a dick, I mean I do not follow all laws, if a huge movie company make it hard to watch their stuff without allot of copyright bullshit I will copy their stuff gladly for example, but if it is a small creator I always pay for it, so yeah I guess the don't be a dick apply."
Jon agreed with a nod.

"Does Nicole and Mr. Wainwright know? If not please send that info to them. Especially Nick. She's getting quite uppity about the lack of intel she receives."

"I think so they where the ones who got the information from Fio Giovanni in the first place."
The Virtual Adept said.

"Just another one of Serge's stupid thoughts...." Serge said glancing in the direction of the stairs. "No point in saying it if talking to Alexis solves our problems though. I'll head down know and see if she knows anything. If you find out anything new let me know all right?"

"We all have stupid ideas at times you know and allot of your ideas are good kid."
Jon said and shrugged.
"So by all means if you think you have a better idea do say so if not then we can see what Alexis knows though she might know nothing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:04 pm

[Steelhaven]

Nicole you get out of Jeffry's office after Colin was told to get you and Serge and leave, you have a little time for preparations before your team leave but probably not allot.

(OOC: Just a forked scene to give Nicole something to do until Warp returns.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:10 pm

[Chief's office]

"That would actually work, the spell would remain intact but redirected...hum..." Jeffry said. "You might be able to keep the alarm from going of that way as well mea filius by tricking the ward in a way, making it appear it have never been triggered by shifting the target...but doing so is tricky."

"Trickier than trying to undo it without setting it off in the first place?"

'In that case then, either we need to drop someone from the team or need to take two cars.'
"More cars increase the risk of detection but having someone skilled with dealing with ghosts might be worth the risk."

"Maybe not."

"Usually I have found adding a bit of understanding of what others call Entropy helps when dealing with ghosts. I think your Cabalmate Mr Wainwright have been studying up a bit about negotiating with them lately and also the fetters are emotional connections so perhaps Mr Yager can be of help."

He nodded to that. "I can work with them both."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:17 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Nicole headed straight to Fran's apartment; hoping that she had a silenced weapon she could borrow...

[Thanks!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:17 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"The best solutions are the simplest ones, the most simple you can do it the less things can go wrong."
Jon commented.

"Boooooo. Give me complicated multi-stage plans that are doomed to fail everyday. It makes movies so much more interesting to watch." Serge said humorously, clearly joking.

Anja wrote:"Ah...so that is what you meant...sorry...yeah i guess that is something I try to live by, not being a dick, I mean I do not follow all laws, if a huge movie company make it hard to watch their stuff without allot of copyright bullshit I will copy their stuff gladly for example, but if it is a small creator I always pay for it, so yeah I guess the don't be a dick apply."
Jon agreed with a nod.

"I pirate everything. It's freaky how easy it is once you know how." Serge commented, still looking a very annoyed at Jon for lashing out at him.

Anja wrote:"We all have stupid ideas at times you know and allot of your ideas are good kid."
Jon said and shrugged.
"So by all means if you think you have a better idea do say so if not then we can see what Alexis knows though she might know nothing."

"Really? Because so far all of my ideas have been shot down for being stupid or nonsensical. At least according to Nicole every time I mention the chocolate laser." Serge said with a smirk.

"And it's not really a better idea. Just a new way of looking at the last idea. But I'll save that explanation for later." he said with a wave of goodbye before heading down to the basement to talk with Alexis.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:28 am

[Chief's office]

"Trickier than trying to undo it without setting it off in the first place?"

"It is hard to say which option would require the most finessa without first observing the ward myself, both would be pretty tricky."
Jeffry said with a frown.

He nodded to that. "I can work with them both."

"Then you should be able to work with ghosts, and perhaps the magic used to bind them. Just remember that ghosts are as flawed as any human being, where natural spirits are more...pure in their motivations, this can make ghosts harder or easier to work with depending on how you look at it."
Your Mentor replied.

[Steelhaven]

Nicole headed straight to Fran's apartment; hoping that she had a silenced weapon she could borrow...

Fran did not answer her door, the Euthanathos seamed to be out.

[Common Room]

"Boooooo. Give me complicated multi-stage plans that are doomed to fail everyday. It makes movies so much more interesting to watch." Serge said humorously, clearly joking.

Jon just shook his head a little at you.
"Well I prefer to survive to the end of the movie."
He commented.

"I pirate everything. It's freaky how easy it is once you know how." Serge commented, still looking a very annoyed at Jon for lashing out at him.

"Well far me it for me to judge I pirate as well but I also buy things, if everyone just pirated things, creators would earn no money and nothing new would be made."
The Virtual Adept said simply he seamed rather unconcerned about your annoyance.

"Really? Because so far all of my ideas have been shot down for being stupid or nonsensical. At least according to Nicole every time I mention the chocolate laser." Serge said with a smirk.

"Not all of your ideas Serge you have had quite a few ideas accepted as well."
Jon replied simply.

"And it's not really a better idea. Just a new way of looking at the last idea. But I'll save that explanation for later." he said with a wave of goodbye before heading down to the basement to talk with Alexis.

"If you have an idea you think might work Serge then by all means do mention it."
Your Cabalmate said.
"But yes I will talk with you later.

You got to the basement, it was clean now and looked like before, Master Nassa and Bianca had been carried to the infirmary. You found Alexis in the laundry room chained to the radiator. Arn where sitting on a chair in there as well the Solificato gave you a nod.
"Did you need to talk with the prisoner Sir?"
He asked and Alexis looked up from the magazine she was reading.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Well far me it for me to judge I pirate as well but I also buy things, if everyone just pirated things, creators would earn no money and nothing new would be made."
The Virtual Adept said simply he seamed rather unconcerned about your annoyance.

"People shouldn't create for the expectation of rewards or financial gain. They should create for creation sake." Serge said glumly, "Also I'm poor as fuck so that also helps with the decision making."

Anja wrote:You got to the basement, it was clean now and looked like before, Master Nassa and Bianca had been carried to the infirmary. You found Alexis in the laundry room chained to the radiator. Arn where sitting on a chair in there as well the Solificato gave you a nod.
"Did you need to talk with the prisoner Sir?"
He asked and Alexis looked up from the magazine she was reading.

"Yeah, I do. Don't worry it'll be quick." Serge said nodding at the Solificato when he saw him.

When he noticed Alexis he smiled and said, "Hey Alexis. Sorry to bother your magazine reading but I have a few question I'd like to ask you."

He made sure to refer to her by name and talked in a polite friendly tone, as if Alexis was a guest of the chantry rather than a prisoner.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:23 am

[Common Room]

"People shouldn't create for the expectation of rewards or financial gain. I just think that's the stupidest thing. They should create for creation sake." Serge said glumly, "Also I'm poor as fuck so that also helps with the decision making."

"So these creators who should not expect payment for their work, how are they going to eat or be able to feed their families?"
Jon asked.
"What you are saying is that you want there to be no professional artists, meaning everyone will need a job at the side meaning either the quality of their work will suffer as they just will not have the time to devote to art, or they will produce things extremely slowly. Also let us take a movie, you expect everyone to work for free, hairdressers, janitors keeping the sets clean, prop makers, medical staff in case something happens, caterers who provide food for workers, producers and actors, all of these and more should starve themselves so that they can do the work for free so the movie will not cost anything to make. That is just not realistic Serge that is not how the world works."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.
"As long as we do not have like a Star Trek society where material needs are no longer a concern, we have a give and take on services and goods."
He added.
"Now if you simply do not have the cash to spend on things then piracy is fine you are not taking anything that would have been bought, the alternative is just you not being able to see the movies or play the games, however I know many who can afford to pay for it but they want to use their money on other things and so they pirate and that I think is wrong simply because I want more of the stuff I like and then the creators need to earn money on it."

[Basement]

"Yeah, I do. Don't worry it'll be quick." Serge said nodding at the Solificato when he saw him.

"Oh don't worry Sir there is no rush."
Arn said with a smile.

When he noticed Alexis he smiled and said, "Hey Alexis. Sorry to bother your magazine reading but I have a few question I'd like to ask you."

"I think world of chemistry auumn 2015 issue can wait."
Alexis said with a little smile and held up a magazine which had a smiling man holding up a bottle with a green liquid in it on the cover.
"I ehm...grabbed the first I found...sorry."
Arn said and Alexis nodded.
"It is all good."
She said then she turned to you.
"What can I helo you with kid?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:09 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"So these creators who should not expect payment for their work, how are they going to eat or be able to feed their families?"
Jon asked.
"What you are saying is that you want there to be no professional artists, meaning everyone will need a job at the side meaning either the quality of their work will suffer as they just will not have the time to devote to art, or they will produce things extremely slowly. Also let us take a movie, you expect everyone to work for free, hairdressers, janitors keeping the sets clean, prop makers, medical staff in case something happens, caterers who provide food for workers, producers and actors, all of these and more should starve themselves so that they can do the work for free so the movie will not cost anything to make. That is just not realistic Serge that is not how the world works."
The Virtual Adept said with a sigh.
"As long as we do not have like a Star Trek society where material needs are no longer a concern, we have a give and take on services and goods."
He added.
"Now if you simply do not have the cash to spend on things then piracy is fine you are not taking anything that would have been bought, the alternative is just you not being able to see the movies or play the games, however I know many who can afford to pay for it but they want to use their money on other things and so they pirate and that I think is wrong simply because I want more of the stuff I like and then the creators need to earn money on it."

"Your not wrong. But I just don't like art being locked away behind some wall. Anyone and everyone should be able to view the creations made by the world regardless of their position in life. The created worlds, the characters, the stories, and the messages behind them." Serge replied. "If people made things for financial gain than that's what they'll focus on. They won't attempt to push the boundaries of art. They'll just be looking at what'll make them the most money."

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"I think world of chemistry autumn 2015 issue can wait."
Alexis said with a little smile and held up a magazine which had a smiling man holding up a bottle with a green liquid in it on the cover.
"I ehm...grabbed the first I found...sorry."
Arn said and Alexis nodded.
"It is all good."
She said then she turned to you.
"What can I helo you with kid?"

"Some old guy probably won the nobel prize." Serge said with a smirk. He pulled out his phone and searched up a picture of the building that the vampire oracle and, more importantly, the ghoul guards were housed in.

He turned the phone around to show to Alexis and said, " Let's start off with this. Does this building look familiar to you? Do you recognize it?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:25 am

[Common Room]

Your not wrong. But I just don't like art being locked away behind some wall. Anyone and everyone should be able to view the creations made by the world regardless of their position in life. The created worlds, the characters, the stories, and the messages behind them." Serge replied. "If people made things for financial gain than that's what they'll focus on. They won't attempt to push the boundaries of art. They'll just be looking at what'll make them the most money."

"I agree everyone should be able to afford art, and nothing should cost anything and everything should be perfect, but things are not perfect and I can not see how one can change that, things cost money and there is a system, not to mention that something like a movie are not made by one person, there are so ma ny things you need to come together, you just can not do that without money, everyone need to be compensated to live, and yes that do mean that things are often made with the focus on money but the only way around it are if someone with so much money they could cover all the costs of a movie with no interest of seeing a return paid for it."
Jon said.
"Or a whole new system where found where there where unlimited resources so everyone could get whatever they wanted and needed at any time without paying for it."

[Basement]

"Some old guy probably won the nobel prize." Serge said with a smirk. He pulled out his phone and searched up a picture of the building that the vampire oracle and, more importantly, the ghoul guards were housed in.

He turned the phone around to show to Alexis and said, " Let's start off with this. Does this building look familiar to you? Do you recognize it?"

"No apperantly this dude found some way to make a new toothpaste which are gentler on your teeth but better at getting them clean or something."
Alexis said then she looked at the picture you showed her and she shook her head.
"No I have never seen that building before."
She replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:42 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

Swearing to herself, Nicole headed towards the Common Room, asking anyone she found en route if they'd seen her.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 am

[Steelhaven]

You met Ingmar on the way the Verbena nodded.
"Yeah she went out with Freddy I think."
He said when you asked about Fran.
"They where headed to the local store to pick up snacks I think."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:09 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Shit... do you know anyone here who has a silenced weapon I could borrow?' Nicole replied, giving a frown.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm

[Steelhaven]

"Hum...I am pretty sure Mr Terach have one...I think he is over at Master Sharaya's place."
Ingmar said and he scratched his head.
"He is pretty good with weapons...also Mr Miles might have one as well I think he is still at Westchapel though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:02 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.' Nicole replied, heading off towards Narim's apartment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:07 pm

[Steelhaven]

"No problem."
The Verbena said and he gave you a nod before he continued down the hallway.

You got to Narim's apartment and knocked on the door. The Virtual Adept Master opened the door and you could see Adjan sit in a chair by his living room table.
"Ah Miss Nicole...I think Master Haagen was looking for you, what can I do for you?"
Narim asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 pm

[Chief's Office]
Anja wrote:"Well you could try to use Perdo Vim to overwhelm the ward and take it down before it could go of, Muto or Rego Vim to try to control it and if this alarm is a spirit then there is an option of trying to negotiate or control them, or if they are bound by spell it can be removed."
Your Mentor suggested.
S7trif3 wrote:"I doubt I have the raw power to take down a ward like that in one go, unless I found a specific weakness without triggering it first. To control or change it I would need to know what it /does/ so, similar issue...so that leaves dealing with whatever it may bring. I'm not as good with ghosts..." he admitted.
Anja wrote:"You might have to bring someone who is good at dealing with ghosts unless Mr Wainwright have learned this skill yet...I guess at some time you have to risk triggering the ward to figure out what it do, or as it is described as an alarm, move quickly enough to be out of there before it's triggering brings reinforcements, but it is not a favorable situation no."
Your Mentor said with a frown.
S7trif3 wrote:"There's only so much room though, in the car," he said with a frown. "Maybe we can use the trick that the Master Verbena showed me, I can't do it myself yet but he basically had taken the arcane connections from one thing and transferred it to another," he said, thinking out loud.
Anja wrote:"That is true, space in the car is an issue. The working you are talking about might work though but how will that help with the ward mea filius?"
S7trife wrote:He shook his head at the offer. "No thank you, sir. Well, I was thinking...if there is some type of instant snapback rigged into it, we might be able to redirect it to something else, as a proxy. That way at least that first lash will not directly affect us."
Anja wrote:"That would actually work, the spell would remain intact but redirected...hum..."
Jeffry said.
"You might be able to keep the alarm from going of that way as well mea filius by tricking the ward in a way, making it appear it have never been triggered by shifting the target...but doing so is tricky."
S7trif3 wrote:"Trickier than trying to undo it without setting it off in the first place?"
Anja wrote:"It is hard to say which option would require the most finessa without first observing the ward myself, both would be pretty tricky."
Jeffry said with a frown.
Nicole wrote:'Five at the max. Is more even needed for just one slave?'
Anja wrote:"It is not the numbers I am thinking about but rather having someone with the expertise to deal with a ghost."
Jeffry said.
"The Giovanni are after all Necromancers."
S7trif3 wrote:"Basically, there is going to be some type of warding alarm that if tripped will call reinforcements, which could also be more ghouls and since it will be nighttime soon, worse, vampires. But if it is linked also to ghosts rather than middle umbral beings it won't be something I'm as good at dealing with - not all spirits are the same and ghosts are another matter really, having been human once. Not that the type of umbrood I know about are bound to be easy, either but banishing umbrood of those realms is different than ghosts, since they have fetters which attach them to our plane."
Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded to that. "I can work with them both."
Anja wrote:"Then you should be able to work with ghosts, and perhaps the magic used to bind them. Just remember that ghosts are as flawed as any human being, where natural spirits are more...pure in their motivations, this can make ghosts harder or easier to work with depending on how you look at it."
Your Mentor replied.
Nicole wrote:'In that case then, either we need to drop someone from the team or need to take two cars.'
Anja wrote:"More cars increase the risk of detection but having someone skilled with dealing with ghosts might be worth the risk."
S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe not."
Colin frowned, listening to the exchanges, "I'm no expert on ghosts, by any means, but I do have a spell or two that may come in handy - I can scramble magical loyalty bonds for a period of time, such as that between a ghoul and their vampire; I see no reason why that would not be able to affect a controlled ghost in a similar manner. As for inspecting the ward without tripping it, I think I can get a good look at it a few days ago - that way, even if it's tripped, the Giovanni will be less likely to be quite as alert today. Assuming that the alarm system is magical, rather than mundane. As for taking two cars - safety in numbers is a thing, but this job ideally calls more for guile than force, so we will want to keep a low profile. I don't suppose we could pull off a clown car trick with the Subaru?"

Anja wrote:"Magick probably should be used to land safely if the window have to be used but please do try to use it only as a last possible option."
The Chief said then he nodded.
"Yes getting that serum into a struggling opponent might be hard, I know the Union have darts with the stuff but how the get the entire dose in through that I do not know. As for rendering the guard unconscious there are several ways to that, from knocking them over the head to using dome of the drugs Dr Lee have up in his infirmary."
Nicole wrote:Nicole was silent while the Chief was speaking, clearly deep in thought. 'Do you still have those cop badges, sir?'
Anja wrote:"Yes I do Miss Bouchard, I have them in my drawer here, do you have need of them again?"
The Chief asked.
Nicole wrote:'Thinking that we do the old "cop raid" trick. Folks who live in a block like that will go out of their way to not notice anything. And if they think we're cops, bystanders won't call 'em either.'
Anja wrote:"Very well it sounds reasonable but you should discuss it with your Cabal leader."
Jeffry said and he opened the drawers in his desk and he handed you the badges.
"Here in case you need them Mr Wainwright."
S7trif3 wrote:"Might work, at least it might give enough cover if anyone asks. Hopefully, they won't."
He frowned and accepted the badges, looking at them, "I'm assuming we would have to play it off as a plain clothes operation, then? Because I don't think I could pull off masquerading in uniform... Hum, these look pretty damned convincing, though..."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I wish I could, I really do but as much as I hate to admit it I stand no chance against those guys."
He sighed, "Does anyone?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah...sure I can do that...let me see there is this witch that live in a a Chantry near the river, I do not know her name, but she is connected to that tree in the marches and the rest of the witches, she is really pretty like, oval eyes and long hair and skin the color of perfectly done coffee, my Master have some good dirt on her but I do not know what it is. Then there is this guy at the Umbra dock, a Union man I think my Master calls him Richardson, he is Fallen to, and there are someone at that Chantry at the university but those my Master keep very hush hush and then off course he have allot of contacts, mostly in banks and such who act as his eyes and ears."
The kaka bird said.
He wrote down the names, frowning, "Thank you... This confirms a few things, at least. I'm guessing the Sleeper contacts he had in banks are not going to be much of an issue, as such, since Eric's demise was... unscheduled. He doesn't strike me as the type to necessarily have a dozen plans in place in case of his sudden disappearance..."

Anja wrote:"Do you have any sunflower seeds?"
The parrot asked.
"Otherwise any fresh fruit works, it is what I would eat in nature, that and seeds, nuts and a bit of green buds and such."
He nodded, "I can't guarantee sunflower seeds, but I do know I have pumpkin seeds and a few others - for baking, you know - and some nuts and fruits. I'll bring some by next time I'm in."
He sighed softly, "Alright, thank you... I've got to go and rescue someone, and make someone else's night a fair bit worse as a consequence. I'm not expecting any favours from you, but... the kid we're rescuing is well and truly within the realm of the Ten of Swords right now. Been there for a while. It's time we draw him a new card..."

((OOC: Been a rough couple of days; pretty exhausted - most print jobs do not involve manually assembling almost 1,000 spiral-bound booklets. The printing and cutting was fairly alright, but the binding requires a bit more lifting, lugging and stacking... Razz But, job is pretty much on approximate schedule, we got the new printer in at work yesterday (can print thinker books with better trimming options), summer vacation's coming up pretty much as soon as the huge binding job is done, and I've got no particular plans for going anywhere at any specific date, so... probably going to spend the first couple of days of vacation in a vegetative state. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next