Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 21 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:38 am

[Chief's Office]

Serge looked surprised, not expecting the innocent request to have incurred the chief's ire, especially after he had offered to do so in the first place. "Very well. I apologize for being so forward. It seems I forgot my place." he said politely.

Jeffry continued to give you a stern look but then he simply nodded.

"None that I can see....which I'm pretty sure is against some kind of regulation. Don't think this neighborhood cared too much though." Serge said relaying the information he found. "The thing that annoys me about the second floor is that if we're discovered it won't take much time for reinforcements to get to us. Last mission we were saved by the fact that the Union had to climb up 13 flights of stairs. We won't have that luxury this time."

"I do think that this is a place that do not care much about regulations indeed."
Jeffry said.
"Well it go both ways it is faster for someone to get to the second floor but it is also faster for your group to get out as well."
The old Flambeau commented.
"As your Cabalmate say it is possible to jump out the window if you have no other options."

[Common Room]

He smiled thinly, "And in that regard, you served him well... We're none too happy about the collateral damage, but at the very least you made it easier to interrogate him..."

"I don't really care about damage to your Chantry you know."
Ruin said.
"I just wanted to save my Master."

He chuckled, "Tasty food is the oldest bribe in the world, or so they say... What we'd like is names, affiliation, approximate location of the people Eric worked with to create and spread the plague. We know about Francis Milliner, but I suspect there were others..."

"This sounds very much like you are asking about my Master's plans, which I told you I would not talk about I will not betray him for food or anything else I might be willing to talk about things that do not directly affect his plans, but nothing which would increase the chance his last project get foiled and after all that project is pretty ruinous."
The bird replied.

He smiled wryly and gave Mundi a wink, "Yes, well, the dog means the world to the alchemist. Can hardly fault him for that..."

Mundi looked at you and wagged his tail happily at that while Ruin muttered sarcastically.
"How nice."

ith that said, Serge left the office and went to find his VA cabalmate. Knowing he'd likely still be in the common room that where he went first.

You found Jon in the common room, still drinking tea and tapping at his phone like the first time you had talked with him in the common room today.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 21 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:43 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anjja's Post:

'Just avoid the concrete.' Nicole quipped. 'Do you want us to take in the slave, sir?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:51 pm

[Chief's Office]

"Yes we do not want broken bones, all in all though with magickal healing as long as you can get to your car lesser injuries are not of a great concern."
Jeffry said.
"Though we would want to avoid them non the less. As for the slave, it depend, he or she is not a priority as it is not likely they have allot of information, if there is time and it can be done safely then yes do so, but only if there is time and opertunity, I will leave that decicion up to Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:04 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'If the last two are anything to go by, they'll be strong as fuck. We'll need more of that serum stuff.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:15 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Yes from what I have heard they all get superhuman strength, a resistance to illness and aging and the ability to heal injuries as long as they have vampire blood in their systems, a few of them also have other powers, and for this they basically sell their bodies and souls into servitude."
Jeffry said and frowned and he rose and went to his safe and took out a bottle of bright green, thick fluid and a few large syringes.
"Here, it seams I will have to add negotiating with Mr Bridges for more of this foul stuff to my to do list."
He said as he handed the equipment to Nicole.
"Use it only if you have to Miss Bouchard this substance is not cheap."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:39 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:You found Jon in the common room, still drinking tea and tapping at his phone like the first time you had talked with him in the common room today.

"Yo, Jon." Serge said, after he had managed to push through the VA's stealth aura and remember what he looked like. "I assume Mr. Wainwright has told you all the details for the mission."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:44 pm

[Common Room]

"Yo, Jon." Serge said, after he had managed to push through the VA's stealth aura and remember what he looked like. "I assume Mr. Wainwright has told you all the details for the mission."

"Not all the details, I know we are heading out to get this vampire oracle he have told us about and I have been looking at the address in question."
Jon said and he sipped his tea.
"Are we heading out?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:49 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Not all the details, I know we are heading out to get this vampire oracle he have told us about and I have been looking at the address in question."
Jon said and he sipped his tea.
"Are we heading out?"

"I have no clue. I was shooed out of the office before I could ask." Serge said with a sigh. "There's still some things that need to be done. Adley's gotta work some magick. Nicole's gonna check the armory. Mr. Wainwright doing Mr. Wainwright things. Preparations will be quick though, so expect to be heading out soon."

"As for me, I have pictures to draw." he said, pulling up a chair so he could sit next to Jon. "Have you managed to catch a glimpse at the ghoul guards in the building? I need them if I'm gonna knock them out."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:30 pm

[Common Room]

I have no clue. I was shooed out of the office before I could ask." Serge said with a sigh. "There's still some things that need to be done. Adley's gotta work some magick. Nicole's gonna check the armory. Mr. Wainwright doing Mr. Wainwright things. Preparations will be quick though, so expect to be heading out soon."

"You got shooed out? Was the Chief busy?"
Jon asked then he nodded.
"I am basically ready to move out when Colin says so."
He told you.

"As for me, I have pictures to draw." he said, pulling up a chair so he could sit next to Jon. "Have you managed to catch a glimpse at the ghoul guards in the building? I need them if I'm gonna knock them out."

"Unfortunately no, there is a camera in the delli but it do not point towards the apartment in question so it is no way of knowing who the ghoul is, and due to their alarms or rather wards really it is hard to just poke in magickally to get a glimpse of them."
The Virtual Adept said and he shook his head.
"That would probably alert them if I did."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:45 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"You got shooed out? Was the Chief busy?"
Jon asked then he nodded.
"I am basically ready to move out when Colin says so."
He told you.

"Weelll...something like that. The details aren't important." Serge said deciding not to go into detail on Nicole's heated discussions with the chief or his own social faux pas. "That's good to hear. Same for me as well."

Anja wrote:"Unfortunately no, there is a camera in the delli but it do not point towards the apartment in question so it is no way of knowing who the ghoul is, and due to their alarms or rather wards really it is hard to just poke in magickally to get a glimpse of them."
The Virtual Adept said and he shook his head.
"That would probably alert them if I did."

"Well that's a major problem. A lot of the plan hinges on taking out the guards before we get there." Serge said with a thoughtful look on his face. "Does the ward extend to the deli? Or does it only cover the apartment building? Also what exactly does it block? Only scrying or all forms of magick?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:55 pm

[Common Room]

"Weelll...something like that. The details aren't important." Serge said deciding not to go into detail on Nicole's heated discussions with the chief or his own social faux pas. "That's good to hear. Same for me as well."

Jon chuckle a bit at that then he finished his tea.
"It seams we are both ready then, I will charge my phone and load on some new apps on it, just in case we need them."

"Well that's a major problem. A lot of the plan hinges on taking out the guards before we get there." Serge said with a thoughtful look on his face. "Does the ward extend to the deli? Or does it only cover the apartment building? Also what exactly does it block? Only scrying or all forms of magick?"

"It is only on the building, and it do not block anything Serge it is an alarm notifying those who put it there of interference which is also why I have not wanted to poke at it to much."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 pm

[Cheif's Office]

'No time. Nor do we know how resistant them slaves are to electrocution.'

"I meant a silencer."

Jeffry gave you a stern look.
"Mr Yager are you under the impression I sit in my office all day twiddling my thumb you are a junior mage and the spell you ask me to perform is a basic one that you by your rank in Entropy should be able to perform yourself so would quite a few others at the Chantry, so no I will not drop everything I am doing to be summoned to the garage like an apprentice to stand around there waiting until your team decide to gather so I can perform a spell for you that you just as easily could cast yourself or find someone able to perform because it would be...so sweet...Mr Yager I simply have no time for that. If and I repeat if you are unable to cast the spell you want and your Cabal leader are also unable to do so and you can not find anyone else on short notice then you might bring your team here to my office and I will assist you."
He said sternly.
Serge looked surprised, not expecting the innocent request to have incurred the chief's ire, especially after he had offered to do so in the first place. "Very well. I apologize for being so forward. It seems I forgot my place." he said politely

He scratched at his chin a moment and then glanced sidelong at Serge and interjected in a milder tone, "Did my sora use a spell like that? Perhaps you might glean something that you can use for your own process, if you have never tried such a thing before?"

"None that I can see....which I'm pretty sure is against some kind of regulation. Don't think this neighborhood cared too much though." Serge said relaying the information he found. "The thing that annoys me about the second floor is that if we're discovered it won't take much time for reinforcements to get to us. Last mission we were saved by the fact that the Union had to climb up 13 flights of stairs. We won't have that luxury this time."

"How many stories is the building total? Is there an adjacent building conjoined or is it freestanding on all sides?"

"I do think that this is a place that do not care much about regulations indeed."
Jeffry said.
"Well it go both ways it is faster for someone to get to the second floor but it is also faster for your group to get out as well."
"As your Cabalmate say it is possible to jump out the window if you have no other options."

"I really don't want to jump out the window, not carrying someone," he frowned in thought. It was easy in the movies, but in real life they'd need some agility and some magick to not break their legs at the very least.

"Many wards are set of to go off if they are examined yes."
Jeffry said as he stood and he filled a glass of water pitcher on the shelf and handed the glass to you.
"Certainly mea filius."

"I don't suppose you've got some insight on how to not make that happen, besides the ars temporalis? I suppose fati could also help," he mused. He took the water and drank it down. "Thank you."

[Garage]

When he noticed you looking at him the angle stepped over to you and he gave you a slight bow, he selected one of the sprites he was herding, a small, green light that he put into your hand. "Take this with you on your quest young warrior, she will illuminate your path." Uncle Willard said formally and the little sprite hummed it young hand. "I should return to my duties young warrior." Willard said after he had given you the little spirit and he bowed again and continued herding little plant sprites towards the main Chantry.

He looked surprised as the protector spirit deviated a moment to deposit a plant sprite into his hand. He looked at the little humming bobbin and smiled a bit at it, then looked at Willard. "Thank you," he said and nodded to him as he bowed. Then Adley looked at the sprite. "How do you feel about helping me out? We'll be going outside somewhere and it might be dangerous," he said in Enochian, looking at the little spirit. He wasn't sure how sentient it was, it could be mostly like his spider friends but it was best to find out. "It seems that your abilities will be handy."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm

[Chief's Office]
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, sure thing. I'll get on that." Serge said timidly, hoping he hadn't caused too many problems with the chief. "I'll also need the memory of Shawn later."
Colin nodded, "I'll give you a description before we're there. Should be enough time with Ms. Bouchard driving."

Nicole wrote:'If we could knock out any outside lights by the door, think that might be enough... it's gonna be dark by then, and there will be people going in and out of the building all the time anyway.'
He nodded, "Cut power to the local street lights, that sort of neighbourhood would probably not notice or care much..."

Anja wrote:"I do think that this is a place that do not care much about regulations indeed."
Jeffry said.
S7trif3 wrote:"I really don't want to jump out the window, not carrying someone," he frowned in thought. It was easy in the movies, but in real life they'd need some agility and some magick to not break their legs at the very least.
Nicole wrote:'Just avoid the concrete.' Nicole quipped. 'Do you want us to take in the slave, sir?'
Anja wrote:"Yes we do not want broken bones, all in all though with magickal healing as long as you can get to your car lesser injuries are not of a great concern."
Jeffry said.
"Though we would want to avoid them non the less. As for the slave, it depend, he or she is not a priority as it is not likely they have allot of information, if there is time and it can be done safely then yes do so, but only if there is time and opertunity, I will leave that decicion up to Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic replied.
Nicole wrote:'If the last two are anything to go by, they'll be strong as fuck. We'll need more of that serum stuff.'
Anja wrote:"Yes from what I have heard they all get superhuman strength, a resistance to illness and aging and the ability to heal injuries as long as they have vampire blood in their systems, a few of them also have other powers, and for this they basically sell their bodies and souls into servitude."
Jeffry said and frowned and he rose and went to his safe and took out a bottle of bright green, thick fluid and a few large syringes.
"Here, it seams I will have to add negotiating with Mr Bridges for more of this foul stuff to my to do list."
He said as he handed the equipment to Nicole.
"Use it only if you have to Miss Bouchard this substance is not cheap."
He arched an eyebrow, "If it comes to using the window, do we go by ladies first, or age before beauty? Chances are whoever goes first will hit concrete, and end up inconvenienced. And... I'd say no need to bring in the ghoul, and the serum is... probably not going to help, either. It's tricky enough to administer to an ordinary person against their will, someone with superhuman strength is pretty much out of the question in a combat situation. We just need to render them unconscious in some manner, no real need to disable them further at that expense."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"I don't really care about damage to your Chantry you know."
Ruin said.
"I just wanted to save my Master."
He nodded, "And you did save him from us. Pity you couldn't save him from his dark patrons, too..."

Anja wrote:"This sounds very much like you are asking about my Master's plans, which I told you I would not talk about I will not betray him for food or anything else I might be willing to talk about things that do not directly affect his plans, but nothing which would increase the chance his last project get foiled and after all that project is pretty ruinous."
The bird replied.
He smiled wryly, fishing up his notebook and pen, ready to write any admissions, "Fair enough. How about any other contacts in the Traditions or the Union that you know of, then? People he had his hooks in and blackmailed into doing his bidding?"

Anja wrote:Mundi looked at you and wagged his tail happily at that while Ruin muttered sarcastically.
"How nice."
He grinned, "So it is. Alright, then, what sort of snacks would you prefer? I believe I have some raisins available, and some dried fruits, if that's to your liking. If not, I can get something better."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:09 pm

[Cheif's Office]

"How many stories is the building total? Is there an adjacent building conjoined or is it freestanding on all sides?"

Serge and Nicole would be able to see that the building had three floors.

"I really don't want to jump out the window, not carrying someone," he frowned in thought. It was easy in the movies, but in real life they'd need some agility and some magick to not break their legs at the very least.

"It is not desirable no but it is one possible escape if everything else fails."
Jeffry said.
"And yes magick can be used to cushion the fall. Hopefully it will not be needed."

"I don't suppose you've got some insight on how to not make that happen, besides the ars temporalis? I suppose fati could also help," he mused. He took the water and drank it down. "Thank you."

"Well you could try to use Perdo Vim to overwhelm the ward and take it down before it could go of, Muto or Rego Vim to try to control it and if this alarm is a spirit then there is an option of trying to negotiate or control them, or if they are bound by spell it can be removed."
Your Mentor suggested.

He arched an eyebrow, "If it comes to using the window, do we go by ladies first, or age before beauty? Chances are whoever goes first will hit concrete, and end up inconvenienced. And... I'd say no need to bring in the ghoul, and the serum is... probably not going to help, either. It's tricky enough to administer to an ordinary person against their will, someone with superhuman strength is pretty much out of the question in a combat situation. We just need to render them unconscious in some manner, no real need to disable them further at that expense."

"Magick probably should be used to land safely if the window have to be used but please do try to use it only as a last possible option."
The Chief said then he nodded.
"Yes getting that serum into a struggling opponent might be hard, I know the Union have darts with the stuff but how the get the entire dose in through that I do not know. As for rendering the guard unconscious there are several ways to that, from knocking them over the head to using dome of the drugs Dr Lee have up in his infirmary."

[Common Room]

He nodded, "And you did save him from us. Pity you couldn't save him from his dark patrons, too..."

"Yeah I wish I could, I really do but as much as I hate to admit it I stand no chance against those guys."

He smiled wryly, fishing up his notebook and pen, ready to write any admissions, "Fair enough. How about any other contacts in the Traditions or the Union that you know of, then? People he had his hooks in and blackmailed into doing his bidding?"

"Yeah...sure I can do that...let me see there is this witch that live in a a Chantry near the river, I do not know her name, but she is connected to that tree in the marches and the rest of the witches, she is really pretty like, oval eyes and long hair and skin the color of perfectly done coffee, my Master have some good dirt on her but I do not know what it is. Then there is this guy at the Umbra dock, a Union man I think my Master calls him Richardson, he is Fallen to, and there are someone at that Chantry at the university but those my Master keep very hush hush and then off course he have allot of contacts, mostly in banks and such who act as his eyes and ears."
The kaka bird said.

He grinned, "So it is. Alright, then, what sort of snacks would you prefer? I believe I have some raisins available, and some dried fruits, if that's to your liking. If not, I can get something better."

"Do you have any sunflower seeds?"
The parrot asked.
"Otherwise any fresh fruit works, it is what I would eat in nature, that and seeds, nuts and a bit of green buds and such."

[Garage]

He looked surprised as the protector spirit deviated a moment to deposit a plant sprite into his hand. He looked at the little humming bobbin and smiled a bit at it, then looked at Willard. "Thank you," he said and nodded to him as he bowed. Then Adley looked at the sprite. "How do you feel about helping me out? We'll be going outside somewhere and it might be dangerous," he said in Enochian, looking at the little spirit. He wasn't sure how sentient it was, it could be mostly like his spider friends but it was best to find out. "It seems that your abilities will be handy."

The little plant spirit danced around in your hand, giving of a calming, pleasant him, it felt like walking in a forest in spring, it did not reply in words though, it just continued to dance about and hum, seaming content to stay with you, this was a tiny gaffling after all, it would be on the level of your spiderlings so it was doubtful it could speak as such and it was more akin to a small animal or insect than something like Uncle Willard.

(OOC: https://www.google.com/search?q=it+is+dangerous+to+go+alone&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiviKyG34fjAhVk16YKHZhODJ4Q_AUIECgB&biw=1920&bih=966#imgrc=vnIyB1fPosl4cM: )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:17 pm

[Cheif's Office]

Anja wrote:Serge and Nicole would be able to see that the building had three floors.

"Three floors...." Serge said absentmindedly, before looking closer at his phone screen and realizing what he had said, "Three floors! Wow...don't think I've seen an apartment building that small."

Adley wrote:He scratched at his chin a moment and then glanced sidelong at Serge and interjected in a milder tone, "Did my sora use a spell like that? Perhaps you might glean something that you can use for your own process, if you have never tried such a thing before?"

"I already know how to do a spell like that. It involves mind magick though, which I don't think I'll be allowed to do." Serge explained. "I could learn how to do the purely fortune version of the spell, wouldn't be too hard, but then I'd be responsible for knocking out the guards and then maintaining this spell. Not to mention what other surprises might pop up that would need my skills."

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"It is only on the building, and it do not block anything Serge it is an alarm notifying those who put it there of interference which is also why I have not wanted to poke at it to much."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh."

"Hmmmmm...." Serge said as he thought to himself. "It may be possible to look at the memories of those who enter the deli. If some of the customers live in the apartment then we could get a layout of the inside of the apartment and maybe even the faces of the ghouls without triggering those alarms. Best case scenario, one of the ghouls enters that deli and I can scan his mind for the faces of all of his allies and patrol routes."

After saying that Serge sighed and said, "But, before you yell at me, I know. Magick on sleepers is super forbidden. I have a spell that could get the ghouls to go to the deli, but I don't know if it'll trigger those alarms or not. What constitutes as 'interference' is kinda vague."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:33 pm

[Cheif's Office]

"I already know how to do a spell like that. It involves mind magick though, which I don't think I'll be allowed to do." Serge explained. "I could learn how to do the purely fortune version of the spell, wouldn't be too hard, but then I'd be responsible for knocking out the guards and then maintaining this spell. Not to mention what other surprises might pop up that would need my skills."

"Well the spell my filia practice use just Entropy, it is basically creating an artificial version of the gift and curse your Cabalmate Mr Sherman carry."
Jeffry said.
"Manipulating minds not to see you would be something else but if you can target just the guard not to do so that would be acceptable but not all the sleepers you may meet on the mission."

[Common Room]

"Hmmmmm...." Serge said as he thought to himself. "It may be possible to look at the memories of those who enter the deli. If some of the customers live in the apartment then we could get a layout of the inside of the apartment and maybe even the faces of the ghouls without triggering those alarms. Best case scenario, one of the ghouls enters that deli and I can scan his mind for the faces of all of his allies and patrol routes."

"Nah I doubt that would work since A what are the chances that the ghoul will enter the delli right now while we are keeping an eye on it, B the guards are not going to have invited folks home to where they are keeping a vampire prisoner so no one will have been inside of that apartment, I doubt anyone live in the apartment it is just used to house the vampire and the guard watching him at the time, and the thing is we do not know what this ghoul look like and they probably have several guards in rotation and how would anyone we might read the mind of know which person live where this just seam to be allot of stepping into pepole's personal space for an allmost zero chance of it leading to anything."
Jon said and he shook his head.

After saying that Serge sighed and said, "But, before you yell at me, I know. Magick on sleepers is super forbidden. I have a spell that could get the ghouls to go to the deli, but I don't know if it'll trigger those alarms or not. What constitutes as 'interference' is kinda vague."

"Using magick on sleepers is not forbidden harming sleepers is. If I thought your plan had any merit then sure if we could discreetly read the surface thoughts of a few delli patrons and find out what we need then sure but chances are they do not know who use that apartment."
Jon said and sigh.
"Well it is not likely to not in the delli as such it is a ward it is not all powerful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:52 pm

[Cheif's Office]

"Three floors...." Serge said absentmindedly, before looking closer at his phone screen and realizing what he had said, "Three floors! Wow...don't think I've seen an apartment building that small."

"Probably an older building then."

He nodded at that. "Having too many spells going is cumbersome and challenging," he agreed.

"It is not desirable no but it is one possible escape if everything else fails."
Jeffry said.
"And yes magick can be used to cushion the fall. Hopefully it will not be needed."

"This is what I get for saying I wanted to practice flying spells on Horizon," he said wryly.

"Well you could try to use Perdo Vim to overwhelm the ward and take it down before it could go of, Muto or Rego Vim to try to control it and if this alarm is a spirit then there is an option of trying to negotiate or control them, or if they are bound by spell it can be removed."
Your Mentor suggested.

"I doubt I have the raw power to take down a ward like that in one go, unless I found a specific weakness without triggering it first. To control or change it I would need to know what it /does/ so, similar issue...so that leaves dealing with whatever it may bring. I'm not as good with ghosts..." he admitted.

[Garage]

The little plant spirit danced around in your hand, giving of a calming, pleasant him, it felt like walking in a forest in spring, it did not reply in words though, it just continued to dance about and hum, seaming content to stay with you, this was a tiny gaffling after all, it would be on the level of your spiderlings so it was doubtful it could speak as such and it was more akin to a small animal or insect than something like Uncle Willard.

"Alright. Well, I'm going to work on a shield and I'd like you to be okay to stay around me, so I need to work that in," he said, more to himself that the little plant sprite. He reached his hand up and put the little spirit on his right hand shoulder.

// xD "HEY, LISTEN!"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 pm

[Cheif's Office]

Probably an older building then."

For the two of you where looking at images of the building it did indeed look rather old and rather derelict.

"This is what I get for saying I wanted to practice flying spells on Horizon," he said wryly.

"Well you never know when you get a chance to get some good practice in."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.

"I doubt I have the raw power to take down a ward like that in one go, unless I found a specific weakness without triggering it first. To control or change it I would need to know what it /does/ so, similar issue...so that leaves dealing with whatever it may bring. I'm not as good with ghosts..." he admitted.

"You might have to bring someone who is good at dealing with ghosts unless Mr Wainwright have learned this skill yet...I guess at some time you have to risk triggering the ward to figure out what it do, or as it is described as an alarm, move quickly enough to be out of there before it's triggering brings reinforcements, but it is not a favorable situation no."
Your Mentor said with a frown.

[Garage]

"Alright. Well, I'm going to work on a shield and I'd like you to be okay to stay around me, so I need to work that in," he said, more to himself that the little plant sprite. He reached his hand up and put the little spirit on his right hand shoulder.

The little sprite danced around young shoulder humming, you could feel your headache getting a little better from the pleasing, calming sound of the little spirit's sounds as she danced around happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:18 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, though didn't take the items from the table.

Adley's Post:

'Same answer.' she replied, while giving a somewhat preoccupied look.

Strife's Posts:

Serge's Post:

'Pre-War three-decker. Found everywhere in New England. Lived in one as a bit as a kid, me. Know one, know 'em all.' giving a little shrug.

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent while the Chief was speaking, clearly deep in thought. 'Do you still have those cop badges, sir?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 pm

[Chief's Office]

Nicole nodded to this, though didn't take the items from the table.

Jeffry gave a surprised look at that but he did not comment.

Nicole was silent while the Chief was speaking, clearly deep in thought. 'Do you still have those cop badges, sir?'

"Yes I do Miss Bouchard, I have them in my drawer here, do you have need of them again?"
The Chief asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:28 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja's Post:

'Thinking that we do the old "cop raid" trick. Folks who live in a block like that will go out of their way to not notice anything. And if they think we're cops, bystanders won't call 'em either.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 pm

[Chief's Office]

Anja wrote:"Well the spell my filia practice use just Entropy, it is basically creating an artificial version of the gift and curse your Cabalmate Mr Sherman carry."
Jeffry said.
"Manipulating minds not to see you would be something else but if you can target just the guard not to do so that would be acceptable but not all the sleepers you may meet on the mission."

Serge simply nodded and said nothing, too afraid of making another mistake in front of the chief.

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Nah I doubt that would work since A what are the chances that the ghoul will enter the delli right now while we are keeping an eye on it, B the guards are not going to have invited folks home to where they are keeping a vampire prisoner so no one will have been inside of that apartment, I doubt anyone live in the apartment it is just used to house the vampire and the guard watching him at the time, and the thing is we do not know what this ghoul look like and they probably have several guards in rotation and how would anyone we might read the mind of know which person live where this just seam to be allot of stepping into pepole's personal space for an allmost zero chance of it leading to anything."

"Dammit, I thought I had something there. Oh well..." Serge said making no effort to argue against the virtual adept valid points.

Anja wrote:"Using magick on sleepers is not forbidden harming sleepers is. If I thought your plan had any merit then sure if we could discreetly read the surface thoughts of a few delli patrons and find out what we need then sure but chances are they do not know who use that apartment."
Jon said and sigh.
"Well it is not likely to not in the delli as such it is a ward it is not all powerful."

"Really? I always figured it was all magick was forbidden on sleepers." Serge said absentmindedly trying to think of another work around.

"The spell I was thinking of would get a random guard ghoul to go to the deli by manipulating various different factors. That would means it's affect would need to reach the building in order to manipulate various factors that would get the ghoul to go to the deli. So it'll probably trigger the ward. Unless we were lucky and one of the ghouls was out of the wards range for some reason." Serge said leaning back in his chair.

"Don't you have some kinda ghoul scanner app? Can't you look through the past footage to see if any of the previous patrons were ghouls?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:38 am

[Chief's Office]

'Thinking that we do the old "cop raid" trick. Folks who live in a block like that will go out of their way to not notice anything. And if they think we're cops, bystanders won't call 'em either.'

"Very well it sounds reasonable but you should discuss it with your Cabal leader."
Jeffry said and he opened the drawers in his desk and he handed you the badges.
"Here in case you need them Mr Wainwright."

[Common Room]

"Dammit, I thought I had something there. Oh well..." Serge said making no effort to argue against the virtual adept valid points.

"The problem is that since we do not know who the ghoul is looking through someone's mind for them will not work as we would not know who of those they know are the ghoul, our guests in the basement might know the ones assigned to guard duty though."
Jon said.

"Really? I always figured it was all magick was forbidden on sleepers." Serge said absentmindedly trying to think of another work around.

"Not at all harming sleepers are not allowed. If Dr Lee want to add a bit of magick to make sure a patient recovers faster he is free to do that as much as he want."
Jon said.
"And your magick either is not illegal however manipulating people's minds without their permission or a great need is immoral not illegal."

"The spell I was thinking of would get a random guard ghoul to go to the deli by manipulating various different factors. That would means it's affect would need to reach the building in order to manipulate various factors that would get the ghoul to go to the deli. So it'll probably trigger the ward. Unless we were lucky and one of the ghouls was out of the wards range for some reason." Serge said leaning back in his chair.

"What we where told there are one guard at the time so they are not likely to leave the apartment, if they use the delli it is coming on or going of their shift, just manipulating chance to get them to go to the delli will not work as then they would have to disobey orders and if you could reach in and force them to go against their orders and go to the delli without a picture of them why is getting a picture that important?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

[quote]["Don't you have some kinda ghoul scanner app? Can't you look through the past footage to see if any of the previous patrons were ghouls?"/quote]

"No that is part my abilities to check for supernatural elements in the past."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:35 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"The problem is that since we do not know who the ghoul is looking through someone's mind for them will not work as we would not know who of those they know are the ghoul, our guests in the basement might know the ones assigned to guard duty though."
Jon said.

"That's an idea." Serge said with a nod. "It's the boring option. And I hate to disturb them. But might be the only way."

Anja wrote:"Not at all harming sleepers are not allowed. If Dr Lee want to add a bit of magick to make sure a patient recovers faster he is free to do that as much as he want."
Jon said.
"And your magick either is not illegal however manipulating people's minds without their permission or a great need is immoral not illegal."

"Ehhh, I feel like a good enough lawyer would be able to argue that using magick to heal injured sleepers is still harmful to them." Serge said looking doubtful. "And we're the good guys. Immoral and Illegal are basically the same thing."

Anja wrote:"What we where told there are one guard at the time so they are not likely to leave the apartment, if they use the delli it is coming on or going of their shift, just manipulating chance to get them to go to the delli will not work as then they would have to disobey orders and if you could reach in and force them to go against their orders and go to the delli without a picture of them why is getting a picture that important?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

"When were we told that?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow, not remembering anytime where the number of guards were mentioned. "And the picture is important cause it helps strengthen the spell. The better connection I have with the target the more I'll be able to make them do. And blowing through ghoul loyalty is no joke so I'll need all the help I can get. I suggested the fortune spell because I thought there would be more than one guard on patrol. Just one guard is a different story though."

Anja wrote:"No that is part my abilities to check for supernatural elements in the past."

"You said that their on rotation right?" Serge said tilting his head. "As in...some ghoul works his shift and another ghoul will eventually come over to the building to take over?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:12 pm

[Cheif's Office]

"You might have to bring someone who is good at dealing with ghosts unless Mr Wainwright have learned this skill yet...I guess at some time you have to risk triggering the ward to figure out what it do, or as it is described as an alarm, move quickly enough to be out of there before it's triggering brings reinforcements, but it is not a favorable situation no."

"There's only so much room though, in the car," he said with a frown. "Maybe we can use the trick that the Master Verbena showed me, I can't do it myself yet but he basically had taken the arcane connections from one thing and transferred it to another," he said, thinking out loud.

'Pre-War three-decker. Found everywhere in New England. Lived in one as a bit as a kid, me. Know one, know 'em all.' giving a little shrug.

He nodded.

"Very well it sounds reasonable but you should discuss it with your Cabal leader."
Jeffry said and he opened the drawers in his desk and he handed you the badges.
"Here in case you need them Mr Wainwright."

"Might work, at least it might give enough cover if anyone asks. Hopefully, they won't."

[Garage]

The little sprite danced around young shoulder humming, you could feel your headache getting a little better from the pleasing, calming sound of the little spirit's sounds as she danced around happily.

"I think you will cheer one of my friends up," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next