Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

5 posters

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 12 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 am

[Basement Again]

"A trait I may have picked up. I'll let her know next time I see her." Serge assured the elder magi.

"That is most kind of you young man."
Crexia said she was still not smiling though as she followed you to the common room.

"Hmmm?" Serge said glancing at Colin when he called out to him. "I can do that. I can't imagine Nicole forgetting stuff like that though."

With a new task given, Serge headed up the stairs to Nicole's room, making plans to head to his own room soon afterwards.

You got to Nicole's room, a few of the residents of the Chantry where rushing here and there, probably on orders from Jeffry, now one talked to you along the way though.

(OOC: I will let Nicole describe her apartment and whatever or not the stove is on.)

[Basement]

Yeah, we noticed that from the cat's social media...' the large woman replied, tone making it obvious she wasn't a cat person.

"Yeah...Vera do that, taking FruFru to shows and such have become a hobby for her, for me I just want a companion I would have been happy with a rescue."
Alexis said and she scratched her head.

With a deft motion, Nicole opened the cuffs, moved the bracelet, affixed one end snugly but not tightly around the wrist and then slapped the other end around the pipe. After testing to make sure they were locked, she moved back from the ghoul.

'Now...' pulling out her cell-phone and working the screen. '-where is that vid of the Mirrorshades? Just so you don't have to take my word for it...'

Alexis seamed suprised at the light restraints but she nodded and waited as you found the video Serge had saved on his phone of the eight Technocrats moving up the stairs and trying to get to Vera's apartment and then get the group of mages who had her. Arn glanced at you a bit uncertain.
"Ehm...can I put my gun away now I do not like to point a weapon at a woman's head."
He asked.
"It feels wrong."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37 - Page 12 Empty Re: Cats, Uncooperative Prisoners and Eight Technocrats IC Thread 37

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm

[Basement]
Nicole wrote:'We'll see...' she replied cryptically.
Colin just smiled.

Anja wrote:"I also can not make promises for my Mistress."
Alexis said.
"But she might be willing to come to some solution, it depend on what sort of arrangement you had in mind, outright spying for you guys on vampire society though probably not it would be far to much risk."
He shook his head, "Espionage would be an outrageous demand. I was thinking more along the lines of diplomatic liaison - a simple point of contact with Clan Giovanni for messages. It is something that could well prove of mutual benefit to us all."

Anja wrote:"Well he sounds like quite a peach...ehm...what wait the Sabbat is ready to move in on Boston? Shit that is not good."
The prisoner said and paled.
He nodded, "I got word from a trusted source, and had it confirmed by another; the plaguemaker's ally is an old Tzimisce Priest, it seems, and he's got a hunger for the Boston territory."

Anja wrote:"Well exploding prisoners are not usually a huge problem so taking expensive precautions to avoid such exploding prisoners from doing to much damage might not be worth the cost."
Richard said wryly.
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, it might only have to serve that purpose once to be worth the investment. But yes, it is an exorbitant cost, most likely."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Very well, we can exhaust other avenues for gathering the needed information first before waking Miss Milliner however we will need to move rather quickly, from the rapport I got it seams the Union might know these vampires are involved and unless we pick up Mr Milliner and this oracle quickly then they might snag them under our noses."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"Now when that is said you are correct I can not make such a deal with a vampire, non Hermetic members of the Deacon Council can and if anyone are willing to do so it might be worth it."
He smiled wryly, "Well, fortunately, I know a Deacon who might be persuaded... But, get the blood sample to Mrs. Von Hess quickly, then, to divine the man's address."

Anja wrote:"That sounds like quite a feat of magick yes."
Jeffry said and he frowned.
"You are right, please ask Richard what he will need and I will set someone to the task of gathering volunteers."
The Hermetic agreed.
He nodded, "Will do."

Anja wrote:The parrot stopped preening for a moment, a long, black feather still in her beak and she looked at Colin for a moment, then she jumped around, spat the feather out of her beak and gave a bow flapping her wings.
"That is me."
She confirmed.
"And it look like you are not unfamiliar with the principle I am a manifestation of yourself."
Colin smiled wryly, flipping through the pages of the Tarot, "Looks can deceive. For me, it was Death, not Ruin, if I read these cards right... though I suppose the two could be combined. What I don't get, though, is why you insist on retaining your loyalty to that which you cannot touch in a man devoted to unmaking the entire deck? The Nephandi pursue Unmaking, not mere destruction - if his goals were accomplished, you would lose your purpose, as there would no longer be anything left to bring into ruin, and the word 'ruin' itself would no longer have meaning, or even exist..."

Jeremy wrote:"Hmmm?" Serge said glancing at Colin when he called out to him. "I can do that. I can't imagine Nicole forgetting stuff like that though."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, there was the matter of the Nephandus dispersing in the basement."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:28 pm

[Basement]

He shook his head, "Espionage would be an outrageous demand. I was thinking more along the lines of diplomatic liaison - a simple point of contact with Clan Giovanni for messages. It is something that could well prove of mutual benefit to us all."

"That would probably be acceptable yes. I can not promise anything on my Mistress' behalf after all I am just a ghoul but I think she will agree to it."
Alexis said and nodded.
"Depending off course on the actual terms of the arrangements."

He nodded, "I got word from a trusted source, and had it confirmed by another; the plaguemaker's ally is an old Tzimisce Priest, it seems, and he's got a hunger for the Boston territory."

"Well...ehm...shit, time to talk Vera into leaving Boston."
The ghoul said and she paled considerably.
"That is not good."

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, it might only have to serve that purpose once to be worth the investment. But yes, it is an exorbitant cost, most likely."

"Yeah I doubt Steelhaven will be able to afford that anytime soon."
Richard replied wryly.

[Common Room]

He smiled wryly, "Well, fortunately, I know a Deacon who might be persuaded... But, get the blood sample to Mrs. Von Hess quickly, then, to divine the man's address."

"Yes he might be persuaded indeed, but yes getting that address quickly is a priority, so you should probably do and take care of that Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied and nodded.
"We need to get Mr Milliner before the Union do."

He nodded, "Will do."

"Good...thank you Mr Wainwright."

Colin smiled wryly, flipping through the pages of the Tarot, "Looks can deceive. For me, it was Death, not Ruin, if I read these cards right... though I suppose the two could be combined. What I don't get, though, is why you insist on retaining your loyalty to that which you cannot touch in a man devoted to unmaking the entire deck? The Nephandi pursue Unmaking, not mere destruction - if his goals were accomplished, you would lose your purpose, as there would no longer be anything left to bring into ruin, and the word 'ruin' itself would no longer have meaning, or even exist..."

The bird looked at you for a moment.
"Yes to some degree Death and the Tower, which Ten of Swords are linked are similar only that Death desonates a change, the end of one thing and the start of another, it do not have to be a painful end, it is just an end. Ruin is destruction, it is painful and brutal, and it might lead to new growth, usually there are a cycle to things, but in an of itself it is well...ruin, pain and simply."
She said then she sigh and looked down.
"I protect my Master's ideals because when I got this form, when I became his familliar I am no longer pure spirit, no longer just a purpose I am also incarnate and I care about him, even if his ideals might ultimatly be against my purpose."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:11 pm

[Common room]

He frowned, "Hum, I'm hardly an expert on the Tarot... let me look it up, would you?"
He quickly fished out his phone

"Of course," he said with a nod. He looked irate or frustrated at the situation, having not been able to get anything much from their new prisoner but insults. He stood quietly nearby as Colin addressed the bird, keeping an eye on things and listening to what was going on.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 pm

[Common room]

What seamed to be going on that the basement was almost completely repaired Ars Terram was a good thing, and now teams where checking every wall in the Chantry to see if there where any cracks, now only clean up remained, basically Dahl needed to be literary mopped up.

Jeffry where telling Crexia about the general situation catching her up to what had been happening. It seamed the explosion scare was coming to an end but it had been quite a scare. Helena was talking with Mr Riez telling him how she had experienced the explosion, in general there was allot of chatter.

Mundi looked at the parrot sigh deeply and put his large head against your leg, his big brown eyes begging petting, then you heard a deep, warm voice speak in Enochian, it was not quite telepathy since it came from the spiritual plane but it was also not quite physical.
"Once we become part of an animal...or other incarnated thing, we become less spirit, separating Ruin from her physical form would return her to the form she had before and the task, but doing so might kill the body she now inhabit. If it was me, it would be one thing this body was dead, his soul had left before I inhabited it, but I do not know if a Nephandus would take such care to make sure a body for his familiar where no longer in use."
The voice was warm and friendly, it sounded like the voice of a very old man speaking to a favored grandson as Mundi wagged his tail happily. The language was high Enochian the same as the shard in your soul spoke, what was spoken in the High Umbra among Higher beings of light.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:00 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'We guessed.'

Anja's Post:

'Just to stop you wandering around, like.' Nicole quipped on seeing the ghoul's reaction and correctly assuming the meaning. 'You'd have to get through at least a dozen of us to escape... and would you leave your "mistress" and the kitty behind?' ending with a raised eyebrow.

'Yeah, you can quit doing that now.' she called out to Arn. 'Is it possible you could like find a chair and a magazine for while she's waiting?'

'Now, where it it... ah.' continuing to fiddle with her phone. Using the camera-view of the hall outside Vera's apartment, Nicole got it to the point where they'd wheeled out the crates of the apartment, paused it and looked to the ghoul.

'In the last episode, we'd crated you three up and had got told by our spy that the Union were on their way. The elevator was out, so they're using the stairs. Watch...' unpausing the video and showing it to the ghoul; she'd see the MiB's bust through the stairwell door, then half go to the apartment door while the others stared at the elevator. Naturally, the ghoul would recognise Nicole's distinctive form as the one wheeling the dolly.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

Serge would find that firstly, the door was ajar; the television was on and showing some old man clambering over huge mounds of trash [the show Hoarders, if Serge had seen it]. Her apartment looked pretty much the same as ever, thought he'll notice her "weapon box" had been pulled open and there was a small pile of clothing in the middle of the room [topped off by the t-shirt she'd worn earlier]. In the crowded, cluttered kitchen area he'll find the oven on; if he pulls it open he'll see a pasta bake or something similar inside. No smoke or fire, though.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 pm

[Basement]

'We guessed.'

Alexis grinned a little at that.

'Just to stop you wandering around, like.' Nicole quipped on seeing the ghoul's reaction and correctly assuming the meaning. 'You'd have to get through at least a dozen of us to escape... and would you leave your "mistress" and the kitty behind?' ending with a raised eyebrow.

"No I would not leave them behind."
The ghoul said and she looked down at her wrist.
"Well this is far better than what it could have been, I hate having my hands bound behind me."
She muttered more to herself than to you.

'Yeah, you can quit doing that now.' she called out to Arn. 'Is it possible you could like find a chair and a magazine for while she's waiting?'

"Thank goodness."
Arn said and he put the safety back on his gun and pocketed it.
"Ok...you want me to stay here and watch her ma'am? I will just go and get something to read then, I will be back in a minute or two, better grab something for her as well."
The Solificato said and he looked a bit uncertain.

'Now, where it it... ah.' continuing to fiddle with her phone. Using the camera-view of the hall outside Vera's apartment, Nicole got it to the point where they'd wheeled out the crates of the apartment, paused it and looked to the ghoul.

'In the last episode, we'd crated you three up and had got told by our spy that the Union were on their way. The elevator was out, so they're using the stairs. Watch...' unpausing the video and showing it to the ghoul; she'd see the MiB's bust through the stairwell door, then half go to the apartment door while the others stared at the elevator. Naturally, the ghoul would recognise Nicole's distinctive form as the one wheeling the dolly.

"I am so glad I did not wake up inside that crate..."
Alexis muttered and it seamed like she thought waking up to an explosion sending a bit of wall through her shoulder was preferable.
"Well those are some spiffy dressers...they are these Union folks you spoke about? It really seam me and Vera need to find another place to live, everyone seam to know of our apartment."
The ghoul said and she studied the video with a frown on her face.
"How did they find us...or for that matter how did you guys find us?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'No, the chair and magazine is for her. There's already guards in the hall, right?' giving a look which made it clear Arn's correct reply was to be "yes, there are guards".

Anja's Post:

'Yep, that's the Union. And they're really wanting to see you and Vera, ain't they?' Nicole replied with a little smirk. 'We already had a few leads, and we think the Union already had details in their records; they know a lot more than they act on, they do.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:27 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:You got to Nicole's room, a few of the residents of the Chantry where rushing here and there, probably on orders from Jeffry, now one talked to you along the way though.
Nicole wrote:Serge would find that firstly, the door was ajar; the television was on and showing some old man clambering over huge mounds of trash [the show Hoarders, if Serge had seen it]. Her apartment looked pretty much the same as ever, thought he'll notice her "weapon box" had been pulled open and there was a small pile of clothing in the middle of the room [topped off by the t-shirt she'd worn earlier]. In the crowded, cluttered kitchen area he'll find the oven on; if he pulls it open he'll see a pasta bake or something similar inside. No smoke or fire, though.

Serge entered, quickly located the stove and turned it off. Afterwards he looked around at the various bits and bobs scattered around the etherite room. He had always enjoyed visiting his cabalamate's chaotic apartment and seeing what sorts of new things would appear within it. He glanced at the tv screen and smiled. "How fitting." he said amusingly to himself.

Once he had finished looking around he went to his own room, wanting to be rid of his disguise and bloody clothing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That would probably be acceptable yes. I can not promise anything on my Mistress' behalf after all I am just a ghoul but I think she will agree to it."
Alexis said and nodded.
"Depending off course on the actual terms of the arrangements."
Colin nodded, "I will see what I can fish around for."

Anja wrote:"Well...ehm...shit, time to talk Vera into leaving Boston."
The ghoul said and she paled considerably.
"That is not good."
He shrugged, "Then again, being aware of their attempt makes Boston a little safer, since we'll all have a better shot at fending them off. Trying to flee through the enemy lines, on the other hand..."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes he might be persuaded indeed, but yes getting that address quickly is a priority, so you should probably do and take care of that Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied and nodded.
"We need to get Mr Milliner before the Union do."
He nodded, "And we'll need a good line on the information we got from Dahl in the other timeline... Hopefully, Lady Crexia will be able to extricate that from his ghost on her arrival."

S7trif3 wrote:"Of course," he said with a nod. He looked irate or frustrated at the situation, having not been able to get anything much from their new prisoner but insults. He stood quietly nearby as Colin addressed the bird, keeping an eye on things and listening to what was going on.
He nodded, pondering the little blocks of text.

Anja wrote:The bird looked at you for a moment.
"Yes to some degree Death and the Tower, which Ten of Swords are linked are similar only that Death desonates a change, the end of one thing and the start of another, it do not have to be a painful end, it is just an end. Ruin is destruction, it is painful and brutal, and it might lead to new growth, usually there are a cycle to things, but in an of itself it is well...ruin, pain and simply."
She said then she sigh and looked down.
"I protect my Master's ideals because when I got this form, when I became his familliar I am no longer pure spirit, no longer just a purpose I am also incarnate and I care about him, even if his ideals might ultimatly be against my purpose."
He pondered for a moment, "Your Master's plan is close to being shattered anyway - his plague will be cured and erased shortly. But you know, we're working on really ruining the afterlife of a certain Wallace Jace... I don't suppose you could be convinced to help us with that? Let us know what you know about how to enter his laboratory, that sort of thing...?"

((OOC: Did Colin hear Mundi? Assuming if he did, he didn't understand the Enochian, but that's a different issue anyway... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:09 am

[Common room]

Mundi looked at the parrot sigh deeply and put his large head against your leg, his big brown eyes begging petting, then you heard a deep, warm voice speak in Enochian, it was not quite telepathy since it came from the spiritual plane but it was also not quite physical.
"Once we become part of an animal...or other incarnated thing, we become less spirit, separating Ruin from her physical form would return her to the form she had before and the task, but doing so might kill the body she now inhabit. If it was me, it would be one thing this body was dead, his soul had left before I inhabited it, but I do not know if a Nephandus would take such care to make sure a body for his familiar where no longer in use."
The voice was warm and friendly, it sounded like the voice of a very old man speaking to a favored grandson as Mundi wagged his tail happily.

He couldn't recall Mundi ever choosing to address him in that way - and really, to him it was impolite to expect another's familiar to do so unless they wished to communicate with him or the was some need. Otherwise, he would speak to them in Enochian, and so far he'd gotten the messages from Mundi via body language or his dog-replies and that was satisfactory. It was a pleasant sounding voice though and he gave him a pat on the head as he explained his point of view on what the issue was. He nodded and replied in Enochian to Mundi, frowning, "I better understand the problem now but not the best solution, however that may be something we can find out. Thank you."

// pokes tentatively at the forums to see if they're working

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:10 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "I will see what I can fish around for."

"Thank you."
The ghoul said with a sigh.

He shrugged, "Then again, being aware of their attempt makes Boston a little safer, since we'll all have a better shot at fending them off. Trying to flee through the enemy lines, on the other hand..."

"Yeah you may be right about that."
Alexis said.
"But it is not safe to be a young low generation vampire during a Sabbat siege either."
She said clearly worried about Vera's safety.

'No, the chair and magazine is for her. There's already guards in the hall, right?' giving a look which made it clear Arn's correct reply was to be "yes, there are guards".

"yeah...yeah...there are guards in the hallway."
Arn replied quickly.
"Please...leave the door open....do not leave me here alone while Vera sleep, she sleeps so deeply so it is the same as being alone do not leave me locked up alone!"
Alexis exclaimed hurriedly but then she realized she had an outburst and looked down.
"Ehm sorry...I ehm...sorry..."

Yep, that's the Union. And they're really wanting to see you and Vera, ain't they?' Nicole replied with a little smirk. 'We already had a few leads, and we think the Union already had details in their records; they know a lot more than they act on, they do.'

"Well that is disturbing, but it makes me wonder why you are showing me this, why do you care if I know these guys are after me and Vera?"
Alexis asked sounding suspicious.

[Serge's Room]

Once he had finished looking around he went to his own room, wanting to be rid of his disguise and bloody clothing.

You got to your eoom, aome various items had fallen of tables and the kitchen counter when the Chantry was shook when Mr Dahl exploded other than that everything was as you had left it.

[Common Room]

He nodded, "And we'll need a good line on the information we got from Dahl in the other timeline... Hopefully, Lady Crexia will be able to extricate that from his ghost on her arrival."

"Yes I will ask her to go to Master Sharaya's apartment and help out with that as soon as I have caught the good lady up on the general situation."
Jeffry agreed.

He pondered for a moment, "Your Master's plan is close to being shattered anyway - his plague will be cured and erased shortly. But you know, we're working on really ruining the afterlife of a certain Wallace Jace... I don't suppose you could be convinced to help us with that? Let us know what you know about how to enter his laboratory, that sort of thing...?"

"Well ruining someone's afterlife do sound tempting. I will not speak about my Master but I can tell you what little I know about Wallace Jace."
The parrot said after giving it some thought.
"I have only seen him twice though, once before he died and once after, but I am not so sure it will be easy to get into his laboretory, he would draw spinal fluid from his own back and use that as the key, he said that if someone tried to get in without that key the lab was set to self destruct. My Master asked if that was not vulnerable, that someone could just knock Jace out and slice his spine open, but Jace claimed that the key would only work if used with spinal fluid taken from himself, while awake without any pain relief or drugs in his system or any magickal residues, so breaking in there will not be easy."
The bird declared.
"He have a few vials of his spinal fluid to get in now but are running out he is desperately searching for a clone or something he said he created so he can harvest it for spinal fluid not to be locked out of his own lab by his own paranoid lock."

He couldn't recall Mundi ever choosing to address him in that way - and really, to him it was impolite to expect another's familiar to do so unless they wished to communicate with him or the was some need. Otherwise, he would speak to them in Enochian, and so far he'd gotten the messages from Mundi via body language or his dog-replies and that was satisfactory. It was a pleasant sounding voice though and he gave him a pat on the head as he explained his point of view on what the issue was. He nodded and replied in Enochian to Mundi, frowning, "I better understand the problem now but not the best solution, however that may be something we can find out. Thank you."

"A spirit bound in flesh is not just spirit anymore, we get to experience being incarnate for a little part of the now."
Mundi said in his warm, grandfatherly voice. Colin would hear him as well but not understand his words. Mundi wagged his tail to Adley again and then he looked at the kaka bird when Colin tempted it to ruin someone's afterlife and that got it talking, at least some.

(OOC: You have to poke it harder than that to get it working Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 am

[Nicole's Apartment]

Serge's Post:

It was rather hard to tell, but Serge thought the explosion might have caused one of the shelving units to partly shed it's load. A few "keystone" items he recognised from before seemed to continue their adventures around the apartment; if the old's guy's hoard on the TV was a stagnant lake, Nicole's was more akin to a tidal, flowing sea. Interesting items of the day included a small stack of dog-eared Star Trek graphics, a cardboard box containing a dozen white packets, a couple of cartons of cigarettes, a broken "thing" which he might recognise as a hand-gripper and a beige object which looked like an electronic typewriter or something but was missing about half the correct keys.

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

'I'll see what I can do. But promise nothing.'

Anja's Post:

'So you don't just take our word for it?' Nicole replied, sounding a little puzzled. Thought within; 'are others so fucking gullible or am I just really distrustful?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:08 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yeah you may be right about that."
Alexis said.
"But it is not safe to be a young low generation vampire during a Sabbat siege either."
She said clearly worried about Vera's safety.
Colin sighed, "There are many things that make the city an unsafe place to be for many people... A couple of months ago, the world was almost unmade. We managed to prevent that, but it was very close to Logan International getting essentially nuked from thw shadows... with the collateral damage to the city that would have caused. The best advice I can give, really, is to make sure, as far as possible, that you have allies and defenses in place should someone try something..."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes I will ask her to go to Master Sharaya's apartment and help out with that as soon as I have caught the good lady up on the general situation."
Jeffry agreed.
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"Well ruining someone's afterlife do sound tempting. I will not speak about my Master but I can tell you what little I know about Wallace Jace."
The parrot said after giving it some thought.
"I have only seen him twice though, once before he died and once after, but I am not so sure it will be easy to get into his laboretory, he would draw spinal fluid from his own back and use that as the key, he said that if someone tried to get in without that key the lab was set to self destruct. My Master asked if that was not vulnerable, that someone could just knock Jace out and slice his spine open, but Jace claimed that the key would only work if used with spinal fluid taken from himself, while awake without any pain relief or drugs in his system or any magickal residues, so breaking in there will not be easy."
The bird declared.
"He have a few vials of his spinal fluid to get in now but are running out he is desperately searching for a clone or something he said he created so he can harvest it for spinal fluid not to be locked out of his own lab by his own paranoid lock."
He nodded, then looked up at Darrian with an apologetic expression, "I was afraid of that... that means we have run out of options in that regard... I'll inform the Chief, if that's acceptable..."

S7trif3 wrote:He couldn't recall Mundi ever choosing to address him in that way - and really, to him it was impolite to expect another's familiar to do so unless they wished to communicate with him or the was some need. Otherwise, he would speak to them in Enochian, and so far he'd gotten the messages from Mundi via body language or his dog-replies and that was satisfactory. It was a pleasant sounding voice though and he gave him a pat on the head as he explained his point of view on what the issue was. He nodded and replied in Enochian to Mundi, frowning, "I better understand the problem now but not the best solution, however that may be something we can find out. Thank you."
Anja wrote:"A spirit bound in flesh is not just spirit anymore, we get to experience being incarnate for a little part of the now."
Mundi said in his warm, grandfatherly voice. Colin would hear him as well but not understand his words. Mundi wagged his tail to Adley again and then he looked at the kaka bird when Colin tempted it to ruin someone's afterlife and that got it talking, at least some.
He gave Mundi a wry grin, "So you do speak, after all, just like my future daughter-in-law said... Hum... Pity I don't understand Enochian, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:30 am

[Basement]

Colin sighed, "There are many things that make the city an unsafe place to be for many people... A couple of months ago, the world was almost unmade. We managed to prevent that, but it was very close to Logan International getting essentially nuked from thw shadows... with the collateral damage to the city that would have caused. The best advice I can give, really, is to make sure, as far as possible, that you have allies and defenses in place should someone try something..."

Alexis just looked at you for a moment and blinked.
"Well damn."
She muttered.
"I assume it is mage stuff that almost made the airport blow up since I have heard nothing about it...well we are going to have to leave anyway Colin, if Mr Milliner have done what you say his childe will hardly be safe when that comes out and that is without the danger of a siege, we have enough money stashed away so I can get her and the cat safely out of Boston."

I'll see what I can do. But promise nothing.'

Alexis nodded she looked rather embarashed though at letting a weakness show.
"Ehm...would it not be wise if I stayed here with her, just in case she manage to get loose and then try to free the vampire?"
Arn asked and she scratched his head clearly making his suggestion more to be nice to Alexis without forcing the ghoul to ask again not to be alone, than any real fear for security.

So you don't just take our word for it?' Nicole replied, sounding a little puzzled. Thought within; 'are others so fucking gullible or am I just really distrustful?'

"Well...yes I did actually, but when you put it that way I guess proof is useful...even more reason not to go back to that apartment, to bad FruFru really liked the veranda enclosure we built for her."
The prisoner said with a sigh as she watched the video playing on your phone.

[Common Room]

He nodded, then looked up at Darrian with an apologetic expression, "I was afraid of that... that means we have run out of options in that regard... I'll inform the Chief, if that's acceptable..."

"We...can't do this Mr Wainwright, not without using anything to ease her pain, Cava is just a child!"
Darrian said and he shook his head.
"We just can not do this."

He gave Mundi a wry grin, "So you do speak, after all, just like my future daughter-in-law said... Hum... Pity I don't understand Enochian, though..."

Mundi looked worried about Cava as well, but he pressed his large head against Colin's leg to get petted, he did not speak further though he just looked worried and sad.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:36 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:Alexis just looked at you for a moment and blinked.
"Well damn."
She muttered.
"I assume it is mage stuff that almost made the airport blow up since I have heard nothing about it...well we are going to have to leave anyway Colin, if Mr Milliner have done what you say his childe will hardly be safe when that comes out and that is without the danger of a siege, we have enough money stashed away so I can get her and the cat safely out of Boston."
Colin nodded, "It was indeed a magical bomb, in the shadow of the airport. And I'm not convinced Mr. Milliner was actually conspiring with the Sabbat; it's.. a tangled web, but I think Dahl was working with Mr. Milliner and Doctor Jace, and Doctor Jace was working with the Sabbat as well, without necessarily Dahl's or Milliner's knowledge."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"We...can't do this Mr Wainwright, not without using anything to ease her pain, Cava is just a child!"
He shook his head, "I'm afraid we may not have a choice, you heard the bird, Jace is..."
He frowned, "He's running out, but he's not out yet... Son of a bitch..."
He grinned, "We just might make this a lot more frustrating for Jace after all - but I will need a small blood sample, not just to find the laboratory. If we can use the blood sample to locate Jace's spinal fluids, that will cause him no end of grief..."

Anja wrote:Mundi looked worried about Cava as well, but he pressed his large head against Colin's leg to get petted, he did not speak further though he just looked worried and sad.
He smiled and gave Mundi a few scritches behind the ears, "We'll find a way... We always do, somehow, right? We're Magi; we do difficult things every day, and the impossible just takes a little more effort... We might be able to pull this off after all."

He shook his head, "But I must get downstairs and find Mrs. Von Hess and give her this vampire blood to track down our next target, and let Dr. Lee know the Chief is calling for blood donors for our senior Healer... and then I may have to show Lady Crexia up to Narim's room. It never ends, does it?"
He sighed, "I think you can handle this fine bird from here on out... I'll see you later."
He gave Darrian and Adley a quick bow, then headed downstairs again, looking for Mrs. Von Hess.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:09 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "It was indeed a magical bomb, in the shadow of the airport. And I'm not convinced Mr. Milliner was actually conspiring with the Sabbat; it's.. a tangled web, but I think Dahl was working with Mr. Milliner and Doctor Jace, and Doctor Jace was working with the Sabbat as well, without necessarily Dahl's or Milliner's knowledge."

"As convoluted as bullshit usually are, but I was not thinking Vera's father where involved with the Sabbat but rather that if he have done the things you claimed and endangered the Masquerade, he will at best fall out of favor, at worst he might be executed and that might drag Vera down as well."
Alexis said and sigh.

[Common Room]

He shook his head, "I'm afraid we may not have a choice, you heard the bird, Jace is..."
He grinned, "We just might make this a lot more frustrating for Jace after all - but I will need a small blood sample, not just to find the laboratory. If we can use the blood sample to locate Jace's spinal fluids, that will cause him no end of grief..."

Darrian begun to protest but then as you begun to explain your plan he grinned.
"And with that both finding a way for us into his lab, and also denying Jace himself acccsess and with no need to harm Cava in the process...I like that plan."
The Solificato smiled.
"Cava might not like having to get another test taken so soon, but I am sure I can bribe her into accepting it."

He smiled and gave Mundi a few scritches behind the ears, "We'll find a way... We always do, somehow, right? We're Magi; we do difficult things every day, and the impossible just takes a little more effort... We might be able to pull this off after all."

Mundi looked at you and wagged his tail, Darrian also looked allot more hopeful that his apprentice would not get hurt now.

He shook his head, "But I must get downstairs and find Mrs. Von Hess and give her this vampire blood to track down our next target, and let Dr. Lee know the Chief is calling for blood donors for our senior Healer... and then I may have to show Lady Crexia up to Narim's room. It never ends, does it?"

"Please do not let me keep you...well I am healthy I can donate blood I am not sure about my type though and I had tubercolosis as a child, I don't know if that matters."
Darrian offered.
"Dr Lee have my medical info on file but I have usually taken care of issues myself or gone to Master Nassa."

He sighed, "I think you can handle this fine bird from here on out... I'll see you later."

"Will what I say ruin Wallace Jace's afterlife?"
The kaka bird asked hopefully.
"Yes I think we can and thank you for your help Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said and he raised an eyebrow at the bird.

He gave Darrian and Adley a quick bow, then headed downstairs again, looking for Mrs. Von Hess.

You found Julia Von Hess down in the basement, Rosa was using Nicole's high pressure water washer to clean the floor and Julia was mopping up, all the rooms down there now ahd walls again. Julia curtsy when she saw you.
"Mr Wainwright, may I help you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"As convoluted as bullshit usually are, but I was not thinking Vera's father where involved with the Sabbat but rather that if he have done the things you claimed and endangered the Masquerade, he will at best fall out of favor, at worst he might be executed and that might drag Vera down as well."
Alexis said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "For what he's participated in, execution is going to happen, most likely at our hands... but if that is the case, Vera is more likely to not be caught in the fallout when we return Mr. Milliner's ashes to the Prince with the justification for what we did, and the explanation that he went rogue. If there are bigger fish to fry before the dust settles, laying low for a few nights could well be all it takes."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:Darrian begun to protest but then as you begun to explain your plan he grinned.
"And with that both finding a way for us into his lab, and also denying Jace himself acccsess and with no need to harm Cava in the process...I like that plan."
The Solificato smiled.
"Cava might not like having to get another test taken so soon, but I am sure I can bribe her into accepting it."
He nodded, "Whether or not teleporting them will count as tampering is another matter - but it might be enough to locate and manually retrieve them instead."

Anja wrote:"Please do not let me keep you...well I am healthy I can donate blood I am not sure about my type though and I had tubercolosis as a child, I don't know if that matters."
Darrian offered.
"Dr Lee have my medical info on file but I have usually taken care of issues myself or gone to Master Nassa."
He shrugged, "I don't know if old antibodies are a problem - present illness is, but I don't think having had a disease more than half a year ago is an issue."

Anja wrote:"Will what I say ruin Wallace Jace's afterlife?"
The kaka bird asked hopefully.
"Yes I think we can and thank you for your help Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said and he raised an eyebrow at the bird.
He grinned and gave the kaka bird and carefully petted the bird on the head, "He's going to be completely miserable."

Anja wrote:You found Julia Von Hess down in the basement, Rosa was using Nicole's high pressure water washer to clean the floor and Julia was mopping up, all the rooms down there now ahd walls again. Julia curtsy when she saw you.
"Mr Wainwright, may I help you."
He bowed in return, "Ma'am, we need your help again."
He handed her the syringe, "Be careful with this, it's vampire blood - the, hm, donor is in our custody, but her biological father and her vampiric sire are the same man, and we need to locate him quickly. Can you do this?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:10 pm

[Basement]

Anja's Post:

A short silence before replying. 'Can if you wish. That is, if you've not got any other duties pressing. But there's a good chance we'll need all hands on deck at dusk... which is...' looking at her phone for a moment '-16:18. So the danger time is after 17:30.'

Anja's Post:

'Chances are, once all this shit is done, the apartment will actually be safe. We generally only put the hammer to vampire hands when they're dipped in our pie, and the Union generally doesn't give a fuck. Exhibit A being "Detroit".'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "For what he's participated in, execution is going to happen, most likely at our hands... but if that is the case, Vera is more likely to not be caught in the fallout when we return Mr. Milliner's ashes to the Prince with the justification for what we did, and the explanation that he went rogue. If there are bigger fish to fry before the dust settles, laying low for a few nights could well be all it takes."

"That is not how vampire society works man, the thing is that while Vera is presented before the Prince and so a full member of the Camarilla, she will be very vulnerable if her Sire is found guilty of some wrong doing, the child of a witch is a child themselves thing...ehm...sorry but you get what I mean I assume."
Alexis commented and she seamed a bit concerned.
"So yeah kill Milliner...I am not going to shed any tears for the man, I just hope he will not drag my Mistress with him when he go down."

A short silence before replying. 'Can if you wish. That is, if you've not got any other duties pressing. But there's a good chance we'll need all hands on deck at dusk... which is...' looking at her phone for a moment '-16:18. So the danger time is after 17:30.'

"I do not have any other duties right now ma'am, and I will do my part when I am called to do so off course, but I can stay for a while at least."
Arn said and Alexis gave him a worried frown.

'Chances are, once all this shit is done, the apartment will actually be safe. We generally only put the hammer to vampire hands when they're dipped in our pie, and the Union generally doesn't give a fuck. Exhibit A being "Detroit".'

"You may be right, but you know I will still feel allot safer being somewhere kidnappers had not been competing to get us."
The ghoul said wryly.
"And I am pretty sure Vera will agree to that, it might be safe enough to go back and get our stuff at least."

[Common Room]

He nodded, "Whether or not teleporting them will count as tampering is another matter - but it might be enough to locate and manually retrieve them instead."

"Might be best to retrieve them by mundane means yes if that is possible."
Darrian agreed and nodded.
"But at least we should get them, better for Cava and frustrating for our foe."

He shrugged, "I don't know if old antibodies are a problem - present illness is, but I don't think having had a disease more than half a year ago is an issue."

"Oh this is many decades ago, I was just a boy when I was sick...come to think of it have have not had as much as a cold since I started studying what you would call Life, I have had Paradox issues but not been sick."
Darrian said.
"I will discuss it with Dr Lee."

He grinned and gave the kaka bird and carefully petted the bird on the head, "He's going to be completely miserable."

Ruin first gave you a suspicious glare but then she settled down and seamed to enjoy the petting.
"Good...good I do like making people miserable."

He bowed in return, "Ma'am, we need your help again."
He handed her the syringe, "Be careful with this, it's vampire blood - the, hm, donor is in our custody, but her biological father and her vampiric sire are the same man, and we need to locate him quickly. Can you do this?"

"I suspect I can Sir, and not to worry vampire blood pose less of a risk to a psychic than to an Awakened mage."
Mrs Von Hess said, she rummaged through her pockets and found several small, hand sewn cloth bags, she selected a orange one and from it produced a vial with a point at the bottom, set in copper with a copper chain hooked to the cork stopper on it and at the end of the chain was a small rock crystal ball. Carefully she took the syringe and put some drops of the the blood into the pendulum then she took her phone, brought up a map of the city and started dowsing on coordinates.
"I get several hits, the weaker hits might be the prisoner's siblings do you want those as well Sir?"
Julia asked.
"Though the main hit is here 600 Atlantic Avenue, that is the Federal Reserve building so the person you are looking for are in some part of that building."
She said before showing you on the map and pointing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is not how vampire society works man, the thing is that while Vera is presented before the Prince and so a full member of the Camarilla, she will be very vulnerable if her Sire is found guilty of some wrong doing, the child of a witch is a child themselves thing...ehm...sorry but you get what I mean I assume."
Alexis commented and she seamed a bit concerned.
"So yeah kill Milliner...I am not going to shed any tears for the man, I just hope he will not drag my Mistress with him when he go down."
Colin frowned, then nodded, "I understand. We shall have to be very careful in presenting the matter to the Prince, then. After all, he would not wish to be perceived as weak, but he is a man of quite the particular honour code."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Might be best to retrieve them by mundane means yes if that is possible."
Darrian agreed and nodded.
"But at least we should get them, better for Cava and frustrating for our foe."
He nodded, "At least finding the stuff should be easier."

Anja wrote:"Oh this is many decades ago, I was just a boy when I was sick...come to think of it have have not had as much as a cold since I started studying what you would call Life, I have had Paradox issues but not been sick."
Darrian said.
"I will discuss it with Dr Lee."
He nodded, "Since I picked up a bit of Jhor a couple months ago, I've been... slightly less of an easy stick, myself, but I can still donate if needs be."

Anja wrote:Ruin first gave you a suspicious glare but then she settled down and seamed to enjoy the petting.
"Good...good I do like making people miserable."
He grinned, "You know, I might be allowed to hire you to help me out making a few other people quite miserable, too - thwart a few plans, that sort of thing... Few things as frustrating to schemer as seeing their plots fail miserably."

Anja wrote:"I suspect I can Sir, and not to worry vampire blood pose less of a risk to a psychic than to an Awakened mage."
Mrs Von Hess said, she rummaged through her pockets and found several small, hand sewn cloth bags, she selected a orange one and from it produced a vial with a point at the bottom, set in copper with a copper chain hooked to the cork stopper on it and at the end of the chain was a small rock crystal ball. Carefully she took the syringe and put some drops of the the blood into the pendulum then she took her phone, brought up a map of the city and started dowsing on coordinates.
"I get several hits, the weaker hits might be the prisoner's siblings do you want those as well Sir?"
Julia asked.
"Though the main hit is here 600 Atlantic Avenue, that is the Federal Reserve building so the person you are looking for are in some part of that building."
She said before showing you on the map and pointing.
He smiled thinly, "The... siblings are not a major concern for now, but the Federal Reserve building... that's a tricky one."
He frowned, "Is that a Union Construct, perhaps? Bugger..."

((OOC: Okay, I'm off - movie night with shnookums. Time to watch a yellow fuzzball investigate. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:53 pm

[Serge's Room]

Anja wrote:You got to your eoom, aome various items had fallen of tables and the kitchen counter when the Chantry was shook when Mr Dahl exploded other than that everything was as you had left it.

"What the fuck man..." Serge said grumpily as his messy room was made all the messier. Making a mental note to organize the misplaced items later, Serge changed his clothing. Replacing his bloody pants with another pair that was exactly the same and his shirt with one that had a picture of Link from the legend of Zelda on it.

As he changed his pants he noticed that he still had the ankle holster and gun on. Thinking about it for a bit, he decided to leave it on because he liked the look of it even if he was slowly losing the knowledge on how to use it.

Once he was done changing he went back down to the basement to see if there was anything left to do down there.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:12 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned, then nodded, "I understand. We shall have to be very careful in presenting the matter to the Prince, then. After all, he would not wish to be perceived as weak, but he is a man of quite the particular honour code."

"I would appreciate it, though I am not sure how you can present it in a way which will not also harm my Mistress, if the Milliner household go down, she will be alone against the city and the rest of the Clan, very few survive that."
Alexis said with a sigh.

[Common Room]

He nodded, "At least finding the stuff should be easier."

"Let us hope we can retrieve it as well."
Darrian said with a sigh.

He nodded, "Since I picked up a bit of Jhor a couple months ago, I've been... slightly less of an easy stick, myself, but I can still donate if needs be."

"Jhor is never a nice thing to develop. I think I should be fine for finding veins the few times I have gone to a doctor as an adult they have never had much trouble."
The alchemist said and he glanced down at his arms for a moment and shrugged.
"Dr Lee knows what he is doing anyway."

He grinned, "You know, I might be allowed to hire you to help me out making a few other people quite miserable, too - thwart a few plans, that sort of thing... Few things as frustrating to schemer as seeing their plots fail miserably."

"Hum...color me interested mage."
The kaka bird said and she looked up at you.
"What did you have in mind?"

[Basement Again]

He smiled thinly, "The... siblings are not a major concern for now, but the Federal Reserve building... that's a tricky one."
He frowned, "Is that a Union Construct, perhaps? Bugger..."

"It would be unusual for a vampire to live in the middle of a Construct, but yes it will not be an easy location to get though."
Julia said and she sigh.
"I can do the dowsing again Sir just to be sure?"
She offered.

Once he was done changing he went back down to the basement to see if there was anything left to do.

You got back to the basement where you found Julia Von Hess talking with Colin. The walls where up again now but clean up was still being done.

(OOC: Enjoy, it is a very cute movie.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:21 pm

[Basement Again]

Anja wrote:You got back to the basement where you found Julia Von Hess talking with Colin. The walls where up again now but clean up was still being done.

Serge glanced down at his shirt bearing the picture of a reincarnating hero and then at Colin, remembering a message that he had needed to relay to his cabal leader. However he decided that there was more pressing concerns on the Orphans mind right now.

He helped out however he could with the cleaning, all the while looking around to see if the power washer was being used.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 pm

[Common Room]

"Well ruining someone's afterlife do sound tempting. I will not speak about my Master but I can tell you what little I know about Wallace Jace." The parrot said after giving it some thought. "I have only seen him twice though, once before he died and once after, but I am not so sure it will be easy to get into his laboretory, he would draw spinal fluid from his own back and use that as the key, he said that if someone tried to get in without that key the lab was set to self destruct. My Master asked if that was not vulnerable, that someone could just knock Jace out and slice his spine open, but Jace claimed that the key would only work if used with spinal fluid taken from himself, while awake without any pain relief or drugs in his system or any magickal residues, so breaking in there will not be easy." The bird declared. "He have a few vials of his spinal fluid to get in now but are running out he is desperately searching for a clone or something he said he created so he can harvest it for spinal fluid not to be locked out of his own lab by his own paranoid lock."
"We...can't do this Mr Wainwright, not without using anything to ease her pain, Cava is just a child!"

"Perhaps it is best to discuss the implications of...that in a short while.." he suggested, not wishing to stop the bird from talking about, well something, now that it finally had started. Though of course he was worried about Cava, perhaps there was some other way around it they hadn't yet thought of...

The Solificato smiled.

And there it was, an idea at least. "That might work," he agreed with a hopeful nod.

"A spirit bound in flesh is not just spirit anymore, we get to experience being incarnate for a little part of the now." Mundi said in his warm, grandfatherly voice. Colin would hear him as well but not understand his words. Mundi wagged his tail to Adley again and then he looked at the kaka bird when Colin tempted it to ruin someone's afterlife and that got it talking, at least some.

"I see," he said with a nod to Mundi. Then he said to Colin, "Ah, pardon I can translate. In short, he reminds us that due to being incarnate in a body, spirits that are familiars gets to experience things like emotions and attachments and do not act as pure spirits might, due to those things."

"Thank you for your assistance," he said with a return nod to Colin, watching in amazement as he gave the bird a pat on the head as it asked if it was ruining Jace's afterlife and then offered her a temp job. He blinked in surprise; spirits like that one were undoubtedly dangerous to deal with, and he raised an eyebrow at Colin's audacity. Then he was left with the bird again, and Darrian and he sighed a moment, as his headache settled itself into layers again. He looked over to his pater to see if he was done with the immediate stuff so he could talk to him about the parrot.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 30  Next