Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 16 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:54 am

[Suburu to Steelhaven]

"Of course, though I'm already worried about that. Someone got blown out the window already."

"I am worried about that as well however that is no reason to make it worse and give the neigbors more chances to see what they should not."
Henrietta said but she frowned deeply.

"Everyone I care about is in there as well and it has nothing to do whether you are a hedge worker or not, you have a right to decide. I have already decided my approach unless we get new intel. Park the car nearby and evade the whole mess of the garage and get in as quick as we can."

"Agreed, that works for me."
The Hollower replied and she gave Steelhaven a worried look.
"I hope everyone in there are okey."

He nodded. "Your spirit friends can grab a ride on us as we go."

"Sounds good I am sure the foxes will agree and it is not like they will add any physical weight."
The hedge wizard agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 16 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:27 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Sir."
Shawn replied.
"What is happening out there?"

"3 evil mages and a ton of spirits are messing with my friends on the third floor. It's been an even fight but could turn at any moment. I've been trying to screw with them but their resilient and have protections." Serge said with a sigh. "Doing stuff so far away on people who are expecting it is quite annoying. I've shifted the luck in the room to favor us so hopefully things will start going our way."

Anja wrote:"I...I am so sorry Sir I left it in the car. I thought I could get it later and that it was better to get out of the way and get to the basement as Mr Wainwright said."
The young vampire said apologetically.
"I...could run and get it Sir."
He offered.

"No worries, I'm the one who left it in the car, not you. Don't worry about going to get it. Your safety is more important than my trick that wasn't going to work anyways." he said with a wave of his hand, bending down and beginning to draw something new on a new piece of notepad paper, preparing something new for the room.  

He peered back into the fight, this time focusing in on the spirits. The mages were prepared for his tricks but the spirits might be a little less so. He glanced at the two spirits animals, the dog and the cat, attacking his cabal leader to see how the two were doing after the attacks that struck them.

(OOC: These are manifested spirits right? Much like the dogs in the apartment?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:55 am

[Steelhaven]
Anja wrote:You managed to avoid the bite, the claws caught you in the arm and you felt cold something not quite physical slicing through the skin, but it was not deep, it stung but not to badly, nothing a bit of disinfectant could not fix. The two spirit beasts where getting ready to attack again though several of the others including Anna was aiming attacks at them.
Colin sneered at the Nephandus, "You bastards have cost me so many suits..."
Dropping the pistol and dagger for the bullet, he pounced on the summoner, slowly and methodically trying to force the little projectile up the Fallen mage's nostril, ignoring the bullet shield.

((OOC: Dex+Brawl, not trying for physical damage here, just maneuvering one little thing into another little thing, and I know that sounded wrong, but we're already well past dignity anyway. Wink 3,6,8,8. Will that do, or will Colin have to keep pushing? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:52 am

[Steelhaven]

"3 evil mages and a ton of spirits are messing with my friends on the third floor. It's been an even fight but could turn at any moment. I've been trying to screw with them but their resilient and have protections." Serge said with a sigh. "Doing stuff so far away on people who are expecting it is quite annoying. I've shifted the luck in the room to favor us so hopefully things will start going our way."

"It sounds like they are pretty organized Sir. Have anyone on your side been seriously hurt? I hope not."
Shawn said with a frown.

"No worries, I'm the one who left it in the car, not you. Don't worry about going to get it. Your safety is more important than my trick that wasn't going to work anyways." he said with a wave of his hand, bending down and beginning to draw something new on a new piece of notepad paper, preparing something new for the room.

"I...if you are sure Sir, I can run and get it if there is no fighting right where the car is so I should be safe right?"
The boy asked nervously.

He peered back into the fight, this time focusing in on the spirits. The mages were prepared for his tricks but the spirits might be a little less so. He glanced at the two spirits animals, the dog and the cat, attacking his cabal leader to see how the two were doing after the attacks that struck them.

The spirits seamed almost less tangible where they had been struck by the attacks as if they where loosing their physical form little by little each time they where struck.

Colin sneered at the Nephandus, "You bastards have cost me so many suits..."
Dropping the pistol and dagger for the bullet, he pounced on the summoner, slowly and methodically trying to force the little projectile up the Fallen mage's nostril, ignoring the bullet shield.

The problem was that for all your inignified will and effort the shield protecting the Nephandus was like a cheese dome, a hard barriar around him, this would keep him from moving but also prvented you from getting your hands on him. Seeing your efforts though Anna who had just ducked under another spirit's attack begun to move her hands in complex gestures and she stared intently at the summoner or rather something around him. You could see that she was straining, if she managed to create a slip in the man's protective barrier it would last for only a second.

As you struggeled the two spirit animals kept attacking you, the dog tried to bite into your leg again and the cat somehow got onto your shoulder trying to scratch at your face.

(OOC: You can dodge but that means you might miss your chance getting the bullet though the summoner's protections if Anna's spell worked. It would only be a moment if the chance came for the summoner was powerful so getting though his spells and distrupt them would not be easy.)

(OOC 2: Yes they are manifested.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:57 am

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"It sounds like they are pretty organized Sir. Have anyone on your side been seriously hurt? I hope not."
Shawn said with a frown.

"Both sides have been hurt but not too badly." Serge replied grimly.

Anja wrote:"I...if you are sure Sir, I can run and get it if there is no fighting right where the car is so I should be safe right?"
The boy asked nervously.

"Everyone's scattered. An enemy or stray evil spirit could run into the first floor or the garage and see you and think your an enemy. Or the car door might just be locked. It's a bit too risky.Don't worry though, I have other tricks I can rely on." Serge said with a shake of his head.

Anja wrote:The spirits seamed almost less tangible where they had been struck by the attacks as if they where loosing their physical form little by little each time they where struck.
Anja wrote:As you struggeled the two spirit animals kept attacking you, the dog tried to bite into your leg again and the cat somehow got onto your shoulder trying to scratch at your face.

Completely out of the blue, and quite out of place considering the circumstances, Serge began to hum the scooby doo theme song to himself. "♪What's new Scooby doo. We're coming after you. We're gonna solve this mystery...♪."

It was in an effort to reinvigorate himself. To hype him up for his next spell and distract himself from the stress he was feeling. Remembering the trick he had done on the hell hounds in the apartment. He opened the gallery on his phone and scrolled to the same picture of the scooby doo gang he used last time, focusing his magick through the picture once more.

The spirits attacking his cabal leader had an order. And Serge would make sure they followed the order and chased after a Mr. Wainwright like the monsters they were. Only it wouldn't be his Mr. Wainwright they were chasing.

(OOC: Mind 3 + Corr 2 effect. Causing a mental illusion on the two spirit beasts attacking Colin. I want to cause them to see Mr. Wainwright running for his life out of the room and compel them chase after him. Similar to the effect he had done on the hell hounds from the apartment.

Arete Roll (-difficulty due to node): 8, 3, 7, 2 - 7, 1, 10, 8 - 3, 5, 8, 7

Once success will go towards targeting both of them and the rest will go towards the strength of the effect.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:59 am

[Steelhaven]
Anja wrote:The problem was that for all your inignified will and effort the shield
protecting the Nephandus was like a cheese dome, a hard barriar around him, this would keep him from moving but also prvented you from getting your hands on him. Seeing your efforts though Anna who had just ducked under another spirit's attack begun to move her hands in complex gestures and she stared intently at the summoner or rather something around him. You could see that she was straining, if she managed to create a slip in the man's protective barrier it would last for only a second.

As you struggeled the two spirit animals kept attacking you, the dog tried to bite into your leg again and the cat somehow got onto your shoulder trying to scratch at your face.
Colin grunted softly, the spirit beasts were a pain, but now that Anna started working on the shield, too, he couldn't very well let her work go to waste... He pressed on... and something snapped into place - he pressed harder.

((OOC: So, finally using that Forces 2 for a wee bit of pressure amplification. Essentially, boosting the physical push against the barrier should be well within the scope of Forces 2, I think? Razz Arete roll: 6,8,9. No Focus, so that's... two successes at best?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:24 am

[Steelhaven]

"Both sides have been hurt but not too badly." Serge replied grimly.

"That is good, I mean it is terrible some have been hurt but it is good that none have been hurt to badly."
Shawn said but he frowned a little.

"Everyone's scattered. An enemy or stray evil spirit could run into the first floor or the garage and see you and think your an enemy. Or the car door might just be locked. It's a bit too risky.Don't worry though, I have other tricks I can rely on." Serge said with a shake of his head.

"O....ok if you are sure Sir."
The young vampire said. He sounded relieved he did not have to go, even if he wanted to help out.

Completely out of the blue, and quite out of place considering the circumstances, Serge began to hum the scooby doo theme song to himself. "♪What's new Scooby doo. We're coming after you. We're gonna solve this mystery...♪."

It was in an effort to reinvigorate himself. To hype him up for his next spell and distract himself from the stress he was feeling. Remembering the trick he had done on the hell hounds in the apartment. He opened the gallery on his phone and scrolled to the same picture of the scooby doo gang he used last time, focusing his magick through the picture once more.

The spirits attacking his cabal leader had an order. And Serge would make sure they followed the order and chased after a Mr. Wainwright like the monsters they were. Only it wouldn't be his Mr. Wainwright they were chasing.

The shadowy creatures suddenly stopped their attack on Colin, the cat hissed and then both of them ran down the hallway after the illusion you where showing them. The summoner swore but he was to busy keeping Anna from destroying his protective barrier he could not really do much about it right now.

Colin grunted softly, the spirit beasts were a pain, but now that Anna started working on the shield, too, he couldn't very well let her work go to waste... He pressed on... and something snapped into place - he pressed harder.

The spirit dog bit into your leg and the cat scratched at your ace though she did not hit your eyes, then suddenly both of the spirits looked away and then ran after something only they could see down the corridor towards the stairs...The summoner swore softly but he was busy trying to keep Anna from taking down his parriar. You pressed at the bullet and then it felt like you pressed harder and then, for just one second the barriar weakened, you managed to push the bullet up the summoner's nose, the man screamed and fell to his knees and some of the spirits, most of them just left. The huge things that looked like the essence of nightmares made real was still fighting several of the Masters at once, but the shadow animals just left, and the knight with his sword just stood there looking confused.

Anna collapsed to the floor, she had strained so much and she was wounded it was only so much her weak heart could take and she sat on her knees gasping for breath.

Helga reacted quickly when the summoner started screaming and his spell went down she leaped over at him and hit him over the head with her gun rendering him unconcious. The undescrbable spirit that the Chief and the others where fighting was still a threat though and it was keeping the Masters busy and it did not seam to care that it's master had gone down.

((OOC: Forces 2 for the win.))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:45 am

[Steelhaven]
Anja wrote:The spirit dog bit into your leg and the cat scratched at your ace though she did not hit your eyes, then suddenly both of the spirits looked away and then ran after something only they could see down the corridor towards the stairs...The summoner swore softly but he was busy trying to keep Anna from taking down his parriar. You pressed at the bullet and then it felt like you pressed harder and then, for just one second the barriar weakened, you managed to push the bullet up the summoner's nose, the man screamed and fell to his knees and some of the spirits, most of them just left. The huge things that looked like the essence of nightmares made real was still fighting several of the Masters at once, but the shadow animals just left, and the knight with his sword just stood there looking confused.
Colin glared at the knight, "Your Master has fallen. Abandon this battlefield."

Anja wrote:Anna collapsed to the floor, she had strained so much and she was wounded it was only so much her weak heart could take and she sat on her knees gasping for breath.

Helga reacted quickly when the summoner started screaming and his spell went down she leaped over at him and hit him over the head with her gun rendering him unconcious. The undescrbable spirit that the Chief and the others where fighting was still a threat though and it was keeping the Masters busy and it did not seam to care that it's master had gone down.
He quickly fished up his dagger and handgun again, and looked to Anna and Yu Die, "Great work, Sweetie. Yu Die, get Anna to her room, quickly, and help her with her mask!"
Turning to Kira, he pointed his gun at Kallan's body, "Kira, you saw how the summoner reacted to the bullet. Surrender, or your Mentor gets the same treatment."

((OOC: Manipulation+Intimidation: 1,2,5,9,0. Hope I get some circumstantial bonuses to that one, though. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:59 am

[Steelhaven]

Colin glared at the knight, "Your Master has fallen. Abandon this battlefield."

The knight looked at you for a moment then he seamed to consider your words to be reasonable so he put his sword back in it's sheath and just walked out into the Umbra saying nothing and not really caring how the battle went from here.

He quickly fished up his dagger and handgun again, and looked to Anna and Yu Die, "Great work, Sweetie. Yu Die, get Anna to her room, quickly, and help her with her mask!"

Yu Die nodded she helped Anna to her feet, the Orphan was in a bad state bearly able to start but she let the other girl lead her away towards her room. Kyle herded the other kids into the nearest apartment, Helga's, luck or magick have left the door unlocked. Cava and Jane was crying. At east in the apartment they would be out of the way of the fight with the remaining spirit, they might stay safe in Helga's apartment for a little while at least.

Turning to Kira, he pointed his gun at Kallan's body, "Kira, you saw how the summoner reacted to the bullet. Surrender, or your Mentor gets the same treatment."

The summoner was still on his knees screaming. Kira stepped away from you she was terrified now.
"Please don't hurt him."
She begged.
"I...please don't...please just kill us I have heard what the Traditions do to those like us please I don't want that."
The young Nephanda started crying she dropped her gun through.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:10 pm

[Steelhaven]
Anja wrote:The summoner was still on his knees screaming. Kira stepped away from you she was terrified now.
"Please don't hurt him."
She begged.
"I...please don't...please just kill us I have heard what the Traditions do to those like us please I don't want that."
The young Nephanda started crying she dropped her gun through.
Colin's expression softened as Kira dropped her gun, and he quickly kicked it away from her, "Alright... I won't hurt him. Looks like my daughter already disabled him quite thoroughly as it is. We'll have to restrain you, though... but I can't simply kill you; the best I can do for you is to try to advocate for a milder punishment for you. You and I have another meeting, ten years from now..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:10 pm

[Steelhaven]

"You might not...but the rest of the Traditions will."
Kira sobbed as she looked at her groaning Mentor and then to you. The man looked like he might need medical attention Anna had really done a number on him. Kira kept backing away from you.
"Please just kill me, I doubt you putting in a good word for me will do anyone any good, please I can't loose my Avatar I can't!"

As the girl backed away it was clear that Helga thought it was a good idea to take the opportunity to disable Kira and she stabbed her with a dose of the serum, a little to hard. You heard Kira scream, but you also heard the metal snap against the bone of her arm meaning that while Helga's attack had hurt it had done very little for the serum was injected into the fatty tissue of the girl's arm and she could clearly work magick still for she managed to get away from the Cultist and made a flimsy Primal bolt that she held as she backed towards the window now panicking. She shouted in the Nephandi language, forgetting English in her stress, clearly not sure what Helga had tried to do to her and terrified her words while unintelligible was easy enough to understand though she wanted both you and Helga to back of. You where not sure the bolt she held would be strong enough to do much damage though, panic was not a good condition to work magick in.

(OOC: I rolled for the downed Nephandus to see if he could get back in the fray despite aching balls, and he double botched, I think he needs medical care and that he is staying down for a while, Anna apparently kicks hard. Originally I only gave him four bashing I might have to modify that. Poor Nephandus.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:20 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Going through a window has too many variables. Is it unlocked? Is the opening bit large enough to get through? Is there a nasty on the other side who'll attack as you're stuck halfway through?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'You do what you will. But that one sounds too risky. I'm going to the roof and then downstairs. Chances are by the time you've clambered through the window we'd have already have gone down the stairs.' pulling up to park by the Chantry.

[Thought they'd not reached the Chantry yet, as no way would Nicole simply stand around talking]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:31 pm

[Steelhaven]
Anja wrote:"You might not...but the rest of the Traditions will."
Kira sobbed as she looked at her groaning Mentor and then to you. The man looked like he might need medical attention Anna had really done a number on him. Kira kept backing away from you.
"Please just kill me, I doubt you putting in a good word for me will do anyone any good, please I can't loose my Avatar I can't!"
Colin shook his head, "If I let you die now, that would cause a nasty paradox. You've got many years ahead of you, even if you might not think so..."

Anja wrote:As the girl backed away it was clear that Helga thought it was a good idea to take the opportunity to disable Kira and she stabbed her with a dose of the serum, a little to hard. You heard Kira scream, but you also heard the metal snap against the bone of her arm meaning that while Helga's attack had hurt it had done very little for the serum was injected into the fatty tissue of the girl's arm and she could clearly work magick still for she managed to get away from the Cultist and made a flimsy Primal bolt that she held as she backed towards the window now panicking. She shouted in the Nephandi language, forgetting English in her stress, clearly not sure what Helga had tried to do to her and terrified her words while unintelligible was easy enough to understand though she wanted both you and Helga to back of. You where not sure the bolt she held would be strong enough to do much damage though, panic was not a good condition to work magick in.
He carefully raised his hand, reaching for the Quintessence in Kira's prime bolt, and tried to funnel it into an image of light and sound, to that exact moment in July, 2025, when she sensed her Avatar through Colin's touch...
Palma considered your offer for a while, then she took your offered hand. For some time she was silent then she smiled sadly.
"I can...fell him there..."

Just a few seconds, not enough for the full sentence, but enough for her to see herself ten years older and alive...

((OOC: So, *slightly* complicated F2 work with the drainage rote to power it. Focus for the Prime bit (ring), but not for the Forces part. Arete roll, and one Willpower (Colin's running ragged now): 2,4,9+success. Hopefully, that'll do...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:14 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:The shadowy creatures suddenly stopped their attack on Colin, the cat hissed and then both of them ran down the hallway after the illusion you where showing them. The summoner swore but he was to busy keeping Anna from destroying his protective barrier he could not really do much about it right now.
Anja wrote:The spirit dog bit into your leg and the cat scratched at your ace though she did not hit your eyes, then suddenly both of the spirits looked away and then ran after something only they could see down the corridor towards the stairs...The summoner swore softly but he was busy trying to keep Anna from taking down his parriar. You pressed at the bullet and then it felt like you pressed harder and then, for just one second the barriar weakened, you managed to push the bullet up the summoner's nose, the man screamed and fell to his knees and some of the spirits, most of them just left. The huge things that looked like the essence of nightmares made real was still fighting several of the Masters at once, but the shadow animals just left, and the knight with his sword just stood there looking confused.

Serge breathed a sigh of relief in seeing Colin successfully take down the spirit commander and likely the rest of the. He looked around at the rest of the room to see if there were any more manifested spirits that he could help or if all of them had left after there master was struck down. In particular, he looked at the essence of nightmare indescribable spirit to see if he was similar to the spirit animals and that he could affect it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm

[Boston Outside Steelhaven]

'Going through a window has too many variables. Is it unlocked? Is the opening bit large enough to get through? Is there a nasty on the other side who'll attack as you're stuck halfway through?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'You do what you will. But that one sounds too risky. I'm going to the roof and then downstairs. Chances are by the time you've clambered through the window we'd have already have gone down the stairs.' pulling up to park by the Chantry.

"Yeah the window is big enough to pass through, we had a fire drill a few months before you got here Nicole and the only one who had problems getting though the window and using the fire escape was Deaconess O'Connor, now Mr Roth Hicks is allot smaller than the Deaconess."
Henrietta said.
"But then we have a plan you and me climb to the roof with the spirits and Mr Roth Hicks go through the window."
The Hedge Wizard said. You where on the side of the Chantry now and could park the car.

Colin shook his head, "If I let you die now, that would cause a nasty paradox. You've got many years ahead of you, even if you might not think so..."

"I am not sure how you know this man but even if it is true and I am alive ten years ago, alive as what? A person who have any quality of life or a husk just kept alive by force or fear of death?"
Kira cried as she stepped further backwards.

He carefully raised his hand, reaching for the Quintessence in Kira's prime bolt, and tried to funnel it into an image of light and sound, to that exact moment in July, 2025, when she sensed her Avatar through Colin's touch...
Palma considered your offer for a while, then she took your offered hand. For some time she was silent then she smiled sadly.
"I can...fell him there..."
Just a few seconds, not enough for the full sentence, but enough for her to see herself ten years older and alive...

The magick was incredibly complicated but you managed to create the brief illusion of the primal bolt. Kira looked confused at you, she held her wounded arm now that her primal bolt was gone and backed away.
"What do it matter if I am alive in ten years, am I still me in this future, still a mage? For if not then being alive is worse, much worse, at least in death there would be a release after...please just let me die...please..."
The young Nephanda begged.

Serge breathed a sigh of relief in seeing Colin successfully take down the spirit commander and likely the rest of the. He looked around at the rest of the room to see if there were any more manifested spirits that he could help or if all of them had left after there master was struck down. In particular, he looked at the essence of nightmare indescribable spirit to see if he was similar to the spirit animals and that he could affect it.

There was still the lage spirit that could not be described, a being made out of nightmares and nothingness that was fighting against the Chief, Master Nassa, the Deaconess and several others and they where having their hands full with it, and there was probably a fight going on on the second floor.

(OOC: I said the car had arrived next to Steelhaven a few posts ago.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:03 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:There was still the large spirit that could not be described, a being made out of nightmares and nothingness that was fighting against the Chief, Master Nassa, the Deaconess and several others and they where having their hands full with it, and there was probably a fight going on on the second floor.

Serge figured that 3 Masters were likely enough to handle the monster, especially since the other combatants had left or given up. Not to mention that the spirit was unlike anything he had ever seen and affecting it's mind might have not been as easy as the other spirits.

He quickly shifted his vision to the second floor to see how the fight was going on there and if there was any way he could help out.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:07 pm

[Steelhaven]

'Going through a window has too many variables. Is it unlocked? Is the opening bit large enough to get through? Is there a nasty on the other side who'll attack as you're stuck halfway through?' Nicole replied, giving a frown. 'You do what you will. But that one sounds too risky. I'm going to the roof and then downstairs. Chances are by the time you've clambered through the window we'd have already have gone down the stairs.' pulling up to park by the Chantry
"Yeah the window is big enough to pass through, we had a fire drill a few months before you got here Nicole and the only one who had problems getting though the window and using the fire escape was Deaconess O'Connor, now Mr Roth Hicks is allot smaller than the Deaconess."
Henrietta said.
"But then we have a plan you and me climb to the roof with the spirits and Mr Roth Hicks go through the window."
The Hedge Wizard said. You where on the side of the Chantry now and could park the car.

"Obviously I'm going to look first." As soon as they were parked, he grabbed anything he needed glanced around the outside for intruders or watchers and headed to the fire escape.

// I didn't realize we were there either, I was waiting for Nic to park (facepalm) Adley would not sit there arguing with Nic while lives were on the line

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:27 pm

[Steelhaven]

Serge figured that 3 Masters were likely enough to handle the monster, especially since the other combatants had left or given up. Not to mention that the spirit was unlike anything he had ever seen and affecting it's mind might have not been as easy as the other spirits.

He quickly shifted his vision to the second floor to see how the fight was going on there and if there was any way he could help out.

You tried to scry on the second floor but you did not really get anything, someone seamed to want to avoid someone on the outside helping out for the place appeared shielded against scrying.
"What is going on Sir?"
Shawn asked.

"Obviously I'm going to look first." As soon as they were parked, he grabbed anything he needed glanced around the outside for intruders or watchers and headed to the fire escape.

You got up the fire escape, past the second floor where you saw heavy combat, yu saw Jon close to the window aiming his gun at something that looked like a woman wearing ancient clothes, furthermore you could see two men, both of them tossing Primal bolts at Hildegard and Mr Darehill. You saw Freddy providing cover for Mr Danbrock who was trying to deal with the two men. worse there was a number of spirits one of them, which looked like a shadow with a mass of floating eyes was fighting against the Primus. The fight seamed to cross several apartments and there was quite a bit of destruction on the walls but you saw not bodies, worse you did not see Narim, though he could be fighting in one of the apartments.

If you continue up to the third floor you will see that the crisis was mostly over there but not completely. Several of the Masters was fighting something that had to be a Bane spirit. Two men you ahd not see before was on the floor in some distress and Colin and Helga was facing a wounded, terrified teenaged girl who was backing of towards the window, she did not see you she was busy talking with Colin as he showed her a rather impressive illusion made of primal flames if the Chief ahd not been busy with the Bane spirit he would have approved and Serge would have been gaga over it.

You could not see your brother or the other children though they might be in another room.

(OOC: I have made an hopefuly anti confusion post to the planning thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:49 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

Nicole parked up beside the Chantry; as close as she could get to the rear escape. Got out, pulled off her jacket and shoved it on the driver's seat. Locked up, then ran to the escape ladder. Gave a little glance at what could be seen as she climbed up, though didn't halt. On reaching the top halted and pulled out her phone; fired up the camera, holding it just above the wall, using it as an improvised periscope to check the roof was clear of hostiles before going over...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 pm

[Steelhaven]

Nicole parked up beside the Chantry; as close as she could get to the rear escape. Got out, pulled off her jacket and shoved it on the driver's seat. Locked up, then ran to the escape ladder. Gave a little glance at what could be seen as she climbed up, though didn't halt. On reaching the top halted and pulled out her phone; fired up the camera, holding it just above the wall, using it as an improvised periscope to check the roof was clear of hostiles before going over...

Henrietta followed close behind you up the ladder. You checked the roof with your phone and found it to be empty, no one was up there so it should be safe enough to climb up. The Hollower waited while you waited, once you where both on the roof she whispered.
"Let me change into something more...fluffy and go first I can provide a bit of cover. and besides I will be more for going into close combat when in my bear form and you have some range with your gun."
The Hollower suggested. She waited for a moment for your reply then she tapped her forehead with the bear claw and then fell to her hands and knees, growing, growing fur and claws until a massive black bear stood next to you on the rooftop.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:16 pm

[Steelhaven]
Anja wrote:"I am not sure how you know this man but even if it is true and I am alive ten years ago, alive as what? A person who have any quality of life or a husk just kept alive by force or fear of death?"
Kira cried as she stepped further backwards.
Colin hesitated, just for a moment, "In that future, you have a job and a place in possibly the bravest House in the Order of Hermes; that of their couriers. You'll have access to talismans, a decent job and income, and if you wish to try, you can pursue Linear magic. But Qlippothic magic will be denied you, unless I can convince the courts to show rare mercy... But this time, you didn't manage to kill anyone, it seems, so at least that counts in your favour..."

Anja wrote:The magick was incredibly complicated but you managed to create the brief illusion of the primal bolt. Kira looked confused at you, she held her wounded arm now that her primal bolt was gone and backed away.
"What do it matter if I am alive in ten years, am I still me in this future, still a mage? For if not then being alive is worse, much worse, at least in death there would be a release after...please just let me die...please..."
The young Nephanda begged.
He smiled sadly, "You'll still be you, only without the Black Spiral pulling you along. And between us... your Avatar will not be entirely gone, either; there's always a piece that survives, however small..."
He holstered the gun and pocketed the dagger, extending a hand, "Come, let us tend to the needle in your arm. I know there'll be a Mentor willing to take you in after you're tried... you'll make it, despite all the horror stories you've been told."

((OOC: Good thing Henrietta doesn't rely on telepathy in that form. That would be terrible to bear in mind. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:You tried to scry on the second floor but you did not really get anything, someone seamed to want to avoid someone on the outside helping out for the place appeared shielded against scrying.
"What is going on Sir?"
Shawn asked.

"The fights mostly done on the third floor. Just one monster left and there's plenty of guys to deal with it. I'm trying to see what's happening on the second floor but someone blocking me." Serge said with a frown as he quickly pulled out his phone to see if he could see dots on the second floor using Jon's app.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:36 pm

[Steelhaven]

Colin hesitated, just for a moment, "In that future, you have a job and a place in possibly the bravest House in the Order of Hermes; that of their couriers. You'll have access to talismans, a decent job and income, and if you wish to try, you can pursue Linear magic. But Qlippothic magic will be denied you, unless I can convince the courts to show rare mercy... But this time, you didn't manage to kill anyone, it seems, so at least that counts in your favour..."

"You did not reply to my question."
Kira said bitterly.
"I did not ask if I was of some use to someone or if I had been thrown a talisman or two as a poor substitute I asked if i had any quality of life or if I was live just because i was forced to be or because i was afraid to die? Was I actually alive or did I just exist?"
She wept.
"And do you really think it will give me any chance at all that no one died, do you really think that?"

He smiled sadly, "You'll still be you, only without the Black Spiral pulling you along. And between us... your Avatar will not be entirely gone, either; there's always a piece that survives, however small..."

"I can not live without my magick sure I can exist but not live to live in such a state is even worse."
Kira cried and she backed further away.
"Please just kill me, don't do this to me, please..."

He holstered the gun and pocketed the dagger, extending a hand, "Come, let us tend to the needle in your arm. I know there'll be a Mentor willing to take you in after you're tried... you'll make it, despite all the horror stories you've been told."

"I don't want a Mercere Mentor and I do not want to live in such a state. And it is not just horror stories I have seen people who have gone...through that, and it might not kill them but they are not alive, not really not inside. I don't want that. I just want my magick!"
The girl cried.
"Please it would be easy to just have my death happen as part of combat or at least claim that it have...please..."
Kira was shaking violently as she sobbed she looked down at her arm and muttered bitterly.
"What is the point you will just hurt me more."

[Steelhaven]

"The fights mostly done on the third floor. Just one monster left and there's plenty of guys to deal with it. I'm trying to see what's happening on the second floor but someone blocking me." Serge said with a frown as he quickly pulled out his phone to see if he could see dots on the second floor using Jon's app.

"Well it is good that the good guys are willing on the third floor at least Sir."
Shawn said. You could see that all the dots was gone from the second floor the app was blocked as well.
"What can you do about being blocked on the second floor?"
The boy asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:40 pm

[Chantry Exterior]

Anja's Post:

Once she'd confirmed the coast was clear, Nicole pulled herself over the wall and slid off it onto the ground; a small tearing sound as she did so. The Etherite pocketed her phone with one hand and drew her pistol with the other. 'Fuck... tore my pants.' she muttered, patting her backside down while taking aim at the door. 'Okay, think first job is to clear a way to my apartment, so I can get heavier firepower. Then to clear the floor of hostiles. Shall we direct folk to come here?'

Anja's Post:

'Question: do you do parties?' she quipped on seeing the bear, giving a little grin. Then gave a nod. 'Let's go...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:44 pm

[Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"Well it is good that the good guys are willing on the third floor at least Sir."
Shawn said. You could see that all the dots was gone from the second floor the app was blocked as well.
"What can you do about being blocked on the second floor?"
The boy asked.

"Fuck all is what...." Serge said getting noticeably irritated about the whole thing. Then with a sigh he gave a proper answer, "I'm not able to counter or unmake spell shields and stuff yet. So my only options are too either try and power through it or teleport near the location and see for myself. Both those options aren't really appealing."

Tilting his head back he tried to get a better again to see what was in the second floor, trying to get a feel for what was blocking him from seeing what was happening and see if he could actually break through if he tried hard enough.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next