Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 30 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Adley Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:35 am

[Security Office]

"I did not know yet no."
Jeffry said as he read the message on the tablet.
"That means we have to be much more restrictive with the use of the serum."
He added.
"And try to double our efforts to find out how that bloody doctor on Horizon managed to discover it."

"Yes."

"Likely every Chantry will be a target, and the Enforcer and her cat will be allot safer here than if they remain at Riverside at the moment."
The old war mage replied.

He looked thoughtful. 'Then we need to make time to fetch them and also a reasonable excuse to do so. As well, the other chantries need to be notified.'

// I'll wait for Warp's reply before answering the basement scene

Adley

Back to top Go down

Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39 - Page 30 Empty Re: Danger in the Shadows, Angry Mages and a Rotten Branch IC Thread 39

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 am

[Security Office]

"Yes."

"Hum...I could ask the Primus if he can make a binding circle, he was a Quesitor from before the Order joined the Order when they where one of the few, non...invasive methods to stop a magus from casting spells, he might just remember how to do it still, if so we can restrict use of the serum to traveling and we have a couple of sets of the restricting cuffs.)
Your Mentor said more to himself than to you adding it to his to do list.

He looked thoughtful. 'Then we need to make time to fetch them and also a reasonable excuse to do so. As well, the other chantries need to be notified.'

"Like I said it will not be easy, and we can not oficially inform the other Chantries without strong proof and normally with such supicions we would inform the Tribunal Senior Quesitor and in this case that might not be all that ideal."
The old war mage said darkly.
"But we will find a way mea filius we have to though I am open to suggestions."

(OOC: I might let the thread to to page 31 or 32 I slept badly tonight and do not feel like dealing with the summary right now and tomorrow I will be rather busy but I will get the new IC thread up and running as soon as possible, sorry for the delay.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:46 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Or the Union go into overkill mode.' Nicole replied darkly. 'You know their brass would think of destroying Boston if they felt they were about to lose everything.'

Anja's Post:

'True. But it could be one resident and one Fallen using them as a hostage.' she replied, moving towards the door and knocking loudly on it.

[Or, simply post an empty post, start a new IC thread and 'backfill' when you have time/energy. Can't speak for others, but the summary sheet is mainly useful for when I'm having to look up something later and have forgotten the contents of the IC thread.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:02 pm

[Chantry Fourth Floor]
Anja wrote:"You are probably right Colin, on both counts."
Richard said.
"Well let me know if he needs any of my help and in the meantime I will make that ointment and try to get him some blood."
Colin nodded, "I did get him two units, as I said, but he's going to need a lot more; he's been starved..."

[Basement Colin]
Anja wrote:"Yeah, I have heard your kid can be quite vicious if her friends are in danger."
Marian said with a chuckle.
"And having Mus back would be good, my Tradition helped to take in the refugees from when it was taken over by the Union I am sure we could get some apprentices out of the whole thing as a thank you once it get started up again."
He grinned, "She's a lovely little hellion, but she's our hellion."

Anja wrote:"You can present a long shot to her, I doubt she would want to live if it is nothing more than a vague hope though, I hope she don't, I do not wish that kind of suffering upon her. As for our apprentices, yes perhaps you are right, but before the Fall they would be little more than pawns and be offered no protection in the Labyrinth, so for their safety they must go through it as soon as possible."
Kallan said with a sigh.
He nodded, "I have some... paths to pursue; with luck, we could have a more definitive answer before the transport comes to retrieve you. If not, I'll make sure to visit her on Horizon to let her know how things stand before..."
He cleared his throat, "And perhaps you should review your rules regarding the, hm, property of other members, then, if an unfallen apprentice is so exposed..."

Anja wrote:"I...guess it is a risk of...war..."
The prisoner said sadly and he looked away clearly not liking what he heard.
He nodded, "A risk, yes... but one you are presently best positioned to lessen."

Anja wrote:"Just more threats of pain then, don't worry I am quite scared and I have no doubt the last few days or weeks of my life will be unpleasant."
Kallan said bitterly.
"I expected no less if I was captured."
He smiled wryly, "A fair point - I expect I'd be subject to torture more for entertainment value than for strategic value, myself, in your hands... Obviously, I'm going to have to avoid that."

S7trife wrote:'I will come down to tell you presently. I have a few instructions regarding that from the Chief.' He turned towards the basement stairs and headed that way, not surprised that Colin had already started to try to extract any sort of information he could.
He replied, 'Very good. See you here.'

Anja wrote:"A bit of her would go on, it do however not matter, without an Avatar it is not possible to reach true Entropic Decension so then my life, and the life of my Avatar might as well mean something, there will be no deal Traditionalist, as long as being captured by your side means the death of my soul, that loss have to mean something, it have to be for something, you will get nothing from me, don't waste your breath."
Kallan said with a sigh, he seamed quite determined not to talk though.

Your phone pinged with a message from Freddy which said.
"Colin what is this about the Chantry having been under attack? Why did no one phone me or Fran so we could come back and help, are you okey? What about Anna and my Cabal, are everyone okey. Me and Fran are on our way back now."
He opened his mouth to speak as the phone pinged again, then frowned as he read the message, replying, 'It happened on a bit short notice - a few bites and scrapes on our side, but we suffered zero fatalities. Welcome home, luv. Oh, and the Chief put up new wards, and swapped Uncle Willard out for a bit, just so you're aware.'

((OOC: Colin not only helped try matching one of the junkyard kinfolk with a mentor, if she chose to pursue the path, but he also helped another of them pursue the path of, hm, "priesthood" for the Genius Loci of the junkyard.))

((OOC: Also, no rush with hammering up a new thread. Take the time you need to summarize and open up a new one.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Or the Union go into overkill mode.' Nicole replied darkly. 'You know their brass would think of destroying Boston if they felt they were about to lose everything.'

"The Union have this idea that their faction will save the sleepers so it would not be an easy took for them to decide to use, but yes if they think that Boston is lost, their conservation efforts mean they will sacrifice Boston if need be."
Jon said darkly.
"Let us hope it do not get that far and the Nephandi are all we have to worry about, for they are quite enough."

'True. But it could be one resident and one Fallen using them as a hostage.' she replied, moving towards the door and knocking loudly on it.

"That is true enough."
The Virtual Adept replied. You knocked on the Von Hess' door and soon Mrs Von Hess opened it carefully, she was holding a frying pan in one hand as a weapon and she peaked out, lowering the pan when she saw you and Jon.
"Miss Bouchard Mr ehm...ehm...yes well ehm is it over, did we win?"
The psychic woman asked nervously.
"Is it safe?"

[Chantry Fourth Floor]

Colin nodded, "I did get him two units, as I said, but he's going to need a lot more; he's been starved..."

"I will see what I can get and I guess I can draw some of my own to give him."
Richard replied.
"I will call my contact at work."

[Basement Colin]

He grinned, "She's a lovely little hellion, but she's our hellion."

"Yes Mr Wainwright, oddly enough considering how she started out, that she is."
Marian said with a smile.

He nodded, "I have some... paths to pursue; with luck, we could have a more definitive answer before the transport comes to retrieve you. If not, I'll make sure to visit her on Horizon to let her know how things stand before..."

Kallan nodded at that.
"I hope you can do what you say Traditionalist, I do not know why you would do so for an enemy but I hope you can do so even if I doubt if it is possible."

He cleared his throat, "And perhaps you should review your rules regarding the, hm, property of other members, then, if an unfallen apprentice is so exposed..."

"That I'm afraid is far above my pay grade."
The Nephandus said and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "A risk, yes... but one you are presently best positioned to lessen."

"Not by betraying everything I stand for no."
Kallan said firmly.

He smiled wryly, "A fair point - I expect I'd be subject to torture more for entertainment value than for strategic value, myself, in your hands... Obviously, I'm going to have to avoid that."

"Yes I suspect that you would."
The Nephandus said simply.
"And besides one of the Prelati likes scarred men if you get my drift so yes I do recommend that you try to avoid becoming our captive indeed."

He opened his mouth to speak as the phone pinged again, then frowned as he read the message, replying, 'It happened on a bit short notice - a few bites and scrapes on our side, but we suffered zero fatalities. Welcome home, luv. Oh, and the Chief put up new wards, and swapped Uncle Willard out for a bit, just so you're aware.'

You got a reply back.
"I noticed our new fancy ward. Let me know what we can do to help I am heading up to assist Master Haagen right now I was told he needed help with repairing the walls while Fran will help with security...also bites? What exactly attacked us? See you later luv and you better be ok or I will scowl at you. Also Jareth's claws is covered in blood what happened, he do not seam to be hurt though."

(OOC: That is true enough. I can do that if you guys prefer. I am sorry for the delay though but I had an anxiety attack tonight, they happen now and again and they sort of land me on my ass the next day.)

(OOC 2: I had allmost forgotten about that, yes I remember that now. Well Karin will become a student mage if she is rescued.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:40 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Unless there's Fallen within the Union who are feeling the brass intel so they do just that.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, we've won the battle.' Nicole replied cheerfully, giving a little smile as she pulled out her phone and quickly tapped something out with her free hand. 'I think we managed to do it without losing a single person too...' continuing to tap on her phone and holding it up for the woman to read the screen: 'Call me Sarah if you are being held by enemy.'

[If I remember right, there's two Kinfolk who are let's call 'drowsy'.]

[I mentioned that for if Colin had spend enough time around said Kinfolk, he might start wondering that part of Nicole's 'problems'/'issues' are down to it.]

[Don't mind either way, Great One.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:48 pm

[Basement Colin]
Anja wrote:"Yes Mr Wainwright, oddly enough considering how she started out, that she is."
Marian said with a smile.
Colin smiled sadly, "Considering how she started out... Seven years ago, the first time she saw me, she begged me to save her mother, before she Fell... I could not do that at the time, owing to time differences, but I'm going to try to do so in the future."

Anja wrote:Kallan nodded at that.
"I hope you can do what you say Traditionalist, I do not know why you would do so for an enemy but I hope you can do so even if I doubt if it is possible."
He smiled, "Ever read Sun Tzu? The greatest victories are not won by obliterating the enemy, but by turning them into friends and allies... If I can accomplish this - to successfully help gift a new Avatar to a Mage who has lost their original one, however that loss came about, and more so, to do so for someone I by right should have nothing but contempt for - it would change the entire face of the Ascension War; the possibility of offering a Fallen captive a completely fresh start, if they were willing to mend their ways and fight for our side again, what do you think that would do to morale among the Nephandi? If we suddenly stopped being the merciless bogeyman under the bed, and instead offered a way out, even if painful?"
He shrugged, "Also, I have a sense of obligation toward her; a debt of honour, if you will..."

Anja wrote:"That I'm afraid is far above my pay grade."
The Nephandus said and he raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Of course, I'm familiar with the idea - I was speaking in general terms, 'you' as in the Nephandi as a whole..."

Anja wrote:"Yes I suspect that you would."
The Nephandus said simply.
"And besides one of the Prelati likes scarred men if you get my drift so yes I do recommend that you try to avoid becoming our captive indeed."
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, duly noted."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back.
"I noticed our new fancy ward. Let me know what we can do to help I am heading up to assist Master Haagen right now I was told he needed help with repairing the walls while Fran will help with security...also bites? What exactly attacked us? See you later luv and you better be ok or I will scowl at you. Also Jareth's claws is covered in blood what happened, he do not seam to be hurt though."
He smiled wryly and replied, 'They brought what appeared to be animal spirits - cats, dogs, that sort of thing. And I'm alright; avoided the prime bolt this time around. As for Jareth, would you be a dear and help give him a bath? We have a blind Nephandus down here, who wasn't blind until he ran into Jareth and Mundi... those two make a terrifying tag team.'

((OOC: Oh, right, and Colin also did offer one of the kinfolk a few bucks for running a few discreet errands for him - deliveries and the sort - though I'm sure his interactions with the three have been fairly strictly business. Though Colin has most likely long since noticed that Nicole is exhibiting a lot of rattitudes one would expect from her family; the scrounging, the pack rat behavior, the frequent snacking, and so on. It might be a fair guess that he's cutting her some slack because of it - but the rubber band can only stretch so far. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:08 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Unless there's Fallen within the Union who are feeling the brass intel so they do just that.'

"It could be I guess but I do not think they have that much power or that the Union leadership will not double check such information and just accept what one source tell them if they plan to wipe out a city. The Union is many things but they are not incompetent."
Jon said with a frown.

'Yeah, we've won the battle.' Nicole replied cheerfully, giving a little smile as she pulled out her phone and quickly tapped something out with her free hand. 'I think we managed to do it without losing a single person too...' continuing to tap on her phone and holding it up for the woman to read the screen: 'Call me Sarah if you are being held by enemy.'

Juia read what you had written and shook her head.
"We are fine, it is me and Miss Florentine here. My husband told me to hide and keep her safe as neither of us can really so much in a fight, would you like to come in to check Miss Bouchard?"
Julia said and she opened to door, you saw the young Mercere girl Susannah Florentine sitting in a chair and staring out into nothing as usual, as if she really was the porcelain doll she resembled.

[Basement Colin]

Colin smiled sadly, "Considering how she started out... Seven years ago, the first time she saw me, she begged me to save her mother, before she Fell... I could not do that at the time, owing to time differences, but I'm going to try to do so in the future."

"The Cycle might have wanted you to save her."
The death magus said.
"I have to admit though your adventures gives me a headache and I actually study Time!"

He smiled, "Ever read Sun Tzu? The greatest victories are not won by obliterating the enemy, but by turning them into friends and allies... If I can accomplish this - to successfully help gift a new Avatar to a Mage who has lost their original one, however that loss came about, and more so, to do so for someone I by right should have nothing but contempt for - it would change the entire face of the Ascension War; the possibility of offering a Fallen captive a completely fresh start, if they were willing to mend their ways and fight for our side again, what do you think that would do to morale among the Nephandi? If we suddenly stopped being the merciless bogeyman under the bed, and instead offered a way out, even if painful?"
He shrugged, "Also, I have a sense of obligation toward her; a debt of honour, if you will..."

"You seam to think and Avatar is little more than a sweather or a car, if one gets wrecked or broken down just replace it, I am not so sure most magi will be as nonchelant about their souls, yes if it is possible to get a new one it might offer hope to those who have been Gilgulled but I doubt it will change the fear of being captured as having one's Avatar destroyed...well to most it means more than just having some thing broken that can be replaced, even if that should be possible."
Kallan said calmly.
"Obligation towards Kira? Why?"
He asked sounding surprised.

He nodded, "Of course, I'm familiar with the idea - I was speaking in general terms, 'you' as in the Nephandi as a whole..."

"Perhaps you are right about that, perhaps we should."
The prisoner said with a sigh.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, duly noted."

"They some like the mother and some like the daughter, just be aware that a Prelata is not used to asking for permission to take what she wants. "
The Nephandus replied wryly.

He smiled wryly and replied, 'They brought what appeared to be animal spirits - cats, dogs, that sort of thing. And I'm alright; avoided the prime bolt this time around. As for Jareth, would you be a dear and help give him a bath? We have a blind Nephandus down here, who wasn't blind until he ran into Jareth and Mundi... those two make a terrifying tag team.'

You got a reply back.
"I cam give him a bath let me just ask Master Haagen if I can do it now or if he need my help right away. Also he ate that Nephandus' eyes? Are you sure we should not call Dr Haagen in Chicago and ask if that is bad for an owl? Animal spirits eh, have they been cleaned up, are there any enemies left in the Chantry?"

(OOC: Yes two of them are on the verge of Awakening or at least sleeping less.)
(OOC 2 that would be Karin running errands, she is a hard worker and will take on any work that do nto harm anyone or herself.)
(OOC 3: Thanks for the patience.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:46 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Not a single one, but a few in strategic points. One files a dodgy report, another "forgets" to file another, a third "mis-hears" an order and so on. Like a big game of Chinese Whispers.'

Anja's Post:

'Oh, no need.' Nicole replied, clearly relieved. 'Just we saw two in this apartment, and couldn't explain for sure one of them.' slipping her cell back into her pocket.

'On to the next dot for investigation?' turning to look to Jon.

[Don't forget the "what's in it for me?" mentality. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:49 pm

[Basement Serge]

Anja wrote:"Oh certainly it would look cool."
The Nephandus said then he grinned a little.
"Well I guess most ill create a spell and then name it but there is nothing wrong with coming up with a good name and then making a spell to match it, whatever make you creative yes?"

"Yeah. Lots fun cooking up fancy names for spells." Serge said with a nod. "Got any cool names for your spells? Preferably ones that don't make my ears bleed."

Anja wrote:"A bit of water would be nice kid, oh and a novelty pencil though I doubt if I would get to keep that."
The Nephandus said with a chuckle.
"Probably not but we can go and get you some water."
Ryan replied and the Fallen man smiled a little.
"Thank you."

"Water it is! Onwards to the magick water producing apparatus known as our sink!" Serge declared before heading towards the common room to get the a glass of water for the fallen man.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:29 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Not a single one, but a few in strategic points. One files a dodgy report, another "forgets" to file another, a third "mis-hears" an order and so on. Like a big game of Chinese Whispers.'

"This seams like allot of assumptions that we have not really had any indications of actually happening, I am not fan of the Technocracy Nicole but I prefer not to be in a panic over something that to me seam to be rather unlikely to happen."
Jon said sounding rather doubtful.

Oh, no need.' Nicole replied, clearly relieved. 'Just we saw two in this apartment, and couldn't explain for sure one of them.' slipping her cell back into her pocket.

"Ok, thank you for checking up on us Miss Bouchard...is there anything I can do to help?"
Mrs Von Hess asked politely.

'On to the next dot for investigation?' turning to look to Jon.

"Let me see, Colin's room appear to have three dots, all mages."
Jon said as he looked down at his phone.
"We should check that out."

[Basement Serge]

"Yeah. Lots fun cooking up fancy names for spells." Serge said with a nod. "Got any cool names for your spells? Preferably ones that don't make my ears bleed."

"I do but that is indeed the problem, they are in the Dragon's tongue."
Kellan said with a bit of a grin.
"So I do not think you want me to speak those names here, nor would you understand them since you are not Fallen...that that you are not welcome to our Caul if you want to be."
He joked which earned him a very stern look from your uncle.
"None of my family members want to follow your dark path Nephandus!"
He declared and Kallan chuckle.
"I am just joking Traditionalist, just joking."

"Water it is! Onwards to the magick water producing apparatus known as our sink!" Serge declared before heading towards the common room to get the a glass of water for the fallen man.

You headed up the stairs and ran into Fran and Freddy who seamed to have just come in the door.
"Mr Yager...can you tell me what is happening here, where we under sttack?"
Freddy asked.
"Why did no one call me? Are anyone hurt? What about Colin is he hurt?"
She asked.
"I saw Mr Wainwright a few moments ago so he is fine, so is Anna."
Ryan who had followed you up the stairs said and Freddy seamed to calm down, Fran patting her on the back.
"Oh thank heavens."
Freddy said.
"What about our Cabal and my Tradition mates?"
Fran asked and Ryan said.
"To the best of my knowledge we lost no one and we have only had some minor injuries on our side, some bites, bumps and bruises, nothing worse."
He said and the death maga relaxed.
"Thank heaven, what happened Mr Darehill, Mr Yager, how did anyone get through our wards?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:11 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Hey, it's a chance; didn't say a big one.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug. 'Just keeping an open mind and all that...'

Anja's Post:

'Nothing... no, wait; remain here. Might be sending someone to you for you to keep an eye on.'

Anja's Post:

'Let's go, then.' giving a nod and heading towards Colin's apartment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 pm

[Security Office]

"Hum...I could ask the Primus if he can make a binding circle, he was a Quesitor from before the Order joined the Order when they where one of the few, non...invasive methods to stop a magus from casting spells, he might just remember how to do it still, if so we can restrict use of the serum to traveling and we have a couple of sets of the restricting cuffs.)
Your Mentor said more to himself than to you adding it to his to do list.

'My sora mentioned something similar, regarding the binding circle. She also had other methods of constraining hands, though they were not necessary kind. Please let me know if I can be of assistance assuming I am available.'

"Like I said it will not be easy, and we can not oficially inform the other Chantries without strong proof and normally with such supicions we would inform the Tribunal Senior Quesitor and in this case that might not be all that ideal."
The old war mage said darkly.
"But we will find a way mea filius we have to though I am open to suggestions."

'I meant inform the chantries about the spectres. I am not sure what to do about the enforcer; maybe the cultists here would be able to help but that also might mean telling them what might be going on.

[Basement]

You got down the stairs to the basement and found Marian on guard duty the Euthanathos nodded to you.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
He said politely.
"Are you here to see one of the prisoners?"

"No, my amicus. I have a message. I will write it for him before disturbing him though." He took the tablet out and wrote a succinct summary of his pater's instructions, most of which he guessed he would already be attempting anyway. When he completed the missive he headed towards the sound of Colin's voice in order to deliver it, though likely he'd heard him talking to Marion already. The message read: 'Chief wants to know numbers, when Jace's army of ghosts will get here, anything they know about his plans, the location of his lab and other strongholds, how they got through the wards, how they knew Uncle Wlrd's Name. He says you have one chance to get the information from the prisoners in a civilized manner but if that do not work, stronger methods will be used. Also, I have learned that the spectres that were mages are wary of your avatar due to its unique nature. I have not yet told anyone else that as you may wish to keep it to yourself. I also told the Chief that the serum increases the risk of wraiths - he did not yet know.'

// take your time, I know how it feels to have anxiety. It sucks.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:12 pm

[Basement Colin]
Anja wrote:"The Cycle might have wanted you to save her."
The death magus said.
"I have to admit though your adventures gives me a headache and I actually study Time!"
Colin smiled wryly, "I'm not free of them, myself, either... and unless someone can convince the Fallen captive in the infirmary to want to live on later, I'm liable to have an even worse one... but, that's a bit of a Wrinkle if happens..."

Anja wrote:"You seam to think and Avatar is little more than a sweather or a car, if one gets wrecked or broken down just replace it, I am not so sure most magi will be as nonchelant about their souls, yes if it is possible to get a new one it might offer hope to those who have been Gilgulled but I doubt it will change the fear of being captured as having one's Avatar destroyed...well to most it means more than just having some thing broken that can be replaced, even if that should be possible."
Kallan said calmly.
"Obligation towards Kira? Why?"
He asked sounding surprised.
He shook his head, "It's far more delicate than that - if I were to make a comparison, I'd say it were a vital organ of some sort - a lung, or a liver. There won't be anything easy about getting it replaced if it's gone... but a few - perhaps just enough to make an impact - might see it as reason to live on and keep trying..."

Anja wrote:"They some like the mother and some like the daughter, just be aware that a Prelata is not used to asking for permission to take what she wants. "
The Nephandus replied wryly.
Colin shrugged, "I've encountered that attitude before. I'd frankly be more worried if she were used to asking... But, I'll have to make sure to load up before crossing paths with your Labyrinth again, then."

"I cam give him a bath let me just ask Master Haagen if I can do it now or if he need my help right away. Also he ate that Nephandus' eyes? Are you sure we should not call Dr Haagen in Chicago and ask if that is bad for an owl? Animal spirits eh, have they been cleaned up, are there any enemies left in the Chantry?"
He smiled thinly, typing back, 'Only clawed, I think - the fellow was quite a mess. And I believe everything is in the process of being cleaned up properly, if there was anything left at all.'

S7trif3 wrote:"No, my amicus. I have a message. I will write it for him before disturbing him though." He took the tablet out and wrote a succinct summary of his pater's instructions, most of which he guessed he would already be attempting anyway. When he completed the missive he headed towards the sound of Colin's voice in order to deliver it, though likely he'd heard him talking to Marion already. The message read: 'Chief wants to know numbers, when Jace's army of ghosts will get here, anything they know about his plans, the location of his lab and other strongholds, how they got through the wards, how they knew Uncle Wlrd's Name. He says you have one chance to get the information from the prisoners in a civilized manner but if that do not work, stronger methods will be used. Also, I have learned that the spectres that were mages are wary of your avatar due to its unique nature. I have not yet told anyone else that as you may wish to keep it to yourself. I also told the Chief that the serum increases the risk of wraiths - he did not yet know.'
He nodded as Adley entered, and looked at the tablet with an arched eyebrow before handing it back, "Ah... Kallan, I just received notification that my time is running out; if you're still refusing to answer me, I will be pushed aside. And I'm afraid that if you do not, your death will amount to little more than a futile whimper followed by an eternity in a figurative bottle as a wraith, or worse, you'll be denied death and kept fed and sheltered as you drift into yourself as pale echo of yourself, just for spite... Here's the thing, we can find Jace, his laboratory, and your entire Labyrinth, and we do have the practical means of using Jace's favourite medium to do so, and there's also a very good chance your former Housemate will decide that plying her trade on your apprentice in front of you will be more efficient to extricate information from you that simply torturing you will be... So, an ultimately meaningless suffering and death, and we'll still get the information we need, if we have to drain your spine of fluid and track your movements with that, or you simply tell us, we share a few mutual understandings, one mentor of a teenage girl to another, and we don't have to literally scry your entrails while you're kept alive for it? Plus, the sooner we get our answers, the more likely I'll be able to help Jace's little flock of Specters pass on peacefully instead of being forcibly shredded like tissue paper. Because that remains a highly likely option, too."
He paused for a moment, "Also, cooperation will mean you'll get to see Kira again sooner, too."

((OOC: Jon REALLY should be starting to freak out about the three dots in Colin's apartment; not because there are three, but because he can see them... The ward should still be in place, blocking out everything, UNLESS Anna has sneakily taken it down...))

((OOC2: Yes, as I said, Colin's noted Nicole's Rattitudes. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Hey, it's a chance; didn't say a big one.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug. 'Just keeping an open mind and all that...'

"Sure but there is also a chance some Marauder will drag a meteorite down onto the city, we can not worry about every single possibility we have to focus on what we have an indication of actually being the case."
Jon said.
"And we have no indication the Union will leave behind their known MO and nuke the city."

'Nothing... no, wait; remain here. Might be sending someone to you for you to keep an eye on.'

"Very well Miss Bouchard, I will stay here then."
The young psycic said kindly.

'Let's go, then.' giving a nod and heading towards Colin's apartment.

You got to the Orphan's apartment.
"Still three dots inside."
Jon informed you.

[Security Office]

'My sora mentioned something similar, regarding the binding circle. She also had other methods of constraining hands, though they were not necessary kind. Please let me know if I can be of assistance assuming I am available.'

"Yes there are ways to make cuffs more secure. The problem with them is that if you are desperate enough you can get out of cuffs, especially women tend to have soft enough joints to be able to get free if they are willing to suffer a little bit of pain, I know Helena have restrained prisoners by putting a metal rod bolted on each side through the hands to prevent that issue, it is effective but not kind."
Jeffry replied.
"But is it an option as an alternative to the serum."

'I meant inform the chantries about the spectres. I am not sure what to do about the enforcer; maybe the cultists here would be able to help but that also might mean telling them what might be going on.

"Ah yes, then I understand do pardon. I will ask Mr Gregario to deliver a warning to all the other Chantries in the Tribunal."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.
"Asking the Cultists about the Enforcer is a good idea she is of their Tradition perhaps they have some ideas, perhaps you could discuss it with your young Cabalmate Mr Yager?"

[Basement]

Colin smiled wryly, "I'm not free of them, myself, either... and unless someone can convince the Fallen captive in the infirmary to want to live on later, I'm liable to have an even worse one... but, that's a bit of a Wrinkle if happens..."

"Can't we just hold her captive after the rite, feed her through tubes if she refuse to eat and use magick to keep her going? That should keep her alive for a while at least."
Marian suggested.

He shook his head, "It's far more delicate than that - if I were to make a comparison, I'd say it were a vital organ of some sort - a lung, or a liver. There won't be anything easy about getting it replaced if it's gone... but a few - perhaps just enough to make an impact - might see it as reason to live on and keep trying..."

"I had my heart replaced once you know, through magick, I was shot in the chest, that did not make me feel differently. Your Avatar is more than your heart or liver it is a part of your soul, it can not just be swapped around."
Kallan declared.
"But yes getting a new soul will at least let someone continue to use magick."

Colin shrugged, "I've encountered that attitude before. I'd frankly be more worried if she were used to asking... But, I'll have to make sure to load up before crossing paths with your Labyrinth again, then."

"Let us hope we can stay out of one another's path."
"But with Jace's plans...there is little chance of that happening."

He smiled thinly, typing back, 'Only clawed, I think - the fellow was quite a mess. And I believe everything is in the process of being cleaned up properly, if there was anything left at all.'

You got a reply back.
"Yes hopefully he did not eat any of it but let us call the vet anyway just to be sure in case he did."

He nodded as Adley entered, and looked at the tablet with an arched eyebrow before handing it back, "Ah... Kallan, I just received notification that my time is running out; if you're still refusing to answer me, I will be pushed aside. And I'm afraid that if you do not, your death will amount to little more than a futile whimper followed by an eternity in a figurative bottle as a wraith, or worse, you'll be denied death and kept fed and sheltered as you drift into yourself as pale echo of yourself, just for spite... Here's the thing, we can find Jace, his laboratory, and your entire Labyrinth, and we do have the practical means of using Jace's favourite medium to do so, and there's also a very good chance your former Housemate will decide that plying her trade on your apprentice in front of you will be more efficient to extricate information from you that simply torturing you will be... So, an ultimately meaningless suffering and death, and we'll still get the information we need, if we have to drain your spine of fluid and track your movements with that, or you simply tell us, we share a few mutual understandings, one mentor of a teenage girl to another, and we don't have to literally scry your entrails while you're kept alive for it? Plus, the sooner we get our answers, the more likely I'll be able to help Jace's little flock of Specters pass on peacefully instead of being forcibly shredded like tissue paper. Because that remains a highly likely option, too."

Kallan was quiet as he listened to your tirade, he was scared but determined.
"Ah all the standard interrogation tricks rolled into one, threats, one more horrible than another, then try to convince the prisoner all efforts to hold back will be futile anyway, it is an effective way to make someone talk, usually but like I said I will nto betray the Nephandi, my Avatar's death will mean something, you will get nothing from me."
He said calmly.
"You are pretty good though."
He added wryly.

(OOC: Colin's ward have gone bye bye.)
(OOC 2: Thanks anxiety sucks indeed.)
"No, my amicus. I have a message. I will write it for him before disturbing him though." He took the tablet out and wrote a succinct summary of his pater's instructions, most of which he guessed he would already be attempting anyway. When he completed the missive he headed towards the sound of Colin's voice in order to deliver it,

"Mr Wainwright is in that storage room with one of the prisoners so fee free heading over there Mr Roth Hicks."
Marian replied and he pointed at the relevant room again.

When he completed the missive he headed towards the sound of Colin's voice in order to deliver it, though likely he'd heard him talking to Marion already. The message read: 'Chief wants to know numbers, when Jace's army of ghosts will get here, anything they know about his plans, the location of his lab and other strongholds, how they got through the wards, how they knew Uncle Wlrd's Name. He says you have one chance to get the information from the prisoners in a civilized manner but if that do not work, stronger methods will be used. Also, I have learned that the spectres that were mages are wary of your avatar due to its unique nature. I have not yet told anyone else that as you may wish to keep it to yourself. I also told the Chief that the serum increases the risk of wraiths - he did not yet know.'

You found Colin talking to a handsome, bound man. The Nephandus was tall and thin, clad in a black hoodie and black jeans, he had short black hair, fine features and two silver rings in one of his ears. He had ice gray eyes and looked up at you when you came though the door but he said nothing.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Security office]

"Yes there are ways to make cuffs more secure. The problem with them is that if you are desperate enough you can get out of cuffs, especially women tend to have soft enough joints to be able to get free if they are willing to suffer a little bit of pain, I know Helena have restrained prisoners by putting a metal rod bolted on each side through the hands to prevent that issue, it is effective but not kind."
Jeffry replied.
"But is it an option as an alternative to the serum."

He nodded.

"Ah yes, then I understand do pardon. I will ask Mr Gregario to deliver a warning to all the other Chantries in the Tribunal."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.
"Asking the Cultists about the Enforcer is a good idea she is of their Tradition perhaps they have some ideas, perhaps you could discuss it with your young Cabalmate Mr Yager?"

'I will try to find him at some point soon. How much should we tell him though? I trust him, but am not sure what is going on and it will possibly mean giving him a bit of a background on what may be happening - that we are not yet sure about.

[Basement]

"Mr Wainwright is in that storage room with one of the prisoners so fee free heading over there Mr Roth Hicks."
Marian replied and he pointed at the relevant room again.

"Thank you."

You found Colin talking to a handsome, bound man. The Nephandus was tall and thin, clad in a black hoodie and black jeans, he had short black hair, fine features and two silver rings in one of his ears. He had ice gray eyes and looked up at you when you came though the door but he said nothing.
He nodded as Adley entered, and looked at the tablet with an arched eyebrow before handing it back

He erased the board and put it away, standing a moment in quiet solidarity while looking over their newest prisoner. He had to admit, Colin had gotten better at intimidation tactics. The way he delivered his speech with a cool sense of certainty was chilling. As Kallan, as his name seemed to be, replied, he tilted his head at him. He was loyal. Loyal people would not give up their secrets so easily, unless they found their loyalty questionable. "Why did you join the Nephandi?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:48 pm

[Basement Serge]

Anja wrote:"I do but that is indeed the problem, they are in the Dragon's tongue."
Kellan said with a bit of a grin.
"So I do not think you want me to speak those names here, nor would you understand them since you are not Fallen...that that you are not welcome to our Caul if you want to be."
He joked which earned him a very stern look from your uncle.
"None of my family members want to follow your dark path Nephandus!"
He declared and Kallan chuckle.
"I am just joking Traditionalist, just joking."

"Nah, I'm good. I want a lot of wierd things but that's not one of them." Serge said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:You headed up the stairs and ran into Fran and Freddy who seamed to have just come in the door.
"Mr Yager...can you tell me what is happening here, where we under sttack?"
Freddy asked.
"Why did no one call me? Are anyone hurt? What about Colin is he hurt?"
She asked.
"I saw Mr Wainwright a few moments ago so he is fine, so is Anna."
Ryan who had followed you up the stairs said and Freddy seamed to calm down, Fran patting her on the back.
"Oh thank heavens."
Freddy said.
"What about our Cabal and my Tradition mates?"
Fran asked and Ryan said.
"To the best of my knowledge we lost no one and we have only had some minor injuries on our side, some bites, bumps and bruises, nothing worse."
He said and the death maga relaxed.
"Thank heaven, what happened Mr Darehill, Mr Yager, how did anyone get through our wards?"

"We were attacked by Nephandi. Around 8 of them and a fuck load of spirits that they summoned along. At least that's what I saw when I looked around. I believe they were trying to kidnap Cava." Serge said, a little taken a aback by the sudden barrage of questions.

"As for how they got through the wards. I have no clue and the Chiefs probably setting up an investigation on that as we speak. Not only were our wards penetrated but they found out Uncle Willards true name so he had to be switched for the other guardian spirit."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Who said I was worrying? Not like I could outrun a nuke anyway.'

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then went on her way.

Anja's Post:

Positioning herself in such a manner her gun wouldn't be obvious to the ones on the other side of the door, Nicole then knocked.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:34 pm

[Security Office]

'I will try to find him at some point soon. How much should we tell him though? I trust him, but am not sure what is going on and it will possibly mean giving him a bit of a background on what may be happening - that we are not yet sure about.

Jeffry considered this and frowned.
"I trust the young man's intentions, you can look into his eyes and see that there is nothing malicious there. However he is woefully naive and childish. Just tell him that the Enforcer is hurt and we suspect someone at her Chantry did it and ask if he have some idea for an excuse to bring her here for her safety, that should be enough."
Your Mentor replied.

[Basement]

"Thank you."

Marian nodded at that.
"No problem."

He erased the board and put it away, standing a moment in quiet solidarity while looking over their newest prisoner. He had to admit, Colin had gotten better at intimidation tactics. The way he delivered his speech with a cool sense of certainty was chilling. As Kallan, as his name seemed to be, replied, he tilted his head at him. He was loyal. Loyal people would not give up their secrets so easily, unless they found their loyalty questionable. "Why did you join the Nephandi?"

Kallan looked at you, then he leaned his head back against the shelf he was bound to.
"I realized that this world was wrong, I started to read up on Cabbalistic ideas, including the Qlippoth, the idea there had been imperfect world before this one that had been destroyed and I realized that with all it's pain and suffering and hurt this world of ours are far from perfect, it should also go, and when a Caul found me...no they are not all stuck in the center of Labyrinths looking like lady parts, I gave myself to it willingly, then I went out in search of those who was like me and found the Nephandi."
He replied.
"But do it matter to you why I am with the Nephandi?"

[Basement Serge]

Nah, I'm good. I want a lot of wierd things but that's not one of them." Serge said with a chuckle.

"What I am hurt, join the Nephandi we got cookies."
Kallan replied with a grin. Ryan scowled at him again.

[Common Room]

"We were attacked by Nephandi. Around 8 of them and a fuck load of spirits that they summoned along. At least that's what I saw when I looked around. I believe they were trying to kidnap Cava." Serge said, a little taken a aback by the sudden barrage of questions.

"Well fuck that is not good."
Freddy replied with a frown.
"Did they get the kid? Is she safe?"

"As for how they got through the wards. I have no clue and the Chiefs probably setting up an investigation on that as we speak. Not only were our wards penetrated but they found out Uncle Willards true name so he had to be switched for the other guardian spirit."

"How the hell did they manage to find Uncle Willard's true name? it is not like the Chief share it around."
Fran asked her eyes widening.
"How did they manage not not kill or capture any of us, I mean if they came in force like you say Mr Yager...did Colin have prior knowledge of this again? If he did and he did not tell me so I could help I will be most cross with him!"
Freddy declared and she crossed her arms across her chest.

[Chantry Second Floor]

Who said I was worrying? Not like I could outrun a nuke anyway.'

"I can, well I can teleport away but yeah. I not think that will happen Nicole."
Jon replied with a shrug.

A nod to this, then went on her way.

Julia closed the door behind you and went back inside the apartment.

Positioning herself in such a manner her gun wouldn't be obvious to the ones on the other side of the door, Nicole then knocked.

Richard's young sister who often visited the Chantry opened the door, she was a cute kid, short with black hair with red stripes in a ponytail, big, black eyes and wearing a striped sweater over blue jeans, the girl smiled to you though she looked rather tired and scared.
"Miss Bouchard...Mr...ehm...Sharman...is all okey, did we win?"
The young Akashic Brotherhood student asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 pm

[Basement Serge]

Anja wrote:"What I am hurt, join the Nephandi we got cookies."
Kallan replied with a grin. Ryan scowled at him again.

Serge smiled but didn't comment. His Uncle appeared to get angrier by the minute and Serge was worried as to what he might do if the fallen prisoner went another step to far in his jokes.

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Well fuck that is not good."
Freddy replied with a frown.
"Did they get the kid? Is she safe?"

"She's safe and so is everyone else in the chantry. She and the other mage children manage to escape just fine." Serge assured her.

Anja wrote:"How the hell did they manage to find Uncle Willard's true name? it is not like the Chief share it around."
Fran asked her eyes widening.

"Dunno. I wonder if they had it for a while now. It reminds of the time three months ago when the fallen placed Uncle Willard in a trance right before they sent in the oil men." Serge said, remembering the attack from so long ago.

Anja wrote:"How did they manage not not kill or capture any of us, I mean if they came in force like you say Mr Yager...did Colin have prior knowledge of this again? If he did and he did not tell me so I could help I will be most cross with him!"
Freddy declared and she crossed her arms across her chest.

"He got a call from his future self right before the attack and learned all the details about it. So he was able to warn the chief right before the attack actually happened and the chantry defenders could get ready." he explained, frowning slightly upon remembering the alternate timeline of the attack, still feeling marginally responsible for the deaths that occurred then.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 pm

[Chantry Second Floor]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... don't tell people that. Unless you want folk banging on your door and holding up babies as them old sirens go off and that robotic voice [the EAS] tells us we're all fucked.' ending with a wry little half-smile.

Anja's Post:

'That we did. Just checking up on everyone, doing a roll-call. You with anyone else?' the Etherite replied, giving a little smile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:26 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Can't we just hold her captive after the rite, feed her through tubes if she refuse to eat and use magick to keep her going? That should keep her alive for a while at least."
Marian suggested.
Colin shook his head, "God, no, that would be horrible. And a vegetable would be no help at all... No, if she's to fulfill her role in the future, she needs to be walking and talking, and willing to help..."

Anja wrote:"I had my heart replaced once you know, through magick, I was shot in the chest, that did not make me feel differently. Your Avatar is more than your heart or liver it is a part of your soul, it can not just be swapped around."
Kallan declared.
"But yes getting a new soul will at least let someone continue to use magick."
He nodded, "True enough, it is more than that - the Union believes the Avatar, or Genius as they call it - is a gland in the brain. I think they're half right, that the gland is the anchorpoint. But I suppose replacing an Avatar is about as far removed from a heart replacement as a heart replacement is removed from getting a new sweater..."
He looked out into the air for a moment, "But if you lost it, and lived, what wouldn't you give to get a new one?"

Anja wrote:"Let us hope we can stay out of one another's path."
"But with Jace's plans...there is little chance of that happening."
He nodded, "Quite. Little chance."

"Yes hopefully he did not eat any of it but let us call the vet anyway just to be sure in case he did."
He smiled wryly, replying, 'You're absolutely right, luv.'

Anja wrote:Kallan was quiet as he listened to your tirade, he was scared but determined.
"Ah all the standard interrogation tricks rolled into one, threats, one more horrible than another, then try to convince the prisoner all efforts to hold back will be futile anyway, it is an effective way to make someone talk, usually but like I said I will nto betray the Nephandi, my Avatar's death will mean something, you will get nothing from me."
He said calmly.
"You are pretty good though."
He added wryly.
He smiled thinly, "I suppose it does help that I actually present valid points, and would genuinely prefer to avoid causing pain..."

S7trif3 wrote:He erased the board and put it away, standing a moment in quiet solidarity while looking over their newest prisoner. He had to admit, Colin had gotten better at intimidation tactics. The way he delivered his speech with a cool sense of certainty was chilling. As Kallan, as his name seemed to be, replied, he tilted his head at him. He was loyal. Loyal people would not give up their secrets so easily, unless they found their loyalty questionable. "Why did you join the Nephandi?"
Anja wrote:Kallan looked at you, then he leaned his head back against the shelf he was bound to.
"I realized that this world was wrong, I started to read up on Cabbalistic ideas, including the Qlippoth, the idea there had been imperfect world before this one that had been destroyed and I realized that with all it's pain and suffering and hurt this world of ours are far from perfect, it should also go, and when a Caul found me...no they are not all stuck in the center of Labyrinths looking like lady parts, I gave myself to it willingly, then I went out in search of those who was like me and found the Nephandi."
He replied.
"But do it matter to you why I am with the Nephandi?"
He arched an eyebrow, glanced back at Adley with a nod, and leaned against the wall, looking directly at Kallan and showing Adley his phone, still recording the conversation, "Of course the world is imperfect. A perfect world is impossible, it's only as good as we can make it. And admittedly, there's been some lax handling of it for a while now; some might blame God, others might blame secular politicians, others again might blame the Technocracy... but everyone's just trying to make a better world for themselves, and agendas end up at odds with one another. We're still curious as to how you came to the conclusion that prematurely putting everything out of its misery was the right way to go..."

((OOC: The ward being gone is fair enough, but I'd still think Jon would at least wonder about that, since he's already commented on not being able to see a thing inside Colin's apartment...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:25 am

[Common Room]

"She's safe and so is everyone else in the chantry. She and the other mage children manage to escape just fine." Serge assured her.

"That is good, that is very good."
Freddy said and Fran nodded.

"Dunno. I wonder if they had it for a while now. It reminds of the time three months ago when the fallen placed Uncle Willard in a trance right before they sent in the oil men." Serge said, remembering the attack from so long ago.

"They could have but it is hard to know since they could have put the spirit in a trance by other means, knowing his true name is pretty serious."
Fran said with a frown.
"Hopefully the Chief will figure it out eventually."

"He got a call from his future self right before the attack and learned all the details about it. So he was able to warn the chief right before the attack actually happened and the chantry defenders could get ready." he explained, frowning slightly upon remembering the alternate timeline of the attack, still feeling marginally responsible for the deaths that occurred then.

Freddy nodded at that.
"We got lucky then."
The Virtual Adept replied.
"What are our status right now? Where can we help?"

[Chantry Second Floor]

'Yeah... don't tell people that. Unless you want folk banging on your door and holding up babies as them old sirens go off and that robotic voice [the EAS] tells us we're all fucked.' ending with a wry little half-smile.

"Unfortunately I can't take anyone with me yet."
Jon replied.
"I can teleport away from people to though."

'That we did. Just checking up on everyone, doing a roll-call. You with anyone else?' the Etherite replied, giving a little smile.

"Yeah I am with Anna and Miss Alexander though the latter is still in a Seeking."
The young girl said.
"Anna needed some oxygen from her mask so Mr Wainwright told us to hide her and we hid Miss Alexander here when things got bad since she is helpless until she gets out of the Seeking."

[Basement]

Colin shook his head, "God, no, that would be horrible. And a vegetable would be no help at all... No, if she's to fulfill her role in the future, she needs to be walking and talking, and willing to help..."

"Then how are you going to do it then Mr Wainwright how are you going to get the girl to be willing to be alive and able to walk and talk down the line, most do not want to live after..."
Marian shuddered.
"Poor kid."

He nodded, "True enough, it is more than that - the Union believes the Avatar, or Genius as they call it - is a gland in the brain. I think they're half right, that the gland is the anchorpoint. But I suppose replacing an Avatar is about as far removed from a heart replacement as a heart replacement is removed from getting a new sweater..."
He looked out into the air for a moment, "But if you lost it, and lived, what wouldn't you give to get a new one?"

"I am not saying that most would not do anything to get a new Avatar if they had lost the old one Traditionalist, what I am saying is that the promise of a new one will not make the prospect of...Gilgul...less terrifying."
Kallan said and he shivered slightly.
"It is no less horrifying even if one might be able to regain magick later."

He nodded, "Quite. Little chance."

The Nephandus frowned at that and he nodded.

He smiled wryly, replying, 'You're absolutely right, luv.'

You got a reply back.
"I will give Jareth a bath and make the call to the vet then my love and I will see you later."

He smiled thinly, "I suppose it does help that I actually present valid points, and would genuinely prefer to avoid causing pain..."

Kallan looked at you terrified but he said nothing.

He arched an eyebrow, glanced back at Adley with a nod, and leaned against the wall, looking directly at Kallan and showing Adley his phone, still recording the conversation, "Of course the world is imperfect. A perfect world is impossible, it's only as good as we can make it.

"If you try enough times you will get a perfect world and if perfection is not attained it is better that the world never exist than for it to be this pale mockery."
Kallan replied darkly.

And admittedly, there's been some lax handling of it for a while now; some might blame God, others might blame secular politicians, others again might blame the Technocracy... but everyone's just trying to make a better world for themselves, and agendas end up at odds with one another.

"Indeed so and it is best to just scrap the whole thing and try again for a better world, a more perfect world."
The Nephandus replied with conviction.
"There is no redemption for this decrepit reality."

We're still curious as to how you came to the conclusion that prematurely putting everything out of its misery was the right way to go..."

Kallan looked sadly at you for a while then he sigh.
"I guess I started down this path when I lost my apprentices. I had five students, but they all died, I lost them all, they where killed by the Union, or died from Paradox, over a period of a few years, all of them, one after the other."
He said with tears in his eyes.
"This made me realize that there was something very wrong in this reality, that it is wrong. My youngest apprentice was just a child of ten when Paradox made him ill and he...died, slowly, painfully he died, no world where such pain is possible is worth having and I found the answer in Cabala and other belief systems that have the idea that the world have been destroyed and re created many times, it is time for this world to end now, for it to have never been."
The Nephandus said then he shook his head.
"And if I needed further proof now I will loose Kira as well, the world have turned evil and must be gone."

(OOC: He might be wondering about it yes but allot of existing spells went down when the new ward went up so he is not that surprised.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:56 am

(OOC: Well then we have reached 30 pages again and it is time for a summary of this thread for me to make a new IC thread. I have quite a few things to do today so this summary will have to be a bit short, let me know if I have missed something important.

The group are getting ready to leave the villa to get Shawn home to Steelhaven. Colin have another visit from his future sense and find himself in the Sons of Ether clinic on Horizon ten years into the future there he meets Palma formerly Kira, a Nephanda he captured ten years ago, she can tell him she was taken during an attack on Steelhaven where Wallace Jace's forces tried to kidnap Narim and Cava, the attack failed but not before seven Chantry members where dead. Palma also warned that Serge would be attacked by a strange creature which would slow Colin and the others down from getting home in time to help. This allow Colin to stop the creature's attack on Serge, though they do not know what tried to lure him out of the wards at the villa. Also the Nephandi had found a way through the wards at Steelhaven and had gotten Uncle Willard's true name, with Colin's warning Jeffry manage to get response forces ready in time and also switch out the guardian at Steelaven for the new Guardian at the villa.

Adley are called by Hannah, the Orphan is out of coma and she have been visited by Felix Arno, her lover who surrendered to the Traditions. Felix can tell her that Jace have recruited a number of former Nephandi from the Main Sentencing Hall and are heading towards Boston with an army of specters. Both Colin and Adley learn that the anti magic serum increase the chance of someone becoming a ghost considerably.

Nicole and Adley go with Henrietta to meet one of her contacts, a wer rat named Tommy, but other than a list of which kinfolk is missing they learn little and the rats do not seam to eager to risk themselves for the sake of their kin. Unfortunately Karin have joined the list of ratkin kinfolk kidnapped and Nicole very much want the girl back.

The group gets back to the Chantry and help out defending it, and they do well, while the Nephandi come in force, the Traditionalists suffer only minor injuries. Several Nephandi prisoners are taken but of them only Kira and her Mentor is in any condition to talk and Kallan, the older of the two, do not seam very willing to do. Colin try to befriend Kira, he needs her to stay alive for ten years so that he can be told about the attack from her in ten years but the young Nephanda have no wish to life after Gilgul leaving the Orphan in a sticky situation, he is hoping that Cita can do something with Avatar shards though perhaps being able to create a new soul for the teenager though Kira is not so sure she believe him.

Serge help out with the fight by borrowing Narim's precision and cutting of the remote access to the Nephandi's Node which turn the tide of war. He also helps Shawn getting settled down and even talks with one of the prisoner on friendly terms.

So Steelhaven is safe for now. Nicole and Colin have had a litle argument, but Jace is coming and he is bringing company and the group still have to figure out how the Nephandi got through their wards, and knew the name of their guardian spirit.

Everyone get two exp for this thread. Good gaming everyone.

Here is the link to the new thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t215-an-army-of-ghosts-a-sad-nephanda-and-two-angels-ic-thread-40#32654 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30