Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 27 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Adley Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:32 pm

[Steelhaven, Security office]

He nodded to Helena, "I rather expected as much, I've got some urgent information that needs to be... ah... Is the room warded against cross-time scrying, as well as the other usual defenses? Jace has a Chronomancer."

"Dammit..." he muttered then cast a glance at his sora as if to say, 'see?! Totally reasonable to be highly paranoid.'

"That's all right, I can stand." Serge said politely, walking into the room drawing in hand. He glanced around the crowded room, taking note of everyone who was in there before saying, "I have some pictures Mr. Wainwright wanted me to bring to you. Pictures of Lily drawn by someone she tortured and enslaved firsthand."

Adley was standing next to Helena, and when Serge came in he nodded to him. "Sergius." He frowned when he heard Lily's name and he put two and two together over where Lita had come from.

Adley

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 27 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:14 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"That's all right, I can stand." Serge said politely, walking into the room drawing in hand. He glanced around the crowded room, taking note of everyone who was in there before saying, "I have some pictures Mr. Wainwright wanted me to bring to you. Pictures of Lily drawn by someone she tortured and enslaved firsthand."

"My young Sodalis are far to polite, it seams a chair is open Mr Yager."
Crexia said and she indicated the chair next to her.
"Hum a picture of Lily will be useful though I suspect something will happen to it soon enough due to the woman's Arcane, but tell me young man did not this prisoner of yours work on another picture, one of a vampiress perhaps?"
The archmaga said as she sat there with her untouched cup of tea.

Dammit..." he muttered then cast a glance at his sora as if to say, 'see?! Totally reasonable to be highly paranoid.'

The older Flambeau sigh and gave a gesture that said, okey, you win, there is all the reason for being paranoid, paranoid away brother.

Adley was standing next to Helena, and when Serge came in he nodded to him. "Sergius." He frowned when he heard Lily's name and he put two and two together over where Lita had come from.

Jeffry's eyes grew darker.
"Well now that explains why this Lita person is the way she is."
He said.
"What do this damnable slave trader have to do with all of this though?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:21 pm

[Steelhaven - Security Office]

"Oh...did you talk to the messenger?" he said suddenly, turning to his pater. He hadn't seen him in the kitchen, so he assumed he'd already been sent in.

The older Flambeau sigh and gave a gesture that said, okey, you win, there is all the reason for being paranoid, paranoid away brother.

He returned another silent gesture himself, half-shrug with hands spread. "Welcome to what's been going on with us..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:35 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"I...but I...am a Nephanda and I can not betray my own and besides I am friends with his apprentice and if they get captured by the Traditions..."
Kira said and she looked rather nervous.
"Am I going to be tortured again for that name?"
Colin frowned, "With Lady Crexia adopting you, you become a Traditionalist, not a Nephanda... which technically makes you an enemy of that man and his apprentice. I can make no promises, but in the heat of battle, things happen, and a live capture isn't always viable. You're not going to be tortured... but it would make things a lot safer for everyone if you tell us."

Anja wrote:"I...don't understand."
Kira said looking confused.
He chuckled, "She and I are bound together, now. I'll become her father, in the fullness of time."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be rather lumpy."
The young Nephanda said with a grin.
"Oh and by the way I am not going to accept another IV...at least not for a long while."
She grumbled.
"Well this one should last for days so another should not be needed, I guess I just have to use the one we got for all it is worth."
Richard said which earned a scowl from Kira which made the Akashic grin.
"I will remove it once I am sure stronger painkiller than what is practical as pills will not be needed, and preferably I should draw some blood to check your general health."
He said and Kira sigh.
"Okey I guess."
He smiled thinly, "Better to keep the canula in place a little longer, so you can get a quick extra shot of painkillers or antibiotics if necessary, than to remove it and suddenly need another line in place... From experience, it's less uncomfortable to keep it in than to remove it and insert another."

Anja wrote:"I do have some leads, and as our friend is helping me hone my skills so that I am sure that when Kyle need my aid I can hit a vein perfectly first time, so she deserve all the aid I can give to get her sensations back."
Richard said.
"And besides I learn about the treatment of physical manifestations of Jhor...I will let her know about the bangles though I heard her complain she could not find bracelets or rings that fit her, I think Deaconess O'Connor have the same problem."
He nodded, "I've seen variants on the problem, whether from simply being larger than the standard expectation, or from some birth defect or injury..."

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"It is, Lady Crexia was kind enough to add such wards when our conversation started."
Jeffry said then he frowned.
"Are you sure Mr Wainwright? Damnation, one more to go to the top of my hit list, do we know anything about this Chronomancer?"
The old Hermetic said then he sigh.
"Would you care for a cup of tea Mr Wainwright it sounds like you have allot to say you might need something to avoid a dry throat."
He nodded, "A cuppa would be good, thank you. It appears he is a member of Kira's labyrinth; she knows him, and is friends with his apprentice."

Anja wrote:"I do not listen in Mr Wainwright such would be quite rude, and I am certainly not rude."
The archmage said and she raised an eyebrow.
"However I am a Master of Time and I exist in several points of time at once much like Master Sharaya can co locate in space. For me time is far from lineal my good man, but yes I will make a note of the date and be sure to come see you in your store then and bring my apprentices, I do believe the girls might like some new pretties."
She explained with a slight smile.
He grinned, "It's hardly rude when you yourself are one of the two participants in the conversation, but that's rather beside the point."

Jeremy wrote:"That's all right, I can stand." Serge said politely, walking into the room drawing in hand. He glanced around the crowded room, taking note of everyone who was in there before saying, "I have some pictures Mr. Wainwright wanted me to bring to you. Pictures of Lily drawn by someone she tortured and enslaved firsthand."
Anja wrote:"My young Sodalis are far to polite, it seams a chair is open Mr Yager."
"Hum a picture of Lily will be useful though I suspect something will happen to it soon enough due to the woman's Arcane, but tell me young man did not this prisoner of yours work on another picture, one of a vampiress perhaps?"
S7trif3 wrote:Adley was standing next to Helena, and when Serge came in he nodded to him. "Sergius." He frowned when he heard Lily's name and he put two and two together over where Lita had come from.
Anja wrote:Jeffry's eyes grew darker.
"Well now that explains why this Lita person is the way she is."
He said.
"What do this damnable slave trader have to do with all of this though?"
He frowned, "I'm fairly sure I asked you for the picture of the vampiress, Mr. Yager... Well, if she hasn't finished that yet, we can go over another immediate security concern first; it appears the Fae individual that's decided to stalk our young artist is a Banshee. Admittedly, I was pulled back to the present after 'Ban', but I don't know of any other supernatural beings beginning with that syllable. Except the Bandersnatch, but I truly hope we're not up against some whimsy concocted by Lewis Carrol."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:36 pm

[Steelhaven Security Office]

"Yes I spoke with the Mercere."
Jeffry replied.
"It was a message sent from the Umbra Port, from the good doctor, some news about the sickness. I sent the messanger up to Dr Lee he will understand the information better than me."
Your Mentor said.
"I have a meeting with Dr Lee later so he can explain it all to me."

Helena gave you another look and she grumbeled about the Nephandi and her strong desire to introduce them to her ice magick.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:50 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin frowned, "With Lady Crexia adopting you, you become a Traditionalist, not a Nephanda... which technically makes you an enemy of that man and his apprentice. I can make no promises, but in the heat of battle, things happen, and a live capture isn't always viable. You're not going to be tortured... but it would make things a lot safer for everyone if you tell us."

Kira looked rather conflicted.
"Listen...I can't, his apprentice is my friend I do not want her killed, and as for the Chronomancer he...hurt Lita so..."
You got the feeling that hurting Lita was a good way to end up on Kira's shit list.
"But if he is taken down, chances are his apprentice is as well."

He chuckled, "She and I are bound together, now. I'll become her father, in the fullness of time."

"You are going to father the woman who tried to Gilgul you's reincarnation? Yeah that will be quite some family dinners."
The young Nephanda said and she raised an eyebrow.

He smiled thinly, "Better to keep the canula in place a little longer, so you can get a quick extra shot of painkillers or antibiotics if necessary, than to remove it and suddenly need another line in place... From experience, it's less uncomfortable to keep it in than to remove it and insert another."

"I guess...but I don't like it there...I don't like something jutting out of my skin...not after...the basement."
Kira muttered and she looked down at her arm and shuddered.
"Those nails, all jutting out of my flesh, they...they.."
The girl started crying again and Richard gave you a stern look.
"Shh...Kira it is over...shhh."
He muttered softly.

He nodded, "I've seen variants on the problem, whether from simply being larger than the standard expectation, or from some birth defect or injury..."

"One size fit most do not mean one size fits all."
Richard said with a nod.
"I am sure the lady will be glad to hear you can made custom pieces for her if she should want some."

[Jeffry's Office]

He nodded, "A cuppa would be good, thank you. It appears he is a member of Kira's labyrinth; she knows him, and is friends with his apprentice."

"Well I hope you told her when trying to convince her to give him up that the Chronomancer will be a much more tempting target than his apprentice, who might escape while we are busy with their teacher."
Jeffry replied as he busied himself with adding herbs to an infuser and dropping it in a cup before adding boiling water and then handing the cup to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright just leave that to steep."

He grinned, "It's hardly rude when you yourself are one of the two participants in the conversation, but that's rather beside the point."

"True enough Mr Wainwright...true enough, but as I exist at this future point and in this point at the same ehm...time it is not really scrying, but rather time co locating."
Crexia said with a bit of a smile.

He frowned, "I'm fairly sure I asked you for the picture of the vampiress, Mr. Yager... Well, if she hasn't finished that yet, we can go over another immediate security concern first; it appears the Fae individual that's decided to stalk our young artist is a Banshee. Admittedly, I was pulled back to the present after 'Ban', but I don't know of any other supernatural beings beginning with that syllable. Except the Bandersnatch, but I truly hope we're not up against some whimsy concocted by Lewis Carrol."

"Hum...I have heard about them. Fae ghosts I believe..."
Crexia said and Jeffry nodded.
"We are going to have to speak with Mara about that."
He said with a frown.
"And probably a non Hermetic will have to deal with the issue as we have pretty strict laws when it comes to the Fae...for very good reasons."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:04 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Nah... just checking an address.' Nicole replied. 'Hopefully, we'll get the proper target soon, so we can hit them and get this shit over and done with.'

Anja's Post:

'Fuck... so no Tass, poison gas or a dimensional gate?' Nicole replied. 'Are the Cryptids on a intercept course?'

[Where are they at the moment? In moving car on road outside the warehouse, right?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Adley wrote:Adley was standing next to Helena, and when Serge came in he nodded to him. "Sergius." He frowned when he heard Lily's name and he put two and two together over where Lita had come from.

"Adlius." Serge said with a nod, trying to keep a straight face before cracking a small grin and saying, "Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?"

Anja wrote:"My young Sodalis are far to polite, it seams a chair is open Mr Yager."

Serge took a seat as indicated, not seeming surprised when the archmaga guessed on what was happening in the basement. A mixture of the primus, master Sharaya, and his own cabal leader had made him quite used to people knowing more than they should.

"Man, I wanna be able to do cool 'all-knowing' mage stuff like that." he said with a grin. "And your right Master Crexia. Lita is currently working on a picture of Kira's vampire girlfriend. The one who she attempted to kill during her hunter days."

Colin wrote:He frowned, "I'm fairly sure I asked you for the picture of the vampiress, Mr. Yager... Well, if she hasn't finished that yet, we can go over another immediate security concern first; it appears the Fae individual that's decided to stalk our young artist is a Banshee. Admittedly, I was pulled back to the present after 'Ban', but I don't know of any other supernatural beings beginning with that syllable. Except the Bandersnatch, but I truly hope we're not up against some whimsy concocted by Lewis Carrol."

"What? Really?" Serge said pulling out his phone and checking the message again, only now coming to realize his mistake and realizing why Master Crexia had ask him that question in the first place. "Oh goddammit. Sorry about that. Anyways, yeah she's not done that picture so I couldn't bring it anyways."

Colin wrote:He frowned, "I'm fairly sure I asked you for the picture of the vampiress, Mr. Yager... Well, if she hasn't finished that yet, we can go over another immediate security concern first; it appears the Fae individual that's decided to stalk our young artist is a Banshee. Admittedly, I was pulled back to the present after 'Ban', but I don't know of any other supernatural beings beginning with that syllable. Except the Bandersnatch, but I truly hope we're not up against some whimsy concocted by Lewis Carrol.
Anja wrote:"Hum...I have heard about them. Fae ghosts I believe..."
He said with a frown.
"And probably a non Hermetic will have to deal with the issue as we have pretty strict laws when it comes to the Fae...for very good reasons."

"Yeah I wanted to ask about that. Fae ghosts huh. Knew about the fae part but not the ghost part. Didn't know that was a thing. Sounds awesome. The concept, not the fact that I'm being stalked by one." Serge said leaning back into his chair. "If it's a ghost as well as fae would would speaking to some of our Euthanatos members help as well?"

(OOC: Fuck, this is the second time I misread an IC text message. I completely glossed over the word vampire in Colin's message. Sorry about that guys. I'll try to read posts more carefully next time.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:24 pm

[Boston]

'Nah... just checking an address.' Nicole replied. 'Hopefully, we'll get the proper target soon, so we can hit them and get this shit over and done with.'

"Ok...let me know if you need anything else, and yeah I would be happy to see all of this over and done with."
The other Etherite said with a sigh.

Fuck... so no Tass, poison gas or a dimensional gate?' Nicole replied. 'Are the Cryptids on a intercept course?'

"Like I said you can cross space and Ephemera with the portal device so it will take you to other dimensions."
Jon said.
"But the only Tass are the juice in the device itself. No the Umbroods are heading in our direction but not far, they do not leave the area they are set to guard it seams."
The Virtual Adept said as he looked down at his phone and watched the small dots on it move.

(OOC: Yes the car is outside the whorehouse.)

Serge took a seat as indicated, not seeming surprised when the archmaga guessed on what was happening in the basement. A mixture of the primus, master Sharaya, and his own cabal leader had made him quite used to people knowing more than they should.

"Man, I wanna be able to do cool 'all-knowing' mage stuff like that." he said with a grin. "And your right Master Crexia. Lita is currently working on a picture of Kira's vampire girlfriend. The one who she attempted to kill during her hunter days."

"Are you sure you want that child? After all you can not have both, the joy of discovery and greater knowledge, I suspect you are far to Dynamic for such a Static magick."
Crexia said with a chuckle.
"And that is good we will need that drawing rather soon."

"What? Really?" Serge said pulling out his phone and checking the message again, only now coming to realize his mistake and realizing why Master Crexia had ask him that question in the first place. "Oh goddammit. Sorry about that. Anyways, yeah she's not done that picture so I couldn't bring it anyways."

"No harm done Mr Yager we can get the drawing when the young woman is done with it."
The archmaga replied.
"Though carefully reading your letters might be a good habit to develop."

"Yeah I wanted to ask about that. Fae ghosts huh. Knew about the fae part but not the ghost part. Didn't know that was a thing. Sounds awesome. The concept, not the fact that I'm being stalked by one." Serge said leaning back into his chair. "If it's a ghost as well as fae would would speaking to some of our Euthanatos members help as well?"

"Perhaps so, I have to admit to not knowing enough about their kind to be sure. I do think Deaconess O'Connor might be a better source of information to start with."
Crexia said.
"For I suspect a fae ghost will be quite different from a regular one, as their kind are one part flesh and one part dreams."

(OOC: I can see Serge making that mistake. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:35 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:Kira looked rather conflicted.
"Listen...I can't, his apprentice is my friend I do not want her killed, and as for the Chronomancer he...hurt Lita so..."
You got the feeling that hurting Lita was a good way to end up on Kira's shit list.
"But if he is taken down, chances are his apprentice is as well."
Colin nodded, "I understand. I won't press it now, but we might come back to ask about the Chronomancer later."

Anja wrote:"I guess...but I don't like it there...I don't like something jutting out of my skin...not after...the basement."
Kira muttered and she looked down at her arm and shuddered.
"Those nails, all jutting out of my flesh, they...they.."
The girl started crying again and Richard gave you a stern look.
"Shh...Kira it is over...shhh."
He muttered softly.
He frowned, "Ah, damn... sorry, I didn't mean to remind you of that. The nails are gone, they won't bother you again."

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"Well I hope you told her when trying to convince her to give him up that the Chronomancer will be a much more tempting target than his apprentice, who might escape while we are busy with their teacher."
Jeffry replied as he busied himself with adding herbs to an infuser and dropping it in a cup before adding boiling water and then handing the cup to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright just leave that to steep."
He sighed and accepted the cup, "I did suggest that things happen on the battlefield, and that there's no way to guarantee a live capture will be viable... but she doesn't want to give him up. I dropped the subject for now, though I will probably have to ask her again later. Possibly in a better warded room than the infirmary."

Anja wrote:"True enough Mr Wainwright...true enough, but as I exist at this future point and in this point at the same ehm...time it is not really scrying, but rather time co locating."
Crexia said with a bit of a smile.
He nodded, "I expect I'll get the hang of that, well, in due time."

Jeremy wrote:Serge took a seat as indicated, not seeming surprised when the archmaga guessed on what was happening in the basement. A mixture of the primus, master Sharaya, and his own cabal leader had made him quite used to people knowing more than they should.

"Man, I wanna be able to do cool 'all-knowing' mage stuff like that." he said with a grin. "And your exactly right Master Crexia. Lita is currently working on a picture of Kira's vampire girlfriend. The one who she attempted to kill during her hunter days."
Anja wrote:"Are you sure you want that child? After all you can not have both, the joy of discovery and greater knowledge, I suspect you are far to Dynamic for such a Static magick."
Jeremy wrote:"What? Really?" Serge said pulling out his phone and checking the message again, only now coming to realize his mistake. "Oh goddammit. Sorry about that. Anyways, yeah she's not done that picture anyways."
Anja wrote:"No harm done Mr Yager we can get the drawing when the young woman is done with it."
The archmaga replied.
He nodded, "I'm going to skip over a few details regarding things that haven't happened yet - and that we might be able to avoid altogether. Lily's vampire lover is named Liliandra, she runs the Steel Rose night club in Seattle, which is a front for some... very explicit video production. I'd rather not go into detail as to the nature of the videos, suffice to say that the participants seldom consent or survive... We'll get some help from a certain pair of Cultists in Chicago, as well as a number of Virtual Adepts in tracking down Liliandra, after negotiating with the largest Chantries in Seattle to conduct operations in their Tribunal, and capture her, posting a video to Lily informing her that Liliandra would be executed for her crimes in three days. On the day of the execution, Lily arrives in a heroic prison break attempt, bringing some six dozen people with her, a third of which are Nephandi who owe her favours, the rest an assortment of pawns. Ah, I should point out that the good Lady Crexia discovered the link between Lily and Liliandra when examining Lita's mind."
He sipped the tea, "This is the part where things get interesting: Jace doesn't have the Psychopomp. He entrusted a girl whom he called 'his Forest' to Lily, to not be harmed, but concealed under Lily's Arcane. We know the magnitude of Lily's forces, we know the bait that can bring her in... this time we can get her, and we don't have just Kira's soul to barter for with Lily's life this time - we've got the whole world at stake."

Anja wrote:"Hum...I have heard about them. Fae ghosts I believe..."
He said with a frown.
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah I wanted to ask about that. Fae ghosts. Knew about the fae part but not the ghost part. Sounds awesome. The concept, not the fact that I'm being stalked by one." Serge said leaning back into his chair. Glancing at Colin he said, "If it's a ghost as well as fae would would speaking to some of our Euthanatos members help as well?"
Anja wrote:"Perhaps so, I have to admit to not knowing enough about their kind to be sure. I do think Deaconess O'Connor might be a better source of information to start with."
Crexia said.
"For I suspect a fae ghost will be quite different from a regular one, as their kind are one part flesh and one part dreams."
He nodded, "I suggest getting some goodly chunks of iron for protection whenever Mr. Yager leaves the Chantry. I'm sure Mr. King could be of assistance with that. Perhaps a thin layer of armor plating in a jacket, a ring on each hand, that sort of thing."

He took another sip of the tea, not a twitch betraying the amusement he felt at watching the others' expressions, "Oh, yes, and as soon as Miss Alexander wakes up, she will try to ground herself with that spell you taught her back when the whole miserable affair began, Adley. Except she will be a bit confused and distraught as it will be her first Dynamic spell. By far not her last; over the coming months, she'll do that increasingly often, but Dr. Lee is aware and ready to calm her down and explain when it happens."

((OOC: Well, I suppose the mistake is a very Serge thing to make, so it rather fits the character, if nothing else. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 pm

"Yes I spoke with the Mercere."
Jeffry replied.
"It was a message sent from the Umbra Port, from the good doctor, some news about the sickness. I sent the messanger up to Dr Lee he will understand the information better than me."
Your Mentor said.
"I have a meeting with Dr Lee later so he can explain it all to me."

He nodded at the reply.

"Adlius." Serge said with a nod, trying to keep a straight face before cracking a small grin and saying, "Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?"

He smiled a bit at that, though overall he seemed tense, as if ready for something to happen soon. "Different roots..." he said but did not spare explanation.

"Hum...I have heard about them. Fae ghosts I believe..."
He said with a frown.
"Perhaps so, I have to admit to not knowing enough about their kind to be sure. I do think Deaconess O'Connor might be a better source of information to start with."
Crexia said.

"Great, just what we don't need, malicious, possibly undead fae."

He nodded, "I'm going to skip over a few details regarding things that haven't happened yet - and that we might be able to avoid altogether. Lily's vampire lover is named Liliandra, she runs the Steel Rose night club in Seattle, which is a front for some... very explicit video production. I'd rather not go into detail as to the nature of the videos, suffice to say that the participants seldom consent or survive... We'll get some help from a certain pair of Cultists in Chicago, as well as a number of Virtual Adepts in tracking down Liliandra, after negotiating with the largest Chantries in Seattle to conduct operations in their Tribunal, and capture her, posting a video to Lily informing her that Liliandra would be executed for her crimes in three days. On the day of the execution, Lily arrives in a heroic prison break attempt, bringing some six dozen people with her, a third of which are Nephandi who owe her favours, the rest an assortment of pawns. Ah, I should point out that the good Lady Crexia discovered the link between Lily and Liliandra when examining Lita's mind."

He glanced over at Crexia as he absorbed all this sudden information. "I don't suppose what you found out had something to do with those cities?" First San Francisco, then Chicago, Boston and then Seattle.

He sipped the tea, "This is the part where things get interesting: Jace doesn't have the Psychopomp. He entrusted a girl whom he called 'his Forest' to Lily, to not be harmed, but concealed under Lily's Arcane. We know the magnitude of Lily's forces, we know the bait that can bring her in... this time we can get her, and we don't have just Kira's soul to barter for with Lily's life this time - we've got the whole world at stake."

He looked surprised at the mention of finding The Forest and then leaned forward slightly as if that would help him understand all this better. A lot of it was horrible news, but all of it was useful to prevent the worst...he hoped.

He took another sip of the tea, not a twitch betraying the amusement he felt at watching the others' expressions, "Oh, yes, and as soon as Miss Alexander wakes up, she will try to ground herself with that spell you taught her back when the whole miserable affair began, Adley. Except she will be a bit confused and distraught as it will be her first Dynamic spell. By far not her last; over the coming months, she'll do that increasingly often, but Dr. Lee is aware and ready to calm her down and explain when it happens."

"Truly?!" he said, eyes lighting up. Even though he'd heard a ton of worrysome things triplicating on all the rest they knew, this made him seem most hopeful. "Wonderful...wonderful..." He repeated the word to himself in Enochian, grinning at him.

// we all miss stuff sometimes!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 am

Anja wrote:"Are you sure you want that child? After all you can not have both, the joy of discovery and greater knowledge, I suspect you are far to Dynamic for such a Static magick."

"It'd be a cool way to impress some people. But yeah it'd probably get a bit dull after a while. You'd never be surprised anymore." Serge conceded to the wiser mage.

Anja wrote:"No harm done Mr Yager we can get the drawing when the young woman is done with it."
The archmaga replied.

"Yeah, I'll try. It's...been a very long day." Serge said with a sigh. Indeed, similar to Adley, Serge did look quite fatigued. While he tried to hide it behind a cheerful attitude and bright smiles, his breathing was heavy and he had a tired look in his eyes. While many of those in the room were more used to hectic days, Serge was much more used to sitting still for hours at a time.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "I'm going to skip over a few details regarding things that haven't happened yet - and that we might be able to avoid altogether. Lily's vampire lover is named Liliandra, she runs the Steel Rose night club in Seattle, which is a front for some... very explicit video production. I'd rather not go into detail as to the nature of the videos, suffice to say that the participants seldom consent or survive... We'll get some help from a certain pair of Cultists in Chicago, as well as a number of Virtual Adepts in tracking down Liliandra, after negotiating with the largest Chantries in Seattle to conduct operations in their Tribunal, and capture her, posting a video to Lily informing her that Liliandra would be executed for her crimes in three days. On the day of the execution, Lily arrives in a heroic prison break attempt, bringing some six dozen people with her, a third of which are Nephandi who owe her favours, the rest an assortment of pawns. Ah, I should point out that the good Lady Crexia discovered the link between Lily and Liliandra when examining Lita's mind."
Colin wrote:He glanced over at Crexia as he absorbed all this sudden information. "I don't suppose what you found out had something to do with those cities?" First San Francisco, then Chicago, Boston and then Seattle.

Serge took the moment to rest and paid close attention to Colin's word, now more keen on trying to remember all the important details when it was told to him. He absorbed the information, feeling weight down by the scope of the Colin's words, and thought about it for a moment before saying, "So we have the proper bait. We just need to set the proper trap now right? Did you figure out a date for all of these things? Like, when did we do all these things? A multi-chantry heist in another city must have happened a while from now right?"

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so, I have to admit to not knowing enough about their kind to be sure. I do think Deaconess O'Connor might be a better source of information to start with."
Crexia said.
Anja wrote:He nodded, "I suggest getting some goodly chunks of iron for protection whenever Mr. Yager leaves the Chantry. I'm sure Mr. King could be of assistance with that. Perhaps a thin layer of armor plating in a jacket, a ring on each hand, that sort of thing."

"Would a fae ghost still have a weakness to cold iron? Can't they just phase through it?" Serge wondered. "Anyways I'll go ask the Deaconess about this fae ghost after this meeting. I have a picture of her that I can show her."

Serge thought for a moment about the being that attacked him and then, glancing at the Security Chief, he asked, "Master Morgan. Sorry if this is a dumb question but, does the ward around the chantry protect against dream or astral intrusions? I ask because, fae's are pretty into dreams from what I've gathered and ghosts in legends always seem to have a sort of....nightmare intrusion abilities. Wouldn't be surprised if this fae ghost had something similar."

Colin wrote:He took another sip of the tea, not a twitch betraying the amusement he felt at watching the others' expressions, "Oh, yes, and as soon as Miss Alexander wakes up, she will try to ground herself with that spell you taught her back when the whole miserable affair began, Adley. Except she will be a bit confused and distraught as it will be her first Dynamic spell. By far not her last; over the coming months, she'll do that increasingly often, but Dr. Lee is aware and ready to calm her down and explain when it happens."
Adley wrote:"Truly?!" he said, eyes lighting up. Even though he'd heard a ton of worrysome things triplicating on all the rest they knew, this made him seem most hopeful. "Wonderful...wonderful..." He repeated the word to himself in Enochian, grinning at him.

"What! Really!" Serge said with much more outward enthusiasm, nearly leaping out of his seat at the information. "Why didn't you start with that? So her magick isn't nephandic anymore? That's awesome!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am

[Infirmary]

Colin nodded, "I understand. I won't press it now, but we might come back to ask about the Chronomancer later."

"Yeah...listen I can not give you his name, but he is a nasty piece of work so be careful. But I can.."
Kira hesitated.
"I can tell you that he is really, really afraid of cats...I mean absurd afraid of cats, no one in the Labyrinth are allowed to keep cats and he is even nervous around my Maneki Neko collection, often he will recoil from anywhere he is watching where there are cats. I do not know why that is but I mean a cat got close to him once and this grown man started to cry and fled."
She informed you.
"So yeah...if you want to be safe from this man stay close to cats...ehm it is okey for me to say that right? Right? That is not betraying him right?"
The Nephanda asked nervous that she had said to much.

He frowned, "Ah, damn... sorry, I didn't mean to remind you of that. The nails are gone, they won't bother you again."

Kira still cried.
"I don't want anything...jutting out of me!"
She bawled and she lifted her hands and clumsily tried to rip at her earrings. Richard stopped her gently.
"No...no you will hurt yourself, if you want your earrings studs out I will help you."
He said and he gently took out the two little silver studs Kira wore in each ear.
"Shh...they are out...all is fine now kid...try to eat a bit more and rest...please."
He said but Kira was still bawling.

[Jeffry's Office]

He sighed and accepted the cup, "I did suggest that things happen on the battlefield, and that there's no way to guarantee a live capture will be viable... but she doesn't want to give him up. I dropped the subject for now, though I will probably have to ask her again later. Possibly in a better warded room than the infirmary."

"Well if the kid are friends with the Chronomancer's apprentice chances she do not want her to be killed in battle either."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"But yes we can get back to that later."
Crexia frowned a little.
"How is Kira doing Mr Wainwright...have her hands been healed?"

He nodded, "I expect I'll get the hang of that, well, in due time."

"You will indeed my good man."
The archmage replied with a mysterious smile.

Jeffry was silent while you spoke then when you was done he nodded and put his coffee cup down.
"So to summarize, Lily the slave trader have a massassa lover named Liliandra who own a nightclub in Seattle and Lily are willing to risk herself to protect this Massassa. Lily have a person this captured Psycopomp is imprisoned in, who is shrouded under her Arcane...hum...it sounds like I have to call some Chantries in Seattle."
The old Hermetic said.
"We can not give Lily several days to form a posse then, just enough time to react to her lover being about to be executed...hum..."

He nodded, "I suggest getting some goodly chunks of iron for protection whenever Mr. Yager leaves the Chantry. I'm sure Mr. King could be of assistance with that. Perhaps a thin layer of armor plating in a jacket, a ring on each hand, that sort of thing."

"Agreed."
Jeffry said.
"Will you get this for him Mr Wainwright and also remember that Mara is deathly allergic to cold iron, so be careful with it."
He added with a frown.

"That is...quite amazing do you think Miss Alexander is in the process of cleansing her soul?"
Jeffry asked.
"Is that even possible?"
Helena asked her eyes wide.

"Great, just what we don't need, malicious, possibly undead fae."

"The wonders never end eh."
Jeffry said wryly.
"Well we will deal with this threat as well."

He glanced over at Crexia as he absorbed all this sudden information. "I don't suppose what you found out had something to do with those cities?" First San Francisco, then Chicago, Boston and then Seattle.

"Other cities mea filius?"
Jeffry asked.
"What do you mean if this massassa woman have relations to other cities the Nephandi threat have been seen in?"

"Truly?!" he said, eyes lighting up. Even though he'd heard a ton of worrysome things triplicating on all the rest they knew, this made him seem most hopeful. "Wonderful...wonderful..." He repeated the word to himself in Enochian, grinning at him.

Jeffry smiled a little at that.

"It'd be a cool way to impress some people. But yeah it'd probably get a bit dull after a while. You'd never be surprised anymore." Serge conceded to the wiser mage.

"Impressing people young man is a useful tool, but it should be just that a tool for an end, if you live just to impress others it is really them controlling you and not the other way around."
The Tytalus said as she gazed up at you.

"Yeah, I'll try. It's...been a very long day." Serge said with a sigh. Indeed, similar to Adley, Serge did look quite fatigued. While he tried to hide it behind a cheerful attitude and bright smiles, his breathing was heavy and he had a tired look in his eyes. While many of those in the room were more used to hectic days, Serge was much more used to sitting still for hours at a time.

"Here child, you look like you could need this."
Crexia said and she pulled a chocolate bar out of her belt pouch, even if she herself did not seam to eat or drink.
"You look like you are in need of some refreshment young man."
The archmaga said before she handed that chocolate bar to you.

Serge took the moment to rest and paid close attention to Colin's word, now more keen on trying to remember all the important details when it was told to him. He absorbed the information, feeling weight down by the scope of the Colin's words, and thought about it for a moment before saying, "So we have the proper bait. We just need to set the proper trap now right? Did you figure out a date for all of these things? Like, when did we do all these things? A multi-chantry heist in another city must have happened a while from now right?"

"Correction we do not have the bait yet Mr Yager we need to get the bait and hook it on a stake."
Helena said.
"Indeed so Miss Mar, and we can not wait until the original date Mr Yager, we need to act quickly in order to change the original outcome."
Crexia replied.

"Would a fae ghost still have a weakness to cold iron? Can't they just phase through it?" Serge wondered. "Anyways I'll go ask the Deaconess about this fae ghost after this meeting. I have a picture of her that I can show her."

"I do not know for sure Mr Yager but I think chances are that these Fae spirits are still fae and still have their weaknesses but ues seeking out the aid of Deaconess O'Connor is a good idea."
The archmaga replied.

Serge thought for a moment about the being that attacked him and then, glancing at the Security Chief, he asked, "Master Morgan. Sorry if this is a dumb question but, does the ward around the chantry protect against dream or astral intrusions? I ask because, fae's are pretty into dreams from what I've gathered and ghosts in legends always seem to have a sort of....nightmare intrusion abilities. Wouldn't be surprised if this fae ghost had something similar."

"It is not a silly question Mr Yager, and the answer is no not directly but the wards are meant to push out anything magickal, anything supernatural so it should hold."
'Jeffry said then he frowned.
"But creating a mental ward as well is not a bad idea, you can not get to much protection. I will see to it as soon as there is time."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I fell asleep early yesterday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:59 am

[Jeffry's Office]

"Yeah, I'll try. It's...been a very long day." Serge said with a sigh.

"Some days feel longer than others."

"Hm, physical things can have a mirror manifestation in the near umbra, so perhaps it may. But by imbuing something solid with quintessence that item can be made to affect spirits, so perhaps imbuing cold iron would work...I am not sure though. Ghosts are not my forte, and fae ghosts less so."

"Other cities mea filius?"
Jeffry asked.
"What do you mean if this massassa woman have relations to other cities the Nephandi threat have been seen in?"

"No, sorry I'm not being clear." He took the board out and wrote: 'The entry for the current labyrinth, I was wondering if it were also in Seattle. I was also wondering if all of the ones we have fought are linked somehow.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am

[Jeffry's Office]

"Some days feel longer than others."

"Oh they are Sodalis, time is just an illusion so if we experience a day as longer it actually is."
Crexia commented.

"Hm, physical things can have a mirror manifestation in the near umbra, so perhaps it may. But by imbuing something solid with quintessence that item can be made to affect spirits, so perhaps imbuing cold iron would work...I am not sure though. Ghosts are not my forte, and fae ghosts less so."

"Hum...perhaps a cold iron ring or dagger, imbued with Quintessence then...it is worth a try, perhaps you can ask you Cabalmate Mr King to create such a item when he is done with his guard duty at the Node mea filius?"
Jeffry said with a frown.
"We still need some more information about this being that is after Mr Yager though, what do it want, and why is it intent on getting our young friend?"

"No, sorry I'm not being clear." He took the board out and wrote: 'The entry for the current labyrinth, I was wondering if it were also in Seattle. I was also wondering if all of the ones we have fought are linked somehow.'

Jeffry read what you had written and shook his head handing the board back.
"Not that I have been informed this far at least."
He told you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:44 am

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Yeah...listen I can not give you his name, but he is a nasty piece of work so be careful. But I can.."
Kira hesitated.
"I can tell you that he is really, really afraid of cats...I mean absurd afraid of cats, no one in the Labyrinth are allowed to keep cats and he is even nervous around my Maneki Neko collection, often he will recoil from anywhere he is watching where there are cats. I do not know why that is but I mean a cat got close to him once and this grown man started to cry and fled."
She informed you.
"So yeah...if you want to be safe from this man stay close to cats...ehm it is okey for me to say that right? Right? That is not betraying him right?"
The Nephanda asked nervous that she had said to much.
Colin nodded, "Thank you - if nothing else, that's a powerful weapon against him, and a good tool to identify him. Not as powerful as Lisa Larson's egg allergy, perhaps, but it will do wonderfully, I'm sure. Phobias are... not a thing to be taken lightly."

Anja wrote:Kira still cried.
"I don't want anything...jutting out of me!"
She bawled and she lifted her hands and clumsily tried to rip at her earrings. Richard stopped her gently.
"No...no you will hurt yourself, if you want your earrings studs out I will help you."
He said and he gently took out the two little silver studs Kira wore in each ear.
"Shh...they are out...all is fine now kid...try to eat a bit more and rest...please."
He said but Kira was still bawling.
He sighed and leaned over as Richard put the studs aside, and hugged Kira's head close to his chest, "There, there, you're safe here and now, no-one means to hurt you here..."
Thinking inwards, he added to Mia, 'Ah, a little help here?'

Anja wrote:"Well if the kid are friends with the Chronomancer's apprentice chances she do not want her to be killed in battle either."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"But yes we can get back to that later."
Crexia frowned a little.
"How is Kira doing Mr Wainwright...have her hands been healed?"
He nodded, "Quite. She did divulge, however, that the Chronomancer has a quite extreme case of ailurophobia, to the point of being unsettled by Kira's collection of Japanese lucky cat figurines. Bringing a cat along might be a very efficient way of identifying and disabling the fellow. The problem is finding a cat it would be ethical to bring to a labyrinth... ah, I suppose White Satan would do the trick..."
Frowning, he added, "Her hands are healed, they should be perfectly fine in a few days, once the swelling and aches have receded. The mind... is going to take a while longer. For now, however, she seems almost as worried you might decide you don't want her after all, as that someone night decide to stab her with pointed metal implements again... You might want to visit her soon, and talk things over with her... and tell her who she is. She and I are quite puzzled in that regard, still..."
He glanced around, "Though I'm sure it's not going to be something you want publicly announced..."

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, I'll try. It's...been a very long day." Serge said with a sigh. Indeed, similar to Adley, Serge did look quite fatigued. While he tried to hide it behind a cheerful attitude and bright smiles, his breathing was heavy and he had a tired look in his eyes. While many of those in the room were more used to hectic days, Serge was much more used to sitting still for hours at a time.
Anja wrote:"Here child, you look like you could need this."
Crexia said and she pulled a chocolate bar out of her belt pouch, even if she herself did not seam to eat or drink.
S7trif3 wrote:"Some days feel longer than others."
Anja wrote:"Oh they are Sodalis, time is just an illusion so if we experience a day as longer it actually is."
Crexia commented.
He shrugged, "Well, that explains school days... the way my fifth year history teacher explained the Hundred Years War, one would think he meant to fit it all into a single term in real time. He... was not good at instilling enthusiasm in his pupils. Very good with remembering exact information, not good with people... Also, Mr. Yager, we need to work on your physical endurance; if you can't maintain the energy to run up and down a few flights of stairs a few times in a day, that's not going to cut it. I'm not asking you to start running marathons, just... reach a minimum level of fitness that won't force me to toss you over my shoulder in a crisis."

Anja wrote:Jeffry was silent while you spoke then when you was done he nodded and put his coffee cup down.
"So to summarize, Lily the slave trader have a massassa lover named Liliandra who own a nightclub in Seattle and Lily are willing to risk herself to protect this Massassa. Lily have a person this captured Psycopomp is imprisoned in, who is shrouded under her Arcane...hum...it sounds like I have to call some Chantries in Seattle."
The old Hermetic said.
"We can not give Lily several days to form a posse then, just enough time to react to her lover being about to be executed...hum..."
He nodded, "That about sums it up. In the previous timeline, she had three days, and amassed quite an army - and we were unable to capture her. Give her two days, she should have less time to act... one day, she might not see the message in time... It's going to be a bit tricky to pin down."

S7trif3 wrote:He glanced over at Crexia as he absorbed all this sudden information. "I don't suppose what you found out had something to do with those cities?" First San Francisco, then Chicago, Boston and then Seattle.
Anja wrote:"Other cities mea filius?"
Jeffry asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"No, sorry I'm not being clear." He took the board out and wrote: 'The entry for the current labyrinth, I was wondering if it were also in Seattle. I was also wondering if all of the ones we have fought are linked somehow.'
Anja wrote:Jeffry read what you had written and shook his head handing the board back.
"Not that I have been informed this far at least."
He told you.
He arched an eyebrow, "I don't think there's any significant connection, except perhaps Lily doing business in them all. And I suspect no Labyrinths are large enough to maintain entrances in multiple cities; I'm given to understand they are strictly confined to the shadow of their worldly locations, with the associated range restrictions."

Jeremy wrote:Serge took the moment to rest and paid close attention to Colin's word, now more keen on trying to remember all the important details when it was told to him. He absorbed the information, feeling weight down by the scope of the Colin's words, and thought about it for a moment before saying, "So we have the proper bait. We just need to set the proper trap now right? Did you figure out a date for all of these things? Like, when did we do all these things? A multi-chantry heist in another city must have happened a while from now right?"
Anja wrote:"Correction we do not have the bait yet Mr Yager we need to get the bait and hook it on a stake."
Helena said.
"Indeed so Miss Mar, and we can not wait until the original date Mr Yager, we need to act quickly in order to change the original outcome."
Crexia replied.
He arched an eyebrow, "A 'heist' might not be the most appropriate term for it, but it was a very hastily assembled strike team, responding to... an abduction, a girl in Anna's therapy group, about four months from now. We... didn't get there in time. And we can bloody well not afford to wait four months for a crime to happen, when we have the information we need from the present, and the impetus to act on it from the future."

Anja wrote:"Agreed."
Jeffry said.
"Will you get this for him Mr Wainwright and also remember that Mara is deathly allergic to cold iron, so be careful with it."
He added with a frown.
S7trif3 wrote:"Great, just what we don't need, malicious, possibly undead fae."
Anja wrote:"The wonders never end eh."
Jeffry said wryly.
"Well we will deal with this threat as well."
Jeremy wrote:"Would a fae ghost still have a weakness to cold iron? Can't they just phase through it?" Serge wondered. "Anyways I'll go ask the Deaconess about this fae ghost after this meeting. I have a picture of her that I can show her."

Anja wrote:"I do not know for sure Mr Yager but I think chances are that these Fae spirits are still fae and still have their weaknesses but ues seeking out the aid of Deaconess O'Connor is a good idea."
The archmaga replied.
Anja wrote:"It is not a silly question Mr Yager, and the answer is no not directly but the wards are meant to push out anything magickal, anything supernatural so it should hold."
"But creating a mental ward as well is not a bad idea, you can not get to much protection. I will see to it as soon as there is time."
S7trif3 wrote:"Hm, physical things can have a mirror manifestation in the near umbra, so perhaps it may. But by imbuing something solid with quintessence that item can be made to affect spirits, so perhaps imbuing cold iron would work...I am not sure though. Ghosts are not my forte, and fae ghosts less so."
Anja wrote:"Hum...perhaps a cold iron ring or dagger, imbued with Quintessence then...it is worth a try, perhaps you can ask you Cabalmate Mr King to create such a item when he is done with his guard duty at the Node mea filius?"
"We still need some more information about this being that is after Mr Yager though, what do it want, and why is it intent on getting our young friend?"
He nodded, "I believe Mr. King is best suited to provide the most suitable items, as I rather exclusively work with softer metals. As for whether Banshees are susceptible, what I know of Irish folklore suggests to me they are as vulnerable to iron as any other Fey, or even Kiasyd. And I believe some manner of shielded cabinet in relatively close proximity to the front door would be best suited, to allow Lady Mara to pass safely, while keeping the necessary anti-Fae utilities within close reach."
He pondered for a moment, "I wonder if a lead-lined cabinet would do the trick? Better ask her; can't risk her getting burnt just because we failed to take the proper precautions."

S7trif3 wrote:"Truly?!" he said, eyes lighting up. Even though he'd heard a ton of worrysome things triplicating on all the rest they knew, this made him seem most hopeful. "Wonderful...wonderful..." He repeated the word to himself in Enochian, grinning at him.
Anja wrote:Jeffry smiled a little at that.
Jeremy wrote:"What! Really!" Serge said with much more outward enthusiasm, nearly leaping out of his seat at the information. "Why didn't you start with that? So her magick isn't nephandic anymore? That's awesome!"
Anja wrote:"That is...quite amazing do you think Miss Alexander is in the process of cleansing her soul?"
Jeffry asked.
"Is that even possible?"
Helena asked her eyes wide.
He smiled smugly, "Of course I couldn't open with that; if I did, I wouldn't get to see the sudden happy expressions on your faces. And yes, her Avatar is beginning on its way home. Over the next half a year, at least, her magic will become Dynamic with increasing frequency, though for some time, most of her spells will still be Qlippothic. Still, it's a huge step in the right direction, and yes, Miss Mar, it's not only possible, it's been done before, and will again."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:39 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin nodded, "Thank you - if nothing else, that's a powerful weapon against him, and a good tool to identify him. Not as powerful as Lisa Larson's egg allergy, perhaps, but it will do wonderfully, I'm sure. Phobias are... not a thing to be taken lightly."

"Lisa Larson could not have eggs? I did not know that."
Kira said then she nodded.
"Yeah he will not be in a room with a cat, they terrify him though, it is odd though cats are so cute."

He sighed and leaned over as Richard put the studs aside, and hugged Kira's head close to his chest, "There, there, you're safe here and now, no-one means to hurt you here..."
Thinking inwards, he added to Mia, 'Ah, a little help here?'

"I was helpless...I could not stop her!"
Kira bawled.
"I do not want anything jutting out of me again!"
The girl cried against your chest and Mia sigh and put her hand against the hysterical girl's cheek. Kira cried for a bit bun then she fell asleep, perhaps due to Mia's influence.
"It will take time."
The soul said with another time."

He nodded, "Quite. She did divulge, however, that the Chronomancer has a quite extreme case of ailurophobia, to the point of being unsettled by Kira's collection of Japanese lucky cat figurines. Bringing a cat along might be a very efficient way of identifying and disabling the fellow. The problem is finding a cat it would be ethical to bring to a labyrinth... ah, I suppose White Satan would do the trick..."

"Are you sure it would be ethical to inflict White Satan on the Nephandi?"
Jeffry joked.
"I think the two ladies who own the little white pest might take offense at us kidnapping their pet to use as a weapon though."
The old Hermetic commented.
"Hum...I do believe Miss Day have a contact who is a wercat...if so we might get this person to agree to help us, and that might be more kind than to bring a defenseless animal along..."

Frowning, he added, "Her hands are healed, they should be perfectly fine in a few days, once the swelling and aches have receded. The mind... is going to take a while longer. For now, however, she seems almost as worried you might decide you don't want her after all, as that someone night decide to stab her with pointed metal implements again... You might want to visit her soon, and talk things over with her... and tell her who she is. She and I are quite puzzled in that regard, still..."
He glanced around, "Though I'm sure it's not going to be something you want publicly announced..."

"No one will harm her again if I can help it!"
Crexia announced then she sigh.
"Yes it will take time and I will give her that time, she do not have to worry though, as soon as there is time I will have her Mentor give her over to me as an apprentice, then she will have every protection that comes with having an Archmage as a Mentor, if she can not forgive me I will transfer her to another after her trial, if she can forgive me I will train her and take care of her."
She swore before she nodded.
"I will go and see her, tell her who she was...and I will tell you Mr Wainwright since you are involved in this but no I do not want it to be announced for the world, I value my privacy."

He shrugged, "Well, that explains school days... the way my fifth year history teacher explained the Hundred Years War, one would think he meant to fit it all into a single term in real time. He... was not good at instilling enthusiasm in his pupils. Very good with remembering exact information, not good with people...

"Many such teachers, who can do nothing but kill the enthusiasm of their students where once faeries until Paradox killed their fay side and they are left as black holes for creativity, enthusiasm and fun."
Crexia replied.
"Though some are off course regular people who just are better researchers than teachers."

He nodded, "That about sums it up. In the previous timeline, she had three days, and amassed quite an army - and we were unable to capture her. Give her two days, she should have less time to act... one day, she might not see the message in time... It's going to be a bit tricky to pin down."

"We might have to give her two days to respond...through I do not like it, I would rather get her sooner. Well in either case we can discuss that when we have the massassa woman in our custody."
"Hum..I might have to talk with Miss Bouchard or Mr Miles as I believe the main Chantry of the Seattle Tribunal are an Sons of Ether Research Chantry."

He arched an eyebrow, "I don't think there's any significant connection, except perhaps Lily doing business in them all. And I suspect no Labyrinths are large enough to maintain entrances in multiple cities; I'm given to understand they are strictly confined to the shadow of their worldly locations, with the associated range restrictions."

"Agreed."
The old Hermetic said with a nod of his head.

He arched an eyebrow, "A 'heist' might not be the most appropriate term for it, but it was a very hastily assembled strike team, responding to... an abduction, a girl in Anna's therapy group, about four months from now. We... didn't get there in time. And we can bloody well not afford to wait four months for a crime to happen, when we have the information we need from the present, and the impetus to act on it from the future."

"This kidnapped woman, from the therapy group, is she in danger now do you believe Mr Wainwright? Will she need to be warned?"
The old Flambeau said.
"But no we are not waiting. I assume we have gotten this information early for a reason so that we can act now, and put an end to these plans of the Fallen."

He nodded, "I believe Mr. King is best suited to provide the most suitable items, as I rather exclusively work with softer metals. As for whether Banshees are susceptible, what I know of Irish folklore suggests to me they are as vulnerable to iron as any other Fey, or even Kiasyd. And I believe some manner of shielded cabinet in relatively close proximity to the front door would be best suited, to allow Lady Mara to pass safely, while keeping the necessary anti-Fae utilities within close reach."
He pondered for a moment, "I wonder if a lead-lined cabinet would do the trick? Better ask her; can't risk her getting burnt just because we failed to take the proper precautions."

"Indeed do ask Mara, she is a member of my Cabal and I will not allow any harm to come to her."
Jeffry said.
"But yes seek out my Cabalmate for information on this danger and what can be done and then ask for the aid of Mr King to manufacture the iron protections seams to me to be the best course of action."
He continued with a nod.

He smiled smugly, "Of course I couldn't open with that; if I did, I wouldn't get to see the sudden happy expressions on your faces. And yes, her Avatar is beginning on its way home. Over the next half a year, at least, her magic will become Dynamic with increasing frequency, though for some time, most of her spells will still be Qlippothic. Still, it's a huge step in the right direction, and yes, Miss Mar, it's not only possible, it's been done before, and will again."

"Well that is quite good news, we are going to have to make sure Miss Alexander is protected, we know from what happened to Miss Florentine that there are many who would want to stop this progress she is making...in the most fatal of ways. If she have really started to revert her Avatar to the light I do not believe the girl should leave the Chantry alone, not until a certain conspiracy have been well and truly rooted out of our society."
The Security Chief said as he picked up his cup again and sipped his coffee.
"Just to be on the safe side."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:14 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Lisa Larson could not have eggs? I did not know that."
Kira said then she nodded.
"Yeah he will not be in a room with a cat, they terrify him though, it is odd though cats are so cute."
Colin smiled thinly, "She obviously kept it a very close secret, since that meant she could not be vaccinated against a certain nasty trick Jace had cooked up... suffice to say, finding out that weakness spelled her quite ironic and unpleasant doom. As for the Chronomancer, well, that's the thing about phobias - they're not rational."

Anja wrote:"I was helpless...I could not stop her!"
Kira bawled.
"I do not want anything jutting out of me again!"
The girl cried against your chest and Mia sigh and put her hand against the hysterical girl's cheek. Kira cried for a bit bun then she fell asleep, perhaps due to Mia's influence.
"It will take time."
The soul said with another time."
He waited patiently for Kira to calm town, gently stroking her hair, and then gently lowered her back to her pillow, "Sleep now, child... things are getting better..."
Turning to Richard, he added, "And sorry about that, again..."

Anja wrote:"Are you sure it would be ethical to inflict White Satan on the Nephandi?"
Jeffry joked.
"I think the two ladies who own the little white pest might take offense at us kidnapping their pet to use as a weapon though."
The old Hermetic commented.
"Hum...I do believe Miss Day have a contact who is a wercat...if so we might get this person to agree to help us, and that might be more kind than to bring a defenseless animal along..."
He grinned, "No, I wouldn't want even that cat to accidentally eat something that might give it food poisoning or some exotic illness. A werecat, however, would probably be better. Perhaps the Verbena have a shapeshifter in the city who takes that form?"

Anja wrote:"No one will harm her again if I can help it!"
Crexia announced then she sigh.
"Yes it will take time and I will give her that time, she do not have to worry though, as soon as there is time I will have her Mentor give her over to me as an apprentice, then she will have every protection that comes with having an Archmage as a Mentor, if she can not forgive me I will transfer her to another after her trial, if she can forgive me I will train her and take care of her."
She swore before she nodded.
"I will go and see her, tell her who she was...and I will tell you Mr Wainwright since you are involved in this but no I do not want it to be announced for the world, I value my privacy."
He nodded, "In your own time, then - there's no rush, I presume. And I think she'll come to appreciate you quite well. Even if you might have to, hm, bribe her affection at first."

Anja wrote:"Many such teachers, who can do nothing but kill the enthusiasm of their students where once faeries until Paradox killed their fay side and they are left as black holes for creativity, enthusiasm and fun."
Crexia replied.
"Though some are off course regular people who just are better researchers than teachers."
He frowned, "Well, bugger, that would explain... well, no matter now; that's in the past."

Anja wrote:"We might have to give her two days to respond...through I do not like it, I would rather get her sooner. Well in either case we can discuss that when we have the massassa woman in our custody."
"Hum..I might have to talk with Miss Bouchard or Mr Miles as I believe the main Chantry of the Seattle Tribunal are an Sons of Ether Research Chantry."
He nodded, "We also need Master Nassa's, ah, contacts, I suspect, to ensure we get full control of the vampiress' computers right away."

Anja wrote:"This kidnapped woman, from the therapy group, is she in danger now do you believe Mr Wainwright? Will she need to be warned?"
The old Flambeau said.
"But no we are not waiting. I assume we have gotten this information early for a reason so that we can act now, and put an end to these plans of the Fallen."
He shook his head, "I believe the woman is safe for now; her name is Marleena Fuller, a Cultist who had been used as an experiment subject by the bloody Progenitors... but the vampire won't abduct her until March, and, well, no Liliandra or Lily should mean no abduction. And we didn't get the information about Liliandra now, so much as the significance of what information we have being pointed out to us. We still need to go via the portrait Lita is making."

Anja wrote:"Indeed do ask Mara, she is a member of my Cabal and I will not allow any harm to come to her."
Jeffry said.
"But yes seek out my Cabalmate for information on this danger and what can be done and then ask for the aid of Mr King to manufacture the iron protections seams to me to be the best course of action."
He continued with a nod.
He nodded, "As I understand it, it's plain, pure iron that has the greatest potency, while steel is... still unpleasant, but slightly less directly harmful. So getting some wrought iron, such as perhaps an old bit of fence, would probably be the best suited."

Anja wrote:"Well that is quite good news, we are going to have to make sure Miss Alexander is protected, we know from what happened to Miss Florentine that there are many who would want to stop this progress she is making...in the most fatal of ways. If she have really started to revert her Avatar to the light I do not believe the girl should leave the Chantry alone, not until a certain conspiracy have been well and truly rooted out of our society."
The Security Chief said as he picked up his cup again and sipped his coffee.
"Just to be on the safe side."
He nodded, "Agreed, increased security detail for her would be a wise plan. Doubly so for her next hearing; the question is whether it should be brought up at that point, or kept a secret still for some time. Both options have some merit."

He finished his tea, "Oh, and as everyone present is already in on this, I think this is an excellent opportunity to bring Miss Mar fully into the fold, as it were... The First Cabal is back, eight reincarnated, and one heir to the last position. Two of us are present in the room right now - the Seer's Heir, and the one called the Betrayer..."
He held up the ring, "Akrites gave us this ring, back then, and it found its way back to us today; Shawn is the last descendant of Teomim's son's lineage... there are three people alive I consider worthy or deserving of wearing it - Shawn not included - and that is myself, Mr. Yager, and Adley."
He smiled thinly to Serge, "I hope you don't mind too much that I present you in this manner?"
He turned back to Crexia and Jeffry, placing a hand on Serge's shoulder, "It turns out Mr. Yager is Akrites' chosen Heir, the poor Seer died believing he needed our forgiveness, when it was the other way around all along... and Adley and Miss Alexander were Teomim's twins. One of the most precious secrets we died protecting, nearly 545 years ago today."
He took a deep breath, setting the teacup down on the desk, "545 years ago, we did what we had to to prevent ourselves from becoming Moloch - there was only one way to do that: Albedo. I remember it all too well; endless pain, then a moment's triumph, and then darkness for a long, long time... We won then, and we'll win again this time."

He paused, "In the car, before I came upstairs to the roof garden, I looked ahead at what will happen to the Psychopomp... It was a horrible vision of Moloch's world. I think... I can perhaps show you; it's not pleasant, as I was forced to watch everyone and everything else consumed... I alone was untouchable, and not strong enough to stop the bastard...
He drifted off, brow furrowing a little.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:56 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin smiled thinly, "She obviously kept it a very close secret, since that meant she could not be vaccinated against a certain nasty trick Jace had cooked up... suffice to say, finding out that weakness spelled her quite ironic and unpleasant doom. As for the Chronomancer, well, that's the thing about phobias - they're not rational."

"Yeah Jace offered my Labyrinth that gas for it's aid....ehm...and I should stop talking now."
Kira said as she realized she had said something she should not have.
"Yeah I guess that if they where rational fears they would not be phobias, most would be afraid of being shot if someone held a gun to their heads for example."

He waited patiently for Kira to calm town, gently stroking her hair, and then gently lowered her back to her pillow, "Sleep now, child... things are getting better..."
Turning to Richard, he added, "And sorry about that, again..."

Kira calmed down and fell asleep eventually, she was so exhausted, she was still shaking in her sleep though as if she was cold. Richard nodded and sigh as he adjusted Kira's covers.
"It is not your fault Colin anything could set her off right now, she will need time and help."
He whispered.
"For now let us hope she sleeps until morning. I have a meeting with Master Morgan later but other than that I will sit with her and take care of her."

He grinned, "No, I wouldn't want even that cat to accidentally eat something that might give it food poisoning or some exotic illness. A werecat, however, would probably be better. Perhaps the Verbena have a shapeshifter in the city who takes that form?"

"Hum...there is a Verbena shapeshifter somewhere in France, I met her at an Tribunal once. She have a cat heart beast, they call her the cat queen...I believe her name is Casia something. I can see if I can contact her and ask her help."
Jeffry said with a nod.

He nodded, "In your own time, then - there's no rush, I presume. And I think she'll come to appreciate you quite well. Even if you might have to, hm, bribe her affection at first."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright, I will tell you when there is time. And as for Kira I will give her the time she needs to get used to me, and bribe her if I need to."
Crexia said with a slight smile.

He frowned, "Well, bugger, that would explain... well, no matter now; that's in the past."

The archmage smiled a little at that.

He nodded, "We also need Master Nassa's, ah, contacts, I suspect, to ensure we get full control of the vampiress' computers right away."

"Master Nassa's contact Mr Wainwright I am not quite sure I follow you."
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "I believe the woman is safe for now; her name is Marleena Fuller, a Cultist who had been used as an experiment subject by the bloody Progenitors... but the vampire won't abduct her until March, and, well, no Liliandra or Lily should mean no abduction. And we didn't get the information about Liliandra now, so much as the significance of what information we have being pointed out to us. We still need to go via the portrait Lita is making."

"Ah Miss Fuller she lives in one of the Chantries located outside of Boston, in Worechester I think...nice girl but traumatized by her experiences."
The Security Chief said.
"Well let us try to not get any broken time loops but we can not let Miss Fuller get harmed if we can avoid it."

He nodded, "As I understand it, it's plain, pure iron that has the greatest potency, while steel is... still unpleasant, but slightly less directly harmful. So getting some wrought iron, such as perhaps an old bit of fence, would probably be the best suited."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright, in fact only true fay have a problem with fay and those related to them directly like your Deaconess. Changelings...lesser fay that still live in the world today are only affected by iron, so yes getting a wrought iron piece for Mr Yager would be the safest for him I believe but also the most dangerous for the Deaconess."
Crexia replied.

He nodded, "Agreed, increased security detail for her would be a wise plan. Doubly so for her next hearing; the question is whether it should be brought up at that point, or kept a secret still for some time. Both options have some merit."

"It is up to Miss Alexander off course, and her Mentor who are still her legal guardian, if there is a problem with her re sentencing then bringing it up might be a good idea, however unless there is need the safest is probably to keep it a secret for now."
Jeffry said.
"I will arrange for the added security for Miss Alexander, with her and Amadeus' permission off course."

He finished his tea, "Oh, and as everyone present is already in on this, I think this is an excellent opportunity to bring Miss Mar fully into the fold, as it were... The First Cabal is back, eight reincarnated, and one heir to the last position. Two of us are present in the room right now - the Seer's Heir, and the one called the Betrayer..."
He held up the ring, "Akrites gave us this ring, back then, and it found its way back to us today; Shawn is the last descendant of Teomim's son's lineage... there are three people alive I consider worthy or deserving of wearing it - Shawn not included - and that is myself, Mr. Yager, and Adley."
He smiled thinly to Serge, "I hope you don't mind too much that I present you in this manner?"

Helena was silent as you spoke she looked from you to Serge.
"I have a million questions."
She muttered but did not ask them yet as you had more to say. Her eyes was wide though.

He turned back to Crexia and Jeffry, placing a hand on Serge's shoulder, "It turns out Mr. Yager is Akrites' chosen Heir, the poor Seer died believing he needed our forgiveness, when it was the other way around all along... and Adley and Miss Alexander were Teomim's twins. One of the most precious secrets we died protecting, nearly 545 years ago today."
He took a deep breath, setting the teacup down on the desk, "545 years ago, we did what we had to to prevent ourselves from becoming Moloch - there was only one way to do that: Albedo. I remember it all too well; endless pain, then a moment's triumph, and then darkness for a long, long time... We won then, and we'll win again this time."

"Are you saying the reason why Master Teomim betrayed his Cabal was in order to force the Traditions to Gilgul him to stop himself from becoming Moloch?"
Helena asked.
"Could he not have just asked...well ehm...asked for it?"
She continued and Jeffry shook his head.
"There have been two cases where non Fallen mages have asked for the rite, and both was denied, one of those unfortunates then went to the Massassa to ask for the help we would not give...the Council would never destroy two, massive Avatars without them being Fallen."
The old Hermetic said and Helena nodded.
"I suppose not but...and my brother...how do Adley fit into this? He is Master Teomim's heir...how...what do that mean?"
She asked and she looked rather protective about her brother.
"And Miss Alexander really is his sister? His spiritual sister? How do that work?"
The young Flambeau woman's eyes then went wide.
"You remember...oh well fuck!"
She muttered and she looked like she wished the contents of her cup was stronger than coffee.

He paused, "In the car, before I came upstairs to the roof garden, I looked ahead at what will happen to the Psychopomp... It was a horrible vision of Moloch's world. I think... I can perhaps show you; it's not pleasant, as I was forced to watch everyone and everything else consumed... I alone was untouchable, and not strong enough to stop the bastard...
He drifted off, brow furrowing a little.

"We will stop that..."
You heard Mia say from your soul.
"What happens if Moloch gets what it wants?"
Helena asked.
"Complete stasis I believe, a end to all hope and dreams."
Crexia muttered darkly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:54 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"Yeah Jace offered my Labyrinth that gas for it's aid....ehm...and I should stop talking now."
Kira said as she realized she had said something she should not have.
"Yeah I guess that if they where rational fears they would not be phobias, most would be afraid of being shot if someone held a gun to their heads for example."
Colin frowned, "...Did your Labyrinth accept that bloody gas? This is quite important; if you let us go into a trap like that, we might not be able to protect you..."

Anja wrote:Kira calmed down and fell asleep eventually, she was so exhausted, she was still shaking in her sleep though as if she was cold. Richard nodded and sigh as he adjusted Kira's covers.
"It is not your fault Colin anything could set her off right now, she will need time and help."
He whispered.
"For now let us hope she sleeps until morning. I have a meeting with Master Morgan later but other than that I will sit with her and take care of her."
He just nodded, "I should see if I can pick up a case for her jewelry. Well... no rush."

Anja wrote:"Master Nassa's contact Mr Wainwright I am not quite sure I follow you."
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "A lot of names in quick succession; I meant to ask Master Nassa about Verbena shapechangers, and Master Sharaya about the Adepts' assistance."

Anja wrote:"Ah Miss Fuller she lives in one of the Chantries located outside of Boston, in Worechester I think...nice girl but traumatized by her experiences."
The Security Chief said.
"Well let us try to not get any broken time loops but we can not let Miss Fuller get harmed if we can avoid it."
He nodded, "If we can't get Liliandra, we may have to assume the threat lingers. But for now, I think we can get the drop on the vampire, and... let the error of her ways dawn on her."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so Mr Wainwright, in fact only true fay have a problem with fay and those related to them directly like your Deaconess. Changelings...lesser fay that still live in the world today are only affected by iron, so yes getting a wrought iron piece for Mr Yager would be the safest for him I believe but also the most dangerous for the Deaconess."
Crexia replied.
He nodded, "Hence something like a shielded cabinet for it, so the items won't be lugged around in the Chantry all the time. Perhaps a pocket dimension would do the trick? Might be worth considering the investment, at least."

Anja wrote:Helena was silent as you spoke she looked from you to Serge.
She muttered but did not ask them yet as you had more to say. Her eyes was wide though.
He just smiled enigmatically.

Anja wrote:"Are you saying the reason why Master Teomim betrayed his Cabal was in order to force the Traditions to Gilgul him to stop himself from becoming Moloch?"
Helena asked.
"Could he not have just asked...well ehm...asked for it?"
She continued and Jeffry shook his head.
"There have been two cases where non Fallen mages have asked for the rite, and both was denied, one of those unfortunates then went to the Massassa to ask for the help we would not give...the Council would never destroy two, massive Avatars without them being Fallen."
The old Hermetic said and Helena nodded.
"I suppose not but...and my brother...how do Adley fit into this? He is Master Teomim's heir...how...what do that mean?"
She asked and she looked rather protective about her brother.
"And Miss Alexander really is his sister? His spiritual sister? How do that work?"
The young Flambeau woman's eyes then went wide.
"You remember...oh well fuck!"
She muttered and she looked like she wished the contents of her cup was stronger than coffee.
He nodded, "Adley and Miss Alexander were the twins born to Heylel Teomim and Eloine, back then. Teomim secreted them away to obscurity; the girl to an anonymous farm, and the boy abandoned on the steps of a monastery, from where he was later adopted by a miller's family. The only clue to his heritage was this ring, which followed the family line all the way down to the young vampire who is now a resident of this Chantry. It's a Quintessence battery, of quite impressive capacity. Its like is... exceedingly rare these days. As for the twins' Avatars, they've been reborn over the ages, always together in some capacity, since the Schism War, and before, some times as family, some times as close friends, some times as enemies, but always close together..."
He grimaced, "And yes, I remember. Every excruciating detail. There... was no other way to be rid of that dark seed; as Master Morgan points out, it simply wasn't done except in the case of great betrayals against Reality or against the Traditions. The plan... didn't work as well as intended, though - Eloine was tortured, as were Walking Hawk, Bernadette, and Cygnus, the latter to death, while Fall Breeze, Louis, and Daud-Allah Abu Hisham were killed in the attack... They were never supposed to die, they were supposed to be captured and rescued, and for us to be unveiled as the Judas..."
He looked down, "I've found Bernadette's reincarnation; Captain Welder of the Knights Templar, and Louis' reincarnation, a twelve-year-old girl by the name of Anna Wainwright. I've yet to confront Fall Breeze to ask forgiveness, and the remaining four... I will have to search for. At least Walking Hawk, whoever he may be now, suspects that we're all back, so he may be easier to find than the others."
He looked up again, "At the very least, my Avatar is in a state where she cannot be subjected to... that again. She is virtually immune to every form of attack, up to attempted assimilation by Moloch. That doesn't mean it is safe for me to publicly announce our return, though... we have dangerous enemies, in particular the DeAngelo twins..."

Anja wrote:"We will stop that..."
You heard Mia say from your soul.
"What happens if Moloch gets what it wants?"
Helena asked.
"Complete stasis I believe, a end to all hope and dreams."
Crexia muttered darkly.
He frowned, then closed his eyes and pulled out his lighter, carefully flicking it and trying to "play back" the vision, using the lighter as a Focus and the heat and light as a source of the energy needed...

((OOC: So, F2 to make a hologram of that ghastly vision, or excerpts of it, so they can all see. Arete rolls: 1,9,0 - 5,6,9 - 2,4,9. That should be plenty, I think, to get the necessary visual and auditory effects into place, in all their gruesome glory.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"Here child, you look like you could need this."
Colin wrote:He shrugged, "Well, that explains school days... the way my fifth year history teacher explained the Hundred Years War, one would think he meant to fit it all into a single term in real time. He... was not good at instilling enthusiasm in his pupils. Very good with remembering exact information, not good with people... Also, Mr. Yager, we need to work on your physical endurance; if you can't maintain the energy to run up and down a few flights of stairs a few times in a day, that's not going to cut it. I'm not asking you to start running marathons, just... reach a minimum level of fitness that won't force me to toss you over my shoulder in a crisis."

"Thank you." Serge said, taking the chocolate bar and munching on it, his hunger only growing as he grew more aware of it. "And my fitness is fine. I recover fast. Just need a few breathers here and there."

Anja wrote:"Correction we do not have the bait yet Mr Yager we need to get the bait and hook it on a stake."
Helena said.
Crexia replied.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "A 'heist' might not be the most appropriate term for it, but it was a very hastily assembled strike team, responding to... an abduction, a girl in Anna's therapy group, about four months from now. We... didn't get there in time. And we can bloody well not afford to wait four months for a crime to happen, when we have the information we need from the present, and the impetus to act on it from the future."

"So some of us are due for a trip to Chicago soon?" he wondered.

Anja wrote:"I do not know for sure Mr Yager but I think chances are that these Fae spirits are still fae and still have their weaknesses but ues seeking out the aid of Deaconess O'Connor is a good idea."
The archmaga replied.
Adley wrote:"Hm, physical things can have a mirror manifestation in the near umbra, so perhaps it may. But by imbuing something solid with quintessence that item can be made to affect spirits, so perhaps imbuing cold iron would work...I am not sure though. Ghosts are not my forte, and fae ghosts less so."
Anja wrote:"Hum...perhaps a cold iron ring or dagger, imbued with Quintessence then...it is worth a try, perhaps you can ask you Cabalmate Mr King to create such a item when he is done with his guard duty at the Node mea filius?"

"Don't the fae love creativity and imagination? I have both in droves." Serge said with a shrug. "Not to mention having magick fueled by imagination probably makes me extra spicy in her eyes. She probably wants to suck it out of me or something. Don't know why she came now though."

Anja wrote:"It is not a silly question Mr Yager, and the answer is no not directly but the wards are meant to push out anything magickal, anything supernatural so it should hold."

"I can place my own wards in my room as well. Maybe even ask the Deaconess for some tips. If there was ever a way to backdoor through the wards, doing it through pathways between dreams would be one of them." he says with a nod.

Colin wrote:He smiled smugly, "Of course I couldn't open with that; if I did, I wouldn't get to see the sudden happy expressions on your faces. And yes, her Avatar is beginning on its way home. Over the next half a year, at least, her magic will become Dynamic with increasing frequency, though for some time, most of her spells will still be Qlippothic. Still, it's a huge step in the right direction, and yes, Miss Mar, it's not only possible, it's been done before, and will again."

"That's great news!" Serge said grinning from war to ear, still digesting the information.

Colin wrote:He finished his tea, "Oh, and as everyone present is already in on this, I think this is an excellent opportunity to bring Miss Mar fully into the fold, as it were... The First Cabal is back, eight reincarnated, and one heir to the last position. Two of us are present in the room right now - the Seer's Heir, and the one called the Betrayer..."
Anja wrote:Helena was silent as you spoke she looked from you to Serge.

Serge stayed silent as Colin talked, nodding to show Colin he was ok with him spreading the message. He smiled when Helena looked at him and waved saying, "Arkites was a cool guy. Wish I talked to him longer." before staying quiet and listening to Colin and Master Morgans back and forth.

Colin wrote:He frowned, then closed his eyes and pulled out his lighter, carefully flicking it and trying to "play back" the vision, using the lighter as a Focus and the heat and light as a source of the energy needed...

Serge leaned forward, eager to see another physical light based illusion a little scared as to what Colin was about to show them.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer fixes)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin frowned, "...Did your Labyrinth accept that bloody gas? This is quite important; if you let us go into a trap like that, we might not be able to protect you..."

The pale girl in the bed looked terrified for a moment then she shook her head.
"No, the Giledian feared that having the gas around and with Jace in control of the vaccine he would get to much control over our Labyrinth."

He just nodded, "I should see if I can pick up a case for her jewelry. Well... no rush."

"I will put the young lady' ear studs in a cup for now...I suspect there might be some time before she will want to wear them again...and once she sleeps deeply enough not to notice I will remove the canula to be sure she will not get more scared, I can give her pills against the pain in her hands or use magick."
Richard said with a sigh.
"I suspect she do not want to see her skin opened up for some time."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "A lot of names in quick succession; I meant to ask Master Nassa about Verbena shapechangers, and Master Sharaya about the Adepts' assistance."

"Ah yes that do make more sense."
Jeffry said with a wry smile.

He nodded, "If we can't get Liliandra, we may have to assume the threat lingers. But for now, I think we can get the drop on the vampire, and... let the error of her ways dawn on her."

"Oh we will get her, I will make sure of it, one way or another this vampire will have to face the light."
The old Hermetic grumbled.
"However if capturing her takes longer than expected we are going to have to warn Miss Fuller and her Mentor."

He nodded, "Hence something like a shielded cabinet for it, so the items won't be lugged around in the Chantry all the time. Perhaps a pocket dimension would do the trick? Might be worth considering the investment, at least."

"It is certainly a thing we can consider."
Jeffry agreed with a nod.
"It might be safer that way."

He nodded, "Adley and Miss Alexander were the twins born to Heylel Teomim and Eloine, back then. Teomim secreted them away to obscurity; the girl to an anonymous farm, and the boy abandoned on the steps of a monastery, from where he was later adopted by a miller's family. The only clue to his heritage was this ring, which followed the family line all the way down to the young vampire who is now a resident of this Chantry. It's a Quintessence battery, of quite impressive capacity. Its like is... exceedingly rare these days. As for the twins' Avatars, they've been reborn over the ages, always together in some capacity, since the Schism War, and before, some times as family, some times as close friends, some times as enemies, but always close together..."

"Is my brother in danger from this Mr Wainwright?"
Helena asked.
"He could be, which is why we have to keep this secret."
"As for the ring Mr Wainwright I suspect it was more than made by Master Akrites, a ring like that are usually made from the type of Ephemera we know about with the best ability to channel and store Quintessence, I suspect that among the metal and stone, that ring is made of a tiny sliver of the Seer's own soul."
Crexia said softly.
"Indeed a gift fit for a king. I had a ring like that long ago, made from a tiny sliver of my own Gift, though I had to destroy it and re absorb the sliver for my lichdom ritual."

He grimaced, "And yes, I remember. Every excruciating detail. There... was no other way to be rid of that dark seed; as Master Morgan points out, it simply wasn't done except in the case of great betrayals against Reality or against the Traditions. The plan... didn't work as well as intended, though - Eloine was tortured, as were Walking Hawk, Bernadette, and Cygnus, the latter to death, while Fall Breeze, Louis, and Daud-Allah Abu Hisham were killed in the attack... They were never supposed to die, they were supposed to be captured and rescued, and for us to be unveiled as the Judas..."

"It must have been horrible for Master Teomim when...they realized that they friends had been killed and tortured. I can not approve of what they did, but it took some guts to go through with that to avoid becoming Moloch and I respect that."
Helena said with a sigh.
"Still it was a tragedy."
She added and you felt Mia's sadness.
"Yes it was..."
She whispered in your soul.

He looked down, "I've found Bernadette's reincarnation; Captain Welder of the Knights Templar, and Louis' reincarnation, a twelve-year-old girl by the name of Anna Wainwright. I've yet to confront Fall Breeze to ask forgiveness, and the remaining four... I will have to search for. At least Walking Hawk, whoever he may be now, suspects that we're all back, so he may be easier to find than the others."
He looked up again, "At the very least, my Avatar is in a state where she cannot be subjected to... that again. She is virtually immune to every form of attack, up to attempted assimilation by Moloch. That doesn't mean it is safe for me to publicly announce our return, though... we have dangerous enemies, in particular the DeAngelo twins..."

"So a Templar woman is Master Bernadette...and your apprentice is Master DuMonte...Mr Yager is the new Seer and you yourself are Master Teomim, We know Fall Breeze lives on Horizon...so then you have to find the rest...that is a tall order."
Helena said with a frown.
"Not to mention whatever or not all of them would want to work with you, do you think the reincarnation of the Nine are needed to stop Moloch?"
She asked then she looked a bit confused.
"The D'Angelo twins? But is not Vittoria D'Angelo the senior Quesitor of the Boston Tribunal?"

He frowned, then closed his eyes and pulled out his lighter, carefully flicking it and trying to "play back" the vision, using the lighter as a Focus and the heat and light as a source of the energy needed...

In the flame of the lighter you coul all see a horrible world, one made of steel and glass, forever unchanging. Moloch consuming every last Avatar, killing every spirit, every Fay, every shapechanger, all that did not fit into his perfectly static world, a world that was placed on ice, every person perfectly unchanging, with no imagination, hope or wonder, all just existing forever in a perfect, Static hell. Helena gasped and Jeffry frowned.
"We will stop this horror!"
The old war mage declared.
"We will not let such a thing come to pass."
Crexia was quiet but for the first time you saw fear in her old eyes, realizing who Kira was had shown surprise, wonder and concern, but now there was fear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:43 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Thank you." Serge said, taking the chocolate bar and munching on it, his hunger only growing as he grew more aware of it. "And my fitness is fine. I recover fast. Just need a few breathers here and there."

"In a crisis situation Mr Yager there are no time for just taking a breather here and there."
Jeffry said sternly.
"But if you claim your fitness is fine then you shall be allowed to prove it, one this meeting is over you can run up to the infirmary to tell Dr Lee that I am ready to meet with him and back down here, if you do not get winded or tired from that then you are fit enough if not then this is something you must work on."

"So some of us are due for a trip to Chicago soon?" he wondered.

"No to Seattle the way I understand it."
The old war mage replied.

"Don't the fae love creativity and imagination? I have both in droves." Serge said with a shrug. "Not to mention having magick fueled by imagination probably makes me extra spicy in her eyes. She probably wants to suck it out of me or something. Don't know why she came now though."

"Yes let us hope her motivation is just to eat you Mr Yager, that would be the simplest and easiest to deal with motivation but let us do some research on it just to be sure."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.

"I can place my own wards in my room as well. Maybe even ask the Deaconess for some tips. If there was ever a way to backdoor through the wards, doing it through pathways between dreams would be one of them." he says with a nod.

"That is a good idea Mr Yager you can ask Mara about it when you talk with her."
The old Flambeau agreed.

"That's great news!" Serge said grinning from war to ear, still digesting the information.

"It is indeed Mr Yager, very good news."
Jeffry agreed.

Serge stayed silent as Colin talked, nodding to show Colin he was ok with him spreading the message. He smiled when Helena looked at him and waved saying, "Arkites was a cool guy. Wish I talked to him longer." before staying quiet and listening to Colin and Master Morgans back and forth.

"You spoke with the Master Seer Mr Yager? How?"
The Security Chief asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"And yes from all accounts he indeed was a...how did you put it? A cool guy?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Anja wrote:"In a crisis situation Mr Yager there are no time for just taking a breather here and there."
Jeffry said sternly.
"But if you claim your fitness is fine then you shall be allowed to prove it, one this meeting is over you can run up to the infirmary to tell Dr Lee that I am ready to meet with him and back down here, if you do not get winded or tired from that then you are fit enough if not then this is something you must work on."

"Yes sir." Serge said with a nod, not looking forward to climbing 4 flights of stairs yet again.

Anja wrote:"Not to mention whatever or not all of them would want to work with you, do you think the reincarnation of the Nine are needed to stop Moloch?"

Serge nodded and said, "I believe so. Not only finding then but bringing them together but fixing the bond between them as well."

Anja wrote:In the flame of the lighter you coul all see a horrible world, one made of steel and glass, forever unchanging. Moloch consuming every last Avatar, killing every spirit, every Fay, every shapechanger, all that did not fit into his perfectly static world, a world that was placed on ice, every person perfectly unchanging, with no imagination, hope or wonder, all just existing forever in a perfect, Static hell. Helena gasped and Jeffry frowned.
"We will stop this horror!"
The old war mage declared.
"We will not let such a thing come to pass."
Crexia was quiet but for the first time you saw fear in her old eyes, realizing who Kira was had shown surprise, wonder and concern, but now there was fear.

What amount of eagerness Serge had to enjoy the new type of illusion have away to sheer terror when he saw what was depicted. It was one thing to be told about it, but to see his nightmare scenario come to life with his own eyea troubled Serge to his core. He looked away from the hologram muttering, "That can never happen..." under his breath.

Anja wrote:"You spoke with the Master Seer Mr Yager? How?"
The Security Chief asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"And yes from all accounts he indeed was a...how did you put it? A cool guy?"

"He left a piece of himself with a message inside the mind of one our stressed chantrymates. I found it when I tried to help her and had a chat with him." he explained. "That's where I found out I was his heir. As well as learning that bringing the nine together was necessary to fight the moloch."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:13 pm

"Yes sir." Serge said with a nod, not looking forward to climbing 4 flights of stairs yet again.

"Good good."
Jeffry said quite satisfied.

Serge nodded and said, "I believe so. Not only finding then but bringing them together but fixing the bond between them as well."

"I guess there would be some sort of symmetry of that, ancient bonds of friendship finally mended."
Helena agreed with a nod.

What amount of eagerness Serge had to enjoy the new type of illusion have away to sheer terror when he saw what was depicted. It was one thing to be told about it, but to see his nightmare scenario come to life with his own eyea troubled Serge to his core. He looked away from the hologram muttering, "That can never happen..." under his breath.

"We will stop it, we have to, there are no other choice."
Helena said with determination in her voice.
"I am not letting my apprentice walk into a horrible future like that, or my baby brothers for that matter.""
That made Jeffry smile a little though the old Hermetic was a little pale.
"Indeed so, we will stop it."
He agreed.
"We will find a way."

"He left a piece of himself with a message inside the mind of one our stressed chantrymates. I found it when I tried to help her and had a chat with him." he explained. "That's where I found out I was his heir. As well as learning that bringing the nine together was necessary to fight the moloch."

"I hope the person you helped are alright Mr Yager."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"I see, well I guess all we can do is try to find the rest of the nine, if the Master Seer says they are needed to stop this travesty then he is a man one should listen to."
The old war mage said with a nod.
"At least we have a place to start."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next