Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 29 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:47 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"It's better if I get everything out. Sorry if some of this is repeat of what Mr. Wainwright said." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out his notepad, always being able to remember things better while he was drawing. As he drew he recalled what Arkites had told him, "He told me about the static world and what will happen if the enemy wins. He told me that the being who will become moloch will find the screamer in some deep dark woods."

"Sometimes having a thing repeated from another angle give us a better chance to learn about a situation."
Jeffry said as he sipped his coffee and listened to what you had to say.

Serge took a breath, mostly to give the others time to parse what he was saying before continuing, "In his vision of what is to come he told me this. A new rebis will be formed, they will merge with a psychopomp and become a dark god. The nine need to be gathered and stand firm against the moloch and any past transgression must be amended between them. Heylel's grimoire must be found and used against the enemy. Three will have to make terrible sacrifices in this battle and countless will be injured but he did foresee victory if we act properly."

The Security Chief frowned at the notion of sacrifices, terrible sacrifices that three had to make then he asked.
"Was the wording just that Mr Yager, that a new rebis would arise to become Moloch...specifically a rebis? That is important. If it is specifically a rebis the Computer can not be a candidate for who becomes the monster, as it is most certainly not a rebis..
He asked as he studied the young Cultist carefully waiting his answer.

Serge took another breath and continued, "I asked him some question and his answers were.....vague. Since he was a sliver of his actual self only meant to send a message he couldn't provide me with many answers. The sacrifices the three would make will be personal. The enemy is fervently looking for the grimoire. Aaaand...that's about it. At least that's all the important stuff I can remember."

"So we must sooner or later find a grimoire..."
Jeffry mused.
"I wonder about what these sacrifices are though."

He turned his notpad around to show a picture of the Arkites and Serge, sitting in the Persian styled room chatting away. "Just in case you guys were curious."

"Yes that is indeed the way the man looked."
Crexia confirmed.

"Let's keep it that way."

"Indeed so, we can not afford to loose any member of the Chantry."
Your Mentor agreed.

"The magick that inverted avatars use...ones that have been through the caul in some lifetime are not like what any other magii does any longer. Instead of building on the possibilities of the Tellurian, changing them, breaking them down to basic parts, or making something, their magick utterly annihilates any promise or potential of something being another way. In the end the effect appears the same, you cast a spell and the spellwork seems to activate but it is not through manifestation, rather the opposite. It breaks the fabric that holds the universe together, strand after strand, until all that is left is what their spell intends. That is what feels off, you know something is not quite right..."

The other Hermetics made little noises of disgust at the thought of such magick and Jeffry grunted.
"Yes this is indeed so, Qlipothic magic is a foul thing, a foul thing indeed."

"That could be useful." he agreed.

"I can help you wish this Sodalis if you wish me to."
Crexia offered.

'Please, do and thank you for checking," he said to Crexia.

The Tytalus archmaga gave you a nod of her head and then read the message before handing you the tablet back.
"I agree and like I said I can help with such protections if anyone would want me to, I can do it in a way that do nto allow for me to read or gain any access to your minds.."
She said once she had read what you had written.

(OOC: I have a bit of a headache so I might be a bit slow to respond for the rest of the evening. Damned hormones that do not wish to work as they should.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 29 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 pm

[Steelhaven, Security office]
Anja wrote:"A strong shard to form the center of a new cluster would form an Avatar like me and not a regular, less organized cluster."
Mia said.
"It is a possibility indeed...this we can discuss with Master Telar. On day perhaps such a cluster will be needed."
Colin pondered, 'I suspect such a cluster will be needed, no perhaps about it - what I am more worried about is whether the suggestion will be hurtful to Master Telar...'

Anja wrote:"Ah yes the most impressive Master Babu and the Seat of Time herself, indeed we would not want to end up in their disfavor, however yes I agree they might have some ideas about this danger Mr Yager find himself in, and it is worth contacting them to ask."
The Security Chief agreed.
Jeremy wrote:"I'll add them to the list of people we need to talk to." Serge said with a sigh, looking sadder when Colin brought up the members that were harmed in the other timeline due to his negligence.
He looked to Serge and nodded, "You know, your getting injured was not the deciding factor in whether lives were lost in that timeline... our not knowing Uncle Willard and the wards were compromised was. Fortunately, we managed to get word home of both those things before the battle started, so we faced the intruders prepared. Our arrival, while timely, did little to alter the final outcome."

Jeremy wrote:"Trust me. I know that feeling all to well. Feeling wanted and important enough to be asked for something. Love that feeling. Perhaps a bit too much." Serge said with a knowing nod.
Anja wrote:Jeffry looked at you and he just nodded at that.
He smiled thinly, adding nothing further.

Jeremy wrote:"What if she can't see it? What if she doesn't exist in the same plane of existence as it? That's likely where the problem lies." Serge said with a chuckle. "And I'll ask her for some tips but I do wanna do most of the magick in my own room. Like you said Anna's magick feels...off. I don't mean any disrespect but I would prefer if it was my own touch."
Anja wrote:"I am not sure if the girl's Paradigm limit her to line of sight. It do seam that her wards touch the Gauntlet just fine though Mr Yager."
The Chief said and he raised his eyebrow.
"I am not sure what you are getting at here but if you wish to make your own wards then certainly you may do so."
S7trif3 wrote:"The magick that inverted avatars use...ones that have been through the caul in some lifetime are not like what any other magii does any longer. Instead of building on the possibilities of the Tellurian, changing them, breaking them down to basic parts, or making something, their magick utterly annihilates any promise or potential of something being another way. In the end the effect appears the same, you cast a spell and the spellwork seems to activate but it is not through manifestation, rather the opposite. It breaks the fabric that holds the universe together, strand after strand, until all that is left is what their spell intends. That is what feels off, you know something is not quite right..."
Anja wrote:The other Hermetics made little noises of disgust at the thought of such magick and Jeffry grunted.
"Yes this is indeed so, Qlipothic magic is a foul thing, a foul thing indeed."
He nodded, "And that is part of why I think you should consult her for advice on ward-building; Qlippothic or Dynamic, the basics are largely the same, but I can always hope some of your... Dynamic enthusiasm rubs off on her big, lazy dragon."

Anja wrote:"Do you think there is a chance that the twins are looking for the reincarnation of the Nephandus that Gilgulled their Mentor. From what I have been told about them, their teacher was kidnapped by the Nephandi, when he refused to join he was...that...the twins came to late to save him and for over a year they tended to the husk that was left until he passed, something like that could create a powerful grudge."
Helena said with a frown before she sipped her coffee again.
He nodded, "It is possible that that's a major contributor to their designs..."

Anja wrote:"No I have not yet had the pleasure Mr Wainwright."
The ice mage said then her eyes widened a bit.
"I find myself both terrified and impressed by the tactical capabilities of your Avatar Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"I guess the reason why your soul is a shard cluster is that is what was left of Master Teomim?"
She asked.
"If the question is not to private and you can be completely sure I will never step into a Caul. I would shoot myself in the head before I let that happen."
The Flambau declared in a determined tone of voice.
He smiled wryly, "Those tactical abilities are still quite painful. And yes, it's what was left of Master Teomim... and 500 years of condemned prisoners in Horizon's Main Sentencing Hall, to the day. And some of the Fallen that were gilguled in Chicago, here, and on Horizon after the last round of troubles. And the fragments in Larson's Caul... My Avatar is perhaps the most... complex in all Creation, with enough differing perspectives to have all the personality you could ever desire."
He pondered, "As for entering a Caul, we know that the damage is reversible, so depending on the situation, suicide might be a little premature... The best thing would be to avoid the choice, in any case."

Anja wrote:"Yes that is quite possible Mr Wainwright, however the question is would the Nephandi believe that."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.
He sighed, "If Kallan is any indication, no, most likely not..."

Anja wrote:"We can do the working once we are done here then, and I will not need to see the ehm...trap to cast the spell so you will be assured your privacy Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a nod.
He nodded, "Probably for the better, it would be a compound of two of my most painful memories..."

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, I asked him about that as well. According to him he was quite successful in his endeavors." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"So he claimed yes."
Crexia said with a chuckle.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, really now, I don't quite remember him as the sort of man to kiss and tell... But then I also admit to only remember fragments, as Mia allows..."

Anja wrote:"I believe that is wise Mr Wainwright, we can not get the grimoire before we are ready to protect it, if our enemies where to learn it is here the Chantry would be under constant attack."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"So I shall trust you on this."
He added. Crexia nodded.
"Master Teomim was a wonderful mage, they was said to have to power to undo...what I did to myself that long ago, being able to untangle a lich's Gift from their body. The Traditions have never had a magus as skilled with Avatars, though one day perhaps young Master Telar will surpass them...though she is not quite there yet."
He nodded, then paused, "You know, Lady Crexia, there is one who might yet surpass both Master Telar and Master Ir; a young man named Tane Karyak. He is undisciplined, savage, uncultured and ill-suited for much of society... but he can sing an Avatar out of its host - not by force, but by invitation. It's... well, I've never heard of anyone else able to do that. If he can avoid getting himself killed, he could well have potential like none other in that field."

Jeremy wrote:Serge sighed and looked to the floor. "Then that's all the information I got. Mr. Wainwright mostly covered everything else that Arkites told me. In some way shape or form."
S7trif3 wrote:"It is good to have confirmation of things," he said, glancing at Serge.
Anja wrote:"I still think you should tell us about the meeting if you are comfortable with that Mr Yager, in case there are some clue in such a tale that we have missed."
Jeffry replied with a nod.
"But it is up to you off course young man."
Jeremy wrote:"It's better if I get everything out. Sorry if some of this is repeat of what Mr. Wainwright said." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out his notepad, always being able to remember things better while he was drawing. As he drew he recalled what Arkites had told him, "He told me about the static world and what will happen if the enemy wins. He told me that the being who will become moloch will find the screamer in some deep dark woods."
Anja wrote:"Sometimes having a thing repeated from another angle give us a better chance to learn about a situation."
Jeffry said as he sipped his coffee and listened to what you had to say.
He nodded, "Quite, and the devil, as they say, is in the details - there may be a few elements you know from Akrites, that none others know yet."

Jeremy wrote:Serge took a breath, mostly to give the others time to parse what he was saying before continuing, "In his vision of what is to come he told me this. A new rebis will be formed, they will merge with a psychopomp and become a dark god. The nine need to be gathered and stand firm against the moloch and any past transgression must be amended between them. Heylel's grimoire must be found and used against the enemy. Three will have to make terrible sacrifices in this battle and countless will be injured but he did foresee victory if we act properly."
Anja wrote:The Security Chief frowned at the notion of sacrifices, terrible sacrifices that three had to make then he asked.
"Was the wording just that Mr Yager, that a new rebis would arise to become Moloch...specifically a rebis? That is important. If it is specifically a rebis the Computer can not be a candidate for who becomes the monster, as it is most certainly not a rebis..
He frowned, "Unless the Computer found a way to incarnate, no, that would rule it out. More likely, then, the D'Ange..."
He paused, "Oh, oh dear... what about an artificially grown rebis, cloned from, say, a lock of hair from one long dead?`"

Jeremy wrote:Serge took another breath and continued, "I asked him some question and his answers were.....vague. Since he was a sliver of his actual self only meant to send a message he couldn't provide me with many answers. The sacrifices the three would make will be personal. The enemy is fervently looking for the grimoire. Aaaand...that's about it. At least that's all the important stuff I can remember."
Anja wrote:"So we must sooner or later find a grimoire..."
Jeffry mused.
He frowned, "I... have been informed I will become timeless. I am also the only Mage in existence immune to Moloch - I suspect I could merge with the Psychopomp to stop Moloch, but that would likely cost me my humanity, my mortality, or both... For now, though, we can least rest assured the Grimoire is safely hidden."

Jeremy wrote:He turned his notpad around to show a picture of the Arkites and Serge, sitting in the Persian styled room chatting away. "Just in case you guys were curious."
S7trif3 wrote:Adley listened to the review of the conversation and then looked at the drawing Serge had completed. He nodded more to himself than to Serge, and retreated again with a doleful expression on his face. He couldn't help but feel a lurch, wondering what else he and the others would be required to sacrifice.
Anja wrote:"Yes that is indeed the way the man looked."
Crexia confirmed.
He smiled, "He looks... older, a bit more distinguished, I suppose... But then, that's only natural."

((OOC: Dumb hormones are dumb.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:57 am

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin wrote:He looked to Serge and nodded, "You know, your getting injured was not the deciding factor in whether lives were lost in that timeline... our not knowing Uncle Willard and the wards were compromised was. Fortunately, we managed to get word home of both those things before the battle started, so we faced the intruders prepared. Our arrival, while timely, did little to alter the final outcome."

"I know. I know. I just wish I...." Serge began, before thinking more carefully about what he was about to say. "..err, nothing. I understand. I'm glad we we're able to save more people this time."

Anja wrote:"An illusion, one that will create any information you please when someone try to read your mind, they will read it but rather they will see the illusion with the information you want to feed them, rather than what you wish to stay hidden my good man." Crexia said. "It should not be to hard to set up."
Adley wrote:"That could be useful." he agreed.
Anja wrote:The Tytalus archmaga gave you a nod of her head and then read the message before handing you the tablet back.
"I agree and like I said I can help with such protections if anyone would want me to, I can do it in a way that do nto allow for me to read or gain any access to your minds.."
She said once she had read what you had written.

"Your mind shields probably trump my own in every category. So I would like some very much like that sort of protection." Serge said with a nod. "Also, is their any chance that you can teach me that illusion mind shield? That kinda stuff sounds right up my alley actually. Wouldn't mind learning a shield like that. One that misdirect people with made up stuff rather than blocks them outright."

Anja wrote:The Security Chief frowned at the notion of sacrifices, terrible sacrifices that three had to make then he asked.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Unless the Computer found a way to incarnate, no, that would rule it out. More likely, then, the D'Ange..."
He paused, "Oh, oh dear... what about an artificially grown rebis, cloned from, say, a lock of hair from one long dead?`"

"Yes. His exact words were, 'A new rebis will be formed, and they will merge with a Psychoomp and become a dark god of glass and steel'." Serge said, repeating exact words his unusual host had said to him. "He made no mention on how the rebis would be formed or who it would be though."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, really now, I don't quite remember him as the sort of man to kiss and tell... But then I also admit to only remember fragments, as Mia allows..."

"And I only have the word of the Arkites. So I guess we both a have slightly unreliable narrators." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"So we must sooner or later find a grimoire..."
Jeffry mused.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "I... have been informed I will become timeless. I am also the only Mage in existence immune to Moloch - I suspect I could merge with the Psychopomp to stop Moloch, but that would likely cost me my humanity, my mortality, or both... For now, though, we can least rest assured the Grimoire is safely hidden."

"The way he phrased made it sound like those three would something dear to them in the pursuit of victory, rather than death outright." he said sadly. "Although he didn't rule out death either....."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 am

Colin pondered, 'I suspect such a cluster will be needed, no perhaps about it - what I am more worried about is whether the suggestion will be hurtful to Master Telar...'

"That will be up to you to determine my dear host."
Said Mia.

He nodded, "It is possible that that's a major contributor to their designs..."

Helena nodded darkly at that.

He smiled wryly, "Those tactical abilities are still quite painful. And yes, it's what was left of Master Teomim... and 500 years of condemned prisoners in Horizon's Main Sentencing Hall, to the day. And some of the Fallen that were gilguled in Chicago, here, and on Horizon after the last round of troubles. And the fragments in Larson's Caul... My Avatar is perhaps the most... complex in all Creation, with enough differing perspectives to have all the personality you could ever desire."

"Yes I met a guy with a shard cluster once but he was only able to use the simplest of magick, your soul seam quite...interesting. And no you should probably not use those tactical advantages to often indeed but that they are there are still a boon."
Helena said then her eyes darkened.
"But most of those destroyed in such a way in the Main Sentencing Hall have been Fallen do not that mean many of your...fragments are corrupted Mr Wainwright?"
The ice mage asked and she raised an eyebrow.

He pondered, "As for entering a Caul, we know that the damage is reversible, so depending on the situation, suicide might be a little premature... The best thing would be to avoid the choice, in any case."

"Mr Wainwright you say one person have managed to cleanse their Avatar and one more is starting to out of all who have become Fallen, that is not good enough odds to risk my Avatar on, I would rather die and let him escape."
Helena said firmly.

He sighed, "If Kallan is any indication, no, most likely not..."

"Indeed it is very unlikely for the Nephandi to turn againt Wallace Jace as long as his work benefit them."
Jeffry said darkly.

He nodded, "Probably for the better, it would be a compound of two of my most painful memories..."

Crexia just nodded at that.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, really now, I don't quite remember him as the sort of man to kiss and tell... But then I also admit to only remember fragments, as Mia allows..."

"Well he did not give details but he did like to present an image as the biggest seducer in the Traditions, where no man or woman could avoid falling for him."
Crexia replied wryly.

He nodded, then paused, "You know, Lady Crexia, there is one who might yet surpass both Master Telar and Master Ir; a young man named Tane Karyak. He is undisciplined, savage, uncultured and ill-suited for much of society... but he can sing an Avatar out of its host - not by force, but by invitation. It's... well, I've never heard of anyone else able to do that. If he can avoid getting himself killed, he could well have potential like none other in that field."

Crexia's eyes widened at this.
"He can sing an Avatar willingly out of the host...you have seen this Mr Wainwright?"
She asked looking shocked for a moment before she gained control of herself and returned her marble statue, stoic expression.
"This is a young man I would very much like to meet Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Quite, and the devil, as they say, is in the details - there may be a few elements you know from Akrites, that none others know yet."

Crexia and Jeffry nodded at this.

He frowned, "Unless the Computer found a way to incarnate, no, that would rule it out. More likely, then, the D'Ange..."

"That is a possibility."
Crexia said with a frown.
"What is a clone?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well shit...that would be just the kind of bullshit the Progenitors would pull and was nto Wallace Jace once a Progenitor?"
Helena asked.

He frowned, "I... have been informed I will become timeless. I am also the only Mage in existence immune to Moloch - I suspect I could merge with the Psychopomp to stop Moloch, but that would likely cost me my humanity, my mortality, or both... For now, though, we can least rest assured the Grimoire is safely hidden."

"Let us hope such a sacrifice will not be needed."
Jeffry said darkly.

"Your mind shields probably trump my own in every category. So I would like some very much like that sort of protection." Serge said with a nod. "Also, is their any chance that you can teach me that illusion mind shield? That kinda stuff sounds right up my alley actually. Wouldn't mind learning a shield like that. One that misdirect people with made up stuff rather than blocks them outright."

"Certainly child, if you can understand my Hermetic Paradigm, I can teach...then again you seam to work with images so do I."
Crexia said and she pulled an embroidery cloth full of neatly stitched symbols out of her belt pouch.
"Like these."
The archmage said as she handed them to you.
"I am sure we can come to some arrangement."

"Yes. His exact words were, 'A new rebis will be formed, and they will merge with a Psychoomp and become a dark god of glass and steel'." Serge said, repeating exact words his unusual host had said to him. "He made no mention on how the rebis would be formed or who it would be though."

"Not the Computer then, thought that foul god could still be involved with this somehow."
Jeffry said with a frown.

"The way he phrased made it sound like those three would something dear to them in the pursuit of victory, rather than death outright." he said sadly. "Although he didn't rule out death either....."

"There are fates worse than death Mr Yager."
Helena said darkly.

(OOC: They are the dumb dumb indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'I know it works. More meant I can't tell the difference between what she does and others...'

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, taking a look on how the rolling door was secured - padlock, keycode or both?

[There was a portal within? I thought there wasn't. But thing is, everyone read Nicole's replies like she said there was a portal too... weird.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:27 pm

[Jeffry's Office]
Jeremy wrote:"I know. I know. I just wish I...." Serge began, before thinking more carefully about what he was about to say. "..err, nothing. I understand. I'm glad we we're able to save more people this time."
Colin smiled and placed a hand gently on Serge's shoulder, "We got the message off to the Chief in time, and we managed to keep you from harm. I'll take that victory, and dwell no more on the failure of future timelines that can no longer come about."

Anja wrote:"Yes I met a guy with a shard cluster once but he was only able to use the simplest of magick, your soul seam quite...interesting. And no you should probably not use those tactical advantages to often indeed but that they are there are still a boon."
Helena said then her eyes darkened.
"But most of those destroyed in such a way in the Main Sentencing Hall have been Fallen do not that mean many of your...fragments are corrupted Mr Wainwright?"
The ice mage asked and she raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Many fragments are inverted, which is part of why I am so heavily invested in Avatar restoration. Master Telar speculates that I may at some point be able to learn Qlippothic magic, as well, if I so choose - though I have no desire to do so - and while the core is pristine, Master Tolle has sentenced me, with my full support, to be examined regularly, to ensure I do not suffer undue influence from the inverted shards. I may not be able to revert a whole Avatar, but if I can learn to untwist the fragments Mia holds, that will be more than enough for me..."

Anja wrote:"Mr Wainwright you say one person have managed to cleanse their Avatar and one more is starting to out of all who have become Fallen, that is not good enough odds to risk my Avatar on, I would rather die and let him escape."
Helena said firmly.
He smiled thinly, "Two... for now. Anna will also start her own path, though by different methods, and I harbour some hope for your youngest brother, too, in fairly short order. And one other, once born. And those are just the ones I personally know; once the possibility becomes a known thing, well..."

Anja wrote:"That is a possibility."
"What is a clone?"
Jeffry asked.
"Well shit...that would be just the kind of bullshit the Progenitors would pull and was nto Wallace Jace once a Progenitor?"
Helena asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Yes. His exact words were, 'A new rebis will be formed, and they will merge with a Psychoomp and become a dark god of glass and steel'." Serge said, repeating exact words his unusual host had said to him. "He made no mention on how the rebis would be formed or who it would be though."
Anja wrote:"Not the Computer then, thought that foul god could still be involved with this somehow."
He frowned, "A clone is a copy of a living creature, grown from a sample of the original... Let us say if a Master of Life, whether Mystic or Technomantic, took a bit of skin, or a few drops of blood from you, transferred the information from your tissues into an empty cell, and from that grew a whole new human - it would be genetically indistinguishable from you, though it would lack your experience and any injuries you might have suffered along the way... Such a clone would then be ripe for inhabiting by a mind and a soul, such as for example the ghost of the Fallen Progenitor Wallace Jace and a stolen Avatar... or the Computer might decide to take on flesh instead of metal."
He batted a few drops of cold sweat off his forehead with a handkerchief, "And while a copy of Master Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau is scary... then consider this: we know there is a lock of Heylel Teomim's hair out there, and the Nephandi know of its existence, to the point of assaulting the Mercere office where it was stored for transport toward its final destination... Where is that lock of hair now?"

Jeremy wrote:"And I only have the word of the Arkites. So I guess we both a have slightly unreliable narrators." Serge said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Well he did not give details but he did like to present an image as the biggest seducer in the Traditions, where no man or woman could avoid falling for him."
Crexia replied wryly.
He chuckled, "Well... he rather did have adorable, innocent eyes, and he smelled good, so I suppose it's not entirely unreasonable to think he may have enjoyed some... immodest success in that regard. I would have thought he was rather too focused on Sister Bernadette to... diversify much, though. Poor lad, his affection was completely invisible to anyone not in the same room as the two..."

Anja wrote:Crexia's eyes widened at this.
"He can sing an Avatar willingly out of the host...you have seen this Mr Wainwright?"
She asked looking shocked for a moment before she gained control of herself and returned her marble statue, stoic expression.
"This is a young man I would very much like to meet Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Fair enough, I'm certain I can arrange something when things quiet down, certainly before your apprenticeship begins. Which remind me, I ought to take that Master's Examination before then, too."

Anja wrote:"Let us hope such a sacrifice will not be needed."
Jeffry said darkly.
Jeremy wrote:"The way he phrased made it sound like those three would something dear to them in the pursuit of victory, rather than death outright." he said sadly. "Although he didn't rule out death either....."
Anja wrote:"There are fates worse than death Mr Yager."
Helena said darkly.
He frowned, "Indeed, far worse fates than death... Surviving, for example - losing one's mortality is going to take a hard toll on the mind and soul, as everyone you love..."
He looked over at Crexia, "Ah, my apologies..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 pm

[Boston]

'I know it works. More meant I can't tell the difference between what she does and others...'

"A I see, well I guess we can discuss the differences between static and dynamic magick at some later date Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry replied.

[Warehouse]

A nod to this, taking a look on how the rolling door was secured - padlock, keycode or both?

There was a keyhole.

[Jeffry's Office]

He nodded, "Many fragments are inverted, which is part of why I am so heavily invested in Avatar restoration. Master Telar speculates that I may at some point be able to learn Qlippothic magic, as well, if I so choose - though I have no desire to do so - and while the core is pristine, Master Tolle has sentenced me, with my full support, to be examined regularly, to ensure I do not suffer undue influence from the inverted shards. I may not be able to revert a whole Avatar, but if I can learn to untwist the fragments Mia holds, that will be more than enough for me..."

"It must be a terrifying situation to be in."
Helena said.
"That said learning different types of magick do have an academic appeal. I hope you continue to stay fine now and that you will not get to affected by those corrupted shards."

He smiled thinly, "Two... for now. Anna will also start her own path, though by different methods, and I harbour some hope for your youngest brother, too, in fairly short order. And one other, once born. And those are just the ones I personally know; once the possibility becomes a known thing, well..."

"Mr Wainwright I certainly hope that you are correct but I would not want to take that risk at the current point in time when there are so few examples of such successes and my life is a small price to pay to keep my Avatar safe. Also if I entered a Caul, I would be different, who is to say I would not want to stay that way, the Caul is not like getting dirty you just throw your clothes for a wash after, and I would not risk it even if some difficult path to reverse the damage should be real."
Helena said sternly.

He frowned, "A clone is a copy of a living creature, grown from a sample of the original... Let us say if a Master of Life, whether Mystic or Technomantic, took a bit of skin, or a few drops of blood from you, transferred the information from your tissues into an empty cell, and from that grew a whole new human - it would be genetically indistinguishable from you, though it would lack your experience and any injuries you might have suffered along the way... Such a clone would then be ripe for inhabiting by a mind and a soul, such as for example the ghost of the Fallen Progenitor Wallace Jace and a stolen Avatar... or the Computer might decide to take on flesh instead of metal."

"I see, a created entity then."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Yes I suppose it is possible that a rebis could be created in such a way, but that would just be speculating, we will drive ourselves insane if we just try to come up with every possibility, what we need are solid information Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said with a frown.

He batted a few drops of cold sweat off his forehead with a handkerchief, "And while a copy of Master Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau is scary... then consider this: we know there is a lock of Heylel Teomim's hair out there, and the Nephandi know of its existence, to the point of assaulting the Mercere office where it was stored for transport toward its final destination... Where is that lock of hair now?"

"You think that is what the thieves want with the lock of hair they stole...make a new Heylel Teomim? Get this what did you call it...clone a new Avatar and make it Moloch?"
The war mage asked with a frown.

He chuckled, "Well... he rather did have adorable, innocent eyes, and he smelled good, so I suppose it's not entirely unreasonable to think he may have enjoyed some... immodest success in that regard. I would have thought he was rather too focused on Sister Bernadette to... diversify much, though. Poor lad, his affection was completely invisible to anyone not in the same room as the two..."

"The Seers of Chronos have not been known to deny themselves earthy pleasures and they have a healthy idea about sex, even if the grand Seer was in love with Sister Barnadette that would probably not stop him from encounters with others as long they the two of them was not yet in a relationship, remember to their way of looking at the world, sex do not have to be for love, and even love can be for a night and there is no harm done as long as no one is harmed by the encounter and all are willing participants."
Crexia said.
"Master Akrietes was a handsome man, who lived his life to the fullest, chances are he had quite a few lovers through the years."

He nodded, "Fair enough, I'm certain I can arrange something when things quiet down, certainly before your apprenticeship begins. Which remind me, I ought to take that Master's Examination before then, too."

"You are honing your craft then Mr Wainwright?"
The lich said then she nodded.
"Thank you I would very much like to meet this man you talk about...perhaps he can...that someone can...well no point in speculating things are what they are."
She said with a sigh.

He frowned, "Indeed, far worse fates than death... Surviving, for example - losing one's mortality is going to take a hard toll on the mind and soul, as everyone you love..."

"There is no need Mr Wainwright I knew what I did, I had my reasons and I made that sacrifice knowing full well it would cost me my humanity...and my Ascension...and many more trivial things."
Crexia said and she looked down into her teacup where the untouched liquid was getting cold.
"My fate is not a cruel one though, I live a good life but I fear that the sacrifices that will have to be made in order to stop Moloch is not going to be as benign as the one I did had to make to become a lich."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:19 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Oww... do we have to?' sounding rather like a sulky child, but then giving a laugh.

[Warehouse]

Quickly unslinging her rucksack, Nicole pulled out her Psion PDA, then as it loaded up hooked up the lockpicking ribbon cable.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:27 pm

[Boston]

'Oww... do we have to?' sounding rather like a sulky child, but then giving a laugh.

"Not if you don't want to Miss Bouchard, though learning why they are different and often discriminated against in our society might be a good idea."
Jeffry replied.

[Warehouse]

Quickly unslinging her rucksack, Nicole pulled out her Psion PDA, then as it loaded up hooked up the lockpicking ribbon cable.

The two other willworkers stood aside keeping a look out as you got your equipment ready.

(OOC: Yes the round thing in the center of the room is a portal and I think Jon said as much when he scryed in there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:06 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"No learning shadow tree workings," he said to Colin, with a scowl.

"Was the wording just that Mr Yager, that a new rebis would arise to become Moloch...specifically a rebis? That is important. If it is specifically a rebis the Computer can not be a candidate for who becomes the monster, as it is most certainly not a rebis.
"That is a possibility."
"What is a clone?"
Jeffry asked.
Helena asked.

He frowned and wrote out: 'A flesh golem and held it up to his  pater. Then he glanced at Colin and wrote beneath that:' Answering your last question carries a similar risk as discussed with the grimoire so we need to be careful who knows what so the benefits overcome the risks - no offense intended'

e frowned, "I... have been informed I will become timeless. I am also the only Mage in existence immune to Moloch - I suspect I could merge with the Psychopomp to stop Moloch, but that would likely cost me my humanity, my mortality, or both..."

I think we already warned against that route.' he wrote and held the board up to him.

"I can help you wish this Sodalis if you wish me to."
Crexia offered.

"Thank you."

The Tytalus archmaga gave you a nod of her head and then read the message before handing you the tablet back. "I agree and like I said I can help with such protections if anyone would want me to, I can do it in a way that do nto allow for me to read or gain any access to your minds.."

"I think at this point we really can't afford not to do what we can."

Later on in the discussion, he cleared up the board and then restated: "What should we do first?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Colin wrote:Colin smiled and placed a hand gently on Serge's shoulder, "We got the message off to the Chief in time, and we managed to keep you from harm. I'll take that victory, and dwell no more on the failure of future timelines that can no longer come about."

Serge smiled and nodded, "Of course. No use dwelling on things that have past."

Anja wrote:"Certainly child, if you can understand my Hermetic Paradigm, I can teach...then again you seam to work with images so do I."
Crexia said and she pulled an embroidery cloth full of neatly stitched symbols out of her belt pouch.
"Like these."
The archmage said as she handed them to you.
"I am sure we can come to some arrangement."

"I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to magick." he said, taking the embroidered cloth and looking at it. "These are very nice." he complimented, running his hand over the symbols.

Anja wrote:"There are fates worse than death Mr Yager."
Helena said darkly.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "Indeed, far worse fates than death... Surviving, for example - losing one's mortality is going to take a hard toll on the mind and soul, as everyone you love..."

Serge nodded sadly, knowing full well the types of fates worse than death.

Adley wrote:Later on in the discussion, he cleared up the board and then restated: "What should we do first?"

When he read the message on the board, Serge said, "Gather information on the thing that stalking me. And it sounds like getting this nightclub vampire is pretty high on the list as well right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:15 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

He frowned and wrote out: 'A flesh golem and held it up to his pater. Then he glanced at Colin and wrote beneath that:' Answering your last question carries a similar risk as discussed with the grimoire so we need to be careful who knows what so the benefits overcome the risks - no offense intended'

Jeffry read what you had written then he nodded and handed the tablet back. A flesh golem he understood the concept of, a clone not so much.

"Thank you."

"Come to my guest room when there is time for it then Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia said with a nod.

I think at this point we really can't afford not to do what we can."

Later on in the discussion, he cleared up the board and then restated: "What should we do first?"

Crexia nodded her agreement to that. Jeffry considered.
"I will call Seattle and make arrangements with them in the meantime we should get our minds protected. Also since we now have some idea about how to get to the Labyrinth Kallan is from we have to consider whatever or not we should strike it first, or try to get this Massassa in Seattle."
Your Mentor said then he sigh.
"Opinions ladies and gentlemen?"

"I'm sure it won't be too much of a problem. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to magick." he said, taking the embroidered cloth and looking at it. "These are very nice." he complimented, running his hand over the symbols.

"Why thank you young man."
Crexia said. Why don't you join me when we are done with this discussion and I will see if I can teach you the rote."

When he read the message on the board, Serge said, "Gather information on the thing that stalking me. And it sounds like getting this nightclub vampire is pretty high on the list as well right?"

"Yes why don't you try to learn from Lady Crexia, if you can agree on price, and then go seek out Deaconess O'Connor?"
Jeffry said and he frowned.
"Yes our options right now is trying to take down this vampire, or the Labyrinth our guests came from, we need to get both the question is which to do first."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:17 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'So.. I need to learn so I can join in?' the Etherite's voice taking a wry tone.

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

One set, Nicole brought out the prongs and gently started to insert it into the keyhole...

[Attempting 'Open Up']

[Paused there to see if Jon wanted to mock the PDA, something so clearly from the wrong century.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:21 pm

[Boston]

So.. I need to learn so I can join in?' the Etherite's voice taking a wry tone.

"No but it might be a good thing to know why for example Anton Von Hess have a much lower standing among the Sons of Ether than you do despite his years of experience and published papers."
Jeffry replied.

[Warehouse]

One set, Nicole brought out the prongs and gently started to insert it into the keyhole...

You opened the lock, it clicked open and you could open the door. Jon checked his phone again.
"All clear for now."
The Virtual Adept announced.
"We can go in, but we should hurry I want to be gone before anyone get here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 pm

[Jeffry's Office]
Jeremy wrote:Serge smiled and nodded, "Of course. No use dwelling on things that have past."
Colin smiled, "Or on things that will not come to pass."

Anja wrote:"It must be a terrifying situation to be in."
Helena said.
"That said learning different types of magick do have an academic appeal. I hope you continue to stay fine now and that you will not get to affected by those corrupted shards."
S7trif3 wrote:"No learning shadow tree workings," he said to Colin, with a scowl.
He shrugged, "Terrifying... Everything is terrifying in its own way. If I let myself be intimidated by the darkness, and try to deny it, that's far more dangerous than acknowledging it and trying to do something about it."
He grinned, "Besides, it's just so much more fun giving Qlippothic magic a little kick of potential than it is to consider taking away potential..."

Anja wrote:"Mr Wainwright I certainly hope that you are correct but I would not want to take that risk at the current point in time when there are so few examples of such successes and my life is a small price to pay to keep my Avatar safe. Also if I entered a Caul, I would be different, who is to say I would not want to stay that way, the Caul is not like getting dirty you just throw your clothes for a wash after, and I would not risk it even if some difficult path to reverse the damage should be real."
Helena said sternly.
He nodded, "That is a quite fair stance - and I would not risk it without extremely pressing urgency, either. Best keep away from situations that boil down to that binary choice altogether."

Anja wrote:"I see, a created entity then."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Yes I suppose it is possible that a rebis could be created in such a way, but that would just be speculating, we will drive ourselves insane if we just try to come up with every possibility, what we need are solid information Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said with a frown.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Is it speculating, though? What with Jace's new body that he's planning on inhabiting?"

Anja wrote:"You think that is what the thieves want with the lock of hair they stole...make a new Heylel Teomim? Get this what did you call it...clone a new Avatar and make it Moloch?"
The war mage asked with a frown.
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned and wrote out: 'A flesh golem and held it up to his pater. Then he glanced at Colin and wrote beneath that:' Answering your last question carries a similar risk as discussed with the grimoire so we need to be careful who knows what so the benefits overcome the risks - no offense intended'
He nodded, "I think it's an overwhelming likelihood of it - alongside attempts to find the Grimoire."
He looked at Adley's comment and nodded, "Let me rephrase that last question: We have control of the Grimoire's location, and can if necessary limit who, if anyone, can access it. Can anything comparable be said about the lock of hair?"

Anja wrote:"The Seers of Chronos have not been known to deny themselves earthy pleasures and they have a healthy idea about sex, even if the grand Seer was in love with Sister Barnadette that would probably not stop him from encounters with others as long they the two of them was not yet in a relationship, remember to their way of looking at the world, sex do not have to be for love, and even love can be for a night and there is no harm done as long as no one is harmed by the encounter and all are willing participants."
Crexia said.
"Master Akrietes was a handsome man, who lived his life to the fullest, chances are he had quite a few lovers through the years."
He smiled thinly, "I hope he got to enjoy a little happiness. Seems the poor man was saddled with guilt he didn't deserve, for all those years..."

Anja wrote:"You are honing your craft then Mr Wainwright?"
The lich said then she nodded.
"Thank you I would very much like to meet this man you talk about...perhaps he can...that someone can...well no point in speculating things are what they are."
She said with a sigh.
He nodded, "Technically, I suppose I could have taken that examination a few years back - as an accredited Master, I am formally allowed to take on apprentices, so as a practical matter, even if you perhaps don't quite 'exist' in the public eye, I should have that diploma on my wall before we begin. Really, some mundane trades are as strict about these things as the Traditions themselves."

S7trif3 wrote:I think we already warned against that route.' he wrote and held the board up to him.
He nodded, "I know, and it's not a route I would pursue. But it is an outcome to keep in mind, to encourage me to try for better options."

Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded sadly, knowing full well the types of fates worse than death.
Anja wrote:"There is no need Mr Wainwright I knew what I did, I had my reasons and I made that sacrifice knowing full well it would cost me my humanity...and my Ascension...and many more trivial things."
Crexia said and she looked down into her teacup where the untouched liquid was getting cold.
"My fate is not a cruel one though, I live a good life but I fear that the sacrifices that will have to be made in order to stop Moloch is not going to be as benign as the one I did had to make to become a lich."
He nodded, "Outliving everyone you know and love is one thing... surviving them all on the battlefield, that... well..."
He frowned and shook his head, as if dismissing a few shadows.

S7trif3 wrote:Later on in the discussion, he cleared up the board and then restated: "What should we do first?"
Anja wrote:Crexia nodded her agreement to that. Jeffry considered.
"I will call Seattle and make arrangements with them in the meantime we should get our minds protected. Also since we now have some idea about how to get to the Labyrinth Kallan is from we have to consider whatever or not we should strike it first, or try to get this Massassa in Seattle."
Jeremy wrote:When he read the message on the board, Serge said, "Gather information on the thing that stalking me. And it sounds like getting this nightclub vampire is pretty high on the list as well right?"
Anja wrote:"Yes why don't you try to learn from Lady Crexia, if you can agree on price, and then go seek out Deaconess O'Connor?"
"Yes our options right now is trying to take down this vampire, or the Labyrinth our guests came from, we need to get both the question is which to do first."
He thought for a moment, "Liliandra is certainly a greater concern, as she is the key to get Lily, who has Jace's Forest, who hosts the Psychopomp. Kallan's Labyrinth, in and of itself, should be considered a lower priority since Jace's laboratory is not there. However, I suspect that we won't be able to hit the night club right away, needing some diplomatic footwork and some sleuthing in advance, so I propose you, Master Morgan, start the groundwork on the Seattle front with Miss Bouchard, you, Lady Crexia, finish questioning Kallan, you, Mr. Yager, try to find Lady Mara and ask her for advice on protecting yourself from a Banshee, and how to make a small iron storage near the door safe for her. I need to ask a couple of spirits to keep an eye on a doctor on Horizon... Adley, would you like to come along for that? I'm in fairly good standing with both spirits, but having someone else trusted present in case things go a little... sideways would be good. Then, once preparations are well underway, we can hit the Labyrinth while we await an All Clear from the West Coast. Striking the Fallen while they are licking their wounds is fortuitous timing for us."
He looked at the room, "Or does anyone have a better idea for divvying up the immediate work?"
He snapped his fingers, "Oh, that's right, Kira mentioned Jace had offered his abomination of a gas weapon to her Labyrinth - their Gilledian, in his wisdom, refused, saying that he didn't want Jace to have so much control over the Labyrinth through the vaccines. So that's one worry less..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:00 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

He shrugged, "Terrifying... Everything is terrifying in its own way. If I let myself be intimidated by the darkness, and try to deny it, that's far more dangerous than acknowledging it and trying to do something about it."

"Yes that is fair enough Mr Wainwright and a wise reply, perhaps there is a little bit of Flambeau in you."
Helena said with a bit of a smile.

He grinned, "Besides, it's just so much more fun giving Qlippothic magic a little kick of potential than it is to consider taking away potential..."

"I can not disagree with that."
The ice maga said with a grin.

He nodded, "That is a quite fair stance - and I would not risk it without extremely pressing urgency, either. Best keep away from situations that boil down to that binary choice altogether."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright I have no desire to die, however there are some things in this world that are more important to me than my life, my Avatar being one of those."
The young Hermetic replied.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Is it speculating, though? What with Jace's new body that he's planning on inhabiting?"

"We have no evidence that Wallace Jace is recreating Master Teomim's body for himself Mr Wainwright...however if he where to do that...it would be catastrophic."

He nodded, "I think it's an overwhelming likelihood of it - alongside attempts to find the Grimoire."
He looked at Adley's comment and nodded, "Let me rephrase that last question: We have control of the Grimoire's location, and can if necessary limit who, if anyone, can access it. Can anything comparable be said about the lock of hair?"

"I still have that lock of hair in my custody, eventually it must be returned to the owners but for now it is under my control in my pocket realm."
The Security Chief replied.

He smiled thinly, "I hope he got to enjoy a little happiness. Seems the poor man was saddled with guilt he didn't deserve, for all those years..."

"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright, I hope so as well."
Crexia said with a firm nod.

He nodded, "Technically, I suppose I could have taken that examination a few years back - as an accredited Master, I am formally allowed to take on apprentices, so as a practical matter, even if you perhaps don't quite 'exist' in the public eye, I should have that diploma on my wall before we begin. Really, some mundane trades are as strict about these things as the Traditions themselves."

"Wel we got it from somewhere you know Mr Wainwright."
The lich said with a smile.
"Well your creations do speak of great skill so I support you seeking the mastery diploma."
She agreed.
"And no I am afraid I do not exist in sleeper society, not at the moment though I have had a number of aliases through the year."

He nodded, "I know, and it's not a route I would pursue. But it is an outcome to keep in mind, to encourage me to try for better options."

Jeffry did not comment on that but he looked concerned.

He nodded, "Outliving everyone you know and love is one thing... surviving them all on the battlefield, that... well..."
He frowned and shook his head, as if dismissing a few shadows.

The archmaga just nodded at that saying nothing but she gave you a compassionate look.

He thought for a moment, "Liliandra is certainly a greater concern, as she is the key to get Lily, who has Jace's Forest, who hosts the Psychopomp. Kallan's Labyrinth, in and of itself, should be considered a lower priority since Jace's laboratory is not there. However, I suspect that we won't be able to hit the night club right away, needing some diplomatic footwork and some sleuthing in advance, so I propose you, Master Morgan, start the groundwork on the Seattle front with Miss Bouchard, you, Lady Crexia, finish questioning Kallan, you, Mr. Yager, try to find Lady Mara and ask her for advice on protecting yourself from a Banshee, and how to make a small iron storage near the door safe for her. I need to ask a couple of spirits to keep an eye on a doctor on Horizon... Adley, would you like to come along for that? I'm in fairly good standing with both spirits, but having someone else trusted present in case things go a little... sideways would be good. Then, once preparations are well underway, we can hit the Labyrinth while we await an All Clear from the West Coast. Striking the Fallen while they are licking their wounds is fortuitous timing for us."

"This seams like a perfectly reasonable plan to me Mr Wainwright which makes good use of our time."
Jeffry said. Crexia nodded.
"I would also like to speak with the captured pawn if possible, I will not harm her but I am not unfamiliar with her mental state so I might be able to get some more information from her once I am done going over things with Kallan."
Jeffry nodded at that.
"Certainly Lady Crexia."

He looked at the room, "Or does anyone have a better idea for divvying up the immediate work?"

"It seams like a good plan Mr Wainwright."
Helena replied.

He snapped his fingers, "Oh, that's right, Kira mentioned Jace had offered his abomination of a gas weapon to her Labyrinth - their Gilledian, in his wisdom, refused, saying that he didn't want Jace to have so much control over the Labyrinth through the vaccines. So that's one worry less..."

"Smart man, however I do not like the news that the damnable Jace still have some of his gas...ah Master Haagen have developed a protection against it though after young Mr Woodhouse good injured in the battle in the Labyrinth a few months ago, Helena would you please go and ask him to ready some of that, just in case?"
Jeffry said with a frown over the subject matter and Helena nodded.
"Off course Pater."

(OOC: Tomorrow I will be going home to visit my mother for a week so I will be on a train all day, so I might reply a bit slowly until I get to her house.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I made a mistake and changed it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:15 am

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:Crexia nodded her agreement to that. Jeffry considered.
Colin wrote:He thought for a moment, "Liliandra is certainly a greater concern, as she is the key to get Lily, who has Jace's Forest, who hosts the Psychopomp. Kallan's Labyrinth, in and of itself, should be considered a lower priority since Jace's laboratory is not there. However, I suspect that we won't be able to hit the night club right away, needing some diplomatic footwork and some sleuthing in advance, so I propose you, Master Morgan, start the groundwork on the Seattle front with Miss Bouchard, you, Lady Crexia, finish questioning Kallan, you, Mr. Yager, try to find Lady Mara and ask her for advice on protecting yourself from a Banshee, and how to make a small iron storage near the door safe for her. I need to ask a couple of spirits to keep an eye on a doctor on Horizon... Adley, would you like to come along for that? I'm in fairly good standing with both spirits, but having someone else trusted present in case things go a little... sideways would be good. Then, once preparations are well underway, we can hit the Labyrinth while we await an All Clear from the West Coast. Striking the Fallen while they are licking their wounds is fortuitous timing for us."
Anja wrote:"This seams like a perfectly reasonable plan to me Mr Wainwright which makes good use of our time."
Jeffry said.

"Everything you said sounds good to me. Hitting labyrinth before they recover is probably the best idea." Serge replied. "While it does needs to be done quickly, the vampire can always be done slightly later, preferably during daylight. The labyrinth is weakened now and won't be if we wait. In the meantime I can do all the stuff I need to do."

Anja wrote:"Why thank you young man."
Crexia said. Why don't you join me when we are done with this discussion and I will see if I can teach you the rote."
Anja wrote:"Yes why don't you try to learn from Lady Crexia, if you can agree on price, and then go seek out Deaconess O'Connor?"

"Sounds good to me. I'm eager to learn. Hopefully I can afford your price." Serge said with a sheepish grin.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 am

[Jeffry's Office]

"Everything you said sounds good to me. Hitting labyrinth before they recover is probably the best idea." Serge replied. "While it does needs to be done quickly, the vampire can always be done slightly later, preferably during daylight. The labyrinth is weakened now and won't be if we wait. In the meantime I can do all the stuff I need to do."

"Well if it was possible to do them both now then going after the vampire would be a much higher priority than taking out this Labyrinth right now, however as I will have to get the Chantries in Seattle to agree to our operation there and that will take some doing, to not waste time going after the Labyrinth first is probably a good idea like your Cabalmate said Mr Yager."

"Sounds good to me. I'm eager to learn. Hopefully I can afford your price." Serge said with a sheepish grin.

"I am sure we can come to some arrangement Mr Yager."
Crexia said with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:06 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Eh... true enough. But a talk for another time...'

[Warehouse]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little smile, turning off the PDA. 'Is there any traps or anything?' she asked suspiciously.

[Will be away from PC for most of today...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:16 am

[Boston]

'Eh... true enough. But a talk for another time...'

"Indeed so there is little time for it now. But one day knowing why might be a good idea if one want to take part in ending such discrimination."
Jeffry agreed.

[Warehouse]

Nicole gave a little smile, turning off the PDA. 'Is there any traps or anything?' she asked suspiciously.

"Not that I can see but that do not mean there are none."
Jon said as he tapped at his phone.

(OOC: No because F*** NSB the railroad company have messed up again so no trip for me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 am

[Chief's office]

Serge smiled and nodded, "Of course. No use dwelling on things that have past."

"Hm, sometimes it is. But at any rate I don't think that's what you mean."

"Come to my guest room when there is time for it then Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia said with a nod.

"Certainly, we all should before we go out again on a new mission if we can. And anyone targeted might benefit too."

"I still have that lock of hair in my custody, eventually it must be returned to the owners but for now it is under my control in my pocket realm."

He looked over at his pater with a touch of surprise; apparently he didn't know it was there either.

"Yes I will assist you," he said in reply. Then he wrote down, 'I trust you to fill me in somewhat on details. If they are powerful we might want my sora or another as backup and we cannot talk to them inside the ward if they are not regular denizens here so we will need a secure location.'

After he showed that to Colin, he wrote out: 'We also need to keep in mind there is a ghost army on it's way and it is moving fast and gaining strength. It is likely if it does not show up on our doorstep early then tomorrow is likely. I may need some tass to try to bump up the ward around our Deacon before the spell I originally cast fades entirely, or help making something new.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 am

[Chief's office]

"Certainly, we all should before we go out again on a new mission if we can. And anyone targeted might benefit too."

"Very well you might as well join me when this meeting it over then Mr Roth Hicks, and you as well Miss Mar."
Crexia said and you sister inclined her head.
"Thank you Magister Mundi."

He looked over at his pater with a touch of surprise; apparently he didn't know it was there either.

"My Cabalmate asked me to watch over it when he was targeted by Wallace Jace."
Jeffry explained.

After he showed that to Colin, he wrote out: 'We also need to keep in mind there is a ghost army on it's way and it is moving fast and gaining strength. It is likely if it does not show up on our doorstep early then tomorrow is likely. I may need some tass to try to bump up the ward around our Deacon before the spell I originally cast fades entirely, or help making something new.'

If you showed this to your Mentor he would nod grimly.
"Yes indeed. If need be I will use my own personal Tass stores to protect my Cabalmate. But yes these ghosts will need to be dealt with, and so will also the situation at Riverside, we can not forget about that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:15 pm

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"Yes that is fair enough Mr Wainwright and a wise reply, perhaps there is a little bit of Flambeau in you."
Helena said with a bit of a smile.
Colin paused for a moment, then grimaced, "Yes, there probably is... I know you meant that as a compliment, but in context... Though comparisons to the Tremere have also been made, and there's... been some indication of that one at a certain time."

Anja wrote:"We have no evidence that Wallace Jace is recreating Master Teomim's body for himself Mr Wainwright...however if he where to do that...it would be catastrophic."
He nodded, "I did not mean to imply Jace was doing that, just that someone within his particular field of expertise might."

Anja wrote:"I still have that lock of hair in my custody, eventually it must be returned to the owners but for now it is under my control in my pocket realm."
S7trif3 wrote:He looked over at his pater with a touch of surprise; apparently he didn't know it was there either.
Anja wrote:"My Cabalmate asked me to watch over it when he was targeted by Wallace Jace."
Jeffry explained.
He let out a breath of relief, "Then I believe that is as safe as I could want it. One more threat vector presumably out of the picture."

Anja wrote:"Wel we got it from somewhere you know Mr Wainwright."
The lich said with a smile.
"Well your creations do speak of great skill so I support you seeking the mastery diploma."
She agreed.
"And no I am afraid I do not exist in sleeper society, not at the moment though I have had a number of aliases through the year."
He smiled wryly, "It's not quite as restrictive as it used to be - but I'd have a spectacularly bureaucratic Hell to contend with if I dared advertise my goods as 'Masterwork' without the diploma to prove it - and it still has one hell of a marketing value. You know, perhaps I should make two lanterns and a bell to gently poke fun at Paul Revere... it might be quite fitting."

Anja wrote:"This seams like a perfectly reasonable plan to me Mr Wainwright which makes good use of our time."
Jeffry said. Crexia nodded.
"I would also like to speak with the captured pawn if possible, I will not harm her but I am not unfamiliar with her mental state so I might be able to get some more information from her once I am done going over things with Kallan."
Jeffry nodded at that.
"Certainly Lady Crexia."
Jeremy wrote:"Everything you said sounds good to me. Hitting labyrinth before they recover is probably the best idea." Serge replied. "While it does needs to be done quickly, the vampire can always be done slightly later, preferably during daylight. The labyrinth is weakened now and won't be if we wait. In the meantime I can do all the stuff I need to do."
Anja wrote:"Well if it was possible to do them both now then going after the vampire would be a much higher priority than taking out this Labyrinth right now, however as I will have to get the Chantries in Seattle to agree to our operation there and that will take some doing, to not waste time going after the Labyrinth first is probably a good idea like your Cabalmate said Mr Yager."
He nodded, "Good, then... Ah, Lady Crexia, that reminds me, would you object to Kira getting to keep her... well, her Custos, I suppose she would become. I believe it would be healthy for Kira to have a dependent, as she would be, and Lita is... unable to survive on her own, I'm afraid. I promised Kira I would ask."

Anja wrote:"It seams like a good plan Mr Wainwright."
Helena replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes I will assist you," he said in reply. Then he wrote down, 'I trust you to fill me in somewhat on details. If they are powerful we might want my sora or another as backup and we cannot talk to them inside the ward if they are not regular denizens here so we will need a secure location.'

Anja wrote:If you showed this to your Mentor he would nod grimly.
"Yes indeed. If need be I will use my own personal Tass stores to protect my Cabalmate. But yes these ghosts will need to be dealt with, and so will also the situation at Riverside, we can not forget about that."
He read the message and nodded, looking up to Morgan, "Sir, the Paradox spirit we rescued earlier, is that one allowed within the wards? I'm guessing you invited the scribe, but...?"

Anja wrote:"Smart man, however I do not like the news that the damnable Jace still have some of his gas...ah Master Haagen have developed a protection against it though after young Mr Woodhouse good injured in the battle in the Labyrinth a few months ago, Helena would you please go and ask him to ready some of that, just in case?"
Jeffry said with a frown over the subject matter and Helena nodded.
"Off course Pater."
He arched an eyebrow, "We have an antidote, or a protection from it? Excellent... I don't know if Jace still has any gas, it's entirely possible the lot of it was on board the Polyp when it left - Kira didn't give a time for the offer, and it's plausible that happened months ago. I'd be more worried about other Labyrinths having leftovers at this point, to be honest - not all would be as paranoid as Kira's old Gilledian."
He pondered, then nodded to Crexia, "Well, I'll go attend to my work, then, and I'll see you later for that mind shield, Milady?"

((OOC: Erk, how'd NSB fuck things up this time?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:48 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin paused for a moment, then grimaced, "Yes, there probably is... I know you meant that as a compliment, but in context... Though comparisons to the Tremere have also been made, and there's... been some indication of that one at a certain time."

"I did not mean any offense Mr Wainwright."
Helena said and she raised an eyebrow clearly not understanding what you meant.

He nodded, "I did not mean to imply Jace was doing that, just that someone within his particular field of expertise might."

"Yes that is quite possible. And it is a disturbing possibility"
Jeffry agreed.

He let out a breath of relief, "Then I believe that is as safe as I could want it. One more threat vector presumably out of the picture."

"Indeed Mr Wainwright, once things have calmed down and my Cabalmate is safe I will again ask him to put the packet somewhere no one but he can reach it, so yes it should be quite safe for now."
The Security Chief said with a nod.

He smiled wryly, "It's not quite as restrictive as it used to be - but I'd have a spectacularly bureaucratic Hell to contend with if I dared advertise my goods as 'Masterwork' without the diploma to prove it - and it still has one hell of a marketing value. You know, perhaps I should make two lanterns and a bell to gently poke fun at Paul Revere... it might be quite fitting."

Crexia chuckle a little at that seaming amused then she nodded.
"There are a reason for such rules Mr Wainwright so getting the diploma might be a wise next step in your craft."

He nodded, "Good, then... Ah, Lady Crexia, that reminds me, would you object to Kira getting to keep her... well, her Custos, I suppose she would become. I believe it would be healthy for Kira to have a dependent, as she would be, and Lita is... unable to survive on her own, I'm afraid. I promised Kira I would ask."

"I would not mind at all Mr Wainwright I am quite used to owning slaves and this modern idea that there is anything wrong with that puzzle me greatly. However the pawn might be better serve becoming an apprentice of her own to a patient and understanding teacher, I will speak with them about it."
The lich said. Jeffry's eyes grew darker but he did not speak, the temperature in the room increased a bit through.

He read the message and nodded, looking up to Morgan, "Sir, the Paradox spirit we rescued earlier, is that one allowed within the wards? I'm guessing you invited the scribe, but...?"

"It was not a Paradox spirit Mr Wainwright, it serve a Paradox spirit but it is just an Umbrood, I have not included her in the wards but you can invite her in, yes the Scribe is listed as one of the inhabitants."
Jeffry replied.

He arched an eyebrow, "We have an antidote, or a protection from it? Excellent... I don't know if Jace still has any gas, it's entirely possible the lot of it was on board the Polyp when it left - Kira didn't give a time for the offer, and it's plausible that happened months ago. I'd be more worried about other Labyrinths having leftovers at this point, to be honest - not all would be as paranoid as Kira's old Gilledian."

"According to Master Haagen yes we have a protection against the gas."
Jeffry said.
"We can ask Kira when this offer was made but es some protection in case there is more of that gas around is a good idea."
He said with a nod.

He pondered, then nodded to Crexia, "Well, I'll go attend to my work, then, and I'll see you later for that mind shield, Milady?"

Crexia nodded at that. She put her tea cup on the Chief's desk and stood.
"Certainly Mr Wainwright that works for me."
She agreed.
"I do think we are starting to finish up here, is there anything else that should be discussed while we are all still here?"

(OOC: The cart my seat was in had issues so instead of assigning new seats to the passangers from that seat they sent out a mail we should just show up and we would get new seats underway. Usually that means being moved around as new pessangers arrive and ending up in the least desirable seats the ones where you sit in a group and the family cart and I can not do that. NSB are a horribly bad company for anyone who have special needs.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:54 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"I am sure we can come to some arrangement Mr Yager."
Crexia said with a nod.
Colin wrote:He pondered, then nodded to Crexia, "Well, I'll go attend to my work, then, and I'll see you later for that mind shield, Milady?"
Anja wrote:Crexia nodded at that. She put her tea cup on the Chief's desk and stood.
"Certainly Mr Wainwright that works for me."
She agreed.
"I do think we are starting to finish up here, is there anything else that should be discussed while we are all still here?"

"I have nothing more to add." Serge said, standing up and getting ready to follow Lady Crexia. "Think we got through a lot of the important stuff."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next