Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 28 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Adley Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:44 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Jeffry read what you had written and shook his head handing the board back.
"Not that I have been informed this far at least."
He told you.
He arched an eyebrow, "I don't think there's any significant connection, except perhaps Lily doing business in them all. And I suspect no Labyrinths are large enough to maintain entrances in multiple cities; I'm given to understand they are strictly confined to the shadow of their worldly locations, with the associated range restrictions."

He nodded and erased the message.

"Don't the fae love creativity and imagination? I have both in droves." Serge said with a shrug. "Not to mention having magick fueled by imagination probably makes me extra spicy in her eyes. She probably wants to suck it out of me or something. Don't know why she came now though."

"I didn't even realize that happened, you seem alright thankfully. Are you okay?"

He nodded, "Quite. She did divulge, however, that the Chronomancer has a quite extreme case of ailurophobia, to the point of being unsettled by Kira's collection of Japanese lucky cat figurines. Bringing a cat along might be a very efficient way of identifying and disabling the fellow. The problem is finding a cat it would be ethical to bring to a labyrinth... ah, I suppose White Satan would do the trick..."
"Are you sure it would be ethical to inflict White Satan on the Nephandi?"
Jeffry joked.
"I think the two ladies who own the little white pest might take offense at us kidnapping their pet to use as a weapon though."
The old Hermetic commented.
"Hum...I do believe Miss Day have a contact who is a wercat...if so we might get this person to agree to help us, and that might be more kind than to bring a defenseless animal along..."

"That is the cat we saw outside," he said in an aside to Helena. "That is what everyone calls him. His name is much more ferocious. But isn't your custos relevant?" he asked her. "Would they be able and willing to help us?" Then to the others "He won't let you catch him in any case."

She and I are quite puzzled in that regard, still..."
He glanced around, "Though I'm sure it's not going to be something you want publicly announced..."
..."I will go and see her, tell her who she was...and I will tell you Mr Wainwright since you are involved in this but no I do not want it to be announced for the world, I value my privacy.

He raised an eyebrow but said nothing, even if he was curious as well. If he was supposed to know, then eventually he would find out.

He smiled smugly, "Of course I couldn't open with that; if I did, I wouldn't get to see the sudden happy expressions on your faces. And yes, her Avatar is beginning on its way home. Over the next half a year, at least, her magic will become Dynamic with increasing frequency, though for some time, most of her spells will still be Qlippothic. Still, it's a huge step in the right direction, and yes, Miss Mar, it's not only possible, it's been done before, and will again."
"Well that is quite good news, we are going to have to make sure Miss Alexander is protected, we know from what happened to Miss Florentine that there are many who would want to stop this progress she is making...in the most fatal of ways. If she have really started to revert her Avatar to the light I do not believe the girl should leave the Chantry alone, not until a certain conspiracy have been well and truly rooted out of our society."
The Security Chief said as he picked up his cup again and sipped his coffee.
"Just to be on the safe side."
He nodded, "Agreed, increased security detail for her would be a wise plan. Doubly so for her next hearing; the question is whether it should be brought up at that point, or kept a secret still for some time. Both options have some merit."
"It is up to Miss Alexander off course, and her Mentor who are still her legal guardian, if there is a problem with her re sentencing then bringing it up might be a good idea, however unless there is need the safest is probably to keep it a secret for now."
Jeffry said.
"I will arrange for the added security for Miss Alexander, with her and Amadeus' permission off course."

"Yes, definitely...she should be protected."

He finished his tea, "Oh, and as everyone present is already in on this, I think this is an excellent opportunity to bring Miss Mar fully into the fold, as it were... The First Cabal is back, eight reincarnated, and one heir to the last position. Two of us are present in the room right now - the Seer's Heir, and the one called the Betrayer..."
He held up the ring, "Akrites gave us this ring, back then, and it found its way back to us today; Shawn is the last descendant of Teomim's son's lineage... there are three people alive I consider worthy or deserving of wearing it - Shawn not included - and that is myself, Mr. Yager, and Adley."
He smiled thinly to Serge, "I hope you don't mind too much that I present you in this manner?"
He turned back to Crexia and Jeffry, placing a hand on Serge's shoulder, "It turns out Mr. Yager is Akrites' chosen Heir, the poor Seer died believing he needed our forgiveness, when it was the other way around all along... and Adley and Miss Alexander were Teomim's twins. One of the most precious secrets we died protecting, nearly 545 years ago today."
Serge stayed silent as Colin talked, nodding to show Colin he was ok with him spreading the message. He smiled when Helena looked at him and waved saying, "Arkites was a cool guy. Wish I talked to him longer." before staying quiet and listening to Colin and Master Morgans back and forth.

He didn't seem to enjoy having everything so disclosed, but he supposed that most of these had pieces by now. He looked over at Serge and blinked at him in surprise as Colin said he was Akrites heir. "Well...then..." He wasn't sure what to say, and didn't feel like writing down a lot of answers or questions that Colin could field. And then again by the look on Helena's face and her peppering of questions she was even more confused by the sudden pack of revelations.

He paused, "In the car, before I came upstairs to the roof garden, I looked ahead at what will happen to the Psychopomp... It was a horrible vision of Moloch's world. I think... I can perhaps show you; it's not pleasant, as I was forced to watch everyone and everything else consumed... I alone was untouchable, and not strong enough to stop the bastard...
He drifted off, brow furrowing a little.
n the flame of the lighter you coul all see a horrible world, one made of steel and glass, forever unchanging. Moloch consuming every last Avatar, killing every spirit, every Fay, every shapechanger, all that did not fit into his perfectly static world, a world that was placed on ice, every person perfectly unchanging, with no imagination, hope or wonder, all just existing forever in a perfect, Static hell

Adley did not say anything as he watched what Colin showed him, silent and grave, his face paler than usual. Out of the horror and idea came into his mind though, flickering and then fading away: maybe to prevent this sort of horror was why avatars joined with people, instead of seeking perfection on their own. But who knew for sure...still, this was what Heylel had broken his avtar to prevent and he could understand trying to stop it even though it cost him so much. It was several moments after that he said, "No," a declaration and rejection of what he'd seen.

After collecting himself a moment, he wrote out onto the tablet: 'Now that we know most of these pieces of what's going on, we should take care to protect our minds from being tampered with, especially when we go into battle. I can't do that myself, but these are secrets that we must keep from getting out before they are ready to mature into action, if ever. Especially if they can be stolen in our sleep or by astral work, we should be prepared. (The reason I write things down like this is because despite warding my voice can still be heard and it can be heard for longer range than normal. It is a quirk of my Gift. Using entropy magick can scramble it so it is not understandable, a garbled mess, but it is still present).' He handed the tablet first to Serge.

Adley

Back to top Go down

An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40 - Page 28 Empty Re: An Army of Ghosts, A Sad Nephanda and two Angels IC Thread 40

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:52 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Tell me about it.' Nicole replied with a soft chuckle. 'You at the workshop yet?'

Anja's Post:

Another silence as Nicole worked out the options. 'Okay. We banish the guards, seal the unit door and then pull out. With any luck we can be away before the Fallen send in reinforcements. If they open a gate into the unit, conduct a fighting retreat. Questions?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:34 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"That is the cat we saw outside," he said in an aside to Helena. "That is what everyone calls him. His name is much more ferocious. But isn't your custos relevant?" he asked her. "Would they be able and willing to help us?" Then to the others "He won't let you catch him in any case."

"Well the name suit him, that is one mean cat."
Helena said sounding a bit amused then she got an almost shocked expression on her face.
"Quinn...I had almost forgotten what she is I do not know where my head went, off course I will call her right away and ask her to come to Boston I am sure she won't mind."
Your sister said and Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"Your shapeshifter Custos? I...had completely forgotten that as well that Miss Bennett is a wercat, yes if you could ask her to assist her mea filia it would be helpful."
Helena nodded at that.
"Right away Sir."

Yes, definitely...she should be protected."

"She will be mea filius, she will be."
Jeffry replied in a determined tone of voice.

Adley did not say anything as he watched what Colin showed him, silent and grave, his face paler than usual. Out of the horror and idea came into his mind though, flickering and then fading away: maybe to prevent this sort of horror was why avatars joined with people, instead of seeking perfection on their own. But who knew for sure...still, this was what Heylel had broken his avtar to prevent and he could understand trying to stop it even though it cost him so much. It was several moments after that he said, "No," a declaration and rejection of what he'd seen.

You could feel your Avatar sharpen her fire sword, well if you could actually sharpen a sword made of fire that is, but it was what it felt like, she said nothing but she was ready to fight, she would not let such a fate befall the world.

After collecting himself a moment, he wrote out onto the tablet: 'Now that we know most of these pieces of what's going on, we should take care to protect our minds from being tampered with, especially when we go into battle. I can't do that myself, but these are secrets that we must keep from getting out before they are ready to mature into action, if ever. Especially if they can be stolen in our sleep or by astral work, we should be prepared. (The reason I write things down like this is because despite warding my voice can still be heard and it can be heard for longer range than normal. It is a quirk of my Gift. Using entropy magick can scramble it so it is not understandable, a garbled mess, but it is still present).' He handed the tablet first to Serge.

Jeffry said nothing he looked at the tablet but he did not ask when you handed it to Serge, instead he took a sip of his coffee and waited.

[Boston]

Tell me about it.' Nicole replied with a soft chuckle. 'You at the workshop yet?'

"Yeah I am down there now so I will put the tube down and the phone."
The Etherite said and he waited to see if you had more to say before he preceded to do just that.

Another silence as Nicole worked out the options. 'Okay. We banish the guards, seal the unit door and then pull out. With any luck we can be away before the Fallen send in reinforcements. If they open a gate into the unit, conduct a fighting retreat. Questions?'

"Sounds fair enough."
Henrietta said and she picked up her bag and started fetching various items, a dagger, a clay plate with a pentagram on it and tea light candles she light the candles on the plate in her lap and started drawing symbols over it with the dagger and she started chanting softly.
"Seams clear enough to me."
Jon said.
"So we keep an eye out then until Miss Day is ready with her working?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:38 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Quinn...I had almost forgotten what she is I do not know where my head went, off course I will call her right away and ask her to come to Boston I am sure she won't mind."
"Your shapeshifter Custos? I...had completely forgotten that as well that Miss Bennett is a wercat, yes if you could ask her to assist her mea filia it would be helpful."
Helena nodded at that.
"Right away Sir."

"Well, perhaps they have mastered the art of arcane, or similar if such beings have such."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Cool.' Nicole said; waiting for Devon to get things ready so Jon can do his stuff...

Anja's Post:

'Yes.' the Etherite said, pulling up into the parking lot for the storage unit - but in the corner, far away from anybody else. And in a manner that they could simply drive off if meet with the enemy.

'I'll keep a visual, you watch the scan. That makes me wonder something...' taking out her own cell and calling the Chief...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:09 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:The pale girl in the bed looked terrified for a moment then she shook her head.
"No, the Giledian feared that having the gas around and with Jace in control of the vaccine he would get to much control over our Labyrinth."
Colin let out a quick breath of relief, "Thank goodness... The Gilledian chose wisely, by the way; having such gas around would make for a security risk in addition to letting Jace have so much more control. Gas canisters are... prone to leakage, and you don't want that with something so devastatingly painful."

[Jeffry's Office]
Jeremy wrote:"Thank you." Serge said, taking the chocolate bar and munching on it, his hunger only growing as he grew more aware of it. "And my fitness is fine. I recover fast. Just need a few breathers here and there."
Anja wrote:"In a crisis situation Mr Yager there are no time for just taking a breather here and there."
Jeffry said sternly.
"But if you claim your fitness is fine then you shall be allowed to prove it, one this meeting is over you can run up to the infirmary to tell Dr Lee that I am ready to meet with him and back down here, if you do not get winded or tired from that then you are fit enough if not then this is something you must work on."
Jeremy wrote:"Yes sir." Serge said with a nod, not looking forward to climbing 4 flights of stairs yet again.
Anja wrote:"Good good."
Jeffry said quite satisfied.
He chuckled softly, "As Cabal leader, I wholeheartedly endorse this trial by fire."

S7trif3 wrote:"That is the cat we saw outside," he said in an aside to Helena. "That is what everyone calls him. His name is much more ferocious. But isn't your custos relevant?" he asked her. "Would they be able and willing to help us?" Then to the others "He won't let you catch him in any case."
Anja wrote:"Well the name suit him, that is one mean cat."
Helena said sounding a bit amused then she got an almost shocked expression on her face.
Helena nodded at that.
"Right away Sir."
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, perhaps they have mastered the art of arcane, or similar if such beings have such."
He arched an eyebrow, "I suppose cats are good at staying beneath notice if they want to; that might extend to occasionally being forgotten about..."

Anja wrote:"Oh we will get her, I will make sure of it, one way or another this vampire will have to face the light."
The old Hermetic grumbled.
"However if capturing her takes longer than expected we are going to have to warn Miss Fuller and her Mentor."
He nodded, "Considering the crisis we have to deal with, I don't think a four-month time frame is a relevant concern, unless we well and truly screw the pooch."

Jeremy wrote:"So some of us are due for a trip to Chicago soon?" he wondered.
Anja wrote:"No to Seattle the way I understand it."
The old war mage replied.
He nodded, "Well, if we take the shuttle, a pit stop in Chicago to pick up, ah, Anna's clever aunties would be convenient, but it wouldn't be more than a quick stop at the little port there."

Anja wrote:"Don't the fae love creativity and imagination? I have both in droves." Serge said with a shrug. "Not to mention having magick fueled by imagination probably makes me extra spicy in her eyes. She probably wants to suck it out of me or something. Don't know why she came now though."
Anja wrote:"Yes let us hope her motivation is just to eat you Mr Yager, that would be the simplest and easiest to deal with motivation but let us do some research on it just to be sure."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.
S7trif3 wrote:"I didn't even realize that happened, you seem alright thankfully. Are you okay?"
He pondered, "Banshees are supposedly drawn to deaths in the family... It might be that she was drawn to your inheritance, so to speak. Or rather, that that made you light up in her perceptions. And it was a close call; I was off to the future to speak with Kira when Serge was approached by the Banshee; I barely got back in time with to warn him before the damnable creature struck. Good thing the Guardian was swift to respond."

Jeremy wrote:"I can place my own wards in my room as well. Maybe even ask the Deaconess for some tips. If there was ever a way to backdoor through the wards, doing it through pathways between dreams would be one of them." he says with a nod.
Anja wrote:"That is a good idea Mr Yager you can ask Mara about it when you talk with her."
The old Flambeau agreed.
He nodded, "And you might want a word with Anna, as well - despite her age, i should say she's one of the best ward-makers in the Chantry. Though her personal touch is a little... hostile. I dread the day when she's upset at me and Freddy, and we have to figure out the passphrase to her room, in Greek because she's locked herself inside to sulk..."

Anja wrote:"Is my brother in danger from this Mr Wainwright?"
Helena asked.
"He could be, which is why we have to keep this secret."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"As for the ring Mr Wainwright I suspect it was more than made by Master Akrites, a ring like that are usually made from the type of Ephemera we know about with the best ability to channel and store Quintessence, I suspect that among the metal and stone, that ring is made of a tiny sliver of the Seer's own soul."
Crexia said softly.
"Indeed a gift fit for a king. I had a ring like that long ago, made from a tiny sliver of my own Gift, though I had to destroy it and re absorb the sliver for my lichdom ritual."
He looked down at the ring for a few moments, a glint in his eyes somewhere between ambition and... avarice, perhaps? "Mother of God, I could make..."
He caught himself, "Well, perhaps best not to ponder that too deeply, though I will most certainly discuss a few possibilities with Master Telar later."

Anja wrote:"It must have been horrible for Master Teomim when...they realized that they friends had been killed and tortured. I can not approve of what they did, but it took some guts to go through with that to avoid becoming Moloch and I respect that."
Helena said with a sigh.
"Still it was a tragedy."
She added and you felt Mia's sadness.
"Yes it was..."
She whispered in your soul.
He nodded, "I'm not asking you to approve of their decision, just to accept the desperation they were in to stop themselves from becoming the Enemy of Ascension..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge stayed silent as Colin talked, nodding to show Colin he was ok with him spreading the message. He smiled when Helena looked at him and waved saying, "Arkites was a cool guy. Wish I talked to him longer." before staying quiet and listening to Colin and Master Morgans back and forth.
Anja wrote:"You spoke with the Master Seer Mr Yager? How?"
The Security Chief asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"And yes from all accounts he indeed was a...how did you put it? A cool guy?"
Jeremy wrote:"He left a piece of himself with a message inside the mind of one our stressed chantrymates. I found it when I tried to help her and had a chat with him." he explained. "That's where I found out I was his heir. As well as learning that bringing the nine together was necessary to fight the moloch."
Anja wrote:"I hope the person you helped are alright Mr Yager."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"I see, well I guess all we can do is try to find the rest of the nine, if the Master Seer says they are needed to stop this travesty then he is a man one should listen to."
The old war mage said with a nod.
"At least we have a place to start."
S7trif3 wrote:He didn't seem to enjoy having everything so disclosed, but he supposed that most of these had pieces by now. He looked over at Serge and blinked at him in surprise as Colin said he was Akrites heir. "Well...then..." He wasn't sure what to say, and didn't feel like writing down a lot of answers or questions that Colin could field. And then again by the look on Helena's face and her peppering of questions she was even more confused by the sudden pack of revelations.
He smiled sadly, "Akrites was a sweet, sweet man, very much like you, Serge, or like Master Sharaya... but I'm afraid a part of him broke a little in Kirkenes, though I don't know whether it was the vision of the future, or the fate of Tormod that did it... probably both. That unmistakable aroma of his, though... let's hope you haven't inherited that, too; that would make for a lot of inconvenient explanations to the police."

Anja wrote:"So a Templar woman is Master Bernadette...and your apprentice is Master DuMonte...Mr Yager is the new Seer and you yourself are Master Teomim, We know Fall Breeze lives on Horizon...so then you have to find the rest...that is a tall order."
Helena said with a frown.
"Not to mention whatever or not all of them would want to work with you, do you think the reincarnation of the Nine are needed to stop Moloch?"
She asked then she looked a bit confused.
"The D'Angelo twins? But is not Vittoria D'Angelo the senior Quesitor of the Boston Tribunal?"
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded and said, "I believe so. Not only finding then but bringing them together but fixing the bond between them as well."
Anja wrote:"I guess there would be some sort of symmetry of that, ancient bonds of friendship finally mended."
Helena agreed with a nod.
He nodded, "I have many apologies to make, and much forgiveness to ask. And yes, the D'Angelos' positions, Vittoria's in particular, makes the whole matter just a little more complicated. In particular since she reserves a particular level of personal hatred for both Miss Alexander and myself. Though I fear I may have put Miss Alexander well into lower priorities for her, at my own expense."

Jeremy wrote:Serge leaned forward, eager to see another physical light based illusion alrhiguhscared as to what Colin was about to show them.
Anja wrote:In the flame of the lighter you coul all see a horrible world, one made of steel and glass, forever unchanging. Moloch consuming every last Avatar, killing every spirit, every Fay, every shapechanger, all that did not fit into his perfectly static world, a world that was placed on ice, every person perfectly unchanging, with no imagination, hope or wonder, all just existing forever in a perfect, Static hell. Helena gasped and Jeffry frowned.
"We will stop this horror!"
The old war mage declared.
"We will not let such a thing come to pass."
Crexia was quiet but for the first time you saw fear in her old eyes, realizing who Kira was had shown surprise, wonder and concern, but now there was fear.
Jeremy wrote:What amount of eagerness Serge had to enjoy the new type of illusion have away to sheer terror when he saw what was depicted. It was one thing to be told about it, but to see his nightmare scenario come to life with his own eyea troubled Serge to his core. He looked away from the hologram muttering, "That can never happen..." under his breath.
Anja wrote:"We will stop it, we have to, there are no other choice."
Helena said with determination in her voice.
"I am not letting my apprentice walk into a horrible future like that, or my baby brothers for that matter.""
That made Jeffry smile a little though the old Hermetic was a little pale.
"Indeed so, we will stop it."
He agreed.
"We will find a way."
S7trif3 wrote:Adley did not say anything as he watched what Colin showed him, silent and grave, his face paler than usual. Out of the horror and idea came into his mind though, flickering and then fading away: maybe to prevent this sort of horror was why avatars joined with people, instead of seeking perfection on their own. But who knew for sure...still, this was what Heylel had broken his avtar to prevent and he could understand trying to stop it even though it cost him so much. It was several moments after that he said, "No," a declaration and rejection of what he'd seen.
He nodded, "It's an abomination of an outcome, and hell, even the Nephandi would help prevent that, if they were alerted to it, even if we're not allowed to contact them for aid... but we can yet stop it if we get to the Forest, and thus the Psychopomp, first. As for me, I mean to ask Master Haagen about another few doses of that mind shield potion of his, just in case; we might run into some mind readers with little regard for, well, personal space, and some things... hum, I also mean to ask him about the possibility to bottle that vision, if you're familiar with the Pensieve in the Harry Potter books or movies..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:11 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Well, perhaps they have mastered the art of arcane, or similar if such beings have such."

"I suspect they could have such abilities I will have to ask Quinn about that."
Helena said and she nodded.
"I will anyway speak with her."

At that time Jeffry's phone rang and he said.
"Excuse me, remember do not speak of anything sensitive while I am answering this communication."
Then he accepted the call.
"Yes Miss Bouchard how can I help you?"

[Boston]

'Cool.' Nicole said; waiting for Devon to get things ready so Jon can do his stuff...

Jon waited for you to give the signal then he tapped at his phone and you heard a slight tump in the glove compartment as the tube ended up there.
"There you go."
The Virtual Adept said.

'Yes.' the Etherite said, pulling up into the parking lot for the storage unit - but in the corner, far away from anybody else. And in a manner that they could simply drive off if meet with the enemy.

'I'll keep a visual, you watch the scan. That makes me wonder something...' taking out her own cell and calling the Chief...

"Very well."
The Virtual Adept said and he looked down at his phone keeping an eye on things as Henrietta worked. Jeffry accepted the call after a few rings and said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Excellent - thanks.' Nicole said to Devon once the item had been transported. 'Well, laters...'

Anja's Post:

'Update, sir. Unit appears to be a supply dump of some form; but no Tass or permanent portal. Two "spirits" resident - either guards or a warning system. They're aware of us, but we're in no immediate danger. Plan is to remove spirits, seal unit and return to base. If we encounter Fallen - who might be on their way already - what do we do?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:32 pm

[Infirmary]

Colin let out a quick breath of relief, "Thank goodness... The Gilledian chose wisely, by the way; having such gas around would make for a security risk in addition to letting Jace have so much more control. Gas canisters are... prone to leakage, and you don't want that with something so devastatingly painful."

"No I guess you are right, that shit sounds really creepy."
Kira said.
"I would not want to be around something that can mess with my Avatar."

[Jeffry's Office]

He chuckled softly, "As Cabal leader, I wholeheartedly endorse this trial by fire."

Jeffry gave a satisfied grin at that.

He arched an eyebrow, "I suppose cats are good at staying beneath notice if they want to; that might extend to occasionally being forgotten about..."

"Well I did not forget about Quinn just what she is...I am she is just Quinn she is my friend...who likes to turn into a cat and who change her personality every so often."
Helena said and she scratched her head.
"It is just who she is. My mind did not connect it all because of well a brain fart I guess."
She said a bit self consciously.

He nodded, "Considering the crisis we have to deal with, I don't think a four-month time frame is a relevant concern, unless we well and truly screw the pooch."

Jeffry just nodded grimly at that.

He nodded, "Well, if we take the shuttle, a pit stop in Chicago to pick up, ah, Anna's clever aunties would be convenient, but it wouldn't be more than a quick stop at the little port there."

Helena nodded.

He pondered, "Banshees are supposedly drawn to deaths in the family... It might be that she was drawn to your inheritance, so to speak. Or rather, that that made you light up in her perceptions. And it was a close call; I was off to the future to speak with Kira when Serge was approached by the Banshee; I barely got back in time with to warn him before the damnable creature struck. Good thing the Guardian was swift to respond."

"It is possible Mr Wainwright but before we know more we do not know what is true and what is folklore about these creatures so we can only speculate."
Crexia said.
"And yes I am glad young Mr Yager was not hurt."

He nodded, "And you might want a word with Anna, as well - despite her age, i should say she's one of the best ward-makers in the Chantry. Though her personal touch is a little... hostile. I dread the day when she's upset at me and Freddy, and we have to figure out the passphrase to her room, in Greek because she's locked herself inside to sulk..."

"I am sure my filius might be able to help you out with the Greek at least."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.
"But yes the child is extremely talented, almost scarily so."

He looked down at the ring for a few moments, a glint in his eyes somewhere between ambition and... avarice, perhaps? "Mother of God, I could make..."
He caught himself, "Well, perhaps best not to ponder that too deeply, though I will most certainly discuss a few possibilities with Master Telar later."

"And I will be part of that discussion."
Mia said firmly.
"No one takes any of my shards without my permission!"
Your Avatar sounded rather stern. Crexia raised an eyebrow at you but said nothing.

He nodded, "I'm not asking you to approve of their decision, just to accept the desperation they were in to stop themselves from becoming the Enemy of Ascension..."

"Yes I can accept that much at least."
Helena said, she was still looking at you dumbfounded at all of this ifnromation that was being dumped on her.

He nodded, "I have many apologies to make, and much forgiveness to ask. And yes, the D'Angelos' positions, Vittoria's in particular, makes the whole matter just a little more complicated. In particular since she reserves a particular level of personal hatred for both Miss Alexander and myself. Though I fear I may have put Miss Alexander well into lower priorities for her, at my own expense."

"You have managed to piss off the main Enforcer of the Tribunal Mr Wainwright?"
Helena asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Why would she hate you and Miss Alexander?"
She wanted to know.
"As for the First Cabal...yes it seams that you do have amends to make there or at least your soul do. Let us hope they are willing to listen."

He nodded, "It's an abomination of an outcome, and hell, even the Nephandi would help prevent that, if they were alerted to it, even if we're not allowed to contact them for aid... but we can yet stop it if we get to the Forest, and thus the Psychopomp, first. As for me, I mean to ask Master Haagen about another few doses of that mind shield potion of his, just in case; we might run into some mind readers with little regard for, well, personal space, and some things... hum, I also mean to ask him about the possibility to bottle that vision, if you're familiar with the Pensieve in the Harry Potter books or movies..."

"It is something we must stop, but we are not going to contact the Nephandi about it."
Jeffry said firmly.
"However something to protect our minds might be a good idea indeed, and also a copy of the vision might come in handy foul as it may be."
He said and Crexia spoke up.
"I might be able to help when it comes to protecting our minds...I am an Archmage of that particular part of reality after all."
The lich said with a hint of a smile.

[Boston]

Excellent - thanks.' Nicole said to Devon once the item had been transported. 'Well, laters...'

"Yes speak with you later."
Your Fellow Etherite said before hanging up on the call.

'Update, sir. Unit appears to be a supply dump of some form; but no Tass or permanent portal. Two "spirits" resident - either guards or a warning system. They're aware of us, but we're in no immediate danger. Plan is to remove spirits, seal unit and return to base. If we encounter Fallen - who might be on their way already - what do we do?'

"If you encounter Fallen then you may engage them if you think it is safe, and no sleepers will be put in danger, if not then retreat and get back here."
Jeffry said.
"So this storage unit contained to portal or way to get into the Labyrinth?"
He asked.
"Have the spirits detected you and your team? Hum...they are not attacking? They are just guards then, very well...oh and Miss Bouchard when you get back to Steelhaven I will need a word with you. Your plan do seam to be a reasonable one."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:15 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Spirits might attack once I'm close enough to seal unit, sir - which is why we're removing them first. This means they might alert Fallen of our presence - if they have not already.'

'Want a word? Oh... goodie.' tone making it clear the Etherite expect said "words" to be that of complaint or criticism...

Unless the Chief had any other words, Nicole will end the call and continue to watch for activity in the car lot until Henrietta had finished whatever thing she was trying...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:35 pm

[Infirmary]
Anja wrote:"No I guess you are right, that shit sounds really creepy."
Kira said.
"I would not want to be around something that can mess with my Avatar."
Colin smiled wryly, "Good plan, both in the general and the specific."

[Jeffry's Office]
Anja wrote:"Well I did not forget about Quinn just what she is...I am she is just Quinn she is my friend...who likes to turn into a cat and who change her personality every so often."
"It is just who she is. My mind did not connect it all because of well a brain fart I guess."
Anja wrote:"I suspect they could have such abilities I will have to ask Quinn about that."
Helena said and she nodded.
"I will anyway speak with her."

"Excuse me, remember do not speak of anything sensitive while I am answering this communication."
Anja wrote:"If you encounter Fallen then you may engage them if you think it is safe, and no sleepers will be put in danger, if not then retreat and get back here."
Jeffry said.
"So this storage unit contained to portal or way to get into the Labyrinth?"
He asked.
"Have the spirits detected you and your team? Hum...they are not attacking? They are just guards then, very well...oh and Miss Bouchard when you get back to Steelhaven I will need a word with you. Your plan do seam to be a reasonable one."
He nodded and waited silently for the phone conversation to come to an end, arching an eyebrow at the descriptions.

Anja wrote:"It is possible Mr Wainwright but before we know more we do not know what is true and what is folklore about these creatures so we can only speculate."
Crexia said.
"And yes I am glad young Mr Yager was not hurt."
He nodded, "At the very least, you told me exactly what it is, so we have that to go on."

Anja wrote:"I am sure my filius might be able to help you out with the Greek at least."
"But yes the child is extremely talented, almost scarily so."
He smiled wryly, "I suppose she might have a lingering fear of being attacked in her sleep, after... well... some things linger for incarnations on end..."

Anja wrote:"And I will be part of that discussion."
Mia said firmly.
"No one takes any of my shards without my permission!"
Your Avatar sounded rather stern. Crexia raised an eyebrow at you but said nothing.
He smiled sheepishly, trying to appease Mia a bit, 'No one said anything about taking your shards without your permission - I would not dream of attempting such impudence. But some of your shards are not right, and lending such a shard to the forging of a ring might yield some interesting results... and some potential venues for righting wrung shards, or even whole Avatars that have been inverted. But you will indeed be part of that conversation, and have the final word.'

Anja wrote:"You have managed to piss off the main Enforcer of the Tribunal Mr Wainwright?"
Helena asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Why would she hate you and Miss Alexander?"
She wanted to know.
"As for the First Cabal...yes it seams that you do have amends to make there or at least your soul do. Let us hope they are willing to listen."
He grinned sheepishly, "Well, first she dragged a half-dozen Masters of Spirit in here to try to... sentence Miss Alexander on what turned out to be an illegal conviction. I managed to stall a little so Adley could get the evidence to halt the proceedings entirely, by convincing Master Tolle that Master D'Angelo's Avatar, and thus her judgment, might be affected by a shard of her Mentor's Avatar, and so she would need an examination to make sure that was not the case - the reasoning behind my request for investigation was sufficient that he approved, to her quite humiliated protests. She didn't like me much after that... and then, a few days later, I had to hop into a Caul to tear it down from the inside, to stop something that had come out of it from murdering everyone... she tried to examine my Avatar and have me labeled as Fallen, but Mia is very much not fond of Soulrenders, so she... happily stabbed Master D'Angelo's Avatar in self defense. I hear tell Master D'Angelo still can't work magic without twinges of pain... So the good Quaesitor is particularly not happy with me, or with that there's presently nothing she can legally get me for. I'd like to keep that last part that way, even if a couple of my Cabalmates are making things a little... more difficult than they have to."

Anja wrote:"It is something we must stop, but we are not going to contact the Nephandi about it."
Jeffry said firmly.
"However something to protect our minds might be a good idea indeed, and also a copy of the vision might come in handy foul as it may be."
He said and Crexia spoke up.
"I might be able to help when it comes to protecting our minds...I am an Archmage of that particular part of reality after all."
The lich said with a hint of a smile.
He nodded, "We are indeed not going to contact the Fallen. I merely stated that if they were to learn of the clear and present threat, they might turn on Jace. And seeing as we've apparently had some security breaches already..."
He looked to Crexia, "While Master Haagen's potions are good for temporary protection when heading for battle, something more... long-term might also be valuable, as well as multiple layers of protection; what precisely did you have in mind?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:31 am

[Steelhaven, Security office]

Adley wrote:"I didn't even realize that happened, you seem alright thankfully. Are you okay?"
Colin wrote:He pondered, "Banshees are supposedly drawn to deaths in the family... It might be that she was drawn to your inheritance, so to speak. Or rather, that that made you light up in her perceptions. And it was a close call; I was off to the future to speak with Kira when Serge was approached by the Banshee; I barely got back in time with to warn him before the damnable creature struck. Good thing the Guardian was swift to respond."

"....Oh right. No one but me actually saw what happened." Serge realized when Colin's interpretation of the event didn't exactly match his own. As Colin talked, he flipped through his notepad until he landed on a specific picture. He turned towards Colin and Adley, and anyone else who wanted to see.

It was a picture of the being that attacked him. The picture was cut in half, with one side depicting a beautiful princess adorned in elegant robes and the other half a monster of autumn leaves and winter snow, reaching out of the picture to strike with vicious looking claws. "I, and only me, saw the princess half standing outside the guardians protection range. She....asked me for help. Reached out to me. Called me.....well it doesn't matter. I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the oldest trick in the book. Or at least...."

He glanced at Colin before continuing, looking strangely disheartened. "I thought I wasn't. Anyways, when Mr. Wainwright shouted his warning she freaked out and turned into the other half and tried to grab me. The guardian sliced her hand off and drove her off when she crossed the protection threshold. I'm fine. I didn't need really to do anything."

Adley wrote:After collecting himself a moment, he wrote out onto the tablet: 'Now that we know most of these pieces of what's going on, we should take care to protect our minds from being tampered with, especially when we go into battle. I can't do that myself, but these are secrets that we must keep from getting out before they are ready to mature into action, if ever. Especially if they can be stolen in our sleep or by astral work, we should be prepared. (The reason I write things down like this is because despite warding my voice can still be heard and it can be heard for longer range than normal. It is a quirk of my Gift. Using entropy magick can scramble it so it is not understandable, a garbled mess, but it is still present).' He handed the tablet first to Serge.

Serge took the tablet and read through it carefully. "Unless there's anyone better, I can always provide that protection." he said as he handed the tablet to the person next to him, likely Crexia.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "And you might want a word with Anna, as well - despite her age, i should say she's one of the best ward-makers in the Chantry. Though her personal touch is a little... hostile. I dread the day when she's upset at me and Freddy, and we have to figure out the passphrase to her room, in Greek because she's locked herself inside to sulk..."

"I'll talk with her. Don't have much practice with wards myself." Serge replied. "Might be better if I get tips from her and do it myself though. There are some places I want wards that I doubt she'd be able to reach."

Colin wrote:He smiled sadly, "Akrites was a sweet, sweet man, very much like you, Serge, or like Master Sharaya... but I'm afraid a part of him broke a little in Kirkenes, though I don't know whether it was the vision of the future, or the fate of Tormod that did it... probably both. That unmistakable aroma of his, though... let's hope you haven't inherited that, too; that would make for a lot of inconvenient explanations to the police."

"I doubt I inherited anything from him. I'm his heir not his reincarnation." Serge replied. "That guy's a legend among cultists. Doubt I could ever truly be like him. But he chose me for a reason. And I don't intend to disappoint him."

Anja wrote:"I hope the person you helped are alright Mr Yager."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"I see, well I guess all we can do is try to find the rest of the nine, if the Master Seer says they are needed to stop this travesty then he is a man one should listen to."
The old war mage said with a nod.
"At least we have a place to start."

"He also mentioned some more things that we needed to do." Serge said, remembering his time in the man's Persian styled room. "Does the term 'Heylel's Grimoire' mean anything to anyone in this room?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:37 am

[Jeffry's Office]

"....Oh right. No one but me actually saw what happened." Serge realized when Colin's interpretation of the event didn't exactly match his own. As Colin talked, he flipped through his notepad until he landed on a specific picture. He turned towards Colin and Adley, and anyone else who wanted to see.

It was a picture of the being that attacked him. The picture was cut in half, with one side depicting a beautiful princess adorned in elegant robes and the other half a monster of autumn leaves and winter snow, reaching out of the picture to strike with vicious looking claws. "I, and only me, saw the princess half standing outside the guardians protection range. She....asked me for help. Reached out to me. Called me.....well it doesn't matter. I wasn't dumb enough to fall for the oldest trick in the book. Or at least...."

He glanced at Colin before continuing, looking strangely disheartened. "I thought I wasn't. Anyways, when Mr. Wainwright shouted his warning she freaked out and turned into the other half and tried to grab me. The guardian sliced her hand off and drove her off when she crossed the protection threshold. I'm fine. I didn't need really to do anything."

He leaned over to look at the drawing, frowning. "I am glad you were not harmed."

He looked over at Colin with a confused expression, especially at the sort of look he was giving the ring.

"Well I did not forget about Quinn just what she is...I am she is just Quinn she is my friend...who likes to turn into a cat and who change her personality every so often."

"It happens to the best of us."

He nodded and fell silent, waiting for the conversation to finish and picking up on one end of the conversation - that Nicole had found an entry to another labyrinth.

"He also mentioned some more things that we needed to do." Serge said, remembering his time in the man's Persian styled room. "Does the term 'Heylel's Grimoire' mean anything to anyone in this room?"

He sighed, glancing back at Colin. This was turning into a more complicated discussion...bits and pieces coming together but he'd spent so long hiding that secret he still felt less than pleased to divulge it, especially as it was only half-his own.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 am

[Boston]

'Spirits might attack once I'm close enough to seal unit, sir - which is why we're removing them first. This means they might alert Fallen of our presence - if they have not already.'

"They might indeed, so if Miss Day can banish the entities that is probably for the best though trying to banish them might also set them to attack so be careful Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said.

'Want a word? Oh... goodie.' tone making it clear the Etherite expect said "words" to be that of complaint or criticism...

"You are not in trouble Miss Bouchard I need your aid in contacting a Sons of Ether Chantry."
The old mage assured you.

Unless the Chief had any other words, Nicole will end the call and continue to watch for activity in the car lot until Henrietta had finished whatever thing she was trying...

After about ten minutes of chanting and waving her knife around Henrietta took a deep breath.
"It is done."
The Hollower hedge wizard announced.
"The spirits are banished for now, let us get our task done before they can alert their masters."

[Infirmary]

Colin smiled wryly, "Good plan, both in the general and the specific."

"Yes indeed staying away from things that can harm your Avatar is a good."
Kira mumbled.

[Jeffry's Office]

He nodded, "At the very least, you told me exactly what it is, so we have that to go on."

"I will learn more about these creatures in the near future Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied.

He smiled wryly, "I suppose she might have a lingering fear of being attacked in her sleep, after... well... some things linger for incarnations on end..."

"Negative experiences from a former life can come back to haunt us in this one."
Jeffry agreed.
"But yes your apprentice can become a bit of a handful as a pouting teenager."
He added with a chuckle.

He smiled sheepishly, trying to appease Mia a bit, 'No one said anything about taking your shards without your permission - I would not dream of attempting such impudence. But some of your shards are not right, and lending such a shard to the forging of a ring might yield some interesting results... and some potential venues for righting wrung shards, or even whole Avatars that have been inverted. But you will indeed be part of that conversation, and have the final word.'

"We shall see. All of my shards are important to me, even the Fallen ones, they are like my children."
Mia said still sternly.
"But I will listen to your suggestion and we will see but I am not so sure I will let you have any of my shards to make a talisman from, not unless you have a very good argument for it."
The Avatar said and she felt very skeptical.

He grinned sheepishly, "Well, first she dragged a half-dozen Masters of Spirit in here to try to... sentence Miss Alexander on what turned out to be an illegal conviction. I managed to stall a little so Adley could get the evidence to halt the proceedings entirely, by convincing Master Tolle that Master D'Angelo's Avatar, and thus her judgment, might be affected by a shard of her Mentor's Avatar, and so she would need an examination to make sure that was not the case - the reasoning behind my request for investigation was sufficient that he approved, to her quite humiliated protests. She didn't like me much after that...

Helena raised an eyebrow.
"I see well that would indeed be a reason for the Senior Quesitor to dislike you personally Mr Wainwright, though off course I am glad that it stalled the proceedings enough to allow for my brother to get back in time with evidence that saved Miss Alexander but yes that would annoy the good Master D'Angelo indeed."

and then, a few days later, I had to hop into a Caul to tear it down from the inside, to stop something that had come out of it from murdering everyone... she tried to examine my Avatar and have me labeled as Fallen, but Mia is very much not fond of Soulrenders, so she... happily stabbed Master D'Angelo's Avatar in self defense. I hear tell Master D'Angelo still can't work magic without twinges of pain... So the good Quaesitor is particularly not happy with me, or with that there's presently nothing she can legally get me for. I'd like to keep that last part that way, even if a couple of my Cabalmates are making things a little... more difficult than they have to."

"Your Avatar can stab another soul Mr Wainwright?"
The Falmbeau said her eyes growing even wider.
"Oh my, well yes those two things do explain Vittoria D'Angelo disliking you."
She said then she sigh.
"Yes I can imagine who those members of your Cabal are."
The ice mage grumbled.
"Well hopefully you manage to stay out of Master D'Angelo's grasp.

He nodded, "We are indeed not going to contact the Fallen. I merely stated that if they were to learn of the clear and present threat, they might turn on Jace. And seeing as we've apparently had some security breaches already..."

"They might if they where to think Wallace Jace are trying to become Moloch but so far it do not seam that he is, someone else have those plans."
Jeffry replied.

He looked to Crexia, "While Master Haagen's potions are good for temporary protection when heading for battle, something more... long-term might also be valuable, as well as multiple layers of protection; what precisely did you have in mind?"

"An illusion, one that will create any information you please when someone try to read your mind, they will read it but rather they will see the illusion with the information you want to feed them, rather than what you wish to stay hidden my good man."
Crexia said.
"It should not be to hard to set up."

Helena, Crexia and Jeffry leaned over to see the drawing and the Chief nodded when you where done explaining.
"I see, so this creature can change her from Mr Yager."
He said and Crexia nodded.
"Often a predator will try to attract it's pray by appearing to be exactly what the prey want Mr Yager do not feel bad, it is the oldest trick in the book because it works."
The old Tytalus said softly.

Serge took the tablet and read through it carefully. "Unless there's anyone better, I can always provide that protection." he said as he handed the tablet to the person next to him, likely Crexia.

Crexia took the tablet but she looked at Adley to ask him if she was supposed to read it before doing so.

"I'll talk with her. Don't have much practice with wards myself." Serge replied. "Might be better if I get tips from her and do it myself though. There are some places I want wards that I doubt she'd be able to reach."

"Why would my Cabalmate need to reach a physical spot in order to place a ward Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"She is using Ars not painting your walls."

"I doubt I inherited anything from him. I'm his heir not his reincarnation." Serge replied. "That guy's a legend among cultists. Doubt I could ever truly be like him. But he chose me for a reason. And I don't intend to disappoint him."

"Perhaps he sees something of himself in your Mr Yager."
Crexia said.

Jeffry looked at Adley and Colin then he sigh and nodded.
"yes it do, what did the great Seer say about it Mr Yager?"
The old war mage asked as his gaze returned to the young Cultist.

"It happens to the best of us."

"Yes well I guess you are right Adley."
Your sister said and she scratched her head.
"No harm done I guess."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:34 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Hopefully not...' the Etherite replied, hoping that if there had been a risk of that happening, Henrettia would have said so - after all, a leader couldn't make the right call if they didn't have as many pieces of info to weigh up...

Anja's Post:

'Ah. I see.' sounding almost disappointed that she wasn't in trouble. 'Depending on this, should be back between fifteen and thirty. I'll call you when we're back; will need to report this anyway...'

Anja's Post:

Giving a firm nod, Nicole fired up the engine and accelerated out of the parking-spot; intending to park as close to the warehouse entry as possible. On arrival, she'll kill the engine, pull out the keys and toss them into Jon's lap. 'You're emergency driver. If this fucks up you teleport to car, right? Now let's do this shit as quickly as possible... oh, and grab the tube from the glovebox.' getting out of the car and stretching out a bit.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:48 am

[Jeffry's Office]

Adley wrote:He leaned over to look at the drawing, frowning. "I am glad you were not harmed."

"With Mr. Wainwright and flame sword angel nearby? There was no chance I'd be harmed." Serge said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:Helena, Crexia and Jeffry leaned over to see the drawing and the Chief nodded when you where done explaining.
"Often a predator will try to attract it's pray by appearing to be exactly what the prey want Mr Yager do not feel bad, it is the oldest trick in the book because it works."

"I suppose...." Serge said still sound unconvinced. However he knew better than to argue, especially when there were more important topics at hand.  

Anja wrote:"Why would my Cabalmate need to reach a physical spot in order to place a ward Mr Yager?"

"Perhaps I'm over thinking things. But I wasn't referring to a physical spot or even a physical space. Although I was referring to Anna when I said she wouldn't be able to reach it. Your cabalmate will likely be able to reach it fine regardless, if your referring to Deaconess O'Connor that is." Serge explained politely. "But I'll ask the Deaconess about that subject when I meet her later."

Anja wrote:Jeffry looked at Adley and Colin then he sigh and nodded.

"He said to find it. Inside are the methods the enemy is using. Once we find it we're suppose to use it against the enemy." he explained. "He didn't know where the grimoire was or what was in it. But he did say that it will be necessary to defeat the moloch. But at the same time that grimoire can also be what creates the moloch."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:21 am

[Boston]

'Hopefully not...' the Etherite replied, hoping that if there had been a risk of that happening, Henrettia would have said so - after all, a leader couldn't make the right call if they didn't have as many pieces of info to weigh up...

"I hope not as well, Miss Day have my utmost confidence though, she might be a hedge witch in every sense of the word but she is a rather powerful one."
Jeffry replied.

Ah. I see.' sounding almost disappointed that she wasn't in trouble. 'Depending on this, should be back between fifteen and thirty. I'll call you when we're back; will need to report this anyway...'

"Very well I will see you then. Dr Terlitzer have sent word from the Umbra docks, I should have a better grasp about what the damned Progenitor have found out by the time you have returned to Steelhaven."
The Chief replied sounding pleased at this.

Giving a firm nod, Nicole fired up the engine and accelerated out of the parking-spot; intending to park as close to the warehouse entry as possible. On arrival, she'll kill the engine, pull out the keys and toss them into Jon's lap. 'You're emergency driver. If this fucks up you teleport to car, right? Now let's do this shit as quickly as possible... oh, and grab the tube from the glovebox.' getting out of the car and stretching out a bit.

"I can teleport to the car indeed."
Jon said as he caught the keys and put them in his pocket and then the retrieved the tube from the glove compartment and handed it to you.
"I will keep watch while you to seal the door."
Henrietta said as she put her ritual tools back into her bag and got out of the car.

You could park right next to the storage unit so that it would be practical to just drive up and retrieve something. The door to the unit was a metal roll up door like for a garage but not as wide.
"Let us get to work."
Jon said and he frowned as he looked around.

[Jeffry's Office]

"With Mr. Wainwright and flame sword angel nearby? There was no chance I'd be harmed." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I am glad your Cabalmate and our noble spirit friend was able to help you and make sure you was not harmed Mr Yager."
Jeffry said then he gave a wry smile.
"I would be terrified of your teacher if I let any harm befall you."

"I suppose...." Serge said still sound unconvinced. However he knew better than to argue, especially when there were more important topics at hand.

"With every negative experience young man, no matter how painful comes a lesson, and as long as that lesson in learned you did nothing wrong."
Crexia said as she glanced over at Serge.

"Perhaps I'm over thinking things. But I wasn't referring to a physical spot or even a physical space. Although I was referring to Anna when I said she wouldn't be able to reach it. Your cabalmate will likely be able to reach it fine regardless, if your referring to Deaconess O'Connor that is." Serge explained politely. "But I'll ask the Deaconess about that subject when I meet her later."

"I see I thought that you where referring to asking the Deaconess as we was talking about asking her to set up wards against dream and mental attacks, something Miss Wainwright might not be able to help you with yet."
Jeffry said.
"Though I think it would make the kid's day if she was asked as well, I remember the first time I was asked to help magickally with an important task when I was a child studying at Mus, it made me feel so grown up."
The Security Chief said with a smile at the memory.
"If the girl's Mentor will agree to her helping out that is."

"He said to find it. Inside are the methods the enemy is using. Once we find it we're suppose to use it against the enemy." he explained. "He didn't know where the grimoire was or what was in it. But he did say that it will be necessary to defeat the moloch. But at the same time that grimoire can also be what creates the moloch."

"I see...that do not tell us much more than we already knew, we knew that the potential Moloch want the grimoire, we just have to make sure to get to it first."
Jeffry replied with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:07 am

Jeremy wrote:"I'll talk with her. Don't have much practice with wards myself." Serge replied. "Might be better if I get tips from her and do it myself though. There are some places I want wards that I doubt she'd be able to reach."
Anja wrote:"Why would my Cabalmate need to reach a physical spot in order to place a ward Mr Yager?"
Jeremy wrote:"Perhaps I'm over thinking things. But I wasn't referring to a physical spot or even a physical space. Although I was referring to Anna when I said she wouldn't be able to reach it. Your cabalmate will likely be able to reach it fine regardless, if your referring to Deaconess O'Connor that is." Serge explained politely. "But I'll ask the Deaconess about that subject when I meet her later."
Anja wrote:"I see I thought that you where referring to asking the Deaconess as we was talking about asking her to set up wards against dream and mental attacks, something Miss Wainwright might not be able to help you with yet."
Jeffry said.
"Though I think it would make the kid's day if she was asked as well, I remember the first time I was asked to help magickally with an important task when I was a child studying at Mus, it made me feel so grown up."
Colin nodded, "I would not have suggested it if I weren't going to agree, now would I? And Anna doesn't need to physically reach a spot she can see to ward it - she can't touch the apartment ceiling, but I would not want to be the one breaking in through it..."

Jeremy wrote:"....Oh right. No one but me actually saw what happened." Serge realized when Colin's interpretation of the event didn't exactly match his own. As Colin talked, he flipped through his notepad until he landed on a specific picture. He turned towards Colin and Adley, and anyone else who wanted to see.

S7trif3 wrote:He leaned over to look at the drawing, frowning. "I am glad you were not harmed."
Jeremy wrote:"With Mr. Wainwright and flame sword angel nearby? There was no chance I'd be harmed." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"I am glad your Cabalmate and our noble spirit friend was able to help you and make sure you was not harmed Mr Yager."
Jeffry said then he gave a wry smile.
"I would be terrified of your teacher if I let any harm befall you."
He frowned, "In the previous timeline, where I'd arrived later to the Chantry and we'd lost several members to the attack, we were delayed because the Banshee had injured you, Mr. Yager. For once, I am not the one who is being too cavalier with regards to the personal danger; you do not realize how close you were to getting badly hurt - but on some level, that is perhaps a blessing, too. Still, Dr. Boudavich would be the least of our worries if you were harmed, I think - your Mentor's Mentor, and her Mentor again, would be far greater hazards to our continued well-being if they were to decide we'd been lax in protecting you."
He paused for a moment, "Come to think of it, they might have a few pieces of advice regarding this problem, too."

Anja wrote:Helena, Crexia and Jeffry leaned over to see the drawing and the Chief nodded when you where done explaining.
Jeremy wrote:"I suppose...." Serge said still sound unconvinced. However he knew better than to argue, especially when there were more important topics at hand.
Anja wrote:"With every negative experience young man, no matter how painful comes a lesson, and as long as that lesson in learned you did nothing wrong."
He nodded sagely, "None of us are immune to the right bait. The important thing is that you weren't hurt badly."

Anja wrote:"We shall see. All of my shards are important to me, even the Fallen ones, they are like my children."
Mia said still sternly.
"But I will listen to your suggestion and we will see but I am not so sure I will let you have any of my shards to make a talisman from, not unless you have a very good argument for it."
The Avatar said and she felt very skeptical.
He smiled thinly, 'Perhaps, with Cita's help, we can manage to create an artificial Phylactery, where new shard clusters like yourself can grow, if we find one strong shard to form the core. It wouldn't have to be one of yours, but it might require one to get things started, so to speak... but that's just one idea, and I don't have the power or skill to try it yet, anyway, no matter how eager you would be to help.'

Anja wrote:Helena raised an eyebrow.
"I see well that would indeed be a reason for the Senior Quesitor to dislike you personally Mr Wainwright, though off course I am glad that it stalled the proceedings enough to allow for my brother to get back in time with evidence that saved Miss Alexander but yes that would annoy the good Master D'Angelo indeed."
He nodded, "What I'm still uncertain of is why Master D'Angelo has such an irrational hatred for all widderslaintes. From what we can tell, she and her brother are... deeply compromised, and thanks to them, there were only two widderslainte in Boston during the previous troubles - your youngest brother, and Miss Alexander. Not for lack of trying on Master D'Angelo's part."

Anja wrote:"Your Avatar can stab another soul Mr Wainwright?"
The Falmbeau said her eyes growing even wider.
"Oh my, well yes those two things do explain Vittoria D'Angelo disliking you."
She said then she sigh.
"Yes I can imagine who those members of your Cabal are."
The ice mage grumbled.
"Well hopefully you manage to stay out of Master D'Angelo's grasp.
He smiled wryly, "I don't know if you've met Mr. Karyak yet... but yes, Mia can stab another soul. In a crisis, she can burst like a fragmentation grenade - that's how she took down a Caul from within without Falling. I... don't recommend trying, it was intensely painful..."

Anja wrote:"They might if they where to think Wallace Jace are trying to become Moloch but so far it do not seam that he is, someone else have those plans."
Jeffry replied.
He nodded, "I believe Moloch will become aware of Jace's work and try to steal the Forest, which ultimately leads to the same problem..."

Jeremy wrote:"I doubt I inherited anything from him. I'm his heir not his reincarnation." Serge replied. "That guy's a legend among cultists. Doubt I could ever truly be like him. But he chose me for a reason. And I don't intend to disappoint him."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps he sees something of himself in your Mr Yager."
Crexia said.
He smiled warmly, "You're more like him than you know, and you did inherit his place in the Cabal from him. Oh, and in case you were contemplating trying - he was something of a hopeless romantic, but your Tradition has painted an unfair picture of the man in regards to his... prowess."

Anja wrote:"An illusion, one that will create any information you please when someone try to read your mind, they will read it but rather they will see the illusion with the information you want to feed them, rather than what you wish to stay hidden my good man."
Crexia said.
"It should not be to hard to set up."
He nodded, then smiled darkly, "Well, I think I know exactly what to give them, then - it worked fine against Siege's attempt to pry, after all..."

Jeremy wrote:"He also mentioned some more things that we needed to do." Serge said, remembering his time in the man's Persian styled room. "Does the term 'Heylel's Grimoire' mean anything to anyone in this room?"
S7trif3 wrote:He sighed, glancing back at Colin. This was turning into a more complicated discussion...bits and pieces coming together but he'd spent so long hiding that secret he still felt less than pleased to divulge it, especially as it was only half-his own.
Anja wrote:Jeffry looked at Adley and Colin then he sigh and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"He said to find it. Inside are the methods the enemy is using. Once we find it we're suppose to use it against the enemy." he explained. "He didn't know where the grimoire was or what was in it. But he did say that it will be necessary to defeat the moloch. But at the same time that grimoire can also be what creates the moloch."
Anja wrote:"I see...that do not tell us much more than we already knew, we knew that the potential Moloch want the grimoire, we just have to make sure to get to it first."
He frowned, "I know what it is, where it is, and much of what it contains. We hid it, after all, 545 years ago. It was Teomim's greatest work, detailing, let's see if I recall correctly... how to create a Rebis like themselves, theory on how to bind a Psychopomp to a Mage, how to make alterations to - not injure or heal, but fundamentally alter - Avatars. And this was in the time when Mages weren't entirely sure about Avatars in the first place; many, if not most, still had Founts. It was hidden because while it contains the keys to defeating Moloch, it also contains the keys for some overly ambitious monster to become Moloch... and we couldn't have that on our conscience in case we... didn't make it back."
He frowned, "I'll say this much, I know where it is, and if I ask the right people, I could probably have it in my hands tonight... but exposing it like that would make for a new security risk. The secrecy, for now, is probably for the better..."

((OOC: Okay, best get moving for D&D soon. Long travel time and all that. See y'all later.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 am

Colin nodded, "I would not have suggested it if I weren't going to agree, now would I? And Anna doesn't need to physically reach a spot she can see to ward it - she can't touch the apartment ceiling, but I would not want to be the one breaking in through it..."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright indeed so."
Jeffry agreed.

He frowned, "In the previous timeline, where I'd arrived later to the Chantry and we'd lost several members to the attack, we were delayed because the Banshee had injured you, Mr. Yager. For once, I am not the one who is being too cavalier with regards to the personal danger; you do not realize how close you were to getting badly hurt - but on some level, that is perhaps a blessing, too. Still, Dr. Boudavich would be the least of our worries if you were harmed, I think - your Mentor's Mentor, and her Mentor again, would be far greater hazards to our continued well-being if they were to decide we'd been lax in protecting you."
He paused for a moment, "Come to think of it, they might have a few pieces of advice regarding this problem, too."

"Ah yes the most impressive Master Babu and the Seat of Time herself, indeed we would not want to end up in their disfavor, however yes I agree they might have some ideas about this danger Mr Yager find himself in, and it is worth contacting them to ask."
The Security Chief agreed.

He smiled thinly, 'Perhaps, with Cita's help, we can manage to create an artificial Phylactery, where new shard clusters like yourself can grow, if we find one strong shard to form the core. It wouldn't have to be one of yours, but it might require one to get things started, so to speak... but that's just one idea, and I don't have the power or skill to try it yet, anyway, no matter how eager you would be to help.'

"A strong shard to form the center of a new cluster would form an Avatar like me and not a regular, less organized cluster."
Mia said.
"It is a possibility indeed...this we can discuss with Master Telar. On day perhaps such a cluster will be needed."

He nodded, "What I'm still uncertain of is why Master D'Angelo has such an irrational hatred for all widderslaintes. From what we can tell, she and her brother are... deeply compromised, and thanks to them, there were only two widderslainte in Boston during the previous troubles - your youngest brother, and Miss Alexander. Not for lack of trying on Master D'Angelo's part."

"Do you think there is a chance that the twins are looking for the reincarnation of the Nephandus that Gilgulled their Mentor. From what I have been told about them, their teacher was kidnapped by the Nephandi, when he refused to join he was...that...the twins came to late to save him and for over a year they tended to the husk that was left until he passed, something like that could create a powerful grudge."
Helena said with a frown before she sipped her coffee again.

He smiled wryly, "I don't know if you've met Mr. Karyak yet... but yes, Mia can stab another soul. In a crisis, she can burst like a fragmentation grenade - that's how she took down a Caul from within without Falling. I... don't recommend trying, it was intensely painful..."

"No I have not yet had the pleasure Mr Wainwright."
The ice mage said then her eyes widened a bit.
"I find myself both terrified and impressed by the tactical capabilities of your Avatar Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"I guess the reason why your soul is a shard cluster is that is what was left of Master Teomim?"
She asked.
"If the question is not to private and you can be completely sure I will never step into a Caul. I would shoot myself in the head before I let that happen."
The Flambau declared in a determined tone of voice.

He nodded, "I believe Moloch will become aware of Jace's work and try to steal the Forest, which ultimately leads to the same problem..."

"Yes that is quite possible Mr Wainwright, however the question is would the Nephandi believe that."
Jeffry said and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, then smiled darkly, "Well, I think I know exactly what to give them, then - it worked fine against Siege's attempt to pry, after all..."

"We can do the working once we are done here then, and I will not need to see the ehm...trap to cast the spell so you will be assured your privacy Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a nod.

He frowned, "I know what it is, where it is, and much of what it contains. We hid it, after all, 545 years ago. It was Teomim's greatest work, detailing, let's see if I recall correctly... how to create a Rebis like themselves, theory on how to bind a Psychopomp to a Mage, how to make alterations to - not injure or heal, but fundamentally alter - Avatars. And this was in the time when Mages weren't entirely sure about Avatars in the first place; many, if not most, still had Founts. It was hidden because while it contains the keys to defeating Moloch, it also contains the keys for some overly ambitious monster to become Moloch... and we couldn't have that on our conscience in case we... didn't make it back."
He frowned, "I'll say this much, I know where it is, and if I ask the right people, I could probably have it in my hands tonight... but exposing it like that would make for a new security risk. The secrecy, for now, is probably for the better..."

"I believe that is wise Mr Wainwright, we can not get the grimoire before we are ready to protect it, if our enemies where to learn it is here the Chantry would be under constant attack."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"So I shall trust you on this."
He added. Crexia nodded.
"Master Teomim was a wonderful mage, they was said to have to power to undo...what I did to myself that long ago, being able to untangle a lich's Gift from their body. The Traditions have never had a magus as skilled with Avatars, though one day perhaps young Master Telar will surpass them...though she is not quite there yet."

(OOC: I am going to be attending the same game so I might be a bit slow to respond today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:13 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Like that means it what she does makes any more sense to me...' the technomancer quipped.

Anja's Post:

'Uh-huh.' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:

Before leaving the car, Nicole grabbed her rucksack, carrying it on one shoulder as they moved into the warehouse, carefully looking for any cameras as they went down the bare hallways towards the unit, one hand using her cell to track for any "visitors".

On reaching the unit, the Etherite turned to the other two. 'Shall we take a quick peek at it's contents, or simply seal it up and get out of here?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 am

[Boston]

Like that means it what she does makes any more sense to me...' the technomancer quipped.

"Well this communication device we are talking through makes no sense to me, I am used to using scrying orbs or mirrors for such. However I have come to slowly accept that it works, perhaps you have to do the same with Miss Day's methods Miss Bouchard."

Before leaving the car, Nicole grabbed her rucksack, carrying it on one shoulder as they moved into the warehouse, carefully looking for any cameras as they went down the bare hallways towards the unit, one hand using her cell to track for any "visitors".

On reaching the unit, the Etherite turned to the other two. 'Shall we take a quick peek at it's contents, or simply seal it up and get out of here?'

There was no one in the building right now, through from how worn the floor was this building was in frequent use. There had been a camera once but now only the mounting was left as it had been taken down or most likely stolen and the owner had not bothered replacing it.
"It should be safe enough, there are nothing magickal in there other than the portal, so taking a peak should be okey."
Jon said with a shrug. Henrietta nodded.
"Seams ok to me now that we are here but we better be quick about it before those spirits can let the Nephandi know that we are here."
The Hollower agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Colin wrote:He frowned, "In the previous timeline, where I'd arrived later to the Chantry and we'd lost several members to the attack, we were delayed because the Banshee had injured you, Mr. Yager. For once, I am not the one who is being too cavalier with regards to the personal danger; you do not realize how close you were to getting badly hurt - but on some level, that is perhaps a blessing, too. Still, Dr. Boudavich would be the least of our worries if you were harmed, I think - your Mentor's Mentor, and her Mentor again, would be far greater hazards to our continued well-being if they were to decide we'd been lax in protecting you."
Anja wrote:"Ah yes the most impressive Master Babu and the Seat of Time herself, indeed we would not want to end up in their disfavor, however yes I agree they might have some ideas about this danger Mr Yager find himself in, and it is worth contacting them to ask."
The Security Chief agreed.

"I'll add them to the list of people we need to talk to." Serge said with a sigh, looking sadder when Colin brought up the members that were harmed in the other timeline due to his negligence.  

Anja wrote:"With every negative experience young man, no matter how painful comes a lesson, and as long as that lesson in learned you did nothing wrong."
Colin wrote:He nodded sagely, "None of us are immune to the right bait. The important thing is that you weren't hurt badly."

Serge simply nodded, wanting to change topic and not dwell on the monster chasing him.

Anja wrote:"I see I thought that you where referring to asking the Deaconess as we was talking about asking her to set up wards against dream and mental attacks, something Miss Wainwright might not be able to help you with yet."
Jeffry said.

"Trust me. I know that feeling all to well. Feeling wanted and important enough to be asked for something. Love that feeling. Perhaps a bit too much." Serge said with a knowing nod.

Anja wrote:Colin nodded, "I would not have suggested it if I weren't going to agree, now would I? And Anna doesn't need to physically reach a spot she can see to ward it - she can't touch the apartment ceiling, but I would not want to be the one breaking in through it..."

"What if she can't see it? What if she doesn't exist in the same plane of existence as it? That's likely where the problem lies." Serge said with a chuckle. "And I'll ask her for some tips but I do wanna do most of the magick in my own room. Like you said Anna's magick feels...off. I don't mean any disrespect but I would prefer if it was my own touch."

Colin wrote:He smiled warmly, "You're more like him than you know, and you did inherit his place in the Cabal from him. Oh, and in case you were contemplating trying - he was something of a hopeless romantic, but your Tradition has painted an unfair picture of the man in regards to his... prowess."

"Yeah, I asked him about that as well. According to him he was quite successful in his endeavors." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"I see...that do not tell us much more than we already knew, we knew that the potential Moloch want the grimoire, we just have to make sure to get to it first."
Colin wrote:He frowned, "I know what it is, where it is, and much of what it contains. We hid it, after all, 545 years ago. It was Teomim's greatest work, detailing, let's see if I recall correctly... how to create a Rebis like themselves, theory on how to bind a Psychopomp to a Mage, how to make alterations to - not injure or heal, but fundamentally alter - Avatars. And this was in the time when Mages weren't entirely sure about Avatars in the first place; many, if not most, still had Founts. It was hidden because while it contains the keys to defeating Moloch, it also contains the keys for some overly ambitious monster to become Moloch... and we couldn't have that on our conscience in case we... didn't make it back."
Anja wrote:"I believe that is wise Mr Wainwright, we can not get the grimoire before we are ready to protect it, if our enemies where to learn it is here the Chantry would be under constant attack."
Jeffry said with a nod.
He added. Crexia nodded.
"Master Teomim was a wonderful mage, they was said to have to power to undo...what I did to myself that long ago, being able to untangle a lich's Gift from their body. The Traditions have never had a magus as skilled with Avatars, though one day perhaps young Master Telar will surpass them...though she is not quite there yet."

Serge sighed and looked to the floor. "Then that's all the information I got. Mr. Wainwright mostly covered everything else that Arkites told me. In some way shape or form."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:58 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Trust me. I know that feeling all to well. Feeling wanted and important enough to be asked for something. Love that feeling. Perhaps a bit too much." Serge said with a knowing nod.

Jeffry looked at you and he just nodded at that.

"What if she can't see it? What if she doesn't exist in the same plane of existence as it? That's likely where the problem lies." Serge said with a chuckle. "And I'll ask her for some tips but I do wanna do most of the magick in my own room. Like you said Anna's magick feels...off. I don't mean any disrespect but I would prefer if it was my own touch."

"I am not sure if the girl's Paradigm limit her to line of sight. It do seam that her wards touch the Gauntlet just fine though Mr Yager."
The Chief said and he raised his eyebrow.
"I am not sure what you are getting at here but if you wish to make your own wards then certainly you may do so."

"Yeah, I asked him about that as well. According to him he was quite successful in his endeavors." Serge said with a smile.

"So he claimed yes."
Crexia said with a chuckle.

Serge sighed and looked to the floor. "Then that's all the information I got. Mr. Wainwright mostly covered everything else that Arkites told me. In some way shape or form."

"I still think you should tell us about the meeting if you are comfortable with that Mr Yager, in case there are some clue in such a tale that we have missed."
Jeffry replied with a nod.
"But it is up to you off course young man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:21 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

Anja wrote:"I still think you should tell us about the meeting if you are comfortable with that Mr Yager, in case there are some clue in such a tale that we have missed."

"It's better if I get everything out. Sorry if some of this is repeat of what Mr. Wainwright said." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out his notepad, always being able to remember things better while he was drawing. As he drew he recalled what Arkites had told him, "He told me about the static world and what will happen if the enemy wins. He told me that the being who will become moloch will find the screamer in some deep dark woods."

Serge took a breath, mostly to give the others time to parse what he was saying before continuing, "In his vision of what is to come he told me this. A new rebis will be formed, they will merge with a psychopomp and become a dark god. The nine need to be gathered and stand firm against the moloch and any past transgression must be amended between them. Heylel's grimoire must be found and used against the enemy. Three will have to make terrible sacrifices in this battle and countless will be injured but he did foresee victory if we act properly."

Serge took another breath and continued, "I asked him some question and his answers were.....vague. Since he was a sliver of his actual self only meant to send a message he couldn't provide me with many answers. The sacrifices the three would make will be personal. The enemy is fervently looking for the grimoire. Aaaand...that's about it. At least that's all the important stuff I can remember."

He turned his notpad around to show a picture of the Arkites and Serge, sitting in the Persian styled room chatting away. "Just in case you guys were curious."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"Let's keep it that way."

"The magick that inverted avatars use...ones that have been through the caul in some lifetime are not like what any other magii does any longer. Instead of building on the possibilities of the Tellurian, changing them, breaking them down to basic parts, or making something, their magick utterly annihilates any promise or potential of something being another way. In the end the effect appears the same, you cast a spell and the spellwork seems to activate but it is not through manifestation, rather the opposite. It breaks the fabric that holds the universe together, strand after strand, until all that is left is what their spell intends. That is what feels off, you know something is not quite right..."

"An illusion, one that will create any information you please when someone try to read your mind, they will read it but rather they will see the illusion with the information you want to feed them, rather than what you wish to stay hidden my good man." Crexia said. "It should not be to hard to set up."

"That could be useful." he agreed.

Crexia took the tablet but she looked at Adley to ask him if she was supposed to read it before doing so.

'Please, do and thank you for checking," he said to Crexia.

"I see...that do not tell us much more than we already knew, we knew that the potential Moloch want the grimoire, we just have to make sure to get to it first."
"I believe that is wise Mr Wainwright, we can not get the grimoire before we are ready to protect it, if our enemies where to learn it is here the Chantry would be under constant attack."
Jeffry said with a nod.
He added. Crexia nodded.

Adley listened quietly to the exchange, pulling at one of his sleeves until he realized he was getting restless and forced himself to stop.

"It is good to have confirmation of things," he said, glancing at Serge.

"I still think you should tell us about the meeting if you are comfortable with that Mr Yager, in case there are some clue in such a tale that we have missed."
"It's better if I get everything out. Sorry if some of this is repeat of what Mr. Wainwright said." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out his notepad, always being able to remember things better while he was drawing...

Adley listened to the review of the conversation and then looked at the drawing Serge had completed. He nodded more to himself than to Serge, and retreated again with a doleful expression on his face. He couldn't help but feel a lurch, wondering what else he and the others would be required to sacrifice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next