Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 17 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:46 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, for an opening volley, it could be a great maneuver, shuffling you to the back of the line right after."

"That might work dad but then we will need to test it first to be sure I got it right."
Anna agreed with a nod.

He grinned, "Thank Dr. Lee for those..."

"I will do so dad."
Your apprentice agreed.

[Common Room]

He nodded to Helena, then stepped quickly into the kitchen to fetch a spoon and a saucer, then came to the table and carefully used the spoon to measure up a dram of the ashes into the saucer, "Now, ladies and gentlemen, has Lady Crexia explained what this spell does? And I would recommend those of you capable of doing so to cast your spells to see the magical patterns employed here. It's a disgusting sort of Tass, but it's perfect for this purpose."

You soon had a gaggle of mages gathered around you. At your invitations several cast spells to see what the Tass on the table was, a kid with turquoise hair typed something on his phone, Helena used her hand gestures, a man of about 30 used a dagger to prick his thumb and then through the blood to his glasses, the variation was astonishing, but everyone looked rather disgusted afterwards.
"That Tass is major corrupted."
The kid with the dyed hair announced.
"It would not be safe at all, I am running a clean up program on my phone just from checking it!"
He announced while doing just that.

(OOC: My spell checker wanted to change variation to crucifixion...ehm...not an appropriate thing to do in Steelhaven's common room. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 17 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:44 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"That might work dad but then we will need to test it first to be sure I got it right."
Anna agreed with a nod.
Colin smiled, "Well, then, we shall see if we get volunteers. It would be... rude to test it on our allies without consent."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:You soon had a gaggle of mages gathered around you. At your invitations several cast spells to see what the Tass on the table was, a kid with turquoise hair typed something on his phone, Helena used her hand gestures, a man of about 30 used a dagger to prick his thumb and then through the blood to his glasses, the variation was astonishing, but everyone looked rather disgusted afterwards.
"That Tass is major corrupted."
The kid with the dyed hair announced.
"It would not be safe at all, I am running a clean up program on my phone just from checking it!"
He announced while doing just that.
He smiled thinly at the younger Mage's reaction, "This is part of the remains of a particularly cruel and callous vampire I was... forced to show the light of day to. It is indeed what is considered corrupted, however, the purpose of this demonstration, of this tutorial, is to teach Miss Mar, and anyone else who might find it tolerable to learn from a mere Orphan, how to dispose of it safely, or even possibly employ it for practical and tactical purposes. I've had some modest success in weaponizing some really horrid Tass with it, as well as aiding Master Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau with the drainage of a Ball of Abysmal Flame that threatened to blow up the Umbra Port two months ago, and drained a tainted Node so that our Node Cleaners were able to work safely without having to handle excess corrupted Quintessence while they worked. Additionally, Master Cita Telar bani Virtual Adepts employed it quite expertly in cleaning up an Avatar with advanced vampiric blood addiction - the patient is making quite a fine recovery, as I hear it. Now, here is how it works in fairly crude terms..."
He went on in careful detail about how to work a spell's matrix to draw Quintessence for fuel from an external source instead of from the caster themselves, and finally glanced around, "Now, to show how it works, please keep your attention on the Resonances of the area as I do... this."
He snapped his fingers, focusing on the Prime ring on his finger, and drew the Tass into a shard hovering a little over the table before fizzling out.

((OOC: Arete roll, just for show: 5,7,9. Should be more than sufficient. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:05 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled, "Well, then, we shall see if we get volunteers. It would be... rude to test it on our allies without consent."

"Yeah that would be rude indeed...fun but rude..."
Anna agreed.

[Common Room]

He smiled thinly at the younger Mage's reaction, "This is part of the remains of a particularly cruel and callous vampire I was... forced to show the light of day to. It is indeed what is considered corrupted, however, the purpose of this demonstration, of this tutorial, is to teach Miss Mar, and anyone else who might find it tolerable to learn from a mere Orphan, how to dispose of it safely, or even possibly employ it for practical and tactical purposes. I've had some modest success in weaponizing some really horrid Tass with it, as well as aiding Master Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau with the drainage of a Ball of Abysmal Flame that threatened to blow up the Umbra Port two months ago, and drained a tainted Node so that our Node Cleaners were able to work safely without having to handle excess corrupted Quintessence while they worked. Additionally, Master Cita Telar bani Virtual Adepts employed it quite expertly in cleaning up an Avatar with advanced vampiric blood addiction - the patient is making quite a fine recovery, as I hear it. Now, here is how it works in fairly crude terms..."

"Yeah sure...Orphan not a problem...but I am not sure how vampire dust could ever be made safe."
Mr Creative Hair Color replied.
"Yes I was told how you save my Mentor and I am grateful for that Mr Wainwright."
Helena chimed in as the gathered mages settled down to watch what you where going to do, Favian stood in a corner looking sour though.

He went on in careful detail about how to work a spell's matrix to draw Quintessence for fuel from an external source instead of from the caster themselves, and finally glanced around, "Now, to show how it works, please keep your attention on the Resonances of the area as I do... this."
He snapped his fingers, focusing on the Prime ring on his finger, and drew the Tass into a shard hovering a little over the table before fizzling out.

There where quite a few questions from the gathered magi, and some problems trying to teach so many of so different Paradigms, but after some careful explanations you seamed to get them to understand. Helena said nothing she just paid attention, you cast your spell and a few of the gathered willwoerkers gasped, finally Helena spoke.
"I think indeed I get it Mr Wainwright...a most elegant design really, and this rote could come in quite handy. I would have to try it out a few times off course to be sure I got the hang of it but yes this can indeed ensure safe removal and perhaps handling of heavily or unfrtunatly resonated Quintessence."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:48 pm

[Common Room]

"At times promptness is of the essence Sodalis."
Crexia replied simply.

He gave her a nod. "Yes, ma'am. I was suggesting that there be three to four groups, and the assemblage of home guard. Each unit being able to work on it's own, with a healer, defense and offense. Spiritual as well as physical," he quickly updated her.
"Most of us have gotten that foul potion already Sodalis."
Flavian replied and the girl he had just scowled at nodded.
"Yeah and I have to agree that it did not taste good, like eating bitter chalk."

"Not pleasant tasting but effective."

"That is a good idea Sodalis."
The ancient maga agreed simply. Adeptus Flavian only managed a grunted commented of how honored he was to work with Crexia as he was currently moving tables, not daring to complain.

"Excellent, ma'am." Then he began writing out some notes on who should go where, once he got more input from the gathered magii. His goal was to keep homeguard to those who he thought were trustworthy and also knew the place they were guarding, keep Anna safe possibly with him at the back of the line but with someone who might be handy with correspondence. If Crexia or his pater were leading front the front, he could watch the back. And it would keep Flavian from having too much to do with anyone he might not care for too much. Next was where to put Gabriella, distribute the Verbena and so forth. He was finishing up his first assessment when Colin came back. While he would have liked to be on Colin's team, it made sense for him not to be if Anna was with him, and then he bumped Gabby over to him. He would have no issue with a bit of werecat help, after all and would treat her appropriately.

He nodded to Colin and Anna when he came back and then raised his eyebrow a bit. At least the lesson would not take too long, for they did not have too much time. He cast prime to see the spell in action, making the old gestures for the technique of Intelligo, for perception and the form of vim, magic. He watched the instruction again - like his sora, he was quiet and absorbing it, but was also keeping a lookout. He'd seen it before and heard him explain it but, it was always useful to see things again. He'd gotten a lot of inspiration that way, and watching the crowd could also afford insight. After the burst of questions was subsiding, he said, "I apologize for interrupting, but we do need to get back to planning. I know you have many questions for this most useful working, but I do hope that the more in depth ones may wait for now...that way we can put up our spells before we have to go..."

// Prime: 7,4,5

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:58 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"Yeah sure...Orphan not a problem...but I am not sure how vampire dust could ever be made safe."
Mr Creative Hair Color replied.
"Yes I was told how you save my Mentor and I am grateful for that Mr Wainwright."
Helena chimed in as the gathered mages settled down to watch what you where going to do, Favian stood in a corner looking sour though."
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, I wouldn't put it on my cereal or anything - the point is that it can be dealt with without risking your Avatar's sanctity.

Anja wrote:There where quite a few questions from the gathered magi, and some problems trying to teach so many of so different Paradigms, but after some careful explanations you seamed to get them to understand. Helena said nothing she just paid attention, you cast your spell and a few of the gathered willwoerkers gasped, finally Helena spoke.
"I think indeed I get it Mr Wainwright...a most elegant design really, and this rote could come in quite handy. I would have to try it out a few times off course to be sure I got the hang of it but yes this can indeed ensure safe removal and perhaps handling of heavily or unfrtunatly resonated Quintessence."
He nodded and portioned out another dram of the ashes, "Well, if you feel confident you've figured it out, I can certainly spare a dram as a, hm, final exam."
He looked around, "Now, this little trick has untold practical applications, I'm sure you can all make your own innovations around it."

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded to Colin and Anna when he came back and then raised his eyebrow a bit. At least the lesson would not take too long, for they did not have too much time. He cast prime to see the spell in action, making the old gestures for the technique of Intelligo, for perception and the form of vim, magic. He watched the instruction again - like his sora, he was quiet and absorbing it, but was also keeping a lookout. He'd seen it before and heard him explain it but, it was always useful to see things again. He'd gotten a lot of inspiration that way, and watching the crowd could also afford insight. After the burst of questions was subsiding, he said, "I apologize for interrupting, but we do need to get back to planning. I know you have many questions for this most useful working, but I do hope that the more in depth ones may wait for now...that way we can put up our spells before we have to go..."
He nodded, "Of course, Miss Mar agreed to teach me a bit of energy control in return, but that's less urgent. However, Anna has worked out a novel spell that might be tactically useful if it works as intended, but it is untested - a roiling wave that will impede Magi caught in its path. I'd like to ask for some volunteers quickly, if that's alright."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:20 pm

[Common Room]

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, I wouldn't put it on my cereal or anything - the point is that it can be dealt with without risking your Avatar's sanctity.

He shuddered at the thought.

"Of course, Miss Mar agreed to teach me a bit of energy control in return, but that's less urgent. However, Anna has worked out a novel spell that might be tactically useful if it works as intended, but it is untested - a roiling wave that will impede Magi caught in its path. I'd like to ask for some volunteers quickly, if that's alright."

"I see, that does sound useful. In that case I volunteer," he said immediately. There was no way he was letting Flavian even try anything, and likely others would have issues with Qlippothic magick being done in their vicinity. Besides, he would have a better idea how it worked if it was used on his own spell. "If you and the Lady may go over some of my suggestions here, while we discuss the demonstration?" he asked of Colin and Crexia. "Again, I do apologize for the breezy effects my voice gives off..." he muttered as he moved through to the front where Anna was, though perhaps he had not yet said anything though by now it was likely apparent.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:51 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Somebody throw something!' Nicole will bark out, moving out of direct range of the doorway while reloading her carbine. The attack had been blunted; now for the counter. But needed to have a bit of a clear-out of the enemy outside the door first...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:01 pm

[Common Room]

He gave her a nod. "Yes, ma'am. I was suggesting that there be three to four groups, and the assemblage of home guard. Each unit being able to work on it's own, with a healer, defense and offense. Spiritual as well as physical," he quickly updated her.

"That sounds like a good way to go about it Sodalis."
Crexia agreed.

"Not pleasant tasting but effective."

"Well i will gladly drink something foul tasting if it means my Avatar stays safe."
The young Cultist replied.

"Excellent, ma'am." Then he began writing out some notes on who should go where, once he got more input from the gathered magii. His goal was to keep homeguard to those who he thought were trustworthy and also knew the place they were guarding, keep Anna safe possibly with him at the back of the line but with someone who might be handy with correspondence. If Crexia or his pater were leading front the front, he could watch the back. And it would keep Flavian from having too much to do with anyone he might not care for too much. Next was where to put Gabriella, distribute the Verbena and so forth. He was finishing up his first assessment when Colin came back. While he would have liked to be on Colin's team, it made sense for him not to be if Anna was with him, and then he bumped Gabby over to him. He would have no issue with a bit of werecat help, after all and would treat her appropriately.

You started making lists of who should be on which team, as you where working on your lists you saw Amadeus come down to the common room as well and find himself a seat.

He nodded to Colin and Anna when he came back and then raised his eyebrow a bit. At least the lesson would not take too long, for they did not have too much time. He cast prime to see the spell in action, making the old gestures for the technique of Intelligo, for perception and the form of vim, magic. He watched the instruction again - like his sora, he was quiet and absorbing it, but was also keeping a lookout. He'd seen it before and heard him explain it but, it was always useful to see things again. He'd gotten a lot of inspiration that way, and watching the crowd could also afford insight. After the burst of questions was subsiding, he said, "I apologize for interrupting, but we do need to get back to planning. I know you have many questions for this most useful working, but I do hope that the more in depth ones may wait for now...that way we can put up our spells before we have to go..."

You managed to see the rote your Cabalmate was demonstrating and it's inner workings. Helena just observed, committing what she saw to memory, nothing unusual happened while you where watching Colin instruct the other magi in his practical spell for dealing with heavily Resonated Quintessence.
"I am sure some question will not take to long and this spell could be useful in the Labyrinth."
The Verbena with the glasses replied.
"Yes I am sure a few moments to answer some questions will not push back the time table to much, have we even got any news on when the other team will accomplish it's goal so we can go."
One of the Cultists asked.
"Most of my preparations do not really take that long."
A second Cultist protested.
"My spells are already programmed."
Mr Creative Hair Color announced.

olin smiled thinly, "Well, I wouldn't put it on my cereal or anything - the point is that it can be dealt with without risking your Avatar's sanctity.

"That is most useful Mr Wainwright."
Helena said and the others nodded their agreement.

He nodded and portioned out another dram of the ashes, "Well, if you feel confident you've figured it out, I can certainly spare a dram as a, hm, final exam."
He looked around, "Now, this little trick has untold practical applications, I'm sure you can all make your own innovations around it."

"It is going to have to be adjusted for our individual Paradigms."
The House Thig member replied.
"Very well let me see what I can do."
Helena said and she used the gestures for Muto and Vim and replicated your rote, making the corrupted bit of Tass flare up into a black flame, before it died down.
"Hum...well it do seam to work."

He nodded, "Of course, Miss Mar agreed to teach me a bit of energy control in return, but that's less urgent.

"Well it is your payment for instruction Mr Wainwright, I can teach you now or when we return after the strike on the Labyrinth."
Helena replied.

However, Anna has worked out a novel spell that might be tactically useful if it works as intended, but it is untested - a roiling wave that will impede Magi caught in its path. I'd like to ask for some volunteers quickly, if that's alright."

"Well that sounds like it could be useful, if the spell is not harmful I am game."
One of the two who had been talking with Ryan said.
"Sure I can help out with that."
The presumably Verbena who was now wiping blood of his glasses agreed as well.
"Do you need more than two? Mr Wainwright was it?"

"I see, that does sound useful. In that case I volunteer," he said immediately.

"Thank Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said with a smile.

There was no way he was letting Flavian even try anything, and likely others would have issues with Qlippothic magick being done in their vicinity. Besides, he would have a better idea how it worked if it was used on his own spell. "If you and the Lady may go over some of my suggestions here, while we discuss the demonstration?" he asked of Colin and Crexia. "Again, I do apologize for the breezy effects my voice gives off..." he muttered as he moved through to the front where Anna was, though perhaps he had not yet said anything though by now it was likely apparent.

Things had flown around the room and the curtains where fluttering in an unseen breeze, but none had commented, they probably thought it was spirits doing it, this was a Chantry after all.
"Certainly."
Crexia said as she sat down ready to go over your lists of names.
"So how should we do this?"
The Verbena with the glasses asked, he and the young Cultist volunteer probably did not know Anna was Fallen.
"We just start individual workings or something?"
Anna nodded at that.
"Yes Sir...somewhere my spell will not hit anyone else."

[Hospital]

'Somebody throw something!' Nicole will bark out, moving out of direct range of the doorway while reloading her carbine. The attack had been blunted; now for the counter. But needed to have a bit of a clear-out of the enemy outside the door first...

Antonio finished a few pen strokes and there was more screams on the other side of the door. The death mages continued to fire into it and Ingmar was carving runes into his arm for something. The Goth kid you rescued threw a playing card in through the open door and then there was an explosion and the sound of metal screaming against metal. Jeffry threw another large fireball leading to more shouts, screams and general sounds of an attack not going as planned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:18 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

A grim, humourless half-smile could be seen on the Etherite's face on the results of the attack; she looked around at the group, signalled to them to follow her and then moved rapidly towards the hallway - for the moment for the counter-attack was now, while the enemy was disorientated and injured from the explosives...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:48 pm

[Hospital]

Jeffry gave you half a look but he decided it was better to talk about things later, the others followed you though Ingmar lagged behind, you might need a healer later. You rounded the corner and found 9 or ten people, all of them armed and most of them dead, they had been burned, shot and exploded and quite a few had swords and daggers pushed through their bodies which seamed to have come out of nowhere. There where three left though and one of them opened fire on you and your team, a bullet hit Fran in the leg and she cried out, a few bullets hit the wall and one brushed your injured shoulder a bit to close for comfort before the Chief got another Kinetic shield up.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:56 pm

[Common Room]

As Master Nassa came down he nodded politely to him. No doubt the older Verbena still hated his past life's guts, and likewise other elder Hermetics who might have fought in the old war. Yet he wouldn't let them die, he didn't think. Not while Beatrice cared so much of their fate and anyway, the fate of everyone was more important. He nodded a bit at everyone biting at the bit to ask a few more questions - it was expected. The spell was useful, but they couldn't go on indefinably. And as Helena quite purposefully was using hand gestures and words, he grasped which was used and why and filed that away to use for methods. When the Thig spoke up, he turned to him. "Ah, speaking of mixed paradigms...I do have a suggestion for you once we nail down the groups, perhaps? If you may assist in coordinating us; the Virtual Adept Deacon may provide some thoughts on that matter, to be hammered out, sodalis."

The Verbena with the glasses asked, he and the young Cultist volunteer probably did not know Anna was Fallen.
Anna nodded at that.

"I will set us a circle to use, so that our spells will not interfere with personal workings upon us or the chantry itself, or cause unintended harm," he said. "Also, it should be noted that you may sense a definite difference with her workings," he said to the pair of volunteers, so they would not freak out and start a huge scene that they would have to then de-escalate. Or at least not freak out as much, hopefully. "It is already known, and she is our member's apprentice and our ally - legally. I suggest to use my working first so you will not be taken off guard, and to observe the way the spell works." He gave Colin a look, to see if he had anything to add to the matter, or to help when people started to get upset. He'd been very upset, to say the least, when Beatrice had told him about herself. Most people had reason not to trust someone whose magick felt like theirs, and they were about to go into a Labyrinth to boot. Better he supposed now than in the middle of a fight, since it was clear she had to go with them according to Colin. It would assist in rapidly filling in his own team, though he already was pretty sure Anna should be with him anyway.

To Anna, he said, "I will place my spell over in that circle, in your visual range, in the simplest way I can manage it. I am going to turn my vocal vibrations into a slight warmth." He had some ideas on how to test her spell against some of his most recent insights, but for now they needed to see how it basically worked, plus he could use it to test out a spell he’d been working on anyway, before that. As he spoke he drew out a simple circle, away from people or spells noted by his active rote, and then activated it. It gave something to aim at, and hopefully prevent splash over effects. Once ready, he backed off a bit, scanned around to make sure nothing was in the way and then began a series of hand gestures and words, featuring muto.

// lol I forgot to roll my fourth die before >. < I can roll another if you want. I'm tired.
5, 5, 9, 4 - prime, circle of protection, basic
8, 6, 3, 3 - correspondence 1 for selecting the exact spot, forces 3 (transmutation) for changing (muto) his vocal vibrations from wind (auram) to a gentle warmth (ignem) at that spot in said circle. Let me know if this actually needs more successes to work properly, or as it is a finesse spell.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:10 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole didn't notice the look from the Chief; time was of the essence - both for the counter-attack and the mission in general. Half-expecting the volley on exiting the room, she ignored the goings-on about her, opening fire on the nearest target...

[Attempting 'Deadaim']
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 pm

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:You managed to see the rote your Cabalmate was demonstrating and it's inner workings. Helena just observed, committing what she saw to memory, nothing unusual happened while you where watching Colin instruct the other magi in his practical spell for dealing with heavily Resonated Quintessence.
"I am sure some question will not take to long and this spell could be useful in the Labyrinth."
The Verbena with the glasses replied.
"Yes I am sure a few moments to answer some questions will not push back the time table to much, have we even got any news on when the other team will accomplish it's goal so we can go."
One of the Cultists asked.
"Most of my preparations do not really take that long."
A second Cultist protested.
"My spells are already programmed."
Mr Creative Hair Color announced.
Colin nodded, "So long as the questions are pertinent."

Anja wrote:"It is going to have to be adjusted for our individual Paradigms."
"Very well let me see what I can do."
Helena said and she used the gestures for Muto and Vim and replicated your rote, making the corrupted bit of Tass flare up into a black flame, before it died down.
"Hum...well it do seam to work."
He nodded, "Well, obviously, there will have to be adaptations. The article I've written for the Paradigma covers several Paradigms, in broader terms, both mystic and technomantic, with the help of Samantha Kelly bani Sons of Ether in Chicago, and Master Cita Telar bani Virtual Adept, who's currently spending some time here."
He smiled to Helena, "Excellent work; clean and crisp. Your Pater would be proud, or at least quietly smug when no-one could see."

Anja wrote:"Well it is your payment for instruction Mr Wainwright, I can teach you now or when we return after the strike on the Labyrinth."
Helena replied.
He thought for an instant, "I might need it there... if it can be shown me quickly, I'd rather try to learn it proper now."

Anja wrote:"Well that sounds like it could be useful, if the spell is not harmful I am game."
One of the two who had been talking with Ryan said.
"Sure I can help out with that."
The presumably Verbena who was now wiping blood of his glasses agreed as well.
"Do you need more than two? Mr Wainwright was it?"
He nodded, "Yes, Adeptus Colin Wainwright, and more than two might be useful; ideally, we'd want to see how wide a dispersal she can hit."

S7trif3 wrote:"I see, that does sound useful. In that case I volunteer," he said immediately. There was no way he was letting Flavian even try anything, and likely others would have issues with Qlippothic magick being done in their vicinity. Besides, he would have a better idea how it worked if it was used on his own spell. "If you and the Lady may go over some of my suggestions here, while we discuss the demonstration?" he asked of Colin and Crexia. "Again, I do apologize for the breezy effects my voice gives off..." he muttered as he moved through to the front where Anna was, though perhaps he had not yet said anything though by now it was likely apparent.
He nodded, "Certainly."
Turning to Crexia, he added, "Unless you'd like to assess Anna's strength with her new spell personally?"

Anja wrote:"Thank Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said with a smile.
Anja wrote:Things had flown around the room and the curtains where fluttering in an unseen breeze, but none had commented, they probably thought it was spirits doing it, this was a Chantry after all.
"Certainly."
Crexia said as she sat down ready to go over your lists of names.
"So how should we do this?"
Anna nodded at that.
S7trif3 wrote:"I will set us a circle to use, so that our spells will not interfere with personal workings upon us or the chantry itself, or cause unintended harm," he said. "Also, it should be noted that you may sense a definite difference with her workings," he said to the pair of volunteers, so they would not freak out and start a huge scene that they would have to then de-escalate. Or at least not freak out as much, hopefully. "It is already known, and she is our member's apprentice and our ally - legally. I suggest to use my working first so you will not be taken off guard, and to observe the way the spell works." He gave Colin a look, to see if he had anything to add to the matter, or to help when people started to get upset. He'd been very upset, to say the least, when Beatrice had told him about herself. Most people had reason not to trust someone whose magick felt like theirs, and they were about to go into a Labyrinth to boot. Better he supposed now than in the middle of a fight, since it was clear she had to go with them according to Colin. It would assist in rapidly filling in his own team, though he already was pretty sure Anna should be with him anyway.
He nodded, speaking in a simple, matter-of-factly tone that didn't leave room for protests, "Ah, yes, I suppose I ought to have mentioned; my apprentice and adopted daughter is Fallen. Her legal status is currently protected due to the presently unique circumstances, and any attempt to lash out at her will be met with... harsh discipline. I am still under the influence of Mars, so such discipline might be... very Roman in its execution. She will be joining us on the mission, as I am quite sure none here have as much experience with Labyrinths... among other reasons. I don't necessarily like to bring a child with us, but there are good reasons for bringing her that are on a need-to-know basis."

S7trif3 wrote:To Anna, he said, "I will place my spell over in that circle, in your visual range, in the simplest way I can manage it. I am going to turn my vocal vibrations into a slight warmth." He had some ideas on how to test her spell against some of his most recent insights, but for now they needed to see how it basically worked, plus he could use it to test out a spell he’d been working on anyway, before that. As he spoke he drew out a simple circle, away from people or spells noted by his active rote, and then activated it. It gave something to aim at, and hopefully prevent splash over effects. Once ready, he backed off a bit, scanned around to make sure nothing was in the way and then began a series of hand gestures and words, featuring muto.
He looked over the list with Crexia, keeping half an eye on the crowd as Anna set up to try her new spell.

((OOC: Starfinder game over Roll20 tonight. Went well; not much in the way of injuries anywhere. We got a nice load of healing potions - sorry, Serums of Healing - instead, which should ease the burden on my doctor. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:55 am

[Tane's House]
Something was off if the whole pack needed him, so he sat down near Alessa Tell me, Dino. For now we're not spread as thin as to not be able to answer when a friend need us. It's been a while since i've known about all of you, though, and since then the City looks like has stirred up, and i'm affraid that's always a foreteller of turmoil.

OOC: Also found the kind of speaking voice i envisioned for Tane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZqyL8dpdI&t=258s
I had the singing one but not the regular one

What have been Tane's advances in regards with the Cadence's thing? And Tane would have gone almost daily to see his mentor, Cita and supervise Beatrice's well being.
I Was also accompanying Henrietta's process to Accept her awakening OR stave it off so that she could retain her life's work. I was also talking to Amadeus to help him transfer the Sappling he was forming to the little Florentine girl.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:09 am

[Common Room]

When the Thig spoke up, he turned to him. "Ah, speaking of mixed paradigms...I do have a suggestion for you once we nail down the groups, perhaps? If you may assist in coordinating us; the Virtual Adept Deacon may provide some thoughts on that matter, to be hammered out, sodalis."

"Yeah sure...not a problem I can do that."
"Just tell me what you need me to do Sodalis."

"I will set us a circle to use, so that our spells will not interfere with personal workings upon us or the chantry itself, or cause unintended harm," he said. "Also, it should be noted that you may sense a definite difference with her workings," he said to the pair of volunteers, so they would not freak out and start a huge scene that they would have to then de-escalate. Or at least not freak out as much, hopefully. "It is already known, and she is our member's apprentice and our ally - legally. I suggest to use my working first so you will not be taken off guard, and to observe the way the spell works." He gave Colin a look, to see if he had anything to add to the matter, or to help when people started to get upset. He'd been very upset, to say the least, when Beatrice had told him about herself. Most people had reason not to trust someone whose magick felt like theirs, and they were about to go into a Labyrinth to boot. Better he supposed now than in the middle of a fight, since it was clear she had to go with them according to Colin. It would assist in rapidly filling in his own team, though he already was pretty sure Anna should be with him anyway.

"Ehm...how...is her magick going to feel different?"
The Verbena with the glasses said with a raised eyebrow.
"You say she is a legal apprentice so is there something wrong with her?"
The Cultist girl asked. Anna looked at you as if to ask if she should tell them or if you should.

To Anna, he said, "I will place my spell over in that circle, in your visual range, in the simplest way I can manage it. I am going to turn my vocal vibrations into a slight warmth." He had some ideas on how to test her spell against some of his most recent insights, but for now they needed to see how it basically worked, plus he could use it to test out a spell he’d been working on anyway, before that. As he spoke he drew out a simple circle, away from people or spells noted by his active rote, and then activated it. It gave something to aim at, and hopefully prevent splash over effects. Once ready, he backed off a bit, scanned around to make sure nothing was in the way and then began a series of hand gestures and words, featuring muto.

Anna nodded.
"Yeah sure...Sir."
She said.
"Now off course countering what one person is doing normally is more effective this spell is best just to mess with several willworkers at once, but let me see what I can do."
The young apprentice declared. Once you gave the signal for her to start she started doing her own hand gestures, her odd little gestures that looked Hermetic but just was not right...and your spell just go so much harder to do, it was not countered as such, but it was harder to do like when working in an area that was just not suited for your magick at all, and your spell manifested but not properly, just a flash of it then it blinked out of existence unless you kept working on it.

Colin nodded, "So long as the questions are pertinent."

"How do you control the Tass once you cast the spell?"
A woman asked.
"So you make the Tass drain or use it to fuel something but how direct it?"
The House Thig member wanted to know.

He nodded, "Well, obviously, there will have to be adaptations. The article I've written for the Paradigma covers several Paradigms, in broader terms, both mystic and technomantic, with the help of Samantha Kelly bani Sons of Ether in Chicago, and Master Cita Telar bani Virtual Adept, who's currently spending some time here."
He smiled to Helena, "Excellent work; clean and crisp. Your Pater would be proud, or at least quietly smug when no-one could see."

"I will have to read that article then."
The House Thig man said again.
"Master Telar is here? That is interesting she is very good at what she do I hear."
Helena gave you a smile.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright...I certainly try to make my Pater proud."

He thought for an instant, "I might need it there... if it can be shown me quickly, I'd rather try to learn it proper now."

"Very well should we do it now then before we are assigned to teams Mr Wainwright?"
The ice maga asked.

He nodded, "Yes, Adeptus Colin Wainwright, and more than two might be useful; ideally, we'd want to see how wide a dispersal she can hit."

"We can probably sense how wide her spell can go as well with a simple Primal rote."
The man with the glasses replied.

He nodded, "Certainly."
Turning to Crexia, he added, "Unless you'd like to assess Anna's strength with her new spell personally?"

"No...we can work out the teams for now, from what you said about her working it will be less suited to counter one powerful spell but rather to slow down enemy spellcasters so I think it will be more useful for us to get this done while your apprentice works on her volunteers."
Crexia replied.

He nodded, speaking in a simple, matter-of-factly tone that didn't leave room for protests, "Ah, yes, I suppose I ought to have mentioned; my apprentice and adopted daughter is Fallen. Her legal status is currently protected due to the presently unique circumstances, and any attempt to lash out at her will be met with... harsh discipline. I am still under the influence of Mars, so such discipline might be... very Roman in its execution. She will be joining us on the mission, as I am quite sure none here have as much experience with Labyrinths... among other reasons. I don't necessarily like to bring a child with us, but there are good reasons for bringing her that are on a need-to-know basis."

There was a gasp in the room at that.
"You mean that the kid is Fallen?"
The Verbena with the glasses asked.
"So let me get this right, not only are you an Orphan but you have an Nephanda for an apprentice?"
Flavian shouted.
"I am not going into combat with...with...a Nephandus!"
He shouted.

He looked over the list with Crexia, keeping half an eye on the crowd as Anna set up to try her new spell.

There was some murmurs in the crowd as Anna worked but most seamed to accept that the girl was your legal apprentice, only Flavian seamed to be directly angry but he was shouting. The lists seamed fair enough, though you did not know most of these men and women but at least there was a good mix of abilities over each team.

(OOC: No there is no need to re roll, but one of your sucsesses gets eaten by Anna so your spell do not fully manifest.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:22 am

[Hospital]

Nicole didn't notice the look from the Chief; time was of the essence - both for the counter-attack and the mission in general. Half-expecting the volley on exiting the room, she ignored the goings-on about her, opening fire on the nearest target...

There was a young woman who was aiming at you with a gun, you shot her before she managed to shoot you though, and she fell dead on the floor. It seams your team's volley of bullets and magick had pretty much destroyed the defenders and another one of the survivors fell to Fran's gunfire before yours eyes right as you shot the woman right in front of you.

[Tane's House]

Something was off if the whole pack needed him, so he sat down near Alessa Tell me, Dino. For now we're not spread as thin as to not be able to answer when a friend need us. It's been a while since i've known about all of you, though, and since then the City looks like has stirred up, and i'm affraid that's always a foreteller of turmoil.

Dino sigh as he replied.
"It is an unfortunate situation really, I told you once that my kind are forbidden from finding love among our own, sometimes this do happen anyway though, and the child of such an union are always born a werewolf, but they are born deformed and are easier to corrupt, we accept them anyway though even if we do punish the parents, we need every one we can get. Now a woman in my pack got into such an unfortunate situation with a man from another pack in our Sept, and her due date is nearing. Now the problem is that she went to pick up some supplies in town, and she had not returned for hours, with all that is going on I am getting worried that something have happened to her."
Dino replied.
"Is there a chance you can help me find my missing Pack member."

(OOC: There have not been allot of change in Cadence situation she is sent to Horizon but is in a cell, unharmed for now. Beatrice is healing she is still weak but she can cast spells again now, you have been working with Henrietta and one of the hedge wizards from Lux Iternis and have been able to slow down her Awakening while the woman from Lux is trying to find a way for her to keep her hedge magic after she Awakens. Henrietta haven taken an apprentice, a woman saved from the Labyrinth two months ago. You have been working with Amadeus on preparing to transfer his secondary Avatar to Miss Florentine and that is almost ready but as the group is trying to save a captured Psycopomp they hope that it might make things easier.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:52 am

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Rapidly shifting her position - expecting another target to attack her current spot - she then aimed at the final attacker and opened fire...

[Attempting 'Deadaim'... I think there was three of them, meaning one is still standing.]

[Tane's question raises the point; how much has Tane/Nicole interacted in the downtime? I'm guessing 'not much'; I get the feeling they wouldn't have much in common. Same could be said of Tane/Serge relations too.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:19 am

[Hospital]

There was one woman left, she was just shooting desperatly now trying to shoot anything...just anything but you aimed at her and took her down quickly and then there was quiet in the corridor.
"Are anyone hurt?"
Jeffry asked.
"Not seriously...I will take care of it Sir."
Ingmar said as he rushed over to Fran to attend to her injury.
"Good the rest of you check that these bodies are dead then once everyone are healed we move out.

(OOC: Well that is really up to you. I think the only think Nicole and Tane have in common are shapechangers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:36 am

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"How do you control the Tass once you cast the spell?"
A woman asked.
"So you make the Tass drain or use it to fuel something but how direct it?"
The House Thig member wanted to know.
Colin smiled wryly, "So far, I've mostly employed it like tossing some really dirty hand grenades; not much fine control needed for that. But really, there's very little need to finely direct the Tass once it's drawn into whatever spell you create, the spell will work as normal. However, if you use it for a simple Prime Bolt, the bolt will resemble the Tass you use more than your own magic. The corrupted Resonance will overwhelm the flavour of your spell, it just won't affect the caster. So no using vampiric Tass for healing, or qlippothic Tass powering mind shields or other personal effects on yourself or friends, that stuff will quite likely cause some impressive... deterioration. As an example of such employment, in Chicago, I had the opportunity to lug around an Etherite-made Umbra Ship's fuel tank that had been corrupted, and no-one had wanted to touch the fuel in the tanks, some 45 drams or so. With Master Crexia's help to pierce a Qlippothic Aegis, I was able to pump that fuel directly into a crude spell that simply overwhelmed and burned out the main protective ward of the Labyrinth we attacked there. It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't pleasant, but it was done safely; no-one suffered any residual effects from it whatsoever. Well, unless you count the resident Nephandi and their pawns being killed or captured as 'residual effects', of course."

Anja wrote:"I will have to read that article then."
The House Thig man said again.
"Master Telar is here? That is interesting she is very good at what she do I hear."
Helena gave you a smile.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright...I certainly try to make my Pater proud."
He nodded, "I hope to have it printed in... the December issue may be a little to late to catch, but the January or February issue, with a little bit of luck. And Master Telar is the best at what she does, acknowledged as such by the second best."
He gave Helena a nod, smiling thinly.

Anja wrote:"Very well should we do it now then before we are assigned to teams Mr Wainwright?"
The ice maga asked.
He nodded, "I think I understand the basics - to hold energy and shape and direct it - but I've figured out how to turn a flame into sound and images, which is rather a different trick than to gather up, say, electricity and concentrate it into a portable lightning bolt."

Anja wrote:"We can probably sense how wide her spell can go as well with a simple Primal rote."
The man with the glasses replied.
He smiled, "Very true."

Anja wrote:"No...we can work out the teams for now, from what you said about her working it will be less suited to counter one powerful spell but rather to slow down enemy spellcasters so I think it will be more useful for us to get this done while your apprentice works on her volunteers."
Crexia replied.
He nodded, "As you wish, Ma'am."

Anja wrote:There was a gasp in the room at that.
"So let me get this right, not only are you an Orphan but you have an Nephanda for an apprentice?"
Flavian shouted.
He shouted.
He looked blankly at Flavian, then shrugged dismissively, "No, you have it wrong. She's a former Nephanda. She is no longer affiliated with that faction, but with the Traditions. And please keep your voice down, the shouting is unnecessary."
He glanced at Crexia, then back at Flavian, "Besides, your betters have no problem with it, so what justification could you show for your refusal?"

Anja wrote:There was some murmurs in the crowd as Anna worked but most seamed to accept that the girl was your legal apprentice, only Flavian seamed to be directly angry but he was shouting. The lists seamed fair enough, though you did not know most of these men and women but at least there was a good mix of abilities over each team.
He nodded thoughtfully at the list, "This seems like a solid enough arrangement. Good distribution of healing, defense, and offense. I should like to see Adley plan some large-scale war games at some point."

((OOC: Colin will have, hm, "worked" closely with Tane for a while, at least, to make sure Tane's written apologies and, I think, peace offerings of Tass, were properly made to Darrian and Alphonse Dupuis? In his function as Cabal Leader, he'll have paid Tane a few visits for that purpose. And also to say hi to the shifters, of course. Or to put it in a different way, Colin will have visited to have Coawa sit on Tane until Tane wrote those letters in the proper apologetic forms required by his offense, to avoid actual legal troubles. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"That is amazing Sir...and ambitious but I hope you can manage to make Adept in the next month and a half."
Kyle said sounding impressed.
"And I think someone have to be old and wise to sound old and wise."

"Remember, I said I'd try. Don't be too disappointed in me if I'm not able to do it." Serge said with a joking smirk, enjoying the impressed look on Kyle's face. "My mentor said I'd be able to do it. And I sorta feel like I could. Which is typically the first hint that I should try."

Anja wrote:"I think Sir that showing others the world through the lens of your own Paradigm is more your table than ours."
Stephen replied.
"For that is a matter of the mind."

"Could be a neat spell. Although I feel like that's one for another day." Serge said taking one last glance at room before letting Kyle end the spell and let go of his arm. "Anything else you guys wanna see in this room before I end the ward spell? I can alter this illusion if you guys want. It shouldn't be too hard. At least....as long as its winter theme. Don't think it'd be too easy to rapidly switch from soft snow on the ground to warmth of the sun."

(OOC: Serge would probably ask him more about his shark sword and about the werebeasts he's interacted with Razz . So he'd probably have about the same amount of interaction he has with the rest of the cabal depending on how often he's around the chantry.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:28 am

[Tane's house]

"Is there a chance you can help me find my missing Pack member."

I see, that is alarming indeed. I will help, no problem, i even have two people more to look into so i can probably tie them all up in one investigation, since their situation is probably the same. Even then, i will have ask you a couple of questions, and some might be unsavoury. WOuld you want us to meet to discuss this in a private place, or are you alright with this phone call? Tane knew of this practices, but was a little surprised to know they allowed them to remain alive.

OOC: Ok, then i should start working on Cadence's thing right away, time is passing!
So happy for Bee! Can she now like, be around, walk and do normal mundane life?
Maybe i should take Henrietta's case to Master Telar if she's not too full with job.
What could i do to help with the psychopomp thing, and what have we confirmed about that?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:30 am

[Common Room]

"Yeah sure...not a problem I can do that."
"Just tell me what you need me to do Sodalis."

"Probably the first step is to contact him, and then see what we can get ready in time."

"Ehm...how...is her magick going to feel different?"
The Verbena with the glasses said with a raised eyebrow.
"You say she is a legal apprentice so is there something wrong with her?"
The Cultist girl asked. Anna looked at you as if to ask if she should tell them or if you should.

He raised an eyebrow. Well, Colin seemed rather assertive at the moment and he supposed it made sense why...and yet he was not at all surprised with Flavian's outburst. Under other circumstances, without anything else he had done, he might have been more understanding of it. But there were other things, and the quickest route was to heel it sooner than later.

There was a gasp in the room at that.
Flavian shouted.
He shouted.
He looked blankly at Flavian, then shrugged dismissively, "No, you have it wrong. She's a former Nephanda. She is no longer affiliated with that faction, but with the Traditions. And please keep your voice down, the shouting is unnecessary."
He glanced at Crexia, then back at Flavian, "Besides, your betters have no problem with it, so what justification could you show for your refusal?"

"It troubles me that you put being an Orphan so close to being a Nephandus, sodalis, as if both were automatically equally deserving of denigration. However, perhaps you should take it up with your unit commander before we proceed to field."

Anna nodded.
"Yeah sure...Sir."
She said.
"Now off course countering what one person is doing normally is more effective this spell is best just to mess with several willworkers at once, but let me see what I can do."
The young apprentice declared. Once you gave the signal for her to start she started doing her own hand gestures, her odd little gestures that looked Hermetic but just was not right...and your spell just go so much harder to do, it was not countered as such, but it was harder to do like when working in an area that was just not suited for your magick at all, and your spell manifested but not properly, just a flash of it then it blinked out of existence unless you kept working on it.

His spell should have worked, but didn't...like basic counterspelling but not quite the same as it was over an area., and Qlippothic. "Interesting...is it shifting the resonance? Very well, shall we make a joined effort at that location, to see the full effect of her countermeasure?"

here was some murmurs in the crowd as Anna worked but most seamed to accept that the girl was your legal apprentice, only Flavian seamed to be directly angry but he was shouting. The lists seamed fair enough, though you did not know most of these men and women but at least there was a good mix of abilities over each team.
He nodded thoughtfully at the list, "This seems like a solid enough arrangement. Good distribution of healing, defense, and offense. I should like to see Adley plan some large-scale war games at some point."

Most of what was on the list on his tablet were not names per se, but identifiers enough for someone in the know to get the jist. Some things would be obvious to Colin, probably other than general formation; that Anna was with Adley's group, and kept in reserve, in rearguard position. That Colin's team had the werecat.  That Crexia was there to keep a bootheel on Flavian and away from Anna. There was more to the choices made than just spreading coverage out, though the practical concerns were covered as best as he could think to do and the people in the head of each group were generally competent. He had just started in on what might be home guard concerns when Colin came back down.

// ooc1: same again: 6, 4, 4, 2
// 2: Darrian is not there yet? Just checking before saying anything IC.
// 3: healing potions are usually good haul.
// 4: Adley still doesn't know what he did to that custos, either. He thinks Flavian earned a duel some normal way by being a jerk.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:18 am

[Common Room]

Colin smiled wryly, "So far, I've mostly employed it like tossing some really dirty hand grenades; not much fine control needed for that. But really, there's very little need to finely direct the Tass once it's drawn into whatever spell you create, the spell will work as normal. However, if you use it for a simple Prime Bolt, the bolt will resemble the Tass you use more than your own magic. The corrupted Resonance will overwhelm the flavour of your spell, it just won't affect the caster. So no using vampiric Tass for healing, or qlippothic Tass powering mind shields or other personal effects on yourself or friends, that stuff will quite likely cause some impressive... deterioration. As an example of such employment, in Chicago, I had the opportunity to lug around an Etherite-made Umbra Ship's fuel tank that had been corrupted, and no-one had wanted to touch the fuel in the tanks, some 45 drams or so. With Master Crexia's help to pierce a Qlippothic Aegis, I was able to pump that fuel directly into a crude spell that simply overwhelmed and burned out the main protective ward of the Labyrinth we attacked there. It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't pleasant, but it was done safely; no-one suffered any residual effects from it whatsoever. Well, unless you count the resident Nephandi and their pawns being killed or captured as 'residual effects', of course."

"Hum...yes that makes sense."
The Verbena with the glasses said and Helena nodded.
"So you can direct the Tass into the patterns of a spell without first drawing it into your own system? Yes that do indeed make sense."
She replied with a nod. Anna gave you a bit of a look she had probably been part of making the Ward you busted though.

He nodded, "I hope to have it printed in... the December issue may be a little to late to catch, but the January or February issue, with a little bit of luck. And Master Telar is the best at what she does, acknowledged as such by the second best."
He gave Helena a nod, smiling thinly.

"I will be sure to read it when it comes out."
One of the Cultist replied.
"Master Telar is the best and we all hope not to have to need her services."
The second Cultist replied which made Ryan chuckle.

He nodded, "I think I understand the basics - to hold energy and shape and direct it - but I've figured out how to turn a flame into sound and images, which is rather a different trick than to gather up, say, electricity and concentrate it into a portable lightning bolt."

"I require a bit of a light touch rather than power...but let me try to demonstrate it for you first and then I can show you the details you will be working with, if you watch the weaving of the effect, and excuse me I do not often work with fire."
Helena said.
"So you want to for example take some electricity and be able to carry it with you as a lightening bolt? Or to shape it further?"

He nodded, "As you wish, Ma'am."

Crexia nodded at that.

Flavian looked again like if he was going to get so angry he might just faint and he launched into a tirade before Crexia gave him a stern look, then he shut up.

"Yes this seams like it should work well Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied with a nod.

"Probably the first step is to contact him, and then see what we can get ready in time."

"Well I know who Deacon Sharaya is so I could just call hiim?"
The turquoise haired kid offered.

He raised an eyebrow. Well, Colin seemed rather assertive at the moment and he supposed it made sense why...and yet he was not at all surprised with Flavian's outburst. Under other circumstances, without anything else he had done, he might have been more understanding of it. But there were other things, and the quickest route was to heel it sooner than later.

"Adeptus Flavian please settle yourself down."
Crexia replied with a hint of a warning in her voice.
"If you do not want to go into combat with Mr Wainwright's apprentice that is your choice, but you do not get to be a disruption."
At this Flavian wisely shut up and sat down though he glowered at Anna.

"It troubles me that you put being an Orphan so close to being a Nephandus, sodalis, as if both were automatically equally deserving of denigration. However, perhaps you should take it up with your unit commander before we proceed to field."

"Once Orphans feared the Order of Hermes Sodalis."
Flavian said and this got him some looks from the non Hermetics in the room.
"One would argue we have a more advanced look on things now Sodalis."
Crexia replied dryly.

His spell should have worked, but didn't...like basic counterspelling but not quite the same as it was over an area., and Qlippothic. "Interesting...is it shifting the resonance? Very well, shall we make a joined effort at that location, to see the full effect of her countermeasure?"

"Thanks Mr Roth Hicks...yes it do shift Resonance."
Anna said proudly as she beamed up at you. The Verbena with the glasses nodded.
"Well we can cast three different spells I do not know how to work with a Hermetic."
He said the Cultist replied.
"I can work with a Hermetic but not with just one. I am trained in older large group rituals, my Mentor was very interested in our shared past in the Cult of Mercury."
She replied and this got Crexia to shift her gaze to the young Cultist for a moment and she whispered to Clin.
"That one...I want a word with that one when there is time."

Most of what was on the list on his tablet were not names per se, but identifiers enough for someone in the know to get the jist. Some things would be obvious to Colin, probably other than general formation; that Anna was with Adley's group, and kept in reserve, in rearguard position. That Colin's team had the werecat. That Crexia was there to keep a bootheel on Flavian and away from Anna. There was more to the choices made than just spreading coverage out, though the practical concerns were covered as best as he could think to do and the people in the head of each group were generally competent. He had just started in on what might be home guard concerns when Colin came back down.

Crexia seamed to be quite satisfied with the list.
"Hum...when they return are we sending the ones at the Hospital with us to the Labyrinth or leaving them here to guard Steelhaven?"
She asked Colin.

[Kyle's Room]

"Remember, I said I'd try. Don't be too disappointed in me if I'm not able to do it." Serge said with a joking smirk, enjoying the impressed look on Kyle's face. "My mentor said I'd be able to do it. And I sorta feel like I could. Which is typically the first hint that I should try."

"I am sure you can do it Sir, you are very talented."
Kyle replied.
"I am sure it will all work out."

"Could be a neat spell. Although I feel like that's one for another day." Serge said taking one last glance at room before letting Kyle end the spell and let go of his arm. "Anything else you guys wanna see in this room before I end the ward spell? I can alter this illusion if you guys want. It shouldn't be too hard. At least....as long as its winter theme. Don't think it'd be too easy to rapidly switch from soft snow on the ground to warmth of the sun."

"No that is okey Sir we don't want to work you to the bone."
Stephen said.
"Though your ward is a really cool, I can just imagine Society of Leopold breaking in expecting to find something creepy and then boom, winter wonderland, it would probably confuse the hell out of them."
He added and Kyle chuckle as he want back to the sofa to sit down, clearly a little tired.

(OOC: Yes Darrian is there now I think I forgot about him and I will keep note of the Arete roll but the two others want to know how to work first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am

[Tane's Home]

I see, that is alarming indeed. I will help, no problem, i even have two people more to look into so i can probably tie them all up in one investigation, since their situation is probably the same. Even then, i will have ask you a couple of questions, and some might be unsavoury. WOuld you want us to meet to discuss this in a private place, or are you alright with this phone call? Tane knew of this practices, but was a little surprised to know they allowed them to remain alive.

"It would probably be best to meet up, where would be convenient for you Mr Karyak?"
Dino replied.
"And thank you...but you say other investigations are someone else missing? Everyone else in my Pack are accounted for but I was told from one of by Bone Gnawers that the Ratkin are missing Kinfolk, you are thinking it might be related?"
He said then he added.
"Ah and yes please inform Mr Wainwright that the one who had an unfortunate run in with a lightening bolt have recovered and have no ill will towards the mages he understand that his visage was terrifying and to his defense he thought the ones snooping aorund that cabin in the wood worked for the Wyrm Corrupted who rent it, so it is all water under the bride but if he still want to give him that flask of ale was it, then I am sure he will appreciate it."

(OOC: Yes Bee can walk around and take part in life but like many who is recovering from a serious injury she gets tired easilly and still need to sleep allot and she gets nightmares and have PTSD. Yes finding a way to save Cadence would be good. Master Telar might be able to help Henriette. The Psycopomp is a main plot thing, the group are planning on hitting a vampire in Seattle who are the lover of the Widderslainte who they think hold it captive.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:01 am

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Giving a tired sigh, Nicole looked at the pile of dead and the various debris from battle, then moved over the bodies, carbine at the ready. Once over them, the others will see her halt; clearly watching for any more attackers while the others did what they needed to so they could continue moving.

[Nicole and Tane also have tattoos. But I think that's it, unless we broaden it to include things like 'both are human' (well, *mainly* human in her case). It's not really a case of 'up to me' as I just don't see any 'mutual points of discussion' - even with Adley they've at least got a partly-shared background of both growing up in RI at the same time. And the Ratkin thing isn't something she wants to discuss with anyone - I think the only ones who even know at Steelhaven are Colin, the Chief and possibly Dr Lee.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next