Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 am

[Basement]

First there was silence. Crexia gave you a nod for you to begin, and for one moment there was no sound as the ritualists centered themselves to begin the task at hand. Then there was allot of chanting, you saw the beads on Crexia's hair sticks gently swaying in the wind and a ball of yarn fell out of one of the boxes and rolled around on the floor like the yarn cats of legend that where the familiars of witches. Thomas sat with his eyes closed focusing, he seamed to deal with three mystics chanting all around him fairly well. Andrew kept watch but his eyes grew wide as he observed the ritual the young Scribe seamed to be very impressed.

Again you felt the impressive power coming from Lady Crexia, this was an archmage, you became painfully aware that the woman could crush you into dust with but a flick of her small hand, this woman could create worlds and demolish mountains with her fearsome will, and yet now all of that power flowed with yours. Darrian to you felt, not as massive a flood of power as Crexia but it was still made clear just how much more powerful a Master of the Art was, and both of their power combined with your own almost swept you away, directing all of that power, all of that will was exhilarating and yet demanding.

The ritual went well, with the power of the two other magi added in to your own efforts you think you created a protection for Thomas, a enforcement of who he is, making what and who he is so strong no one could take him over and the spell should last a good long while.

Finally the ritual was over and the tide flow of magick died down, the massive flood from the two other willworkers slowed and then there was only you.

(OOC: With the aid of Crexia and Darrian that is more than enough to have the protections last for two months, and the ritual works as intended.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:53 am

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yes apparently she have nightmares where she wake up in stark terror, she have had them since she was a child she says where she dreams she is completely helpless on top of a skyscraper awaiting her doom...you have heard of this before?"
Cita asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"I am sure the young Hollower would not mind if I give you her contact information Mr Wainwright."
Colin frowned, then replied dryly, "Prince Lodin of Chicago has a favorite rooftop for executions like that... Bastard's done that so much, the rooftop has become a quite respectable Entropic Node in its own right, ripe for tapping. Of course, that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, as the Prince would not want some other power faction to set up shop on his rooftop..."

Anja wrote:"Yes Miss Florentine will be invaluable once she recovers enough to communicate. Hum...yes I was told that Miss Alexander had cast a Dynamic spell that is quite amazing, her Mentor was worried about her but I am sure her soul is fine. As for the Psycopomp yes it will be better at it's job than I am."
The Spirit Healer said with a bit of a smile.
He smiled thinly, "It was actually Miss Alexander's Avatar that told us what was about to happen. It's a wondrous thing, really. And yes, her soul is quite fine."

Anja wrote:"A Mentor would be privi to information about their apprentice until the end of the apprenticeship."
Cita confirmed with a nod.
"I like to work closely with both apprentice and Mentor when the apprentice is my patient."
He nodded, "And as her dad, even adopted?"

Anja wrote:Anna showed Bruce in and you heard him and Cita say hello to one another then he grunted in your direction.
"Hey Colin...am I disturbing your meeting?"
He asked.
He shook his head, "Not particularly, no, we had reached a convenient pause, as it were. Now, if you see the ball-like thing on the saucer next to my teacup, that's a strainer, it contains the tea, and is removed from the cup as you would a teabag. I prefer it over bags, as it allows me to make my own blends more easily, and it is washable. However..."
He brought over a small box with half a dozen teabags, with clearly legible tags at the end of the strings, "I also have teabags for just such a purpose, so I can prepare the blends ahead of time. I'm not sure what Adept Markov might prefer, she might want coffee or hot chocolate rather than tea for all I know, but this should at least be a suitably varied range to offer something of interest."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin frowned, then replied dryly, "Prince Lodin of Chicago has a favorite rooftop for executions like that... Bastard's done that so much, the rooftop has become a quite respectable Entropic Node in its own right, ripe for tapping. Of course, that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, as the Prince would not want some other power faction to set up shop on his rooftop..."

"Sounds like it would be a rather...unpleasant Node. I assume the method of execution is leaving the poor bastards restrained on that roof to wait for the sun? That must be a horrible way to die. If the Hollower girl really is the reincarnation of a victim of such a punishment it is not wonder she have nightmares."
Cita said with a frown.
"Poor kid."

He smiled thinly, "It was actually Miss Alexander's Avatar that told us what was about to happen. It's a wondrous thing, really. And yes, her soul is quite fine."

"That is good, I did not want to examine Miss Alexander's Avatar to closely so shortly after a Seeking it needs time to settle down."
The Spirit Healer said.
"Hum...it gave the rest of us some advice did it...interesting and yes if Miss Alexander are beginning to cleanse her soul then that is wondrous news indeed."
She added with a warm smile.

He nodded, "And as her dad, even adopted?"

"The same, in Traditionalist society the rights of a Mentor outweigh the rights of a parent, whatever or not it is an adoptive parent do not matter however. But as you are both Anna's father and her Mentor as long as she is an apprentice you have the right to know what is going on with her medically, and final say in al decisions about her care is yours but off course I strongly recommend that her wishes are taken into consideration when making those decisions."

He shook his head, "Not particularly, no, we had reached a convenient pause, as it were. Now, if you see the ball-like thing on the saucer next to my teacup, that's a strainer, it contains the tea, and is removed from the cup as you would a teabag. I prefer it over bags, as it allows me to make my own blends more easily, and it is washable. However..."
He brought over a small box with half a dozen teabags, with clearly legible tags at the end of the strings, "I also have teabags for just such a purpose, so I can prepare the blends ahead of time. I'm not sure what Adept Markov might prefer, she might want coffee or hot chocolate rather than tea for all I know, but this should at least be a suitably varied range to offer something of interest."

"Ok...thanks man I owe you one."
Bruce said as he gathered up the tea.
"I have coffee at home, and snacks, hopefully I will have something Nico likes, so I just pour hot water on this stuff right and leave it for a while to make the tea right?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:02 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Well... work out a way to scan the last bit as we approach it, then; otherwise we'll be running for cover while being shot at by that sniper.' Nicole quipped, firing up the engine and heading for the exit of the parking lot.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:23 pm

[Waltham]

"Hum...I have an idea for that actually...instead of scanning the building, scanning our own fates, if our future selves two minutes for now are dead and bleeding in the street that means there was a trap, that way I do not need to poke around with magick where it might set something of."
Marian said.
"That should work."
Coawa glanced at the death magus and shook his head.
"Mages have odd powers."
He said.
"Yes for turning into a giant shark is perfectly natural and not odd at all."
Marian retorted.
"No that is not odd at all to me."
The Rokea said with a grin.

you drove out of the parking lot and towards the abandoned hospital. Marian focused on his mirror and the soil on it after a few moments he said.
"I can not see any ill befalling us within the next few minutes, now the presence of others who can see the threads of fate can make things less accurate but I think we are in the clear."
He said and Coawa nodded.
"When we get there I should go first, if I am hit by a bullet I heal, unless it is silver, if it is silver it will suck but most do not make silver bullets, I can survive allot, my kind is very durable."
The Rokea announced proudly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:33 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Which is why I left it to you to work out...' Nicole quipped; tone making it clear she was willing to defer to their judgement on this.

Anja's Post:

'They took Kinfolk. If I was doing that, I'd prepare for the backlash and get in silver.' Nicole replied, driving towards the target. 'Anyhows, our handy radar should tell us if anybody or thing is behind the first door.'

'Might need your help breaking through the door if it's been sealed up, mind.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:36 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Sounds like it would be a rather...unpleasant Node. I assume the method of execution is leaving the poor bastards restrained on that roof to wait for the sun? That must be a horrible way to die. If the Hollower girl really is the reincarnation of a victim of such a punishment it is not wonder she have nightmares."
Cita said with a frown.
"Poor kid."
Colin nodded, "Abigail's Labyrinth really wanted that Node, it's why they were conspiring with the little shit Nicolai in the first place... As it so happens, the partnership went south rather drastically, and Nicolai ended up with a great view of the sunrise from that rooftop when the Prince's men found infernalist vampires in Nicolai's apartment. Being paralyzed with a stake is pretty dreadful for vampires in the first place, but being trapped in a spot where they know death will come for them as surely as time ticking along... awful."

Anja wrote:"That is good, I did not want to examine Miss Alexander's Avatar to closely so shortly after a Seeking it needs time to settle down."
The Spirit Healer said.
"Hum...it gave the rest of us some advice did it...interesting and yes if Miss Alexander are beginning to cleanse her soul then that is wondrous news indeed."
She added with a warm smile.
He smiled, "Baby steps, is all I can say, but she's taken the first step."

Anja wrote:"The same, in Traditionalist society the rights of a Mentor outweigh the rights of a parent, whatever or not it is an adoptive parent do not matter however. But as you are both Anna's father and her Mentor as long as she is an apprentice you have the right to know what is going on with her medically, and final say in al decisions about her care is yours but off course I strongly recommend that her wishes are taken into consideration when making those decisions."
He nodded, and took out his wallet to show Cita the note Anna had written earlier, "I assure you, her informed wishes - and her boundaries - will be taken into account."

Anja wrote:"Ok...thanks man I owe you one."
Bruce said as he gathered up the tea.
"I have coffee at home, and snacks, hopefully I will have something Nico likes, so I just pour hot water on this stuff right and leave it for a while to make the tea right?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Boiling water, yes. I've proportioned on the assumption of sturdy coffee mugs, not delicate little teacups, so three to five minutes, depending on taste. As for owing me one, Anna told me you have some interesting books that you've been working from; a few heirlooms? I might be interested in a look to advance my own studies, in time, perhaps even make a copy of some of the text - would that be alright?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:30 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "Abigail's Labyrinth really wanted that Node, it's why they were conspiring with the little shit Nicolai in the first place... As it so happens, the partnership went south rather drastically, and Nicolai ended up with a great view of the sunrise from that rooftop when the Prince's men found infernalist vampires in Nicolai's apartment. Being paralyzed with a stake is pretty dreadful for vampires in the first place, but being trapped in a spot where they know death will come for them as surely as time ticking along... awful."

"Well such a Node would be perfect for a Labyrinth I guess. But yes being helpless and knowing that the ending is creeping closer but being powerless to stop it...that would be horrible for anyone but add pain and torment to that and the screams for their Beasts as well it...is not a good way to go."
Cita said and she shook her head sadly.
"Ah and let me guess you had a hand in making sure those infernalist vampires was found in this Nicolai's apartment?"

He smiled, "Baby steps, is all I can say, but she's taken the first step."

The Spirit Healer nodded at that.

He nodded, and took out his wallet to show Cita the note Anna had written earlier, "I assure you, her informed wishes - and her boundaries - will be taken into account."

"Impressive, it must have taken Anna a great deal of trust to write that note for you."
Cita said and she smiled warmly.
"And her life must be pretty good now that she want to stay alive so badly she is willing to let someone force her through what she fears most in order to stay alive if need be. She is a good kid Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Boiling water, yes. I've proportioned on the assumption of sturdy coffee mugs, not delicate little teacups, so three to five minutes, depending on taste. As for owing me one, Anna told me you have some interesting books that you've been working from; a few heirlooms? I might be interested in a look to advance my own studies, in time, perhaps even make a copy of some of the text - would that be alright?"

"I don't think I own anything that can be considered dainty."
Bruce grunted.
"I am a large man I would just end up breaking anything to delicate."
He said then he nodded.
"Yeah sure, my great grandfather's books, Anna came by to deliver a message from the Chief here the other day and she was interested in the books so I let her have a look at them. You can borrow them if you want no problem, just make sure I get them back since they are family heirlooms."
The big man said with a smile.

[Waltham]

'Which is why I left it to you to work out...' Nicole quipped; tone making it clear she was willing to defer to their judgement on this.

Marian gave you a thumbs up at this.

'They took Kinfolk. If I was doing that, I'd prepare for the backlash and get in silver.' Nicole replied, driving towards the target. 'Anyhows, our handy radar should tell us if anybody or thing is behind the first door.'

"That would be...smart...silver sucks, well be it as it may, if the waves call me back this day so be it as long as I get to crush some Qyrl tainted skulls before I go."
Coawa replied with a shrug.

'Might need your help breaking through the door if it's been sealed up, mind.'

"That I can do, I am good at breaking stuff."
The Rokea announced proudly.
"Sometimes you eat the fisherman, sometimes you eat the boat."

Alicia spoke up as you got to the top of the hill.
"And we have dots on the radar from inside of the building, but it is unclear, coming in and out of focus. I think the wards are messing with the equipment Ma'am."
She announced as she looked down at your phone and then in a most unscientific way shook it a little to see if that would clear up the image, it did not.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:46 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Well such a Node would be perfect for a Labyrinth I guess. But yes being helpless and knowing that the ending is creeping closer but being powerless to stop it...that would be horrible for anyone but add pain and torment to that and the screams for their Beasts as well it...is not a good way to go."
Cita said and she shook her head sadly.
"Ah and let me guess you had a hand in making sure those infernalist vampires was found in this Nicolai's apartment?"
Colin grinned darkly, "Well, the good lady who Handles the polyp the Boston Labyrinth was situated in didn't want those vampires, either, so I may or may not have provided her with a... suitable place to dispose of them. It was a practical solution for everyone, except for the infernalist vampires and Nicolai."

Anja wrote:"Impressive, it must have taken Anna a great deal of trust to write that note for you."
Cita said and she smiled warmly.
"And her life must be pretty good now that she want to stay alive so badly she is willing to let someone force her through what she fears most in order to stay alive if need be. She is a good kid Mr Wainwright."
He smiled warmly, "She is, she's quite taken to the idea that she's now a Traditionalist, so the Nephandi way of things is not for her anymore."

Anja wrote:"I don't think I own anything that can be considered dainty."
Bruce grunted.
"I am a large man I would just end up breaking anything to delicate."
He said then he nodded.
"Yeah sure, my great grandfather's books, Anna came by to deliver a message from the Chief here the other day and she was interested in the books so I let her have a look at them. You can borrow them if you want no problem, just make sure I get them back since they are family heirlooms."
The big man said with a smile.
He nodded, "I'll make sure that when the day comes, I will treat your books carefully. I expect there's some materials theory, as well as some good instruction on permanent enchantments?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Well it is not Umbral realm making but it is still a neat things to do."
Kyle said with a nod.
"Hum...well pop culture realms would be cool...sort of some pop culture world though would be pretty dangerous. I mean take Pokemon, step wrong and boom you are eaten by a monster."

"If these realms are truly created by the collective interests of fans and those who appreciate the art, then I don't think it'd be all that dangerous. After all its a pretty kid friendly show. The Pokemon mostly fight each other. Just stay in one of the cities and watch all the Pokemon go by."

Anja wrote:Kyle paid close attention to what you where saying and he looked at the symbols you had drawn.
"Yes I get it sort of I think."
He said with a nod.
"So it is about emotions and symbolism Sir?"

"Yep. Those are the most commons ones at least. A sad drawing makes a person feel sad so they become sad. A drawing representing loneliness and suddenly the ones who view it can no longer find companions. That sorta thing. But the thing about art is that its flexible. It can be used in a variety of ways. It's never right to say that its one or the other." Serge explained, "If you ever want to pursue this type of magick, you have to figure out what art means to you."

Anja wrote:"So your drawings become like mini magick in itself then Sir, they become manifestations of your will and then you use that to fuel other magick?"
The young Hermetic asked. Stephen nodded then he frowned.
"Sir if this is what you see your art as, are you not worried someone will get one of your drawings and use them as an Arcane connection against you?"

"Oh yeah, I"m a huge liability. If I leave my art books anywhere it'd be a direct connection to me or anyone I've depicted." Serge confirmed. "But I'm not worried. I don't often leave giant art books in places. Adley's also warning us about arcane connections and cutting off our own in any place we do magick. So it's been alright so far."

Anja wrote:"Sure Sir but what if someone open their door and step out of their rooms just as you toss things around Sir, that would be a problem, are there not some larger, at this time unused area we can use?"
Stephen asked skeptically.

"Ritual rooms were being used by Adley last I checked. Plus their all the way down in the basement. Serge said with a shrug. "Either the hallway or from one of Kyle apartment to another. Either works."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:54 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh to this.

Anja's Post:

'Try zooming in; might be able to cut through the jamming. Apart from that; your job is to make the best SWAG you can.' Nicole replied, fishing out the modified glasses from her pocket and shoving them on.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:51 pm

[Waltham]

A soft laugh to this.

"Hey, boats are delicious, but as my mother always says, boats taste good Coawa but they realy hurt when you have to shit them back out."
The Rokea said with a grin.

Try zooming in; might be able to cut through the jamming. Apart from that; your job is to make the best SWAG you can.' Nicole replied, fishing out the modified glasses from her pocket and shoving them on.

"I will try Ma'am."
Alicia said as the cars stopped outside of the abandoned hospital.
"No..it is still unclear I will try again inside."
She said and Marian looked at you?"
So now we run to the entrance right?"
He asked. You notice that Jeffry and the others where already on their way to the door, so far the team had not been discovered or at least no one was shooting at them...for now.

[Kyle's Room]

"If these realms are truly created by the collective interests of fans and those who appreciate the art, then I don't think it'd be all that dangerous. After all its a pretty kid friendly show. The Pokemon mostly fight each other. Just stay in one of the cities and watch all the Pokemon go by."

"Yeah well let me quote you a Pokedex entry from the game Sir."
Kyle said and then he said from memory.
""It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans. for Gangar or If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it's a sure sign that one of these Pokémon is standing above your pillow and trying to eat you dream through your nostrils for Drowzee or Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained for Palossand. You might not see deaths in the show or on screen in the games but damn these critters are dangerous."

"Yep. Those are the most commons ones at least. A sad drawing makes a person feel sad so they become sad. A drawing representing loneliness and suddenly the ones who view it can no longer find companions. That sorta thing. But the thing about art is that its flexible. It can be used in a variety of ways. It's never right to say that its one or the other." Serge explained, "If you ever want to pursue this type of magick, you have to figure out what art means to you."

"Well that makes sense Sir. I have never really considered art much, doodling can be fun but I can not remember ever having tried to express anything with it."
Kyle said and Stephen nodded.
"So if you wanted to make me hungry you would draw me eating a pizza or something Sir?"
The young Flambeau asked.

"Oh yeah, I"m a huge liability. If I leave my art books anywhere it'd be a direct connection to me or anyone I've depicted." Serge confirmed. "But I'm not worried. I don't often leave giant art books in places. Adley's also warning us about arcane connections and cutting off our own in any place we do magick. So it's been alright so far."

The two young Hermetics nodded at that.
"Yeah well...I think you perhaps should not tell my Mentor about the things you draw being part of you or you will get a long lecture on safety."
Kyle warned.
"Master Morgan certainly have a lecture mode."
He added which made Stephen giggle.
"So do my Mentor."
He said which both boys seamed to find amusing.
"I wonder who could lecture the longest?"
Kyle commented which made Stephen chuckle.

"Ritual rooms were being used by Adley last I checked. Plus their all the way down in the basement. Serge said with a shrug. "Either the hallway or from one of Kyle apartment to another. Either works."

"We could move some of the furniture to the side in here...I think that using the hallway is a good way to get scolded by the first older mage that see us playing around."
Stephen said and Kyle nodded.
"Ok I can help out."
"No you are sick, if you feel up to it eat a bit more of the scrambled eggs, I can move the furniture."
Stephen ordered and Kyle sigh.
"But I am not helpless."
"Dos not matter I am older than you so in this you will listen to what I say."
"And yet I am your uncle..."
"Touche..."

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin grinned darkly, "Well, the good lady who Handles the polyp the Boston Labyrinth was situated in didn't want those vampires, either, so I may or may not have provided her with a... suitable place to dispose of them. It was a practical solution for everyone, except for the infernalist vampires and Nicolai."

"That is a pretty elegant solution. I can not help but feel bad for Nicolas though even if he was the way I hear it a litte bastard that deserved everything he had coming but even so, poor vampire...what do you think happened to the vampire infernalists Mr Wainwright?"
Cita asked.

He smiled warmly, "She is, she's quite taken to the idea that she's now a Traditionalist, so the Nephandi way of things is not for her anymore."

"That is good to hear. I am sure she will turn into a fine mage as she grown up."
The Spirit Healer replied with a smile.

He nodded, "I'll make sure that when the day comes, I will treat your books carefully. I expect there's some materials theory, as well as some good instruction on permanent enchantments?"

"I am sure you will and yeah there are both theory and practical information in them."
Bruce confirmed.
"They are quite useful, I Awakened reading those books, I used to visit my grand dad during the weekends and bring with me a glass of milk and a tray of cookies and spend hours on end reading those volumes. I am not completely sure when I Awakened from it...but it happened, they have not led me astray thus far and while I can not yet make permanent enchantments I am getting decent at what I do."
He added with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:59 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... fibreglass ain't edible. Even rats get that idea.'

Anja's Post:

'Do you best; at least working out where they're not is better than fuck all.'

[Erm... Nicole wouldn't be stopping to discuss things while parked outside the hospital... thought they were still driving towards it...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:40 pm

[Waltham]

'Erm... fibreglass ain't edible. Even rats get that idea.'

"Then why are it on the ocean moving around enticingly? And not all boats are fiberglass some are wood or metal as well, But yeah the really annoying ones are the ones that go fast and always have the same slick assholes on board, they disturb the ocean life and they go down surprisingly well if I am big enough."
"And when I eat the boat the assholes always start crying oh no oh no daddy is going to kill me! So I leave them there to face their father he must be formidable and will solve the problem for me."

Do you best; at least working out where they're not is better than fuck all.'

"Ok I will do my best Ma'am."
Alicia agreed.

(OOC: Ok fair enough let us say they roll onto the parking lot outside the side entrance to the hospital just as they finish their conversation and you can take it from there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:52 pm

[Hobby Room]

He felt like an ant directing a full size army, not of other ants, but giants. Or directing a raging whitewater with a canoe and paddle. By the end, he was shaking as much from exertion as the energies that he'd had to try to direct and channel along with the others. And for all he knew, they were likely holding back to not completely overwhelm him. By now Crexia would know about how much he could handle and being Tytalus, probably thought he could handle a bit more. Thankfully not more than he actually could. He concluded the ritual and tried to ground himself a moment with a breathing exercise, his heart beating like he'd run a mile again. Then he closed the book, with the mark still in the right page for later.

"That seemed to go well. I shall be back with something else, soon. But we hope that will help keep you you, and safe..." he said, glancing at Thomas. "How are you?"

// guess who got called in on their day off again?!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:38 pm

[Hobby Room]

As you stood trying to ground yourself you noticed Andrew take a water bottle from where he had put it on a shelf when the table was moved and he filled a glass with water and handed it to you, not saying anything right now, just assuming you could need something to drink and not be pestered with questions.

Thomas glanced over to you.
"I am fine. I mean it got a little hot in here and I felt...like the air was electric but other than that I did not really feel much...so now I am protected?"
He asked then he gave you a concerned look.
"You look rather dead tired though, are you sure you should not sit down for a little while or something?"
The young Void Enginner asked.

(OOC: That sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:46 pm

[Hobby Room]

He took the water from Andrew with a thank you and held it, answering Thomas's questions. "Soon in more ways than one, but yes. I am tired, but there is yet more to do that must occur before I may rest. Thank you for your concern." He looked to the pair of Master magii and said, "Shall we then, ma'am and sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:58 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"That is a pretty elegant solution. I can not help but feel bad for Nicolas though even if he was the way I hear it a litte bastard that deserved everything he had coming but even so, poor vampire...what do you think happened to the vampire infernalists Mr Wainwright?"
Cita asked.
Colin frowned, "Probably... nothing better than what happened to Nicolai. Though I suppose it's just as plausible they were dragged into the sunlight as a matter of course, rather than being staked and left for dawn... Infernalist vampires are none too popular with the Camarilla, it seems, and probably not more appreciated with the Sabbat, either..."

Anja wrote:"That is good to hear. I am sure she will turn into a fine mage as she grown up."
The Spirit Healer replied with a smile.
He grinned, "A few years down the line, she will deliver a wonderful argument before the Nine on the cessation of Ordeal as a punishment... a teacher at Mus in her own right."

Anja wrote:"I am sure you will and yeah there are both theory and practical information in them."
Bruce confirmed.
"They are quite useful, I Awakened reading those books, I used to visit my grand dad during the weekends and bring with me a glass of milk and a tray of cookies and spend hours on end reading those volumes. I am not completely sure when I Awakened from it...but it happened, they have not led me astray thus far and while I can not yet make permanent enchantments I am getting decent at what I do."
He added with a grin.
He nodded, "It's not as though I can make permanent enchantments, either, but I do manage some measure of duration, all the same. Still, there's an important distinction between making something last for months, or even years, and making something truly permanent."
He grinned, "Now get thee off to thine date, young man; and good luck, I don't know when Nico will call on you, but you had best not be here when she shows up at your door."

((OOC: Bleh, mismanaging managers, or someone desperately getting shifts covered in response to call-outs?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin frowned, "Probably... nothing better than what happened to Nicolai. Though I suppose it's just as plausible they were dragged into the sunlight as a matter of course, rather than being staked and left for dawn... Infernalist vampires are none too popular with the Camarilla, it seems, and probably not more appreciated with the Sabbat, either..."

Cita nodded at that.
"Well in either case I assume those infernalist vampires will not be a problem for us as allies of the Fallen again."
She commented.
"Some who work with darker powers are not bad people but if they work with the Fallen I tend to think it is good riddance."

He grinned, "A few years down the line, she will deliver a wonderful argument before the Nine on the cessation of Ordeal as a punishment... a teacher at Mus in her own right."

"That...is quite impressive...so we will take Mus back? That will delight Jeffry, he was trained at that Collage Chantry after all and he see it as sort of a personal insult that it is in Technocracy hands."
The Spirit Healer said with a smile.
"As for Ordeal, good, I hope Anna pull it off in the future, it is not a punishment that a civilized society should have on the books."

He nodded, "It's not as though I can make permanent enchantments, either, but I do manage some measure of duration, all the same. Still, there's an important distinction between making something last for months, or even years, and making something truly permanent."

"Yes I can make something last for a while as well but my enchantments and artifacts need refreshing regularly. I do look forward to the time when I have mastered the art of making them last for as long as I wish them to."
Bruce commented.

He grinned, "Now get thee off to thine date, young man; and good luck, I don't know when Nico will call on you, but you had best not be here when she shows up at your door."

"Yeah...I would not want to keep them waiting...I better go then."
The large Orphan said, now suddenly rather flustered.
"Ehm...thanks again Colin and good evening."
He said before he bowed to Cita and then hurried out the door. Cita gave a little chuckle when Bruce had left.
"It seams your Cabalmate have caught the love bug Mr Wainwright."
She said sounding amused.

[Basement]

He took the water from Andrew with a thank you and held it,

Andrew gave you a smile and stepped out of the way again.

answering Thomas's questions. "Soon in more ways than one, but yes. I am tired, but there is yet more to do that must occur before I may rest. Thank you for your concern." He looked to the pair of Master magii and said, "Shall we then, ma'am and sir?"

"Sure man, you know yourself best."
Thomas said with a nod.
"You still look rather tired though...so yeah...be careful I am still angry at you but try not to get yourself hurt or anything."
Crexia nodded and begun to leave the room.
"Young man."
She said to Andrew.
"If the prisoner start feeling any strange sensations and it gets uncomfortable come and get one of us though he should be fine, he might want to eat something to ground his energies though."
She instructed and the young Scribe bowed.
"Off course Ma'am I will do so."
He said and Crexia nodded.
"Thank you."
She said before she led the way back towards Nico's room.
"Are you able to cast another ritual now Sodalis or do you need a few minutes rest first?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Cita nodded at that.
"Well in either case I assume those infernalist vampires will not be a problem for us as allies of the Fallen again."
She commented.
"Some who work with darker powers are not bad people but if they work with the Fallen I tend to think it is good riddance."
Colin nodded, "I believe that specific group of vampires won't trouble anyone again, no. And I'm given to understand that the specific vampire clan - I believe they are called Baali, like the Old Testament deities - are a particularly nasty lot."

Anja wrote:"That...is quite impressive...so we will take Mus back? That will delight Jeffry, he was trained at that Collage Chantry after all and he see it as sort of a personal insult that it is in Technocracy hands."
The Spirit Healer said with a smile.
"As for Ordeal, good, I hope Anna pull it off in the future, it is not a punishment that a civilized society should have on the books."
He grinned, "Within the decade, I think? Anna will be part of the effort, and I'm guessing Yu Die will, too - the two will be an incredible team on the battlefield."

Anja wrote:"Yes I can make something last for a while as well but my enchantments and artifacts need refreshing regularly. I do look forward to the time when I have mastered the art of making them last for as long as I wish them to."
Bruce commented.
He nodded, "Quite, best of luck to you in that regard; it'll be interesting to see when you start hammering out, say, magical armours and the like. I think you would make a fine armourer, in fact."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I would not want to keep them waiting...I better go then."
The large Orphan said, now suddenly rather flustered.
"Ehm...thanks again Colin and good evening."
He said before he bowed to Cita and then hurried out the door.
Colin nodded, "Good evening, Bruce, and best of luck in that regard, too."

Anja wrote:Cita gave a little chuckle when Bruce had left.
"It seams your Cabalmate have caught the love bug Mr Wainwright."
She said sounding amused.
He grinned and sat down to nurse his cup of tea again, "Oh, I think they both have - Nico blushed in quite an... I believe the word 'adorkable' is appropriate, manner when they said they needed to consult with him over some shell casings for some special bullets they've been making. Besides, it's a good thing that that bug is going around, I suppose, and I'm sure you've noticed those two are not the only ones finding one another around here recently."

He sipped his tea, "I really ought to make a list of wedding gifts, and start taking ring measurements of everyone in the Chantry someday soon... Perhaps even open wedding a wedding registry at my shop. Though I suppose those are really more for chain shops..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... them movies weren't meant to be, like inspiration or something.'

Anja's Post:

'But how to they get back to shore if you've sunk the boat?' the Etherite replied, instantly regretting for indulging in her curiosity before working out whether it was wise to get the answer.

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

As the Victoria approached the secondary entrance to the hospital grounds, Nicole slowed down, clearly expecting a set of gates or other obstacle to bar their entry...

[Sounds fine.]

[Mickey Rooney?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:15 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah well let me quote you a Pokedex entry from the game Sir."
Kyle said and then he said from memory.
""It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans, for Gangar or If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it's a sure sign that one of these Pokémon is standing above your pillow and trying to eat you dream through your nostrils for Drowzee or Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained for Palossand. You might not see deaths in the show or on screen in the games but damn these critters are dangerous."

Serge chuckled at pokedex entry, a wave of nostalgia hitting. "Yeah there's a lot of wild description in the pokedex. Don't forget Driftloon, who carries children into the sky never to return. Or heatmor, who skewers creatures with its hot tongue to melt and drink their insides. But its important to remember that these realms are created by how the wider audience views pokemon. The vast majority of fans who play the games don't even read or know about those pokedex entry. Their view of the series comes from playing the games and watching the anime. Which typically don't feature or show that aspects of it. The realm would likely conform to the most common view of the art, rather than the niche parts of it that only a few people know about."

Anja wrote:"Well that makes sense Sir. I have never really considered art much, doodling can be fun but I can not remember ever having tried to express anything with it."
Kyle said and Stephen nodded.
"So if you wanted to make me hungry you would draw me eating a pizza or something Sir?"
The young Flambeau asked.

"For me personally, If I wanted to make you hungry I would draw a picture of you lacking food. Drawing a picture of you eating pizza would be a prime focus for making you feel like you had just eaten pizza. Stomach full, cheesy breath, the sensation of crumbs in your mouth despite nothing being there." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:The two young Hermetics nodded at that.
"Yeah well...I think you perhaps should not tell my Mentor about the things you draw being part of you or you will get a long lecture on safety."
Kyle warned.
"Master Morgan certainly have a lecture mode."
He added which made Stephen giggle.
"So do my Mentor."
He said which both boys seamed to find amusing.
"I wonder who could lecture the longest?"
Kyle commented which made Stephen chuckle.

"Master Morgan likely already realizes. I'm pretty sure he's met plenty of people like me. Crazy dedicated artist mages are a pretty old thing. He probably trust that I know what I'm doing. Especially if I've survived all these years." he mused, "And my bet for longest lecturer is Master Morgan. He's older and has more life experience to pull examples from."

Anja wrote:"We could move some of the furniture to the side in here...I think that using the hallway is a good way to get scolded by the first older mage that see us playing around."
Stephen said and Kyle nodded.
"Ok I can help out."
"No you are sick, if you feel up to it eat a bit more of the scrambled eggs, I can move the furniture."
Stephen ordered and Kyle sigh.
"But I am not helpless."
"Dos not matter I am older than you so in this you will listen to what I say."
"And yet I am your uncle..."
"Touche..."

"Ahhh, the weirdness of family." Serge said, amused by Kyle's comeback. "Saying people should listen to you just because your older is a good way to make people not want to listen to you. This is Kyle's room after all. This is his stuff."

He glanced around at the room, looking for the minimal number of furniture pieces that needed to be move. He didn't need a large space. Just a good 8 feet line where he could play catch with himself. "I'll move the furniture. Anyone who wants to help me is welcome too. But try not too strain yourself, all right Kyle?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:13 am

[Kyle's Room]

Serge chuckled at pokedex entry, a wave of nostalgia hitting. "Yeah there's a lot of wild description in the pokedex. Don't forget Driftloon, who carries children into the sky never to return. Or heatmor, who skewers creatures with its hot tongue to melt and drink their insides. But its important to remember that these realms are created by how the wider audience views pokemon. The vast majority of fans who play the games don't even read or know about those pokedex entry. Their view of the series comes from playing the games and watching the anime. Which typically don't feature or show that aspects of it. The realm would likely conform to the most common view of the art, rather than the niche parts of it that only a few people know about."

"Well that is the problem Sir, fictional settings tends to be world reduced, and while some of that will show up in a realm as well, a realm tend to be flushed out and more life like. Also remember danger was always a part of the anime, if it was not it would not have been fun, yes we did not see deaths on screen but when a large Pokemon went berserk the audience all knew it was dangerous, everyone know a huge, angry dragon can be dangerous...that would show up in a realm that show up from such a work of fiction."
Kyle replied.

"For me personally, If I wanted to make you hungry I would draw a picture of you lacking food. Drawing a picture of you eating pizza would be a prime focus for making you feel like you had just eaten pizza. Stomach full, cheesy breath, the sensation of crumbs in your mouth despite nothing being there." he said with a smile.

"Well I guess that makes sense Sir."
Stephen said with a nod.

"Master Morgan likely already realizes. I'm pretty sure he's met plenty of people like me. Crazy dedicated artist mages are a pretty old thing. He probably trust that I know what I'm doing. Especially if I've survived all these years." he mused, "And my bet for longest lecturer is Master Morgan. He's older and has more life experience to pull examples from."

"I don't think being a dedicated artist will get you excused from tossing things around in the hallway and disturbing the peace."
Kyle replied.
"And yeah I guess Master Morgan can lecture the longest."
He said and Stephen nodded.
"Perhaps but my Mentor is pretty good at lecturing as well."

"Ahhh, the weirdness of family." Serge said, amused by Kyle's comeback. "Saying people should listen to you just because your older is a good way to make people not want to listen to you. This is Kyle's room after all. This is his stuff."

"Yeah well when a four year old want to go out in full winter in a summer dress and no shoes they will actually have to listen to their elders who know better Sir."
Stephen retorted.
"And Kyle should rest, not that he is a four year old but he is sick and it is my responsibility that he do not get worse."

He glanced around at the room, looking for the minimal number of furniture pieces that needed to be move. He didn't need a large space. Just a good 8 feet line where he could play catch with himself. "I'll move the furniture. Anyone who wants to help me is welcome too. But try not too strain yourself, all right Kyle?"

Kyle had quite a bit of furniture two, a sofa and two chairs, a living room table, shelves for books and other things, a TV, another small table, and a table as well as kitchen appliances in the kitchen.
"I can get some of the small things Sir."
Kyle said and he got up a bit unsteady. Stephen did not look convinced and he sigh.
"I can get it you know."
He muttered.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "I believe that specific group of vampires won't trouble anyone again, no. And I'm given to understand that the specific vampire clan - I believe they are called Baali, like the Old Testament deities - are a particularly nasty lot."

"They do not sound like someone one would like to run into."
Cita muttered before sipping her tea.

He grinned, "Within the decade, I think? Anna will be part of the effort, and I'm guessing Yu Die will, too - the two will be an incredible team on the battlefield."

"They are adorable together and as for Mus that is certainly good news, we could do with a large Collage Chantry again to educate young mages."
The Spirit Healer replied with a nod.

He nodded, "Quite, best of luck to you in that regard; it'll be interesting to see when you start hammering out, say, magical armours and the like. I think you would make a fine armourer, in fact."

"Yeah armor is sort of what I do, that and weaponry. Me and Nico have been working on something actually, it is not permanent but it do turn regular clothing into armor, without changing how they feel to wear."
The other Orphan said with a grunt.

Colin nodded, "Good evening, Bruce, and best of luck in that regard, too."

The large man just grinned to you before he left your apartment.

He grinned and sat down to nurse his cup of tea again, "Oh, I think they both have - Nico blushed in quite an... I believe the word 'adorkable' is appropriate, manner when they said they needed to consult with him over some shell casings for some special bullets they've been making. Besides, it's a good thing that that bug is going around, I suppose, and I'm sure you've noticed those two are not the only ones finding one another around here recently."

Cita smiled a little at that and blushed.
"Well I have certainly...found I have a good eye for Jeffry, and we just spoke of Anna and Yu Die. And then it is your other Cabalmate and Narim...Well I hope Mr King and Adept Markov will find one another, it is indeed a quite beneficial bug going around."
She said with a smile.

He sipped his tea, "I really ought to make a list of wedding gifts, and start taking ring measurements of everyone in the Chantry someday soon... Perhaps even open wedding a wedding registry at my shop. Though I suppose those are really more for chain shops..."

"Well that some of your Chantry mates end up being sweethearts might not mean it is quite time to think of marriage just yet Mr Wainwright."
Cita said with a chuckle.
"But you never know, your shop might get more work in the future."

[Waltham]

'Erm... them movies weren't meant to be, like inspiration or something.'

"Movies? The flickering stories that humans like to watch?"
Coava asked.
"I have not seen many but I like the ones with explosions that go boom."

'But how to they get back to shore if you've sunk the boat?' the Etherite replied, instantly regretting for indulging in her curiosity before working out whether it was wise to get the answer.

"They can swim, and if not, they down and they become food for some being in the sea, it is not my problem once the annoying boat is gone...or I eat them...often...I eat them...I mean some wer folk do not like to eat humans so it is best not to...but when they are right there..."
"Humans do not really taste very good though so usually I let them swim."

[Hospital]

As the Victoria approached the secondary entrance to the hospital grounds, Nicole slowed down, clearly expecting a set of gates or other obstacle to bar their entry...

You could drive up to the side entrance but...you saw a camera over the dore, slowly penning back and forth looking for intruders.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 am

[Basement]

"Sure man, you know yourself best."
Thomas said with a nod.
"You still look rather tired though...so yeah...be careful I am still angry at you but try not to get yourself hurt or anything."
Crexia nodded and begun to leave the room

"Perhaps we will earn forgiveness yet for your anger; I do aim not to get hurt if it can be prevented. Hopefully this will help us though."

he said before she led the way back towards Nico's room.
"Are you able to cast another ritual now Sodalis or do you need a few minutes rest first?"

He gave himself an assessment, balanced it against time and also if he would feel more tired if he rested than persisted then rested. And of course the need to keep Cava safe, as they walked back to Nico's.

// call out for not-covid related reasons to cover shift

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:32 am

[Basement]

Perhaps we will earn forgiveness yet for your anger; I do aim not to get hurt if it can be prevented. Hopefully this will help us though."

"Well luring me here under false pretenses and then taking me captive and tying me to a chair is a dick move, but I guess that if I am released unharmed I can forgive you."
Thomas commented with a sigh.
"Well don't wear yourself out to much either, that is a good way to get hurt my Mentor says."
He informed you.

He gave himself an assessment, balanced it against time and also if he would feel more tired if he rested than persisted then rested. And of course the need to keep Cava safe, as they walked back to Nico's.

Crexia did not protest, she was surprisingly kind for a Tytalus, much less and old Tytalus but she did assume a fellow war mage was able to assess for himself if he was able to keep going.

You got to Nico's apartment. The rebis opened the door and showed you inside.
"The coating on the seals are done."
They informed you.
"They should be safe to wear now."
She added. You saw Cava was already there she sat by the kitchen table drinking a glass of milk, wearing a long, unicorn print night gown. The young apprentice put her glass down and curtsy for you and Crexia.
"Good evening."
She said. Darrian smiled and ruffled the girl's hair.
"Are you being good and not causing problems for Adept Marov?"
He asked and Cava nodded.
"Yes Mentor."
"She is no bother at all Master Haagen."
Nico said with a smile and Darrian smiled.
"Good girl Cava."
"Well then we should get going while the Planetary ruler is still in our favor."
Crexia said.
"Do a planetary ruler have a crown Ma'am?"
Cava asked.
"Ehm...well I guess in a manner of speaking they do child."
The ancient maga replied with a chuckle.
"If you would come and stand for us in the center of this circle?"
She asked and Cava looked at her Mentor who nodded so she walked over and got into the center of the circle.
"Are there any girl planetary rules Ma'am?"
She asked.
"Yes there are Venus but gender is not really a defining factor, you can have male Jupiter energy and female Jupiter energy."
The Tytalus replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next