Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 27 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:42 pm

[Basement]

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, try to persuade him to chat without resorting to pain. He might not be a bit too fragile for that."

"My goal is getting information Mr Wainwright, not causing pain, and information freely given is more reliable, the problem is when one deal with an enemy who are non to eager to share the information they have, sometimes force is needed."
Crexia replied simply.

He nodded, "Quite likely... I'll tidy up this room in the meantime, and stack up everything for incineration. Though I'm sure Dr. Lee could as easily take care of that part along with the other medical wastes."

"I was thinking that bringing along the bloodied medical equipment might upset the other patients, if they are awake that is."
The ancient lich said.
"It is easier if I burn it here."

He looked to Crexia, "No, Lady Crexia offered to pop up with her; just let us know where in the room the bed is... Lady Crexia also offered to take care of soundproofing the bed."

"The bed furthest to the left, on the wall towards the stairs, very well I will make sure I am ready then, and I will see what I can do for the patient."
Richard replied.

[Common Room]

"A distinct possibility..." he said, brow furrowed.

"Let us get to the bottom of it then brother."
Helena replied.

He glanced at the door and decided to take them to a nearby room to wait, the one that they had been in previously, since Colin and Crexia had moved to a different chamber. Here, he texted Crexia: 'We are ready when you are - in the same room as previous.'

Crexia fished up her phone and typed a reply back.
"Yes we are in the same ritual room we where in before, we have dealt with the new prisoner's ability to send information to her Master, I will have to go to the infirmary with her now but I should be right back."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 27 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:35 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:Stephen started another game.
"Well that is fair enough Sir. I guess that you can play your own way."
The young Hermetic said as his car zoomed ahead with Kyle's close behind.

Serge played normally this time, following close behind Stephen and Kyle and doing what he could to pull ahead.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:44 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"My goal is getting information Mr Wainwright, not causing pain, and information freely given is more reliable, the problem is when one deal with an enemy who are non to eager to share the information they have, sometimes force is needed."
Crexia replied simply.
Colin nodded, "And there are other means to compel speech... I imagine you've mastered most of those, if not all, long since..."

Anja wrote:"I was thinking that bringing along the bloodied medical equipment might upset the other patients, if they are awake that is."
The ancient lich said.
"It is easier if I burn it here."
He nodded, "I'll try to have it all sorted, along with what I've used to... clean the floor and table, around the time you get back down."

Anja wrote:"The bed furthest to the left, on the wall towards the stairs, very well I will make sure I am ready then, and I will see what I can do for the patient."
Richard replied.
He nodded, "Very well. I will speak with you later."

Then he hung up, giving Crexia a nod, "The bed furthest to the left, on the wall toward the stairs. He'll be waiting, and he's getting restraints for the bed... Hum, I wonder what's taking the good Adeptus Flavian so long? He best not have tried to make himself scarce..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:21 am

[Basement]

Yes we are in the same ritual room we where in before, we have dealt with the new prisoner's ability to send information to her Master, I will have to go to the infirmary with her now but I should be right back."

He replied simply: 'We await you here

//I thought they went to a different ritual room, but if not he took the group in the nearest one that was open

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:12 am

[Basement]

He replied simply: 'We await you here

"Very well I will be with you as soon as I can Sodalis."
Crexia replied.

Colin nodded, "And there are other means to compel speech... I imagine you've mastered most of those, if not all, long since..."

"Indeed I will use what methods are effective Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied.
"If the man is even in a state where he can be reached.

He nodded, "I'll try to have it all sorted, along with what I've used to... clean the floor and table, around the time you get back down."

"Very good Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said with a nod.

He nodded, "Very well. I will speak with you later."

"Ok talk with you later."
Richard replied and he waited to see if you had anything else to say before he hung up on the call.

Then he hung up, giving Crexia a nod, "The bed furthest to the left, on the wall toward the stairs. He'll be waiting, and he's getting restraints for the bed... Hum, I wonder what's taking the good Adeptus Flavian so long? He best not have tried to make himself scarce..."

"Very well, I have gotten a text message from Mr Roth Hicks though he said he is waiting in one of the other ritual rooms so I suspect the Adeptus is with him."
Crexia replied, then she put the hand on the Nephanda's shoulder and then the two of them was simply gone, leaving you alone with the blood on the table and the floor.

(OOC: Crexia meant she was in the ritual room that she did a ritual in earlier, not the same that Adley is in.)

[Kyle's Room]

Serge played normally this time, following close behind Stephen and Kyle and doing what he could to pull ahead.

You managed to get ahead of Stephen and lay neck a neck with Kyle as you got to the third and final lap of the race, up ahead you saw an opening, a turn you could try to take a chance in, and either crash or perhaps pull ahead given Kyle's more predictive style of driving.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:37 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:You managed to get ahead of Stephen and lay neck a neck with Kyle as you got to the third and final lap of the race, up ahead you saw an opening, a turn you could try to take a chance in, and either crash or perhaps pull ahead given Kyle's more predictive style of driving.

Serge would take the chance with the turn up ahead. After all, if he played normally, he wouldn't be able to pull ahead and Kyle would win due to his advantage. The risk wasn't all that great to him either. What would he lose if he failed the turn...his meager second place? Second and third place may as well be interchangeable to him as they weren't his true goal.

"And besides..." he thought to himself as he attempted the turn, "...whoever heard of a grand adventure where the hero sat back and didn't do anything risky?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 am

[Kyle's Room]

You pilled up on the turn, and took a chance of swooping around it rather than driving carefully and you managed to cut ahead of Kyle's car, you where now right beside him as the race was soon to end, however you managed to get over the finish line a breath before the young Hermetic.
"Well played Sir."
Kyle said as the ending theme for the races started. Stephen nodded as he put the controller down.
"Yeah well played."
The other Flambeau agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:You pilled up on the turn, and took a chance of swooping around it rather than driving carefully and you managed to cut ahead of Kyle's car, you where now right beside him as the race was soon to end, however you managed to get over the finish line a breath before the young Hermetic.
"Well played Sir."
Kyle said as the ending theme for the races started. Stephen nodded as he put the controller down.
"Yeah well played."
The other Flambeau agreed.

"HA YES FINALLY! I WON!" Serge cheered, standing up suddenly and holding his controller aloft in victory. He was clearly not as graceful in victory as he had been in defeat.

Once he realized how strange his reaction was he sat back down, took in a deep breath, and said, "Yes, well played indeed. Looks like we all won a game at least one now. You guys still wanna keep going or do you wanna play something different?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:40 am

[Kyle's Room]

"HA YES FINALLY! I WON!" Serge cheered, standing up suddenly and holding his controller aloft in victory. He was clearly not as graceful in victory as he had been in defeat.

Both of the two young Flambeau chuckle at this.

Once he realized how strange his reaction was he sat back down, took in a deep breath, and said, "Yes, well played indeed. Looks like we all won a game at least one now. You guys still wanna keep going or do you wanna play something different?"

"Nah...we should probably play something else, I have some fighting games, they are two player but we could take turns."
Kyle suggested.
"Also I was thinking I would make some tea or hot cocoa or something if anyone want something, I even have some coffee for when my Mntor comes visiting."
The apprentice continue.
"Master Morgan drinks as much coffee as my Mentor then?"
Stephen asked.
"Yeah I think that if a vampire fed on him they would get a caffeine high, I am sure there is more coffee than blood in his veins."
Kyle replied.
"Yeah my teacher is the same though she prefer her coffee iced."
Stephen replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:04 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Very well, I have gotten a text message from Mr Roth Hicks though he said he is waiting in one of the other ritual rooms so I suspect the Adeptus is with him."
Crexia replied, then she put the hand on the Nephanda's shoulder and then the two of them was simply gone, leaving you alone with the blood on the table and the floor.
Colin nodded as she left, then looked around at the room with a small sigh before getting the dustpan and the little broom, "Well, I did get the gloves to act hydrphobic, let's see if I can do the same with the floor and table, too..."
Drawing a quick circle on the floor with a bit of chalk, around the table and making sure to include everywhere blood had spattered, he rendered the floor and table within the circumference liquid repellent, effectively resulting in the blood lying as loose droplets on the surfaces as it dried, easily scooped up with the broom and dustpan to which it would all stick... A new dustpan would be a small price to pay.

((OOC: Arete roll for temporarily fixing the surfaces like that: 5,5,0. Should work wonders and speed up the blood cleaning, at least.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:58 am

[Basement]

Colin nodded as she left, then looked around at the room with a small sigh before getting the dustpan and the little broom, "Well, I did get the gloves to act hydrphobic, let's see if I can do the same with the floor and table, too..."
Drawing a quick circle on the floor with a bit of chalk, around the table and making sure to include everywhere blood had spattered, he rendered the floor and table within the circumference liquid repellent, effectively resulting in the blood lying as loose droplets on the surfaces as it dried, easily scooped up with the broom and dustpan to which it would all stick... A new dustpan would be a small price to pay.

After a bit of practical magick clean up was allot easier, through the ritual room would need a god spiritual cleanse as well after this. You saw a slight light before Crexia stepped back into the room, she looked around and nodded.
"The clean up seam to be going we Mr Wainwright."
Then she sigh.
"I have told Dr Lee to focus on palliative care for Miss Jacobs instead of heroic efforts to save her life, Horizon might protest but I will deal with them, asking the doctor to treat her in such a way is not directly illegal, and it seams wrong to put her through painful treatment regiments only to get her to live so she can be Gilgulled...though her widderslainte will be...difficult to deal with."
The archmaga said with a frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:28 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:After a bit of practical magick clean up was allot easier, through the ritual room would need a god spiritual cleanse as well after this. You saw a slight light before Crexia stepped back into the room, she looked around and nodded.
"The clean up seam to be going we Mr Wainwright."
Then she sigh.
"I have told Dr Lee to focus on palliative care for Miss Jacobs instead of heroic efforts to save her life, Horizon might protest but I will deal with them, asking the doctor to treat her in such a way is not directly illegal, and it seams wrong to put her through painful treatment regiments only to get her to live so she can be Gilgulled...though her widderslainte will be...difficult to deal with."
The archmaga said with a frown.
Colin smiled thinly as he poured the blood into the box with the gloves and used syringe, "Cleaning up the... physical residues proved quite easy. The mental impressions... those I cannot get a grip on, I'm afraid, though I can at least get rid of my own Resonances... As for Miss Jacobs' potential widderslainte, there's a chance by the time we find her that that Avatar can be rescued again... who knows, that might be worth the trouble."
He sighed, "Well, that's one problem we'll have to deal with if and when it actually becomes a future problem... Would you kindly give me a hand with scrubbing out the... well, the memory of pain from the room? It feels a little... sticky."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:44 am

[Basement]

Colin smiled thinly as he poured the blood into the box with the gloves and used syringe, "Cleaning up the... physical residues proved quite easy. The mental impressions... those I cannot get a grip on, I'm afraid, though I can at least get rid of my own Resonances... As for Miss Jacobs' potential widderslainte, there's a chance by the time we find her that that Avatar can be rescued again... who knows, that might be worth the trouble."

"Such mental impressions tend to stay...perhaps they should stay so doing what we just did to that woman never become commonplace or a easy solution to reach for."
Crexia replied with a sigh.
"We can hope that one day we can cleanse such lost souls and perhaps by the time that poor woman is reborn...something can be done other than hauling her poor widderslainte in for...destruction. For now though all signs points to Miss Jacobs being spared the horror of the Main Sentencing Hall.

He sighed, "Well, that's one problem we'll have to deal with if and when it actually becomes a future problem... Would you kindly give me a hand with scrubbing out the... well, the memory of pain from the room? It feels a little... sticky."

"I will take care of that and burning the blood and supplies, if you would kindly go to the next door ritual room and check on Mr Roth Hicks and Adeptus Flavian my good man?"
The ancient lich requested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:12 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Such mental impressions tend to stay...perhaps they should stay so doing what we just did to that woman never become commonplace or a easy solution to reach for."
Crexia replied with a sigh.
"We can hope that one day we can cleanse such lost souls and perhaps by the time that poor woman is reborn...something can be done other than hauling her poor widderslainte in for...destruction. For now though all signs points to Miss Jacobs being spared the horror of the Main Sentencing Hall.
Colin pondered, "Perhaps a periapt or somesuch tangible memento... but not in an immovable room for public use."

Anja wrote:"I will take care of that and burning the blood and supplies, if you would kindly go to the next door ritual room and check on Mr Roth Hicks and Adeptus Flavian my good man?"
The ancient lich requested.
He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Perhaps let the mental echoes linger a little more... I'm sure they'd have an impact on the good Adeptus."

He put on his jacket again, checking himself for stray blood stains, then went to knock on the next door, "Amicus? Are you there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:29 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Nah...we should probably play something else, I have some fighting games, they are two player but we could take turns."
Kyle suggested.
"Also I was thinking I would make some tea or hot cocoa or something if anyone want something, I even have some coffee for when my Mentor comes visiting."
The apprentice continue.
"Master Morgan drinks as much coffee as my Mentor then?"
Stephen asked.
"Yeah I think that if a vampire fed on him they would get a caffeine high, I am sure there is more coffee than blood in his veins."
Kyle replied.
"Yeah my teacher is the same though she prefer her coffee iced."
Stephen replied.

"Ohhh I'd be down for a fighting game. Used to play them a lot as kid. Mostly street fighter and mortal kombat though." he replied, "I don't need to drink anything. I'm drunk off victory."

He glanced at Stephen. "Miss Mar likes her coffee iced? That's absolutely perfect." he said chuckling to himself. "I wonder what kinda coffee I should've liked? Art coffee? I think that's actually a thing you know. You guys ever see latte art?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:49 pm

[Basement]

After Crexia's reply he turned to the others. "She should be with us soon, she is attending to something."

He put on his jacket again, checking himself for stray blood stains, then went to knock on the next door, "Amicus? Are you there?

He hadn't locked the door and it was a bit ajar. "Yes, we are in here..." he said. He kept an eye on Flavian, just in case he tried to do something stupid. Again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm

[Basement]

Colin pondered, "Perhaps a periapt or somesuch tangible memento... but not in an immovable room for public use."

"I am afraid I do not exactly understand Mr Wainwright. Did you want to me keep some of the blood or materials as a memento to present the Council?"
Crexia asked sounding confused.

He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Perhaps let the mental echoes linger a little more... I'm sure they'd have an impact on the good Adeptus."

"That is a wonderful idea Mr Wainwright I am sure...such impressions will inspire him to spill the beans as such and help me get to the bottom of things and I do love to see men like him squirm."
The lich lady said and she sounded delighted at the suggestion.

He put on his jacket again, checking himself for stray blood stains, then went to knock on the next door, "Amicus? Are you there?"

You had no stray blood on you as you went to meet up with Adley.

After Crexia's reply he turned to the others. "She should be with us soon, she is attending to something."

Helena nodded while Flavian just looked sour.

He hadn't locked the door and it was a bit ajar. "Yes, we are in here..." he said. He kept an eye on Flavian, just in case he tried to do something stupid. Again.

Flavian was not trying anything right now at least. Colin you see Adley is there in the other ritual room with Helena and a sour looking Adeptus Flavian.

[Kyle's Room]

"Ohhh I'd be down for a fighting game. Used to play them a lot as kid. Mostly street fighter and mortal kombat though." he replied, "I don't need to drink anything. I'm drunk off victory."

"Let me see, I have several Tekken games and Soul Calibur and one of the newer Street Fighter games Sir."
Kyle said.
"Which one would you guys prefer?"
Stephen considered.
"What about Soul Calibur?"

He glanced at Stephen. "Miss Mar likes her coffee iced? That's absolutely perfect." he said chuckling to himself. "I wonder what kinda coffee I should've liked? Art coffee? I think that's actually a thing you know. You guys ever see latte art?"

"Well I guess there is something that can be said for food that please the eye, but I think you might like coffee mocha that taste like hot chocholate better Sir."
Stephen replied.
"And yes my Mentor like her coffee iced."

(OOC: After our D&D game today we started discussing Mage and the topic got to how a D&D spellcaster would rank up with a Ascension Mage..well damn, they would be very limited but duplicating their Spheres need allot of them. Ok so some are pretty straight up easy to covert, my character loves his Edlrich Blasts and they are Prime Bolts, straight up Prime Bolts the descriptions are so similar, Hex minus the visual cues can be done with Entropy 1 so far so good so let us do a bit more tricky one Sacred Flame...Forces 2 or 3 depending on whatever or not you just convert something to fire or make it, and Prime to give it an extra effect against undead that should work just fine...but then I looked at Alarm...ok then, we will need the following, Life 1, Corr 1, Mind 1, Forces 2, well ok then. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:46 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I am afraid I do not exactly understand Mr Wainwright. Did you want to me keep some of the blood or materials as a memento to present the Council?"
Crexia asked sounding confused.
Colin shook his head, "No, I was thinking of crystallizing the emotional residue, perhaps, for ourselves... to remind us why the sand must not be the first option."

Anja wrote:"That is a wonderful idea Mr Wainwright I am sure...such impressions will inspire him to spill the beans as such and help me get to the bottom of things and I do love to see men like him squirm."
The lich lady said and she sounded delighted at the suggestion.
He smiled thinly, "It certainly beats pistol whipping him, I suppose, like I did the last man who brought... undesirables into the Chantry. Well, difference being that the last guy was extorted to do so, by way of a kidnapped daughter. We got her back, and retained a very good lawyer for him. Can't promise the same for Flavian..."

S7trif3 wrote:He hadn't locked the door and it was a bit ajar. "Yes, we are in here..." he said. He kept an eye on Flavian, just in case he tried to do something stupid. Again.
Anja wrote:Flavian was not trying anything right now at least. Colin you see Adley is there in the other ritual room with Helena and a sour looking Adeptus Flavian.
He arched an eyebrow at Flavian, "The good lady is finishing the cleanup in the other room right now; you had best come while she is still patient. The second intruder has been rendered... unable to spy on us, and is trying to recover in the infirmary. She might even survive..."
He looked to Adley, "I don't suppose he said something foolish and incriminating? After all, I'd hate a repeat of Mr. Bergen's arrest..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:19 pm

[Basement]

Colin shook his head, "No, I was thinking of crystallizing the emotional residue, perhaps, for ourselves... to remind us why the sand must not be the first option."

"That is a good idea actually...I will take care of it."
Crexia replied.
"And yes such a reminder might be a good thing, what we did here today have to be remembered for the horror that it was."

He smiled thinly, "It certainly beats pistol whipping him, I suppose, like I did the last man who brought... undesirables into the Chantry. Well, difference being that the last guy was extorted to do so, by way of a kidnapped daughter. We got her back, and retained a very good lawyer for him. Can't promise the same for Flavian..."

"I remember the plight of Mr Bergen...his trial is coming up, I to can not promise anything Mr Wainwright but from what I hear the most likely punishment for him are...Ordeal and Branding...perhaps Indentured Servitude, but he might escape with his life and magick intact...might."
The lich said then she nodded.
"Though some men need a good pistol whipping to knock them of the pedestal they have put themselves on."

He arched an eyebrow at Flavian, "The good lady is finishing the cleanup in the other room right now; you had best come while she is still patient. The second intruder has been rendered... unable to spy on us, and is trying to recover in the infirmary. She might even survive..."

"Well fuck...but how did you even find out about Mina? I mean...ehm...how did you know there was a second infiltrator?"
Flavian exclaimed.
"I...I...had nothing to do about this."

He looked to Adley, "I don't suppose he said something foolish and incriminating? After all, I'd hate a repeat of Mr. Bergen's arrest..."

Helena raised an eyebrow at this but she did not ask. Flavian glanced at you.
"What happened with this Mr Bergen Orphan?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:28 pm

[Basement]

"Well fuck...but how did you even find out about Mina? I mean...ehm...how did you know there was a second infiltrator?"
Flavian exclaimed.

"I think it is /you/ that owe us that explanation."

His brows raised up then he recalled what had happened to Bergen and tipped his head a bit. "He did not follow the Lady's order to come downstairs with the rest of the group. He gave the excuse to my sora of needing the bathroom, yet she caught him trying to slip away and stopped him. When I asked him why, he said that he was worried that he would be blamed when two of those he was responsible for turned out ot be infiltrators. Which strikes me as a strange thing to say, considering he did not come downstairs to find out there were in fact two and not just the one from earlier..." He scowled. "However, it is of course...prudent to let the Lady get to the bottom of this, as he is part of her unit." He took a slight step, as if he were getting restless. "And now we find he seems surprised that we 'found out about' her...and has just used a Name that was not the cover name of the woman that she was pretending to be."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:52 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is a good idea actually...I will take care of it."
Crexia replied.
"And yes such a reminder might be a good thing, what we did here today have to be remembered for the horror that it was."
Colin nodded, "It might be a useful reminder indeed... Depending on what form it takes, I might decide for it to form the core of one of the pieces that will conclude your apprenticeship."

Anja wrote:"I remember the plight of Mr Bergen...his trial is coming up, I to can not promise anything Mr Wainwright but from what I hear the most likely punishment for him are...Ordeal and Branding...perhaps Indentured Servitude, but he might escape with his life and magick intact...might."
The lich said then she nodded.
"Though some men need a good pistol whipping to knock them of the pedestal they have put themselves on."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I am... not fond of the idea of Ordeal as a punitive measure... though in a few years, Anna will be the one to make the impassioned argument for its abolition."
He smiled wryly, "I suppose I'm raising her to upset the stagnation of practices as much as I can do myself... I've not seen the conclusion of that debate, though, but she carried herself well..."

Anja wrote:"Well fuck...but how did you even find out about Mina? I mean...ehm...how did you know there was a second infiltrator?"
Flavian exclaimed.
S7trif3 wrote:"I think it is /you/ that owe us that explanation."
He raised the other eyebrow as well, "Lady Crexia performed a very simple divination, checking her arcane connections and the crisscrossing webwork of links that spawned from those. Oddly enough, the second infiltrator was the only one not connected to anyone else in the room. Now, the question is, how did you know there was a second infiltrator, and by name, no less?"

S7trif3 wrote:His brows raised up then he recalled what had happened to Bergen and tipped his head a bit. "He did not follow the Lady's order to come downstairs with the rest of the group. He gave the excuse to my sora of needing the bathroom, yet she caught him trying to slip away and stopped him. When I asked him why, he said that he was worried that he would be blamed when two of those he was responsible for turned out ot be infiltrators. Which strikes me as a strange thing to say, considering he did not come downstairs to find out there were in fact two and not just the one from earlier..." He scowled. "However, it is of course...prudent to let the Lady get to the bottom of this, as he is part of her unit." He took a slight step, as if he were getting restless. "And now we find he seems surprised that we 'found out about' her...and has just used a Name that was not the cover name of the woman that she was pretending to be."
He nodded, gesturing out the door and toward the other ritual room, "Hum, well, then, come along, Flavian. You might emerge from this mostly intact and unscathed yet. Oh, but before we trudge along, Miss Mar, would you kindly collect a hair or two from the Adeptus' head, just as a precaution?"

Anja wrote:Helena raised an eyebrow at this but she did not ask. Flavian glanced at you.
"What happened with this Mr Bergen Orphan?
He frowned, "He betrayed the Chantry under duress; the Fallen were threatening to give his daughter as a gift to a vampire. Obviously, the Fallen were never planning on giving him his daughter back, and I ended up pistol-whipping and restraining the man, rescuing his daughter, capturing the girl's mother, and got the vampire who was fishing for a child bride a one way ticket to the Prince of Chicago's favourite rooftop. Then, I found him one of the best lawyers on Horizon to defend him. It was, as they say, a hell of a week."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:06 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Let me see, I have several Tekken games and Soul Calibur and one of the newer Street Fighter games Sir."
Kyle said.
"Which one would you guys prefer?"
Stephen considered.
"What about Soul Calibur?"

"Ooooh yeah. I call Voldo. That dudes my kinda crazy/ He's got swords for fingers!" Serge said excitedly.

Anja wrote:"Well I guess there is something that can be said for food that please the eye, but I think you might like coffee mocha that taste like hot chocholate better Sir."
Stephen replied.
"And yes my Mentor like her coffee iced."

"The only kind of coffee I liked was the one I created when I was like, 16. It was 20% boiling water, 60% cold milk, 17% sugar, and 3% french vanilla coffee grounds for smell." Serge said reminiscing about his strange concoction. "I'll try out this fancy mocha thing. If what you say is true then I'll probably like it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:31 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "It might be a useful reminder indeed... Depending on what form it takes, I might decide for it to form the core of one of the pieces that will conclude your apprenticeship."

"It can take any form really but I can shape it into a gem."
Crexia replied.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I am... not fond of the idea of Ordeal as a punitive measure... though in a few years, Anna will be the one to make the impassioned argument for its abolition."
He smiled wryly, "I suppose I'm raising her to upset the stagnation of practices as much as I can do myself... I've not seen the conclusion of that debate, though, but she carried herself well..."

"Ordeal is not usually given as a punishment by Horizon itself but it is commonly given by individual Tribunals...but yes it are seldom productive, even so for some they scratch their vindictive itch, and if the alternative is death or worse...it might be a better choice. When that is said it will be interesting to see what your apprentice might be able to pull off in the future and the Traditions have become stagnant, it is time to shake things up a bit."
The ancient Hermetic replied with a nod.
"And yes I am sure the kid carried herself well, she will be quite a mage when she grows up."

He raised the other eyebrow as well, "Lady Crexia performed a very simple divination, checking her arcane connections and the crisscrossing webwork of links that spawned from those. Oddly enough, the second infiltrator was the only one not connected to anyone else in the room. Now, the question is, how did you know there was a second infiltrator, and by name, no less?"

"That is...is a brilliant idea...so...simple and yet so.."
Flavian begun clearly impressed by Crexia's creativity then he paled as he realized he had mispoken.
"I ehm...I...I...have no comment."
He muttered and looked away.

He nodded, gesturing out the door and toward the other ritual room, "Hum, well, then, come along, Flavian. You might emerge from this mostly intact and unscathed yet. Oh, but before we trudge along, Miss Mar, would you kindly collect a hair or two from the Adeptus' head, just as a precaution?"

"Very well...lead the way."
Flavian said he was scared but he realized he could nto flee, he gave you an angry look though.
"I have nothing to say to an Orphan though you have no right to question me, you are nto even a member of a Tradition."
He declared stubbornly.

He frowned, "He betrayed the Chantry under duress; the Fallen were threatening to give his daughter as a gift to a vampire. Obviously, the Fallen were never planning on giving him his daughter back, and I ended up pistol-whipping and restraining the man, rescuing his daughter, capturing the girl's mother, and got the vampire who was fishing for a child bride a one way ticket to the Prince of Chicago's favourite rooftop. Then, I found him one of the best lawyers on Horizon to defend him. It was, as they say, a hell of a week."

"Well you where certainly busy Mr Wainwright."
Helena replied and she sounded impressed.
"You did several good deeds saving that kid and perhaps her father as well and in the process humiliating him just about as far as anyone can go...well played...well played indeed."

[Kyle's Room]

"Ooooh yeah. I call Voldo. That dudes my kinda crazy/ He's got swords for fingers!" Serge said excitedly.

"I think he is cool as well Sir but he can be a bit hard to control...but sure you can use him."
Kyle said as he headed to the kitchen.
"Sure you don't want a refreshment?"

"The only kind of coffee I liked was the one I created when I was like, 16. It was 20% boiling water, 60% cold milk, 17% sugar, and 3% french vanilla coffee grounds for smell." Serge said reminiscing about his strange concoction. "I'll try out this fancy mocha thing. If what you say is true then I'll probably like it."

"I can make something like Mocha but without a proper pressure pot I can not make it as it should be, as it use espresso."
Kyle said.
"Well magick could do that."
"Yeah but I am only allowed to use sensory spells without asking first and I do not want to bother anyone right now to ask if I can magick up some coffee."
"Yeah...that is true...I am not supposed to use anything but sensory magick either without leave...I guess hot cocoa it is then."
Stephen replied and Kyle nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:35 pm

[Basement]

"I think it is /you/ that owe us that explanation."

Flavian just glared at Adley at that.

His brows raised up then he recalled what had happened to Bergen and tipped his head a bit. "He did not follow the Lady's order to come downstairs with the rest of the group. He gave the excuse to my sora of needing the bathroom, yet she caught him trying to slip away and stopped him. When I asked him why, he said that he was worried that he would be blamed when two of those he was responsible for turned out ot be infiltrators. Which strikes me as a strange thing to say, considering he did not come downstairs to find out there were in fact two and not just the one from earlier..." He scowled. "However, it is of course...prudent to let the Lady get to the bottom of this, as he is part of her unit." He took a slight step, as if he were getting restless. "And now we find he seems surprised that we 'found out about' her...and has just used a Name that was not the cover name of the woman that she was pretending to be."

"I...ohh...well ehm...I don't...I...have nothing to do with this...this is outrageous...I am a respected Adept of the Order of Hermes I should not have to suffer this indignity!"
Flavian declared angrily.
"I had nothing to do with this!"
He repeated clearly scared now.

(OOC: Sorry I missed Strife's post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:59 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"It can take any form really but I can shape it into a gem."
Crexia replied.
He nodded, "Then it should indeed look memorable..."

Anja wrote:"Ordeal is not usually given as a punishment by Horizon itself but it is commonly given by individual Tribunals...but yes it are seldom productive, even so for some they scratch their vindictive itch, and if the alternative is death or worse...it might be a better choice. When that is said it will be interesting to see what your apprentice might be able to pull off in the future and the Traditions have become stagnant, it is time to shake things up a bit."
The ancient Hermetic replied with a nod.
"And yes I am sure the kid carried herself well, she will be quite a mage when she grows up."
He allowed himself a brief, smug smile, "Yes, and a fine teacher, too, once Mus is retaken."

Anja wrote:"That is...is a brilliant idea...so...simple and yet so.."
Flavian begun clearly impressed by Crexia's creativity then he paled as he realized he had mispoken.
"I ehm...I...I...have no comment."
He muttered and looked away.
He arched an eyebrow, "Bonisagus' work was also simple and brilliant in its execution; I'm sure the good Lady Crexia will not be offended by hearing her work described in comparable terms."

Anja wrote:"Very well...lead the way."
Flavian said he was scared but he realized he could nto flee, he gave you an angry look though.
"I have nothing to say to an Orphan though you have no right to question me, you are nto even a member of a Tradition."
He declared stubbornly.
He arched an eyebrow, "Half correct, at least. Presently, I am acting - albeit without explicit orders - on behalf of the Chantry's Chief of Security. Or I could call and confirm standing orders with one of the other Deacons, such as the old Diedne upstairs, I'm sure he'd appreciate that opportunity. You, however, are presently suspected of breaching both the fifth and sixth Protocols... I am sure the good Master Tolle would not question my participation if the case were to somehow reach his desk for prosecution."

Anja wrote:"I...ohh...well ehm...I don't...I...have nothing to do with this...this is outrageous...I am a respected Adept of the Order of Hermes I should not have to suffer this indignity!"
Flavian declared angrily.
"I had nothing to do with this!"
He repeated clearly scared now.
He shrugged, "You were a respected Adept of the Order of Hermes. Now, you're an Adept of the Order of Hermes. It would behoove you to help sort this out, so you'll retain the remainder of your standing..."

Anja wrote:"Well you where certainly busy Mr Wainwright."
Helena replied and she sounded impressed.
"You did several good deeds saving that kid and perhaps her father as well and in the process humiliating him just about as far as anyone can go...well played...well played indeed."
He nodded, "Well, the humiliation was merely a side effect, not that I minded much. Honestly, getting him that lawyer was for his daughter, not for him - it would have broken the poor dear's heart to lose both parents without a fight... and the man was a bit of a gullible, naïve idiot."

He casually took a few steps back, positioning himself between the others and the only way out, showing the group to the room Crexia was still working in, then paused, looking to Adley, "Just for clarification, is Adeptus Flavian still considered a welcomed guest in the Chantry, or has that status been... changed?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next