Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 28 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Adley Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:55 am

[Basement]

"Lady Crexia performed a very simple divination, checking her arcane connections and the crisscrossing webwork of links that spawned from those. Oddly enough, the second infiltrator was the only one not connected to anyone else in the room. Now, the question is, how did you know there was a second infiltrator, and by name, no less?"
"That is...is a brilliant idea...so...simple and yet so.."
Flavian begun clearly impressed by Crexia's creativity then he paled as he realized he had mispoken.
"I ehm...I...I...have no comment."
He muttered and looked away.

He agreed with one thing only that had exited Flavian's mouth lately, and that was that Crexia's working had been most subtle and intelligent.

"I...ohh...well ehm...I don't...I...have nothing to do with this...this is outrageous...I am a respected Adept of the Order of Hermes I should not have to suffer this indignity!"
Flavian declared angrily.
"I had nothing to do with this!"
He shrugged, "You were a respected Adept of the Order of Hermes. Now, you're an Adept of the Order of Hermes. It would behoove you to help sort this out, so you'll retain the remainder of your standing..."

"Relaying the truth to my cabal leader and the person currently in charge of my chantry's security is not an indignity."

"Hum, well, then, come along, Flavian. You might emerge from this mostly intact and unscathed yet. Oh, but before we trudge along, Miss Mar, would you kindly collect a hair or two from the Adeptus' head, just as a precaution?"
"Very well...lead the way."
Flavian said he was scared but he realized he could nto flee, he gave you an angry look though.
"I have nothing to say to an Orphan though you have no right to question me, you are nto even a member of a Tradition."
He declared stubbornly.
He arched an eyebrow, "Half correct, at least. Presently, I am acting - albeit without explicit orders - on behalf of the Chantry's Chief of Security. Or I could call and confirm standing orders with one of the other Deacons, such as the old Diedne upstairs, I'm sure he'd appreciate that opportunity. You, however, are presently suspected of breaching both the fifth and sixth Protocols... I am sure the good Master Tolle would not question my participation if the case were to somehow reach his desk for prosecution."

"Additionally he is a member of our chantry and aligned with us. He is conveying you to the Lady."

"Just for clarification, is Adeptus Flavian still considered a welcomed guest in the Chantry, or has that status been... changed?"

"He is being conveyed to the Lady for questioning and investigation regarding the situation of the infiltrators under her express direction. As per the Master Alchemist, any member of our guests from their Chantry not found to be an infiltrator, even should they be guilty of something, will not be harmed but instead will be turned over to the proper authorities. Anything further is at the discretion of the Chief of Security; until he arrives back, the person he has appointed to speak for him would naturally be able to make appropriate calls in the meanwhile."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 28 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:13 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"I think he is cool as well Sir but he can be a bit hard to control...but sure you can use him."
Kyle said as he headed to the kitchen.
"Sure you don't want a refreshment?"
Anja wrote:"I can make something like Mocha but without a proper pressure pot I can not make it as it should be, as it use espresso."
Kyle said.
"Well magick could do that."
"Yeah but I am only allowed to use sensory spells without asking first and I do not want to bother anyone right now to ask if I can magick up some coffee."
"Yeah...that is true...I am not supposed to use anything but sensory magick either without leave...I guess hot cocoa it is then."
Stephen replied and Kyle nodded.

"I can sure as hell try. I really like his design. And his fucking sick walk cycle." Serge said with a smile, "And yeah don't worry about me, I don't need anything."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:18 am

[Basement]

He nodded, "Then it should indeed look memorable..."

Crexia smiled at that.

He allowed himself a brief, smug smile, "Yes, and a fine teacher, too, once Mus is retaken."

"So Mus will be reclaimed? Hum...yes that would make sense and your apprentice will become a teacher? Good...good."
The ancient Hermetic replied.

He arched an eyebrow, "Bonisagus' work was also simple and brilliant in its execution; I'm sure the good Lady Crexia will not be offended by hearing her work described in comparable terms."

Helena smiled a little at that but Flavian just gave you an angry look.

He arched an eyebrow, "Half correct, at least. Presently, I am acting - albeit without explicit orders - on behalf of the Chantry's Chief of Security. Or I could call and confirm standing orders with one of the other Deacons, such as the old Diedne upstairs, I'm sure he'd appreciate that opportunity. You, however, are presently suspected of breaching both the fifth and sixth Protocols... I am sure the good Master Tolle would not question my participation if the case were to somehow reach his desk for prosecution."

Adeptus Flavian looked like he wanted to tell you where you could stuff it but instead he said as gracefully as he could.
"Ok...then I...will agree to talk with you, but I have not broken any laws, such claims are preposterous!"

e shrugged, "You were a respected Adept of the Order of Hermes. Now, you're an Adept of the Order of Hermes. It would behoove you to help sort this out, so you'll retain the remainder of your standing..."

The Tytalus fumed as he glared and you he looked like he wanted to strangle Colin, he did not do anything but he really looked like he wanted to murder the Orphan.

He nodded, "Well, the humiliation was merely a side effect, not that I minded much. Honestly, getting him that lawyer was for his daughter, not for him - it would have broken the poor dear's heart to lose both parents without a fight... and the man was a bit of a gullible, naïve idiot."

Helena nodded at that.
"You are a good man Mr Wainwright and off course it would be horrible for the little girl to loose both of her parents, and sometimes a person's value is measured by what value they have to those around them."

He casually took a few steps back, positioning himself between the others and the only way out, showing the group to the room Crexia was still working in, then paused, looking to Adley, "Just for clarification, is Adeptus Flavian still considered a welcomed guest in the Chantry, or has that status been... changed?"

"I might be able to answer that Mr Wainwrith, Adeptus Flavian is a guest, but he is also suspected of working with our enemies so he will be questioned. Until we know he is guilty though that questioning will be as polite as the Adeptus will let us."
Helena said firmly and the Tytalus did not dare protest against her right now.

"Relaying the truth to my cabal leader and the person currently in charge of my chantry's security is not an indignity."

"I can talk to Adepta Mar, but this man here, your Cabal leader is just an Orphan!"
Flavian protested.

"Additionally he is a member of our chantry and aligned with us. He is conveying you to the Lady."

The Tytalus just glared at you.

"He is being conveyed to the Lady for questioning and investigation regarding the situation of the infiltrators under her express direction. As per the Master Alchemist, any member of our guests from their Chantry not found to be an infiltrator, even should they be guilty of something, will not be harmed but instead will be turned over to the proper authorities. Anything further is at the discretion of the Chief of Security; until he arrives back, the person he has appointed to speak for him would naturally be able to make appropriate calls in the meanwhile."

"Indeed so, and now we have wasted enough time we should get to Lady Crexia."
Helena replied and the room chilled with her impatience. Flavian glanced at her, eyed the door then he sigh.
"Ok...ok let us go talk with the honored lady then...but I have not done anything."

[Kyle's Room]

"I can sure as hell try. I really like his design. And his fucking sick walk cycle." Serge said with a smile, "And yeah don't worry about me, I don't need anything."

"Ok...I will just put some on for me and Stephen then Sir."
Kyle said as he found a pan in one of the cabinets. Stephen rose and went to the shelf containing Kyle's game collection and found the newest Soul Calibur and he put Ridge Racer back in it's case and put the fighting game in.
"Ok then Mr Yager should we have a game while Kyle makes cocoa?"
He asked as he offered you the controller.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:31 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"So Mus will be reclaimed? Hum...yes that would make sense and your apprentice will become a teacher? Good...good."
The ancient Hermetic replied.
Colin grinned, "I believe she'll be an enthusiastic participant in the reclamation. And a fine Defense against the Dark Arts teacher."

Anja wrote:Adeptus Flavian looked like he wanted to tell you where you could stuff it but instead he said as gracefully as he could.
"Ok...then I...will agree to talk with you, but I have not broken any laws, such claims are preposterous!"
He shrugged, "We shall see... The evidence is quite compelling, but still mostly circumstantial... but not raising alarm when you knew of Fallen in our midst, I'm sure there are a number of Enforcers who will quite cheerfully prosecute that as actively aiding and abetting the Enemies of Creation."

S7trif3 wrote:"Relaying the truth to my cabal leader and the person currently in charge of my chantry's security is not an indignity."
Anja wrote:"I can talk to Adepta Mar, but this man here, your Cabal leader is just an Orphan!"
Flavian protested.
He smiled thinly, "Did you know, it was our Security Chief who, in concert with his then-youngest apprentice, who determined I would be the best suited to lead the Cabal where said apprenticeis a member? I'm sure you would not want to question the judgment of Master Jeffrey Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau too loudly right now... Over the next few years, Orphans and Craft Magi will gain more influence and recognition in our society, on merit, than they've had previously. I should prefer to see that happen on amicable terms..."

Anja wrote:Helena nodded at that.
"You are a good man Mr Wainwright and off course it would be horrible for the little girl to loose both of her parents, and sometimes a person's value is measured by what value they have to those around them."
He nodded, "And little Liv is going to have a rough enough time of it, if she doesn't lose her father as well..."

Anja wrote:"I might be able to answer that Mr Wainwrith, Adeptus Flavian is a guest, but he is also suspected of working with our enemies so he will be questioned. Until we know he is guilty though that questioning will be as polite as the Adeptus will let us."
Helena said firmly and the Tytalus did not dare protest against her right now.
S7trif3 wrote:"He is being conveyed to the Lady for questioning and investigation regarding the situation of the infiltrators under her express direction. As per the Master Alchemist, any member of our guests from their Chantry not found to be an infiltrator, even should they be guilty of something, will not be harmed but instead will be turned over to the proper authorities. Anything further is at the discretion of the Chief of Security; until he arrives back, the person he has appointed to speak for him would naturally be able to make appropriate calls in the meanwhile."
Anja wrote:"Indeed so, and now we have wasted enough time we should get to Lady Crexia."
Helena replied and the room chilled with her impatience. Flavian glanced at her, eyed the door then he sigh.
"Ok...ok let us go talk with the honored lady then...but I have not done anything."
He nodded, "So no restraints, just a watchful eye, then."
He opened the door to Crexia's ritual room, showing the others in, then paused, "Hum, speaking of watchful... If you'll give me a moment."
He reached out to sense Anna (and the collar) to pinpoint where in the Chantry she was at the moment. Hopefully, she'd resumed the chat with the Cultist in the common room, or some similar networking activity.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:23 am

[Basement]

Colin grinned, "I believe she'll be an enthusiastic participant in the reclamation. And a fine Defense against the Dark Arts teacher."

"Yes...I imagine that she will be, on both accounts."
Crexia said sounding a bit amused.
"The child have a talent when it comes to counter magick."

He shrugged, "We shall see... The evidence is quite compelling, but still mostly circumstantial... but not raising alarm when you knew of Fallen in our midst, I'm sure there are a number of Enforcers who will quite cheerfully prosecute that as actively aiding and abetting the Enemies of Creation."

"But you don't understand I could not because...ehm I mean I did not know that the Infernalist Mina Jacobs had taken over the identity of my Chantrymate."
Flavian declared.

He smiled thinly, "Did you know, it was our Security Chief who, in concert with his then-youngest apprentice, who determined I would be the best suited to lead the Cabal where said apprenticeis a member? I'm sure you would not want to question the judgment of Master Jeffrey Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau too loudly right now... Over the next few years, Orphans and Craft Magi will gain more influence and recognition in our society, on merit, than they've had previously. I should prefer to see that happen on amicable terms..."

The Hermetic just glared at you, he did not dare protest but he sure could glare it was cery clear that only the Protocols kept him from trying to murder you on the spot.

He nodded, "And little Liv is going to have a rough enough time of it, if she doesn't lose her father as well..."

"No he do not and even if Ulv Bergen is a grade A asshole it is no doubt he loves his kid and for her sake, I hope he pull through and get a punishment he can survive."
Helena agreed.

He nodded, "So no restraints, just a watchful eye, then."

The ice maga nodded at that.
"Yes for now the Adeptus is a guest we need some questions answered from."

He opened the door to Crexia's ritual room, showing the others in, then paused, "Hum, speaking of watchful... If you'll give me a moment."
He reached out to sense Anna (and the collar) to pinpoint where in the Chantry she was at the moment. Hopefully, she'd resumed the chat with the Cultist in the common room, or some similar networking activity.

Anna was in the common room, you could not tell exactly what she was doing but she was healthy and happy. Flavian just looked at you and frowned but he waited as instructed. Crexia looked at you and Flavian.
"There you are Sodalis I do not like to be kept waiting."
The old Tytalus said sternly. Flavian bowed deeply to her.
"Ehm yes...please forgive me Magistrix Mundi there where some...ehm...complications along the way."
He said and this earned him another stern look. Flavian looked into the ritual room and shuddered.
"What on earth happened here..."
He muttered under his breath.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:46 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes...I imagine that she will be, on both accounts."
Crexia said sounding a bit amused.
"The child have a talent when it comes to counter magick."
Colin nodded, "She'll come to greatly compliment her prior incarnation."

Anja wrote:"But you don't understand I could not because...ehm I mean I did not know that the Infernalist Mina Jacobs had taken over the identity of my Chantrymate."
Flavian declared.
He arched an eyebrow, "And who the hell told you her name? Seriously, man, stop digging."

Anja wrote:Anna was in the common room, you could not tell exactly what she was doing but she was healthy and happy. Flavian just looked at you and frowned but he waited as instructed. Crexia looked at you and Flavian.
"There you are Sodalis I do not like to be kept waiting."
The old Tytalus said sternly. Flavian bowed deeply to her.
"Ehm yes...please forgive me Magistrix Mundi there where some...ehm...complications along the way."
He said and this earned him another stern look. Flavian looked into the ritual room and shuddered.
He muttered under his breath.
He smiled to himself and nodded the others inside, entering last and closing the door behind them, "My apologies, Ma'am, I did hold things up momentarily while checking on my apprentice. She's quite well."
He frowned at the still-unpleasant feel of the room, "We had to deal with the spy's investments; seems her patron had a quite direct view of everything through her eye sockets. Scrubbing that connection out was... unpleasant. Ah, said patron was the one who gave our wards a little love tap, by the way, it did not appreciate me trying to mute the connection... I suspect that's one Outsider Thing who just doesn't like me. Well, one more, I suppose..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:06 pm

[Basement]

Colin nodded, "She'll come to greatly compliment her prior incarnation."

"Yes...I imagine she will, I am sure she will make you proud Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied with a rare smile.

He arched an eyebrow, "And who the hell told you her name? Seriously, man, stop digging."

"I ehm...ehm...I..."
Flavian said then he clearly decided it was in his interest to be quiet so he shut up but he still glared at you.

He smiled to himself and nodded the others inside, entering last and closing the door behind them, "My apologies, Ma'am, I did hold things up momentarily while checking on my apprentice. She's quite well."

"I am quite sure you are not the one who have held up things the most Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a pointed look at her fellow Tytali.
"I am glad to hear your apprentice is well though."

He frowned at the still-unpleasant feel of the room, "We had to deal with the spy's investments; seems her patron had a quite direct view of everything through her eye sockets. Scrubbing that connection out was... unpleasant. Ah, said patron was the one who gave our wards a little love tap, by the way, it did not appreciate me trying to mute the connection... I suspect that's one Outsider Thing who just doesn't like me. Well, one more, I suppose..."

"You can do that? Scrub out a Investment Mark? What then happens to the contract?"
Flavian said suddenly interested then he caught himself.
"Ehm...ah...so the woman was serving an Outsider Thing then? That is unfortunate, whate is she now? Is she dead?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:30 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Yes...I imagine she will, I am sure she will make you proud Mr Wainwright."
Crexia replied with a rare smile.
Colin grinned, "Again and again and again..."

Anja wrote:"I am quite sure you are not the one who have held up things the most Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a pointed look at her fellow Tytali.
"I am glad to hear your apprentice is well though."
He nodded simply, "As you say, Ma'am."

Anja wrote:"You can do that? Scrub out a Investment Mark? What then happens to the contract?"
Flavian said suddenly interested then he caught himself.
"Ehm...ah...so the woman was serving an Outsider Thing then? That is unfortunate, whate is she now? Is she dead?"
He frowned, then gestured around the room, "I'm sure you can guess at what it would entail... and no, she's still alive and confined to the infirmary. We may yet get some statements out of her. Though you've already referred to her by name, unprompted, so I'm sure you'll be quite able to provide much of what she'd be willing to tell us anyway."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:51 pm

[Basement]

Colin grinned, "Again and again and again..."

"Having apprentices are indeed a joy.

He nodded simply, "As you say, Ma'am."

Crexia nodded.
"Well then let us get started.

He frowned, then gestured around the room, "I'm sure you can guess at what it would entail...

"I see...but it actually ended Miss Jacob's contract and not just removed the mark?"
The Tytalus asked.

and no, she's still alive and confined to the infirmary. We may yet get some statements out of her. Though you've already referred to her by name, unprompted, so I'm sure you'll be quite able to provide much of what she'd be willing to tell us anyway."

"I...I...do not think I should say anything further."
Flavian said and he glared at you and looked rather stubborn.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:11 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I see...but it actually ended Miss Jacob's contract and not just removed the mark?"
The Tytalus asked.
Colin frowned, "Well, the patron certainly wasn't looking out of her eye sockets anymore... But she has more marks."

Anja wrote:"I...I...do not think I should say anything further."
Flavian said and he glared at you and looked rather stubborn.
He arched an eyebrow, "While you certainly have that option with us, I'm sure the Honoured Quaesitors will be quite enthusiastic about extracting testimony... but I'm quite certain we can get an early start at trying to drag your ass out of the fire before it gets to that, if you just let us know what sort of hold the Fallen have over you. Abducted Mentor? Apprentice? Blood relations? Photos of you interacting with Miss Jacob before you even knew she was a Nephanda, blackmailing you to do their bidding or you'd be exposed to the Enforcers for fraternizing with the Enemies of Creation? We've seen all these over just the past two months and change; it's hardly a novel trick by the Fallen. So the question now is, how buggered will you allow yourself to be?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:20 pm

[Basement]

Colin frowned, "Well, the patron certainly wasn't looking out of her eye sockets anymore... But she has more marks."

"Ah...so it just gets rid of one mark, and one part of the deal not the contract itself?"
Flavian asked.
"So how is this accomplished anyway, what if a contract was generational or made by another on the person you...ehm treated's behalf, could your method do something about that?"
He asked looking interested.

He arched an eyebrow, "While you certainly have that option with us, I'm sure the Honoured Quaesitors will be quite enthusiastic about extracting testimony... but I'm quite certain we can get an early start at trying to drag your ass out of the fire before it gets to that, if you just let us know what sort of hold the Fallen have over you. Abducted Mentor? Apprentice? Blood relations? Photos of you interacting with Miss Jacob before you even knew she was a Nephanda, blackmailing you to do their bidding or you'd be exposed to the Enforcers for fraternizing with the Enemies of Creation? We've seen all these over just the past two months and change; it's hardly a novel trick by the Fallen. So the question now is, how buggered will you allow yourself to be?"

"No...no there really is nothing I can say."
Flavian replied and he turned away.
"I ehm...really should return to my Chantrymates...if you feel the need to contact House Guernicus over this do feel free Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:50 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Ah...so it just gets rid of one mark, and one part of the deal not the contract itself?"
Flavian asked.
"So how is this accomplished anyway, what if a contract was generational or made by another on the person you...ehm treated's behalf, could your method do something about that?"
He asked looking interested.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "It... could well be compared to sandblasting the paperwork of a contract. So far, it appears the contract for the mark in question is... abruptly ended. Time will tell whether or not the erasure sticks. We'd need further testing done, but it would be unethical to do so without very good cause and/or informed consent..."

Anja wrote:"No...no there really is nothing I can say."
Flavian replied and he turned away.
"I ehm...really should return to my Chantrymates...if you feel the need to contact House Guernicus over this do feel free Mr Wainwright."
Colin leaned against the still-closed door, blocking the exit as he pulled up his phone and scrolled down to George's number, "I'll give you a generous five seconds to reconsider that suggestion..."

((OOC: Might want to wait for S7trif3 to catch up now... Razz So easy to get carried away a little during the day. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:25 pm

[Basement]

"Indeed so, and now we have wasted enough time we should get to Lady Crexia."

He scowled at him. Then he said to Colin, "There are more things to do, now but let's get my sodalis here to the Lady."

He gave Crexia a respectful nod when he entered, but paused at the feeling he got in the ritual chamber. It was not pleasant, it would need to be cleaned again several times at least before that would fade. Then he eyed Flavian. "Yes, /you/ did complicate things along the way. You first stalled upstairs, disobeying an order from your group leader. You gave my sora the excuse of using the restroom but she found you trying to sneak away and stopped you. When I you asked him why, you said that you were worried that you would be blamed when two of those you were responsible for turned out out be infiltrators. As you had not yet come downstairs to find out about the second infiltrator, there is no way you should have known that to be worried about. You seemed surprised we found out about her - and, while downstairs with us you /named/ that second infiltrator, twice."

"We had to deal with the spy's investments; seems her patron had a quite direct view of everything through her eye sockets. Scrubbing that connection out was... unpleasant. Ah, said patron was the one who gave our wards a little love tap, by the way, it did not appreciate me trying to mute the connection... I suspect that's one Outsider Thing who just doesn't like me. Well, one more, I suppose..."

"As I suspected...it is gone?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:45 pm

[Basement]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "It... could well be compared to sandblasting the paperwork of a contract. So far, it appears the contract for the mark in question is... abruptly ended. Time will tell whether or not the erasure sticks. We'd need further testing done, but it would be unethical to do so without very good cause and/or informed consent..."

"And...what if you had informed consent from a willing participant?"
Flavian asked and he looked at you intently.

Colin leaned against the still-closed door, blocking the exit as he pulled up his phone and scrolled down to George's number, "I'll give you a generous five seconds to reconsider that suggestion..."

"Ehm...who exactly are you calling?"
The Tytalus asked sounding a bit nervous.

He gave Crexia a respectful nod when he entered, but paused at the feeling he got in the ritual chamber. It was not pleasant, it would need to be cleaned again several times at least before that would fade. Then he eyed Flavian. "Yes, /you/ did complicate things along the way. You first stalled upstairs, disobeying an order from your group leader. You gave my sora the excuse of using the restroom but she found you trying to sneak away and stopped you. When I you asked him why, you said that you were worried that you would be blamed when two of those you were responsible for turned out out be infiltrators. As you had not yet come downstairs to find out about the second infiltrator, there is no way you should have known that to be worried about. You seemed surprised we found out about her - and, while downstairs with us you /named/ that second infiltrator, twice."

"I ehm...I...it is all a coincidence I can explain everything!"
Flavian declared but he did nto produce any explanations so Crexia eyed him rather darkly.

"As I suspected...it is gone?" he asked.

"Yes for now at least it is gone Sodalis."
Crexia confirmed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:06 pm

[Basement]

"And...what if you had informed consent from a willing participant?"

"You seem very keen to learn about how to break contracts with spirits...sodalis..."

"I ehm...I...it is all a coincidence I can explain everything!"
Flavian declared but he did nto produce any explanations so Crexia eyed him rather darkly.

"We had not mentioned the infiltrators name, or in fact that there was another one, and yet you knew it in full and that they were in your team. How about starting with how you knew there were infiltrators in your team, and did nothing...except try to run away..."

"Yes for now at least it is gone Sodalis."
Crexia confirmed.

He nodded to her and then gave a side glance to his sora. "Good. It was an Outsider..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:56 pm

[Basement]

"You seem very keen to learn about how to break contracts with spirits...sodalis..."

"Well it...seams like it might be...ehm...a useful thing to know."
Flavian replied hesitantly.

"We had not mentioned the infiltrators name, or in fact that there was another one, and yet you knew it in full and that they were in your team. How about starting with how you knew there were infiltrators in your team, and did nothing...except try to run away..."

The Tytalus looks at you for a long time then he mutters.
"I...don't think it would be wise for me to answer that question without an advocate present."
Crexia raised an eyebrow.
"Well that is your right Adeptus off course but cooperating might make your problems...less severe and show a willingness to do the right thing."
She said and Flavian looked away.

He nodded to her and then gave a side glance to his sora. "Good. It was an Outsider..."

"Yeah I suspected as much, at least the wards held."
Helena replied with a nod.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:19 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:
"Ok...I will just put some on for me and Stephen then Sir."
Kyle said as he found a pan in one of the cabinets. Stephen rose and went to the shelf containing Kyle's game collection and found the newest Soul Calibur and he put Ridge Racer back in it's case and put the fighting game in.
"Ok then Mr Yager should we have a game while Kyle makes cocoa?"
He asked as he offered you the controller.

"Sounds like a plan. Any idea which character your gonna pick?" Serge asked, taking the controller.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:03 pm

[Basement]

"Well it...seams like it might be...ehm...a useful thing to know."

"It seems an odd time to indulge in curiosity...without some kind of...vested interest."

The Tytalus looks at you for a long time then he mutters.
"I...don't think it would be wise for me to answer that question without an advocate present."
"Well that is your right Adeptus off course but cooperating might make your problems...less severe and show a willingness to do the right thing."

"Failure to assist in an ongoing investigation regarding Nephandi infiltrators at this point may be seen as an obstruction, would it not?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:42 pm

[Basement]
S7trif3 wrote:He scowled at him. Then he said to Colin, "There are more things to do, now but let's get my sodalis here to the Lady."
Colin nodded.

Anja wrote:"And...what if you had informed consent from a willing participant?"
S7trif3 wrote:"You seem very keen to learn about how to break contracts with spirits...sodalis..."
Anja wrote:"Well it...seams like it might be...ehm...a useful thing to know."
S7trif3 wrote:"It seems an odd time to indulge in curiosity...without some kind of...vested interest."
Colin gave Flavian a long look, then sighed, "If that willing and informed participant came through with it, we just might be able to rid them of their Investments. But it would be painful, and if that person were Fallen, they would likely be severely traumatized by the most impactful and formative memory of their soul - the stay in the Caul. For a non-Fallen recipient, there might be some odd euphoria and nostalgia mixed with the pain instead. Also, you know, if you Hermetics once in a while would ask for help before something became a serious problem, your Tradition might have a less unfortunate reputation."
He looked to the other Magi, "No offense intended, of course."

S7trif3 wrote:He gave Crexia a respectful nod when he entered, but paused at the feeling he got in the ritual chamber. It was not pleasant, it would need to be cleaned again several times at least before that would fade. Then he eyed Flavian. "Yes, /you/ did complicate things along the way. You first stalled upstairs, disobeying an order from your group leader. You gave my sora the excuse of using the restroom but she found you trying to sneak away and stopped you. When I you asked him why, you said that you were worried that you would be blamed when two of those you were responsible for turned out out be infiltrators. As you had not yet come downstairs to find out about the second infiltrator, there is no way you should have known that to be worried about. You seemed surprised we found out about her - and, while downstairs with us you /named/ that second infiltrator, twice."
Anja wrote:"I ehm...I...it is all a coincidence I can explain everything!"
S7trif3 wrote:"We had not mentioned the infiltrators name, or in fact that there was another one, and yet you knew it in full and that they were in your team. How about starting with how you knew there were infiltrators in your team, and did nothing...except try to run away..."
Anja wrote:The Tytalus looks at you for a long time then he mutters.
She said and Flavian looked away.
S7trif3 wrote:"Failure to assist in an ongoing investigation regarding Nephandi infiltrators at this point may be seen as an obstruction, would it not?"
He nodded, "Could be mere obstruction, could be actively aiding and abetting the Enemies of Ascension... the distinction may not be relevant at this stage."

S7trif3 wrote:"As I suspected...it is gone?" he asked.
Anja wrote:"Yes for now at least it is gone Sodalis."
Crexia confirmed.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded to her and then gave a side glance to his sora. "Good. It was an Outsider..."
Anja wrote:"Yeah I suspected as much, at least the wards held."
Helena replied with a nod.
He nodded, "It was a nasty one, cold and alien... but I don't think it had the resources to push all the way through the wards. The link to the Nephanda was, perhaps, specifically limited to spectation, not to bring it into Creation."

Anja wrote:"Ehm...who exactly are you calling?"
The Tytalus asked sounding a bit nervous.
He held up the phone, thumb on the Call icon, "Master George Steelhaven Hermes bani Guernicus, Deacon Primus of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. Bear in mind, he may not be happy to be dragged from his apartment at this hour to address you."

((OOC: Starfinder game went well. Starship combat, but we'd got our ship upgraded last time we docked, so we had oodles and oodles of shields, and a lot better ECM to deal with missiles and such nuisances. And the enemy pilots were, apparently, a bit distracted by the obscenely loud polka my character broadcast over the communications channels. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:53 pm

[Kyle's Room]

"Sounds like a plan. Any idea which character your gonna pick?" Serge asked, taking the controller.

"Sophitia perhaps she is quick which is a benefit against Voldo but she is also good on defense, Seung Mina might be good for range."
Stephen said as the game started and the intro music started playing.
"What map did you want?"

[Basement]

"It seems an odd time to indulge in curiosity...without some kind of...vested interest."

"I have...a vested interest, but...it is not something I care to discuss Sodalis."
Flavian replied with a frown, Crexia gave him a bit of a look.

"Failure to assist in an ongoing investigation regarding Nephandi infiltrators at this point may be seen as an obstruction, would it not?"

"Indeed so, it might be considered aiding our enemies."
The ancient lich replied firmly. Flavian looked even more uncertain at that and he looked away again.

Colin gave Flavian a long look, then sighed, "If that willing and informed participant came through with it, we just might be able to rid them of their Investments. But it would be painful, and if that person were Fallen, they would likely be severely traumatized by the most impactful and formative memory of their soul - the stay in the Caul. For a non-Fallen recipient, there might be some odd euphoria and nostalgia mixed with the pain instead. Also, you know, if you Hermetics once in a while would ask for help before something became a serious problem, your Tradition might have a less unfortunate reputation."
He looked to the other Magi, "No offense intended, of course."

"The person in question is...not Fallen."
Flavian begun.
"And pain would not matter if the contract could be broken cleanly...but if it where what would happen to boons gained through such a pact?"
He asked he gave you a angry look at your comment about the Order of Hermes though but Crexia just chuckle.
"None taken Mr Wainwright and you are probably right..."
He replied.

He nodded, "Could be mere obstruction, could be actively aiding and abetting the Enemies of Ascension... the distinction may not be relevant at this stage."

"Listen Orphan I am not...aiding the Nephandi, I am loyal to the Order of Hermes I just...can't talk about this!"
Flavian declared.
"And I know it look bad but I just can't..."

He nodded, "It was a nasty one, cold and alien... but I don't think it had the resources to push all the way through the wards. The link to the Nephanda was, perhaps, specifically limited to spectation, not to bring it into Creation."

"Yes that is likely true, it was limited by the exact terms of it's deal with this Nephanda, and it might not have been able to use it's link to it's servant to enter our reality, completely or partially, thank the Gods."
Helena declared.

He held up the phone, thumb on the Call icon, "Master George Steelhaven Hermes bani Guernicus, Deacon Primus of Chantry Steelhaven Hall. Bear in mind, he may not be happy to be dragged from his apartment at this hour to address you."

"No...no...there is no need to bother the Deacon Primus...and he is not even a Guernicus anymore is he?"
Flavian said nervously looking a bit desperate.
"Listen just let me go back to my Chantrymates...they will be wondering where I am."

(OOC: Polka over the speaker system that is just mean. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:21 am

[Basement]

Also, you know, if you Hermetics once in a while would ask for help before something became a serious problem, your Tradition might have a less unfortunate reputation."
He looked to the other Magi, "No offense intended, of course.

He gave Colin a look out of the side of his eye. "That is not a quality that is found only amongst Hermetics."

"I have...a vested interest, but...it is not something I care to discuss Sodalis."

"If you're not going to talk to us, then this is all wasting time we don't have. If that's the case, tell us now so we can get on with what must then happen next."

"The person in question is...not Fallen."
Flavian begun.
"And pain would not matter if the contract could be broken cleanly...but if it where what would happen to boons gained through such a pact?"

"You cannot have cake and eat it too."*

"Listen Orphan I am not...aiding the Nephandi, I am loyal to the Order of Hermes I just...can't talk about this!"
Flavian declared.

"Can't, or won't?"

"I think assuming anything about it at this point is unwise. All I know is I don't want it here."

"I think assuming anything about it at this point is unwise. All I know is I don't want it here."

"No...no...there is no need to bother the Deacon Primus...and he is not even a Guernicus anymore is he?"
"Listen just let me go back to my Chantrymates...they will be wondering where I am."

"As you have not been cooperating with the investigation, I do not think you are not going to be going upstairs anytime soon."

// ooc: *if Adley played video games, he would surely make a comment about how the cake was a lie. Alas.
ooc2: lol...polka

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:36 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I have...a vested interest, but...it is not something I care to discuss Sodalis."
S7trif3 wrote:"If you're not going to talk to us, then this is all wasting time we don't have. If that's the case, tell us now so we can get on with what must then happen next."
Colin nodded, "Refusing to talk gets us nowhere fast..."

S7trif3 wrote:He gave Colin a look out of the side of his eye. "That is not a quality that is found only amongst Hermetics."
He shrugged, "This is true, but I'm afraid the Order is the Tradition with the reputation for it... deserved or not."

Anja wrote:"The person in question is...not Fallen."
Flavian begun.
He asked he gave you a angry look at your comment about the Order of Hermes though but Crexia just chuckle.
"None taken Mr Wainwright and you are probably right..."
He replied.
S7trif3 wrote:"You cannot have cake and eat it too."*
He shook his head, "If the contract is severed, I would expect all boons to be erased with it. If you've sold your soul to save someone else's life, well... you had best hope your contract doesn't contain loopholes about such things as the quality of life for that person. Being forced to stay alive in any condition would be a far worse fate..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, it might be considered aiding our enemies."
The ancient lich replied firmly. Flavian looked even more uncertain at that and he looked away again.
Anja wrote:"Listen Orphan I am not...aiding the Nephandi, I am loyal to the Order of Hermes I just...can't talk about this!"
Flavian declared.
S7trif3 wrote:"Can't, or won't?"
He sighed, "So, to sum up, you're a bit of a desperate idiot who sold your soul to protect someone else, and now the being with its hooks in your soul has decided you had to pay up. And you want out of the contract, but if you do, the person whose life you bargained for is essentially forfeit. Does that sound about right?"

Anja wrote:"No...no...there is no need to bother the Deacon Primus...and he is not even a Guernicus anymore is he?"
S7trif3 wrote:"As you have not been cooperating with the investigation, I do not think you are not going to be going upstairs anytime soon."
He arched an eyebrow, thumb hovering over the little green icon, "Why would he renounce his House, even if he resigned from active duty as a Quaesitor? Two seconds..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:29 am

[Basement]

He gave Colin a look out of the side of his eye. "That is not a quality that is found only amongst Hermetics."

Crexia nodded at that.

"If you're not going to talk to us, then this is all wasting time we don't have. If that's the case, tell us now so we can get on with what must then happen next."

"I have already said that I have nothing to say...ehm what happens next...what do you mean Sodalis?"
Flavian asked with a frown.

"You cannot have cake and eat it too."*

"Yeah that...is what I was afraid of."
The Tytalus replied and he shook his head.

"Can't, or won't?"

"Can't...I really can't Sodalis."
He replied firmly.

I think assuming anything about it at this point is unwise. All I know is I don't want it here."

"No we definitively do not want it here."
Helena agreed.

"As you have not been cooperating with the investigation, I do not think you are not going to be going upstairs anytime soon."

"You can not just keep me here!"
Flavian declared in an outraged tone of voice.
"You have no right I am an Adept of the Traditions I demand that you let me go back to my Chantrymates upstairs!
The angry Hermetic shouted and Crexia gave him a stern look.

Colin nodded, "Refusing to talk gets us nowhere fast..."

Flavian glared at Colin.

He shook his head, "If the contract is severed, I would expect all boons to be erased with it. If you've sold your soul to save someone else's life, well... you had best hope your contract doesn't contain loopholes about such things as the quality of life for that person. Being forced to stay alive in any condition would be a far worse fate..."

The Adeptus sigh at this and nodded.
"Yeah I...expected as much."
He muttered and he chewed at his lip.

He sighed, "So, to sum up, you're a bit of a desperate idiot who sold your soul to protect someone else, and now the being with its hooks in your soul has decided you had to pay up. And you want out of the contract, but if you do, the person whose life you bargained for is essentially forfeit. Does that sound about right?"

Flavian sigh and shook his head.
"No...not exactly that but...I..."
He hesitated then ran a hand through his dark hair.
"I was apprenticed to a Tytalus at seven, I went through the degrees and picked up linear magic quickly, but I never Awakened, when I was 23 I was still on the Third Degree and many was pressuring my Mentor to give up and initiate me as a Third Degree or get me a linear teacher to take me further in that direction. My teacher could not deal with one of his apprentices ending up as a hedge wizard so he contacted...contacted something that his lineage had served for centuries. There was a ritual, and I was sold into the service of this being, I felt a terrible pain in my lower back and when I woke up...I was Awakened and I shot through the ranks, developing my Sphere Magick into becoming an Adept in just a few years but there are...payments to be made and I feel the hold that...that...thing have over me every single second of my life. And despite being an Adept now...I have never had a single Seeking...not one..."
The Tytalus admitted. Crexia muttered something about the fucking demonic corruption of her House under the breath she did not have.

He arched an eyebrow, thumb hovering over the little green icon, "Why would he renounce his House, even if he resigned from active duty as a Quaesitor? Two seconds..."

"Okey...okey but listen I actually can't say anything...that thing that owns my soul will not let me."
Flavian said in a desperate tone of voice.
"I am loyal to the Traditions I am...but it demand things at times and I have to obey it...I have no choice do you understand I have no choice."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:34 am

[Basement]

"You can not just keep me here!"
Flavian declared in an outraged tone of voice.
"You have no right I am an Adept of the Traditions I demand that you let me go back to my Chantrymates upstairs!
The angry Hermetic shouted and Crexia gave him a stern look.

"You are demanding the Lady and appointed proxy for the Security Head of our chantry to let you go despite the fact you are part of an ongoing investigation?"

Flavian sigh and shook his head.
"No...not exactly that but...I..."
He hesitated then ran a hand through his dark hair.
"I was apprenticed to a Tytalus at seven, I went through the degrees and picked up linear magic quickly, but I never Awakened, when I was 23 I was still on the Third Degree and many was pressuring my Mentor to give up and initiate me as a Third Degree or get me a linear teacher to take me further in that direction. My teacher could not deal with one of his apprentices ending up as a hedge wizard so he contacted...contacted something that his lineage had served for centuries. There was a ritual, and I was sold into the service of this being, I felt a terrible pain in my lower back and when I woke up...I was Awakened and I shot through the ranks, developing my Sphere Magick into becoming an Adept in just a few years but there are...payments to be made and I feel the hold that...that...thing have over me every single second of my life. And despite being an Adept now...I have never had a single Seeking...not one..."
The Tytalus admitted. Crexia muttered something about the fucking demonic corruption of her House under the breath she did not have.

He had already suspected that he had investments, but not the why of it. That something could actually force an awakening was horrific, that he had a chunk of his soul sold for magick worse, and the fact that it seems his mentor had not learned from what happened to the Tremere. And to add insult to injury, sworn in with the Code. Adley looked furious, and similarly to when he was with Colin at Bergen's door, he had gone very, very quiet.

"Okey...okey but listen I actually can't say anything...that thing that owns my soul will not let me."
Flavian said in a desperate tone of voice.
"I am loyal to the Traditions I am...but it demand things at times and I have to obey it...I have no choice do you understand I have no choice."

It took him a moment to gather himself, but he finally said, "You may not have had any choice when you were an apprentice. But you did afterward, and this is where following that path has brought you. You still have a choice, right now. It is one you don't want to make, but if you truly value the Traditions or the Order, you would put them above your own ambition."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:00 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Sophitia perhaps she is quick which is a benefit against Voldo but she is also good on defense, Seung Mina might be good for range."
Stephen said as the game started and the intro music started playing.
"What map did you want?"

"Booo, strategy." Serge said jokingly. "I just pick the characters I like the look of. Let's just randomize the stages."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next