Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 15 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:02 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes those, no your are thinking of the man who go by the name Atlantis he used to be a member of the Freedom Razors and the House of Helakar, he is not an infernalist, the one you are thinking about was a Orphan...I think, Mark Jennings friend...Simon Black I think this name was."
Adjan replied.
Colin nodded, "Ah, yes, that does sound correct. I didn't really interact with them, so that might help exaplain why the names wouldn't stick."

Anja wrote:"Yes I believe she is and thank you."
Adjan said and he stood with some difficulty before he walked over to you and handed you a bag of clips.
He nodded, taking the bag, "Very good, I'll head right there, then - there'll be time to change out of uniform after that. Good evening."
He saluted the two men again, and turned on his heel, marching down to the ground floor to look for everyone.

((OOC: Question: How much of mental health days do Technocrats get, outside of Room 101? I mean, they DO have a Union... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45 - Page 15 Empty Re: Battle at an Abandoned Hospital, Rituals and the Tree in the Street IC Thread 45

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:23 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Ah, yes, that does sound correct. I didn't really interact with them, so that might help exaplain why the names wouldn't stick."

"I spoke with Atlantis and I heard Master Ir's apprentice complain that Simon Black had done demonic magick in their joined bathroom so now he had to borrow the showers of someone else not to fall afoul of the Code of Hermes."
Adjan replied with a sigh.
"That seams a most inconsiderate thing to do when you share space with a Hermetic."

He nodded, taking the bag, "Very good, I'll head right there, then - there'll be time to change out of uniform after that. Good evening."
He saluted the two men again, and turned on his heel, marching down to the ground floor to look for everyone.

"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and Adjan joined in.
"Yes good evening please tell everyone who are going on the strike teams good luck from me."

You got to the common room, it was full of mages, almost everyone who was visiting was here now, so was Adley and Helena, who was nursing a bruised arm with a non melting lump of ice. The young Hermetic maga gave you a nod when she saw you, so did the woman you had interviewed about her missing husband earlier, she was sitting by a table drinking tea looking a bit pale and drawn.

(OOC: I do believe that yes Technocrats get mental health days, and if they have become traumatized and can not deal they will be assigned to a Union approved councilor. The Technocracy want healthy operatives after all. However they are the wrong sort of union to what I was talking about. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:38 am

[Common Room]

"I am fine brother it is just a bruise, there was trouble through a gang of what looked to me to be infernalists attacked me and Gabby as we where heading from the airport, we chased them off, Gabby got hurt but not seriously, she is up in the infirmary getting patched up."
Helena said with a angry sigh.
"Fucking Nephandi Pawns, and since they had silver weapons I had to focus on defending Gabby rather than nabbing one of them, we could have got some good intel if I did."

He frowned. "How did they know to have silver weapons? And that you were even heading from there?" He looked unhappy that they were attacked, but especially how it seemed that they knew who they were going after. "I suppose it could have been picked up on someone's patrol, yet...well, I suppose they must be monitoring us for any new recruits. Did any of them get away?"

"Off course brother. Gabby said she would be right down once Dr Lee had a look at her hand, the way I understood it one of the high ranking Nephandi have a problem with cats...Mr Wainwright can elaborate on that."

"Very well, let me message him to come down..."
Flavian spoke up.
"Do you want me to introduce you to those in this room as well Sodalis?"
He asked.

"Please, do." While Flavian took up the speaking leader role, he was also seeing who was also probably a leader in their own right, if not so outspoken. When Colin came down, he waved at him. "Ah, good..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 am

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Well, I'll take a look...' ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

Hoping that she'd not have to take too much fire before the enemy was destroyed, Nicole moved to put herself between the fallen Mage and the tentacle, letting rip with her carbine...

[Attempting 'Deadaim']

[Said 'councillors' can also explain the things the operative has seen/experienced in the correct, Union-approved manner. After all, you don't want your people to end up with nagging doubts or even worse, outright 'incorrect' thoughts regarding the rightness of the Union's cause, their global Paradigm and their methods regarding their continued march against the Bygones, Superstitionists, Heretics and the other items to be consigned to the dustbin of history.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:14 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah snow can be fun Sir...especially around Christmas."
Kyle said as he was still looking around, touching piled of snow to see if it still felt real. Stephen nodded.
"Yeah, me and the folks used to go up to a family cabin to go skiing in the winter, before I Awakened and moved to a a Chantry to be a student."

"Used to spend all day watching Christmas specials. Not too mention that Christmas day was one of the few days my parents couldn't work. So I finally got to spend the day with them." he said with a smile, reminiscing on fond memories. "The gifts were also nice as well."

Anja wrote:"I think it is a pretty good spell Sir especially considering how quickly it was cast."
Kyle said.
"Do you mind if I have a look at the weaving itself?"
He asked and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah I would also like to see how the spell itself was made...and did you use your art for a focus this time to Mr Yager?"

"Yeah. Same as the infinite space bowl spell. Just a whole lot of imagination with a drawing as the focus." Serge said leaning back in the couch and looking around at his creation. He held out his notepad to show the young mages the small sketches of the room that he had done.

"Knock yourself out." he said when they asked permission to look at the inner working of their spell, "Bet you the next thing you guys say will include the word 'Dynamic' in it. Hermetic mages always seem to say that around me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:16 am

[Common Room]

He frowned. "How did they know to have silver weapons? And that you were even heading from there?" He looked unhappy that they were attacked, but especially how it seemed that they knew who they were going after. "I suppose it could have been picked up on someone's patrol, yet...well, I suppose they must be monitoring us for any new recruits. Did any of them get away?"

"I do not know it seams they had specific knowledge about us which is...disturbing."
Helena said with a frown.
"They could be keeping an eye on us somehow, but yes I don't know and that is what irritate me and yes most of them got away, I had to focus on defense and we where not that far from busy areas of the city and I did not want to accidentally harm a sleeper."
She said clearly irritated about this point more than anything.

"Very well, let me message him to come down..."

Your sister nodded but you did not have to message Colin as the man was just wandering into the room at that point, holding a heavy bag of something.

"Please, do." While Flavian took up the speaking leader role, he was also seeing who was also probably a leader in their own right, if not so outspoken. When Colin came down, he waved at him. "Ah, good..."

First Flavian presented the woman who's husaband had been replaced by a Nephandus then he went down the list.
"Vanja and Carlo over there are Cultists."
He said pointing at the younger people talking with Ryan.
"Then Catalina Holdenbridge over there is a Celestial Chorus...that guy over there are Rick Tilly he is a member of House Thig so he is one of our Sodalis and so is that woman over there Vanessa, she is a Flambeau."
This was the only one among the group you knew, Vanessa had visited Steelhaven a few times talking with your Mentor.

[Kyle's Room]

"Used to spend all day watching Christmas specials. Not too mention that Christmas day was one of the few days my parents couldn't work. So I finally got to spend the day with them." he said with a smile, reminiscing on fond memories. "The gifts were also nice as well."

"Yeah we would have good, homemade food and presents and we would watch Christmas movies together."
Kyle said and Stephen nodded.
"Yeah Christmas was always good."
The other young Hermetic agreed.

"Yeah. Same as the infinite space bowl spell. Just a whole lot of imagination with a drawing as the focus." Serge said leaning back in the couch and looking around at his creation. He held out his notepad to show the young mages the small sketches of the room that he had done.

The two young mages looked at your drawings looking fascinated.
"That is so cool Sir."
Kyle said.
"So you sort of draw things into reality?"

"Knock yourself out." he said when they asked permission to look at the inner working of their spell, "Bet you the next thing you guys say will include the word 'Dynamic' in it. Hermetic mages always seem to say that around me."

"Thanks Sir."
Stephen said, what followed was allot of chanting and hand gestures then the boys spent some time looking at the inner workings of your spell and yes they muttered.
"It is quite Dynamic...hum...interesting...yes...hum..."

[Hospital]

Well, I'll take a look...' ending with a shrug.

"Thanks."
Ingmar replied.

Hoping that she'd not have to take too much fire before the enemy was destroyed, Nicole moved to put herself between the fallen Mage and the tentacle, letting rip with her carbine...

You fired at the tentacle and it vanished into nothing. Ingmar was trying to get around the tendrils to help the wounded man, upon reaching him he started carving runes into his own arms. All around you your team was struggling with the tendrils, you felt something grabbing your leg and pulling hard trying to drag you off your feet while another tendril shot at your head but narrowly missed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:05 am

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"I spoke with Atlantis and I heard Master Ir's apprentice complain that Simon Black had done demonic magick in their joined bathroom so now he had to borrow the showers of someone else not to fall afoul of the Code of Hermes."
Adjan replied with a sigh.
"That seams a most inconsiderate thing to do when you share space with a Hermetic."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "That's inconsiderate, yes. I don't suppose blessing the plumbing would be an option? Demonic magic might find itself impeded in a room with running holy water?"

Anja wrote:"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and Adjan joined in.
"Yes good evening please tell everyone who are going on the strike teams good luck from me."
He nodded, "Will do."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:You got to the common room, it was full of mages, almost everyone who was visiting was here now, so was Adley and Helena, who was nursing a bruised arm with a non melting lump of ice. The young Hermetic maga gave you a nod when she saw you, so did the woman you had interviewed about her missing husband earlier, she was sitting by a table drinking tea looking a bit pale and drawn.
S7trif3 wrote:"Please, do." While Flavian took up the speaking leader role, he was also seeing who was also probably a leader in their own right, if not so outspoken. When Colin came down, he waved at him. "Ah, good..."
He glanced around, nodded to Adley, then marched over, raising his voice just enough to be heard in the room, "Ah, ladies and gentlemen, pardon me for interrupting; I've brought some munitions to be distributed among the strike teams, courtesy of one of our Euthanatoi, who due to injury will be sitting this one out. Our Deacon Master Sharaya and Mr. Terach of the Euthanatos convey their best wishes for the operation. If you'd like to get some, I will leave the bag with my Cabalmate here, who is tasked with setting up the teams."
Lowering his voice again to talk to Helena, he added, "Miss Mar, I need to change back out of uniform; would it be a good time for you to swap a bit of tutoring with me in ten minutes' time, as we spoke of earlier?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

[Narim's Room]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "That's inconsiderate, yes. I don't suppose blessing the plumbing would be an option? Demonic magic might find itself impeded in a room with running holy water?"

"Hum...well the idea is sound, you would have to speak with a Chorister about it I think to know for sure. Well we could certainly mention the possibility to our friends at Morningstar the next time we see them."
Adjan replied with a slight grin.

He nodded, "Will do."

"Thank you."
Adjan replied politely.

[Common Room]

He glanced around, nodded to Adley, then marched over, raising his voice just enough to be heard in the room, "Ah, ladies and gentlemen, pardon me for interrupting; I've brought some munitions to be distributed among the strike teams, courtesy of one of our Euthanatoi, who due to injury will be sitting this one out. Our Deacon Master Sharaya and Mr. Terach of the Euthanatos convey their best wishes for the operation. If you'd like to get some, I will leave the bag with my Cabalmate here, who is tasked with setting up the teams."

The gathered mages topped their chatter to look at you. The young woman who had lost her husband gave you a nod of her head. A young man with dyed turquoise hair raised his hand.
"This enchanted ammo is it that standard that do more severe damage?"
He asked, this was the young man who had been pointed out as being of House Thig.

Lowering his voice again to talk to Helena, he added, "Miss Mar, I need to change back out of uniform; would it be a good time for you to swap a bit of tutoring with me in ten minutes' time, as we spoke of earlier?"

Helena looked up at you she put her non melting ice down and checked the angry bruise on her arm.
"Certinly. Should we meet down here again in ten minutes there or did you have somewhere else in mind?"
The Flambeau asked.

(OOC: Simon Black go to the bath to summon his demon boss...leaves disappointed...ok who blessed the fucking water pipes...who...and thus we have a frustrated infernalist.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:10 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Hum...well the idea is sound, you would have to speak with a Chorister about it I think to know for sure. Well we could certainly mention the possibility to our friends at Morningstar the next time we see them."
Adjan replied with a slight grin.
Colin grinned, "Well, I do have the ear of a few senior members of that Chantry... I might mention it in passing to, say, Lady Crexia next I see her?"

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:The gathered mages topped their chatter to look at you. The young woman who had lost her husband gave you a nod of her head. A young man with dyed turquoise hair raised his hand.
"This enchanted ammo is it that standard that do more severe damage?"
He asked, this was the young man who had been pointed out as being of House Thig.
He nodded, "Quite so, I believe. A little luck to hit more vital spots with greater precision."

Anja wrote:Helena looked up at you she put her non melting ice down and checked the angry bruise on her arm.
"Certinly. Should we meet down here again in ten minutes there or did you have somewhere else in mind?"
The Flambeau asked.
He smiled, "Well, we might take the opportunity to put on a bit of a show... After all, an Orphan teaching a Hermetic of a proud lineage a new trick is a sight to behold. And you could use the opportunity to get judged on your own skills as a teacher among your peers, I suppose."

((OOC: And when he asks, *everyone* else in the Chantry replies, "We all did!" Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:30 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin grinned, "Well, I do have the ear of a few senior members of that Chantry... I might mention it in passing to, say, Lady Crexia next I see her?"

"That might be a good idea Mr Wainwright though I believe young Mr Black might be less than enthusiastic."
Adjan said and he sounded quite amused.

[Common Room]

He nodded, "Quite so, I believe. A little luck to hit more vital spots with greater precision."

"Now that is useful."
The Techno-mage declared.
"I will have some of those rounds then if they fit my weapon."
A young man with Ether goggles on his head nodded.
"My main skill in combat is my modified weaponry so I should probably have some of those as well."
Helena chimed in.
"If I know the Euthanathos in question right there is enough for everyone, my brother will make sure to pass out resources where they will do the most good."

He smiled, "Well, we might take the opportunity to put on a bit of a show... After all, an Orphan teaching a Hermetic of a proud lineage a new trick is a sight to behold. And you could use the opportunity to get judged on your own skills as a teacher among your peers, I suppose."

"I do not mind doing it in public but then someone might learn what you are teaching from just observing us you know, if you want to keep your methods secrets Mr Wainwright."
The Hermetic replied.

(OOC: Simon will think that is most unfair after all he is just calling his boss for new orders what could possibly go wrong.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:00 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"That might be a good idea Mr Wainwright though I believe young Mr Black might be less than enthusiastic."
Adjan said and he sounded quite amused.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, he's the one despoiling the bathroom with demonology. The least he could do is clean it up after himself."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:"I do not mind doing it in public but then someone might learn what you are teaching from just observing us you know, if you want to keep your methods secrets Mr Wainwright."
The Hermetic replied.
He grinned, "Well, now, the power drain Rote is already patented, as it were, and will be published in the Paradigma quite soon for all to learn - I believe Bonisagus himself would greatly approve of that. So while there are some of my innovations I might hold closer to my chest, that particular one is so important that I can't put a price tag on it."

((OOC: What, except for just about everything, could go wrong? Well... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:28 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, he's the one despoiling the bathroom with demonology. The least he could do is clean it up after himself."

"Yes well some Resonances are harder to clean."
Adjan replied darkly.
"I am sort of glad the Chief will not let any infernalists into the Chantry, other than Miss Sinclair and that is a bit of a special case scenario."

[Common Room]

He grinned, "Well, now, the power drain Rote is already patented, as it were, and will be published in the Paradigma quite soon for all to learn - I believe Bonisagus himself would greatly approve of that. So while there are some of my innovations I might hold closer to my chest, that particular one is so important that I can't put a price tag on it."

"Very well then, if you have the rote registered to your name Mr Wainwright then probably teaching it in public will not hurt, and it is certainly a very useful bit of magick or so I hear, I really can not say what my tradition's Founder would or would not approve of but I am certainly most interested in learning. Ok then, I will wait here for you then Mr Wainwright. If I am not here when you return then I have just headed of for a moment to check on my wounded Custos, but as she was not seriously hurt I do not imagine I will be gone for long."
Helena replied with a nod.

(OOC: Well when a demon own your ass you sort of have to communicate whatever or not about everything can go wrong is what Simon Black would argue. I mean infernalists got to infernalist.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:55 pm

[Tane's Home]

Allmost three months had gone by since the trouble with the Nephandi shook Mage society in Boston and Chicago, since that time you had worked on your own project of trying to find a way to save Cadence from Gilgul, at least her trial had not been yet, Colin had made sure that she would be tried last. As for your work for Steelhaven you where tasked with improving relations between the shapechangers that made their home in Boston and Mage society.

You still lived with a group of fera, Coawa the Rokea, Alessa the Ananasi, little Strawberry the Ratkin and the yong Rokea Paula who's teacher spirits who would prepare her for her life as a shapechanger had been murdered by the Nephandi so now it had fallen to you, and your friends to raise her.

Apperantly there was now some new troubles, Steelhaven had called you to ask if you where okey, and a call had gone out asking for aid against the Nephandi a call Coawa and Strawberry had answered.

You where just making some dinner for yourself, Paula and Alessa, though the Ananasi did not really need to eat solid food. The werspider herself was on her computer clearly not happy she had muttered something about Ananasi Kinfolk having gone missing. This is when your phone rang and from the caller id you saw that the caller was Dino, the leader of the local pack of Garou.

(OOC: Mariano told me he wanted to come back to the game. He will be playing at his own speed though so mostly in his own side stories but jay, welcome back Tane. Very Happy)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:27 pm

[Common Room]

"I do not know it seams they had specific knowledge about us which is...disturbing."
Helena said with a frown.
"They could be keeping an eye on us somehow, but yes I don't know and that is what irritate me and yes most of them got away, I had to focus on defense and we where not that far from busy areas of the city and I did not want to accidentally harm a sleeper."

"I see. Unfortunate. But at least you are alright." He exchanged a long look with her though - they were being monitored and there was a definate breach somehow, even though they had checked everything it persisted. Which meant it could be related to another infiltrator, or, the one that they'd captured. Hopefully the latter. Wards were designed to keep people out, but not if we let them in, after all, under guises. He turned his attention back to the others.

"Vanja and Carlo over there are Cultists."
He said pointing at the younger people talking with Ryan.
"Then Catalina Holdenbridge over there is a Celestial Chorus...that guy over there are Rick Tilly he is a member of House Thig so he is one of our Sodalis and so is that woman over there Vanessa, she is a Flambeau."

"Thank you. There are a few more people that are to join us, and here is one of them now. But perhaps we can generally get ourselves organized..."

"Please do thank them on my behalf," he said.

"Now that is useful."
The Techno-mage declared.
"I will have some of those rounds then if they fit my weapon."
A young man with Ether goggles on his head nodded.
"My main skill in combat is my modified weaponry so I should probably have some of those as well."
Helena chimed in.
"If I know the Euthanathos in question right there is enough for everyone, my brother will make sure to pass out resources where they will do the most good.

"Very well, let's see what we have," he said with a nod and went to look at what types of ammo had been enchanted.

// welcome back Tane
ooc2: lol, while most mundanes are passive aggressive with their roomies over stuff like doing the dishes, here are mages - passive aggressive enchantments all over the place - notes on the fridge include "what did we say about raising the dead? Halloween is not an excuse"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:41 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Oh, fuck off!' Nicole snarled, taking a shot at the tentacle grabbing her leg.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:56 pm

[Common Room]

I see. Unfortunate. But at least you are alright." He exchanged a long look with her though - they were being monitored and there was a definate breach somehow, even though they had checked everything it persisted. Which meant it could be related to another infiltrator, or, the one that they'd captured. Hopefully the latter. Wards were designed to keep people out, but not if we let them in, after all, under guises. He turned his attention back to the others.

"Hopefully it might be possible to find the attacker that shot Gabby, if he was dumb enough to keep his weapon that is as we have a bit of one of his bullets, that is an Arcane connection right there."
Helena said darkly clearly she was not pleased about the situation.

"Thank you. There are a few more people that are to join us, and here is one of them now. But perhaps we can generally get ourselves organized..."

"Yes hopefully so Sodalis."
Flavian said as he glanced over at Colin with a sour, judging look on his face.

Very well, let's see what we have," he said with a nod and went to look at what types of ammo had been enchanted.

It was a small variety of different types of annunciation for different kinds of weapon but mostly it was pistol clips.
"Anything good in there?"
The turquoise haired kid asked.

[Hospital]

'Oh, fuck off!' Nicole snarled, taking a shot at the tentacle grabbing her leg.

You fired at the tendril and it vanished but two more shot towards you at some speed. Coawa though grabbed them both and janked them into his mouth and bit them, and they vanished. While everyone was fighting the half manifested Outsider Thing you heard footsteps, several footsteps approaching from one of the intersecting corridors but everyone was to busy with the tendrils to pay it much heed. On a positive note the young Hollower was now being helped back to his feet by Ingmar, he had taken quite a hit but seamed to be fine now.

(OOC: Yeah I mean everyone hate it when your roommate raise a bunch of zombies and leave them wandering aimlessly around the Chantry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:48 pm

[Common Room]

"Hopefully it might be possible to find the attacker that shot Gabby, if he was dumb enough to keep his weapon that is as we have a bit of one of his bullets, that is an Arcane connection right there."
Helena said darkly clearly she was not pleased about the situation.

He tilted his head a bit at her and then glanced towards the crowd, taking note of reactions, anyone paying more than too close attention. Paranoia, they said. And that was what Nephandi did, break trust. Yet, one had to take into account something was going on, somehow.

"Yes hopefully so Sodalis."

When Flavian returned his attention to him, he would find that the look he gave Colin was most assuredly being reflected back to him, but kept within polite parameters - his regard for his cabal leader and amicus had not been lost to him, and his own opinion on the matter was clearly shown, like someone had turned a switch on the television set to a new channel. The voice over may still be David Attenbourough, but what was on the screen was depicting a lion, tail flicking, golden eyes staring, waiting to see if there was going to have to be more of this situation to have to attend to, or not. And yet, just as polite as could be the look shifted back with some diplomatic finesse to what was at hand, the lion blinking and turning its head somewhat, deciding that it was to be overlooked for now, so long as nothing went further than a displeased look. A point was made in the next sentence, should Flavian not have gotten the hint, as he addressed Colin in the following manner: "Amicus, as my cabal leader I do request your presence when you are through with your preparations, please. I wish your opinion on the matters that concern you."

t was a small variety of different types of annunciation for different kinds of weapon but mostly it was pistol clips.
"Anything good in there?"
The turquoise haired kid asked.

"Most of this is .35 mm and some .45, I have some rifle ammo, as well..." And with that he was back to organizing, making sure that everyone who needed it got some of the special rounds and some for those not yet present.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:01 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"Yes well some Resonances are harder to clean."
Adjan replied darkly.
"I am sort of glad the Chief will not let any infernalists into the Chantry, other than Miss Sinclair and that is a bit of a special case scenario."
Colin nodded, "Miss Sinclair didn't sell her soul for power..."

[Common Room]
S7trif3 wrote:"Please do thank them on my behalf," he said.
He grinned, "I'm sure they are already quite aware of your gratitude. But I'll try ot remember next time I see them."

Anja wrote:"Yes hopefully so Sodalis."
S7trif3 wrote:When Flavian returned his attention to him, he would find that the look he gave Colin was most assuredly being reflected back to him, but kept within polite parameters - his regard for his cabal leader and amicus had not been lost to him, and his own opinion on the matter was clearly shown, like someone had turned a switch on the television set to a new channel. The voice over may still be David Attenbourough, but what was on the screen was depicting a lion, tail flicking, golden eyes staring, waiting to see if there was going to have to be more of this situation to have to attend to, or not. And yet, just as polite as could be the look shifted back with some diplomatic finesse to what was at hand, the lion blinking and turning its head somewhat, deciding that it was to be overlooked for now, so long as nothing went further than a displeased look. A point was made in the next sentence, should Flavian not have gotten the hint, as he addressed Colin in the following manner: "Amicus, as my cabal leader I do request your presence when you are through with your preparations, please. I wish your opinion on the matters that concern you."
Colin didn't even flinch at Flavian's expression, and nodded to Adley, "Of course, Amicus."
Turning to Flavian, he smoothly flowed into a completely neutral tone of voice, "I am Adeptus Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. You must be Adeptus Flavian Hermes; your reputation precedes you. If you don't mind, I should like to have a word with you about the assassin you let through our security later, though I have some slightly more pressing matters to worry about first."

Anja wrote:"Very well then, if you have the rote registered to your name Mr Wainwright then probably teaching it in public will not hurt, and it is certainly a very useful bit of magick or so I hear, I really can not say what my tradition's Founder would or would not approve of but I am certainly most interested in learning. Ok then, I will wait here for you then Mr Wainwright. If I am not here when you return then I have just headed of for a moment to check on my wounded Custos, but as she was not seriously hurt I do not imagine I will be gone for long."
Helena replied with a nod.
He smiled, "While I cannot pretend to speak for the Founder, I've been told by people who knew him personally that he wanted magic to be shared and advanced, so that would suggest he'd approve of my sharing a trick that could have as widespread benefits as the discovery of fire... Miss Gabriella was doing quite well when I left the infirmary, though, and the bullet fragment has been delivered to Mrs. Von Hess for tracking."

((OOC: Welcome back, Tane!))

((OOC2: .35 mm? That's a really odd caliber. Are you sure you didn't mean 9mm? 'Cause .35mm would be, like, syringes between 28 gauge and 29 gauge. Razz ))

((OOC3: As for what Colin said to Flavian, a British person might well interpret that as "I've heard you're an asshole, and while I need to ask you about the incident, I'd rather brush my teeth with concrete dust." Wouldn't you say, Nicole? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:17 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:The two young mages looked at your drawings looking fascinated.
"That is so cool Sir."
Kyle said.
"So you sort of draw things into reality?"

"Exactly that." Serge said with a nod, in a tone that made it clear that he liked how that sounded. "Keep in mind that the word 'draw' has multiple meanings. And more than one apply to the magick I do."

Anja wrote:"Thanks Sir."
Stephen said, what followed was allot of chanting and hand gestures then the boys spent some time looking at the inner workings of your spell and yes they muttered.
"It is quite Dynamic...hum...interesting...yes...hum..."

"Called it." he said with a smirk. "What the hell do you guys even see anyways? You mentioned the 'Weave of the spell' before. Do you see magick like spider webs or something? Patterns of energies and the like"

(OOC: Welcome back Tane! I'll be looking forward to seeing what sorts of spirit shenanigans you get into. Not to mention seeing Shark Sword again Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Miss Sinclair didn't sell her soul for power..."

"That is true but she is still beholden to a dark entity, until we figure out how to free her soul from it's grasp."
Adjan said in a tone of voice that said that he thought a good way to free Cecilia's soul would be to find said demonic entity and murder it.

[Common Room]

He tilted his head a bit at her and then glanced towards the crowd, taking note of reactions, anyone paying more than too close attention. Paranoia, they said. And that was what Nephandi did, break trust. Yet, one had to take into account something was going on, somehow.

The gathered group of mages seamed to be behaving fairly normally, then again a competent spy would not stand out.

When Flavian returned his attention to him, he would find that the look he gave Colin was most assuredly being reflected back to him, but kept within polite parameters - his regard for his cabal leader and amicus had not been lost to him, and his own opinion on the matter was clearly shown, like someone had turned a switch on the television set to a new channel. The voice over may still be David Attenbourough, but what was on the screen was depicting a lion, tail flicking, golden eyes staring, waiting to see if there was going to have to be more of this situation to have to attend to, or not. And yet, just as polite as could be the look shifted back with some diplomatic finesse to what was at hand, the lion blinking and turning its head somewhat, deciding that it was to be overlooked for now, so long as nothing went further than a displeased look. A point was made in the next sentence, should Flavian not have gotten the hint, as he addressed Colin in the following manner: "Amicus, as my cabal leader I do request your presence when you are through with your preparations, please. I wish your opinion on the matters that concern you."

Flavian looked a little shocked by the look Adley sent him, he looked like he wanted to comment, but decided better of it but when you addressed Colin, a mere Orphan as your Cabal Leader he go a sour look on his face and he gave the Englishman another look full of contempt.

"Most of this is .35 mm and some .45, I have some rifle ammo, as well..." And with that he was back to organizing, making sure that everyone who needed it got some of the special rounds and some for those not yet present.

"I use both a rifle and a handgun."
The Techno-Magus replied, you got the bullets Adjan had enchanted passed out evenly and presumably also keeping some for yourself, the Euthanathos had been busy so almost everyone got some bullets or a clip.

Colin didn't even flinch at Flavian's expression, and nodded to Adley, "Of course, Amicus."
Turning to Flavian, he smoothly flowed into a completely neutral tone of voice, "I am Adeptus Wainwright, of Steelhaven Hall. You must be Adeptus Flavian Hermes; your reputation precedes you. If you don't mind, I should like to have a word with you about the assassin you let through our security later, though I have some slightly more pressing matters to worry about first."

Flavian had looked a bit taken aback by Adley's reaction but now he looked a mix of shocked and enraged.
"Yes certinly...Adeptus Wainwright..."
He spat at you through gritted teeth and it was clear it was quite other words he WANTED to say to you but politeness and Chantry relations require a bit of formal respect.
"So what Tradition are you Adeptus Wainwright?"
The Hermetic asked while he full well knew you where an Orphan but he thought asking would embarrass you in some way.

He smiled, "While I cannot pretend to speak for the Founder, I've been told by people who knew him personally that he wanted magic to be shared and advanced, so that would suggest he'd approve of my sharing a trick that could have as widespread benefits as the discovery of fire... Miss Gabriella was doing quite well when I left the infirmary, though, and the bullet fragment has been delivered to Mrs. Von Hess for tracking."

"Well I really can not comment about the Founder."
Helena said simply.
"I am glad to hear that Gabby is going to be fine though, I was worried about her well being, silver is not good for her kind after all...and wonderful news about the fragment perhaps there will be an opportunity to nab a few of my would be assassins after all and ask a few...friendly questions."
The Flambeau said darkly.

[Kyle's Room]

"Exactly that." Serge said with a nod, in a tone that made it clear that he liked how that sounded. "Keep in mind that the word 'draw' has multiple meanings. And more than one apply to the magick I do."

"Really Sir, what other meaning do the word draw have?"
Kyle asked surprised and he raised an eyebrow.

"Called it." he said with a smirk. "What the hell do you guys even see anyways? You mentioned the 'Weave of the spell' before. Do you see magick like spider webs or something? Patterns of energies and the like"

"Yes something like that...I can show you if you want Sir by letting you see what I see but if you study what the Traditions call Prime Magick you should be able to see how the spell weave reality for yourself."
Kyle replied.
"It is like if reality is a grand tapestry and a spell is a pattern in this tapestry."
Stephen chimed in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:58 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Really Sir, what other meaning do the word draw have?"
Kyle asked surprised and he raised an eyebrow.

"God I hope I didn't mess up my chance to sound cool and sage-like." Serge said with a chuckle, as he quickly thought his reply through in his head, to make sure that what he was thinking made some bit of sense. "But I think I'm good in this instance. You see, I was just thinking that drawing could refer to art. But it can also refer to pull or drag something out from somewhere. 'Drawing water from a well' is a good example of that use."

Anja wrote:"Yes something like that...I can show you if you want Sir by letting you see what I see but if you study what the Traditions call Prime Magick you should be able to see how the spell weave reality for yourself."
Kyle replied.
"It is like if reality is a grand tapestry and a spell is a pattern in this tapestry."
Stephen chimed in.

"I'd like to think of reality as more of a canvas. Not a blank one mind you, a filled up canvas that you can paint stuff over top of." he mused. "But sure, hit me up. I keep showing you guys how I see the world. Let's see how you guys see the world."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:19 pm

[Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"That is true but she is still beholden to a dark entity, until we figure out how to free her soul from it's grasp."
Adjan said in a tone of voice that said that he thought a good way to free Cecilia's soul would be to find said demonic entity and murder it.
Colin nodded, "The first obstacle would be to find a way to protect her daughter's life, in a way that would make the dark entity no longer needed... I don't necessarily agree with Miss Sinclair's choice, but I can hardly fault her for it..."

[Common Room]
Anja wrote:Flavian looked a little shocked by the look Adley sent him, he looked like he wanted to comment, but decided better of it but when you addressed Colin, a mere Orphan as your Cabal Leader he go a sour look on his face and he gave the Englishman another look full of contempt.
Anja wrote:Flavian had looked a bit taken aback by Adley's reaction but now he looked a mix of shocked and enraged.
"Yes certinly...Adeptus Wainwright..."
He spat at you through gritted teeth and it was clear it was quite other words he WANTED to say to you but politeness and Chantry relations require a bit of formal respect.
"So what Tradition are you Adeptus Wainwright?"
The Hermetic asked while he full well knew you where an Orphan but he thought asking would embarrass you in some way.
He cracked the thinnest of smiles, "Oh, I was never inducted into one of those; I'm afraid I've had to attain my achievements on personal merit, rather than having access to a Mentor and the associated academic resources. Still, I like to think I've made some contributions to the advancement of magic; in fact I just received a patent for a most useful Rote, which I will be publishing and making freely available shortly. I'm sure such an inquisitive scholar as yourself already subscribe to the Paradigma to avail you of the many fine articles on magical theory?"

Anja wrote:"Well I really can not comment about the Founder."
Helena said simply.
"I am glad to hear that Gabby is going to be fine though, I was worried about her well being, silver is not good for her kind after all...and wonderful news about the fragment perhaps there will be an opportunity to nab a few of my would be assassins after all and ask a few...friendly questions."
The Flambeau said darkly.
He nodded, then frowned darkly, "Well, if we find the assailants, I'm sure Lady Crexia will be quite willing to assist with queries, if necessary..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:53 pm

[Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'We have incoming!' Nicole will shout out, on confirming the noises were of other creatures coming towards them. Continuing to shoot at the various tentacles to keep them away from herself, the Chief and the other members of their party [in that order].

[Perfectly happy to fork Nick at some point so she can RP with Tane. Though quite obviously, not right now...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:22 am

[Kyle's Room]

"God I hope I didn't mess up my chance to sound cool and sage-like." Serge said with a chuckle, as he quickly thought his reply through in his head, to make sure that what he was thinking made some bit of sense. "But I think I'm good in this instance. You see, I was just thinking that drawing could refer to art. But it can also refer to pull or drag something out from somewhere. 'Drawing water from a well' is a good example of that use."

"But did not the context make it clear that it was not drawing a bucket out of a well that was meant Sir? I mean no disrespect, but if a director making a film says let's shoot, it is fairly clear he do not mean let us get out shotguns and shoot them at the roof. If a group of friends are out and one of them says I am going to the bar do you guys want anything it is clear he is not going to go and get himself licensed as a lawyer or go to a candy bar he is going up to the bar to order drinks, context matter in language and usually one do not list up all other uses of a word that are clearly not the right ones from the context."
Kyle protested.

"I'd like to think of reality as more of a canvas. Not a blank one mind you, a filled up canvas that you can paint stuff over top of." he mused. "But sure, hit me up. I keep showing you guys how I see the world. Let's see how you guys see the world."

"Then most likely you will see a canvas and paint Sir, it is not like there is an actual cloth tapestry it is a way that the mind interment what is seen."
Stephen said.
"Ok then one moment then Sir."
Kyle said and he very gently touched your arm. You saw a grand canvas, with your rote being a detail of that canvas, painted into the picture of reality as a glowing, beautiful design.

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "The first obstacle would be to find a way to protect her daughter's life, in a way that would make the dark entity no longer needed... I don't necessarily agree with Miss Sinclair's choice, but I can hardly fault her for it..."

"I can understand that desire to keep her child alive but if this dark entity is the only thing that is keeping the kid alive...that is a dangerous position to be in, death is not always the worst fate there is."
Adjan said sounding skeptical.

[Common Room]

He cracked the thinnest of smiles, "Oh, I was never inducted into one of those; I'm afraid I've had to attain my achievements on personal merit, rather than having access to a Mentor and the associated academic resources. Still, I like to think I've made some contributions to the advancement of magic; in fact I just received a patent for a most useful Rote, which I will be publishing and making freely available shortly. I'm sure such an inquisitive scholar as yourself already subscribe to the Paradigma to avail you of the many fine articles on magical theory?"

"So you are an Orphan then?"
Adeptus Flavian scoffed.
"I am sure you have made...your efforts and yes I do read the Paradigma so I am sure I will eventually see your little rote."
He commented as he gave you a disproving, arrogant look.
"Well if you excuse me Adeptus Wainwright...I have actually important things to do."

He nodded, then frowned darkly, "Well, if we find the assailants, I'm sure Lady Crexia will be quite willing to assist with queries, if necessary..."

"Oh I am sure she would, the Lady is quite good at making our enemies communicate."
Helena said darkly.
"But we have to find them first."
At that you got a message from Narim that said.
"Mrs Von Hess what here, we have a location."
There was also a file that contained a photo of a map with a pendulum touching one point of it.

[Hospital]

'We have incoming!' Nicole will shout out, on confirming the noises were of other creatures coming towards them. Continuing to shoot at the various tentacles to keep them away from herself, the Chief and the other members of their party [in that order].

"Let me set up a surprise for them."
Antonio said and he made a few scratches in his books looking in the direction of the voices and then there where screams coming from that direction.

The Chief spoke the final word of his spell, he had continued his ritual through all of the chaos, and then just like that the entity and the tendrils and it's oppressive presence was gone. There where a few wounded, but all of your team was alive.
"Status!"
Jeffry shouted as he turned to face the new threat that was coming.
"Are anyone hurt?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:02 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"But did not the context make it clear that it was not drawing a bucket out of a well that was meant Sir? I mean no disrespect, but if a director making a film says let's shoot, it is fairly clear he do not mean let us get out shotguns and shoot them at the roof. If a group of friends are out and one of them says I am going to the bar do you guys want anything it is clear he is not going to go and get himself licensed as a lawyer or go to a candy bar he is going up to the bar to order drinks, context matter in language and usually one do not list up all other uses of a word that are clearly not the right ones from the context."
Kyle protested.

"Your over complicating things. I knew what you meant. That I draw things into reality....." he explained, "....I was just thinking how I also technically draw things from reality. As in pull hidden rules and bring forth hidden patterns from deep within reality to its surface. Thus, multiple meanings of the word 'draw' apply."

"Perhaps I was getting ahead of myself there. It was just a small little detail I thought sounded cool and thought you guys would like. Draw things into reality. Draw things from reality." he said with a sigh, still smiling a little at that wordplay that he clearly thought was a little clever. "Sorry about the confusion. I'm not really good at the old sage-like metaphor-y wisdom talk. All the cool old mages seem to be able to do stuff like that."

Anja wrote:"Then most likely you will see a canvas and paint Sir, it is not like there is an actual cloth tapestry it is a way that the mind interment what is seen."
Stephen said.
"Ok then one moment then Sir."
Kyle said and he very gently touched your arm. You saw a grand canvas, with your rote being a detail of that canvas, painted into the picture of reality as a glowing, beautiful design.

"Yep. That make sense." he said with a smile as he looked around the room at his spell. He stood up from the couch and walked around the room, to see how well his magick looked from all angles.

This wasn't his first time with Magick vision, his mentor and later his cabalmates had also shared their Prime vision with him in the past so he was well-acquainted with it. "Kinda wish it was how you guys saw the world though. Rather than just the version my mind sees."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next