Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 9 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 05, 2020 7:53 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, clearly satisfied that the others were okay.

Anja's Post:

A short pause as she considered the position. 'Ask if they want us to look for this altar thing. Otherwise, we'll simply head back. Anyone know how to disable this thing?' gesturing at the ram.

Anja's Post:

'If you can do that, then yeah.' she replied, feeling around the other side of her arm, obviously checking for an exit-wound.

[At this rate, Serge has gotta see Nick return from this mission. Burnt, shot, dented and covered in blood and gore...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 9 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 05, 2020 8:18 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:You drove Servantes towards the center of the stage but that allowed him to do his most powerful non special move when he impaled his enemy on both of Soul Edge's blades and smashed them to the ground, this left your character with dangerously little health but also and opening as Servantes being older and not as nimble as Voldo, who had a similar move with his hand blades tried to recover from bending backwards and he was not moving for a few moments.

He reasoned that little health was better than no health that would've happened had Kyle knocked them off the stage. Although it still wasn't looking good for him. He hunkered down and put all of his focus into the game. Before he was still learning his character and her moves. But now that he had gotten some time to play with her he was more adept in understanding what she could and couldn't do. Using the opening Servantes created, Serge launched a flurry of attacks at him, chaining one move to another in order to hopefully lock Servantes and take advantage of Kyle's slower character.

(OOC: Serge will be both equally horrified and wanting to draw a picture of 'battle-scarred' Nicole. Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

A short pause as she considered the position. 'Ask if they want us to look for this altar thing. Otherwise, we'll simply head back. Anyone know how to disable this thing?' gesturing at the ram.

"I will do so Ma'am."
Alicia said then after a short while she said.
"Master Morgan want us to continue, if this alter is here he want it found."
Antonio looked over at you.
"Well draining it's Quintessence should do it for now, you can break it off course but, but leaving it without juice would make it inoperable for now and I was thinking this would be a nice thing to bring with us home."
He said eagerly patting his new toy.

'If you can do that, then yeah.' she replied, feeling around the other side of her arm, obviously checking for an exit-wound.

You found an exit wound, at least the bullet was not still in there.
"I can...for now take these, they work slower that anything i can inject you with but the faster drugs will also muddle your mind."
Axel said and he handed you some pills and a bottle of water.
"Now if you would allow me to get a quick bandage on this to keep it from bleeding, we can get it healed later."

[Kyle's Room]

He reasoned that little health was better than no health that would've happened had Kyle knocked them off the stage. Although it still wasn't looking good for him. He hunkered down and put all of his focus into the game. Before he was still learning his character and her moves. But now that he had gotten some time to play with her he was more adept in understanding what she could and couldn't do. Using the opening Servantes created, Serge launched a flurry of attacks at him, chaining one move to another in order to hopefully lock Servantes and take advantage of Kyle's slower character.

You managed to pull off a flurry of attacks, your character was fast and Servants for all of his raw power was not, Seong Mi-na manages to knock her opponent of his feet and prevent him from getting back up twice until Kyle managed to have the possessed pirate kick his pole ax wielding opponent out of the way so he could get up and start a counter attack. At least the gab in health had be been lessened though Servantes still had the upper hand, he launched into another special move intending to end the round but missed his quicker opponent. Kyle swore under his breath.

[Steelhaven Hall, Present Time]

He nodded, "Then I apologise for the disruption, and good luck."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said before he hung up on the call.

He hung up, something of a sober expression on his face, "Well, they sound like they are doing quite well, even with their hands full."
He pocketed the phone, "Alright, I had best see your little brother before getting back to preparations... See you in a bit, Miss Mar?"

"So my Pater is okey then Mr Wainwright? How is their battle going?"
Helena asked then she nodded.
"I think Kyle would appreciate that, thank you. I will return to my duties as well, it seams like Flavian is sleeping for now anyway."

[Common Room]

That is true. I would like to find out a bit more about them before calling them, but also as it mostly for those named from the other chantry as well as some of ours, it probably should be discussed. I do not want to waste time if they do not want to proceed. And perhaps they have other ideas to contribute.

"What can I tell you about the Letter Bees Sodalis?"
Crexia asked then she nodded.
"Yes we should take it up with out friends here. I can ask them if you wish and we will see if they have any ideas or would want such a solution."

(OOC: Ok after speaking with Warp, Colin do not get to go to the D&D popculture realm he would break the Forgotten Realms. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 05, 2020 10:11 pm

Anja wrote:"So my Pater is okey then Mr Wainwright? How is their battle going?"
Helena asked then she nodded.
"I think Kyle would appreciate that, thank you. I will return to my duties as well, it seams like Flavian is sleeping for now anyway."
He smiled wryly, "By the sound of it, he's having a blast. Several, in fact... and someone said they'd dealt with the sniper, so I'm going to trust everything's going well so far."
He nodded, "I'll ask Master Sharaya to organize a guard for Flavian, all the same. While he's mostly harmless now, it would be unwise to leave him entirely unguarded, all the same."
He quickly sent off a message to Narim, 'Our "guest" in 106 may need a guard. Linear magic may be an issue, but I believe he'll be docile for now. Can you ask someone to come by?'

Stepping to the door, he sighed, "Alright, let's carry on, then, and hope your little brother and Lady Crexia have sorted things out with the others."

((OOC: But who will pilot the shuttle? We specifically talked about this! Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 05, 2020 10:20 pm

He smiled wryly, "By the sound of it, he's having a blast. Several, in fact... and someone said they'd dealt with the sniper, so I'm going to trust everything's going well so far."

"Well blasts do sound like him...and if they got rid of a sniper in the process so much the better."
Helena said with a nod.

He nodded, "I'll ask Master Sharaya to organize a guard for Flavian, all the same. While he's mostly harmless now, it would be unwise to leave him entirely unguarded, all the same."

"Agreed."
The Hermetic said simply.
"Perhaps I should stay here and watch him until another guard could be arranged, just to be sure."

He quickly sent off a message to Narim, 'Our "guest" in 106 may need a guard. Linear magic may be an issue, but I believe he'll be docile for now. Can you ask someone to come by?'

You got a reply back from Narim which said.
"I will see what I can do and who is available."

Stepping to the door, he sighed, "Alright, let's carry on, then, and hope your little brother and Lady Crexia have sorted things out with the others."

"I am sure they have, I have every confidence in the capabilities of my little brother and Lady Crexia."
Helena replied confidently.

(OOC: Okey, he can go on the shuttle, but he have to stay on the ship and not murder demon prices and take over all their Warlocks contracts. Or set up a camp for Drow who need a place to get used to sunlight in artificial light on Horizon. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 05, 2020 10:23 pm

[Common Room]

"What can I tell you about the Letter Bees Sodalis?"
Crexia asked then she nodded.
"Yes we should take it up with out friends here. I can ask them if you wish and we will see if they have any ideas or would want such a solution."

"That sounds good. Well, in that case you can help with me understanding as well. Of course I'd want the parameters to be correct, the calling and what they would receive in turn, as well as how to best match their purpose and nature, as this may be a dangerous task for them." It was clear that asking spirits to help them with something that put them at risk was an important thing to consider, when it came both to compensation and ethical considerations, or unintended consequences.

// I'm still waiting for the Dreaming to tempt the party because one of them saw a sword stuck in a rock and someone decided to have a go. Or Thor's hammer just...standing there.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 05, 2020 10:55 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

'Okay. Any suggestions on how to do this which doesn't have us like physically looking in every room?' looking to the others, clearly wanting "options".

Anja's Post:

'Just drain it... and you can look at the nice things after the mission is done.' Nicole replied, with a firm edge. 'Oh, and I call the rifle on the roof.' giving a little grin.

Anja's Post:

A slight frown on this, began to pat down her armpit and side, making sure the round hadn't lodged itself there on the rebound.

Anja's Post:

'What are they?' Nicole replied quizzically, taking the pills but reaching for her own canteen to wash them down with. 'And can't you simply pack it? Bandage on burn...'

[Might knock a bit of the innocence out of him. Watching Nick scowl, flex and occasionally punch things is one thing, watching her come back after quite obviously having killed several people at close quarters is another.]

[Make Nick be Flavian's guard. *evil smirk*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 05, 2020 11:11 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:You managed to pull off a flurry of attacks, your character was fast and Servants for all of his raw power was not, Seong Mi-na manages to knock her opponent of his feet and prevent him from getting back up twice until Kyle managed to have the possessed pirate kick his pole ax wielding opponent out of the way so he could get up and start a counter attack. At least the gap in health had be been lessened though Servantes still had the upper hand, he launched into another special move intending to end the round but missed his quicker opponent. Kyle swore under his breath.

With the miss came an opportunity that Serge made sure to capitalize on. Unleashing another series of swift pole ax attacks before Servantes could recover from the missing his attack and ending it with a special move in order to know out a large chuck of Servantes's health.

(OOC: Serge is absolutely fucked if the Dreaming decides to tempt them lol. He absolutely would not be able to resist that.)

(OOC2: It'll definitely shake him a bit but his innocence has survived plenty. He's seen a lot of freaky shit lately. )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 05, 2020 11:28 pm

Anja wrote:"Well blasts do sound like him...and if they got rid of a sniper in the process so much the better."
Helena said with a nod.
Colin nodded, "And they've got Miss Bouchard with them - she's quite the juggernaut; capable tactician, too. I trust that between the two of them, they'll bring everyone home alive and without too much extra work for Master Nassa or Dr. Lee."

Anja wrote:"Agreed."
The Hermetic said simply.
"Perhaps I should stay here and watch him until another guard could be arranged, just to be sure."
You got a reply back from Narim which said.
"I will see what I can do and who is available."
He nodded, "Master Sharaya says he'll see what he can do. I'll check back in on the way down again, alright?"

Anja wrote:"I am sure they have, I have every confidence in the capabilities of my little brother and Lady Crexia."
Helena replied confidently.
He grinned as he left the room to head for Kyle's apartment, "That makes two of us."

Getting there, he gently knocked on the door.

((OOC: Oh, phooey. Next thing you know you're gonna tell me Colin can't go camping on the island for a little genocide hunting excursion? Wink ))

((OOC2: Also, if Colin were presented with a sword thrust into a stone, he'd not touch the soddin' thing. Family history, y'know. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 8:05 am

Colin nodded, "And they've got Miss Bouchard with them - she's quite the juggernaut; capable tactician, too. I trust that between the two of them, they'll bring everyone home alive and without too much extra work for Master Nassa or Dr. Lee."

"Let us home they all return safely yes and I agree I might not like Miss Bouchard much personally but I can not deny that she is a skilled tactician and good to have at hour side in a fight."
Helena said with a nod.

He nodded, "Master Sharaya says he'll see what he can do. I'll check back in on the way down again, alright?"

"Very well, I will stay here in the meantime."
The Hermetic said and she sat down in a chair next to Flavian's bed.

He grinned as he left the room to head for Kyle's apartment, "That makes two of us."

Helena smiled at that and nodded.

[Kyle's Room]

With the miss came an opportunity that Serge made sure to capitalize on. Unleashing another series of swift pole ax attacks before Servantes could recover from the missing his attack and ending it with a special move in order to know out a large chuck of Servantes's health.

Your attacks hit Servantes while he was trying to recover and with the special move Servantes now had less health than you did, but then the pirate turned and stabbed his opponent in the gut with his cursed bladed again and bent backwards to small her into the ground, ending the game in Kyle's favor, the kid was good with games and his thin fingers was fast. Just as the game ended there was a knock on the door.
"Good game."
Kyle said with a smile as Stephen got up to answer the door.

Getting there, he gently knocked on the door.

Stephen opened the door and he gave you a bow.
"Mr Wainwright...come in."
The apprentice said. You heard computer game noises in the background, you saw Kyle and Serge playing a game. Kyle got up and he bowed to you as well.
"Hi Mr Wainwright."

[Abandoned Hospital]

'Okay. Any suggestions on how to do this which doesn't have us like physically looking in every room?' looking to the others, clearly wanting "options".

"As the app seam to be shaky and other types of divination magick seam to be affected by their wards, I am not sure we have allot of good options Ma'am."
Alicia said.
"Hum...we might go right for the biggest sources of magick."
Antonio suggested.
"Even if the ward interferes we might still be able to feel that."

'Just drain it... and you can look at the nice things after the mission is done.' Nicole replied, with a firm edge. 'Oh, and I call the rifle on the roof.' giving a little grin.

"Rifle? Ehm...ah yes sure."
The Scribe said clearly having no interest in that as he wrote in his note book.
"Ok the statue is drained and all it's Quint is now in my book."
He announced and he waved the note book triumphantly in the air to demonstrate that point.

A slight frown on this, began to pat down her armpit and side, making sure the round hadn't lodged itself there on the rebound.

You did not find a bullet.

What are they?' Nicole replied quizzically, taking the pills but reaching for her own canteen to wash them down with. 'And can't you simply pack it? Bandage on burn...'

"A pretty regular pain killer."
Axel said then he nodded.
"Yes if you prefer I can do that."

[Common Room]

That sounds good. Well, in that case you can help with me understanding as well. Of course I'd want the parameters to be correct, the calling and what they would receive in turn, as well as how to best match their purpose and nature, as this may be a dangerous task for them." It was clear that asking spirits to help them with something that put them at risk was an important thing to consider, when it came both to compensation and ethical considerations, or unintended consequences.

Crexia nodded.
"They are part of the bug consciousness of spirits, they are more of a swarm than anything else the swarm being self aware. Their domain is guardians of the River of Words and words themselves, they are protectors and representations of words. Alone a Letter Bee is not powerful, but their queens and as a swarm they are powerful protectors. Good gifts for them would be words, or things to do with words like books or anything with writing on them."
She replied with a nod.
"Yes it might endanger them but I believe they should as a swarm be powerful enough to take care of themselves Sodalis."

(OOC: The Dreaming would so get half the Cabal tempted.)
(OOC 2: I am sure Flavian would love Nicole as his guard.)
(OOC 3: Going Avatar Eater hunting is fine, then buying the island and setting up a camp to get light sensitive elves used to sunlight under less bright artificial suns might make some annoyed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 06, 2020 10:21 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:Your attacks hit Servantes while he was trying to recover and with the special move Servantes now had less health than you did, but then the pirate turned and stabbed his opponent in the gut with his cursed bladed again and bent backwards to small her into the ground, ending the game in Kyle's favor, the kid was good with games and his thin fingers was fast. Just as the game ended there was a knock on the door.
"Good game."
Kyle said with a smile as Stephen got up to answer the door.

"You too." Serge said with a sigh, trying not to sound bitter about losing. As he heard the knock he turned to look to see who it was.

Anja wrote:Stephen opened the door and he gave you a bow.
The apprentice said. You heard computer game noises in the background, you saw Kyle and Serge playing a game. Kyle got up and he bowed to you as well.
"Hi Mr Wainwright."

"Oh! Hey Mr. Wainwright" Serge said cheerfully turning to wave at his cabal leader. "Didn't expect to see you here. Looking for something?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 10:28 am

[Kyle's Room]

"You too." Serge said with a sigh, trying not to sound bitter about losing. As he heard the knock he turned to look to see who it was.

"You played really well Sir, it is just that this is one of my favorite fighting games...you should see my roster of custom characters."
Kyle said with a smile before the knock on the door.

"Oh! Hey Mr. Wainwright" Serge said cheerfully turning to wave at his cabal leader. "Didn't expect to see you here. Looking for something?"

Kyle sipped his cooling cocoa and looked at the Orphan.
"I have made hot cocoa...well more luke warm cocoa now since I got busy with a game, would you like a cup Mr Wainwright? I also have coffee."
The young Hermetic offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 06, 2020 11:32 am

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:Stephen opened the door and he gave you a bow.
"Hi Mr Wainwright."
Jeremy wrote:"Oh! Hey Mr. Wainwright" Serge said cheerfully turning to wave at his cabal leader. "Didn't expect to see you here. Looking for something?"
Anja wrote:Kyle sipped his cooling cocoa and looked at the Orphan.
"I have made hot cocoa...well more luke warm cocoa now since I got busy with a game, would you like a cup Mr Wainwright? I also have coffee."
He smiled, "Hello, Stephen. Serge, Kyle. Actually, I came to see you, Kyle. And, ah, I'll pass on the cocoa; you and I just had a cup of tea. Er... you might want to stay seated for this."

((OOC: Nine out of ten Traditions (I count the Hollow Ones in this) don't actually have laws against dealing with Fae, I believe, so the Order is kind of in the minority in that regard. Besides, it'd be a philanthropic effort; what rational grounds would the annoyed individuals have for protesting if Colin bought the island fair and square? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 12:07 pm

[Kyle's Room]

He smiled, "Hello, Stephen. Serge, Kyle. Actually, I came to see you, Kyle. And, ah, I'll pass on the cocoa; you and I just had a cup of tea. Er... you might want to stay seated for this."

"Okey I can sit down."
Kyle said and he sat so and he put his cup of cocoa on the table.
"Is something wrong Sir?"
He asked a bit nervously.

(OOC: Well the Order of Hermes can deal with the fae they just can't molest them. However these faw do not look like the happy critters in children's books so while there might be no legal grounds for protest some esteemed Traditionalists might scowl at Colin, they will however take the old looking coins he seam to be paid for his camp though, there is some nice metal in there. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 06, 2020 12:27 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"Okey I can sit down."
Colin smiled, "Not precisely. Quite the contrary, in fact; in about nine and a half years, we're going out for a cup of tea and a small chat as you visit Horizon for a few days. The trial will work out just fine, you'll get Branded, which is a pain, but you'll still be the same, gentle kid, working magic under Chief Morgan's tutelage."
His expression turned more serious, "There's something we should discuss regarding Danielle, though - and we should most certainly have her partake in the discussion. Right now, the two of you are a sweet couple, but in ten years... well, you'll grow up to be a fine, good man. Therein lies the point of concern for you..."
He glanced sideways at Serge, "And we might need your help, too..."

((OOC: The coins won't necessarily be old-looking, just old-fashioned - most of them will likely have been minted within the past few decades or so. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 12:57 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Kyle looked at you for a moment then he asked his eyes wide.
"So you have seen me in the future...complete...that I only get Branded? I mean getting Branded would suck, it would suck allot but you get better from that...and as long as I get to keep my magick that is ok."
He muttered a bit hopefully.
"Did you have a vision about this Mr Wainwright?"
The boy asked then he blushed as the topic went to Danielle.
"I ehm...talking with Danielle...well we can do that if my Mentor let me...he says someone else have to take her as a Custos first so that it is legal for me to contact her..."
He muttered missing the point.
"Yeah sure I will grow up but I will always love Danielle Sir, she is so beautiful, and kind and nice and wonderful."
The young mage said before he blushed again and Stephen had to fight not to giggle.

(OOC: Well real metal coins are more likely to be accepted as currency on Horizon than paper money, so they will think the visiting elves look creepy but have no problem accepting the money you got out of the deal. I mean one can complain and be practical at the same time. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:Kyle looked at you for a moment then he asked his eyes wide.
"So you have seen me in the future...complete...that I only get Branded? I mean getting Branded would suck, it would suck allot but you get better from that...and as long as I get to keep my magick that is ok."
Colin nodded, "I was taken forward to see the reincarnation of one of our current prisoners..."
He frowned, "Ah, Serge? If you visit the infirmary, don't check on the curtained-off patient. That's a clear and direct order from your Cabal leader."

Anja wrote:The boy asked then he blushed as the topic went to Danielle.
"I ehm...talking with Danielle...well we can do that if my Mentor let me...he says someone else have to take her as a Custos first so that it is legal for me to contact her..."
"Yeah sure I will grow up but I will always love Danielle Sir, she is so beautiful, and kind and nice and wonderful."
The young mage said before he blushed again and Stephen had to fight not to giggle.
He nodded, "We'll have to discuss with your Mentor how we'll arrange the meeting, certainly. And yes, you'll always love Danielle, that's... why you were having difficulties, nine years from now. You'll grow and change, and she won't..."

((OOC: Ah, yes, hypocrisy. oldest tradition of them all. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 1:24 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin nodded, "I was taken forward to see the reincarnation of one of our current prisoners..."
He frowned, "Ah, Serge? If you visit the infirmary, don't check on the curtained-off patient. That's a clear and direct order from your Cabal leader."

"I guess this prisoner is going to die then?"
Kyle said with a sigh and he looked down.
"And you met me, nine and a half years into the future? And you are sure I was complete? That I was still a mage?"

He nodded, "We'll have to discuss with your Mentor how we'll arrange the meeting, certainly. And yes, you'll always love Danielle, that's... why you were having difficulties, nine years from now. You'll grow and change, and she won't..."

"But love overcome all right. I mean Danielle look fifteen but she is like thirty five years old, she have been a Risen for twenty years so it should not matter if I eventually will look older than her? We might have to be careful in sleeper society but among mages that is understandable right? I mean it happens all the time. Master Telar looks like she is like twenty and she...is allot older I ehar and my Mentor look like he is what...forty five? Fifty? And he is at least three hundred."
Kyle said and he blushed again.
"I mean if Danielle would like to...ehm like to go out with me it should not matter that she is a Risen and I am a human mage..."

(OOC: Indeed so a very old tradition that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 06, 2020 2:04 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Anja wrote:"I guess this prisoner is going to die then?"
Kyle said with a sigh and he looked down.
"And you met me, nine and a half years into the future? And you are sure I was complete? That I was still a mage?"
Colin nodded, "She will, I'm afraid... On the bright side, she won't make it to be sentenced on Horizon, and she'll be reborn to become a Traditionalist, so that's a small blessing, I suppose... And yes, you were most certainly complete. You even showed me a neat trick you'd learned from Master Sharaya, though you'd needed a bit of help to adapt it. I'm not going to tell you more about that, though; spoilers and all that."

Anja wrote:"But love overcome all right. I mean Danielle look fifteen but she is like thirty five years old, she have been a Risen for twenty years so it should not matter if I eventually will look older than her? We might have to be careful in sleeper society but among mages that is understandable right? I mean it happens all the time. Master Telar looks like she is like twenty and she...is allot older I ehar and my Mentor look like he is what...forty five? Fifty? And he is at least three hundred."
"I mean if Danielle would like to...ehm like to go out with me it should not matter that she is a Risen and I am a human mage..."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I think she'll be quite inclined to go out with you... and you think it won't matter now, but within a decade... you'll feel different about it. She'll still be fifteen in her heart and mind, and much as you'll love one another, you will still begin to feel like one of those creeps who are well out of college, and still go dating high schoolers. It's... not a good look in any society. It's different with fully grown adults, as I'm sure you'll see soon enough, but it's why I offered future you to have this chat with you, to see if we can offer Danielle a new lease of life. I know of one spell that can do it, and it might be possible to use Jace's cloning technology for it, too - though that might prove a little trickier in some ways - but if she doesn't want to, that'll be the end if it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 06, 2020 2:10 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:Kyle sipped his cooling cocoa and looked at the Orphan.
Colin wrote:He smiled, "Hello, Stephen. Serge, Kyle. Actually, I came to see you, Kyle. And, ah, I'll pass on the cocoa; you and I just had a cup of tea. Er... you might want to stay seated for this."
Anja wrote:"Okey I can sit down."
Colin wrote:Colin smiled, "Not precisely. Quite the contrary, in fact; in about nine and a half years, we're going out for a cup of tea and a small chat as you visit Horizon for a few days. The trial will work out just fine, you'll get Branded, which is a pain, but you'll still be the same, gentle kid, working magic under Chief Morgan's tutelage."
His expression turned more serious, "There's something we should discuss regarding Danielle, though - and we should most certainly have her partake in the discussion. Right now, the two of you are a sweet couple, but in ten years... well, you'll grow up to be a fine, good man. Therein lies the point of concern for you..."
He glanced sideways at Serge, "And we might need your help, too..."

"My help? I'm not exactly a ghost expert." Serge said curious as to what his cabal leader saw regarding Kyle's ghost girlfriend. "Its nice to hear the trial goes well though. That's gotta be a load off a lot people's shoulders."

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "I was taken forward to see the reincarnation of one of our current prisoners..."

"Ehmmm...ok?" Serge said, a little concerned over his cabal leader's unusually stern warning and wondering who exactly was the curtained-off patient.

Anja wrote:Kyle looked at you for a moment then he asked his eyes wide.
The boy asked then he blushed as the topic went to Danielle.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "We'll have to discuss with your Mentor how we'll arrange the meeting, certainly. And yes, you'll always love Danielle, that's... why you were having difficulties, nine years from now. You'll grow and change, and she won't..."
Anja wrote:"But love overcome all right. I mean Danielle look fifteen but she is like thirty five years old, she have been a Risen for twenty years so it should not matter if I eventually will look older than her? We might have to be careful in sleeper society but among mages that is understandable right? I mean it happens all the time. Master Telar looks like she is like twenty and she...is allot older I ehar and my Mentor look like he is what...forty five? Fifty? And he is at least three hundred."
Anja wrote:He smiled thinly, "Oh, I think she'll be quite inclined to go out with you... and you think it won't matter now, but within a decade... you'll feel different about it. She'll still be fifteen in her heart and mind, and much as you'll love one another, you will still begin to feel like one of those creeps who are well out of college, and still go dating high schoolers. It's... not a good look in any society. It's different with fully grown adults, as I'm sure you'll see soon enough, but it's why I offered future you to have this chat with you, to see if we can offer Danielle a new lease of life. I know of one spell that can do it, and it might be possible to use Jace's cloning technology for it, too - though that might prove a little trickier in some ways - but if she doesn't want to, that'll be the end if it."

"What a fine rom com you'll live in." Serge said with a chuckle, making no attempts to hide his amusement over Kyle's young love.

"And it's sounds like everything is gonna work out. If you've already got a spell to solve all of the weird future ethical problems then that's that right? Nothing to be worried about now. Love wins out in the end, as it always does."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 2:23 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin nodded, "She will, I'm afraid... On the bright side, she won't make it to be sentenced on Horizon, and she'll be reborn to become a Traditionalist, so that's a small blessing, I suppose... And yes, you were most certainly complete. You even showed me a neat trick you'd learned from Master Sharaya, though you'd needed a bit of help to adapt it. I'm not going to tell you more about that, though; spoilers and all that."

"It is a shame she will die but considering what will happen to her if she live it is for the best."
Kyle said with a sigh.
"Ah...yes probably best with not to many spoilers or they might not come true? But I learn a spell from Master Sharaya...then I have to be a mage then, my Avatar have to be okey then right?"
He said with a slight smile.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I think she'll be quite inclined to go out with you... and you think it won't matter now, but within a decade... you'll feel different about it. She'll still be fifteen in her heart and mind, and much as you'll love one another, you will still begin to feel like one of those creeps who are well out of college, and still go dating high schoolers. It's... not a good look in any society. It's different with fully grown adults, as I'm sure you'll see soon enough, but it's why I offered future you to have this chat with you, to see if we can offer Danielle a new lease of life. I know of one spell that can do it, and it might be possible to use Jace's cloning technology for it, too - though that might prove a little trickier in some ways - but if she doesn't want to, that'll be the end if it."

Kyle looked like he was about to start protesting. He did not see how he would feel in the future, he was a teenager in love and he could not see anything than him and Danielle forever, then he heard the rest of what you where saying.
"You really think Danielle can be brought back to life? That...would be wonderful, if she agree off course."
He said eagerly then he sigh.
"I am not sure I should be a part of such a talk though. I don't want her to make such a important decision for my sake, and also I don't want her to think I would prefer her as a living girl...I mean I love her just as she is...I do...I don't want her to get the wrong idea..."
The young Hermetic assured you.
"But if Danielle want to become human and it is possible...that would be great."

[Kyle's Room]

"My help? I'm not exactly a ghost expert." Serge said curious as to what his cabal leader saw regarding Kyle's ghost girlfriend. "Still, its nice to hear the trial goes well. That's gotta be a load off a lot people's shoulders."

"Yeah...I hope this premonition are right, that I will be okey after the trial..."
The young Hermetic replied.

"What a fine rom com you'll live in." Serge said with a chuckle, making no attempts to hide his amusement over Kyle's young love.

Kyle blushed even more.
"No...no nothing like that I ehm well I..."
He said and he was suddenly very preoccupied by his own fingers and he grew ever redder.

"And it's sounds like everything is gonna work out. If you've already got a spell to solve all of the weird future ethical problems them then that's that right?"

"But...but there are no ethical problem, if me and Danielle both want to be together...what is the problem...I mean I think she maybe...like me perhaps...you know a little."
Kyle exclaimed then he blushed again and occupied himself pressing the fingertips of his index fingers together and looking away from everyone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 06, 2020 2:43 pm

[Kyle's Room]
Jeremy wrote:"Ehmmm...ok?" Serge said, a little concerned over his cabal leader's unusually stern warning and wondering who exactly was the curtained-off patient.
Colin gave Serge a stern, firm look, then nodded, "Good."

Anja wrote:"It is a shame she will die but considering what will happen to her if she live it is for the best."
Kyle said with a sigh.
"Ah...yes probably best with not to many spoilers or they might not come true? But I learn a spell from Master Sharaya...then I have to be a mage then, my Avatar have to be okey then right?"
He nodded and smiled, "Quite. And you will indeed have to be quite capable of his favourite aspect of magic, though you'll rely on pen and paper instead of electronics."

Jeremy wrote:"My help? I'm not exactly a ghost expert." Serge said curious as to what his cabal leader saw regarding Kyle's ghost girlfriend. "Its nice to hear the trial goes well though. That's gotta be a load off a lot people's shoulders."
Anja wrote:"Yeah...I hope this premonition are right, that I will be okey after the trial..."
He nodded, "It's not as a ghost specialist you'd be needed, but as a psychologist. It'd be good practice for when you, ah... spoilers again."
He gave Serge a sly grin, then turned back to Kyle, "My predictions are quite accurate as to what will happen unless events are deliberately altered - it would be quite a tall order to change the outcome of the trial Master Tolle will so expertly run."

Anja wrote:Kyle looked like he was about to start protesting. He did not see how he would feel in the future, he was a teenager in love and he could not see anything than him and Danielle forever, then he heard the rest of what you where saying.
"You really think Danielle can be brought back to life? That...would be wonderful, if she agree off course."
"I am not sure I should be a part of such a talk though. I don't want her to make such a important decision for my sake, and also I don't want her to think I would prefer her as a living girl...I mean I love her just as she is...I do...I don't want her to get the wrong idea..."
"But if Danielle want to become human and it is possible...that would be great."
He nodded, "I think perhaps you should be there with her, to make clear that you'll support whatever decision she will make; after all, none of us have an actual vote in the matter, we can only provide the offer. As a bonus, it would also mean she'd no longer be depending on her cat, though she'd still be quite able to love and care for it."

Jeremy wrote:"What a fine rom com you'll live in." Serge said with a chuckle, making no attempts to hide his amusement over Kyle's young love.
Anja wrote:Kyle blushed even more.
He said and he was suddenly very preoccupied by his own fingers and he grew ever redder.
He chuckled softly, "Serge, it's bad form to tease the security chief's apprentice, you know."

Jeremy wrote:"And it's sounds like everything is gonna work out. If you've already got a spell to solve all of the weird future ethical problems then that's that right? Nothing to be worried about now. Love wins out in the end, as it always does."
Anja wrote:"But...but there are no ethical problem, if me and Danielle both want to be together...what is the problem...I mean I think she maybe...like me perhaps...you know a little."
Kyle exclaimed then he blushed again and occupied himself pressing the fingertips of his index fingers together and looking away from everyone.
He smiled thinly, "There's no such thing as a spell that will solve all the weird future ethical problems... At best, it can shuffle the ethical issues around to something that can be addressed in the present and resolved, but even when you manage to work a miracle, the perfect solution doesn't exist... just ones that are good enough to get the job done. In this case, the Song of Orpheus can give Danielle a new, full life, but with that comes a new set of issues; the sense of pain, which she hasn't experienced for twenty years and will need help getting used to, and that she'll need some practical help with adapting to the need for food and the other necessities of life... It will be a challenge, but I think it will be worth it to everyone involved."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 06, 2020 2:49 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Ah...yes probably best with not to many spoilers or they might not come true? But I learn a spell from Master Sharaya...then I have to be a mage then, my Avatar have to be okey then right?"

"Bet it's some kind of portal spell." he guessed. "That seems like something future Kyle would ask Master Sharaya for."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I hope this premonition are right, that I will be okey after the trial..."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "It's not as a ghost specialist you'd be needed, but as a psychologist. It'd be good practice for when you, ah... spoilers again."
He gave Serge a sly grin, then turned back to Kyle, "My predictions are quite accurate as to what will happen unless events are deliberately altered - it would be quite a tall order to change the outcome of the trial Master Tolle will so expertly run."

"Mr. Wainwright's premonitions are never wrong. You'll be fine." Serge said encouragingly. "Of course now I'm just curious about what I'm suppose to do. Saying spoilers just makes me more curious."

Anja wrote:Kyle blushed even more.

"Hahaha your so lucky. Lot of people would do anything to have a shot at your Japanese light novel love life." Serge teased.

Colin wrote:He chuckled softly, "Serge, it's bad form to tease the security chief's apprentice, you know."

"It's not teasing if I'm jealous." Serge said with a smirk.

Anja wrote:Kyle looked like he was about to start protesting. He did not see how he would feel in the future, he was a teenager in love and he could not see anything than him and Danielle forever, then he heard the rest of what you where saying.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "There's no such thing as a spell that will solve all the weird future ethical problems... At best, it can shuffle the ethical issues around to something that can be addressed in the present and resolved, but even when you manage to work a miracle, the perfect solution doesn't exist... just ones that are good enough to get the job done. In this case, the Song of Orpheus can give Danielle a new, full life, but with that comes a new set of issues; the sense of pain, which she hasn't experienced for twenty years and will need help getting used to, and that she'll need some practical help with adapting to the need for food and the other necessities of life... It will be a challenge, but I think it will be worth it to everyone involved."

Serge glanced at his cabal leader but said nothing. He had spent the better part of the die trying to figure out how to revive a dead spirit, including the very spell that his cabal leader spoke of. The circumstances were of course, quite different between the two ghosts. However the thing he kept bumping into was that reviving the dead seem to hurt all those involved in some way.

He didn't say anything though, trusting that his Cabal Leader researching skill were superior to his. Furthermore he didn't want to worry Kyle.

Anja wrote:"But...but there are no ethical problem, if me and Danielle both want to be together...what is the problem...I mean I think she maybe...like me perhaps...you know a little."

"From what Mr. Wainwright says, it sounds like you'll suffer from one of my greatest fears Kyle." Serge said somberly, "It sounds like you grow up. And your values may change slightly as an adult." the cultist shuddered a little at the thought, "But whatever hangups future Kyle has doesn't matter if that problem can be solved now. Best not worry about it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 06, 2020 3:12 pm

[Kyle's Room]

He nodded and smiled, "Quite. And you will indeed have to be quite capable of his favourite aspect of magic, though you'll rely on pen and paper instead of electronics."

"Well that makes sense Sir, if I was to use information magick it would probably be with pen and paper rather than with an computer and after all I Awakened with a teleportation spell so Correspondence is a Sphere I have an interest in."
Kyle said with a nod.

"Yeah Master Tolle is really good at what he do, but he also said my chances was only about seventy/thirty...but I guess you are usually right in your predictions Mr Wainwright."
The young Hermetic commented, he did look somewhat relieved.

He nodded, "I think perhaps you should be there with her, to make clear that you'll support whatever decision she will make; after all, none of us have an actual vote in the matter, we can only provide the offer. As a bonus, it would also mean she'd no longer be depending on her cat, though she'd still be quite able to love and care for it."

"Yeah...perhaps you are right but I don't want to pressure her in any way...as for Danielle's cat, it makes me wonder though what will happen to it when it have housed her Shadow for so long and then become a normal kitty again."
Kyle said and he chewed on his lower lip considering things.

He smiled thinly, "There's no such thing as a spell that will solve all the weird future ethical problems... At best, it can shuffle the ethical issues around to something that can be addressed in the present and resolved, but even when you manage to work a miracle, the perfect solution doesn't exist... just ones that are good enough to get the job done. In this case, the Song of Orpheus can give Danielle a new, full life, but with that comes a new set of issues; the sense of pain, which she hasn't experienced for twenty years and will need help getting used to, and that she'll need some practical help with adapting to the need for food and the other necessities of life... It will be a challenge, but I think it will be worth it to everyone involved."

"You really think that the Song of Orpheus will work on Danielle Mr Wainwright?"
The young widderslainte asked.
"Oh yeah...that is right Danielle don't feel pain and have not for many years that will probably be a bit of a shock for her if she choose to become human again."
He said with a concerned frown.
"Do you think you can help her with that Mr Yager?"
He asked and he turned towards Serge.

"Bet it's some kind of portal spell." he guessed. "That seems like something future Kyle would ask Master Sharaya for."

"Yeah...and if I use pen and paper it could be a scroll of town portal from Diablo 2..."
Kyle replied sounding all exited over this prospect.

"Mr. Wainwright's premonitions are never wrong. You'll be fine." Serge said encouragingly. "Of course now I'm just curious about what I'm suppose to do. If you need a psychologist my Mentor's nearby and is way better than anything I could do."

"Yeah I have heard that Mr Wainwright is seldom wrong when he have his visions, so that is a relief...as for a psychologist I am sure you will be really good at that one day Mr Yager."
Kyle said with a bit of a smile.

"Hahaha your so lucky. Lot of people would do anything to have a shot at your Japanese light novel love life." Serge teased.

This made the Hermetic apprentice fluster even more.
"I am...well it is not that...I ehm...I don't even know if Danielle like...me I mean I...I..."
He pushed his fingers together again and blushed bright red.

"From what Mr. Wainwright says, it sounds like you'll suffer from one of my greatest fears Kyle." Serge said somberly, "It sounds like you grow up. And your values may change slightly as an adult." the cultist shuddered a little at the thought, "But whatever hangups future Kyle has doesn't matter if that problem can be solved now. Best not worry about it."

"Well I...guess I have to grow up some time Mr Yager but I can not imagine feeling differently about Danielle...I mean she is...she is...so great...and wonderful and pretty."
Kyle said and he got a bit of a dreaming look in his eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 06, 2020 3:29 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Colin wrote:He nodded and smiled, "Quite. And you will indeed have to be quite capable of his favourite aspect of magic, though you'll rely on pen and paper instead of electronics."
Anja wrote:"Well that makes sense Sir, if I was to use information magick it would probably be with pen and paper rather than with an computer and after all I Awakened with a teleportation spell so Correspondence is a Sphere I have an interest in."
Kyle said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"Yeah...and if I use pen and paper it could be a scroll of town portal from Diablo 2..."
Kyle replied sounding all exited over this prospect.

"Wait...pen and paper!" Serge said, only now realizing what Colin had said, "Neat, so the same way I do it sometimes. We can be teleporting buddies."

Anja wrote:"Do you think you can help her with that Mr Yager?"
He asked and he turned towards Serge.

"Yeah, easily. I'm a master at forgetting pain. I've fallen down plenty of stairs when I wasn't paying attention and didn't feel a thing." he said proudly. "It's a simple spell really. And I can have it gradually fade so that she can get use to human pain."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I have heard that Mr Wainwright is seldom wrong when he have his visions, so that is a relief...as for a psychologist I am sure you will be really good at that one day Mr Yager."
Kyle said with a bit of a smile.

"....I don't know about that. My mentor is the psychologist. And I've always found my art to help people more than my words ever did." he said with a tone of uncertainty, "I don't think psychologies in my future. But I'll certainly do my best to help you if you ever need it."

Anja wrote:"Well I...guess I have to grow up some time Mr Yager but I can not imagine feeling differently about Danielle...I mean she is...she is...so great...and wonderful and pretty."
Kyle said and he got a bit of a dreaming look in his eyes.

"You'll still love her. That much is certain." Serge said softly, "The feelings you have right now are precious. Remember and cherish them for as long as you can."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next