Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 30 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Warpmind Sat May 30, 2020 9:53 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
S7trif3 wrote:"The second?"
Colin nodded, "The time spirit that tried to change Anna's timeline... wait... was that today? Or was it yesterday? It's all starting to blend a little together..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Thanks. My sora should probably be told also, as she's acting for the Chief, but be careful, we still don't have assurances about the security of our lines, yet." He shook his head. "My pater is going to have a few choice words when he finds out about this...I hope they're back soon."
He nodded and frowned, "Ah, I don't seem to have her number, actually... I'll make sure to let her know once I see her, unless you'd rather tell her first?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46 - Page 30 Empty Re: A Most Dangerous Gas, Angry Guests and Time Troubles IC Thread 46

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 30, 2020 10:09 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled a little. 'Your discretion is noted. I merely ask if you know what recorded Name to look up. I am reluctant to type it but it is a matter of public record all the same.

"I do not know your official name no but I can find out so you do not have to type it."
Jon replied.

"I see."

"Yeah but I think Miss Bouchard at times have problems wrapping her head around the fact that Cava likes both machines and fixing them and she likes pink and unicorn and girlie stuff."
Anna replied.
"I mean liking machines do not mean one have to be anti everything girlie."

"I will ask your father when I have time to set up our student learners then."

"That would be great...can I dad?"
Anna asked happily as she glanced over at Colin.

He put up his hands a bit in earnestness. "I have no intention of using them unless there's a good reason sir, I can only hope we agree what that means. Though I believe my past history does speak for itself on that."

"Yes you seam to have usually been fairly careful Mr Roth Hicks."
Wrinkle said but he still regarded you carefully.

He blew out a breath and looked at the others. "Right, I guess we'd better figure this out then..."

"We are going to figure it out we are not going to let anyone hurt you."
Anna replied in a reassuring tone of voice.

Colin smiled thinly, "I've spoken with one of your mother's old Craft, you know... Yes, she was a kind, good woman, and she is still fondly remembered. Some day next year, we might be able to visit them, or have them over as guests."

"It would be awesome to talk with someone who actually knew my mother...so meeting with her Craft would be great dad."
Anna replied happily.

He nodded, "So, starting lessons next year, then?"

"Jay...thank you dad!"
The young Orphan exclaimed happily and she bounced in her chair until she remembered that Wrinkle was there and looked down.
"Ehm...sorry."
She muttered.

He nodded thoughtfully, even reverently, then arched an eyebrow, "So it's not a unique occasion, then? All the same... we will treat it as a once-in-severeal-lifetimes event. Hum, do they take effect after the fact, or should they be enjoyed immediately prior to doing, well, the impossible?"

"I have made the candies before however it is not often so yes you are not likely to see their like again. The candies work after the fact, consume one once an working that cause Paradox have been done...and the Paradox from the working will dissolve."
Wrinkle explained.

He smiled wryly, "I suspect you're not the one he suspects would be more likely to use... shortcuts he might not approve of. But you might be able to talk us out of them."
He nodded, "But, no, these are for an explicit purpose, to protect the timeline and prevent dark alterations to it; using them to try to change history, even for the better, would be improper, possibly unless a positive shift might be incidentally effected in the process of preventing a negative one. But certainly not for something such as, say, traveling back in time to deliver an item that creates a stable temporal loop, or anything of that sort... right?"

"Indeed the candies are intended for this specific situation."
The Paradox Spirit confirmed.
"Other uses to...disrupt the time line is not advised."

He stood and bowed politely to Wrinkle as he left, then sat down slowly once he was gone, "Well... that's the second most terrified I've been today. But as you can see, he's quite the pleasant fellow, so long as you don't cross him..."

Anna looked fairly relieved as well.
"Yeah dad that was terrifying...I would not want to meet him when he is angry!"
Your apprentice exclaimed then she look puzzled.
"But where you scared dad? You did not look scared."

He nodded, "I believe Master Steelhaven will be the one most able to advise us in this matter - and the fewer people go, the better. Even if using the candies. I'll let Lady Crexia know while you're upstairs."
He leaned back and tapped out a message to Crexia, 'Wrinkle just left, ARH going to consult Master Steelhaven about sending someone back to the point where time is attempted changed; Anna is trying to slow down the Fallen Chronomancer. Wrinkle has blessed us in this matter.'

You got a reply back from Crexia that said.
"So Wrinkle did not have...Paradoxical business with you? Very well do you want me to come to your rooms and we can discuss what is our next course of action?"

[Master Steelhaven's Room]

He couldn't remember the last time he saw surprise on the elder magus's face, perhaps never. He nodded to him as he came inside. "No, no tea i just had some with a very...ah particular spirit. If you get my meaning, sir..."

"I felt his presence yes Sodalis...you had tea with him? Interesting. I hope none of our Chantrymates was harmed by his presence and that we are all still here."
George said with a bit of worry on his face.

He sighed. "It seems the Nephandi have taken a desperate route and are trying to get rid of me and my Etherite cabalmate, before we became mages. I guess we were together in an area at one point and that's when they're trying to kill us.

"Hum...yes that would explain the disturbances in time, do you know where and when you and your Cabalmate was in the past, where and when the Nephandi are attacking or do we need to find that out?"
The ancient Hermetic asked.

There are already ripples happening, and we need to stop it. We got some help from the spirit aformentioned, but time magick is not my forte sir. It seems we have to straighten this out or we will be...gone."

"Have a seat Mr Roth Hicks and we can discuss what options we have...it would be possible to send you and Miss Bouchard back there off course...or someone else, to stop the Nephandi plot, it is possible but risky."
George said as he sat down in his chair with a grunt and indicated that Adley should sit as well.
"Do you have any thoughts on this child?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 30, 2020 10:29 pm

[Abandoned Hospital]

Anja's Post:

A pause of thought, before giving a shrug, which turned into a wince. 'I'll go on the majority decision on this. You know my worries.' turning to continue dealing with the prisoner; clearly having delegated the decision to the group.

Anja's Post:

'Tell him we've secured two prisoners... seems about to secure the altar. Orders?' Nicole replied, tearing off a strip of tape one-handed, using one of her finger-blades to cut it.

[Pedantic point of the day: what *variant* of Greek does Adley know? If it's Classical, he's be only marginally better use in Athens in 2015 than Nicole would be...]

[It's the tea parties that throw her... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 30, 2020 10:37 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"That would be great...can I dad?"
Anna asked happily as she glanced over at Colin.
Anja wrote:"Jay...thank you dad!"
The young Orphan exclaimed happily and she bounced in her chair until she remembered that Wrinkle was there and looked down.
"Ehm...sorry."
She muttered.
Colin stifled a grin, "No need to apologise for being enthusiastic about learning, Sweetie."

Anja wrote:"It would be awesome to talk with someone who actually knew my mother...so meeting with her Craft would be great dad."
Anna replied happily.
He nodded, "Yes... I'm sure they have many stories to tell you about your heritage, too. And these are things you ought to know about."

Anja wrote:"I have made the candies before however it is not often so yes you are not likely to see their like again. The candies work after the fact, consume one once an working that cause Paradox have been done...and the Paradox from the working will dissolve."
Wrinkle explained.
He nodded, "Good... So we can gauge how badly we need to use them, rather than try to guess in advance how much we're about to upset things..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed the candies are intended for this specific situation."
"Other uses to...disrupt the time line is not advised."
He nodded, "Loud and clear, Sir. Presumably, not as efficient with other sorts of blatant work, then? If, say, someone hurled an immense fireball down a street to stop a group of the Fallen, it would not be as good at dealing with that source of paradox?"

Anja wrote:Anna looked fairly relieved as well.
"Yeah dad that was terrifying...I would not want to meet him when he is angry!"
Your apprentice exclaimed then she look puzzled.
"But where you scared dad? You did not look scared."
He smiled thinly, "Only an idiot would not be scared at his sudden appearance like that. But there is a difference between controlling your fear and using it as a focus for clear thought, and letting the fear control you, and make you do stupid things. You did well, Sweetie. Very, very well."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Crexia that said.
"So Wrinkle did not have...Paradoxical business with you? Very well do you want me to come to your rooms and we can discuss what is our next course of action?"
He grinned and replied, 'Please do, once everyone is calmed down. And it's a long story, but yes and no to the first question, and it's not as you would expect. At all.'

((OOC: I think it's come up before, Adley is fluent in both, I think? I could misremember? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 30, 2020 10:50 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Fortunae is not an Ars it is a House Sir."
Kyle replied.
"You are correct however that in the early days of the Order one did not think one could affect anything beyond the Lunar sphere and as fate was the realm of the Gods it was not believed one could affect that directly, so no luck or fate magick. Later this have been added to Vim, but just like some say Ars Temporis for Time magick I guess some could address luck workings so as well, but there are no official Hermetic Ars for either."

"Huh....guess I was mistaken. Dunno know how I got the house mixed with an Ars." Serge said, "Wait if older Hermetic didn't believe that Fate Magick was a thing, how did House Fortunae become a thing? Are they a newer house?"

Anja wrote:"I did not know there where wersharks Sir."
Stephen replied.
"I have heard of werrats though."
He added and Kyle nodded.
"You are originally from Westchapel are you not Mr Yager? Then it is probably that werfox we are thinking about."

"Yeah he's cool. Haven't seen his warform yet though but I have sketches of what I think it looks like." Serge said, "And yeah, that is the werefox I was talking about. Didn't know she was a werefox when I was there though. I'm not sure if she kept it hidden from me or if it just never came up."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 7:01 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Huh....guess I was mistaken. Dunno know how I got the house mixed with an Ars." Serge said, "Wait if older Hermetic didn't believe that Fate Magick was a thing, how did House Fortunae become a thing? Are they a newer house?"

"Yes House Fortunae is a newer House Sir, I am not sure when it joined the Order of Hermes though."
Kyle said.
"I believe they where founded as a minor House in 1910 as part of House Ex Miscellanea. But when the remains of House Mercere joined them as a lesser House under them House Fortunae was raised to Great House during the Grand Tribunal of 1936."
Stephen replied.

"Yeah he's cool. Haven't seen his warform yet though but I have sketches of what I think it looks like." Serge said, "And yeah, that is the werefox I was talking about. Didn't know she was a werefox when I was there though. I'm not sure if she kept it hidden from me or if it just never came up."

"Hard to say but I suspect the woman never found reason to just walk up to you and say hi I am a werfox."
Kyle said with a grin.
"How do you think Mr Coawa looks like in his war form?"
The young mage asked.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin stifled a grin, "No need to apologise for being enthusiastic about learning, Sweetie."

"Okey dad."
Anna said with a smile.
"And I do really want to learn but I did not want to appear rude to our guest."
She said looking nervously at Wrinkle who smiled.
"That is quite all right dear child, I do not mind a happy young one."

He nodded, "Yes... I'm sure they have many stories to tell you about your heritage, too. And these are things you ought to know about."

"What things should I know about my mother's Craft and heritage dad? What do you think they have to tell me?"
The little girl asked curiously.

He nodded, "Good... So we can gauge how badly we need to use them, rather than try to guess in advance how much we're about to upset things..."

Wrinkle nodded at that.

He nodded, "Loud and clear, Sir. Presumably, not as efficient with other sorts of blatant work, then? If, say, someone hurled an immense fireball down a street to stop a group of the Fallen, it would not be as good at dealing with that source of paradox?"

"That would be correct, I can not grant an allowance in parts of reality I do not serve, so these will work for what you call Time, not for casting a fireball or turning into a dragon in the middle of a crowded street, both of which I have heard of your kind doing, and while such are distributive to the Consensus they are also the concerns of others, not me."

He smiled thinly, "Only an idiot would not be scared at his sudden appearance like that. But there is a difference between controlling your fear and using it as a focus for clear thought, and letting the fear control you, and make you do stupid things. You did well, Sweetie. Very, very well."

"Thanks dad...but I was completely terrified...I have heard about that Paradox Spirit after all."
Anna replied with a shudder.

He grinned and replied, 'Please do, once everyone is calmed down. And it's a long story, but yes and no to the first question, and it's not as you would expect. At all.'

"Very well I will be right there then Mr Wainwright it seams the situation is calmer now that everyone was given some task to do."
You got as a reply from Crexia.

[Abandoned Hospital]

A pause of thought, before giving a shrug, which turned into a wince. 'I'll go on the majority decision on this. You know my worries.' turning to continue dealing with the prisoner; clearly having delegated the decision to the group.

"I will see what can be done but like I said getting rid of the bugs completely are likely to take some time."
Marian replied.

Tell him we've secured two prisoners... seems about to secure the altar. Orders?' Nicole replied, tearing off a strip of tape one-handed, using one of her finger-blades to cut it.

"The Chief asks if your team can secure the Altar if so we might need you here to help calm the rescuees down but if your team can not secure the altar alone do that first and when came down here."
Arn replied.

(OOC: Tea parties for the win.)
(OOC 2: Yeah I think Adley is fluent in both.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 31, 2020 7:57 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yes House Fortunae is a newer House Sir, I am not sure when it joined the Order of Hermes though."
Kyle said.
"I believe they where founded as a minor House in 1910 as part of House Ex Miscellanea. But when the remains of House Mercere joined them as a lesser House under them House Fortunae was raised to Great House during the Grand Tribunal of 1936."
Stephen replied.

"Dates have never been my forte in history lessons." said the cultist mage. "So House Flambeau specialized in Ars Ignem I'm guessing. But you mentioned a few other elements. Do they have Houses attached to them as well?"

Anja wrote:"Hard to say but I suspect the woman never found reason to just walk up to you and say hi I am a werfox."
Kyle said with a grin.
"How do you think Mr Coawa looks like in his war form?"
The young mage asked.

"I was just guessing from the other war forms that I've seen. My guess was something like an 8-10 feet tall tall humanoid with shark elements. Massive rippling muscles and whole body covered in that freaky shark skin. A dorsal fin sprouting out of its back and knife sized shark teeth sprouting out of its massive mouth attached to its shark shaped head. The hands will be elonganted as well, and look more like giant flippers that aid in swimming. A large shark tail as well that it can use to swat away enemies or accelerate them in the water." Serge said, describing it enthusiastically.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 8:21 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Dates have never been my forte in history lessons." said the cultist mage. "So House Flambeau specialized in Ars Ignem I'm guessing. But you mentioned a few other elements. Do they have Houses attached to them as well?"

"House Flambeau specialize in destruction and war magick, flames are often a part of that, it is not an element they are directly specialized in though many Flambeau do use fire magick, and no there are no other Houses specially for other elements, the Houses just like most Traditions was originally free standing magickal groups very few limit themselves to one element."
Stephen said.

"I was just guessing from the other war forms that I've seen. My guess was something like an 8-10 feet tall tall humanoid with shark elements. Massive rippling muscles and whole body covered in that freaky shark skin. A dorsal fin sprouting out of its back and knife sized shark teeth sprouting out of its massive mouth attached to its shark shaped head. The hands will be elonganted as well, and look more like giant flippers that aid in swimming. A large shark tail as well that it can use to swat away enemies or accelerate them in the water." Serge said, describing it enthusiastically.

"That could work Sir, I think perhaps very elongated hands might make it harder to fight though so they might not have that but the rest could work."
Kyle said.
"Well you could always ask the man what his war from is."
Stephen suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 31, 2020 8:39 am

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "The time spirit that tried to change Anna's timeline... wait... was that today? Or was it yesterday? It's all starting to blend a little together..."

"Of course," he said with a nod. "It's beginning to turn into one of those weeks again."

He nodded and frowned, "Ah, I don't seem to have her number, actually... I'll make sure to let her know once I see her, unless you'd rather tell her first?"

"I can also give you her number."

"I do not know your official name no but I can find out so you do not have to type it."
Jon replied.

''Let me know if you need anything.'

"Yeah but I think Miss Bouchard at times have problems wrapping her head around the fact that Cava likes both machines and fixing them and she likes pink and unicorn and girlie stuff."
Anna replied.
"I mean liking machines do not mean one have to be anti everything girlie."

He smiled a bit at that.

[Master Steelhaven's Room]

"I felt his presence yes Sodalis...you had tea with him? Interesting. I hope none of our Chantrymates was harmed by his presence and that we are all still here."
George said with a bit of worry on his face.

"No, he was trying to help, well help the timeline anyway."

"Hum...yes that would explain the disturbances in time, do you know where and when you and your Cabalmate was in the past, where and when the Nephandi are attacking or do we need to find that out?"
The ancient Hermetic asked.

"Well, I know it's before I awakened. Probably before she did too. I'm having someone look into it, though to get a more precise date and time."

"Have a seat Mr Roth Hicks and we can discuss what options we have...it would be possible to send you and Miss Bouchard back there off course...or someone else, to stop the Nephandi plot, it is possible but risky."
George said as he sat down in his chair with a grunt and indicated that Adley should sit as well.
"Do you have any thoughts on this child?"

He sat down and put his bag between his legs. "Honestly, I really don't know what to do. Clearly this mage has to stop us from killing us before we're supposed to die...but time magick is really confusing to me. We've got someone trying to slow down the...spread? I'm not sure if that's the right word...so we can do something."

// He can speak modern Greek and that is the one he teaches at school. But yeah he knows some older forms, he gave an assignment to Hannah about a classical Greek (Koine I think, I forget).

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 31, 2020 8:45 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"House Flambeau specialize in destruction and war magick, flames are often a part of that, it is not an element they are directly specialized in though many Flambeau do use fire magick, and no there are no other Houses specially for other elements, the Houses just like most Traditions was originally free standing magickal groups very few limit themselves to one element."
Stephen said.

"Whaaat? Really? That would've fit so well. Houses representing each of the elements." Serge said with light-hearted disbelief. "Ahh well. Limits suck so that's probably a good thing anyways. What elemental Ars do you guys wanna study? I know you'll get to all of them eventually but any specific ones you've had your sights on."

Anja wrote:"That could work Sir, I think perhaps very elongated hands might make it harder to fight though so they might not have that but the rest could work."
Kyle said.
"Well you could always ask the man what his war from is."
Stephen suggested.

"I think getting bitch slapped by a flipper with the strength of a train would hurt as well. Besides, I pictured that war form as better at fighting in the water more so than on land. The flipper would allow for more maneuverability in the water and could allow better use of their teeth." Serge said with a chuckle. "And I would ask him but he's always grumpy whenever I see him. Complaining about how there's no water anywhere nearby and that he'd rather be swimming."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 am

[Kyle's Room]

"Whaaat? Really? That would've fit so well. Houses representing each of the elements." Serge said with light-hearted disbelief. "Ahh well. Limits suck so that's probably a good thing anyways. What elemental Ars do you guys wanna study? I know you'll get to all of them eventually but any specific ones you've had your sights on."

"Like I said the Order is not based around elementalism, the four Classical elements are part o the Hermetic Corpus so they are represented but that is about it, the Houses have their own ideals and reasosn for doing what they do."
Stephen said.
"I will probably study Ignem though since that is what is used for ice magick, my Mentor will likely teach me that and streight up fire magick is good in a fight as well.."
He said and Kyle nodded.
"I already use fire magick so I will probably try to develop that further."

"I think getting bitch slapped by a flipper with the strength of a train would hurt as well. Besides, I pictured that war form as better at fighting in the water more so than on land. The flipper would allow for more maneuverability in the water and could allow better use of their teeth." Serge said with a chuckle. "And I would ask him but he's always grumpy whenever I see him. Complaining about how there's no water anywhere nearby and that he'd rather be swimming."

"Hurt yes, hurt as much as proper claws, no. I believe it is more likely that the war form is either optimized for fighting in water, in which case it would be far more streamlined and fish like or on land in which case it is not likely to have limbs useless on land."
Stephen replied.
"Well he could have two war forms you know one for land and one for the water."
Kyle suggested.
"That would make sense...and yeah asking a grumpy shapeshifter about his forms are probably not a wise move."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 9:41 am

[Casa Wainwright]

''Let me know if you need anything.'

"I will do so Adley."
Jon said.
"Well I should get on this then."

[Master Steelhaven's Rooms]

"No, he was trying to help, well help the timeline anyway."

"Well that would make sense, he is a guardian of time or at least the Consensus' idea of time after all."
George said with a nod.

"Well, I know it's before I awakened. Probably before she did too. I'm having someone look into it, though to get a more precise date and time."

"Very well though if you need any help finding the correct date I can probably scry that for you."
The ancient Hermetic offered.

He sat down and put his bag between his legs. "Honestly, I really don't know what to do. Clearly this mage has to stop us from killing us before we're supposed to die...but time magick is really confusing to me. We've got someone trying to slow down the...spread? I'm not sure if that's the right word...so we can do something."

"Well it is good that the alteration of the timeline is being slowed down, it would be quite disasterous if you and Miss Bouchard was killed in the past. The way I see it we have two ways we can react to this, one is to find this Nephandus trying to alter the timeline and take care of him the other is to send someone back to protect your younger selves."
George said.
"And I believe we should probably do both. The question is who to send back and in what manner, it oculd be someone sent back to protect your younger selves or sending you back to your younger selves to protect yourself."
The ancient Hermetic said.
"While we also get a strike team ready, the problem is that if the Chronomancer is in the Labyrinth getting at him will be complicated before we get that gas."

(OOC: Sorry I did not see your post at first Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 31, 2020 10:04 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Like I said the Order is not based around elementalism, the four Classical elements are part o the Hermetic Corpus so they are represented but that is about it, the Houses have their own ideals and reasosn for doing what they do."
Stephen said.
"I will probably study Ignem though since that is what is used for ice magick, my Mentor will likely teach me that and streight up fire magick is good in a fight as well.."
He said and Kyle nodded.
"I already use fire magick so I will probably try to develop that further."

"You ever thought about Ars Terram after you develop your firebending?" Serge asked nonchalantly. He secretly wanted Kyle to learn Earth Magick to continue the elemental uniqueness in Master Morgan's students. "Earth Magick is always powerful. Saved my life in the basement fight. And combining it with Ignem can lead to some powerful spells."

Anja wrote:"Hurt yes, hurt as much as proper claws, no. I believe it is more likely that the war form is either optimized for fighting in water, in which case it would be far more streamlined and fish like or on land in which case it is not likely to have limbs useless on land."
Stephen replied.
"Well he could have two war forms you know one for land and one for the water."
Kyle suggested.
"That would make sense...and yeah asking a grumpy shapeshifter about his forms are probably not a wise move."

"Shark skin is basically made out of a million tiny knives. So getting slapped by that would be similar to getting claws by a million tiny razor sharp knives." Serge replied with a chuckle. "Seriously, have you guys ever seen a close up of shark skin? It's crazy cool. Now add on the supernatural enhancement to that and you got a being you definitely don't want to hug."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 31, 2020 10:27 am

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"What things should I know about my mother's Craft and heritage dad? What do you think they have to tell me?"
The little girl asked curiously.
Colin shrugged slightly, "Anything and everything, I suppose? They might be able to tell you about where you were born, about the old Greek gods, about the craftsmanship your mother practiced, and so many things I don't know about her, either. I am fairly certain they follow the old Greek pantheon, though, since the first time you saw me, you thought I was Hephaestus."

Anja wrote:"That would be correct, I can not grant an allowance in parts of reality I do not serve, so these will work for what you call Time, not for casting a fireball or turning into a dragon in the middle of a crowded street, both of which I have heard of your kind doing, and while such are distributive to the Consensus they are also the concerns of others, not me."
He nodded, "So the limitations and restrictions are clearly defined... I will make sure they'll be obeyed for as long as they're in my care."

S7trif3 wrote:"Of course," he said with a nod. "It's beginning to turn into one of those weeks again."
He nodded, "At least this time, we've managed to get more done in shorter time, so it's at least turning into a shorter week..."

Anja wrote:"Thanks dad...but I was completely terrified...I have heard about that Paradox Spirit after all."
Anna replied with a shudder.
He smiled thinly, "Consider this, Sweetie, there are stories about Wrinkle. That means people have survived chatting with him. I would probably be more worried about a weaker Paradox spirit no-one knows the name of..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I can also give you her number."
He nodded, "Please do, you can text it to me at your convenience."

Anja wrote:"Very well I will be right there then Mr Wainwright it seams the situation is calmer now that everyone was given some task to do."
You got as a reply from Crexia.
He smiled thinly and started tidying up the teacups, keeping a wary eye on Anna as she worked, and just left the cups in water in the sink for now - there'd be time to wash them later.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 11:16 am

[Kyle's Room]

"You ever thought about Ars Terram after you develop your firebending?" Serge asked nonchalantly. He secretly wanted Kyle to learn Earth Magick to continue the elemental uniqueness in Master Morgan's students. "Earth Magick is always powerful. Saved my life in the basement fight. And combining it with Ignem can lead to some powerful spells."

"No not likely, yes it could be useful but it would mean dipping into Matter and I want to focus on what is covered by Prime, Forces and Correspondence for now, so likely it will be fire magick."
Kyle replied.

"Shark skin is basically made out of a million tiny knives. So getting slapped by that would be similar to getting claws by a million tiny razor sharp knives." Serge replied with a chuckle. "Seriously, have you guys ever seen a close up of shark skin? It's crazy cool. Now add on the supernatural enhancement to that and you got a being you definitely don't want to hug."

"Yes their skin would scrape that do not mean that a functional hand would not be more effective, and natural design tend to follow what is practical."
Stephen said simply.
"Flippers are simply not very practical on land."

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin shrugged slightly, "Anything and everything, I suppose? They might be able to tell you about where you were born, about the old Greek gods, about the craftsmanship your mother practiced, and so many things I don't know about her, either. I am fairly certain they follow the old Greek pantheon, though, since the first time you saw me, you thought I was Hephaestus."

"Yeah I guess you are right dad."
Anna said and she smiled a little.
"I only vaguely remember meeting you before you know, but yes probably they follow the old Greek Gods."
She agreed with a nod.
"Do you think they are like Choristers only Pagan? And also what sort of crafting did my mother do? Do you know?"

He nodded, "So the limitations and restrictions are clearly defined... I will make sure they'll be obeyed for as long as they're in my care."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I will entrust them to your care then."
Wrinkler said with a nod of his head in your direction.

He smiled thinly, "Consider this, Sweetie, there are stories about Wrinkle. That means people have survived chatting with him. I would probably be more worried about a weaker Paradox spirit no-one knows the name of..."

"Well that makes sense...but he is powerful, you could feel his Resonance, he is a force to be reckoned with."
Anna said with a nod.
"I would not want him mad at me."
She added with another shiver.

He smiled thinly and started tidying up the teacups, keeping a wary eye on Anna as she worked, and just left the cups in water in the sink for now - there'd be time to wash them later.

Anna kept working, changing the hand sigils she used every so often and she kept constantly muttering in Latin, it was clear the working took all of her concentration but for now she seamed to be fine. After you had put the cups away you heard a knock on your door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 31, 2020 1:45 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess you are right dad."
Anna said and she smiled a little.
"I only vaguely remember meeting you before you know, but yes probably they follow the old Greek Gods."
She agreed with a nod.
"Do you think they are like Choristers only Pagan? And also what sort of crafting did my mother do? Do you know?"
Colin sighed softly, "So many questions for which I don't have clear answers, Sweetie... We'll have to ask them."

Anja wrote:"Well that makes sense...but he is powerful, you could feel his Resonance, he is a force to be reckoned with."
Anna said with a nod.
"I would not want him mad at me."
She added with another shiver.
He smiled wryly, "Well, he'll come by to have a chat with us both about what we've done in the future, I'm afraid... Just make sure that whatever you decide to do will be worth it, and that you're ready to pay the price for what you did..."

Anja wrote:Anna kept working, changing the hand sigils she used every so often and she kept constantly muttering in Latin, it was clear the working took all of her concentration but for now she seamed to be fine. After you had put the cups away you heard a knock on your door.
He smiled at Anna, then strode over to open the door with a carefully neutral expression.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 1:49 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin sighed softly, "So many questions for which I don't have clear answers, Sweetie... We'll have to ask them."

"Yeah...I guess we will have to...but I want to know now."
Anna said with an impatient sigh.

He smiled wryly, "Well, he'll come by to have a chat with us both about what we've done in the future, I'm afraid... Just make sure that whatever you decide to do will be worth it, and that you're ready to pay the price for what you did..."

"Everything have a cost eh dad."
Anna said then she sigh again.
"Well when that day comes I will be ready to accept the cost of whatever it is I have done."

He smiled at Anna, then strode over to open the door with a carefully neutral expression.

You got to the door, Crexia waited outside.
"Is all well Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
"You said you needed my help?"

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 31, 2020 2:21 pm

[OOC: Then we are at 30 pages again so it is time for a summary of this tread and starting up a new one. I am a bit busy today so I have to write this down quickly, hopefully I will not be missing anything important.

Adley and Crexia manage to stop the mages from worchester leaving as they are pretty upset at not getting enough information about what is happening. Adley check on everyone after Mina's Master almost broke through the wards. Adley also try to calm down Kyle who is pretty terrified of the upcoming trial.

Colin takes care of Flavian. Later he have another visit to the future, this time ten years into the future where he speaks with Kyle who asks for advice on what to do about this relationship to Danielle now that he have grown into a man while she is still fifteen in body and mind. In the vision Colin meets a young Widderslainte, Mina's reincarnation, the girl speaks of an altar that can be used as a secondary way into the Labyrinth. Colin later learns that Jacob one of his shards was the original creator of this altar. Nicole are set to the task of finding this altar at the abandoned hospital.

Adley is worried about the names Mina heard and with the help of Crexia he summons a Letter Bee to ask them to safeguard the names. He also checks on Thomas. Colin go to speak with Kyle to calm the kid down telling him that he had seen him whole and well in the future, this do seam to work.

Tane continue to debate with Alessa about visiting the werewolves, the werspider is just not willing to put herself in risk and she do not want diplomatic relations with the Garou. Serge spend more time gaming with Kyle and Stephen the boys discuss various topics. Adley clear the air with Crexia assuring her that he never told Colin about her being a demigoddess, they have a talk after having contacted the Letter Bees. Colin discuss some ideas for keeping Anna safe during the upcoming fight, he also have a talk with Rick the House Thig member that will handle connecting the group with ops while in the Labyrinth.

Colin have a talk with his shards and learns more about the altar, he also talks with Lily Gray. Nicole and her team keep fighting in the abandoned hospital, getting past the group with the brass ram and clearings allot of rooms, eventually they find four enemies, taking two out, the other two surrenders and are secured. Nicole then are told that the Chief's team have found a room full of prisoners and that one of the prisoners are asking for Nicole. The two Nephandi Pawns who are captured also tell Nicole that they where guarding an altar.

Everyone prepare for war when Adley get a call from his mother she says she have lost all of his pictures after a certain point and that she found his obituary in the family photo album. Later everyone feel a static presence and Colin go to check his room, he finds that Wrinkle is visiting to say that a Nephandi Chronomancer are trying to kill Nicole and Adley before they become mages, he also give them some Paradox negating candies and some advice. Colin then invite Crexia to advice on the situation while Adley go to speak with Master Steelhaven. Anna is set to try to slow the Chronomancer down.

Ok I hope I did not miss to much, allot was taken care of in this thread. Everyone gets 2 exp for the thread and here is the link to the next IC theead: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t235-a-timely-rescue-the-green-marble-altar-and-battle-plans-ic-thread-47#38306 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30