Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:26 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.15]

Colin's Post:

'Well, obviously, and I think I could cut off some of the prep-time... but it don't get 'round the fact basically Silmex doesn't scale. But I'll see what I can do...'

'This date... is it possible that our actions between now and then might throw it off?' ending with a frown.

Anja's Post:

All done, Nicole came back out of the bathroom, got her bag and removed it from the couch. 'Okay, time to switch over.' she'll say to Serge, grabbing her duvet.

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.30]

Anja's Post:

'Someone needs to buy you a coffee machine for Christmas...' she'll mutter, filling the pan with water then putting it on the hob. While this was happening, she'll head back into the main room and grab her bag.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:03 pm

Nicole wrote:'Well, obviously, and I think I could cut off some of the prep-time... but it don't get 'round the fact basically Silmex doesn't scale. But I'll see what I can do...'

'This date... is it possible that our actions between now and then might throw it off?' ending with a frown.
Colin frowned, "Possible, yes... but it's the Union, not the Fallen. So a change of schedule is... less plausible, I think."

Anja wrote:Amadeus sigh, he looked like he wanted to say something but then decided better of it after all this was Colin's Cabal and his mess to solve.
He glanced at Amadeus, "Why don't we have a small word in private, later? I'm open to advice from more experienced Magi, after all."

Anja wrote:Helga was the one who opened the door, she had clearly been given the job of guarding the Hermetic while the person on guard had some other errand to do.
"Are you here to see the prisoner Mr Wainwright?"
The Cultist asked sourly.
"He is stil sleeping, I have only been here for like five minutes though, I was told he had been sleeping for a while though."
He nodded, "I've got to ask him an urgent question regarding his... former patron. Turns out a Meajin Incarna is about to try to attack Riverside and Westchapel; we're already calling in aid to try to prevent the summoning in the first place, and warning the Chantries. So I'm afraid his sleep is about to be rudely interrupted."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:45 pm

All done, Nicole came back out of the bathroom, got her bag and removed it from the couch. 'Okay, time to switch over.' she'll say to Serge, grabbing her duvet.

"Sleep well Miss Bouchard."
George said politely as he setteled down in his chair with a blanket and a book, half his mind on maintaining his spell the other on reading until his guests woke up.

He glanced at Amadeus, "Why don't we have a small word in private, later? I'm open to advice from more experienced Magi, after all."

"Very well as soon as I return from the past then."
The old Verbena agreed.

He nodded, "I've got to ask him an urgent question regarding his... former patron. Turns out a Meajin Incarna is about to try to attack Riverside and Westchapel; we're already calling in aid to try to prevent the summoning in the first place, and warning the Chantries. So I'm afraid his sleep is about to be rudely interrupted."

Helga's eyes widened then she nodded.
"Damned Nephandi they never let up do they, fuck them all to hell."
The Cultist grunted.
"I will go and shake the prisoner awake then."
She muttered sourly as she headed towards the bedroom yelling.
"Flavian, wake up we have some questions for you!"
From inside the room you heard the Hermetic groan.
"Fuck woman...I am magickally cripeled not deaf!"
The former Infernalist grumbeled.
"I am up I am up what is it now?"
He grunted as if he as compeating with Helga on who could sound the grumpiest."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Nicole wrote:All done, Nicole came back out of the bathroom, got her bag and removed it from the couch. 'Okay, time to switch over.' she'll say to Serge, grabbing her duvet.

"Switch over what?" Serge said craning his neck towards Nicole, "I said I was fine sleeping on the ground."

Anja wrote:George patted Serge on the shoulder as the group waited for Nicole to join them.
"How are you holding up child?"
The old man asked sounding concerned.

"I'm good. Currently trying to sort through information from 3 months worth of memories gleaned from 9 hours that were compressed into 5 minutes." Serge said, smiling slightly at that statement, "Little nervous about that upcoming spell. I shouldn't be though. Your doing most of the heavy lifting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 pm

[Steelhaven's rooms]

Colin smiled wryly, "I think perhaps she feels the most at home in the context of battle, or training for battle. Not entirely unlike a Spartan, back in the day. That also does lean toward a certain perceived superiority over those she hasn't seen perform on the battlefield, regardless of relative rank. We may have simply approached her from the wrong angle..."

"From what angle would that be from? You mean from the front? Politely? As an equal?" he said, wryly. He got up and fixed up the bedthings. "She's seen me fight plenty of times and we went shooting. I don't think it has much to do with that. And, far be it from me to guess the past but Spartans would not put up with insubordination of that caliber. Anyway, like I said, we've got more pressing issues like staying in existence."

[Steelhaven's rooms, later]

George gave a nod to this to dismiss his younger Sodalis.
"We will meet you in ritual chamber C then."
The old Hermetic replied.

"Anyone know where he might be, right now?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

[Steelhaven's rooms]

"From what angle would that be from? You mean from the front? Politely? As an equal?" he said, wryly. He got up and fixed up the bedthings. "She's seen me fight plenty of times and we went shooting. I don't think it has much to do with that. And, far be it from me to guess the past but Spartans would not put up with insubordination of that caliber. Anyway, like I said, we've got more pressing issues like staying in existence."

Again Amadeus said nothing, it was not his place to get involved in how another managed his Cabal, and especially not in public, but the old Verbena Master was clearly somewhat amused by Adley's words, despite how much he hated the young Hermetic.

"I'm good. Currently trying to sort through information from 3 months worth of memories gleaned from 9 hours that were compressed into 5 minutes." Serge said, smiling slightly at that statement, "Little nervous about that upcoming spell. I shouldn't be though. Your doing most of the heavy lifting."

"Well being a guide can be heavy lifting in and off itself."
George said with a nod.
"I am sure you will do well though child."

"Anyone know where he might be, right now?"

"If your Pater is back from the hospital run then cha nces are he is in on the ground floor taking care of the aftermath of the mission."
The Deacon Primus adviced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Colin's Post:

'Not if they spot any changes on our side.'

Anja's Post:

'Night.' she'll say to the Deacon, putting her box back in her bag.

Serge's Post:

'I'd prefer to be on the ground. I can't stretch out on the couch.'

My Post:

Grabbing her bag, Nicole will head off to the bathroom to quickly change into daywear; t-shirt, fresh pair of cargos and put in a set of steel studs. Then returned to the kitchen, to finish making the coffee.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 pm

'Not if they spot any changes on our side.'

"I have to agree with Miss Bouchard here, if the Union notice that we develop battle plans and get ourselves allies they might change their plan and day of attack."
Amadeus said with a frown

Grabbing her bag, Nicole will head off to the bathroom to quickly change into daywear; t-shirt, fresh pair of cargos and put in a set of steel studs. Then returned to the kitchen, to finish making the coffee.

You got the coffee ready as the other mages planned and got ready for the tasks at hand.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 am

Nicole wrote:'I'd prefer to be on the ground. I can't stretch out on the couch.'

"Sure thing." Serge said, getting up and taking his blanket over to the couch.

Anja wrote:"Well being a guide can be heavy lifting in and off itself."
George said with a nod.
"I am sure you will do well though child."

"I hope so. I mean it shouldn't be too hard. I am just guiding them to themselves." Serge said with a chuckle as he waited next to the Primus, pulling out a notepad and beginning to sketch something within it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:35 am

[Steelhaven's Apartment 12.15]

Anja's Post:

'Though... putting in some changes now wouldn't like be unexpected. After all, we did come under attack, any half-competent group would do a review and make good. Which means it's already been factored in to the future.'

Serge's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to this, sorting out her duvet and a pillow or two...

[Steelhaven's Apartment 12.30]

Anja's Post:

'Okay, so what's the plan, then? Have I got time to quickly pop over to the sickbay before... doing whatever needs to be done?' locating a coffee-grinder.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 am

'Though... putting in some changes now wouldn't like be unexpected. After all, we did come under attack, any half-competent group would do a review and make good. Which means it's already been factored in to the future.'

"That is true Miss Bouchard, it is hard to determine how the Union will react, but we know an attack is coming though exactly when and how might change depending on what they learn."
Amadeus replied with a frown.

"I hope so. I mean it shouldn't be too hard. I am just guiding them to themselves." Serge said with a chuckle as he waited next to the Primus, pulling out a notepad and beginning to sketch something within it.

"So it is child, you will be guiding your Cabalmates to themselves."
George said with a warm smile.
"And I think you will do very well, you are quite talented you know, whent he Deacons of the Tribunal meet your Mentor always brags about her talented student."
He said with a chuckle.
"The good doctor is very proud of you."

Okay, so what's the plan, then? Have I got time to quickly pop over to the sickbay before... doing whatever needs to be done?' locating a coffee-grinder.

"The plan is to send you and Mr Roth Hicks minds back to the past, together with Master Nassa and Mr Sherman."
The Deacon Primus said.
"We have already used more time than we should but it all go well you should return to your current bodies allmost at the same time as you left so you have time to visit the infirmary once this is done."
The old man replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:25 pm

Nicole wrote:'Not if they spot any changes on our side.'
Anja wrote:"I have to agree with Miss Bouchard here, if the Union notice that we develop battle plans and get ourselves allies they might change their plan and day of attack."
Amadeus said with a frown
Nicole wrote:'Though... putting in some changes now wouldn't like be unexpected. After all, we did come under attack, any half-competent group would do a review and make good. Which means it's already been factored in to the future.'
Anja wrote:"That is true Miss Bouchard, it is hard to determine how the Union will react, but we know an attack is coming though exactly when and how might change depending on what they learn."
Amadeus replied with a frown.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I did say I deemed it possible, but less plausible, but yes, I'll check in on it after the night's struggles are over. While I'd rather not scry on the day in question - I'm a bit leery of issues with trying to change directly observed events - I can look in on my own apartment at a point later, when I know I'm looking in and can say when the attack happened. That should at least help diminish the Paradox risk..."

Anja wrote:"Very well as soon as I return from the past then."
The old Verbena agreed.
He nodded, "Or as soon as there's the time and peace."

S7trif3 wrote:"From what angle would that be from? You mean from the front? Politely? As an equal?" he said, wryly. He got up and fixed up the bedthings. "She's seen me fight plenty of times and we went shooting. I don't think it has much to do with that. And, far be it from me to guess the past but Spartans would not put up with insubordination of that caliber. Anyway, like I said, we've got more pressing issues like staying in existence."
Anja wrote:Again Amadeus said nothing, it was not his place to get involved in how another managed his Cabal, and especially not in public, but the old Verbena Master was clearly somewhat amused by Adley's words, despite how much he hated the young Hermetic.
He smiled wryly, "In the interest of, well... almost everything, I can't rightly answer that the way I'd like to. There will be further talks when things calm down."

S7trif3 wrote:"Anyone know where he might be, right now?"
Anja wrote:"If your Pater is back from the hospital run then cha nces are he is in on the ground floor taking care of the aftermath of the mission."
He nodded, "Likely."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]
Anja wrote:Helga's eyes widened then she nodded.
"Damned Nephandi they never let up do they, fuck them all to hell."
The Cultist grunted.
"I will go and shake the prisoner awake then."
She muttered sourly as she headed towards the bedroom yelling.
"Flavian, wake up we have some questions for you!"
From inside the room you heard the Hermetic groan.
"Fuck woman...I am magickally cripeled not deaf!"
The former Infernalist grumbeled.
"I am up I am up what is it now?"
He grunted as if he as compeating with Helga on who could sound the grumpiest."
He smiled wryly and, shutting the door behind him, walked in to face Flavian, "I just need a simple answer to a simple question. Was your... Investor one Lord Steel the Duke of Hate?"

((OOC: Was off to the cinema yestereve. Sonic the Hedgehog was good. :3 Was off to the dentist today. Yay, done with repairs for now, next visit will be a regular checkup over New Year's. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I did say I deemed it possible, but less plausible, but yes, I'll check in on it after the night's struggles are over. While I'd rather not scry on the day in question - I'm a bit leery of issues with trying to change directly observed events - I can look in on my own apartment at a point later, when I know I'm looking in and can say when the attack happened. That should at least help diminish the Paradox risk..."

"That might be useful, but even if you check later in the day and find that the attack o nthe Chantry will go as planned that might change when we start coordinating with our allies and adding greater defences."
Amadeus replied.
"If the Union notice those added defences they might decide the change their plans."

He nodded, "Or as soon as there's the time and peace."

"Agreed."
The old Verbena said with a nod.

[Flavian's room, 12.30]

He smiled wryly and, shutting the door behind him, walked in to face Flavian, "I just need a simple answer to a simple question. Was your... Investor one Lord Steel the Duke of Hate?"

Flavian grunted he had risen up as much as he could considering the cuffs and was sitting on the bed but he quickly decided it was wiser to lay back down.
"Yes...he was."
The former Infernalist muttered.
"How did you guess?"

(OOC: I am glad the movie was fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:39 pm

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

He smiled wryly, "In the interest of, well... almost everything, I can't rightly answer that the way I'd like to. There will be further talks when things calm down."

"Yes, we can talk about it all more later. After we make sure there is a later."

If your Pater is back from the hospital run then cha nces are he is in on the ground floor taking care of the aftermath of the mission."
He nodded, "Likely."

He ducked a nod to everyone present and then took the notes from Colin downstairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:56 pm

[Steelhaven]

He ducked a nod to everyone present and then took the notes from Colin downstairs.

You came down to the lobby you saw Jeffry talking with a dark skinned goth kid you think was one of the mages from Worchester though you did not know him he had been out when you where presented to the rest.
"Very well Mr Gray if you can oversee the transport of the various items from the garage to the basement once they have been checked for Arcane connections and residues."
Your Mentor said and the kid named Gray bowed and headed towards the garage. Jeffry turned towards his young student with a tired smile.
"Mea filius, is all well with you?"
He asked sounding concerned.
"I was told about the time troubles."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 am

[Lobby]

effry turned towards his young student with a tired smile.
"Mea filius, is all well with you?"
He asked sounding concerned.
"I was told about the time troubles."

"Glad to see you sir," he said, glancing first at him to see if he was injured then again around at all the activity as he walked over to him. "Not much time, but unfortunately this needs your immediate attention," he said, discreetly handing him what Colin had drafted of their new problem.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:10 am

[Lobby]

"Glad to see you sir," he said, glancing first at him to see if he was injured then again around at all the activity as he walked over to him. "Not much time, but unfortunately this needs your immediate attention," he said, discreetly handing him what Colin had drafted of their new problem.

You saw some scratches on your Mentor but nothing beyond that but he was covered with soot and there was some blood but most of it did not seam to be his own.
"Glad to see you as well mea filius."
Jeffry said then he took the note and read it his eyes widening.
"Ah yes...this did need my attention indeed."
The old magus agreed.
"Is there any more information about this you can give me about this mea filius?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:37 am

[Lobby]

"Ah yes...this did need my attention indeed."
The old magus agreed.
"Is there any more information about this you can give me about this mea filius?"

He quickly checked to see what Colin had added last minute to see if he had anything to add to it, assuming he'd added the parts about what he suspected about the Incarna, his plan to talk to Flavian, Master Nassa's role and the plan with alerting the werewolf allies.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:00 am

[Lobby]

He quickly checked to see what Colin had added last minute to see if he had anything to add to it, assuming he'd added the parts about what he suspected about the Incarna, his plan to talk to Flavian, Master Nassa's role and the plan with alerting the werewolf allies.

It seamed to be the information Cplin had already spoken about yes. Jeffry still scowled over this new information but he did not say much about it here out in the open.
"The strike on the Labyrinth will go as planned but off course resources will have to be diverted to counter this new threat as well mea filius."
The old Hermetic said simply.

(OOC: As far as I remember that is exactly what the note contains yes. Warp please corect me if I am wrong.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:16 am

Anja wrote:"That might be useful, but even if you check later in the day and find that the attack o nthe Chantry will go as planned that might change when we start coordinating with our allies and adding greater defences."
Amadeus replied.
"If the Union notice those added defences they might decide the change their plans."
Colin smiled slyly, "Yes, well, as for me and my allies, we'll muster on very short notice... After all, why would the Union necessarily assume that Steelhaven Hall is getting bolstered by, say, someone in Chicago loading up for battle? Our having advance warning does give us the opportunity to assemble defense upgrades elsewhere and simply... move them in on the evening before the attack."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]
Anja wrote:Flavian grunted he had risen up as much as he could considering the cuffs and was sitting on the bed but he quickly decided it was wiser to lay back down.
"Yes...he was."
The former Infernalist muttered.
"How did you guess?"
He sighed, "Because he happens to be a tad miffed I've taken away two of his toys. I've received word that he's about to have a go at Riverside and Westchapel; I am guessing that means that those two Chantries are compromised by the presence of one or more of his Infernalists, which is not the case here anymore, meaning he can't slip through our Wards so easily... Obviously, we're already calling around to try to prevent the bloody Meajin Incarna from getting into this side of Reality in the first place before the summoning can take place, and warn the Chantries, but it's such a nuisance when we already have our hands full... I don't suppose you've got any suggestions as for how to slow or stop him?"

((OOC: Yeah, a short summary of Matty's information, with the initial misinterpretation that Lord Steel and the Duke of Hate were two separate individuals corrected in the addendums, and the speculation that Riverside and Westchapel are compromised by Infernalists pacted to the patron, combined with a short list of who's already called in, and who's about to get called in.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 am

Colin smiled slyly, "Yes, well, as for me and my allies, we'll muster on very short notice... After all, why would the Union necessarily assume that Steelhaven Hall is getting bolstered by, say, someone in Chicago loading up for battle? Our having advance warning does give us the opportunity to assemble defense upgrades elsewhere and simply... move them in on the evening before the attack."

"That is a good point, that might let us hide the bolstering of our defenses, unless the group of Technocrats in question have a chance to spup on Chantries in Chicago, knowing that we are on good standing with Chantry Morningstar."
Amadeus replied.
"It gives us a chance to keep our preperations secret at least."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]

He sighed, "Because he happens to be a tad miffed I've taken away two of his toys. I've received word that he's about to have a go at Riverside and Westchapel; I am guessing that means that those two Chantries are compromised by the presence of one or more of his Infernalists, which is not the case here anymore, meaning he can't slip through our Wards so easily... Obviously, we're already calling around to try to prevent the bloody Meajin Incarna from getting into this side of Reality in the first place before the summoning can take place, and warn the Chantries, but it's such a nuisance when we already have our hands full... I don't suppose you've got any suggestions as for how to slow or stop him?"

"I am nto suprised a being such as him are not bound to be pleased that his toys are being taken away."
Flavian said bitterly.
"And that is really all his Infernalists are to him, toys."
The hedge wizard groaned and was silent for a while.
"I did not know the woman you caught was serving Lord Steel though, I was sure she was in service to an Outsider Thing. That being said Lord Steel are more likely to actively become involved with the Nephandi plans so he might have agents at other Chantries in the Tribunal, as for how to stop him I have no idea, it is not like Investment Marks comes with a handy guide for how to get rid of your otherworldy benefactor."
Flavian grunted.
"I believe a group of Verbena once banished him, but who knows how they did it, and it might be just a rumor."
The former Infernalist replied with another pained groan.
"Fuck my back hurts...was there anything else you wanted to know Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:32 pm

Colin's Post:

'Or not. Trying to get peeks of the future can mean we get too hung up on defeating a particular plan and the like. Simply knowing that a Union assault is expected any time after New Years' is enough.' Nicole replied. 'As long as it's kept quiet about the "expected" bit. Which means it's good in a way the Fallen have attacked now, 'cos it's an excuse for defence upgrades.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes... I meant the details. Like do I need to do anything, or go?' giving a little frown as she made coffee.

[Where the hell did everybody go...?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:41 pm

'Or not. Trying to get peeks of the future can mean we get too hung up on defeating a particular plan and the like. Simply knowing that a Union assault is expected any time after New Years' is enough.' Nicole replied. 'As long as it's kept quiet about the "expected" bit. Which means it's good in a way the Fallen have attacked now, 'cos it's an excuse for defence upgrades.'

"I agree Miss Bouchard, we need to get more ready to defend the Chantry, regardless of when the attack comes."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"Recent events have shown that while we prefer to stay peaveful the Asencion War have come full tilt to Boston and we need to up our defences. We are going to have to discuss this properly when we are not in the middle of a crisis situations...hum...true the Union might expect us to upgrade our defenses, but that might also make them spend more resources on their eventual attack."
The Verbena Deacon commented.

'Yes... I meant the details. Like do I need to do anything, or go?' giving a little frown as she made coffee.

"For the ritual, no you mostly just need to stand there, as for what will happen in the past it have been discussed have it not Miss Bouchard."
George replied.

(OOC: The players, well I GMed last night so I only got five posts in. Warp was in my game and he was at the dentist so he was a bit busy, the others are budy with their weekend I suppost, most poce at least once a day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Nicole wrote:'Or not. Trying to get peeks of the future can mean we get too hung up on defeating a particular plan and the like. Simply knowing that a Union assault is expected any time after New Years' is enough.' Nicole replied. 'As long as it's kept quiet about the "expected" bit. Which means it's good in a way the Fallen have attacked now, 'cos it's an excuse for defence upgrades.'
Anja wrote:"I agree Miss Bouchard, we need to get more ready to defend the Chantry, regardless of when the attack comes."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"Recent events have shown that while we prefer to stay peaveful the Asencion War have come full tilt to Boston and we need to up our defences. We are going to have to discuss this properly when we are not in the middle of a crisis situations...hum...true the Union might expect us to upgrade our defenses, but that might also make them spend more resources on their eventual attack."
The Verbena Deacon commented.
Colin shrugged, "That's rather why I'll be avoiding telling myself too many explicit details when I let myself know, as it were - as you say, if we get too many specifics and try to set up counters to those, the very preparations may be too obvious, making our enemies change their plans. Far better, then, to prepare quietly for a broad spectrum of potential attack vectors. I'm sure they won't be expecting a HIT-Mark of our own, for example. Ah, that would be Deaconess Darnell from Chantry Flamingo, mind you - lovely lady, if perhaps a bit unsettling to most... If, of course, she remains willing to come to our aid."

Anja wrote:"That is a good point, that might let us hide the bolstering of our defenses, unless the group of Technocrats in question have a chance to spup on Chantries in Chicago, knowing that we are on good standing with Chantry Morningstar."
Amadeus replied.
"It gives us a chance to keep our preperations secret at least."
He smiled thinly, "Well, that's where having a few personal contacts comes in handy, too - outside of Morningstar."
He turned serious again, "But yes, there's always a risk they'll notice something of an... odd pattern, if all our known allies across North America suddenly prepare for an all-out battle over the span of a few days before a planned Union strike..."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]
Anja wrote:"I am nto suprised a being such as him are not bound to be pleased that his toys are being taken away."
Flavian said bitterly.
"And that is really all his Infernalists are to him, toys."
The hedge wizard groaned and was silent for a while.
"I did not know the woman you caught was serving Lord Steel though, I was sure she was in service to an Outsider Thing. That being said Lord Steel are more likely to actively become involved with the Nephandi plans so he might have agents at other Chantries in the Tribunal, as for how to stop him I have no idea, it is not like Investment Marks comes with a handy guide for how to get rid of your otherworldy benefactor."
Flavian grunted.
"I believe a group of Verbena once banished him, but who knows how they did it, and it might be just a rumor."
The former Infernalist replied with another pained groan.
"Fuck my back hurts...was there anything else you wanted to know Wainwright?"
He frowned, "A group of Verbena... I don't suppose you know the names of anyone alleged to have participated?"

((OOC: Yeah, between dentist, work, and D&D right after I got home last night, I was kinda exhausted a bit...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Colin shrugged, "That's rather why I'll be avoiding telling myself too many explicit details when I let myself know, as it were - as you say, if we get too many specifics and try to set up counters to those, the very preparations may be too obvious, making our enemies change their plans. Far better, then, to prepare quietly for a broad spectrum of potential attack vectors. I'm sure they won't be expecting a HIT-Mark of our own, for example. Ah, that would be Deaconess Darnell from Chantry Flamingo, mind you - lovely lady, if perhaps a bit unsettling to most... If, of course, she remains willing to come to our aid."

"That sounds good then and it do not sound like we have a disagreement Mr Wainwright we all agree we must better our general defensive abilities in order to keep our Chantry and those who live here safe."
Amadeus said then he frowned.
"Deaconess Darnell I have heard her name, she was turned into a HIT-Mark against her will but retained enough of herself to return to the Traditions did she not? She is a Virtual Adept I believe? Run a Chantry of outcasts in Chicago."

He smiled thinly, "Well, that's where having a few personal contacts comes in handy, too - outside of Morningstar."
He turned serious again, "But yes, there's always a risk they'll notice something of an... odd pattern, if all our known allies across North America suddenly prepare for an all-out battle over the span of a few days before a planned Union strike..."

"Indeed so we need to be careful not to tip our hands to soon."
The old healer said.
"And built up our defenses incliding working with out allies discreetly."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]

He frowned, "A group of Verbena... I don't suppose you know the names of anyone alleged to have participated?"

"No, like I said it is just rumors, I think Sam Haine might be involved though because my former Master really hate him and I mean really, really hate him, and yes that is obviously a Craft name but I do not know the name by any other."
Flavian said with a sigh.
"And he is a old, Master Verbena."

(OOC: Yeah I was a bit tired as well last night, D&D was fun but off course it takes a bit of energy to plan things, we are playing today as well but one of our friends is GMing and it is allot less work to play than to GM.)

(OOC 2: I wish for a common sense merit like thing in D&D by the way and Warp know why as they where looking for clues and not knowing what to do, about finding a warlock...with a distinct description, when they have taken room in an inn that mostly cater to warlocks, and is a bit of a meeting place for them in town, yeah where could they ask about the woman they are looking for I wonder. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next