Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:50 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.30]

Nicole wrote:'Yes... I meant the details. Like do I need to do anything, or go?' giving a little frown as she made coffee.
Anja wrote:"For the ritual, no you mostly just need to stand there, as for what will happen in the past it have been discussed have it not Miss Bouchard."
George replied.

"Your mostly along for the ride and ensuring your past self doesn't get into harm's way." Serge added. "Master Nassa and Jonno do most of the heavy lifting and killing. You just need to run back to the chantry if the plans gets that far."

Anja wrote:"So it is child, you will be guiding your Cabalmates to themselves."
George said with a warm smile.
"And I think you will do very well, you are quite talented you know, whent he Deacons of the Tribunal meet your Mentor always brags about her talented student."
He said with a chuckle.
"The good doctor is very proud of you."

"I'm glad to hear that." Serge said with a smile, that masked his true child-like joy at the mention of his mentor bragging about him. "I feel like I need to brag about her now. Master Steelhaven. Did you know that my mentor, Angelica Boudavich, is a great and talented mage and all around very cool person."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Adley Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:57 pm

[Lobby]

"The strike on the Labyrinth will go as planned but off course resources will have to be diverted to counter this new threat as well mea filius." The old Hermetic said simply.

He nodded, then sighed. "I'll see you soon, then...after," he said simply. After we make sure I continue to exist. He gave him a nod and waited to be dismissed before heading back to Master Steelhaven's rooms again.

// and the bit about draining the tass out of the Verbena's life tree, iirc was in the original note

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:27 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.15]

Anja's Post:

'Which is good. The uprating of defences might deter them from attacking completely.' the Etherite replied. 'Y'know, the North Korea strategy; we'd cost too much in blood and treasure to destroy...'

Colin's Post:

'A HIT? How on earth...?' the Etherite replied, giving a frown. 'Is it one of the old hacked models?'

Colin's Post:

'That makes the assumption that the top brass know and plan this attack. What happens if they don't, see all the mobilisations, think it's us about to go full-on on them for "no reason", shit themselves and go straight for the nukes?' Nicole countered, preparing her bed on the floor.

[Steelhaven's Apartment 12.30]

Anja's Post:

'Which was why I wasn't asking about that bit. Just like everyone was standing there like they all knew what we were going to be doing in the next five minutes but nobody had told me.' she replied, a shade irritably as she looked for a filter or something to finish making the coffee.

Serge's Post:

'If all goes to the worst, more like I'd go to ground in Prov. Not many ways to easily get here, and all of them predictable. Plus, that would be a total predictable move, like when the T-1000 went to get Connor's Mom in Terminator 2.'

[I actually meant the other PC's in the 12.30 thread. It's like they all vanished from the apartment while Nick was making coffee...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:09 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment 12.30]

Nicole wrote:'Which was why I wasn't asking about that bit. Just like everyone was standing there like they all knew what we were going to be doing in the next five minutes but nobody had told me.' she replied, a shade irritably as she looked for a filter or something to finish making the coffee.

"Oh right....I technically never told you. Sorry about that." Serge said sheepishly, "In five minute we're going to the ritual rooms to send you guys back. Most of the time travel stuff will be done by Master Steelhaven. I'm in charge of guiding your current minds back to your teenage minds. To do that properly I'm gonna need you two to think of how you were like back then. More specifically I need you guys to think of the ways in which you haven't changed as a person from who you are now and who you were back then."

Nicole wrote:'If all goes to the worst, more like I'd go to ground in Prov. Not many ways to easily get here, and all of them predictable. Plus, that would be a total predictable move, like when the T-1000 went to get Connor's Mom in Terminator 2.'

"Where in Providence anyways? I assume you mean the city." Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 pm

'Which is good. The uprating of defences might deter them from attacking completely.' the Etherite replied. 'Y'know, the North Korea strategy; we'd cost too much in blood and treasure to destroy...'

"Well that is one of the reasons why we congregate into Chantries, it is far harder and more costly to take down 30 mages than one, so it is a viable strategy to make it to costly to attack Steelhaven, if we could find a way to do that."
Amadeus agreed.
"Do you have any ideas for that Miss Bouchard?"

'A HIT? How on earth...?' the Etherite replied, giving a frown. 'Is it one of the old hacked models?'

"Sort of I believe the woman probably had some safe guard in her head so after the...transformation she maanged to override the Union's control on her and return."
The old healer replied.
"But samned if I know how that works exactly."

'That makes the assumption that the top brass know and plan this attack. What happens if they don't, see all the mobilisations, think it's us about to go full-on on them for "no reason", shit themselves and go straight for the nukes?' Nicole countered, preparing her bed on the floor.

"It is unlikely they will attack in a way that will draw attention to them or risk that many sleeper lives as we are in a highly populated area just because they do not see the mobilization they think we will have, they are not that dumb."
Amadeus said and he shook his head.
"And they are tighly controlled so their leaders would know of and have sanctioned and attack on us."

"Your mostly along for the ride and ensuring your past self doesn't get into harm's way." Serge added. "Master Nassa and Jonno do most of the heavy lifting and killing. You just need to run back to the chantry if the plans gets that far."

"Indeed, Master NMassa and Mr Sherman will be there to protect you and Mr Roth Hicks Bouchard, you just make sure to let them protect you and most likelyt hey have the assassin dealt with before you have to even worry about it."
George agreed.

"I'm glad to hear that." Serge said with a smile, that masked his true child-like joy at the mention of his mentor bragging about him. "I feel like I need to brag about her now. Master Steelhaven. Did you know that my mentor, Angelica Boudavich, is a great and talented mage and all around very cool person."

"Oh indeed so Master Boudavich is a wise woman and a fine mage."
The Deacon Primus agreed.
"She have earned her her place as one of the Deacons of Chantry Westchapel."

'Which was why I wasn't asking about that bit. Just like everyone was standing there like they all knew what we were going to be doing in the next five minutes but nobody had told me.' she replied, a shade irritably as she looked for a filter or something to finish making the coffee.

"Oh I thought it had been made clear Miss Bouchard, we will go to ritual room C and conduct the working that will send yours and Mr Roth Hick's minds back to the past, so the plan was for you to come with us."
George said kindly.

'If all goes to the worst, more like I'd go to ground in Prov. Not many ways to easily get here, and all of them predictable. Plus, that would be a total predictable move, like when the T-1000 went to get Connor's Mom in Terminator 2.'

The Deacon Primus looked a bit confused at that.
"Well it is important you let Master Nassa keep you safe Miss Bouchard that is why we are sending him back."
The old Hermetic said kindly.

[Lobby]

He nodded, then sighed. "I'll see you soon, then...after," he said simply. After we make sure I continue to exist. He gave him a nod and waited to be dismissed before heading back to Master Steelhaven's rooms again.

"You make sure of that mea filius...take care."
Jeffry said clearly concerned, but he let you go back to Master Steelhaven's rooms where the others where waiting.

(OOC: No NPCs left, George and Amadeus are still there waiting for Nicole by the door together with Serge, Colin left to talk with Flavian and Adley left to talk with Jeffry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Nicole wrote:'Which is good. The uprating of defences might deter them from attacking completely.' the Etherite replied. 'Y'know, the North Korea strategy; we'd cost too much in blood and treasure to destroy...'
Anja wrote:"Well that is one of the reasons why we congregate into Chantries, it is far harder and more costly to take down 30 mages than one, so it is a viable strategy to make it to costly to attack Steelhaven, if we could find a way to do that."
Amadeus agreed.
"Do you have any ideas for that Miss Bouchard?"
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now, North Korea is a little different - no resources worth the effort, and Big Brother China is a little protective of them. North Korea remains off limits until China is weary of the Kim family, and then... well, the problem might simply go away entirely after that."

Anja wrote:"That sounds good then and it do not sound like we have a disagreement Mr Wainwright we all agree we must better our general defensive abilities in order to keep our Chantry and those who live here safe."
Amadeus said then he frowned.
"Deaconess Darnell I have heard her name, she was turned into a HIT-Mark against her will but retained enough of herself to return to the Traditions did she not? She is a Virtual Adept I believe? Run a Chantry of outcasts in Chicago."
Nicole wrote:'A HIT? How on earth...?' the Etherite replied, giving a frown. 'Is it one of the old hacked models?'
Anja wrote:"Sort of I believe the woman probably had some safe guard in her head so after the...transformation she maanged to override the Union's control on her and return."
The old healer replied.
"But samned if I know how that works exactly."
He frowned, "Seems she was captured, had her brain transferred to a HIT-Mark chassis, but the mind erasure protocol failed, or they didn't get around to that part before the construct was raided and she was freed by her own... and in a needless act of cruelty, her own Tradition forbade her to obtain a flesh mask, leaving her a... recluse by necessity, though she remains a sweet, empathic lady. Hum, I hope she liked the silver mask I sent her way, though - seeing as her prohibition only specified flesh masks... And yes, she does indeed look like a T-800 series, and she's leading a Chantry, a home for the broken and unloved."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so we need to be careful not to tip our hands to soon."
The old healer said.
"And built up our defenses incliding working with out allies discreetly."
Nicole wrote:'That makes the assumption that the top brass know and plan this attack. What happens if they don't, see all the mobilisations, think it's us about to go full-on on them for "no reason", shit themselves and go straight for the nukes?' Nicole countered, preparing her bed on the floor.
Anja wrote:"It is unlikely they will attack in a way that will draw attention to them or risk that many sleeper lives as we are in a highly populated area just because they do not see the mobilization they think we will have, they are not that dumb."
Amadeus said and he shook his head.
"And they are tighly controlled so their leaders would know of and have sanctioned and attack on us."
He nodded, "The Union does have quite strict protocols regarding collateral casualties. And witnesses to Reality Deviancy. Ironically, urban areas are some of the safest places for us to gather, because the Union won't want to risk blatant Deviancy and having to cover it up afterwards when they can pick us off one at a time in back alleys..."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]
Anja wrote:"No, like I said it is just rumors, I think Sam Haine might be involved though because my former Master really hate him and I mean really, really hate him, and yes that is obviously a Craft name but I do not know the name by any other."
Flavian said with a sigh.
"And he is a old, Master Verbena."
He arched an eyebrow, typing a message to Amadeus, 'Do you know a man called Sam Haine? May be of help.'
He gave Flavian a bit of a look, "An old Verbena called Halloween... well, after a fashion, anyway. Well, thank you, that just might save Riverside and Westchapel, if we can get him here quickly. Good night, then, and... try to sleep well."
He bowed politely to Hildegard, then headed out, quickly sending a message to Philippa Arden, 'Pardon the lateness, please, but do you know a Sam Haine, one of your senior members, I am told?'

((OOC: Yes, we could use a Common Sense Feat or something. Though I would like to point out that out of the group, the *Warlock* in the party was the one to *botch* that roll. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now, North Korea is a little different - no resources worth the effort, and Big Brother China is a little protective of them. North Korea remains off limits until China is weary of the Kim family, and then... well, the problem might simply go away entirely after that."

Amadeus and George both nodded but it was clear from their expressions that neither of the two Master magi cared much one way or another about the conflict and politics of sleeper nations, or knew that much about it either.

He frowned, "Seems she was captured, had her brain transferred to a HIT-Mark chassis, but the mind erasure protocol failed, or they didn't get around to that part before the construct was raided and she was freed by her own... and in a needless act of cruelty, her own Tradition forbade her to obtain a flesh mask, leaving her a... recluse by necessity, though she remains a sweet, empathic lady. Hum, I hope she liked the silver mask I sent her way, though - seeing as her prohibition only specified flesh masks... And yes, she does indeed look like a T-800 series, and she's leading a Chantry, a home for the broken and unloved."

"Well even the abandoned and the unloved and in particularly the broken need a home."
Amadeus said with a knowing nod.
"And I suspect the Virtual Adept have been hurt so badly by the Union they have grown overly cautious."
He added
"I will make sure I get a chance to meet Deaconess Darnell one day she sounds like a strong woman, even if she is a constructed being now."

He nodded, "The Union does have quite strict protocols regarding collateral casualties. And witnesses to Reality Deviancy. Ironically, urban areas are some of the safest places for us to gather, because the Union won't want to risk blatant Deviancy and having to cover it up afterwards when they can pick us off one at a time in back alleys..."

"Indeed so, the Union when they strike are likely to do so discreetly, something they can hide under the disguise of a police raid, for them to bring out their big guns there have to be confirmed threats to reality itself, and we simply are not."
George agreed with a nod.

[Flavian's room, 12.30]

He arched an eyebrow, typing a message to Amadeus, 'Do you know a man called Sam Haine? May be of help.'

You got a reply back from the healer which said.
"Every Verbena know of him, he is in Lady Quey's inner circle and he would have been Primus if Nightshade did not choose her sucsessor only from among her own apprentices. I can try to contact him."

He gave Flavian a bit of a look, "An old Verbena called Halloween... well, after a fashion, anyway. Well, thank you, that just might save Riverside and Westchapel, if we can get him here quickly. Good night, then, and... try to sleep well."

"I suspect I will have little choice in the sleeping part at least, my head still spins."
Flavian groans.
"Wait save Riverside and Westchapel, do you think my old master will try to take out two Chantries?"
He asked sounding at least a little concerned.

He bowed politely to Hildegard, then headed out, quickly sending a message to Philippa Arden, 'Pardon the lateness, please, but do you know a Sam Haine, one of your senior members, I am told?'

Helga just grunted as she led you to the door again. You got a reply from Philippa which said.
"Yes I know Sam Haine well Mr W, he is one of our most respected Masters, was there a reason why you where wondering about him?"

(OOC: Yes the party warlock was sitting in what is in effect a warlock bar wondeirng how on earth to find a warlock. If her Patron was not doting on her, he might have gotten anoyed at that. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Anja wrote:"Oh indeed so Master Boudavich is a wise woman and a fine mage."
The Deacon Primus agreed.
"She have earned her her place as one of the Deacons of Chantry Westchapel."

"Yeah everyone knows she's awesome." he said with a smile, "But what about Uncle Ryan. He's awesome too. A pretty cool dude. Amazing Time Magick. Always fashionably late. All around A+ guy. More people need to brag about him."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:20 am

Anja's Post:

'I did say I'd have an AAR later on. Spotted several gaps and weaknesses, which need to be filled.'

Colin's Post:

'Same principle. The mountain of body-bags to do it is a price no President would pay. What I call "the porcupine strategy".'

Colin's Post:

'Hmm... one of the older models. But why would they say no to a skin? Oh, and is she just a frame, or is she plated?'

Anja's Post:

A quite obviously annoyed grunt at the last sentence; for by chance the Etherite had been pulling a white synthetic skin over her arm at that time.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'What is it about folks not getting things like analogies?' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'I do not mean literally the Union would start lobbing nukes over Boston - just that they may think we were about to do a full-scale offensive and this may make them panic and pull out all the stops across the US.'

'And actually, I don't think they're that centralised. If they were, we'd all been killed off years ago. For they would be able to mobilise large mobile reserves, which would allow them the strategic option of doing full sweep-clear missions, city by city. Attacking just one Boston Chantry makes no sense, unless you want this to be a meat-grinder for the enemy.' finishing sorting her makeshift bed out.

'Or we have something they really want.'

Serge's Post:

'Erm.. okay.' she replied, clearly a bit uncertain about this while she finished making coffee.

Serge's Post:

'Dunno. Think I'd keep moving; the enemy wouldn't expect that. Using one of the stop-points to quickly call here to organise a pick-up.'

Anja's Post:

'Then make sure you get to the RV point quickly then. For if they know about me, they will know about Liston too.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:56 am

"Yeah everyone knows she's awesome." he said with a smile, "But what about Uncle Ryan. He's awesome too. A pretty cool dude. Amazing Time Magick. Always fashionably late. All around A+ guy. More people need to brag about him."

"Mr Darehill is indeed a good addition to the Chantrry."
George replied.
"He is not one I have spent much time with child but he seam to do quite well in his Cabal."

'I did say I'd have an AAR later on. Spotted several gaps and weaknesses, which need to be filled.'

"What are an AAR Miss Bouchard?"
Amadeus said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well you are welcome to come to the Deacon council with any suggjestions."

Hmm... one of the older models. But why would they say no to a skin? Oh, and is she just a frame, or is she plated?'

"I suspect they want her apperance to be a sort of scarlet letter or to prevent her to be able to hide what she are."
The old Verbena commented darkly.

A quite obviously annoyed grunt at the last sentence; for by chance the Etherite had been pulling a white synthetic skin over her arm at that time.

"No offence meant Miss Bouchard and beside your arm is hardly your entire body."
Amadeus said catching your grunt. and glancing in your direction.

What is it about folks not getting things like analogies?' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'I do not mean literally the Union would start lobbing nukes over Boston - just that they may think we were about to do a full-scale offensive and this may make them panic and pull out all the stops across the US.'

"No one believed that the Union would drop athomic bombs Miss Bouchard, however the Union going in full force will draw attention and there is no reason for them to do that because a Chantry did not upgrade their descurity as much as they would expect why on earth would they draw the conclusion, oh these guys do not add to their security as much as expected they must be planning a full scale offensive against us, which is quite a leap rather than of these guys have been in thwo battles with the Nephandi and are probably out of resources wich is more likely. The Union have not gotten where they are by drawing wild conclusions and acting rashly."
The old Verbena said and he raised an eyebrow.

'And actually, I don't think they're that centralised. If they were, we'd all been killed off years ago. For they would be able to mobilise large mobile reserves, which would allow them the strategic option of doing full sweep-clear missions, city by city. Attacking just one Boston Chantry makes no sense, unless you want this to be a meat-grinder for the enemy.' finishing sorting her makeshift bed out.

"Well Miss Bouchard that is an interesting attidude as your own Tradition who left the Union have told us they are centralized and organized something the Virtual Adept confirmed when they joined."
Amadeus said he was getting a bit irriated now.
"Every Unionman we have managed to actually interrogate have confirmed this as well. Now the kind of sewwps you talk of would shatter the Law of Shade something they want even less that we do, and we know they have just struck at Chantries before, one Chantry in a city, one Chantry they think are weakened, it is how they operate they do not need to kill us all they need to keep us hidden and scared."
The old Verbena confinued.

Or we have something they really want.'

"Doubtfully but they want to kill as many reality deviants as possible and they want the surviving ones to be scared."
Amadeus replied.

'Erm.. okay.' she replied, clearly a bit uncertain about this while she finished making coffee.

"Let us just bring the cips along."
George said with a frown.
"We are running out of time."

'Dunno. Think I'd keep moving; the enemy wouldn't expect that. Using one of the stop-points to quickly call here to organise a pick-up.'

"Just make sure the ones we send back to aid you can actually find you Miss Bouchard."
The Deacon Primus added with a sigh.

'Then make sure you get to the RV point quickly then. For if they know about me, they will know about Liston too.'

"Let us just assume that those of us who are centuries old do not know modern slang Miss Bouchard I have no idea what RV point is, but yes I do intend to find you quickly that is the whole point here, I would appriciate not being ordered around though, I am nto sure what listening have to do with this though I will simply go through the Umbra to find you."
Amadeus replied sharply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 am

Nicole wrote:'Erm.. okay.' she replied, clearly a bit uncertain about this while she finished making coffee.
Anja wrote:"Let us just bring the cips along."
George said with a frown.
"We are running out of time."

"Yeah, honestly it's amazing you haven't started vanishing already. Cause your technically already dead." Serge said looking a little bit impatient himself. "We should probably hurry up."

Nicole wrote:'Dunno. Think I'd keep moving; the enemy wouldn't expect that. Using one of the stop-points to quickly call here to organise a pick-up.'
Anja wrote:"Just make sure the ones we send back to aid you can actually find you Miss Bouchard."
The Deacon Primus added with a sigh.

"Yeah, let's just hope that Master Nassa can find you while the assassin is busy with those decoys. Hell, might not need to find you at all."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:17 am

"Yeah, honestly it's amazing you haven't started vanishing already. Cause your technically already dead." Serge said looking a little bit impatient himself. "We should probably hurry up."

"Perhaps said a bit crudely but yes, we do not want the new timeline to solidify that makes it much harder to change and also there are other matter that we will need to deal with."
George said and with that he headed out the door, expecting his Chantrymates to follow him. The old mage ran into Adley as he got out of his apartment.
"Ah there you are Sodalis, should we go then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:32 pm

[Lobby]

George said and with that he headed out the door, expecting his Chantrymates to follow him. The old mage ran into Adley as he got out of his apartment.

"Yes, sir." He fell in with the others, giving them a nod, and headed down to the ritual chamber.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Nicole wrote:'I did say I'd have an AAR later on. Spotted several gaps and weaknesses, which need to be filled.'
Anja wrote:"What are an AAR Miss Bouchard?"
Amadeus said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well you are welcome to come to the Deacon council with any suggjestions."
Colin smiled wryly, "Miss Bouchard is perhaps overly fond of militaristic slang and abbreviations... It's an After Action Report, or a debriefing. Essentially, she'll tell the Chief what she observed on the mission."

Anja wrote:Amadeus and George both nodded but it was clear from their expressions that neither of the two Master magi cared much one way or another about the conflict and politics of sleeper nations, or knew that much about it either.
Nicole wrote:'Same principle. The mountain of body-bags to do it is a price no President would pay. What I call "the porcupine strategy".'
He chuckled, "Or the 'hiding behind mommy's skirt' strategy, perhaps."

Nicole wrote:'Hmm... one of the older models. But why would they say no to a skin? Oh, and is she just a frame, or is she plated?'
Anja wrote:"I suspect they want her apperance to be a sort of scarlet letter or to prevent her to be able to hide what she are."
The old Verbena commented darkly.
He frowned, "Someone high in the Virtual Adepts was a spiteful ass, it would seem. But whatever the reason, she's legally barred from getting a flesh guise. And... I'm honestly not sure whether she's just a frame or plated, though I might guess at the former. Not certain where the distinction goes, and she does favour quite modest clothes."

Anja wrote:"Well even the abandoned and the unloved and in particularly the broken need a home."
Amadeus said with a knowing nod.
"And I suspect the Virtual Adept have been hurt so badly by the Union they have grown overly cautious."
He added
"I will make sure I get a chance to meet Deaconess Darnell one day she sounds like a strong woman, even if she is a constructed being now."
Nicole wrote:A quite obviously annoyed grunt at the last sentence; for by chance the Etherite had been pulling a white synthetic skin over her arm at that time.
Anja wrote:"No offence meant Miss Bouchard and beside your arm is hardly your entire body."
Amadeus said catching your grunt. and glancing in your direction.
He nodded, "She's quite the lady, yes. I'd be glad to make the introductions."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, the Union when they strike are likely to do so discreetly, something they can hide under the disguise of a police raid, for them to bring out their big guns there have to be confirmed threats to reality itself, and we simply are not."
Nicole wrote:'What is it about folks not getting things like analogies?' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'I do not mean literally the Union would start lobbing nukes over Boston - just that they may think we were about to do a full-scale offensive and this may make them panic and pull out all the stops across the US.'
Anja wrote:"No one believed that the Union would drop athomic bombs Miss Bouchard, however the Union going in full force will draw attention and there is no reason for them to do that because a Chantry did not upgrade their descurity as much as they would expect why on earth would they draw the conclusion, oh these guys do not add to their security as much as expected they must be planning a full scale offensive against us, which is quite a leap rather than of these guys have been in thwo battles with the Nephandi and are probably out of resources wich is more likely. The Union have not gotten where they are by drawing wild conclusions and acting rashly."
The old Verbena said and he raised an eyebrow.
He shook his head, "As Master Nassa said, no-one thought you meant nukes in the literal fashion here. But they're not prone to lash out with massive forces without good justification and a good, pre-planned coverup. I mean, you saw the absolutely ridiculous reactions to Jade Helm earlier this year; if people saw an actual military operation out of nowhere hitting an urban residential building, well... there'd be a lot more noise and questions asked."

Nicole wrote:'And actually, I don't think they're that centralised. If they were, we'd all been killed off years ago. For they would be able to mobilise large mobile reserves, which would allow them the strategic option of doing full sweep-clear missions, city by city. Attacking just one Boston Chantry makes no sense, unless you want this to be a meat-grinder for the enemy.' finishing sorting her makeshift bed out.
Anja wrote:"Well Miss Bouchard that is an interesting attidude as your own Tradition who left the Union have told us they are centralized and organized something the Virtual Adept confirmed when they joined."
Amadeus said he was getting a bit irriated now.
"Every Unionman we have managed to actually interrogate have confirmed this as well. Now the kind of sewwps you talk of would shatter the Law of Shade something they want even less that we do, and we know they have just struck at Chantries before, one Chantry in a city, one Chantry they think are weakened, it is how they operate they do not need to kill us all they need to keep us hidden and scared."
The old Verbena confinued.
Nicole wrote:'Or we have something they really want.'
Anja wrote:"Doubtfully but they want to kill as many reality deviants as possible and they want the surviving ones to be scared."
Amadeus replied.
He frowned, "Part of their problem these days is that they are so centralised. A lot of things never happen without the say-so of some remote higher-up, and that... is somewhat to our advantage. We're not quite as hampered by red tape. But they have some protocols in place to make decisions faster given certain criteria, such as a clear and present danger to Reality itself..."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]
Anja wrote:"I suspect I will have little choice in the sleeping part at least, my head still spins."
Flavian groans.
"Wait save Riverside and Westchapel, do you think my old master will try to take out two Chantries?"
He asked sounding at least a little concerned.
He nodded, "We're already warning them and trying to prevent the attacks entirely..."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from the healer which said.
"Every Verbena know of him, he is in Lady Quey's inner circle and he would have been Primus if Nightshade did not choose her sucsessor only from among her own apprentices. I can try to contact him."
Anja wrote:Helga just grunted as she led you to the door again. You got a reply from Philippa which said.
"Yes I know Sam Haine well Mr W, he is one of our most respected Masters, was there a reason why you where wondering about him?"
He looked at the two incoming messages, and replied to Philippa first, 'We have a problem he may have faced before. One Lord Steel, to be precise. Master A.N. is trying to reach him now, though, but thank you.'
Then he answered Amadeus, 'Seems he has fought - even banished - Lord Steel before. He may be quite valuable in this matter.'

((OOC: Bah, slow, sleepy day.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:47 pm

Colin's Post:

'Ah, that's just extra insurance. Even if fighting solo, they'd cause so much dead it would make Iraq look like a training exercise. Washington likes wars where the enemy can't really fight back... fucking jumped up bullies that they are.'

Colin's Post:

'Interesting... think she's an experimental HIT, at that... using a human mind to make up for the limitations of programming...'

Anja's Post:

'If they see several groups all mobilising at once and they all seem to have something in common, yes they might think something big is up.' Nicole replied. 'In fact, you'd be stupid not to think it.'

Colin's Post:

'We're all terrorists, criminals, extremists. They're the Happy Boys - and Girls - putting down the nasties. Remove the source of the infection - this Chantry - with a firm, decisive hand. They control enough of the state and media to put their own spin on whatever happens.' she replied, giving a shrug.

Anja's Post:

'Enforced conformity in ultimate goals is completely different to centralised micromanagement. And everything looks "centralised" when it's compared to the "herding cats" method which is the Traditions.'

Colin's Post:

'Which is what I think is the problem. That the chain 'o command above individual Union bases is clogged with TPS reports, memos and circulars. Which is why they can't really organise a large attack, like. Requires dealing with too many Construct bosses, cutting across Convention lines and begging for... what's that horrid word I learned... buy-in, that's it.'

'Too centralised to allow the local bosses to talk to each other and organise things, not centralised enough to allow the big bosses to pull the levers and get things done. Well, it's either that or stupidity, incompetence or weakness.'

Anja's Post:

'Which is why I'd call in, sir. That if I have to move, I can say where I'm heading to. Then the past-you can then bounce the message to the team in Providence.'

Anja's Post:

'Rendezvous point, sir. For I won't wait at a pick up point for long when I know the one who wishes to kill me will also know of it.' Nicole replied, looking for the cups. 'Unless you want to set another pick-up point I'll immediately start heading towards?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Miss Bouchard is perhaps overly fond of militaristic slang and abbreviations... It's an After Action Report, or a debriefing. Essentially, she'll tell the Chief what she observed on the mission."

"Well if I can avoid speaking old high German to your Cabalmate perhaps she might want to consider that not all of us have served in sleeper militaries. I think the last time I was in a military was when I was a Roman...and we used slightly different terms."
Amadeus replied with a raised eyebrow.

He frowned, "Someone high in the Virtual Adepts was a spiteful ass, it would seem. But whatever the reason, she's legally barred from getting a flesh guise. And... I'm honestly not sure whether she's just a frame or plated, though I might guess at the former. Not certain where the distinction goes, and she does favour quite modest clothes."

"Never underestimate the damage a spitefull ass in high places can end up doing."
The old Verbena commented with a sigh.

He nodded, "She's quite the lady, yes. I'd be glad to make the introductions."

"I would like that, thank you Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said with a slight smile and a nod of his head.

He frowned, "Part of their problem these days is that they are so centralised. A lot of things never happen without the say-so of some remote higher-up, and that... is somewhat to our advantage. We're not quite as hampered by red tape. But they have some protocols in place to make decisions faster given certain criteria, such as a clear and present danger to Reality itself..."

"For us each Chantry are basically it's own independant unit, which is both a boon and a drawback, it means we can act faster with less red tape but getting several Chantries to cooperate is at times a pain. With the Union each Construct answer much more closely to the rest of the organization but when they do choose to organize they can do so more effectivly than us, the Traditions not being that organized really in the general."
The old Verbena replied with a nod.

[Steelhaven 12.30]

"Yes, sir." He fell in with the others, giving them a nod, and headed down to the ritual chamber.

George gave his young Sodalis a smile as he headed down the corridor towards the stairs.

[Flavian's room, 12.30]

He nodded, "We're already warning them and trying to prevent the attacks entirely..."

Flavian nodded at that but he had little more to add.

He looked at the two incoming messages, and replied to Philippa first, 'We have a problem he may have faced before. One Lord Steel, to be precise. Master A.N. is trying to reach him now, though, but thank you.'

You got a reply back from Philippa which said.
"That is nto good, if you need me to contact Master Sam Haine then let me know."

Then he answered Amadeus, 'Seems he has fought - even banished - Lord Steel before. He may be quite valuable in this matter.'

You got a reply back from Amadeus which said.
"I will try to get a hold of him, but we are on our way down to the ritual room right now."

(OOC: Well I have been playing D&D today so no problem. Little Polly are friendly, very friendly and she was never intended to be. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 pm

'Interesting... think she's an experimental HIT, at that... using a human mind to make up for the limitations of programming...'

"The five series uses a human brain and spine enclosed in a Primium sceleton with off course various machine parts and components, they stopped making them fully robot with the four series."
Amadeus replied.

'If they see several groups all mobilising at once and they all seem to have something in common, yes they might think something big is up.' Nicole replied. 'In fact, you'd be stupid not to think it.'

"And knowing that the Chantries of Boston have just faced off against two Nephandi threats, the most likely explination was that we where getting prepared if the Fallen tried again, the Union is not dumb enough to blow their cover over a might possibly be."
The old Verbena said firmly.

'We're all terrorists, criminals, extremists. They're the Happy Boys - and Girls - putting down the nasties. Remove the source of the infection - this Chantry - with a firm, decisive hand. They control enough of the state and media to put their own spin on whatever happens.' she replied, giving a shrug.

"That the Union think every other mage are terrorists, crimenals and dangerous there are no doubt about and few of them would loose any sleep if they could eradicate us down to the last apprentice however A, no they do not have enough control of the media, nto in the age of smart phones, not in a residential area to go completely beserk and risk the sleeper lives in the nearby buildings. The Technocrazy did nto come this far by being idiots, we know they will strike us, but they will make it look, beliavable or they will make it hidden, just going in with their big guns in a residential area is not their style, not if they at all can avoid it."
Amadeus replied.

'Enforced conformity in ultimate goals is completely different to centralised micromanagement. And everything looks "centralised" when it's compared to the "herding cats" method which is the Traditions.'

"The facts are still what they are Miss Bouchard, or are you calling Dr Spance and the rest who left the Union and later the Virtual Adepts under the Seat of Correspondence for liars? And yes we are nto organized that is trye we never was we are mostly just somewhat linked together Chantries and Cabals, but every rapport stil speak of the Union having a rigid hierchy, and a central command overseeing it's activities and until you offer proof rather than what you think they should be like Miss Bouchard I will take the word of the hundreds who escaped their ranks in good faith."
The old healer siad clearly getting slightly anoyed.

Which is what I think is the problem. That the chain 'o command above individual Union bases is clogged with TPS reports, memos and circulars. Which is why they can't really organise a large attack, like. Requires dealing with too many Construct bosses, cutting across Convention lines and begging for... what's that horrid word I learned... buy-in, that's it.'

'Too centralised to allow the local bosses to talk to each other and organise things, not centralised enough to allow the big bosses to pull the levers and get things done. Well, it's either that or stupidity, incompetence or weakness.'

"Or you know it could be that our enemies are nto stupid and want to protect the Consensus they have bled to clreate and do nto want to blow it by taking the Asencion War from cold to hot and risk a all out strike that would not only fully pit their forces against the full might of the Traditions, guarentee sleepers seeing their operations not to mention risk quite a few mages saying fuck Paradox and then there will be fireballs in the streets."
Amadeus said with a shrug.
"That is the reason why this war council still stands Miss Bouchard, because while the Union might win an all out to the last man war, we are hardly weak enought hat we will go down easy and the chances that such a open clonflict between desperate groups of mages would actually shatter the Law of Shade like a crystal goblet on stone...well it is not even a chance it is a certinty, not to mention the massive sleeper losses. Also to add to it, the faction that are left standing will be bloodied and wakened and they would then have the Nephandi to deal with. Our war, while technically four sided, the Marauders are not really a factor here, it is a tripod, take away one leg and the whole structure crubles, or in short if the Traditions and the Union was to go all out, no holds barred on one antoher Miss Bouchard, the likely outcome was that the Union would eventually win, but they would be bloody and beaten and most of their recources would be gone and most of their members dead and then the Nephandi would pick them off with ease and that would be it for reality and none of the factions want that."

Which is why I'd call in, sir. That if I have to move, I can say where I'm heading to. Then the past-you can then bounce the message to the team in Providence.'

"Very well, that works then Miss Bouchard."

'Rendezvous point, sir. For I won't wait at a pick up point for long when I know the one who wishes to kill me will also know of it.' Nicole replied, looking for the cups. 'Unless you want to set another pick-up point I'll immediately start heading towards?'

You found a large collection of colorful but miss matched cups in one of the kitchen cupboards.
"Anywhere would be good really, if you choose a pick up point I can meet you there."
Amadeus replied.
"Actually...pick one at random, Mr Sherman should be able to scry for you, without a set place in mind that will make it harder for our enemies to track you down."
He added after a moment of consideration.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:07 pm

Anja wrote:"Perhaps said a bit crudely but yes, we do not want the new timeline to solidify that makes it much harder to change and also there are other matter that we will need to deal with."
Adley wrote:"Yes, sir." He fell in with the others, giving them a nod, and headed down to the ritual chamber.

Serge followed behind the Primus as he left his apartment, nodding to Adley as the flambeau joined up with the group. On the way he continued to be immersed in his notepad, drawing something with greater and greater attention as the group walked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:18 pm

[Ritual Room C 12 45]

Serge followed behind the Primus as he left his apartment, nodding to Adley as the flambeau joined up with the group. On the way he continued to be immersed in his notepad, drawing something with greater and greater attention as the group walked.

You drew as you walked, meaning Amadeus at times had to stop you from stumbling into things but your picture was talking form as you went. The group of mages got down to the basement and to ritual room C, one of the smaller rooms, here was a table to use as an altar, and a stone shelf with general supplies such a chalk and candles and candle holders. Crexia, Mara and Jon was already there waiting, they all bowed to the Deacon Primus and George bowed back to Lady Crexia before he exhanged polite greetings with the other two.
"Are we ready to get started ladies and gentlemen?"
Crexia asked as she looked at the group of gathered magi.
"We have others things to do this night as well after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:50 pm

Anja's Post:

'That's to stop it being so easy to hack. Their fails in playing human continued unabated. No... this time, they put in a brain worth having. Y'know, as an actual brain.'

Anja's Post:

'Colin said "across the country", not "across the city". And if I was a senior Mirrorshade in Boston and saw all the local Superstitionists mobilising all at once... well, I think I'd mobilise too, just in case.'

Anja's Post:

'Yet they're about to do this very thing in the New Year's?'

Anja's Post:

'But your argument makes no sense. It rests on the idea that every person who left in those two times felt the exact same way about everything, which I think would be a human first.'

Anja's Post:

'Your guess is as good as mine. That's the point; a guess. Or hypothesis, if we'd like to be all snazzy-like. Your argument is that the car don't go over forty 'cos the driver is scared of crashing. Mine is that the connectors between the gas pedal and engine are shot meaning they can't go over forty. But we won't know who's right until we ask the driver and look under the hood. Which is impossible, in this case.'

Anja's Post:

'If you can be at Liston at four PM on the dot, there's no need, really.' Nicole replied, pouring her coffee into a mug. 'Oh, can you take stuff into the past with you?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:18 am

Anja wrote:"Well if I can avoid speaking old high German to your Cabalmate perhaps she might want to consider that not all of us have served in sleeper militaries. I think the last time I was in a military was when I was a Roman...and we used slightly different terms."
Amadeus replied with a raised eyebrow.
Colin smiled thinly, "Which reminds me, I should call Robin Hood again and see how things are going with Spartacus. But yes, the use of military abbreviations, or colloquialisms, tends to require more time explaining than is saved by using the shorthand, it seems."

Nicole wrote:'Ah, that's just extra insurance. Even if fighting solo, they'd cause so much dead it would make Iraq look like a training exercise. Washington likes wars where the enemy can't really fight back... fucking jumped up bullies that they are.'
He frowned, "No-one in their right mind likes to fight a war on even footing, or worse, at a disadvantage... A truly skilled strategist and tactician can win a battle before the first shot is fired. Or avoid the battle altogether. Washington... is not rich in skilled strategists and tacticians, as such."

Nicole wrote:'Interesting... think she's an experimental HIT, at that... using a human mind to make up for the limitations of programming...'
Anja wrote:"The five series uses a human brain and spine enclosed in a Primium sceleton with off course various machine parts and components, they stopped making them fully robot with the four series."
Amadeus replied.
Nicole wrote:'That's to stop it being so easy to hack. Their fails in playing human continued unabated. No... this time, they put in a brain worth having. Y'know, as an actual brain.'
His eyes darkened, "I am given to understand her winding up in a HIT-Mark is neither so experimental nor rare... I fear many captured Mages have wound up in that situation... she was just fortunate enough, of sorts, to not have her mind erased in the process, so she retained her identity and allegiance. I suspect if we could get access to another of her model, chances are we'd find the brain of a captured Traditionalist in there, with all knowledge of their previous life either erased or buried under so many layers of protection so as to make no difference... Well, that, or a Union 'volunteer'. The idea of running into a HIT-Mark that knows how to cast spells is... unsettling, to say the least."

Nicole wrote:'If they see several groups all mobilising at once and they all seem to have something in common, yes they might think something big is up.' Nicole replied. 'In fact, you'd be stupid not to think it.'
Anja wrote:"And knowing that the Chantries of Boston have just faced off against two Nephandi threats, the most likely explination was that we where getting prepared if the Fallen tried again, the Union is not dumb enough to blow their cover over a might possibly be."
The old Verbena said firmly.
Nicole wrote:'Colin said "across the country", not "across the city". And if I was a senior Mirrorshade in Boston and saw all the local Superstitionists mobilising all at once... well, I think I'd mobilise too, just in case.'
He arched an eyebrow, "Keep in mind, Miss Bouchard, that there's a difference between mobilising and patching up defenses. No-one is going to question someone making repairs to the walls after a hurricane has hit, but they might raise an eyebrow is the repairs include, say, armed vehicles and the like. Right now, we're just patching the walls."

Nicole wrote:'We're all terrorists, criminals, extremists. They're the Happy Boys - and Girls - putting down the nasties. Remove the source of the infection - this Chantry - with a firm, decisive hand. They control enough of the state and media to put their own spin on whatever happens.' she replied, giving a shrug.
Anja wrote:"That the Union think every other mage are terrorists, crimenals and dangerous there are no doubt about and few of them would loose any sleep if they could eradicate us down to the last apprentice however A, no they do not have enough control of the media, nto in the age of smart phones, not in a residential area to go completely beserk and risk the sleeper lives in the nearby buildings. The Technocrazy did nto come this far by being idiots, we know they will strike us, but they will make it look, beliavable or they will make it hidden, just going in with their big guns in a residential area is not their style, not if they at all can avoid it."
Amadeus replied.
Nicole wrote:'Yet they're about to do this very thing in the New Year's?'
He shrugged, "I'm not saying my visions are never wrong, but there's no reason to assume this detail is the odd one out... Hm, I suppose I could find out what their pretense for the attack is, too."

Nicole wrote:'Enforced conformity in ultimate goals is completely different to centralised micromanagement. And everything looks "centralised" when it's compared to the "herding cats" method which is the Traditions.'
Anja wrote:"The facts are still what they are Miss Bouchard, or are you calling Dr Spance and the rest who left the Union and later the Virtual Adepts under the Seat of Correspondence for liars? And yes we are nto organized that is trye we never was we are mostly just somewhat linked together Chantries and Cabals, but every rapport stil speak of the Union having a rigid hierchy, and a central command overseeing it's activities and until you offer proof rather than what you think they should be like Miss Bouchard I will take the word of the hundreds who escaped their ranks in good faith."
The old healer siad clearly getting slightly anoyed.
Nicole wrote:'But your argument makes no sense. It rests on the idea that every person who left in those two times felt the exact same way about everything, which I think would be a human first.'
He arched an eyebrow, "Miss Bouchard... what exactly are you protesting here? That the Union is operated with centralised decision-making, or that everyone who's had any dealings with the Union's bureaucracy is in agreement on that?"

Anja wrote:"For us each Chantry are basically it's own independant unit, which is both a boon and a drawback, it means we can act faster with less red tape but getting several Chantries to cooperate is at times a pain. With the Union each Construct answer much more closely to the rest of the organization but when they do choose to organize they can do so more effectivly than us, the Traditions not being that organized really in the general."
The old Verbena replied with a nod.
Nicole wrote:'Which is what I think is the problem. That the chain 'o command above individual Union bases is clogged with TPS reports, memos and circulars. Which is why they can't really organise a large attack, like. Requires dealing with too many Construct bosses, cutting across Convention lines and begging for... what's that horrid word I learned... buy-in, that's it.'

Anja wrote:"Or you know it could be that our enemies are nto stupid and want to protect the Consensus they have bled to clreate and do nto want to blow it by taking the Asencion War from cold to hot and risk a all out strike that would not only fully pit their forces against the full might of the Traditions, guarentee sleepers seeing their operations not to mention risk quite a few mages saying fuck Paradox and then there will be fireballs in the streets."
Amadeus said with a shrug.
"That is the reason why this war council still stands Miss Bouchard, because while the Union might win an all out to the last man war, we are hardly weak enought hat we will go down easy and the chances that such a open clonflict between desperate groups of mages would actually shatter the Law of Shade like a crystal goblet on stone...well it is not even a chance it is a certinty, not to mention the massive sleeper losses. Also to add to it, the faction that are left standing will be bloodied and wakened and they would then have the Nephandi to deal with. Our war, while technically four sided, the Marauders are not really a factor here, it is a tripod, take away one leg and the whole structure crubles, or in short if the Traditions and the Union was to go all out, no holds barred on one antoher Miss Bouchard, the likely outcome was that the Union would eventually win, but they would be bloody and beaten and most of their recources would be gone and most of their members dead and then the Nephandi would pick them off with ease and that would be it for reality and none of the factions want that."
Nicole wrote:'Your guess is as good as mine. That's the point; a guess. Or hypothesis, if we'd like to be all snazzy-like. Your argument is that the car don't go over forty 'cos the driver is scared of crashing. Mine is that the connectors between the gas pedal and engine are shot meaning they can't go over forty. But we won't know who's right until we ask the driver and look under the hood. Which is impossible, in this case.'
He shrugged, "The Union wants awareness of magic suppressed. That means they can't get things done in ways that will provoke us to get flashy. But they are also aware that we're all fighting a war on two fronts, and right now, none of us can afford to go all out, lest the third faction just swoops in and obliterates the rest... In this case, Occam's Razor seems to be quite adequate."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Philippa which said.
"That is nto good, if you need me to contact Master Sam Haine then let me know."
You got a reply back from Amadeus which said.
"I will try to get a hold of him, but we are on our way down to the ritual room right now."
He typed back to Amadeus, 'Lady Arden offered to contact him. Shall I ask her to, or will you take care of it? Also, on my way.'

He sighed softly and headed down the stairs again.

((OOC: Also, Sam Haine. Seriously. Is he a canonical character, too? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:49 am

That's to stop it being so easy to hack. Their fails in playing human continued unabated. No... this time, they put in a brain worth having. Y'know, as an actual brain.'

"They always use an actual brain for the series five Miss Bouchard and many of them come from Traditionalist captives who have had their minds wiped, and all of them are brains worth having, unfortunatly very few manage to keep anything of themselves."
Amadeus replied sadly.

Colin said "across the country", not "across the city". And if I was a senior Mirrorshade in Boston and saw all the local Superstitionists mobilising all at once... well, I think I'd mobilise too, just in case.'

"Mobilizing is not the same as going on the offensive and risk the Law of Shade Miss Bouchard and also doing repairs after a Nephandi attack and strengthening the Chantries after such attacks are not the same as mobilizing."
The old Verbena replied simply.

Yet they're about to do this very thing in the New Year's?'

"Yes they will strike Steelhaven Miss Bouchard not every Chantry in Boston, and they will not bring their big guns, we strike a Construct, they strike a Chantry this back and forth always happens, that is nto an all out war."
Amadeus replied.

'But your argument makes no sense. It rests on the idea that every person who left in those two times felt the exact same way about everything, which I think would be a human first.'

"So by this argument Miss Bouchard you argue that if a Tradition defect from the Council and Nine and they tell their new faction that we are ruled by a Council of Deacons and often live in Chantries they all feel exactly the same way? Some things are simply a fact Miss Bouchard and feelings have nothing do do with it."
The volitile old Verbena relied he was clearly growing irritated here.

'Your guess is as good as mine. That's the point; a guess. Or hypothesis, if we'd like to be all snazzy-like. Your argument is that the car don't go over forty 'cos the driver is scared of crashing. Mine is that the connectors between the gas pedal and engine are shot meaning they can't go over forty. But we won't know who's right until we ask the driver and look under the hood. Which is impossible, in this case.'

"Miss Bouchard I am four hundred years old and I joined the Traditions as a young boy, that is quite a few years of fighting against the Union and before them the Order of Reason, I have through these many years learned something of our enemies so no I am not guessing child, so yes is it possible the Union will suddenly decide that the Nephandi taking over the world and destroying it is perfectly acceptable if they can only destroy the Traditions, well I guess everything is possible but from everything they have done in six fucking hundred years that is not their strategy, so no I am not guessing child I am speaking from centuries of experience with this war and actually understanding the battlefield and the war itself."
The old healer replied sounding rather grumphy now as he glared at Nicole.

Colin smiled thinly, "Which reminds me, I should call Robin Hood again and see how things are going with Spartacus. But yes, the use of military abbreviations, or colloquialisms, tends to require more time explaining than is saved by using the shorthand, it seems."

"You have interesting friends Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus replied with a bit of a smile as he turned to the Orphan.
"But yes words have power but unless everyone around the table understand the terms being used it can get quite bothersome."

He frowned, "No-one in their right mind likes to fight a war on even footing, or worse, at a disadvantage... A truly skilled strategist and tactician can win a battle before the first shot is fired. Or avoid the battle altogether. Washington... is not rich in skilled strategists and tacticians, as such."

Amadeus nodded his agreement to this.

His eyes darkened, "I am given to understand her winding up in a HIT-Mark is neither so experimental nor rare... I fear many captured Mages have wound up in that situation... she was just fortunate enough, of sorts, to not have her mind erased in the process, so she retained her identity and allegiance. I suspect if we could get access to another of her model, chances are we'd find the brain of a captured Traditionalist in there, with all knowledge of their previous life either erased or buried under so many layers of protection so as to make no difference... Well, that, or a Union 'volunteer'. The idea of running into a HIT-Mark that knows how to cast spells is... unsettling, to say the least."

"The Union have found that using a human brain, reprogrammed and ehm...enhansed with implants are easier than making an artificial brain and yes it is done to prisoners, one more reason never to be taken alive."
The old blood mage declared angrily.

He arched an eyebrow, "Keep in mind, Miss Bouchard, that there's a difference between mobilising and patching up defenses. No-one is going to question someone making repairs to the walls after a hurricane has hit, but they might raise an eyebrow is the repairs include, say, armed vehicles and the like. Right now, we're just patching the walls."

Again Amadeus nodded his agreement to this.

He shrugged, "I'm not saying my visions are never wrong, but there's no reason to assume this detail is the odd one out... Hm, I suppose I could find out what their pretense for the attack is, too."

"That would be useful to find out, though it might just be they think us weakened by the fights we have been lately so they decided to use their chance to destroy or further weaken a Chantry, after all Boston itself have three Summer Chantries one on it's way into Autumn, and two Spring Chantries one full on on the step into Summer, the Technocrats can not be happy about that, and then there is the Chantries further out within the Tribunal borders."
Amadeus said with a frown.

He shrugged, "The Union wants awareness of magic suppressed. That means they can't get things done in ways that will provoke us to get flashy. But they are also aware that we're all fighting a war on two fronts, and right now, none of us can afford to go all out, lest the third faction just swoops in and obliterates the rest... In this case, Occam's Razor seems to be quite adequate."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright."
The old blood mage agreed.
"Just so."

[Flavian's room, 12.30]

He typed back to Amadeus, 'Lady Arden offered to contact him. Shall I ask her to, or will you take care of it? Also, on my way.'

You got a reply back from Amadeus that said.
"Lady Arden are one of Lady Quey's aids, she is third in command of the entire Tradition so she outranks me, Sam Haine will listen to her more than he will me, if she can contact the man it would be better."

He sighed softly and headed down the stairs again.

You head down the stairs where are you going?

'If you can be at Liston at four PM on the dot, there's no need, really.' Nicole replied, pouring her coffee into a mug. 'Oh, can you take stuff into the past with you?'

"I can be there at the correct time yes Miss Bouchard."
The Verbena said then he looked at George who nodded.
"Apperantly yes I can take things with me Miss Bouchard, but let us try to make sure we do nto alter the time line."

(OOC: Yeah he is a main character in the Horizon War Triology and are mentioned in the Verbena Tradition Book I think,)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:07 am

e nodded, "She's quite the lady, yes. I'd be glad to make the introductions."

Though most of the conversation about the Deaconess he kept silent, he nodded in assent to Colin's statement about her character and also frowned earlier in the same conversation when it was discussed that she'd been barred from having the look of skin, should she have wanted it.

[Steelhaven 12.30]
George gave his young Sodalis a smile as he headed down the corridor towards the stairs.
erge followed behind the Primus as he left his apartment, nodding to Adley as the flambeau joined up with the group. On the way he continued to be immersed in his notepad, drawing something with greater and greater attention as the group walked.

He glanced at Serge, but seeing him concentrating on his drawings he, like Amadeus, mostly made sure he didn't fall down the stairs and hurt himself.

"Are we ready to get started ladies and gentlemen?"
Crexia asked as she looked at the group of gathered magi.
"We have others things to do this night as well after all."

"Yes," he said with a nod to them all. "...Just let me know what it is that we should do to assist. Beyond think of our past selves..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 am

[Steelhaven 12.30]

"Yes," he said with a nod to them all. "...Just let me know what it is that we should do to assist. Beyond think of our past selves..."

"If you would not mind helping me draw the circle Sodalis, standard...Mercury I think."
George said.
"No I think Pluto will be better for this working Master Steelhaven."
Crexia chimed in and the old Guernicus nodded.
"Pluto it is then my Lady, just a working circle and planetary symbols?"
The older maga nodded.
"Yes Pluto is a new addition but I find working with him as a planetary ruler for time magick to be useful."
George nodded again.
"I have never worked much with him myself My Lady."
"Would you prefer Mercury?"
"No no, Pluto is fine...do we just a working triangle?"
Crexia nodded.
"Ah yes they where common when you where trained was they not Master Steelhaven, yes let us add one the children can stand in it when we send their minds back...hum...no I think we only need chalk then unless Mr Yager need a drawing board to work on?"
Crexia said and she glanced at Serge as Vanja arrived , the young Cultist standing at the door until she was aknowledged by the older magi though she did give a wave to Serge and Adley who she knew if just a little.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 am

Anja wrote:"You have interesting friends Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus replied with a bit of a smile as he turned to the Orphan.
"But yes words have power but unless everyone around the table understand the terms being used it can get quite bothersome."
Colin chuckled softly, "Oh, if I started calling them friends, I'd have to recompense the Chief for a toupée, I think..."

Anja wrote:"That would be useful to find out, though it might just be they think us weakened by the fights we have been lately so they decided to use their chance to destroy or further weaken a Chantry, after all Boston itself have three Summer Chantries one on it's way into Autumn, and two Spring Chantries one full on on the step into Summer, the Technocrats can not be happy about that, and then there is the Chantries further out within the Tribunal borders."
Amadeus said with a frown.
He nodded, "What their actual rationale is would also be nice, but I was thinking more of what mortal agency is used as the justification - ATF, perhaps, or DEA could be likely culprits... ah, those bureaus cover everything intoxicating and guns, for short. But whatever the cover, it's going to get nasty."

[Going down, 12.30]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Amadeus that said.
"Lady Arden are one of Lady Quey's aids, she is third in command of the entire Tradition so she outranks me, Sam Haine will listen to her more than he will me, if she can contact the man it would be better."
He nodded to himself, then messaged Philippa, 'Master A.N. defers to your higher rank. Please bring Master Haine word that Lord Steel is about to try to get into Boston and destroy or cripple two Chantries. Within hours, possibly within the hour.'

He strolled down to check the Common Room for Morgan, glancing around surreptitiously.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next