Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.15]

Colin chuckled softly, "Oh, if I started calling them friends, I'd have to recompense the Chief for a toupée, I think..."

Amadeus chuckle at that.
"Well I am a Master of Life I am sure I could do something to save his curls."
He commented wryly.

He nodded, "What their actual rationale is would also be nice, but I was thinking more of what mortal agency is used as the justification - ATF, perhaps, or DEA could be likely culprits... ah, those bureaus cover everything intoxicating and guns, for short. But whatever the cover, it's going to get nasty."

"It will indeed get nasty, but we are going to have to try to defend the Chantry and hope we can keep everyone safe."
The old Verbena commented.
"As for what agency will be involved that is hard to say and it is nto my department in any case, perhaps one of the Virtual Adepts can find out."

[Going down, 12.30]

He nodded to himself, then messaged Philippa, 'Master A.N. defers to your higher rank. Please bring Master Haine word that Lord Steel is about to try to get into Boston and destroy or cripple two Chantries. Within hours, possibly within the hour.'

You got a reply back which said.
"I will contact Master Sam Haine right away, if I can find him and give him your message. Please give AN my best, he is a magickal relative after all."

He strolled down to check the Common Room for Morgan, glancing around surreptitiously.

You found Jeffry talking with Arn.
"Very well, you can bring the things in then, store them in the basement for now."
He told the young alchemist who bowed and nodded.
"Right away Master Morgan."
He said and he hurried to his task as soon as he had been dismissed. Jeffry looked around to see who else needed his attention at the moment, the old war mage looked a bit worn and tired, there was soot and blood on his clothes and skin but he looked to be unhurt.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Anja wrote:Amadeus chuckle at that.
"Well I am a Master of Life I am sure I could do something to save his curls."
He commented wryly.
Colin grinned, "Oh, how indebted to you I would be."

Anja wrote:"It will indeed get nasty, but we are going to have to try to defend the Chantry and hope we can keep everyone safe."
The old Verbena commented.
"As for what agency will be involved that is hard to say and it is nto my department in any case, perhaps one of the Virtual Adepts can find out."
He nodded, "I'll let myself know."

[Going down, 12.30]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back which said.
"I will contact Master Sam Haine right away, if I can find him and give him your message. Please give AN my best, he is a magickal relative after all."
He smiled thinly and replied, 'Will do. Please have Master Haine contact our Chief at [Morgan's number]; he is apprised of the situation, and I will be a little out of the immediate loop for a bit.'

Anja wrote:You found Jeffry talking with Arn.
"Very well, you can bring the things in then, store them in the basement for now."
He told the young alchemist who bowed and nodded.
"Right away Master Morgan."
He said and he hurried to his task as soon as he had been dismissed. Jeffry looked around to see who else needed his attention at the moment, the old war mage looked a bit worn and tired, there was soot and blood on his clothes and skin but he looked to be unhurt.
He snapped to a crisp salute when he met Morgan's gaze, "Sir. I'm ready to proceed with confronting the Exemplar at any time, though with your permission, I'd like to assist the rescue operation for my Cabalmates first. Also, please expect a call from Master Sam Haine bani Verbena, who has experience with the... other problem I expect Adley informed you of."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Colin grinned, "Oh, how indebted to you I would be."

Indeed you would be and I would nto let you forget it."
The old Verbena said with an amused chuckle.

He nodded, "I'll let myself know."

Amadeus raised an eyebrow at that.
"Yes...well that might indeed be smart if you can manage such a commuunication at will."
He replied.

[Going down, 12.30]

He smiled thinly and replied, 'Will do. Please have Master Haine contact our Chief at [Morgan's number]; he is apprised of the situation, and I will be a little out of the immediate loop for a bit.'

You got a reply back from Lady Arden which said.
"Understood and I will convey the information, but be adviced that Sam Haine do not always come when called, the man walk his own path and can be notoriously hard to deal with. I will do my best, and thank you for bringing my best to my relative."

He snapped to a crisp salute when he met Morgan's gaze, "Sir. I'm ready to proceed with confronting the Exemplar at any time, though with your permission, I'd like to assist the rescue operation for my Cabalmates first. Also, please expect a call from Master Sam Haine bani Verbena, who has experience with the... other problem I expect Adley informed you of."

The old war mage looked at Colin for a moment then he nodded.
"If you think your aid in the rescue attemt will be useful then please do so with my gratitude but we havw already taken to long on getting to the Labyrinth, we can not wait for to long, so you will have to yourself consider where you will be able to do the most good."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"Master Sam Haine...I have heard of the man, even met him a few times."
He frowned deeply.
"And yes my filius informed me of the new situation, more more thing to deal with...damned Nephandi."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 pm

[Steelhaven 12.30]

He nodded as Vanja arrived, then went over to get some chalk stored in the room for such purposes. As the others discussed the setup, he asked, "Pardon, are we using a triangle or circle? Both used would make the triangle of art for spirit evocation?" he said, sounding a bit confused and wanting to make sure he got the setup they wanted correct before drawing it in. Pluto, found then added as a planet, then lately 'downgraded' to a planetoid thanks to modern scientists...yet the idea of it was like those of Cthonic gods, fate and death, transformation, the underworld, even sexual energies in a primal way...spirit over mind, transcending matter and transpersonal issues...generally forces bigger than just a self. As they directed, he began to draw out the figures, kneeling down to inscribe the symbol for Pluto - a little circle, hovering over a cross-cup, or alternatively, a pitchfork. A circle, like spirit, a cup, like the receptive forces, and the cross of the earth and material plane. He tilted his head at it, and was reminded of his recent Seeking and the sign for V; the sense of that which could not be touched not trans-versing that ultimate undoing, a non-space that was not-to-be. As the discussions continued around him he contemplated it and then put it to the backburner of his mind, for later, another idea that bubbled up for later consideration.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:31 pm

[Steelhaven 12.30]

Anja wrote:You drew as you walked, meaning Amadeus at times had to stop you from stumbling into things but your picture was talking form as you went. The group of mages got down to the basement and to ritual room C, one of the smaller rooms, here was a table to use as an altar, and a stone shelf with general supplies such a chalk and candles and candle holders. Crexia, Mara and Jon was already there waiting, they all bowed to the Deacon Primus and George bowed back to Lady Crexia before he exhanged polite greetings with the other two.
"Are we ready to get started ladies and gentlemen?"
Crexia asked as she looked at the group of gathered magi.
"We have others things to do this night as well after all."
Adley wrote:He glanced at Serge, but seeing him concentrating on his drawings he, like Amadeus, mostly made sure he didn't fall down the stairs and hurt himself.

Adley wrote:"Yes," he said with a nod to them all. "...Just let me know what it is that we should do to assist. Beyond think of our past selves..."

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Serge said with a nod. "If there's anything I can do to help with the setup just let me know."

Anja wrote:"If you would not mind helping me draw the circle Sodalis, standard...Mercury I think."
George said.
"No I think Pluto will be better for this working Master Steelhaven."
Crexia chimed in and the old Guernicus nodded.
"Pluto it is then my Lady, just a working circle and planetary symbols?"
The older maga nodded.
"Yes Pluto is a new addition but I find working with him as a planetary ruler for time magick to be useful."
George nodded again.
"I have never worked much with him myself My Lady."
"Would you prefer Mercury?"
"No no, Pluto is fine...do we just a working triangle?"
Crexia nodded.
"Ah yes they where common when you where trained was they not Master Steelhaven, yes let us add one the children can stand in it when we send their minds back...hum...no I think we only need chalk then unless Mr Yager need a drawing board to work on?"
Crexia said and she glanced at Serge as Vanja arrived , the young Cultist standing at the door until she was aknowledged by the older magi though she did give a wave to Serge and Adley who she knew if just a little.

Serge waved to Vanja as he thought about the Lich's suggestions, "I think I'll be OK with this." he said gesturing to his small notepad and pencil.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:12 pm

[Steelhaven 12.30]

He nodded as Vanja arrived, then went over to get some chalk stored in the room for such purposes. As the others discussed the setup, he asked, "Pardon, are we using a triangle or circle? Both used would make the triangle of art for spirit evocation?" he said, sounding a bit confused and wanting to make sure he got the setup they wanted correct before drawing it in. Pluto, found then added as a planet, then lately 'downgraded' to a planetoid thanks to modern scientists...yet the idea of it was like those of Cthonic gods, fate and death, transformation, the underworld, even sexual energies in a primal way...spirit over mind, transcending matter and transpersonal issues...generally forces bigger than just a self. As they directed, he began to draw out the figures, kneeling down to inscribe the symbol for Pluto - a little circle, hovering over a cross-cup, or alternatively, a pitchfork. A circle, like spirit, a cup, like the receptive forces, and the cross of the earth and material plane. He tilted his head at it, and was reminded of his recent Seeking and the sign for V; the sense of that which could not be touched not trans-versing that ultimate undoing, a non-space that was not-to-be. As the discussions continued around him he contemplated it and then put it to the backburner of his mind, for later, another idea that bubbled up for later consideration.

"Yes I was thinking a Triangle of Art could be used this will nto be an evocation but the principles can still be used when it comes to sending a person back in time or rather thier mind, it is a good set up for affecting their energy and at the same time shielding the ritualistes from the influence of a earlier timeline and the timeline from the inflience of the ritualists."
George reolied.
"So a Circle with a rtiual og the Art."
The Deacon Primus sigh.
"I know it is not the traditional use child, but the idea of the Triangle of Art is to separate the summoner from the spirit he or she evoked, it is a security measure, this security measure can be adapted to serve as isulation from our work contaminating the timeline more than needed or our minds migeling with the minds being sent, I intend to use it at a isolating fature..."
The old magus said and Crexia nodded as she watched you drawing in the symbols.
"That could work, as I said I never use the Triangle of the Art myself, it became popular much later than when I was first trained, but having some isolating feature to keep the subjects minds seperate and our energies out of the earlier timeline is a good idea."
She agreed and George nodded.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Serge said with a nod. "If there's anything I can do to help with the setup just let me know."

"Not that I can think of child but is there anything you think you will be needing save for our own ritual setup?"
George asked the young Cultist kindly.

Serge waved to Vanja as he thought about the Lich's suggestions, "I think I'll be OK with this." he said gesturing to his small notepad and pencil.

"As you will Mr Yager."
The Deacon primus replied as he watched Adley work on the circle and then he saw that Vanja had arrived and he smiled.
"Welcome child."
The old mage said politely and the Cultist curtsy.
"Thank you Master Steelhaven."
She spoken and Crexia incluned her head as well and Mara smiled to the younger mage. Vanja came over to Serge.
"So we will be working a ritual together."
The other Cultist said.
"What part will you be doing?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:47 pm

Anja wrote:Amadeus raised an eyebrow at that.
"Yes...well that might indeed be smart if you can manage such a commuunication at will."
He replied.
Colin smiled thinly, "I can pick a time to scry on myself, and remember the time I picked. It's a bit of a dirty trick, and I'm sure a certain old man will give me a dirty look for it, but it's workable."

[Going down, 12.30]
Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Lady Arden which said.
"Understood and I will convey the information, but be adviced that Sam Haine do not always come when called, the man walk his own path and can be notoriously hard to deal with. I will do my best, and thank you for bringing my best to my relative."
He typed back, 'Let him know a Life Tree is in danger, though we've mustered some defenders for it. And again, thank you.'

Anja wrote:The old war mage looked at Colin for a moment then he nodded.
"If you think your aid in the rescue attemt will be useful then please do so with my gratitude but we havw already taken to long on getting to the Labyrinth, we can not wait for to long, so you will have to yourself consider where you will be able to do the most good."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"Master Sam Haine...I have heard of the man, even met him a few times."
He frowned deeply.
"And yes my filius informed me of the new situation, more more thing to deal with...damned Nephandi."
He nodded, "I'll just pop down and apologise for not participating, then, and get the gas to head out, if that's alright? Best not have them wait for me to join them, and then find out I'm moving on to the next battle already instead..."

((OOC: Starfinder game went well. My doctor wasn't even shot at this time, he managed to stay in cover and shoot healing at the tank. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:36 am

[Ritual Room]

Yes I was thinking a Triangle of Art could be used this will nto be an evocation but the principles can still be used when it comes to sending a person back in time or rather thier mind, it is a good set up for affecting their energy and at the same time shielding the ritualistes from the influence of a earlier timeline and the timeline from the inflience of the ritualists."
George reolied.
"So a Circle with a rtiual og the Art."
The Deacon Primus sigh.
"I know it is not the traditional use child, but the idea of the Triangle of Art is to separate the summoner from the spirit he or she evoked, it is a security measure, this security measure can be adapted to serve as isulation from our work contaminating the timeline more than needed or our minds migeling with the minds being sent, I intend to use it at a isolating fature..."
The old magus said and Crexia nodded as she watched you drawing in the symbols.
"That could work, as I said I never use the Triangle of the Art myself, it became popular much later than when I was first trained, but having some isolating feature to keep the subjects minds seperate and our energies out of the earlier timeline is a good idea."
She agreed and George nodded.

He listened intently then gave a sharp nod. "I understand, sir; at least as much as I need to for the purpose of making the layout." He took the chalk, tied a bit of rope to it and drew out the circle, then used the rope to make the lines for the triangle, as if he'd done so often. Colin could have done it freehand, and done it well but such things were on hand here in the ritual chamber.

// lol glad you didn't seem to get mauled again in your game, Warp.
ooc2: Watching Dr Strange again. Domannu in the movie is defo a big bad Outsider spirit I'd expect certain Nephandi to be truckin' with

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:15 am

Colin smiled thinly, "I can pick a time to scry on myself, and remember the time I picked. It's a bit of a dirty trick, and I'm sure a certain old man will give me a dirty look for it, but it's workable."

"That is quite sneaky practical, but sneaky."
Amadeus said but he sounded like he very much approved of this sneakiness.

[Going down, 12.30]

He typed back, 'Let him know a Life Tree is in danger, though we've mustered some defenders for it. And again, thank you.'

"I will let him know, but that might not be enough Sam Haine do as he pleases."
Came the reply from Philippa.

He nodded, "I'll just pop down and apologise for not participating, then, and get the gas to head out, if that's alright? Best not have them wait for me to join them, and then find out I'm moving on to the next battle already instead..."

"Very well if you come to my office once you have told the ritualists that you are going out I will get you a canister of the gas."
The old war mage said with a frown.
"The foul stuff but we got it so it is ready."

[Ritual Room]

He listened intently then gave a sharp nod. "I understand, sir; at least as much as I need to for the purpose of making the layout." He took the chalk, tied a bit of rope to it and drew out the circle, then used the rope to make the lines for the triangle, as if he'd done so often. Colin could have done it freehand, and done it well but such things were on hand here in the ritual chamber.

You got the circle and triangle created as Crexia and George was still discussing some details of the ritual itself, soon though the preperations was complete.
"So you will lead then Master Steelhaven?"
Crexia asked and George nodded.
"Unless you wish to do so Lady Crexia."
"No I will leave this one to you."

(OOC: No one wanted to shoot your character Warp?)
(OOC 2: I have not seen that film yet I really have to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:03 am

[Going down, 12.30]
Anja wrote:"Very well if you come to my office once you have told the ritualists that you are going out I will get you a canister of the gas."
The old war mage said with a frown.
"The foul stuff but we got it so it is ready."
Colin nodded, then turned on his heel and headed down to the ritual rooms, knocking softly on the door to room 3.

((OOC: The enemies were kind of preoccupied with the two crazies slicing them with light sabers and the giant power-armored juggernaut at the time. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:10 am

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]

You left Jeffry to sort out the last of the details from the run on the old hospital and went down into the basement. The room to ritual room C was open, you saw George and Crexia discussing ritual details, Adley was on the floor drawing up a circle with a Triangle of the Art, and Serge was talking with Vanja. Mara was waiting outside the ritual room for everything to be set up and Nicole was nott here yet it seamed. You allmost walked into Jon only noticing him when he had moved out to the side and spoken your name.
"Hey Colin."
The Virtual Adept commented wryly.

George looked in Colin's direction.
"Ah Mr Wainwright what can I do for you?"
The Deacon Primus asked.

(OOC: Yes that would draw the enemies attention.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 am

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]
Anja wrote:You left Jeffry to sort out the last of the details from the run on the old hospital and went down into the basement. The room to ritual room C was open, you saw George and Crexia discussing ritual details, Adley was on the floor drawing up a circle with a Triangle of the Art, and Serge was talking with Vanja. Mara was waiting outside the ritual room for everything to be set up and Nicole was nott here yet it seamed. You allmost walked into Jon only noticing him when he had moved out to the side and spoken your name.
"Hey Colin."
The Virtual Adept commented wryly.

George looked in Colin's direction.
"Ah Mr Wainwright what can I do for you?"
The Deacon Primus asked.
Colin nodded to everyone, "Sorry, Jon. Ah, just to let you all know the Chief wants me off to see the Exemplar right away, so I'm afraid I'll not be able to participate in the rescue mission. Also, Master Nassa? Lady Arden sends her best regards. Good luck, everyone."
He bowed politely to the gathered Magi, then backpedaled and headed up to Morgan's office again to knock on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:44 am

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]

Colin nodded to everyone, "Sorry, Jon. Ah, just to let you all know the Chief wants me off to see the Exemplar right away, so I'm afraid I'll not be able to participate in the rescue mission. Also, Master Nassa? Lady Arden sends her best regards. Good luck, everyone."

Jon gave a what can you do, I am used to it shrug. George nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, please be careful through."
The Deacon Primus said.
"We are quite covered here though I think, so hopefully we have this whole thing sorted out shortly."
The old mage said with a nod. Amadeus nodded where he stood leaning against the wall drinking a cup of coffee.
"Thanks, that is nice of her, I should go and visit Lady Arden soon she is a relative after all, perhaps when Beatrice have completley recovered, I could bring her along."

He bowed politely to the gathered Magi, then backpedaled and headed up to Morgan's office again to knock on the door.

Jeffry had gotten to his office by the time you got back to the ground floor, you knocked on teh office door and the old magus came to open the door.
"Come in Mr Wainwright."
He said and he handed you a small, wooded box.
"The cannister of gas is in this, I assume I do nto have to tell you how dangerous this substance is."
Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]
Anja wrote:Jon gave a what can you do, I am used to it shrug. George nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, please be careful through."
The Deacon Primus said.
"We are quite covered here though I think, so hopefully we have this whole thing sorted out shortly."
The old mage said with a nod. Amadeus nodded where he stood leaning against the wall drinking a cup of coffee.
"Thanks, that is nice of her, I should go and visit Lady Arden soon she is a relative after all, perhaps when Beatrice have completley recovered, I could bring her along."
Colin nodded, "I'll do my very best, Sir."
Turning to Amadeus, he added, "And yes, I think they'd all like that. I especially suspect Beatrice would utterly adore little Heylel."

Anja wrote:Jeffry had gotten to his office by the time you got back to the ground floor, you knocked on teh office door and the old magus came to open the door.
"Come in Mr Wainwright."
He said and he handed you a small, wooded box.
"The cannister of gas is in this, I assume I do nto have to tell you how dangerous this substance is."
Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice.
He frowned at the size of the box, "I'd have expected something larger, to be honest, but I suppose it would make sense he'd limit the quantities that might be dispersed in case of a single leak... and I know, it'll knock out an Exemplar over Horizon in five years' time or so. Well, probably the same chap..."
He saluted and turned to go, "Ah, yes, and I expect you'll want to have words with me regarding my recruiting Mr. Ameli to our cause. I will accept any reaction you deem appropriate for the indiscretion on my part, but before you decide on what is appropriate, I would like to point out that we were originally supposed to ask him for help against Larson's gang. This time, we won't have a Handler helping us navigate, after all..."

He waited to hear if Morgan had any further comments before opening the door and heading out, to the garage to pick a suitable car, and then off to the warehouse where the Exemplar was waiting...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:15 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]

Colin nodded, "I'll do my very best, Sir."
Turning to Amadeus, he added, "And yes, I think they'd all like that. I especially suspect Beatrice would utterly adore little Heylel."

"She might...but that name, I wish my relative had chosen another name for her child."
Amadeus said wtih a sigh.
"But yes my Mentor was taught by the same mage who taught Philippa Arden so we are family so a visit is in order."
The old Verbena said and George just nodded when you promised to be careful.

[Jeffry's Office 12:45]

He frowned at the size of the box, "I'd have expected something larger, to be honest, but I suppose it would make sense he'd limit the quantities that might be dispersed in case of a single leak... and I know, it'll knock out an Exemplar over Horizon in five years' time or so. Well, probably the same chap..."

"I believe the foul stuff to be quite potent so even if the capsule itself is no bigger than an egg it's effect should carry some distance."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"We got three cannisters of the gas, if you think you will need it you can take a second."

He saluted and turned to go, "Ah, yes, and I expect you'll want to have words with me regarding my recruiting Mr. Ameli to our cause. I will accept any reaction you deem appropriate for the indiscretion on my part, but before you decide on what is appropriate, I would like to point out that we were originally supposed to ask him for help against Larson's gang. This time, we won't have a Handler helping us navigate, after all..."

The old war mage sigh and sat down behind his deask.
"As you know Mr Wainwright I do not like the pressence of a Massassa, but if this creature can do what you say then I can not deny that he will be useful, the homes of the Fallen are called Labyrinths for a reason after all."
Jeffry sigh again.
"I do not like it Mr Wainwright but it seams like you may have made the right call, so while my filia are rather upset at it punishing you for recruiting this vampire seam to serve little purpose, but Mr Ameli was it? He is your responsibility!"

He waited to hear if Morgan had any further comments before opening the door and heading out, to the garage to pick a suitable car, and then off to the warehouse where the Exemplar was waiting...

You got out into the garage, the subaru was in the garage and you headed towards the werehouse, as you got closer there was little, subtle signs that there was something powerful lurking there, wind blew in strange directions, not enough to disturb sleepers, but enough to be noticed, and the temprature flucturated quite a bit, you also noticed that most Umbroods kept a respectful distance from the building, which was located in one of Boston's industrial districs, not wanting to get into the way of the powerful mage turned spirit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:41 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]
Anja wrote:"She might...but that name, I wish my relative had chosen another name for her child."
Amadeus said wtih a sigh.
"But yes my Mentor was taught by the same mage who taught Philippa Arden so we are family so a visit is in order."
The old Verbena said and George just nodded when you promised to be careful.
Colin gave Amadeus a knowing smile, "And yet it is a very suitable name. More so than many might think at first glance."

Anja wrote:"I believe the foul stuff to be quite potent so even if the capsule itself is no bigger than an egg it's effect should carry some distance."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"We got three cannisters of the gas, if you think you will need it you can take a second."
He nodded, "I believe the one shall suffice... We'll want to let Master Telar keep the two others to convert into a shipboard weapons system for the Heart."

Anja wrote:The old war mage sigh and sat down behind his deask.
"As you know Mr Wainwright I do not like the pressence of a Massassa, but if this creature can do what you say then I can not deny that he will be useful, the homes of the Fallen are called Labyrinths for a reason after all."
Jeffry sigh again.
"I do not like it Mr Wainwright but it seams like you may have made the right call, so while my filia are rather upset at it punishing you for recruiting this vampire seam to serve little purpose, but Mr Ameli was it? He is your responsibility!"
He nodded, "Kiasyd have extraordinary abilities when it comes to subterranean navigation - I believe he'll be worth his weight in Primium down there. And he and I are both quite aware he's here as my guest, on my honour. I'll find a suitable peace offering for Miss Mar later."

Anja wrote:You got out into the garage, the subaru was in the garage and you headed towards the werehouse,
He put his phone on speaker mode and called Leland again on the way.

Anja wrote: as you got closer there was little, subtle signs that there was something powerful lurking there, wind blew in strange directions, not enough to disturb sleepers, but enough to be noticed, and the temprature flucturated quite a bit, you also noticed that most Umbroods kept a respectful distance from the building, which was located in one of Boston's industrial districs, not wanting to get into the way of the powerful mage turned spirit.
He took the canister out of the box and examined its mechanism before pocketing it and heading toward the building, pausing and turning back to approach one of the Umbroods nearby, one that looked sufficiently non-hostile, yet powerful, "Peace, O Spirit, my name is Colin, and I would ask a boon from you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:27 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]

Colin gave Amadeus a knowing smile, "And yet it is a very suitable name. More so than many might think at first glance."

"Yes that is what worried me, the twins was concieved or so I hear on Lady Philippa and Master Ir's wedding day, at Master Teomim's gravesite."
Amadeus replied with a frown.
"The name might be all to fitting."

He nodded, "I believe the one shall suffice... We'll want to let Master Telar keep the two others to convert into a shipboard weapons system for the Heart."

"A rather grim weapon."
Jeffry commented.
"But yes I agree Master Telar should get to study the two cannisters."

He nodded, "Kiasyd have extraordinary abilities when it comes to subterranean navigation - I believe he'll be worth his weight in Primium down there. And he and I are both quite aware he's here as my guest, on my honour. I'll find a suitable peace offering for Miss Mar later."

"A fay vampire a most sad creature that but yes you tell me that Mr Amelie can navigate a Labyrinth like no other, if such a realm, for it is always a realm will count as the type of area they can navigate that is."
The Security Chief said then he gave a slight smile.
"I am sure my filia would appriciate that, though you might have to work hard to get back into her good graces Mr Wainwright."
He added with a chuckle but there was no real humor in his voice the pressence of the vampire concerned the Security Chief allot.

[Car Ride 12 45]

He put his phone on speaker mode and called Leland again on the way.

Robin picked up after a few rings.
"Mr Wainwright what can I help you with? Two calls in one night I feel popular here."
The ancient vampire joked.

[The Exemplar]

He took the canister out of the box and examined its mechanism before pocketing it and heading toward the building, pausing and turning back to approach one of the Umbroods nearby, one that looked sufficiently non-hostile, yet powerful, "Peace, O Spirit, my name is Colin, and I would ask a boon from you."

Inside of the box was a small, round vannister, the mechanism was rather like a hand grenade, pull the splint out of the red cylinder and throw.

You found a mid ranged Pattern Spider, the Static Spirit stood observing the pattern of the erratic weather and heating patterns with a scown on it's porcelain like doll face that potruded from the body of a small dog sized spider with clear machine parts, the spirit turned around, it's legs making a tick tick sound as the being moved.
"I am at work mage...but if it is a quick boon I might entertain it."
As the spirit spoke it's cracked porcelain doll face moved, the eyes rolled to meet yours and the mout moved up and down.
"The Pattern Lord calls me Rosie-22B"
The static Umbrood presented itself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:26 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]
Anja wrote:"Yes that is what worried me, the twins was concieved or so I hear on Lady Philippa and Master Ir's wedding day, at Master Teomim's gravesite."
Amadeus replied with a frown.
"The name might be all to fitting."
Colin nodded, "It is. I've met them. Remarkably clever little darling."

Anja wrote:"A fay vampire a most sad creature that but yes you tell me that Mr Amelie can navigate a Labyrinth like no other, if such a realm, for it is always a realm will count as the type of area they can navigate that is."
The Security Chief said then he gave a slight smile.
"I am sure my filia would appriciate that, though you might have to work hard to get back into her good graces Mr Wainwright."
He added with a chuckle but there was no real humor in his voice the pressence of the vampire concerned the Security Chief allot.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, getting back in her good graces will be well worth it... It would be bad form if I seemingly unrepentantly caused your entire lineage's collective hairs to turn prematurely grey and fall out."

[Car Ride 12 45]
Anja wrote:Robin picked up after a few rings.
"Mr Wainwright what can I help you with? Two calls in one night I feel popular here."
The ancient vampire joked.
Colin chuckled softly, "Well, now, Sir, I would think a legend like yourself would never become unpopular. Though I suppose there have been times when the various authorities might not have quite enjoyed the precedent your tale sets."
His voice turned a little more serious, "I'm headed into a dangerous encounter, myself, right now, and I just wanted to check in first, to hear if you'd made contact with the General."

[The Exemplar]
Anja wrote:You found a mid ranged Pattern Spider, the Static Spirit stood observing the pattern of the erratic weather and heating patterns with a scown on it's porcelain like doll face that potruded from the body of a small dog sized spider with clear machine parts, the spirit turned around, it's legs making a tick tick sound as the being moved.
"I am at work mage...but if it is a quick boon I might entertain it."
As the spirit spoke it's cracked porcelain doll face moved, the eyes rolled to meet yours and the mout moved up and down.
"The Pattern Lord calls me Rosie-22B"
The static Umbrood presented itself.
He nodded, "Rosie-22B... a good name. I am about to go speak with the man-become-spirit in the building there. I would ask that, after I have entered to speak with him, the building be protected from any who might seek entry. I may have to incapacitate him, and Those Who Would Unmake All may decide to seek his end while he is defenseless. Is this a Boon you could agree to grant? I will, of course, offer a gift of Quintessence in return."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:33 pm

[Ritual Room]

Adley's eyes widened a bit as he sat back on his feet in a crouch, rubbing a the chalk on his fingertips. "Amicus, be careful...I hope we'll be done soon to come back you up." His brow furrowed, clearly wishing he could just go with him now. "Is there anything you need that I can give you, in haste?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:50 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]

Colin nodded, "It is. I've met them. Remarkably clever little darling."

"Well let us hope they do nto end up being to clevar shall we."
Amadeus replied with a bit of a frown.

He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, getting back in her good graces will be well worth it... It would be bad form if I seemingly unrepentantly caused your entire lineage's collective hairs to turn prematurely grey and fall out."

"I am three hundred years old Mr Wainwright some might argue gray hairs are nto premature but yes I do prefer for all my apprentices to get to keep their hair."
Jeffry replied with a chuckle.
"Then again with you around...at least Helena will eventually return to Chantry Talana in San Fransisco, but please make sure she is still blond when she get back there their Deacon Prima might wonder what we have done to her Security Chief."
He added with a wry grin.
"And then I am so blaming you."

[Car Ride 12 45]

Colin chuckled softly, "Well, now, Sir, I would think a legend like yourself would never become unpopular. Though I suppose there have been times when the various authorities might not have quite enjoyed the precedent your tale sets."

"I might have inspired a rebellion or two in my day and I do not regret it though I prefer slow and orderly change for the better, rebellions tend to be bloody."
Robin replied with a chuckle.
"And I guess that I indeed have my admirerers."

His voice turned a little more serious, "I'm headed into a dangerous encounter, myself, right now, and I just wanted to check in first, to hear if you'd made contact with the General."

"Not yet but I have gotten it confirmed that Spartacus is awake, and I have set up a meeting before dawn."
Robin replied.
"Dangerous encounter, well I will not ask to much but try to stay safe my good man I would hate for you to miss our contest."
He added.

[The Exemplar]

He nodded, "Rosie-22B... a good name. I am about to go speak with the man-become-spirit in the building there. I would ask that, after I have entered to speak with him, the building be protected from any who might seek entry. I may have to incapacitate him, and Those Who Would Unmake All may decide to seek his end while he is defenseless. Is this a Boon you could agree to grant? I will, of course, offer a gift of Quintessence in return."

Rosie-22B regarded you as you spoke, some parts of machinery on her body movied with a ticking sound then finally the Pattern Spider spoke again.
"The man become spirit in there are Dynamic, but it would not displease the Pattern Lord I work for to protect him, and she who made me seek only balance and despise those who would unmake the world, maintaining the tappestry the great web are my task and my purpose, the boon you seek is within my power to grant, I can call others like myself to spin a barriar around the building and stand guard."
Rosie said.
"Yes Quintessence is useful, it is the substance our webs are spun by I will accept this as payment for the boon you seek."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:55 pm

[Steelhaven 12.30]

Anja wrote:"Not that I can think of child but is there anything you think you will be needing save for our own ritual setup?"
George asked the young Cultist kindly.

"The tools in my hands and head will do just fine." Serge said tapping the side of his head with his pencil.

Anja wrote:"As you will Mr Yager."
The Deacon primus replied as he watched Adley work on the circle and then he saw that Vanja had arrived and he smiled.
"Welcome child."
The old mage said politely and the Cultist curtsy.
"Thank you Master Steelhaven."
She spoken and Crexia incluned her head as well and Mara smiled to the younger mage. Vanja came over to Serge.
"So we will be working a ritual together."
The other Cultist said.
"What part will you be doing?"

"Guiding the minds of these guys back to their past selves. Which in a weird way is sorta just guiding these guys back to themselves." Serge explained, looking up from his notepad at the other Cultist. "I assume you'll be helping out with the time stuff?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:41 pm

[Steelhaven 12.30]

"The tools in my hands and head will do just fine." Serge said tapping the side of his head with his pencil.

"Very well then Mr Yager when you are ready you can take your seat inside the circle."
George said and he gestured to the design Adley had just drawn with a hand that both looked young and smooth and old and worn.

"Guiding the minds of these guys back to their past selves. Which in a weird way is sorta just guiding these guys back to themselves." Serge explained, looking up from his notepad at the other Cultist. "I assume you'll be helping out with the time stuff?"

"Sort of, I study a bit of Time but just raw understanding of magick is more my thing. What I am good at though is rituals, I come from the group among our Tradition that have the strongest link to Cult Ex Stasia, the part of the Cult of Mercury that link us to the Hermetic Tradition, where the rest of the Cult of Mercury's base of knowledge was mixed with Greek and Egyptian idea and became the Hermetic Corpus which the Order of Hermes is based ont he Cult Ex Stasia became the Seers of Chronos, I am from the liniage who have survived from Roman times so we still practice much of the Cult of Mercury's ritual practices, so I am just here to assist with the ritual work, something I do very well if I may say so myself."
Vanja said with a proud smile.
"If you are a guide for Mr Roth Hicks and...ehm...was it Miss Bouchard's minds are your focus the mind then perhaps?"
The other Cultist asked as she glanced over at Serge.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:03 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]
S7trif3 wrote:Adley's eyes widened a bit as he sat back on his feet in a crouch, rubbing a the chalk on his fingertips. "Amicus, be careful...I hope we'll be done soon to come back you up." His brow furrowed, clearly wishing he could just go with him now. "Is there anything you need that I can give you, in haste?"
Colin smiled thinly, though there was concern in his eyes, "Yes, Adley... your reassurances that you'll come back unscathed. And ideally without any significant disruptions to the timeline."

Anja wrote:"Well let us hope they do nto end up being to clevar shall we."
Amadeus replied with a bit of a frown.
He nodded, "Oh, I wouldn't worry, they seemed too sensible for that."

Anja wrote:"I am three hundred years old Mr Wainwright some might argue gray hairs are nto premature but yes I do prefer for all my apprentices to get to keep their hair."
Jeffry replied with a chuckle.
"Then again with you around...at least Helena will eventually return to Chantry Talana in San Fransisco, but please make sure she is still blond when she get back there their Deacon Prima might wonder what we have done to her Security Chief."
He added with a wry grin.
"And then I am so blaming you."
He chuckled, "Well, worst case scenario, I'll owe Master Nassa one hell of a favour before the night is through. Not the worst possible outcome of the night, all things considered..."

[Car Ride 12 45]
Anja wrote:"I might have inspired a rebellion or two in my day and I do not regret it though I prefer slow and orderly change for the better, rebellions tend to be bloody."
Robin replied with a chuckle.
"And I guess that I indeed have my admirerers."
He frowned, "Alas, some times the rot and stagnation sits too deep for slow and orderly change... but yes, it is far preferable when things can be improved without bloodshed."

Anja wrote:"Not yet but I have gotten it confirmed that Spartacus is awake, and I have set up a meeting before dawn."
Robin replied.
"Dangerous encounter, well I will not ask to much but try to stay safe my good man I would hate for you to miss our contest."
He added.
He grinned, "Wouldn't miss it for the world. I just hope he has the time to lead his army to Elysium this night, we're going after the monster trying to usurp it tonight. It'd be a bit of a nuisance if he had more reinforcements than necessary."
He paused, "Oh, wait, it's quarter to six in the morning there, of course. Sunrise is, what, just a few minutes shy of two hours off? By your leave, then, Sir."

[The Exemplar]
Anja wrote:Rosie-22B regarded you as you spoke, some parts of machinery on her body movied with a ticking sound then finally the Pattern Spider spoke again.
"The man become spirit in there are Dynamic, but it would not displease the Pattern Lord I work for to protect him, and she who made me seek only balance and despise those who would unmake the world, maintaining the tappestry the great web are my task and my purpose, the boon you seek is within my power to grant, I can call others like myself to spin a barriar around the building and stand guard."
Rosie said.
"Yes Quintessence is useful, it is the substance our webs are spun by I will accept this as payment for the boon you seek."
He bowed, and held out his hand, offering up a dram of his own personal Quintessence, drifting toward the Pattern Spider, "Then I offer my thanks, and this modest offering of Quintessence."

After the exchange was concluded, he made his way to the warehouse, putting on his glasses and looking carefully around for any Correspondence links or active electrical circuits - any indication the place had internal surveillance. He quietly tried to open the door...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:52 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]

He nodded, "Oh, I wouldn't worry, they seemed too sensible for that."

"Hopefully so yes, the problem is if this child will be sensible when they grow up."
Amadeus said with a concerned frown.
"The Verbena are non to please about this kid that have the great betrayer's name, I can tell you that much."

He chuckled, "Well, worst case scenario, I'll owe Master Nassa one hell of a favour before the night is through. Not the worst possible outcome of the night, all things considered..."

"Not the worst no, but it would depend on what the old bastard want in return for his services and how bloody it would get."
Jeffry said wryly and he raised an eyebrow.

[Car Ride 12 45]

He frowned, "Alas, some times the rot and stagnation sits too deep for slow and orderly change... but yes, it is far preferable when things can be improved without bloodshed."

"Agreed there are times when a peaveful solution will not work and a bloody revolution is the only option, however I find that change attained though blood tend to often quickly become as stagnant and corrupted as the regime it replaced, so a peaceful solution and gradual change are better where possible."
Robin agreed.

He grinned, "Wouldn't miss it for the world. I just hope he has the time to lead his army to Elysium this night, we're going after the monster trying to usurp it tonight. It'd be a bit of a nuisance if he had more reinforcements than necessary."
He paused, "Oh, wait, it's quarter to six in the morning there, of course. Sunrise is, what, just a few minutes shy of two hours off? By your leave, then, Sir."

"I hope so as well, I have just managed to find him now, remember this is a very old vampire he do nto have a smart phone, however I will be able to speak with him within the hour, it is cutting it a bit close for him to be able to act before dawn, but hopefully something can be done."
The Brujah replied.
"Off course and take care this night, I feel it is not done with either of us just yet Mr Wainwright."
The vampire replied sound a bit worried.

[The Exemplar]

He bowed, and held out his hand, offering up a dram of his own personal Quintessence, drifting toward the Pattern Spider, "Then I offer my thanks, and this modest offering of Quintessence."

The Pattern Spiider quickly scooped the Quintessence up and cocooned it before putting the cocoon in a compartment in one of it's machine parts.
"I will uphold my end then, and call to those like me."
Rosie-22B said before she started tapping at things with her legs and pedipalps as if she was tapping a great web, claling other Pattern Spiders to her aid. They came from everywhere, some was as large as Rosie and they had machine part and human like faces, often in the form of masks, or doll heads, the smaller Patter Spiders was more animal like, often looking like metallic spiders much like Adley's little friends. The swarm set about the task they had been given, neither of them speaking to Colin unless he spoke to them as they worked on protections for the old werehouse, no further instructions was needed and so the Pattern Spiders worked and spun their web, as was their purpose.

After the exchange was concluded, he made his way to the warehouse, putting on his glasses and looking carefully around for any Correspondence links or active electrical circuits - any indication the place had internal surveillance. He quietly tried to open the door...

You could not see any Correspondence liks or active cameras though there was electricity in the building so it likely had light and perhaps heating as well, though it did not need it for getting close it felt like a hot summer afternoon, heat was readiating out of the building.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:18 pm

[Ritual Room 3 12 45]
Anja wrote:"Hopefully so yes, the problem is if this child will be sensible when they grow up."
Amadeus said with a concerned frown.
"The Verbena are non to please about this kid that have the great betrayer's name, I can tell you that much."
Colin sighed and glanced around, "Yes, well... perhaps a discussion for another time. Still, you know me, and I'll vouch for the child."

Anja wrote:"Not the worst no, but it would depend on what the old bastard want in return for his services and how bloody it would get."
Jeffry said wryly and he raised an eyebrow.
He sighed, then shook his head, "Somehow, I doubt it would be bloody... I don't think he'd let me get off that cheaply."

[Car Ride 12 45]
Anja wrote:"I hope so as well, I have just managed to find him now, remember this is a very old vampire he do nto have a smart phone, however I will be able to speak with him within the hour, it is cutting it a bit close for him to be able to act before dawn, but hopefully something can be done."
The Brujah replied.
"Off course and take care this night, I feel it is not done with either of us just yet Mr Wainwright."
The vampire replied sound a bit worried.
He nodded, "Indeed, the night is yet young for me, coming up on 1 in the morning - you know how one is haunted in one's sleep by the people one has killed? Some of those people, in a way, are most certainly going to be there when we go for that monster Jace, and they're going to be quite personally upset at me... But in the words of Sir Winston Churchill, we'll keep buggering on."

[The Exemplar]
Anja wrote:The Pattern Spiider quickly scooped the Quintessence up and cocooned it before putting the cocoon in a compartment in one of it's machine parts.
"I will uphold my end then, and call to those like me."
Rosie-22B said before she started tapping at things with her legs and pedipalps as if she was tapping a great web, claling other Pattern Spiders to her aid. They came from everywhere, some was as large as Rosie and they had machine part and human like faces, often in the form of masks, or doll heads, the smaller Patter Spiders was more animal like, often looking like metallic spiders much like Adley's little friends. The swarm set about the task they had been given, neither of them speaking to Colin unless he spoke to them as they worked on protections for the old werehouse, no further instructions was needed and so the Pattern Spiders worked and spun their web, as was their purpose.
He smiled wryly to himself as he let them be about their business, "I can't wait to see Adley's face when I tell him this bit..."

Anja wrote:You could not see any Correspondence liks or active cameras though there was electricity in the building so it likely had light and perhaps heating as well, though it did not need it for getting close it felt like a hot summer afternoon, heat was readiating out of the building.
He slipped inside and closed the door behind him, walking slowly into the building with firm steps, deliberately making sure not to sound like he was sneaking up on the resident.

((OOC: This would be a good time to remind us both Colin's developed a mild case of Echoes, that people hear the voice of those gilguled souls they've personally known in this life in his voice - which has not been much of an issue yet, but now he's coming across someone who knew Teomim in life... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next