Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:56 pm

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"I suspect souls would be able to walk the Black Spiral withotu Caul if none existed, and are you so sure their existence is nto a reply to need in the souls that seeks them out, a need to see reality for what it is, horribly corrupt and in need of veing put down?"
The Shard asked.
Colin shrugged, "Perhaps they would... perhaps not. However, someone seeing only the darkness is as blind as someone seeing only the light... The truth, I'm quite sure, is somewhere in-between the extremes."

Anja wrote:"Well that is true, one strand can do little but many strands working together as one can hold allmost any weight...and we are a collection of shard, a community, a endless sea of water drops. Perhaps my host, perhaps, perhaps there will be some way to take down the corrupt, those that cling to power and abuse their lessers...perhaps, we will see."
The former Cultist muttered still doubtful but seaming to accept that there was a possibility to at least take down some of the corruption in the Traditions.
"If you can find enough strands to help you that is."
He smiled thinly, "Finding enough strands isn't the hard part. Convincing them to braid together, well... we will indeed see."

((OOC: Villa seems accurate. "Manor" would also probably fit, though that would probably imply a slightly larger, more imposing house than what the Chantry's got offsite.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:38 pm

[Villa 1 30]

Colin shrugged, "Perhaps they would... perhaps not. However, someone seeing only the darkness is as blind as someone seeing only the light... The truth, I'm quite sure, is somewhere in-between the extremes."

"You seam to have become lost in the analogy of darkness and light, an analogy that simply comes from human beings being afraid of the dark as then we do not see very well and there are predators around so the dark is equaliated to evil and the light when we can see and nocturnal predators sleep are equaliated to good. It is useful in some situations as an anology but not here, cruelty, horror, the dadness of this existence is neither dark nor is it light, it just is and while there are good things as well, I have never claimed it is not, there is not enough good to justify keeping this reality alive."
The Shard replied stubbornly.

He smiled thinly, "Finding enough strands isn't the hard part. Convincing them to braid together, well... we will indeed see."

"It seams you have a challange there then."
The former Cultist commented.
"But we who are your soul will help you, if we can."

(OOC: Manor could be used but I to get the image of a bigger and more rich house than a small two bedroom building which is what the off site Node have built on top of it so villa seamed the most fitting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:48 pm

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"You seam to have become lost in the analogy of darkness and light, an analogy that simply comes from human beings being afraid of the dark as then we do not see very well and there are predators around so the dark is equaliated to evil and the light when we can see and nocturnal predators sleep are equaliated to good. It is useful in some situations as an anology but not here, cruelty, horror, the dadness of this existence is neither dark nor is it light, it just is and while there are good things as well, I have never claimed it is not, there is not enough good to justify keeping this reality alive."
The Shard replied stubbornly.
Colin shrugged, "Ignore the associations with good and evil for a moment - just the extremes. A man is as blinded in complete darkness as he is staring straight at the sun. To be able to get a meaningful view of the whole picture, a mix of light and shadow is necessary; for this analogy, an awareness and acceptance of both the cruel and the kind in the world, of both joy and suffering. Perhaps you are correct in that there's not enough good in the world - the Fallen have certainly had their part in working toward that end - but I defy entropy in that respect; the world can, with great effort, still be made better. It might be teetering on the precipice, but it has not fallen off the cliff yet."

Anja wrote:"It seams you have a challange there then."
The former Cultist commented.
"But we who are your soul will help you, if we can."
He leaned back with a smile, "That, I appreciate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:16 pm

[Villa 1 30]

Colin shrugged, "Ignore the associations with good and evil for a moment - just the extremes. A man is as blinded in complete darkness as he is staring straight at the sun. To be able to get a meaningful view of the whole picture, a mix of light and shadow is necessary; for this analogy, an awareness and acceptance of both the cruel and the kind in the world, of both joy and suffering. Perhaps you are correct in that there's not enough good in the world - the Fallen have certainly had their part in working toward that end - but I defy entropy in that respect; the world can, with great effort, still be made better. It might be teetering on the precipice, but it has not fallen off the cliff yet."

"No I can not accept that. The man I was...my host he tried to fight the impulses we was born with with, he was a good man, he got his darker impulses out through art, and though perhaps some self destructive habits but he was at the core a good man. Once they knew what we was his Cabal abandoned him to live the last few terror filled days of his life alone, utterly alone. My host was interrogated...beaten and left in a cell, he was stripped naked and dragged to the Main Sentencing Hall and after...well you know the horror of what they did to him. Nothing was done to try to diminish his suffering. This is not about a balance between light and dark, a world where friends just abandon one of their own to face a horrible fate alone, where a man awaiting such a fate is beaten and then left to shiver in the corner of a cell alone, I tried to comfort him, to stop his tears but he barely felt me in that damned cell. I was powerless to help my host, he was terrified and he was suffering and he was utterly alone, a world that allow this that is not a world worth perserving."
The Shard shouted bitterly.
"Now I know I have very ltitle power, my ability to influence your actions are minimal and my existence is just that of a shadow and nothing else, but what I will not do is accept that a world where what happened to my host is allowed to happen is worth perserving, the world need to end, it need to have never been and you will nto change my mind on that!"

He leaned back with a smile, "That, I appreciate."

"Broken as we are, we have become an Avatar together, we must do our job."
The former Cultist muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 pm

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"No I can not accept that. The man I was...my host he tried to fight the impulses we was born with with, he was a good man, he got his darker impulses out through art, and though perhaps some self destructive habits but he was at the core a good man. Once they knew what we was his Cabal abandoned him to live the last few terror filled days of his life alone, utterly alone. My host was interrogated...beaten and left in a cell, he was stripped naked and dragged to the Main Sentencing Hall and after...well you know the horror of what they did to him. Nothing was done to try to diminish his suffering. This is not about a balance between light and dark, a world where friends just abandon one of their own to face a horrible fate alone, where a man awaiting such a fate is beaten and then left to shiver in the corner of a cell alone, I tried to comfort him, to stop his tears but he barely felt me in that damned cell. I was powerless to help my host, he was terrified and he was suffering and he was utterly alone, a world that allow this that is not a world worth perserving."
The Shard shouted bitterly.
"Now I know I have very ltitle power, my ability to influence your actions are minimal and my existence is just that of a shadow and nothing else, but what I will not do is accept that a world where what happened to my host is allowed to happen is worth perserving, the world need to end, it need to have never been and you will nto change my mind on that!"
Colin nodded slowly, "No-one should accept a world in which that is allowed... but that is not the same as simply deciding to end the world entirely. There's the alternative of making sure the rest of the world finds righteous outrage at the atrocity, and no longer allows it. A world that allows such cruelty should not be preserved, but changed, drastically so."

Anja wrote:"Broken as we are, we have become an Avatar together, we must do our job."
The former Cultist muttered.
He nodded, "So must we all... Hm, I think it must be about time for everyone to gather to strike now, and my teacup is empty. I bid you goodnight, Richard."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:27 pm

[Villa 1 30]

Colin nodded slowly, "No-one should accept a world in which that is allowed... but that is not the same as simply deciding to end the world entirely. There's the alternative of making sure the rest of the world finds righteous outrage at the atrocity, and no longer allows it. A world that allows such cruelty should not be preserved, but changed, drastically so."

"The world have had milennia to change and now allow such atrocities my host, at what point do you wake up and realize the changes will never happen? Sure one nation, or one order or one group might change for the better, but the world at large will never change, cruelty is at the core of existence, so it must be destroyed, or rather unmade so none of the cruelty have ever happened, that way my host will never have suffered alone in a cell on Horizon, he would have never been afraid and crying in a corner, it is the only thing I can hope for to help him now."
The Shard said sadly.

He nodded, "So must we all... Hm, I think it must be about time for everyone to gather to strike now, and my teacup is empty. I bid you goodnight, Richard."

"Good night my host, try to keep yourself alive an uninjured, Mia get into a rather grumphy mood when you get yourself hurt, and we do nto want Mia angry now do we."
The former Cultist said then he gave a slight bow and disapeared into the mass of other shards deep in your soul.

At this point you got a text from Bruce that said.
"We are on our way, the cars should be at the villa shortly. I have sent this tot he Chief as well, let us kick Nephandi butts!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:12 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"I have a cannister of something that can help make the cars more durable."
Bruce commented.
"Well we can cast a quick ward on the cars if you want Sodalis."
The House Thig member with the blue hair commented.
"That should do it."
He added as the group moved towards the garage.

"Good, let's get that set up please. I'd like to say it's just a short ride or whatever, but last time I thought that a road was thrown at us. So, precautions."

// sorry, been a long couple days at work, plus firesmoke still, plus it's been like 37C, with no AC at my house. At least at work there was AC lol but sleep? Guess that's optional. And there might be power disruptions, so just a heads up.
ooc2: in the US, 'manor' can imply an estate that is or was the plantation owner's house (big house in the south) or an inherited house with land that a landowning colonists would live in. Villa can be used for a second home, a garden retreat or country estate out of the city  like on the coast of Newport or the Hamptons. It's not quite a mansion but you're rich enough to have another summer home, so you drop lines like, 'oh we're going to the villa for the summer to escape the dreadful heat and to fight off Susan's consumption.'  Mostly, people just call everything houses, or apartments in modern times. I just figured they called it that as it was an off-site property that the original owners of the chantry building (who were probably rich land people) had inherited or built and it

Last edited by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:27 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"Good, let's get that set up please. I'd like to say it's just a ten minute ride, but last time I thought that a road was thrown at us. So, precautions."

"I will get to work on the spray then and you Hermetics can do your mystical shit."
Bruce commented with a grunt and then he went to do just that. The House Thig member glanced at Aldey.
"So do you want me to set up wards for the cars myself or work witht he rest of you guys also...ehm the road was thrown at you? What?"
The young magus asked and the scratched his blue hair.
"Well a story for antoher time I guess."

(OOC: Not a problem just post when you can real life happens.)
(OOC 2: Here in Norway a house with a garden is a villa, so my mother's house which is in no way luxerious, I mean she worked as a nurse until she decided to open an alternative theraphy clinic that do not get you rich but it is a house and it have a garden so it is a villa.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:13 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"I will get to work on the spray then and you Hermetics can do your mystical shit."
Bruce commented with a grunt and then he went to do just that. The House Thig member glanced at Aldey.
"So do you want me to set up wards for the cars myself or work witht he rest of you guys also...ehm the road was thrown at you? What?"
The young magus asked and the scratched his blue hair.
"Well a story for antoher time I guess."

He shrugged at Bruce's comment about 'mystical shit,' seeming used to him using that term for, well, mystical shit, and then said to the Thigg, "I know you use computers and such, but if I can help I certainly will if I have the appropriate abilities," he offered.

// yeah I mean it's not like US uses the same terms everywhere either, it varies regionally. Boardinghouses aren't common as anymore as they were used in the past, in Boston they were pretty common into the 40-50s, so it makes sense that the chantry used to be one. They were replaced here in my west coast city with the term SROs that have rooms shared or single, and shared bathrooms (single residency occupancy) as housing issues increased rapidly. SROs, due to local rental/tenent and zoning laws, operate in a way that people can't stay in them more than 29 consecutive days (or they will meet the criteria for renters, and get rental rights). Dorms otoh as a term are mostly used for school students attending college/uni away from their local home. And now of course we have AirB&Bs too, but SF, like Boston is basically increasingly unaffordable to live in, having the villa is a big deal. Telana having it's own building in SF would also be a huge deal if someone owned it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:02 pm

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

Anja wrote:"A time buttle then? Yeah that is practical."
Stephen said as he joined you at the table after he had filled a glass of soda for himself, speaking softly and moving quietly so that he would not wake up Kyle who had fallen alseep on the sofa mid game it seamed for the controller was still in his hand as he lay on the sofa with a game on pause on the TV, now on mute. Stephen had put a blanket over the younger Hermetic so the kid would not get cold. Stephen gave his relative a concerned look then he turned towards Serge.
"Are you joining the run on the Labyritnh Sir?"
The young Flambeau asked in a whisper.

"I don't think so." Serge whispered with a shake of his head. "Wasn't asked to go. Plus I feel like I'd do better helping out around here. That's what I did last Labyrinth run as well."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:23 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

He shrugged at Bruce's comment about 'mystical shit,' seeming used to him using that term for, well, mystical shit, and then said to the Thigg, "I know you use computers and such, but if I can help I certainly will if I have the appropriate abilities," he offered.

"I do use computers yes but I also use regular Hermetic theory and symbolism it is just I fit that into a program instead of chanting or waving my hands around in the air."
The techno mage muttered.
"Hum...what if we decide on the symbolism then I can run a program on it and you could do said chanting and hand waving?"
The Ruby child offered.
"That should work as a way to work in concert right?"

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

"I don't think so." Serge whispered with a shake of his head. "Wasn't asked to go. Plus I feel like I'd do better helping out around here. That's what I did last Labyrinth run as well."

"Well you are really good and keeping pepole calm so that might be a good idea Sir and the Chantry will need defenders if some of our enemies decide to attack us while the big guns are out Nephandi hunting."
Stephen commented in a soft tone of voice.
"Though I am sure a war party could need a mentalist as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:44 am

[Nicole's Apartment, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

'Can't explain over a phone line.' Nicole replied. 'And no, that ain't a disguised "not gonna tell". Have you been sorted for somewhere to sleep? And something to eat?'

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh to this.

[Nicole's Apartment, 1.00]

Anja's Post:

'It's open.' the Etherite will call out, pulling herself off the couch and moving back towards the place she'd dumped her carbine and webbing from the last attack.

[Using British terminology, I always saw Steelhaven as originally a 'club'; a place which offered furnished bedsits for 'well-bred young ladies'. Idea being, it's a semi-supervised place for your genteel and pure daughter to live in for a year or two 'independently' while she's working in an office / studying so she could find a husband. That when remodelled after the Chantry bought it, said bedsits were uprated to studio apartments (save the few which are two bedrooms). Though Strife is right; it's highly likely neither Nick or Adley would be able to afford the conditions they have at the Chantry if paying 'market rate'. And even then, most Americans would class the place as 'uncomfortably crowded'.]

[In the UK, a house has a garden by default. Only partial exception are 'townhouses' which might be limited to a tiny bit of hardstanding for bins, a patio or car-spot. I personally imagined the 'villa' as anything between an pre-war flat-pack on what was the suburb of Boston to an little old farmhouse which had long been eaten by the Boston sprawl.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:34 am

'Can't explain over a phone line.' Nicole replied. 'And no, that ain't a disguised "not gonna tell". Have you been sorted for somewhere to sleep? And something to eat?'

"I trust you Nicole you have always been fair to me so i trust you if you say you will explain later."
Trina replied.
"Yeah I have gotten some food and a bed I can use, but I will probably stay up with Karin in case she wakes up and is scared you know."

A soft laugh to this.

Trina added a soft chuckle to this.

It's open.' the Etherite will call out, pulling herself off the couch and moving back towards the place she'd dumped her carbine and webbing from the last attack.

First you heard nothing then Jon stood before you.
"Hey Nick, we are heading out to hit the Labyrinth now...did you want to come? Also I was wondering if I could borrow a clip of ammo from you. I suspect I will be holding back and helping out with ops but having a few extra rounds if I need them would be nice."
The Virtual Adept requested.

(OOC: It was a more or less bording house for fine young ladies yes, with a house mother that watched over the girls, some of them would be living there while having a job at an office and such while some was living there while studying, and yes the place was remodeled after George Steelhaven bought the building.)

(OOC 2: By Norwegian standards anything that are stand alone are a villa. So what I live in which is several small houses together in a line, I am not sure what that is called in English, in Norwegian they are Rekkehus, translated to line houses, would not be a ville but my mother's small stand alone house is a villa.)

(OOC 3: Yes Chantry Talana own the building they are in but it is notiginally zoned for living quarters it is an old school building.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:53 pm

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"The world have had milennia to change and now allow such atrocities my host, at what point do you wake up and realize the changes will never happen? Sure one nation, or one order or one group might change for the better, but the world at large will never change, cruelty is at the core of existence, so it must be destroyed, or rather unmade so none of the cruelty have ever happened, that way my host will never have suffered alone in a cell on Horizon, he would have never been afraid and crying in a corner, it is the only thing I can hope for to help him now."
The Shard said sadly.
Colin nodded sadly, "The world at large... has made great strides, and sufffered occasional setbacks. But cruelty, on the whole, has been diminished when outrage over it has grown strong enough - for example, in America, they fought a civil war to end slavery, in part because so many slave owners were quite monstrous about it. It all too often takes a great shock to wake people up to the inhumanity of Man, this is true, but it does happen from time to time with great enough force to change the world drastically. While there is still room for improvement, slavery is largely outlawed world-wide. Diseases that once claimed nine children out of ten have been mostly eradicated with modern medicine, and diseases that would mean a fairly quick and painful death can now be controlled, allowing people to live full, long lives in spite of it all... It's not quite as impossible as you might believe, but I'm not pretending it will be quick or easy, either."

Anja wrote:"Good night my host, try to keep yourself alive an uninjured, Mia get into a rather grumphy mood when you get yourself hurt, and we do nto want Mia angry now do we."
The former Cultist said then he gave a slight bow and disapeared into the mass of other shards deep in your soul.
He chuckled wryly, "Some times, I wonder whether it's Mia or Freddy who'd be the most upset if I got injured..."

Anja wrote:At this point you got a text from Bruce that said.
"We are on our way, the cars should be at the villa shortly. I have sent this tot he Chief as well, let us kick Nephandi butts!"
He smiled thinly as he read the message, and headed back up the stairs, "Excellent..."

((OOC: I believe the term you're looking for is "row houses".))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 pm

[Villa 1 30]

Colin nodded sadly, "The world at large... has made great strides, and sufffered occasional setbacks. But cruelty, on the whole, has been diminished when outrage over it has grown strong enough - for example, in America, they fought a civil war to end slavery, in part because so many slave owners were quite monstrous about it. It all too often takes a great shock to wake people up to the inhumanity of Man, this is true, but it does happen from time to time with great enough force to change the world drastically. While there is still room for improvement, slavery is largely outlawed world-wide. Diseases that once claimed nine children out of ten have been mostly eradicated with modern medicine, and diseases that would mean a fairly quick and painful death can now be controlled, allowing people to live full, long lives in spite of it all... It's not quite as impossible as you might believe, but I'm not pretending it will be quick or easy, either."

"And yet new ways to be cruel show up constantly, and yes are beaten down and then new ways show up again, human kind want to be cruel, politics and laws prevent some of it, and perhaps the laws and culture is, better now and still give human kind a chance to hate, tear down and be cruel and the chance is eagerly grabbed, this world is beyond saving."
The Shard replied with a sigh.

He chuckled wryly, "Some times, I wonder whether it's Mia or Freddy who'd be the most upset if I got injured..."

"It would be a steep competition."
The former Cultist replied with another chuckle.

He smiled thinly as he read the message, and headed back up the stairs, "Excellent..."

You found the three Master magi in the living room, keeping an eye on the troll doll and drinking tea.
"Did you manage to settle yourself down Mr Wainwright?"
Darrian asked.
"The rest of the strike team are on their way."
Jeffry said before he eplied his tea cup.
"If there is anything anyone need to do to get ready now is the time for it."

(OOC: Ah yes that would fit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:20 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

He asked Bruce, "Do the cars have enough gas and everything?"

"I do use computers yes but I also use regular Hermetic theory and symbolism it is just I fit that into a program instead of chanting or waving my hands around in the air."
The techno mage muttered.
"Hum...what if we decide on the symbolism then I can run a program on it and you could do said chanting and hand waving?"
The Ruby child offered.
"That should work as a way to work in concert right?"

He nodded to him. "Yes, it should. What sort of program are you running? Then we can quickly run through what waving bits I'll do." He smiled a little.

// the chantry would not be considered uncomfortably crowded for most people used to being in a metro city in the US - the members are able to have their own room, even a parking spot for their car (people rent their parking spots). Overcrowding might mean sharing rooms when you don't really want to, but you do to be able to afford it/space, and converting lots of nonessential rooms into extra bedding rooms. For example in SF, people convert closets into rooms and rent them out, turning them into 'pods'. A bunk in a double bed cubby in SF rented for 1200 in 2019, this is literally just a bed. Boston is going that way, too. So yeah, the chantry members get a huge break. Telana has property in SF, that's a big deal, even if they're not rich with cash flow having that is a big deal. Hrm, row houses might be called townhouses here, but those are usually condos (apartments you own but share in common property, so you have to deal with a homeowner association to pay in part for that). Those are common in SF and in Boston, called brownstones in NYC.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:11 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

He asked Bruce, "Do the cars have enough gas and everything?"

"I think so yeah."
Bruce replied with a nod.

He nodded to him. "Yes, it should. What sort of program are you running? Then we can quickly run through what waving bits I'll do." He smiled a little.

"Here, I wrote it myself."
The techno mage said and he turned the computer to show you, it was a program where he could draw in sigils and circles and symbols, there was sound files of vibrated words, candles that could be lit and even written on, a fully equipped virtual altar that he could manipulate and then once he pressed enter a small video og the ritual he had decided to run would show on the screen before the program reset itself again."
"I use this for most quick workings where I do nto feel the need to write something spesific for that working, or you know summon something for the internet or anything to demanding."
The Ruby Child replied.
"So what about your waving, what do you use Sodalis?"

(OOC: Yeah we share garden space but each unit is it's own thing with an apartment with an attic, completely it's own unit.)

(OOC 2: Lol at waving, I was just discussing with my D&D group how my wizard trained but became a Warlock before he was done character is so frustrated at this other warlock he knows who just wave her hands a bit and do a tossing motion, he expect precise, complicate gestures and she just curl her fingers as if she is holding something and toss it, no finesse at all.)

(OOC 3: Yes the Deacon Cabal at Talana owns the building.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"I think so yeah."
Bruce replied with a nod.

"Good, let's make sure we don't have time to make a pit stop."

"Here, I wrote it myself."
The techno mage said and he turned the computer to show you, it was a program where he could draw in sigils and circles and symbols, there was sound files of vibrated words, candles that could be lit and even written on, a fully equipped virtual altar that he could manipulate and then once he pressed enter a small video og the ritual he had decided to run would show on the screen before the program reset itself again."
"I use this for most quick workings where I do nto feel the need to write something spesific for that working, or you know summon something for the internet or anything to demanding."
The Ruby Child replied.
"So what about your waving, what do you use Sodalis?"

He raised an eyebrow at the virtual tableau in front of him. "Interesting. Well, I can't use arts fati, so I can't make our vehicles more circumspect as my friend can but I can quick ask around to see if someone else can...I can probably assist in a working to see if it is being tampered with, as with vim or spiritual ars....I might be able to assist with an ars conjunctionalis working but I am only a beginner in that art."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:49 pm

Anja's Post:

'Understood. And it's appreciated.' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:

'Do I want to come?' the Etherite echoed, picking up her carbine and checking the action. 'You make it sound like some kind of treat, like teach did when were went to that packing warehouse.' giving a smirk as she put the carbine to the side and picked up her webbing. 'Ammo? What calibre you need?'

[True (but I said 'most'); Boston is London's equal in density, while SF is close to Hong Kong. Adley would be used to Prov-levels (third lower than Boston) and Boston may seem positively empty to Serge when compared to NY (3x Prov). Nick's Woonsocket is half of Prov, but she's used to chronic overcrowding due to poverty. People sometimes forget that New England has densities/distances more akin to Old England than the rest of the USA.]

[Well, it all depends on whether the 'line' of houses have party walls. If they do, I'd call them 'suburban terraced' ('row house' means you're either a snob or an estate agent), if not they're 'suburban detached'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:16 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"Good, let's make sure we don't have time to make a pit stop."

"We are not going that far so everyone can just check their gas guage when they start the car up."
Bruce said.
"That is faster than me checking the gas on each and every car."

He raised an eyebrow at the virtual tableau in front of him. "Interesting. Well, I can't use arts fati, so I can't make our vehicles more circumspect as my friend can but I can quick ask around to see if someone else can...I can probably assist in a working to see if it is being tampered with, as with vim or spiritual ars....I might be able to assist with an ars conjunctionalis working but I am only a beginner in that art."

"I know a little Ars Fati so I can help with that but asking if someone can help out is probably a good idea Sodalis."
The techno mage said with a nod.
"It depend on what you want us to do, make us less likely to be discovered? Make the cars more durable, have them protected from magick and or spirits, it depends on which of these you want to focus on what Ars needs to be used."

'Understood. And it's appreciated.' Nicole replied.

"Well thanks for checking up on us Nicole I appriciate it."
Trina whispered.

'Do I want to come?' the Etherite echoed, picking up her carbine and checking the action. 'You make it sound like some kind of treat, like teach did when were went to that packing warehouse.' giving a smirk as she put the carbine to the side and picked up her webbing. 'Ammo? What calibre you need?'

"Well it is a job that have to be done."
Jon said with a shrug.
"It will not be fun, it will be dangerous and likely we will loose someone and we will have to kill others, it is not a fun thing but we are at war and we can not allow the Fallen to walk all over us you know."
He added.
"9mm for my gun, I do not use it allot, but I thought it was better to bring it and not need it than to leave it behind and be defenseless if one of the Nephies find me. I mean my magick is not always all that fast, depend if I have prepared an app for it beforehand or not."

(OOC: Terraced apartments that is what they are called.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:37 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"I know a little Ars Fati so I can help with that but asking if someone can help out is probably a good idea Sodalis."
The techno mage said with a nod.
"It depend on what you want us to do, make us less likely to be discovered? Make the cars more durable, have them protected from magick and or spirits, it depends on which of these you want to focus on what Ars needs to be used."

He thought about it. Too much magick would make the cars stick out more, and using ars fati meant that the cars would not be able to communicate with each other, which they might need to do if they got split up for some reason. "Hrm, something subtle would be best, and we don't need it to last a long time. What about correspondence to get us there on good time, and to be more aware of our surroundings in case something tries to sneak up on us?" he suggested. "We could put a spell on one of the rearview mirrors for example..."

// I'm from there; I never meant that there wasn't variance depending on social factors and also perceptions based on where you are from originally. Lots of the old mill buildings that managed not to burn down by the 90s in RI and MA were converted into expensive condos (at least for the area) and the old falling apart worker's housing are largely apartments, that are were step near being condemned by the time I left. Another type of common housing are duplexes which are houses but split into two apartment and Section 9 housing developments. Adley went to school in Boston and probably thought it was busier at first than Providence, but is pretty used to it by now and would know that other people that are out of dorm would be sharing housing and that rental rates are out of his ability to pay for it. He'd be back in Providence, maybe even back in his family house, commuting (probably by train because parking also costs too much) like most people if it weren't for the chantry. I assume he's been to Telana a few times to visit his sora, but probably didn't have as much time to form more than an tourist's opinion.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:58 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

He thought about it. Too much magick would make the cars stick out more, and using ars fati meant that the cars would not be able to communicate with each other, which they might need to do if they got split up for some reason. "Hrm, something subtle would be best, and we don't need it to last a long time. What about correspondence to get us there on good time, and to be more aware of our surroundings in case something tries to sneak up on us?" he suggested. "We could put a spell on one of the rearview mirrors for example..."

"Sure I can do that. I could lead a working for it, with a little help it would be stronger."
The blue haired man replied with a grin.
"We might also want to consider asking a spirit or two for protection, we could make a deal with them to protect the cars for some time, and stay on their own layers of the Umbra unless needed then it would not be that easy to discover that they keep watch over the vheicles."
The Ruby Child suggjested.
"I will set up for the spell if you ask around and see if some more of our Sodalis want to help out?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm

[Common Room 1 20am]

"Sure I can do that. I could lead a working for it, with a little help it would be stronger."
The blue haired man replied with a grin.

"Sounds good then."

"We might also want to consider asking a spirit or two for protection, we could make a deal with them to protect the cars for some time, and stay on their own layers of the Umbra unless needed then it would not be that easy to discover that they keep watch over the vheicles."
The Ruby Child suggjested.

"That's a good idea, to have a lookout. I can help with that, as well."

"I will set up for the spell if you ask around and see if some more of our Sodalis want to help out?"

"Will, do. Be back shortly." He gave him a nod and then went to see which Hermetics or those that could work with them might be around to help from the group going on the mission.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:29 am

Anja's Post:

'You're welcome.' Nicole replied. Unless the Kinfolk had anything to add, she'll then end the call.

Anja's Post:

'Nor was the warehouse. Fun, that is.' the Etherite quipped with a little smirk. 'More pointing out the fact that doing this kind of shit is, like my job.'

Anja's Post:

'Assume you mean Para, not Makarov. Though think I've got a bit of that kicking about too...' Nicole replied, moving over to a metal footlocker and opening it up, showing a myriad of boxes. 'Hmm... there it is.' she said to herself, grabbing a rather large pack. 'Just standard stuff.' proffering it across the room so she didn't have to get off the floor just yet.

[Just an observation, not a dig. Plus, it means the three's 'personal space bubbles' are probably smaller than the average American (though Nick *was* attempting 'the Johnson treatment' on Adley in the hall earlier).]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:01 am

[Common Room 1 20am]

"Sounds good then."

"I will start the preperations then."
The Ruby Child commented.

"That's a good idea, to have a lookout. I can help with that, as well."

"Great, I will set that up, then you can do your waving and I will work with my program."
The House Thig member said with a grin.

"Will, do. Be back shortly." He gave him a nod and then went to see which Hermetics or those that could work with them might be around to help from the group going on the mission.

Well there was the visiting Hermetics, Antonio and Crexia and Mara, Vanja was there as well and she could work with Hermetics, you probably would not need all of those to help with such a simple working though, for that would end up with one hell of a ward.

'You're welcome.' Nicole replied. Unless the Kinfolk had anything to add, she'll then end the call.

Trina had nothing else to add, she seamed a bit tired and worn but was determined to sit with her friend and support her.

'Nor was the warehouse. Fun, that is.' the Etherite quipped with a little smirk. 'More pointing out the fact that doing this kind of shit is, like my job.'

"True enough that Nick, then again as none of us want the Nephandi to win it is sort of all of our jobs, you just happen to be good at it."
Jon replied.

'Assume you mean Para, not Makarov. Though think I've got a bit of that kicking about too...' Nicole replied, moving over to a metal footlocker and opening it up, showing a myriad of boxes. 'Hmm... there it is.' she said to herself, grabbing a rather large pack. 'Just standard stuff.' proffering it across the room so she didn't have to get off the floor just yet.

"Ehm...yeah I think it says so on the boxes of ammo I buy for the gun."
The Virtual Adept replied. He took the pack you offered.
"I doubt I will need this much."
He said.
"But thank you, should I take what I need and leave the rest?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next