Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 29 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 pm

[villa 2]

He showed him what to do and how it worked, using his own phone for reference as he transferred it over.

You managed to teach the old Verbena how to set up the wireless headphones, Amadeus grumbeled a bit but he got the whole thing to work after a while.
"Hum...very well it seams to be working now."
He muttered.

He looked over at Jon - he'd forgotten he was there /again/ and made a frustrated sound. Then he nodded as he talked about his tracking spell, which he'd /also/ forgot he had. He took his phone out and went through the options to find the right filter. "That will be helpful," he agreed.

You had to search a bit for Jon's app had become uninstalled, but you found it again and brought it back up and saw all the mage dots and the dots that indicated Mr Amelie and the two Fera as well as the villa's spirits, at least the program was still working. Jon gave a bit of a what can you do shrug, he was used to being forgotten and assumed that you had indeed forgotten he was there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 29 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:41 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Precicely so mr Wainwright, eventyally the new personality are likely to show itself but I am concerned about possession during the mission which might not be discovered during combat if the ghost desire to stay hidden. There is always also the chance of partial possessions, not all possessions are the hollywood style where the spirit displace the soul of the body's owner taking it over completely, often it is a vile influence not a full on change of who is in control of the body in question."
Crexia said with a frown.
"My app should still be able to discover a partial possession I think Lady Crexia."
Jon said and the lich nodded.
"Exxelent, then we at least have a defense there Mr Sherman and I am quite adapt at seeing spirits and the undead myself as well."
Colin nodded, "Good, then that's one less thing to worry overly much about."

Anja wrote:"I do not, the book I learned from presented it more like taking on more and more of the caracteristics of the animal you want to change into, a sort of fake it until you make it thing, you can see it as a furthering of the common Taoist deer excerise where some qualities of a deer is sought to better health. I do know some who do shed their skin though and use the skin of another being to take their shape. Even among hedge wizards Paradigm is a thing."
Henrietta explained.
He nodded, "I know, but I've not seen you transform yet, and it seemed improper to pry unless it was strategically important. I'll admit I don't know enough about Daoism to comment on that, but I'm sure Dr. Lee would be more than willing to elaborate further on the matter... In any case, as you are not the type to change your skin like a change of clothes, there should be no problem at all."

S7trif3 wrote:"An emergency way out for those with your spell on...." he nodded towards Anna.
He grinned, "Ah, of course, Anna knows how to dismiss her ward with a whisper, and if she appears on Mr. Davenport's scans, he knows that's the cue for an emergency extraction. Anyone else will be given a similar, personal means of immediately dropping the ward for emergency departure - which is why I asked they check in with Master Davenport first."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:04 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin nodded, "Good, then that's one less thing to worry overly much about."

"Well it makes it easier at least we have to assume some of our enemies can evade magickal detection or change how we percieve them but Mr Sherman's spell will certinly be useful to detect those ghosts who do not have such tricks up their sleeves."
Crexia replied with a nod and Jon smiled a little.

He nodded, "I know, but I've not seen you transform yet, and it seemed improper to pry unless it was strategically important. I'll admit I don't know enough about Daoism to comment on that, but I'm sure Dr. Lee would be more than willing to elaborate further on the matter... In any case, as you are not the type to change your skin like a change of clothes, there should be no problem at all."

"I am no expert on Taoism either I just know about that one ritual and that it follow the same principles as my shapeshifting but to a lesser degree."
Henrietta said.
"I mean it would be a problem if every sleeper who tried the deer excersise then got cloves, horns and went out to eat the neigbor's rose bushes."
The hedge wizards said with a chuckle.
"Actually when Steelhaven was attacked earlier this evening I transformed but I do not think I ran into you Mr Wainwright, but no, I do not shed my skin to change, and the rest is uneccesary details right now I guess since all we need to know right now is if the scrambler will work and it looks like it will."

He grinned, "Ah, of course, Anna knows how to dismiss her ward with a whisper, and if she appears on Mr. Davenport's scans, he knows that's the cue for an emergency extraction. Anyone else will be given a similar, personal means of immediately dropping the ward for emergency departure - which is why I asked they check in with Master Davenport first."

Anna nodded at this.
"I am good both at raising wards and taking them down!"
She declared proudly glancing over at Adley as she spoke.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:18 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

Colin's Post:

Silent thought; 'well, if they've like pretending to be you, how would they know how you acted to do the pretending?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:36 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Well it makes it easier at least we have to assume some of our enemies can evade magickal detection or change how we percieve them but Mr Sherman's spell will certinly be useful to detect those ghosts who do not have such tricks up their sleeves."
Crexia replied with a nod and Jon smiled a little.
Colin grinned to Jon, "Good man, Jon."

Anja wrote:"I am no expert on Taoism either I just know about that one ritual and that it follow the same principles as my shapeshifting but to a lesser degree."
Henrietta said.
"I mean it would be a problem if every sleeper who tried the deer excersise then got cloves, horns and went out to eat the neigbor's rose bushes."
The hedge wizards said with a chuckle.
"Actually when Steelhaven was attacked earlier this evening I transformed but I do not think I ran into you Mr Wainwright, but no, I do not shed my skin to change, and the rest is uneccesary details right now I guess since all we need to know right now is if the scrambler will work and it looks like it will."
He chuckled, "Just stay out of my rosebush... she's old and delicate as it is, and may be the last survivor of its kind."

Anja wrote:Anna nodded at this.
He arched an eyebrow, "Especially when you have the key to the back door, Sweetie... but yes, yes you are."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:20 am

[villa 2]

You managed to teach the old Verbena how to set up the wireless headphones, Amadeus grumbeled a bit but he got the whole thing to work after a while.
"Hum...very well it seams to be working now."
He muttered.

"Good."

Jon gave a bit of a what can you do shrug, he was used to being forgotten and assumed that you had indeed forgotten he was there.

"Sorry...' he muttered, then nodded to him when he got the app to work again, finding it had uninstalled itself took him a moment to figure out. Even though the same thing had happened before...

He arched an eyebrow, "Especially when you have the key to the back door, Sweetie... but yes, yes you are."

'Oh, excellent. Thank you." He seemed satisfied that it wouldn't put them in a corner, gave Anna a nod with a small smile. Then he finished up attending to whomever else needed a headset that the others hadn't gotten to yet.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:43 am

[Villa 2]

Colin grinned to Jon, "Good man, Jon."

This made Jon grin proudly again.

He chuckled, "Just stay out of my rosebush... she's old and delicate as it is, and may be the last survivor of its kind."

"I shall try to avoid eating any of your plants Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said with wry smile.

"Yeah especially then dad."
The young girl said happily.
"But I am good at it regardless."

"Good."

"Well thank you."
Amadeus grunted with a grimace as if thanking the young Hermetic for anything physiclaly hurt.

"Sorry...' he muttered, then nodded to him when he got the app to work again, finding it had uninstalled itself took him a moment to figure out. Even though the same thing had happened before...

"It is what it is."
Jon said with a sigh and a shrug.

Oh, excellent. Thank you." He seemed satisfied that it wouldn't put them in a corner, gave Anna a nod with a small smile. Then he finished up attending to whomever else needed a headset that the others hadn't gotten to yet.

You got the headsets distributed around as Henrietta plodded over to Colin to get the Scrambler put on her.
"If you don't mind then  Mr Wainwright I will accept your offer as it seams we are about to head out."
The young hedge wizard requested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:17 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:"That the tree just stand there worry me, but at least she is not attacking us, but I wonder what her motivation is."
Helena said with a frown.
"As for our other guest good, he is a Technocrat but seam to be a innocent kid and being a prisoner and being tied down is no fun, hopefully we can release him soon."

"It worries me too. You'd think she'd do something with her limited precious time of existence." Serge grumbled. "I might just sit around staring at her. Don't have much else to do. Unless you have something else that needs doing?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:59 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Helena nodded thoughtfully and she frowned as she brought her hand up to squeeze the brindge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger.
"Indeed the creature's behacior makes no sense. What makes you think her time is limited though? If she continue to be fed is there any reason why she cond not go on indefinitly?"
The Hermetic asked.
"However you can bet she is doing something Mr Yager, no one, unless they are completely insane do something for no reason and even the mad ones have some sort of motivation behind their deeds, that undead fae are standing out there for a reason, and that we do not know what that reason is worries me."
The Flambeau sigh.
"No right now things are calm here and we are waiting for words from the teams that are accosting the Labyrinth, very well you do that but be careful kid, we do not know the extent of this being's powers yet."
Helena agreed.
"Make sure you stay safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:42 am

[villa 2]
Anja wrote:"I shall try to avoid eating any of your plants Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said with wry smile.
Colin grinned, "Oh, I don't know, I've got some rosemary, basil, and thyme in the windowsill; those are explicitly for eating. You'd be welcome to some, if you fancy some fresh herbs for dinner."

Anja wrote:"Yeah especially then dad."
The young girl said happily.
"But I am good at it regardless."
He grinned, "You'd best be. Oh, and remember, even if I've let up all your restrictions tonight, don't overdo it."

S7trif3 wrote:'Oh, excellent. Thank you." He seemed satisfied that it wouldn't put them in a corner, gave Anna a nod with a small smile. Then he finished up attending to whomever else needed a headset that the others hadn't gotten to yet.
He nodded, "I expect you'll want to stay in Master Davenport's sights, then?"

Anja wrote:You got the headsets distributed around as Henrietta plodded over to Colin to get the Scrambler put on her.
"If you don't mind then Mr Wainwright I will accept your offer as it seams we are about to head out."
The young hedge wizard requested.
He smiled and positioned himself out of Ameli's field of view, and pulled out his gnarly wand, going through the erratic motions and lightly giving Henrietta three light taps on the forehead, at her solar plexus, and at her navel, or as close as he could estimate their locations, "Alright, if you need emergency extraction, you probably won't be able to speak human English in bear form, so to drop the ward, tap a finger to the points I touched you, and that will be the release trigger. Well, a claw, I suppose... I believe a bear should still be able to reach those spots?"

((OOC: Arete rolls for the Scrambler, just in case - 8,9,0 - 2,8,0... Yeah, two rolls ought to do it just fine... Jeebus... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:33 pm

[villa 2]

Colin grinned, "Oh, I don't know, I've got some rosemary, basil, and thyme in the windowsill; those are explicitly for eating. You'd be welcome to some, if you fancy some fresh herbs for dinner."

"Yes well you probably would not want me to turn into an animal and have be chew on your herb collection."
Henrietta chuckle.
"But served in a dish that is another matter entierly."

He grinned, "You'd best be. Oh, and remember, even if I've let up all your restrictions tonight, don't overdo it."

"I will be careful dad, I promise."
Anna said with a smile.
"I will stay out of harms way and let someone know if I start feeling short of breath or anything."

He smiled and positioned himself out of Ameli's field of view, and pulled out his gnarly wand, going through the erratic motions and lightly giving Henrietta three light taps on the forehead, at her solar plexus, and at her navel, or as close as he could estimate their locations, "Alright, if you need emergency extraction, you probably won't be able to speak human English in bear form, so to drop the ward, tap a finger to the points I touched you, and that will be the release trigger. Well, a claw, I suppose... I believe a bear should still be able to reach those spots?"

You felt power flood your system and out into your spell, enough to make a few of the gathered magi turn their head in your direction they felt the power of the working and was curious as to what you where doing. Needless to say the Scrambler came up, no spirits would be targeting Henrietta any time soon.
"Thanks Mr Wainwright and yes I can reach with my claws even as a bear."
The hedge wizard said with a nod.
"Ehm...what are you doing over there Mr Wainwright?"
Gray asked his curiousity outshining his politeness at the moment and he wanted to know what that sudden burst of power was.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:56 pm

[villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Yes well you probably would not want me to turn into an animal and have be chew on your herb collection."
Henrietta chuckle.
"But served in a dish that is another matter entierly."
Colin smiled, "Well, let me know if you might want a few fresh leaves... Anna will be able to help you with that in my absence."

Anja wrote:"I will be careful dad, I promise."
Anna said with a smile.
"I will stay out of harms way and let someone know if I start feeling short of breath or anything."
He nodded, smiling, "Good. Crexia's an excellent team lead; if she tells you to do something, trust her reasoning."

Anja wrote:You felt power flood your system and out into your spell, enough to make a few of the gathered magi turn their head in your direction they felt the power of the working and was curious as to what you where doing. Needless to say the Scrambler came up, no spirits would be targeting Henrietta any time soon.
"Thanks Mr Wainwright and yes I can reach with my claws even as a bear."
The hedge wizard said with a nod.
"Ehm...what are you doing over there Mr Wainwright?"
Gray asked his curiousity outshining his politeness at the moment and he wanted to know what that sudden burst of power was.
He looked down at his wand with an arched eyebrow, "Hum, the Node is certainly helping with the flow tonight... Perhaps my brief meditation downstairs put me more in tune with it than I thought..."
He smiled wryly to Gray, "Ah, just giving Miss Day a bit of magical concealment... It should hold until she consciously decides to dismiss the effect, or until the time comes to poison pigeons in the park... Hum... well, you could try to sense her magically - without the clues of your eyes and ears - and see for yourself."
He grinned broadly, "If you've got the aptitude for the raw essence of magic, and a bit of chaos and probability, I might even be persuaded to teach you the trick later."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:58 pm

[villa 2]

Colin smiled, "Well, let me know if you might want a few fresh leaves... Anna will be able to help you with that in my absence."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, that is kind of you, I will remember to do so when I make food from scratch but often I end up with TV dinners and the like. Cecilia is a pretty good cook though so she cook for us most of the time, at least most of the time we have peroper food."
Henrietta said with a smile.

He nodded, smiling, "Good. Crexia's an excellent team lead; if she tells you to do something, trust her reasoning."

"I will do as Lady Crexia tells me to dad."
Anna said with a smile and the old lich nodded.
"Good girl, and Mr Wainwright I will make sure the child stay safe you have my word."

He looked down at his wand with an arched eyebrow, "Hum, the Node is certainly helping with the flow tonight... Perhaps my brief meditation downstairs put me more in tune with it than I thought..."
He smiled wryly to Gray, "Ah, just giving Miss Day a bit of magical concealment... It should hold until she consciously decides to dismiss the effect, or until the time comes to poison pigeons in the park... Hum... well, you could try to sense her magically - without the clues of your eyes and ears - and see for yourself."
He grinned broadly, "If you've got the aptitude for the raw essence of magic, and a bit of chaos and probability, I might even be persuaded to teach you the trick later."

"Well those are area of magick I study and I would love to learn your rote Mr Wainwright I am sure we can come to an arangement when it comes to price after the battle."
Gray replied. He pulled a onyx pendulum out of his pocket and set it swinging.
"Hum...strange I do nto seam to pick up Miss Day with this at all."
He commented which made his fellow Hollower grin a bit.
"Interesting work indeed Mr Wainwright."
The handsome young man said and he gave a nok of aknowledgement.
"I would like to learn this indeed...oh yes very much so."

(OOC: Sorry for the rushed reply and I might be late replying further today as I am GMing for my D&D group now in two minutes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:57 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:Helena nodded thoughtfully and she frowned as she brought her hand up to squeeze the brindge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger.
"Indeed the creature's behacior makes no sense. What makes you think her time is limited though? If she continue to be fed is there any reason why she cond not go on indefinitly?"
The Hermetic asked.

"I guessed she needs to 'not be a tree' to go find and feed emotive people but I dunno. Though it's probably not as limited time as I make it seem. She's probably got enough juice to continuing being around for a while." Serge replied.

Anja wrote:"However you can bet she is doing something Mr Yager, no one, unless they are completely insane do something for no reason and even the mad ones have some sort of motivation behind their deeds, that undead fae are standing out there for a reason, and that we do not know what that reason is worries me."
The Flambeau sigh.
"No right now things are calm here and we are waiting for words from the teams that are accosting the Labyrinth, very well you do that but be careful kid, we do not know the extent of this being's powers yet."
Helena agreed.
"Make sure you stay safe."

"My bets on spying. For who? Why? I dunno. Literally just a shot in the dark." Serge said with a sigh. "I'll be safe. The chantry has too many layers of protection for me to get got."

With a final wave of farewell Serge trekked back to his room to see if the stationary tree had moved in the few minutes he had taken his eyes off of it.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:08 pm

[villa 2]

Once everyone had been set up he walked back to his group and made last minute checks on his gear and secured anything he needed to, checked his weapons. Then he stood at attention, waiting for them to move out and listening, keeping an eye on things in a wary manner that belied a growing bit of restlessness.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 pm

[villa 2]

Once everyone had been set up he walked back to his group and made last minute checks on his gear and secured anything he needed to, checked his weapons. Then he stood at attention, waiting for them to move out and listening, keeping an eye on things in a wary manner that belied a growing bit of restlessness.

Jeffry and Mara begun a ritual to open a portal into the Labyrinth, there was a cold, strange feeling of wrongness as the portal opened, there was nothing you could see other than a slight shimmering in the air over the troll doll but the air just felt...putrid in the room now and you could see several of the gathered magi shivering.
"Ok everyone gather with your respective groups and let us move out."
Your Mentor said as he got into position.
"My group will be the first one through...stay on your guard and expect trouble from the first step intot he damned Labyrinth, stay safe."
He said, then he waited to see if anyone had anything to add before the Chief and his group begun to pass through the shimmering air, into the darkness that waited beyond.

[Steelhaven 2]

"I guessed she needs to 'not be a tree' to go find and feed emotive people but I dunno. Though it's probably not as limited time as I make it seem. She's probably got enough juice to continuing being around for a while." Serge replied.

"I believe there is a good chance the woman can choose not to be a tree at any time, though off course I do not know, that is the problem Mr Yager, we just do not know this creature or her limitations."
Helenta said with a frown.

"My bets on spying. For who? Why? I dunno. Literally just a shot in the dark." Serge said with a sigh. "I'll be safe. The chantry has too many layers of protection for me to get got."

"It is possible but as she is not trying to hide herself she is nto being a very effective spy."
Helena said sounding abit doubtful.
"Hopefully we are well enough protected yes but it is always the good idea to be paranoid and assume, that your enemies have some way to get you, that is what my Pater always says."
The Flambeau adviced.

With a final wave of farewell Serge trekked back to his room to see if the stationary tree had moved in the few minutes he had taken his eyes off of it.

Helena gave the departing Cultist a nod of her head as he left. You got to a window facing the right direction, one of the windows in the common room would do. The tree had not moved, it was still there, but now there was a young child sitting under the tree, a pretty little girl with golden hair wearing a pink dress with a doll in her arms.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:00 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:Helena gave the departing Cultist a nod of her head as he left. You got to a window facing the right direction, one of the windows in the common room would do. The tree had not moved, it was still there, but now there was a young child sitting under the tree, a pretty little girl with golden hair wearing a pink dress with a doll in her arms.

"Alright....that's new." Serge said, unsure of how to react to the change in scenery.  "Now to think. Real little girl? Or creepy illusion projected by banshee. Weellllll following the wisdom of Agent J. It's...", a pause as Serge checked an imaginary wristwatch, "2 am in the middle of Boston. And a little girl just so happens to stroll around with her doll all by herself? Doubtful, I'm going to go with the illusion by banshee."

Despite this rational conclusion, Serge still watched the little girl intently and the tree intently. Morbidly curious as to what might happen next.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:14 am

[Villa, 2.00]

Once the Chief had clearly no need for her any more, Nicole went up to collect her gear; put on the rucksack, holstered her sawn-down, picked up and checked the action of her carbine again. Pulled out a large elastic band and used it to secure her temporary "spirit glasses" in-place, fished out a couple of pills and washed them down with her canteen, make a check of all her kit - then hesitated. What about the blade which had been taken off her?

Anja's Post:

At this point the Etherite would loom over the lich; giving a slightly surprised look on learning that Anna appeared to be on her team. Then looked towards Colin, eyes narrowing in suspicion for a moment while she found a couple of pieces of gum and shoved it in her mouth.

Anja's Post:

'Orders, ma'am?' Nicole will reply, looking to Crexia; clearly wanting to know the basics, such as their 'rules of engagement' and what position the Tytalus wanted Nicole to be in.

[Love the tree. Reminds me of MIB where on the shooting range Will Smith put a bullet in the blonde-haired girl with the calculus book on the premise she was the only creature which didn't fit the location, and therefore was 'up to no good'.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:45 am

[Villa, 2.00]

'Orders, ma'am?' Nicole will reply, looking to Crexia; clearly wanting to know the basics, such as their 'rules of engagement' and what position the Tytalus wanted Nicole to be in.

"We will have to see what await us beyond but generally we have a few objectives, getting Anna to where she can siamantle wards, keep the kid safe as we push forwards into the Labyrinth itself. Prisoners are not a priority so we destroy the Nephandi we come across, pawns that try to flee we do not need to bother with, everyone else dies or are captured."
Crexia said camly.

[Steelhaven 2]

"Alright....that's new." Serge said, unsure of how to react to the change in scenery. "Now to think. Real little girl? Or creepy illusion projected by banshee. Weellllll following the wisdom of Agent J. It's...", a pause as Serge checked an imaginary wristwatch, "2 am in the middle of Boston. And a little girl just so happens to stroll around with her doll all by herself? Doubtful, I'm going to go with the illusion by banshee."

Despite this rational conclusion, Serge still watched the little girl intently and the tree intently. Morbidly curious as to what might happen next.

The little girl lifted her doll and it was as if the dolls eyes scanned Steelhaven's windows until it found Serge where it setteled on the Cultist, glass eyes looking into his as the little girl slowly turned her blue eyes towards the Common room as well, just looking at the Cultist, not making a move, but looking....looking. The tree did not move though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:54 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:The little girl lifted her doll and it was as if the dolls eyes scanned Steelhaven's windows until it found Serge where it setteled on the Cultist, glass eyes looking into his as the little girl slowly turned her blue eyes towards the Common room as well, just looking at the Cultist, not making a move, but looking....looking. The tree did not move though.

"Alright I'll admit that was cool. Creepy....but still cool. Haunted dolls are a classic after all." Serge said, unconsciously taking a step back and moving his head slightly to and fro. He wanted to make sure he was never making direct eye contact with the doll, knowing that some of the fiercest magick occurred through such means.

He still kept his gaze on the doll and the tree whilst avoiding the creepy stare of the doll. Noticing the little girl's fixation on the common room he said, mostly to himself, "Sorry, you can't come in here. All tea parties have been called off due to external circumstances. And unless you can bulldoze through multiple layers of master level protection, looking is all your gonna be doing."

(OOC: Lol, that exact scene flowed through my head as well)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:04 am

[Villa, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

A short pause before the Etherite. 'Suggest I go in front, beside Cowra. So the risks of friendly fire are lower.'

'What are our objectives? As in, our team than in general terms?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:45 am

[Villa, 2.00]

A short pause before the Etherite. 'Suggest I go in front, beside Cowra. So the risks of friendly fire are lower.'

Crexia just nodded her agreement with this. Coawa glanced at Nicole.
"Do not hesitate to hide behind me if need be I can heal, also if need be I can provide a barriar that it is hard for anyone to get though, but only for a few minutes before I suffocate."
The Rokea said then he glanced at Anna.
"But is the kid with out team? I thought she was with Mr Roth Hick's team?"
The wershark asked.

"Pushing into the Labyrinth and taking out as many Nephandi as possible Miss Bouchard.
Crexia replied simply.

[Steelhaven 2]

"Alright I'll admit that was cool. Creepy....but still cool. Haunted dolls are a classic after all." Serge said, unconsciously taking a step back and moving his head slightly to and fro. He wanted to make sure he was never making direct eye contact with the doll, knowing that some of the fiercest magick occurred through such means.

You managed to avoid direct eye contact with the little girl's doll though it continued to look at you, and the child as well for that matter, they where both looking at the window intently.

He still kept his gaze on the doll and the tree whilst avoiding the creepy stare of the doll. Noticing the little girl's fixation on the common room he said, mostly to himself, "Sorry, you can't come in here. All tea parties have been called off due to external circumstances. And unless you can bulldoze through multiple layers of master level protection, looking is all your gonna be doing."

The little girl did not reply but she did continue looking. You notice movement next to you and see the imaginary, dog sized spider you had drawn earlier to scare one of the attacking Nephandi, the one you had seen Mara petting earlier, now it was climbing up to the window and looking out at the little girl and her doll, and the strange, old tree while chittering adorably.

(OOC: Nicole got her knife back from Vanja by the way, freshly enchanted.)

'What are our objectives? As in, our team than in general terms?'
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:10 am

[villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright, that is kind of you, I will remember to do so when I make food from scratch but often I end up with TV dinners and the like. Cecilia is a pretty good cook though so she cook for us most of the time, at least most of the time we have peroper food."
Henrietta said with a smile.
Colin smiled sadly, "You two will have to come over for dinner one day, then..."

Anja wrote:"I will do as Lady Crexia tells me to dad."
"Good girl, and Mr Wainwright I will make sure the child stay safe you have my word."
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"Well those are area of magick I study and I would love to learn your rote Mr Wainwright I am sure we can come to an arangement when it comes to price after the battle."
Gray replied. He pulled a onyx pendulum out of his pocket and set it swinging.
"Hum...strange I do nto seam to pick up Miss Day with this at all."
He commented which made his fellow Hollower grin a bit.
"Interesting work indeed Mr Wainwright."
The handsome young man said and he gave a nok of aknowledgement.
"I would like to learn this indeed...oh yes very much so."
He grinned, "I like to think that Bonisagus the Founder and I would have had some great discussions over a good pint of ale. Simple and solid work is often far better than complex and brittle..."

Nicole wrote:At this point the Etherite would loom over the lich; giving a slightly surprised look on learning that Anna appeared to be on her team. Then looked towards Colin, eyes narrowing in suspicion for a moment while she found a couple of pieces of gum and shoved it in her mouth.
Anja wrote:Crexia just nodded her agreement with this. Coawa glanced at Nicole.
"Do not hesitate to hide behind me if need be I can heal, also if need be I can provide a barriar that it is hard for anyone to get though, but only for a few minutes before I suffocate."
The Rokea said then he glanced at Anna.
"But is the kid with out team? I thought she was with Mr Roth Hick's team?"
The wershark asked.
He met Nicole's gaze, glear and confident, then paused for a moment, "Wait... did I get the teams momentarily confused?"
Turning toward Adley, he continued, "Amicus, could I see the team listings again for a moment? I thought Anna would be with the first ward-crackers... cycle back to rearguard support after, perhaps?"

Anja wrote:Jeffry and Mara begun a ritual to open a portal into the Labyrinth, there was a cold, strange feeling of wrongness as the portal opened, there was nothing you could see other than a slight shimmering in the air over the troll doll but the air just felt...putrid in the room now and you could see several of the gathered magi shivering.
"My group will be the first one through...stay on your guard and expect trouble from the first step intot he damned Labyrinth, stay safe."
He said, then he waited to see if anyone had anything to add before the Chief and his group begun to pass through the shimmering air, into the darkness that waited beyond.
He drew his pistol, quickly checked the slide and magazine, then picked up the axe in his left hand, just below the head, and made his way over to Darrian, "We walk with Mars... Everyone ready?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:45 am

[villa 2]

Colin smiled sadly, "You two will have to come over for dinner one day, then..."

"I would like that Mr Wainwright and I am sure my apprentice would like it as well.
Henrietta said with warm smile.

He grinned, "I like to think that Bonisagus the Founder and I would have had some great discussions over a good pint of ale. Simple and solid work is often far better than complex and brittle..."

The gathered Hermetics looked shocked at this statement, well most of them Crexia chuckle a bit. Gray raised an eyebrow.
"I am sure meeting the old dude would be interesting indeed Mr Wainwright."
The Hollower replied.

He drew his pistol, quickly checked the slide and magazine, then picked up the axe in his left hand, just below the head, and made his way over to Darrian, "We walk with Mars... Everyone ready?"

Everyone nodded though many of the gathered magi looked a bit nervous.
"I would feel better if Mundi was at my side."
Darrian muttered but the big black dog had duties at Steelhaven.
"But yes we should go Mr Wainwright, and do our duty."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:46 pm

[villa 2]

"I will be careful dad, I promise."
Anna said with a smile.
"I will do as Lady Crexia tells me to dad."
He met Nicole's gaze, glear and confident, then paused for a moment, "Wait... did I get the teams momentarily confused?"
Turning toward Adley, he continued, "Amicus, could I see the team listings again for a moment? I thought Anna would be with the first ward-crackers... cycle back to rearguard support after, perhaps?"

"We can certainly do that amicus, but as I said previously, you specifically asked for her not to be in the first groups into the labyrinth, and to keep her protected but with a view of the field. I have ensured she should be able to have that, while being guarded and next to the healer to keep offensive spells targeted at him off." Then he pointed at himself: she was on his team, or Amadeus's to name it properly. He glanced at Ryan. "Can you assist with that?" It would be clear that /he did not want/ to put Anna in the front lines of the battle, even temporarily, if there was another way to get her to be able to use her skills. Which was why he'd spent so much thought on where to put her, and all but tucked her under his own arm.

Jeffry and Mara begun a ritual to open a portal into the Labyrinth, there was a cold, strange feeling of wrongness as the portal opened, there was nothing you could see other than a slight shimmering in the air over the troll doll but the air just felt...putrid in the room now and you could see several of the gathered magi shivering.

Adley looked towards the portal and got the prickly feeling in his guts that he'd start to associate as an adrenaline dump right before battle. For a second his thoughts flickered into glowing embers of worry and then in a flash evaporated into that specific kind of clarity he got in battle. He chugged the admittedly awful potion that would keep his avatar from being evicted and then all but slapped himself in the head with his own weapon as it clicked. "The gas...we all thought it was just a weapon designed to harm us, but /of course/ there was more to it - on the battlefield or elsewhere, it could have given the godsdammned ghosts someone to possess on top of that. Everyone, be sure you've quaffed it..." The chill tried to settle into him as he glanced around at what he could see with the spirit vision - look before you leap.

He turned a glance to Colin, then nodded to him; he had his weapon and defenses. "Igne natura renovatur integra..." It was a bit less terrifying for others than 'with your shield or on it, or 'unto death we charge,' his House motto.

// here's the teams, for reference that I have, please lmk if there was a mistake or forgot anyone - also when we hit 30 pages can we add it to the summary so it's easy to find next thread? Thanks:
ooc2: Do all the teams have a way to get out of the labyrinth? Mr Davenport can't be the only way out if they have to get out - Jeffrey and Crexia can get away, who else can open the Gauntlet? I had misread Grey as being able to do so. And I don't think we finalized where Tilly oocly went aside from not staying at the villa for communications at base? Thanks!

5 - Amadeus's team (rear guard):
-Amadeus: healing, offensive support
-Adley: offenses and defenses
-Anna: counterspelling
-Grey, Hollower: stealth, ghosts
-Ryan: support with time magicks and correspondence (may also help Anna get a view of the battle)
-Tilly: communications, magick support (if he's not on Colin's team)

1 -Crexia's team (point):
-Crexia: offenses (magickal)
-Nicole: offenses (tactical and firepower)
-Vanja the Cultist of Mercury, Vanessa the Flambeau, and the Bonisagus: ritual magick
-Coawa: spirits and physical offenses

3- Mara's team (support/flank):
-Mara: offenses, defenses, trickery
-Antonio for spirit stuff and distractions/illusions
- Marian for luck and dead things
-Catalina Holdenbridge, Celestial Chorus for prime
-Helga: offenses

2 -Jeffrey's team (flank):
-Bruce,: offensive firepower, other general assistance
-Henrietta: bear power
-Carlo the Cultist
-Fran - spirits and undead

4 -Colin's team: (general support, mobile counter strikers)
Darrian: potions, general support
Colin: offenses, tactical
Gaby: spirits and being a cat
Axel, weapons and a backup medic
Amber Rose Livingston: healing
Tilly: communications, magick support (if he's not on Adley's team)

6- Coordinating/door guard team:
-Davenport
-Mr Ameli and his goblin
- Jon

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next