Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 30 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:02 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:The little girl did not reply but she did continue looking. You notice movement next to you and see the imaginary, dog sized spider you had drawn earlier to scare one of the attacking Nephandi, the one you had seen Mara petting earlier, now it was climbing up to the window and looking out at the little girl and her doll, and the strange, old tree while chittering adorably.

"Heyyyy there you are." Serge said with a smile as he saw his creation accompanying him, feeling a little more at ease. "Where've you been? Anyways, get a load of this girl and her lame doll. Doesn't she know action figures are better in every way? And it's clear that no one told her staring is rude. Don't go near her all right? Last thing I need is for you to get eaten."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  - Page 30 Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

"Heyyyy there you are." Serge said with a smile as he saw his creation accompanying him, feeling a little more at ease. "Where've you been? Anyways, get a load of this girl and her lame doll. Doesn't she know action figures are better in every way? And it's clear that no one told her staring is rude. Don't go near her all right? Last thing I need is for you to get eaten."

The figment of your imagination turned to look at you chittering happuly then it turned to look at the girl and her doll, it's rows of small eyes following the scene outside. The little girl kept looking at you, with her doll, but she did not do anything and neither did the tree.

[villa 2]

"We can certainly do that amicus, but as I said previously, you specifically asked for her not to be in the first groups into the labyrinth, and to keep her protected but with a view of the field. I have ensured she should be able to have that, while being guarded and next to the healer to keep offensive spells targeted at him off." Then he pointed at himself: she was on his team, or Amadeus's to name it properly. He glanced at Ryan. "Can you assist with that?" It would be clear that /he did not want/ to put Anna in the front lines of the battle, even temporarily, if there was another way to get her to be able to use her skills. Which was why he'd spent so much thought on where to put her, and all but tucked her under his own arm.

"What is it that you need me to do Mr Wainwright, if it is help keeping Miss Wainwright safe sure but I am not much good at letting her accsess things at a distance. I do not know how much she needs to see the target for her magick to work but if this is alike an actual Lbyrinth then there is a good chance that it will be allot of tunnels and twists and turns, it will be hard for anyone who need some degree of sight of the target to to anything anywhere but where they group are located without the use of Correspondence."
The Cultist replied seamingly a ltitle confused as to what Adley was asking him to do.

Adley looked towards the portal and got the prickly feeling in his guts that he'd start to associate as an adrenaline dump right before battle. For a second his thoughts flickered into glowing embers of worry and then in a flash evaporated into that specific kind of clarity he got in battle. He chugged the admittedly awful potion that would keep his avatar from being evicted and then all but slapped himself in the head with his own weapon as it clicked. "The gas...we all thought it was just a weapon designed to harm us, but /of course/ there was more to it - on the battlefield or elsewhere, it could have given the godsdammned ghosts someone to possess on top of that. Everyone, be sure you've quaffed it..." The chill tried to settle into him as he glanced around at what he could see with the spirit vision - look before you leap.

"I think everyone else have had the potion that will protect them from the gas."
Darrian said and there was a general series of nods around the room.
"I am afraid I can not drink anything but my condition should protect me well enough."
Crexia said.
"And the shapechangers and other non magi should be safe as well, but yes that gas is a terrible weapon so everyone make sure you stay safe."
The archmage said then Master Nassa spoke up.
"So what do we do about the teams? There seam to ahve been some confusion after all."

(OOC: Thank you for posting the teams, well I guess the characters as well could ahve gotten confused as to who was where. I can post the list to the summary I am sorry for the confusion. Thank you again.)

(OOC 2: Well the only way out that is open for everyone is Davenport teleporting them out though some like Nassa and Crexia can get pepole out as well. Let me in addition tot hose two Mara can get pepole out and Jeffry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:51 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:The figment of your imagination turned to look at you chittering happily then it turned to look at the girl and her doll, it's rows of small eyes following the scene outside. The little girl kept looking at you, with her doll, but she did not do anything and neither did the tree.

"Ooooh she's testing me right now Rodrigo. Your Rodrigo now by the way." he said to his imaginary spider friend, conversing with the being as he would any other person. This, of course, made him look quite odd to anyone else in the common room, who'd likely see Serge talking out loud to apparent nothingness. "She thinks she's gonna get me. Standing there. With her eyes. Taunting me to come out there. It's like she's saying 'All your cabalmates managed to solve their problems on their own, so why don't you?'. But it's gonna take a little more than that to get me." he continued as he watched the girl, the doll, and the tree.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:08 am

[Steelhaven 2]

"Ooooh she's testing me right now Rodrigo. Your Rodrigo now by the way." he said to his imaginary spider friend, conversing with the being as he would any other person. This, of course, made him look quite odd to anyone else in the common room, who'd likely see Serge talking out loud to apparent nothingness.

Rodrigo turned to look at you with his eight eyes chittering softly in agreement.

"She thinks she's gonna get me. Standing there. With her eyes. Taunting me to come out there. It's like she's saying 'All your cabalmates managed to solve their problems on their own, so why don't you?'. But it's gonna take a little more than that to get me." he continued as he watched the girl, the doll, and the tree.

Eventually the little girl rose, she whispered to the tree muttering something you could not hear, then she took her doll and turned to the window to look at serge one final time, then she begun walking away, and within a few steps she walked into a shadow and then she was gone, leaving the tree behind, just standing there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:06 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:Eventually the little girl rose, she whispered to the tree muttering something you could not hear, then she took her doll and turned to the window to look at serge one final time, then she begun walking away, and within a few steps she walked into a shadow and then she was gone, leaving the tree behind, just standing there.

"Nononono you did not just do that." Serge said pressing his face against the side of the window as the little girl left. "What'd you say to Wilda huh? We just stared at each other for a couple of minutes. What could you have possibly learned. You couldn't have read my mind. I was behind a barrier."

Serge strained his mind trying to decipher the events that he had just witnessed. Why did the little girl and her doll watch him so intently? What was the little girl? Serge had initially assumed her to be an illusion created by the banshee but she seemed more like another entity entirely.

"Damn it Rodrigo. Somehow things just get even more confusing. That feels worthy enough to report to Miss Mar though." he said glancing over at his imaginary spider. "Hey by the way....can you, like, climb on my shoulders?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 am

[Steelhaven 2]

"Nononono you did not just do that." Serge said pressing his face against the side of the window as the little girl left. "What'd you say to Wilda huh? We just stared at each other for a couple of minutes. What could you have possibly learned. You couldn't have read my mind. I was behind a barrier."

The little girl was still gone. Your colorful slime spider friend chittered sympathetically to your protest. The tree did nothing it just stood there not revealing any clues as to what the little girl had said to her.

Serge strained his mind trying to decipher the events that he had just witnessed. Why did the little girl and her doll watch him so intently? What was the little girl? Serge had initially assumed her to be an illusion created by the banshee but she seemed more like another entity entirely.

"Damn it Rodrigo. Somehow things just get even more confusing. That feels worthy enough to report to Miss Mar though." he said glancing over at his imaginary spider. "Hey by the way....can you, like, climb on my shoulders?"

Rodrigo crawled down from the window and over to you, up your leg and up onto your shoulder where he stood in all his green and purple slimy glory he chittered happily in agreement to what you was saying.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:31 am

[Villa, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'If we need you to do that, I'd say we've fucked up.' Nicole replied for a moment, putting down her carbine for a moment and un-holstering her shotgun. 'If the radar works on the other side, hopefully we'll get warnings of hostiles before we engage with them. Can anyone work one-handed? Just a FYI question, like.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes... but do we have any p'ticular primary targets? Or is this simply a general search-destroy?' unloading her shotgun and replacing the shot rounds with what appeared to be flare-rounds.

[Wait, thought Tilly was on Team #1 - they don't have a radioman otherwise (Nick was expecting it to be her, actually...)]

[Okay, explain this. I get sorta the panic buying of beans, toilet paper and so on due to lockdown, but bottled water? Has there been a bacteria contamination in the mains supply that nobody told me about?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:04 am

[Villa, 2.00]

'If we need you to do that, I'd say we've fucked up.' Nicole replied for a moment, putting down her carbine for a moment and un-holstering her shotgun. 'If the radar works on the other side, hopefully we'll get warnings of hostiles before we engage with them. Can anyone work one-handed? Just a FYI question, like.'

"Fleeing with our proverbial tails between our legs will not be ideal no Miss Bouchard, but I would rather flee and come back another day to finished the Labyrinth off than stay and die if things go south."
Crexia replied simply.
"But yes it is best avoided."
She added. Vana shrugged.
"Well perhaps the problem is generally I work with rituals, and if not then I am in a deep trance so I might not be to good at keeping my eye on things."
The Cultist replied.
"I do nto work magic the way these guys work it but I do need my hands to most effeciently beat thing to death, then again I do like to bite."
Coawa commented.

'Yes... but do we have any p'ticular primary targets? Or is this simply a general search-destroy?' unloading her shotgun and replacing the shot rounds with what appeared to be flare-rounds.

"It is mostly a general seek and destroy but if we see any of the Labyrinth leaders or any of Wallace Jace's men they will take priority."
The lich said with a frown.

(OOC: Well Nicole might be able to handle the radio for the team.)

(OOC 2: Not that I have heard of. We have not had panic buying here yet though I might pick up a few of the occult supplies I use since they will be non essentials so if non essential stores close down I have the supplies I need.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:16 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... think this is a one-time offer thing...' Nicole quipped.

Anja's Post:

'Understood. Do we have a medic?' giving a frown, shoving the shotgun rounds in a pocket in her webbing and re-holstering her shotgun.

[Does this mean Tilly *isn't* in Crexia's team, then?]

[It may be advisable. I normally try to keep a bit 'on-hand' on a matter of principle. I'm okay for everything save a new pair of running trainers which I couldn't buy in time due to the fact the lockdown started yesterday and I only got paid today...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:01 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

'Hmm... think this is a one-time offer thing...' Nicole quipped.

"Well it would be impractical for me to have my nose in a phone."
Vanja said. Coawa shrugged.
"I will be fighting but I guess I can look at it but the phone is likely far less durable than I am so it might get wrecked."
The wershark said.
"Or did you mean attacking the Labyrinth is a one time thing Miss Bouchard...well that might be so, we can track it down again, but it would be best if we take it out today."
Crexia commented.

'Understood. Do we have a medic?' giving a frown, shoving the shotgun rounds in a pocket in her webbing and re-holstering her shotgun.

"I am skilled with the Sphere called Life, my Resonance do nto make be the best healer but I can handle the job well enough Miss Bouchard."
Crexia said with a nod.

(OOC: No it do not look like it Crexia's team are Crexia, Nicole, Coawa and Vanja. Tilly is in Colin's team.)
(OOC 2: We try to keep a few days supplies on hand at all times, not just a crisis sutation that is adviced by the goverment, other than that I just have a small stock of what might take time to get if there is a lock down but ther eis nto that much we need.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:42 pm

[villa 2]
Anja wrote:"I would like that Mr Wainwright and I am sure my apprentice would like it as well.
Henrietta said with warm smile.
Colin nodded, "Ah, and... tell Cecilia that if she'd like to bring her daughter along, too, I will prepare an extra plate."

Anja wrote:The gathered Hermetics looked shocked at this statement, well most of them Crexia chuckle a bit. Gray raised an eyebrow.
"I am sure meeting the old dude would be interesting indeed Mr Wainwright."
The Hollower replied.
He grinned at the shocked-looking Hermetics, "Oh, don't look at me like that - surely of all the Founders, Bonisagus would be the one most interested in discussing novel applications of magic with anyone willing to exchange ideas? No slight intended toward any of them, of course, but a young Orphan can still admire a genius he's only read about, hmm?"

S7trif3 wrote:"We can certainly do that amicus, but as I said previously, you specifically asked for her not to be in the first groups into the labyrinth, and to keep her protected but with a view of the field. I have ensured she should be able to have that, while being guarded and next to the healer to keep offensive spells targeted at him off." Then he pointed at himself: she was on his team, or Amadeus's to name it properly. He glanced at Ryan. "Can you assist with that?" It would be clear that /he did not want/ to put Anna in the front lines of the battle, even temporarily, if there was another way to get her to be able to use her skills. Which was why he'd spent so much thought on where to put her, and all but tucked her under his own arm.
He frowned, then shook his head, "Ah, I'm sorry, I did get the teams momentarily mixed up..."
He looked over at Crexia's team, "My apologies, I got confused for a bit... Anna, you're still likely to be useful for the initial ward breach, but once that is done, I want you to cycle back to Master Nassa's team as per the original plan to help cover our primary healer and provide frustration at range."

Anja wrote:"What is it that you need me to do Mr Wainwright, if it is help keeping Miss Wainwright safe sure but I am not much good at letting her accsess things at a distance. I do not know how much she needs to see the target for her magick to work but if this is alike an actual Lbyrinth then there is a good chance that it will be allot of tunnels and twists and turns, it will be hard for anyone who need some degree of sight of the target to to anything anywhere but where they group are located without the use of Correspondence."
The Cultist replied seamingly a ltitle confused as to what Adley was asking him to do.
He shook his head, "Anna will be out of Master Davenport's network, owing to the defenses she's been given, which means she'll not be able to piggyback on that for ranged targeting in any case... but it might be necessary for someone to give her a quick heads up in case someone is trying something at range, if she doesn't notice for herself. But aside from that..."
He looked at Adley with a soft shrug.

Anja wrote:Everyone nodded though many of the gathered magi looked a bit nervous.
"I would feel better if Mundi was at my side."
Darrian muttered but the big black dog had duties at Steelhaven.
"But yes we should go Mr Wainwright, and do our duty."
He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Defendat Mundi."

S7trif3 wrote:He turned a glance to Colin, then nodded to him; he had his weapon and defenses. "Igne natura renovatur integra..." It was a bit less terrifying for others than 'with your shield or on it, or 'unto death we charge,' his House motto.
He glanced back at Adley, a sly smirk as he nodded, "Verum."

((OOC: Wait, it's been some time since that came up, Axel was the one who'd been in Iraq with Colin, but they never got around to meet after that, or...?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:02 pm

[Villa 2]

Colin nodded, "Ah, and... tell Cecilia that if she'd like to bring her daughter along, too, I will prepare an extra plate."

"Well Cecilia are getting updates on her daugther but have not thus far been allowed to see her."
Henrietta replied with a sigh.
"But I will let her know we are invited for dinner thank you Mr Wainwright."

He grinned at the shocked-looking Hermetics, "Oh, don't look at me like that - surely of all the Founders, Bonisagus would be the one most interested in discussing novel applications of magic with anyone willing to exchange ideas? No slight intended toward any of them, of course, but a young Orphan can still admire a genius he's only read about, hmm?"

The Hermetics still looked rather shocked but Timmy muttered.
"Well ehm...no I suppose not Mr Wainwright, ehm and I am sure many of us would have loved to have a chance to talk with Bonisagus the Founder."

He frowned, then shook his head, "Ah, I'm sorry, I did get the teams momentarily mixed up..."
He looked over at Crexia's team, "My apologies, I got confused for a bit... Anna, you're still likely to be useful for the initial ward breach, but once that is done, I want you to cycle back to Master Nassa's team as per the original plan to help cover our primary healer and provide frustration at range."

"Okey dad so then I am with Lady Crexia's team for the initial entry into the Labyrinth and then I will go to Master Nassa's team right?"
Anna asked for clarification.
"That would appear to be so child."
Amadeus said kindly.

He shook his head, "Anna will be out of Master Davenport's network, owing to the defenses she's been given, which means she'll not be able to piggyback on that for ranged targeting in any case... but it might be necessary for someone to give her a quick heads up in case someone is trying something at range, if she doesn't notice for herself. But aside from that..."

"Ok Dad."
Anna said and Amadeus nodded.
"We will keep her safe and I am sure we can let her know if something is coming our way yes. But then Master Davenport will not be able to track her, correct?"

He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Defendat Mundi."

Well Mundi are helping to keep Steelhaven safe so I will have to do without him for this but I sure do miss him."
Darrian said with a sigh.

As you stood ready to enter the portal a man on your team came over to you. for Colin the man is familliar as one of the men he served with, though it is possible he had not recognized the Orphan with his many scars. The man was about Colin's age, with a gruff apperance, graying hair but kind blue eyes.
"Ehm before we go in, I should have done this before but I was not sure who you where but hearing the others calling you by name...ehm...are you Colin?"
The man asked a bit hesitently.
"Do you remember me? I believe we served together, I wanted to say hello before we go in there and well...potentially die."
The Etherite said politely and he held out his hand to Colin in greeting.
"I know there is not much time to catch up now but at least I can shake your hand, how are you doing?"

(OOC: Yes he is and sorry it slipped my mind but I will assume Axel did nto recognize Colin at first so he can say hello now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:20 pm

[Villa 2]
Anja wrote:"Well Cecilia are getting updates on her daugther but have not thus far been allowed to see her."
Henrietta replied with a sigh.
"But I will let her know we are invited for dinner thank you Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I'll... ask around, see what strings I might pull for her..."

Anja wrote:The Hermetics still looked rather shocked but Timmy muttered.
"Well ehm...no I suppose not Mr Wainwright, ehm and I am sure many of us would have loved to have a chance to talk with Bonisagus the Founder."
He smiled thinly, "Indeed, so many great people of the past that would be highly exciting to discuss magic with... Well, the future will tell how much of the past I'll get to visit."

Anja wrote:"Okey dad so then I am with Lady Crexia's team for the initial entry into the Labyrinth and then I will go to Master Nassa's team right?"
Amadeus said kindly.
He nodded, "I believe Master Morgan will spearhead the charge itself, once the wards are down, which will be your cue to backpedal."

Anja wrote:"Ok Dad."
"We will keep her safe and I am sure we can let her know if something is coming our way yes. But then Master Davenport will not be able to track her, correct?"
He nodded, "True, but nothing will be able to target her from afar, either, and ghosts and other spirits won't see her, so that part is a fair trade-off. If something happens, she'll drop the Scrambler herself, and Master Davenport will extricate her at once when he sees her pop up."

Anja wrote:Well Mundi are helping to keep Steelhaven safe so I will have to do without him for this but I sure do miss him."
Darrian said with a sigh.
He sighed, "Alas, you're too stressed to appreciate a good pun for a moment of levity... Yes, he's a good boy, but you will be alright even without him present, so far as I can help guard you."

Anja wrote:As you stood ready to enter the portal a man on your team came over to you. for Colin the man is familliar as one of the men he served with, though it is possible he had not recognized the Orphan with his many scars. The man was about Colin's age, with a gruff apperance, graying hair but kind blue eyes.
"Ehm before we go in, I should have done this before but I was not sure who you where but hearing the others calling you by name...ehm...are you Colin?"
The man asked a bit hesitently.
"Do you remember me? I believe we served together, I wanted to say hello before we go in there and well...potentially die."
The Etherite said politely and he held out his hand to Colin in greeting.
"I know there is not much time to catch up now but at least I can shake your hand, how are you doing?"
He squinted a bit, then grinned and shook the Etherite's hand, "Axel, isn't it? Yes, I do remember. The years have treated you well, the touch of grey suits you. Still handy with a spanner, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:56 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

'Just that this is a battle which the time has already been set. Wait... ain't the Thig with us, then? Okay - this means we don't have someone handling comms then...'

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

[Then there was a slip-up then when Tilly was made the radioman for Crexia's team earlier then...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:03 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:Rodrigo crawled down from the window and over to you, up your leg and up onto your shoulder where he stood in all his green and purple slimy glory he chittered happily in agreement to what you was saying.

"Eyyyyyyyy. Take that Adley! Now I have a spider buddy that you can't see." Serge said with a smile as his spider friend responded happily to him. He petted Rodrigo affectionately once he was on his shoulders, glad to have someone to accompany. "Come on Rodrigo. Let's go tell Ms. Mar about the spooky possibly ghost girl." he said as he ventured off to find the elder Hermetic.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:33 pm

[villa 2]

"What is it that you need me to do Mr Wainwright, if it is help keeping Miss Wainwright safe sure but I am not much good at letting her accsess things at a distance. I do not know how much she needs to see the target for her magick to work but if this is alike an actual Lbyrinth then there is a good chance that it will be allot of tunnels and twists and turns, it will be hard for anyone who need some degree of sight of the target to to anything anywhere but where they group are located without the use of Correspondence."

"She needs to be able to target the battlefield, I was wondering if someone could assist in giving her a visual; correspondence doesn't have to reply on technology to work for everyone," he clarified.

"Okey dad so then I am with Lady Crexia's team for the initial entry into the Labyrinth and then I will go to Master Nassa's team right?"
Amadeus said kindly.

He frowned at the change in orders but didn't say anything yet, as he had no better solution at hand.

"Ok Dad."
He nodded, "True, but nothing will be able to target her from afar, either, and ghosts and other spirits won't see her, so that part is a fair trade-off. If something happens, she'll drop the Scrambler herself, and Master Davenport will extricate her at once when he sees her pop up."

"Is there a contingency in the case she is unable to do so? Just in case," he thought out loud. He began to think of all the ways something could be exploited, and then pick it apart in a bid to overcome it.

// okay - that's not too bad at least there's more than one unit with the ability to help bail if needed
ooc2: I have no idea why people hoarded anything, it was so stressful as a grocery worker, holy hell - they broke our supply chain for over half a year, even now we're /still/ having some issues with items. No one ever said that grocery stores or essential shops that also had food and supplies were closing. Getting some extra to limit trips? Or in general, because of emergencies? Yes. Buying a full cart of pasta and sauce, and 4 carts full of water that fills your bunker? No. People got in trouble here for reselling, too. They bought Costco warehouse amounts of water and tried to sell it out of their garage at gouged prices. : /

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:55 am

[Villa 2]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I'll... ask around, see what strings I might pull for her..."

"I would appriciate that mr Wainwright being alloved to see her child would mean the world to my apprentice."
Henrietta said with a warm smile.

He smiled thinly, "Indeed, so many great people of the past that would be highly exciting to discuss magic with... Well, the future will tell how much of the past I'll get to visit."

"Time magick to visit the past to have tea and talk magick with one of the Founders would so be worth the Paradox."
Tilly said with a big smile.

He nodded, "I believe Master Morgan will spearhead the charge itself, once the wards are down, which will be your cue to backpedal."

"Ok dad I will do that then, once the wards are down."
Anna said. Tilly raised his hand.
"Ehm I see that Lady Crexia's team have very few members and no one to handle communication should I change to their team perhaps."

Master Nassa just nodded at that.
"Very well."

He sighed, "Alas, you're too stressed to appreciate a good pun for a moment of levity... Yes, he's a good boy, but you will be alright even without him present, so far as I can help guard you."

"I am fairly stressed yes...ehm...thank you Mr Wainwright I will do my best."
Darrian said with a nervous smile.

He squinted a bit, then grinned and shook the Etherite's hand, "Axel, isn't it? Yes, I do remember. The years have treated you well, the touch of grey suits you. Still handy with a spanner, then?"

"Why thank you and you look healthy as well, I am so glad you are okey."
Axel said as he shook Colin's hand.
"I am indeed and with weapons as well, listen once this is all over if we are both still alive perhaps we should have a beer or two and catch up?"

Just that this is a battle which the time has already been set. Wait... ain't the Thig with us, then? Okay - this means we don't have someone handling comms then...'

"That is true enough...hum now he is not."
Crexia said and Tilly spoke up again.
"Perhaps I should change teams I mean your team have few members and I could handle comms for you."
The House Thig member suggjested.
"And also support Lady Cexia and Vanja with ritual work,"

She needs to be able to target the battlefield, I was wondering if someone could assist in giving her a visual; correspondence doesn't have to reply on technology to work for everyone," he clarified.

"I can do that but it depend on how much else I have to handle at the same time."
Crexia said.
"I am sure we could arrange for that."
Amadeus commented.

Is there a contingency in the case she is unable to do so? Just in case," he thought out loud. He began to think of all the ways something could be exploited, and then pick it apart in a bid to overcome it.

"If Anna can not release the Scramber you mean? I am not sure, it is a ward it can be dropped."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"We will get her out in a crisis situation."

[Steelhaven 2]

"Eyyyyyyyy. Take that Adley! Now I have a spider buddy that you can't see." Serge said with a smile as his spider friend responded happily to him. He petted Rodrigo affectionately once he was on his shoulders, glad to have someone to accompany. "Come on Rodrigo. Let's go tell Ms. Mar about the spooky possibly ghost girl." he said as he ventured off to find the elder Hermetic.

Rodrigo chitter happily as you spole to him, he felt smooth and cold to touch as he was a smile spider. You found Helena standing just outside the common room sipping a cup of coffee and looking nervous, tyring to be useful and clearly being anxious to hear how the strike team was doing. She turned to look at Serge when he came over.
"Any news Mr Yager?"

(OOC: Yeah they have some more pepole who can get them out.)
(OOC 2: Yeah pepole got nuts. Once when the guys driving the delivery truks was on strike so that there might be a bit less variation in the stores for a few days my mother was at the grocery store and she saw two old ladies literaly fight over a bag of flour, hitting one another with their canes...both had a tower of flour bags in their carts. The strike lasted for six days, the store supplies never even dipped.)
(OOC 3: I am sorry for the late reply I was playing D&D last night and I was tired so I waited until this morning to reply.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:58 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:Rodrigo chitter happily as you spole to him, he felt smooth and cold to touch as he was a smile spider. You found Helena standing just outside the common room sipping a cup of coffee and looking nervous, tyring to be useful and clearly being anxious to hear how the strike team was doing. She turned to look at Serge when he came over.
"Any news Mr Yager?"

"Yeah. Something new happened at the tree." Serge began, "Some creepy little girl showed up next to it with a doll. She and her doll stared at me for a little bit. Then she whispered something to the tree and vanished."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:52 am

[Steelhaven 2]

"A little girl showed up next to the tree? I will assume this is not a living little girl, or at least not a sleeper one?"
Helena asked with a frown.
"Hum...I do not like this, I will check the wards...I wonder who or what that girl was and what her connection to the Banshee is."
The Flambeau said.
"Are you sure the child and the ehm...doll looked at you Mr Yager?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:09 am

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:"A little girl showed up next to the tree? I will assume this is not a living little girl, or at least not a sleeper one?"
Helena asked with a frown.
"Hum...I do not like this, I will check the wards...I wonder who or what that girl was and what her connection to the Banshee is."
The Flambeau said.
"Are you sure the child and the ehm...doll looked at you Mr Yager?"

"I didn't check but I doubt she was an actual little girl. What she was though I'm not sure." Serge said. "The doll definitely looked at me. The doll looked at me before the girl even did. They just....stared at me for a while, whispered something to the banshee and then left."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:25 am

[Steelhaven 2]

"Well considering it is two in the morning I would be suprised to find a little sleeper child out and about so yes I doubt she was a normal little girl and if she was likely she was mind controlled in some way."
Helena replied with a nod.
"And the doll being able to look at you, well that is definitively not normal doll behavior."
The Flambeau added with a wry smile.
"It could seam they gained some sort of information...hum would you like to join me in checkign on the wards? You cna check your own at the same time just to be sure nothing got though?"
The Hermetic suggjested.
"Better safe than sorry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:46 pm

[villa 2]

"I can do that but it depend on how much else I have to handle at the same time."
Crexia said.
"I am sure we could arrange for that."
Amadeus commented.

"I don't want to overburden anyone, only seeing if this can be done in a safer manner."

"If Anna can not release the Scramber you mean? I am not sure, it is a ward it can be dropped."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"We will get her out in a crisis situation."

"Alright, sir."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:02 pm

[Villa, 2.00]

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, looking to Crexia. After all, it was her call. Plus, if they want damn respect-the-chain-o'-command jobsworths, well they'll get it.

[A lot of folks don't have reserves at home, stores don't have much either these days. Much of the 'shortages' I think are caused by 'the multiplier' effect; if everyone bought one more tin of X in a day, that can be x2/x3 in usual demand. This then makes empty shelves, which make folks buy even more out of 'not wanting to lose out'. It's known as 'the shortage economy' and was often seen in places like E Germany and the USSR. However, I think some people bought lots because they felt like they needed to do something to 'prepare' but were either unable or confused to *what* they should do for a pandemic. Explains the bottled water, which makes no sense otherwise.]

[Hmm... the shopping situation is reminding me of the 'Fuel Protests' back in 2000. Earlier 'collective memory' is also citing the Great Storm of 1987 and the 'Three Day Week' of 1974.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:17 pm

[villa 2]

"I don't want to overburden anyone, only seeing if this can be done in a safer manner."

Crexia nodded at that.
"We are going to have to look at what await us inside what can be done."
The lich said.

"Alright, sir."

Amadeus just nodded.

Nicole was silent to this, looking to Crexia. After all, it was her call. Plus, if they want damn respect-the-chain-o'-command jobsworths, well they'll get it.

If the toher team have someone to handle communication then having Mr Tilly with us would be practical."
Crexia said.
"It depends how important Mr Tilly's tasks is on his original team."

(OOC: Well no one would blame anyone for buying a little bit extra in case the stores close for a few days, having food for a few days and other neccesities are a good idea but no one need five hundred bags of toilet paper. But yes it is not like pepole are doing this because they are mean they are doing it because they are scared.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:53 pm

[Steelhaven 2]

Anja wrote:"Well considering it is two in the morning I would be suprised to find a little sleeper child out and about so yes I doubt she was a normal little girl and if she was likely she was mind controlled in some way."
Helena replied with a nod.
"And the doll being able to look at you, well that is definitively not normal doll behavior."
The Flambeau added with a wry smile.
"It could seam they gained some sort of information...hum would you like to join me in checkign on the wards? You cna check your own at the same time just to be sure nothing got though?"
The Hermetic suggjested.
"Better safe than sorry."

"Sure thing. I'm a little worried myself. I can't think of what information those two got from looking at me. I doubted they read my mind cause of the wards but if something happened to those wards then its a little more worrisome." Serge said with a nod, preparing to follow behind Helena.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next