Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:27 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:The mass of spiders stopped, as if the Komu did not know what to do, it was likely she would nto survive long in her crawling form in this cold, already her movements was slowing down and the cold was a real danger to her son, she was still a mass of spiders but they now stood there, watching as Colin checked on her child, unsure what to do.

In the sack lay a little monster, screaming his lungs out, well at least two of six sets of lungs that was, the little creature looked like a spider centaur, with the upper body that of a human child, he was vaguely able to be identified as Asian but he had clear inhuman features, several beady eyes embedded in his forehead in addition to the big, brown regular eyes he looked up at you with and his mouth looked a bit off, but other than this he looked like a few weeks old human infant, but from the waist down he was a slightly translucent, lightly purple spider, you could see the long, bagpipe like heart beating through his translucent exoskeleton.The infant was turning blue with cold and his screams was beginning to weaken, the second heart beat slower.
"What is it?"
Darrian asked sounding skeptical.
"Is it human?"
Colin frowned, quickly casting the little Maxwell's Demon spell in a tiny bubble around the little baby to bring its personal temperature back up to something it could survive as he scooped it up and gently held it, slightly awkwardly, but still supporting its head, "It's a baby... That's the important bit... Damn shame the mother has to die for her affiliations, but this poor thing isn't guilty of anything..."
He sighed softly, turning around toward the others, "Well, Serge is going to be thrilled with the little guy, and perhaps Lady Mara will be highly sympathetic toward him, but this is going to require quite a bit of lawyering. Especially if the Ananasi is to be kept out of the picture. What does one even feed a baby werespider?"

((OOC: *Sigh* And another mark on the "What did Colin adopt THIS time?" list... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:52 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin frowned, quickly casting the little Maxwell's Demon spell in a tiny bubble around the little baby to bring its personal temperature back up to something it could survive as he scooped it up and gently held it, slightly awkwardly, but still supporting its head, "It's a baby... That's the important bit... Damn shame the mother has to die for her affiliations, but this poor thing isn't guilty of anything..."

"That...is horrifying!"
Darrian exclaimed as the baby Ananasi still crying stretched his tiny, chubby arms out towards you and wriggled all his little, translucent legs.
"But I guess you are right we can not kill a child for the sins of his mother but...damn..."

He sighed softly, turning around toward the others, "Well, Serge is going to be thrilled with the little guy, and perhaps Lady Mara will be highly sympathetic toward him, but this is going to require quite a bit of lawyering. Especially if the Ananasi is to be kept out of the picture. What does one even feed a baby werespider?"

"You are thinking we take him back to Steelhaven? But we...can't keep him...I mean he will grow will he not?"
Darrian exclaimed. You noticed the Komu assembling herself again and coming forwards, huddling with cold.
"Blood...we live on blood, human or animal it do not matter but it must be warm blooded, mammal blood."
She said then she looked at her son.
"It makes no sense, to surrender so you will raise the temperature to save him. I am fertile I can have more offspring, I have birthed thousands with a spider mate, though none of them have become Ananasi, but him...it makes no sense he is sterile and he is a male, I should abandon him and have more children, but I can not..."
The komu muttered softly.
"You know...our Metis spiderlings are not born, with his shape that would be...impractical, he clawed his way out of me, only my healing abilities brought by blood saved my life, but as I lay in a pool of my own blood, recovering and saw him for the first time, mewling, struggling, perfect...yes I should abandon him...but I can not. He is my son."
She whispered and she reached otu a hand to touch the infant's cheek gently.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:57 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

"No, there just staring at us angrily. Ms. Mar said she was gonna try and make them talk while I gave you the phones." Serge said giving the phones over to the Master.

Cita accepted the phones and nodded.
"Well that is understandable enough I hope Miss Mar can make them see some reason."

"Learned there names and that their super mystical though from the stuff they had in their pockets. So likely not technocracy. That's about it though. The info on the phones should give us a lot more to go on though." he continued, "Hey, what'd you do with their car?"

"Their car? Oh I put it on my phone, I have an app for that."
Cita said absent minded as she examined the phones.
"Hum...not from the Union? Could be Nephandi then perhaps or member of a Craft or Orphans? They question is why they where spying on us..."

(OOC: Sorry I missed your post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:56 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"That...is horrifying!"
Darrian exclaimed as the baby Ananasi still crying stretched his tiny, chubby arms out towards you and wriggled all his little, translucent legs.
"But I guess you are right we can not kill a child for the sins of his mother but...damn..."
Colin shrugged slightly, careful not to shake the little one needlessly, "Eh, I've seen far more disturbing children... Adley can confirm that one."

Anja wrote:"You are thinking we take him back to Steelhaven? But we...can't keep him...I mean he will grow will he not?"
Darrian exclaimed. You noticed the Komu assembling herself again and coming forwards, huddling with cold.
"Blood...we live on blood, human or animal it do not matter but it must be warm blooded, mammal blood."
She said then she looked at her son.
"It makes no sense, to surrender so you will raise the temperature to save him. I am fertile I can have more offspring, I have birthed thousands with a spider mate, though none of them have become Ananasi, but him...it makes no sense he is sterile and he is a male, I should abandon him and have more children, but I can not..."
The komu muttered softly.
"You know...our Metis spiderlings are not born, with his shape that would be...impractical, he clawed his way out of me, only my healing abilities brought by blood saved my life, but as I lay in a pool of my own blood, recovering and saw him for the first time, mewling, struggling, perfect...yes I should abandon him...but I can not. He is my son."
She whispered and she reached otu a hand to touch the infant's cheek gently.
He nodded, "It is... odd, yes, a parent's love for a child can be so overwhelming... You have a little time to answer my questions first; do you, in fact, walk the Black Spiral like the Mages of this place do, or have you simply allied with them for some other reason?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:52 pm

[Labyrinth entrance 3 00]

"My servant should be back with Mr Darehill soon perhaps he can aid us in this."
Mr Amelie said with a nod and soon Mr Cromwell did indeed arrive with Ryan in tow.
"Ok...ehm the little fellow said I was needed, what is going on?"
The Cultist asked.

"Hey, sorry to call for you but we needed help dealing with the time mage still. He keeps hopping all over time, rather than place, and so we can't target him. We have someone keeping him busy right now."

// don't mind me while I preoccupy myself for this last post before I'm probably off
ooc2: (facepalm) Colin is trying to adopt a drider baby as well as a Labyrinth.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:05 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"Their car? Oh I put it on my phone, I have an app for that."
Cita said absent minded as she examined the phones.
"Hum...not from the Union? Could be Nephandi then perhaps or member of a Craft or Orphans? They question is why they where spying on us..."

"Damn, wanted to look around that car and see what sort of stuff they had. Oh well, the phones should have plenty of information." Serge said with a shrug. "I'll check out their auras to see if their Fallen or not. And hopefully we can shed some light with the info on those phones."

(OOC: Yes! More spiders for Steelhaven's spider army!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:54 am

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin shrugged slightly, careful not to shake the little one needlessly, "Eh, I've seen far more disturbing children... Adley can confirm that one."

"I have no doubt...even so the Chief will not be pleased, I mean how do that thing even stay alive?"
Darrian said with a sigh.
"Well I guess we have to take care of it now."
He said and he Komu glared at him.
"Not it...him, he is a little boy his name is Si-woo!"
"Ehm...ah yes off course ehm...yes."

He nodded, "It is... odd, yes, a parent's love for a child can be so overwhelming... You have a little time to answer my questions first; do you, in fact, walk the Black Spiral like the Mages of this place do, or have you simply allied with them for some other reason?"

The Komu looked at you fro a while then she sigh.
"That is a hard question to answer. I serve the Eater of Souls one aspect of the Wyrm dedicated to consuming all that exist. We do not consider ourselves a corrupted group though, we naturally destroy because destruction are needed."
She replied.
"As for why I am with the Nephandi, well other Fera tend to dislike Ananasi and the servants of Ananasa actively hunt my kind so where else would I go, we have communities in Asia but in the West working with the Fallen or with Black Spiral Dancers are our best chance for protection."

"Hey, sorry to call for you but we needed help dealing with the time mage still. He keeps hopping all over time, rather than place, and so we can't target him. We have someone keeping him busy right now."

"I see...well I can do a working and see if I can locate time anomalies, I can not go forwards or back in time but I can create a...map of sours allowing us to predict when someone jumping around in time will show up in this time this here and now."
Ryan offered.
"I will need a few minutes to meditate to get into a deep trance state to do it though."

[Steelhaven 3]

"Damn, wanted to look around that car and see what sort of stuff they had. Oh well, the phones should have plenty of information." Serge said with a shrug. "I'll check out their auras to see if their Fallen or not. And hopefully we can shed some light with the info on those phones."

"You do know that something placed on my phone is not gone, I can put the car int he garage but it should be checked for traps before you go snooping in there since we do not know who these guys are."
Cita replied.
"I will check the phones then if you check the prisoner's auras, whatever or not they are Fallen should help to clarify things."

(OOC: Yeah Colin adopt things, Jeffry will be so pleased. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:13 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"You do know that something placed on my phone is not gone, I can put the car int he garage but it should be checked for traps before you go snooping in there since we do not know who these guys are."
Cita replied.
"I will check the phones then if you check the prisoner's auras, whatever or not they are Fallen should help to clarify things."

"Very well." Serge said with a nod as he headed back down to the basement to see if Helena had made any progress in the interrogations.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:29 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"Ok see you later Mr Yager."
Cita said as she went to find a place to sit and work on the phones.

You got down to the basement and from the open door to the hobby room you heard.
"You might as well give up, you will get nothing from us."
"Listen I only want to know what you are doing here and why you where spying on us."
"And what the Traditions want they always get, even if they have to murder to get it."
"I am sorry about your friend but..."
"Fuck off!"
It did not sound as if she had gotten much from the prisoners.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:52 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:You got down to the basement and from the open door to the hobby room you heard.
"You might as well give up, you will get nothing from us."
"Listen I only want to know what you are doing here and why you where spying on us."
"And what the Traditions want they always get, even if they have to murder to get it."
"I am sorry about your friend but..."
"Fuck off!"
It did not sound as if she had gotten much from the prisoners.

Serge walked into the room with a sigh and approached the failing interrogation attempt. "Hey." he said simply as he approached Helena, "Passed on the phones to Master Telar. That should give us plenty of info once she's scanned through them. In the meantime do you want me to see if these guys have fallen corruption in their souls?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:35 am

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'Oh, goodie...' the Etherite quipped, planning to fall back within the group, to allow one with better attacks against such an enemy be on the front line...

[Nick won't be happy. At all. Esp when she learns about what they consume.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:45 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Serge walked into the room with a sigh and approached the failing interrogation attempt. "Hey." he said simply as he approached Helena, "Passed on the phones to Master Telar. That should give us plenty of info once she's scanned through them. In the meantime do you want me to see if these guys have fallen corruption in their souls?"

The young Flambeau turned when she heard Serge approaching.
"That sounds like a good idea."
Helena said and she stepped aside so you could enter the make sift cell.
"So far they have not been willing to give up much information."
You saw a little chibi version of Helena, it looked like her but had ice crystals for hair, strange one of the prisoner's chibi version which constantly said I am annoying, I am annoying, as Helena's mind drifted to her fantasies for a moment then the little chibis vanished again.

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3.00]

Oh, goodie...' the Etherite quipped, planning to fall back within the group, to allow one with better attacks against such an enemy be on the front line...

"At least we will not be bored."
Amadeus commented wryly as he and Crexia got into position to deal with the spirits while the rest protected them and stayed out of the way...and then there was despair. It was as if all joy vanished and every bit of self doubt and fear you had assaulted you all at once, you managed to avoid being taken down by the onslaught of negative emotions and keep focus but just barely, the presence still make you feel like shit and the others fared no better you saw Coawa shiver then he muttered mournfully.
"What is the point...what is the point of fighting...the humans will destroy the sea, all I love will die, there is no hope."
And he sort of slowly fell out of his war from and sank to his knees.
"Oh fuck these assholes!"
Amadeus said.
"The fun never ends."
Crexia replied between gritted teeth.

(OOC: I rolled Willpower for Nicole to avoid being taken over by the despair of the Outsider Things and got one success, so she manages but she is not happy.)
(OOC 2: There are worse things one could eat than blood.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:35 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"I have no doubt...even so the Chief will not be pleased, I mean how do that thing even stay alive?"
"Well I guess we have to take care of it now."
He said and he Komu glared at him.
"Not it...him, he is a little boy his name is Si-woo!"
"Ehm...ah yes off course ehm...yes."
Colin smiled thinly, "Si-woo... It doesn't quite roll easily off the tongue for an anglophone. Does the name translate to anything?"

Anja wrote:The Komu looked at you fro a while then she sigh.
"That is a hard question to answer. I serve the Eater of Souls one aspect of the Wyrm dedicated to consuming all that exist. We do not consider ourselves a corrupted group though, we naturally destroy because destruction are needed."
She replied.
"As for why I am with the Nephandi, well other Fera tend to dislike Ananasi and the servants of Ananasa actively hunt my kind so where else would I go, we have communities in Asia but in the West working with the Fallen or with Black Spiral Dancers are our best chance for protection."
He nodded, "There is a Tradition of Mages dedicated to ending that which must end... I suppose you might find some mutual understanding with them, though they are quite serious about restraint - they only end things if it is the least bad option, because it costs them... well..."
He looked to Darrian, "Destruction, to make way for new Creation, a concept we can appreciate, is it not? I suppose... if she's not actually corrupt, we can let her go to raise her child? Can either of you confirm her claim?"

((OOC: I mean, how could anyone hate a cute little drider baby? Poor little guy is just cold and hungry, it's not his fault? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:21 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin smiled thinly, "Si-woo... It doesn't quite roll easily off the tongue for an anglophone. Does the name translate to anything?"

"No I suppose it do not, then again I am not English."
The Komu said.
"My son's name means divine intervention or gift from god."

He nodded, "There is a Tradition of Mages dedicated to ending that which must end... I suppose you might find some mutual understanding with them, though they are quite serious about restraint - they only end things if it is the least bad option, because it costs them... well..."
He looked to Darrian, "Destruction, to make way for new Creation, a concept we can appreciate, is it not? I suppose... if she's not actually corrupt, we can let her go to raise her child? Can either of you confirm her claim?"

"The woman do serve the Nephandi and I am not sure you can compare serving the Wyrm for a shapechanger to being an Euthanathos."
"I know nothing about werspiders, but from what I have been told by other fera the Wyrm is always considered corrupted and the avatars of the Wyrm like the Eater of Souls are always connected to the black spiral."
He said and the Komu sigh.
"It is complicated, I am not going to claim my kind is...benign, there is a reason why there are so many legends of aggressive, murderous spider monsters in Asian myths, but we do not become corrupted the same way as the Black Spiral Dancers."
She said.
"I am not very comfortable just leaving a powerful enemy here to literary bite us in the butt once we have turned our backs, or to escape and join another Labyrinth, we have no reason to trust this woman."
The alchemist replied with a frown.
"Listen I can promise to go far away and find a place to hide and raise my son, or go back to Korea and join back up with my kin there, but I do not know what I can do to have you trust that."
The Komu said and Darrian sigh again.
"That is the problem madam there are few ways to trust that and you are a dangerous and powerful ally for the the Nephandi."

(OOC: Well at least Metis Komu do not stay in that form forever they will have their first change eventually and yes the kid is just a baby he just want warmth and food.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:45 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"No I suppose it do not, then again I am not English."
The Komu said.
"My son's name means divine intervention or gift from god."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "It's a good name. There are a few names with similar connotations in English. I suppose humans have always tended to believe that naming their children in relation to a deity will provide that deity's protection... and I suppose that's not entirely incorrect."

Anja wrote:"The woman do serve the Nephandi and I am not sure you can compare serving the Wyrm for a shapechanger to being an Euthanathos."
"I know nothing about werspiders, but from what I have been told by other fera the Wyrm is always considered corrupted and the avatars of the Wyrm like the Eater of Souls are always connected to the black spiral."
He said and the Komu sigh.
"It is complicated, I am not going to claim my kind is...benign, there is a reason why there are so many legends of aggressive, murderous spider monsters in Asian myths, but we do not become corrupted the same way as the Black Spiral Dancers."
She said.
"I am not very comfortable just leaving a powerful enemy here to literary bite us in the butt once we have turned our backs, or to escape and join another Labyrinth, we have no reason to trust this woman."
The alchemist replied with a frown.
"Listen I can promise to go far away and find a place to hide and raise my son, or go back to Korea and join back up with my kin there, but I do not know what I can do to have you trust that."
The Komu said and Darrian sigh again.
"That is the problem madam there are few ways to trust that and you are a dangerous and powerful ally for the the Nephandi."
He nodded thoughtfully, then stepped over to the Komu and handed Si-woo over, deftly pulling a single strand of hair off her head, "Here's a way, then - we take this strand of hair, and you and your child leave for Korea at the earliest opportunity... If you are still in Boston in a week... hm, let us make it two weeks, for Si-woo's sake, we will find you, and let our allied Ananasi partake in hunting you down. Whatever spirits you have made bargains with will not be enough to protect you - and my apologies to your patron for usurping its wind like that; it sounded very much like something I would not wish to be struck by - but if you are gone within the fortnight, we'll destroy the hair and leave you and your son be... Is this an acceptable deal for everyone present?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:24 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "It's a good name. There are a few names with similar connotations in English. I suppose humans have always tended to believe that naming their children in relation to a deity will provide that deity's protection... and I suppose that's not entirely incorrect."

"Religion influence many societies so it makes sense to name our children religious names, and besides a Metis are considered a blessed occurrence among the Komu, not encouraged by our elders since there is a good chance the father die during the mating, and the mother during the birth and so instead of two fertile adults you are left with an sterile child, but even so they are considered blessed and chosen by the Wyrm."
The Komu said with a hint of a smile.

He nodded thoughtfully, then stepped over to the Komu and handed Si-woo over, deftly pulling a single strand of hair off her head, "Here's a way, then - we take this strand of hair, and you and your child leave for Korea at the earliest opportunity... If you are still in Boston in a week... hm, let us make it two weeks, for Si-woo's sake, we will find you, and let our allied Ananasi partake in hunting you down. Whatever spirits you have made bargains with will not be enough to protect you - and my apologies to your patron for usurping its wind like that; it sounded very much like something I would not wish to be struck by - but if you are gone within the fortnight, we'll destroy the hair and leave you and your son be... Is this an acceptable deal for everyone present?"

The Komu accepted her son and she seamed to handle how to cradle his rather unusual shape with ease, one arm supported his lower body horizontally, while the other leaned his upper body and head against her chest, she bent down and kissed the infant on top of the few strands of black hair that grew from his scalp and the baby cooed, he was warmer now and felt safe in his mother's arm, all of his eight legs sort of curled around her arm.
"I think I can arrange for transportation within two weeks."
The werspider agreed.

Darrian tried to pull Colin aside he gave the Orphan a doubtful look.
"We can not just leave her here Mr Wainwright, listen I want to believe she is being truthful, that she will leave and just focus on raising her son, but she is a powerful Awakened being, there is no saying that if we leave her here she will not heal and then go right back to spying for the Nephandi and now that the Labyrinth are on our side the spider is the most important source of intel on our movements the Gilledian have. I am not so sure it is tactically sound to leave her alive...it is up to you I left you in command but you are putting allot of trust in one of the servants of the Nephandi, even with an Arcane connection to her person..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:19 pm

"I see...well I can do a working and see if I can locate time anomalies, I can not go forwards or back in time but I can create a...map of sours allowing us to predict when someone jumping around in time will show up in this time this here and now."
Ryan offered. "I will need a few minutes to meditate to get into a deep trance state to do it though."

"That sounds very helpful. I will keep watch over you, perhaps over here would be safest," he suggested, and gestured to the area where the friendly cornerstone spirit had their physical manifestation.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:24 pm

That sounds very helpful. I will keep watch over you, perhaps over here would be safest," he suggested, and gestured to the area where the friendly cornerstone spirit had their physical manifestation.

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Ryan said as he padded over to the area indicated before plopping himself down, then he adjusted his headphones and put on a piece of music and closed his eyes, he started breathing more slowly and evenly as he prepared to enter into the needed mental state to track Rust.
"So...ehm do we get ready to act when he gets something?"
Amber Rose asked as Ryan meditated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:45 pm

[Labyrinth enterance 3 00]

"So...ehm do we get ready to act when he gets something?"
Amber Rose asked as Ryan meditated.

"I wish we could get word to our catlike friend, but she is busy holding him off. We should try to get ready in case he makes another desperate try for an attack in here yes. He may try to hide out and rest too and that would give us another opportunity when we are rejoined by another team," he said, considering options.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:35 pm

[Labyrinth enterance 3 00]

"I wish we could get word to our catlike friend, but she is busy holding him off. We should try to get ready in case he makes another desperate try for an attack in here yes. He may try to hide out and rest too and that would give us another opportunity when we are rejoined by another team," he said, considering options.

"Perhaps if someone can do some telepathy we can contact the shapechanger...not that I have the power to do that."
Amber Rose replied then she looked at Ryan.
"I guess for now we just protect ehm..Mr Darehill...was it?"
She asked.
"Until he is done with his rote, but do you really think the Chronomancer will try to go for us again?"
She asked and Mr Amelie nodded.
"As this man seamed to be rather set on our destruction it is likely he will try again if he is given opportunity Madam."
The vampire said.
"Let us hope that Mr Darehill can find the Chronomancer then Sir."
Anna chimed in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:23 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:The young Flambeau turned when she heard Serge approaching.
"That sounds like a good idea."
Helena said and she stepped aside so you could enter the make sift cell.
"So far they have not been willing to give up much information."
You saw a little chibi version of Helena, it looked like her but had ice crystals for hair, strange one of the prisoner's chibi version which constantly said I am annoying, I am annoying, as Helena's mind drifted to her fantasies for a moment then the little chibis vanished again.

Serge smiled at the chibi displays of Helena's innermost fantasies before turning his attention to the two prisoners.

"Well then. Vincent. Alec. I have one important question for you." he said, making sure to maintain eye contact with the two of them. "What are your thoughts on seatbelts?"

The question was, of course, meaningless. What mattered was that Serge kept his eye contact with the two men and opened his eyes to see beyond the illusions placed upon them. The eyes were the windows into the souls, and through them Serge would be able to tell the true nature of the two men before him.

(OOC: Mind 1 to turn on Serge's aura sight.

Roll: 7, 10, 4, 2)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:55 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:The Komu accepted her son and she seamed to handle how to cradle his rather unusual shape with ease, one arm supported his lower body horizontally, while the other leaned his upper body and head against her chest, she bent down and kissed the infant on top of the few strands of black hair that grew from his scalp and the baby cooed, he was warmer now and felt safe in his mother's arm, all of his eight legs sort of curled around her arm.
"I think I can arrange for transportation within two weeks."
The werspider agreed.
Colin nodded, "I'll just have to confer with my own seniors. One way or another, I'm sure I'll get a lecture for this..."

Anja wrote:Darrian tried to pull Colin aside he gave the Orphan a doubtful look.
"We can not just leave her here Mr Wainwright, listen I want to believe she is being truthful, that she will leave and just focus on raising her son, but she is a powerful Awakened being, there is no saying that if we leave her here she will not heal and then go right back to spying for the Nephandi and now that the Labyrinth are on our side the spider is the most important source of intel on our movements the Gilledian have. I am not so sure it is tactically sound to leave her alive...it is up to you I left you in command but you are putting allot of trust in one of the servants of the Nephandi, even with an Arcane connection to her person..."
He nodded, "I agree - we can't trust her if we leave her here and turn the heat back on. Or at least, we can't afford the risk of trusting her that much. We've got to evict her, right now... once she's out of the villa grounds, the guardian will ensure she stays out. You saw how she reacted when I said I wasn't sure how I could keep the child safe and fed... I don't think she's that good an actor. But we still have to send her out before we can proceed with the rest of the Labyrinth. Besides, Tali ought to be able to tell if any part of her remains..."

((OOC: Made it home from my parents' place, apartment was ten degrees when we got home. Could probably have left the heating a little higher...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:56 am

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin nodded, "I'll just have to confer with my own seniors. One way or another, I'm sure I'll get a lecture for this..."

"Thank you."
The Komu said earnestly as she cradled her child and managed to soothe the babe into sleep.

He nodded, "I agree - we can't trust her if we leave her here and turn the heat back on. Or at least, we can't afford the risk of trusting her that much. We've got to evict her, right now... once she's out of the villa grounds, the guardian will ensure she stays out.

"I can see two problems with this idea."
Darrian replied in a whisper.
"One is that there are more than one entrance into the Labyrinth and two we know shapeshifters travel the Umbra chances are she could get back in if she wanted to."

You saw how she reacted when I said I wasn't sure how I could keep the child safe and fed... I don't think she's that good an actor. But we still have to send her out before we can proceed with the rest of the Labyrinth. Besides, Tali ought to be able to tell if any part of her remains..."

"I believe she is concerned about her child. I am just worried about her returning to aid the Nephandi Mr Wainwright."
The Alchemist commented as he glanced over at the Komu rocking her now sleeping child in her arms.
"Besides look at that child...that is straight out of a horror movie who know what it's mother is capable of."

[Steelhaven 3]

Serge smiled at the chibi displays of Helena's innermost fantasies before turning his attention to the two prisoners.

"Well then. Vincent. Alec. I have one important question for you." he said, making sure to maintain eye contact with the two of them. "What are your thoughts on seatbelts?"

The two men ignored your questions and when they noticed you wanted eye contact they closed their eyes and turned their head away to many effects needed eye contact and they would have none of it.

The question was, of course, meaningless. What mattered was that Serge kept his eye contact with the two men and opened his eyes to see beyond the illusions placed upon them. The eyes were the windows into the souls, and through them Serge would be able to tell the true nature of the two men before him.

You did not see much as the two men avoided looking into your eyes, they where trained enough to not have eye contact with mages or other supernaturals if they could avoid it and your Paradigm needed it.

(OOC: I am glad you made it back safely Warp. Well that is a cold apartment but at least you and your fiance are not Ananasi...or are you?. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:36 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:The two men ignored your questions and when they noticed you wanted eye contact they closed their eyes and turned their head away to many effects needed eye contact and they would have none of it.
Anja wrote:You did not see much as the two men avoided looking into your eyes, they where trained enough to not have eye contact with mages or other supernaturals if they could avoid it and your Paradigm needed it.

"Ahhh, smart smart smart." Serge said with a slight chuckle as he looked up at the ceiling. "Just delaying things though. Don't think I'm such a lame mage that I rely on one way to cast a spell. Eye contacts the easiest. Not the only tool I have though."

Serge closed his eyes, slowed his breath, and focused his mind. Meditating into a different mental state. Slowly willing his eyes to see beyond the illusions that have been limiting them since the time of their creation. So that when he opened them again they would see past all trivialities to get to the heart of the world around him.

(OOC: Mind 1 Effect to turn on Serge's Aura sight. This version uses mediation as a focus/tool rather than eye contact.

Roll: 7, 2, 4, 6)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:01 am

[Steelhaven 3]

"Ahhh, smart smart smart." Serge said with a slight chuckle as he looked up at the ceiling. "Just delaying things though. Don't think I'm such a lame mage that I rely on one way to cast a spell. Eye contacts the easiest. Not the only tool I have though."

Serge closed his eyes, slowed his breath, and focused his mind. Meditating into a different mental state. Slowly willing his eyes to see beyond the illusions that have been limiting them since the time of their creation. So that when he opened them again they would see past all trivialities to get to the heart of the world around him.

"It is never wise to look another mage or other supernatural being in the eye."
Vincent commented. You begun to meditate and focus your mind to see beyond the five senses at the two prisoners. You open your eyes and looks at the aura of the two men, red and orange swirled about them, they where angry and afraid. Sad silver tones and the brown of bitterness was mixed in in their grief for their lost friend. A myriad of of sparks showed that they where mages but there was none of the black, corrupted vileness that showed them to be Fallen, they where mages but from what you could see not Nephandi.
"What are you trying to do?"
Vincent asked angrily.
"Go fuck yourself."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next