Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

5 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51 - Page 4 Empty Re: A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:12 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"It is never wise to look another mage or other supernatural being in the eye."
Vincent commented. You begun to meditate and focus your mind to see beyond the five senses at the two prisoners. You open your eyes and looks at the aura of the two men, red and orange swirled about them, they where angry and afraid. Sad silver tones and the brown of bitterness was mixed in in their grief for their lost friend. A myriad of of sparks showed that they where mages but there was none of the black, corrupted vileness that showed them to be Fallen, they where mages but from what you could see not Nephandi.
"What are you trying to do?"
Vincent asked angrily.
"Go fuck yourself."

"Looking at your aura to see if your Fallen." Serge answered honestly, "Which you are not. Just super pissed at us."

Serge shook his head slightly, breaking his meditative trance to deactivate the spell. He didn't want to continually see the two men's swirling emotions, knowing that it would only make it apparent how much they were hurting the two men.

"There not Nephandi. Or hiding it super well somehow. Doubt it though." Serge said to Helena.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51 - Page 4 Empty Re: A Peculiar Child, Trouble in the Hallways and and Angry Spider IC Thread 51

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:16 am

[Labyrinth Team #1, 3.00]

Anja's Post:

'Oh, that fucking despair squid again.' Nicole replied, clearly annoyed. 'All it's doing is lying to you, trying to get you to quit.' fighting back the mental image of arrogant Mystics parading about, treating Mundies like slaves in rags.

[Nicole objects to things that eat people.]

[Thanks for clarification.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:04 am

Oh, that fucking despair squid again.' Nicole replied, clearly annoyed. 'All it's doing is lying to you, trying to get you to quit.' fighting back the mental image of arrogant Mystics parading about, treating Mundies like slaves in rags.

"Shit...but...we loose more healthy ocean every day."
Coawa muttered listlessly and then you saw...something, the spirits was so alien it was hard to really know what they looked like, it was like wrongness just manifested through the walls, your eyes did not know how to tell your brain what it saw only that it was wrong, so wrong and it was here and soon it would attack you and your group. Crexia saw it and she started chanting and Amadeus started cutting himself again but most of the others where slower to react affected by the opressive aura of the spirits that filled the room with a feeling of despair as if reality itself was wrong.

Over in the marble room Tali commented.
"Two lesser manifestations of Outsider Things are descending on one of the Traditionalist teams."
Amber Rose frowned.
"What the hell are Outsider Things?"
She asked.
"Things that should not be and feel like it to."
Anna said with a sigh.
"And tough as hell to banish even when they are just lesser manifestations."

[Steelhaven 3]

"Looking at your aura to see if your Fallen." Serge answered honestly, "Which you are not. Just super pissed at us."

Serge shook his head slightly, breaking his meditative trance to deactivate the spell. He didn't want to continually see the two men's swirling emotions, knowing that it would only make it apparent how much they were hurting the two men.

"There not Nephandi. Or hiding it super well somehow. Doubt it though." Serge said to Helena.

"I don't think you need magick to realize that we are pissed at you shit for brains!"
Vincent grumbled. Helena nodded.
"Very well thank you Mr Yager, this complicates things...we have to find out who they are and...shit I wish my Mentor was home."
She muttered then she turned to the two men.
"Are you Orphans or members of a Craft?"
She asked but Alec and Vincent just glared in her direction and said nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:35 am

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"I don't think you need magick to realize that we are pissed at you shit for brains!"
Vincent grumbled. Helena nodded.
"Very well thank you Mr Yager, this complicates things...we have to find out who they are and...shit I wish my Mentor was home."
She muttered then she turned to the two men.
"Are you Orphans or members of a Craft?"
She asked but Alec and Vincent just glared in her direction and said nothing.

"There's so many Crafts out there..." Serge said with a sigh as the two prisoner's refused to cooperate.

He pulled out his phone as Helena continued her investigation and began searching the names of the two men on the internet. He didn't think he'd learn much, given that the two men seemed smart and he wasn't a Virtual Adept.

But there was always the off chance he'd learn something, especially if the two were more mystically inclined rather than technological.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 am

[Steelhaven 3]

There's so many Crafts out there..." Serge said with a sigh as the two prisoner's refused to cooperate.

He pulled out his phone as Helena continued her investigation and began searching the names of the two men on the internet. He didn't think he'd learn much, given that the two men seemed smart and he wasn't a Virtual Adept.

But there was always the off chance he'd learn something, especially if the two were more mystically inclined rather than technological.

"There are many indeed some of them friendlier than others."
Helena said and she continued to try to get the two men to talk while you checked their internet presences. Both had Facebook pages but there was little on them other than birthday wishes and wishing people Merry Christmas and announcements of new jobs, posts was months between. Alec was active on a forum for raising and caring for canary birds. Vincent seam to enjoy gaming and had a Steam account.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:10 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"There are many indeed some of them friendlier than others."
Helena said and she continued to try to get the two men to talk while you checked their internet presences. Both had Facebook pages but there was little on them other than birthday wishes and wishing people Merry Christmas and announcements of new jobs, posts was months between. Alec was active on a forum for raising and caring for canary birds. Vincent seam to enjoy gaming and had a Steam account.

Serge sighed as the search gave him seemingly unhelpful information. "I swear, once I finish that Sherlock Vision spell I'll use it constantly. Then I could deduce cool stuff from any sort of random information." he grumbled to himself as he pocketed his phone.

He went over to the tray filled with personal items, looking closely at the items that were there. He was specifically looking for the infamous 'noisy device' that had started this whole mess.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:28 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Serge sighed as the search gave him seemingly unhelpful information. "I swear, once I finish that Sherlock Vision spell I'll use it constantly. Then I could deduce cool stuff from any sort of random information." he grumbled to himself as he pocketed his phone.

He went over to the tray filled with personal items, looking closely at the items that were there. He was specifically looking for the infamous 'noisy device' that had started this whole mess.

"That sounds like a useful spell once you get the kinks worked out of it."
Helena commented. The device that Vincent had used was not in the box of personal items most likely Helena or Cita had already confiscated the device long before they risked bringing the two men into the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:43 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"I can see two problems with this idea."
Darrian replied in a whisper.
"One is that there are more than one entrance into the Labyrinth and two we know shapeshifters travel the Umbra chances are she could get back in if she wanted to."
Colin nodded, "The former has already been addressed, we'll know if anyone uses the back doors, as it were... as for the latter, while that is true, I do not believe she would risk it, not if that meant abandoning her child to chance or bringing him onto an already disvafourable battlefield."

Anja wrote:"I believe she is concerned about her child. I am just worried about her returning to aid the Nephandi Mr Wainwright."
The Alchemist commented as he glanced over at the Komu rocking her now sleeping child in her arms.
"Besides look at that child...that is straight out of a horror movie who know what it's mother is capable of."
He looked at the little bundle, "Eh, I've seen far more unsettling, er, children, back in Chicago... Besides, he's got a rather cute face. Besides, we control the battlefield conditions; it is a sufficient impairment for her that a single Mage with mere Initiate-rank power could beat her into a forced retreat. Imagine what a single one of our battle-hardened Masters would do before she could even see us? No... cunning though she is, I do not think she's confident enough to charge into a battle where she has little to contribute and less to profit..."

((OOC: Where day go? Day gone! Am sure there was day! Where day?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:18 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin nodded, "The former has already been addressed, we'll know if anyone uses the back doors, as it were... as for the latter, while that is true, I do not believe she would risk it, not if that meant abandoning her child to chance or bringing him onto an already disvafourable battlefield."

"I will trust your judgement in this as the team leader."
Darrian said. He clearly still had his doubts but there was no time for a long debate.
"I just hope you are right about this Mr Wainwright."

He looked at the little bundle, "Eh, I've seen far more unsettling, er, children, back in Chicago... Besides, he's got a rather cute face. Besides, we control the battlefield conditions; it is a sufficient impairment for her that a single Mage with mere Initiate-rank power could beat her into a forced retreat. Imagine what a single one of our battle-hardened Masters would do before she could even see us? No... cunning though she is, I do not think she's confident enough to charge into a battle where she has little to contribute and less to profit..."

"Listen my kind are survivors, and we are smart, I will not betray my employers, outright betrayal would just mean i will find myself with even less allies in the future and that will lead to my death, it will lead to Si-woo's death. But to withdraw and flee when there is nothing to be gained by staying I have no problem with that and it is not that I owe the Labyrinth more than a hired retainer. I am a spy not a warrior and I am quite happy to go and spy for someone else instead...also mage my son is not ugly, he is simply born into a war form, in a few years he will be able to change shapes at will."
The Komu said and Darrian sigh.
"Very well, but the Chief is not going to like this, he is not going to like this one bit."
Si-woo woke up from all the talking and he mewled and cooed happily in his mother's arms the cold forgotten.

(OOC: No day today the day have gone away.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:40 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"I will trust your judgement in this as the team leader."
Darrian said. He clearly still had his doubts but there was no time for a long debate.
"I just hope you are right about this Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "That makes two of us... but I believe my assessment is accurate."

Anja wrote:"Listen my kind are survivors, and we are smart, I will not betray my employers, outright betrayal would just mean i will find myself with even less allies in the future and that will lead to my death, it will lead to Si-woo's death. But to withdraw and flee when there is nothing to be gained by staying I have no problem with that and it is not that I owe the Labyrinth more than a hired retainer. I am a spy not a warrior and I am quite happy to go and spy for someone else instead...also mage my son is not ugly, he is simply born into a war form, in a few years he will be able to change shapes at will."
The Komu said and Darrian sigh.
He nodded, "Quite; there is no information about the battle you could provide the Gilledian that he's not already painfully aware of, and... honestly, staying here would mean risking Si-woo having bodily fluids forcibly extracted by the bloody ghost we're after. And yes, your son is quite the cute one, though one can understand if not everyone is as comfortable with war forms. I have... seen a couple of different war forms, and they all have some unsettling properties. Likely to aid in combat, I should say, as a frightened adversary is likely to fight less cleverly... You might take my Chantrymate's impolite statement as a compliment to your son's future potential?"

Anja wrote:"Very well, but the Chief is not going to like this, he is not going to like this one bit."
Si-woo woke up from all the talking and he mewled and cooed happily in his mother's arms the cold forgotten.
He sighed, "And I know, but to be honest... he would not have appreciated adopting another Custos, either, especially not an infant shapeshifter. I think... I think we can at least look ourselves in the mirror with less shame in the morning, for saving a child."
He shook his head, "Ma'am, if you'll gather any belongings you need to bring with you, we'll head straight for the exit, the quickest route... It might prove a little unsettling, mind."

((OOC: Ah, "No milk today, my cow has run away..."))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:32 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:"That sounds like a useful spell once you get the kinks worked out of it."
Helena commented. The device that Vincent had used was not in the box of personal items most likely Helena or Cita had already confiscated the device long before they risked bringing the two men into the Chantry.

"Forget kinks. I need to start making it." Serge said replied.

Before returning his attention back to the interrogation, Serge decided to look a bit more closely at the god figures attached to the keychain. While items such as the wands and pendulums could be the focus of any number of mages, the type of god figure could help narrow down the men's allegiances.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:16 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin nodded, "That makes two of us... but I believe my assessment is accurate."

Darrian nodded he did not agree with you but he accepted your decision and considered the matter closed.

He nodded, "Quite; there is no information about the battle you could provide the Gilledian that he's not already painfully aware of, and... honestly, staying here would mean risking Si-woo having bodily fluids forcibly extracted by the bloody ghost we're after.

"Indeed...I have had to give the bloody spirit some of my ichor, I am not fully spider and not fully human so I neither have blood and other bodily fluids nor haemolymph, but something in between, but all my bodily fluids are this substance so the ghost could not argue with the Gilledian that he should be allowed to take it from my spine rather than from a vein my my arm, I know he want to examine my son, but so far I have been able to protect Si-woo."
The Komu said with an angry frown.

And yes, your son is quite the cute one, though one can understand if not everyone is as comfortable with war forms. I have... seen a couple of different war forms, and they all have some unsettling properties. Likely to aid in combat, I should say, as a frightened adversary is likely to fight less cleverly... You might take my Chantrymate's impolite statement as a compliment to your son's future potential?"

"I guess that to humans most fera's war forms are terrifying though I hear the Bastet have quite beautiful forms, though I have not seen one in person, and I have seen a man turn into a dragon once, which was beautiful...however for my son's war for terror is not the point of his form. You see Ananasi unlike all fera but one have a selection of war forms, mine are based around strength and offensive capability, there is another that is based around being durable, these two are most common among females, while males more often get a speed based war form, if Si-woo keep this war from when he is adult he might not be able to tear someone's arm of, but he will be able to rival a Bastet for speed."
The wer spider muttered proudly and she kissed her child on the top of his head again.

He sighed, "And I know, but to be honest... he would not have appreciated adopting another Custos, either, especially not an infant shapeshifter. I think... I think we can at least look ourselves in the mirror with less shame in the morning, for saving a child."

"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright and I am not advocating killing the child...but the mother...well be that as it may the decision is made let us hope it is the right one."
Darrian said with a sigh.

He shook his head, "Ma'am, if you'll gather any belongings you need to bring with you, we'll head straight for the exit, the quickest route... It might prove a little unsettling, mind."

"Very few things unsettle me mage, but yes if you would hold Si-woo for a moment while I get my things...here hone arm under his spider body then support his upper body against your chest and support him with your other arm."
The Komu said before she gently handed her son back to you unless you protested, showing you how to support him and hold his oddly shaped body to keep him safe and comfortable.
"The spider centaur war from is the most...difficult in a Metis child as they need allot of support until they are able to hold themselves upright as laying down can be difficult, my own war form would have been...simpler to care for as a babe."

[Steelhaven 3]

Forget kinks. I need to start making it." Serge said replied.

"Than if you have the knowledge to do so I suggest you start Mr Yager."
The Flambeau remarked seeing the tactical value in your idea.

Before returning his attention back to the interrogation, Serge decided to look a bit more closely at the god figures attached to the keychain. While items such as the wands and pendulums could be the focus of any number of mages, the type of god figure could help narrow down the men's allegiances.

The little god figurines was a man with the horns of a stag and a bow in his arms and a old woman standing bent over a cauldron, they where made out of pewter that had a dull look to them indicating they had been handled often and was worn.
"Do you find anything interesting Mr Yager?"
Helena asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:57 pm

[Steelhaven 3]

Anja wrote:The little god figurines was a man with the horns of a stag and a bow in his arms and a old woman standing bent over a cauldron, they where made out of pewter that had a dull look to them indicating they had been handled often and was worn.
"Do you find anything interesting Mr Yager?"
Helena asked.

"Interesting...not really. Do you recognize any of these guys?" Serge asked, showing Helena the two figures on the key chains. "As in the characters their depicting. Can't seem to recognize them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 am

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:Darrian nodded he did not agree with you but he accepted your decision and considered the matter closed.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, Sir, if it turns out my assessment is in error, and we get out alive, I'll be happy to test your next experimental potion. A fair wager?"

Anja wrote:"Indeed...I have had to give the bloody spirit some of my ichor, I am not fully spider and not fully human so I neither have blood and other bodily fluids nor haemolymph, but something in between, but all my bodily fluids are this substance so the ghost could not argue with the Gilledian that he should be allowed to take it from my spine rather than from a vein my my arm, I know he want to examine my son, but so far I have been able to protect Si-woo."
The Komu said with an angry frown.
He nodded, then paused, chuckling, "Ah, I suppose the shapechanger fluids in the fridge were yours, then... We disposed of those. Taking Jace's toys away, one by one."

Anja wrote:"I guess that to humans most fera's war forms are terrifying though I hear the Bastet have quite beautiful forms, though I have not seen one in person, and I have seen a man turn into a dragon once, which was beautiful...however for my son's war for terror is not the point of his form. You see Ananasi unlike all fera but one have a selection of war forms, mine are based around strength and offensive capability, there is another that is based around being durable, these two are most common among females, while males more often get a speed based war form, if Si-woo keep this war from when he is adult he might not be able to tear someone's arm of, but he will be able to rival a Bastet for speed."
The wer spider muttered proudly and she kissed her child on the top of his head again.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, the Bastet war form is quite beautiful - but also quite unsettling, in its own way. I suppose there's an element of what they call the Uncanny Valley - that little bit of eerieness between that which is clearly human, and that which is not."

Anja wrote:"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright and I am not advocating killing the child...but the mother...well be that as it may the decision is made let us hope it is the right one."
Darrian said with a sigh.
He nodded, "If not... I'll get munitions from my shop."

Anja wrote:"Very few things unsettle me mage, but yes if you would hold Si-woo for a moment while I get my things...here hone arm under his spider body then support his upper body against your chest and support him with your other arm."
The Komu said before she gently handed her son back to you unless you protested, showing you how to support him and hold his oddly shaped body to keep him safe and comfortable.
"The spider centaur war from is the most...difficult in a Metis child as they need allot of support until they are able to hold themselves upright as laying down can be difficult, my own war form would have been...simpler to care for as a babe."
He smiled, gently shuffling Si-woo's legs into place and resting the child's upper body against his chest, "Like so? Yes, I suppose it would be complicated; can't get normal clothes..."
He paused before stroking the boy's hair, "Ah, do you share the normal susceptibility to silver? You see, I'm afraid my skin is somewhat saturated with the stuff - I forgot to consider it earlier, but I wouldn't want to hurt the little one."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:44 am

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, Sir, if it turns out my assessment is in error, and we get out alive, I'll be happy to test your next experimental potion. A fair wager?"

"You are a brave man Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said with a grin.
"Very well you have a deal."

He nodded, then paused, chuckling, "Ah, I suppose the shapechanger fluids in the fridge were yours, then... We disposed of those. Taking Jace's toys away, one by one."

"It could have been, or from the Black Spiral Dancer werewolves that live in the Labyrinth, but they are not in, they had some problems with one of the spirits they work with."
The Komu said with a shrug.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, the Bastet war form is quite beautiful - but also quite unsettling, in its own way. I suppose there's an element of what they call the Uncanny Valley - that little bit of eerieness between that which is clearly human, and that which is not."

"I can understand that...for me half human, half animal forms have been part of my life since I was born. Asian supernaturals tend to work closer together than the Western ones and while no one like us Kumo are still part of the Hengeyokai Beat Courts, to use the Japanese word which is so popular."
The woman said with a frown you got the feeling she was not a fan of the Japanese language or the rest of Japan either for that matter.
"But if you are not used to it I can get that it can be unsettling."

He nodded, "If not... I'll get munitions from my shop."

Darrian just nodded at that.

He smiled, gently shuffling Si-woo's legs into place and resting the child's upper body against his chest, "Like so? Yes, I suppose it would be complicated; can't get normal clothes..."

The baby werspider gently wrapped his legs around your arm and rested his head against your chest cooing.
"Yes well clothes are less of a problem, I can sew, and it would not be easier to find clothes for my war form, however my war form can lay on it's back, a spider centaur is a problem when he can not yet hold his back and head up."
The Komu said as she begun stuffing her belongings in a bag.
"Yes you seam to be holding him pretty well, he looks comfortable enough, careful with his book lungs though, and notice his exoskeleton is not very hard yet, this will get better once he molts a few times."

He paused before stroking the boy's hair, "Ah, do you share the normal susceptibility to silver? You see, I'm afraid my skin is somewhat saturated with the stuff - I forgot to consider it earlier, but I wouldn't want to hurt the little one."

The Komu gave you an almost insulted look.
"No we do not, in many way we are not the same as other fera, they where created by Gaia, Luna and I believe a few other Celestines working together, the Ananasi though are Aunt Nancy's own pet project, we lack many of the traits of other shapechangers."
Then her features softened.
"You will not hurt my son by touching him."
She added.
"But I am glad you asked and care about his safety."

[Steelhaven 3]

"Interesting...not really. Do you recognize any of these guys?" Serge asked, showing Helena the two figures on the key chains. "As in the characters their depicting. Can't seem to recognize them."

Helena glanced over at the figurines.
"Hum..could be Cerridwen and Herne the Hunter the former is a Celtic Goddess of wisdom, and the latter a British ghost who lead the wild hunt in some stories, in others he is a forest God. They are popular Pagan Gods."
The Hermetic said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:24 am

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, and it's that's fault.' Nicole replied, pointing to whatever the hell that thing was. 'Making people give up on the shit they care about!'

[Leadership/Expression roll, trying to 'rally the troops', by turning despair to anger.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:58 am

Yeah, and it's that's fault.' Nicole replied, pointing to whatever the hell that thing was. 'Making people give up on the shit they care about!'

Coawa looked at you for a moment, he blinked then he just nodded and he seamed to have overcome some of his despair at least for he rushed towards the spirit, changing shape as he ran and attacked the closest of the things that should not be.

At this time the things assaulting your eyes was fully in the room, they shot out appendages, if that is what it was, part of themselves, foul, horrid things and tried to get at the Traditionalists. You heard several members of your team cry out. Tilly was hit and he sank to the floor in pain, it was hard to see how hurt he was. Amadeus narrowly avoided one of the Outsider Thing's tendrils. Another of the tendrils shot towards you and you felt despair, death and nothingness, the sensations as physical as a blade pass right by you as you managed to barely step aside.
"Well shit...ok let us keep them busy until Lady Crexia can banish them!"
Amadeus called as he sliced towards a tendril with one of his daggers. And all the while that feeling of...heaviness, of wrongness, of despair filled the room like a heavy blanket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:04 am

Anja's Post:

Feeling rather rattled by the close experience and the knowledge she would have to use her own body to buy time again, Nicole in a swift movement abandoned her carbine, unsheathed her utility knife from her shin and shot out her blade-claws, to try to defend the others from the tentacles.

[Happy New Year, y'all! For the first time since... 1998, I'm spending it alone (no choice here). I'm a bit pissed off...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:30 am

Feeling rather rattled by the close experience and the knowledge she would have to use her own body to buy time again, Nicole in a swift movement abandoned her carbine, unsheathed her utility knife from her shin and shot out her blade-claws, to try to defend the others from the tentacles.

You saw another tendril stretch towards Tilly but managed to deflect it with he blade that had been enchanted to affect spirits, the spirit did not make a sound though it just stretched out with more of those...things, you where not hit but you heard Coawa scream, then Crexia spoke the last syllable of her spell and one of the spirits just vanished, banished back to wherever they came from. You could not help get the feeling these where less like spirits that mystics spoke about and more like corrupted code in a program trying to stall the entire application, now one was gone and Crexia started her chanting again but now the remaining Outsider Thing saw the lich as a threat, those strange tendrils reached out and wrapped themselves around the Hermetic's thin fingers, preventing her from working the gestures needed for her banishing work, you saw dark spots of decay where the tendrils touched the undead flesh and yet the lich made no sound other than little grunts as she pulled on her hands and tried to free her fingers.

(OOC: Happy New Years. Yeah that sucks. I almost did not manage to get to my mothers this year for Christmas and new years, my social anxiety is allot worse than it used to so train was not an option but I was lucky and someone could drive me home.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:59 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole made to slash the contracting tendril with her utility knife, a tiny part of her wondering whether whatever 'enchantments' was done to it earlier would have an effect...

[At least 'here' isn't *that* bad. Thinking of where I was living in c2009, then imagining if I'd had to go through the pandemic there... I think someone would have ended up dead.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:20 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"You are a brave man Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said with a grin.
"Very well you have a deal."
Colin chuckled, "Well, if I am that wrong about her, I deserve whatever you cook up..."

Anja wrote:"It could have been, or from the Black Spiral Dancer werewolves that live in the Labyrinth, but they are not in, they had some problems with one of the spirits they work with."
He arched an eyebrow, "Trouble with a spirit? That could be important... what sort of spirit?"

Anja wrote:The baby werspider gently wrapped his legs around your arm and rested his head against your chest cooing.
"Yes well clothes are less of a problem, I can sew, and it would not be easier to find clothes for my war form, however my war form can lay on it's back, a spider centaur is a problem when he can not yet hold his back and head up."
The Komu said as she begun stuffing her belongings in a bag.
"Yes you seam to be holding him pretty well, he looks comfortable enough, careful with his book lungs though, and notice his exoskeleton is not very hard yet, this will get better once he molts a few times."
He raised an eyebrow, "Book... ah, on the underside of the spider body?"

Anja wrote:The Komu gave you an almost insulted look.
"No we do not, in many way we are not the same as other fera, they where created by Gaia, Luna and I believe a few other Celestines working together, the Ananasi though are Aunt Nancy's own pet project, we lack many of the traits of other shapechangers."
Then her features softened.
"You will not hurt my son by touching him."
She added.
"But I am glad you asked and care about his safety."
He smiled warmly as he stroked Si-woo's hair gently, "Oh, good. No offense was intended. I'm afraid there remain a number of gaps in my knowledge of shapechangers; it would seem there are a lot of concerns that a person in my position would be able to use such knowledge tactically. It... is not an unfounded concern, I will admit, but there is still a difference between learning what might be hazardous to friends and allies to avoid harming them, and learning their weaknesses to deliberately harm them."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:03 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin chuckled, "Well, if I am that wrong about her, I deserve whatever you cook up..."

"Let us hope for both of our sake that you are not wrong then Mr Wainwright."
Darrian said with a faint smile.

He arched an eyebrow, "Trouble with a spirit? That could be important... what sort of spirit?"

"I don't know, a Wyrm aligned one, possibly one connected to the Meajin Incarna known as Lord Steel the Duke of Hate...forgive me I would tell you if I knew but they just did not confide in me on this matter."

He raised an eyebrow, "Book... ah, on the underside of the spider body?"

"Yes if you feel along his abdomen you will find little slits, that are his book lungs."
The werspider replied.
"He can not support all of his system with his human lungs."

He smiled warmly as he stroked Si-woo's hair gently, "Oh, good. No offense was intended. I'm afraid there remain a number of gaps in my knowledge of shapechangers; it would seem there are a lot of concerns that a person in my position would be able to use such knowledge tactically. It... is not an unfounded concern, I will admit, but there is still a difference between learning what might be hazardous to friends and allies to avoid harming them, and learning their weaknesses to deliberately harm them."

Si-woo cooed happily and his tiny spinnerets danced happily the baby seamed quite content.
"I completely understand Mr Wainwright, well for my kind at least silver is not an issue, or any other metal for that matter, I guess recreating the work of several Celestines working together is not that easy for a single spirit, even when that spirit is the daughter of one fo the Triat themselves."
The Kumo said then she nodded.
"I have what I need, so I can take Si-woo and leave, I have a contact who might be able to get us discretely out of the states."

Nicole made to slash the contracting tendril with her utility knife, a tiny part of her wondering whether whatever 'enchantments' was done to it earlier would have an effect...

The knife's enchantment seamed to be fairly effective and you hurt the tendril you cut, another tendril shot towards you to take it's place though and it tried to wrap itself around your wrist as Amadeus rushed in to try to help Crexia and get her loose.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:16 pm

[Labyrinth entrance 3 00]

Perhaps if someone can do some telepathy we can contact the shapechanger...not that I have the power to do that."
Amber Rose replied

He shook his head, "Nor I."

"I guess for now we just protect ehm..Mr Darehill...was it?"
She asked.
"Until he is done with his rote, but do you really think the Chronomancer will try to go for us again?"
She asked and Mr Amelie nodded.
"As this man seamed to be rather set on our destruction it is likely he will try again if he is given opportunity Madam."
The vampire said.
"Let us hope that Mr Darehill can find the Chronomancer then Sir."
Anna chimed in.

"For now, we gather all the ways to erase the edge he has given himself, and level our playing field. This is now an area that we can maintain some control of."

Two lesser manifestations of Outsider Things are descending on one of the Traditionalist teams."
Amber Rose frowned.
"What the hell are Outsider Things?"
She asked.
"Things that should not be and feel like it to."
Anna said with a sigh.
"And tough as hell to banish even when they are just lesser manifestations."

"I hate those spirits," he scowled. "Hrm, it should not be as bad as our first encounter when they got us off guard, but they're not easy to deal with, no. Imagine the Worlds have a sort of skin, that was made to protect it, but is sort of made of the limits of reality itself, beyond the deepest or farthest reaches or parts of the umbra...such is not meant to be breached. These outsider things come from places we are not meant to look or see, where they are banished or live naturally. They're like...the things Lovecraft wrote about, various cosmic horrors that should not be, or be here. Their presence in the Tellurian is anathema. Is there something we might be able to do to distract them or lessen their innate effect?"

// dragging ourselves closer to the finish line over here

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:54 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]
Anja wrote:"I don't know, a Wyrm aligned one, possibly one connected to the Meajin Incarna known as Lord Steel the Duke of Hate...forgive me I would tell you if I knew but they just did not confide in me on this matter."
Colin nodded, "I see... I do believe that Meajin Incarna has something of a grudge towards me, so best not get more of his attention than necessary."

Anja wrote:"Yes if you feel along his abdomen you will find little slits, that are his book lungs."
The werspider replied.
"He can not support all of his system with his human lungs."
He nodded thoughtfully, trying to make out the approximate shapes through the child's body, "Nature's a weird, wonderful thing... Multiple sets of lungs, with separate ducts, it's a practical solution."

Anja wrote:Si-woo cooed happily and his tiny spinnerets danced happily the baby seamed quite content.
"I completely understand Mr Wainwright, well for my kind at least silver is not an issue, or any other metal for that matter, I guess recreating the work of several Celestines working together is not that easy for a single spirit, even when that spirit is the daughter of one fo the Triat themselves."
The Kumo said then she nodded.
"I have what I need, so I can take Si-woo and leave, I have a contact who might be able to get us discretely out of the states."
He nodded, then paused, "That would be the... Weaver, then - the incarnation of Order, or Stasis? Hum..."
He nodded toward the corridor, "Very well, then, let us go, same way as we arrived..."

Leading the group back to the eyeball, the gently patted the wall next to it, "Alright, my friend, all five of us are going back to see Tali now..."

((OOC: In a little under three hours, I'll be going outside with a good cigar to wait for midnight and listen for boss music. Just in case.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:23 pm

[Spider's Web, 3.00]

Colin nodded, "I see... I do believe that Meajin Incarna has something of a grudge towards me, so best not get more of his attention than necessary."

"You have pissed of a Meajin Incarna? I do not envy you, still that is rather impressive."
The Ananasi said sounding like she was indeed impressed.

He nodded thoughtfully, trying to make out the approximate shapes through the child's body, "Nature's a weird, wonderful thing... Multiple sets of lungs, with separate ducts, it's a practical solution."

Si-woo giggled as you searched for the slits to his book lungs clearly you where tickling him. Finally you found them, two slits on either side on the underside of his abdomen near where it met the cephalothorax.
"It have it's advantages yes."
The Kumo agreed.

He nodded, then paused, "That would be the... Weaver, then - the incarnation of Order, or Stasis? Hum..."

"Yes the Weaver created Ananasa, some say to be her heir, some say just to create, but she made her just like she made her champion Incarna."
The shapeshifter confirmed.

He nodded toward the corridor, "Very well, then, let us go, same way as we arrived..."

The Kumo nodded and held out her arms, throwing her bag over one shoulder.
"I should probably take Si-woo then."

Leading the group back to the eyeball, the gently patted the wall next to it, "Alright, my friend, all five of us are going back to see Tali now..."

You lead the group back to the eyeball, as you asked to be teleported you where, and again you got the feeling of being dragged through rotting meet but then you where in the hallway right outside the marble entry hall again. Si-woo screamed his human lungs out in protest and the Komu did her best to calm her son, mumbling to him in Korean while gently rocking him in her arms and stroking her hair.

He shook his head, "Nor I."

"If we contact Lady Crexia she probably can do that."
Amber Rose suggested.
"Contact Gabby I mean."

"For now, we gather all the ways to erase the edge he has given himself, and level our playing field. This is now an area that we can maintain some control of."

"And here in my domain I can help if you wish to protect your family."
The marble spirit who had been quiet up until now finally chimed in. The others nodded at that.
"So what do we do now, how can we fortify our position?"
Jon asked.

"I hate those spirits," he scowled. "Hrm, it should not be as bad as our first encounter when they got us off guard, but they're not easy to deal with, no. Imagine the Worlds have a sort of skin, that was made to protect it, but is sort of made of the limits of reality itself, beyond the deepest or farthest reaches or parts of the umbra...such is not meant to be breached. These outsider things come from places we are not meant to look or see, where they are banished or live naturally. They're like...the things Lovecraft wrote about, various cosmic horrors that should not be, or be here. Their presence in the Tellurian is anathema. Is there something we might be able to do to distract them or lessen their innate effect?"

"So now we have Lovcraftian horrors descending on us..."
Amber Rose said. No one had time to answer your question though for you heard Jon speak up.
"Ehm...incoming, three mages and two shapechangers out in the hallway."
The Virtual Adept informed you. And then there was a sound, a strange, almost metallic baby's cry, a clearly upset infant bawling, and from the sound of ti said infant was not entirely human.
"It is Mr Wainwright...and he have arrived with the Komu and...her offspring."
Tali said.
"I do not think there is danger the Komu is in human form and do not seam to be hostile."

(OOC: Yeah I am heading out around midnight as well to watch the fireworks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next