Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

5 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:25 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:"Yes I certinly agree with that."
Tali said with a nod then she smiled sadly.
"If there had been more time Mr Wainwright perhaps you and I would have also been friends."
Colin smiled sadly, "Perhaps... Alas, I am quite legally prohibited from befriending the Fallen; I daresay I would not have been permitted to do so. That's not going to stop me from remembering you fondly, all the same."

Anja wrote:There was a plause then you heard a voice that said.
"Yes you who protect many of what I can not touch inside, how may I aid you?"
He smiled, "The creature within whom you reside, this living Labyrinth, is in mourning after his closest friend died. Her death was... unavoidable, but regrettable. I understand you are part of a holy place, a temple far away as mortals understand the Now and Here. Is it within your power to offer my large friend some comfort and consolation in his grief?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'What, at 1800 a month? That's over half my paycheque, and I'm on a decent wage.' the Etherite replied, giving a little snort - which wasn't a great idea to do while inhaling, causing her to choke for a moment.

'Can you afford that?' she asked, after recovering from her coughing fit.

Anja's Post:

'Of course. Just that it seems this place is... well, under-utilised, like.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a shrug to this, filling the coffee pot with water and then handing it over.

[The fact the Labyrinth *understands* death (as in, a non-returnable state, not merely 'missing someone' like say a dog) is slightly worrying. It means it has a level of intelligence which is capable of abstract thought, which puts it in a category of only humans and a few other animals, like elephants, apes and a few corvids. Even most low-level spirits in WoD aren't capable of this (I think).]

[That makes me wonder; how much rent is the Chantry? Nicole cited 1800 as the general 'market rate' for the Chantry apartments (well, according to Zoopla). Which is *all* of a one-dot income...]

[I know that Bruce is one the more muscular end of things, but is he more the 'I work out lots' type or just the 'I have an active life' type?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:37 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]

Colin smiled sadly, "Perhaps... Alas, I am quite legally prohibited from befriending the Fallen; I daresay I would not have been permitted to do so. That's not going to stop me from remembering you fondly, all the same."

"Yes well we are on oposite sides of a war...I do like that I will be remembered though."
Tali said with a sad smile.

He smiled, "The creature within whom you reside, this living Labyrinth, is in mourning after his closest friend died. Her death was... unavoidable, but regrettable. I understand you are part of a holy place, a temple far away as mortals understand the Now and Here. Is it within your power to offer my large friend some comfort and consolation in his grief?"

"I am a protector."
The spirit said, then after a moment it added.
"I do not know how to offer comfort, in the tample that was me the closeness to the goddess gave comfort to the grieving and protection to those that was going out in war, I am here, I am but I do not know how to offer comfort other than being a temple."
The Umbrood explained.

[Villa, 4.45]

What, at 1800 a month? That's over half my paycheque, and I'm on a decent wage.' the Etherite replied, giving a little snort - which wasn't a great idea to do while inhaling, causing her to choke for a moment.

'Can you afford that?' she asked, after recovering from her coughing fit.

"Steelhaven is fairly cheap, very cheap actually compared to other apartments in Boston, and yes I can afford to pay my rent."
Bruce said as he filled a glass of water and handed it to Nicole.
"Here...I make ends meet taking custom orders for parts pepole want made, replicas, decorations, armor, anything relaly."

'Of course. Just that it seems this place is... well, under-utilised, like.'

"That I can certinly agree with."
The Orphan said.
"But it is not my problem, if you want to see if you cna get someone living her full time though go ahead, perhaps you can get the Deacons to agree."

Nicole gave a shrug to this, filling the coffee pot with water and then handing it over.

Bruce nodded and put it on the stove as well.
"Thank you."
He muttered as he busied himself with the cooking.

(OOC: I would say that many animals can understand death. I have seen animals grieve dead companions and behave completley differently from when the companion is just not there.)
(OOC 2: I have not studied the rest prices in Boston, but Steelhaven have a fair rent for the area it is in, which is a area of fairly low rent apartments.)
(OOC 3: Bruce do a fair bit of black smith work and general metal work he is pretty musceled in addition to being huge.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:09 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:"Yes well we are on oposite sides of a war...I do like that I will be remembered though."
Tali said with a sad smile.
Colin smiled, "A candle for your passing... I can do that much."

Anja wrote:"I am a protector."
The spirit said, then after a moment it added.
"I do not know how to offer comfort, in the tample that was me the closeness to the goddess gave comfort to the grieving and protection to those that was going out in war, I am here, I am but I do not know how to offer comfort other than being a temple."
The Umbrood explained.
Colin nodded, "Often, it is not necessary to do anything, save to be there, so the mourner does not feel alone... For a dram of Quintessence, will you take physical form and keep the Labyrinth company until I return? Oh... and if the absconded Security Chief should return, I will pay you another dram to find me and let me know at once."

((OOC: Animals definitely understand death. Afterlife, perhaps not, but most certainly death; heck, corvids even gather to conduct murder investigations when one of their number dies... Razz ))

((OOC2: I believe rent at Steelhaven would be closer to $1350 monthly in 2015. Boston saw a drastic average rent increase in late 2015/early 2016, but this seems to be mostly from a buttload of new high-price apartment complexes with rent in the $2K-$4K range, from what I can find. Plus, whatever the actual cash price of rent, Resources 1 covers the apartment, maybe a cheap car, and a (very) modest level of comfort. The dots aren't a fixed value, they follow inflation and COL-adjustments.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:35 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'No, can you afford the 1800 a month market-rate.' she replied, filling the kettle and putting it on the hob.

Anja's Post:

'Yet you never do any auto bodywork.' she replied sadly, though giving a little smirk. 'Surprised you never branched out doing like, blades, actually...'

Anja's Post:

'Meh... what do I gain from doing all that work? Pass.' she replied, now investigating the coffee, seeing if it needed grinding or anything.

[I'm not so sure. It's hard to work out whether the 'grief' is mere 'v sad companion not there' or genuine 'I know I won't see them ever again'. As for corvids... well, they're smart bastards.]

[Went to 'OOC Discussion' for housing issue]

[So Bruce is one of the few folks Nick had to look up at, then?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:19 am

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:[Airport 4 45]
"I am afraid I don't know all the details Morrigan."
The older Akashic said then he was silent for a moment as the waitress delivered his breakfast then he added.
"I heard that a undead fae had attacked one of Steelhaven's members."
Morrigan almost choked on her oatmeal. "What?" she sputtered, "An undead Fae? I've never ever heard of such a thing. How could that... I mean what is even..."

She leaned back in her chair.

"I gotta see this Chantry. Can we go? Or do I need, like, an orientation or a training program or some OSHA or something?"
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:15 am

[Airport Early Morning]

Morrigan almost choked on her oatmeal. "What?" she sputtered, "An undead Fae? I've never ever heard of such a thing. How could that... I mean what is even..."

She leaned back in her chair.

"I gotta see this Chantry. Can we go? Or do I need, like, an orientation or a training program or some OSHA or something?"

"I am not sure myself actually, but I believe we are talking about a fae ghost."
Michael said with a slight chuckle at Morrigan's reaction.
"We can go but be aware the Chantry have been fighting the Nephandi so everyone might be a bit tired, I am sure Lady Mara will be happy to see you though, however before we go let us finish our meal it is not good to be wasteful."
The Akashic said and he finished his meal quickly and then waited for the younger Akashic to do the same.
"I have a car, I can take you to Steelhaven before I go to the hospital to start my shift."
He offered.

[Labyrinth 5 00]

Colin smiled, "A candle for your passing... I can do that much."

"I...appriciate that."
Tali said nervously then she offered Colin a sad, nervous smile.
"I guess this is goodbye then Mr Wainwright..."

Colin nodded, "Often, it is not necessary to do anything, save to be there, so the mourner does not feel alone... For a dram of Quintessence, will you take physical form and keep the Labyrinth company until I return? Oh... and if the absconded Security Chief should return, I will pay you another dram to find me and let me know at once."

"Manifesting physically is hard I can stay manifested for a some part of the Now with one dram of Quintessence but whatever or nto you are here in that now I do not know."
The spirit replied.
"Yes I can find you if the Security Chief return to the Labyrinth, if I can find you."

[Villa, 4.45]

No, can you afford the 1800 a month market-rate.' she replied, filling the kettle and putting it on the hob.

"It would be a strain on my resources."
Bruce replied.
"But what are you getting at? What do that have to do with the villa?"

Yet you never do any auto bodywork.' she replied sadly, though giving a little smirk. 'Surprised you never branched out doing like, blades, actually...'

"I am not a mechanic but I have made metal decorations and such to cars. As for blades I do make those but I do not think I get them good enough yet to sell them, there is a diference between what I make for my own satisfaction and what I feel comfortable charging money for."
The Orphan said as he flipped the eggs.

Meh... what do I gain from doing all that work? Pass.' she replied, now investigating the coffee, seeing if it needed grinding or anything.

The coffee did need grinding and there was a electric coffee grinder on the kitchen bench.
"Fair enough, for me it is the same, sure I agree the villa are under utilized but it is not really my problem."
Bruce said with a shrug then he stirred the beans.

(OOC: He might be indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:04 am

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'Is a choice where the other option is not really viable to many folks a real choice?' she replied.

Anja's Post:

'It's an idea, like. Most blades for sale these days are for the mall ninja crowd. Even them officer's swords are mainly not much more than shiny scrap metal.' now retrieving the grinder.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:08 am

[Villa, 4.45]

'Is a choice where the other option is not really viable to many folks a real choice?' she replied.

"Well living at the villa can not just be offered to anyone who can not afford a apperment in the middle of the city, they would have to be mages and willing to do the job of guarding the Node so finding takers might not be as easy as you think even if rent in Boston can get high."
Bruce replied.

'It's an idea, like. Most blades for sale these days are for the mall ninja crowd. Even them officer's swords are mainly not much more than shiny scrap metal.' now retrieving the grinder.

"Yeah well the blades I make are for fighting with, or you know for other practical things like arts and crafts, chopping down greenery and the like, but they generally are not pretty enough to be sold, I might see if Colin would be up for working with me on that prettying up some hilts and such. So far the only blades I have sold are some garden tools, I made new blades for one of those old lawn mowers, you know the ones you push, we have one here at the villa, a customer remembered her grandfather using one of those when she was a kid and she wanted it put back into working order, other than that I only make knives and swords for myself. I have had orders for armor for TV shows and such though, it is armor I am really good at."
The Orphan said then he smiled.
"But if you want a blade Nick I can make one for you if you want."
He offered as he continued to work on the food.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:"I...appriciate that."
Tali said nervously then she offered Colin a sad, nervous smile.
"I guess this is goodbye then Mr Wainwright..."
Colin nodded, "I suppose it is... Safe travel, wherever you go... and thank you; I will tend to Toby at the best of my ability."

Anja wrote:"Manifesting physically is hard I can stay manifested for a some part of the Now with one dram of Quintessence but whatever or nto you are here in that now I do not know."
The spirit replied.
"Yes I can find you if the Security Chief return to the Labyrinth, if I can find you."
He nodded, "Two drams to keep the Labyrinth company for as long as that will allow, then, and another dram paid should the old Security Chief return."
He held up two drams from the ring, "We have a bargain, O Noble Cornerstone?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]

Colin nodded, "I suppose it is... Safe travel, wherever you go... and thank you; I will tend to Toby at the best of my ability."

"Out in the deep I hope, to become one with the Umbra itself."
Tali said with a nervous smile.
"Thank you, he is a good boy, well then farevell Mr Wainwright."
The Keeper muttered and she held out her thin hand with the strange eyeballs in them towards you to shake yours.

He nodded, "Two drams to keep the Labyrinth company for as long as that will allow, then, and another dram paid should the old Security Chief return."
He held up two drams from the ring, "We have a bargain, O Noble Cornerstone?"

"We do have a bargain, I comfort and protect, that is what I am."
The Umbrood said.
"And perhaps this place can be a better place so I can again be a corner stone of a good place, a place my mistress will think well of."
It said hopefully.
"In another now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:26 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:"Out in the deep I hope, to become one with the Umbra itself."
Tali said with a nervous smile.
"Thank you, he is a good boy, well then farevell Mr Wainwright."
The Keeper muttered and she held out her thin hand with the strange eyeballs in them towards you to shake yours.
Colin nodded and shook her hand, careful not to poke a finger in an eye.

Anja wrote:"We do have a bargain, I comfort and protect, that is what I am."
The Umbrood said.
"And perhaps this place can be a better place so I can again be a corner stone of a good place, a place my mistress will think well of."
It said hopefully.
"In another now."
He smiled, "This place is alive, feeling and playful; without those with corrupted That Which You Cannot Touch Inside here to try to turn this creature toward their own whims, he can indeed grow to be a better place, a happier place. Then take this Quintessence in this Now, and we shall meet in another Now, what incarnate beings would call a better day."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:39 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'I didn't mean that; just that the whole 'false choice' thing bugs me. Like when folks say "well you can always quit your job!" ignoring the fact the other option is eviction, starvation and perhaps death.' giving a little sigh, perhaps too drained to even be really angry at it.

Anja's Post:

'We had one of them as a kid. It was fucking useless, mainly 'cos our lawn was lumpy and full of catchweed and buried crap.' she recollected, grinding up the coffee.

Anja's Post:

'I'm okay for blades right now, though I do have a couple of ideas to run past you laters...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:48 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]

Colin nodded and shook her hand, careful not to poke a finger in an eye.

Tali shook your hand, she looked lost and scared but she managed to smile, then she let Fran lead her towards another part of the room to do the deed.

e smiled, "This place is alive, feeling and playful; without those with corrupted That Which You Cannot Touch Inside here to try to turn this creature toward their own whims, he can indeed grow to be a better place, a happier place. Then take this Quintessence in this Now, and we shall meet in another Now, what incarnate beings would call a better day."

The spirit accepted the Tass and it vanished from your hand then the spirit manifested, the form of a handsome green man wearing priestly robes and a sword with a well trimmed beard appeared only he was made completely out of marble and yet he moved and talked.
"I have manifested in this now."
The spirit anounced.

[Villa, 4.45]

I didn't mean that; just that the whole 'false choice' thing bugs me. Like when folks say "well you can always quit your job!" ignoring the fact the other option is eviction, starvation and perhaps death.' giving a little sigh, perhaps too drained to even be really angry at it.

"I fail to see what that have to do with the villa as what we was talking about was whatever or not someone should live full time here rather than guarding the place in shifts."
Bruce said raising and eyebrow.

We had one of them as a kid. It was fucking useless, mainly 'cos our lawn was lumpy and full of catchweed and buried crap.' she recollected, grinding up the coffee.

"Yeah the ones that have an engine are far superior and easier, but I think this customer of mine wanted to recreate the sound and you know feel of hearing her grandfather mow the lawn with the the thing she had me repair, which is fair enough."
The Orphan said.
"And perhaps she only had a little garden patch or something, then it would be enough."

I'm okay for blades right now, though I do have a couple of ideas to run past you laters...'

"Sounds good, you know where to find me."
Bruce said as he stirred the beams again and then went to get plates.
"By the way how are the kids from the junkyard going? You had taken a few of them under your wing had you not? I see them at times when I am out there working."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:00 pm

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:The spirit accepted the Tass and it vanished from your hand then the spirit manifested, the form of a handsome green man wearing priestly robes and a sword with a well trimmed beard appeared only he was made completely out of marble and yet he moved and talked.
"I have manifested in this now."
The spirit anounced.
Colin nodded, "Indeed you have, and it is a noble form, suited to a being of your noble role. Now, I must tend to a final service, and then I shall depart with my companions. I shall return in another Now, after some rest, for it is an incarnate need I am sure you have witnessed many times."

He bowed slightly, then took a step back before turning and walking over to Tali, bending down to gently pick her up and carry her over to the nearest maw, gently placing her by the edge of it, "She wanted to be left with you, Toby, to become part of you forever... I'll be back soon, to begin tidy up the stuff the bad people left behind. And I'll have more friends with me, so no eating the people I bring along, alright?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Morrigan Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:[Airport Early Morning]

"I am not sure myself actually, but I believe we are talking about a fae ghost."
Michael said with a slight chuckle at Morrigan's reaction.
"We can go but be aware the Chantry have been fighting the Nephandi so everyone might be a bit tired, I am sure Lady Mara will be happy to see you though, however before we go let us finish our meal it is not good to be wasteful."
The Akashic said and he finished his meal quickly and then waited for the younger Akashic to do the same.
"I have a car, I can take you to Steelhaven before I go to the hospital to start my shift."
He offered.
"A ghost? That's potentially even more interesting!"

She polished off the oatmeal, downed the last bit of tea, stood up. She took a moment, stilled her restless body and her face grew serious. She bowed (just a little, this was a token of respect, not theatre).

"Thank you, Sifu. I appreciate the efforts you have gone to by my behalf here today. I promise I will make sound use of your wisdom."

And then her smile returned, she reached down and grabbed her bag. "Alright. Let's roll!"
Morrigan
Morrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:49 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

Anja wrote:"Very well then Sir I will speak freely."
Stephen said with a nod.
"Well my Mentor have allot of good ideas I think but yes there is a limit to where debate is sensible, one can debate what the best fruit is but if one can not even agree what a fruit is then it become a excersise in frustration."
The young mage said with a wry smile.

"That's why I always try to avoid debates. Yet they always seem to keep happening around me." Serge said with a sigh. "I like your mentor. She uses my favorite element. Ice is the best." he added offhandedly.

Anja wrote:"Well a pocket realm that is just yours that you cna change on a whipm is not a bad idea and dreams are always great to play in if you can manipulate them but the basic reality where everyone lives should probably have some rhyme and reason."
Kyle said.
"I mean we do not all want to go Marauder."

"Yeah Maurauders are crazy. Never seen one in action but I have heard plenty of stories. Some of the things they do is wild."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 pm

[Steelhaven 4 30]

"That's why I always try to avoid debates. Yet they always seem to keep happening around me." Serge said with a sigh. "I like your mentor. She uses my favorite element. Ice is the best." he added offhandedly.

Stephen beamed when you said you liked his Mentor.
"Yeah she is pretty cool."
The locigal, even tempered boy said with uncharecteristic degress of entusiasm.
"Well yes dabetes happen but you do not need to egage with them you know Sir."

"Yeah Maurauders are crazy. Never seen one in action but I have heard plenty of stories. Some of the things they do is wild."

"I have seen a Marauder, but only sedated in a cell."
Stephen said and Kyle nodded.
"I have seen a pair of them be moved out of the Chantry to be taken far into the Umbra to be let go there."
He commented.
"They are umpredictable and terrifying though."

[Airport Early Morning]

A ghost? That's potentially even more interesting!"

"And also quite dangerous."
The older Akashic cautioned.

She polished off the oatmeal, downed the last bit of tea, stood up. She took a moment, stilled her restless body and her face grew serious. She bowed (just a little, this was a token of respect, not theatre).

"Thank you, Sifu. I appreciate the efforts you have gone to by my behalf here today. I promise I will make sound use of your wisdom."

And then her smile returned, she reached down and grabbed her bag. "Alright. Let's roll!"

"It was my provilige to be allowed to aid you young one."
Michael said before he went to pay for the breakfasts, he tipped the waitress then nodded.
"Yes if you follow me then I will lead you to my car...ehm do not be alarmed if you see any spirits please there are several around Logan, including stress eaters and some huge daddy long legs that have been seen of late, both are harmless but can look creepy."
The doctor said as he headed towards the airport parking look.
"Have you got all your luggage?"

[Labyrinth 5 00]

Colin nodded, "Indeed you have, and it is a noble form, suited to a being of your noble role. Now, I must tend to a final service, and then I shall depart with my companions. I shall return in another Now, after some rest, for it is an incarnate need I am sure you have witnessed many times."

"I will comfort and aid this house of flesh until the now when I can no longer maintain my physical form. I can understand rest, I do nto sleep like incarnate beings, but if I am in a way that is not natural to me for to long I have to return to what is natural or consume Quintessence at a point in the now."
The spirit informed you.

He bowed slightly, then took a step back before turning and walking over to Tali, bending down to gently pick her up and carry her over to the nearest maw, gently placing her by the edge of it, "She wanted to be left with you, Toby, to become part of you forever... I'll be back soon, to begin tidy up the stuff the bad people left behind. And I'll have more friends with me, so no eating the people I bring along, alright?"

Toby stopped his mournful song, at least with that one maw, one of his long tounges emerged to gently flick over Tali several time then he dragged her into the mouth, but he did not chew her, he swallowed his Keeper whole, then the mournful song started again. You did not know if the creature understood you, he just seamed so very sad.

(OOC: Sorry for my late rpely, D&D today, our party's two pet giant cave spiders was kidnapped by some drow, which is like if ancient Egyptians come and steal your cat, but we got the spiders back, murdered the priestss in charge of the outpost and kidnapped her wizard consort, her brother and one of her officers and fed her body to the cave spiders so well don't kidnap pets are the moral of the story I guess.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:55 am

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:Toby stopped his mournful song, at least with that one maw, one of his long tounges emerged to gently flick over Tali several time then he dragged her into the mouth, but he did not chew her, he swallowed his Keeper whole, then the mournful song started again. You did not know if the creature understood you, he just seamed so very sad.
He knelt there for a little while, then rose and turned away to join the others. He picked up Rust's staff and stood there, waiting for the departure, speaking on a gravelly voice, "That... was perhaps necessary, and as we agreed on... but no-one is going to convince me it was righteous. We should leave Toby to his grief for now, he'll have company for a while, at least... and return freshly rested to start sorting out private rooms and wards throughout the structure. There'll be enough work yet..."

((OOC: What a night... Schnookums and I get to bed, and what happens? The bed collapses under our butts. So we have to dismantle the goddamn frame and set it aside, and rescue the boxes and stuff we'd stored under the bed. Oh, well, at least we didn't have an unlucky Traditionalist hiding under the bed...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:43 am

[Labyrinth 5 00]

He knelt there for a little while, then rose and turned away to join the others. He picked up Rust's staff and stood there, waiting for the departure, speaking on a gravelly voice, "That... was perhaps necessary, and as we agreed on... but no-one is going to convince me it was righteous. We should leave Toby to his grief for now, he'll have company for a while, at least... and return freshly rested to start sorting out private rooms and wards throughout the structure. There'll be enough work yet..."

"No, it was not righeous."
Jeffry agreed with a sigh.
"But the woman was Fallen so the alternative would have been to take her to Horizon to be...well you know and that would have been worse, there was no scenario where we could have left Tali alive, and at least her death was quick and painless."
He continued and he looked at Fran who looked stiffly and sadly at the floor.
"She did not suffer."
The Euthanathos muttered then your group was teleported away, there was a dizzying feeling and then you stood in the villa.

[Villa 5]

You and the Masters and Miss Mandis stood on the living room floor, you heard cars starting up outside as some was already dricing away and there was a bustole of activity to part into groups and get ready to lave. You smell coffee and eggs and beans from the kitchen.
"It is time to go home."
Fran said sadly with a sigh.
"I feel like i could sleep for a week."

(OOC: Oh my well that sucks when all you want to do is go to bed. Also are you sure there was no Traditionalists under there? Invisibility is a thing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:06 am

[Labyrinth 5 00]
Anja wrote:"No, it was not righeous."
Jeffry agreed with a sigh.
"But the woman was Fallen so the alternative would have been to take her to Horizon to be...well you know and that would have been worse, there was no scenario where we could have left Tali alive, and at least her death was quick and painless."
He continued and he looked at Fran who looked stiffly and sadly at the floor.
"She did not suffer."
The Euthanathos muttered then your group was teleported away, there was a dizzying feeling and then you stood in the villa.
Colin nodded, "I know... our hands were tied, and we made the best out of the situation, but our laws can be... barbaric at times."

[Villa 5]
Anja wrote:You and the Masters and Miss Mandis stood on the living room floor, you heard cars starting up outside as some was already dricing away and there was a bustole of activity to part into groups and get ready to lave. You smell coffee and eggs and beans from the kitchen.
"It is time to go home."
Fran said sadly with a sigh.
"I feel like i could sleep for a week."
He steadied himself on the staff, "There is... one last thing I have to do, I think... I should do this outside, to avoid upsetting people too much... Oh, and I suppose I need to bring the troll with me personally, since it is now my, er, surreal estate. I'll let you finish up around it first... I'll be right back."
He started stalking to the door, leaning a bit on Rust's staff, jingling as he went, headed for a suitably secluded spot under an apple tree to call quietly for Old Man Wrinkle.

((OOC: Invisibility may be a thing, but so is flatness. And a long, broken aluminium rail. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:43 am

[Labyrinth 5 00]

Colin nodded, "I know... our hands were tied, and we made the best out of the situation, but our laws can be... barbaric at times."

"Well Tali was a Nephanda, we can not let Nephandi go free but I agree the woman...perhaps deserved better than this."
Jeffry said with a sigh.

[Villa 5]

He steadied himself on the staff, "There is... one last thing I have to do, I think... I should do this outside, to avoid upsetting people too much... Oh, and I suppose I need to bring the troll with me personally, since it is now my, er, surreal estate. I'll let you finish up around it first... I'll be right back."

"Yes you should keep the troll doll."
Jeffry said.
"I will drive the other Masters back to Steelhaven."
He contiued. Master davenport glanced over to the newly arrived group.
"Miss Bouchard says she is waiting for you and Miss Mandis Mr Wainwright at least that is what I heard from the kitchen."

He started stalking to the door, leaning a bit on Rust's staff, jingling as he went, headed for a suitably secluded spot under an apple tree to call quietly for Old Man Wrinkle.

You got a few concerned looks as you leaned on the staff and walked out into the garden, there was soft chatter and speculations. You got out into the garden and called for Old Man Wrinkle, soon you felt his powerful, Static pressence.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
The Paradox Spirit said politely.
"Well good morning now I suppose."
He said and he looked towards the bluing skies.

Everyone in the villa felt the powerful, Static pressence and several of the mages looked at one another nervously Bruce shuddered in the kitchen.
"Something is outside."
He muttered to Nicole.
"Something powerful."

(OOC: Well if by fantasy logic a 300 kilos cat can sit on a 40 kilos elf with no damage surely a bed and a few humans cat sit on a Traditonalist withotu flattening them. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:33 am

[Villa 5]
Anja wrote:"Yes you should keep the troll doll."
Jeffry said.
"I will drive the other Masters back to Steelhaven."
He contiued. Master davenport glanced over to the newly arrived group.
"Miss Bouchard says she is waiting for you and Miss Mandis Mr Wainwright at least that is what I heard from the kitchen."
Colin nodded, "I'll be right with her, then, just have to finish my part of something."

Anja wrote:You got a few concerned looks as you leaned on the staff and walked out into the garden, there was soft chatter and speculations. You got out into the garden and called for Old Man Wrinkle, soon you felt his powerful, Static pressence.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
The Paradox Spirit said politely.
"Well good morning now I suppose."
He said and he looked towards the bluing skies.
He bowed politely, "Good morning, Sir... My apologies for not putting the kettle on, but it has been an unusually long night, as i am sure you understand. However... the Chronomancer who went by the name Rust is dead. He... provoked me in a manner most unwise. Or perhaps he was weary of life, and wanted to make it look good for his dark patrons? I guess I shall never know. At any rate... I suspect his staff holds the key - literally and figuratively - to a great many of his worst offenses to the Timeline. I could hold on to it and see what I might set right on my own, but..."
He held up the staff toward Wrinkle, "I expect you'll prefer to do that yourself. Given time, I think I could probably unravel... or rather, re-ravel the damage Rust wrought, but it would mean a whole new set of ripples and disruptions in the timeline. Probably best to leave it in better hands."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 am

[Villa 5]

Colin nodded, "I'll be right with her, then, just have to finish my part of something."

Master Davenport nodded at that.

He bowed politely, "Good morning, Sir... My apologies for not putting the kettle on, but it has been an unusually long night, as i am sure you understand. However... the Chronomancer who went by the name Rust is dead. He... provoked me in a manner most unwise. Or perhaps he was weary of life, and wanted to make it look good for his dark patrons? I guess I shall never know. At any rate... I suspect his staff holds the key - literally and figuratively - to a great many of his worst offenses to the Timeline. I could hold on to it and see what I might set right on my own, but..."
He held up the staff toward Wrinkle, "I expect you'll prefer to do that yourself. Given time, I think I could probably unravel... or rather, re-ravel the damage Rust wrought, but it would mean a whole new set of ripples and disruptions in the timeline. Probably best to leave it in better hands."

"Ah it is nice of you to think of my love of tea and sweets Mr Wainwright but I fully understand, you have done a great service to me this day, putting and end to Rust, even if his distruptions are still present and simply making him having never existed would be...to distruptive."
The Paradox Spirit accepted the staff and swung it around for a spin, he was suprisingly nible for someone that looked that ancient, then he nodded and handed the staff back.
"I have what I need from this the locations and times of distruptions, you may keep the staff itself, it is fitting is it not for a mage who have learned his craft from fantasy literature to have a staff, a staff worthy of a Chronomancer, just be careful with how you use it. I have left a few gifts in some of the keys for you, for when you will need it."
The powerful entity said.
"Well then I should let you rest...I remember well...the pleasure of sinking down into a warm bed when tired."
He gave a chuckle and tipped his hat to you.
"Unless there was anything further then my good man?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:25 am

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'Meh, old-timey nostalgia.' giving a slightly derisive snort. 'Though I see that now and then. Usually, some old guy who's had that Olds[mobile] since Carter. More usually, they're the ones who give grief over the bill afters...'

Anja's Post:

'Suppose you could describe it as that...' she replied cryptically, Bruce not being one of the very few folks on the 'need to know' list regarding Kinfolk. 'They're useful types; I'm getting to know Boston much better, 'cos of them. Always good to know the layout of your battlefield. Thinking of training one or two to do auto parts salvage...' flicking some ash into the sink.

'Though I'm not sure Karin is ever gonna be the same after what shit they did to her...' face clouding over for a moment.

[What's worse with night-time critical bed failure? When it happens when you're drunk...]

[Shall we fork the 4.45 thread to have a 5.00 one where Nick and Bruce have already demolished their 'light snacks'?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next