Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 28 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:45 am

[Moral Issues on Horizon 2 months from now]

He gave Ellie a grin and a light pat on the head, "No, i think talking to you right now is exactly what I needed to do... Remind me again, who was Oda? Like you, or like me?"

Ellie flinched away when you tried to pat her head pulling nervously at her hair.
"No touchie...no touchie!"
She cried then she calmed down enough to mutter.
"Oda...is like you Sir she is Julianna's mother. Basically that is how Julianna, Mistress Lily's other girlfriend met Mistress Lily, she is a widderslainte and the Traditions was after her so Oda went to Lily for help. Oda is not Fallen through but Mistress Lily asks for her services at times, and she is really good with wards so she have warded all of Lilyandra's club and...basement."
The girl was silent for a moment looking down for a moment at the memory of the club pulling at her fingers.
"But I heard Oda was talked into betraying Lily and Lilyandra despite them keeper her daugther safe."

[Briefing, 2.00]

He shrugged, "Ellie is a young woman; pale and with brown, curly hair. I don't believe she is broken in a manner to keep her from using magic on command, just... conditioned to put her will to whatever her mistress asks. Not the sort of person you would want answering phones or taking messages, but rather someone well suited to doing specific tasks that don't involve dealing with other people..."
He paused, looking momentarily embarrassed, "Oh, right, I forgot to mention briefly speaking with her in two months' time, half an hour ago... er, I am fairly certain she didn't tell me anything outright mission critical that would affect our planning significantly. I will speak up if and when something comes up. So sorry."

"I can look for someone who is pale and with curly brown hair."
Jon said then he frowned.
"Chances are she do not spend allot of time in the club itself though you would not want a broken prisoner walking around where customers can see her after all."
The Virtual Adept commented.

He nodded, "She'll be heading toward Lilliandra's private chamber when we get her... I should recommend avoiding the shotgun solution; you'd break her neck. By the way, she said to tell you thank-you, Nicole. Or rather, the 'action figure-looking lady'."

Fran nodded at that.
"Hum...well then tranq gun with a strong sedative it is then I guess."
She said.
"And we try to get her before she can get to her Mistress."

He nodded, "Big Chris - Nicole, he's yours; I suspect he's a ghoul, he's resilient to whatever mental trickery Serge applies, at least - the other staff scarpers easily enough. Do you see someone who looks Japanese? Someone called Oda has some wards in place, but can be talked into dropping them."

"Not Japanese but I have found a mage...here."
Jon said and pointed at a pretty, plump woman with graying blond hair she looked to be around her late 40's.
"She is Oda Andersson from Sweeden, a Orphan I met her a few years ago at a Tribunal...I doubt she will remember me though."

He nodded, "By 'deal with', I meant negotiating with them, not necessarily banishing them by force. I can bargain with any sort of willing spirit, even if I don't have the brute strength to bend them to my will. I expect the Toreador, then, might be in the same proverbial boat... the ghosts there, though, will be an unpleasant sight..."

"We will deal with the spirits as kindly as we can but we will deal with them mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"As for the ghosts perhaps we can find some way to help them but I am not to hopeful."
Adjan decided to chime in at that.
"You know such ghosts if there is any would be rather angry...perhaps we can talk them into helping us against the one who hurt them."

He smiled wryly, "More like doing the taxes with pen, paper, and calculator instead of using a computer program or accounting service. It's a little more cumbersome, but it can be useful for avoiding someone else catching inconsistencies you'd rather avoid being known. Or in our case, Paradox. However, I am inclined to agree with Master Nassa here - him teleport the crucial individuals out, rather than us doing prisoner transportation, is going to be preferable to the risk of getting caught with a van full of bodies in varying states of warm."

"That is my point exactly Mr Wainwright, if I transport the prisoners out we can secure them here. I am not talking about teleporting the entire team out, unless there is an immediate need for it. Sometimes magick is simply the safest method, but yes one have to be aware of the cost in Paradox."
Amadeus replied.

He paused, "Might offer them a handmade copy of a personal book I have been gifted by Master Steelhaven; a unique volume from his own hand. If they don't actually ask about its nature, well, no need to volunteer that it's a cookbook... if that's not enough, though, I do have the Creation of the Mage's Child, with the appendices; a copy of a primary copy of just the main text would be a virtually priceless bargaining chip on its own. With the appendices... well..."

"They will ask what the book is about if they are not idiots, but the Creation of the Magus's Child...yes a copy of that might get the Seattle Chantry to give us pretty much whatever we ask for."
Jeffry said approvingly.

He shook his head, "I doubt the Prince would take much note - I do not believe he has a personal stake in that particular enterprise. Besides, there is blood money, and there is blood money; I would feel a lot less conflicted by putting the lot - minus a whitewashing fee - toward helping the surviving victims, and assorted charitable works, than I would by spending it on weapons..."

"You are right...of course you are right but the guns...all the guns."
Fran commented and Jeffry chuckle.
"We use the money to help Lilyandra's surviving victims, if there is anything left after we have done so we can consider what to do with it depending how safe it can be done but yes I would nto feel comfortable taking such blood money for the Chantry itself at least."

He nodded, "It would be the absolutely last resort, if all else fails... I do not believe it would be necessary."

Henrietta nodded at that.

Nicole nodded to this. 'Need a way to end the "entertainment" feed without the viewers being spooked, I think. Does the servers have any like, test cards on it?'

Jon nodded.
"It seams that yes they have test cards...what are you thinking Nicole?"
He asked looking up from his tablet for a moment.

A moment's silence before the Etherite answered. 'No, it won't make it untraceable. For that is impossible to achieve - like the "unbreakable" safe or "unpickable" lock. Given enough time, skill and resources anything can be achieved. The question should be; what's the chances of the Union investigating this, and if they do how much resources will be thrown into it?' a short pause before continuing.

'I don't know much about this kind of thing, like, but in this case I think we'll have the vampires looking more at this than Union.'

"Very well this is not my area of expertise Miss Bouchard so I will leave it to you to get me an estimate on the dangers when it come to the vampire's resources and what we can use it for, including if it is safe to use to help the victims of her buessiness or use it for bribes."
Jeffry said.
"And I will defer to your greater knowledge in this area."

'You think I'd object taking green from rich dead people?' Nicole replied, giving a little smirk. 'Just that if we're going to have to explain ourselves to this Prince-guy or whatever, heavy "fundraising" might not look good. But if that don't matter, I say take the lot. But some of it should go to the Chantry direct; that can do a lot of good for us - like, for example creating a "charity fund" which we can use as-when we come across situations where it can really help.'

Jeffry was not commenting and he did not like the idea of taking blood money but he looked like he was seriously considering this, after allt he Chantry had taken quite a few expenses lately and having a way to help others who had been hurt by the supernatural would be useful.

'Was thinking stomach, actually. Damn winding, it is.' she replied brightly, giving a little smile.

"That might work to distract her long enough for us to use other means to knock her out."
Fran said with a nod.

Also have to remember this will be her turf.' the Etherite cautioned.

"Indeed that is an important thing to keep in mind."
Jeffry chimed in.

'Will our radar app work inside the place or not? And would she show up on it?'

"It depends on the wards of the place if it works then she will show up on it, but as my app is technomackick wards might stop it."
Jon replied.

Ah, it's like for display. Folks see how big you are and back down.' she replied, calling up the feeds on the screen [and thus, the wall]. 'Okay, you've got him. Any others?' starting to try to work out the most commonly seen people between say 8AM and 3PM; judging these to be the ones most likely to be encountered during the raid and unlikely to be customers.

"I am working on a list now but as there is allot of regulars it will take a few moments."
The Virtual Adept said as he was tapping away.
"For display?"
He asked sounding a bit confused.

'Which is why using the vampires' funds might be the "third option", sir. Use it to pay for his medical treatment, p'haps a bit for one or two in Seattle itself to keep an eye on him for a bit. And as pointed out, there could be more like that there we don't know about.'

"That is an option if it can be done safely."
Jeffry agreed.

Not so much if it's paid for. And if the Union did notice, would they do anything about it? Might not care. Might have a bit of an actual heart and leave it be. After all, we would not actually be gaining anything from it.'

"Very well, then someone have to look into that option."
The Chief said and Jon nodded.
"Already on it Sir."
He commented still tapping away.

It's just the way I operate, like.' she said simply.

Amadeus raised and eyebrow at that.

'Hammer through marble? Doubt it. Which is why I ain't gonna hammer - I'm gonna drill. With a good drill, p'haps with extra clout. Torque more powerful than mere hitting.'

"Let me rephrase that then Miss Bouchard, can you drill your treated stake through a marble slab?"
Jefry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

Isn't the first rule of not dying to the Union not to mess with the Syndicate's money? Those guy's don't have a heart. They'll absolutely care if there money's being used inefficiently." Serge said sounding skeptical of the plan. "Using the vampire funds to pay for medical treatment sounds better. But we don't know what sorts of funds we'll even get. It's possible we may end up empty handed if we have to make a hasty retreat."

"We might end up with nothing yes...however if we get something it should be used to help the victims and I doubt the Syndicate care if funds is used for healing or for buying weapons as long as the cash keep flowing."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"For now we are just discussing oppertunities Mr Yager."

"Seems like a fun guy." Serge said looking at the man in the picture. "If you get a larger list of employee's who're currently there, that'd be a big help for me. It'll make mass sleeping them easier."

"Let me see a list of employees here we go, Tatiana Verjov, Marigold Lace, Mary Jones, Billy Hall, Jake Klyder, and Inga Lore are hired as servers. Marianne Till is the chef along with a Cole Till who also work in the kitchen. Ute Wagner is a bartender but I assume the servers also work behind the bar. There is a company called Clean Floors and Counters who are hired to handle cleaning the club they specialize in cleaning clubs and buessinesses. And then there is Big Chris, those are the ones oficcially employed, most of them are not likely to be int he club when we get there."
Jon replied.

"Really? What makes him special? Is he warded or something?" Serge asked as he looked at the picture of big Chris on the tablet. "Speaking of wards. Where exactly are these Oda wards? Are they around the nightclub or around the vampires hidey hole."

"Unfortunatly this Oda have not put up signs that say here be wards to make life simple for us."
Jon said wryly.
"And I suspect Big Chris might be a ghoul which is from what I have been told a human who drink vampire blood and get some special powers from it."

(OOC: Yes secondary abilities is no problem.)
(OOC 2: Sounds good about 2 15)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 28 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:53 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, 1.00]
Nicole wrote:A moment as she considered this. 'I wonder whether anyone ever like studied this situation. And alternatives to doing that.'
Colin shook his head, "No-one on our side. Hell, I don't even know if anyone not already deeply compromised on our side even knew of Keepers and Handlers in that capacity before two months ago... Hum, I don't believe there'll be an alternative to grafting a volunteer to the Labyrinth, though. Alternative methods for doing so, perhaps, but if we're going to retain direct control over him, someone will have to bond with him. The alternative is that when he grows up and becomes strong enough, he will depart and swim to the Deep Umbra on his own, and join his kind there. Either way, I will care for the big doof until then."

Anja wrote:Ellie flinched away when you tried to pat her head pulling nervously at her hair.
"No touchie...no touchie!"
She cried then she calmed down enough to mutter.
"Oda...is like you Sir she is Julianna's mother. Basically that is how Julianna, Mistress Lily's other girlfriend met Mistress Lily, she is a widderslainte and the Traditions was after her so Oda went to Lily for help. Oda is not Fallen through but Mistress Lily asks for her services at times, and she is really good with wards so she have warded all of Lilyandra's club and...basement."
The girl was silent for a moment looking down for a moment at the memory of the club pulling at her fingers.
"But I heard Oda was talked into betraying Lily and Lilyandra despite them keeper her daugther safe."
He retracted his hand as soon as Ellie started to flinch, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you..."
He fished out one of his business cards, handing it over to Ellie, "Thank you. You're headed out to get some tools; I am in the business of making custom ones in silver. Why don't you put some thought to a particular tool you would like? As the drug dealers say... the first one is free."
He gave her a wink, and nodded to the Mercere, "I'm sorry to have upset your ward, but I appreciate her stopping to have a word."

[Briefing, 2.15]
Anja wrote:"I can look for someone who is pale and with curly brown hair."
Jon said then he frowned.
"Chances are she do not spend allot of time in the club itself though you would not want a broken prisoner walking around where customers can see her after all."
The Virtual Adept commented.
Jeremy wrote:"I assume this was in one of your future vision? Kinda took your time sharing that. But whatever. That's good. That mean we do know what she looks like right." Serge said pulling out a pencil and sketchpad, "Care to share with the class what our Linear Mage looks like?"
Colin nodded, "About your size, perhaps; fairly lithe, pale, natural curls... scars pretty much everywhere save her face..."

Anja wrote:Fran nodded at that.
"Hum...well then tranq gun with a strong sedative it is then I guess."
She said.
"And we try to get her before she can get to her Mistress."
Nicole wrote:A soft laugh to this, continuing search camera feeds. 'Can't be me. Unless she had American Gladiator ones as a kid.'
He shrugged, "I don't know, you'd be perfect for the Masters of the Universe lineup, you know, metal arm and all."

Jeremy wrote:"Didn't you mention that you didn't learn anything mission critical in your meeting with her?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "Did she mention anything else about how this mission went down?"
He shrugged, "She caught that Nicole shot Big Chris, all the other staff left, and that we got Oda to surrender, and then Ellie lost consciousness..."

Jeremy wrote:"Really? What makes him special? Is he warded or something?" Serge asked as he looked at the picture of big Chris on the tablet. "Speaking of wards. Where exactly are these Oda wards? Are they around the nightclub or around the vampires hidey hole."
Anja wrote:"Unfortunatly this Oda have not put up signs that say here be wards to make life simple for us."
Jon said wryly.
"And I suspect Big Chris might be a ghoul which is from what I have been told a human who drink vampire blood and get some special powers from it."
Anja wrote:"Not Japanese but I have found a mage...here."
Jon said and pointed at a pretty, plump woman with graying blond hair she looked to be around her late 40's.
"She is Oda Andersson from Sweeden, a Orphan I met her a few years ago at a Tribunal...I doubt she will remember me though."
He frowned, "I believe he's had a bit of vampire blood in his diet, making him more resilient to a lot of things. Oda's wards cover the night club and basement, but we can talk her into lowering them... her daughter is Julianna, Lily's widderslainte lover... we can use that as leverage; detain her and promise to let her go with her daughter. Damn, why did that slip my mind until now?""

Nicole wrote:'These ain't the droids you're looking for?' Nicole quipped. 'And if we're caught, bodies will be the least of our worries.'
He shrugged, "We could be stopped in a routine check. Carrying prisoners would be... a bit harder to camouflage or explain away than some hardware..."

Nicole wrote:Nicole nodded to this. 'Need a way to end the "entertainment" feed without the viewers being spooked, I think. Does the servers have any like, test cards on it?'
Anja wrote:Jon nodded.
"It seams that yes they have test cards...what are you thinking Nicole?"
He asked looking up from his tablet for a moment.
He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, "Are you thinking of a loop?"

Anja wrote:"You are right...of course you are right but the guns...all the guns."
Fran commented and Jeffry chuckle.
"We use the money to help Lilyandra's surviving victims, if there is anything left after we have done so we can consider what to do with it depending how safe it can be done but yes I would nto feel comfortable taking such blood money for the Chantry itself at least."
Nicole wrote:'You think I'd object taking green from rich dead people?' Nicole replied, giving a little smirk. 'Just that if we're going to have to explain ourselves to this Prince-guy or whatever, heavy "fundraising" might not look good. But if that don't matter, I say take the lot. But some of it should go to the Chantry direct; that can do a lot of good for us - like, for example creating a "charity fund" which we can use as-when we come across situations where it can really help.'
Anja wrote:Jeffry was not commenting and he did not like the idea of taking blood money but he looked like he was seriously considering this, after allt he Chantry had taken quite a few expenses lately and having a way to help others who had been hurt by the supernatural would be useful.
He smiled wryly, "Let me put it this way - I would be hesitant to put the blood money from the basement operation toward convenience for us. The night club, on the other hand, is a legitimate operation that suddenly loses its owner; I would not have moral objections to... redistributing those funds. Might want to leave the cash registers alone, of course, but there's bound to be the bookkeeping in-house to gain us the bank accounts for the place."

Anja wrote:"They will ask what the book is about if they are not idiots, but the Creation of the Magus's Child...yes a copy of that might get the Seattle Chantry to give us pretty much whatever we ask for."
Jeffry said approvingly.
He smiled thinly, "Well, we could be lucky; any book that Master Steelhaven penned personally and referred to over the centuries would be quite valuable on its face... but, we'll have the option of that trade, if needs be."

((OOC: Out of curiosity, which secondary abilities did you have in mind? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:35 pm

He retracted his hand as soon as Ellie started to flinch, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you..."
He fished out one of his business cards, handing it over to Ellie, "Thank you. You're headed out to get some tools; I am in the business of making custom ones in silver. Why don't you put some thought to a particular tool you would like? As the drug dealers say... the first one is free."
He gave her a wink, and nodded to the Mercere, "I'm sorry to have upset your ward, but I appreciate her stopping to have a word."

Ellie stood nervously for a moment then she took your card and looked at it.
"Oh...I would love a want with silver tips, perfectly measured to my arm to bring in the Arcane connection."
She said eagerly.
"Right now we are looking for a blue, glass bowl for a ritual."
She said happily. The Mercere nodded.
"Not at all Mr Wainwright Ellie is...recovering but she still have some way to go, my House have offered to care for her until she get to the point where she can be given to a proper Mentor who can develop her abilities."
He said and he gave a little smile.
"You did nothing wrong and your gift to Ellie is most generous, her magic is the only thing she have left."
The Red Cap said as Horizon faded and you again stood in the hallway with a concerned Cecilia.
"Ehm...Mr Wainwright are you okey?"
The hedge wizard asked.

(OOC: I have to get a few things done i will rpely to the briefing thread later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:32 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

He shrugged, "She caught that Nicole shot Big Chris, all the other staff left, and that we got Oda to surrender, and then Ellie lost consciousness..."

"What more do we know about this Oda?"
Jeffry asked.
"I don't know much about her Oda Andersson is a Orphan she have an Awakend daugther also an Orphan and from what Colin say a Widderslainte, but yeah I just talked with her for like five minutes at a Tribunal, she seamed nice enough though."
Jon reolied.

He frowned, "I believe he's had a bit of vampire blood in his diet, making him more resilient to a lot of things. Oda's wards cover the night club and basement, but we can talk her into lowering them... her daughter is Julianna, Lily's widderslainte lover... we can use that as leverage; detain her and promise to let her go with her daughter. Damn, why did that slip my mind until now?""

"It seams allot of things have to fall into place for your vision to come true Mr Wainwright but we should probably seek this woman out, if she control most of the wards either getting her to surrender or taking her out is a priority."
The Chief said as he emptied his coffee mug and went to fill it again from the pot on one of the tables.

He shrugged, "We could be stopped in a routine check. Carrying prisoners would be... a bit harder to camouflage or explain away than some hardware..."

"Agreed, we do not want to try to explain to the police why we have a tied up girl and a woman with a piece of wood impaling her chest in our car, police never like to see things like that trust me I know."
Amadeus replied with a nod.

He smiled wryly, "Let me put it this way - I would be hesitant to put the blood money from the basement operation toward convenience for us. The night club, on the other hand, is a legitimate operation that suddenly loses its owner; I would not have moral objections to... redistributing those funds. Might want to leave the cash registers alone, of course, but there's bound to be the bookkeeping in-house to gain us the bank accounts for the place."

"We will see what we have to work with once we are there, for now we should as the Ananasi's aid in handeling any money we do decide to take, remember though any gain we get from this including gain we can use to help Lilyandra's prisoners are a secondary concern, taking the Messassa prisoner and freeing her captives are our main priorities, in that order."
Jeffry commented as he sipped his coffee.

He smiled thinly, "Well, we could be lucky; any book that Master Steelhaven penned personally and referred to over the centuries would be quite valuable on its face... but, we'll have the option of that trade, if needs be."

"We can offer Master Steelhaven's cookbook but then we will inform this Chantry it is a cook book and not try to trick them by promising them a book they will assume is on a magickal subject and then they get a cookbook, I do not want Steelhaven to get a bad reputation for our deals."
Jeffry said sternly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:06 pm

Anja wrote:Ellie stood nervously for a moment then she took your card and looked at it.
"Oh...I would love a want with silver tips, perfectly measured to my arm to bring in the Arcane connection."
She said eagerly.
"Right now we are looking for a blue, glass bowl for a ritual."
She said happily. The Mercere nodded.
"Not at all Mr Wainwright Ellie is...recovering but she still have some way to go, my House have offered to care for her until she get to the point where she can be given to a proper Mentor who can develop her abilities."
He said and he gave a little smile.
"You did nothing wrong and your gift to Ellie is most generous, her magic is the only thing she have left."
The Red Cap said as Horizon faded and you again stood in the hallway with a concerned Cecilia.
"Ehm...Mr Wainwright are you okey?"
The hedge wizard asked.
Colin smiled, "Certainly, I'll have to measure your arm for that, and ask you to choose a species of wood..."
He blinked at Cecilia, "Er, kindly disregard that last bit, it was the last part of a conversation two months hence... Someone is planning a cruel discourtesy to one of our captives; I need to start making arrangements to circumvent that. But first, I need a word with another guest... pardon the interruption."
He bowed slightly to her, then carried on toward the Hedge Wizards' room, mulling over the fate he'd learned of for Kallan, briefly dismissing Ellie's description from the forefront of his mind...

((OOC: And that is at least some justification for why it slipped Colin's mind until well into the briefing. Razz ))

[Briefing, 2.15]
Anja wrote:"What more do we know about this Oda?"
Jeffry asked.
"I don't know much about her Oda Andersson is a Orphan she have an Awakend daugther also an Orphan and from what Colin say a Widderslainte, but yeah I just talked with her for like five minutes at a Tribunal, she seamed nice enough though."
Jon reolied.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I believe she's only working for Lilliandra and possibly Lily to help protect her daughter from Tradition 'justice'... an understandable and easily exploitable position."

Anja wrote:"It seams allot of things have to fall into place for your vision to come true Mr Wainwright but we should probably seek this woman out, if she control most of the wards either getting her to surrender or taking her out is a priority."
The Chief said as he emptied his coffee mug and went to fill it again from the pot on one of the tables.
He nodded, "Observed events still leave a bit of wiggle room without upsetting the timeline too much. Hum... scanning the place will alert Ellie of our impending intrusion; we'll not have much time to move once that begins..."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, we do not want to try to explain to the police why we have a tied up girl and a woman with a piece of wood impaling her chest in our car, police never like to see things like that trust me I know."
Amadeus replied with a nod.
He smiled wryly, "If Lilliandra's skin literally looks like marble, we could at least claim that one as transporting a movie prop or something of the sort."

Anja wrote:"We will see what we have to work with once we are there, for now we should as the Ananasi's aid in handeling any money we do decide to take, remember though any gain we get from this including gain we can use to help Lilyandra's prisoners are a secondary concern, taking the Messassa prisoner and freeing her captives are our main priorities, in that order."
Jeffry commented as he sipped his coffee.
He nodded, "Tertiary objective at best."

Anja wrote:"We can offer Master Steelhaven's cookbook but then we will inform this Chantry it is a cook book and not try to trick them by promising them a book they will assume is on a magickal subject and then they get a cookbook, I do not want Steelhaven to get a bad reputation for our deals."
Jeffry said sternly.
He grinned, "Fair, then again the recipe for Old Man Wrinkle's favourite candy is not a bad trade, all told... I'll even throw in description of his tea preference."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:17 am

[Briefing, 2.00]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "About your size, perhaps; fairly lithe, pale, natural curls... scars pretty much everywhere save her face..."

Serge began doodling away on his sketchpad, trying his best to get an accurate rendition of the women with the information he had gotten.

Colin wrote:He shrugged, "She caught that Nicole shot Big Chris, all the other staff left, and that we got Oda to surrender, and then Ellie lost consciousness..."

"The other staff just left? That's interesting. Now I'm wondering if I did that or if that's just a freaky coincidence?" Serge said.

Anja wrote:"We might end up with nothing yes...however if we get something it should be used to help the victims and I doubt the Syndicate care if funds is used for healing or for buying weapons as long as the cash keep flowing."
"For now we are just discussing oppertunities Mr Yager."

"I've heard stories about what the Syndicate would do to save a single penny. And if there's any truth to those stories I wouldn't trust manipulating something as tightly controlled as American Health Insurance." Serge said with a frown. Many people may remember that Serge originally Awoke in New York, where the Syndicate's influence was much greater and more aggressive.

"Though if you think it'll be the best way to help these guys I won't oppose it. It's a lot more guaranteed than paying people a variable amount of money. Which I agree we should use to help these guys."

Anja wrote:"Let me see a list of employees here we go, Tatiana Verjov, Marigold Lace, Mary Jones, Billy Hall, Jake Klyder, and Inga Lore are hired as servers. Marianne Till is the chef along with a Cole Till who also work in the kitchen. Ute Wagner is a bartender but I assume the servers also work behind the bar. There is a company called Clean Floors and Counters who are hired to handle cleaning the club they specialize in cleaning clubs and buessinesses. And then there is Big Chris, those are the ones officially employed, most of them are not likely to be in the club when we get there."
Jon replied.

"Getting names to faces helps." Serge said with a nod, "Have you seen any women that matches Mr. Wainwright's description of Ellie the Linear Mage? She has to have appeared on at least one of those cameras."

Anja wrote:"Unfortunatly this Oda have not put up signs that say here be wards to make life simple for us."
Jon said wryly.
Colin wrote:He frowned, "I believe he's had a bit of vampire blood in his diet, making him more resilient to a lot of things. Oda's wards cover the night club and basement, but we can talk her into lowering them... her daughter is Julianna, Lily's widderslainte lover... we can use that as leverage; detain her and promise to let her go with her daughter. Damn, why did that slip my mind until now?""

"I've already messed with the minds of ghouls before. Wasn't that hard. Guess this guy just had more potent vampire blood?" Serge said with a shrug of his shoulder. Glancing at his cabal leader he asked, "Did your vision tell you anything about who did the convincing?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:10 am

Colin smiled, "Certainly, I'll have to measure your arm for that, and ask you to choose a species of wood..."
He blinked at Cecilia, "Er, kindly disregard that last bit, it was the last part of a conversation two months hence... Someone is planning a cruel discourtesy to one of our captives; I need to start making arrangements to circumvent that. But first, I need a word with another guest... pardon the interruption."
He bowed slightly to her, then carried on toward the Hedge Wizards' room, mulling over the fate he'd learned of for Kallan, briefly dismissing Ellie's description from the forefront of his mind...

"Ehm...ok Sir should I do something?"
Cecilia said standing there with the bed linnens still in her thin arms looking at you and seaming rather confused.

(OOC:Which hedge wizard's room there are a few at the Chantry, including Cecilia.)

[Briefing, 2.15]

He nodded thoughtfully, "I believe she's only working for Lilliandra and possibly Lily to help protect her daughter from Tradition 'justice'... an understandable and easily exploitable position."

"If this woman is not herself Fallen then perhaps we can tell her what is at stake if we do not manage to capture Lily and get the person she is holding for Jace."
Jeffry said with a frown.
"Somethings might be so horrible to consider that even loyalty to family have to step to the sidelines in order to save all of existence."

He nodded, "Observed events still leave a bit of wiggle room without upsetting the timeline too much. Hum... scanning the place will alert Ellie of our impending intrusion; we'll not have much time to move once that begins..."

"I expected as much which is why I have not ordered such examinations yet."
The Security Chief said with a nod.
"And we are just going to have to get a good result and do our best but I do not take your vision as a guarentee of victory but rather as an...encouragement."

He smiled wryly, "If Lilliandra's skin literally looks like marble, we could at least claim that one as transporting a movie prop or something of the sort."

"That is a fair point."
Jon said.
"Even so it might be better to just get her back to Steelhaven as soon as possible."

He nodded, "Tertiary objective at best."

Jeffry nodded his agreement to that.

He grinned, "Fair, then again the recipe for Old Man Wrinkle's favourite candy is not a bad trade, all told... I'll even throw in description of his tea preference."

"Aboslutely and it might be worth the aid of our counterparts in Seattle but we should be up front about it."
The old Hermetic said.
"Hum...I might have to trade for that recepie myself, I try to avoid Wrinkle but I have not had mind candies in...hum...many decades, a bit to sweet to me but nice as a side to a good, bitter cup of coffee."

Serge began doodling away on his sketchpad, trying his best to get an accurate rendition of the women with the information he had gotten.

You drew what your Cabal leader described and soon had the image of a young woman, she was pretty but not excptionally so with short curly brown hair and large brown eyes, every part of her body other than her face was full of scars and she had a allmost childish demeanor.

"The other staff just left? That's interesting. Now I'm wondering if I did that or if that's just a freaky coincidence?" Serge said.

"I suspect it was you in Mr Wainwright's vision who made the other stuff just leave as that is our plan kid."
Ryan said.

I've heard stories about what the Syndicate would do to save a single penny. And if there's any truth to those stories I wouldn't trust manipulating something as tightly controlled as American Health Insurance." Serge said with a frown. Many people may remember that Serge originally Awoke in New York, where the Syndicate's influence was much greater and more aggressive.

"Though if you think it'll be the best way to help these guys I won't oppose it. It's a lot more guaranteed than paying people a variable amount of money. Which I agree we should use to help these guys."

"Like I told Miss Bouchard Mr Yager, modern economics is not my forte so I have left that in Miss Bouchard's hands. My knowledge is not advanced enough to make a proper risk assessment. if it is possible to do so safely I would like to use the Massassa's resources to help her victims, but I leave the assessment of viability and risk up to one of greater knowledge in the topic."
Jeffry said but he did look a bit concerned over the matter.

"Getting names to faces helps." Serge said with a nod, "Have you seen any women that matches Mr. Wainwright's description of Ellie the Linear Mage? She has to have appeared on at least one of those cameras."

"Let me see..."
Jon said and he tapped at his tablet several times then he nodded and held up the screen to a video taken 20 days ago, it showed Ellie on her kneesdrawing symbols on the floor in an empty club using a blue glass bowl and a ritual dagger.
"This is the only time this Ellie seam to have been in the club the last 30 days. Refreshing wards I suspect."

"I've already messed with the minds of ghouls before. Wasn't that hard. Guess this guy just had more potent vampire blood?" Serge said with a shrug of his shoulder. Glancing at his cabal leader he asked, "Did your vision tell you anything about who did the convincing?"

"Remember that not all of us are the same kid, some are more stubborn when it comes to resisting anyone trying to influence them."
Ryan said.
"This is true for anyone, sleepers, mages and others, it is not one size fits all. This Big Chris could be unusually strong of mind or unusually loyal to Lilyandra."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, 1.15]

Colin's Post:

'If barely nobody knows, how do you know there is no alternatives?' Nicole replied with an arched eyebrow. 'There may be methods of "connecting" with it, him, whatever without it being so... permanent. Might be able to do it with several people. That's the thing. Not knowing.'

'Wait. "Join his kind". How fucking many are there? And how big are they? That thing has to be at least the size of a Cassini-class and that's... well, basically the Union's Iowa [battleship].'

[Briefing, 2.15]

Serge's Post:

'Wha...? What's the Syndicate got to do with this?' clearly confused.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Come and see the boxes we recovered from the hospital earlier on.' Nicole quipped. 'And your point makes the assumption you can tell the difference between cash earned by different things. Unless this vampire was really old-school, most of it will exist as nothing more than numbers on a screen.'

Serge's Post:

'Thing is, my idea ain't tilting HMOs to cough up a freebie.' Nicole replied, giving a little smirk. 'What we simply do is use the vamp's bank account to pay for several years of full health coverage for the guy up front. Yeah, he'll think it's kinda weird, but how many of us complains when we get the occasional "bank error in your favour" card, eh?'

Anja's Post:

'Well... unless the Union have actual business dealings with this vampire or were like, watching her, I don't think they'll notice... diversion of the vamp's wealth. As long as it ain't stupidly massive.' Nicole mused. 'And if they did notice, their objection would be that it could strengthen us, not out of any concern about actual taking from vamps.'

'If we do get access to accounts, think asking Alessia whether she could help would be best. Get a feeling that if she couldn't, she might know someone who can. If it's done right, don't see the charities complaining. And our cut will be... well, it opens up lots of new options for the Chantry, sir.' glancing at Colin for a moment.

Anja's Post:

'The deeds done to make the cash have happened. Nothing we can do about that. But what we can do is to put things right when we see them. That cash can help us do that. And if we personally ain't benefiting, I see no like, ethical problems on that front.' here the Etherite gave a little, humourless smile.

'All money has some blood on it, somewhere...'

Anja's Post:

'Question. Does anyone have such a thing?'

Anja's Post:

'Well, shove it over so I can big-screen it.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little shrug to this. 'What about the "entertainment"? And any others similar?'

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'No. That idea's better. Loop the feed for a bit, then shove up the test card, like there's a power cut or something. Don't want to spook our viewers, do we?'

Anja's Post:

'You shoud try it. On a guy. But you aim, like 'bout twenty centimetres lower.' giving an evil little smirk.
Anja's Post:

'Half of security's job is making folks back down. If you look like you could break an arm like it's a breadstick, your job is quite a bit easier.' feeling a little uneasy about the fact she knew the man's name now. It was much easier to deal with people when they were simply anonymous people who got in the way between her and the goal.

Anja's Post:

The Etherite considered this for a moment before replying. 'Hard to say, as I've never done this kind of thing before. But I think it's worth a shot. And it's less invasive than blowing or burning holes in them, right? That can always be held as the reserve option.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... can you hack the cleaning company and find out their rota for the nightclub? Also, is there any external cameras? Staff parking-lot, perhaps? Just gone... ten-hundred there, so the '"day shift" will be there by now.'

[Was thinking Energy Weapons & Jetpack. Reading the blurb about the Academy (where Nick trained) also mentions they are also trained in flying and so on. Notice Colin has 'Pilot Umbrial Ship' - how you (and Great One) feel about widening it a bit to simply 'Pilot' so Nick can take a dot in it too?]

[Sorry about delay; RL and then power cut. Grr...]

[Question; when did they go to see the weapons dealer Mar mentioned?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Nicole wrote:'If barely nobody knows, how do you know there is no alternatives?' Nicole replied with an arched eyebrow. 'There may be methods of "connecting" with it, him, whatever without it being so... permanent. Might be able to do it with several people. That's the thing. Not knowing.'

'Wait. "Join his kind". How fucking many are there? And how big are they? That thing has to be at least the size of a Cassini-class and that's... well, basically the Union's Iowa [battleship].'
Colin smiled thinly, "I have no idea how many there are - they are a natural species in the Deep Umbra, and the Fallen capture them young to raise them... abusively. As for how large they can get... do you prefer approximate measurements in miles or kilometers? Fortunately, they are such impossible creatures as to normally be kept far from civilized areas by the sheer force of Paradox alone... but they get big. Very big."

Anja wrote:"Ehm...ok Sir should I do something?"
Cecilia said standing there with the bed linnens still in her thin arms looking at you and seaming rather confused.
He shook his head, "No, thank you, I've got the information I needed, and I'm sorry to have kept you."
Half turning away, he added, "Though, you might wish to bring your daughter over for dinner one peaceful day; I'm going to need to speak with her."

((OOC: Linear Mages plural; our two more-or-less unwilling guests, the former Infernalists.)

[Briefing, 2.15]
Jeremy wrote:Serge began doodling away on his sketchpad, trying his best to get an accurate rendition of the women with the information he had gotten.
Anja wrote:You drew what your Cabal leader described and soon had the image of a young woman, she was pretty but not excptionally so with short curly brown hair and large brown eyes, every part of her body other than her face was full of scars and she had a allmost childish demeanor.
He nodded in approval at the sketch, "That's quite accurate."

Anja wrote:"If this woman is not herself Fallen then perhaps we can tell her what is at stake if we do not manage to capture Lily and get the person she is holding for Jace."
"Somethings might be so horrible to consider that even loyalty to family have to step to the sidelines in order to save all of existence."
He nodded, "Worth a shot."

Jeremy wrote:"The other staff just left? That's interesting. Now I'm wondering if I did that or if that's just a freaky coincidence?" Serge said.
Anja wrote:"I suspect it was you in Mr Wainwright's vision who made the other stuff just leave as that is our plan kid."
Ryan said.
He grinned, "Don't go calling yourself a coincidence too often, son. People might start believe you're a pattern."

Anja wrote:"I expected as much which is why I have not ordered such examinations yet."
The Security Chief said with a nod.
"And we are just going to have to get a good result and do our best but I do not take your vision as a guarentee of victory but rather as an...encouragement."
He nodded, "I'll take any encouragement I can."

Nicole wrote:'No. That idea's better. Loop the feed for a bit, then shove up the test card, like there's a power cut or something. Don't want to spook our viewers, do we?'
He grinned, "Sounds like a plan, to create some confusions about the timing..."

Jeremy wrote:"I've already messed with the minds of ghouls before. Wasn't that hard. Guess this guy just had more potent vampire blood?" Serge said with a shrug of his shoulder. Glancing at his cabal leader he asked, "Did your vision tell you anything about who did the convincing?"
Anja wrote:"Remember that not all of us are the same kid, some are more stubborn when it comes to resisting anyone trying to influence them."
Ryan said.
"This is true for anyone, sleepers, mages and others, it is not one size fits all. This Big Chris could be unusually strong of mind or unusually loyal to Lilyandra."
He nodded, "Also, I believe the... specific benefits of a ghoul depends on the blood of the vampire they've been fed by. Some, hm, bloodline traits, for lack of a better term. I'm given to understand a Giovanni ghoul might have some different advantages than a Ventrue ghoul, or Tremere ghoul, and so on. Some might have more mental resilience, while others have greater physical resilience, and others again might have other supernatural traits..."

Nicole wrote:'Come and see the boxes we recovered from the hospital earlier on.' Nicole quipped. 'And your point makes the assumption you can tell the difference between cash earned by different things. Unless this vampire was really old-school, most of it will exist as nothing more than numbers on a screen.'
He frowned, "I believe Lilyandra would have separate accounts for the night club and the basement operation. You know, the taxable business and the illicit business. We'd not be handling literally blood-soaked bills, in any case."

Anja wrote:"Aboslutely and it might be worth the aid of our counterparts in Seattle but we should be up front about it."
The old Hermetic said.
"Hum...I might have to trade for that recepie myself, I try to avoid Wrinkle but I have not had mind candies in...hum...many decades, a bit to sweet to me but nice as a side to a good, bitter cup of coffee."
He grinned, "Remind me to pass you a recipe for some mint candies with mocha beans later. Those might be more to your liking - and they go exceedingly well with coffee. Not so much with tea."

((OOC: I'd have to vote Nay on merging "Pilot" and "Pilot Umbral Ship" - they operate on two wildly different sets of physical laws, for starters, and Colin did start with four dots in Pilot (Helicopter), and later picked up two dots in Pilot Umbral Ship, signifying a greater distinction between the two skills than a mere specialty. Though I don't see a problem with retroactively stating Nick having received some theoretical explanations from Colin in piloting, and going over the shuttle's operator's manual together over the past couple months.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:40 am

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja wrote:You drew what your Cabal leader described and soon had the image of a young woman, she was pretty but not excptionally so with short curly brown hair and large brown eyes, every part of her body other than her face was full of scars and she had a allmost childish demeanor.
Colin wrote:He nodded in approval at the sketch, "That's quite accurate."

"It'll help if I need to cast any magick on her. Though from your vision it doesn't sound like that's how this mission goes." Serge said, showing the drawing to his cabal leader so that he could get a better view.

Anja wrote:"I suspect it was you in Mr Wainwright's vision who made the other stuff just leave as that is our plan kid."
Ryan said.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "Don't go calling yourself a coincidence too often, son. People might start believe you're a pattern."

"God I hope it's me. Cause I like the idea of just getting them to leave rather than putting them to sleep. Getting them to leave is more natural. More natural than them all suddenly dropping."

Nicole wrote:'Wha...? What's the Syndicate got to do with this?' clearly confused.

"We're messing with the money of large corporation. That'll piss off the Syndicate more than anyone else." Serge explained.

Anja wrote:"Like I told Miss Bouchard Mr Yager, modern economics is not my forte so I have left that in Miss Bouchard's hands. My knowledge is not advanced enough to make a proper risk assessment. if it is possible to do so safely I would like to use the Massassa's resources to help her victims, but I leave the assessment of viability and risk up to one of greater knowledge in the topic."
Jeffry said but he did look a bit concerned over the matter.
Nicole wrote:'Thing is, my idea ain't tilting HMOs to cough up a freebie.' Nicole replied, giving a little smirk. 'What we simply do is use the vamp's bank account to pay for several years of full health coverage for the guy up front. Yeah, he'll think it's kinda weird, but how many of us complains when we get the occasional "bank error in your favour" card, eh?'
Nicole wrote:'Well... unless the Union have actual business dealings with this vampire or were like, watching her, I don't think they'll notice... diversion of the vamp's wealth. As long as it ain't stupidly massive.' Nicole mused. 'And if they did notice, their objection would be that it could strengthen us, not out of any concern about actual taking from vamps.'

'If we do get access to accounts, think asking Alessia whether she could help would be best. Get a feeling that if she couldn't, she might know someone who can. If it's done right, don't see the charities complaining. And our cut will be... well, it opens up lots of new options for the Chantry, sir.' glancing at Colin for a moment.

"Errrr..." Serge began, seeming a bit reluctant at first. "Fine. Yeah. It makes sense. Mysterious money gets shuffled around each day. I suppose if the Syndicate did catch on they probably won't care about the origins of a little extra cash flow. Unless we're unlucky and get an extra meticulous Syndicate tax auditor."

Anja wrote:"Let me see..."
Jon said and he tapped at his tablet several times then he nodded and held up the screen to a video taken 20 days ago, it showed Ellie on her knees drawing symbols on the floor in an empty club using a blue glass bowl and a ritual dagger.
"This is the only time this Ellie seam to have been in the club the last 30 days. Refreshing wards I suspect."

"Do those symbols look familiar to anyone here? Deciphering those might give us a clue as to the nature of the wards." Serge asked. He compared his drawing to the Ellie on the video to see how close he had gotten.

Anja wrote:"Remember that not all of us are the same kid, some are more stubborn when it comes to resisting anyone trying to influence them."
Ryan said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Also, I believe the... specific benefits of a ghoul depends on the blood of the vampire they've been fed by. Some, hm, bloodline traits, for lack of a better term. I'm given to understand a Giovanni ghoul might have some different advantages than a Ventrue ghoul, or Tremere ghoul, and so on. Some might have more mental resilience, while others have greater physical resilience, and others again might have other supernatural traits..."

"Fair enough. That makes sense." Serge said with a nod. "Hey do you know who did your vision tell you who did the convincing of Oda? And where? Sounds kinda precarious if we convince her to drop the wards when we're already inside of the Night club."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:15 am

[Briefing, 2.15]

'Come and see the boxes we recovered from the hospital earlier on.' Nicole quipped. 'And your point makes the assumption you can tell the difference between cash earned by different things. Unless this vampire was really old-school, most of it will exist as nothing more than numbers on a screen.'

"Well she earn allot of her money online so she can not be that oldfashioned."
Fran said. Jeffry nodded.
"Very well if you think the Union can not trace the reserouces."

Well... unless the Union have actual business dealings with this vampire or were like, watching her, I don't think they'll notice... diversion of the vamp's wealth. As long as it ain't stupidly massive.' Nicole mused. 'And if they did notice, their objection would be that it could strengthen us, not out of any concern about actual taking from vamps.'

"I am still very skeptical about taking the blood money, that w can discuss later as we for now have focused more on how to steal the Massassa's money than how to take her own so I believe this meeting is loosing it's focus."
Jeffry said.
"But if you believe that at least using her money to help her victimes is safe and doable then i will accept that Miss Bouchard."

'The deeds done to make the cash have happened. Nothing we can do about that. But what we can do is to put things right when we see them. That cash can help us do that. And if we personally ain't benefiting, I see no like, ethical problems on that front.' here the Etherite gave a little, humourless smile.

'All money has some blood on it, somewhere...'

"There is blood and then there is blood Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"But yes I am not against using the vampire's resources to use her victims but I am skeptical about taking her blood money to benefit Steelhaven."

Question. Does anyone have such a thing?'

"A tranq gun? Yes I got one."
Fran said.

'Well, shove it over so I can big-screen it.'

Jon did so.

Nicole gave a little shrug to this. 'What about the "entertainment"? And any others similar?'

"That is a good point, well if we have a place to send them I can teleport them there."
Amadeus said.

No. That idea's better. Loop the feed for a bit, then shove up the test card, like there's a power cut or something. Don't want to spook our viewers, do we?'

Jon nodded.
"I can arrange that."

'You shoud try it. On a guy. But you aim, like 'bout twenty centimetres lower.' giving an evil little smirk.

Fran chuckle at that.

Half of security's job is making folks back down. If you look like you could break an arm like it's a breadstick, your job is quite a bit easier.' feeling a little uneasy about the fact she knew the man's name now. It was much easier to deal with people when they were simply anonymous people who got in the way between her and the goal.

"Well Big Chis here certinly look like he could break a man's arm like a twig."
Fran said clanging at the screen.

The Etherite considered this for a moment before replying. 'Hard to say, as I've never done this kind of thing before. But I think it's worth a shot. And it's less invasive than blowing or burning holes in them, right? That can always be held as the reserve option.'

"Very well Miss Bouchard you can try your treated stake and a drill before we use more invasive methods."
Jeffry said.

'Hmm... can you hack the cleaning company and find out their rota for the nightclub? Also, is there any external cameras? Staff parking-lot, perhaps? Just gone... ten-hundred there, so the '"day shift" will be there by now.'

"Let me see...yes it seamd the cleaning clue comes to the nightclub every day at eleven in the morning."
Jon said.
"Yes there is an outside camera there is nto many cars in the parking lot.

He nodded, "Worth a shot."

Jeffry nodded at that.

He nodded, "I'll take any encouragement I can."

"So will I."
Jeffry agreed.

He grinned, "Sounds like a plan, to create some confusions about the timing..."

"I am on it."
Jon said.

He nodded, "Also, I believe the... specific benefits of a ghoul depends on the blood of the vampire they've been fed by. Some, hm, bloodline traits, for lack of a better term. I'm given to understand a Giovanni ghoul might have some different advantages than a Ventrue ghoul, or Tremere ghoul, and so on. Some might have more mental resilience, while others have greater physical resilience, and others again might have other supernatural traits..."

"That is true, most ghouls are supernaturally strong, but they might have other abilities as well, depending on who their Master is."
Henrietta said and Fran sigh.
"Yeah for Big Chris here looks like he really need some extra supernatural stregth."

He frowned, "I believe Lilyandra would have separate accounts for the night club and the basement operation. You know, the taxable business and the illicit business. We'd not be handling literally blood-soaked bills, in any case."

"Yes that is likely."
Jon said.
"We will find out once we have all the details."

He grinned, "Remind me to pass you a recipe for some mint candies with mocha beans later. Those might be more to your liking - and they go exceedingly well with coffee. Not so much with tea."

"Ah that would be lovely."
The Security Chief said with an approving smile.
"I do so enjoy a bitter treat now and again."

"It'll help if I need to cast any magick on her. Though from your vision it doesn't sound like that's how this mission goes." Serge said, showing the drawing to his cabal leader so that he could get a better view.

"Even so be ready to act Mr Yager there is a limit to how much I will turst future visions."

"God I hope it's me. Cause I like the idea of just getting them to leave rather than putting them to sleep. Getting them to leave is more natural. More natural than them all suddenly dropping."

The Security Chief nodded at that.

"We're messing with the money of large corporation. That'll piss off the Syndicate more than anyone else." Serge explained.

"Neither the club or the side activities is a large cooperation, and just paying more money to a insurance company is not really messing witht hem."
Jon commented.

"Errrr..." Serge began, seeming a bit reluctant at first. "Fine. Yeah. It makes sense. Mysterious money gets shuffled around each day. I suppose if the Syndicate did catch on they probably won't care about the origins of a little extra cash flow. Unless we're unlucky and get an extra meticulous Syndicate tax auditor."

"Most likely we will be safe if we are careful."
The Virtual Adept said.

"Do those symbols look familiar to anyone here? Deciphering those might give us a clue as to the nature of the wards." Serge asked. He compared his drawing to the Ellie on the video to see how close he had gotten.

"They....look like Chaos magick sigils, they are personally created usually so you stand a better chance of finding out exactly what they are than us kid."
Ryan said as he looked at the screen.

He shook his head, "No, thank you, I've got the information I needed, and I'm sorry to have kept you."

"Not at all Sir."
Cecilia said politely.

Half turning away, he added, "Though, you might wish to bring your daughter over for dinner one peaceful day; I'm going to need to speak with her."

"That would be lovely Sir I would be deligted to if my Mentor agree."
The hedge wizard said with a smile.

You got to the room where the two former Infernalists was held, the door was closed and all was quiet inside.

(OOC: I agree with Warp about Umbra Ship Piloting.)
(OOC 2: I assume right after the mission to the old hospital.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Colin's Post:

A short silence as the Etherite considered this. 'You need to write a paper on this. And like, get a few biologists to study this.' she said quietly.

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja's Post:

'Which is exactly why I think she might have a lot of cash on-site. Bills are hard to trace, like. Which is why I still use it as much as.'

Anyway, with the Union tracing... more "will not" than "can not". But I don't know much about the hows, sir. Not at these values. I suggest we find someone who does and have a quick chat before leaving for the mission. So we know the steps needed to be done.'

Serge's Post:

'I actually worry about that more, like. The IRS. We will have to be very careful in how that cash is spent, which is actually kinda good in a way. We'll have to keep it out of the legit Mundie economy, so no spend on self.' Nicole replied.

'But the Chief's right. Securing the funds and deciding what to do with them is, like two completely different things.'

Colin's Post:

'Please, people, send anything for others to see to me so I can put it on the big screen.' the Etherite complained, a touch annoyed as she started to see people showing each other things as she got the image of the Orphan and put it onto a kind of virtual pinboard whiteboard, where she'd already put Big Chris on. 'What's her name?' using her pointer to click on the new picture.

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this. 'I'll need that wood from you then-' looking to Colin '-and you need to start preparing the hardening treatment.' giving a nod to Anton.

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... when do they leave? And is it possible to look on the club's computers and see the employee timesheets? So we can pick a point where the least workers are about?'

Anja's Post:

'He doesn't need it, but he wants it. It's never enough...' the Etherite replied, a little absent-mindedly, as though saying it just to herself. Then gave a little cough. 'So, we have a very strong person even stronger, fanatically loyal to this vampire and perhaps with some other tricks? Is there gonna be a way we can neutralise without simply killing him?'

Anja's Post:

'Yes. Every little change we've made because of a future-peek makes that peek less reliable. In fact, I think we've already gone that point completely.'

[Didn't spot Colin had Pilot; I basically noticed Umbrial Pilot and left it at that. *rolls eyes* It's mentioned in the blurb that the Ethernaut Academy trained Scientists in flight and so on; was thinking she might have been taught at least the rudiments. The fact she's not mentioned this IC is simple; Nick's 'impostor syndrome'. So the question comes down to crunch again; can you fly in the Umbra with 'Pilot' alone or not? And if so, I assume this means 'Umbrial Pilot' merely decreases the difficulty rolls in doing it (like we agreed with the Streetwise/Scrounging issue). Lastly, could Nick 'get by' on 'Pilot' + 'Hypertech'?]

[Well, shall we start the shopping thread, then? I was thinking originally doing that after the Waltham scene, but my... optimism for that one is kinda waning, for obvious reasons. *sad face*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:31 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

Which is exactly why I think she might have a lot of cash on-site. Bills are hard to trace, like. Which is why I still use it as much as.'

Anyway, with the Union tracing... more "will not" than "can not". But I don't know much about the hows, sir. Not at these values. I suggest we find someone who does and have a quick chat before leaving for the mission. So we know the steps needed to be done.'

"Then you or Mr Wainwright will speak with Miss Alessa about what options we have but remember recovering any money from the vampire is a bonus it is not in any way a priority."
Jeffry replied.

I actually worry about that more, like. The IRS. We will have to be very careful in how that cash is spent, which is actually kinda good in a way. We'll have to keep it out of the legit Mundie economy, so no spend on self.' Nicole replied.

'But the Chief's right. Securing the funds and deciding what to do with them is, like two completely different things.'

The Chief just nodded at that.

'Please, people, send anything for others to see to me so I can put it on the big screen.' the Etherite complained, a touch annoyed as she started to see people showing each other things as she got the image of the Orphan and put it onto a kind of virtual pinboard whiteboard, where she'd already put Big Chris on. 'What's her name?' using her pointer to click on the new picture.

"Here you go I have sent it to you now."
Jon said then he glanced at the screen.
"The Orphan is named Oda Andersson."

Nicole nodded to this. 'I'll need that wood from you then-' looking to Colin '-and you need to start preparing the hardening treatment.' giving a nod to Anton.

"If I am excused I can go make proper preperations in the lab."
Anton offered.
"And we can get started right away."

Hmm... when do they leave? And is it possible to look on the club's computers and see the employee timesheets? So we can pick a point where the least workers are about?'

"Let me see, usually the cleaning crew works for about two hours as for the employees, well it seam that there is usually someone int he club but one one or two other than about an hour before and an hour after the club closes."
Jon said.

'He doesn't need it, but he wants it. It's never enough...' the Etherite replied, a little absent-mindedly, as though saying it just to herself. Then gave a little cough. 'So, we have a very strong person even stronger, fanatically loyal to this vampire and perhaps with some other tricks? Is there gonna be a way we can neutralise without simply killing him?'

"Hum...well I could trap him in a Gauntlet prison that would hold him, that will hold anyone."
Jeffry said and Amadeus nodded.
"Or I could make him violently ill, not killing him but enought hat he will probably not be able to stand. I agree though this Big Chris might end up posing a problem."

'Yes. Every little change we've made because of a future-peek makes that peek less reliable. In fact, I think we've already gone that point completely.'

"The information is useful as a guide but we can not take it as written in stone indeed."
Jeffry agreed.

(OOC: Morrigan's player have been ahving some health issues. I can start the trip to get ammo tomorrow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:47 pm

Anja wrote:A short silence as the Etherite considered this. 'You need to write a paper on this. And like, get a few biologists to study this.' she said quietly.
Colin nodded, "I have more than half a mind to ask both a few interested Etherites and Verbena to assist in the study - under strict restrictions. Small blood and tissue samples can be allowed, but not invasive surgery. You know how the big lug will get if someone rips out a chunk of him..."

[Steelhaven, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"That would be lovely Sir I would be deligted to if my Mentor agree."
The hedge wizard said with a smile.

You got to the room where the two former Infernalists was held, the door was closed and all was quiet inside.
He smiled to Cecilia, "She's invited, too. I have a large enough dining table."

Knocking softly on the door, he stepped inside and looked for the rescuee from the Labyrinth, fishing out his phone, "You awake, son?"

[Briefing, 2.15]
Jeremy wrote:"It'll help if I need to cast any magick on her. Though from your vision it doesn't sound like that's how this mission goes." Serge said, showing the drawing to his cabal leader so that he could get a better view.
Anja wrote:"Even so be ready to act Mr Yager there is a limit to how much I will turst future visions."
Nicole wrote:'Please, people, send anything for others to see to me so I can put it on the big screen.' the Etherite complained, a touch annoyed as she started to see people showing each other things as she got the image of the Orphan and put it onto a kind of virtual pinboard whiteboard, where she'd already put Big Chris on. 'What's her name?' using her pointer to click on the new picture.
He looked up from the page to give Nicole a wry smile, "You have a scanner with you? Serge draws on paper, you know..."
He looked back to Serge, "Don't underestimate a well-placed distraction - a bit of tunnel vision on her part would go a long way in ensuring she never sees the tranquilizer dart."

Jeremy wrote:"God I hope it's me. Cause I like the idea of just getting them to leave rather than putting them to sleep. Getting them to leave is more natural. More natural than them all suddenly dropping."
Anja wrote:The Security Chief nodded at that.
He grinned and winked to Serge, "Well, I don't see anyone else here who's a specialist on impulse control... or the lack thereof."

Jeremy wrote:"Fair enough. That makes sense." Serge said with a nod. "Hey do you know who did your vision tell you who did the convincing of Oda? And where? Sounds kinda precarious if we convince her to drop the wards when we're already inside of the Night club."
He shook his head, "Ellie learned that after the fact, I think. And I don't think Oda's wards in the night club were much more than alarms for herself. The nasty ones would be downstairs. After all, it would be unwise to blow up the night club just because an adventurous Cultist swung by to check out the scene."

Nicole wrote:'Yes. Every little change we've made because of a future-peek makes that peek less reliable. In fact, I think we've already gone that point completely.'
Anja wrote:"The information is useful as a guide but we can not take it as written in stone indeed."
Jeffry agreed.
He shrugged, "That's more or less correct... however, the timeline is a stubborn thing, and while we have shifted the likely outcome drastically from the first vision - that of the site being blown up - we're not aiming to alter the latter foreknowledge, so much as trying to make sure it works out as smoothly as suggested. Smaller details... don't drastically change the outcome much, and offer less resistance."

Anja wrote:"That is true, most ghouls are supernaturally strong, but they might have other abilities as well, depending on who their Master is."
Henrietta said and Fran sigh.
"Yeah for Big Chris here looks like he really need some extra supernatural stregth."
Nicole wrote:'He doesn't need it, but he wants it. It's never enough...' the Etherite replied, a little absent-mindedly, as though saying it just to herself. Then gave a little cough. 'So, we have a very strong person even stronger, fanatically loyal to this vampire and perhaps with some other tricks? Is there gonna be a way we can neutralise without simply killing him?'
Anja wrote:"Hum...well I could trap him in a Gauntlet prison that would hold him, that will hold anyone."
Jeffry said and Amadeus nodded.
"Or I could make him violently ill, not killing him but enought hat he will probably not be able to stand. I agree though this Big Chris might end up posing a problem."
He paused for a moment, "Ellie said you shot him, not killed him. I believe you mentioned bean bag rounds? Might be worth a try, if you're willing to risk going hand-to-hand with the guy."

Nicole wrote:Nicole nodded to this. 'I'll need that wood from you then-' looking to Colin '-and you need to start preparing the hardening treatment.' giving a nod to Anton.
Anja wrote:"If I am excused I can go make proper preperations in the lab."
Anton offered.
"And we can get started right away."
He nodded, "I'll see what the hardest I have in stock is, then... I think yew or oak is the best I have at the moment."
Looking to Anton, he added, "Will the treatment be dependent on wood species, doctor?"

((OOC: I'd say "Pilot Umbral Ship" is the sole skill for, well, what it says on the tin, not relying on mundane piloting skills, simply because the fundamentals of steering and navigation are incompatible. That said, some craft, like umbral fighter craft, will use regular piloting for such things as combat maneuvers above Horizon. For the shuttle, though, I wouldn't say there'd be any use for regular Piloting skills. Hypertech, on the other hand, would be just what the doctor ordered for repairs and upgrades.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:44 am

Steelhaven, 1.30]

He smiled to Cecilia, "She's invited, too. I have a large enough dining table."

"I will let my Mentor know about the invitation Sir."
Cecilia said politely.

Knocking softly on the door, he stepped inside and looked for the rescuee from the Labyrinth, fishing out his phone, "You awake, son?"

You entered the apartment. The former infernalist from the labyrinth lay on the sofa, he was in handcuffs but had been otherwise best left to rest. lavian was probably in the bedroom. The former infernalist glanced up with a tired, sad look in his eyes.
"I am awake."
He muttered.
"What do you want?"

[Briefing, 2.15]

He shook his head, "Ellie learned that after the fact, I think. And I don't think Oda's wards in the night club were much more than alarms for herself. The nasty ones would be downstairs. After all, it would be unwise to blow up the night club just because an adventurous Cultist swung by to check out the scene."

"Agreed the wards are likely an alarm system to let Oda know if something Awakned enter the club."
Jeffry said then he frowned.
"It will be a problem though if our target is awakend or her defenders get alerted to our pressence as we enter."
He said as he watched Oda work on her wards.

He shrugged, "That's more or less correct... however, the timeline is a stubborn thing, and while we have shifted the likely outcome drastically from the first vision - that of the site being blown up - we're not aiming to alter the latter foreknowledge, so much as trying to make sure it works out as smoothly as suggested. Smaller details... don't drastically change the outcome much, and offer less resistance."

"Well we do have to make sure the explosion do not happen."
The Chief said with a frown.
"However yes we can use the information from your vision as a leg up to make things work out in our favor and I will use any tool I am offered, even if I refuse to be the slave of destiny."

He nodded, "I'll see what the hardest I have in stock is, then... I think yew or oak is the best I have at the moment."
Looking to Anton, he added, "Will the treatment be dependent on wood species, doctor?"

"No mostly it is the same Sir."
Anton replied.
"I have some ebony."
Henrietta said.
"But it is a bowl."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja wrote:"Even so be ready to act Mr Yager there is a limit to how much I will turst future visions."
Colin wrote:He looked up from the page to give Nicole a wry smile, "You have a scanner with you? Serge draws on paper, you know..."
He looked back to Serge, "Don't underestimate a well-placed distraction - a bit of tunnel vision on her part would go a long way in ensuring she never sees the tranquilizer dart."

"I'll keep the paper on hand then." Serge said with a nod.

Colin wrote:He grinned and winked to Serge, "Well, I don't see anyone else here who's a specialist on impulse control... or the lack thereof."

"There's a lot of people here you know." Serge said glancing around the room. "I'm pretty sure I'm not the only specialist here."

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Ellie learned that after the fact, I think. And I don't think Oda's wards in the night club were much more than alarms for herself. The nasty ones would be downstairs. After all, it would be unwise to blow up the night club just because an adventurous Cultist swung by to check out the scene."
Anja wrote:"Agreed the wards are likely an alarm system to let Oda know if something Awakned enter the club."
"It will be a problem though if our target is awakend or her defenders get alerted to our pressence as we enter."

"If those wards were triggered do you think she'd go check out what triggered them or go wake her vampire buddies up first? Cause if it's the former, it could be a good way to lure her out to do the convincing."

Anja wrote:"Most likely we will be safe if we are careful."
The Virtual Adept said.
Nicole wrote:'I actually worry about that more, like. The IRS. We will have to be very careful in how that cash is spent, which is actually kinda good in a way. We'll have to keep it out of the legit Mundie economy, so no spend on self.' Nicole replied.

"Well I'm in favor of spending money on helping the vampire's victim. How we're securing it I'm not sure." Serge said. "Also if we're doing it this way, the American Health Insurance way, there's no need to use my Mentor's contacts in Seattle right. Unless we plan to pay off those contacts with the money."

Anja wrote:"They....look like Chaos magick sigils, they are personally created usually so you stand a better chance of finding out exactly what they are than us kid."
Ryan said as he looked at the screen.

Serge looked a little confused at that claim and then looked back at chaos symbols himself. Analyzing them to see if he really had a better idea as to what they represented.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:46 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

"If those wards were triggered do you think she'd go check out what triggered them or go wake her vampire buddies up first? Cause if it's the former, it could be a good way to lure her out to do the convincing."

"The vampire will be all but helpless during the day so it is more likely that Miss Andersson will go do check out what disturbed her wards herself, possibly bringing this bouncer of theirs with her in case of trouble."
Adjan replied.
"And I agree talking with her outside might be better but how are we thinking to do that Mr Yeager?"

Serge looked a little confused at that claim and then looked back at chaos symbols himself. Analyzing them to see if he really had a better idea as to what they represented.

Well the squiggels did look protective and perhaps warning, and they could be Chaos Magick symbols made from sentences and statements then reduced to a few letters and then a symbols made out of that.

[Out to get Ammo]

Nicole after the mission to the old hospital you was ready to go get more ammunition and perhaps some other weapons with Helena and apperantly Fran as both women was waiting for you in the parking lot after you had dropped Morrigan and Serge of. Fran gave a friendly wave to you and Helena gave a polite but reserved nod. Helena was wearing jeans and a dark blue hoodie, her dark blond hair drawn back into a ponytail. Fran was wearing a black frilly dress with allot of lace, high PVC boots, her ringlets was in pigtains with huge black and white bows on them and she was holding a ladies parasol make of more black lace as well as her customary teddy bear bag.

(OOC: Morrigan's player said I could play Morrigan for her until she got back if you guys want to finish the plotline with the old hospital.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:22 am

[Steelhaven, 1.30]
Anja wrote:You entered the apartment. The former infernalist from the labyrinth lay on the sofa, he was in handcuffs but had been otherwise best left to rest. lavian was probably in the bedroom. The former infernalist glanced up with a tired, sad look in his eyes.
"I am awake."
He muttered.
"What do you want?"
Colin smiled thinly, "Just came in to check on you. I did promise to put you in touch with my attorney, did I not? I can call her right now and put you on speakerphone, while I check on Flavian in the next room. I should have a little bit of time to lend you a bit of privacy for it. Or would you rather I call her at a later time?"

[Briefing, 2.15]
Jeremy wrote:"There's a lot of people here you know." Serge said glancing around the room. "I'm pretty sure I'm not the only specialist here."
He grinned, "Oh, we're all specialists, of sort, but I think you're the only one of us who excels in the subconscious. At the very least, while the rest of us can convince people to surrender, I believe you're the only one here who can pull off an Inception, and make them believe it was their own idea..."

Jeremy wrote:"If those wards were triggered do you think she'd go check out what triggered them or go wake her vampire buddies up first? Cause if it's the former, it could be a good way to lure her out to do the convincing."
Anja wrote:"The vampire will be all but helpless during the day so it is more likely that Miss Andersson will go do check out what disturbed her wards herself, possibly bringing this bouncer of theirs with her in case of trouble."
Adjan replied.
"And I agree talking with her outside might be better but how are we thinking to do that Mr Yeager?"
He nodded, "I concur; she'll likely investigate the tripped wards with the head bouncer, not run to the basement... the poor girl, on the other hand, will head straight for her Mistress."

Anja wrote:"Agreed the wards are likely an alarm system to let Oda know if something Awakned enter the club."
He pondered, "It is plausible my Scrambler will help avoid tripping wards that warn of Awakened intrusions and the like, but I won't guarantee it. And wards that register other things, like body heat or movement might see right through the Scrambler, too... but it might be enough of an edge, all the same."

Jeremy wrote:Serge looked a little confused at that claim and then looked back at chaos symbols himself. Analyzing them to see if he really had a better idea as to what they represented.
Anja wrote:Well the squiggels did look protective and perhaps warning, and they could be Chaos Magick symbols made from sentences and statements then reduced to a few letters and then a symbols made out of that.
He looked over Serge's shoulder, "The symbols might not be the important thing to look at here. She'll be put in a Mercere's care, suggesting her work has Hermetic roots. The blue glass bowl and the dagger might be a more enlightening clue..."

Anja wrote:"Well we do have to make sure the explosion do not happen."
The Chief said with a frown.
"However yes we can use the information from your vision as a leg up to make things work out in our favor and I will use any tool I am offered, even if I refuse to be the slave of destiny."
He nodded, "A sailor is not a slave to the wind, but he adjusts his sails according to it, so he can keep his ship on the course he wants. I believe it's a fair metaphor."

Anja wrote:"No mostly it is the same Sir."
Anton replied.
"I have some ebony."
Henrietta said.
"But it is a bowl."
He pondered, "I believe ebony is harder than any of the wood I have in stock, though the direction of the grain might make it less than ideal... Nicole, think you can have a look at the bowl, see if it is viable for the job while I fetch some oak and such?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:47 am

[Steelhaven, 1.30]

Colin smiled thinly, "Just came in to check on you. I did promise to put you in touch with my attorney, did I not? I can call her right now and put you on speakerphone, while I check on Flavian in the next room. I should have a little bit of time to lend you a bit of privacy for it. Or would you rather I call her at a later time?"

"No...you can call her now."
The former infernalist said and he sat up ith a pained grunt, his hands was bound in front of him so he had some freedom of movement. Once he was up he sigh and nodded.
"It is better to know what my likely fate would be."

[Briefing, 2.15]

He nodded, "I concur; she'll likely investigate the tripped wards with the head bouncer, not run to the basement... the poor girl, on the other hand, will head straight for her Mistress."

"Agreed, this Ellie likely will not be able to think about what is a good strategy and will run to the vampire to try to wake her, and her being a hedge witzard perhaps she even have a trick to do just that."
Adjan said with a frown.
"This Miss Andersson though is nto a slave from what I hear she is just in a desperate situation."

He pondered, "It is plausible my Scrambler will help avoid tripping wards that warn of Awakened intrusions and the like, but I won't guarantee it. And wards that register other things, like body heat or movement might see right through the Scrambler, too... but it might be enough of an edge, all the same."

"Possible but not likely your scrambler make you harder to scry magickally but most wards are not scrying they just detect the pressence of something supernatural. It is not likely it is body heat that they are set to go off with or movement as then they would be useful in a night club. But they likely detect supernatural pressences and someone using your scrambler will still be a supernatural pressence. I do not think we can reply on that."
Jeffry replied.

He looked over Serge's shoulder, "The symbols might not be the important thing to look at here. She'll be put in a Mercere's care, suggesting her work has Hermetic roots. The blue glass bowl and the dagger might be a more enlightening clue..."

"Well there is several things you might use a blue glass bowl for, anything that have a correspondenc with blue, hum...more modern Hermetics associate the color with Hermes and with communication often along with yellow...a dagger is used in so many things it is hard to get much out of that. Jupiter is more commonly associeated with blue which to fit for making wards."
Jffry mushed.

He nodded, "A sailor is not a slave to the wind, but he adjusts his sails according to it, so he can keep his ship on the course he wants. I believe it's a fair metaphor."

"So then in your idea Mr Wainwright we are helples leaves being thrown about by the winds of fate, or at the best a ship that can adust it course a little but will still be controlled by the winds unnable to do anything to enact our own will, no I will not allow that or live in such a way!"
Jeffry said angrily.
"My path is mine and mine alone fate be damned!, divinations into the future can give a indication of what will happen if nothing is done and advice but that is all I will ever take it as."

He pondered, "I believe ebony is harder than any of the wood I have in stock, though the direction of the grain might make it less than ideal... Nicole, think you can have a look at the bowl, see if it is viable for the job while I fetch some oak and such?"

"I should just go an get the bowl then."
Henrietta said and with a gesture from jeffry saying she was excused the hedge witch went to do so.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:20 am

[Steelhaven, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"No...you can call her now."
The former infernalist said and he sat up ith a pained grunt, his hands was bound in front of him so he had some freedom of movement. Once he was up he sigh and nodded.
"It is better to know what my likely fate would be."
Colin nodded and redialed, putting the conversation on speakerphone and placing the phone on the table next to the man, "Hello again, Master Adimari. I've put you on speakerphone, so the former Infernalist I mentioned can have a word with you. I'll be briefly in the adjacent room, so you can get a moment's privacy, alright?"

[Briefing, 2.15]
Anja wrote:"Possible but not likely your scrambler make you harder to scry magickally but most wards are not scrying they just detect the pressence of something supernatural. It is not likely it is body heat that they are set to go off with or movement as then they would be useful in a night club. But they likely detect supernatural pressences and someone using your scrambler will still be a supernatural pressence. I do not think we can reply on that."
Jeffry replied.
He nodded, "True enough. It will make tracking harder once inside, though, so there's that."

Anja wrote:"So then in your idea Mr Wainwright we are helples leaves being thrown about by the winds of fate, or at the best a ship that can adust it course a little but will still be controlled by the winds unnable to do anything to enact our own will, no I will not allow that or live in such a way!"
Jeffry said angrily.
"My path is mine and mine alone fate be damned!, divinations into the future can give a indication of what will happen if nothing is done and advice but that is all I will ever take it as."
He shook his head, "Not at all, Sir. Just because the wind blows toward a reef, a ship can sail in the any other direction, so long as the crew sets their mind to it. Fate might push us toward a reef, but once we know the reef is there, we can better decide how to work against the wind."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:42 am

[Steelhaven, 1.30]

Colin nodded and redialed, putting the conversation on speakerphone and placing the phone on the table next to the man, "Hello again, Master Adimari. I've put you on speakerphone, so the former Infernalist I mentioned can have a word with you. I'll be briefly in the adjacent room, so you can get a moment's privacy, alright?"

"Goodday Mer Wainwright, very well I will have a talk with him."
Udella said then she adressed the infernalist.
"Hello young man I am Master Udella Adimari Hermes bani Guernicus...let us see what we can figure out about your case."
The infernalist gave a skeptical grunt as a reply though.

[Briefing, 2.15]

He nodded, "True enough. It will make tracking harder once inside, though, so there's that."

"It is worth casting and we will see what benefits it can give but we have to focus more on getting the ward creator to somewhere we can speak with her and not assume the scrambler will protect us from triggering them."
Jeffry agreed.

He shook his head, "Not at all, Sir. Just because the wind blows toward a reef, a ship can sail in the any other direction, so long as the crew sets their mind to it. Fate might push us toward a reef, but once we know the reef is there, we can better decide how to work against the wind."

"Very well Mr Wainwright but we can still nto assume things will work out exactly as in your vision we have to figure out a way to get the best possible reasult and while I will take your vision as a helpful guide we have to do the job ourselves and we can not relax in this."
The Security Chief replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Colin's Post:

'Who says you can't put, like painkillers on it or something?' Nicole quipped. 'But folks will be interested, like. The possibility of say, growing organic craft is... interesting.'

[Briefing, 2.15]

Anja's Post:

'Think that's your job.' looking to Colin. 'I've got stakes and drivers to sort.'

Anja's Post:

'Thanks. I'll be round as soon as.' Nicole replied with a nod.

Collin's Post:

'I can answer that now; no. The bowl shape will make it too hard to work into a stake with the lathe and I don't trust my woodworking skill to work on something that small.' Nicole replied. 'Unless we have a proper carpenter on-call?'

Anja's Post:

'Excellent. What else do we know about her?' putting her name below the picture, though using the Anglicised "Anderson".

Colin's Post:

Silently, Nicole readied her phone so she could take a photo of it.

Colin's Post:

A moment's silence as Nicole stared at the target's picture for a moment. 'I... think I can take him without killing. But it's a big if. If he's armed, unlikely. And I'll be screwed if he gets the advantage in close quarters. From the looks of it, he's heavier, taller and stronger than me. Even before any vampire mojo.'

'Wait. Perhaps we could lure one out of the building. Let's see that parking lot feed again.' switching over to see what cars were parked out, wondering if it was possible to set the bouncer up to come out looking to beat the crap out of the one trying to steal his ride, only to walk into an ambush...

Anja's Post:

'So, we've got a gap between fourteen and seventeen-hundred [hours]... dusk is...' calling up her internet browser and a site called 'Moonphase' - something she had already bookmarked. '-sixteen-fifty seven. We're three hours ahead... so the window is between seventeen and twenty-hundred hours, Boston time.'

'Now, where in Seattle is the Chantry, sir? Need to work out time to travel. Thank God it's Sunday.' fingers clicking on the keyboard as Nicole closed several unneeded tabs and opened up a route planner.

Anja's Post:

'...I will use any tool I am offered...' the Etherite repeated softly, seemingly more to herself than anything else. 'Anyway, sir. The vampire's hidey-hole or whatever is clearly in the basement-' pulling up the electrical outline map '-is it possible to create a shield or something here-' a thick line appearing on the screen, as though placing a cap over the basement '-so if it does explode it won't cause damage on the surface?'

[There's no point (in my opinion) playing that scene without Morrigan because that scene was basically designed to be a disguised infodump and social scene, not an 'plotline' one]

[Sorry about delay, peoples! If I've missed something, let me know!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:02 pm

[Briefing, 2.15]

'Thanks. I'll be round as soon as.' Nicole replied with a nod.

"Very well Miss Bouchard."
Anton said he waited until he was dismissed by Jeffry then he headed of to the basement to make use of one of the labs there.

'I can answer that now; no. The bowl shape will make it too hard to work into a stake with the lathe and I don't trust my woodworking skill to work on something that small.' Nicole replied. 'Unless we have a proper carpenter on-call?'

"So I should not get the bowl?"
Henrietta asked stopping halfway out of the room.
"I don't think we have a carpenter on hand no."

'Excellent. What else do we know about her?' putting her name below the picture, though using the Anglicised "Anderson".

"Hum...not much she keeps herself off social media for obious reason...she seam to be a baker of trade, born in Sweeden. I remember her being friendly but reserved."
Jon replied.

A moment's silence as Nicole stared at the target's picture for a moment. 'I... think I can take him without killing. But it's a big if. If he's armed, unlikely. And I'll be screwed if he gets the advantage in close quarters. From the looks of it, he's heavier, taller and stronger than me. Even before any vampire mojo.'

'Wait. Perhaps we could lure one out of the building. Let's see that parking lot feed again.' switching over to see what cars were parked out, wondering if it was possible to set the bouncer up to come out looking to beat the crap out of the one trying to steal his ride, only to walk into an ambush...

Right now there was four cards parked outside the club, they looked rather non descript though so it was hard to say which one if any belonged to Big Chris. Fran nodded at that.
"Hum...what about that shock thing you can do with your hand, that might give you an advantage, but yes if we could get one of them out of the club that would be an advantage."

So, we've got a gap between fourteen and seventeen-hundred [hours]... dusk is...' calling up her internet browser and a site called 'Moonphase' - something she had already bookmarked. '-sixteen-fifty seven. We're three hours ahead... so the window is between seventeen and twenty-hundred hours, Boston time.'

'Now, where in Seattle is the Chantry, sir? Need to work out time to travel. Thank God it's Sunday.' fingers clicking on the keyboard as Nicole closed several unneeded tabs and opened up a route planner.

"The Chantry is in West Seattle not to far from George Town or so my contact there said."
Jeffry replied.

...I will use any tool I am offered...' the Etherite repeated softly, seemingly more to herself than anything else. 'Anyway, sir. The vampire's hidey-hole or whatever is clearly in the basement-' pulling up the electrical outline map '-is it possible to create a shield or something here-' a thick line appearing on the screen, as though placing a cap over the basement '-so if it does explode it won't cause damage on the surface?'

Jeffry looked at the lay out and nodded.
"It would be a big Kinetic Shield but yes i should be able to do so as a safety precaution indeed."
He said with a nod.

(OOC: Very well depending on whatever or not Jeremy feel the same.)
(OOC 2: Other than the freshly started out with helena and Fran to buy weapons and ammo thread you wanted I posted. And no probem at all post when you have the time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Nicole wrote:'Who says you can't put, like painkillers on it or something?' Nicole quipped. 'But folks will be interested, like. The possibility of say, growing organic craft is... interesting.'
Colin smiled thinly, "Now, now, there's tissue samples, and there's tissue samples. I won't refuse someone to take cell samples from exposed organs, skin, blood, that sort of thing, provided they're careful. How do you calculate the necessary sedative dose for something weighing a few thousand tonnes?"

[Steelhaven, 1.30]
Anja wrote:"Goodday Mer Wainwright, very well I will have a talk with him."
Udella said then she adressed the infernalist.
"Hello young man I am Master Udella Adimari Hermes bani Guernicus...let us see what we can figure out about your case."
The infernalist gave a skeptical grunt as a reply though.
He nodded, "I'll leave you two to it, then."
Making sure the phone was placed steady on the table, he stepped into Flavian's room and checked on him, leaving the door only barely cracked open, so he could hear that they were having a conversation without necessarily eavesdropping on it. Had to allow for some attorney-client privacy, after all.

[Briefing, 2.15]
Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Wainwright but we can still nto assume things will work out exactly as in your vision we have to figure out a way to get the best possible reasult and while I will take your vision as a helpful guide we have to do the job ourselves and we can not relax in this."
The Security Chief replied.
Nicole wrote:'...I will use any tool I am offered...' the Etherite repeated softly, seemingly more to herself than anything else. 'Anyway, sir. The vampire's hidey-hole or whatever is clearly in the basement-' pulling up the electrical outline map '-is it possible to create a shield or something here-' a thick line appearing on the screen, as though placing a cap over the basement '-so if it does explode it won't cause damage on the surface?'
Anja wrote:Jeffry looked at the lay out and nodded.
"It would be a big Kinetic Shield but yes i should be able to do so as a safety precaution indeed."
He said with a nod.
He nodded, "We know the wind's direction, and where some of the reefs are. We can decide our course from there. And hope we make the best decisions..."

Nicole wrote:A moment's silence as Nicole stared at the target's picture for a moment. 'I... think I can take him without killing. But it's a big if. If he's armed, unlikely. And I'll be screwed if he gets the advantage in close quarters. From the looks of it, he's heavier, taller and stronger than me. Even before any vampire mojo.'

Anja wrote:Right now there was four cards parked outside the club, they looked rather non descript though so it was hard to say which one if any belonged to Big Chris. Fran nodded at that.
"Hum...what about that shock thing you can do with your hand, that might give you an advantage, but yes if we could get one of them out of the club that would be an advantage."
He nodded, "Your call, Nick, but... I honestly don't know if that will be more merciful; I'm not sure what will happen to the man after his blood patron disappears. Maybe he'll just go on as an ordinary mortal once the blood wears off, or maybe time will catch up with him... who knows how long he's been a ghoul."

Nicole wrote:'Think that's your job.' looking to Colin. 'I've got stakes and drivers to sort.'
He nodded, "I think we can place the call once we see the state of the servers and such."

Nicole wrote:'I can answer that now; no. The bowl shape will make it too hard to work into a stake with the lathe and I don't trust my woodworking skill to work on something that small.' Nicole replied. 'Unless we have a proper carpenter on-call?'
Anja wrote:"So I should not get the bowl?"
Henrietta asked stopping halfway out of the room.
"I don't think we have a carpenter on hand no."
He nodded, "I suppose you could make something like a curved blade, using the bowl's shape, but... probably easier with the oak or walnut."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:02 pm

[Steelhaven, 1.30]

[quoteHe nodded, "I'll leave you two to it, then."][/quote]

The infernalist nodded to that as he continued his conversation with Udella.

Making sure the phone was placed steady on the table, he stepped into Flavian's room and checked on him, leaving the door only barely cracked open, so he could hear that they were having a conversation without necessarily eavesdropping on it. Had to allow for some attorney-client privacy, after all.

As the conversation between the former infernalist and Udella continued you went into the bedroom to check on Flavian, the Hermetic sat on the bed looking tired but considerably better than yesterday, his hands was in cuffs in his lap but he was otherwise free to move around. Flavian looked up when he saw Colin and grunt.
"Hum...it is you...what do you want?"

[Briefing, 2.15]

He nodded, "We know the wind's direction, and where some of the reefs are. We can decide our course from there. And hope we make the best decisions..."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Your call, Nick, but... I honestly don't know if that will be more merciful; I'm not sure what will happen to the man after his blood patron disappears. Maybe he'll just go on as an ordinary mortal once the blood wears off, or maybe time will catch up with him... who knows how long he's been a ghoul."

"Once we have him in custody we can ask him, if he have been a ghoul for hindreds of years then perhaps the Good Death will be a mercy and one I am willing to offer, if he can still have a life without his mistress well that will be up to the Masters, he have worked for this monster after all."
Fran said with a disaproving frown.

He nodded, "I think we can place the call once we see the state of the servers and such."

"Well since I am constantly being told to find out the names of like three hundred patrons and personal date for each of them and everything there is to know about this person or that hacking into the servers takes a bit longer."
Jon commented sounding a bit stressed.

He nodded, "I suppose you could make something like a curved blade, using the bowl's shape, but... probably easier with the oak or walnut."

"Well oak is traditional Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said with a wry smile.
"It seams an...appropriate choice."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next