Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

4 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 17 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Nicole wrote:'They want three thou abstracts on "Inventions of the Century", not a hundred-word "How To: Stake Vampire".' she replied dismissively, thrusting out her chest as she stretched out her back - the drilling had really been an uncomfortable position for her, due to height. 'Quarterly might be interested, mind... for their "Tit-bit" section.' hand fingering a pocket for a moment before heading out to get the vampire's crate.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, publication is publication... and being able to describe hands-on experiences in a way a lab rat might understand and benefit from is also valuable data. 'Advanced Stakes: The Marble-Skinned Vampire Gambit' could still earn a spot of coin and academic credit, even if it's not much."

Anja wrote:"She took it..."
The kinfolk sobbed as he huddeled on the floor.
"She took it...ripped it out of me...I want my mother!"
He cried desperatly. Jeffry gave you a dark look, the old Hermetic had turned a little pale.
He nodded to Morgan, then knelt down by the man, "I know one of your kin, Alessa, she lives with my Cabalmate in Boston. She might be able to help find your mother... Our finest healer will come close to you, now, to help mend your injuries, and another good young man will help calm your mind, okay? We're not going to hurt you, and we'll try to set things right... and end the thief, once and for all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 17 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:17 am

[Club, 2.30]

Anja wrote:"Well if you want to learn how to sew Serge I could teach you."
Fran offered.
Nicole wrote:'Not pants - they get dinged up too quick. A good bag, like a Goruck. With weight reduction.' highlighting the universal experience of infantry since organized warfare began; the feeling of being a packmule.

"Pfft c'mon. You don't want extra-dimensional parachute pants?" Serge said with a chuckle, clearly on a much different wavelength regarding such a tool. "If that's what you want fine. Though don't be afraid to be creative Nicole. There's a thing to be said about the style. The aesthetic. The fact that pulling something out of your pocket is a lot faster than pulling something out of a bag."

Anja wrote:"The guy was...a mage."
Amadeus said putting emphasis on the word was. You got intot he bed room and saw Colin trying to help a terrified man on the floor, he was in his 20's with dark brown hair and eyes, the guy was gull of bruises, cuts, puncture marks and other sings of torture and he was curled up on the floor sometimes praying to Ananasa sometimes just sobbing and sometimes screaming he wanted his mother or saying that someone took something, his voice bearly a whisper from screaming so much. The ma was pale and full of sweat and terrified of everything.
Colin wrote:He nodded to Morgan, then knelt down by the man, "I know one of your kin, Alessa, she lives with my Cabalmate in Boston. She might be able to help find your mother... Our finest healer will come close to you, now, to help mend your injuries, and another good young man will help calm your mind, okay? We're not going to hurt you, and we'll try to set things right... and end the thief, once and for all."

"We'll get you to your mother. And we'll get you to safety. Your god will make sure of that. Just as they made sure to destroy the person who dared to harm their child." Serge said softly getting to his knees to try and bring himself level with the man.

"The vampire took something precious from you. But there are still precious things in your life. Your Mother. Can you describe her to me?"

As he spoke the other mages would notice that Serge had already began drawing with the ice pencil without even having his eyes on it. His hands simply moved on their own as he consoled the man, drawing a small statue of the man alongside a formless figure that they could assume was the mother figure. Details waiting to be filled in once the man had provided them.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:21 am

[Club, 2.30]

'Compared to what I've seen today, I've got no right to complain...'

Fran nodded but she still looked a bit concerned.

'We're already overstreched. And... I think it'll be night in Boston by now. I say it goes to local, then back with us.' she replied, going up the stairs to get the crate. 'But it ain't my call, really.'

"I suspect that the Chief will not be so happy about creating a diplomatic incident by bringing a powerful vampire into another Chantry."
The Euthanathos said as she headed up the stairs after Nicole.
"But I guess you ca ask him. It should not matter if it is night though the vampire should be pretty well restrained."

He nodded to Morgan, then knelt down by the man, "I know one of your kin, Alessa, she lives with my Cabalmate in Boston. She might be able to help find your mother... Our finest healer will come close to you, now, to help mend your injuries, and another good young man will help calm your mind, okay? We're not going to hurt you, and we'll try to set things right... and end the thief, once and for all."

"No...no...she took it!"
The man cried and he tried to get away fro you and Amadeus feebly, not trusting that anyone would not hurt him. e could not really move to much thorugh he was to hurt.

"We'll get you to your mother. And we'll get you to safety. Your god will make sure of that. Just as they made sure to destroy the person who dared to harm their child." Serge said softly getting to his knees to try and bring himself level with the man.

"Ananasa try...I hear her voice..."
The man muttered softly and he looked at Serge with his tear filled eyes.
"There is no balance to be found..."
He babbeled.

"The vampire took something precious from you. But there are still precious things in your life. Your Mother. Can you describe her to me?"

As he spoke the other mages would notice that Serge had already began drawing with the ice pencil without even having his eyes on it. His hands simply moved on their own as he consoled the man, drawing a small statue of the man alongside a formless figure that they could assume was the mother figure. Details waiting to be filled in once the man had provided them.

"M...my mother she...she is kind, she used to send a part of herself with me...in my lunch box when I was afraid to go to school...when I was afraid to go to sleep she would...let me sleep on her body with my head on her abdomen as se walked around."
He said then he needed to rest his voice was bearely audiable.
"She...dye her hair these crazy colors...and she punish bad pepole on the internet...when the headaster of my school would not deal with the bullying I went through for not being good at sports...she ate him...I want my mother!"
He cried but at least his attention was on Serge now so Amadeus could get a little closer to begin healing is physical wounds.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:40 am

[Club, 2.30]

Serge's Post:

A short pause before replying. 'Pants take longer to put on than simply grabbing a bag, like. Plus, you wouldn't be able to find a pair in my size.'

Anja's Post:

'Oh no, they won't be happy.' Nicole replied, sarcasm heavy, picking up one end of the top crate and indicating to put it aside. 'Their desire for a quiet life would have led to the continued torture of our own. I think they need to be reminded of this. And if that Kwan bitches, I'll give him a piece of my mind.' now bending down to pick up the lower one.

'About the stake... confident enough in that, Fran? The chips you're betting include Cava, Anna, Bee, them folks in the sickbay... knowing the majority of the best combat-wise are out here, that an guard overstretch might cause a prisoner escape or be unable to successfully defend against a last-ditch rescue mission?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:12 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Oh no, they won't be happy.' Nicole replied, sarcasm heavy, picking up one end of the top crate and indicating to put it aside. 'Their desire for a quiet life would have led to the continued torture of our own. I think they need to be reminded of this. And if that Kwan bitches, I'll give him a piece of my mind.' now bending down to pick up the lower one.

"The problem Nicole is that if Steelhaven pull something like that and just throw a vampire at another Chantry then the next time we ask for help, no one will be willing to deal with us, it is not about them being happy, it is about our ability to survive the next time there is a crisis, and to be able to do that we are goign to be able to have diplomatic relations with other Chantries."
Fran replied.

'About the stake... confident enough in that, Fran? The chips you're betting include Cava, Anna, Bee, them folks in the sickbay... knowing the majority of the best combat-wise are out here, that an guard overstretch might cause a prisoner escape or be unable to successfully defend against a last-ditch rescue mission?'

"Again I do not want to risk anyone Nicole and least of all our children and non combatats, however asking another Chantry to take the risk so that we don't have to means more danger to them since such a move will make us extremely unpopular meaning chances are the next time we ask for help we will nto get it. Also if the stake is palced right I am fairly confident tat it should contain the vampire yes."
The death maga said as she oved to help remove the top of the crate lid.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:55 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Anja's Post:

She consider this for a moment before replying while going down the stairs with the crate. 'I question that, actually. We're based in a major metro[polis] and we're at that happy point of being big enough to have capabilities but not so big hiring us would cost your very pants. Plus, you've got a bit of a rep of being folks who get the job done; and no plan survives contact with reality. Anybody who don't understand that ain't really worth impressing.'

Anja's Post:

The Etherite gave a tutting sound to this. 'Exhibit A on "why we are losing to the Union". They fight as a team, most of us only look to our own 'hood and fuck everything else. Reminds me of them bureaucrats in dying empires, pushing around memos and fretting about awards, ignoring the fact the place is about to go under.' a short pause before continuing;

'Though I'd love to see if they refuse to help that tortured mage we found on the basis "it wasn't in the agreement".'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:38 pm

[Club, 2.30]

She consider this for a moment before replying while going down the stairs with the crate. 'I question that, actually. We're based in a major metro[polis] and we're at that happy point of being big enough to have capabilities but not so big hiring us would cost your very pants. Plus, you've got a bit of a rep of being folks who get the job done; and no plan survives contact with reality. Anybody who don't understand that ain't really worth impressing.'

"We are not big and important enough that we can treat other Chantreis like shit and expect them to still deal with us, and briging a vampire to another chantry without having cleared that with them first is very much treating that Chantry like shit. It do not matter if our help can be hired cheaply if we can not be trusted and doing a stunt like what you suggjest very much will prove we can nto be trusted."
Fran said as she helped you carry the crate down the stairs.

The Etherite gave a tutting sound to this. 'Exhibit A on "why we are losing to the Union". They fight as a team, most of us only look to our own 'hood and fuck everything else. Reminds me of them bureaucrats in dying empires, pushing around memos and fretting about awards, ignoring the fact the place is about to go under.' a short pause before continuing;

"The Union supress freedom and induviduality, one of the advantages of that is that you can work like a unit, like the Borg, when pepole have freedom to govern themselves they will have induvidual interestes, I will take induvidual itnerest over the org any day of the week."
The death maga replied.

'Though I'd love to see if they refuse to help that tortured mage we found on the basis "it wasn't in the agreement".'

"I suspect they will be willing to help the rescued mages that is something quite differently from dumping a vampire into their laps."
The death maga said wtih a sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:00 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Nicole wrote:A short pause before replying. 'Pants take longer to put on than simply grabbing a bag, like. Plus, you wouldn't be able to find a pair in my size.'

"All right, but I'm still putting decals on the bag. I don't know of what but it'll probably be Zoidburg. Why? Cause I think it'd be hilarious."

Anja wrote:"Ananasa try...I hear her voice..."
He babbeled.

He only knew vaguely what Ananasa was. A spirit that the were-spiders coveted. Although he wasn't sure about the values that spirit portrayed. All of the were-creatures he had talked to had been so different from each other. It would be risky talking about Ananasa without knowing too much about her but Serge felt like it could help calm the man's nerves.

"Balance must be created. Maintained. And preserved." he said softly as he focused on his drawing, knowing the risk he was talking. "And today we have stepped a little closer to a balance."

Anja wrote:"M...my mother she...she is kind, she used to send a part of herself with me...in my lunch box when I was afraid to go to school...when I was afraid to go to sleep she would...let me sleep on her body with my head on her abdomen as se walked around."
"She...dye her hair these crazy colors...and she punish bad people on the internet...when the headaster of my school would not deal with the bullying I went through for not being good at sports...she ate him...I want my mother!"
He cried but at least his attention was on Serge now so Amadeus could get a little closer to begin healing is physical wounds.

"Ahhh yes. Abdomen. And eating her child's enemies. Like a good mother should." Serge said with a nod know realizing that the mother's ice statue would need several arachnoid-esque additions. This was a little annoying for Serge as he knew that, unlike werewolves, were-spiders forms could vary quite considerably from creature to creature.

"Your mother loved you very much. Take a look at this." Serge show slowly pushing the unfinished sculpture near the man.

It showed the man himself, standing upright and healthy alongside a figure of ice that hadn't been detailed in yet. "Can you try and describe what your mother looked like. I can try and draw her. So that you can be a little bit closer to her. Feel free to describe either her spider form or her human form. Whichever one is more comfortable to you." Serge said, wanting to keep the man's thought on his mother and away from his situation.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:17 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Anja's Post:

'What the fuck are you going on about? I wouldn't try to sneak it in or dump it on them. Even if I thought we could get away with it.' sounding rather offended. After all, Nicole was a woman who - to her own admission - "spent half my life being shit on from above". And despite her myriad of social failures, she was a woman who tried her best to treat those less than her respectfully.

Anja's Post:

'So, it's fine to ignore an apartment fire on the basis it's not your one filled with smoke?' Nicole replied, arching an eyebrow. 'The whole point of the Traditions in the first place was strength in collective action. But that don't mean much if in reality, the Union could do a salami strategy on us, city by city.'

'Someone open the door, like.' halting near it, to go back into the lounge.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:07 pm

[Club, 2.30]

He only knew vaguely what Ananasa was. A spirit that the were-spiders coveted. Although he wasn't sure about the values that spirit portrayed. All of the were-creatures he had talked to had been so different from each other. It would be risky talking about Ananasa without knowing too much about her but Serge felt like it could help calm the man's nerves.

"Balance must be created. Maintained. And preserved." he said softly as he focused on his drawing, knowing the risk he was talking. "And today we have stepped a little closer to a balance."

"Yes...balance must be created...ad maintained...everything is out of balance now...but balance can be...re created...that is what Ananasa wants."
The wounded man muttered. He seaed to focus on Serge as he spoke.

"Ahhh yes. Abdomen. And eating her child's enemies. Like a good mother should." Serge said with a nod know realizing that the mother's ice statue would need several arachnoid-esque additions. This was a little annoying for Serge as he knew that, unlike werewolves, were-spiders forms could vary quite considerably from creature to creature.

"Mother...protects me..."
He man managed he had to rest between each time he spoke but now that he was focused on Serge Amadeus was able to get over to him, the Verbena carved some runes into his own harm and started softly chanting, the wonded man jumped but at least he did nto completely panic.

"Your mother loved you very much. Take a look at this." Serge show slowly pushing the unfinished sculpture near the man.

It showed the man himself, standing upright and healthy alongside a figure of ice that hadn't been detailed in yet. "Can you try and describe what your mother looked like. I can try and draw her. So that you can be a little bit closer to her. Feel free to describe either her spider form or her human form. Whichever one is more comfortable to you." Serge said, wanting to keep the man's thought on his mother and away from his situation.

"She is small...with freckles...ad long, dyed hair. She is really good with computers and is really smart."
The man whispered as he looked at the ice sculpture.
"She don't eat so she is not that good at cooking but we order in and she sit watching me eat...and she sings..."
He whispered.
"She is a...wolf spider...small and brown...or big and brown...with stripes...she is so pretty..."

'What the fuck are you going on about? I wouldn't try to sneak it in or dump it on them. Even if I thought we could get away with it.' sounding rather offended. After all, Nicole was a woman who - to her own admission - "spent half my life being shit on from above". And despite her myriad of social failures, she was a woman who tried her best to treat those less than her respectfully.

"Well you said we should take the vampire to the Chantry so I assumed you meant just take her there since there is no way in hell they will say yes if asked."
Fran said raising an eyebrow.

So, it's fine to ignore an apartment fire on the basis it's not your one filled with smoke?' Nicole replied, arching an eyebrow. 'The whole point of the Traditions in the first place was strength in collective action. But that don't mean much if in reality, the Union could do a salami strategy on us, city by city.'

"Strength in collective action is not the same as always agreeing to help out others who you do not trust Nicole, trust is earned and easily lost, and freedom mean one have the right to not jump when another Chantry ask for help. Most Chantries do help one another but if one get a bad reputition then they are likely to be left to fend for itself."
The death maga said.
"You do not have to like it but it is what is reality ad it is relaity you have to deal with."

'Someone open the door, like.' halting near it, to go back into the lounge.

Henrietta hurried to open the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:02 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Anja wrote:"No...no...she took it!"
The man cried and he tried to get away fro you and Amadeus feebly, not trusting that anyone would not hurt him. e could not really move to much thorugh he was to hurt.
Colin didn't approach further, just watched the poor man, ready to move if he looked like he was about to hurt himself, but not pressuring him before that.

Jeremy wrote:"We'll get you to your mother. And we'll get you to safety. Your god will make sure of that. Just as they made sure to destroy the person who dared to harm their child." Serge said softly getting to his knees to try and bring himself level with the man.
Anja wrote:"Ananasa try...I hear her voice..."
He babbeled.
Jeremy wrote:He only knew vaguely what Ananasa was. A spirit that the were-spiders coveted. Although he wasn't sure about the values that spirit portrayed. All of the were-creatures he had talked to had been so different from each other. It would be risky talking about Ananasa without knowing too much about her but Serge felt like it could help calm the man's nerves.

Anja wrote:"Yes...balance must be created...ad maintained...everything is out of balance now...but balance can be...re created...that is what Ananasa wants."
The wounded man muttered. He seaed to focus on Serge as he spoke.
He gave Serge an approving nod, whispering inward to Mia, 'Anyone in there know much about Ananasa and Ananasi worship?'

Jeremy wrote:"The vampire took something precious from you. But there are still precious things in your life. Your Mother. Can you describe her to me?"

Anja wrote:"M...my mother she...she is kind, she used to send a part of herself with me...in my lunch box when I was afraid to go to school...when I was afraid to go to sleep she would...let me sleep on her body with my head on her abdomen as se walked around."
"She...dye her hair these crazy colors...and she punish bad pepole on the internet...when the headaster of my school would not deal with the bullying I went through for not being good at sports...she ate him...I want my mother!"
Jeremy wrote:"Ahhh yes. Abdomen. And eating her child's enemies. Like a good mother should." Serge said with a nod know realizing that the mother's ice statue would need several arachnoid-esque additions. This was a little annoying for Serge as he knew that, unlike werewolves, were-spiders forms could vary quite considerably from creature to creature.
Anja wrote:"Mother...protects me..."
He man managed he had to rest between each time he spoke but now that he was focused on Serge Amadeus was able to get over to him, the Verbena carved some runes into his own harm and started softly chanting, the wonded man jumped but at least he did nto completely panic.
Jeremy wrote:"Your mother loved you very much. Take a look at this." Serge show slowly pushing the unfinished sculpture near the man.

Anja wrote:"She is small...with freckles...ad long, dyed hair. She is really good with computers and is really smart."
"She don't eat so she is not that good at cooking but we order in and she sit watching me eat...and she sings..."
He whispered.
"She is a...wolf spider...small and brown...or big and brown...with stripes...she is so pretty..."
He quickly thumbed through the burner phone's browser, pulling up a few pictures of wolf spiders and sliding the phone over toward Serge, so he could use the references, all the while maintaining his vigil over the poor man.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:24 am

[Club, 2.30]

Colin didn't approach further, just watched the poor man, ready to move if he looked like he was about to hurt himself, but not pressuring him before that.

The poor prisoner did ot seam to have fight enough left in him to hurt himself.

He gave Serge an approving nod, whispering inward to Mia, 'Anyone in there know much about Ananasa and Ananasi worship?'

You got a strange sensation, like someone flippig through an archive in your soul then someone stepped forewards.
"Hello I am Melissa Larranine."
A female voice said cheerfully.
"My knowledge is secod hand but a member of my Cabal worked closely with Fera...wll Ananasi are not actually Fera but still they are part of the same system...ok so this is what my Cabalmate siad, the shapechangers personify the three base forces, Dyamism, Entropy and Stasis as three poweful Celestines, now they believe Stasis went mad and imprisoned Entropy because she was tried of him destroying her stuff, this destroyed the balance between the three and lead to all the problems the world have...in short. Now each Celestine created thee Incarna, representation of core concepts of the world, Stasis created Science, The Macine and the Patriarch...but she also created Ananasa a daugter. Some believe she created Ananasa to be an heir, a new Weaver as she is called and some believe she created Aanasa to be a forth main power, balance. In many way this entity stand for the same as the Traditions do, we neither want the Entropy of the Nephandi, or the Dynamism of the Marauders or the Stasis of the Technocrazy, we want balance. Ananasa created the Ananasi, her own shapechangers and the majority of them and their kinfolk worship her as their tribal totem and work to achieve the balance she stands for."
Melissa explained.
"That is abotu all I know."

He quickly thumbed through the burner phone's browser, pulling up a few pictures of wolf spiders and sliding the phone over toward Serge, so he could use the references, all the while maintaining his vigil over the poor man.

Serge the image o the burner phone was a pale brown, striped spider with quite long legs, it looked to be half way betwee a tarantula and a true spider, it was a bit more chunky then most true spiders but not so much as a tarantula.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:24 am

[Club, 2.30]

Serge's Post:

A small shake of the head to this.

Anja's Post:

'I am not so sure 'bout that. As you say, it is secured. Quite literally, all we're asking for is one person to watch the box for half-hour or so, ready to let in the sun if there's a breakout.'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah yeah, I know this record. Let's skip to the end of it. I say change is needed. You say A; change is all too much, B; it's the way it's always been done or C; there is no need to change. My reply is then we will lose the war, you demand 400-page manual of a alt plan with diagrams, otherwise I'm to be silent. Result; inertia has won again.' the Etherite replied tartly, clearly having had variants of the same discussion repeatedly, always running along the same rails. Constantly pushing back against the vested interests, the weight of tradition, the comforts of the familiar status quo and the desires to not rock the boat. Against the nagging feeling that they were heading for a huge crash-up...

'But I do have a couple ideas, like. Like more regional cross-Chantry working. That shit with that Worcester lot took the fucking cake. What, did they think they would be safe if Boston fell?' moving through the doorway into the bedroom with the crate, effectively ending the conversation.

[Thought I'd simply wrap that conversation up in one, as it is one we've had before.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:37 am

[Club, 2.30]

'I am not so sure 'bout that. As you say, it is secured. Quite literally, all we're asking for is one person to watch the box for half-hour or so, ready to let in the sun if there's a breakout.'

"Let us say the Seattle Chantry agree to this what benefit would it be to us to keep the vampire at their Chantry for twenty minutes?"
Fran asked raised an eyebrow.

'Yeah yeah, I know this record. Let's skip to the end of it. I say change is needed. You say A; change is all too much, B; it's the way it's always been done or C; there is no need to change. My reply is then we will lose the war, you demand 400-page manual of a alt plan with diagrams, otherwise I'm to be silent. Result; inertia has won again.' the Etherite replied tartly, clearly having had variants of the same discussion repeatedly, always running along the same rails. Constantly pushing back against the vested interests, the weight of tradition, the comforts of the familiar status quo and the desires for conformity. Against the nagging feeling that they were heading for a huge crash-up...

To be honest Nicole I would rather die to a Technocrat's bullet than to live in a hell where there is no freedom and everyone have to dance to the same pipe."
Fran said simply.
"Also complaining withotu having some idea of how to change what you are complaining about is just that, complaiing and that do not win any wars either. ow off course there are change that should happen tot he Traditions, makig us all some damned gray army that all act as one is not the way to go, then we might as well be Technocrats."
The death maga shook her head.

'But I do have a couple ideas, like. Like more regional cross-Chantry working. That shit with that Worcester lot took the fucking cake. What, did they think they would be safe if Boston fell?' moving through the doorway into the bedroom with the crate, effectively ending the conversation.

"And how would you orgaize this?"
Fran asked.
"I agree more cross Chantry cooperation would be nice but how would you handle administration, what would the rules be, how to balance thigns so that some chantries interests are nto compeltely overruled by the will of bigger Chantries?"

You two talked as you retuned to Lilyandra's apartent.
"Let us get the vampire int he box."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:13 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... don't have to worry 'bout our side getting overloaded guard-wise?' giving a little frown.

Anja's Post:

'I stand corrected. D; there's only two options, and I don't like the other one.' she retorted. Looked as though she was going to say something, but then changed her mind - trying a different tack.

'Fran... do you even know what I majored on? The thing that got me out of being an apprentice?'

Anja's Post:

'Four hundred pages, right now!' was Nicole's reply, though with a bit of a smile as she said it, as they brought the crate into the bedroom.

[Let the others catch up now... plus, perhaps time for 2.45?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:40 pm

[Club, 2.30]

'Erm... don't have to worry 'bout our side getting overloaded guard-wise?' giving a little frown.

"How are 20 minutes going to change anything? We will not have more pepole 20 miuntes later and we are keeping the vampire more than 20 minutes."
Fran asked raising a yebrow.

'I stand corrected. D; there's only two options, and I don't like the other one.' she retorted. Looked as though she was going to say something, but then changed her mind - trying a different tack.

'Fran... do you even know what I majored on? The thing that got me out of being an apprentice?'

"Like I said by all means give another option that works."
The death maga said.
"No I do ot believe you ever told me what you majored in, what was it?"

'Four hundred pages, right now!' was Nicole's reply, though with a bit of a smile as she said it, as they brought the crate into the bedroom.

The Euthanathos just shake her head though she gave you a wry smile then headed into the bedroom where the rest was trying to calm down a terrified prisoner.

(OOC: I can have ti be 2: 45 next time I post. I do not blieve Fran ad Nicole are sigificatly before the others in time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:45 am

[Club, 2.30]

Anja wrote:"Yes...balance must be created...ad maintained...everything is out of balance now...but balance can be...re created...that is what Ananasa wants."
The wounded man muttered. He seemed to focus on Serge as he spoke.

"What we've done here today will likely please Ananasa. For we've stepped closer to balance. And we've saved one of her precious kinfolk." Serge said with a nod, "Though it was likely because of Ananasa that we succeeded. It seems she's answered your prayers."

Anja wrote:"Mother...protects me..."
He man managed he had to rest between each time he spoke but now that he was focused on Serge Amadeus was able to get over to him, the Verbena carved some runes into his own harm and started softly chanting, the wounded man jumped but at least he did not completely panic.
Anja wrote:"She is small...with freckles...ad long, dyed hair. She is really good with computers and is really smart."
He whispered.
Colin wrote:He quickly thumbed through the burner phone's browser, pulling up a few pictures of wolf spiders and sliding the phone over toward Serge, so he could use the references, all the while maintaining his vigil over the poor man.
Anja wrote:Serge the image o the burner phone was a pale brown, striped spider with quite long legs, it looked to be half way betwee a tarantula and a true spider, it was a bit more chunky then most true spiders but not so much as a tarantula.

Serge listened to the instructions carefully and drew the described features onto the statue. Tiny dots on her face to represent freckles and long strands of hair that were divided into section. This was meant to represent her dyed hair, as he could not easily portray color while he was using the ice.

Using the pictures given to him by his cabal leader, he began to draw small wolf spiders all over the statues. Swarming aroudn and clinging to both the mother and the man himself. The man had mentioned how his mother sent a spider with him while he went to school after all. It was likely she had control over the creatures...or some other ability that could produce a myriad of spiders. So it was reasonable to think that the creatures would bring him a small amount of comfort. Like a representation of his mother or Ananasa watching over him.

"Your mothers.....sounds like the coolest person in the world. I mean...a were-spider that's an expert on the computer? So she's basically skilled at surfing the web? A spider skilled with surfing the web. That's honestly so perfect." he said with a smile as he pushed the statue forward towards the man. "It may not be the same. But I hope you can find comfort in this depiction of her. Perhaps it can tide you over until we can reunite you with the real thing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:24 am

[Club, 2.45]

"What we've done here today will likely please Ananasa. For we've stepped closer to balance. And we've saved one of her precious kinfolk." Serge said with a nod, "Though it was likely because of Ananasa that we succeeded. It seems she's answered your prayers."

This seamed to calm the man down a bit and he even smiled weakly.
"Yes Ananasa want balance not destruction...she led you hre...she led you here to destory the vampire."
He muttered softly.
"So she can not urt anyone else ever again."

Serge listened to the instructions carefully and drew the described features onto the statue. Tiny dots on her face to represent freckles and long strands of hair that were divided into section. This was meant to represent her dyed hair, as he could not easily portray color while he was using the ice.

Using the pictures given to him by his cabal leader, he began to draw small wolf spiders all over the statues. Swarming aroudn and clinging to both the mother and the man himself. The man had mentioned how his mother sent a spider with him while he went to school after all. It was likely she had control over the creatures...or some other ability that could produce a myriad of spiders. So it was reasonable to think that the creatures would bring him a small amount of comfort. Like a representation of his mother or Ananasa watching over him.

"Your mothers.....sounds like the coolest person in the world. I mean...a were-spider that's an expert on the computer? So she's basically skilled at surfing the web? A spider skilled with surfing the web. That's honestly so perfect." he said with a smile as he pushed the statue forward towards the man. "It may not be the same. But I hope you can find comfort in this depiction of her. Perhaps it can tide you over until we can reunite you with the real thing."

"You drew...my mother i ice...and my brothers and sisters..."
The man muttered reaching out a shaking hand towards the statue.
"Yes my mother is really cool...she eat the bad pepole, and tell me stories ad play computer games with me...she is a great mother...please tell her...where I am...I want my mother...and....and my Cabal they will be worried about me...tell me Cabal and my Mentor and my mother that I love them...Please."
He managed and as Amadeus healed him you could see the man was calmer now and he was about to fall asleep, he was completley exhausted and only terror held him awake and now that his fear was receeding sleep would soon claim him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:58 am

[Club, 2.30]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave Fran a stupid look. 'What are we, invisible? We can guard it. Just we are gonna have a gap of 'bout half hour between cargo being sent and us pulling out. In fact, if locals gonna be anal jerkwads, I'd prefer to keep it here with us than send it back East [to Boston] solo.'

Anja's Post:

'No. Saying X can be improved does not mean you have to immediately produce a full alternative ready to go. It does not work that way. In fact, that is the main line folks use to justify not changing anything!' Nicole shot back, losing her temper for a moment. 'Next road-block; 'we don't know it will work better, because it's not been tried'. Heard that one, too.'

Anja's Post:

'Military Science.' she said simply, seeing if this meant anything to the Euthanatoi.

[No, Nick and a lesser extent Serge have overshot Colin. Best to wait before that gap becomes hard to bridge; which is why I've left it at the point Fran/Nick come into the bedroom with the crate.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:49 am

[Club, 2.30]
Jeremy wrote:"What we've done here today will likely please Ananasa. For we've stepped closer to balance. And we've saved one of her precious kinfolk." Serge said with a nod, "Though it was likely because of Ananasa that we succeeded. It seems she's answered your prayers."
Anja wrote:This seamed to calm the man down a bit and he even smiled weakly.
"Yes Ananasa want balance not destruction...she led you hre...she led you here to destory the vampire."
He muttered softly.
Colin gave Serge a briefly worried look, "Careful speaking too confidently on behalf of a deity you're unfamiliar with. Not saying you're wrong, but it's easy to say something wrong."
Turning to the kinfolk, he added, "But yes, we've captured the vampiress, and she won't hurt anyone again... the Nephanda is next."

Anja wrote:You got a strange sensation, like someone flippig through an archive in your soul then someone stepped forewards.
"Hello I am Melissa Larranine."
A female voice said cheerfully.
"My knowledge is secod hand but a member of my Cabal worked closely with Fera...wll Ananasi are not actually Fera but still they are part of the same system...ok so this is what my Cabalmate siad, the shapechangers personify the three base forces, Dyamism, Entropy and Stasis as three poweful Celestines, now they believe Stasis went mad and imprisoned Entropy because she was tried of him destroying her stuff, this destroyed the balance between the three and lead to all the problems the world have...in short. Now each Celestine created thee Incarna, representation of core concepts of the world, Stasis created Science, The Macine and the Patriarch...but she also created Ananasa a daugter. Some believe she created Ananasa to be an heir, a new Weaver as she is called and some believe she created Aanasa to be a forth main power, balance. In many way this entity stand for the same as the Traditions do, we neither want the Entropy of the Nephandi, or the Dynamism of the Marauders or the Stasis of the Technocrazy, we want balance. Ananasa created the Ananasi, her own shapechangers and the majority of them and their kinfolk worship her as their tribal totem and work to achieve the balance she stands for."
Melissa explained.
"That is abotu all I know."
He nodded, thinking, 'Thank you, Miss Larraine... If you don't mind my asking, how did you come to be, hm, part of me?"

Anja wrote:Serge the image o the burner phone was a pale brown, striped spider with quite long legs, it looked to be half way betwee a tarantula and a true spider, it was a bit more chunky then most true spiders but not so much as a tarantula.
Jeremy wrote:Serge listened to the instructions carefully and drew the described features onto the statue. Tiny dots on her face to represent freckles and long strands of hair that were divided into section. This was meant to represent her dyed hair, as he could not easily portray color while he was using the ice.

Anja wrote:"You drew...my mother i ice...and my brothers and sisters..."
"Yes my mother is really cool...she eat the bad pepole, and tell me stories ad play computer games with me...she is a great mother...please tell her...where I am...I want my mother...and....and my Cabal they will be worried about me...tell me Cabal and my Mentor and my mother that I love them...Please."
He managed and as Amadeus healed him you could see the man was calmer now and he was about to fall asleep, he was completley exhausted and only terror held him awake and now that his fear was receeding sleep would soon claim him.
He nodded, shuffling a little closer, "We'll find them, son... You can lean on me, if you like, and rest, and we'll work to find your kin..."

((OOC: Colin Wainwright, the Rolodex Avatar Mage...))

((OOC2: Naw, you've not really overshot Colin, right now he's mostly silent and trying to help down a terrified captive - that's not something done in a couple of seconds.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:58 am

[Club, 2.45]

Nicole gave Fran a stupid look. 'What are we, invisible? We can guard it. Just we are gonna have a gap of 'bout half hour between cargo being sent and us pulling out. In fact, if locals gonna be anal jerkwads, I'd prefer to keep it here with us than send it back East [to Boston] solo.'

"Ah...I see where the misunderstanding is located. I was under the impressiont he plan was we all, including the target would stay here until we are donehere then everyoe save the oes who drive the cars back gets teleported back to Steelhaven."
Fran said.
"I guess we will ask the Chief which one it is."

'No. Saying X can be improved does not mean you have to immediately produce a full alternative ready to go. It does not work that way. In fact, that is the main line folks use to justify not changing anything!'Nicole shot back, losing her temper for a moment. 'Next road-block; 'we don't know it will work better, because it's not been tried'. Heard that one, too.'

"For fuck sake Nicole that is insane. A just jumping of a cliff and hoping you can fly is not going to lead anywhere very productive, yes not many are goignt o be willing to sacrifice a situation that is not perfect but do work just to gamble that something new will be better, and I completely support that. I am not willing to sacrifice everything on a wild gamble either. Secondly yes unless you are goign to be seen as just complaining having some inkling as to how thigns can be done btter is actually required, no one is saying to have a full plan at the ready but at least some hint other than I dont like this, I dont like this and oh but I have no idea how to chance it I just want to complain would be nice."
The death mage replied sharply.

'Military Science.' she said simply, seeing if this meant anything to the Euthanatoi.

"Is that military tactics or weaponery?"
Fran asked.
"I am not quite sure what the term mean."

(OOC: I don't think the gap is that large, so I think we should be good. Timing is not perfect in play by posts.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:05 pm

[Club, 2.45]

Colin gave Serge a briefly worried look, "Careful speaking too confidently on behalf of a deity you're unfamiliar with. Not saying you're wrong, but it's easy to say something wrong."
Turning to the kinfolk, he added, "But yes, we've captured the vampiress, and she won't hurt anyone again... the Nephanda is next."

"Servants of the Wyrm...lacking balance."
The an managd weakly, he was exhausted from talking now.

He nodded, thinking, 'Thank you, Miss Larraine... If you don't mind my asking, how did you come to be, hm, part of me?"

The shard sigh sadly.
"I comitted a crime and I was sentenced to Lesser Gilgul, they cut the Sphere of Correspnende otu of Aeptus Larraine, that bit of Avatar was sucked up into Mia's wake."
The bit of Avatar looked down.
"The last thing I remember is hearing my Host scream...I hope she recovered though, she might even still be alive."

He nodded, shuffling a little closer, "We'll find them, son... You can lean on me, if you like, and rest, and we'll work to find your kin..."

The Kinfolk nodded wakly and he slumped over and fell asleep, you felt his breathig was easier now but his mind was still in pieces and unøess is Avatar could be found, the chances of him just falling into despair was great, though his tribal totm might fill some of the emptiness felt by most Gilgulled mages.

(OOC: Rollodex Avatar indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:48 am

[Club, 2.30]

Anja wrote:This seamed to calm the man down a bit and he even smiled weakly.
He muttered softly.
Colin wrote:Colin gave Serge a briefly worried look, "Careful speaking too confidently on behalf of a deity you're unfamiliar with. Not saying you're wrong, but it's easy to say something wrong."
Anja wrote:"Servants of the Wyrm...lacking balance."
The an managd weakly, he was exhausted from talking now.

Serge didn't disagree with his cabal leader. Though at the same time, he didn't regret what he had said. Speaking of Anasasa seemed to have calmed the man down.

Glancing at the man he said, "Shhh, don't speak. You need to rest. Save your energy."

Anja wrote:"You drew...my mother i ice...and my brothers and sisters..."
"Yes my mother is really cool...she eat the bad people, and tell me stories ad play computer games with me...she is a great mother...please tell her...where I am...I want my mother...and....and my Cabal they will be worried about me...tell me Cabal and my Mentor and my mother that I love them...Please."
He managed and as Amadeus healed him you could see the man was calmer now and he was about to fall asleep, he was completely exhausted and only terror held him awake and now that his fear was receeding sleep would soon claim him.
Colin wrote:He nodded, shuffling a little closer, "We'll find them, son... You can lean on me, if you like, and rest, and we'll work to find your kin..."
Anja wrote:The Kinfolk nodded wakly and he slumped over and fell asleep, you felt his breathig was easier now but his mind was still in pieces and unøess is Avatar could be found, the chances of him just falling into despair was great, though his tribal totm might fill some of the emptiness felt by most Gilgulled mages.

"I'm glad we could ease his pain. For now at least." Serge said frowning as he saw the man slump down and fall into an uneasy asleep. He wondered if he should've used his magick to perhaps make his sleep more easy or peaceful. It seemed like the right thing to do and he had done it often before. But it was too late now. Performing magick on him now would be a little extra, especially with the off chance that such magick would trigger a violent reaction from him should they fail. Best to leave him as is.

"I figured the vampires taken care of. What's next on the agenda?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:56 am

[Club, 2.30]

Serge didn't disagree with his cabal leader. Though at the same time, he didn't regret what he had said. Speaking of Anasasa seemed to have calmed the man down.

Glancing at the man he said, "Shhh, don't speak. You need to rest. Save your energy."

"Aunt Nancy bless you child."
The ma muttered before he fell asleep.

"I'm glad we could ease his pain. For now at least." Serge said frowning as he saw the man slump down and fall into an uneasy asleep. He wondered if he should've used his magick to perhaps make his sleep more easy or peaceful. It seemed like the right thing to do and he had done it often before. But it was too late now. Performing magick on him now would be a little extra, especially with the off chance that such magick would trigger a violent reaction from him should they fail. Best to leave him as is.

"You did well kid, you got him calm enough to be healed."
Amadeus said as he streigtened and wiped his own blood off on the tovel. The smell of the Verbena's potent blood made the vampire prisoenr sort of whimper, though nothing else happened. Amadeus sort of looked at the staked vampire.
"Blood magick...might not have been the smartest thing in here."
He muttered with a little chuckle.

"I figured the vampires taken care of. What's next on the agenda?"

"Securing the items we are taking with us and then leaving this place."
Jeffry said, he was keeping an eye with Lilyandray to make sur eshe would nto move, she did not.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:50 am

[Club, 2.45]

Anja's Post:

'Thought the plan was to evac the target immediately.' she replied, giving a gesture of the head, showing it was that important.

Anja's Post:

Surprisingly, Nicole nodded to this. 'That's the problem. Most bases like a person on a tight-rope; scared of making changes 'cos it might cause us to fall onto the pit o' spikes. And 'cos we don't really talk to each other, we can't share ideas and shit.'

Anja's Post:

'You and most people.' the Etherite replied with a sniff. 'Basically, it's the study of war. From tactics and weapons to planning and strategy. All with the goal to improve, to succeed.'

Anja's Post:

'Okay, put the box close to the bed...'

[I know we hadn't overshot Colin... yet. But I could see the point where getting Colin back 'in sync' would take some effort, and wanted to avoid that.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next