Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

4 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:07 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, Monday Evening]

Colin grinned and reached out to the spirit to scritch her stomach.

The rat spirit was not fully manifested so it only felt like touching slightly tingly air but the spirit kicked with her back feed and seamed quite enthusiastic.
"Oh...yeah that is the spot..."
She declared happily.

[Labyrinth, Tuesday Morning]

He pondered for a moment, shifting the bowl into one hand, and tracing the circle along the edge of the bowl while muttering a short Latin incantation over it, "It's a bowl, but is it the bowl, or the contents... I suppose Tass-laden candy would be a convenience."

You got the distinct feeling it was the bowl that had the tass infused into it and not the candy, which seamed rather ordinary.
"Did you find anything my good man?"
Jeffry asked.

He nodded, "Allies or victims. But, yes, later."

"Time to move on, let us document this room and then continue."
Jeffry said and he headed out of the dining room again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Before Going To Horizon-Downtime Scenes IC Thread

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:31 pm

Anja wrote:"Well stones are good for holding energies, this is glass though Sir."
Anna replied Jeffry looked at the bowl.
"It is hard to say what it do young man, it could be something a simple as a version of the always full butter box which is a bit of a classic."
Colin wrote:He pondered for a moment, shifting the bowl into one hand, and tracing the circle along the edge of the bowl while muttering a short Latin incantation over it, "It's a bowl, but is it the bowl, or the contents... I suppose Tass-laden candy would be a convenience."
ANja wrote:You got the distinct feeling it was the bowl that had the tass infused into it and not the candy, which seamed rather ordinary.
Jeffry asked.

"Man I hope it's magick candy. I want it to be magick candy so bad." Serge said staring intensely at the bowl as he waited for the results of Colin's magick.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:12 am

Anja's Post:

'I see. Do you know Boston well? And other rats?' giving a curious frown, ignoring Colin.

Colin's Post:

'That makes the assumption they'd be able to find me. You think it would be the first time I went to ground?' she replied, staring Colin down. 'There's a reason why you barely know fuck all about me. Not even my real name.'

Colin's Post:

'So you think. Then you'll find a couple of key allies get leaned on and they'll pull out. Normally, leaving your balls in a vice.' she replied, abandoning her packing for a moment and moving towards the kitchen. 'My money is on Hermetics. The beauty of corruption of an organisation like that is if a senior orders it, the underlings follow. And they won't ever turn on a senior.' picking up a half-bottle of dark rum, opened it up and poured a measure out into a coffee-mug.

'I was just respecting those of greater knowledge and their orders to me, Justicar. Honest.' tone dripping of sarcasm, giving a faux-toast and then draining her glass. 'Though you yourself admit, your peeks are of limited worth. Like, you don't actually know your plan works... just that something does.'

Colins Post:

'Ballcrap. Union don't accept no “inherited Fallen-ness”, for starters. Nor does the Society, for that matter.' she shot back, highlighting why she personally had no prejudice in that regard. 'And I didn't say he'd do well there, just that he had the attributes that they look for. And before you say it, no, I can actually fucking prove it too. Union-run “special schools” skimming off candidates from the Mundie system, like the one from X-Men.' gesturing with the bottle, clearly offering Colin a drink.

Colin's Post:

'No, first one easy. And now I know he's the sort who needs to be lied to.' her face showing she now had a lot less respect for the Master than an hour previous.

Colin's Post:

'I am still alive, if you ain't noticed.' she replied scathingly. 'I know when to stand, when to fold and when to run.' perhaps unconsciously quoting Kenny Rogers. 'Know when to put 'em on need-to-know and to remember what my job title is too.' ending with another shrug, her anger almost all spent.

[#1 Nicole has 'value' and knows it, so treating her like an intern isn't going to wash. #2 Nicole has never been that openly rude. You either read too much into the IC and/or have standards of politeness higher than normal for this time (though it's very believable that older Mages *do* hear Nicole like that). #3 It's not actively 'making people for Nicole to interact with' it's more a general plea for you to show more sides of 'Awakened society' than currently has been (which is basically a 'display bias'; the street-level types she would meet aren't ones the other PCs would have met before). The 'main plot' - ripping out the rotten core of the Traditions to save the rest of the body - is actually something Nicole could get behind (which I made sure of at creation). It's just a desire to know that she can/will help this in *her* way.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:25 am

"Man I hope it's magick candy. I want it to be magick candy so bad." Serge said staring intensely at the bowl as he waited for the results of Colin's magick.

"Would not that depend on what said magickal candy do Sir, if it rip the soul out of your body and feed it to a Meajin Incarna for example it might not be to good."
Anna asked raising an eyebrow.

I see. Do you know Boston well? And other rats?' giving a curious frown, ignoring Colin.

"Rats yes yes...Boston? Know where to find food."
The rat said happily.

(OOC: With that attitude Nicole would not normally get to be a part of a large Chantry she would have to join a small one desperate for members or be part of a Cabal starting one themselves, for coming to a large established Chantry saying I will not be treated as a intern so I will not be a Sentinel the reply will usually be ok bye. Yes Nicole have been extremely openly rude to most she have spoken with more than two minutes. Not comparing a person to their worst is not having standards far beyond this time, or for that matter not lighting up a cigarette in someone else's apartment, filled with others who can not at that point leave is not beyond politeness at this time the list go on and on and on. There are not allot of the rebel mages you want in this campaign meaning that if you want them they will have to be created and put in and I can do that if you wish. The problem is that going up to the corrupted seat of Forces for example and telling him to fuck off is not going to help.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:49 am

Nicole wrote:'That makes the assumption they'd be able to find me. You think it would be the first time I went to ground?' she replied, staring Colin down. 'There's a reason why you barely know fuck all about me. Not even my real name.'
Colin frowned, "Considering they almost got you back in, what, '05? Yes, yes, I do believe they would find you if you scarpered. Keeping your name hidden, though, is commendable."

Nicole wrote:'So you think. Then you'll find a couple of key allies get leaned on and they'll pull out. Normally, leaving your balls in a vice.' she replied, abandoning her packing for a moment and moving towards the kitchen. 'My money is on Hermetics. The beauty of corruption of an organisation like that is if a senior orders it, the underlings follow. And they won't ever turn on a senior.' picking up a half-bottle of dark rum, opened it up and poured a measure out into a coffee-mug.

'I was just respecting those of greater knowledge and their orders to me, Justicar. Honest.' tone dripping of sarcasm, giving a faux-toast and then draining her glass. 'Though you yourself admit, your peeks are of limited worth. Like, you don't actually know your plan works... just that something does.'
He smiled wryly, "The Hermetics in on it won't budge like that, of that I am quite certain. Though a bit of cynicism is a sound trait. And my foresights... show what will happen without intervention. So far, they've been good for giving me the key moments where the timeline can be shifted, mostly in our favour. I still need to leverage skill and allies to do said shifting, knowledge is only half the battle."

Nicole wrote:'Ballcrap. Union don't accept no “inherited Fallen-ness”, for starters. Nor does the Society, for that matter.' she shot back, highlighting why she personally had no prejudice in that regard. 'And I didn't say he'd do well there, just that he had the attributes that they look for. And before you say it, no, I can actually fucking prove it too. Union-run “special schools” skimming off candidates from the Mundie system, like the one from X-Men.' gesturing with the bottle, clearly offering Colin a drink.
He shrugged, "The inherited bit, no, but they can recognise Fallen. Which would make it deadly to Kyle, in this life. The Union does seem apt at detecting the potential for Awakening, though, I will certainly acknowledge that - but they seem more inclined to groom potentials than taking in those who've already had a look through the veil on their own. Which is why we'll take defectors from the Union, but the Union is less keen on defectors from our side... and sure, a small one."

Nicole wrote:'No, first one easy. And now I know he's the sort who needs to be lied to.' her face showing she now had a lot less respect for the Master than an hour previous.
He shook his head, "No. No, no, no, don't lie to the Chief. Under no circumstances should you lie to the Master of Forces tasked with keeping your posterior out of the fire. Leaving things unsaid can certainly keep things civil, but never lie to your own Security Chief."
He sighed, "Look, the Chief has been around the block, as they say, and he's lost apprentices to Union violence... there are a grand total of two things that infuriate him; one is the Technocracy, in particular anything that sounds favourable about them, the other is slavery. You just managed to press his berserk button, and even then, you could have tried explaining what you meant in a manner that would calm him, but instead you doubled down... but you clarified your point to me just now, far more succinctly than he might have expected, and I think he might have accepted that."

Nicole wrote:'I am still alive, if you ain't noticed.' she replied scathingly. 'I know when to stand, when to fold and when to run.' perhaps unconsciously quoting Kenny Rogers. 'Know when to put 'em on need-to-know and to remember what my job title is too.' ending with another shrug, her anger almost all spent.
He nodded, "So you are - and I would hazard your perpetual readiness to cut and run has caused as many situations where you've scarpered as it has helped you get out from an external threat. Look... everyone forges connections to other people, most forge a few strong links and a lot of fairly ephemeral ones, but you... you don't have many strong connections, do you? Or at least, not many positive ones. Perhaps not many people give a rat's ass about you..." He turned to the spirit, "Ah, no offense," and turned back to Nicole, "...but I have this odd quirk that I do give a damn about your well-being. What you need is a place you can truly call home, somewhere you can feel safe... please don't burn it down before you can find that feeling."

Anja wrote:The rat spirit was not fully manifested so it only felt like touching slightly tingly air but the spirit kicked with her back feed and seamed quite enthusiastic.
"Oh...yeah that is the spot..."
She declared happily.
He chuckled, "It's an odd sensation, when I can't fully physically interact with you, but so long as you're happy, hmm?"

Anja wrote:You got the distinct feeling it was the bowl that had the tass infused into it and not the candy, which seamed rather ordinary.
Jeffry asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Man I hope it's magick candy. I want it to be magick candy so bad." Serge said staring intensely at the bowl as he waited for the results of Colin's magick.
Anja wrote:"Would not that depend on what said magickal candy do Sir, if it rip the soul out of your body and feed it to a Meajin Incarna for example it might not be to good."
He frowned, "The candy seems fine; I half-expected it to be a Tass reserve. The bowl, though - I'm not sure what it does, but... the demonic decorations put me in mind of an idea I read a few years back; if you have the Holy Grail, and need to keep it hidden, put it on your desk and fill it with mint candies. No-one will look twice at a battered, old candy bowl with more sentimental than monetary value... this might be the same thing. Or it might just be a self-refilling candy bowl."

Anja wrote:"Time to move on, let us document this room and then continue."
Jeffry said and he headed out of the dining room again.
He nodded, tagging along, giving Toby a gentle pat in the doorway.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:06 pm

Perhaps not many people give a rat's ass about you..." He turned to the spirit, "Ah, no offense," and turned back to Nicole, "...but I have this odd quirk that I do give a damn about your well-being. What you need is a place you can truly call home, somewhere you can feel safe... please don't burn it down before you can find that feeling."

The rat did not seam to be insulted.

He chuckled, "It's an odd sensation, when I can't fully physically interact with you, but so long as you're happy, hmm?"

"Yes yes yes happy happy."
The rat said as she rolled around on the sofa enjoying the petting.

He frowned, "The candy seems fine; I half-expected it to be a Tass reserve. The bowl, though - I'm not sure what it does, but... the demonic decorations put me in mind of an idea I read a few years back; if you have the Holy Grail, and need to keep it hidden, put it on your desk and fill it with mint candies. No-one will look twice at a battered, old candy bowl with more sentimental than monetary value... this might be the same thing. Or it might just be a self-refilling candy bowl."

"I can check what sort of magick was involved with creating the bowl dad that can give us a good idea of what it do."
Anna suggested.
"Or you know you could just pour all the candy out onto the table and see if the bowl refills."
Dion commented.
"Or that."
Anna agreed.

He nodded, tagging along, giving Toby a gentle pat in the doorway.

Anna headed out into the hallway to look for wards while you felt Toby respond happily to your touch.
"We have found some private quarters."
Anna declared after a while.
"This seam to be the Labyrinth's residential area."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, here. From the looks of it.' she commented, idly wondering how the hell she'd approach putting the spirit on a diet of some form. 'How about the shape-changing rats? Know any of them?'

Colin's Post:

'That was bad luck. Fundie loon simply like, spotted me in a diner in... well, somewhere out on the Plains. Weren't personal or nuffin. Plus, I was like totally strung out at that point. And credit where it's due, they didn't outright try to brainwash me.' then a pause, and a quizzical look.

'Wait. Did I tell you that story?'

Colin's Post:

'Well, don't get all weepy on me when I tell you I ain't confident on that one.' she replied sourly. 'The few who can't be leaned on will be crushed, easy. Sure there's enough shit in that Code of theirs to organise a few hangings.' perhaps revealing more how she'd handle such a situation, if a Hermetic.

Colin's Post:

'Not listening. Union and Tradition definition of “Fallen” different – hmm, best put that they punish the deed, not the thought. Or even fucking possible-thought.' tone making it clear she considered the Union superior here. 'And if the kid was book-smart, liked studying and got good grades, yeah I could see a Union rep putting his name on a list for like a special “summer school” for a proper look-over or something.'

Colin's Post:

'Then I'm utterly fucked then, ain't I? Can't lie, but can't disagree either!' she exploded,almost dropping the bottle of rum on the kitchen floor. 'And I did try to explain, by pointing out he would want apprentices who were clever and did book-learning too, wouldn't he? No, he couldn't fucking see past that red mist.'

Colin's Post:

'Only been here a few weeks. Not had much time to get to know folks better yet.' she replied. 'And if that was your pitch to get me to stay, really needs improvement, it does. I don't fit here, simple as. I don't understand most of what goes on here, I don't get on with most of the people here and there's not much in way of shared interests neither.'

'I am sure this will be put down to being all my fault, and nobody else's, for they're already perfect. Which makes the suggestion I am in fact, not needed here. Can I continue packing now?'

[#1: Not Nick's first Chantry, and has a skill-set of value to any Chantry. You're right in saying she's not 'somebody', but she's not 'nobody' either. #2: If you think she's been hugely rude... well, I'd hate to think how bad you'd think she was if it was *deliberately* rude (a lot of it is more obliviousness or culture-clash than anything else). #3: More 'rebel mages' than you'd think if you factor in #1/#2 - game region very big, you've only shown a tiny bit of it IC so far and Nick is the sort of character who'd meet them rather than say, Adley would. #4: She'd only tell Sao Cristavao to fuck himself if there was a) a real good reason and b) a realistic chance of survival. She might be a rebel, but she's not stupid.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:01 pm

'Yeah, here. From the looks of it.' she commented, idly wondering how the hell she'd approach putting the spirit on a diet of some form. 'How about the shape-changing rats? Know any of them?'

"Yes...yes they are around."
The plump rat spirit said.
"They can see me...some give me food...nice nice..."

(OOC: No one is saying Nicole's skills are not useful, but they are not so unique she can set the terms for membership at a Chantry. The thing is there are more mages wanting to join a powerful summer and autumn Chantry than there is room so such Chantries can afford to be picky and set terms, usually including a period as a Sentinel for new members. If her behavior have not been being deliberately rude then yes indeed I would hate to see how she would behave if she was deliberately rude, so would 99.99 percent of well everyone. Comparing someone to their worst enemies is provocation not a culture clash. It is the same as a Jewish person telling you they want to become an architect and get into city planning and you reply, yeah just like Hitler. I mean it is not technically incorrect but putting it like that is going to be insulting. I am not saying there do not exist rebel mages I am saying none of the Chantries in play are stereotype Brujah just that they are mages. I have however offered to create such a Chantry or group, how is that not good enough for you?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:59 am

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, a lot of 'em about.' Nicole stated, hoping to draw the spirit out in confirming her suspicion regarding their numbers. 'But they just give you food? Don't ask nothing in return?'

[#1: True, but this discussion depends on how many 'unemployed' Mages are about to take Nick's place. 3E is where there's a distinct shortage, not sure about 2E (which this game is on). #2: No... Nick is the type of person who'd tell a Jewish person to read parts of Mein Kamph to learn about propaganda (which is admittedly bad enough for some). #3: We agree to agree (it's part of the reason I wanted us to start mapping out the known Chantries in region). With my ST hat on for a moment, think the most promising angle to explore is the 'cross-Tradition faction' situation. Example; punky, scrappy, cyborg Technomancer - what's there *not* for the Cyberpunks to like (even if Nick can't code?). Speaking of which; will any other Boston cyborgs hitch a lift in the shuttle to go to the cybernetics conference?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:04 pm

Nicole wrote:'That was bad luck. Fundie loon simply like, spotted me in a diner in... well, somewhere out on the Plains. Weren't personal or nuffin. Plus, I was like totally strung out at that point. And credit where it's due, they didn't outright try to brainwash me.' then a pause, and a quizzical look.

'Wait. Did I tell you that story?'
Colin shook his head, "I don't think you told me that one, no - and I meant the time travel incident, here in Boston. While Rust won't be trying to send someone like that again, you were tracked down."

Nicole wrote:'Well, don't get all weepy on me when I tell you I ain't confident on that one.' she replied sourly. 'The few who can't be leaned on will be crushed, easy. Sure there's enough shit in that Code of theirs to organise a few hangings.' perhaps revealing more how she'd handle such a situation, if a Hermetic.
He looked at Nicole for a few moments, then began cracking up, chuckling softly, "I would love to see a Hermetic brave enough to try to do that to a lich with over two and a half millennia of experience with torturing people..."

Nicole wrote:'Not listening. Union and Tradition definition of “Fallen” different – hmm, best put that they punish the deed, not the thought. Or even fucking possible-thought.' tone making it clear she considered the Union superior here. 'And if the kid was book-smart, liked studying and got good grades, yeah I could see a Union rep putting his name on a list for like a special “summer school” for a proper look-over or something.'
He sighed, "And again, the issue is Kyle was already Awakened, and trained as a Hermetic by his own father. The Union simply wouldn't permit him to live - most likely they'd drag him to the Machine to get his pineal gland Primium'd over and eaten by the bloody thing."

Nicole wrote:'Then I'm utterly fucked then, ain't I? Can't lie, but can't disagree either!' she exploded,almost dropping the bottle of rum on the kitchen floor. 'And I did try to explain, by pointing out he would want apprentices who were clever and did book-learning too, wouldn't he? No, he couldn't fucking see past that red mist.'
He shook his head, "Never said you can't disagree, but phrasing is important. Flies and honey, as it were. Some times - and this is something I've seen you are not very good at - you have to actually walk back a statement, and rephrase it from the beginning, rather than just continue explaining it."

Nicole wrote:'Only been here a few weeks. Not had much time to get to know folks better yet.' she replied. 'And if that was your pitch to get me to stay, really needs improvement, it does. I don't fit here, simple as. I don't understand most of what goes on here, I don't get on with most of the people here and there's not much in way of shared interests neither.'

'I am sure this will be put down to being all my fault, and nobody else's, for they're already perfect. Which makes the suggestion I am in fact, not needed here. Can I continue packing now?'
He sighed, "You've been quite adept at finding sore points and poking them with all your bionic strength... so I suppose you've learned to know more people here better than you might think, just not in a... positive manner. Still, you're a good armourer, and quite the mechanic; it's not yet impossible for you to make a home here, with neighbours who care about you, though you seem intent on making it ever more impossible. Just..."
He frowned, "A small favour, then - how about you stick with us for a few more days, until we've been to Concordia, and if you still insist on parting ways, I can drop you off in another city of your choosing, make it easier for you to slip away... we can teleport the rest of your belongings to you once you're settled in elsewhere. In fact, I can write a letter of introduction for you to a Chantry I know in Chicago; it's full of, hm, outcasts and oddities, I suppose. Not rich, but they would likely appreciate a protector of your caliber. Just let us get the hearing with the Deacons done first, and the Horizon trip, and get things tidied up a bit?"

Anja wrote:"I can check what sort of magick was involved with creating the bowl dad that can give us a good idea of what it do."
Anna suggested.
"Or you know you could just pour all the candy out onto the table and see if the bowl refills."
Dion commented.
"Or that."
Anna agreed.
He shrugged and unceremoniously poured the bowl out on the table, then put it down right-side up, and watched.

Anja wrote:Anna headed out into the hallway to look for wards while you felt Toby respond happily to your touch.
He nodded, "Alright, people, do not trust any items in these rooms; the Fallen are quite happy to inflict injury on one another out of spite, so there's bound to be bait set out for would-be thieves. Not just magical wards, mechanical traps are just as likely."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:20 pm

[Nicole's Apartment, Monday Evening.]

Colin's Post:

'Providence.' she corrected glibly, not immediately noticing the significance of Colin's point. 'And you have no fucking idea what it was like, to be reminded of what I was before all this...' gesturing to her toned body with her artificial arm. '-I'd just started to get over it and wham, I get an arm back for a few hou...' drifting off as the proverbial lights came on.

Silence, the Etherite simply standing there, puzzled. Just as the silence went on long enough for Colin to reply, she continued.

'That... is a very good point. Why the fuck ain't this been noticed yet?'

Colin's Post:

'Who, that little blue lady who made me think of mortuary boxes simply looking at 'em?' she replied, giving a little shudder. 'Nah. Just isolate them. Can't like stop her, but can make her bear all the costs solo and it be as difficult as possible.' a short silence then looked at the Orphan.

'Is she a Sicilian, then?'

Colin's Post:

'What, before going to school?' She replied, a little incredulous. 'Anyway, if they're only a kid, easy to re-mould into desired shape. Make you want to love Big Brother. With all your heart.'

Colin's Post:

'Or decide the opposite has no fucking interest in hearing you at all, so just give it up even before you start.' she replied bitterly, clearly putting the Chief in this category.

Colin's Post:

'Oh, dear, I'm sure the other girls would like you more if you simply fit in better with them. Stop being so weird, that yellow dress is really pretty too.' she spat out, tone malicious, clearly quoting someone from her childhood.

Colin's Post:

A sour look, face like chewing a wasp. Then a sigh. Looked to Colin, as though mulling over whether to tell him something. Silently opened the refrigerator, pulled out what turned out to be a cooked pork-chop.

'Did I tell you why I came here in the first place?' taking a bite out of the chop.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:00 pm

Nicole wrote:'Providence.' she corrected glibly, not immediately noticing the significance of Colin's point. 'And you have no fucking idea what it was like, to be reminded of what I was before all this...' gesturing to her toned body with her artificial arm. '-I'd just started to get over it and wham, I get an arm back for a few hou...' drifting off as the proverbial lights came on.

Silence, the Etherite simply standing there, puzzled. Just as the silence went on long enough for Colin to reply, she continued.

'That... is a very good point. Why the fuck ain't this been noticed yet?'
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I do... I've been back to... times before the burning and the tearing. So many times... so much imminent pain... Not quite the same, but still. And it has been noticed. Unfortunately, there's not much left of anyone we know to have been involved to interrogate... Maybe when we locate Jace again, we can get a shot at getting him to talk."

Nicole wrote:'Who, that little blue lady who made me think of mortuary boxes simply looking at 'em?' she replied, giving a little shudder. 'Nah. Just isolate them. Can't like stop her, but can make her bear all the costs solo and it be as difficult as possible.' a short silence then looked at the Orphan.

'Is she a Sicilian, then?'
He smiled wryly, "They could try... don't think it would work; Archmagi are very difficult to restrain. And I don't know how well she'd take to being called Sicilian; she's Roman. Urbs Æterna, Caput Mundi, at some point in the kingdom era before it became a republic."

Nicole wrote:'What, before going to school?' She replied, a little incredulous. 'Anyway, if they're only a kid, easy to re-mould into desired shape. Make you want to love Big Brother. With all your heart.'
He frowned, "They can detect the difference between 'potentials' and 'full-fledged Reality Deviants', as I understand it. In other words, those about to Awaken, and those who've already done so - and in particular those who have been using Magic."

Nicole wrote:'Or decide the opposite has no fucking interest in hearing you at all, so just give it up even before you start.' she replied bitterly, clearly putting the Chief in this category.
He nodded, "Sometimes, discretion is indeed the better part of valor. But again, this is contextual. The chief will listen to you in matters of engineering and firearms, as he respects your superior knowledge on the subject - doesn't mean he agrees with your political stances or ideas about social hierarchies."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, dear, I'm sure the other girls would like you more if you simply fit in better with them. Stop being so weird, that yellow dress is really pretty too.' she spat out, tone malicious, clearly quoting someone from her childhood.
He grimaced, "I think you'd like my little sister. Very much into black leather, spikes, and chains around when I enlisted. Admittedly, I think the little brat wanted attention when I showed up in a sharp uniform, but I suppose you know how it is..."

Nicole wrote:A sour look, face like chewing a wasp. Then a sigh. Looked to Colin, as though mulling over whether to tell him something. Silently opened the refrigerator, pulled out what turned out to be a cooked pork-chop.

'Did I tell you why I came here in the first place?' taking a bite out of the chop.
He thought for a moment, "I believe you may have said something to the effect of 'later' on that subject. Dr. Hadermann owed your Mentor a favour, and we owed him a favour, and thus you showed up on our doorstep, after you had your prosthetic fitted? That about the gist of it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Colin's Post:

'Not the hows, the whys. Though they're linked. They went to the effort to suss out my original ID, follow the line back to a point I'd be easy to hit. Like the T-X did with the Resistance officers when they were still spotty and gangly.' she retorted. 'Don't tell me that ain't an easy task to pull off, like - even if they managed to pull a twofer with Porcupine too. Point being; that's personal... that I'd become important enough to hit. And I ain't done anything that great... yet.' her features getting a bit paler from the realisation... then morphing into a shit-eating grin.

'You get the Chief to drop charges. He's got to, 'cos you need me in this timeline.'

Colin's Post:

'Nah, it's what Baynes used to ask when talking about an opponent. That, like would they sacrifice everything, go to any length to get you, not even think of backing down or cutting a deal. That even if you made 'em a pulp they'd still come after you.'

Colin's Post:

'So what? Just a kid, not their fault. Didn't know better. Six months in a "special school" and not only shall they love Big Brother with all their heart, but will help snatch their very parents so they can get "help" too.' she replied, with a plainly disgusted undertone in her voice.

Colin's Post:

An annoyed short to this.

Colin's Post:

'Erm... uniform? Just how long ago was this?' giving a frown.

Colin's Post:

'The bit before that... didn't need to leave Detroit, like. Yes, there are people who I don't piss off that much.' giving Colin a defiant look. 'Answer's simple. Came back here to look in on my family and shit. Baynes got two options; Westchapel and some place near Groton. Or was it New London? Well, fuck that, it was like a farm or commune or some shit.' giving a sniff of the true urbanite. 'Though if I'd known it was not gonna be Westchapel...' tearing a strip off the chop and chewing it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Yeah, a lot of 'em about.' Nicole stated, hoping to draw the spirit out in confirming her suspicion regarding their numbers. 'But they just give you food? Don't ask nothing in return?'

"Some do, others want me to teach them thing, or guard something, things like that, which is okey by me they are not difficult tasks and I get food."
The rat spirit said happily.

He shrugged and unceremoniously poured the bowl out on the table, then put it down right-side up, and watched.

Soon a chocolate appeared on the bottom of the bowl, then a wrapped hard candy, then several caramels.

He nodded, "Alright, people, do not trust any items in these rooms; the Fallen are quite happy to inflict injury on one another out of spite, so there's bound to be bait set out for would-be thieves. Not just magical wards, mechanical traps are just as likely."

"Very well, so do we go though the personal rooms or do we leave them alone for now Sir?"
Dion asked.

(OOC: Second edition do have more mages than Revised. But the point here is that a well established Chantry with a node, a library and other benefits have more mages wanting membership than they have room so they can afford to be picky. It have been established in game long ago this is not a buyers market. For smaller Chantries with little or no power the situation is different. Yes the problem is not that Nicole is the type of person who would ask a Jewish person to read Main Kamf, but that she expect to do so wiith no one getting angry at her, finding her rude and no consequences. I can certainly make a Cyberpunk themed Chantry in the Boston Tribunal. And sure we can have a cyborg or two hitch a ride with Steelhaven's group to Horizon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:15 pm

Anja wrote:"Would not that depend on what said magickal candy do Sir, if it rip the soul out of your body and feed it to a Meajin Incarna for example it might not be to good."
Colin wrote:He frowned, "The candy seems fine; I half-expected it to be a Tass reserve. The bowl, though - I'm not sure what it does, but... the demonic decorations put me in mind of an idea I read a few years back; if you have the Holy Grail, and need to keep it hidden, put it on your desk and fill it with mint candies. No-one will look twice at a battered, old candy bowl with more sentimental than monetary value... this might be the same thing. Or it might just be a self-refilling candy bowl."
Anja wrote:"I can check what sort of magick was involved with creating the bowl dad that can give us a good idea of what it do."
Anna suggested.
Dion commented.
"Or that."
Anna agreed.
Colin wrote:He shrugged and unceremoniously poured the bowl out on the table, then put it down right-side up, and watched.
Anja wrote:Soon a chocolate appeared on the bottom of the bowl, then a wrapped hard candy, then several caramels.

"Nooo the candy!" Serge said looking aghast as the candy was poured onto the floor.

"Yaay the Candy!" he said soon after the bowl started to re-fill itself. "And it's randomized candy too. The mage went all out with this candy bowl. We're definitely keeping that."

Anja wrote:Anna headed out into the hallway to look for wards while you felt Toby respond happily to your touch.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Alright, people, do not trust any items in these rooms; the Fallen are quite happy to inflict injury on one another out of spite, so there's bound to be bait set out for would-be thieves. Not just magical wards, mechanical traps are just as likely."
Anja wrote:"Very well, so do we go though the personal rooms or do we leave them alone for now Sir?"
Dion asked.

Serge followed behind the group, continuing his drawings of the Labyrinth's interiors. "We gotta look through them right? Personal rooms mean personal items. And that includes enchanted stuff as well. And most people would hide there most powerful stuff in there own rooms. Especially stuff they didn't want their fellow Fallen members knowing about."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:35 am

Nicole wrote:'Not the hows, the whys. Though they're linked. They went to the effort to suss out my original ID, follow the line back to a point I'd be easy to hit. Like the T-X did with the Resistance officers when they were still spotty and gangly.' she retorted. 'Don't tell me that ain't an easy task to pull off, like - even if they managed to pull a twofer with Porcupine too. Point being; that's personal... that I'd become important enough to hit. And I ain't done anything that great... yet.' her features getting a bit paler from the realisation... then morphing into a shit-eating grin.

'You get the Chief to drop charges. He's got to, 'cos you need me in this timeline.'
Colin pondered, "Probably at Jace's behest - removing you from the equation in the past would mean you couldn't help us raid him in the present - hum, the why is probably easier to explain away than the how. Though, I suspect a certain Italian lady with a grudge - she'd have access to the files in question bearing your and Adley's given names, along with known aliases."

He sighed softly, "And while I like your sneaky reasoning, I'm afraid it won't hold up against the argument that it was an attempt to stop you from aiding us over the past two months, rather than over the coming ones. But it is a nice try."

Nicole wrote:'Nah, it's what Baynes used to ask when talking about an opponent. That, like would they sacrifice everything, go to any length to get you, not even think of backing down or cutting a deal. That even if you made 'em a pulp they'd still come after you.'
He nodded, "Ah, like so... Hum..."

He looked out into empty space for a moment, "Becoming a Hermetic lich requires severing all links to other people, to isolate yourself entirely and abandon all ties to the world. To do that to yourself, and then rebuild a social life afterwards, and stay as alive as she has, for millennia... I think her ire would scare off Baynes' figurative Sicilians, because Lady Crexia could be reduced to her component atoms, and still come back to just... erase you from existence. I suspect she would have made an excellent Seat of Forces, if only someone could have persuaded her to accept the position. And I don't think anyone who knows her will even try."

Nicole wrote:'So what? Just a kid, not their fault. Didn't know better. Six months in a "special school" and not only shall they love Big Brother with all their heart, but will help snatch their very parents so they can get "help" too.' she replied, with a plainly disgusted undertone in her voice.
He arched an eyebrow, "And you think the Union would even care? Oh, there are some decent Technocrats, sure, but the bloody Pogrom doesn't distinguish between a kid who just figured out how to talk to people who aren't there anymore, or to see people's injuries through their skin, and a venerable Master of the Arts from the Hermetic Order."

Nicole wrote:'Erm... uniform? Just how long ago was this?' giving a frown.
He paused, "Hum... around 1990, she was eleven at the time. She was something of a surprise arrival, really. Nearly nine years between us, so a bit of a gap."

Nicole wrote:'The bit before that... didn't need to leave Detroit, like. Yes, there are people who I don't piss off that much.' giving Colin a defiant look. 'Answer's simple. Came back here to look in on my family and shit. Baynes got two options; Westchapel and some place near Groton. Or was it New London? Well, fuck that, it was like a farm or commune or some shit.' giving a sniff of the true urbanite. 'Though if I'd known it was not gonna be Westchapel...' tearing a strip off the chop and chewing it.
He smiled wryly, "So I guess you've checked up on your family, then? And while Steelhaven't not as... industrial as Westchapel, it's not as, hm, academic as others. I'm sure you'd have long since left in a blaze of, well, incendiaries if you'd wound up at somewhere like Lux Interis..."

Jeremy wrote:"Nooo the candy!" Serge said looking aghast as the candy was poured onto the floor.
He arched an eyebrow at Serge and picked a wrapped candy off the table, tossing it over, "The table looks clean, and most of these are wrapped... if you dare eat one from an unknown source."

Anja wrote:Soon a chocolate appeared on the bottom of the bowl, then a wrapped hard candy, then several caramels.
Jeremy wrote:"Yaay the Candy!" he said soon after the bowl started to re-fill itself. "And it's randomized candy too. The mage went all out with this candy bowl. We're definitely keeping that."
He pondered for a moment, "Hum... the question is, where do these come from? Does the bowl regenerate them? Or teleport them in from various candy factories? Willy Wonka would be proud, I suppose..."

Anja wrote:"Very well, so do we go though the personal rooms or do we leave them alone for now Sir?"
Dion asked.
Jeremy wrote:Serge followed behind the group, continuing his drawings of the Labyrinth's interiors. "We gotta look through them right? Personal rooms mean personal items. And that includes enchanted stuff as well. And most people would hide there most powerful stuff in there own rooms. Especially stuff they didn't want their fellow Fallen members knowing about."
He nodded to Serge, "I agree with our young enthusiast here. Not just enchanted stuff or valuables - there may be hungry pets or things that don't keep well, and I should rather prefer not to come back to find that some keg of solvent or something in a private room has leaked out and given Toby an upset stomach."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:16 am

"Nooo the candy!" Serge said looking aghast as the candy was poured onto the floor.

"Yaay the Candy!" he said soon after the bowl started to re-fill itself. "And it's randomized candy too. The mage went all out with this candy bowl. We're definitely keeping that."

The other mages gave Serge a bit of a strange look.

Serge followed behind the group, continuing his drawings of the Labyrinth's interiors. "We gotta look through them right? Personal rooms mean personal items. And that includes enchanted stuff as well. And most people would hide there most powerful stuff in there own rooms. Especially stuff they didn't want their fellow Fallen members knowing about.

"That is a fair point young man, however such rooms are also likely to be protected."
Jeffry say.
"So we move with caution."
He said and he looked to Anna who was standing outside one of the doors with her pendulums.
"Yeah there is a pretty hefty ward on this."
The young apprentice said.

He arched an eyebrow at Serge and picked a wrapped candy off the table, tossing it over, "The table looks clean, and most of these are wrapped... if you dare eat one from an unknown source."

"Let me check that."
Darrian said and he pulled a small bottle from his pocked at dripped a drop onto his own tongue then he looked at the candy and said.
"Sugar, artificial color, citrus oil...corn starch...it is indeed just a lemon candy."

He pondered for a moment, "Hum... the question is, where do these come from? Does the bowl regenerate them? Or teleport them in from various candy factories? Willy Wonka would be proud, I suppose..."

Jeffry started working his hands over the bowl in the sigils for Intelligo and Vim then he said.
"It is made with hedge wizardry but if translated to Spheres then Matter and Prime, the bowl create the candy."

He nodded to Serge, "I agree with our young enthusiast here. Not just enchanted stuff or valuables - there may be hungry pets or things that don't keep well, and I should rather prefer not to come back to find that some keg of solvent or something in a private room has leaked out and given Toby an upset stomach."

Jeffry just nodded at that, and he cast another spell Perdo Vim and then pointed to the door Anna had told was warded.
"It should be safe to enter now."
He said before he went to do just that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:32 am

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... what sort of things to teach? Or guard?'

Colin's Post:

'Who is this, and how?' she shot back.

Colin's Post:

'Sure enough of that to bet your skin on it? How about others?'

Colin's Post:

'Yet they're one person. The strongest ship can't fight a whole fleet by itself.'

Colin's Post:

The Etherite considered this for a moment before replying. 'Yes, I think they would. There's nothing more... delicious than taking your enemy's very future and making it yours. Proves, like that your way is the superior one, and theirs the inferior... and deserves to be wiped out. It's like when the gov't kidnapped kids off reservations, put 'em in boarding schools and turned them into “proper, white Americans”. Or when colleges skim off poor scholarship kids to turn them into the people who oppressed their very parents.'

Colin's Post:

Another pause, as though considering what to tell the Orphan. 'Not completely... yet.' looking distinctively uncomfortable. 'I ain't like ashamed of who I am... just don't want to fucking deal with all that aggro again. Contacted an uncle, mind. Think I might show him 'round here, before I go. He'd like that.'

Colin's Post:

'Baynes wouldn't ever had suggested Lux Interis even if it had been an option. Though he didn't let me know just how rear-echelon Boston fucking is.'

[I'm perfectly happy with the major Boston Chantries being arrogant snobs thinking membership is 'so wonderful' (hubris is a common failing in Mages, after all..). Just object to the idea that *all* Chantries are like this (after all, every Chantry is unique). And you don't have to make a whole Chantry of Cyberpunks; the great thing about this game-region is that it's realistically possible to have cross-Chantry 'interest groups' to form.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:47 am

'Yeah... what sort of things to teach? Or guard?'

"Gifts...I can teach a few gifts, and as for guarding...stuff like a good place to sleep. I can chase away those who would take it."
The rat spirit said and she scratched her round belly.
"Do you got more nom noms?"
She asked hopefully.

(OOC: They are not arrogant snobs, it is supply and demand, if you have something allot of people want then you set set the price and the price are usually, if the Chantry accept you at all, a time period doing guard duty and shit jobs before you are given access to the resources of the Chantry. Also it is not hubris, it simple fact having access to Nodes, libraries and a large group of other mages to help keep you safe is really useful simple as that, surely this is not a difficult concept to grasp? The books straight up say that almost all well established Chantries are picky about members and have a period where the new member serve as a Sebtunel before they become full members and this makes perfect sense so I am not changing that for this game. Small Chantries with hardly any resources who are desperate for membership might not have such arrangements. And yes some very liberal Chantries such as Steelhaven do not have the arengement with a Sentinel Cabal, but most do. Now as for a cross Chantry interest group well I have not really made any of the members of the Chantries in Boston itself to be as extreme as Nicole so it is not really much more work to make an entire Chantry in the surrounding area than making members of a group of Chantries in surrounding areas.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:28 am

Nicole wrote:'Who is this, and how?' she shot back.
Colin frowned, "Without naming names - a certain Senior Enforcer who has it in for Bee, Kyle, and me in particular, and the whole Chantry in general... If there are records on your history in the Security Office, she can get them."

Nicole wrote:'Sure enough of that to bet your skin on it? How about others?'
He shrugged, "I'm not saying it wasn't to prevent you from future achievements - only that the argument is not substantial enough to convince anyone to drop the issue. That's not to say it can't be leveraged at the hearing, of course. But it might be wise not to be too overconfident about it, even if you're important enough to be targeted."

Nicole wrote:'Yet they're one person. The strongest ship can't fight a whole fleet by itself.'
He nodded, "No, I suppose not... well, if it were a matter between her and a Nephandi, my money would actually be on her over the battlecruiser, given enough time, but with time as a factor... well, the others in on it so far stand to lose more if our common enemy gets their way, and they know it. But there's a fair bit of compartmentalized information."

Nicole wrote:The Etherite considered this for a moment before replying. 'Yes, I think they would. There's nothing more... delicious than taking your enemy's very future and making it yours. Proves, like that your way is the superior one, and theirs the inferior... and deserves to be wiped out. It's like when the gov't kidnapped kids off reservations, put 'em in boarding schools and turned them into “proper, white Americans”. Or when colleges skim off poor scholarship kids to turn them into the people who oppressed their very parents.'
He frowned, "A valid point - if the Union saw it that way. But by pretty much all accounts, they're viewing us Mystics as a disease to be eradicated, an anomaly to be erased, more than an ideological enemy to be swayed or retrained... so they kill us to curb our Deviancy."

Nicole wrote:Another pause, as though considering what to tell the Orphan. 'Not completely... yet.' looking distinctively uncomfortable. 'I ain't like ashamed of who I am... just don't want to fucking deal with all that aggro again. Contacted an uncle, mind. Think I might show him 'round here, before I go. He'd like that.'
He nodded, "And there, I think, we have a lot of the root of your trauma... well, there are better people than me to discuss that with. Hm, is your uncle the sort who'd break out in hives from visiting my shop, or more like you?"

Nicole wrote:'Baynes wouldn't ever had suggested Lux Interis even if it had been an option. Though he didn't let me know just how rear-echelon Boston fucking is.'
He shrugged, "Oh, Boston's not all bad, but I wouldn't have recommended anyone to Lux nowadays, either. Just ask Adept Markov... Besides, you can get away with a bit more technomancy in Boston than most other cities, I think, thanks to the presence of MIT."

Anja wrote:"Let me check that."
Darrian said and he pulled a small bottle from his pocked at dripped a drop onto his own tongue then he looked at the candy and said.
"Sugar, artificial color, citrus oil...corn starch...it is indeed just a lemon candy."
He smiled thinly and picked up a piece for himself, "Then a plain toffee should be safe."
Stuffing it in his mouth and giving it a couple of chews, he added, "Alas, earwax."

Anja wrote:Jeffry started working his hands over the bowl in the sigils for Intelligo and Vim then he said.
"It is made with hedge wizardry but if translated to Spheres then Matter and Prime, the bowl create the candy."
He nodded, "So, a bit of sweet loot, I suppose. The decorations are a bit... unsettling, though."

Anja wrote:"That is a fair point young man, however such rooms are also likely to be protected."
Jeffry say.
"So we move with caution."
He said and he looked to Anna who was standing outside one of the doors with her pendulums.
"Yeah there is a pretty hefty ward on this."
The young apprentice said.
Jeffry just nodded at that, and he cast another spell Perdo Vim and then pointed to the door Anna had told was warded.
"It should be safe to enter now."
He said before he went to do just that.
He nodded and looked at the next door, then to Anna, "Is this one warded, too?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:57 pm

He smiled thinly and picked up a piece for himself, "Then a plain toffee should be safe."
Stuffing it in his mouth and giving it a couple of chews, he added, "Alas, earwax."

"It should taste like regular toffee."
Darrian replied looking a bit confused.

He nodded, "So, a bit of sweet loot, I suppose. The decorations are a bit... unsettling, though."

"I mean when you take a break from whatever it is you do with demons to make a self filling candy bowl, what better than a demon orgy for the decorations."
Marian said with a shrug.
"Fucking Nephandi."

He nodded and looked at the next door, then to Anna, "Is this one warded, too?"

"Yeah but pretty simply, probably just something to let the owner know if someone have been in their room."
Anna replied after consulting her pendulum.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Anja's Post:

'What are “gifts”?' she answered. 'I don't have anything for you now, but I might bring you something nice later.'

Colin's Post:

'And how would this “Security Office” know anything about my history?' tone suspicious.

Colin's Post:

A disgusted shrug to this. It was quite clear the woman was developing a very poor view of Hermetics.

Colin's Post:

The Etherite looked as though she was going to answer, but stopped herself. 'Yes, understood.' she stated simply.

Colin's Post:

'Yeah... it's called “people who try to force me to be something I ain't and don't want to be.”'

Colin's Post:

'Not a 'shifter, if that's what you're asking.'

Colin's Post:

'Yes, understood.' she repeated.

[True. However, in reply I say 'endowment effect'. A known bias, don't see why Mages would be immune (including Nicole herself re skills). We're pretty close in view here, 'splitting the difference' wouldn't be much. Particularly as you seem to be defending a 'this is how things work' for locations/groups/people who don't even exist yet (?).

As for cross-Chantry/Tradition interest groups... who said they would *need* to agree with Nicole's political views? They're a bunch of people who come together due to well, a mutual interest. If Serge was approached to join an 'art group' which met every couple of weeks or something, would *he* need to have 'political agreement' with them? And why would they all need to be in the same Chantry?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:50 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed in the wake, clearly not that interested in the books. On seeing the spirit, she drew her pistol, though didn't fire at the possible-enemy. Plus, was unsure whether she could even hurt the thing.

Anja's Posts:

Silently, she holstered her weapon and moved over towards the brain, looking at it critically. She didn't know biology but if Darrian was correct there would be a BCI somewhere which acted as the bridge between electronic and biological. Hell, even some trunking to tap with her PDA...

If the brain was hooked up to the computer units... it would pique her personal interest. Which meant she'd actually investigate further than ordered.

Colin's Post:

'Erm... what am I agreeing to here?' she replied suspiciously.

Anja's Post:

Tasks done, she fell in with the rest of the group, one eye on the radar app as she wheeled the dolly. As the group explored the room, the Etherite stood near the doorway, clearly uninterested. Though the everlasting candy bowl did get a tiny bit of a smile.

[New Demeanour: Solider. Does not chat, does not proffer advice and doesn't do anything unless directly ordered.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:06 pm

'What are “gifts”?' she answered. 'I don't have anything for you now, but I might bring you something nice later.'

"The powers of the shifters...they get them from spirits...like me ta da..."
The rat said and she scratched her belly again.
"Ok then...went me to guard your stuff for you? For I can do that for some premium garbage...oh I do love garbage."

(OOC: I am not going to change how Chantries take in members.)
(OOC 2: Well I can make interest groups certainly, what sort of interest group did you have in mind for Nicole?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:15 pm

Nicole followed in the wake, clearly not that interested in the books. On seeing the spirit, she drew her pistol, though didn't fire at the possible-enemy. Plus, was unsure whether she could even hurt the thing.

Darrian nudge your arm with the handle of his cane then he handed you some glasses and a cloth used to wipe them along with a small spray bottle.
"Solution to see spirits...it is in the liquid...allow you to see different spectrums of the Ether, you can use that spray on other glasses as well and get about an hours worth of seeing into the spirit world, you have about ten uses in that bottle let me know when you need more."
The alchemist said.
"I meant to give it to you earlier but I was distracted do forgive me."

Silently, she holstered her weapon and moved over towards the brain, looking at it critically. She didn't know biology but if Darrian was correct there would be a BCI somewhere which acted as the bridge between electronic and biological. Hell, even some trunking to tap with her PDA...

If the brain was hooked up to the computer units... it would pique her personal interest. Which meant she'd actually investigate further than ordered.

There was a BCI near the base of the brain and the lines from the computers to the brain went though this. There seamed to be something inside of the organ as well but you could not be sure. Beynes probably would be interested in this thing. The brain was hooked into the computer units.

Tasks done, she fell in with the rest of the group, one eye on the radar app as she wheeled the dolly. As the group explored the room, the Etherite stood near the doorway, clearly uninterested. Though the everlasting candy bowl did get a tiny bit of a smile.

There was nothing on the radar for most of the time thought here was a spirit who passed a corridor nearby at some point, it did not seam interested in the mages and continued on it's way.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next