Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

4 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:12 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Definitely faetouched."
Snow said.
"But no you would not be first in line to be shived."
She said.
"If he is connected to the fae yes he is, then he would be the most dangerous."
Thomas muttered.
Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Are you sure it would be a good idea to try to murder someone with links to the Fae? They can be terribly vindictive, after all, and they don't exactly play by our rules..."
Anja wrote:"That is a fair point, I guess the little shit get to live."
Thomas said with a chuckle.

"Nooooo!!!!!!! Someone finally thought I was shiv-worthy. And now it's gone. Damn you logic!!!!!" Serge said jokingly shaking his fist to the sky before continuing with the drawing he was working. "Oh well. Ms. Olivia Hughes over there probably thinks I'm still worth a shiv." Serge said gesturing to Juliana.

"Anyways I'm not that connected to fey. Can't even do any of their cool magick like create Chimeras or messing with contracts. Can't even access glamour. That stuff sounds sweet." he mused, "Surprised you jumped on the fey hate bandwagon so fast. Have you had bad run in's with them?" he asked Thomas casually.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Node, the Trial and a Cybernetics Convention IC thread 60

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 am

[Chantry Complex]

"Nooooo!!!!!!! Someone finally thought I was shiv-worthy. And now it's gone. Damn you logic!!!!!" Serge said jokingly shaking his fist to the sky before continuing with the drawing he was working. "Oh well. Ms. Olivia Hughes over there probably thinks I'm still worth a shiv." Serge said gesturing to Juliana.

"Just loosen my bonds and I can filet you if that is what you want."
Julianna said with a cruel grin.
"Hey let him finish my drawing first Jules."
Snow said with a chuckle.
"Why are we casually joking with the enemy who want to Gilgul us?"
Thomas complained.
"Well I don't think the little Dreamer personally are planning on ripping someone's soul out."
Snow protested.

Anyways I'm not that connected to fey. Can't even do any of their cool magick like create Chimeras or messing with contracts. Can't even access glamour. That stuff sounds sweet." he mused, "Surprised you jumped on the fey hate bandwagon so fast. Have you had bad run in's with them?" he asked Thomas casually.

"Not hate child, caution."
Thomas replied.
"Fae are hard to impossible to understand and while linear their powers are impressive. They can be a serious danger if you get on their bad side and getting on their bad side is not hard."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:43 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Something that can be said about people in general. Y'know, like when bosses are always so shocked when folks quit. They think they're so understanding and the company totally the best so it makes no sense to them that others might be so rude to disagree with these "facts".' Nicole replied thoughtfully, clearly her own situation on the mind again.

Anja's Post:

'Dunno, not my job. Though I do wonder if like, the Fleet has in fact already agreed to buy the ship - salvage rules mean it does belong to us, after all.' looking around curiously.

[I basically did this scene as a change to get Nick to meet say Hastings or someone to do with the Fleet, as she won't approach them herself. That is, if you want that to happen.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:39 pm

[Concordia]

'Something that can be said about people in general. Y'know, like when bosses are always so shocked when folks quit. They think they're so understanding and the company totally the best so it makes no sense to them that others might be so rude to disagree with these "facts".' Nicole replied thoughtfully, clearly her own situation on the mind again.

"That is true, sometimes someone have such a different experience in life it is impossible to understand the motivations of others, but I would think often those bosses know why their workers quit they just don't want to know."
Carlos muttered.
"But yeah sort of like that.

'Dunno, not my job. Though I do wonder if like, the Fleet has in fact already agreed to buy the ship - salvage rules mean it does belong to us, after all.' looking around curiously.

"I do not know anything about any sale but yes if your group slaveged the ship she is yours."
Carlos agreed. You saw a couple of men in Eternaut unoforms, clearly muscle, and a tall, strange man walking out of the ship along with a handsome woman in her 40's, also wearing a uniform, the group was talking together and the woman gave several orders to dock workers and techs. Carlos nidged Nick.
"Look at that...I think that is the Admiral herself, perhaps she is curious about the ship as well."

(OOC: We can do that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:54 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Well, yeah. If I admit I am wrong I'll have to re-think shit, which might be uncomfortable and all that. Like if I realise that my place ain't the greatest place to be oh, I might need to do something about that. You know the saying; folks don't quit companies, they quit bosses.'

Anja's Post:

'It is. She was the speaker at my Academy graduation.' Nicole replied softly, eyeing the Admiral curiously, wondering if they were simply going to go on their way or desire to talk to them, if only a moment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:52 pm

[Concordia]

Well, yeah. If I admit I am wrong I'll have to re-think shit, which might be uncomfortable and all that. Like if I realise that my place ain't the greatest place to be oh, I might need to do something about that. You know the saying; folks don't quit companies, they quit bosses.'

"Yeah now that is certainly the truth."
Carlos said then he sigh.
"The problem is a system where someone is not just in charge but who believe being in charge make them worth more than those who work for them."

'It is. She was the speaker at my Academy graduation.' Nicole replied softly, eyeing the Admiral curiously, wondering if they were simply going to go on their way or desire to talk to them, if only a moment.

"She is the next Primus they say, when Julian Space retires, which some say will happen soon."
Carlos gossiped as the Admiral told her men a few more instructions and then ehaded down the docks with her bodyguard, stopping when she saw Nicole and Carlos.
"Excuse me?"
She asked in a clear, strong voice.
"I remember you...Scientiest Bouchard yes? And from how I hear it you where one of those who captured this ship? Am I right? Good good...do you have a moment?"
The Admiral spoke quickly as if there was a million idea in her head waiting to be given voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:48 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'Ain't bitching 'bout that. Just the other way - the view from the corner office that the ones on the shop floor are worth little, easily replaced. You bitch? "you should be grateful". You quit? "Oh well, more where they came from". Totally fucking missing the balance of forces vs the Union. I know Baynes suspects there's loads of indies who've dropped out of all this 'cos of shitty treatment and stupid bosses.'

Anja's Post:

'And what did she do to deserve that?' tone making it obvious she regarded the job as some kind of punishment, or at least a waste of time. 'It's almost as bad as being made Vice-President. Though I ain't sure if Primus actaully has a workload.' carefully watching developments so they weren't accidentally overhead.

Anja's Post:

A stiffening on realising the Admiral was apparently approaching them, which was proven correct. 'Yes, Ma'am.' she replied politely, making it obvious she was free.

[Well, Hastings is going to hear Nick's name associated with three good things about the same time, which can't hurt.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:48 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"Just loosen my bonds and I can filet you if that is what you want."
Thomas complained.
"Well I don't think the little Dreamer personally are planning on ripping someone's soul out."
Snow protested.

"You gotta admit it's more interesting than wallowing. Usually we'd be trying to kill each other and that never left time to ask each other the fun question we were always curious about." Serge said. "Like how fast would I die if you pushed me into a Labyrinth wall? Is it different for different section of the wall or would every part consume me at an equal rate?"

Anja wrote:"Not hate child, caution."
Thomas replied.
"Fae are hard to impossible to understand and while linear their powers are impressive. They can be a serious danger if you get on their bad side and getting on their bad side is not hard."

"Is that something you were told or experienced first hand? Cause what you mention can apply to anyone. Impossible to understand, easily angered, and vindictive are traits we kind of apply to anyone we don't know about." Serge said hoping to have finally cracked a bit of Thomas's guard and get him to talk a bit more. Though the direction of where the conversation was unlikely to help him he was happy to have any avenue other than abject silence.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 am

[Chantry Complex]

You gotta admit it's more interesting than wallowing. Usually we'd be trying to kill each other and that never left time to ask each other the fun question we were always curious about." Serge said. "Like how fast would I die if you pushed me into a Labyrinth wall? Is it different for different section of the wall or would every part consume me at an equal rate?"

"I guess it do no harm, and to answer your question it would depend on what was on your wall, if it was just muscle, skin or bone then it would do you no harm, but mouths would bite and there are tentacles to consider."
Snow replied.

"Is that something you were told or experienced first hand? Cause what you mention can apply to anyone. Impossible to understand, easily angered, and vindictive are traits we kind of apply to anyone we don't know about." Serge said hoping to have finally cracked a bit of Thomas's guard and get him to talk a bit more. Though the direction of where the conversation was unlikely to help him he was happy to have any avenue other than abject silence.

"That is true and at times social norms of others can be hard to understand, for example Norwegians are seen as cold and unfeeling as expressing strong emotions in public are generally not done and Americans are noisy and annoying to Norwegians with their tendency to not respect personal boundaries, a gesture that means hey come over here in a friendly manner in USA means you are a dog in Korean so there are things like that when you can anger someone by accident but for the most part with human beings you have an idea what will set them off, you can understand their motivations, but with Fae and spirits their ideas is so alien so hey do you want a cup of coffee can mean for them please eat my liver, and that is terrifying when combined with the power to back it up."
Thomas explained.
"But no it is not personal experience it is common sense."

[Concordia]

'Ain't bitching 'bout that. Just the other way - the view from the corner office that the ones on the shop floor are worth little, easily replaced. You bitch? "you should be grateful". You quit? "Oh well, more where they came from". Totally fucking missing the balance of forces vs the Union. I know Baynes suspects there's loads of indies who've dropped out of all this 'cos of shitty treatment and stupid bosses.'

"There are many who have not joined the Traditions or who left due to policies. One of the problem is that the Traditions started as a war council, just a quick meshing together of the Traditions so we could fight the Order of Reason, which is good and well the problem is that it is not a good way to make a society that last. Another problem is that our leaders for the most part are centuries old and old views that are centuries old which is why things like indentured servitude and public flogging is still a thing."
Carlos said with a sigh.

'And what did she do to deserve that?' tone making it obvious she regarded the job as some kind of punishment, or at least a waste of time. 'It's almost as bad as being made Vice-President. Though I ain't sure if Primus actaully has a workload.' carefully watching developments so they weren't accidentally overhead.

"I don't know but if the rumors are true at least we will get another Primus who have not yet rounded a century of age which might be good and also she is a woman so that might help with some of the..."
Carlos glanced at Nicole.
"Well you know the SONS of Ether can be a bit Victorian...I hear the Admiral is even going to try to change the Tradition's name to be a bit less male centric."

A stiffening on realising the Admiral was apparently approaching them, which was proven correct. 'Yes, Ma'am.' she replied politely, making it obvious she was free.

"It is good to meet you again Scientists."
She said holding out her hand first to Nicole and then to Carlos.
"This is Victor."
She said indicating her guard. Victor said nothing.
"So do you have a moment Scientist Bouchard I wanted to discuss plans for the explorer."
The Admiral asked.

(OOC: Indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:55 am

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Yeah Moloch's frozen prison is not a world I would like to live in forever."
Snow agreed with a shudder.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I've seen it... it's a bleak hellscape, alright, bereft of hope."

Anja wrote:"If the new reality is as flawed as this one then someone will destroy it as well, and toss the dice as you say until we get it right, you know like in older computer RPGs where you can roll again and again and again until you get the stats you want for your character."
Snow replied with firm conviction.
He shook his head, "Not quite the same, this is more like being twenty hours in on a game and then deciding you've made an early mistake, and starting over. Except the scale is a thousand magnitudes greater."

Anja wrote:"That is a fair point, I guess the little shit get to live."
Thomas said with a chuckle.
Jeremy wrote:"Nooooo!!!!!!! Someone finally thought I was shiv-worthy. And now it's gone. Damn you logic!!!!!" Serge said jokingly shaking his fist to the sky before continuing with the drawing he was working. "Oh well. Ms. Olivia Hughes over there probably thinks I'm still worth a shiv." Serge said gesturing to Juliana.
Anja wrote:"Just loosen my bonds and I can filet you if that is what you want."
Thomas complained.
Snow protested.
Jeremy wrote:"You gotta admit it's more interesting than wallowing. Usually we'd be trying to kill each other and that never left time to ask each other the fun question we were always curious about." Serge said. "Like how fast would I die if you pushed me into a Labyrinth wall? Is it different for different section of the wall or would every part consume me at an equal rate?"
Anja wrote:"I guess it do no harm, and to answer your question it would depend on what was on your wall, if it was just muscle, skin or bone then it would do you no harm, but mouths would bite and there are tentacles to consider."
Snow replied.
He shook his head, "Neither he nor I are going to rip anyone's souls out... I'll gather the scraps, at most. And Labyrinths don't have orifices - with or without teeth - on every square inch of wall. But believe me, if you fall into a maw, death is usually... fairly quick, but very unpleasant. Unless you do something really fundamentally moronic, like Defiler of Rats did..."

Jeremy wrote:"Anyways I'm not that connected to fey. Can't even do any of their cool magick like create Chimeras or messing with contracts. Can't even access glamour. That stuff sounds sweet." he mused, "Surprised you jumped on the fey hate bandwagon so fast. Have you had bad run in's with them?" he asked Thomas casually.
Anja wrote:"Not hate child, caution."
Thomas replied.
Jeremy wrote:"Is that something you were told or experienced first hand? Cause what you mention can apply to anyone. Impossible to understand, easily angered, and vindictive are traits we kind of apply to anyone we don't know about." Serge said hoping to have finally cracked a bit of Thomas's guard and get him to talk a bit more. Though the direction of where the conversation was unlikely to help him he was happy to have any avenue other than abject silence.
Anja wrote:"That is true and at times social norms of others can be hard to understand, for example Norwegians are seen as cold and unfeeling as expressing strong emotions in public are generally not done and Americans are noisy and annoying to Norwegians with their tendency to not respect personal boundaries, a gesture that means hey come over here in a friendly manner in USA means you are a dog in Korean so there are things like that when you can anger someone by accident but for the most part with human beings you have an idea what will set them off, you can understand their motivations, but with Fae and spirits their ideas is so alien so hey do you want a cup of coffee can mean for them please eat my liver, and that is terrifying when combined with the power to back it up."
Thomas explained.
He chuckled, "Thomas is quite correct, son, but you underestimate your associations. You might not have powers from them, but you've already earned their respect and friendship - a fickle, dangerous thing to possess. And never accept a gift without a predetermined gift in return - but be polite and courteous in your refusal."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:37 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I've seen it... it's a bleak hellscape, alright, bereft of hope."

"You have had visions Mr Wainwright?"
Snow asked with a frown.

He shook his head, "Not quite the same, this is more like being twenty hours in on a game and then deciding you've made an early mistake, and starting over. Except the scale is a thousand magnitudes greater."

"It is still better to just start over than to spend the next 100 hours being annoyed over the mistake."
The prisoner protested.

He shook his head, "Neither he nor I are going to rip anyone's souls out... I'll gather the scraps, at most. And Labyrinths don't have orifices - with or without teeth - on every square inch of wall. But believe me, if you fall into a maw, death is usually... fairly quick, but very unpleasant. Unless you do something really fundamentally moronic, like Defiler of Rats did..."

"You are part of a system hat likes to rip people's souls out so yes you are in on it."
Snow muttered bitterly.
"And I have heard of Defiler of Rats, he was an idiot and died as he lived putting his parts where they should not be."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:51 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"You have had visions Mr Wainwright?"
Snow asked with a frown.
Colin grimaced, "Something of the sort. Predictions of the past, memories of the future, that sort of thing."

Anja wrote:"It is still better to just start over than to spend the next 100 hours being annoyed over the mistake."
The prisoner protested.
He shrugged, "For a single player game, perhaps. But if it happens to be something like World of Warcraft, would it be right to reset the server for everyone just because you regret some early character choices?"

Anja wrote:"You are part of a system hat likes to rip people's souls out so yes you are in on it."
Snow muttered bitterly.
"And I have heard of Defiler of Rats, he was an idiot and died as he lived putting his parts where they should not be."
He frowned, "Well, technically true, but I don't support or condone the practice; in fact, I believe it has only been appropriately used once throughout the entirety of history. Not that your faction is entirely innocent of the practice, of course, but the Traditions do abuse the damned ritual... Well, the law will shift in my lifetime, but I doubt we'll be entirely rid of the practice. But at least future widderslaintes might get a shot at growing up, even reverting their Avatars."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:13 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin grimaced, "Something of the sort. Predictions of the past, memories of the future, that sort of thing."

"Nifty ability that."
Snow commented.
"Must be useful."

He shrugged, "For a single player game, perhaps. But if it happens to be something like World of Warcraft, would it be right to reset the server for everyone just because you regret some early character choices?"

"No it would not, it would be resetting a server that have become a glitched up mess that really no one get any enjoyment out of."
The prisoner replied.

He frowned, "Well, technically true, but I don't support or condone the practice; in fact, I believe it has only been appropriately used once throughout the entirety of history. Not that your faction is entirely innocent of the practice, of course, but the Traditions do abuse the damned ritual... Well, the law will shift in my lifetime, but I doubt we'll be entirely rid of the practice. But at least future widderslaintes might get a shot at growing up, even reverting their Avatars."

"That is all well and good but as long as you take part in taking prisoners you know will be Gilgulled you are part of it, you do not get to wash your hands of it by saying that you are against the practice, you take a active part in making sure the ritual are performed."
Snow muttered bitterly glaring at Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:02 am

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

A roll of the eyes to this. 'I've done Basic History too, mon. We were on the other side of the sidewalk for that one. So correctly, the Traditions banded together to fight us. Which raises the question; why the fuck should we be okay with that kind of crap in 2015 when we weren't in 1715?'

Anja's Post:

'And with the name change, the patriarchy shall crumble to dust!' she quipped sarcastically, raising a mocking fist in salute. 'Shit, mon. How can you say that crap knowing a) what the cops did to your bro and b) the country is at this point led by a black guy?' giving Carlos a "I expected better from you" look.

'And I actually have more beefs with "Ether" than "Sons" anyhow. But you know my theory on that.' refrencing Nicole's pet theory that "Ether" was just a generic name for whatever the particular Scientist couldn't properly identify yet.

Anja's Post:

'Hey, man.' giving Victor a nod in greeting after shaking hands with the Admiral. 'Erm... sure.' she replied confusedly on the question. Biting back any smart comments or trying to preempt the conversation. And hoping they were ones she could actually answer.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:35 am

[Concordia]

A roll of the eyes to this. 'I've done Basic History too, mon. We were on the other side of the sidewalk for that one. So correctly, the Traditions banded together to fight us. Which raises the question; why the fuck should we be okay with that kind of crap in 2015 when we weren't in 1715?'

"I guess because the Traditions took us in then the Order of Reason tossed us out, or more we...left under less than cordial circumstances. The lesser evil so to speak and the problem is that most of the Etherites do not really mind what the Traditions do and in fact agree with it and those who disagree, what can we do other than try to affect public opinion."
Carlos said with a sigh.

And with the name change, the patriarchy shall crumble to dust!' she quipped sarcastically, raising a mocking fist in salute. 'Shit, mon. How can you say that crap knowing a) what the cops did to your bro and b) the country is at this point led by a black guy?' giving Carlos a "I expected better from you" look.

'And I actually have more beefs with "Ether" than "Sons" anyhow. But you know my theory on that.' refrencing Nicole's pet theory that "Ether" was just a generic name for whatever the particular Scientist couldn't properly identify yet.

"I am a bit confused here Nicole? What do me having beef with the Police in America have to do with me supporting a name change for our Tradition, and no a name will not change everything, but it is a step, things will not just snap and be perfect over night, it just do not happen that way, but one step in the right direction is still a step in the right direction. As for Ether I like that, it is not a theory I ever worked with but it is a symbol of science outside of the ideas approved by the Union."
Carlos said looking a bit confused.

Hey, man.' giving Victor a nod in greeting after shaking hands with the Admiral. 'Erm... sure.' she replied confusedly on the question. Biting back any smart comments or trying to preempt the conversation. And hoping they were ones she could actually answer.

Victor gave a nod and grunted something that could be a greeting, he was clearly not a man who enjoyed talking. The Admiral nodded.
"Splendid...mostly I was wondering if your group would be willing to sell the ship, with some upgrades she would be a nice addition to the fleet."
She said enthusiastically.
"Also would you be able to give more of an account of what happened, we have talked with the captured pilot and are analyzing the black box but that do not give the entire picture."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:12 pm

[Concordia]

Anja's Post:

'I don't see many of us agreeing to shit like that. Least, I hope not. Nah, think most don't realise the truth; it flies under the radar 'cos of "don't ask, don't tell".' shaking her head.

Anja's Post:

'Many will see the first step as the last one. They will be happy that step is one which changes nothing underneath. And some folks will be taken in by the PR moves... like slavery. "No, they are not a slave, they are simply my Custos!". Do you want me to deal with the rotten wood in your house, mon - or simply paint over it so it looks like I have?'

Anja's Post:

'You've not sorted that yet?' Nicole replied, clearly a bit surprised. 'What happens to the ship is not my call, ma'am; but are not telling any secrets to say we don't have the capabilities to keep it and don't think we have any plans to operate it. Best bet would be to contact Master Morgan and discuss it further. Can give you the details now.'

Anja's Post:

'Left a whole debrief at the Security Office, ma'am. But in short; we were on the way from Boston to Concordia when we found this ship, derelict and with severe damage. All crew dead, no sign of them fighting back. Me and Instructor Van de Bloc managed to secure the ship and get it capable of moving under tow when we picked up hostiles on radar. Managed a combination of deception and fireworks to keep them at bay long enough for the three ships from the Fleet to show up, which caused them to retreat.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:49 pm

[Concordia]

I don't see many of us agreeing to shit like that. Least, I hope not. Nah, think most don't realise the truth; it flies under the radar 'cos of "don't ask, don't tell".' shaking her head.

"Why not our Tradition is known as the most sexist. When several fo the Traditions wanted to outlaw slavery the Sons of Ether protested since getting people sentenced to indentured servitude is a great way to get research subjects. Why on earth would you think we are less tolerant of the status quo than any other the other Traditions?"
Carlos asked raising an eyebrow.
"I love my Tradition do not get me wrong but we are not as a whole any more modern or forward thinking than the rest of them."

Many will see the first step as the last one. They will be happy that step is one which changes nothing underneath. And some folks will be taken in by the PR moves... like slavery. "No, they are not a slave, they are simply my Custos!". Do you want me to deal with the rotten wood in your house, mon - or simply paint over it so it looks like I have?'

"And unless that first step is taken, nothing will happen, to sit down and say well if not everything can be made perfect right now all at once then nothing should be done is a good way to have no chance. Everything changing all at once is not going to happen, there would be far to much resistance to that, but improving things one step of the to lead places and it is better to have slow progress than no progress at all."
The other Etherite replied.

'You've not sorted that yet?' Nicole replied, clearly a bit surprised.

"It have been a few hours Scientist Bouchard, no we have not put an offer on the table yet as we wanted to see the ship to determine what it is worth first."
The Admiral said raising an eyebrow.

'What happens to the ship is not my call, ma'am; but are not telling any secrets to say we don't have the capabilities to keep it and don't think we have any plans to operate it. Best bet would be to contact Master Morgan and discuss it further. Can give you the details now.'

"Very good if you give me the details I can discuss a sale with him, I am willing to give an offer for several hundred Drams of Tass for the ship though, and perhaps Earth currency as well."
Hastings replied with a firm nod.

Left a whole debrief at the Security Office, ma'am. But in short; we were on the way from Boston to Concordia when we found this ship, derelict and with severe damage. All crew dead, no sign of them fighting back. Me and Instructor Van de Bloc managed to secure the ship and get it capable of moving under tow when we picked up hostiles on radar. Managed a combination of deception and fireworks to keep them at bay long enough for the three ships from the Fleet to show up, which caused them to retreat.'

The Admiral listened and nodded.
"I read the report, and it was the Awakened known as Hostile 745, aka Jodi Blake that was suspected of attacking the Explorer?"
She asked.
"Strange I keep hearing that name today."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:58 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"That is true and at times social norms of others can be hard to understand, for example Norwegians are seen as cold and unfeeling as expressing strong emotions in public are generally not done and Americans are noisy and annoying to Norwegians with their tendency to not respect personal boundaries, a gesture that means hey come over here in a friendly manner in USA means you are a dog in Korean so there are things like that when you can anger someone by accident but for the most part with human beings you have an idea what will set them off, you can understand their motivations, but with Fae and spirits their ideas is so alien so hey do you want a cup of coffee can mean for them please eat my liver, and that is terrifying when combined with the power to back it up."
Thomas explained.

"The Fae and Hermetics are quite alike in that regard wouldn't you say, despite the latter's animosity towards the former. I've had my words construed in way more nonsensical matters by Hermetics than I have by the fae. " Serge asked, wondering if you could pull some information about the Hermetic he saw in the memories, "And no it's not because I'm fae-touched. C'mon you've experienced some moments like that with Hermetics right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:40 am

"The Fae and Hermetics are quite alike in that regard wouldn't you say, despite the latter's animosity towards the former. I've had my words construed in way more nonsensical matters by Hermetics than I have by the fae. " Serge asked, wondering if you could pull some information about the Hermetic he saw in the memories, "And no it's not because I'm fae-touched. C'mon you've experienced some moments like that with Hermetics right?"

"The Order of Hermes are not against fae, they are cautious of them and recognize the damage they can do, they have always against ehm...molesting them to avoid a gaggle of angry, unknowable entities attacking the order, that is not the same as showing animosity. I spoke with a vampire once who said if he became Prince, the leader of their cities his first two rules would be leave the mages alone and leave the mages alone in bitter letters, that do not mean he hate us it mean he fear what we can do to his society."
Thomas replied.
"But yes The Order of Hermes value words greatly and so might see more into it than was intended however to make a concrete example there is an English Fae who live in a field of corn, when travelers cross the field she will raise her arm and call out a greeting, if you wave back then she take that as invitation to rip your brain out of your skull, replace it with hey and then use your mindless body as her eternal slave, if asked she do not see herself as an aggressor, waving back clearly mean you want to have your brain ripped out of your skull."
The Nephandus continued.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:02 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"Nifty ability that."
Snow commented.
"Must be useful."
Colin shrugged, "So one would think."

Anja wrote:"No it would not, it would be resetting a server that have become a glitched up mess that really no one get any enjoyment out of."
The prisoner replied.
He arched an eyebrow, "No-one, or just no-one in your specific friend group?"

Anja wrote:"That is all well and good but as long as you take part in taking prisoners you know will be Gilgulled you are part of it, you do not get to wash your hands of it by saying that you are against the practice, you take a active part in making sure the ritual are performed."
Snow muttered bitterly glaring at Colin.
He nodded, "I am not washing my hands of the whole affair, since I do gain some personal... growth from attending, but do allow me to offer this counterpoint: you came here, of your own volition, knowing full well the risk of being captured."

Jeremy wrote:"The Fae and Hermetics are quite alike in that regard wouldn't you say, despite the latter's animosity towards the former. I've had my words construed in way more nonsensical matters by Hermetics than I have by the fae. " Serge asked, wondering if you could pull some information about the Hermetic he saw in the memories, "And no it's not because I'm fae-touched. C'mon you've experienced some moments like that with Hermetics right?"
Anja wrote:"The Order of Hermes are not against fae, they are cautious of them and recognize the damage they can do, they have always against ehm...molesting them to avoid a gaggle of angry, unknowable entities attacking the order, that is not the same as showing animosity. I spoke with a vampire once who said if he became Prince, the leader of their cities his first two rules would be leave the mages alone and leave the mages alone in bitter letters, that do not mean he hate us it mean he fear what we can do to his society."
Thomas replied.
"But yes The Order of Hermes value words greatly and so might see more into it than was intended however to make a concrete example there is an English Fae who live in a field of corn, when travelers cross the field she will raise her arm and call out a greeting, if you wave back then she take that as invitation to rip your brain out of your skull, replace it with hey and then use your mindless body as her eternal slave, if asked she do not see herself as an aggressor, waving back clearly mean you want to have your brain ripped out of your skull."
The Nephandus continued.
He smiled thinly, "In fairness, I do believe a substantial part of the Hermetic Code seems to be a matter of 'not doing that again', but yes, the Order does tend to put a lot of weight on etymologies long since out of fashion..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:06 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin shrugged, "So one would think."

"That must be why you are the most annoying Orphan in the Telurian."
Julianna muttered in the horrible screech of the Nephandi language.

He arched an eyebrow, "No-one, or just no-one in your specific friend group?"

"No one...can you say that you are actually happy? Or have you just managed to eke out moments of less suck from the big, black hole that is reality?"
Snow replied.

He nodded, "I am not washing my hands of the whole affair, since I do gain some personal... growth from attending, but do allow me to offer this counterpoint: you came here, of your own volition, knowing full well the risk of being captured."

"Yeah and that make it right then I guess in your eyes. Yes we took the risk, we where well aware of the risk and took it, that do not make the laws ok nor do it mean you have no part in it since you took part in capturing us."
Snow shot back.

He smiled thinly, "In fairness, I do believe a substantial part of the Hermetic Code seems to be a matter of 'not doing that again', but yes, the Order does tend to put a lot of weight on etymologies long since out of fashion..."

"Well to be fair they did change the wording...which is a bit odd since the original Code had rules about not changing it but I guess that is the fastest way to make a document go out of date."
Snow commented.
"The original code was this:
I, your new Hermetic name, hereby swear my everlasting loyalty to the Order of Hermes and its members.

I will not deprive nor attempt to deprive any member of the Order of his magical power. I will not slay nor attempt to slay any member of the Order, except in justly executed and formally declared Wizards' War. I hereby understand that Wizards' War is an open conflict between two magi who many slay each other without breaking this oath, and that should I be slain in a Wizards' War, no retribution shall fall on he who slays me.

I will abide by the decisions made by fair vote at tribunal. I will have one vote at tribunal, and I will use it prudently. I will respect as equal the votes of all others at tribunal.

I will not endanger the Order through my actions. Nor will I interfere with the affairs of mundanes and thereby bring ruin on my sodales. I will not deal with devils, lest I imperil my soul and the souls of my sodales as well. I will not molest the faeries, lest their vengeance catch my sodales also.

I will not use magic to scry upon members of the Order of Hermes, nor shall I use it to peer into their affairs.

I will train apprentices who will swear to this Code, and should any of them turn against the Order and my sodales, I shall be the first to strike them down and bring them to justice. No apprentice of mine shall be called a magus until he first swears to uphold this Code.

At this point, followers of Bonisagus recite: I shall further the knowledge of the Order and share with its members all that I find in my search for wisdom and power."
All others recite: I concede to Bonisagus the right to take my apprentice if he should find my apprentice valuable to him in his studies.

I request that should I break this oath, I be cast out of the Order. If I am cast out the Order, I ask my sodales to find me and slay me, that my life not continue in degredation and infamy.

The enemies of the Order are my enemies. The friends of the Order are my friends. The allies of the Order are my allies. Let us work together as one and grow hale and strong.

This oath I hereby swear on date. Woe to they who try to tempt me to break this oath, and woe to me if I succumb to the temptation."

The Nephanda paused to take a breath then continued.
"The new code is:
I swear everlasting loyalty to the Order and its members. The Order's enemies and friends are my enemies and friends, and I shall not spurn a friend nor succor an enemy.

I shall not through action or inaction endanger the Order, nor consort with devils or undead, nor anger the fae.

I shall not deprive any Order mage of magickal power nor through action or inaction attempt to bring harm to an Order mage, except in justly declared and open certamen.

I shall not spy by any means or manners upon another Order's mages private works, nor read an Order mage's mind, nor invade or observe another Order mage's sanctum, save to guard against a clear, direct, forceful and imminent threat to the safety of the Order.

If called before a Tribunal, I shall abide by its verdicts. If called to sit on a Tribunal, I shall vote wisely, respect the vote of others, and support the Tribunal's verdicts.

Upon reaching the fifth degree or higher, I shall train apprentices and instruct them in this Code. I bear the entire responsibility for my apprentices and shall duly admonish, restrain, discipline, or arrest an apprentice who endangers the Order, and shall yield same apprentice to the Order's lawfully appointed agent or Tribunal.

I solemnly swear to uphold this sacred Code of Hermes, and venture any risk or sacrifice to protect it. Should I breach it, may all mages of the Order rise as one united and hunt me down and destroy me forevermore

I solemnly swear to vigorously and actively pursue the Enemies of Ascension and to unmake their works in this world and all others."
Snow said then she grinned.
"See we get a mention in the second one...but yes in the new code it become much more clear the idea is not to hate on the fae but to avoid their wrath as that can be dangerous."
Thomas glanced at the other Fallen.
"Why do you know...BOTH...versions of the Code of Hermes by Hearth Snow?"
Snow shrugged again.
"I know things. Also I am House House Bjornaer so yeah there is that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:58 am

[Chantry Complex]

Anja wrote:"The Order of Hermes are not against fae, they are cautious of them and recognize the damage they can do, they have always against ehm...molesting them to avoid a gaggle of angry, unknowable entities attacking the order, that is not the same as showing animosity. I spoke with a vampire once who said if he became Prince, the leader of their cities his first two rules would be leave the mages alone and leave the mages alone in bitter letters, that do not mean he hate us it mean he fear what we can do to his society."
Thomas replied.
The Nephandus continued.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "In fairness, I do believe a substantial part of the Hermetic Code seems to be a matter of 'not doing that again', but yes, the Order does tend to put a lot of weight on etymologies long since out of fashion..."
Anja wrote:I solemnly swear to vigorously and actively pursue the Enemies of Ascension and to unmake their works in this world and all others."
"See we get a mention in the second one...but yes in the new code it become much more clear the idea is not to hate on the fae but to avoid their wrath as that can be dangerous."
"Why do you know...BOTH...versions of the Code of Hermes by Heart, Snow?"
Snow shrugged again.

Serge applauded at the recitation of the entire two version of the Hermetic Code. "That was pretty impressive. And here I thought he was going to be a former Hermetic." Serge said gesturing to Thomas. "House Bjornaer? That's a new one. Don't think I've heard of them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:18 am

[Chantry Complex]

Serge applauded at the recitation of the entire two version of the Hermetic Code. "That was pretty impressive. And here I thought he was going to be a former Hermetic." Serge said gesturing to Thomas. "House Bjornaer? That's a new one. Don't think I've heard of them."

"Well House Bjornaer have not been a part of the Order of Hermes for quite some time, I am not a former Hermetic and neither is my Mentor, but her Mentor was. We are a group of shapeshifters from an originally Germanic tradition. We are a society of those who have a Heart Beast, as in we have two True Forms. The House was always filled up with nature mystics and when the Traditions formed eventually it went over to the Verbena as that is a better fit than the Order of Hermes, though off course Hermetic magic is part of our history and part of our magick still."
Snow replied.
"The parting of my House from the Order of Hermes was on good terms so we often serve as ambassadors to the Order of Hermes when the two Traditions have to work together."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:35 pm

[Chantry Complex]
Anja wrote:"That must be why you are the most annoying Orphan in the Telurian."
Julianna muttered in the horrible screech of the Nephandi language.
Colin grinned, "Yes, and also, language."

Anja wrote:"No one...can you say that you are actually happy? Or have you just managed to eke out moments of less suck from the big, black hole that is reality?"
Snow replied.
He smiled, "I have a family that loves me, I run a business where I thrive and enjoy creating things with my own two hands, I have good friends, and I get the personal pleasure of thwarting those who would tear it all from me... Yes, I dare say I am happy. But I am also aware that I am priveleged in this regard, so I must work extra hard to help those who struggle to reach happiness and comfort. I won't lie, there are... darker days, past, present, and future, but those serve more to drive me to the good days, and to provide a bit of perspective."

Anja wrote:"Yeah and that make it right then I guess in your eyes. Yes we took the risk, we where well aware of the risk and took it, that do not make the laws ok nor do it mean you have no part in it since you took part in capturing us."
Snow shot back.
He shook his head, "It doesn't make it 'right', as such... but the very circumstances you yourselves created forced our hand. Were it up to me, you would be executed, for your next incarnation to be gently led off the Black Spiral from infancy. The Malfeans truly did the Nephandi dirty when they took over..."

Anja wrote:"Well to be fair they did change the wording...which is a bit odd since the original Code had rules about not changing it but I guess that is the fastest way to make a document go out of date."
Snow commented.
"The original code was this:
I, your new Hermetic name, hereby swear my everlasting loyalty to the Order of Hermes and its members.

I will not deprive nor attempt to deprive any member of the Order of his magical power. I will not slay nor attempt to slay any member of the Order, except in justly executed and formally declared Wizards' War. I hereby understand that Wizards' War is an open conflict between two magi who many slay each other without breaking this oath, and that should I be slain in a Wizards' War, no retribution shall fall on he who slays me.

I will abide by the decisions made by fair vote at tribunal. I will have one vote at tribunal, and I will use it prudently. I will respect as equal the votes of all others at tribunal.

I will not endanger the Order through my actions. Nor will I interfere with the affairs of mundanes and thereby bring ruin on my sodales. I will not deal with devils, lest I imperil my soul and the souls of my sodales as well. I will not molest the faeries, lest their vengeance catch my sodales also.

I will not use magic to scry upon members of the Order of Hermes, nor shall I use it to peer into their affairs.

I will train apprentices who will swear to this Code, and should any of them turn against the Order and my sodales, I shall be the first to strike them down and bring them to justice. No apprentice of mine shall be called a magus until he first swears to uphold this Code.

At this point, followers of Bonisagus recite: I shall further the knowledge of the Order and share with its members all that I find in my search for wisdom and power."
All others recite: I concede to Bonisagus the right to take my apprentice if he should find my apprentice valuable to him in his studies.

I request that should I break this oath, I be cast out of the Order. If I am cast out the Order, I ask my sodales to find me and slay me, that my life not continue in degredation and infamy.

The enemies of the Order are my enemies. The friends of the Order are my friends. The allies of the Order are my allies. Let us work together as one and grow hale and strong.

This oath I hereby swear on date. Woe to they who try to tempt me to break this oath, and woe to me if I succumb to the temptation."

The Nephanda paused to take a breath then continued.
"The new code is:
I swear everlasting loyalty to the Order and its members. The Order's enemies and friends are my enemies and friends, and I shall not spurn a friend nor succor an enemy.

I shall not through action or inaction endanger the Order, nor consort with devils or undead, nor anger the fae.

I shall not deprive any Order mage of magickal power nor through action or inaction attempt to bring harm to an Order mage, except in justly declared and open certamen.

I shall not spy by any means or manners upon another Order's mages private works, nor read an Order mage's mind, nor invade or observe another Order mage's sanctum, save to guard against a clear, direct, forceful and imminent threat to the safety of the Order.

If called before a Tribunal, I shall abide by its verdicts. If called to sit on a Tribunal, I shall vote wisely, respect the vote of others, and support the Tribunal's verdicts.

Upon reaching the fifth degree or higher, I shall train apprentices and instruct them in this Code. I bear the entire responsibility for my apprentices and shall duly admonish, restrain, discipline, or arrest an apprentice who endangers the Order, and shall yield same apprentice to the Order's lawfully appointed agent or Tribunal.

I solemnly swear to uphold this sacred Code of Hermes, and venture any risk or sacrifice to protect it. Should I breach it, may all mages of the Order rise as one united and hunt me down and destroy me forevermore

I solemnly swear to vigorously and actively pursue the Enemies of Ascension and to unmake their works in this world and all others."
"Why do you know...BOTH...versions of the Code of Hermes by Hearth Snow?"
Snow shrugged again.
Jeremy wrote:Serge applauded at the recitation of the entire two version of the Hermetic Code. "That was pretty impressive. And here I thought he was going to be a former Hermetic." Serge said gesturing to Thomas. "House Bjornaer? That's a new one. Don't think I've heard of them."
Anja wrote:"Well House Bjornaer have not been a part of the Order of Hermes for quite some time, I am not a former Hermetic and neither is my Mentor, but her Mentor was. We are a group of shapeshifters from an originally Germanic tradition. We are a society of those who have a Heart Beast, as in we have two True Forms. The House was always filled up with nature mystics and when the Traditions formed eventually it went over to the Verbena as that is a better fit than the Order of Hermes, though off course Hermetic magic is part of our history and part of our magick still."
Snow replied.
"The parting of my House from the Order of Hermes was on good terms so we often serve as ambassadors to the Order of Hermes when the two Traditions have to work together."
He paused, "Hm, I know one of that House... so, what manner of animal are you, then? I am guessing something wintry... polar fox? Some manner of weasel? Polar bear?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:31 pm

[Chantry Complex]

Colin grinned, "Yes, and also, language."

"It is a language indeed."
Julianna replied also in the Dragon's Tongue.

He smiled, "I have a family that loves me, I run a business where I thrive and enjoy creating things with my own two hands, I have good friends, and I get the personal pleasure of thwarting those who would tear it all from me... Yes, I dare say I am happy. But I am also aware that I am priveleged in this regard, so I must work extra hard to help those who struggle to reach happiness and comfort. I won't lie, there are... darker days, past, present, and future, but those serve more to drive me to the good days, and to provide a bit of perspective."

"It is the pain and the dark times that have to go, your family could die tomorrow, you could loose your job and your friends could leave you. Perhaps there is good things in your life right now, there is in mine as well, but we are all balancing on a knife's edge, a little to the side and we plummet into a world of misery, a world should not be like that."
Snow replied darkly.

[quote][He shook his head, "It doesn't make it 'right', as such... but the very circumstances you yourselves created forced our hand. Were it up to me, you would be executed, for your next incarnation to be gently led off the Black Spiral from infancy. The Malfeans truly did the Nephandi dirty when they took over..."/quote]

"It is up to you, you have the three of us dead to rights and you are armed you could easily kill us, but you choose not to."
Snow replied bitterly.
"As for the Malfeans, I think we do pretty good."

He paused, "Hm, I know one of that House... so, what manner of animal are you, then? I am guessing something wintry... polar fox? Some manner of weasel? Polar bear?"

"You got it in one I am a polar fox."
Snow said with a grin.
"And no I am not a Fera, I am not a werfox I am both a fox and a human."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next