Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:36 pm

The last Words of the banishing hit his welcome ears and the spirit was pushed out of normal space and up into its plane. Adley stood for a second, shaking with exertion, breathing heavily, clenching the brandished sword as if he was going to hit it again if it so much as thought about returning. Slowly, space gained its proportions around him.

He snapped back out of it as the Chief came over to him and he shook his head, one hand touching the spot where the thing had tried to manifest through him, pulling away his shirt to check. "I believe not. You?" He looked at his head and then went to see to Narim.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:49 pm

"I am fine."
The Chief said but he was clearly a bit shaken, for something to try to invade his mind, no Hermetic liked the thought of anything affecting his mind, his will. You see nothing when you pull your shit away and check your chest, other than sweat there is nothing there, no mark, no pain though the spot still feel slightly cold and your Avatar is still...indignant, at the attempt of something so static trying to enter it's host, however you do appear to be fine.

Narim have managed to sit up but he is clearly very shook up and he still appear to be in shock. The Paradox Spirit had touched Jeffry's mind for but a second, who knew what she had time to do to Narim. The Virtual Adept looked up at Adley and swallow, his screams had made his throat sore probably.
"I...is it gone?"
The young Master of the Art asked, then he added.
"T...thank you...thank you both you saved me...I have never seen such a Spirit...I...I could do nothing against her..."
The Adept said, he seamed more than a bit shell shocked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:03 pm

"Aww, that's a bummer. I might be talking out of my ass here but I'd think a group with ecstasy in its name wouldn't have an issue with that kind of thing." she giggles softly again.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Adley carefully handed the sword back out to his pater and knelt down beside the Adept, putting an hand out towards his arm. "It is gone, Narim," he said as reassuringly as he could. Then he looked up at at his mentor, concerned and still feeling the effects of the battle running through him. "Pater, what did that thing do to you both?"

The question served the purpose of asking if they needed to fetch assistance to assess Narim's state as he was not sure what kind of attack it had been. Then he looked back to the Adept. "Narim, it is gone," he repeated firmly. "You are safe now. I need you to tell me if you notice something something different...can you do that?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:21 pm

Jeffry took the sword, he handled it with great care.
"I can not be sure, but I can not remember the path to my office."
The old Hermetic said in a tense tone of voice, to have his mind altered in any way was terrifying for him though he did not show his discomfort.
"I think it...steal memories of places and locations, I have heard of his Paradox Spirit but I do not know it's name, it is associated with the Sphere of Correspondence and unless stopped it can cripple a mage, stealing all memories of space and locations, to the point where the afflicted willworker have to relearn how to walk and move, there have also been deaths, the shock of the lost memories becoming to much for the victim's brain to handle."
The old Hermetic spoke in a low tone of voice, for him forgetting a few locations where at worst an inconvenience, the attack itself a insult and humiliating but he would relearn the lost memories quickly enough, but Narim, not only had he been under attack by the Spirit much longer, but for a Master of Correspondence, probably his main Sphere, the loss of spacial memories would cripple his development, the Paradox Spirit had known how to hit her victim where it hurt.

Narim shook his head, trying to properly focus.
"I...my head hurt...badly and...there are holes in my memory."
The Adept said and sounded quite fearful.
"I...I can not remember the layout of my parents apartment...or how to get to the kitchens..."
The Correspondence mage said with increasing panic in it's voice.
"I...it took my memory...parts of it at least..."
Narim said as he glanced into his bedroom just to make sure that the Spirit was no longer there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Bianca:

Ryan smiles before he answer.
"We have nothing against who sleep with who, however we do have high standards of ethics, we value freedom, but with freedom come responsibility, the responsibility to know where there might be a conflict of interest, or where a unbalance in power might feel like pressure for one of the parties. We enjoy both love and sex, but we make damned sure our partners enjoy it as well and do not feel pressured into it."
The Cultist said with pride in his voice, he was clearly proud of his Tradition.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:27 pm

--- Night ---
Colin narrowed his eyes a little at the cat. "And why in the world should Technocrats be any different from Traditionalists or Sleepers? Some have pets, some do not. I would not be so certain he loved his money; it is quite as likely he considered it a means to a comfortable end. In any case, it'd be improper to speculate. I suspect that door leads to the bedroom. If anyone knows how to put the cat to sleep - and I mean sleep - that would be one less potential complication. If not... I'm pushing on."
He stepped up to the door, keeping half an eye on the cat.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:40 pm

Hildegaard looks at the animal and nods.
"I can lull it into a deep sleep it will not wake from before we are gone, but with it's Master dead, how do you imagine it will feed itself Mr Wainwright?"
The Adeptus Majora said then she focused on the cat and begun to sing a soft, gentle tune, the words where to a old German lullaby and as she sang the cat closed his eyes and finally curled up into a plump, furry ball on top of the shelf, it's even breath showing that it was in deep sleep, finally with the song completed Hildegaard said.
"I guess that I have always seen them as cold and unfeeling Mr Wainwright, the Technocrats I mean, to see one care for a pet, have a lover and hobbies...this apartment could just as well have been the home of a sleeper or a Traditionalist."
Hildegaard muttered.

Ryan looked at the pictures.
"We bring the cat along, we can drop him of at an animal shelter tomorrow, he is a pure breed so I suspect he would find a new home quickly."
The Cultist said.
"Now as for whatever or not this Crat loved money...we do not know, but he seam to have loved that man in the picture there, I wonder who he is...what he is?"
Ryan said in a concerned tone of voice, that might be a complication further down the road.

When you step up to the door you hear the sound of soft sobbing from inside of the room, a male voice, there where no other sounds from within though, that the soft sobbing of someone who sounded like if they where in pain.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:45 pm

"I think it...steal memories of places and locations, I have heard of his Paradox Spirit but I do not know it's name, it is associated with the Sphere of Correspondence and unless stopped it can cripple a mage, stealing all memories of space and locations, to the point where the afflicted willworker have to relearn how to walk and move, there have also been deaths, the shock of the lost memories becoming to much for the victim's brain to handle."

Adley swallowed and then turned his attention back to the Adept, fearing the man had lost a great deal of memories in the time that he'd been gone getting his pater. "Narim, it is gone," he said again, putting a hand to the sides of his head. "You are still here, you are you." He did not want him to give in to the shock and terror but the loss...he could not protect him from what had already happened, what the spirit had taken. But he wanted to, did not want this man damaged permanently.

"Is there someone who can tell us the extent of what has happened to Narim?" he said, looking back at his father. His eyes betrayed a great deal of emotions to him, sorrow and protectiveness and a burning that he could not find the right Word to Name.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Colin nodded. "Mr. Darehill has the right of it - though, I propose that if our Technocratic guest is allowed to leave unscathed, she gets the cat rather than some arbitrary shelter. She has lost her Amalgam and her apprentice; she might wish for some living memoir of her friends and colleagues. That's a debate for another day, however - Dr. Lee, stay ready, but out of the line of fire. Someone's in distress on the other side, stay back."

Giving the others a few moments to get clear, Colin gently opened the door, quickly scanning every corner and angle for hostiles.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:14 pm

Adley:

Jeffry looked at the Virtual Adept with a concerned look in his dark eyes.
"Yes the Primus, he is an Master of Mind, stay with Narim, I will go and get him, and see if he can help."
The old Hermetic said as he headed for the door.
"The Spirit will not be back, I doubt there are much Paradox left in Mr Sharaya's system as a great deal must have vanished in a backlash strong enough to call a Spirit, you can release those restraints, but stay with him until I come back."
The old Hermetic said as he headed for the door, moving quickly but clearly a bit shaken himself.

Narim looked at Adley slowly, slowly it finally sank in that the Paradox Spirit was gone and he seamed to relax some.
"I am still here...I am at my apartment...in the Chantry...in the United States...on Earth."
Narim said as if to ground himself in reality again.
"Damned it...that thing was inside my mind..."
The Adept muttered, he was clearly getting better, but slowly, the shock of the attack taking it's time dissipating.

Colin:

The bedroom was fairly small for such a large apartment, but it was nice, with a large bed, a dresser and a desk, there was a door and probably lead into a walk in closet, outside of the windows that made up one whole wall there was a large veranda. On the bed table there was another picture of the man Mr Rodriguez had been kissing.

The bed itself was a mess, and on it lay a young man, he could not have been more than 19 or 20 years old, the youth had dark red hair, dark green eyes and pale skin, he had probably been laid in the bed as comfortable as possible, and then ropes had been used to secure him in place, but he was half out of the bed now as he was fighting the restraints, his hands where chained behind his back and you notice that nearly all his nails have been pulled out, the young Nephandus was only wearing a pair of jeans, and his upper body was full of the blue and black marks of a severe beating, and there where the little marks of a taser that had been used on him again and again, the young man had been badly tortured and was probably in a great deal of pain. On the desk there was a bottle of morphine and probably the boy had been given some before the Amalgam left, but the effect of that was long gone now and his struggles had not bettered his injuries. Other than the bound young man there was no one in the room.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:35 pm

"Yes the Primus, he is an Master of Mind, stay with Narim, I will go and get him, and see if he can help...you can release those restraints, but stay with him until I come back."

"Yes, sir," he replied to the Chief as he turned to leave. Adley felt a pang of worry for him as well, who knew what that thing had stolen from his mind? But worse was the one it had been going for. He had never seen anything like that, never fought any creature like it before...with every fibre of his being.

He shook his head and looked back at the Adept, reaching out to undo the restraints. "My father will bring the Primus," he said to Narim, trying to remain as calm as he could. "The spirit is not coming back; the Chief has banished it." And tore its arm asunder, he recalled with sudden vividness and awe. "You are safe, here in the Chantry." He agreed, listening to him list off places and added, "In the city of Boston, the state of Massachusetts."

The sweat was cooling on the back of his neck and he felt a shiver run through him as the adrenaline wore off, feeling heavy from hitting at something ephemeral and wandering through a maze of space. He concentrated on keeping Narim lucid until the Primus could join them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:42 pm

--- Night ---
Colin halted briefly in the doorway, then stepped inside, leveling his pistol at the young man.
"Good God, doctor, quickly, sedate him. Freddy, cover him from the other side. The rest of you, help restrain him until he's sedated again!"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Bianca nods as she listens. "Yeah, that's pretty much how we think too, I guess. It just sounded like being teacher and student was some kind of taboo or something. I didn't mean to offend either. So if you two feel like it, it'll happen?"
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Adley:

Narim nodded weakly, he was slowly regaining his senses.
"Yes...Boston I remember."
The muttered, he looked down as the Hermetic undid the restraints, there where angry red lines around his wrists where he had struggled as the Spirit attacked him, the young Master of the Art was cold to the touch, a common symptom of shock and fear but as the two of them sat waiting for Jeffry and the Primus to return Narim eventually got strong enough to talk coherently.
"I felt the backlash, like a release of energy, and then the Spirit was there, as if...it came out of nothing..."
He recalled, his voice still a bit shaky.
"Thank you Adley you risked you life for me, you and Morgan, I will not forget that."
Narim muttered.

It took about six minutes before the door opened again, Chief Morgan was still in his bedclothes, he had not taken the time to change yet, and with him he had a apparently somewhat tired George Steelhaven, the Primus wore a very similar night tunic to what the Chief wore, though he had hurriedly tossed a blue dressing robe around his thin shoulders, he removed this robe now though and rushed over to where Narim still sat on the floor and wrapped it around the Adept's shoulders.
"Good morning Mr Roth Hicks."
George said before he focused on Narim.
"Jeffry told me what happened, how are you feeling my friend?"
The ancient mage said. Narim looked up at George and gave a slight smile.
"Disoriented...which is rather overwhelming, I can not remember the last time I was disoriented..."
The Virtual Adept managed to mutter.
"I would like to examine you to see what damage the Spirit did, will you consent to it?"
George asked softly and Narim nodded but he got uneasy when the old mage put his hands against his temples, this reminding him to much about what the Paradox Spirit had done to him. Master Steelhaven let his hands drop and took Narim's hands in his instead as he begun to softly chant.

Once he saw that the Virtual Adept was tended to Jeffry Morgan allowed himself to sit down on a chair and give a sigh, he lifted one hand to hi head for a moment as if his head hurt, the other still held the sword, he had not had the time to return it to his chambers yet.
"Damned I hate Paradox Spirits."
Jeffry Morgan said.
"I am sorry for putting you in danger mea filius, but there where no other choice."
The old Hermetic said referring to asking for help with the Spirit.
"Are you sure you are fine?"

Colin:

Freddy nodded she moved as directed and muttered.
"Got it."
Antonio and Ryan rushed in and dragged the struggling young man back into bed and held him down, the Nephandus where to hurt to be able to struggle much against their grip.
"Damned it, even if he is Fallen I almost feel sorry for him."
Ryan said as he leaned on the boy's shoulders.
"The Amalgam really did a number on him."
Antonio nodded.
"Torture can be a cruel thing and not something that is easy to see even when done to an enemy."
The Hermetic mumbled.

The young apprentice gave up struggling, he was weak, in pain and scared.
"Who are you?"
He demanded.
"Where is Vera? Please don't hurt me, just let me go..."
The young Nephandus pleaded, tears in hi eyes.

Bianca afternoon:

Ryan sigh as he try to explain.
"There are...mundanes around, I think perhaps we should discuss this is more detail later, but in our society a mentor have allot of power over their apprentice, so much that I at least find taking my apprentice to my bed to be immoral, perhaps when she is fully trained and initiated things will be different."
The Cultist said softly.
"And I do not even know if she would be interested in me in that way,however this like I said a probably a better topic for a private discussion."

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:27 pm

--- Night ---
Colin lowered his gun a little.
"Vera sent us. She asked me to take care of you - my name is Colin. My friend here, Richard, will ease your pain; he's a doctor. Afterwards, we'll take you with us, away from this place and to where Vera is."
He fished out one of the two blood-stained business cards and glanced at Ingmar.
"Just put this in his pocket or something, correct?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 pm

"You are not from the Union...and you do not feel like Nephandi...which means you are Traditionalists."
The young Nephandus said fearfully.
"Please just let me go..."
The young man said he begun to struggle again but he got nowhere.
"Let me go...please...let me go..."
The young man repeated desperately.

Ingmar nodded.
"Yeah, just put it in one of his pockets, as long as it is on his person the magick will work."
The Verbena said, he glanced at the New World Order Barabbi with little sympathy in his blue eyes.
"We should not stay to long though, I do not know how long my rote will work."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Colin lowered his gaze a little. "I am truly sorry, but it is necessary. Any further suffering, however, will not be prolonged. Richard, the sedative?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:53 pm

"I felt the backlash, like a release of energy, and then the Spirit was there, as if...it came out of nothing..." He recalled, his voice still a bit shaky. "Thank you Adley you risked you life for me, you and Morgan, I will not forget that."

He shook his head slightly to him. "Narim, if you had not had to do as you had earlier, fix my mistakes you would not have been at risk like that at all. You do not need to thank me." He sounded pained. "I only wish that I could have prevented you from being harmed at all. That I had not..." He looked at him seriously. "You should not have had to suffer this way. And I will not forget that."

"Good morning Mr Roth Hicks."

"Primus," he replied, respectfully and sounding glad he was there. He looked at Narim and nodded to him, not wanting to interrupt the Primus from seeing how he was but letting him know he would not be far.

"Damned I hate Paradox Spirits." Jeffry Morgan said. "I am sorry for putting you in danger mea filius, but there where no other choice."
The old Hermetic said referring to asking for help with the Spirit. "Are you sure you are fine?"

He listened to the chanting for a moment, the magnitude of what had happened starting to gain traction, his own sudden fatigue. "Do not be sorry, pater," he said simply. "I am relieved that you were able to banish it and protect Narim." He looked at the Chief, the spirit attacking him clear in his mind, the way he had gotten right back up and continued onward, like an unstoppable force. "I do not believe there is anything wrong with me. It would be wise to check, however. Yet I do not sense I have forgotten anything yet, I don't think it managed to do what it did to you both. Then again I have not been thinking of such matters." He sounded tense, awaiting the verdict on how bad Narim had been hurt.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 pm

(OOC: Should I assume you meant Bianca on your previous post, Anja? It seemed directed to her.)

"Oh, right. Sorry about that, again. It's not like it's any of my business anyway, I just had a random thought that you two would make a cute couple, and now I feel like an idiot, so umm... sorry again." she says, sounding obviously embarrassed.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Colin:

The young Barabbi looks at you for a moment.
"Lisa said, whatever you do...do not get captured alive by the Traditions."
He muttered fearfully, he did not plead again, assumed it would not help, he was alone and restrained against half a dozen mages, he had no chance.
"What did she mean? Not much scares a woman such as her..."
The boy muttered while he gave Colin a worried look.

Adley:

He shook his head slightly to him. "Narim, if you had not had to do as you had earlier, fix my mistakes you would not have been at risk like that at all. You do not need to thank me." He sounded pained. "I only wish that I could have prevented you from being harmed at all. That I had not..." He looked at him seriously. "You should not have had to suffer this way. And I will not forget that."

Narim gave a weak smile.
"We are members...of the same Chantry Adley, if I had done a mistake, you would have helped me, I am sure of it."
The young Master of the Art said.
"You saved me, it was...bad...but I would recover, if I had been dead, or dragged of to another realm or something like that, I would not, you and your mentor kept me alive."
Narim said with gratitude in his voice.

He listened to the chanting for a moment, the magnitude of what had happened starting to gain traction, his own sudden fatigue. "Do not be sorry, pater," he said simply. "I am relieved that you were able to banish it and protect Narim."

Jeffry shrugged, he leaned back, he was feeling some of the tension leave him to and could not completely hide how tired he was, not from the workings he had done, but from the release of stress and tension.
"I did what I had to mea filius, that is what our House do, we do what we have to."

"I do not believe there is anything wrong with me. It would be wise to check, however. Yet I do not sense I have forgotten anything yet, I don't think it managed to do what it did to you both. Then again I have not been thinking of such matters." He sounded tense, awaiting the verdict on how bad Narim had been hurt.

"Good...that is good. I will have us both examined as soon as opportunity present itself, just to be sure."
The old Hermetic said then he placed a hand on Adley's arm for a moment.
"You did well in there Adley, many would have fled in terror, but you held your ground, you did me proud my son."

George chanted for some time then he slowly stood and patted Narim on the shoulder.
"There are some loss of memory, but it appear to be spread around the spectrum of his wast knowledge of space, locations and paths, making the damage in any given area minor, I can not heal his mind, but with rest some will heal itself, and the rest can be relearned, he will be fine, but will probably have to spend quite a few hours re memorizing places and locations."
George said as he went to the kitchen and filled a glass of water and brought it back for Narim,the Adept was still a bit to out of it to himself be able to fully grasp the ancient mage's diagnosis.
"I worry about his head pains though, I have tried to examine his life patterns and they are strong, but any damage due to Paradox are often hard to identify. Adley I would like you to talk with the good Doctor Lee if you do not mind, and see if he can get Narim in for a...ehm...what is it called...the machine that...take pictures of the brain..."
The old mage said and struggled with the modern words.
"Such a marvel. In any case, a mage that go to a hospital is asking to be found by the Technocracy, however perhaps the good Doctor can get Narim in for an examination on the down low, just to be sure there are no physical damage to his cerebellum."
George said then he tried to help Narim up to his feet to get him back into his bed, but the traumatized Virtual Adept shook his head fearfully.
"I...do not think I want to go back into that room yet..."
He muttered. George nodded.
"That is understandable my friend, are your sofa ok...or would you want me to have a bed made up in one of the empty apartments?"
Narim looks at his sofa.
"The coach will be fine."
He mutters.
"But could someone please close the door to my bedroom, not that I want to bother anyone...but I just do not want to look into that room just yet..."
The Virtual Adept said as he allowed the old Gurnicus to help him down on his sofa. George covered his much younger friend with a blanket and made sure the Adept was as comfortable as he could be.
"You two saved him, thank you, he means much to me."
George said and smiles to Adley and the Chief.

Bianca

(OOC: Yeah it would not be the first time I get names wrong in RPG games, I have almost called several characters by the name of one of my most played Vampire characters several times. I will go an correct any errors when I am done with this post.)

Ryan laugh, his voice is good humored though a bit concerned over the situation they where in.
"Yeah do not worry about it, you can play match maker all you want, I do not bother me, it is not like my own mentor have not tried to fix me up with half the female members of the Traditions, and some of the male as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:45 pm

(OOC: Thanks, and don't worry about that! It happens to me all the time too! I just asked to make sure I wasn't utterly failing at reading comprehension, which sadly happens very often too! XD)

Bianca laughs along, seeming to relax as he says it's ok. "Is that so? And you're still alone? Oh man... Well, you'd better make your move fast, or she might find someone else..." she says obviously joking and laughs some more. "Oh, you're into guys too? My mentor is too, probably the only reason nothing happened between us, I guess." she seems happy that they can keep the mood light despite the circumstances.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:16 pm

--- Night ---
Colin sighed. "Propaganda, I fear - we get the same warning against the Technocracy."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:26 am

Richard adminsisters the sedative... swiftly without warning...he slides the needle into the nephadus's neck.. .and inject the sedative directly into the bloodstream

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:12 am

"We are members...of the same Chantry Adley, if I had done a mistake, you would have helped me, I am sure of it." The young Master of the Art said. "You saved me, it was...bad...but I would recover, if I had been dead, or dragged of to another realm or something like that, I would not, you and your mentor kept me alive." Narim said with gratitude in his voice.

He smiled back, just a little. "I am glad it did not try to take you. I was determined not to let you go and a trip to a paradox realm would not have been my choice destination for us to spend some time." Though he was trying to soften it, it was clear he meant that he wouldn't have let him go if he had any choice no matter how bad it got. "If I can help you recover in any way, then I will." He looked at him and added, "Though it was my pater that did the had lifting, as they say. I am still glad that I could do something." He was proud of his pater for banishing such an incredibly powerful spirit and by the same amount relieved they all lived to tell the tale.

"I did what I had to mea filius, that is what our House do, we do what we have to."

"Yes," Adley agreed.

"Good...that is good. I will have us both examined as soon as opportunity present itself, just to be sure."The old Hermetic said then he placed a hand on Adley's arm for a moment. "You did well in there Adley, many would have fled in terror, but you held your ground, you did me proud my son."

"Yes I think that is a good idea. It went after you as well." It was a strange thing, earning praise for something that had precipitated from his own error but stranger still was that he had been much more afraid earlier than he had been....or, no. He had been paralysed by the fear earlier. Because it certainly had been a terrible battle there was no doubt of it, that spirit had been unlike anything he had ever seen, something that had his mentor working at the edges of his skills, which were formidable. "I am just glad that you are both safe," he said, acknowledging his words and admitting that he had been worried about them. At least he had not thrown bad after bad. They had done what they needed to do.

"I worry about his head pains though, I have tried to examine his life patterns and they are strong, but any damage due to Paradox are often hard to identify. Adley I would like you to talk with the good Doctor Lee if you do not mind, and see if he can get Narim in for a...ehm...what is it called...the machine that...take pictures of the brain..."

Adley looked at the Primus and then realised what he meant, a type of medical scan. "I will ask Doctor Lee if it might be possible to do this, if he knows someone that might be willing to assist."

He watched as Narim was set to bed. He must be exhausted and still reeling from what happened, fearful of his bedchamber. After what had happened, he could not blame him for finding his bedroom a source of anxiety.

"You two saved him, thank you, he means much to me." George said and smiles to Adley and the Chief.

Adley bowed his head. "I am glad that he is safe now." And perhaps he would be well and whole in time. He sighed, a hand rubbing across his eyes and forehead, slightly relieved, but not quite ready to feel as if it were over. He felt like had run several miles at full pelt and was physically and mentally spent. Unfortunately, the day was only dawning. It was never over.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next