Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:14 am

Bianca picks the phone immediately. "I'm in the same place. Is Rosa with you guys? Please tell me so." she says, sounding very aprehensive.

(OOC: Who exactly is with Bianca in this scene? I'm asking just so I can tell when everyone has posted and wait for my turn.)
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 18 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:12 am

He grit his teeth, hearing screaming all around him, his mentor's dire statement for the paradox spirit to get out of his head, trying to tear it asunder. Could. Not. Stop. Adley dragged Narim, never had one room been so large and the Adept felt as heavy as a screaming sack of salt. Suddenly after what felt like an eternity, space snapped back into place around him. He reeled, panting and feeling exerted in every way, still clinging to Narim and refusing to let him go or leave him behind, as his sense of orientation returned.

Realising they'd passed the brink for now and as soon as he got his wits back, he looked at Narim, the way he was staring through the doorway and the way his mouth was moving without words, terrified. His pater and the spirit were still fighting...oh, father...the spirit was missing an appendage, lost to sheer Will. Snapping his attention back to his charge, he fixed him with a bright blue look. "Narim! Look at me!" He could not lose him to shock now; not while he could hear the banishing Words resonating in the other room, not while the Adept still seemed somewhat lucid. He checked him over to see if there was more than shock, for physical manifestations of the attack...what had that thing done to him? Had done to his mind, head, spirit? "Are you here with me, still?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:53 am

Bianca:

"No she is not."
The man on the phone sounded quite worried.
"However since we know, where you are, we are coming for you first."
Ryan said.

(OOC: Right now Bianca is still alone but Ryan, Colin, Tane and his wereshark friend are on their way to her and are entering the building. Since Colin is also in a scene that takes place during the evening usually the posts that relate to your scene are market with afternoon.)

Adley:

Narim seamed to be physically fine for the most part, he was covered in sweat, and there where very faint red marks on both sides of his temple where the entity had dug it's fingers into him, you can feel his heart raching when you touch him but he do not appear to be physically hurt. Slowly the Virtua Adept looked at the young Hermetic and his eyes focuses.
"Y...yes...I am here."
The Adept said, his responses still a bit sluggish but he was alert.
"I...am unharmed, I think..."

From inside the room there where still the sound of Jeffry's commanding voice vibrating words as he went through the banishing, the Paradox Spirit however was down but not beaten and slowly she stood, her right arm was still missing, it was not just the manifistation that was hurt, the underlaying existence of her was missing a piece, but she now tried to turn and come cloe to the door, to where Adley and Narim where.

Jeffry was in a terrible bind, if he dropped the rote he was working now to try to restrain the spirit then he would have to start the banishing from strach, his Paradigm was not like some Orphans and Verbena who could start a ritual, then answer a caller at their door, and get right back to it, once a magickal task had begun it must be completed, however if he did nothing the spirit would reach the other mages before he could restrain her.
"Take my sword mea filius, hold her back until I can banish her!"
Jeffry shouted between two sentences in his incantations, even that interuption threathened the working but he managed to bring it back into focus, which was no mean task as it was not speaking a command to Adley which diturbed his concentration, it was the knowledge he put his apprentice in harms way, but what other choice where there, if the entity got back into range of her mark then she would regain much of her strength, she had to be stopped before that, and perhaps fighting her would give his apprentice a chance to redeem himself for earlier mistakes, earlier hesitations, and he could not deny him that over his own weaakness, his own fear of loosing his magickal son. Jeffry kicked his sword over to Adley, it seamed to take forever to slide over the floor and did not reach all the way over to the younger mage, however it did end up between Adley and quickly closing spirit. Jeffry continued the banishing ritual, desperatly hoping his filius could hold the wounded spirit at bay with the sword until he could finish his work and send her back to where she came for.

(You do not need to reroll for entering the room, if you are going for the sword though you will need to roll Dexterity plus Athletics, or other fitting ability to get it, since you rolled four sucsesses for managing to fuction inside the spirit's space bending vincinity I will not dock you dice for the action as I would have otherwise done.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:38 am

"Y...yes...I am here." The Adept said, his responses still a bit sluggish but he was alert. "I...am unharmed, I think..."

"Let's stay that way..."

Then he saw her, saw it turned towards them. It was going to come into this room, bringing its chaos and harm. He felt his arms tighten on the other mage and then start to put himself between them.

"Take my sword mea filius, hold her back until I can banish her!"

There was no time to think about it. In fact his mind had no thoughts at all beyond what he needed to do. The blade shifted towards him as space began to warp and stretch and Adley moved, meaning to grab up the weapon and defend Narim, buy his pater time to complete the banishing.

//Dex+ Ath: 6, 8, 2, 2, 8

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 am

You manage to get hands on the sword, it is cold to the touch and it feels, clean in a way most weapons do not, a result of your pater's workings on it no doubt, it is a practical sword though, many mages preferred fancy designs, gems and decorations for ritual blades, this had none of that, it was a simple, steel shortsword, well made but plain, it was meant to fight spirits the few times when negotiating with them or banishing them just was not enough.

When you get closer to the Paradox Spirit space again feel odd to say the least around you, distances ae warped, changed, distorted, but one thing is clear, the entity is getting closer and suddenly her one remaining hand dart towards your own head, trying to bring her long, thin thendrils inside of you to do, who knows what.

Narim stared in at the scene unfolding before him and gaped in shock, the restraints locked away his magick and even if he had been free he was in no state to fight right now so all he could do was watch.
"Forget about what the consensus say space is Adley, forget about left and right and up and down and just focus on one thing, your own will."
Narim said, his voice weak.
"Everything is at the same point, there are no space, they are ilusions, just focus on your target and forget everything else."
The Virtual Adept adviced but he sounded fearful, he did not like that the other mage put his life on the line for him, and he whished he could be there and fight instead.

(Please give me a Dex plus the most apropriate stat for what Adley is going to do about the Paradox Spirit attacking him.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 am

The sensation of warping space twisted him again. Through the strangeness he could hear his mentor and Narim, see the spirit reach for him through the disconnecting, disconcerting space. He brought up the sword automatically in a sweeping arc to defend himself in response to the threat, pouring himself through the blade at it with pure intent and Will. His Voice sought to cut through the spaces in between them, the creature born of errors, for it to back off. "Recedemus!"

// +1WP; Arete roll: 4, 8 (Prime strike, 1 Quint); Dex+Melee: 4, 2, 8, 5, 9, 7 (focus)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:20 am

You notice that the blade hit something, but it do not feel like when a blade strike something solid, it is more of a mental feeling of hitting something that feeling any resistance against the blade. You hear the Paradox Spirit scream again as you hit her hand and the creature draw back a little, the hand with it's strange, dentril like fingers now hangs limp, you have managed to at least temporarily take the Spirit's main weapon out of comission. The Paradox Spirit drew further back and it seamed to try to find a way to get around Adley and get to Narim, he was her target, these two other mages where just obstacels, it was hard to tell for sure though for with space twisting around, distances constantly changing, her movements where as erratic as anything else in the room.

You have seen your mentor perform banishing rituals before and you know it is nearing the end, already the spirit seamed less...there...less physical, but she was not about to give back and suddenly she gave a distorted scream that sounded like it where coming from everywhere at once and it rushed at Adley, trying perhaps to tackle him to get at Narim, or just to take him with her when she was banished, it was hard to know for sure, her touch is cold, harsh and so tatic, your Dynamic Avatar express something akin to disgust from it's home deep in your soul, and the Paradox Spirit grabbed you with her wounded hand, this spirit who's existence where to harm mages, to protect reality by destroying your kind, it feels...terrifying to be so close. You still have your sword though, and you hear Jeffry get into the final parts of the ritual, it had to take enormous amount of willpower for him to to hurry to much with the rite as he saw his apprentice attacked.

You look into the cold, hard eyes of the Paradox Spirit and you realize she is trying to crawl into you, her hand slowly skinking into your chest...you had to get her off you now.

(Again if you can give me a roll apropriate to Adley's chosen action, he will asume he only need to hold the Paradox Spirit occupied for perhaps 30 seconds to a minute more before the banishing ritual where complete and she where sent back to whatever reality she belong in.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:31 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin made a mental note of two casualties, one fatal. Staying wary, he kept scanning the area, eyes quickly darting from door to door.

--- Night ---
Colin smoothly picked up his two business cards and put them in his shirt pocket. "And one for the target. Messy business, sangromancy, but undeniably effective."
Once the elevator reached the right floor, Colin drew up his pistol - finger outside trigger guard - and took a few steps to the first cover he could see; corner, large potted plant, whatever. Smoothly advancing to the door, he waved the others to follow, and listened carefully at the door for any activity inside.

((OOC: Per + Alert - 4, 5, 5, 9, 0 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Bianca sighs and nods, not looking to happy about the news. "Alright, got it. Well, I had hoped you guys had her, but don't worry, I have reasons to believe she is ok. I'll explain more when we meet, ok? I'm at the second floor café."
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Colin evening:

The corridor have a beautiful, tilework floor, and yes there are some large potted plants here and there and a huge window to the outsid in the end of the corridor. You reach the correct door but you do not really hear anything inside, it is just a thick, high quality oak door, but then someone would have to be making allot ofnice on the other side of it for the sound to carry all the way out into the corridor where you are standing. The other magi are following you.
"So how do we get the door open?"
Asks Freddy she looks down on her phone where he again seam to have several security cameras running, except the view points move to quickly and there are not likely to be that many cameras around.
"I can probably get it open."
Says Ryan with a slight smile.
"I am pretty good at picking a lock."

Bianca afternoon:

"Yes, well me to, however we need to get you both, are there any sign of the woman you spoke of where you are now? Are you in any immidiate danger Miss?"
Ryan asks over the phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:53 pm

"Yeah, I understand. The grim future I had seen earlier feels a lot more distant now, though it's still a possibility. The woman should be busy evading the guys I mentioned earlier. I don't see any sign of her at all, but then again, I've been in the cafe all the time, so it's hard to tell. I'm positive I'm safe though. Oh, and please call me Bianca." She replies to him.

The waiting is driving her insane by her now, and all she can think about is finding Rosa and get her to safety, as her conscience begins to poke her and make her feel guilty for taking the defenseless girl's phone.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:09 pm

"Very well Bianca then, and I as have said are Ryan."
The Cultist said and gave a little smile though the woman on the other end of the line could not see that.
"Hum those men you speak about could have been Void Engineers, I will explain more later but be somewhat vary of those gentlemen as well, though I do not think they will harm you, and especially not here at the airport."
Ryan hears the conccern in Bianca's voice.
"We will find Rosa, do not worry, first of all we have someone with us that might be able to have a chat with...ehm...someone who can help and if that do not work, I Awakened her, accidently perhaps but I did Awaken her, there are a bond between us, I am sure I will be able to find her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm

"I wish we had met under better circumstances, Ryan." she says softly. "They were chasing the woman, I think. I don't see any sign of them around either. They saved my life coming over this place." she says, choosing not to tell how one of them actually saved her life after Lisa screwed up with her body somehow.

"Thanks, Ryan." she says, obviously noticing his effort to calm her down. "She is very smart, she noticed the woman staring at us before me, though I'm not sure she is experienced enough with this kind of dangerous situation to handle herself." she giggles softly as he tells her about her awakening. "She told me about it, it sounded like she holds that moment very dear." she says, trying to cheer him back.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

--- Night ---
Colin carefully knelt in front of the door, back to the opposite wall, took aim, and nodded to Ryan.
"Very well - I've got you covered, just in case. Try to do it quietly."

Last edited by Warpmind on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Confused identity.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Colin night:

Ryan nodded he took a lock picking kit from his pocket, the kit did seam to be of decent quality rather than the junk you would by from deal extreme or other such sources. The Cultist begun working on the lock, it made some noise but not allot, after some minutes the lock clicks and Ryan very carefully test it and the door opens when he press down the handle.
"Ok then...I have a hanging spell reading Colin, if there is trouble if you can buy me a few seconds I can slow things down...literary."
The Cultist whispered.

While Ryan have been working on the lock the elderly lady with her poodle have entered the same floor and walked to her apartment in the oposite side of the hallway, near the window, neither she nor the dog seam to have noticed the gaggle of mages gathered around the dead Technocrat's door.

Bianca afternoon:

"The Void Engineers are not our enemies, I wonder why they did not leave the Union and come to our side when the Adepts left, they do not hunt down other mages like the rest of the Crats do, however never forget that while they are friendlier than most of them, they are still Technocrats."
Ryan said over the phone.
"And I am sure we will have allot of chances to speak under better circumstances later, for now let us focus on getting you two to safety."
The Cultist smiles a little.
"Yes she is a smart one, but no she have no experience with situations like this, a month ago she where just your regular collage student with noidea that there where a hidden world just out of sight. Well that moment is dare to both of us, when Rosa Awakned I mean."
Ryan said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:34 pm

"Really!?" she asks immediately as Ryan mentions they are not the enemy, her tone lets a lot more happiness and excitement than intended, though she is quickly to correct that. "Yeah, I know, though at least this time, I think they have the same goal as us, taking that Lisa woman down."

She nods, though he obviously can't see it. "Yeah, I know. I'm right here, paid the tab and all that. I have feeling I'll recognize you when you show up." she says softly and smiles. "She looks up to you a lot so please don't get yourself in danger, ok? She will be heartbroken if what I saw happens."
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Richard shifts uncomfortably. ..during the break in part as he has not particioated in this kind of action before.. his eyes shining due to the newness of the experience

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:44 pm

Bianca:

"Well yes both factions, we might hate one another's guts but if we have the choice between taking out a Technocrat or for them to take out one of us or a Nephnadus then we will almost always choose a Nephandus, if this woman indeed is such a foul creature."
Ryan commented.
"What you saw? You can read the future Bianca? Not a good future then I take it. Well i will try to do that both for Rosa and my sake."
The Cultist commented.
"Though for safety sake I think it is best if we keep this conversation, mundane friendly when we enter the airport, you never know who might be listening."

Richard:

The young Virtual Adept, Freddy smiles to you.
"Is it your first time breaking and entering doc?"
The Technomancer said with a grin.
"Do not worry you will get used to it soon enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:57 pm

--- Night ---
Colin nodded, gently nudged the others aside, and pushed open the door with his foot, quickly scanning and covering the room with the gun, and whispered, "Technically, we were invited to go here, by the surviving friend of the resident..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:13 pm

"Oh, that she is, I promise. She casually threatened to..." she is cut short by his words. "You're right, sorry about that. I'll explain everything when we have some more privacy." she then smirks softly. "Well, if we're talking about mundane stuff. Are you and Rosa dating?" she asks in a teasing tone, just to see his reaction.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Colin and Richard night:

Colin you enter into a entrance hall, there are an expensive looking carpet on the floor, you see a closet for coats, a dresser with a glass bowl with a few keys and coins, there are a painting of a beautiful flock of horses on a beach hanging on one wall and on the other is a full size mirror. Beside the dresser is a scratching stand and play house for a cat.

From the entrance hall there are one door that is open where you can see a ultra modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and black and silver tiled walls, the other door is closed.

Bianca:

Ryan got worried about the things Bianca said when she stopped herself, whatever it was the young woman was about to say, it probably where not good news, then he gave a small laugh at the Hedge Wizard's next question.
"No, perhaps we could have ended up dating, but since I am now her teacher, it hardly seamed appropriate."
The Cultist said as she moved into the airport.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:35 pm

--- Night ---
Colin quickly slid up to the kitchen door and scanned the room, covering all corners, and then checked the cat's playhouse for inhabitants before reaching the inner door. He quietly turned the handle with his off hand, covering the interior with his gun.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:05 pm

The cat is not in his playhouse, nor are there anyone in the kitchen, the room is large, with a all the appliances you could want and a large window overlooking the parking lot. There are another door in the back of the kitchen.

Through the inner door you get to the living room, the place is large an luxurious with a marble fireplace, a nice sitting area consisting of one large sofa, a smaller sofa and a arm chair, all of it in fine, black leather, the sitting area are placed next to another large window, and a big flat screen hand on one wall. There is a bookshelf here mostly filled with blu rays, beside it are a wall with several photographs, one are of what have to be the Amalgam, you see Vera stand there together with a very tall, bald man in a white tshirt, a handsome Hispanic man in an expensive black suit, a small, red haired man in a band tshirt and jeans and a tall black woman in a strict black business suit. The other pictures on the wall are two of the Hispanic man that must be Hulio Rodriguez together with another man, one are of them at vacation and the other show them kissing. Other than that there are one picture of a fat, content looking gray Persian cat and several pictures of parties to various deals and agreements shaking hands.
"It seams we can no tell what Hulio Rodriguez loved in life."
Commented Ryan.
"His Amalgam, his money, his lover and his cat."

Looking up you see the before mentioned cat, he sits on top of the bookshelf looking plump and grumpy as he glares at the invaders to his owner's home with yellow eyes.
"I never imagined a Technocrat would keep a pet."
Muttered Hildegaard as she looked up at the animal.

Other than that there were paintings on the walls and richly colored carpets on the fine wood floors. There where two doors leading out of the living room, one back into the hallway that you had come in through, and the other leading into some other part of the apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:05 pm

As the creature began to stalk Narim in earnest again, he tried to keep himself ready to intercept an attack on the man. The spirit made what seemed to be a full-on charge at him with its advantage of navigating the null-space, to get through him, its Voice screaming throughout the room. Adley was not about to let this thing take Narim with him when it left, carry him off to some realm. He held his ground and felt its touch, his avatar's sense of opposition, aversion and a pang of fear rise up in response as it closed in. His eyes widened as he saw the thing sink it's hand INTO him, through him and into his chest and felt a resurgence of the need to stop it in any way he possibly could. Reaching down for that feeling of revulsion from his avatar, he sought to turn his own Quintessence straight into repulsion of the creature, the two resonances being opposed. As it touched him, so he would try to shove this creature out, stabbing at the nearest exposed area he could get at with the sword. "Back,daēva!"

//Arete: 9, 7 (Pr2F2Sp2 ,+1Q) - Dex+Melee: +1WP; 9,2,2,3,2 - he's banking on the idea that if their resonances are that diametrically opposed, he can use that to 'push' the spirit off/out of him, something like opposing magnets based on the energetic principle. Or at least give it a whack with that sword.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:25 pm

The Paradox Spirit's eyes widened when the rush of Dynamic Quintessence flowed towards her as Adley opened his mind completely to the sense of revulsion from his Avatar, the strongly Dynamic higher soul's very Resonance so opposed, so alien to the static spirit, and touching Adley meant touching his Quintessence flow, the changing, dynamic,swirling flow inside of him, and with a his the creature pulled it's hand back, glaring at the mage as if he was a dead rat. The Paradox Spirit managed to avoid the mage's blade, but the rush of Quintessence of an opposing resonance than her own made her temporarily confused and that confusion was all that Jeffry needed, the final words of the banishing fell and the Paradox Spirit screamed in protest as she was pushed out of physical reality and sent back to the dimension she came from, the little girl's form got unclear, and then it vanished like smoke, and as she went space went back to normal, everything slowly combing back into focus, space regaining it's meaning.

Jeffry Morgan allowed himself one, brief sigh of relief, a film of sweat covered his dark skin as he closed his eyes for a second to ground himself after the working then he rushed over to Adley.
"Are you hurt mea filius."
The old mage said with barely contained fear in his voice.
"And the Virtual Adept, what are his condition."
Jeffry's eyes went to Adley's chest, looking for injuries, but there where none, you however see the same small marks on your mentor's temple as Narim had, where the Paradox Spirit had reached into his mind.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next