Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:52 pm

((Yeah I think you can squeeze of four in a go and that is one action, but aiming at another target hover takes a bit more time but yes you can shoot four bullets into your fist target if you want to. Oh now now you are asking a hard question, combat rules are not my strong suit, I do think you roll four dice then for the damage, and do not pistols also have some automatic damage that go through regardless?))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 22 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Richard is [if he can ooc ) uses entropy 2 to cause a ripple in the carpet as a hinder to one of the advancing ranged people. (Ooc can you roll for me? @ work)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Richard is [if he can ooc ) uses entropy 2 to cause a ripple in the carpet as a hinder to one of the advancing ranged people. (Ooc can you roll for me? @ work)

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:19 pm

(OOC FOUND A DICE ROLLER APP. 6 4 0

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:25 pm

(OOC: Richard often use his hands as a focu, how do he perform this magick, yes you can make the carpet just happen to have a fold that just happen to trip one of the attackers, but I need a description from you, though a brief one is ok, how how he do the magick, do he use gestures, or other methods to focus his will on the task?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

"Mr Karyak called me last night. I left my phone in my room but I will send him a message as soon as we are done here."

"Very well."

"I would like to try at least to get the vocalizations to work, and working on it first seam like a good idea...Learning the components to the working would probably make it easier to perform."

"As you wish. We can spend part of the time with the underpinning and the rest with the working."  He retrieved the book again from his desk and sat across from her, opening it up to the page with the Hebrew Words and falling into lecture mode. "Did you take notes?" he asked, then opened the book between them. "As you read and appeared to understand via your painting, the work is essential and energetic in nature. As most rituals, it employs symbols in form, word, and deed to transcend the mundane. In this case banishing can mean flushing the 'Earthly' concerns, or lower energies, empty the vessel to fill with Prime. The traditional Words use Hebrew Names for God to manifest Power and draw it through the system. The symbols inherent in the ritual that aid but by vibrating a Word, calling upon a Power, viewing a colour, inscribing the pentagram, or making the Signs with the body, these fuse and manifest Will, they create a path to the required action or outcome."

Likely she already knew that much as Verbena did rituals but it was best to start with the basics in common. "In simplest terms, there are two ways to accomplish vibrating a Word. First one learns how to make the sound with the body, regardless of how strange it might feel, or self-conscious we might be. Then we can tune it like an instrument, learn how to open the mouth, how to emanate the physical sound and project it as an actor might from the chest, turn the body into a sounding chamber. Vibrate the interior with the Voice along the body. Second, vibrate the exterior. The Voice affects the other planes around us. We may draw in or expel energy, seal it inside, direct it through us, release it as if it were to reach out, to fill that which is empty with our intent by applying the Words, visuals and actions to create resonance."

He thought for a moment about how strange it had been to be in a place where space had no meaning, how disorienting that had been. How his avatar's own opposition to it had helped him to push away the paradox spirit that had plagued Narim. How there had been no time for chosen words, only the ones that felt correct. And in the sudden desperation of his pater to rend the spirit with sheer Will...he blinked and looked back at Beatrice.

"For example, ATEH, commonly seen in conjunction with 'Ateh Gihor Le-Olahm Adonai.' With intention and meaning, this Word I breathe in until there is no more room, filling my lungs as if they were bellows; I visualise it. I exhale it and in equal measures emanate it, expel it." As if he were an unending light, an unending sound. "Perhaps the ritual next says that I must make a specific sign, to end the emanation or to direct the energy. Nothing wasted. In contrast, here I say ateh, now I speak the Word."  He showed her the difference, sitting straighter and expelling the word with Force and authority, the two syllables parted at the center. 'Thou art/unto thee'... When he was done he looked over at Beatrice again, awaiting comment or an attempt.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Airport:

Bianca smirks softly. "Why thank you! I am not without my tricks, you know. I bet you use that line a lot, don't you?" she says and winks playfully at him,  and nods. "Alright, let's get moving. Ugh, I hate that this had to happen when I don't have any of tools with me. This woman is like bad luck incarnated." she pouts a bit and sighs. "One man had a heart attack out nowhere and one of the waitresses got some nasty burning all over her body with hot coffee. Then the two guys showed up. I really hope Rosa is far far away from here." she says and sighs.

She leans closer to him. "Ok, so. If all goes well Rosa won't have a knife pointed to her neck, you won't go through some giant vagina and we won't be crying over your grave. If you see that woman, you run, ok?" she says only audible enough that he can hear it, still walking along with him.

Chantry:

She sighs and nods. "Yeah, I was hoping for a warmer welcome. I'm just glad everything ended up ok, especially considering the possibilities. I have a bad feeling I've made a very powerful enemy today though." she says and shrugs, not sounding too concerned actually. She smiles at him and shakes her head. "I don't think it could be avoided, Master Amadeus. I doubt she just happened to find us there by chance. She probably planned this in advance. Where the Technocrats fit is what I don't completely get it."

She sighs again and leaves it at that. "Yes, that she is. She is incredibly powerful and absolutely terrifying when she's angry. My first months with her were painful." she laughs a bit and frowns a bit at him as he says he failed her. "If anything, I'm the one who failed you for not achieving whatever expectations you had of me." she says, with obvious frustration in her tone, though she smiles right after. "I still haven't given up though, Master Amadeus. I think with what I've learned from the old hag, I can awake." she says, completely oblivious to how things really work. "That is when I'll change my name, ok?" her tone indicates she's trying to reassure the blonde man.

As her former master walks, she follows behind, smiling at her fellow mages, sometimes throwing flirting glances, depending on how curiously they looked at her. "It feels a bit cramped after spending 3 years in the outdoors, but it's a penthouse compared to the dump I used to live in when we met." says once they are finally there, looks around for a bit and throws her luggage on the bed, sitting on it and relaxing a bit. As he tells her what is expected of her, she nods twice. "I completely understand. Back in the woods I had find my own and my mentor's food, so it's only fair that I contribute somehow. All that I ask is for and area with fertile soil so I can grow my garden. I am sure they will benefit the Chantry, but I also intend to make money somehow, perhaps I'll open a shop, or perhaps I'll just back to do the only thing I learned to do to earn a living." she says matter of factly, not bothered one bit by the possibility. She smiles warmly at him as he says she's his daughter, nodding at him. "Yes, if not for you, I would never have met the old hag, and never changed my life. I owe you a lot, Master, and I'm very proud to be your daughter." she says in a mellow tone.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 pm

((OOC: I seem to recall there was one success to hit, and the rest carried over to damage after soak, or something? You kind of need to check the book on that; it's pretty darn important all of a sudden...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 pm

(9 am)
Colin: "Yes, well, I suppose we both made a few errors in judgment in that debacle - but it seems to have worked out reasonably well. Though, I'm still rather ragged after yesterday; it feels like I'm still partaking in a search-and-rescue and a snatch-and-grab operation."

He frowned and said in a pained voice, "I wish that were entirely true, Colin. But Narim, the Adept was attacked by a paradox spirit over the night. My pater was able to banish it but it did harm him. He has lost some of his...ability to know how places connect together, it did the same to the Chief to a lesser degree. The Primus did seem to think he would recover, but asked for Narim to be checked over at the hospital. I shall have to ask Richard about it."

"At any rate, I'm to contact this Miss Florentine's Mentor, then? Do you have his name?

"Mmm...you know I believe I got everyone's but his," he said in a disgruntled tone. "I will find out immediately after this."

As for Mr. Allen himself, I suspect you might do better than I would; you are more... intricately familiar with the politics of the Traditions, and might be able to present the case to this Cabal in Los Angeles. I'll gladly confer with the Mercere gentleman on your... our behalf, to interview the cleansed widderslainte."

"I'm not sure if they will want to talk to me, but I will try if you will try for the new mentor. But we do not have very much time, I believe the judge is already trying to pull together mages who know the gilgul rite and she is trying to gain access to the Chantry. The latter of which we are contesting. The wording of Beatrice's staying order..." He shook his head. "All it may take is for her to have been at the villa. I am very worried, Colin," he admitted.

Colin fished out his fountain pen, "I tried making a suitable blade yesterday, but I'm afraid between a few interruptions and a bit of sloppy handiwork, it did not turn out at all. Will a pen serve the same purpose for this 'Lesser Banishing', you think? Also, I'm afraid I don't have much time to study this morning - my assistant in the shop has a dental appointment soon, but if you quickly explain the intended effect, I think I might be able to work from there. In fact, from the description in the book, it does remind me of an old ritual I used to use - but we can get back to my early experiments later."

"Yes...there has been too much happening which is why I need all of us togther, at least for a few moments. I think that you might be able to use a pen, or even your finger, if it suits you. As an Orphan, I would say use what you think would make sense, with the concept that the blade is to sever, to end, to cut away, to remove."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Adley morning at dawn:

"As you wish. We can spend part of the time with the underpinning and the rest with the working." He retrieved the book again from his desk and sat across from her, opening it up to the page with the Hebrew Words and falling into lecture mode. "Did you take notes?" he asked, then opened the book between them. "As you read and appeared to understand via your painting, the work is essential and energetic in nature. As most rituals, it employs symbols in form, word, and deed to transcend the mundane. In this case banishing can mean flushing the 'Earthly' concerns, or lower energies, empty the vessel to fill with Prime. The traditional Words use Hebrew Names for God to manifest Power and draw it through the system. The symbols inherent in the ritual that aid but by vibrating a Word, calling upon a Power, viewing a colour, inscribing the pentagram, or making the Signs with the body, these fuse and manifest Will, they create a path to the required action or outcome."

Beatrice nodded she stretched out a hand for the large, cloth bag she usually had with her and retrieved one of the notebooks in it and opened it, there she had notes and comments on the ritual and translations of the words involved, well as good a translation as someone not well versed in linguistics could manage.
"Yes I took notes, and I know the basics of ritual, what you speak of are the same as my mentor have taught me, it is just that for me I never used words as part of the ritual actions."
Beatrice said but she kept close attention anyway, sometimes learning the basics all over again could lead to greater understanding.

"In simplest terms, there are two ways to accomplish vibrating a Word. First one learns how to make the sound with the body, regardless of how strange it might feel, or self-conscious we might be. Then we can tune it like an instrument, learn how to open the mouth, how to emanate the physical sound and project it as an actor might from the chest, turn the body into a sounding chamber. Vibrate the interior with the Voice along the body. Second, vibrate the exterior. The Voice affects the other planes around us. We may draw in or expel energy, seal it inside, direct it through us, release it as if it were to reach out, to fill that which is empty with our intent by applying the Words, visuals and actions to create resonance."

Beatrice nodded, she made a few notes in her books, that did not sound that different from what she did with blood.
"For me when I use blood, I think of it in very similar ways to that, it is just that for me it have always been important to have that tactile element, blood I can touch, sound I can not."
The blood witch said, she seamed in a better mood now, intent and curious, she enjoyed learning and for a few moments her thirst for knowledge made her forget her troubles and she actually, truly smiled.

"For example, ATEH, commonly seen in conjunction with 'Ateh Gihor Le-Olahm Adonai.' With intention and meaning, this Word I breathe in until there is no more room, filling my lungs as if they were bellows; I visualise it. I exhale it and in equal measures emanate it, expel it."

The young Verbena wondered how one could breathe a sound, he understood being filled with energy, breathing it, being it, until it where you and you where it, that she understood, that she did.
"Is it a bit like...if I am going to cast a rote I might draw a symbol of what I want to do, a representation in blood, since Quintessence is the blood of the universe, and then I become that symbol, it becomes me, the blood in me is the flow of energy though the universe and through that, through becoming the representation of that which I want to do, I can make it happen?"
Beatrice said and looked at Adley with curious eyes.

The young Verbena closed her eyes when Adley spkoe the words with intent and power, she could feel the energy in his action, she could feel the way it filled the space between them, but she felt the energy, not the word, still she would try.
"Ok...ehm...let us try this."
Beatrice said a bit uncertain, still with her eyes closed she opened her senses and tried to see the air she breathed and the sound she tried to make in the same way she saw blood, as a living representation of Quintessence. The Verbena's voice was clear and rounded, she probably had a pleasant singing voice, but vibrating words...not so much at the first attempt though there was a hint of energy in her expression as she focused on seeing the sound as part of the energy of the wold, of the universe, as part of her, the energy was there one moment, then gone. Beatrice opened her eyes and sigh.
"That sounded nothing like you did Adley."
She said a bit frustrated but ready to try again.

Bianca afternoon airport:

Ryan grin a little.
"If I use that line all the time my dear, then I would not be fool enough to admit it before a pretty lady."
The Cultist said, he had the kind of voice that melted hearts and his smile was quite fetching to then he turn serious.
"Yeah shit always happens at the worst possible moment."
He commented as he lead the Verbena Hedge Wizard towards the rest room where Tane was working at communicating with the spirit of the airport.
"I have been in the situation myself of being in need of my craft but lacking my tools, it is most irritating."
The mage nodded to what Bianca was saying.
"Yeah there are those of our kind that learn to manipulate that, luck and chance, and one can do as much damage with that as with a fireball."
He comments.
"I hope so to, she is my first apprentice, I would never forgive myself if something happened to her."
Ryan said, he kept his voice low so none could overhear his words.
"Which two guys are you talking about by the way, those you mentioned that saved you?"
Suddely Ryan stopped dead in his track he grabbed a hold of Bianca's wrist hard enough to be just shy of hurting her.
"G...giant vagina? Tell me what you saw woman, please."
Ryan said, he had grown very pale all of a sudden.

Bianca late afternoon Chantry:

Amadeus sigh as he lead the way up the stairs.
"Do not underestimate the woman you met, I have not been told all the details, but for what I know, you do not want to get entangled with her."
The old Verbena said then he nods.
"The Technocracy are our enemies, plain and simple, it is their fault Paradox kill our kin, they seek to kill dreams and make this world nothing but steel and plastic, a perfectly ordered hell, kill them if you can and stay away from them if not, they are the enemies of all our Tradition stand for."
Amadeus said sternly.

"Now as for your teacher, she can be hard on her students, but she do care and she do create the best, my own mentor was no kinder to me."
The old mage said with a grin.
"Perhaps your Avatar is not ready to Awaken child, I at least could not lead it down that path, but it will come a time when it will, in this life or the next."
Amadeus said, he did not however mention that the more powerful a Hedge Wizard got the less was the chance they would cast aside their static magic and Awaken, what Bianca had learned from the old hag was making her less likely to Awaken in this life not more, but he would not say something to take away her hope.
"Just remember that you art is not wrong Bianca, a Hedge Wizard can rival the raw power of an Awakened mage, and perhaps that is your path, you should focus more on what you are, and not what you are not."
Amadeus smile.
"Change your name or keep it when you feel it is right child, when you feel it is right."

"Well yes, this place might not have luxury, but it is not a dump."
Amadeus agreed. The mages the two of you meet on your way seam more curious about who you are rather than wanting to bed you though, it was not that often they saw a new face in the Chantry.

The apartment you are given are fairly small, it have a small living room with a kitchenette, then there are a bedroom and a bathroom, the furniture and appliances are old though, as Amadeus said they where found in storage, but the place is clean and pleasant.
"A garden is not easy here since we are in the middle of a city Bianca, but I will see if I can find some solution for it, some large pots to grow your plants in perhaps...yes it is not ideal for our kind, but sometimes we have to make due."
The old Verbena commented.
"As for work, we will find you something whatever it is your old profession or something else, for now though you should settle in and get to know people around the Chantry."
The old mage say, he walks over to Bianca and pat her on the shoulder, saying nothing when she say she is proud to be his daughter.
"Well for now perhaps you would like to see your sister? I know you where quite close before I sent you away."
Amadeus offers.
"You two have not seen one another for three years...I am sure she will be thrilled to see you."

Colin night:

(I will be reading up on it for now let us just wing it until I manage to figure it out, the guy with the lightening bold are hit with two bullets so I do not need a roll to know he is pretty badly hurt. so then we do not need to hold things up while I check.)

Two of your bullets hit their target, one hit the man about to cast a lightening bolt square in the chest, he other hit higher up his torso, there are no sound other than the bang from the gun, but you see him go down as you take aim for the others, the woman with the dagger suddenly dig the dagger into her own arm though and spill her blood on the floor, Freddy groans and drop to her knees, she still holds the phone though the picture have become unclear.
"Hurry and take your shot Colin, I do not know what the bitch is doing but my head feel like it is splitting open, I can not maintain the rote for much longer."
The young Virtual Adept groan as she weakly and sneakingly hold up the phone so Colin can see what he is doing.
"Hurry..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 pm

--- Night ---
Colin quickly revised his target priority and fired four times at the woman with the blade.
(Rolls, in order, 2, 4, 5, 0 - 6, 6, 9, 9 - 4, 5, 5, 6 - 2, 4, 6, 7. Bangbangbangbang.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:08 pm

((OOC: I see I worded my post poorly however George did give Adley the contact information to Susannah's mentor, he gave Adley two pieces of paper, one with the contact information for Allen and the other for Susannah's mentor, his name is on the note. Here is the segment of the post in question, sorry for wording myself in an unclear way.

George said and pushed the paper over the table to Adley then he took another piece of paper from his pocket and hesitated.
"The girl however...are still alive. She was a Hermetic, of your House Mr Roth Hicks, and she requested that after the rite she be allowed to continue to serve our Order as a Mercere. Her name is Susannah Florentine."
The Archmage hesitated again then he gave the piece of paper to Adley.
"I asked around and managed to find the name and contact information of the Mercere that is her mentor, none would know better than Miss Florentine herself what she did to cleanse herself or if it worked but..."))

Colin:

The woman with the blade somehow evades the first bullet, how? no one knows, by some unnatural means, the others though hit their mark and she hit the ground screaming, it is hard to tell how wounded she is from that small screen, but at least she is no longer hurting Freddy for the Virtual Adept groans and slowly get to her feet, she is a little pale but do not appear hurt, at least not on the surface.

By now Antonio have managed to get his rote working and there is a bright flash on the screen that makes it hard to see anything you hear screaming from up i the hallway though, and you can be damned sure every neighbor have heard shots, screams and lightening bolts by now, not to mention whatever it was the Hermetic just did.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:17 pm

"For me when I use blood, I think of it in very similar ways to that, it is just that for me it have always been important to have that tactile element, blood I can touch, sound I can not."

He looked at her for a full moment, trying to think how she might be able to grasp it, or vice versa. Eventually, he suggested, "Perhaps you should try vibrating the interior, where the blood is, where your organs are. For example, with the vibration of the Word Malkuth, which means the Kingdom...it is also the Earthly plane of the tangible world. Feel the blood at the feet or along the bottom of your Self that is touching the Earth." He had no idea if that would be useful, but the Sephira had their correspondences to areas of the body so he used that as a template.

"Is it a bit like...if I am going to cast a rote I might draw a symbol of what I want to do, a representation in blood, since Quintessence is the blood of the universe, and then I become that symbol, it becomes me, the blood in me is the flow of energy though the universe and through that, through becoming the representation of that which I want to do, I can make it happen?"

He nodded. "I believe so. Vibrated Words also channel specific energy, much as Names and sigils can. That is why they are not all the same sound or the same Word, but ones that have connotations that will move Prime in the way that is required." Blood of the universe, well that was one way of looking at Prime. A much more visceral one than he had...perhaps that was the disconnect.

Beatrice opened her eyes and sigh. "That sounded nothing like you did Adley." She said a bit frustrated but ready to try again.

He smiled a little. "It is much more important that you sound like your Self than you sound like me. No one else will truly sound like me just as no one will sound as you, once you know your Voice it is unique. We each have our own Voice. I did not always sound this way either. It took practice and I am still learning." His awakening had certainly kickstarted his understanding, however but he was still learning. Lessons were harder by experience, the bitterest of teachers. "Here, there was more than your normal speaking sounds, that is a start. That would be harder for someone to mimic, there is an authenticity there in your Intent. Again."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 pm

// re: (OOC: I see I worded my post poorly however George did give Adley the contact information to Susannah's mentor...

No problem -  to be clear, Susanna's mentor is the Mercere, what is his name? And the cabal leader is named Allen, yes?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:36 pm

--- Morning ---
Colin frowned. "Bugger, I had something similar happen to me on a flight once - complete loss of any sense of space or direction. It briefly passed, thank God, but losing that for an extended period of time, I can't even begin to imagine the grief... In any case, I'll make an effort to contact Miss Florentine's mentor; hopefully a telephone will serve."
He pondered, tapping his pen to his lip for a moment.
"Actually, you know what the flow of the ritual should appear like - if you don't mind lending me a sheet of paper, I could show you what I suspect you're getting at; it's a simple thing, only needing a drawn circle for a focus. You should be able to tell if the effect seems comparable, should you not?"
Considering a bit further, he added, "Come to think of it, do you think you and Beatrice might be able to join me in the shop today? No need to inform anyone, as such - I have some work to do there, but that will be mostly limited to some sketching and calculations, as well as giving some old silver an acid bath... I think it could be nice if the three of us rented a helicopter for the afternoon, get ourselves a breath of fresh air and a bit of distance from things?"

--- Night ---
"Why the Devil do Technocrats use Sangromancy? Never mind, hurry up up there!"
Colin waited to see Ingmar and Antonio climb out of the window before handing the Technocrat over to Ryan. "Mr. Darehill, if you please, I'll take point."
He then started on the way toward the cars, checking the corners to make sure the path was clear for the others.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 am

Adley dawn:

He looked at her for a full moment, trying to think how she might be able to grasp it, or vice versa. Eventually, he suggested, "Perhaps you should try vibrating the interior, where the blood is, where your organs are. For example, with the vibration of the Word Malkuth, which means the Kingdom...it is also the Earthly plane of the tangible world. Feel the blood at the feet or along the bottom of your Self that is touching the Earth." He had no idea if that would be useful, but the Sephira had their correspondences to areas of the body so he used that as a template.

Beatrice nodded as she closed her eyes, that she could do, trying to make the sound from the base of her power, her blood. The young Verbena struggled with the pronunciation, but there where more force in her words now as she felt blood shift inside of her, felt energy shift, she soon lost the sound but it had been there for a little while. Beatrice jumped a little as she felt her Avatar stir a little inside of her, it did not speak, it never spoke but she got a feeling of curiosity from it as to what the hell he was doing.
"Well I do not know about vibrating words, but it got my Avatar's attention."
Beatrice muttered.
"I think he wonder what on earth I am doing, well perhaps that would be to banal for such a creature, but at least it is curious."
The young Verbena said with a slight smile.

He nodded. "I believe so. Vibrated Words also channel specific energy, much as Names and sigils can. That is why they are not all the same sound or the same Word, but ones that have connotations that will move Prime in the way that is required." Blood of the universe, well that was one way of looking at Prime. A much more visceral one than he had...perhaps that was the disconnect.

"I get what you are saying...intellectually, and it is similar to what I believe in ways, not all energies are the same and by using different symbols and deeds one can contact different ones, but it is hard for me to internalize such a concept as you speak of enough to use it."
The young Verbena said.

He smiled a little. "It is much more important that you sound like your Self than you sound like me. No one else will truly sound like me just as no one will sound as you, once you know your Voice it is unique. We each have our own Voice. I did not always sound this way either. It took practice and I am still learning." His awakening had certainly kickstarted his understanding, however but he was still learning. Lessons were harder by experience, the bitterest of teachers. "Here, there was more than your normal speaking sounds, that is a start. That would be harder for someone to mimic, there is an authenticity there in your Intent. Again."

Beatrice nodded and she tried again, using the method of trying to feel the sound in her blood, in her organs, and at times she could feel it, at times not, but she continued trying, the girl was nothing but not tenacious, she had to be to survive as Amadeus' apprentice, the man was a good teacher and a patient man, but he demanded her best, and so the young Verbena had begun to demand the same of herself, she she continued trying and at times she felt energy flow, but only for a little while until she lost the sounds again. Now and again though she felt her Avatar paying attention to what she was doing, it shifted inside of her and it seamed...amused. The young Verbena smiles slightly again as she continued to try at least she was focused and determined even if her ability to understand this Paradigm was limited.

Colin night:

"If those are Technocrat I am a pixie with wings and all."
Freddy muttered.
"What we have seen are not Technomagick, my suspicion is that they are...well considering our Barabbi friend here...Nephandi."
The young Virtual Adept commented.
"No matter what they are though this is causing quite a ruckus, we are waking up half the apartment building to be sure, if not all of it."

Ryan nodded he lifted the prisoner and tossed him over his shoulder.
"Alright, go I will follow you."
He said as he ran.
Freddy looked skeptical.
"What about Ingmar and Antonio, we can not just abandon them."
The Virtual Adept complained she hesitantly followed Colin but she was not happy about it.

You hear someone coming down the ladder and if you turn around you will see Ingmar and it sounds like Antonio where right behind.
"There where more of them on the way up the elevator, run!"
Shouted Ingmar as his feet met the ground.
"Antonio is right behind me, he cast some rote to blind them and give up a chance to get away, go...go before they catch on."

(OOC: Yes Allan is the name of the leader of Susannah's former Cabal. Susannah after her punishment is now in training to become a Mercere and her new mentor's name is Micah Gregario. You have the phone numbers to both Micah and Allen.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 am

OOC,  Richard moves through a martial arts kata with his hands focusing it on the carpet) (sorry i just missed 3 pages of text sorry Sad )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:45 am

--- Night ---
Colin left out a whispered stream of profanities as he moved down toward the cars.
"Freddy, you are our rearguard; provide cover for Ingmar and Antonio, but don't fall behind."
Giving a derisive snort, he added, "Nephandi, of course. At least I still own my left nut, now my only concern is keeping it intact. Some nights I simply detest being right..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:06 am

Guardian of the sky
Are you aware and awake?
For i wish to talk
ASked Tane in a Haiku.
For some reason, he liked that simple and gentle way of poetry. Maybe he'd need something a little longer to talk to the spirit, but this was good for now. At least starting with something like the spirit itself: quick, gentle, dinamic
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:37 am

(dawn)

"Well I do not know about vibrating words, but it got my Avatar's attention." Beatrice muttered. "I think he wonder what on earth I am doing, well perhaps that would be to banal for such a creature, but at least it is curious." The young Verbena said with a slight smile.

He wondered if that was a good thing. He honestly did not know.

Beatrice nodded and she tried again, using the method of trying to feel the sound in her blood, in her organs, and at times she could feel it, at times not, but she continued trying...

He suggested different sounds, working on vowels and other key Words for a while longer, listening carefully to the progress she was making. Then he changed the topic away from that, to the archangelic powers and their attributes, the four quarters and the various postures and their mechanisms instead and the pentacle itself which he figured they would have in common, giving her a break from vocalizing. "I think that is enough foundation; do you have any questions before we proceed?"

(9 am)

Colin frowned. "Bugger, I had something similar happen to me on a flight once - complete loss of any sense of space or direction. It briefly passed, thank God, but losing that for an extended period of time, I can't even begin to imagine the grief... In any case, I'll make an effort to contact Miss Florentine's mentor; hopefully a telephone will serve."

"It could have been worse than that, he might have been dragged to a paradox realm or had his entire mind emptied. Thankfully, it was not worse and his paradox seems to have spent itself to a measure. Yes, I do hope so, we'll see what comes of it. Perhaps something, I could use some good news."

"Actually, you know what the flow of the ritual should appear like - if you don't mind lending me a sheet of paper, I could show you what I suspect you're getting at; it's a simple thing, only needing a drawn circle for a focus. You should be able to tell if the effect seems comparable, should you not?"

"Certainly," he replied. He went over to his desk and opened a drawer, retrieving a clean piece of paper and handed it to him. "Well, if it is similar enough or something that I have heard of, then I should be able to, yes."

Considering a bit further, he added, "Come to think of it, do you think you and Beatrice might be able to join me in the shop today? No need to inform anyone, as such - I have some work to do there, but that will be mostly limited to some sketching and calculations, as well as giving some old silver an acid bath... I think it could be nice if the three of us rented a helicopter for the afternoon, get ourselves a breath of fresh air and a bit of distance from things?"

Adley could have not looked more surprised than if the wereshark custos had suddenly arrived at his door. "I can certainly join you at your shop but I do not think it very likely I will be able to be able to take an excursion with you this afternoon, not with everything that is going on. I can't afford to not be available if I am needed."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:24 am

Richard and Colin night:

You do your kata while the corridor above flash with light then you run with the others, as your group run suddenly as Ingmar and Antonio make up the rare then you hear a desperate cry from the apartment building and see a man who had tripped on the carpet go head first out the window and hit the ground below hard, his friends, well two of them at least looked out of the window and one of them sent a fireball in the direction of your group, the ball of fire did not hit anyone but it hit the ground behind you making even more sound and was sure to attract even more attention.

Freddy grumbled.
"I would be less concerned about any of your nuts Colin and more concerned with your soul and sanity."
Then the fireball hit right behind Ingmar and Antonio the impact forcing ground and cement into the air. Freddy yelped.
"Or they could just be trying to fry us...whatever that kid we snatched knows his friend value his silence more than his life it seams."
The Virtual Adept yelled as she ran.

Tane:

The spirit did not understand your question and simply replied.
"I am what I am."
Then she added.
"You may talk, then if it pleases me, I will answer."
The air filled with the smell of fuel and bad airplane food as the spirit spoke, the air was full of the excitement of travel.

Adley dawn:

Beatrice got the movements quickly enough, she was used to ritual gestures and most of the ones used in the Lesser banishing she understood, Archangels where a new one for her but she simply saw them as different names for the elements, shaking her head the young Verbena said.
"No I do not think I have any questions Adley."
Beatrice said, eager to try the ritual, it showed on her face that learning this working was fun for her, she enjoyed it.
"I wonder what my mentor would have said about this ritual, I mean he is more ritualistic than me, but I have not seen him do anything like this."
The young Verbena muttered, mostly to herself as she waited for further instructions of what to do next.

(OOC: Ashan sorry about that, I got to eager and moved to fast, but most of the posts of those pages where not related to the scene you are in. You see we have oh what is it, four different scenes going on at once, first of all different characters are at different locations, but also having several scenes going on at once, some of them not at the same time, that then avoid the problem of some players being able to post more than others, since then everyone have something to do, while the scenes with players that can not post as often just move along at their speed. I however forget to keep you updated on the scene that your character is in, sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:20 am

"No I do not think I have any questions Adley." Beatrice said, eager to try the ritual, it showed on her face that learning this working was fun for her, she enjoyed it."I wonder what my mentor would have said about this ritual, I mean he is more ritualistic than me, but I have not seen him do anything like this."

He stood up and stretched, recalling the glare that Amadeus had given his pater when he'd been reminded to show her the banishing. No use bringing that up. He stood still for a moment and then turned himself toward the Eastern quadrant and gestured for Beatrice to stand where he wouldn't get himself impaled with a dagger or hit with an arm but also within the same quadrant. It was a bit tighter quarters than he was used to but there was about enough room. There probably wouldn't be much synch the first time.

"When drawing the pentagrams, ensure that they are closed and created with intent, imagine that the point of your dagger is drawing through the heavier and thicker, cutting it away and leaving the burning fire. And now we begin.

He stood with the dagger in his right hand and waited for her to do the same. "Imagine that below you is the Earth. And above, there is a brilliant Light shining, descending down over your head from above...this Light is the Crown..." He touched his forehead and intoned ATEH; then he brought the hand down to his center, and continued on with the Quabbalistic Cross and banishing in much the same way he normally would, only considering how long Beatrice had seemed comfortable vibrating the Words previously. He didn't seem pressured to do the ritual quickly but he he did try to mind the pace for her, nor did not draw any immediate attention to missteps, so long as she recovered and kept onward.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:18 am

hahahaa Sure! It was a simple spirit, he should talk simply!
well, hello mighty spirit of the airport. My name is Tane, singer of the spiritual songs. I have come to your domain to protect a young girl from the influence of the void. Might you have happened to feel a void bearer inside of you? I think it's a woman, corrupted and full of pain and hate.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 am

Adley:

Beatrice stood, she repeated your actions as good as she could, the point of her dagger reaching for the golden light above, the light that where greater than the universe itself and then brought it to the center of the ground, her vibrations where far from perfect, some of them had that energetic quality and some did not, but her actions did have intent. The young Verbena struggled with some of the pronunciations and often the words just got spoken, not fully vibrated, but she did her best and some energy carried through to the end of the ritual.

Beatrice smiles, she could feel the flow of the energy and she gave herself to it, the flow of it relaxed her, made her feel better and more centered, it did not do much else but it did that.

Again you can feel your Avatar while doing the ritual, it finally felt cleansed of the unease it had felt since the Paradox Spirit touched it's host, and you can hear the tiny voice of the wounded Umbrood again uttering parts of the same name, it was all it could do right now, clinging to that part, clinging to it's existence while it ever so slowly healed.

The last word of the ritual fell for both of you, Beatrice''s a bit after yours, she had done reasonably well for her first time but it was very clear this did not fit with her paradigm and was very new territory, she had done many mistakes but had kept onwards and completed the ritual. The young Verbena looked at you, she did seam a bit better, a bit more centered, still fearful yes, but a bit more focused towards a solution rather than just reeling in terror.

Tane:

The spirit replied and she did not sound pleased.
"Yes...she is in me, I do not like it, she is wrong."
The spirit said simply, there where fear in it's voice, as much as a simple creature like her could understand fear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:26 am

(dawn)

He felt better than he had when he woke up and when he went to bed that was certain. His avatar had been more restless than he'd thought from the paradox spirit's attack, which was saying something considering it had a piece of Umbrood stuck into it. That was enough reason for it to be uneasy but the attack had made it worse. In the quiet he acknowledged their presences and then stood back up with his arms at his sides as he had when he started.

The young Verbena looked at you, she did seam a bit better, a bit more centered, still fearful yes, but a bit more focused towards a solution rather than just reeling in terror.

He nodded at her. "That was a good start. If you think you are able to do the ritual by yourself in the future, then practice will improve your technique. How do you feel?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next