Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Colin half-smiled, "Lucky guess, then. I gather our newest widderslainte was none too eager to participate as monster bait? Oh! I took the liberty of having Miss Adlebloom look into an idea for me... we know Lisa Larson has a cell phone. If it is possible to find its number, it should be possible to track her with just mundane technology - an essentially simple triangulation using the transmission towers around Boston. With a little luck, using mundane technology will not trigger the scrying wards the Nephandi have in place, and as a precaution, we're thinking of using a third-party location to work from - an internet café or similar facility. Come to think of it, using the University computer laboratories should be possible, if Adley agrees it might be worth the risk."
He sighed, "But, regarding the younger Miss Larson, what did you have in mind?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:28 am

Look Look Look! Coawa's Granny: http://www.earthtouchnews.com/oceans/sharks/shes-back-massive-great-white-shark-named-deep-blue-returns-in-latest-video

Tane said nothing. It was happening, and the song was strong, powerfull and filled him. Tane didn't stopped the singing just for his pleasure: the River filled him with it's power, it's rolling wisdom, it's undying course.
But then, a second avatar was too much. The guy didn't renewed his concience, didn't stopped learning but had 2 avatars? Tane was in awe as the river and the maiden flowed in the smoke that has turned as a mirror of another world.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:35 am

Marie looks into your eyes for a moment as if she want to see what kind of man was taking her son away, then she sigh and looks away deep worry on her face...

It would be fairly easily readable that he was sympathetic to what she was feeling but resolved to do what he had to do. Only yesterday he'd been trying to plead with a judge for Beatrice and what had happened to her still weighed heavily on him.

"I see. I have to say I do not much like this being a prisoner thing." The kid said a bit nervously.

"That's understandable, Raymond. Are you allergic to anything?"

"Hum.." He said then he merely nodded to you to say that he understood.  Anton smiles to the kid and pulled a small travel sized chess board  from one of his pockets and asks Raymond. "Do you play Mr Danbrock?"

He nodded thankfully to Anton as he pulled out the game and closed and locked the door. Since he was returning and would have to open the door; it wouldn't make sense to set up a perimeter ward until afterwards. He headed quickly to his apartment to make some food.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:54 am

Adley:

"That's understandable, Raymond. Are you allergic to anything?"

"Not really strawberries give me a rash so I guess that is a food intolerance or whatever, other than that I can eat anything and the only thing I am allergic to is regular people seeing me making a fireball."
Raymond said with a bit of a grin.
"I think you probably have that allergy as well."

He nodded thankfully to Anton as he pulled out the game and closed and locked the door. Since he was returning and would have to open the door; it wouldn't make sense to set up a perimeter ward until afterwards. He headed quickly to his apartment to make some food.

Anton gave you a reserved smile when you nod to him as he slowly sat down on the ground grunting as his joints did not completely agree with this movement, the man did have a slight bent in his back as he walked you think he might have some sort of arthritis though the hedge wizard only appeared to be around 50 years old or so. A you left you see him finish the set up of the game that he then pass under the door for Raymond to make the first move.

Making some simple food is not to difficult to do, not even with the limited supplies in your kitchen. On your way up to you apartment you see Ingmar Rush and Henrietta Day on their way out the door, the two of them where probably going to the hospital to help the magi already there with getting Raymond's father out.
"So we are going on the big hedge wizard rescue."
Muttered Rush as he walked and Henrietta fixed him with her green eyes.
"Do you have a problem with linear mages Rush."
The Verbena shook his head.
"No I just do not like being sent of without proper explanation but I guess there where no time for it, in either case it seams like a bit of a waste after all hedgies are not that useful."
Ingmar Rush said, he had never been the most polite or easy to deal with. Henrietta raised an eyebrow.
"Really I handed you your own oh so Awakened tush the last time we sparred with spells Rush."
The linear Hollow One boasted and the Verbena sigh.
"Yeah yeah that you did."
The rest of that conversation you do not hear as the two willworkers make their way into the hallway leading to the garage.

Colin:

Colin half-smiled, "Lucky guess, then. I gather our newest widderslainte was none too eager to participate as monster bait?

"Well I doubt that was his biggest issue the boy seam not to have caught on that this ritual might not then have the best effects on his health, though as far as I know it could leave him completely unharmed. He came to us because this Larson woman sent his father to the hospital and threatened his mother and the Nephandi ravaging the city would harm them both and the girl he seam to like, though as the child's father seam to have warned him about the Tradition and what we...do...to his kind from an early age I am quire impressed he dared to come to us."
The old mage said then he sipped his coffee again.
"It was not the most comfortable feeling to sit there while a boy little more than a child looks at you like the bogyman he when he was younger was afraid would jump out of his closet at night, and knowing those fears and feelings where well founded. I am used to thinking of the Traditions as the good guys Mr Wainwright, for this widderslainte youth however we are anything but."

Oh! I took the liberty of having Miss Adlebloom look into an idea for me... we know Lisa Larson has a cell phone. If it is possible to find its number, it should be possible to track her with just mundane technology - an essentially simple triangulation using the transmission towers around Boston.

"Okey..."
Jeffry said and looked at you like you just had said you had sent a hundred mince scurrying to look for Lisa Larson, no scratch that sending a hundred mice to do the job would make far more sense to him.
"If you say so Mr Wainwright just make sure you do not attract the Union to our doorstep with all of this technology nonsense, take the utmost care."

With a little luck, using mundane technology will not trigger the scrying wards the Nephandi have in place, and as a precaution, we're thinking of using a third-party location to work from - an internet café or similar facility.

"What in damnation is an internet cafe Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked briskly.
"I understand nothing of what you are talking about but yes doing this thing somewhere else than the Chantry do sound wise, just make sure neither you nor Miss Adlebloom get yourself captured or killed by any other faction in the war."

Come to think of it, using the University computer laboratories should be possible, if Adley agrees it might be worth the risk."

"That you will have to take up with Adley when he get here Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said all this talk of computers where not brightening is already sour mood.

He sighed, "But, regarding the younger Miss Larson, what did you have in mind?"

"I want her taken in, willingly preferably, with force if necessary. So do you think there is a chance the young Miss Larson will surrender to us willingly Mr Wainwright or should we go straight to the use of force?"

(OOC: Tane I am working on your reply now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:02 am

Tane:

As you sing Cita type on her laptop and watches the screen.
"Hum...a companion."
She mutters in surprise then she says.
"I must say Mr Karyak your method here is quite unique and interesting."
The Virtual Adept said though paying attention to her is a bit hard when caught up in the experience of what you are seeing.

The maiden walked closer to you and seamed to study you with her dark eyes, she was curious and full of wonder, she felt the same as the river, her essence was the same but this entity was younger, much younger. The maiden never spoke but she held your gaze for a good while until she turned to continue her eternal walk down the raging spirit river and the two of them slowly faded from view as the larger, more powerful Avatar decided it did not desire to be looked at anymore.

Amadeus drew a deep breath and looks at you.
"That was quite...something Mr Karyak."
The Verbena muttered still gripped by the awe of seeing his own Avatar right in front of him in such a way.
"Quite something indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 am

"...the only thing I am allergic to is regular people seeing me making a fireball." Raymond said with a bit of a grin. "I think you probably have that allergy as well."

He gave a sudden grin back. "Oh yes, that's one that we share. Very well then, no strawberries." Not likely to be found in his fridge anyway at the moment.

As he walked through the lower floor, hearing Mr Rush and Ms Day talk about going to fetch a hedge wizard, he frowned. They were already out the door by the time that it sunk in they were on a mission to get Raymond's father; he was concerned that they didn't know what they were going into, by the sound of it. Then he hurried onward towards his room, looking at Beatrice's as he passed along the way, hoping she was doing at least a bit better. When he got into his apartment he made a stack of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, having no idea if his pater had had anything to eat either; he knew he hadn't so he made extra. He left the knife in the sink, put the sandwiches into the bread bag and got a thermos of water. Faced with his bookshelf full of mostly text books, learning materials, dictionaries and other non-fiction, he scanned it for something he could give the widderslainte. Maybe the library or Colin would have a better book but for now he grabbed a battered copy of Treasure Island and looked through it for anything stuck in or written on the pages. If he didn't much care for it, well, sandwiches and chess would have to do for the moment. He left his room, heading back down to the basement quickly.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:18 am

He gave a sudden grin back. "Oh yes, that's one that we share. Very well then, no strawberries." Not likely to be found in his fridge anyway at the moment.

Raymond smiles a little at that.
"Well that is a most annoying allergy."
He muttered as you left the make shift cell.

Maybe the library or Colin would have a better book but for now he grabbed a battered copy of Treasure Island and looked through it for anything stuck in or written on the pages. If he didn't much care for it, well, sandwiches and chess would have to do for the moment. He left his room, heading back down to the basement quickly.

You get back to the basement just as Anton is passed the board again from under the door.
"Hum..."
The linear technomancer said as he made a move and send the board back then he saw you and struggled back to his feet, Mr Von Hess was not as nervous as his wife but he was obviously used to having to bow and scrape for mages and that a Awakened mage would not tolerate him remaining sitting in his presence, no matter how much his ailing joints might protest.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
Anton said and gave a small bow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:30 am

Colin carefully avoided smiling at Morgan's discomfort with modern technology.
"I'm sure the plan - to the extent that it is one - will do little or nothing to spook the Technocracy. The idea is to rely entirely on Sleeper means, to avoid tripping the magical wards. As such, mundane law enforcement is a more likely concern, although I doubt they'd manage to register such an intrusion before it was all done. An internet café is simply a place where you can buy a cup of coffee and rent some time on a computer - read news, check electronic mail, that sort of thing - a decidedly mundane convenience for people who might be traveling, or students who need to submit papers electronically and can't do so from home."
He pondered a bit grimly, "As for Miss Hannah Larson, I... honestly can't be certain. I would think we need to send someone of substantial power to treat with her - someone skilled at combat magic, should that prove necessary, but also someone who is prepared to talk first; to offer good terms of hospitality. We would probably need to include her snails in the bargain - familiars or not, she seems fond of them. Essentially, we may have a little bit of goodwill to draw on after yesterday's visit... but I do not know if that will be enough. It might be worth trying, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:49 am

"I'm sure the plan - to the extent that it is one - will do little or nothing to spook the Technocracy. The idea is to rely entirely on Sleeper means, to avoid tripping the magical wards. As such, mundane law enforcement is a more likely concern, although I doubt they'd manage to register such an intrusion before it was all done.

"Very well do be aware though that if you get caught by sleeper law enforcement then there is a good chance that the Union will get you since they have their claws in the mundane police force. However if you can pull this off I am sure it will be useful."
The old mage said he still looked quite uncomfortable about the use of technology.

An internet café is simply a place where you can buy a cup of coffee and rent some time on a computer - read news, check electronic mail, that sort of thing - a decidedly mundane convenience for people who might be traveling, or students who need to submit papers electronically and can't do so from home."

"Hum...very well I guess that can be a practical kind of establishment Mr Wainwright."
The old mage said.
"Well from the little I understood about this plan of yours, it do seam like a good one, do carry on but be careful."

He pondered a bit grimly, "As for Miss Hannah Larson, I... honestly can't be certain. I would think we need to send someone of substantial power to treat with her - someone skilled at combat magic, should that prove necessary, but also someone who is prepared to talk first; to offer good terms of hospitality. We would probably need to include her snails in the bargain - familiars or not, she seems fond of them. Essentially, we may have a little bit of goodwill to draw on after yesterday's visit... but I do not know if that will be enough. It might be worth trying, though."

"Well as long as her pets are not a danger to us she may off course keep them, though a odd choice of pet they are. If they are magickal in nature though...well we will have to see. I have never seen anyone have more than one familiar though, but off course the spirit of one can be split over several bodies."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"Yes if taking her by force becomes needed I will lead the strike myself, I have taken prisoners before, without causing collateral damage, however I was considering sending you to speak with her again Mr Wainwright to try to talk the young woman into surrendering, you seam to have a gift for talking pepole into seeing things your way."
Jeffry said with a light chuckle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:10 am

Colin sighed and smiled wryly, "Well, thank you... I just hope I left a good enough impression on her last time. How soon would you like me to leave, then? I, um, rather had a dinner appointment tonight."
He scratched the side of his nose, looking slightly bashful.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:43 am

"As soon as possible but you should not go alone, nor should you bring so many that you spook the woman."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"Well if the Nephandi get their ritual of the ground and summon an Aswadim then your dinner plans are not likely to matter much however I will try to have you back in time for your appointment. Now I do not want you to take to many chances, if Miss Larson refuses to come willingly withdraw and call me and we will have to do it the hard way."
Jeffry said then he added.
"You can tell her that unless she is Fallen she will not be harmed, she will merely be seen as an Orphan, her background might make some look at her sideways but she is safe with us. In either case we need to sort out this situation now so we can focus on bigger problems."
Jeffry instructed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 am

Colin nodded, "Reasonable enough. Under the circumstances... I think Adley would be a good wingman. He is a better Mage than I, but probably not so blatantly so that she might see it as a thinly veiled threat, and as her teacher, well... if that cat is not already out of the bag, it's only a matter of very little time anyway. He could probably get away with offering her some extra class credit or something for helping out here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Jeffry gave a slight smile when you spoke of his apprentice he was clearly quite fond of the young mage and proud of him.
"Well my apprentice have the same rank as you Mr Wainwright but his ars are a bit more on the offensive side, yes he would be good to send on this assignment also he can be quite diplomatic as well, and yes there is the fact that he already know her."
The old mage said.
"If you would give it a few minutes, he is seeing to the prisoner and then he wanted a word with me about the situation, and I have some words to exchange with him as well, but do stay I think at least part of this conversation will concern you both."
Jeffry said and scratched at the fresh new skin on the side of his face.
"As for class credit Mr Wainwright if someone is so fickle that they would surrender to one of the sides in the Ascension war for such a minor academic favor then I think it would be time to ask for Mr Terach's assistance for such a person would not be responsible enough to be allowed to live and handle magick. Let us hope the young lady will be willing to come to us to save her Avatar from corruption and stop the plans of her mother."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Colin nodded, "His abilities are more on the offensive side, yes, but I believe he also has some greater depth of understanding in multiple Spheres, whereas I, well... I have one Sphere I can outright manipulate, and some marginal understanding of five others. And true enough, if she could be swayed merely by an academic favor like that, she'd be too fickle - but consider it more like adding a drop of water to a full glass. I have no reason to believe that alone would win her over, but properly presented, it might weigh in our favor. By no means do I think it should be presented as a free lunch; she seems much too proud for that. An honest opportunity to learn and have it acknowledged by her teacher, however... But, that's really Adley's decision as her teacher."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Colin nodded, "His abilities are more on the offensive side, yes, but I believe he also has some greater depth of understanding in multiple Spheres, whereas I, well... I have one Sphere I can outright manipulate, and some marginal understanding of five others.

"Well that you have a basic understanding of many areas of reality Mr Wainwright is a good thing, it give you a broad base to work from but yes it might not be a most powerful in combat, though there is allot that can be done just with what one can sense. But yes my apprentice are trained for combat magick, all members of my House are, though other than his Gauntlet he have not had allot of experience, still I am quite confident he will be able to handle himself in a fight."
Jeffry said with a bit of a smile and then sipped his coffee again.
"Oh how rude of me Mr Wainwright, would you like a cup?"
The old mage said and indicated the coffee pot that stood in a shelf behind him.

And true enough, if she could be swayed merely by an academic favor like that, she'd be too fickle - but consider it more like adding a drop of water to a full glass. I have no reason to believe that alone would win her over, but properly presented, it might weigh in our favor.

"Hum...yes well a gift to earn favor have been used in many a negotiation."
The old mage muttered.

By no means do I think it should be presented as a free lunch; she seems much too proud for that. An honest opportunity to learn and have it acknowledged by her teacher, however... But, that's really Adley's decision as her teacher."

"We will we to discuss that with Adley when he gets here."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"This woman sound like someone who would have done well as a Hermetic, if your first impression of her prove to be correct that is, it is a shame who her mother is though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Colin raised a hand, "I'll pass, but thank you. I prefer tea, to be honest, and I've had a few cups already while working on dinner. And I would agree; she might yet make a fine Hermetic; it's entirely possible she's already trained as one, I suppose. Headstrong, studious, disciplined, and confident bordering on arrogant. As opposed to an Orphan, who's shamelessly optimistic, curious, and unable to tell when they should stop talking."
He winked at Morgan, "I'm sure we know a few of that sort, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:00 pm

"As you wish, for me I think I could not make it through the day without more coffee than any sane physician would recommend."
Jeffry said and refilled his cup.
"Well Lisa Larson is according to witnesses a Order of Hermes Barabbi and if she have trained her daughter she might be familiar with our Paradigm."
The old mage said.
"Confident bordering on arrogant, you don't say Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"I know someone who is not a Hermetic that description could fit on as well."
The war mage said then he muttered.
"Though right now it is someone else I am wondering if would be a good Hermetic."
The last part seamed to be more him thinking out loud than something he really meant to say to Colin.
"Well in either case you can discuss with Adley an exact plan for what to offer Miss Larson when he gets here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:07 pm

"Hum..."The linear technomancer said as he made a move and send the board back then he saw you and struggled back to his feet, Mr Von Hess was not as nervous as his wife but he was obviously used to having to bow and scrape for mages and that a Awakened mage would not tolerate him remaining sitting in his presence, no matter how much his ailing joints might protest "Mr Roth Hicks." Anton said and gave a small bow.

"Please, Mr Von Hess that is not necessary. You don't have to get up or bow on my account. Ah, I should have gotten you something to sit on, forgive me I am in a hurry. If I get a chance to come back soon I will get you a cushion." He went towards the door. "Raymond stand back from the door please," he said and went to open it, ready in case Raymond had a change of heart and was about to make a break for it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:41 pm

"Please, Mr Von Hess that is not necessary. You don't have to get up or bow on my account. Ah, I should have gotten you something to sit on, forgive me I am in a hurry. If I get a chance to come back soon I will get you a cushion."

"Oh no no Mr Roth Hicks I am perfectly fine."
The hedge wizard said nervously.
"Thank you for your concern, but there is no need to trouble yourself Sir."
The man spoke softly though he still bowed. You know little about the Von Hesses other than that before you came to the Chantry you mentor had gotten into some trouble when he stormed into a Chantry in Worcester to rescue the two hedge wizards from the magi that abused them, more than that Jeffry have not said about the matter and have not seamed to want to say more about it either.

He went towards the door. "Raymond stand back from the door please," he said and went to open it, ready in case Raymond had a change of heart and was about to make a break for it.

Raymond had stepped back from the door but it was clear he did not enjoy being told to do so or to be searched or generally treated like a prisoner but he did not say anything.
"Hi."
He muttered and seamed a bit uneasy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Colin smiled and tilted his head to the side, as though to acknowledge a point. "Having suffered a near-fatal injury does tend to give one a new perspective on such things as fear and prudence, I guess. Nevertheless, I do try not to aggravate people needlessly; the subtle difference between being carefree and having a death wish. Still, stereotypes do tend to have some basis in reality, do they not?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:30 pm

"Oh no no Mr Roth Hicks I am perfectly fine." The hedge wizard said nervously. "Thank you for your concern, but there is no need to trouble yourself Sir."

"As you wish," he said to him.

He opened the door and nodded at Raymond. "Thank you," he said as he saw he'd stepped back and was looking at him unhappily. "I've brought some sandwiches and a book, some water." He put the book down on the bed and poured some water into the Thermos lid, unpacked him two of the sandwiches and offered them out towards him. putting the book on the bed . "I know these are not exactly the best accommodations - if I have the chance I'll bring you some other entertainments. The next day or so of course are going to be rather...busy." That was of course an understatement.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:46 pm

He opened the door and nodded at Raymond. "Thank you," he said as he saw he'd stepped back and was looking at him unhappily. "I've brought some sandwiches and a book, some water."

"Thank you."
Raymond said he glanced at the food and the book and nodded though he looked worried and frightened as well as humiliated by being searched and well the situation in general even if you did your best to be as kind to him as you could under the circumstances, at least he accepted it though and did not look like he planned to resist.

He put the book down on the bed and poured some water into the Thermos lid, unpacked him two of the sandwiches and offered them out towards him. putting the book on the bed . "I know these are not exactly the best accommodations - if I have the chance I'll bring you some other entertainments. The next day or so of course are going to be rather...busy." That was of course an understatement.

Raymond took the sandwiches and sat down on the bed, he took a bite and nodded.
"It is okey, you are not the brutal monsters my dad have made you out to be, though I suspect I will see more to that side later, I understand you have to take care of Miss Larrson and all that is going on, I will be fine."
The boy muttered with the maturity of a child who had lived a difficult life and while he was a teenager he knew that sometimes life was hard and there was little to be done about that. He had mentioned that he and his family had been on the run from one place to another for most of his life, trying to avoid other mages.
"Could you get someone to tell me when my dad is safe though?"
Raymond asked as he looked up at you.
"I am worried about him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled and tilted his head to the side, as though to acknowledge a point. "Having suffered a near-fatal injury does tend to give one a new perspective on such things as fear and prudence, I guess. Nevertheless, I do try not to aggravate people needlessly; the subtle difference between being carefree and having a death wish. Still, stereotypes do tend to have some basis in reality, do they not?"

"Are the Order of Hermes arrogant? Yes some of us are, we are an old, proud Tradition and often that pride turn to hubris and all to often we get so caught up in our own greatness we look down on those around us, this is correct Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he continued.
"Well it takes allot more than being called arrogant to aggravate me Mr Wainwright, but there are those magi who will take insult at very little, especially from an Orphan such as yourself unfortunately."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Colin nodded, "Hence my choice of words; confident bordering on arrogant. I'd be very careful accusing anyone of outright arrogance, or any vice at all, to their face, whether I'd expect them to take it gracefully or not. The Order of Hermes as a whole seems nothing if not confident; whether that comes off as pride, arrogance or being secure in oneself remains subjective to both the Hermetic in question and the observer. Case in point, you do not strike me as arrogant so much as fixed; a stable point for the Chantry, and conscious of your own limitations. An arrogant person would lack that awareness and assume anything they did not understand would be simple enough."
He tapped the side of his nose, "And I find that in war, anyone arrogant on the front lines tend to have a surprisingly short life expectancy. Well, surprising to themselves, at least."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Hence my choice of words; confident bordering on arrogant. I'd be very careful accusing anyone of outright arrogance, or any vice at all, to their face, whether I'd expect them to take it gracefully or not.

"Especially when that somebody can level a city Mr Wainwright? Well in either case perhaps I am arrogant, I do not know, but I have lived long enough to be rather sure of myself."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.

The Order of Hermes as a whole seems nothing if not confident; whether that comes off as pride, arrogance or being secure in oneself remains subjective to both the Hermetic in question and the observer.

"It is hard to command the forces we do unless we have confidence in our own abilities and our right to change reality by our wills, but off course that confidence at times turn to arrogance and foolishness."
The old mage said.

Case in point, you do not strike me as arrogant so much as fixed; a stable point for the Chantry, and conscious of your own limitations. An arrogant person would lack that awareness and assume anything they did not understand would be simple enough."

"You may be right about that, and I am pleased your opinion of me is positive Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said though he did not sound like he cared much what anyone really though of him.
"I do try and I know there are allot in this world I have little knowledge of that can never the less be quite useful, and to keep this Chantry safe I will use whatever tools are available to me."

He tapped the side of his nose, "And I find that in war, anyone arrogant on the front lines tend to have a surprisingly short life expectancy. Well, surprising to themselves, at least."

"Hum...well then I know where we should send a certain Tytalus."
Jeffry said and gave a smirk as he expressed his love for the Order of Hermes Primus.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next