Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Raymond took the sandwiches and sat down on the bed, he took a bite and nodded.
"It is okey, you are not the brutal monsters my dad have made you out to be, though I suspect I will see more to that side later, I understand you have to take care of Miss Larrson and all that is going on, I will be fine."

Adley sighed; he was clearly not enjoying being a gaoler nor being called a brutal monster by a 15 year old widderslainte but he couldn't see much option at the moment, he knew that his own feelings were hardly what most other magii would be likely to endorse or even understand. He took half a sandwich from the bag and took a bite.

"Could you get someone to tell me when my dad is safe though?" Raymond asked as he looked up at you. "I am worried about him."

Adley nodded. "If I can arrange to do so, yes." He wasn't sure they wouldn't be up to their eyeballs in trouble by that time, considering how the last few days had gone. "I need to go for now. If I can, I will come back to visit," he said, eating the rest of the sandwich half in a big bite. He looked at him for a moment. "Thank you, Raymond." He was thanking him for everything; for coming, for not resisting, for facing his own fears.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Adley nodded. "If I can arrange to do so, yes." He wasn't sure they wouldn't be up to their eyeballs in trouble by that time, considering how the last few days had gone.

"Thank you I just want to know that my dad is safe."
Raymond said and offered a smile at that.

"I need to go for now. If I can, I will come back to visit," he said, eating the rest of the sandwich half in a big bite. He looked at him for a moment.

"It is probably better if you do not...come back I mean."
Raymond said as he ate a sandwich, then he looked down.
"You brought me in, and well...if what my dad tell me of what you guys will do to me is true, if what I read in that book he said described something very...similar is about what will happen to me it is better if you do not get to attached...there is no point in you feeling guilt or I do not know feeling bad about it."
The kid said then he glanced up at you.
"You said there was a chance of finding another solution, if there is one then you can come back, if not perhaps it is better if what will happen just happen to someone you brought in and not someone you have spent allot of time talking to. I mean if I had brought my father a vampire...I would not have wanted to get to know it before he killed it. A bit like not naming the rabbits you are going to eat..."

"Thank you, Raymond." He was thanking him for everything; for coming, for not resisting, for facing his own fears.

Raymond simply nodded to this as he continued to eat his sandwich.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:24 pm

"You said there was a chance of finding another solution, if there is one then you can come back, if not perhaps it is better if what will happen just happen to someone you brought in and not someone you have spent allot of time talking to...."

"Very well then," he said, standing back up. "I'm going to set up a perimeter. This is for your protection. Please don't stick your hand under the door or pass through it unless given instruction, though the chess board is fine."

Adley picked the rest of the sandwiches up and headed for the door. He didn't know how to reply to what he said; there was truth in it. Why get to know him if he was going to be sent to the rite, perhaps die or suffer for the rest of his life? But it was ironic if he should be trying to spare him any sort of pain. Perhaps he did not want to hang around his gaoler, which was only fair enough. He locked the door behind him.

"Mr Von Hess, did you want a sandwich?" he asked. "I'm going to set up a perimeter. If you hear chiming bells, something with a magickal nature has breached the room or there is magick being done inside. Please get assistance if it doesn't seem like an accident," he explained before beginning to work on the same type of ward that he helped his mentor put up every month to detect magickal intrusion. He spent a few moments plainchanting in Latin, drawing and guiding the weave of Prime and spirit energies, not entirely unlike what Beatrice had done so frantically only days before all over the Chantry.

// Not sure how many successes to build this effect but I figured at least three: F2,P2,S2
Arete: 3,7; 6,5; 9,0

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:44 pm

"Very well then," he said, standing back up. "I'm going to set up a perimeter. This is for your protection. Please don't stick your hand under the door or pass through it unless given instruction, though the chess board is fine."

Raymond nodded.
"I am not sure I could get my hand under there anyway but I will do as you say."
The young mage agreed, he did not say anything else, he did not have anything else to say so he just remained sitting on the bed until Adley had closed the door behind him.

"Mr Von Hess, did you want a sandwich?" he asked.

The hedge wizard gave a thin smile.
"Oh no thank you Mr Roth Hicks I have already eaten."
Anton said politely.

I'm going to set up a perimeter. If you hear chiming bells, something with a magickal nature has breached the room or there is magick being done inside. Please get assistance if it doesn't seem like an accident,"

"Very well Sir do you want me to move while you work the spell?"
Von Hess said and nodded that he understood the instructions.

he explained before beginning to work on the same type of ward that he helped his mentor put up every month to detect magickal intrusion. He spent a few moments plainchanting in Latin, drawing and guiding the weave of Prime and spirit energies, not entirely unlike what Beatrice had done so frantically only days before all over the Chantry.

You feel the rote slowly getting into place as reality bends to your will, the air itself around the cell or perhaps the the air...no more basic than that, reality itself became sensitive to magick to the essence of anything to firmly accepted by the consensus. The rote was not as elegant as the one you mentor cast with your assistance each month but it would do the task. The most difficult part was actually bridging the spiritual into the pattern magick of Forces, it was as if you where paining with water colors and then shifted to using sharpies to draw precise lines and shapes and then you had to blend that all together, but you managed and the final word of the rote fell...it was complete.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:55 pm

"Very well Sir do you want me to move while you work the spell?" Von Hess said and nodded that he understood the instructions.

He looked at where Anton was and if he thought he was a bit close he'd ask him to move, otherwise he would shake his head no. "Just mind the space, the chess board is fine but anything or one magickal will set it off."

When he was done, he stepped back. He felt that it was a bit rough but would hold for now, as if he'd tried to put two series of vibrations together into coherence. It was harder to join them on his own than with help, which was hardly surprising. Considering there were the regular Chantry wards in effect he hoped it was a bit of extra precaution that would not necessarily need to be used.

"Take care Mr Von Hess and thank you," he said, hurrying back upstairs to get back to the Security office with the bag in one hand.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:40 am

He looked at where Anton was and if he thought he was a bit close he'd ask him to move, otherwise he would shake his head no. "Just mind the space, the chess board is fine but anything or one magickal will set it off."

Anton was not that close to the door, the Sons of Ether was quiet as you work your rote then he says.
"Very well, do that means I should make sure not to touch the door as well Mr Roth Hicks? I do not see it as magick but a science but by your world view I am a magic user, just a linear one off course but magic user non the less."
Von Hess asked as he slowly lowered himself back down to the floor to continue the chess game with Raymond.

"Take care Mr Von Hess and thank you," he said

"Have a nice day Mr Roth Hicks, I will keep the boy safe and occupied and I have more little magnetic travel sized games when he tire of chess."
The Hedge Wizard said then the looked away as if he thought he had spoken to long and been irritating and that he better shut up.

hurrying back upstairs to get back to the Security office with the bag in one hand.

You get to your mentor's office and the old mage rise from his chair and go and open the door, you see that Colin is in the office as Jeffry usher you inside.
"Did you get young Mr Danbrock safety to the basement and how is the boy doing?"
The old Flambeau asked, he seamed troubled as he did so.
"Damned it, first a kid shy of twenty and now one just fifteen, at some point I will stand before some spiritual judgment trying to explain my own roll in sending two men barely more than children to Gilgul."
The war mage said and sigh.
"In either case we have issues to discuss."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:54 am

Colin nodded to Adley, "And there you are. Was the room to our guest's liking?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:47 am

"Very well, do that means I should make sure not to touch the door as well Mr Roth Hicks? I do not see it as magick but a science but by your world view I am a magic user, just a linear one off course but magic user non the less."

"Yes, it would go off if you passed through or used an effect or a device that was imbued...enhanced, however you would put it, with technomagick...Science that Sleepers could not accomplish, past the doorjamb," he said, attempting to get around the conflict in essential world views and making a bit of a hash out of it. "If you need to go through the door for some reason that isn't critical enough to send someone down, or if it's tripped accidentally, I would call the Chief to reset it. I'll let him know it's up, if there's any other directions for it we'll let you know."

"Have a nice day Mr Roth Hicks, I will keep the boy safe and occupied and I have more little magnetic travel sized games when he tire of chess." The Hedge Wizard said then the looked away as if he thought he had spoken to long and been irritating and that he better shut up.

He wished it was going to be a nice day but it already hadn't been. But the man was just being polite so he nodded to him and gave him a tired smile and left.

Did you get young Mr Danbrock safety to the basement and how is the boy doing?" The old Flambeau asked, he seamed troubled as he did so. "Damned it, first a kid shy of twenty and now one just fifteen, at some point I will stand before some spiritual judgment trying to explain my own roll in sending two men barely more than children to Gilgul." The war mage said and sigh. "In either case we have issues to discuss.
Colin nodded to Adley, "And there you are. Was the room to our guest's liking?"

"Pater, Colin," he nodded to them and offered out the bag of sandwiches. "There's extras," he took out half and put the bag on the desk, then began to answer the questions.

To Colin he said, "I'm sure he's stayed in far better places. He keeps calling it a dungeon. Which it is, essentially," he said with a frown. "I put a perimeter up in the event that someone tries to use magick to get to him or someone with magickal properties tries to get through, hopefully it's not necessary though." Then he looked at his mentor. "He is doing as well as one can be for someone that has been told to kill himself before surrendering to the Traditions," he said, a frank look on his face. He carefully took the knife out of his pocket and the other items and put them on the desk. "He had a few other items, but these I thought might cause problems." Then he added, going back to his original train of thoughts, "It's not much a reward for doing the right thing, to send him off to that fate without even acknowledging what he's faced and sacrificed. If someone might confer him the benefits of being a part of a Tradition, he could at least get a trial. Oh! I saw Mrs Day and Mr Rush going out to pick up Raymond's father...or that is what it sounded like; he seemed upset that he didn't have much to go on...Mr Danbrock is capable of holding a mage at bay and not well disposed to the Traditions, even if he's in something of a state," he said, concerned.  

Adley pulled at the bread crust and then ate it distractedly. "We'll have to talk about Raymond's fate later though, after we're sure there will be a Monday. Judging by how you reacted earlier, pater, summoning an Aswadim is roughly equivalent to the end of the world by way of  Cthulhu." He looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:58 am

"Pater, Colin," he nodded to them and offered out the bag of sandwiches. "There's extras," he took out half and put the bag on the desk, then began to answer the questions.

"Hum..."
The old mage said, it was not the first time he had been so busy that he had forgotten to eat all day and he took and sandwich and gave his student a grateful nod before returning to his chair and indicating the second guest chair for Adley.

I put a perimeter up in the event that someone tries to use magick to get to him or someone with magickal properties tries to get through, hopefully it's not necessary though."

"Good better safe than sorry."
Jeffry Morgan said and he washed the food down with some coffee and offered his apprentice a cup as well.
"The last thing we need is for anyone to get their hands on that boy though it is unlikely anyone would get into the Chantry to do so without our knowledge, extra security is never a bad idea and it will tell us if young Mr Danbrock figure out a way to escape as well."

Then he looked at his mentor. "He is doing as well as one can be for someone that has been told to kill himself before surrendering to the Traditions," he said, a frank look on his face. He carefully took the knife out of his pocket and the other items and put them on the desk. "He had a few other items, but these I thought might cause problems."

"Yes the boy's father have certinly painted us the villains, which we are in this case."
The old mage commented a he glanced as the objects you put on the desk.
"Well me filius you can kill yourself with nearly anything if you are determined enough and I did consider ordering him restrained or drugged down but I...perhaps I am getting old I could not bring myself to cause even more fear and discomfort to the kid, though we have to make sure someone are watching his cell at all times, if I feared I might be...Gilgulled, I would get quite inventive in ways to make sure that did not happen."
Jeffry said and sigh.

Then he added, going back to his original train of thoughts, "It's not much a reward for doing the right thing, to send him off to that fate without even acknowledging what he's faced and sacrificed.

"If no one take him on as an apprentice...it will happen as soon as a certain judge we so love get word that we have him, it...well he have no protection from the law, and he will be alone and suffering, yes it is not much of a reward."
The old mage said and sigh.

If someone might confer him the benefits of being a part of a Tradition, he could at least get a trial.

Your mentor sigh and then sipped his coffee before he leaned back in his chair.
"That someone would have to be me Adley, and yes I am considering it."
The old mage said.
"Everyone who become and Adept can take an apprentice, but generally it have only been those widderslainte that have been apprenticed to well respected Masters that have not been sentenced to Gilgul outright. Now Sharaya is in the process of taking an apprentice, a Japanese girl on the verge of Awakening, Mara...well who knows if Mara have ever had a student and if she have they are probably as close to fay as she is...George well he is leaving to become a Postulant, it might be tomorrow or it might be in five years but he will not have time to train a student and Amadeus...well I guess we could ask him but I would think one widderslainte fili is enough for him and for the time being he will have enough caring for Beatrice, that leaves me and Mr Haagen, and well Haagen made Master last month and while I respect him as a mage I fear he do not hold the gravitas to be able to persuade the Council of Nine to give the boy a chance, that he is Solificati also speak against him in that regards, and that leaves me."
Jeffry took another sip of his coffee and looked thoughtful.
"I do have the age and experience that they can not ignore me nor can they claim I will be unable to control the boy, also I have taken seven apprentices, raised six of them to be initiated into the Order..."
The old mage said, pain touched his eyes for a moment at the thought of the seventh that never made it that far.
"And five of those six have done good things, respectable things for the Order and the Traditions in their lifetime and the last one is getting there."
Jeffry said and gave Adley a bit of a smile.
"No one can claim I am not an experienced teacher...however taking on a widderslainte...well it is not exactly the student I imagined and even should I be able to keep him intact in trial, he is nearly sure to be Branded which means I will be taken on a battered, severely traumatized widderslainte not an ideal situation. Also since he have been in a Labyrinth and had contact with the Fallen it makes a trial that much more difficult...but at least if he i Gilgulled then it would not be at a local Chantry for him to be killed o tossed out in the street to die alone as they see fit, he would have to be treated as a member of the Traditions and he would not be alone. Perhaps the only right thing to do would be to offer him such an apprenticeship to give him a chance...or at least companionship and some dignity."
The old mage muttered thoughtfully.

Oh! I saw Mrs Day and Mr Rush going out to pick up Raymond's father...or that is what it sounded like; he seemed upset that he didn't have much to go on...Mr Danbrock is capable of holding a mage at bay and not well disposed to the Traditions, even if he's in something of a state," he said, concerned.

"I did not have the time to give them all the details, however I did mention that Mr Danbrock might be hostile. That being said they will have Narim Sharaya and his escort there."
The old mage said.
"Also if I am right about what sort of Hedge Wizard Mr Danbrock is then he is not hostile to the Traditions he just want to keep his son safe from us...if I am right then his Order are our long lost cousins, but yes it is clearly a quite powerful sorcerer we are talking about here and I did tell everyone involved to take their precautions, that they are not picking up an old lady with her Tarot Cards but to treat him as they would a Mage for his power is likely comparable to ours, if less flexible."

Adley pulled at the bread crust and then ate it distractedly. "We'll have to talk about Raymond's fate later though, after we're sure there will be a Monday. Judging by how you reacted earlier, pater, summoning an Aswadim is roughly equivalent to the end of the world by way of Cthulhu." He looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"The world probably not but this city quite possibly. The Aswadim are a order of six ancient Nephandi, thousands of years old. It is funny you should mention that horror author Lovecraft for their leader Al Aswad is said to be the real inspiration behind both Nyarlathotep, and the Christian Devil both. The Aswadim are called the anti Oracles and while I doubt that they are that exactly, they are certainly Arch magi of wast power and they are just barely what we can call human anymore. Most of the time the Aswadim do not act, they only observe, but if Larson could get one to fight against us...well let me illustrate it for you mea filius...do you think any of us at this Chantry, even if we combined out might could take George Steelhaven in a magickal battle? Well on the scale of achmages he is to the highest degrees we have observed what Rosa Olson is to me...if that Aswadim comes into play gentlemen, all we can do is try to evacuate and even that will have a doubtful outcome."
Jeffry Morgan said in a grave tone of voice.
"Let us just say I might get that glorious death in battle being swatted like a mildly irritating fly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:18 am

Colin pondered, "So, the Black Pharaoh, then... Not a pleasant prospect at all. Incidentally, The Dreams In The Witch-House had Nyarlathotep posing as the Devil, if memory serves... I could look up the story if you like, but it's really a derailing. I suppose it is too much to hope for a fatal weakness to sunlight or something like that?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:39 am

"Well let us hope it is not Al Aswad himself that will be called Mr Wainwright, the other five is bad enough."
Jeffry Morgan said with a bit of a wry smile.
"Then again with our luck lately..."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"Well I think that right at the moment horror stories is not what I would like to read for entertainment Mr Wainwright, if I had the time for such diversion. But thank you for the offer."
The Security Chief took a sip of his coffee.
"No as far as I know the only weakness of the Awadim are the weakness of any mage Paradox, unless they have found a way to more effectively negate it. That being said they are physical beings, at least partially so they presumably can be killed, but I have never heard of an Aswadim being defeated."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:45 am

Colin nodded, "Primium rounds, then... I do wonder how much firepower it would take to destroy the Caul, as well..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:52 am

"I doubt it will be as easy as getting close enough to shoot such an advanced Archmage Mr Wainwright and I am pretty sure he will have some way to deal with Primium, but should you be able to kill a dark God with a gun Mr Wainwright, then I will owe you a drink."
Jeffry said with a wry grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Colin chuckled, "I hope I won't have to hold you to that... Nevertheless, if the Caul is flawed or unripened, it might be possible to... kill it. I'd like the special munitions issued for an assault on the Labyrinth, if I'm to participate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:27 pm

"Oh I hope you do Mr Wainwright, if our problems could be solved by a bullet I would be most pleased especially considering the exquisite irony of a being that powerful being laid low with something so simple. It would be a drink I would be most pleased to buy however I doubt fate will be as kind as to offer such a simple solution."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"However I do think you are on the right track, if we take out the Coul it will be killing the heart of the Labyrinth and chances are they will not then be able to call the Aswadim and yes a Caul, like anything living can die, the difficulty lies in getting to it not in taking care of it once we do. However yes you have proven yourself a good shot Mr Wainwright, once we are ready to storm the Labyrinth I will approve you using the Primium ammunition, perhaps you can take down a few Fallen with it."
The old mage said and his face was in his usual gruff expression but something in his eyes said that he did not like turning around and using the weapons of the Technocracy that he so hated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:06 pm

"Well me filius you can kill yourself with nearly anything if you are determined enough and I did consider ordering him restrained or drugged down but I...perhaps I am getting old I could not bring myself to cause even more fear and discomfort to the kid, though we have to make sure someone are watching his cell at all times, if I feared I might be...Gilgulled, I would get quite inventive in ways to make sure that did not happen."

"Yes, I know, but I have told Mr Von Hess that he should be on watch for self-harm. He is currently playing chess with him. I could have stripped down the bed of sheets and taken some other precautions but...hopefully the removal of the knife will at least put the most obvious route out of sight. Still, he seems mostly resigned to the fact it might be the outcome. He did ask to be notified if we rescue his father, though."

"That someone would have to be me Adley, and yes I am considering it." The old mage said..No one can claim I am not an experienced teacher...however taking on a widderslainte...well it is not exactly the student I imagined...Perhaps the only right thing to do would be to offer him such an apprenticeship to give him a chance...or at least companionship and some dignity."

Adley looked at him with surprise on his face. It wasn't like the idea hadn't crossed his mind, even back on the kid's doorstep when he heard Adjan talking to him. But he was the Chief of Security...at the same time, the kid couldn't hope for anyone better to help him control himself other than his biological father. The Chantry's safety and needs were going to have to be considered though, they were already upset about Beatrice and she was quite innocent compared to Raymond. "I don't think any of us could have imagined what's happened to us this week...you did ask me to find you a new apprentice." This week was also shaping up to be one of watching what one wished for, apparently. Everyone was bound to think they were mad or fools. His pater for taking a widderslainte, brave or not, to be a part of the House while being the Security Chief of Steelhaven and himself for thinking that the kid had a chance to be cleansed. Or at least, perhaps. Even so, the thought lingered.

"I did not have the time to give them all the details, however I did mention that Mr Danbrock might be hostile. That being said they will have Narim Sharaya and his escort there...I did tell everyone involved to take their precautions, that they are not picking up an old lady with her Tarot Cards but to treat him as they would a Mage for his power is likely comparable to ours, if less flexible."

Adley nodded at that, satisfied and took another big bite of his food. It wasn't that he'd thought there was time to tell the whole story, hell, so much had happened he was sure that even the three of them in the room now hadn't all the facts of what had transpired in the day.

"The world probably not but this city quite possibly. The Aswadim are a order of six ancient Nephandi, thousands of years old. It is funny you should mention that horror author Lovecraft for their leader Al Aswad is said to be the real inspiration behind both Nyarlathotep, and the Christian Devil both...if that Aswadim comes into play gentlemen, all we can do is try to evacuate and even that will have a doubtful outcome." Jeffry Morgan said in a grave tone of voice. "Let us just say I might get that glorious death in battle being swatted like a mildly irritating fly."

His eyes widened a bit. "That's what I get for attempting humour," he said with a sigh, eating the last bite of his food. Having lived in Rhode Island, Lovecraft was relatively ubiquitous. He listened to Colin and his pater go back and forth over the proper target and attack methods and then nodded. "Yes, it seems prevention is the best way to go. If we can destroy the caul then we can prevent him from arriving. But we'll need to take down that woman as well if we're able so she doesn't get a shot at trying again. We're going to need to organize something with Lux Iternis, perhaps even some of the other chantries. We're up to our eyeballs in people but are strung thin. If we send out a strike team we're leaving the Chantry with fewer defenders. So, any news on the car? And there's still Hanna to deal with I assume. Unless that's changed?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Amadeus wrote:"That was quite...something Mr Karyak."
The Verbena muttered still gripped by the awe of seeing his own Avatar right in front of him in such a way.
"Quite something indeed."

Tane sighted and let the song die finally. I think i can say the same. Tane said, obviously having felt the "Something".
But you should have singed. Tane jested.

I'm sorry what were you saying, Cita?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:56 pm

Adley:

"Yes, I know, but I have told Mr Von Hess that he should be on watch for self-harm. He is currently playing chess with him. I could have stripped down the bed of sheets and taken some other precautions but...hopefully the removal of the knife will at least put the most obvious route out of sight. Still, he seems mostly resigned to the fact it might be the outcome. He did ask to be notified if we rescue his father, though."

"Good Mr Von Hess is a reliable man he will keep the kid under close watch, and off course there is also the matter that if we take away the boy's every comfort we make him feel more trapped which might him more fearful and more likely to harm himself. No the measures done will have to be enough for now."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"If will make sure that if all go well and Mr Danbrock is safely brought to Steelhaven our young prisoner will be notified."

"I don't think any of us could have imagined what's happened to us this week...you did ask me to find you a new apprentice." This week was also shaping up to be one of watching what one wished for, apparently. Everyone was bound to think they were mad or fools. His pater for taking a widderslainte, brave or not, to be a part of the House while being the Security Chief of Steelhaven and himself for thinking that the kid had a chance to be cleansed. Or at least, perhaps. Even so, the thought lingered.

Your mentor gave a slight grin.
"So I did so I did though I think you have forgotten that my House is not Tytalus I am not looking for an extra challenge."
The old mage joked.
"Though the kid do got guts and while he is completely different from you and Helena and..."
Jeffry sigh and did not finish what he was about to say about his lost apprentice instead he said.
"Though he do reminds me of Peter...you never got to meet him Adley, he was my first apprentice...hum...well in either case before a decision is taken I need to discuss this with the rest of the Chantry and also clear the air about Miss Alexander...but the decision will have to be made quickly, before the kid's existence is found out by D'Angelo."
The war mage said as he considered.

His eyes widened a bit. "That's what I get for attempting humour," he said with a sigh, eating the last bite of his food. Having lived in Rhode Island, Lovecraft was relatively ubiquitous. He listened to Colin and his pater go back and forth over the proper target and attack methods and then nodded. "Yes, it seems prevention is the best way to go. If we can destroy the caul then we can prevent him from arriving. But we'll need to take down that woman as well if we're able so she doesn't get a shot at trying again.

"Oh yes, we can not leave Lisa Larson alive and complete. Preferably I want her taken alive so we do not have to deal with her reincarnation in the future for with that woman I have no reservations on the use of the Gilgul rite, however I will settle for her death if capturing her prove to problematic, first we need to find her and the Labyrinth though."
Jeffry said in a grim tone of voice.

We're going to need to organize something with Lux Iternis, perhaps even some of the other chantries. We're up to our eyeballs in people but are strung thin. If we send out a strike team we're leaving the Chantry with fewer defenders. So, any news on the car? And there's still Hanna to deal with I assume. Unless that's changed?"

"Yes when the Labyrinth is found a strike team will be organized between all five Chantries as well as an unaffiliated Hedge Wizard group that have said themselves willing to help out."
Jeffry said as he ticked points off on his fingers as he replied.
"Yes Narim have a lead on the car at a rest stop North of the city, it should be arriving Boston in the middle of the night and he is maintaining discreet surveillance of it so a strike team will also have to be assembled for that situation, you will be on it as here we are most likely talking about two Nephandi and you need experience in fighting them in case you need to deal with a more dangerous situation. Now when that is said I have found a good place to make our move a empty stretch of road where hopefully there will not be many Sleeper witnesses. If all go as planned we will attack this car around 10 tonight."
Jeffry said then he went to the next question.
"Yes Hannah Larson need to be brought in. I am sending you and Mr Wainwright to make one attempt to get her to come willingly, if that do not work we will have to use force. You will be leaving for that task as soon as we are done talking here."
The old mage said as he tried to direct all the pieces to make the best use of what little time you have.
"When you come back I will call in the Chantry for a general meeting and discuss Beatrice...and our new guest in the basement so a decision can be made in time."

Tane:

Tane sighted and let the song die finally. I think i can say the same. Tane said, obviously having felt the "Something".
But you should have singed. Tane jested.

"Like I said I do not often sing."
The old Verbena said then he gave a little smile.
"One thing Mr Karyak, you have seen a most private part of me, I would appreciate your discretion on the matter."
Amadeus said sternly as he looked at the Dreamspeaker.

I'm sorry what were you saying, Cita?

"Hum..no not important I was just making an observation."
The Virtual Adept said then she looked at her screen.
"It do however seam that your method do not put any strain on the Avatar you ehm...sing for so it should be safe to use on Beatrice, do however stop immediately and call me if she expressed pain or become frightened when you attempt this and do not force her Avatar to show itself, remember that it is very delicate right now."
The Technomancer said then she added.
"Also be careful Mr Kayak, you will be dealing with a powerful Primordial that are wounded and frightened, if you get to close...spiritually it might attack you."
Cita warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Colin nodded, "I propose Adley and I go in with concealed arms, just in case she has guests from her mother's side. But not visibly so, and as I suggested to Chief Morgan already, perhaps you can offer her some extracurricular studies and class credit as part of the bargain? I would guess she is too proud of her own academic achievements to accept free credit, but an opportunity for learning might help a little to sway her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Jeffry said and nodded. "If will make sure that if all go well and Mr Danbrock is safely brought to Steelhaven our young prisoner will be notified."

"And then what to do with him and his wife, surely they're going to want Raymond out of here. But first thing is to get him here."

"Though he do reminds me of Peter...you never got to meet him Adley, he was my first apprentice...hum...well in either case before a decision is taken I need to discuss this with the rest of the Chantry and also clear the air about Miss Alexander...but the decision will have to be made quickly, before the kid's existence is found out by D'Angelo."

"Which will be approximately when you tell them that we got a lead on the imminent arrival of an Aswadim, or that's when the questions will start."

"...first we need to find her and the Labyrinth though."

He nodded. "Well, we know a little more than we did, it's probably in a hardware store or metal machine shop. But there could be a decent amount of those."

"Yes Narim have a lead on the car at a rest stop North of the city, it should be arriving Boston in the middle of the night and he is maintaining discreet surveillance of it so a strike team will also have to be assembled for that situation, you will be on it as here we are most likely talking about two Nephandi and you need experience in fighting them in case you need to deal with a more dangerous situation. Now when that is said I have found a good place to make our move a empty stretch of road where hopefully there will not be many Sleeper witnesses. If all go as planned we will attack this car around 10 tonight."

"Very well."

"Yes Hannah Larson need to be brought in. I am sending you and Mr Wainwright to make one attempt to get her to come willingly, if that do not work we will have to use force. You will be leaving for that task as soon as we are done talking here."
Colin nodded, "I propose Adley and I go in with concealed arms, just in case she has guests from her mother's side. But not visibly so, and as I suggested to Chief Morgan already, perhaps you can offer her some extracurricular studies and class credit as part of the bargain? I would guess she is too proud of her own academic achievements to accept free credit, but an opportunity for learning might help a little to sway her."

Adley frowned. "She is one of my students; if she turns up missing on top of the fact Mr Lenoe called out for sabbatical right after I called about him, it may not look particularly good. Rumors spread almost as fast at school as at a chantry. Add to the fact once Hannah realises what I am, if she hasn't already, then she could cause problems later. But very well, as things have become critical perhaps she will respond to a familiar face better." He looked at Colin and raised an eyebrow "Ready to throw my academic grade curve out of the loop to save the city?" he teased but then became serious. "I'm not sure it will be the best lever to push but I will offer to give her extra teaching if it will help things along. Her grades are adequate if I recall, so I'm not really sure how much incentive that will be in the face of what we are asking for. We should also consider if we have to take her by force, what methods to use and where to pick her up from. You and Freddie went last time...did you find anything out about her that could be a stronger motivator?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 pm

"And then what to do with him and his wife, surely they're going to want Raymond out of here. But first thing is to get him here."

"One of two options. If the rest of the Chantry will accept me apprenticing the boy I will talk with Mr and Mrs Danbrock and make them understand that this is the one chance their son have of getting a life where he is not constantly looking over his shoulder and that yes there is risk, significant risk, but that it is still the best chance he have. If I can make them see reason on that I will offer them a position of Custos at Steelhaven. If I am to train this widderslainte I will welcome the aid of the man who have kept him in check for all his life and besides if Mr Danbrock is of the linear Order I think he is then he will be an expert at counter magick and will be an assert to the Chantry and as for Mrs Danbrock, she is likely a true believer and I am sure we can find some way for her to be useful while we at the same time keep them safe. Now if I can not help Raymond I will have the Danbrocks sent to Horizon to be kept safe by allies there that owe me a favor, they will be out of Lisa Larson's reach and once this crisis is over they will be released and allowed to go their own way, our bargain with their son kept."

"Which will be approximately when you tell them that we got a lead on the imminent arrival of an Aswadim, or that's when the questions will start."

"Well let us just say I will let everyone involved know that there are worse things to worry about than Beatrice Alexander and Raymond Danbrock."
Your mentor said with a bit of a grin.

He nodded. "Well, we know a little more than we did, it's probably in a hardware store or metal machine shop. But there could be a decent amount of those."

"Yes well since we know the area we have to look in narrowing it down is at least possible. Mr Wainwright had some plan to try to find Larson using those infernal communication devices, and in either case I will discuss this with Mr Sharaya as soon as he comes back from the hospital, if anyone can find out more about those hardware store or machine shops that are candidates for the portal to the Labyrinth he can and if not well, we can always see what we can find with a bit of scrying, if we manage to take that arriving car out then the drivers might have more information for us as well, if we manage to take them alive, something that at times are hard to do with Nephandi."

Adley frowned. "She is one of my students; if she turns up missing on top of the fact Mr Lenoe called out for sabbatical right after I called about him, it may not look particularly good. Rumors spread almost as fast at school as at a chantry. Add to the fact once Hannah realises what I am, if she hasn't already, then she could cause problems later. But very well, as things have become critical perhaps she will respond to a familiar face better."

"I am aware that this can make things difficult for your mea filius."
Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice.
"But right now we need that woman to come where Larson will find it harder to get at her. Now granted I do not think that she is critical for the ritual, I think her mother is using their special occasion to force her child over to her own side but I can not take the chance that I am wrong in this, and I do think a familiar face can help persuade her to come willingly."
The old mage continued.
"Now you can assure her that if she is not herself Fallen and she comes willingly then she will not be harmed, yes many will look at her sideways for who her mother is, but if her Avatar is not inverted she is merely and Orphan and while such close relations with the Nephandi would be a serious crime for a member of the Traditions we are not going to hold her responsible, she will be held until the crisis is over and then released or if she wish I will put her in contact with magi who are looking for a good student."
He sand then he sigh.
"Let us just hope she is not widderslainte though I doubt that she is since if she where there would be no reason to send her through th Caul."
The old mage then nodded.
"I do agree with Mr Wainwright though that you should both be armed as you go to see this woman, just in case, though off course shooting a university student in her own apartment, that will be hard to explain to sleeper police forces even if she should attack you or any of her mother's associates should come and cause problems."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:24 am

Colin nodded, "I would not ask you to throw out your professional integrity, Adley - but Miss Larson the younger does strike me as having the pride and ambition of someone who would seriously consider any opportunity to expand on her own knowledge and power base. As such, offering free class credits would likely be taken as a slap to the face, but, say, an opportunity to help translate, say, an old, complicated text from our library, and receive academic acknowledgment for it as well might have its appeal. Not necessarily something inherently dangerous or powerful, of course - I'm sure we have a fair number of old books on very basic magical theory in Attic Greek or similar dead languages; volumes it should be fairly safe to assume won't substantially empower our enemies. And she would not have to turn up missing, as such - if we can prevent the Sunday ritual, she could be back in class on Monday without anyone being any wiser; if we cannot prevent the ritual, I'd say your academic standing would be the least of any worries you might still have anyway. As for stronger motivator... We know that she is not on friendly terms with her mother, and that the Nephandi send goons, plural, to bring her to the 'family dinners' blindfolded; we also know, thanks to our mad friend, that she insists on paying her own tuition by working at a pet store, in spite of her mother's repeated offers to pay. And she is very fond of her three African giant snails, which I recommend we also bring along for their protection. After the previous visit, she might be a bit confused about... the extent of our hostility. She did let on that she's a quite experienced Mage, Awakened from birth, when our last excursion tried being sneaky and harmlessly incapacitating her. I think I managed to adequately dismiss the attempt as a simple test of her ability rather than an outright abduction attempt, after which we left to allow her the necessary rest before her test. To put things simply, I think one of our best bets would be to offer her sanctuary for the duration of the ritual, and an option for a formal Tradition membership; it seems her mother is a former Hermetic, and I'd surmise that's the order Hannah Larson would be liable to join as well. Any academic opportunity would be there merely to sweeten the deal."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:07 am

"One of two options. If the rest of the Chantry will accept me apprenticing the boy I will talk with Mr and Mrs Danbrock and make them understand that this is the one chance their son have of getting a life where he is not constantly looking over his shoulder and that yes there is risk, significant risk, but that it is still the best chance he have...if I can not help Raymond I will have the Danbrocks sent to Horizon to be kept safe by allies there that owe me a favor, they will be out of Lisa Larson's reach and once this crisis is over they will be released and allowed to go their own way, our bargain with their son kept."

"Well, it's going to be a difficult discussion. I suppose we shall see what the others think. But after what happened to Beatrice..." He frowned.

"Yes well since we know the area we have to look in narrowing it down is at least possible. Mr Wainwright had some plan to try to find Larson using those infernal communication devices...

He looked over at Colin. "Cell phones? Are you going to see f Hannah's got her mother's number?"

...in either case I will discuss this with Mr Sharaya as soon as he comes back from the hospital, if anyone can find out more about those hardware store or machine shops that are candidates for the portal to the Labyrinth he can and if not well, we can always see what we can find with a bit of scrying...

"Another way to narrow it down might be to scry for areas where there are those shops in combination to where the gauntlet is different, for example if they've added bans to it or strengthened it for their own use...if it's been used frequently in the last month there may be resonance that could be noticed if someone wasn't too careful of cleaning up after themselves."

"I am aware that this can make things difficult for your mea filius." Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice. "But right now we need that woman to come where Larson will find it harder to get at her. Now granted I do not think that she is critical for the ritual, I think her mother is using their special occasion to force her child over to her own side but I can not take the chance that I am wrong in this, and I do think a familiar face can help persuade her to come willingly."

"Very well. We don't need anyone else put through that caul, to make it stronger and destroy another avatar."

"I do agree with Mr Wainwright though that you should both be armed as you go to see this woman, just in case, though off course shooting a university student in her own apartment, that will be hard to explain to sleeper police forces even if she should attack you or any of her mother's associates should come and cause problems."

"That and after we removed Raymond and saved the Master they may be watching the place for more activity on our part."

Colin nodded, "I would not ask you to throw out your professional integrity, Adley - but Miss Larson the younger does strike me as having the pride and ambition of someone who would seriously consider any opportunity to expand on her own knowledge and power base. As such, offering free class credits would likely be taken as a slap to the face, but, say, an opportunity to help translate, say, an old, complicated text from our library, and receive academic acknowledgment for it as well might have its appeal. Not necessarily something inherently dangerous or powerful, of course ...if we can prevent the Sunday ritual, she could be back in class on Monday without anyone being any wiser; if we cannot prevent the ritual, I'd say your academic standing would be the least of any worries you might still have anyway

He gave him a wry look at his professional career tanking if Sunday went through unimpeded. "No doubt...well, if you think she is motivated by learning then I don't have any issue with teaching, unless it would make her a stronger enemy of course. I would rather not have her be on their side at all."

We know that she is not on friendly terms with her mother... To put things simply, I think one of our best bets would be to offer her sanctuary for the duration of the ritual, and an option for a formal Tradition membership; it seems her mother is a former Hermetic, and I'd surmise that's the order Hannah Larson would be liable to join as well. Any academic opportunity would be there merely to sweeten the deal."

He nodded. "If she's already on alert for someone trying to take her then it will be harder and like I said I wouldn't be surprised if the place is being watched now that there have been hits on them. But perhaps she'd rather come with us than her mother's attendants." He looked over at his pater. "Is that option for Tradition membership on the table, if we should find her a suitable mentor and if she's not Fallen or working willingly with that woman?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:23 am

Colin smiled, "Initially, we're not asking Hannah Larson for her mother's number... Miss Adelbloom should be busily rifling through the phone directories to see if Lisa Larson has a listed number under her own name; a bit of a long shot, I'll allow, but not entirely impossible. If that is the case, we'll try to secure some computer time away from the Chantry - an internet café, for example - for an old-fashioned mundane hack job to triangulate with the cell towers around Boston. With luck, tracing her by means of completely mundane technology like a Sleeper would, we might slip under her wards."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:48 am

"Funny...Raymond made a joke about mages not being in the telephone book earlier," he said dryly. "I hope it turns up something useful though." Then he asked, "do you happen to know where Hanna's going to be?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next